时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Ross, Mon. | 罗斯 莫妮卡 |
[00:04] | Is it okay if I bring someone to your parents’ anniversary party? | 我可以带人去参加你爸妈的结婚周年派对吗 |
[00:07] | – Sure. – Yeah. | -没问题 -好啊 |
[00:08] | Who’s the guy? | 你要带谁去 |
[00:09] | His name is Parker, and I met him at the cleaners. | 他叫派克 我们在洗衣店里认识的 |
[00:12] | Did he put a little starch in your bloomers? | 他在你外套里放了点浆糊吗 |
[00:17] | Who said that? | 那是谁说的 |
[00:20] | No, he’s really great, though. | 不是 但他人真的很棒 |
[00:22] | He has this incredible zest for life. | 他对生命异常热忱 |
[00:25] | He treats me like a queen. | 他把我当女王一样对待 |
[00:27] | Except at night when he treats me like the naughty girl I am. | 不过他晚上在床上会把我当作淘气少女 |
[00:32] | By the way, would it be okay if I give the toast | 对了 今年由我来向爸妈致辞 |
[00:34] | to mom and dad this year? | 可以吗 |
[00:35] | Yeah, you sure you want to after what happened at their 20th? | 经历过20周年纪念日的意外后 你还是想吗 |
[00:38] | Yeah. I’d really like to. | 我真的很想 |
[00:39] | Okay, hopefully this time Mom won’t boo you. | 希望这次妈不会嘘你 |
[00:43] | Yes! Every year Ross makes the toast, | 太好了 每年都是罗斯致词 |
[00:45] | and it’s always really moving, and always makes them cry. | 他的话总能把大家感动得痛哭流涕 |
[00:48] | This year, I’m gonna make them cry. | 今年 我要把他们弄哭 |
[00:51] | You wonder why Ross is their favorite? | 你还不知道他们为什么最爱罗斯吗 |
[00:54] | No, really. Any time Ross makes a toast, | 不是 只要罗斯一致词 |
[00:56] | everyone cries and hugs him and pats him on the back. | 大家都会哭着拥抱他 拍他的背 |
[01:00] | And they all come up to me and say, “God, your brother.” | 他们都会走过来跟我说”天啊 你哥哥” |
[01:05] | You know what they’re gonna say this year? | 你知道今天他们今年会怎么说吗 |
[01:07] | “God, you.” | “天啊 你” |
[01:10] | Well, I can promise you, at least one person will be crying. | 我向你保证至少有一个人会哭 |
[01:14] | I’m an actor, and any actor worth his salt can cry on cue. | 我是演员 每个称职的演员都是想哭就哭 |
[01:18] | Really? You can do that? | 真的吗 你做得到吗 |
[01:19] | Oh, you kidding me? Watch. | 开什么玩笑 看着 |
[01:32] | Well, I can’t do it with you guys watching me! | 你们都盯着我看 我哭不出来 |
[01:41] | So no one told you life was gonna be this way | 没人告诉你生活会是这样 |
[01:46] | your jobs a joke, you’re broke, | 你滑稽的工作 你的差劲 |
[01:48] | your love life’s D.O.A. | 你半途而废的爱情 |
[01:51] | It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear, | 就像开车卡在二档 |
[01:56] | And it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, | 每日每周每月 |
[01:59] | or even your year, but | 甚至每年都是如此 |
[02:01] | I’ll be there for you, | 大雨倾盆时 |
[02:05] | ’cause you’re there for me too. | 因为你也陪伴着我 |
[02:16] | – What are you doing? – I’m working on my toast for the party. | -你在做什么 -我在写我的演讲稿 |
[02:19] | Or as I like to call it: “Sob-fest 2002.” | 我称之为”2002年最佳催泪弹” |
[02:24] | – Hey, check this out. – It’s a dog. | -你看 -是只小狗 |
[02:26] | It’s a dead dog. | 是只死狗 |
[02:29] | That’s Chi-Chi. She died when I was in high school. | 这是琪琪 在我高中时死掉了 |
