时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Which celebrity likes their dumps like a truck? | 哪位名人喜欢俏屁嫩妹? |
[00:04] | Is it “A,” Jerry Seinfeld, | 是A 杰瑞·宋飞 |
[00:07] | “B,” Sugar Ray, | B 甜蜜射线 |
[00:09] | “C,” Sisqó, | C 西斯克 |
[00:11] | or “D,” Frankie Muniz? | 还是D 弗兰奇·莫尼兹? |
[00:14] | Muniz is a sedan man. | 莫尼兹喜欢纤细的女生 |
[00:16] | “C,” Sisqó. | 选C 西斯克 |
[00:17] | And you’re correct. | 回答正确 |
[00:18] | The answer is “C,” Sisqó! | 答案是C 西斯克 |
[00:20] | Dad, you got it right. | 老爸 你答对了 |
[00:22] | And not just because the answer’s always “C.” | 不是因为不会的题都选C |
[00:23] | I really knew it. | 我是真的会 |
[00:24] | You should be on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire.” | 你应该上”百万大赢家” |
[00:26] | No, they’d never pick me for TV. | 不 他们不会让我上电视的 |
[00:28] | I got the hair, but not the pull. | 我有才华 但没人引荐 |
[00:30] | But Mommy was on “Wheel of Fortune.” | 但是妈妈上过幸运之轮 |
[00:31] | Oh, Evan. | 埃文 |
[00:33] | You need to stop comparing my life to your father’s. | 别再拿我跟你爸爸比较了 |
[00:35] | Besides, the Wheel takes physical skill. | 再说了 幸运之轮需要身体技能 |
[00:39] | “Millionaire” Is just knowing lots of stuff. | 而百万大赢家只要知道一大堆东西就行了 |
[00:41] | She’s got you there, Pops. | 你输了 老爹 |
[00:42] | Eh, your mom’s right. | 你妈说得对 |
[00:43] | There’s no way they’d select me. | 他们不会选中我的 |
[00:45] | I’d have to call in, pass the screening process, | 我得报名 通过海选 |
[00:47] | then out of thousands and thousands of callers, | 然后从成千上万报名者中脱颖而出 |
[00:49] | be one out of only ten chosen. | 成为十名选手之一 |
[00:51] | I’m sorry, boys, but there’s no chance | 我也不想 孩子们 但是 |
[00:52] | that I can make it on the show. | 我绝不可能上节目的 |
[00:54] | I made it on the show. | 我上节目了 |
[00:55] | I made it on the show! | 我上节目了! |
[00:57] | Hello, Regis. | 你好 里吉斯 |
[00:58] | Hello, Louis. You made it. | 你好 路易斯 你做到了 |
[01:00] | It’s time to play “Who Wants to be a Millionaire.” | “百万大赢家”现在开始 |
[01:06] | Those nervous gulps are good. | 你紧张到咽口水很好 |
[01:08] | Keep them up. | 保持这个状态 |
[01:09] | Adds to the tension. | 让气氛更紧张些吧 |
[01:29] | Before we begin, how about you introducing yourself to America? | 在我们开始之前 你给国民做一下自我介绍吧 |
[01:32] | Oh, uh, hi. | 大家好 |
[01:34] | Uh, my name is Louis Huang. | 我是路易斯·黄 |
[01:35] | I’m a father to three boys, | 我是三个男孩儿的父亲 |
[01:37] | lover of sunflower seeds in salads… … | 喜欢在沙拉里加葵花籽 |
[01:39] | Really? No mention of… | 不是吧? 都不提… |
[01:40] | …and a husband to a smart and beautiful wife. | 也是一位聪明漂亮女士的丈夫 |
[01:43] | Well, at least he got one answer right. | 至少他答对了一道 |
[01:45] | And what do you do for work, Lou? | 路 你是做什么的? |
[01:46] | Oh, I’m a, uh, business consultant | 我是一名咨询顾问 |
[01:48] | and owner of, uh, Cattleman’s Ranch, | 也是牧场主餐厅的老板 |
[01:50] | located just off I-4 in East Orlando. | 我的店在东奥兰多的I-4路上 |
[01:53] | Wow. A double threat. | 哇 双重身份 |
[01:54] | Like my girl, Kathie Lee. | 就像我女儿 凯茜·李 |
[01:56] | Well, actually, I couldn’t do it without my oldest son, Eddie. | 实际上 我的大儿子埃迪帮了不少忙 |
[02:02] | Uhhh, disaster. Look at these spots. | 大灾难 你看这些斑点 |
[02:05] | We got to throw these out before they infect the knives. | 我们得在刀具被污染前扔掉它们 |
[02:07] | Dude, chill. | 老兄 冷静 |
[02:09] | You just gotta add rinse agent to the dishwasher. | 你只要给洗碗机加点亮碟剂就行了 |
[02:11] | This is what brought down the Sizzler in my hometown. | 我家那边的时时乐牛排就是这么倒闭的 |
[02:15] | Good work, Eddie. | 干得好 埃迪 |
[02:16] | Way to protect that silver. | 你拯救了这些银器 |
[02:18] | I got you, Dad. | 我懂你 老爸 |
[02:19] | Eyes on the coin. | 节约用钱 |
[02:20] | In fact, I went through the books, | 事实上 我看了所有的报表 |
[02:21] | and our profits are up 10%. | 我们的利润上涨了10% |
[02:23] | Really? How? | 真的? 怎么可能? |
[02:24] | I-I mean, good. | 我是说 很好 |
[02:26] | I saw that if we cut back on the garnishes, | 我发现如果我们削减摆盘装饰 |
[02:28] | we can save three cents per plate. | 我们每道菜能省3美分 |
[02:30] | And also I gave the staff some new incentives. | 同时我也给员工提供了新的激励措施 |
[02:32] | – Like what? – Well, every time | – 比如? – 只要一桌顾客 |
[02:34] | a table orders more than four appetizers, | 点了超过四个开胃菜 |
[02:36] | I perform my patented belly-roll for them. | 我就表演我的转肚子绝技 |
[02:38] | Oh, smart. | 聪明 |
[02:39] | I am loving this initiative, Eddie. | 我喜欢这个提议 埃迪 |
[02:41] | Thanks, Dad. I know you’ve been so busy with consulting, | 谢了 老爸 我知道你的咨询事业很忙 |
