时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Y’know, because we’ve been together for 3 months. | 我们在一起三个月了嘛 |
[00:04] | It’s been 6. | 是六个月 |
[00:05] | But I’m glad we feel the same way about anniversaries. | 但我很高兴 我俩对纪念日看法一致 |
[00:08] | – Lame. – Lame. | – 无聊 – 无聊 |
[00:09] | So can I get that Ho-Ho back or…? | 那我能要回我的巧克力卷吗 还是…? |
[00:14] | 6 months of vdating. | 约会了整整六个月 |
[00:16] | That beats my record by… | 破了我的记录… |
[00:18] | 6 months. | 比我长六个月 |
[00:18] | Your dad won’t stop raving about Tina at the restaurant. | 你爸在餐厅一直对蒂娜赞不绝口 |
[00:21] | I try to not let it affect my performance at work | 我试着不让这影响到我的工作表现 |
[00:23] | but it does. | 可还是影响到了 |
[00:25] | What does your mom think of Tina? | 你妈觉得蒂娜怎么样? |
[00:26] | Thankfully, they haven’t met yet. | 谢天谢地 她俩还没见过面 |
[00:27] | There’s no way they’d ever get along. | 她俩不可能处得来 |
[00:28] | They both have strong personalities. | 她们都很强势 |
[00:30] | I prefer a strong woman. | 我更喜欢女强人 |
[00:32] | Physically I mean. | 我指的是体力上的 |
[00:33] | Like she could lift a car off me after a real bad accident. | 比如 发生严重意外时 可以举起压在我身上的车辆 |
[00:36] | The only strong woman my mom likes | 我妈唯一喜欢的女强人是 |
[00:38] | is the singer Amy Grant. | 个叫艾米格兰特的歌手 |
[00:39] | And only because she can silence her on command. | 这只是因为那个女歌手随时可以让我妈安静下来 |
[00:41] | So what happens when they do meet? | 所以 要是她俩见面会怎么样? |
[00:42] | They won’t. | 她们不能见面 |
[00:43] | I can’t take the chance | 我不能冒这个险 |
[00:44] | my mom will ruin my relationship. | 我妈会毁了我俩的关系 |
[00:46] | She ruins everything I like… | 她毁掉了所有我喜欢的东西… |
[00:48] | Well, I’m off to see “Fight Club.” | 我去看《搏击俱乐部》了 |
[00:49] | No R-rated movies. | 不能看R级片 |
[00:50] | Besides I heard Brad Pitt’s character is imaginary. | 对了 我还听说布拉德皮特演的那个角色是主角想象出来的 |
[00:53] | That’s just lazy writing. | 编剧太懒了 |
[00:57] | Hey, where’s the creamy filling? | 奶油夹心哪去了? |
[00:59] | Oh, I took it. You don’t need it. | 我弄走了 你不用吃这个 |
[01:01] | Ma, what the hell did you do to my N.W.A. Shirt? | 妈 你对我的NWA T恤搞了什么鬼? |
[01:04] | N.W.A,全称Niggaz Wit Attitudes,是一支来自加州康普顿的嘻哈音乐团体, 由Ice Cube,MC Ren,Dr. Dre,DJ Yella,Eazy-E,Arabian Prince组成。 被认为是演绎了匪帮说唱(Gangsta Rap)的精华。 | |
[01:05] | 尊重 警察 | |
[01:07] | Yeah, my mom and Tina can never meet. | 我妈不能跟蒂娜见面 |
[01:30] | Working out some stress, Mommy? | 妈咪 在用锻炼缓解压力吗? |
[01:31] | I’m warming up for my new school administration class. | 我在为新的学校管理课程热身 |
[01:35] | Discipline. | 管纪律 |
[01:36] | Writing I’m a rightie, slapping I’m a leftie. | 我写字用右手 打耳光用左手 |
[01:38] | I hope it’s as rewarding as my new Drama class. | 我希望 你能像我上戏剧新课一样有所收获 |
[01:40] | We’re exploring our emotions. | 我们在探索自己的情感 |
[01:42] | I can cry on command. | 我随时可以哭出来 |
[01:43] | I think about tulips wilting! | 心里想着凋谢的郁金香就行 |
[01:45] | Speaking of emotions | 说起情感 |
[01:46] | Trent tells me you and Tina are going strong. | 特伦特跟我说你和蒂娜进展不错啊 |
[01:48] | Young love makes my heart skip a beat. | 年轻的爱情总是能让我心脏少跳一拍 |
[01:51] | I hope that’s what it is. | 我希望这就是我心跳不正常的缘故 |
[01:52] | Love? | 爱情? |
[01:54] | Please. | 别闹了 |
[01:54] | Me and Tina just bump into each other sometimes. | 我只是偶尔会碰上蒂娜 |
[01:56] | But, you know, I bump into a lot of people. | 可是 你知道的 我跟很多人都碰上过 |
[01:58] | Long limbs, narrow hallways, you do the math. | 长手长脚 走廊又很窄 你知道这咋回事啦 |
[02:01] | So, Evan, anything new with you? | 所以 埃文 你有什么新鲜事吗? |
[02:04] | Anybody? | 有人要分享吗? |
[02:05] | Big G? | 奶奶呢? |
[02:07] | Thank you for your interest, Edwin. | 谢谢你的关心 老埃 |
[02:08] | Grandma and I are going to explore | 奶奶和我要去探索 |
[02:10] | the ancient art of meditation. | 冥想这个古老的艺术 |
[02:12] | Ugh. Meditation is just an expensive way | 冥想只是花大钱 |
[02:14] | to cross your legs. | 去盘腿坐着而已 |
[02:15] | I’ve reached a point in my life | 我已经到达了一个人生阶段 |
[02:16] | where I would like to de-stress | 是时候放下压力 |
[02:18] | and enhance my self-awareness. | 增强我的自我感知了 |
[02:23] | Fascinating. | 听起来真棒 |
[02:24] | So we should continue talking about other people. | 我们应该继续聊聊其他人的近况 |
[02:27] | Dad, you’re a happening guy. | 爸 你总有很多故事 |
[02:28] | What’s new with you? | 你近来如何? |
[02:29] | Well, let’s see… | 我想想… |