[02:32] | It’s your parents’ anniversary | 你要在父母的结婚纪念日上 |
[02:33] | and you’re going to talk about their dead pet? | 谈一只死狗吗 |
[02:35] | It’s good stuff, huh? | 这个素材不错吧 |
[02:41] | Joey? You got a present for my parents? That’s so sweet. | 乔伊 你准备好要送我爸妈的礼物了吗 |
[02:44] | Yeah. In honor of their 35th wedding anniversary, | 是啊 为了纪念他们结婚35周年 |
[02:46] | I had a star named after them. | 我用他们的名字为一颗星星命名 |
[02:49] | That is so cool. | 那简直太酷了 |
[02:50] | And I got them a book on Kama Sutra for the Elderly. | 我还给他们买了老年人的性爱宝典 |
[02:56] | Do you guys have any extra ribbon? | 你们有多余的缎带吗 |
[02:58] | Yeah. Sure. What do you need? | 当然有 你要什么样的 |
[02:59] | We got lace, satin, sateen, | 我们有蕾丝 缎子 棉缎 |
[03:02] | raffia, gingham, felt… | 酒椰纤维 条纹布 毛毡 |
[03:06] | And I think my testicles may be in here too. | 我想我的蛋蛋应该也放在这里了 |
[03:13] | Chi-Chi! Oh, I loved this dog. | 琪琪 我爱死这只狗了 |
[03:17] | Monica couldn’t get braces because Chi-Chi needed knee surgery. | 莫妮卡没装牙套是因为琪琪得动膝盖手术 |
[03:23] | What? | 什么 |
[03:24] | You’re the 200-pounder 11-year-old who rode her! | 就是你这个两百磅的大胖子骑着它到处跑的 |
[03:32] | Hey! Everybody, this is Parker. Parker, this is… | 大伙们 他是派克 派克 这是… |
[03:36] | No, don’t tell me. | 不 别告诉我 |
[03:37] | Let me guess: Joey, Monica, Ross, Rachel… | 让我猜 乔伊 莫妮卡 罗斯 瑞秋 |
[03:41] | …and I’m sorry, Phoebe didn’t mention you. | 对不起 菲比没有提过你 |
[03:45] | Chandler, I’m kidding! Already you’re my favorite. | 钱德勒 我开玩笑呢 你已经是我的最爱了 |
[03:49] | Why don’t all of you tell me a little about your self? | 跟我谈谈你们自己的事吧 |
[03:51] | Actually, I’m sorry. We probably should get going. | 事实上我们该走了 |
[03:56] | Classic Ross! | 典型的罗斯作风 |
[04:00] | Rachel, look how you glow! May I ? | 瑞秋 你好漂亮 我可以吗 |
[04:04] | I think you already are. | 我想你已经不请自来了 |
[04:06] | Rachel, you have life growing inside you. | 瑞秋 你体内孕育着一个小生命 |
[04:10] | Is there anything in this world more miraculous… | 这世上还有什么更神奇… |
[04:13] | A picture of a dog! Whose is this? | 一张狗狗照片 这是谁的狗 |
[04:17] | That’s my old dog. He passed away years ago. | 那是我家以前养的狗 它已经死了 |
[04:20] | Well, at least you were lucky to have him. | 至少你很幸运能拥有它 |
[04:23] | Bow-wow, old friend. Bow-wow. | 汪汪 我的老朋友 汪汪 |
[04:29] | So where’s the party? | 派对在哪里举行 |
[04:30] | It’s out on the island. It’s in Massapequa. | 在岛上的马沙皮卡 |
[04:32] | Massapequa, it sounds like a magical place. | 马沙皮卡 听起来像个神奇的地方 |
[04:35] | Tell me about Massapequa, | 跟我介绍一下吧 |
[04:36] | is it steeped in Native American history? | 它是美国原住民历史上的名胜吗 |
[04:38] | Well, there is an Arby’s in the shape of a tepee. | 那里有原住民帐篷形状的艾比餐厅 |
[04:42] | I’ve got my note cards. | 我拿了题词卡 |
[04:44] | – You got the presents? – Yeah. | -你拿礼物了吗 -拿了 |
[04:45] | – And I’ve got the car keys. – We’re driving? | -我拿车钥匙了 -我们要开车吗 |
[04:47] | – Yeah. – Aces. | -对 -太棒了 |
[04:52] | – So he seems like a nice guy. – Yeah, I like him a lot. | -他似乎是个好人 -对 我很喜欢他 |
[04:56] | You want to hang back and take our own cab? | 你想拖延一会去搭计程车吗 |