[02:43] | so I’ve been upping my game. | 所以 我也在尽力做好我的工作 |
[02:45] | I am down for that. | 我很欣赏你 |
[02:49] | Eddie, we got a fifth app over here. | 埃迪 这边点了五个开胃菜 |
[02:51] | Give me a second, Dad. | 等一下 老爸 |
[02:52] | I gotta do my thing. | 我得忙我的了 |
[02:54] | Abs and apps! | 肚肚和菜菜! |
[02:55] | Abs and apps! | 肚肚和菜菜! |
[02:57] | Abs and apps! | 肚肚和菜菜! |
[02:58] | Abs and apps! | 肚肚和菜菜! |
[03:00] | So, Louis, you ready to play? | 路易斯 准备好要选了吗? |
[03:02] | You bet your ass I am! | 百分百准备好了 |
[03:04] | Family show, and away we go! | 家庭秀 现在开始! |
[03:08] | Wow. Regis Philbin. | 哇 里吉斯·菲尔宾 |
[03:11] | Regis “I Can Smile While I Talk” Philbin. | 里吉斯·我能边说边笑·菲尔宾 |
[03:13] | Did you know he’s spent more hours on screen | 你知道吗 他是有史以来 |
[03:14] | than anybody in history? | 在荧幕上工作最长时间的人 |
[03:15] | Sitting in front of a camera is not an achievement. | 坐在相机前并不是什么成就 |
[03:18] | You know who else does that? | 你知道谁也总在相机前吗? |
[03:20] | Newborns and safari animals. | 新生儿和野生动物 |
[03:21] | Both surprisingly lazy. | 两者都懒得惊人 |
[03:23] | Lazy? | 懒? |
[03:24] | You spend three nights stalking prey | 你试试花三个晚上 |
[03:25] | through the Serengeti. | 在塞伦盖蒂平原捕猎 |
[03:26] | Serengeti. | 塞伦盖蒂平原 |
[03:27] | Enough distractions. | 闲聊结束 |
[03:29] | I need to focus to prevent your father | 我得集中精力 |
[03:31] | from losing a million dollars. | 帮你爸赢一百万美元 |
[03:32] | I’m going to signal to him the answers, | 我得给他暗示答案 |
[03:34] | but he’s terrible at charades. | 但是他猜谜技术烂透了 |
[03:36] | The only sign he knows is the hand phone. | 他唯一会的手势就是打电话 |
[03:41] | Between your dad and security confiscating my purse snacks, | 既要看你爸答题 还要担心被保安没收我的零食 |
[03:44] | we’re off to a rough start. | 我们要开始煎熬了 |
[03:46] | Apparently, your idol Regis can’t “Work” | 很显然 如果观众席上有人吃东西 |
[03:49] | if there’s a crunch sound in the audience. | 你的偶像里吉斯就没法工作 |
[03:51] | As a fellow actor, I get it. | 作为一个未来艺人 我懂 |
[03:52] | You need quiet to focus on your craft. | 当你专心致志工作的时候 你需要安静的环境 |
[03:54] | Craft? This is just reading words out loud. | 工作? 这只不过是大声念词罢了 |
[03:57] | You have three lifelines… | 你有三次求救机会 |
[03:58] | 50, Ask-the-Audience, and Phone-a-Friend, | 半对半猜题 询问观众 或者打给朋友 |
[04:02] | where you can call anyone for help. | 你可以打给任何人求助 |
[04:04] | I already got my guy. | 我已经安排好电话助手了 |
[04:05] | Got my encyclopedias, got my phone. | 百科全书有了 电话有了 |
[04:07] | I should practice. | 我应该练习一下 |
[04:09] | Quick, Grandma, say a word. | 快 奶奶 随便说个词 |
[04:11] | Something PG. | 说个能听的 |
[04:13] | Garfield. | 加菲 |
[04:17] | Garfield, James A. | 詹姆斯·艾伯拉姆·加菲尔德 |
[04:19] | 20th President of the United States. | 美国第二十任总统 |
[04:20] | Garfield, grumpy comic strip cat. | 加菲猫 脾气暴躁的漫画猫 |
[04:23] | Fastest book hands in the East. | 东部最快的翻书手 |
[04:26] | All I have to is keep the phone lines clear | 我只需要保证电话不占线 |
[04:28] | and I’ll be… Hi, I’m Alistair Cain the Science Brain, | 然后我就能… 大家好 我是大脑科学家的阿里斯泰·凯恩 |
[04:31] | and for the next hour only, | 接下来一个小时里 |
[04:32] | you can call and ask me any science question you want. | 你可以给我打电话询问任何你想知道的科学问题 |
[04:37] | All proceeds go to Florida Public Television. | 所有收入会捐给佛罗里达公共电视台 |
[04:40] | The conversation will be electric. | 此次谈话会电力十足 |
[04:45] | Alistair Cain the Science Brain? | 大脑科学家的阿里斯泰·凯恩? |
[04:46] | He’s the only person in the world with a PhD | 他是世界上唯一一个既有博士学位 |
[04:49] | and a Florida Kids’ Choice Award. | 又有佛罗里达青少年选择奖的人 |
[04:51] | Why now? | 为什么是现在? |
[04:52] | I could ask him to peer review | 我可以让他先行审查 |
[04:53] | my fruit fly project for the science fair. | 我为科学展览做的果蝇项目 |
[04:57] | I would like to peer review his buns. | 我很乐意同行审查他的屁屁 |
[05:01] | Great. Let’s play “Millionaire.” | 好 “百万大赢家”答题开始 |
[05:04] | First question is always a gimme. | 第一个问题总是送分题 |
[05:06] | Little cookie for the dum-dums. | 给傻瓜们准备的送分题 |
[05:07] | Louis, for $100, | 路易斯 100美元题 |
[05:10] | at what temperature does water boil? | 水的沸点是多少度? |
[05:12] | “A,” 32 degrees Fahrenheit, | A 32华氏度 |
[05:15] | “B,” 0 degrees Celsius, | B 0摄氏度 |
[05:18] | “C,” 100 degrees Celsius, | “C” 一百摄氏度 |
[05:21] | or “D,” The temperature of the sun? | 还是”D” 太阳的温度? |
[05:25] | Oh, God. Which is it? | 天啊 选哪个? |
[05:26] | Emery, quick, what’s the temperature of the sun? | 埃默里 快 太阳多少度? |