[02:31] | Ooh, at the restaurant, we’re introducing… | 我们打算在餐厅引入… |
[02:35] | …new napkins. | …新的餐巾纸 |
[02:41] | Time to go. | 是时候出门了 |
[02:43] | See ya, Dad. Enjoy those napkins. | 再见 爸爸 好好享受那些餐巾纸吧 |
[02:45] | I will! Because that’s my thing. | 我会的! 这可是我喜欢的事儿 |
[02:50] | Napkins. | 餐巾纸 |
[02:53] | Hey, how about | 不如 |
[02:55] | instead of studying the French Revolution at your house | 我们不去你家复习法国革命 |
[02:58] | we can go to the mall | 我们去商场 |
[02:59] | and experience French culture at Au Bon Pain? | 在Au Bon Pain体验法国文化怎么样? |
[02:59] | Au Bon Pain是法语词,意思是“好吃的面包”,是一家连锁速食品牌, 总部位于美国波士顿,出售三明治、沙拉、汤品和咖啡等。 | |
[03:00] | You’re trying to get out of studying. | 你只是不想学习罢了 |
[03:02] | Je guilty. | 被你说中了 |
[03:04] | Tell you what. | 这么着吧 |
[03:06] | To mix it up, how about we study at your place this time? | 换个地方 这次去你家学习怎么样? |
[03:08] | Uh… uh, I wish we could | 我也想 |
[03:11] | but… my house is being fumigated. | 可是… 我家房子正在烟熏消毒 |
[03:13] | Again? | 又来? |
[03:14] | You said that last week. | 你上周就说过了 |
[03:15] | I was looking forward to finally meeting your mom. | 我还很期待终于能跟你妈妈见面了呢 |
[03:18] | Well, you’ve met my dad | 你见过我爸了 |
[03:19] | and he’s basically just my mom with shorter hair so… | 他头发长点就是我妈了 所以… |
[03:22] | You don’t want me to meet your mother, do you? | 你不想让我见你妈 是不是 |
[03:24] | I’d love nothing more! | 我当然想让你们见面! |
[03:25] | Alas, she’s… out of town. | 只是 她… 她出门了 |
[03:28] | Indefinitely. | 无限期出门 |
[03:29] | Eddie! | 埃迪! |
[03:32] | Isn’t that your mom over there? | 那不就是你妈吗? |
[03:34] | – Eddie! – Calling your name. | – 埃迪! – 叫着你的名字呢 |
[03:35] | A lot of ladies call my name. | 很多女生都会叫的我名字 |
[03:36] | You’ll have to get used to that. | 你得习惯一下 |
[03:37] | Eddie, hurry up! | 埃迪 快点儿! |
[03:39] | You’ve got to get home and clean your room. | 你得回家收拾房间 |
[03:41] | It smells like gym socks and ham! | 你房间闻起来就像运动完脱下的袜子还有火腿! |
[03:43] | You know what? | 对了 |
[03:44] | I forgot I’m supposed to let the fumigator in. | 我忘记我得回去给来消毒的人开门了 |
[03:46] | He takes it personally if I’m late. | 要是我迟到了 他会很生气的 |
[03:47] | Dude’s sensitive. Like a lot of fumigators are. | 那家伙可敏感了 很多干这行的都这样 |
[03:49] | I’ll call you later! | 我待会给你打电话哈! |
[03:54] | Each napkin has a different Orlando landmark. | 每张餐巾纸都印有不同的奥兰多地标 |
[03:57] | Look, it’s Lake Apopka. | 看 这张是阿波普卡湖 |
[03:59] | At one time, Florida’s most polluted lake. | 曾经可是弗罗里达州污染最严重的湖 |
[04:01] | Every napkin has a story. | 每张餐巾纸都有一个故事 |
[04:03] | Just like the spills they clean up. | 就像用来擦掉桌上洒落的东西一样 |
[04:05] | Beautiful. | 太美了 |
[04:12] | I hope you’re not a spy for the health department. | 我希望你不是卫生部门的间谍 |
[04:15] | Seriously, Evan got grounded for that. | 说真的 埃文因为做这个被禁足了 |
[04:17] | We’re learning about the hero’s journey for Drama class. | 我们戏剧课上学到了英雄的一生 |
[04:19] | I’m shadowing you for a character study. | 我在观察你来完成我的角色分析 |
[04:20] | Oh, good choice! | 明智之选! |
[04:21] | I’m always journeying like a hero. | 我一向活得像个英雄! |
[04:23] | Did I mention the new napkins? | 我跟你说过新餐巾纸没? |
[04:24] | Heck yeah you did! I’ve been thinking about them all day! | 你当然说过了! 我整天都想着这个呢! |
[04:27] | I love napkins! | 我爱死餐巾纸了! |
[04:29] | I’m sorry, Dad. | 爸 对不起 |
[04:30] | We haven’t had the class on fake enthusiasm yet. | 我还没学到假装热情 |
[04:33] | Oh. That’s alright. | 没事儿 |
[04:34] | Who am I kidding? Nobody cares about napkins. | 我在骗谁呢? 没人会在乎餐巾纸 |
[04:37] | I’m gonna collect the whole set! | 我要把一整套收集起来! |
[04:39] | I mean, I love this place | 我是很喜欢这个地方 |
[04:41] | but I’m feeling kind of restless. | 可我有点厌烦了 |
[04:43] | I just turned 40, Cattleman’s practically runs itself. | 我刚过四十岁 餐厅生意基本不用管 |
[04:46] | This may be my last chance | 也许是我最后一次 |
[04:48] | to roll the dice on something new. | 在新事物上赌一把的机会了 |
[04:49] | I get it. You’re looking for your “Call to adventure.” | 我懂 你在寻找属于你的”冒险的召唤” |
[04:52] | Last time I answered a call to adventure | 上次我回应冒险的召唤 |
[04:54] | my identity got stolen. | 我的身份证被偷了 |
[04:55] | Never give anyone your social. | 不要将你的社保卡给任何人 |
[04:57] | I want to find my next big thing | 我只想要找到下一件重要的事来做 |
[04:59] | but I just don’t know where to start. | 可我不知道要从哪里开始 |