[04:58] | Okay, otherwise I’m not going. | 当然 不然我就不去了 |
[05:10] | – Hey, Mom. – This is such a great party! | -妈 -这个派对简直太棒了 |
[05:14] | Thirty-five years. Very impressive. | 三十五年 令人佩服 |
[05:16] | Do you have any pearls of wisdom? | 你们有什么婚姻的至理名言吗 |
[05:19] | – Jack? – Why would you serve food on such a sharp stick? | -杰克 -食物上为什么要插这么尖的牙签 |
[05:24] | It’s a good question, Dad. It’s a good question. | 这个问题不错 爸爸 这个问题不错 |
[05:29] | – Congratulations, you two. – Thank you, we’re so excited. | -恭喜你们 -谢谢 我们很兴奋 |
[05:33] | And also, congratulations on your wedding. | 还要恭喜你们结婚了 |
[05:38] | – Can we talk to you for just a moment? – Yeah. | -我们能跟你们谈一下吗 -好吧 |
[05:43] | It’s just a little thing. | 这只是件小事 |
[05:46] | While we think it’s simply marvelous | 我们觉得你们未婚生子 |
[05:48] | that you’re having this baby out of wedlock… | 完全没有问题 |
[05:52] | some of our friends are less open-minded. | 但我们有些朋友思想没有那么开放 |
[05:55] | – Which is why we told them you’re married. – What? | -所以我们告诉他们你们结婚了 -什么 |
[05:58] | Thanks for going along with this. | 谢谢你们愿意配合 |
[06:01] | Dad, we have to pretend that we’re married? | 爸 我们得假装我们结婚了吗 |
[06:04] | Son, I had to shave my ears for tonight. | 儿子 我为了今晚专门剃了耳毛 |
[06:06] | You can do this. | 这件事你也能做到 |
[06:09] | – Can you believe that? – I know. | -你能相信吗 -就是啊 |
[06:12] | If you do the ears, you may as well take a pass at the nosal area. | 既然剃了耳毛 就不能连鼻毛一起处理一下吗 |
[06:16] | No, no. I don’t want to have to lie about us being married. | 我不想撒谎说我们结婚了 |
[06:19] | No, I know. I don’t either. | 我也不想 |
[06:21] | But you know what ? It’s their party, and it’s one night. | 但这是他们的派对 而且仅此一晚而己 |
[06:24] | We don’t have to lie. We just won’t say anything. | 我们不必说谎 我们只要不说话就行 |
[06:26] | If it comes up again, we’ll just smile, we’ll nod along… | 如果有人提起 我们只要微笑点头 |
[06:30] | – Ross? – Rachel? | -罗斯 -瑞秋 |
[06:31] | Hi, Aunt Lisa. Uncle Dan. | 嗨 丽莎阿姨 丹叔叔 |
[06:35] | Congratulations on the baby and on the wedding. | 恭喜你们怀孕 还结了婚 |
[06:41] | Here’s a little something to get you started. | 这算是送你们的新婚礼物 |
[06:44] | So how’s married life treating you? | 你们的婚后生活过得如何 |
[06:47] | – Unbelievable. It’s great! – We love marriage. | -不可思议 太棒了 -我们可喜欢结婚了 |
[06:50] | We’ll see you later. | 待会见 |
[06:54] | What a beautiful place. What a great night. | 好漂亮的地方 好棒的夜晚 |
[06:58] | I have to tell you, | 我得告诉你们 |
[06:59] | being here with all of you in Event Room C… | 能跟你们一起待在C宴会厅 |
[07:04] | …I feel so lucky. Think of the good times that happened here. | 我觉得好幸运 想想这里曾有过的美好时光 |
[07:08] | The birthdays, the proms, the mitzvahs, both bar and bat! | 生日 毕业舞会 犹太教成人礼 |
[07:15] | But none of them will compare with tonight! | 但任凭什么都比不上今晚 |
[07:17] | My God, I don’t want to forget this moment! | 天啊 我想铭记这个瞬间 |
[07:19] | It’s like I want to take a mental picture of you all. | 我要在脑海中帮你们拍张照 |
[07:22] | Click. | 咔嚓 |
