时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Hey, guys. | 大家好 |
[00:06] | So, what do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[00:11] | – About what? – What? | -什么啊 -什么 |
[00:13] | Are you kidding? Okay, I’ll give you a hint. | 开玩笑吗你们 好吧我给你们一个提示 |
[00:19] | Eyes. No, no. Your eyes! No. | 眼睛 不 你的眼睛 不 |
[00:22] | Chandler’s eyes! | 钱德勒的眼睛 |
[00:25] | I got glasses. | 新眼镜 |
[00:27] | You always had glasses. | 你一直都戴眼镜 |
[00:33] | No, I didn’t. | 我才没有 |
[00:35] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[00:38] | didn’t you have a pair? | 以前你没有戴眼镜吗 |
[00:40] | They were really round and burgundy, | 紫红色圆形的那副 |
[00:42] | and they made you look kind of… | 你戴上之后看起来有点 |
[00:45] | – Feminine. – Yes! | -女性化 -对 |
[00:47] | No. | 才没有 |
[00:48] | I think the glasses look great. You look sexy. | 眼镜好看 你戴了很性感 |
[00:51] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -对 |
[00:53] | You didn’t think I wore glasses, right? | 你没以为以前我戴眼镜吧 |
[00:55] | Of course. | 当然没有 |
[01:06] | So no one told you life was gonna be this way | 没人告诉你生活会是这样 |
[01:11] | your jobs a joke, you’re broke, | 你滑稽的工作 你的差劲 |
[01:13] | your love life’s D.O.A. | 你半途而废的爱情 |
[01:16] | It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear, | 就像开车卡在二档 |
[01:20] | And it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, | 每日每周每月 |
[01:23] | or even your year, but | 甚至每年都是如此 |
[01:26] | I’ll be there for you, | 大雨倾盆时 |
[01:29] | when the rain starts to pour. | 我会陪伴你 |
[01:31] | I’ll be there for you, | 我会陪伴你 |
[01:34] | like I’ve been there before. | 像我以前那样 |
[01:36] | I’ll be there for you, | 我会陪伴你 |
[01:39] | ’cause you’re there for me too. | 因为你也陪伴着我 |
[01:53] | What do you want for an engagement gift? | 订婚礼物你们想要什么 |
[01:56] | That’s okay, we’re not having a party… | 没关系 我们不办订婚派对 |
[01:58] | …so you don’t have to get us… | 所以你们不必送我们 |
[02:01] | If someone wants to give us a present, | 果有人想送我们礼物 |
[02:03] | we can’t deprive them of that joy. | 我们不该剥夺他们的快乐 |
[02:06] | You should get them a little CD player. | 你应该送他们小型CD播放机 |
[02:09] | I already have one. | 我已经有一台了 |
[02:10] | Unless someone borrowed it and left it at the gynecologist. | 除非有人借走了你那台 还丢在了妇产科医生那 |
[02:17] | Yeah, and by “Someone” she means Joey. | 她说”有人” 其实指的是乔伊 |
[02:22] | I know what I want! | 我知道我要什么 |
[02:23] | – What we want, honey. – No, you don’t want this. | -是我们要什么 -亲爱的 你不会想要这个的 |
[02:27] | I want your grandmother’s cookie recipe. | 我要你外婆的饼干食谱 |
[02:30] | You mean the chocolate chip cookie recipe? | 你是说巧克力碎片饼干的食谱吗 |
[02:33] | The one my grandma made me swear on her deathbed… | 是那个我外婆临死前让我发誓 |
[02:36] | …that I would never let out of our family? | 一定不能外传的食谱吗 |
[02:39] | Dying people say the craziest things. | 快死的人都会胡言乱语 |
[02:44] | I’ve wanted it for years. | 多年来我一直想得到它 |
