时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | United States V.S. China in the World Cup Final | 世界杯决赛美国对中国 |
[00:06] | I’m going to forget all about this in 24 hours, | 虽然过一天我就会忘了这场比赛 |
[00:08] | but right now, this is my world. | 但是现在 我特别得激动 |
[00:10] | We’re team USA, right, Tina Pham? | 我们是支持美国队的 对吧? 蒂娜·番姆? |
[00:12] | Sure she was born in China, | 虽然她是中国产的 |
[00:13] | but this is the only home she’s known. | 但这里是她唯一的家 |
[00:16] | It would be dope if the U.S. won. | 美国队能赢的话就酷毙了 |
[00:17] | You know, finally stick it to another country for once. | 终于可以拼搏一下再赢了 |
[00:19] | Hey, don’t discount China. | 不要低估中国队 |
[00:21] | The way that pitcher used her head to bounce the ball over the cage. | 那个”投手”打进头球的方式 |
[00:25] | Resourceful and unexpected. | 既巧妙又出其不意 |
[00:27] | That’s China. | 中国就是这么牛逼 |
[00:28] | Did you say “pitcher”? | 你刚才说”投手”? |
[00:29] | I really don’t care who wins this game. | 我才不关心谁赢这场比赛 |
[00:31] | You call this a game? | 你管这叫比赛? |
[00:32] | Where’s the hitting? | 哪有射门? |
[00:33] | Where’s all the blood, little Liza? | 比赛的气势都去哪了 是不是呀 小丽莎? |
[00:35] | That’s why I voted to watch “Cops”. | 所以我才要提议看《美国警察》的 |
[00:38] | Can you guys keep it down? | 大家能小点声吗? |
[00:39] | All this commotion is distracting Maria from eating. | 你们这么吵 都打扰到玛丽亚专心吃东西了 |
[00:45] | Cool. Just add yams to the list of things you won’t eat, | 行吧 以后把番薯也列在你不想吃的清单里 |
[00:48] | which so far is everything but strawberries and crayons. | 现在除了草莓和蜡笔 你什么都不吃了 |
[00:50] | Honey, pipe down, we can’t hear the game. | 蜜儿 安静 我们听不到比赛了 |
[00:52] | If this is a game, | 如果这算是比赛 |
[00:53] | then “The English Patient” is a war movie. | 《英国病人》也算是战争片 |
[00:55] | It’s been 90 minutes and no one has scored! | 都九十分钟了双方一个球都没进 |
[00:57] | Oh, come on, let the gals use their hands! | 干脆让姑娘们用手算了啊! |
[01:00] | Relax, Marvin. We’re in overtime. | 别着急 马尔文 现在已经是加时赛了 |
[01:01] | This’ll be over any second. | 比赛很快就会结束的 |
[01:05] | If Brandi Chastain makes this penalty kick, | 如果布兰迪·查斯汀的点球能进的话 |
[01:07] | the U.S. wins. | 美国就赢了 |
[01:40] | Rushing off to do his homework, | 急着去做作业了呀 |
[01:42] | he may root for team USA, but his blood runs red. | 虽然他支持美国队 但流的还是中国血 |
[02:04] | Hmm, proofreading your dad’s poetry again? | 又在校阅你爸的诗吗? |
[02:06] | If only. | 是就好了 |
[02:07] | I’m trying to pick an elective for 9th grade. | 我在选一门九年级的选修课 |
[02:09] | There’s just so many great options… | 但是好课太多了 |
[02:10] | photography, yearbook, drama… | 有摄影 年鉴 话剧… |
[02:12] | Ugh, drama? | 话剧? |
[02:14] | Woodshop, ceramics, welding | 木工 制陶 焊接 |
[02:16] | Are you starting high school or prison? | 这是上高中还是去监狱劳改? |
[02:18] | Let me help you narrow it down. | 让我帮你缩小一下范围 |
[02:23] | Thanks! | 谢谢! |
[02:26] | Good morning! | 早上好! |
[02:28] | I was wondering if you have any tips | 我想问一下 你知不知道 |
[02:30] | for getting pureed carrots out of linen? | 怎么弄掉亚麻布衣服上的胡萝卜泥? |
[02:32] | Maybe finish chewing before you talk. | 吃完再说话大概有用 |
[02:34] | They’re from Maria. | 这是玛丽亚弄的 |
[02:36] | When it comes to food, | 只要看到吃的 |
[02:37] | she’s more of a thrower than an eater. | 她就更喜欢把它们都丢出去 |
[02:39] | Mm, like a soccer pitcher. | 像个足球”投手” |
[02:40] | Eddie, you were supposed to be up 30 minutes ago. | 埃迪 你三十分钟前就该起床了 |
[02:42] | Did you sleep through your alarm again? | 闹钟又没叫醒你吗? |
[02:44] | Oh, I threw that garbage in the river. | 我把闹钟扔河里了 |
[02:46] | It’s so loud. | 那玩意儿太闹腾了 |
[02:47] | Anyways, I’m starving. | 我现在饿死了 |
[02:48] | Where those breakfast dogs at? | 早餐热狗放哪儿了? |
[02:51] | I wish Maria would eat like Eddie. | 要是玛丽亚像艾迪这么能吃就好了 |
[02:53] | Mealtime is always a battle. | 每次吃饭都像打仗一样 |
[02:55] | I mean, especially now that I have two kids to wrangle. | 更别说我有两个孩子 |