[07:25] | I don’t think the flash went off. | 我觉得闪光灯没开 |
[07:31] | I’m gonna find the men’s room. I’ll be right back. | 我要去趟洗手间 马上回来 |
[07:33] | – I’ll go with you. – Come on, come on. | -我跟你一起去 -快来 |
[07:34] | Somewhere there is someone with a tranquilizer gun… | 有人躲在某个地方端着麻醉枪 |
[07:37] | …and a huge butterfly net looking for that man. | 握着大蝴蝶网 在找那个家伙 |
[07:41] | I have to go to the bathroom too, | 我也想上厕所 |
[07:42] | but I don’t want him complimenting my thing. | 但我不想让他夸奖我的小弟弟 |
[07:46] | So glad we weren’t in the car. Did he ever let up? | 还好我们没在车上 他有安静的时候吗 |
[07:49] | He called the Long Island Expressway a “concrete miracle.” | 他称长岛高速公路为”水泥奇迹” |
[07:54] | This room. This night. | 这个房间 这个夜晚 |
[07:57] | That waiter! His shoes! | 那个服务生 他的鞋子 |
[08:00] | I must take a mental picture! | 我要在脑海中拍张照 |
[08:03] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:09] | Were you guys making fun of Parker? | 你们在取笑派克吗 |
[08:12] | That depends, how much did you hear? | 那得看你听到了多少 |
[08:17] | He’s a little enthusiastic. What’s wrong with that? | 他是有点狂热 可那有什么不对 |
[08:20] | – It’s so much. – Well, so what? I like him. | -他太过火了 -那又怎么样 我喜欢他 |
[08:24] | Do I make fun of the people you’ve dated? | 我会取笑你们的约会对象吗 |
[08:26] | Tag, Janice, Mona. | 泰格 珍妮丝 蒙娜 |
[08:28] | No, because friends don’t do that. | 不 因为朋友不会那么做 |
[08:31] | But do you want my opinion? | 你们想知道我的想法吗 |
[08:33] | Do you want it? ‘Cause in my opinion, | 依我看来 |
[08:34] | your collective dating record | 你们的约会纪录加起来 |
[08:36] | reads like a who’s who of human crap! | 基本等同于人渣史 |
[08:41] | – I feel terrible. – I know. | -我觉得好内疚 -我知道 |
[08:45] | What was wrong with Mona? | 蒙娜有哪里不好 |
[08:53] | – Open it, open it, open it. – Yeah, baby! | -快打开 -好耶 宝贝 |
[08:56] | So we never got to hear about your wedding. | 我们都没听说你们举办了婚礼 |
[09:00] | We were surprised we weren’t invited. | 我们很讶异自己没有受到邀请 |
[09:02] | No, no, it was just our parents and 1 or 2 friends. | 不 只有我们父母和几位亲友参加 |
[09:05] | It was a small wedding. | 婚礼的规模很小 |
[09:07] | But it was beautiful. | 但场面很美 |
[09:08] | It was small, but kind of spectacular. | 婚礼虽小 一应俱全 |
[09:11] | Where did you have it? | 你们在哪里举行的婚礼 |
[09:12] | On a cliff in Barbados, at sunset. | 在巴巴多斯悬崖上的黄昏婚礼 |
[09:16] | And Stevie Wonder sang “Isn’t She Lovely” as I walked down the aisle. | 我走上红毯时 史提夫·汪达唱着《她真美》 |
[09:21] | – Really? – Yeah. Stevie’s a family friend. | -真的吗 -史提夫是我们家的朋友 |
[09:24] | Oh, my God. That sounds amazing. | 天啊 那真的是太棒了 |
[09:26] | – I’d love to see pictures. – Yeah, so would I. | -我想看照片 -对 我也是 |
[09:30] | You wouldn’t think Annie Liebowitz | 你们不会相信安妮·莱波维兹 |
[09:32] | would forget to put film in the camera. | 会忘了装底片 |
[09:37] | Would you excuse us for a second? | 请允许我们失陪一下 |
[09:43] | What are you doing? | 你这是要干什么 |
[09:44] | What? I’m not you. | 怎么了 我又不是你 |
[09:45] | This may be my only wedding I ever have. | 那可能是我唯一一场婚礼 |