[02:45] | I was gonna make cookies for my children. | 我要做给我的孩子吃 |
[02:48] | Break my heart. Oh, all right. | 真是割我心头肉啊 好吧 |
[02:51] | I’ll be the mom | 我即将成为 |
[02:53] | who makes the world’s best chocolate chip cookies. | 会做全世界最好吃巧克力饼干的妈妈 |
[02:55] | Our kids are gonna be fat, aren’t they? | 看来我们的孩子会是胖子 |
[03:00] | Ahoy! | 啊喂 |
[03:02] | – How’s the boat? – I’m getting into this sailing stuff. | -船上玩得怎么样 -出海真不错啊 |
[03:05] | You finally took it out of the marina? | 这次你终于驾船驶出码头了 |
[03:07] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做 |
[03:10] | It took three guys to get the thing in there. | 我找了3个人才把它送进码头 |
[03:13] | If you don’t sail it, what do you do on it? | 如果你不想开它出海 你在船上都做些什么呢 |
[03:16] | It’s a great place to just sit… | 光是坐在那里就很舒服了 |
[03:18] | …hang around, drink a few beers, eat some chips. | 我什么都不做 就喝啤酒吃薯片 |
[03:23] | It’s good that you finally have a place to do that. | 恭喜你终于找到可以做这些事的地方了 |
[03:27] | I could teach you to sail if you want. | 如果你想 我可以教你驾船 |
[03:29] | – You could? – I’ve been sailing my whole life. | -你会驾船 -我从小就开始驾船了 |
[03:32] | When I was 15, my dad bought me my own boat. | 我十五岁时 我爸送我一艘船 |
[03:36] | – Your own boat? – He was trying to cheer me up. | -你有一艘船 -不行吗 他想要安慰我 |
[03:39] | My pony was sick. | 我的小马生病了 |
[03:52] | – You know what I was thinking? – What? | -你知道我在想什么吗 -什么 |
[03:54] | Nothing, I just like to go like this. | 没事 就是想这么做 |
[03:58] | – What are you doing tonight? – Do you have a lecture? | -今晚你要做什么 -你有讲座吗 |
[04:01] | – No, why? – Then, free as a bird. What’s up? | -没啊 怎么 -那我闲得很 怎么了 |
[04:05] | My dad wants to know if you want to play racquetball. | 我爸想约你去打壁球 |
[04:07] | That’s great! Dad must like you! | 太棒了 爸一定很喜欢你 |
[04:09] | He doesn’t ask just anyone to play. | 他从来不会约人去打壁球 |
[04:11] | He didn’t ask for you. He asked for “Chauncey.” | 他没说是你 就是要找”钱西” |
[04:14] | I assumed he meant you. | 我觉得应该是你 |
[04:17] | Did you correct him? | 你纠正他了吗 |
[04:18] | No, I thought it would be more fun this way. | 没有 我觉得那样子比较好玩 |
[04:22] | Cool! Maybe you could do this every week. | 酷了 或许你们每周都该一起打球 |
[04:25] | Or you could sit on the porch… | 你也可以坐在走廊上 |
[04:27] | …and make sure no one steals the trashcans. | 确定没人偷垃圾桶 |
[04:29] | He does that every week too. | 这也是他每周的行程之一 |
[04:33] | Just so you know, you have to let him win. He hates to lose. | 但你得让他赢 他最讨厌输了 |
[04:37] | Maybe I’ll play with my left hand. | 或许我该用左手打球 |
[04:40] | You’re not a lefty? | 你不就是左撇子吗 |
[04:43] | Does anybody know me? | 有人认识我吗 |
[04:50] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[04:51] | I went to my old apartment to get the cookie recipe… | 我刚到以前的公寓拿饼干食谱 |
[04:55] | …and that stupid fire burned it up! | 一场愚蠢的大火把它烧了 |
[04:57] | No! Why didn’t you make a copy and keep it in a fireproof box… | 不 你为什么没有影印一份放在防火的盒子里 |