[02:57] | I wouldn’t know. | 我还真”不清楚” |
[02:58] | Because I have three. | 我只有三个孩子 |
[03:00] | Why don’t you trick her with a treat? | 为什么不用点花招呢? |
[03:02] | Tempt Maria with something she likes, | 用玛丽亚喜欢吃的东西吸引她 |
[03:04] | like strawberries, and then while she’s chewing, | 比如草莓 趁着她吃的时候 |
[03:06] | shove in a spoon full of beef. | 往嘴里塞一勺牛肉 |
[03:08] | Hmm… I don’t know… | 我不知道行不行 |
[03:09] | Trust me, it works. | 放心吧 很管用 |
[03:10] | I do it all the time with Eddie except in reverse. | 我一直对艾迪用这招让他吃东西 |
[03:13] | Watch this. | 看好了 |
[03:16] | Thanks, Ma. | 谢谢老妈 |
[03:17] | See? Now he eats fruit. | 看 现在他吃水果了 |
[03:19] | Guess who made the front page of the paper? | 猜猜谁上了报纸的头版? |
[03:21] | Our girl Brandi! | 我们的布兰迪姑娘! |
[03:25] | Nope! | 不要! |
[03:28] | What’s up with Evan? | 埃文怎么回事? |
[03:28] | He just ran off without checking the DOW. | 他没看道琼斯平均指数就走了 |
[03:31] | Oh, I know. | 我知道了 |
[03:32] | Brandi Chastain in a sports bra. | 布兰迪·查斯汀穿着运动内衣 |
[03:34] | The way he acted at last night’s game. | 昨天埃文看到这儿也跑掉了 |
[03:37] | Evan’s got his first case of “the tingles”. | 埃文有了第一次的”萌动” |
[03:40] | “The tingles”? | “萌动”? |
[03:41] | You know, little Evan is finally talking to big Evan. | 你懂的 男孩埃文要变成男人埃文了 |
[03:47] | I… I have gotta… I have… | 我… 我得去… 我得… |
[03:53] | Well, it’s sooner than we thought, | 比我想象得要早 |
[03:55] | but I guess it’s time to give Evan | 但是是时候跟埃文 |
[03:56] | my patented talk, “The Talk”. | 来一次特殊谈话了 性教育谈话 |
[03:58] | Good. Have fun. | 很好 祝你们玩得开心 |
[03:59] | Everything waist-down is your territory. | 腰部以下是你的专属领域 |
[04:01] | I made that very clear in our vows. | 这在婚礼誓言里说得很清楚 |
[04:07] | Do you still have that “Flowers and Watering Cans” book lying around somewhere? | 你还能找到《花和洒水壶》那本书吗? |
[04:10] | You mean the “birds and the bees” book | 你是说校长亨特给我的 |
[04:12] | that principal Hunter gave me? | 那本性启蒙书吗? |
[04:13] | Yeah, it’s for Evan’s “Tingle talk”. | 嗯 埃文的性教育谈话要用到 |
[04:15] | I’m going to pretend like I’m going to read from it, | 我要假装用书里的内容教育他 |
[04:16] | then discard it in dramatic fashion. | 然后戏剧般地把书给扔掉 |
[04:19] | You know, open with a “Wow”. | 来一个华丽丽的开场 |
[04:20] | Wait. | 待会儿 |
[04:22] | You’re going to give him the exact same talk you gave me? | 你想给他一个跟我一样的谈话? |
[04:25] | Do you remember that talk? | 你还记得你跟我谈了些什么吗? |
[04:27] | Half the reason I came to this country | 我来美国的一半原因是 |
[04:29] | is so you could have lots of sex. | 为了让你有更多的性经历 |
[04:32] | Stay away from Arkansas, | 不要去阿肯色州 |
[04:33] | they outlawed all the fun stuff… | 他们禁止了很多好玩的东西 |
[04:34] | If you pretend like you have a bad back, | 你假装腰不好 |
[04:37] | you don’t have to do so much work. | 就能少干很多活 |
[04:39] | You can’t give Evan that talk. | 你不能这么跟埃文谈 |
[04:41] | Why? It was a great talk. | 为啥 跟你的谈话就很成功 |
[04:43] | Oh, it was the best talk. You killed it. | 是很成功 而且棒极了 |
[04:44] | But Evan’s not chill like me. | 但是埃文不像我这么潮流 |
[04:47] | He’s an innocent little dove. | 他是个纯洁的小天使 |
[04:48] | If you come at him like that, his head might explode. | 如果你跟他谈这些 他脑子可能会炸 |
[04:51] | Hmm. Okay, point taken. | 好吧 我懂你的意思了 |
[04:53] | I’ll make some adjustments. | 我会做些调整 |
[04:54] | You know, Evan it up. | 让谈话更”埃文”一些 |
[04:55] | I don’t know. | 不好说 |
[04:57] | You’re going to make it weird for him. | 你会让他感觉很奇怪的 |
[04:58] | Maybe I should do it. | 也许应该让我去说 |
[05:00] | Evan looks up to me. | 埃文一向以我为榜样 |
[05:01] | I’m kinda like his father figure. | 我有点像他父亲的样子 |
[05:03] | What? | 啥? |
[05:04] | No. I’m his father figure. | 不 我才是他父亲的样子 |
[05:05] | You’re barely a son figure. | 你都没个儿子的样子 |
[05:06] | Oh, God, I didn’t mean that. | 哦 天啊 我不是那个意思 |
[05:07] | You’re a great son. | 你是个好儿子 |
[05:08] | It’s just… it’s my job, stay out of it. | 只是 那是我的职责 你别管了 |
