时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Unprompted Mandarin? | 主动说普通话? |
[00:06] | What do you want? | 你想要干什么? |
[00:07] | I already told you we are not getting a monkey. | 我已经跟你说过了 咱们家不买猴子 |
[00:09] | We already have to take care of your grandma. | 我们已经有奶奶要照顾了 |
[00:11] | Fine, but there’s an autograph signing at the mall this week, | 好吧 但是这周在购物中心有个签名会 |
[00:13] | and it’s during school hours. | 是在上课时间 |
[00:14] | No skipping school. | 不许翘课 |
[00:15] | Even if the building’s on fire, | 哪怕教学楼着火了 |
[00:17] | you wait for the bell and die with honor. | 你也要等到下课铃打响然后光荣牺牲 |
[00:19] | But it’s my new favorite basketball player… Allen Iverson! | 但是这是我最喜欢的篮球运动员… 阿伦·艾弗森 |
[00:22] | A.I.? | 艾弗森啊 |
[00:24] | “The Answer”? The All-Star for the Sixers. | 绰号”答案”? 七十六人队的全明星 |
[00:26] | Got a crossover so smooth, it’ll put a baby in your sister? | 我的过人如此华丽 让你姐姐怀孕 |
[00:29] | Connie? Don’t bring my sister into this! | 康妮?别扯到我妹妹 |
[00:32] | Come on, Dad, please? You love hoops. | 求你了 爸爸 你喜欢篮球啊 |
[00:34] | And you know how hard I’ve been working on this college stuff. | 你也知道我多努力在申请大学 |
[00:36] | Sorry, but I’m with your mother on this one. No skipping school. | 不好意思 但我这次站你妈 不许翘课 |
[00:39] | But I think you should leave if there’s a fire. | 不过要是大楼着了火我觉得你该跑 |
[00:41] | You smell smoke, you run. | 闻到烟味 你就跑 |
[00:44] | C’mon, Ma, it’s just half a day. | 妈妈真求你了 就半天 |
[00:45] | This is so unfair! | 这不公平! |
[00:46] | Unfair? | 不公平? |
[00:47] | Wimbledon requiring Pete Sampras | 温布尔登要求皮特桑普拉斯 |
[00:49] | to play wearing a shirt is unfair. | 必须穿着上衣比赛很不公平 |
[00:52] | Denzel having to act wearing a shirt is unfair. | 丹泽尔必须穿上衣表演也不公平 |
[00:56] | Me having to complete a stupid academic practicum | 我为了当老师老板 |
[00:59] | in order to become teacher boss… | 必须要完成一个愚蠢的学术实习 |
[01:01] | definitely unfair. | 绝对不公平 |
[01:03] | What’s a practicum? | 什么是实习 |
[01:04] | I have to spend 100 hours | 我为了获得证书 |
[01:06] | shadowing a teacher at some school | 必须要花一百个小时 |
[01:08] | in order to finish my degree. | 在某个学校跟着个老师晃悠 |
[01:10] | Apparently, “Practicum” Is Latin for “Waste Jessica’s time.” | 显而易见 实习是拉丁语的”浪费杰西卡的时间” |
[01:14] | Practicum? | 实习? |
[01:14] | We’re talking about practicum? Really? | 我们在聊实习吗?你认真的吗? |
[01:16] | I’m in here trying to get an autograph, | 我在这为的是争取去签名会 |
[01:17] | and we’re talking about practicum? | 你现在跟我说实习? |
[01:19] | Practicum?! | 实习? |
[01:21] | 100 hours is a lot. | 100小时太多了 |
[01:22] | For everyone involved. | 对每个相关人员都是 |
[01:24] | Yes, but in order to achieve your goals, | 是的 但是为了实现你的梦想 |
[01:26] | you need to keep your head down and stay the course. | 你需要低下头踏实学习 |
[01:29] | Look at your brother Evan. | 看看你的弟弟埃文 |
[01:31] | He wants to be Doctor-President, | 他想当医生总统 |
[01:32] | and he has never veered from the path. | 他从不改变方向 |
[01:35] | He’s predictable, reliable… | 他老实又可靠 |
[01:38] | Aloha! | 雷猴啊 |
[01:42] | What have you done to your neck?! | 你对你的脖子做了什么 |
[01:44] | It’s ruined! | 它废了 |
[02:03] | Evan, why do you have sea creatures on your neck?! | 埃文 为什么你脖子上有海产品 |
[02:06] | Oh, my puka shells? Geoff got me into them. | 我的普卡贝吗 杰夫给我的 |
[02:09] | Geoff? Who’s Geoff? | 杰夫?谁是杰夫? |
[02:10] | He’s my friend from school. | 他是我在学校的朋友 |
[02:11] | He spells his name G-E-O-F-F. | 他的名字读起来是杰-奥-夫 |
[02:13] | Isn’t that cool? | 酷吧? |
[02:14] | G-off? | 杰奥夫? |
[02:15] | Jeff. | 杰夫 |
[02:16] | – G-off. – Jeff. | – 杰奥夫 – 杰夫 |
[02:18] | How come you never mentioned him before? | 你之前怎么都没提过他? |
[02:20] | I guess that’s 8th grade for you, always moving. | 我想八年级就是这样的 一切进行得太快了 |
[02:22] | Well, I better go, or else I won’t get a seat | 我得走了 不然车后面的座位 |
[02:24] | in the back of the bus. | 可就都有人了 |
[02:25] | Then I’ll have to sit on the wheel hump. | 我就只能坐下面有轮子的座位了 |
[02:32] | Puka shells, back of the bus, single-strap backpack. | 戴着普卡贝 坐在车后 单肩背书包 |
[02:35] | This is not like Evan. | 这不像埃文 |
[02:37] | What is going on with him at school? | 他在学校里怎么了? |
[02:39] | How would I know? We don’t go to the same school anymore. | 我怎么知道?我们不再去同一个学校了 |