[05:28] | Think, Louis. You know this. | 想想 路易斯 你知道的 |
[05:32] | Did you guys not hear the kettle? | 你们就没听到水壶响么? |
[05:33] | It’s been at 100 degrees Celsius for three minutes. | 水已经在一百摄氏度下三分钟了 |
[05:35] | Grandma’s teaching me to make bao zi. | 奶奶在教我做包子 |
[05:37] | It’s sick! Look! | 多棒! 快看! |
[05:38] | Perfect consistency, | 完美的一致性 |
[05:40] | like a lamb’s scrotum. | 就像羊羔的阴囊 |
[05:42] | Okay, Ma. | 行吧 妈 |
[05:43] | Eddie, you’ve shown a lot of devotion to cooking lately. | 埃迪 你最近对烹饪很上心嘛 |
[05:46] | Taking notes? And footnotes? | 在做笔记? 还有脚注? |
[05:48] | Grandma’s never written down a recipe, | 奶奶从来没把食谱写下来过 |
[05:50] | so I thought it’d be good to get them down in case sh… | 所以我想最好把它们记下来 以防… |
[05:54] | Just in case. | 以防万一 |
[05:55] | You know, if you keep up this initiative, | 你懂的 如果你保持这份劲头 |
[05:57] | I may pass the restaurant on to you one day. | 说不定有一天我会把餐馆转交给你 |
[05:58] | Really? You’ll hand me the baton? | 真的吗? 把指挥棒交给我? |
[06:01] | I didn’t do rhythmic gymnastics in college for nothing. | 我在大学里学的艺术体操可不是白学的 |
[06:06] | Well, I know it’s not the sun. | 我知道不是太阳的温度 |
[06:07] | How do you know that? Call Evan. | 你怎么会知道? 给埃文打电话 |
[06:09] | Regis, I’m gonna go with “C,” 100 degrees Celsius. | 雷吉斯 我选C 一百摄氏度 |
[06:12] | Final answer. | 最终答案 |
[06:13] | You’re heating up, Louis, | 你渐入佳境了 路易斯 |
[06:15] | because that’s correct. | 因为你答对了 |
[06:20] | How did I not know that? | 我怎么会不知道? |
[06:22] | Maybe you got stage fright. | 也许你只是怯场 |
[06:23] | It’s normal for amateur thespians. | 这对业余演员来说很正常 |
[06:24] | No, you know what it is? | 不 你知道是什么吗? |
[06:26] | My stolen purse almonds. | 我被偷了的即食杏仁 |
[06:28] | I can’t think without my Omega-6s. | 没有欧米茄6我就不能思考 |
[06:30] | Or is it Omega-3s? | 还是欧米茄3来着? |
[06:32] | Ah, I need my healthy fats. | 我需要健康的脂肪 |
[06:34] | Louis Huang just won $100, | 路易斯黄刚刚赢得了一百美元 |
[06:37] | and we’ll be right back after this. | 稍作休息马上回来 |
[06:39] | MAN: That’s a break, everyone. | 大家休息一下 |
[06:41] | I need to find a vending machine | 在你们爸爸把所有钱都输光之前 |
[06:43] | before your father loses all our money. | 我要找台自动售货机 |
[06:45] | I’ll go with you. I want to drop off my headshots | 我跟你一起去 我想把我的大头照 |
[06:47] | around the studio. | 放几张在演播室里 |
[06:48] | “Brooding” For drama. | “沉思脸”用来演戏剧 |
[06:50] | And “Wacky” For comedy. | “古怪脸”用来演喜剧 |
[06:54] | What took you so long? | 你怎么去了这么久? |
[06:55] | This nut bag got stuck in the coil, | 这个坚果袋卡在线圈里了 |
[06:56] | and I had to spend another 35 cents to get it out. | 我又花了三十五美分才把它弄出来 |
[06:59] | We’re here to win a million dollars, | 我们是来赢一百万美金的 |
[07:00] | not $999,999 and 30 cents. | 不是999,999美元零30美分的 |
[07:04] | Wow. Great math, Mom. | 数学真好 妈妈 |
[07:06] | Those nuts really helped. | 吃坚果确实管用 |
[07:07] | I’m back, baby. | 我回来了 宝贝 |
[07:09] | Sorry, ma’am. | 抱歉 女士 |
[07:09] | No re-entry once you leave the stage. | 从演播厅出来就不能再进去了 |
[07:11] | What? We can’t go back in? | 什么? 我们不能回去了? |
[07:13] | Hold on. I’ve got a “Shocked” In here somewhere. | 等会 我这有张”震惊脸” |
[07:15] | Oh, no. The rest of these are just “Flirty playful.” | 不是吧 剩下的全都是”骚气脸”了 |
[07:21] | Oh, I love a fresh powder. | 我喜欢补妆 |
[07:23] | I feel like Marie Antoinette. | 我觉得自己像玛丽安托瓦内特 |
[07:25] | So, a steakhouse, eh, Lou? | 话说 你开的是牛排餐厅哈 路? |
[07:27] | With all the grills, it must get hot. | 那么多烤架 一定很热 |
[07:29] | Steaming hot, Regis. | 能把人蒸熟 雷吉斯 |
[07:31] | Dad, check it out. | 爸爸 你看看 |
[07:33] | I put some burger pieces | 我往奶奶食谱的包子里 |
[07:34] | inside the bao from Grandma’s recipe. | 放了几块汉堡肉 |
[07:36] | Half Chinese, half American. | 一半中式 一半美式 |
[07:38] | A fusion dish I call the Cow Bao. | 我管这道中西融合菜叫牛包 |
[07:40] | Nice name. Rhyme time is dine time. | 好名字 菜名就得押韵 |
[07:42] | You mentioned how much you liked me taking initiative. | 你说过你有多喜欢我的劲头 |
[07:44] | – I love it. – I thought we could put this on the menu. | – 那必须的 – 我觉得咱们可以把这个列在菜单上 |
[07:48] | No, absolutely not. | 不 坚决不要 |
[07:51] | Just so you know, your chair can spin. | 我跟你说 你的椅子可以转 |
[07:53] | Mine can’t. They put a lock on it. | 我的不行 他们给我锁死了 |
[07:56] | Otherwise, I’d be doing 360s all day. | 不然我能一整天坐这转圈 |
[07:59] | I got the wiggles. | 现在我只能在这扭 |
[08:03] | It does spin. | 还真能转 |