[05:01] | What if you took an aptitude test? | 不如你做个能力测试? |
[05:02] | We took one for school, and guess what they said | 我们在学校做过 猜猜测试结果说 |
[05:04] | my personality was best suited for? | 我的性格最适合做什么? |
[05:06] | Acting! | 表演! |
[05:07] | – Really? – Yes! | – 真的? – 真的! |
[05:08] | And it only takes 20 minutes. | 而且只用花二十分钟 |
[05:10] | 45 if you’re Eddie. | 四十五分钟 如果你是埃迪的话 |
[05:11] | Let’s do it! | 那快给我测吧! |
[05:13] | Sorry, just looking for… | 抱歉 我就是来找… |
[05:16] | Found her! | 找到了! |
[05:16] | Orange County Convention Center! | 橘郡会议中心! |
[05:18] | Yes! I got all the convention centers! | 棒! 我集齐所有的会议中心了! |
[05:25] | Oh, Amy Grant. | 艾米格兰特 |
[05:27] | I think it, and you sing it. | 你总是能唱到我心坎里 |
[05:29] | I’ll be in Grandma’s room practicing mindfulness. | 我会在奶奶的房间里练习正念 |
[05:32] | If you need me | 如果你有事找我 |
[05:33] | maybe stop for a second and think | 可以停下来想一下 |
[05:35] | “Do I really need anything?” | “我真的有什么需要吗?” |
[05:40] | Hello, Mrs. Huang. I’m Tina. | 黄太太你好 我是蒂娜 |
[05:43] | I thought it was time we met. | 我想我们该见面了 |
[05:45] | Well, if it isn’t | 哎呦 这不是埃迪那个 |
[05:47] | the mysterious, overly-confident girlfriend. | 神秘又过分自信的女朋友嘛 |
[05:50] | I prefer to think of myself as your son’s better half. | 我更愿意把自己当成你儿子的另一半 |
[05:53] | Three-quarters, really. | 四分之三更好 |
[05:56] | I did it… | 我做好了… |
[05:57] | 7 animals, 1 sandwich. | 七种肉 塞进一个三明治 |
[06:02] | We flew too close to the sun, my friend. | 我们有危险了 朋友们 |
[06:06] | Tina, what a pleasure to meet you. | 蒂娜 见到你真高兴 |
[06:08] | The pleasure is all mine. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[06:10] | Eddie’s been dying for us to meet, right? | 埃迪很期待咱们见面 对吧? |
[06:13] | Yes! Tina, Ma. Ma, Tina. | 对! 蒂娜 这是我妈 妈 这是蒂娜 |
[06:14] | You’ve met. Uh, let’s go to a movie! | 你们见过了 咱们去看电影吧! |
[06:16] | You’re not wearing pants. | 你没穿外裤 |
[06:17] | It’s a look. Let’s go! | 这也是种风格嘛 快走吧! |
[06:19] | Nobody’s going anywhere. | 谁都不走 |
[06:21] | I’m gonna take this opportunity | 我要抓紧机会 |
[06:23] | to get to know your special little friend person. | 来认识你这个特别的小朋友 |
[06:26] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我来了 |
[06:27] | To get to know your special little mother. Person. | 来认识你这位特别的小妈妈 |
[06:33] | Your presence is not required. | 这没你的事 |
[06:35] | Why don’t you get some air? | 你为什么不出去透透气? |
[06:37] | You know, because of all the fumigation. | 你知道的 毕竟到处都是烟熏的味道 |
[06:39] | Yeah, s… sounds good. | 对 听… 听起来不错 |
[06:41] | Great. Hella cool. T-t-t-t-totally. | 好 很好 非非非非非常好 |
[06:43] | So… Oh, God, no. | 哦别介啊 |
[06:45] | Now that you’re here | 既然你都在这了 |
[06:47] | without calling | 不请自来 |
[06:48] | I’d be delighted to hear | 我很乐意听听 |
[06:49] | your intentions toward my son. | 你对我儿子的看法 |
[06:51] | And I’d be delighted to hear | 我也很乐意听听 |
[06:53] | your intentions toward my boyfriend. | 你对我男朋友的看法 |
[06:59] | No! | 不要! |
[07:02] | This is perfect, Dad. | 这太完美了 爸爸 |
[07:03] | The test said you’re social, enterprising | 测试结果显示你善于交际 有进取心 |
[07:05] | and we all know you love hair. | 我们也都知道你很喜欢头发 |
[07:07] | You’re a natural barber. | 你简直是天生的理发师 |
[07:08] | A fine coiffure is a man’s God-given right. | 好的发型是人的天赋权利 |
[07:11] | Oh, well, just take a quarter inch off the top. | 那个 就把最上面剪掉四分之一英寸就好 |
[07:12] | Or maybe even less. | 或者再少点 |
[07:13] | How about you just comb it? Or maybe even less. | 要不你就简单梳梳吧? 或者再少点 |
[07:13] | How about you just comb it? | 要不你就简单梳梳吧? |
[07:15] | Don’t worry, I cut Brian’s hair | 别担心 布莱恩的头发是我剪的 |
[07:16] | and it looks great. | 看起来多棒 |
[07:17] | I’m a slow grower. | 我头发长得很慢 |
[07:19] | This will take months to fill in. | 这得好几个月才能留起来 |
[07:23] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. | 对 对 对 对 |
[07:24] | I just love it! Very flattering. | 我喜欢这个发型! 真好看 |
[07:27] | Very flattering. Great job, Lou. | 真好看 辛苦了 路 |
[07:29] | Oh, I haven’t started. | 我还没开始呢 |
[07:30] | That’s why you’re the best. | 这就是为什么你是最好的 |
[07:31] | It doesn’t look “Done.” | 根本看不出来”剪了发” |
[07:36] | I don’t know. | 不知道为什么 |
[07:36] | This isn’t as fulfilling as I’d hoped. | 这没有我希望的那么令人满足 |
[07:38] | Maybe barbarism isn’t for me. | 也许野蛮主义并不适合我 |