[02:42] | I’m in high school now. | 我现在上高中了 |
[02:44] | I graduated junior high last June? | 去年六月我从初中毕业了记得吗? |
[02:48] | There was a ceremony where you shouted out, “Boring”? | 当时还有个典礼 你还大喊无聊来着? |
[02:50] | Oh, right. | 对哦 |
[02:52] | That poor girl sang “The Greatest Love of All.” | 那个可怜的女孩唱了“最伟大的爱” |
[02:54] | Don’t try Whitney if you can’t do Whitney. | 唱不好惠特尼的歌就别唱 |
[02:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:59] | You’re worried about Evan because of puka shells? | 你因为这个普卡贝在担心埃文? |
[03:01] | Puka shells lead to shady friends, | 普卡贝带来坏朋友 |
[03:04] | which leads to distraction, which leads to bad grades! | 导致他失去方向 最后成绩下滑 |
[03:07] | Next thing you know, Evan won’t be Doctor-President. | 接下来 埃文就成不了医生总统了 |
[03:10] | I don’t know, Mom. | 我不知道 妈妈 |
[03:11] | Puka shells are just casual beachwear | 普卡贝只是日常的海滩装扮 |
[03:13] | that also work in the city. | 城市里也有的 |
[03:14] | Well, you know what else works in the city? | 你知道城市里还有什么嘛 |
[03:16] | Institutional racism. | 机构性种族主义 |
[03:25] | Nice form! | 扔得不错啊 |
[03:26] | The sleeve helps. | 袖套也有帮助 |
[03:27] | It’s good for my ligaments, and sometimes it’s a napkin. | 它对我的韧带很好 有时也可以当纸巾 |
[03:31] | Well, sorry we can’t let you skip school, but I am proud | 很抱歉我们不能让你翘课 |
[03:33] | of all the hard work you’ve been doing for college. | 但我为你申请大学所做的努力而骄傲 |
[03:40] | An A.I. Jersey! | 一件艾弗森的篮球衫! |
[03:41] | I know you’re a fan of “The Big Response.” | 我知道你是”回应”的粉丝 |
[03:43] | It’s “The Answer.” | 应该是”答案” |
[03:44] | Oh. That’s catchier. | 啊这个更好记 |
[03:45] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了 爸爸 |
[03:46] | Oh. I’ve been thinking about how to help pay for tuition. | 我一直在想要怎么支付学费 |
[03:49] | Four words… Basketball scholarship. | 四个字…篮球奖金 |
[03:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:53] | I’m gonna put together a reel of all my hoop skills | 我想展示我所有的篮球技巧 |
[03:55] | and send it to Georgetown, Duke, Kentucky… | 然后把它寄给乔治城 杜克 肯塔基等大学… |
[04:02] | Oh, son, this is the hard part of being a dad | 孩子 这个当父亲的困难 |
[04:03] | they never show on TV. | 电视上可没演过 |
[04:06] | The truth is, you are unlikely to get a basketball scholarship. | 事实上 你很可能得不到篮球奖金 |
[04:09] | You are a clumsy boy with a heart of gold. | 你就是个好心的笨孩子 |
[04:12] | Maybe if you hustle, you can get a cup of coffee | 如果你努努力 也许能在欧洲三流小队里 |
[04:15] | in some third-tier Euro league, | 挣一杯咖啡 |
[04:16] | but even then, you’ll just be a curiosity, | 但即使如此 你也只是人们一时的好奇 |
[04:18] | an Asian spectacle for the Slavs to jeer at. | 一个让斯拉夫人嘲笑的亚洲奇葩 |
[04:20] | I don’t want that. | 我不想这样 |
[04:22] | No. | 不 |
[04:23] | No, you don’t. | 你不会想要的 |
[04:26] | But what you do have | 不过你拥有的品质 |
[04:28] | is a great imagination, intelligence, and personality, | 是想象力丰富 有头脑 有性格 |
[04:31] | and there’s plenty of scholarships for that. | 这些也可以帮你申到不少奖学金 |
[04:33] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢了爸爸 |
[04:35] | Wait. | 等等 |
[04:36] | They spelled “Iverson” With a “Q.” | 艾弗森怎么多了一点 |
[04:39] | “Iversqn”? | 艾佛森? |
[04:40] | Is this fake? | 这是假的吗? |
[04:42] | Explains why it was in the clearance bin. | 难怪它在垃圾桶里 |
[04:44] | That Michael Gordan jersey makes a lot more sense now. | 现在我有点懂那个迈克尔高丹的篮球衫了 |
[04:50] | Hunter, what kind of a child zoo is this? | 亨特 你这是个什么儿童幼儿园啊? |
[04:52] | You’ve let Evan slip through the cracks. | 埃文现在可是岌岌可危了 |
[04:54] | Evan? | 埃文? |
[04:55] | He’s got straight A’s, a can-do attitude, | 他可是全A生 有世界非我莫属的心态 |
[04:57] | making new friends. | 认识了很多新朋友 |
[04:59] | Aside from one little detention… | 除了一次小小的留堂 |
[05:00] | Detention?! | 留堂? |
[05:02] | Well, the whole class got it for tardiness. | 不过是全班因为拖拉所以全部留堂了 |
[05:05] | The whole class?! | 整个班级? |
[05:06] | How are you teacher boss | 为什么你能当老师老板 |
[05:08] | and I still have to take practicum? | 而我还需要实习? |
[05:09] | Trust me, Evan’s doing just fine. | 相信我 埃文没事 |
[05:12] | You have nothing to worry about. | 你什么都不用担心 |
[05:13] | False. | 错误 |
[05:14] | I need you to follow him to every class | 我需要你跟着他上每一节课 |
[05:16] | and report back to me. | 然后向我汇报 |
[05:17] | Be sly about it. | 悄悄地进行 |