[05:12] | Really. You’re great. | 真的 你很好 |
[05:13] | Solid son. | 是个可靠的儿子 |
[05:17] | Notice anything? | 发现了吗? |
[05:19] | Yes. Everything. | 嗯 发现了 |
[05:21] | What? | 发现啥? |
[05:21] | No stains! | 干干净净! |
[05:23] | I tricked Maria using a treat, | 我用她喜欢的东西哄住了玛丽亚 |
[05:24] | and I got her to eat a few bites of chicken. | 终于让她吃了几口鸡肉下去 |
[05:25] | Your advice was great! | 你的建议真是太好了! |
[05:27] | Well, water is wet. | 嘛 这就跟水本性湿 |
[05:28] | I am beautiful. | 我本貌美一样 |
[05:30] | Are we just playing a game | 我们是要把这些 |
[05:31] | in which we say things we already know? | 显而易见的事实都说出来吗? |
[05:33] | Well, thank you. | 总之 多谢你了 |
[05:34] | I owe you one. | 我欠你个人情 |
[05:39] | Is that your mother-in-law? What did she say? | 那是你婆婆吗 她说的是啥? |
[05:41] | Who knows. | 谁知道 |
[05:42] | She always yells across the house at me | 她总喜欢隔着一堆房门跟我喊 |
[05:43] | and then gets annoyed when I can’t understand her, | 我要听不明白她还会生气 |
[05:46] | and yells again. | 然后再喊一遍 |
[05:47] | It makes it so hard to ignore her twice. | 可要连续无视她两次就很难了 |
[05:53] | Two more yells | 她再喊俩嗓子 |
[05:53] | until the stray dogs start barking back. | 街上的流浪狗就会吼回来了 |
[05:56] | Still better than my father-in-law, | 总比我公公强 |
[05:58] | the gesticulator. | 他是手势狂魔 |
[06:00] | He’s like one of those, like, inflatable tube men | 就像那种 怎么说 洗车场那摆着的 |
[06:02] | at the car wash. | 充气筒子人 |
[06:03] | Except a tube man wouldn’t punch through | 但是充气筒子人可不会一拳打穿 |
[06:05] | the last self-portrait your Nana ever painted. | 你外婆画的最后一幅自画像 |
[06:08] | Should I take Yearbook or Drama or German? | 我到底应该上年鉴课还是戏剧还是德语? |
[06:12] | “Ask again later”?! | “等会再问”?! |
[06:14] | Uh… is Emery okay? | 埃默里没事儿吧? |
[06:16] | He’s still trying to choose an elective. | 他还在纠结选哪门选修课呢 |
[06:17] | I hope he figures it out soon | 我希望他能快点做决定 |
[06:19] | because I can’t study with all these interruptions. | 这么多干扰下我没法专心学习 |
[06:33] | Where you going, nerd?! | 你要去哪 书呆子? |
[06:34] | Sorry, it just rolls off the tongue at this point. | 不好意思 我刚说秃噜嘴了 |
[06:37] | These are my props for “The Talk”. | 这是我”重要谈话”要用的装备 |
[06:39] | I thought about what you said | 你说的话我仔细想过了 |
[06:40] | and realized that Evan’s more of a visual learner. | 然后我又想起 埃文是个视觉型学习者 |
[06:43] | – Is that a… – A conch shell I painted hair on? | – 那是… – 一个被我画满了毛发的海螺壳 |
[06:45] | You bet your ass it is. | 你丫猜得没错 |
[06:47] | Okay, I really think all this | 那啥 我真的觉得这些东西 |
[06:48] | is just gonna confuse Evan. | 只会让埃文更一头雾水 |
[06:50] | Come on, Eddie. | 拜托 埃迪 |
[06:50] | I thought you were supposed to be chill. | 我还以为你是个镇定自若的人呢 |
[06:52] | Relax, I got this. | 放松点 我能解决 |
[06:59] | Evan? | 埃文? |
[07:00] | Yes, Papa? | 什么事鸭 爸爸? |
[07:10] | Oh. Nothing. | 没事了 |
[07:18] | I couldn’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[07:18] | I don’t know what happened! I choked! | 我也不知道为啥 我梗住了 |
[07:21] | Don’t worry, Pops. | 莫慌 老爹 |
[07:24] | Eddie’s got this. | 我来搞定 |
[07:29] | Yo, Evan. Listen up. | 哟 埃文 听我说 |
[07:31] | Yes, Brother? | 什么事鸭 哥哥? |
[07:46] | Has he always been this adorable? | 他看起来一直都是这么天真可爱的吗? |
[07:48] | He had one bad Saturday a couple years ago. | 除了多年前的一个周六炸过一次毛 |
[07:51] | Other than that, yup. | 其他时候 皆是如此 |
[07:57] | Afternoon, Mother! | 下午好啊 妈妈 |
[07:58] | Well, you’re in a better mood today. | 你今天心情不错嘛 |
[08:00] | That I am! | 没错! |
[08:01] | Why are you shouting? | 你喊那么大声干嘛? |
[08:02] | I’m “Projecting”. | 我是在”胸腔发音” |
[08:04] | It’s a technique actors use to be heard across the room. | 这是演员们为了让自己的声音穿透房间而使用的一种技巧 |
[08:07] | I’m not following. | 我没听懂 |
[08:08] | I talked to Honey, | 我和蜜儿聊了下 |
[08:09] | and she helped me pick an elective… Drama! | 她帮我选出了一门选修 戏剧课! |