[07:40] | You did a great job on my five o’clock shadow. | 我的胡茬你就帮我剃得很好 |
[07:42] | Thanks, Trent. | 谢谢 特伦特 |
[07:43] | My talent isn’t in question. | 我的才能是毋庸置疑的 |
[07:45] | Let’s just say, I have the skill, but not the will. | 只能说 我有技术 但没有意志 |
[07:47] | That’s me and making baklava. | 我做果仁蜜饼也是这样 |
[07:49] | Besides, Orlando already has | 再说了 奥兰多的 |
[07:50] | a surprising number of barbers per capita. | 人均理发师数量大得惊人 |
[07:53] | The Caribbean-adjacent crosswinds | 加勒比沿海的侧风 |
[07:54] | are basically rocket fuel for hair follicles. | 基本上是毛囊的火箭燃料 |
[07:57] | You sure know your Orlando facts. | 你真的很了解奥兰多的情况 |
[07:59] | You know what? I do. | 我确实是啊 |
[08:01] | I forgot to tip you, buddy. | 我忘了给你小费了 兄弟 |
[08:04] | People are lovin’ it! | 大家都很爱哦! |
[08:09] | One more inhale. | 再吸气 |
[08:12] | And as you exhale | 当你呼气的时候 |
[08:14] | feel yourself relax into your moment… | 感受自己放松到那一刻的 |
[08:18] | of deepest… calm. | 深度… 平静 |
[08:20] | Armageddon! | 不好了! |
[08:22] | I was just about to sink into my ocean of truth. | 我刚要沉入真理的海洋 |
[08:25] | Who cares?! | 谁管你啊?! |
[08:25] | Mom and Tina are meeting for the first time! | 妈妈和蒂娜是第一次见面! |
[08:28] | We’re at DEFCON 5! | 防御五级戒备! |
[08:29] | Uh, I think you mean DEFCON 1? | 我猜你是想说防御一级吧? |
[08:29] | 戒备状态 是衡量美国军队活跃度和备战状态的等级 协议的序号越下降代表情况越为严重 | |
[08:30] | DEFCON 5 means peacetime. | 防御五级是和平期 |
[08:33] | What sense does that make? | 你这什么狗屁不通的逻辑? |
[08:34] | 5 should be worse than 1. | 五级肯定要比一级严重啊 |
[08:36] | Focus! Two heavyweights are in the ring. | 别扯远了! 两个重量级选手在拳击台上 |
[08:38] | It’s like Roe versus Wade in there! | 就好像是罗伊诉韦德案在这开庭! |
[08:41] | I need to hear what they’re saying. | 我要知道她们在说什么 |
[08:42] | Does anyone have a glass so I can listen through the wall? | 谁有杯子让能我隔着墙听? |
[08:44] | That only works in the movies. | 那只在电影里有用 |
[08:46] | Just eavesdrop through the air vent | 把耳朵贴在通风口听就好了 |
[08:49] | like a normal person. | 像个正常人那样 |
[08:54] | Sounds heated. | 听起来形势很严峻 |
[08:55] | Guess it’s back to kissing my pillow. | 我想我该回去亲我的枕头了 |
[08:57] | Which I never did, ever. | 我以前从来没这么干过 真的 |
[08:59] | My money’s on Mommy! | 我赌妈妈赢! |
[09:09] | Oh, my God. | 我的天哪 |
[09:10] | They’ve gone full “Road House.” | 她们打起来了啊 |
[09:21] | What happened? Who’s hurt? | 发生什么了? 谁受伤了? |
[09:26] | We’re fine. | 我们好好的 |
[09:27] | Turns out your mom and I have a lot in common. | 原来你妈妈和我有很多共同点 |
[09:29] | We’re both no-nonsense, goal-orientated women | 我们都是严肃 目标明确的女性 |
[09:32] | with a common enemy… | 我们有共同的敌人… |
[09:33] | – The sun! – The sun! | – 太阳! – 太阳! |
[09:34] | Tina is great. | 蒂娜很优秀 |
[09:36] | She’s not a dud like all your other girlfriends. | 她不像你其他的女朋友那样没用 |
[09:38] | One he said he met at camp. | 有一个他说露营时遇到的女生 |
[09:40] | He never went to camp. | 他根本没露营过 |
[09:42] | But it sounded like a fight. | 但听起来像是打架 |
[09:44] | I heard someone get slapped! | 我听到有人被打耳光了! |
[09:45] | Oh, that? | 那个么? |
[09:46] | He always makes a monster sandwich | 每次他逃避学习的时候 |
[09:49] | when he’s trying not to study! | 都会做一个怪物三明治! |
[09:50] | Totally! | 没错! |
[09:51] | I gotta push this kid all the damn time | 我要一直督促这个孩子 |
[09:53] | to live up to his potential! | 去发挥他的潜力! |
[09:54] | Yes, girl! Yes! | 对的 姑娘! 太对了! |
[09:56] | Preach! | 要说教! |
[09:59] | Strong smack. | 狠狠一拳 |
[10:00] | I like it. Respect. | 我喜欢 很不错 |
[10:03] | So you guys actually like each other? | 所以你们其实还是喜欢彼此的? |
[10:05] | Hey, don’t act so surprised. | 别表现得那么惊讶 |
[10:07] | I’m very easy to get along with. | 我这人很好相处的 |
[10:09] | Some might even say charming. | 有些人可能还会觉得你很迷人 |
[10:11] | They might. | 可能 |
[10:11] | And they do. | 一定会 |
[10:14] | Great, this is awesome! | 很好 这可太棒了! |
[10:16] | Where’d I put my sandwich? | 我把我的三明治放到哪了? |
[10:17] | And, uh, coming up on your right | 现在在你们做手边的 |
[10:20] | you’ll see Carrot Top’s childhood home! | 是小萝卜头的童年故居! |
[10:22] | This is much more you, Dad. | 这才更像你 爸爸 |
[10:24] | I know! | 我知道! |
[10:25] | Being a tour guide combines my people skills | 当一个导游可以结合我的人际交往能力 |
[10:27] | my passion for Orlando | 我对奥兰多的热爱 |