[05:18] | Peek around corners. Use binoculars. | 在暗中观察 备好望远镜 |
[05:20] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你懂我什么意思 |
[05:22] | I can’t follow one child all day. | 我不能一整天死盯着一个孩子 |
[05:24] | Who has time for that? | 谁能有这个时间啊? |
[05:29] | One last Huang, one more year. | 最后一个黄家人了 还有一年 |
[05:33] | You can do this. | 你可以的 |
[05:37] | Dad, I took your advice and found an awesome scholarship. | 爸爸 我听了你的建议 找到了一份很棒的奖学金 |
[05:41] | “The Wesley Snipes Scholarship for Orlando Youth.” | “韦斯利·斯奈普斯奥兰多青年奖学金” |
[05:44] | Smart. Channeling some of that “Passenger 57” Money | 聪明 将一部分”57号警探”的钱 |
[05:47] | into a charitable cause. | 用于慈善事业 |
[05:49] | He must have a great tax guy. | 他一定有个很棒的税务员 |
[05:51] | The scholarship will be enough | 这奖学金足够 |
[05:52] | to buy a dope-ass massage chair for my dorm room. | 给我宿舍买一把帅炸的按摩椅了 |
[05:54] | It’s gonna be pimp. | 美滋滋啊 |
[05:55] | Anyways, I have to write an essay about my biggest hero. | 话说回来 我得写一篇关于我最崇拜的人的文章 |
[05:58] | Oh. So, uh, who do you have in mind? | 你心目中的人选是谁? |
[06:00] | It was an obvious choice. | 这还用选么 |
[06:01] | A man who’s really impacted my life. | 一个真正影响我的生活的男人 |
[06:03] | I’m listening. | 洗耳恭听 |
[06:04] | Someone who embodies the American dream. | 他是美国梦的化身 |
[06:06] | He came from nothing, | 他本一无所有 |
[06:07] | has a tireless work ethic and amazing hair. | 有着不知疲倦的职业道德和令人惊叹的发型 |
[06:09] | That doesn’t just happen. | 这可不是偶然发生的 |
[06:10] | That’s that work ethic you mentioned. | 这就是你提到的职业道德 |
[06:12] | My hero… | 我的英雄… |
[06:13] | Allen Iverson. | 阿伦 艾弗森 |
[06:17] | That’s great. | 不错啊 |
[06:18] | Great choice. Yes. | 选得很好 对 |
[06:22] | Alright, Geoff, is this your card? | 好了 杰夫 这是你选的牌么? |
[06:25] | No. | 不 |
[06:26] | Is this your card? | 这个是么? |
[06:27] | Nope. | 不是 |
[06:29] | I’m such a bad magician. | 我真是个糟糕的魔术师 |
[06:31] | Hey. That’s my card! | 这是我选的牌! |
[06:33] | Or am I? | 怎么样? |
[06:34] | Dude, how did you do that? | 老兄 你怎么做到的? |
[06:36] | A magician never reveals his secrets. | 魔术师从不透露他的秘密 |
[06:38] | That’s why they’re not in relationships for long. | 这就是为什么他们的恋爱时间不长 |
[06:40] | That was awesome. | 这可太赞了 |
[06:42] | Hey, you should come to my Bar Mitzvah. | 你应该来参加我的成年礼 |
[06:44] | Really? Isn’t that for close friends and family? | 真的吗? 那不是为亲密的朋友和家人准备的吗? |
[06:46] | I mean, we are friends, right? | 我们已经是朋友了 不是吗? |
[06:49] | One question… how early is too early to show up? | 一个问题… 多早到才算早? |
[06:54] | Show up to what? | 到哪去? |
[06:55] | Mommy? | 妈咪? |
[06:56] | Good news, Evan. I’m doing my practicum here. | 好消息 埃文 我来这里实习了 |
[06:59] | We’re going to school together! | 我们可以一起上学了! |
[07:02] | Now, which one of you bed-wetters is G-off? | 你们这几个小屁孩那个是杰奥夫? |
[07:10] | – You’re doing your practicum here? – Isn’t it great? | – 你来这实习了? – 是不是很棒? |
[07:13] | Instead of wasting my time | 比起浪费我的时间 |
[07:15] | following dummy teachers at some random school, | 听某个学校的智障老师上课 |
[07:18] | I can spend my 100 hours with you | 我可以和你共度一百个小时 |
[07:20] | and still get credit! | 还能拿学分! |
[07:21] | 100 hours is a lot. | 一百小时可太多了 |
[07:22] | A lot of fun. | 太多乐趣了 |
[07:24] | I guess we could carpool together. | 我想我们可以一起拼车 |
[07:26] | And the field trip permission slip process will be streamlined. | 这样拿到实地考察许可单的流程就会简化 |
[07:29] | Cards? | 牌? |
[07:30] | Are you playing poker? | 你们在玩扑克牌? |
[07:31] | Did you put him up to this, G-off? | 是你带着他玩的吗 杰奥夫? |
[07:33] | Uh, it’s Geoff, | 我叫杰夫 |
[07:34] | and Evan was just showing us some magic tricks. | 埃文只是在给我们表演一些魔术 |
[07:36] | Trix? Like that drunk cartoon rabbit? No. | 特利克斯? 那个喝多了的卡通兔子? 不 |
[07:40] | Applesauce? | 苹果酱? |
[07:41] | You know that gives you bad boom booms. | 你明知道你一吃就会拉肚肚 |
[07:47] | Boo-yah. Dropped off 10 meals in under two hours. | 两小时内送了十顿饭 |
[07:50] | The trick is, never put the car in “Park.” | 技巧就是 永远别把车停在停车场 |
[07:52] | – How would that even… – So, can I take the afternoon off? | – 这怎么可能… – 我能请一下午假吗? |
[07:55] | I want to work on my hero essay. | 我想接着写我的英雄作文 |
[07:56] | Oh. Uh, sure. | 当然可以 |