[09:49] | – And I want it to be amazing. – Okay. | -我希望婚礼很精彩 -好吧 |
[09:53] | Maybe I rode in on a Harley. | 或许我该骑着哈雷摩托入场 |
[09:55] | Okay. Ross, it has to be realistic. | 罗斯 我们得编得现实一点 |
[10:03] | Say, are you okay? You seem kind of quiet. | 你还好吗 你一直不太讲话 |
[10:07] | No, I’m fine. I’m great. I’m with you. | 我没事 我很好 我跟你在一起 |
[10:10] | And I’m with you. What a great time to be alive! | 而我跟你在一起 活着真好 |
[10:14] | Look at this plate bouncy thing. | 看看这个送盘器 |
[10:18] | What an inspired solution to man’s plate-dispensing problems. | 这是个天才发明 解决了盘子分发的问题 |
[10:23] | – Oysters! Let me feed you one. – That’s not necessary. | -生蚝 让我来喂你 -你不必那么做 |
[10:27] | – Please? – Actually I don’t eat… | -拜托 -我不吃… |
[10:28] | – I won’t quit until you try one. – Okay, fine, fine. | -你不吃的话我绝不罢休 -好吧 |
[10:34] | Good. | 很棒 |
[10:36] | What’re they like? I’ve never had one. | 是什么味道 我从来没吃过 |
[10:40] | – Why don’t you just try one. – No, they look too weird. | -那就尝尝看 -看起来太奇怪了 |
[10:45] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[10:46] | Just going over my toast. | 准备致辞 |
[10:48] | Those two will never know what hit them. | 他们俩绝对想不到我会说什么 |
[10:50] | I can’t wait. They’ll cry so hard, | 我等不及了 他们会痛哭流涕 |
[10:53] | they’ll be fighting for breath. | 以至于喘不过气来 |
[10:56] | If you want to, I could just hold them down and you could just… | 如果你需要的话 我可以按住他们 让你 |
[11:01] | And my veil was lace, made by blind Belgian nuns. | 我戴着蕾丝婚纱 由比利时盲人修女织成 |
[11:06] | Blind? | 盲人 |
[11:07] | Not at first, but it’s very intricate work. | 她们本来没瞎 但这份工作非常伤眼力 |
[11:11] | They said even though they lost their sight, it’s all worth it. | 她们说虽然眼睛瞎了 但还是很值得的 |
[11:15] | – I bet you looked beautiful. – Well, I don’t know about that. | -我敢说你看起来很漂亮 -我不知道 |
[11:19] | But there were some people that said | 但有些宾客说 |
[11:20] | I looked like a floating angel. | 我看起来像漂浮的天使 |
[11:24] | How did you propose? | 你是怎么求的婚 |
[11:26] | Oh, yeah, that’s a great story. | 对 那个故事很精彩 |
[11:30] | Well, actually, I took her to the planetarium. | 事实上 我带她去了天文馆 |
[11:35] | That’s where we had our first date. | 那是我们第一次约会的地方 |
[11:39] | She walked in | 她走进来 |
[11:39] | and I had the room filled with lilies, her favorite flower. | 我在房间里铺满了她最喜欢的百合花 |
[11:44] | – That is so sweet! – I want to hear the rest! | -简直太浪漫了 -我还想听完呢 |
[11:49] | Then Fred Astaire singing, “The Way You Look Tonight” | 音响系统里传出弗莱德·艾斯塔的歌声 |
[11:53] | came on the sound system, and the lights came down, | 《你今晚的样子》 此时灯光熄灭 |
[11:56] | I got on one knee… | 我单脚跪地 |
[11:57] | and written across the dome, in the stars, were the words: | 圆顶从左至右用星星拼成一行字 |
[12:02] | “Will you marry me?” | “你愿意嫁给我吗 “ |
[12:05] | And the ring was the size of my fist. | 戒指有我的拳头那么大 |
[12:11] | Hey, Phoebe? Look… | 菲比 听着 |
[12:16] | …I want to apologize about before. Okay? We were being jerks. | 我要对你道歉 我们太不厚道了 |
[12:19] | Parker’s a nice guy, and I’d like to get to know him. | 派克人很好 我想多了解他 |