[05:02] | …and keep it at least 100 yards away from the original? | 并将其放在离原版至少一百码的地方呢 |
[05:10] | Because I’m normal. | 因为我很正常 |
[05:15] | That was the one legacy my grandmother left me. | 那是我外婆留给我的唯一遗产 |
[05:17] | And I know you wanted it as an engagement present. | 我也知道你想要它当订婚礼物 |
[05:20] | We have to get you an engagement present? | 我们得送你们订婚礼物 |
[05:24] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[05:25] | No one got me an engagement present. | 可没人送我订婚礼物 |
[05:28] | I don’t have the recipe, but here. | 我没有食谱 但这个给你 |
[05:32] | I wish you health and happiness. | 祝你们健康快乐 |
[05:35] | An old cookie? | 一块放了很久的饼干 |
[05:39] | This is what happens when you don’t register for gifts. | 不列出礼物清单 就是会发生这种事 |
[05:42] | I made a batch and froze it. This is the only one left. | 我做了一些饼干冷冻了起来 这是最后一块 |
[05:47] | We can’t accept this. | 我们不能收 |
[05:49] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[05:51] | Because it’s gross. | 因为它很恶心 |
[05:53] | No, wait. I think I can figure out the recipe from this cookie. | 等一下 我想我可用这块饼干猜出整个食谱 |
[05:57] | I do this at work all the time. | 我在工作时常常这么做 |
[05:59] | – Really? – I think so! | -真的吗 -我想我可以做到 |
[06:05] | Okay, Ross, we owe you a present. | 好吧罗斯 我们欠你一份礼物 |
[06:07] | Two! I’ve been engaged twice. | 是两份 我订过两次婚 |
[06:19] | Look at this clown. | 快来看看这个小丑 |
[06:20] | He thinks he got a bigger ball, so he can take up the whole river. | 他以为他拿了个大点儿的球 就能主宰整条河了 |
[06:24] | Get out of the way, jackass! | 闪开 混球 |
[06:28] | Who names their boat Coast Guard, anyway? | 话说回来谁会把自己的船命名为海岸防卫队的 |
[06:33] | That is the Coast Guard. | 他们就是海岸防卫队 |
[06:35] | What are they doing here? | 他们在这里做什么 |
[06:37] | The coast is all the way over there. | 海岸在那边 |
[06:40] | Joey, just ignore the boats. | 乔伊 别管那些船 |
[06:41] | – We’re not finished with our lesson. – All right. | -我们的课还没有上完 -好吧 |
[06:44] | I’m gonna go over the basic points one more time, you ready? | 我要帮你复习一下基本要点 |
[06:46] | Come on, Rach. Not again. I got it, okay? | 别麻烦了瑞秋 我已经懂了 |
[06:49] | Let’s start sailing. | 出海先 |
[06:50] | I want to go over there where that boatload of girls is. | 我想把船开到那一船女孩旁边去 |
[06:55] | Is that what you wanna do? You want to give… | 是这样是吗 你只不过想 |
[06:57] | …a shout out to the hot chicas? | 和那些性感姑娘打个招呼 |
[06:59] | Okay, let’s do that, Sailor Joe. | 没问题 来吧 水手乔伊 |
[07:01] | Quick question, though: What’s this called? | 快问快答 这叫什么 |
[07:06] | – Boat rope? – Wrong! | -船上的绳子 -错了 |
[07:09] | How do you get the mainsail up? | 要怎么把主帆立起来 |
[07:12] | Rub it? | 揉搓之 |
[07:17] | No. What do you do if I say we’re coming about? | 不 如果我说我们要转向了 你该怎么办 |
[07:21] | I say, “Come again?” | 我说”再来一下” |
[07:24] | I know this one. I know this one. | 我知道 这一题我会 |
[07:28] | Time’s up. Now you’re dead. | 时间到 现在你死了 |
[07:30] | And deaf! | 也聋了 |
[07:32] | You go on and make your little jokes. | 你继续开玩笑吧 |