[07:58] | Uh, are you still writing about Allen Iverson? | 你还在写艾弗森吗? |
[08:00] | ‘Cause I was just thinking, | 我就是在想 |
[08:01] | maybe there’s another hero in your life | 没准你生活里有另一个 |
[08:03] | you’d rather write about, | 你更想写的英雄 |
[08:04] | someone closer to home? | 更贴近你生活的? |
[08:06] | You mean Uncle Marvin? | 你说马文叔叔吗? |
[08:08] | I do thank you for your service. | 对你一直以来的帮助我真的很感激 |
[08:10] | You want to thank me? Enlist. | 你想要感谢我? 参军吧 |
[08:13] | I was, um, actually thinking even closer to home. | 我其实 在想一个更亲近一点的 |
[08:16] | Maybe an unsung hero you’ve known since birth. | 也许是个你从出生就认识的无名英雄 |
[08:18] | I don’t want to write about Mom. | 我不想写妈妈 |
[08:19] | She already made me do that for Mother’s Day. | 母亲节她就逼我写过了 |
[08:22] | I’ll just stick with A.I. | 我还是写艾弗森吧 |
[08:25] | I’ll be honest, Lou, I’m a little soused, | 说实话 路 我有点醉了 |
[08:27] | but I think maybe you wish that Eddie saw you as his hero. | 但我想你也许希望埃迪把你当成他的英雄 |
[08:31] | Oh, yeah, I did, but I know how I get. | 是啊我想 但我知道我为什么会想 |
[08:33] | I’m probably just overthinking it. | 没准我只是想多了 |
[08:35] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[08:36] | If anything, you’re underthinking it. | 如果有 那也是你想得太少了 |
[08:38] | Nicole used to think of me as her hero, | 妮科尔曾经把我当成她的英雄 |
[08:40] | and then… pfft… Gonzo. | 之后就… 啪… 灰飞烟灭 |
[08:43] | Was it the… uh… | 是因为… 那个… |
[08:45] | What? | 什么? |
[08:46] | The lesbian thing? | 同性恋的事吗? |
[08:47] | No, no. That was great. | 不 不 那个挺好的 |
[08:48] | I don’t know what happened. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[08:49] | You know, I used to fix her car for her. | 你知道 我过去常帮她修车 |
[08:51] | I’d teach her about classic rock. | 我会教她古典摇滚 |
[08:53] | I’m a big Pink Zeppelin fan. | 我是粉红齐柏林的铁粉 |
[08:54] | And then at some point, you know, she just… | 然后到了某个时候 她就… |
[08:57] | stopped seeing me as her hero. | 不再把我当成她的英雄了 |
[08:59] | And then she moved away and… | 然后她就搬走了… |
[09:01] | – we haven’t been as close since. – Really? | – 从那以后我们就没再像以前那样亲密过 – 真的么? |
[09:03] | Hey, if Eddie leaves the house and you’re not his hero, | 如果埃迪长大离家 而你不是他的英雄 |
[09:06] | it’s over. | 就完了 |
[09:08] | But Eddie only has one year of school left. | 但埃迪离毕业就一年了 |
[09:10] | Well, then you have time to turn things around. | 那你还有时间可以扭转局面 |
[09:13] | Hey, and if you don’t, | 如果你没能做到 |
[09:15] | that’s what whiskey is for. | 就得靠威士忌上场了 |
[09:21] | Great job, Ev. | 做得很好 小埃 |
[09:22] | Ev? No, no. His name is Ev-an. | 小埃 不 不 他的名字叫埃文 |
[09:25] | Trust me, I named him myself. | 相信我 我亲自取的名字 |
[09:27] | It’s a new nickname I’m trying out. | 这是我在尝试的新昵称 |
[09:30] | Did your new friends put you up to this? | 是你的新朋友怂恿你这么做的吗? |
[09:32] | Lose it. Presidents don’t have nicknames. | 别瞎取了 总统才没有昵称 |
[09:34] | – What about Abe Lincoln? – Dead. | – 那亚伯林肯呢? – 死了 |
[09:34] | 埃文例举了三位有昵称的美国总统 亚伯·林肯全名亚伯拉罕·林肯 泰迪·罗斯福全名西奥多·罗斯福 吉米·卡特全名詹姆斯·卡特 | |
[09:36] | – Teddy Roosevelt? – Dead. | – 泰迪罗斯福? – 死了 |
[09:37] | – Jimmy Carter? – Ineffective. | – 吉米卡特? – 无效 |
[09:40] | Yes, Ev? | 小埃? |
[09:42] | Actually, Ev is no more. | 这样吧 没有小埃了 |
[09:43] | It’s back to Evan now. | 现在我叫回埃文了 |
[09:44] | May I please be excused to the bathroom? | 我可以去一下洗手间吗? |
[09:46] | Yes. | 可以 |
[09:47] | Remember, sitting down to pee doesn’t make you a lesser boy. | 记住 坐下来小便并不会减少你的男子气概 |
[09:57] | Everything okay? They said it was a family emergency. | 你还好吗? 他们跟我说是家庭紧急情况 |
[09:59] | – It’s our mother. – Oh, God. | – 是我们的妈妈 – 天哪 |
[10:00] | She’s ruining 8th grade for me. | 她简直要毁了我的八年级 |
[10:02] | That’s the emergency? | 这就是紧急情况? |
[10:03] | Remember how hard it was for me after skipping a grade? | 还记得跳级之后那段日子对我来说有多难吗? |
[10:05] | I’m finally starting to fit in, and then Mommy shows up. | 我终于开始适应了 然后妈咪出现了 |
[10:08] | Gentle suggestion? Stop calling her Mommy. | 友情提示? 别再叫她妈咪了 |
[10:10] | She won’t give me any space. | 她完全不给我任何空间 |
[10:11] | She took over my locker, | 她霸占了我的储物柜 |
[10:13] | threw away my “Frivolous” Colored pens, | 扔掉了我”愚蠢的”彩笔 |
[10:15] | and you know what she said | 而且你知道当我提到杰夫的成年礼 |
[10:15] | when I brought up Geoff’s Bar Mitzvah? | 的时候她说了什么吗? |