[08:13] | She did what?!! | 她干了啥?!! |
[08:14] | Now you’re projecting! | 现在你也在胸腔发音哦 |
[08:16] | Did you take Drama, too? | 你也上过戏剧课吗? |
[08:23] | You! | 你! |
[08:24] | What did you say to him?! | 你到底跟他说了什么 |
[08:26] | Emery said that after he talked to you, | 埃默里说他和你聊过之后 |
[08:29] | he signed up for Drama! | 他决定去上戏剧课了! |
[08:30] | Oh, good! I’m glad he finally picked something. | 太好了 我很高兴他终于定下来了 |
[08:32] | No. Drama is a garbage elective. | 高兴个锤子 戏剧课有个鸟用 |
[08:35] | I… I thought you just wanted him to choose? | 我… 我以为你只是想让他尽快作决定 |
[08:37] | Well, I didn’t think he would choose something so useless. | 我没想到他居然选了这么个没用的课 |
[08:40] | That’s right up there with Spanish or CPR Training. | 不是还有西班牙语或者CPR培训之类的课可选吗 |
[08:43] | Jessica, I know how you feel about the arts, | 杰西卡 我知道你对艺术类课程观感不好 |
[08:45] | but there are aspects of Drama | 但是戏剧课里有很多东西 |
[08:46] | I think really could help Emery… | 我觉得对埃默里会的有好处 |
[08:47] | What exactly did you say to him? | 你到底对他说啥了 |
[08:50] | That it would be “Fun”? | 会很”有趣”? |
[08:51] | Help him utilize his “Imagination”? | 有助于他发挥”想象力”? |
[08:54] | Get in touch with his “Feelings”? | 让他更明白自己”心底的感觉”? |
[08:57] | Why are you using air quotes? | 你为什么要用空气引号? |
[08:58] | Those are real words. | 那些词又没什么不对 |
[08:59] | Are they, “Honey”? | 是不是 “蜜儿”? |
[09:03] | Look, Emery was stressed about his electives, | 听着 选修课的事让埃默里倍感压力 |
[09:05] | and it was obviously stressing you out, too. | 而你显然也为此抓狂了 |
[09:09] | And you had been so helpful with Maria, | 玛丽亚的事情你帮了很大一个忙 |
[09:10] | I just wanted to repay the favor. | 我只是想报答一下你 |
[09:12] | Well, if you want to do me a favor, | 是吗 如果你要报答我 |
[09:14] | just stay in your lane. | 就别多管闲事 |
[09:15] | Really? | 是吗 |
[09:16] | Because you never stay in your lane. | 我看你倒很经常管闲事 |
[09:19] | Name one time I haven’t. | 有本事举例啊 |
[09:21] | How about the time you threw out all of my Shania CDs | 有一回你把我所有仙妮亚的音乐碟都扔了 |
[09:23] | because you said country-pop wasn’t a real thing? | 就因为你觉得根本没有乡村流行乐这个东西? |
[09:26] | Or the time you tried to have my first name changed? | 还有一次 你想让我把名字改了? |
[09:28] | Or the time you casually suggested | 再来是 你有次突然很随意地说 |
[09:30] | I would be happier with a younger man? | 我要是和一个更年轻的男人结婚会更幸福? |
[09:32] | Casually? I gave you Eddie’s basketball coach’s number. | 哪里随意 我可是把艾迪篮球教练的号码都给你了 |
[09:35] | Look, as misguided as that was, | 听着 别扯远了 |
[09:37] | I knew you were just looking out for me. | 我知道你只是为了我好 |
[09:39] | That’s what good friends do. | 好朋友就是这样的 |
[09:40] | You see a chance to help and you do it. | 你有机会帮一把就会帮 |
[09:42] | You don’t ask for permission. | 不会还特意去问 |
[09:43] | Oh, so we don’t have to ask for permission | 所以我们现在都不用先问过对方要不要 |
[09:45] | to help each other? | 就能直接帮了? |
[09:46] | Good, because there have been | 太好了 因为我之前 |
[09:47] | so many times I wanted to help you, | 有好几次我都想帮你忙 |
[09:49] | but I held back. | 但我克制住了自己 |
[09:50] | This has been you holding back? | 这还是你克制住了的结果? |
[09:52] | Well, I can’t help you with everything, Honey. | 当然 我不可能事事都帮你的 蜜儿 |
[09:56] | Okay. | 行呗 |
[09:57] | Okay, well, if you think I need help, | 行啊 那如果你觉得我需要帮助 |
[09:58] | then by all means, don’t hold back. | 可千万别压抑自己 |
[09:59] | You shouldn’t. | 你也别压抑着 |
[10:00] | Neither should you. | 你也不应该 |
[10:02] | No more lanes. | 不要有束缚了 |
[10:04] | Because we’re such good friends. | 因为我们是如此好的朋友 |
[10:06] | The best. | 最好的朋友 |
[10:10] | This headband is wrong for you… friend. | 这个头带不适合你… 朋友 |
[10:14] | It draws attention to your weird hairline. | 会让别人注意到你奇怪的发际线的 |
[10:17] | Thank you… friend. | 谢谢你… 朋友 |
[10:19] | And now let me help you. | 现在让我帮助你吧 |
[10:20] | This necklace is ugly, | 这条项链真丑 |
[10:22] | and it highlights your oversized clavicles. | 让你过大的锁骨更明显了 |