[08:10] | Alright, Louis, | 好了 路易斯 |
[08:11] | for $1,000, | 一千美元的这道题听题 |
[08:12] | what is the common phrase for lateral epicondylitis? | 肱骨外上髁炎的俗名是什么? |
[08:17] | “A,” Tennis Elbow, | “A” 网球肘 |
[08:19] | “B,” Captain’s Knee, | “B” 船长的膝盖 |
[08:21] | “C,” Horizontal Dinosaur, | “C” 水平的恐龙 |
[08:25] | or “D,” Hangover? | 还是”D” 宿醉? |
[08:28] | Lateral epicondylitis? I’ve heard that term before. | 肱骨外上髁炎吗? 我以前听说过这个词 |
[08:32] | Wait, Dad, I thought you wanted me to step up. | 等等 爸爸 我以为你想要我提升自己 |
[08:34] | What’s wrong with putting my Cow Bao on the menu? | 把我的牛包放在菜单上有什么不对吗? |
[08:36] | I don’t want to mess with what’s working. | 我不想把现在的一切搞乱 |
[08:37] | Cattleman’s has been around for five years now. | 牧场主餐厅已经经营了五年了 |
[08:40] | Well, you know what’s been around for longer than five years? | 你知道什么东西存在了五年以上吗? |
[08:42] | China. Thousands of years of history | 中国 几千年的历史 |
[08:44] | which, if you believe her stories, | 反正他们是这么说的 |
[08:46] | Grandma’s been around for half of. | 奶奶已经活过一半了 |
[08:47] | Eddie, we’re a Western steakhouse. | 埃迪 这是一家西式牛排餐厅 |
[08:49] | An Asian fusion dish isn’t our brand. | 亚洲融合菜不是我们的招牌 |
[08:50] | Come on, Dad. I thought you wanted | 拜托 爸爸 我以为你想 |
[08:52] | to pass me the restaurant baton. | 把餐厅的指挥棒递给我 |
[08:53] | You’re kinda being a control freak. | 可你有点控制欲太强了 |
[08:56] | No, I’m not being a control freak. | 不 我不是控制狂 |
[08:58] | It’s just that running a restaurant is a business. | 只是经营餐馆是一门生意 |
[09:00] | Every menu item has been thoroughly researched | 菜单中的每道菜都经过了仔细的研究 |
[09:02] | and taste-tested, mostly by you. | 和口味测试 大多是你做的 |
[09:04] | I have a photographic tongue. | 我有影相味觉 |
[09:05] | I remember every taste. | 我记得每一种味道 |
[09:06] | Eddie, I love your enthusiasm, | 埃迪 我喜欢你的热情 |
[09:08] | but if you’re gonna take over the restaurant, | 但你如果想接手餐厅的话 |
[09:10] | there’s an entire business side you have to learn. | 整个业务方面你就都要学习 |
[09:13] | I hear you, Pops. | 我懂 老爸 |
[09:15] | Trent, what’s with the wing? | 特伦特 你胳膊怎么了? |
[09:16] | Sorry, boss. I don’t think I can work today. | 抱歉 老板 我今天干不了活了 |
[09:18] | Lateral epicondylitis. | 肱骨外上髁炎 |
[09:20] | Bummer. | 太惨了 |
[09:21] | What’s lateral epicurious? | 肱骨外上髁炎是什么? |
[09:22] | Tennis elbow. | 网球肘 |
[09:23] | I tried to wrestle the remote from Trish | 我和崔西抢遥控器 |
[09:25] | and, well, here we are… Lateral epicondylitis. | 然后就这样了… 肱骨外上髁炎 |
[09:29] | Trent, you hefty matchstick, you better be right. | 特伦特 你个大火柴棍 你最好是对的 |
[09:32] | Uh, lateral epicondylitis is “A,” Tennis Elbow. | 肱骨外上髁炎是”A” 网球肘 |
[09:36] | Final answer. | 最终答案 |
[09:39] | Are you Serena Williams? | 你是塞雷娜威廉姆斯吗? |
[09:41] | Because you aced it! | 因为你答对了! |
[09:50] | We gotta get in there. | 咱们得进去 |
[09:51] | You go left, I’ll go right. | 你走左路 我抄右路 |
[09:53] | He’ll take one us, but the survivor | 他会抓到我们一个 但幸存者 |
[09:54] | will always remember the other. | 将永远记住另一个 |
[09:59] | I’ve got a better idea. | 我有更好的办法 |
[10:00] | We’re gonna act our way in. | 我们要演一出戏混进去 |
[10:03] | Me? Act? | 我? 演戏? |
[10:05] | I am no monkey. | 我又不是猴子 |
[10:06] | Honestly, Mom, I’m surprised you’re not | 说实话 妈妈 我很惊讶你 |
[10:07] | more on board with acting. | 对演戏不怎么感兴趣 |
[10:09] | It’s basically manipulation. | 演戏基本上就是操控 |
[10:10] | You bought yourself five seconds. Go. | 你给自己争取到了五秒钟 说吧 |
[10:12] | You put on a performance and control the audience… | 你演一出戏控制住观众… |
[10:15] | Manipulation. | 操控 |
[10:18] | Okay, let’s act our way in. | 好吧 咱们靠演戏进去 |
[10:20] | I may have to smile. Don’t be alarmed. | 我可能不得不微笑 别慌 |
[10:25] | So, I need to call Alistair Cain the Science Brain, | 所以 我要给科学大脑亚里斯特凯恩打电话 |
[10:27] | but I have to keep the line open in case Dad calls. | 但我要保证电话能接通以防爸爸打过来 |
[10:30] | So, can I use your phone? | 所以 我能用你的电话吗? |
[10:32] | Yeah, sure. But remember this | 可以 但下次我想借你的皮带时 |
[10:33] | next time I want to borrow one of your belts. | 请记得今天 |
[10:35] | Hey, kid. Think fast. | 小子 看招 |
[10:39] | Just what the world needs… Another indoor kid. | 这才是这个世界需要的… 家里有另一个孩子 |
[10:42] | Wait, which one is ours? | 等会 哪个是我们家的? |
[10:44] | Why are these phones identical? | 这俩电话为什么长得一样? |
[10:46] | Oh, your mom found a killer two-for-one deal | 你妈妈发现了一个超级划算的活动 |
[10:49] | on cordless phones. | 无线电话买一送一 |