[10:17] | A boy doesn’t become a ma | 一个男孩直到他挣到他的第一份薪水 |
[10:18] | until he earns his first paycheck. | 才成为一个男人 |
[10:20] | -That’s a “Chinese Bar Mitzvah”. -“Chinese Bar Mitzvah.” | -那是个”中式成人礼”- “中式成人礼” |
[10:23] | I went through something similar | 这跟我参加我朋友玛莎的 |
[10:24] | with my friend Marta’s Quinceanera. | 成人礼那会儿一样 |
[10:25] | So, what should I do? | 我到底该怎么办? |
[10:27] | Just ask Mom to pick a new school. | 叫妈妈挑个别的学校去 |
[10:28] | And interfere with her practicum? | 打断她的实习期? |
[10:30] | I’m a lot of things, but I’m not a saboteur. | 我啥都能干 就是不能破坏她的事业 |
[10:32] | Then just figure out a way to avoid her. | 那就想想办法阻止她啊 |
[10:34] | It’s a big school. | 学校那么大块地儿呢 |
[10:35] | Yeah, I guess. | 行吧 我想想法子 |
[10:36] | Look, I gotta go. | 听着 我得挂了 |
[10:38] | Please don’t tell Mom we talked. | 请千万别和老妈说我们聊过 |
[10:39] | I’m already too involved. | 我知道的已经太多了 |
[10:44] | The office said to come meet you. | 老师让我出来见你 |
[10:45] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事儿了? |
[10:46] | Is it Grandma’s bookie? We gotta move again? | 有人来要奶奶的赌债了吗? 我们又要搬家了? |
[10:49] | What? No. | 啥? 才不是 |
[10:50] | I just thought I’d stop by and say hello and, uh… | 我就是顺道经过打个招呼 然后 呃… |
[10:52] | take you to get Allen Iverson’s autograph. | 带你去拿阿伦·艾弗森的签名照 |
[10:55] | For real? You’re not clowning me? | 真的? 你没耍我吧? |
[10:56] | Lou don’t clown. | 路从不耍人 |
[10:58] | Well, your mother doesn’t always see the whole picture. | 你老妈总是不能顾及到全局 |
[11:00] | Yes, school is important, but so is your happiness. | 没错 学校是很重要 但是你的快乐也很重要 |
[11:03] | You needed someone to swoop in and save the day. | 你需要有人如暴风般席卷而来然后救你于水火 |
[11:05] | I don’t know what you would call someone like that. | 我不知道你会怎么称呼那种人 |
[11:08] | I’d call them awesome. | 我会说他们屌爆了 |
[11:11] | Seed planted. | 种子已被播下 |
[11:13] | Well, nothing but pavement between us and… | 那么 我们之间的道路已被铺平 还有… |
[11:15] | Oh, no! Obstacle! | 哦糟了! 出事了! |
[11:17] | What is it, Dad? | 老爸 啥情况啊? |
[11:18] | Uh, oh, uh… car trouble. | 呃 哦 那啥… 车出了点毛病 |
[11:20] | Now? We’re not gonna make it. | 这时候? 那我们会赶不上的 |
[11:22] | Don’t worry, son. I will get you to that signing. | 别担心儿子 我肯定会让你赶上签名会的 |
[11:24] | Your old man knows his way around | 你老爹知道该怎么搞定 |
[11:25] | the hood area of an automobile. | 汽车引擎盖里的那点事儿 |
[11:29] | Yup. Just what I thought. | 啊哈 果然和我想的一样 |
[11:31] | A cracked flange belt… plug. | 一个破掉的法兰带… 螺栓 |
[11:35] | I’ll have her fixed in a jiff. | 我会火速把它修好的 |
[11:36] | You sure you don’t need any help? | 你确定不用我帮忙吗? |
[11:37] | Oh… Oh, no. Do not come out here. | 不用 你不要下车来 |
[11:39] | But, uh, you know what could help? | 不过呢 呃 你知道有啥能帮上我嘛? |
[11:42] | Some tunes. Hit “Play” on the stereo. | 来几段小曲儿 按一下车载立体声上的”播放”键 |
[11:46] | I need a hero | #我需要一个英雄# |
[11:48] | I’m holding out for a hero till the morning light | #为了这位英雄我会坚守至天明# |
[11:52] | He’s gotta be sure, | #他会立场坚定# |
[11:54] | and it’s gotta be soon | #而这一刻绝不会远# |
[11:55] | And he’s gotta be larger than life | #他的意义更甚于我的生命# |
[11:58] | Larger than life | #他超越了生命本身# |
[12:01] | Oh, no! Oh, no. | 不! 不要啊 |
[12:03] | Damn it, Louis, this is why | 该死 路易斯 这就是为什么 |
[12:04] | you should always stick to air guitar. | 你应该只弹空气吉他 |
[12:09] | Oh. I was thinking we’d buy lunch. | 我还想着我们要买午餐呢 |
[12:10] | Today is pizza day. | 今天吃披萨 |
[12:11] | Yes, but at home, it’s expiration date day. | 原本是 但在家里 今天是打扫临期食品日 |
[12:14] | Quick, eat up before they turn. | 快点 趁它们变质前把它们吃光 |
[12:17] | Mommy, I was thinking… | 妈咪 我觉得吧… |
[12:19] | instead of going to my boring honors classes, | 与其去我那么无聊的重点班 |
[12:21] | maybe you’d be more help with the classes | 也许你在那些有”视觉型学习者”的班上 |
[12:23] | with the “Visual learners.” | 更能发光发热 |
[12:25] | Nope. Sounds bad. | 不要 听起来就没劲儿 |
[12:26] | Hey, guys. | 朋友们 |
[12:27] | Wanna join? Please? | 想一起吃吗? 拜托了? |
[12:29] | Maybe another time, when things are… | 也许还是下一次吧 当情况… |
[12:33] | …different. | … 变了再说 |
[12:36] | You sure you don’t want to switch classes? | 你确定你不想换班吗? |
[12:37] | Consider it a challenge. | 把它视作一个挑战嘛 |
[12:39] | One of the teachers doesn’t even have a lesson plan. | 老师中的一个甚至都没有备课 |