[10:29] | and my secret desire to wear a little headset. | 还有我对头戴耳麦的秘密爱好 |
[10:31] | Thanks for being my guinea pigs. | 谢谢你们来当我的小白鼠 |
[10:33] | I thought you were just | 我以为你只是 |
[10:34] | giving us a ride to Mommy and Me. | 好心载我们去买亲子装 |
[10:35] | Uh, you don’t want to take Colonial at this hour, Lou. | 路 你不会想要这个时段走殖民大道的 |
[10:38] | Just pull a U-boat up ahead here and take Edgewater. | 在这里掉头 改走水滨大道 |
[10:41] | – It’s faster, more efficient. – Are you sure? | – 这样更快 时间更短 – 你确定吗? |
[10:43] | I planned this route very carefully. | 我详尽地计划了这条线路 |
[10:45] | Coming up on your right | 即将在你右手边出现的 |
[10:46] | is the worldwide headquarters of Tupperware! | 是特百惠的全球总部 |
[10:48] | Uh, can we pull over? | 你能靠边停车吗? |
[10:49] | I need to use the bathroom. | 我要上洗手间 |
[10:51] | Uh, can it wait? | 能忍一下吗? |
[10:51] | I have a whole spiel about Earl Tupper | 我准备了一大段关于伊尔特百的生平 |
[10:53] | and his clash with female CEO Brownie Mae Wise… | 还有他跟女总裁布朗尼梅怀斯之间的分歧… |
[10:56] | The first woman to make the cover of Business Week. | 她可是第一位登上《商业周刊》封面的女性 |
[10:58] | You’re losing us, Lou! | 我们越来越听不懂你说的话了 路! |
[11:00] | Oh, Marvin! The babies! | 马尔文! 你吵醒宝宝了! |
[11:02] | They’re just saying what we’re all thinking! | 他们只是把我们心中所想说出来了而已! |
[11:04] | Uh, everyone, we are in the middle of a tour. | 各位 我们正在观光呢 |
[11:07] | If you could please keep it down for the other guests. | 请为了其他客人着想 保持安静 |
[11:09] | Dad, you just ran a stop sign. | 爸 你直接开过了一个停车标志 |
[11:11] | There’ll be another one! | 还会有别的! |
[11:12] | Uh… Speaking of stop signs | 说起停车标志 |
[11:14] | the first one appeared in 1915 in Detroit, Michigan | 首次出现于1915年的密歇根州底特律市 |
[11:17] | a state that looks like a mitten. | 就那个长得像连指手套的州 |
[11:19] | No one cares! | 没人在乎! |
[11:20] | I have to pee! Pull over! | 我要尿尿! 停车! |
[11:36] | He does do that! He so does. | 他真的经常这样! 真的! |
[11:40] | But he’s been good today. | 但是今天表现不错 |
[11:41] | Got through a whole chapter without nodding off. | 看完了一整章也没打瞌睡 |
[11:43] | I consider it a win if his book is right-side up. | 他能把书摆正 就算不错了 |
[11:46] | He calls Geometry “Shapes Class.” | 他把几何课叫做图形课 |
[11:48] | Oh, shut up! | 不要说了! |
[11:50] | You shut up! | 你才不要说了! |
[11:51] | No, both of you shut up. | 不 你俩都闭上嘴 |
[11:58] | This is my calling for sure. | 这个肯定就是我的冒险召唤了 |
[11:59] | A motivational speaker. | 励志演讲家 |
[12:01] | Inspiring people to live life to the fullest. | 鼓励人们积极生活每一天 |
[12:03] | You’re like a tour guide, but for people’s lives. | 你就像一个导游 只不过是带领大家过上充实的生活 |
[12:05] | And I still get to use the headset. | 而我还可以继续用上头戴耳麦 |
[12:09] | …and then I won the Golden Prune award. | …之后我赢得了金梅奖 |
[12:11] | And, uh, that’s just a brief explanation of… | 我只是简短地介绍了一下… |
[12:15] | Brief?! How is 40 minutes brief?! | 简短?! 四十分钟还叫简短?! |
[12:17] | …of, uh, how Cattleman’s Ranch Steakhouse | …牧场主餐厅 |
[12:20] | just off the I-4 and now open for breakfast | 一家开在四号州际公路边 现在也卖早餐的餐厅 |
[12:24] | became a success. | 取得成功的故事 |
[12:26] | Oh, great! A question. | 好极了! 有人要提问 |
[12:27] | Is Zumba still in here at 4:00? | 四点还有尊巴课上吗? |
[12:34] | It is said that a journey of a thousand miles | 常言道 千里之行 |
[12:38] | begins with a single step. | 始于足下 |
[12:39] | But, um, in reality, a journey of a thousand miles | 但是 在现实生活中 千里之行 |
[12:43] | should begin with a map! | 始于地图! |
[12:48] | Hey, where are you going? | 你干嘛呢? |
[12:50] | Where are you going? | 你问问你自己要干嘛? |
[12:51] | Well, I’m trying to motivate you! | 我在试图激励你啊! |
[12:53] | This is supposed to be my next big thing! | 这本应是我接下来要干的大事! |
[12:54] | I’m inspiring! | 我很会鼓舞人心啊! |
[12:55] | I respectfully disagree. | 出于尊重 我表示不同意 |
[13:02] | You know what? He’s right. | 好吧 他说的对 |
[13:04] | Who am I to give you advice? | 我算老几来给你们提建议? |
[13:06] | How can I help you find your next chapter | 我连自己的人生下一章都找不到 |
[13:08] | if I can’t even find mine? | 我怎么能帮你们找到呢? |
[13:13] | Maybe there isn’t one. | 也许根本就没有 |
[13:14] | Maybe this is it. | 也许就这样结束了 |
[13:17] | Maybe my next big thing is just… death. | 也许我的下一件大事就是… 死亡 |
[13:22] | Alright, you muffin-tops! | 好了 你们这群小可爱! |
[13:23] | Who’s ready to Zumba?! | 谁准备好尊巴了?! |
[13:28] | Speaking of firsts | 说起第一次 |