[07:34] | If you don’t know what you’re doing… | 如果你不知道如何航海 |
[07:36] | …you will die. Am I getting through to you, sailor? | 就会没命 你听懂了吗水手 |
[07:40] | – Yes. – Don’t just say yes. | -懂了 -别只是说你懂了 |
[07:42] | This isn’t a game. You could get hurt out here! | 这不是游戏 你很可能会受伤 |
[07:45] | Do you want to pay attention, or do you want to die? | 你想集中注意力听我说话呢 还是想死呢 |
[07:51] | I want to make a ship-to-shore call to Chandler. | 我想从船上打电话给钱德勒 |
[08:03] | – I definitely taste nutmeg. – You do? | -我吃到了肉豆蔻 -真的吗 |
[08:06] | You don’t? Well, that’s the difference… | 你没吃到吗 那就是 |
[08:09] | …between a professional and a layman. | 专家跟外行人的不同 |
[08:13] | That and arrogance. | 没错 专家还很傲慢 |
[08:17] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[08:18] | Hey. How was sailing? | 出海好玩吗 |
[08:20] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这件事 |
[08:23] | You could’ve at least saved me a cookie. | 你们至少可以留一整块饼干给我 |
[08:30] | Women are mean! | 女人太恶劣了 |
[08:36] | I can’t believe that. | 我不敢相信 |
[08:37] | Now the only thing left of my grandmother’s legacy is… | 现在我外婆的遗产只剩下 |
[08:41] | …this crumb. | 这块碎屑 |
[08:44] | I wish you a long and happy marriage. | 祝你们白头偕老 婚姻美满 |
[08:50] | – Hey. – How was it? | -嘿 -怎么样 |
[08:52] | Well, I had a great time. | 我玩得很开心 |
[08:55] | Chauncey, on the other hand… | 但是钱西 |
[08:58] | I will tell the story. | 我来说我来说 |
[09:00] | It was going great. I let him win, we were bonding… | 本来挺好 我让他赢 相处甚欢 |
[09:03] | …he even said I could call him Dad. | 甚至说我可以叫他爸爸 |
[09:05] | And what did he ask you not to call him? | 他要你别叫他什么 |
[09:08] | Daddy. | 爹地 |
[09:11] | Look, here’s the story. | 事情是这样的 |
[09:14] | We had just finished playing, and we were gonna take a steam. | 我们打完球 决定去蒸气浴 |
[09:18] | I walk into the room… | 我走进蒸汽室 |
[09:20] | …and it’s really steamy. | 里面雾气弥漫 |
[09:24] | So I take off my glasses, and that’s when it happened. | 于是我拿下眼镜 悲剧发生了 |
[09:28] | Guys? | 你们在哪 |
[09:29] | – Over here. – Have a seat, son. | -这边 -坐这吧孩子 |
[09:37] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[09:49] | – Oh, my God! I can’t believe it. – I know. | -我的天啊我简直不敢相信 -我知道 |
[09:52] | You gave my father a lap dance. | 你给我爸跳大腿舞 |
[09:58] | Why do they put so much steam in there? | 他们为什么要把那里弄的雾气弥漫 |
[10:02] | Because otherwise they’d have to call it the “Room” Room. | 不那么做的话 那里只能叫做”房间” |
[10:08] | Why? Why did that have to happen? | 为什么 为什么会发生那种事 |
[10:13] | Come on, it’s not that big a deal. | 别这样 那没有什么大不了的 |
[10:15] | Not that big a deal? | 那没有什么大不了的 |
[10:18] | There was touching of things. | 那种触摸的感觉 |
[10:20] | I know you wanted to bond with my dad… | 我知道你想和我爸搞好关系 |
[10:23] | …but did you have to bond to that part? | 但你一定要从他那个地方开始吗 |
[10:29] | I’m sure Dad doesn’t care. | 我相信爸不会在乎的 |
[10:31] | He probably thought it was funny. | 或许他会觉得很好笑 |