[12:42] | He just makes up facts and plays the guitar. | 他就是瞎说一通然后弹弹吉他 |
[12:44] | Tempting, but I already lined up our schedules | 令人心动 但我已经排好了我们的课程表 |
[12:47] | and turned in my timecard to Principal Hunter. | 并且把我的工时记录卡交给了亨特校长 |
[12:49] | We’re set. | 我们定死了 |
[12:50] | If it were up to me, we’d be in school together forever. | 要是我能做决定 我们就会永远一起上学了 |
[12:53] | Forever. | 永远 |
[12:54] | Go, go, go! | 冲冲冲! |
[12:56] | You call that rowing?! I call it pathetic! | 你这也叫划船吗?! 我看你就是个废物! |
[12:59] | No wonder you’re all still virgins! | 难怪你们都还是处男! |
[13:02] | Sweetie, how are your boom booms? | 宝贝 你的小肚肚怎么样啦? |
[13:06] | This is too cold. | 这个也太冰了 |
[13:08] | I’m gonna go sweet-talk that hairy lunch lady | 我得去和那边的狮子头女餐管说说好话 |
[13:10] | into using the microwave. | 用一用微波炉 |
[13:12] | And a hair net. | 还有让她用发网 |
[13:15] | I must get rid of Mommy. | 我绝对要摆脱掉妈妈 |
[13:18] | Is this whole tape just this one song? | 这卷带子就这一首歌? |
[13:21] | Till the end of the night | #直到夜尽时分# |
[13:22] | Dad, we’re running out of time for the autograph signing. | 爸 我们快没时间参加照片签名会了 |
[13:25] | Uh, don’t worry. It’s just the flux capacitor. | 别担心 只是磁通电容器的问题 |
[13:27] | I’ll have it fixed in a minute. | 我分分钟就能修好 |
[13:29] | I need a hero | #我需要一个英雄# |
[13:33] | Flux capacitor? That’s from “Back to the Future.” | 磁通电容器? 那不是”回到未来”里的吗? |
[13:35] | I thought you said you knew what you were doing. | 我以为你知道自己在做什么 |
[13:37] | Yeah, yeah. I got it. | 是啊 没错啊 我可以的 |
[13:40] | See? | 看? |
[13:40] | Uh… that… | 呃… 那个… |
[13:42] | Why are there so many things in here?! | 这里面为什么这么复杂啊?! |
[13:45] | Alright, I don’t know what I’m doing. | 行吧 我也不知道我在干啥了 |
[13:47] | I was pretending the car broke down, | 我一开始是假装车坏了 |
[13:48] | and then I broke it for real. | 结果我真的把它搞坏了 |
[13:50] | What? Why would you do that? | 啥? 你为什么要这么做? |
[13:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:53] | So you would see me as your hero. | 大概那样你会把我视作你的英雄吧 |
[13:55] | By playing mechanic? | 通过扮演机械修理工吗? |
[13:56] | Well, now I don’t get to meet Allen Iverson. | 行吧 现在我见不到阿伦·艾弗森了 |
[13:58] | Some hero you are. | 你可真是个英雄 |
[14:02] | Aah! Oh, no! Again! | 不要啊! 又来! |
[14:08] | Hunter, | 亨特 |
[14:08] | your microwave destroyed my spoon. | 你的微波炉把我的勺子毁了 |
[14:10] | You owe me a spoon. | 你得赔我个勺子 |
[14:11] | Evan?! | 埃文?! |
[14:13] | Is that my timecard? | 那是我的工时记录卡吗? |
[14:15] | I was just checking your math. | 我只是看看你算得对不对 |
[14:17] | Uh, 10, carry the 1… | 十 再借带个一… |
[14:19] | Oh. Yep, looks good. | 对 看着不错 |
[14:21] | We both know my math doesn’t need to be checked. | 我们都很清楚我的算术不需要检验 |
[14:24] | You need to be checked. | 你倒是很需要检验一番 |
[14:26] | Sneaking into Principal Hunter’s office? | 偷偷溜进亨特校长的办公室? |
[14:29] | Did your new sketchy friends put you up to this? | 是你那些鬼祟的新朋友逼你这么做的吗? |
[14:31] | They didn’t make me. You did! | 他们从不强迫我 是你在逼我! |
[14:33] | I was padding your hours to get you out of school faster. | 我是在加填你的工时表好让你尽快离开学校 |
[14:36] | I don’t want you here! | 我不想你在这儿呆着! |
[14:39] | – You don’t want me here? – No. You’re messing up my life. | – 你不想让我在这呆着? – 不想 你把我的生活弄得一团糟 |
[14:42] | Me?! You’re the one who’s getting detention | 我?! 你才是那个被留堂 |
[14:45] | and breaking into offices. | 还闯进办公室的人 |
[14:47] | This is so unlike you, Evan. | 这太不像你了 埃文 |
[14:48] | Very unpresidential. | 太没有总统风范了 |
[14:50] | Well, except for Nixon. | 不过除了尼克松吧 |
[14:51] | But at least he had the good sense | 但他起码还有点自觉 |
[14:53] | to pay other people to do it! | 知道要雇其他人来干这种事儿! |
[14:54] | We all got detention, but we weren’t late. | 我们都被留堂了 但我们并没有迟到 |
[14:56] | Mr. Marsh is a hardliner from Arizona | 玛什先生是个从亚利桑那州来的强硬派 |
[14:58] | who doesn’t believe in Daylight Savings. | 从不相信还有夏令时这回事 |
[15:00] | You’re still veering off course. | 可你仍然偏离了原有路线 |
[15:02] | That’s why I’m here… To get you back on track. | 那就是我来这的原因… 把你拉回正轨 |
[15:06] | I mean, puka shells, magic tricks, | 我说 普卡贝项链 魔术把戏 |
[15:09] | Geoff with a “G”? | 叫杰奥夫的朋友? |
[15:10] | Well, you’re a jerk with a “J”! | 你就是个大写的混蛋! |