[10:50] | She got them and gave me one… | 她买下来之后给了我一个 |
[10:52] | for $5 off full price. | 原价减5块卖给我的 |
[10:54] | Why is Mommy such a genius? | 妈妈真是个天才! |
[10:56] | Louis, for $8,000, | 路易斯 8000美元题 |
[10:59] | how many hearts does an octopus have? | 章鱼有几个心脏? |
[11:01] | Is it “A,” Two, | A 两个 |
[11:03] | “B,” Three, | B 三个 |
[11:04] | “C,” Eight, | C 八个 |
[11:05] | or “D,” 30? | 还是D 30个? |
[11:08] | Where have I seen an octopus? | 我记得在哪儿看见过章鱼 |
[11:12] | An octopus has three hearts, | 章鱼有三个心脏 |
[11:14] | so it represents the three loves of my life… | 它们代表了我生命中三个挚爱 |
[11:15] | My son, CB radio, and octopus. | 我儿子 民用无线电和章鱼 |
[11:19] | That’s very strange, Chestnut. | 你真奇怪 切斯特纳特 |
[11:20] | Oh, uh, lower back tattoos | 后腰上的纹身 |
[11:22] | were actually very masculine in the ’80s. | 在80年代可是非常展现男子气概的 |
[11:24] | They called them “Champ stamps.” | 人们都叫它”冠军标志” |
[11:27] | Pops, I thought about what you said | 老爸 我想了想你说的 |
[11:28] | and did some research on why the Cow Bao | 然后做了点研究去证明 |
[11:30] | will work at Cattleman’s. | 为什么牛包在我们店里能受欢迎 |
[11:32] | It’s the year 2000. | 这是2000年 |
[11:33] | Fusion is hot right now. | 现在正流行世界融合 |
[11:35] | There’s a 63% uptick in Asian cuisine popularity. | 亚洲美食的受欢迎度上升了63% |
[11:38] | People are learning that dumplings | 大家慢慢知道饺子 |
[11:39] | aren’t just a term of endearment. | 不只用作爱称 |
[11:41] | You ran these numbers? | 这些数据你都算过了? |
[11:42] | I did. You know how we cut our square burger patties | 是的 你想想我们是怎么把方形汉堡肉饼 |
[11:44] | to make them circles? | 切成圆形的 |
[11:45] | We can use the corner meat for the Cow Bao. | 剩下来的边角料正好当做牛包的肉馅啊 |
[11:47] | We’re literally cutting corners. | 我们绝对是在走捷径啊 |
[11:49] | Okay, but this is a big swing, Eddie. | 行吧 但这真的是一个很大的变化啊 埃迪 |
[11:51] | I’m not sure our clientele will be able to adjust. | 我不知道顾客能不能适应 |
[11:54] | I thought the same thing. | 这我也想过 |
[11:55] | So I put it to the test. | 所以我就测试了一下 |
[11:57] | How much are these Cow Baos? | 这些牛包多少钱? |
[11:59] | $10? $20? | 10美元还是20美元? |
[12:00] | I’d pay a hundred. | 100美元我都愿意付 |
[12:01] | This is gold. | 这太好吃了 |
[12:02] | Fusion, huh? | 融合是吗? |
[12:03] | I feel so cultured. | 我嘴里感觉满满的世界文化 |
[12:04] | The bun catches the meat juice, | 包子皮锁住了肉汁 |
[12:06] | just like the name catches my imagination. | 就像菜名锁住了我的眼睛 |
[12:07] | Gotta put this on the menu, boss. | 老板 一定得把这道菜加到菜单上 |
[12:12] | Okay, sure. Why not? Let’s add it. | 好啊 为什么不呢? 加上去吧 |
[12:15] | To think, this all started | 回想起来 这一切都是 |
[12:16] | with a little bit of meat that fell on the floor. | 由掉在地上的一点点肉引起的 |
[12:19] | Louis, we need an answer. | 路易斯 我需要你的答案 |
[12:21] | How many hearts does an octopus have? | 章鱼有几个心脏? |
[12:23] | Oh, uh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:24] | Um… “B,” Three. | B 三个 |
[12:26] | Final answer. | 不改了 |
[12:28] | This guy might have three brains because… | 这家伙可能有三个大脑用来思考 |
[12:31] | he’s right! | 因为他又答对了! |
[12:33] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[12:37] | Just follow my lead. | 听我指挥 |
[12:39] | Oh, hi, there, Ronnie. | 嗨 罗尼 |
[12:40] | It’s just me, old tired lighting technician, Gary. | 是我啊 又老又累的灯光维修师加里 |
[12:43] | I need to go back there and fix spotlight 43. | 我得去后台修一下43号灯光 |
[12:46] | 43? 43? | |
[12:48] | She’s trouble, man. | 棘手啊 老兄 |
[12:50] | Alright, come in. | 好的 进来吧 |
[12:51] | Uh, w-who’s your friend here? | 你这朋友是谁? |
[12:54] | My colleague, Esther. | 我同事 艾斯特 |
[12:55] | She grew up on a soybean farm and… | 她在大豆农场长大 |
[12:56] | Colleague? No, no. | 同事? 不不不 |
[12:57] | I am the boss. | 我是老板 |
[12:59] | What George was saying… | 乔治刚才说的… |
[13:00] | – Gary. – …was a lie. | -我叫加里 -都是在撒谎 |
[13:01] | He’s my assistant. | 他是我助理 |
[13:02] | I don’t have colleagues. | 我没有同事 |
[13:04] | I have employees. | 只有员工 |
[13:05] | Employees who lie. | 说谎的员工 |
[13:09] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[13:10] | Acting. | 演戏 |
[13:11] | I changed the script because it’s not believable | 我改了剧本因为它太假了 |
[13:13] | that we’re colleagues. I birthed you. | 我们怎么可能是同事? 我生了你 |
[13:15] | He was about to let us in. | 他刚才都准备让我们进去了 |
[13:16] | Was he? | 是吗? |
[13:17] | Honestly, I don’t know why you like acting so much. | 说真的 我不知道你为什么这么喜欢演戏 |