[10:33] | He’ll be telling this story for years. | 会把这个故事讲好多年 |
[10:35] | I don’t want him to tell this story for years. | 我就是不希望他把这个故事讲好多年 |
[10:38] | Oh, but he will. | 他会的 |
[10:41] | He still tells the story | 他还在讲 |
[10:42] | about how Monica tried to escape from fat camp. | 莫妮卡试图逃出减肥营的故事 |
[10:47] | I wasn’t escaping. | 我才没有 |
[10:48] | Then how’d you get caught in the barbed wire? | 那你怎么会被卡在铁丝网上的 |
[10:52] | I was trying to help out a squirrel. | 我想要救一只松鼠 |
[10:54] | You were trying to eat it. | 你想吃掉它 |
[10:59] | If that is your father calling to tell this story… | 如果那是你爸打来告诉你这件事 |
[11:02] | …then the marriage is off! | 我们就不结婚了 |
[11:04] | Come on. Hello. | 得了啦 喂 |
[11:07] | I’m sorry, you have the wrong number. | 对不起 你打错电话了 |
[11:09] | I’ll call you later, Dad. I love you. | 我待会回你电话 爸 我爱你 |
[11:18] | I’m off to see your dad. | 我要去见你爸 |
[11:20] | Aren’t you a little overdressed? | 你不会穿太多了吗 |
[11:24] | You better make sure he tips you this time. | 记得拿小费 |
[11:28] | I figured I would try to | 我想说服他 |
[11:30] | convince him not to tell the story anymore… | 别再提那件事 |
[11:32] | …and I figured the best way to do that was face to face. | 我想最好的办法就是跟他面对面谈一谈 |
[11:35] | And by “Face,” I don’t mean his lap. | 我说的”面”指的不是他的大腿 |
[11:38] | And by “Face,” I don’t mean my ass. | 而对的那个”面” 也不是我的屁股 |
[11:44] | 你要送莫妮卡跟钱德礼物吗 Are you getting订婚 Monica and Chandler a present? | |
[11:47] | I don’t know. You know, they didn’t get us anything. | 我不知道 他们可没有送我们礼物 |
[11:49] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[11:53] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[11:54] | Well, hello. | 你好啊 |
[11:56] | So when are we getting back out on the water, matey? | 我们什么时候再出航 伙伴 |
[12:00] | I don’t know the boat way to say this, but never! | 我不知道水手是怎么说的 但我死都不要 |
[12:05] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[12:06] | Because you’re mean on the boat. | 因为你在船上很刻薄 |
[12:09] | I was just trying to teach you. | 我只是想教会你 |
[12:11] | Well, lesson learned. Rachel is mean. | 我学会了 瑞秋很刻薄 |
[12:15] | Yep, yep, yep. | 对对对 |
[12:19] | I remember when she took me out on her dad’s boat. | 我还记得她驾驶她爸的船带我出海 |
[12:21] | She wouldn’t let me help at all. | 她完全不让我插手 |
[12:23] | Excuse me, I wanted you to help. | 对不起 我想要你帮我 |
[12:26] | But you couldn’t move… | 但你连动都动不了 |
[12:27] | …because you were wearing three life jackets. | 为你穿了三件救生衣 |
[12:31] | You have to respect the sea. | 你得保持对大海的敬畏之心 |
[12:36] | Joey, I’m sorry if you thought that was mean. | 乔伊 如果你觉得我很刻薄 对不起 |
[12:39] | But I tell you, that was not mean. | 但我告诉你 那不是刻薄 |
[12:41] | My father is mean. He used to always yell at me on the boat. | 我爸才刻薄 以前在船上 他总会对我大吼大叫 |
[12:45] | It was horrible. I was being a really good teacher. | 那真的很可怕 我只是想当个称职的老师 |