[13:29] | did I ever tell you about my first kiss? | 我有告诉过你我的初吻吗? |
[13:31] | You’d better be about to! | 你最好现在就说! |
[13:32] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no! | 不 不 不 不 不 不 不! |
[13:36] | …an overall sensation of wet. | …一次从头到尾湿淋淋的经历 |
[13:39] | Can you guys please keep it down? | 你们能安静点吗? |
[13:40] | I’m trying to study! | 我要学习! |
[13:42] | What’s happening to me? | 我怎么了? |
[13:43] | Oh, you’re evolving! | 你在进化! |
[13:45] | From a boy of nonsense into a man of letters. | 从小屁孩进化到文化人 |
[13:49] | I think we should take a break. | 我想我们应该休息一下 |
[13:50] | Let’s go get a milkshake. | 我们去喝个奶昔吧 |
[13:51] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[13:55] | Coming, Jess? | 来吗 杰西? |
[14:00] | Our boy Eddie needs to step up his course-load senior year. | 我们的埃迪需要更认真地对待课程满满的高三 |
[14:03] | It’s lucky I look good in blue | 幸好我适合穿蓝色衣服 |
[14:04] | because I tell him that until I’m blue in the face. | 不过我告诉他我脸一变蓝(生气) 情况就不好看了 |
[14:06] | Uh… you look good in all colors. | 你穿什么都好看 |
[14:09] | You’re so observant. | 你观察得真细致 |
[14:10] | You actually don’t look good in orange, so… | 其实你不适合穿橘色 所以… |
[14:12] | Whatever. | 算了 |
[14:13] | Me? You’re the one who’s observant. | 我? 你才是善于观察的那个 |
[14:15] | That’s another good observation! | 你又观察到了一点! |
[14:20] | Did you know Jessica | 你知道杰西卡 |
[14:21] | can get five dinners out of one roast chicken? | 用一只烤鸡就能做五道菜吗? |
[14:23] | Another fun fact about my mother. | 又一件关于我妈的趣事 |
[14:25] | Will it ever get old? Not to me! | 这会听到烦吗? 我可不会! |
[14:27] | You’re okay with me being friends with your mom, right? | 你对我和你妈做朋友没意见吧 对吧? |
[14:30] | You’re not afraid of a little harmless female bonding. | 你不会抗拒这点无伤大雅的女性友谊吧 |
[14:32] | What?! I’m happy as can be. | 什么?! 我很开心啊 |
[14:40] | I thought it would be bad | 我以为 |
[14:41] | for my mom and my girlfriend to hate each other | 我妈跟我女朋友看不对眼会很糟糕 |
[14:43] | but them liking each other is so much worse. | 谁知道她们处得来还更糟糕 |
[14:45] | Life’s curveballs, am I right? | 生活就是一记弧线球 是吧? |
[14:48] | I mean, I barely get time alone with my girlfriend anymore. | 我跟我女朋友都几乎没有独处时间了 |
[14:50] | Silver lining? I’m friends with your dad | 往好的看 我跟你爸是朋友 |
[14:52] | Tina’s friends with your mom | 蒂娜和你妈是朋友 |
[14:53] | we introduce my sis Tracy to your grandma | 要是我们把我妹特雷西介绍给你奶奶认识 |
[14:55] | and we’ve got ourselves a dinner party. | 我们就能开个晚餐聚会了 |
[14:57] | What am I gonna do? | 我要怎么做才好? |
[14:58] | At the rate they’re going | 照这种速度下去 |
[14:59] | Tina’s gonna ask my mother to prom. | 蒂娜就要邀请我妈去舞会了 |
[15:01] | Not gonna lie, I’m into that. | 老实说 我挺喜欢的 |
[15:03] | I wanted to ask Short Linda to prom | 我想邀请短琳达去舞会 |
[15:05] | but she’d have to break up with Thick-Neck Chris. | 但她得先跟硬颈克里斯分手 |
[15:07] | That’s it! That’s what I have to do. | 这就对了! 这就是我要做的 |
[15:09] | I have to break them up! | 我得拆散她们! |
[15:10] | Dude, you’re crazy. | 兄弟 你疯啦 |
[15:12] | What Thick-Neck Chris has with Short Linda is real. | 硬颈克里斯和短琳达是有真感情的 |
[15:14] | No. | 不是 |
[15:15] | I need to break up my mother and my girlfriend. | 我是要拆散我妈跟我女朋友 |
[15:18] | Okay, gotta ask… | 好吧 我忍不住了… |
[15:19] | Why do we call her Short Linda? | 为什么我们叫她短琳达? |
[15:20] | She’s 6-feet tall. | 她身高一米八耶 |
[15:21] | But very curt. | 可她说话很简短 |
[15:23] | Lotta one-word answers. | 经常只回一个字 |
[15:26] | Hunting ground of notorious serial killer Ted Bundy? | 臭名昭著的连环杀手泰德邦迪的狩猎场? |
[15:29] | 泰德·邦迪(Theodore Robert “Ted” Bundy),美国一个活跃于1973年至1978年的连环杀手, 通常会棒击受害人,而后再将其勒死,被害人数估计为26至100人不等, 是电影《沉默的羔羊》的原型之一。 | |
[15:31] | Well, this was unwise. | 这可不适合印在餐巾纸上面 |
[15:33] | You don’t have to check up on me, I’m fine. | 你不用来看我 我没事 |
[15:36] | I rolled the dice on something new | 我试着在新事物上掷骰子赌一把 |
[15:37] | and they came up snake eyes. | 却掷出了蛇眼 |
[15:39] | Are snake eyes bad? | 蛇眼不好吗? |
[15:41] | I don’t know. I think so. | 我不知道 应该是吧 |
[15:42] | Snakes are bad. | 蛇是不好的 |
[15:43] | Well, I just came by to tell you I’m quitting Drama. | 我只是来告诉你 我不学戏剧了 |
[15:45] | What? Why? | 什么? 为什么? |
[15:46] | I auditioned for “42nd Street,” | 我去参加了《四十二街》的试镜 |
[15:48] | 《四十二街》是八十年代首演的百老汇音乐剧,故事围绕久负盛名的百老汇导演 朱利安·马许如何努力在大萧条的鼎盛时期制作一出成功的音乐剧而展开。 | |