[13:20] | It’s fun. | 因为演戏很有趣 |
[13:21] | It’s a waste of time. | 演戏就是在浪费时间 |
[13:23] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:27] | Sorry, Ronnie, I just need to get back there | 抱歉罗尼 我得赶紧到后台去 |
[13:29] | and fix 43 before it becomes a problem for Regis. | 把43号灯光修好 不然会给雷吉斯造成麻烦 |
[13:32] | Oh, man, this is light 64 all over again. | 天哪 希望别是64号灯光事件的重演 |
[13:36] | Come on in. Yeah. | 进来吧 |
[13:37] | Hey, wait. | 等一下 |
[13:38] | What about her? | 她怎么办? |
[13:40] | She’s not with me. | 她不是跟我一起的 |
[13:43] | George, wait! | 乔治 等等! |
[13:44] | Okay, Marvin’s gonna call George, wait! | 马文会用他车里的手机 乔治 等等! |
[13:44] | Okay, Marvin’s gonna call | 马文会用他车里的手机 |
[13:45] | from the cellular phone in his car, | 打电话过来 |
[13:47] | and then we’ll know which phone is which. | 这样我们就能知道哪个是哪个了 |
[13:50] | Dad? Regis? | 爸? 雷吉斯? |
[13:51] | It’s Marvin | 是马文 |
[13:52] | on the car phone, with my car Scotch. | 喝着我爱车上的威士忌 给你打电话呢 |
[13:56] | Sounds like your problem. | 得你处理 |
[13:57] | Mm-hmm. Yeah. Hey. | 好的 |
[14:00] | Better do a quick test and see if the “Millionaire” Lifeline | 我最好再快速测试一下 看”百万大赢家”这条生命线 |
[14:02] | is still getting a signal. | 还能不能接收到信号 |
[14:04] | Here’s my question, Science Brain… | 科学大脑 我的问题是 |
[14:07] | That globe work on your man parts? | 那个玻璃球在你小弟弟上还管用吗? |
[14:12] | Mm, question answered. | 好的 我知道答案了 |
[14:14] | Grandma, get off the phone. | 奶奶 快把电话挂了 |
[14:17] | After a quick break, Louis will be going for $32,000. | 广告之后 路易斯将会挑战价值32000美元的题 |
[14:21] | Break time. | 进广告 |
[14:22] | Hey, since we have a second here, | 既然在休息 |
[14:25] | let’s meet your family. | 让我见见你的家人吧 |
[14:26] | Oh, sure thing. | 好的 |
[14:26] | They’re right over, uh… | 他们就在那儿 呃… |
[14:29] | Eddie, come here. | 埃迪 过来 |
[14:32] | Oh, Louis, is this your father? | 路易斯 这是你爸? |
[14:35] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑 |
[14:36] | So tall. | 个子真高 |
[14:37] | You must be Eddie. | 你一定就是埃迪了 |
[14:38] | You help at the restaurant. | 你在餐厅帮忙对吧? |
[14:39] | Sure do, Mr… Reeg. | 是的 雷吉先生 |
[14:41] | We’ve got a new fusion dish I’ve been working on. | 我们正在研究一个中西融合的菜品 |
[14:43] | It’s a steamed bun with burger meat inside it… | 是蒸包子皮夹汉堡肉 |
[14:46] | The Cow Bao. Wow. | 叫牛包 |
[14:47] | I’m hungry for a Cow Bao now. | 我现在就想吃一个牛包 |
[14:49] | Maybe you can mention it on air. | 你可以在节目上提一句 |
[14:50] | I love it. | 我很乐意 |
[14:51] | The filler they write for me is garbage. | 他们给我写的串词简直糟透了 |
[14:53] | Oh, no, that’s too kind. We don’t need you to do that. | 你太客气了 真的不用麻烦你 |
[14:56] | But it’d be great publicity. | 这可是绝佳的宣传机会啊 |
[14:57] | How many people watch this show? | 这节目有多少人看? |
[14:59] | About 28 million. | 大概2800万人 |
[15:00] | – What? – Daaamn! | -什么? -哇靠! |
[15:02] | Dad, come on. | 爸 别这样 |
[15:03] | Uh, better to just keep our heads down | 我们还是低调点 |
[15:05] | and let our food do the talking. | 以菜品服众 |
[15:06] | We don’t want to over-promise. | 我们不想过多承诺 |
[15:07] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[15:08] | I don’t want to false advertise. | 我不想打虚假广告 |
[15:09] | How is it false advertising? | 怎么就成虚假广告了? |
[15:10] | Because it’s not going on the menu. | 因为我不会在菜单上加上这道菜 |
[15:12] | What? | 什么? |
[15:14] | So I was right. You are a control freak! | 我说对了 你就是控制狂! |
[15:16] | No, I just don’t want some dumb Chinese dish on our menu. | 我只是不想让什么愚蠢的中国菜出现在我们菜单上 |
[15:22] | And, uh, we’re back. | 欢迎回来 |
[15:28] | Folks, due to some technical difficulties | 各位 由于一些技术困难 |
[15:30] | that don’t involve contestants and their sons, | 跟参赛者和他的儿子没有关系 |
[15:33] | we’ll return after this. | 稍后我们再见 |
[15:36] | Now, there’s nothing more important | 没有什么比 |
[15:38] | than a parent-child relationship, | 亲子关系更重要 |
[15:39] | so I want you two to figure this out. | 所以我希望你们俩能把这个问题解决了 |
[15:43] | You’ve got 90 seconds. | 给你们90秒 |
[15:47] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[15:48] | Are you ashamed of Chinese food? | 中国食物让你引以为耻吗? |
[15:50] | Of our culture? | 还有我们的文化? |
[15:50] | No, of course not. It’s just… | 没有 当然没有 只是… |
[15:52] | I thought you were being a control freak, | 我以为你只是个控制狂 |
[15:54] | but it’s even worse than that. | 没想到实际上比那更糟 |
[15:56] | You’re a sellout. | 你是个叛徒 |