[10:32] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[10:33] | Evan is an innocent little dove. | 埃文就是个无辜的小天使 |
[10:34] | I can’t see him as anything | 除了和比尼玩偶玩的小男孩 |
[10:36] | but the little boy who plays with Beanie Babies. | 我无法把他当成任何别的人 |
[10:38] | And where did that cute puppy night-light come from? | 而且那个可爱的狗狗夜灯是哪来的? |
[10:41] | Innocent Boys ‘R’ Us? | 纯真的男孩反斗城? |
[10:42] | Billion-dollar idea but try to stay focused. | 想法很值钱但我们需要集中注意力 |
[10:45] | “The Talk” Is going to be harder than I thought. | “谈话”比我想象的要更艰难 |
[10:47] | I don’t think I can go back in by myself. | 我不觉得我能自己进去 |
[10:49] | Maybe we could team up. | 也许我们可以组队 |
[10:51] | Two heads are always better than one. | 两个脑袋总比一个聪明 |
[10:53] | K-Ci is nothing without JoJo. | K-Ci没有JoJo什么都不是 |
[10:55] | No idea who they are, | 我不知道他们是谁 |
[10:57] | but based on context, yes, good plan. | 但是基于现在的情况 是个好主意 |
[10:59] | We flank Evan from both sides, | 我们从埃文两侧夹击 |
[11:01] | and we turn the last Huang boy into a Huang man. | 然后把最后一个黄家男孩变成黄家男人 |
[11:04] | So weird, but okay. | 好奇怪 但是好吧 |
[11:08] | Evan,we need to talk to you about something. | 埃文 我们需要跟你谈一点事 |
[11:11] | Oh no. There’s a hole in the foot of my jammies. | 噢不 我的睡衣上面有个洞 |
[11:13] | Hello, Ernie The Toe! | 嗨 欧尼小脚趾 |
[11:18] | We can’t talk to him on an empty stomach. Hmm. | 我们不能饿着肚子跟他谈 |
[11:21] | What are we? People who don’t need to eat? | 我们是什么?人是铁饭是钢 |
[11:22] | Thank you. We just need to get the exact words down on paper. | 谢谢 我们只是需要把要说的事写在纸上 |
[11:26] | After that, we talk to Evan. | 然后我们再跟埃文谈 |
[11:27] | Yeah. We’re not scared! | 是的 我们不害怕 |
[11:31] | But… | 但是… |
[11:33] | maybe we should clear our heads first | 也许我们需要先清空一下大脑 |
[11:34] | 20 showing of “The Sixth Sense.” | 八点上映”第六感” |
[11:36] | Yes, smart. | 聪明 |
[11:37] | We follow that up with “Notting Hill” At 10:15, | 然后我们10点15继续看”诺丁山” |
[11:40] | then we buckle down. | 然后我们出发回家 |
[11:46] | Okay… | 好的 |
[11:48] | Okay, little Liza, your bottle is almost ready… | 好的小丽萨 你的小瓶子准备好了 |
[11:51] | Gosh, Honey, juggling two kids looks hard. | 天呐 哈尼 耍两个娃看起来很难 |
[11:54] | As your friend, I thought | 作为你的朋友 我觉得 |
[11:55] | keeping one occupied with a fun toy might help… | 让一个孩子一直玩玩具可能会有帮助 |
[12:02] | …to stimulate her mind. | …以激发它们的大脑 |
[12:03] | Since she’s not walking yet. | 因为她还不会走路 |
[12:12] | Oh, good, you’re up. | 太好了 你起来了 |
[12:13] | Since you’re having a hard time with Eddie oversleeping, | 既然你说过埃迪总是睡懒觉让你很恼火 |
[12:16] | as a friend, | 作为朋友 |
[12:17] | I thought I’d lend a helping hand | 我觉得我可以帮上忙 |
[12:18] | in the form of a military wake up. | 用军队叫早的方式 |
[12:20] | Anybody in the mood for some “Hello Dolly”? | 有人想听”你好多莉”吗 |
[12:28] | Ow! | 噢! |
[12:30] | hurt like a | 好**疼 |
[12:31] | I know. Your house, it’s a mess. | 我知道 你的房子太乱了 |
[12:33] | You’ve been so preoccupied with the kids | 孩子占了太多地方了 |
[12:35] | that you’ve let everything slide. | 你就让东西到处滑 |
[12:38] | That’s why I thought I would help | 所以我觉得我能帮上忙 |
[12:40] | by inviting your in-laws to stay. | 就邀请了你公公婆婆来住 |
[12:42] | Can’t hurt to have an extra set of gesticulating hands. | 多一对晃来晃去的手总是好的 |
[12:46] | What? You… | 什么?你… |
[12:48] | You invited Mervin and Candy? | 你邀请了马尔文和坎迪? |
[12:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:51] | I love what you’ve done with the place. | 我喜欢你的装修 |
[12:53] | It’s so open and… | 看上去很宽敞并且… |
[12:56] | It fell. | 掉了呢 |
[12:57] | Ohh. Honey, that is not childproof. | 蜜儿啊 那对孩子有点危险 |
[13:00] | Thanks, Candy. | 谢谢你 坎迪 |
[13:03] | My hairline is gorgeous. | 我的发际线很美 |
[13:08] | Where’s Dad’s pomade? | 爸爸的润发油呢? |
[13:09] | I’m playing Danny Zuko in “Grease”! | 我在玩”擦油”里面的丹尼祖库 |