[12:48] | Does a good teacher say, “Put down the beer, pinead!” | 好老师会说”放下那罐啤酒 猪头”吗 |
[12:52] | Does a good student drink seven beers during his first lesson? | 好学生会在上第一堂课时喝掉七罐啤酒 |
[12:56] | Six and a half. | 是六罐半 |
[12:58] | You knocked the last one out of my hand, remember? | 你把最后一罐从我手里打翻了 记得吗 |
[13:00] | I didn’t want you to get hit by the boom. | 我不希望你被船杆打中 |
[13:02] | Well, it hit me anyway. | 它的确打中我了 |
[13:04] | It would have hurt a lot less if I had finished that last beer. | 如果我能喝完最后一罐啤酒或许就不会那么痛 |
[13:08] | I’m sorry. I will try to tone it down and stop yelling. | 对不起 我会试着小声点不再对你大吼大叫 |
[13:14] | No bossing me around? | 不会再颐指气使了吗 |
[13:15] | – I won’t boss you around. – And be nice? | -不会了 -会很和蔼吗 |
[13:17] | – I’ll be nice. – You’ll be topless? | -会很和蔼 -不穿上衣 |
[13:20] | – Joey! – You want me to learn? | -乔伊 -你不是想让我好好学嘛 |
[13:28] | Here’s batch 22. Maybe these are like your grandma’s. | 这是第二十二批 或许它们会有你外婆的神髓 |
[13:32] | This has a bit of orange peel, but no nutmeg. | 我放了一些桔子皮 没有放肉豆蔻 |
[13:35] | Let’s give it a shot. | 试吃吧 |
[13:37] | I haven’t made so many cookies since 9th grade. | 自从九年级后我再也没做过这么多饼干 |
[13:40] | What for, a bake sale? | 那时候为什么做 饼干义卖吗 |
[13:42] | No, just a Friday night. | 不 寻常星期五晚上而已 |
[13:49] | These are pretty good. | 这些饼干真的很好吃 |
[13:51] | Yeah, but not as good as batch 17. | 但是没有第17批好吃 |
[13:53] | Which one was that? | 那是哪一批 |
[13:54] | The ones we had after you almost threw up. | 你差点吐了之后我们吃的那批 |
[13:57] | Oh, yeah, batch 17 was good. | 对 第17批确实好吃 |
[14:00] | I did not like batch 16. | 我可不喜欢第16批 |
[14:04] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[14:07] | Any more from the good batch? We could work off those. | 第17批还有剩吗 我们可以研究那些啊 |
[14:11] | I think there’s one from batch 17 left. | 只剩一块了 |
[14:19] | Batch 16. Sixteen, people, get out of the way! | 第16批 16 大家都别挡路 |
[14:30] | Okay, Joey. You’re doing really good. | 乔伊 你表现得很好 |
[14:34] | I just need you to step to the portside. | 现在你要站到左舷去 |
[14:41] | Remember talking about the portside? | 还记得左舷是哪一边吗 |
[14:44] | Oh, yeah. | 记得 |
[14:46] | No. | 不记得了 |
[14:48] | It’s left, sweetie, but that’s okay. That’s a tough one. | 是左亲爱的 但没关系 那一题太难了 |
[14:52] | Why not just say left? | 干嘛不直接说左边呢 |
[14:54] | Okay, go to the left. | 好 左边 |
[15:01] | The left. | 我说左边 |
[15:02] | Just sit over there! | 过去坐 |
[15:03] | You’re yelling again. See that? | 看到没 你又在大吼大叫了 |
[15:06] | Oh, no, no. Very quiet. Said with love, no yelling. | 不我很小声 语气充满了爱意 我没有大吼大叫 |
[15:12] | You know what? Since I’m here, | 你知道吗 既然我已经坐在这里 |
[15:14] | I’m gonna have a beer on the portside. | 我要在左舷喝一罐啤酒 |
[15:18] | See what I did there? | 你看到我刚刚做了什么吗 |
[15:24] | We’re luffing a little. Can you tighten up the Cunningham? | 风有点大 麻烦你把船绳拉紧 |
[15:27] | You just said a bunch of stuff I don’t know. | 你说了一堆我听不懂的话 |