[12:22] | Then you better do it now. | 那你最好快去找他 |
[12:24] | – Why? – Because I’m gonna kill him. | -为什么 -因为我要杀了他 |
[12:26] | – What? What? – You guys were right. | -什么 -你们说得没错 |
[12:28] | He’s too excited about everything. | 他对所有事都太热衷了 |
[12:31] | I’m all for living life, | 我也很喜欢生命 |
[12:32] | but this is the Gellers’ 35th anniversary. | 但这是盖勒夫妇结婚35周年派对 |
[12:35] | Let’s call a spade a spade. This party stinks. | 我们摸着良心说话 这个派对烂透了 |
[12:39] | I know. I’m having the worst time. | 就是 我简直无聊到了极点 |
[12:41] | There was a 15-minute line for the buffet, | 那边取自助餐要排15分钟的队 |
[12:44] | and when I got to the plates… | 等我好不容易拿到盘子 |
[12:45] | …I slipped on a giant booger. | 结果踩到一大坨鼻涕滑倒了 |
[12:51] | Are you sure it wasn’t an oyster? | 你确定那不是生蚝吗 |
[12:55] | It could’ve been. I didn’t look at it. | 有可能 我没看 |
[12:58] | I just wiped it on Chandler’s coat and got the hell out. | 我把它抹在钱德勒的外套上 拔腿就溜 |
[13:02] | I thought he was a great guy. I was so excited about him. | 我还以为他是个好人 我对他真的很期待 |
[13:06] | Well, hey, you should be excited about him. | 嘿 你应该对他充满期待 |
[13:10] | There’s nothing wrong with him. He’s a good guy. | 他没有什么不对 他是个好人 |
[13:12] | – You think? – Yeah, you know what I think? | -真的吗 -对 你知道吗 |
[13:15] | – I think we were all just being too negative. – You’re right. | -我们都太悲观了 -你说得对 |
[13:19] | You’re right. He’s just embracing life. | 他只是在拥抱生命而已 |
[13:21] | We could all stand to be a little more like Parker. | 我们都应该向派克学习 |
[13:24] | You know what? I’m like him! | 你知道吗 我就跟他一样 |
[13:26] | I’m a sunny, positive person! | 我是个积极乐观的人 |
[13:28] | Actually, you have a little bit of an edge. | 事实上 你现在稍微有点激动了 |
[13:30] | What’s that now? | 你小子说什么 |
[13:33] | – Oh, it’s Parker! – Look, the Bunny Hop! | -是派克 -看 兔子舞 |
[13:36] | – Oh, I love it! – You do? | -我喜欢 -是吗 |
[13:38] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[13:39] | People acting like animals to music? Come on! | 跟着音乐学动物跳舞 来吧 |
[13:45] | Okay, it’s time for the toast. | 好吧 该致词了 |
[13:47] | I know that normally Ross gives the toast, | 我知道往年一向都是由罗斯来致词 |
[13:49] | but this year I’m gonna do it. | 但今年由我来 |
[13:54] | No, it’s gonna be great. Really. | 别这样 内容会很精彩 |
[13:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:00] | Mom, Dad, when I got married… | 妈 爸 我结婚时 |
[14:04] | …one of the things that made me sure that I could do it | 令我对婚姻充满信心的原因之一 |
[14:08] | was the amazing example the two of you set for me. | 就是你们这对模范夫妻为我做出的表率 |
[14:11] | For that, and for so many other things, I want to thank you. | 为了那一点及其他种种 我要感谢你们 |
[14:15] | I know I probably don’t say it enough, but… | 这句话我或许不常说 但… |
[14:19] | I love you. | 我爱你们 |
[14:32] | When I look around this room, | 我环顾四周 |
[14:35] | I’m saddened by the thought of those who could not be with us. | 想起那些无法出席的人 便心生悲伤 |
[14:39] | Nana, my beloved grandmother, | 我亲爱的外婆 |
[14:41] | who would so want to be here. | 她肯定很想来 |