[13:11] | It’s electrifying! | 太刺激了 |
[13:15] | We have the house surrounded! | 我们的房子被包围了! |
[13:17] | Come out with your hands up! | 出来举手投降! |
[13:21] | I got your mother-in-law a megaphone. | 我给你婆婆买了个大喇叭 |
[13:23] | Now you don’t have to worry about Jenny yelling | 现在你不必担心珍妮大喊大叫 |
[13:25] | and not understanding her. | 但听不懂她说什么了 |
[13:27] | Did you like my joke? | 你喜欢我的笑话吗? |
[13:28] | It was me. | 那是我 |
[13:29] | I was the police. | 我是那个警察 |
[13:33] | In conclusion, | 总之 |
[13:34] | there are religious, social, and cultural reasons | 对于流程有宗教 社会 |
[13:37] | for the procedure, | 和文化因素 |
[13:38] | but as far as how it affects sensitivity, | 但关于怎么影响感官的 |
[13:40] | the jury’s still out on that one. | 法官还无法定夺 |
[13:42] | Okay, so, getting to first base means kissing. | 好吧 上一垒等于接吻 |
[13:45] | Second base… | 二垒… |
[13:46] | You don’t want to know what second base was like in the Navy. | 你不会想知道海军的二垒是指什么的 |
[13:49] | Ours was based on naval bases, not baseball bases. | 我们的垒是海军垒不是棒球垒 |
[13:52] | You know, I almost got to Pearl Harbor | 你知道的 我差点和船长的女儿 |
[13:54] | with the Captain’s daughter. | 去了珍珠港 |
[13:58] | I sorta get the conch shell, but why the tongs? | 我懂贝壳啥意思了 但为什么会有夹子? |
[14:01] | Oh, I was just returning those to the restaurant. | 我要把那些还回餐厅的 |
[14:03] | You know, guys, the problem with your talk | 你知道的伙计们 你们谈话的问题在于 |
[14:05] | is there’s too much talk. | 是谈太多了 |
[14:07] | You’re gonna lose Evan. | 你们会失去埃文的 |
[14:08] | Now, when my old man did it, he just used hand gestures. | 现在 我爹直接用手势就能做这件事 |
[14:15] | Boom. Facts of life. | 生活的真理 |
[14:17] | Why do you and your dad look like brothers? | 为什么你和你爸看起来像兄弟? |
[14:20] | Oh, well, that’s the way it works in the Ellis family. | 是的 埃利斯家族都这样 |
[14:22] | You know, by the time we’re 25, | 我们二十五岁的时候 |
[14:24] | we look like we’re old men, | 我们长得就像自己老爸了 |
[14:25] | and then we just coast the next 70 years. | 接下来七十年就都长这样了 |
[14:28] | It’s the curse that keeps on blessing. | 既是好事又是坏事 |
[14:29] | I’ve had crow’s feet since I was in college. | 我上大学就有鱼尾纹了 |
[14:34] | I’m just thankful my sisters gave me the talk | 我只是感谢是我姐姐和我聊的 |
[14:37] | because I’m not following any of this. | 因为他们讲的我完全听不懂 |
[14:39] | Trent, you beautiful red beast! | 特伦特 你太聪明了! |
[14:41] | That’s brilliant! | 太棒了! |
[14:42] | Maybe what we need is a woman’s perspective. | 也许我们需要的就是女人的视角 |
[14:45] | And that’s how you pleasure a woman. | 这就是你该如何取悦一个女人 |
[14:47] | Emotionally and sexually. | 情感和身体上的 |
[14:50] | I don’t feel comfortable saying any of that to Evan. | 我觉得和埃文说这些我会很不舒服的 |
[14:53] | I should have taken notes. | 我该记笔记的 |
[14:55] | I’m just trying to erase the visuals. | 我只是想去除视觉效果 |
[14:57] | And the sound effects were totally unnecessary. | 声音效果完全不必要 |
[14:59] | We’re worse off than when we started. | 我们开始的时候更糟 |
[15:01] | Maybe we have to rethink the talk altogether. | 也许我们需要一起重新想一下 |
[15:04] | Yeah, and why are we rushing into things? | 使得 为什么我们这么着急呢? |
[15:06] | Evan’s still young. So young. | 埃文还小 太小了 |
[15:08] | Just a lamb, really. | 就是个小羊羔 真的 |
[15:09] | Yeah, we’ve got plenty of time. | 是的 我们有的是时间 |
[15:11] | Grandma, do you mind if I store my Beanie Babies in here? | 奶奶 你介意我把比尼宝贝放在你这吗? |
[15:14] | I’m reaching an age where I need some privacy. | 我到了需要一些隐私的年龄了 |
[15:16] | – You do it! – No, you do it! | – 你来 – 不 你来 |
[15:17] | – I’ll do it! – No! No! | – 我来吧 – 不! 不要! |
[15:20] | Evan, your dad and Eddie | 埃文 你爸爸和埃迪 |
[15:22] | need to have a little talk with you. | 需要跟你进行一些谈话 |
[15:24] | Not here, though. | 但不是在这儿谈 |
[15:25] | This is already too much family time for today. | 今天已经花很长时间在你们身上了 |
[15:31] | And they say you can’t reuse your maternity clothes. | 他们还说你不会再用到你的孕妇装了 |