[15:31] | Joey, come on! We just went over this. | 乔伊 别这样 我刚刚才教过你 |
[15:34] | We did that when that bird… | 你教我的时候 有只鸟 嘴巴里 |
[15:36] | …flew over with the fish in his mouth. | 叨着鱼飞过去 |
[15:39] | Did you see it? It was gross. | 你看到了吗 那真的很恶心 |
[15:41] | I did not see the bird or the fish! | 我没有看到鸟或鱼 |
[15:43] | I did not see the piece of Styrofoam shaped like Mike Tyson! | 也没有看到形状像泰森的泡沫塑料 |
[15:48] | I did not, because I was trying to teach you how to sail a boat. | 我没有看到 因为我忙着教你驾驶船只 |
[15:52] | Which obviously is an impossible thing to do. | 很明显那是不可能的任务 |
[15:55] | You’re yelling, and I don’t see you taking your top off. | 你在大吼大叫 而且你没有脱掉上衣 |
[15:58] | I quit! | 我放弃了 |
[16:00] | – What do you mean? You can’t quit. – Why not? | -你什么意思 你不能放弃 -为什么 |
[16:04] | You’re not finished! I won’t have it. Greens do not quit. | 你还没学成 格林家的人不能放弃 |
[16:08] | Greens? | 格林家 |
[16:10] | I’m a Tribbiani. Tribbianis quit. | 我是崔比安尼家的 崔比安尼家的就放弃 |
[16:16] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[16:17] | I just said, “Greens don’t quit,” didn’t I? | 我刚刚说格林家的人不会放弃 对吧 |
[16:21] | Did I say, “Greens don’t quit”? | 我刚刚说格林家的人不会放弃 |
[16:22] | Yes! And you’re still yelling at me. | 对 而且你还是在对我大吼大叫 |
[16:25] | No, I’m not yelling at you. I’m just yelling near you. | 我没有 我只是在离你比较近的地方大吼大叫 |
[16:28] | Oh, God, Joey. I’m my father. | 天啊 乔伊 我就跟我爸一样 |
[16:31] | Oh, my God. This is horrible. | 天啊 这真的太可怕了 |
[16:34] | I try so hard not to be my mother, I didn’t see this coming. | 我很努力不要跟我妈一样 却没有注意到这一点 |
[16:42] | I’m so sorry. I just wanted you to learn. | 我真的很抱歉 我只希望你能学会 |
[16:51] | I did learn. | 我学了 |
[16:52] | – Really? – Yeah, come on. | -真的吗 -没错 来吧 |
[16:56] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[16:58] | I know what a mainsail is. | 我知道主帆是什么 |
[17:00] | I know to duck when the boom comes across. | 我知道船桅过来时一定要低头 |
[17:06] | – I know port is right. – Left. | -我知道左舷是右边 -左边 |
[17:08] | Damn it! | 该死 |
[17:12] | It would make my grandmother happy… | 我外婆会很开心 |
[17:16] | …that we’re trying to figure out her recipe. | 我们想方设法要弄清楚她的食谱 |
[17:18] | I bet she’s looking up at us and smiling right now. | 我敢说她正抬头看着我们 对我们微笑 |
[17:24] | Looking up? | 抬头 |
[17:26] | She was really nice to me, but she’s in hell for sure. | 她对我真的很好 但现在她一定在地狱里 |
[17:33] | Well, I’ve tried everything. | 我已经努力过了 |
[17:34] | I give up. I’m not gonna be the mom… | 我放弃 我没办法成为 |
[17:36] | …who makes the world’s best cookies. | 做出全世界最好吃饼干的妈妈 |
[17:38] | I do make the best duck confit with broccoli raab. | 但我做最好吃的西兰花配油封鸭 |
[17:43] | Kids love that, right? | 小孩子很喜欢吃那道菜吧 |
[17:47] | Isn’t there any relative that has the recipe? | 难道你家的亲戚都没有食谱吗 |
[17:51] | What about your sister? | 你姐姐呢 |
[17:52] | No. I made a promise to myself that the next time… | 不 我跟自己发过誓 |
[17:55] | …I would talk to Ursula is over my dead body. | 除非我死掉 不然我不会再跟厄休拉说话 |