[15:12] | If you really think these puka shells are the problem, here. | 如果你真的觉得这些普卡贝项链才是问题所在 那给你 |
[15:17] | I dare you to not try this on when you’re alone. | 看你自己一个人的时候会不会偷偷试戴 |
[15:27] | Hey. Good news. | 好消息 |
[15:28] | Marvin said he could fix the van. | 马文说他可以把车修好 |
[15:29] | Turns out the problem was I jammed a screwdriver in it. | 原来是我把螺丝刀卡在里面了 |
[15:32] | Looks like you saved the day again. | 说的好像你又一次完美救场了一样 |
[15:33] | Good job, hero. | 干得好啊大英雄 |
[15:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:36] | It’s just that when you chose Allen Iverson | 只是你选择阿伦·艾弗森是最崇拜的英雄 |
[15:38] | for your essay instead of me, I freaked out. | 而没有选我 我吓坏了 |
[15:41] | And then Marvin got in my head, | 然后马文给我洗脑了 |
[15:43] | and with you going off to college so soon… | 而且你这么快就要上大学了 |
[15:46] | I just don’t want us to grow apart. | 我只是不想我们渐行渐远 |
[15:49] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[15:50] | I know. I’m sorry. | 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[15:52] | No, I mean, I can’t believe you’d ever think that. | 不 我是说 我不敢相信你会有这种想法 |
[15:54] | You’ve always been there for me. | 你一直都在支持我 |
[15:56] | You taught me how to drive, gave me my first job, | 你教会了我如何开车 给了我第一份工作 |
[15:58] | helped me with my girl problems… | 帮我解决了女孩的问题 |
[16:00] | I mean, women problems. | 我是说 女人的问题 |
[16:02] | Good catch. | 说得好 |
[16:03] | You have nothing to worry about. | 你没什么好担心的 |
[16:05] | Sure, A.I. Is awesome, but you’re more than a hero. | 是啊 阿伦·艾弗森很棒 但你不仅仅只是一个英雄 |
[16:08] | You’re my dad. | 你是我的父亲 |
[16:10] | I’m always going to need you, | 我永远需要你 |
[16:11] | and we’re never going to grow apart. | 我们永远都不会疏远 |
[16:15] | You want a hug, don’t you? | 你需要一个拥抱 是吗? |
[16:16] | Whatever. I could go either way. | 我都行 怎样我都可以 |
[16:22] | Hey. I have an idea. | 嘿 我有了一个想法 |
[16:24] | Quick, grab your Iversqn. Let’s go. | 快 拿上你的艾佛森肯球衣 我们走 |
[16:28] | Three more minutes on your test, then pencils down. | 距离考试结束还有三分钟 之后请放下笔 |
[16:34] | What’s wrong with Evan? | 埃文怎么了 |
[16:37] | Excuse me, ma’am. Who are you? | 抱歉女士 请问你是谁? |
[16:38] | A concerned parent. | 一个忧虑的家长 |
[16:40] | God, I miss the WASPy coldness of private school parents. | 天啊 我怀念私立学校家长的冷淡。 |
[16:43] | I don’t get it. | 我没懂 |
[16:44] | Evan’s not himself anymore. | 埃文已经不像他自己了 |
[16:46] | He’s ruining his dreams of becoming Doctor-President. | 他在毁了他当医生兼总统的梦想 |
[16:49] | No, he’s not. | 不 他没有 |
[16:50] | Last night, he held a model U.N. With his Beanie Babies. | 昨晚 他还用他的豆豆娃开了个模拟联合国 |
[16:53] | They executed Oinker for war crimes. | 他们以战争罪处决了奥内克 |
[16:55] | But was he wearing his puka shells? | 但是他戴了普卡贝吗? |
[16:57] | Evan’s just getting older and trying new things. | 埃文只是长大了 开始尝试新事物了而已 |
[16:59] | That doesn’t make him a different person. | 这并不会使他成为另一个人 |
[17:00] | But I don’t recognize him anymore. | 但我再也认不出他了 |
[17:03] | Every day, it’s something new. | 每天都有新的变化 |
[17:04] | Mom, 8th grade’s tough. | 妈妈 八年级很难 |
[17:06] | It’s that awkward time before high school. | 是高中前的那个尴尬时刻 |
[17:08] | Remember when I got that zit on my lip | 还记得我嘴唇上长青春痘的时候 |
[17:09] | and no one spoke to me for a week… | 一个星期没人跟我说话 |
[17:11] | At school or at home? | 在学校还是在家里? |
[17:13] | Oh, I popped it in your sleep, | 我趁你睡觉的时候把它们挤了 |
[17:15] | but by morning, it had grown back stronger… | 但是第二天一早 痘痘变得更大了 |
[17:17] | and angrier. | 也更红肿了 |
[17:18] | Evan’s just trying to figure it all out. | 埃文只是想搞清楚 |
[17:20] | If you really want to help him, give him space. | 如果你真的想帮他 就多给他些空间 |
[17:23] | It’s not easy having your mom at school with you. | 妈妈 和你一起上学可不容易 |
[17:26] | Time. Hand your tests forward. | 时间到了 上交你们的试卷 |
[17:29] | “C,” “D,” Not enough information, “A”… | C D 信息不足 A |
[17:34] | Good news, bad news, good news, bad news. | 好消息 坏消息 好消息 坏消息 |
[17:37] | Good news, I got past security | 好消息 我用经典的路易斯·黄假动作 |
[17:39] | with a classic Louis Huang fakeout. | 越过了安保 |
[17:44] | Shark! | 鲨鱼! |
[17:51] | I fell for that, too. | 我也会中招 |
[17:52] | An escaped shark? That’s not what you want. | 一只逃跑的鲨鱼?这可不妙 |
[17:54] | Okay, bad news… | 好吧 坏消息 |