[15:35] | I’m Sandy from “Grease.” | 我在演《油脂》里的桑迪 |
[15:37] | I came over to help Emery run lines. | 我过来帮埃默里对词 |
[15:39] | Why do you look like a low-rent “Pretty Woman”? | 为啥你看起来像低配版的《风月俏佳人》? |
[15:42] | Oh, I just bought a few dozen turtlenecks | 我刚买了几件高领毛衣 |
[15:45] | to help you with your clavicle problem. | 来帮你保护你的锁骨 |
[15:50] | What do you think of my costume? | 我的服装怎么样? |
[15:51] | I just need help sewing the Rydell “R” On my sweater. | 我想请你帮我把瑞狄尔的 R 缝在毛衣上 |
[15:54] | – I’ll help you. – No, I’ll help you. | – 我来帮你 – 不 我来帮你 |
[16:03] | My Danny Zuko letterman sweater! | 我丹尼·祖克的毛衣! |
[16:07] | Thanks, Honey. | 谢了 蜜儿 |
[16:07] | You wanted some drama in his life, now you have it! | 你希望他的生活更戏剧化 这回好了叭 |
[16:11] | Hello! I have a megaphone! | 大家好! 我有个扩音器! |
[16:15] | Can you hear me? | 能听见我妈? |
[16:18] | Look at what you did! | 看看你都做了什么! |
[16:20] | Me? Look at what you did! | 我? 看看你都做了啥! |
[16:22] | I came over here to help. As a friend. | 我是来帮忙的 以一个朋友的身份来的 |
[16:24] | Well, maybe we’re the type of friends who work best | 或许我们之间最好的状态就是 |
[16:26] | when we don’t help each other with anything! | 别帮对方任何忙 |
[16:28] | That is not what friends do. | 朋友之间不会那么做 |
[16:29] | – Well, then maybe we’re not friends! – Maybe we’re not! | – 或许我们不是朋友! – 或许不是! |
[16:34] | Here. I’d lend you my sewing machine to fix Emery’s sweater, | 给你 我想借你个缝纫机给埃默里缝毛衣的 |
[16:37] | but, sadly, that’s a thing only friends do. | 但是 那是只有朋友才会做的事 |
[16:39] | That’s fine. I already have two sewing machines of my own. | 没关系 我已经有两台缝纫机了 |
[16:49] | So, um… that’s it… | 就这些… |
[16:52] | That’s how it all works. | 就是这样的 |
[16:54] | Do you… have any questions? | 你… 还有问题吗? |
[16:57] | Not really, | 没有了 |
[16:58] | I actually know all of that already. | 我其实已经知道这些了 |
[17:00] | You do? | 你知道了? |
[17:01] | Then why’d you let Dad take out the shell? | 那你为啥还让老爸把贝壳拿出来? |
[17:03] | I was confused of what was going on inside of me, | 我很好奇我自身的变化 |
[17:05] | so I went to the library and microfiched like a fool. | 所以我去了图书馆像傻子一样看了缩微胶片 |
[17:09] | Okay, good, but, um, if you ever need to talk, | 好 但是如果你需要找人聊 |
[17:12] | you could always come to me. | 永远可以来找我 |
[17:13] | – Or me. – Or… both of us. | – 或者我 – 或者我们俩 |
[17:16] | And if you guys ever need to talk, | 如果你俩需要找人聊 |
[17:18] | I’m here, too. | 我也在 |
[17:19] | At the library, I learned Dad’s at the age | 在图书馆 我看到了在老爸这个年纪 |
[17:21] | where his man parts start failing | 他的男性特点开始弱化 |
[17:23] | and Eddie’s a year away from his sexual peak. | 而埃迪还差一年就到了性趣高点 |
[17:27] | Apparently, it’s all downhill from there. | 很显然 之后的日子就开始走下坡路了 |
[17:31] | Okay, off you go. | 好了 你们走吧 |
[17:43] | Hola, mi amor. | 你好 我的爱人 |
[17:46] | Why? | 干啥? |
[17:46] | Do I and my perfectly functional man parts | 我作为一个男性功能完美的男人 |
[17:49] | need an excuse to spend some alone time with my wife? | 和我的妻子享受一些私人时间还需要理由吗? |
[17:52] | Can we table whatever it is you’re going through right now? | 我们能先放一放你的事儿吗? |
[17:54] | Honey is trying to turn Emery into a homeless. | 蜜儿想要让埃默里变成个流浪汉 |
[17:57] | By encouraging him to take Drama? | 就因为鼓励他学戏剧吗? |
[17:59] | That’s how it starts. | 这只是个开始 |
[18:01] | She says she’s helping me as a friend, | 她说她是作为一个朋友帮我 |
[18:03] | but all she’s doing is overstepping. | 但她做的事就是多管闲事 |
[18:06] | Do you know how it feels to be around somebody so pushy? | 你知道旁边有个很强势的人是啥感觉吗? |
[18:09] | I just don’t see how Honey thinks that she can help me. | 我只是不知道蜜儿为啥觉得她可以帮到我 |
[18:13] | Well, maybe you’re just underestimating her. | 或许你可能低估她了 |
[18:16] | You’re used to your relationship being one way | 你习惯了你和别人的相处模式 |
[18:19] | and now it’s changing. | 但现在这个模式变了 |