[18:00] | And that’s not happening till October 15, 2032. | 那一天将会是2032年10月15日 |
[18:05] | That’s the day you’re gonna die? | 那天你会死掉吗 |
[18:07] | I’ve got shuffleboard that day. | 可那天我要去玩推圆盘游戏 |
[18:11] | That’s what you think. | 你这么想 |
[18:17] | What about friends of your grandma? | 你外婆的朋友呢 |
[18:18] | Wouldn’t they have the recipe? | 他们没有食谱吗 |
[18:20] | I may have relatives in France who would know. | 我在法国的亲戚可能知道 |
[18:24] | My grandmother said she got it | 我外婆说食谱是 |
[18:26] | from her grandmother, “Nestley Toulouse.” | 她外婆”鸟巢”传给她的 |
[18:31] | What was her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[18:33] | Nestley Toulouse. | 鸟巢 |
[18:37] | Nestle Toll House? | 雀巢 |
[18:45] | You Americans always butcher the French language. | 你们美国人就是没办法说好法文 |
[18:49] | Phoebe, is this the recipe? | 菲比 这是你外婆的食谱吗 |
[18:54] | Yes! | 是 |
[18:59] | Oh. | 天啊 |
[19:01] | I cannot believe that I spent… | 我花了两天时间 |
[19:03] | …two days figuring out that recipe. | 研究那份食谱 |
[19:05] | It was here the whole time! | 结果它一直在这里 |
[19:07] | I know! You see, it is stuff like this… | 我知道 就是这样的事情 |
[19:11] | …which is why you’re burning in hell! | 害得你得在地狱里受苦 |
[19:18] | So you understand. | 就是跟你说一下 |
[19:19] | I’d feel better if you didn’t tell what happened. | 如果你可以不把那件事说出去 我会觉得舒服一点 |
[19:22] | I’m a little embarrassed about it. | 我觉得很不好意思 |
[19:25] | I understand completely. | 我完全理解 |
[19:27] | Nothing’s scarier | 最可怕的事 |
[19:28] | than embarrassing yourself in front of your in-laws. | 莫过于在岳父母面前丢脸了 |
[19:31] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[19:32] | when I started dating Judy, I was unemployed. | 事实上我开始跟朱迪交往时 我根本就没有工作 |
[19:35] | Her father asked me what I did for a living. | 她爸问我是干什么工作的 |
[19:38] | I said I was a lawyer. | 我说我是律师 |
[19:40] | – What’d you do when they found out? – They never did. | -他们发现事实后你怎么办 -他们一直都没有发现 |
[19:42] | So if you ever see me giving them legal advice, just nod along. | 如果你看到我给他们提供法律意见 点头附和就好 |
[19:48] | Shall we? | 我们可以进去了吗 |
[20:04] | So, I guess we wear swimsuits in here. | 我猜这里得穿泳装才能进来 |
[20:19] | Well, Joey, I hate to admit it… | 乔伊 虽然我不愿意我也得承认 |
[20:23] | …your way of sailing is a lot more fun. | 你的航海方式 真的有趣多了 |
[20:29] | Why don’t you give a pull on that rope? | 你为什么不拉一下那条绳子 |
[20:31] | We’re not sailing. | 我们没有要出海 |
[20:33] | – Just pull on it. – All right. | -就拉一下 -好吧 |
[20:41] | Sandwiches! | 三明治 |
[20:42] | What else? | 不然会是什么呢 |
[20:45] | Here you go. | 这个好 |
[20:47] | – Thank you. – Oh, wow. | -谢谢 -哇 |
[20:53] | – What are you doing? – Sorry. | -你在做什么 -抱歉 |
[20:55] | Not like that. You’re letting all the good stuff fall out. | 别那么拿 好料都被你弄掉了 |
[20:58] | Careful! You’re wasting good pastrami! | 小心 你把烟熏牛肉给浪费了 |
[21:05] | Oh, my God. I’m my dad! | 天啊 轮到我和我爸一样了 |