[15:48] | and I couldn’t do a high kick. | 可我做不出高踢腿 |
[15:49] | Guess I’m bad at acting. | 估计我并不擅长表演吧 |
[15:50] | Son, you can’t just give up | 儿子 你不能因为一时达不到你想要的 |
[15:51] | because things don’t immediately go your way. | 就这样放弃表演啊 |
[15:53] | I just really wanted it to work out. | 我也很想让它进展顺利 |
[15:55] | And it will one day. | 总有一天会的 |
[15:56] | But only if you don’t give up. | 前提是你不轻言放弃 |
[15:58] | If you walk away | 要是你只会逃避 |
[15:59] | how will you ever know what wonderful opportunities | 你怎么会知道在不远的未来 |
[16:01] | might be just around the corner? | 会有什么好机会等着你呢? |
[16:02] | That’s good advice. | 这是个好建议 |
[16:04] | Maybe you should take it. | 也许你应该接受这建议 |
[16:06] | Me? | 我? |
[16:07] | I’m not quitting Drama. | 我不会放弃戏剧 |
[16:08] | I made up that whole story. | 我编了整个故事 |
[16:09] | I kick great! | 我踢得很好! |
[16:12] | – Whoa. – Yeah. | – 哇 – 是的 |
[16:14] | I just want you to keep hunting for your next challenge | 我只想让你继续寻找下一个挑战 |
[16:16] | no matter how long it takes. | 不论这要花多长时间 |
[16:18] | You deserve to find your passion. | 你应该找到你的激情 |
[16:19] | Thanks, son. | 谢谢你 儿子 |
[16:20] | Your support means a lot. | 你的支持对我来说很重要 |
[16:23] | You get your high kick from your old man, you know. | 你知道吗 你的凌空踢腿是祖传的 |
[16:25] | My side of the family is famous for our loose groins. | 我的家族以腹股沟松弛而闻名 |
[16:31] | Hey, here’s a thought. | 嘿 我有一个想法 |
[16:32] | How about today we study to music? | 今天我们学音乐怎么样? |
[16:36] | I said study to music! | 我说学习音乐! |
[16:41] | The whole time I thought she was in silent contemplation | 我一直以为她在默默沉思的时候 |
[16:44] | she’s just been snoozing! | 她都只是在打盹! |
[16:48] | Oh, no, Amy Grant? | 哦 不 艾米·格兰特? |
[16:50] | I’m sorry, Tina. | 我很抱歉 蒂娜 |
[16:51] | I forgot how much you hate Amy Grant. | 我忘记你有多讨厌艾米·格兰特了 |
[16:54] | What? | 什么? |
[16:55] | That can’t be true! | 那不可能是真的! |
[16:56] | Amy Grant has the voice of an angel! | 艾米·格兰特有天使般的嗓音! |
[16:58] | Tina! | 蒂娜! |
[16:59] | She’s my mom’s favorite singer. | 她是我妈最喜欢的歌手 |
[17:00] | You’re basically saying my mom has no taste. | 你基本上是说我妈没有品味 |
[17:03] | I haven’t said anything. | 我啥都没说啊 |
[17:04] | Are you just gonna sit there and let this high school girl | 你真的要坐在那儿让一个高中的女孩子 |
[17:06] | tell you you’re tasteless? | 说你没有品位吗? |
[17:08] | That’s not the fiery Keds-kicking tempest I know. | 那不是我知道的狂风暴雨 |
[17:11] | Tempest? | 狂风暴雨? |
[17:12] | Eddie, what is this? | 埃迪 这是什么? |
[17:14] | He’s trying | 他正在试图 |
[17:16] | with the subtlety of an elephant | 像大象一样狡猾地 |
[17:18] | to cause friction between us. | 让我俩产生摩擦 |
[17:20] | So what? | 所以呢? |
[17:21] | You’re not okay with us hanging out? | 你不喜欢我俩一起出去玩? |
[17:23] | You lied to me? | 你对我撒谎了? |
[17:24] | I plead the fourth. | 我“拒不申辩” |
[17:26] | Oh, he’s so close to knowing stuff. | 哦 他差点就能知道点常识了 |
[17:28] | First you don’t want us to meet | 开始你不想让我俩见面 |
[17:29] | and then when we do and get along | 然后当我们见面相处之后 |
[17:31] | you try to ruin it? | 你又试图搞破坏? |
[17:33] | What’s wrong with you? | 你有什么毛病? |
[17:36] | Whoa, feeling a lotta red auras in here. | 哇 感觉这里有很多紧张的气氛 |
[17:42] | You didn’t want me to meet Tina? | 你不想让我见蒂娜? |
[17:44] | Of course not. | 当然不想 |
[17:45] | You have strong opinions | 你有强烈的个人看法 |
[17:46] | which you express hourly at peak volume. | 而且每小时都会大声表达出来 |
[17:49] | It’s called confidence. | 这叫做自信 |
[17:50] | It’s a gift. | 这是一个天赋 |
[17:51] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:52] | I just thought you might ruin my relationship. | 我只是以为你会毁掉我的爱情 |
[17:54] | What? | 什么? |
[17:55] | I would never do that. | 我永远都不会这么做 |
[17:57] | Well, it doesn’t matter. | 好吧 已经没关系了 |
[17:59] | I already ruined everything all on my own. | 我已经亲手毁掉一切了 |
[18:03] | Okay, I may have been pushing it a little bit with Tina. | 好吧 我可能在蒂娜这件事上有点过分了 |
[18:06] | Did you really have to braid her hair? | 你真的非得给她编辫子吗? |
[18:08] | You don’t know a woman’s true beauty | 你不知道一个女人是否真的美丽 |
[18:10] | until you see her neck. | 直到你看到她的脖子 |
[18:12] | I just wanted us to get along | 我只是希望我们能处的好 |
[18:14] | because I knew how much you liked her. | 因为我知道你有多喜欢她 |