[18:20] | It’s like that time I gave Evan “The Talk”. | 就像那次我和埃文的“谈话” |
[18:22] | – You mean just now? – Yes. | – 你是说刚才吗? – 对 |
[18:24] | – Did he already know everything? – Yes. | – 他已经都知道了? – 对 |
[18:26] | – Did he teach you stuff, too? – Yes. | – 他还教了你点东西? – 对 |
[18:30] | You know, I always figured that being his father | 我一直以为作为他的父亲 |
[18:33] | automatically made me the teacher. | 我自然也是他的老师 |
[18:34] | But I’m realizing that he’ll teach me things, too, | 但是我意识到他也会教我些东西 |
[18:37] | because he’s going through big life changes. | 因为他的人生有很大的变化 |
[18:40] | And so is Honey. | 蜜儿也是如此 |
[18:41] | It only makes sense | 只有这样 |
[18:42] | that your relationship would evolve. | 你们的关系才会进化 |
[18:45] | So, back to my man parts, | 回到我的雄性部分 |
[18:47] | which I said are fully functional. | 我说过是完全正常运转的 |
[18:49] | And have a can-do attitude. | 而且有能够做到的态度 |
[18:54] | Great, Louis. | 很好 路易斯 |
[18:54] | See you in the bedroom. | 卧室见 |
[19:03] | Honey, I need your sewing machine. | 蜜儿 我需要你的缝纫机 |
[19:14] | Hey, let me help you. | 让我来帮你吧 |
[19:15] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[19:17] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[19:18] | Here. | 这样 |
[19:20] | You know, I have to say, | 我必须得承认 |
[19:22] | the blocks you brought over | 你带来的玩具方块 |
[19:23] | did keep Maria distracted while I fed Liza. | 的确能让我在喂丽莎的时候分散玛丽亚的注意力 |
[19:26] | And Marvin’s bugle worked. | 马尔文的军号很有用 |
[19:28] | Eddie’s so afraid of hearing it again, | 埃迪很害怕再听到它 |
[19:30] | now he gets up even earlier. | 所以现在他起的更早了 |
[19:33] | Well, what about Jenny’s megaphone? | 珍妮的扩音器呢? |
[19:35] | I threw that garbage in the river. | 我把那垃圾扔河里了 |
[19:39] | Honey, this may come as a surprise to you, | 蜜儿 这可能会让你吃惊 |
[19:42] | but I’m not very good at accepting help. | 但我不是很擅长接受帮助 |
[19:46] | Mostly because I never need it. | 大部分原因是我从不需要 |
[19:48] | Never? | 从不? |
[19:49] | I’m just so used to being able to give you advice | 我只是很习惯给你建议 |
[19:52] | and you just taking it. | 然后你接受建议 |
[19:54] | But now that you have two kids of your own… | 但现在你有两个孩子了 |
[19:56] | Which is still one less than three… | 仍然比三个还少一个 |
[19:58] | I guess you’ll have advice to give me, too, sometimes. | 我想有时候你也会给我建议 |
[20:02] | So… can we be friends again? | 那… 我们能再成为朋友吗? |
[20:05] | Yes. | 当然 |
[20:07] | Just know that 98% of the time, I won’t need any help. | 只是要知道98%的时间里 我不需要帮助 |
[20:11] | Well, I’ll be there for that 2%. | 我会在剩下的那2%帮你 |
[20:17] | Good as new. | 像新的一样 |
[20:18] | Thank you, Honey. | 谢谢你 蜜儿 |
[20:20] | Emery’s been a lot happier since he started Drama-ing. | 自从埃默里学习戏剧 他比以前开心多了 |
[20:23] | You know who else took high school drama? | 你知道还有谁在高中选修了戏剧吗? |
[20:25] | Bill Clinton. | 比尔·克林顿 |
[20:27] | – No. – Yeah. | – 不是吧 – 是的 |
[20:28] | And Richard Nixon. | 还有理查德·尼克松 |
[20:31] | Well, if it’s good enough for Tricky Dick, | 如果狡猾的迪克都觉得它好 |
[20:33] | it’s good enough for Emery. | 那对埃默里来说也足够好了 |
[20:40] | I owe you guys an apology. | 我欠你们大伙儿一个道歉 |
[20:42] | I shut you out because I was avoiding having a conversation | 我不理你们是因为我在回避 |
[20:45] | I wasn’t mature enough to have yet. | 一段对我来说太过成熟的对话 |
[20:48] | But if I’m really going to be a man, | 但是如果我真的要变成一个男人 |
[20:50] | I’m gonna have to start acting like one. | 我就得开始表现得像个男人 |
[20:52] | So, let’s talk. | 所以 我们聊聊吧 |
[20:55] | When a Beanie Baby reaches a certain age… | 当一个豆豆布偶到了一定的年龄 |
[21:01] | Oh, god, have you guys always been this cute? | 天啊 你们一直这么可爱吗? |
[21:04] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[21:05] | Grandma, you’re up. | 奶奶 你来吧 |
[21:09] | Evan, you’re gonna want to take a walk. | 埃文 你出去吧 |
[21:15] | I’m sorry, Brandi. | 对不起 布兰迪 |
[21:17] | All right, first base… | 好了 一垒… |