[15:58] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[16:00] | This can’t be done. | 这个可真搞不定啊 |
[16:01] | Ronnie, look at me. | 罗尼 看着我 |
[16:04] | Do you like salty snacks? | 你喜欢咸味小零食吗? |
[16:08] | Let me in, and we’ll talk. | 让我进去 我们就有的谈 |
[16:09] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[16:13] | Fixed the light, but Regis needs you | 灯光调好了 但是雷吉斯需要你 |
[16:14] | to bounce a guy in Section G. | 调一个人去G区 |
[16:16] | Crunchy snacks. I’ll cover for you. | 酥脆零食的事 我会替你打掩护的 |
[16:18] | My God. | 我的天哪 |
[16:20] | Thanks for coming back to get me. Let’s go. | 多谢你回来接我 走吧 |
[16:22] | No, I came back because I wanted to talk. | 不 我回来只是因为我想和你谈谈 |
[16:25] | Fun fact… you can talk anywhere. Now let’s go. | 有意思… 想谈什么时候都可以 现在我们还是先走吧 |
[16:27] | I’ll only let you in if you admit | 除非你承认表演并不是浪费时间 |
[16:28] | acting is not a waste of time. | 我才会让你进去 |
[16:30] | It means a lot to me, Mom. Really. | 那对我来说很重要 妈妈 真的 |
[16:33] | Acting is not a waste of time. | 表演不是浪费时间 |
[16:35] | Then why do you always insult it? | 那你为什么总是贬低它? |
[16:37] | I guess I never liked you acting | 我想我不喜欢你去表演 |
[16:39] | because… well, I never liked it. | 是因为… 我就不喜欢表演本身吧 |
[16:42] | To me, acting is just people lying, | 对我来说 表演不过就是一堆人互相扯谎 |
[16:44] | which my father did too much of when I was growing up. | 而这种事我爸做的多了 贯穿了我的整个少年时代 |
[16:48] | He would disappear for months on end, | 他会好几个月都不见人影 |
[16:50] | only to return smelling like women’s perfume | 回来的时候身上带着陌生女人的香水味 |
[16:54] | and cheap booze. | 还有廉价的酒味 |
[16:56] | How could he do that to Mom, to all of us? | 他怎么可以这样对待妈妈 对待我们这些家人? |
[17:00] | I never knew that. | 我从来不知道这些 |
[17:02] | That’s because I made it up. | 因为那都是我编的 |
[17:04] | Did you just… manipulate me? | 你刚刚是不是… 故意操纵了我? |
[17:06] | No, I just acted you. | 没 我只是在演你 |
[17:09] | Truth is, I know how many people | 事实上 我知道有多少人 |
[17:11] | try to make it as an actor and fail, | 试图成为一个演员却失败了的 |
[17:14] | and I don’t want you to go through that. | 而我不想让你承受那些 |
[17:16] | But if you decide acting’s what you want, | 但是如果你决定把表演当作你的理想 |
[17:19] | I can act like I’m okay with it. | 我能演得像我完全可以接受一样 |
[17:22] | Colleague Gary. | 加里同事 |
[17:24] | Thanks, Esther. | 谢谢 艾斯特 |
[17:26] | It’s good to have fake names | 如果你爹在那让我们丢了脸 |
[17:27] | should your father embarrass us out there. | 那我们最好还是用假名字称呼对方 |
[17:31] | Louis, let’s tackle a problem I can actually solve. | 路易斯 来回答一个我真的能搞定的问题吧 |
[17:33] | Are you really ashamed to serve Chinese food? | 你是真的以提供中国食物为耻吗? |
[17:36] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[17:38] | I guess it goes back to when | 我想这可以追溯到 |
[17:40] | I was first starting my restaurant. | 我最开始开饭馆的时候 |
[17:46] | Another strip club, closed. | 又一家脱衣舞俱乐部倒了 |
[17:47] | It’s a shame. | 太遗憾了 |
[17:48] | They had a great iceberg wedge. | 他们的卷心莴苣沙拉特别好吃 |
[17:49] | Anyway, thought it’d be great for your restaurant. | 不管怎么说吧 我觉得你饭馆开这准没错 |
[17:51] | Mm. I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我… |
[17:53] | Uh, I know what you’re thinking, and I already checked. | 我知道你在想啥 我已经检查过了 |
[17:55] | The poles are not structural. | 那些舞杆不属于建筑结构上的 |
[17:57] | Then I guess it could work. | 那我觉得没问题了 |
[17:59] | I’m really gonna start a restaurant. | 我真的就要开一家饭馆啦 |
[18:00] | What are you gonna call it? | 你准备给饭馆起什么名? |
[18:01] | Chinese Wok? Bamboo Gardens? | 中式炒菜? 竹园? |
[18:03] | Uh, why would you assume… | 呃 为啥你说的都是… |
[18:04] | No, you’re right. Terrible pitches. | 你是对的 听着就糟糕 |
[18:05] | No… Ooh! Wok Gardens? | 不行的话… 噢! 锅园? |
[18:06] | No. Garden Bamboo. | 不好 园中竹 |
[18:08] | I am not opening a Chinese restaurant. | 我开的不是中餐馆 |
[18:10] | I am opening the most American of all restaurants… | 我开的是美国最常见不过的饭馆… |
[18:13] | A western-themed steakhouse. | 一家西方主题的牛排馆 |
[18:14] | Yee-haw! I love it. | 呀-呼! 我喜欢 |
[18:16] | So, are the fortune cookies gonna look like | 所以 饭馆里的幸运饼干是不是都做得像 |
[18:17] | little cowboy hats? | 小牛仔帽? |
[18:20] | I’m not a sellout. | 我不是个叛徒 |
[18:22] | I didn’t want people to assume I’d open a Chinese restaurant | 我只是不想让人们因为我是个华裔 |
[18:24] | just because I’m Chinese. | 就觉得我开的是中餐馆 |
[18:26] | I’m American, too. So are my boys. | 我也是个美国人啊 我的儿子们也是 |
[18:28] | I want them to know they’re more than just one thing. | 我想让他们明白 他们是有多重身份的 |