[18:17] | How? | 你怎么知道的? |
[18:18] | I barely told you about her. | 我几乎从未对你说起过她 |
[18:19] | That’s how I knew. | 这就是我知道的原因 |
[18:22] | And I know why you like her. | 而且我知道你为什么喜欢她 |
[18:25] | Because she’s like me… | 因为她和我很像 |
[18:26] | Direct, smart | 直率 聪慧 |
[18:28] | and you always know what’s on her mind. | 而且你一直都知道她在想什么 |
[18:30] | Yeah, well, right now, she’s thinking she hates me. | 是的 现在她正在想她有多讨厌我 |
[18:33] | No, she’s not. | 不 她不会这么想 |
[18:34] | She obviously cares about you a lot. | 她显然十分在乎你 |
[18:36] | Another thing we have in common. | 这又是另一个我俩的共同点 |
[18:39] | Now go fix this. | 现在快去修复你们的关系吧 |
[18:41] | Oh, and Eddie…? | 对了 埃迪 |
[18:43] | Don’t ever weaponize Amy Grant again. | 别再把艾米·格兰特当做武器了 |
[18:48] | Before you cut me out of all your photos | 在把我从你所有的照片中剪掉之前 |
[18:50] | I wanted to say I’m really sorry. | 我想说我真的很抱歉 |
[18:52] | And I understand if you want to break up with me. | 而且如果你想和我分手的话 我完全理解 |
[18:55] | If I broke up with you | 如果每次你一做奇怪的事情 |
[18:56] | every time you did something weird | 我就和你分手的话 |
[18:58] | we wouldn’t have lasted an hour. | 我们连一小时都坚持不到 |
[19:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:01] | Props for tolerance. | 宽容的支持者 |
[19:03] | I just want you to be honest. | 我只是希望你能诚实 |
[19:04] | You should have told me | 你应该告诉我 |
[19:05] | you were nervous about me meeting your mom. | 你对我和你妈妈见面这件事很紧张 |
[19:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:08] | And that you’d rather hang out on our own. | 而且也应该告诉我你更喜欢和我单独出去玩 |
[19:10] | I would too. | 我也是 |
[19:11] | Really? | 真的? |
[19:12] | Of course. | 当然 |
[19:13] | I like Jessica, but I’m dating you. | 我喜欢杰西卡 但是我是在和你约会 |
[19:15] | I laid it on a little thick because she’s your mom. | 我没告诉你是因为她是你的妈妈 |
[19:18] | I want to get along. | 我想和她好好相处 |
[19:20] | But between you and me, she braids way too tight. | 但是在我俩之间 她拉扯的太紧了 |
[19:22] | I liked you in braids. | 我喜欢你编头发 |
[19:23] | You looked kinda like the Wendy’s girl… | 你看起来就像是温迪公司徽标上的女孩 |
[19:25] | The hottest of the fast-food mascots. | 最火辣的快餐吉祥物 |
[19:27] | Do you ever stop thinking about burgers? | 你有停止想过汉堡吗? |
[19:29] | Sometimes I think about sliders. | 我时不时的还会想想迷你堡 |
[19:31] | Do sliders count as burgers? | 迷你堡算是汉堡吗? |
[19:33] | There’s no correct answer. | 这没有标准答案 |
[19:34] | It’s an eternal debate. | 这是一场永恒的争论 |
[19:42] | You want to listen? | 你想听吗? |
[19:43] | Buck a minute. | 一美元一分钟 |
[19:44] | I got to get your chair a bell. | 我得给你的椅子弄个铃铛 |
[19:51] | I think male modeling is out. | 我认为男性模特已经过时了 |
[19:53] | I’ve been told I have feminine ankles. | 有人跟我说我有女性化的脚踝 |
[19:55] | Mom? | 妈妈说的? |
[19:57] | Louis Huang? | 路易斯·黄? |
[19:58] | I’ve been looking for you! | 我一直在找你 |
[19:59] | I was actually at the talk you gave the other night. | 那天晚上我真的在听你谈话 |
[20:01] | My name’s Tom. | 我叫汤姆 |
[20:03] | Were you the one who threw the smoothie at me? | 是你朝我扔的冰沙吗? |
[20:05] | I was taken aback. Those are not cheap. | 我吓了一跳 那些可不便宜 |
[20:06] | You’ve inspired me to chase my dreams | 你激励了我去追寻自己的梦想 |
[20:09] | and I was thinking maybe you’d like to invest | 我在想你可能有兴趣投资 |
[20:12] | in my new business. | 我的新生意 |
[20:13] | Well, I’m flattered. Lay it on me. | 好吧 我受宠若惊 快告诉我吧 |
[20:16] | It’s a website | 它是一个网站 |
[20:17] | where a person has their own space | 在这个网站是人们有自己的空间 |
[20:19] | to post pictures and notes | 可以发布照片和记录 |
[20:22] | that they can share with friends and family. | 并且可以和他们的家人和朋友分享 |
[20:27] | Uh, they can already do that through a little company | 嗯 人们已经可以通过一家 |
[20:30] | called The United States Postal Service. | 叫做美国邮政局的小公司做到这一点了 |
[20:33] | Well, I mean, this is… | 嗯 我是说 这是 |
[20:35] | I’m gonna have to pass. Thanks for stopping by. | 我还是算了吧 谢谢你过来 |
[20:38] | Keep thinking. | 继续思考 |
[20:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:44] | Can you imagine? | 你能想象吗? |
[20:45] | Who wants to look at other people’s photos | 谁想在电脑上看 |
[20:47] | on the computer? | 别人的照片啊? |
[20:51] | That’s so dumb. | 太蠢了 |
[20:54] | Oh, gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[20:56] | What an idiot. | 真是个傻子 |