[17:56] | Allen Iverson wouldn’t sign your fake jersey. | 阿伦·艾弗森不愿在你的假篮球衫上签名 |
[17:58] | Agh. Iversqn. That damn “Q.” | 哎 艾佛森 该死的错字 |
[18:00] | Good news… I told him he’s your hero, | 好消息 我告诉他 他是你的英雄 |
[18:02] | and he signed this instead. | 然后他在这上面签了名 |
[18:04] | This is a real jersey. | 这是真的运动衫 |
[18:06] | And it’s game-worn. | 还是比赛时穿的 |
[18:09] | It reeks. | 它好臭 |
[18:10] | Like 46 points. | 就像46分 |
[18:11] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[18:12] | Oop. Last bad news. | 哎呀 最后一个坏消息 |
[18:14] | I have a lifetime ban from all NBA events. | 我终身禁止参加NBA的所有赛事 |
[18:17] | Sorry, son. | 抱歉 小子 |
[18:18] | I gotta remove him from the property. | 我要把他从这里带走 |
[18:20] | But I must say, you got a pretty cool dad. | 但我必须说 你有一个很酷的爸爸 |
[18:23] | The best. | 最好的爸爸 |
[18:26] | Just so you know, I knew there wasn’t a shark. | 跟你说 我知道没有鲨鱼 |
[18:28] | But, you know… safety first. | 但是 安全第一嘛 |
[18:40] | Mommy? What are you doing here? | 妈妈?你在这儿干什么? |
[18:42] | I’m giving you your space. | 我在给你空间 |
[18:44] | So, you crashed my friend’s Bar Mitzvah? | 所以你就不请自来了我朋友的成年礼? |
[18:45] | School wasn’t enough? | 学校还不够吗? |
[18:50] | About that. | 关于这件事 |
[18:51] | It’s possible I may have overreacted. | 我可能反应过度了 |
[18:54] | A little bit. Like just barely. | 一点 只是一点点 |
[18:56] | Barely? | 一点? |
[18:57] | When you showed up with the puka shells on, I panicked! | 当你带着普卡贝出现时 我惊慌失措! |
[19:00] | That’s not the Evan I know. | 这不是我知道的埃文 |
[19:02] | We’re always on the same page. | 我们总是很同步 |
[19:04] | I’m used to you telling me everything… | 我习惯了你告诉我所有的事情 |
[19:06] | What you’re thinking, how your day went, | 你在想什么 你的一天是怎么过的 |
[19:09] | what Grandma writes about me in her journal. | 奶奶在她的日记里怎么写我的 |
[19:11] | I didn’t tell you about the necklace | 我没有告诉你项链的事情 |
[19:13] | because I knew you’d hate it. | 是因为我知道你会讨厌它 |
[19:14] | – You hate a lot of stuff. – I do. | – 你讨厌的东西太多了 – 是的 |
[19:16] | I just want to be able to try things on my own. | 我只是想能自己尝试一些东西 |
[19:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:19] | You have to find out for yourself that things are stupid. | 你必须自己发现有些东西是很愚蠢的 |
[19:23] | And you wonder why I don’t tell you things. | 而你还想知道为什么我不告诉你 |
[19:26] | I’m sorry I called you the J-word. | 我很抱歉我用J开头的词说你 |
[19:30] | “Jerk.” | “混蛋” |
[19:31] | Oh. | 哦 |
[19:33] | I promise to give you your space. | 我保证给你空间 |
[19:36] | But if you ever need the truth, you know where to find me. | 但如果你需要真相 你知道在哪里能找到我 |
[19:40] | Deal? | 成交吗? |
[19:41] | Deal. | 成交 |
[19:43] | I shouldn’t have changed your timecard. | 我不该换你的考勤卡 |
[19:45] | That was a low moment. | 那是个低谷时刻 |
[19:46] | It was, but good news… | 是的 但好消息是 |
[19:48] | No more timecards, no more practicum. | 不再有考勤卡 不再有实习课程 |
[19:50] | What? | 什么? |
[19:51] | Emery’s cranky teacher told me | 埃默里的暴脾气老师告诉我 |
[19:53] | private schools don’t require any of that nonsense. | 私立学校从不搞这些无聊的事情 |
[19:56] | I could become a teacher boss right away! | 我可以立马成为老师老板 |
[19:58] | Mazel tov. | 恭喜 |
[19:59] | That means “Congrats.” | 那是”恭喜”的意思 |
[20:01] | Are you wearing cologne? | 你喷了古龙香水吗? |
[20:03] | CK One. It’s a unisex fragrance. | CK One 是一款中性香水 |
[20:05] | Ohhh, that’s so… | 哦哦 这真是 |
[20:09] | …interesting. | 有意思 |
[20:11] | I know, right? | 确实啊 对吧? |
[20:19] | Hey, Coach, all my life, I’ve wanted to go | 嘿 教练 我的人生愿望就是 |
[20:21] | to your college, university, or institute of technology. | 能进你的学院 大学或技校 |
[20:24] | Now, anyone can send you a video of their dunks, | 是个人都能给你寄他们灌篮的视频 |
[20:27] | but I’m not anyone. | 但我不是一般人 |
[20:29] | Y’all ready for this? | 哟 你准备好了吗? |
[20:30] | Inbound passes. | 界内传球 |
[20:34] | Taking charges. | 阻挡 |
[20:40] | Floor spacing. | 拉开空间 |
[20:43] | Bench support. Hustle up. | 在长凳上支持 快啊 |
[20:45] | Good defense! | 好防守! |
[20:46] | Find the opening. | 找到缺口 |
[20:47] | You got this. | 你懂了 |
[20:48] | C’mon, ref! Are you blind? | 得了吧 主裁判!你是瞎了吗? |
[20:49] | They’re in the zone! Grandma, get out of the street! | 他们在区域内!奶奶 离开街道 |
[20:52] | Thanks for watching. | 谢谢观看 |
[20:53] | Swish! | 嗖嗖嗖! |