[18:31] | Seems like Eddie got the message. | 看来埃迪已经领会到了 |
[18:33] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思? |
[18:33] | Your boy’s making Chinese cheeseburgers. | 你儿子在做中式汉堡 |
[18:36] | He’s embracing being Chinese and American. | 他身上融合了中国与美国的元素 |
[18:40] | A fusion. | 一个混合体 |
[18:42] | Thanks for the talk, Regis. | 多谢你的开解 雷吉斯 |
[18:44] | That’s why Regis asks the questions. | 这就是为什么雷吉斯是问问题的那个人 |
[18:49] | We’re back. | 我们回来了 |
[18:50] | Louis, next question is for $32,000. | 路易斯 下一个问题的奖金将达到三万两千美元 |
[18:53] | What part of a computer processes memory? | 计算机的哪个部件负责处理内存? |
[18:56] | Is it “A,” Monitor, | 是”A” 显示屏 |
[18:59] | “B,” RAM, | “B” 随机存取存储器 |
[19:00] | “C,” Hard Drive, | “C” 硬盘 |
[19:02] | or “D,” Gizmos? | 还是”D” 编辑器辅助工具? |
[19:05] | Mm. Well, I know monitors, RAMs, and gizmos are all animals, | 我只知道显示屏 随机存取存储器 还有编辑器辅助工具都挺重要的 |
[19:08] | so… I might need some help on this. | 所以… 我这题也许要别人帮我一下 |
[19:13] | Regis, I’d like to use my Phone-a-Friend | 雷吉斯 我申请用场外援助 |
[19:14] | to call my son. | 打电话给我儿子 |
[19:15] | Grandma Jenny Huang, get off the phone! | 珍妮·黄奶奶 挂掉电话! |
[19:18] | Shh! I stole this from your mother. | 嘘! 我这面膜可是从你妈那偷拿来的 |
[19:21] | Thank God you’re off the phone, | 感谢上帝你总算挂了 |
[19:22] | ’cause Dad could call any second. | 爸爸随时都可能打电话给我 |
[19:25] | Hello, Regis, | 你好雷吉斯 |
[19:26] | you’re the best part of my morning! | 你的到来是我这上午最美妙的时刻! |
[19:28] | Hi, I’m a producer at Warner Bros. | 你好 我是华纳兄弟的一个制作人 |
[19:29] | Calling for Emery Huang? | 请问埃默里·黄在吗? |
[19:31] | We got his “Brooding” headshot | 我们收到了他的”沉思者”大头照 |
[19:33] | and want him to audition for a “Harry Potter” movie. | 想让他来参加哈利·波特”电影的试镜 |
[19:35] | No, I’m trying to play “Millionaire”! | 不在 我正要参加”百万大赢家”! |
[19:36] | Never call again! | 别再打来了! |
[19:38] | My oldest son, Eddie Huang. | 我的大儿子 埃迪·黄 |
[19:44] | Eddie, I’m sorry. | 埃迪 我很抱歉 |
[19:46] | I’m not ashamed of being Chinese. | 我并不以我是个中国人为耻 |
[19:48] | When I started the restaurant, I wanted to be seen as American, | 我最初开饭馆的时候 是想被视作一个美国人 |
[19:50] | but now I realize it doesn’t have to be one or the other, | 但现在我意识到 其实不用非要站某一边的 |
[19:53] | and that’s a lesson you didn’t even have to learn, | 而这堂课你甚至都不必学 |
[19:56] | and that makes me happy. | 这让我很高兴 |
[19:58] | When the time comes, | 当时机到了的时候 |
[19:59] | I’d be honored if you took over Cattleman’s Ranch. | 我会很荣幸地将牧场主餐厅交给你继承 |
[20:05] | Which is located off the I-4 in East Orlando. | 它就在奥兰多市东区的I-4公路旁 |
[20:08] | And now proudly serves the Cow Bao. | 现在将很自豪地提供牛包 |
[20:11] | Louis, beautiful. | 路易斯 干得漂亮 |
[20:13] | Just beautiful. | 真的漂亮 |
[20:14] | You have five seconds left. | 你还有五秒钟 |
[20:17] | Oh, um… Eddie, what do you think? | 埃迪 你怎么想? |
[20:19] | It’s as you said, Dad… The answer is always “C.” | 就如你所说 爸爸… 答案是”C” |
[20:23] | Thanks, son. | 谢了 儿子 |
[20:24] | Regis, “C,” Hard Drive. Final answer. | 雷吉斯 我选”C”硬盘 最终答案 |
[20:28] | Oh, Lou. | 哦 路 |
[20:29] | I’ve enjoyed our time together, | 我很享受和你一起的时光 |
[20:31] | but the answer is… | 但是答案是… |
[20:32] | “B,” RAM. | “B” 随机存取储存器 |
[20:34] | But hey, more important than winning $32,000 | 但是 嘿 比起赢到三万两千美金 |
[20:37] | is winning back your son, right? | 赢回了你儿子才更重要 对吗? |
[20:40] | – Totally. – Totally. | – 没错 – 是啊 |
[20:46] | I can’t believe you used your lifeline on Eddie. | 我简直不敢相信你居然把宝压在埃迪身上 |
[20:48] | His crowning achievement is sneezing and farting | 他最大的成就也就是能同时打喷嚏和放屁 |
[20:50] | at the same time and then calling it a “Snart.” | 还管那叫什么”喷嚏屁” |
[20:53] | Sorry for losing a million dollars, guys. | 抱歉 失去了一百万美元 伙计们 |
[20:55] | You were nowhere near a million. | 你离一百万还差得远好吧 |
[20:58] | Don’t worry, Louis. Money isn’t everything. | 别担心路易斯 钱不是万能的 |
[21:02] | Acting? | 演戏吗? |
[21:03] | Acting. | 废话 |
[21:05] | Seven orders of Cow Baos. | 七个牛包的订单上了 |
[21:06] | Eddie, you owe us a belly roll later. | 埃迪 你等下欠我们一个腹滚翻哈 |
[21:08] | Please, because Chestnut’s been filling in. | 拜托了 因为切斯特纳特横插一脚进来了 |
[21:10] | You ordered the turf. I’m providing the surf. | 牛肉一叫 海鲜来到 |
[21:14] | Here you go. | 您瞧好嘞 |
[21:16] | Phone call for you, Grandma H. | 有你的电话 黄奶奶 |
[21:18] | Hello? | 你好? |
[21:19] | Jenny, I’m outside. | 珍妮 我在外面 |
[21:20] | I got the globe. | 我拿到那个球了 |