[14:45] | But she can’t… | 但她来不了… |
[14:47] | …because she’s dead. | 因为她死了 |
[14:52] | As is our dog, Chi-Chi. | 我们的狗琪琪也是一样 |
[14:57] | I mean, look how cute she is… was. | 你们看它多可爱… 那是以前的事了 |
[15:03] | Do me a favor, pass this to my parents. | 帮我个忙 请把这个传给我爸妈 |
[15:06] | Remember she’s dead, okay? Her and Nana, gone. | 记住它死了 好吗 它和奶奶都不在了 |
[15:21] | Does anybody remember when… | 还有谁记得… |
[15:23] | …Debra Winger had to say goodbye | 黛博拉·威格在《亲蜜关系》中 |
[15:25] | to her children in Terms of Endearment? | 不得不跟她的孩子们说再见的样子 |
[15:30] | Didn’t see that? | 你们没看过吗 |
[15:33] | No movie fans?! | 没有人爱看电影吗 |
[15:37] | You want to hear something sad? | 你们想听些悲伤的故事吗 |
[15:40] | The other day, I was watching 60 Minutes | 有一天我在《60分钟》 |
[15:41] | and there was this piece on orphans in Romania… | 看到罗马尼亚孤儿院的报导 |
[15:44] | …who have been so neglected that they were incapable of love. | 他们遭到抛弃 无法再爱 |
[15:55] | You people are made of stone! | 你们都是铁血心肠 |
[15:58] | Here’s to Mom and Dad. Whatever! | 敬爸妈 随便啦 |
[16:08] | Thank you, Monica. That was interesting. | 谢谢莫妮卡 那段致辞很有意思 |
[16:12] | Wasn’t it interesting, Jack? | 很有意思吧 杰克 |
[16:13] | Why don’t I remember this dog? | 为什么我不记得这只狗了 |
[16:19] | Ross? Why don’t you give us your toast now? | 罗斯 你为什么不为我们致词呢 |
[16:22] | Oh, no, Mom. It’s just Monica this year. | 不 妈 今年只有莫妮卡致辞 |
[16:26] | You’re not saying anything? | 在我们35周年的派对上 |
[16:28] | On our 35th wedding anniversary? | 你都不打算不致词吗 |
[16:32] | No, of course. | 当然不是 |
[16:37] | Everybody? | 各位 |
[16:39] | I just wanted to say… | 我只想说 |
[16:42] | …on behalf of my new bride, Rachel… | 代表我的新婚妻子瑞秋… |
[16:49] | …and myself, that if… | 还有我自己 |
[16:53] | …if in 35 years, | 如果我们结婚35年后 |
[16:56] | we’re half as happy as you guys are… | 有你们一半幸福… |
[16:59] | …we’ll count ourselves the luckiest people in the world. | 我们会觉得自己是全世界最幸运的人 |
[17:04] | Oh, Ross. | 罗斯 |
[17:09] | I just wish Nana were alive to hear Ross’ toast. | 希望外婆还活着听到罗斯的致词 |
[17:20] | My God, what a fantastically well-lit hallway. | 天啊 这个走廊的灯光真漂亮 |
[17:25] | Can I get you something to drink, like a water and Valium? | 你要喝点东西吗 譬如水跟镇静剂 |
[17:30] | I must say, this apartment, it’s… | 我得说这间公寓… |
[17:34] | there are no words. | 我不知道该怎么形容 |
[17:35] | – Thank God. – It’s a haven. | -谢天谢地 -宛如天堂 |
[17:38] | A third-floor paradise, a modern Eden in the midst. | 位于三楼的天堂 现代伊甸国 |
[17:41] | Yeah, I know, I know. Gotcha. | 我知道 我了解 |
[17:43] | Listen, why don’t we just sit and relax, | 听着 我们坐下来放松一下吧 |
[17:47] | just be with each other quietly. | 安静地彼此依偎 |
[17:50] | That sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[17:53] | My god. This is the most comfortable couch | 天啊 这是我这辈子坐过 |
[17:54] | I’ve ever sat on in my entire life. | 最舒服的沙发 |
[17:57] | Let’s try something else. Let’s play a game. | 我们试点别的 我们玩个游戏吧 |
[18:00] | – I love games. – Shocking. | -我喜欢玩游戏 -不是吧 |
[18:04] | Let’s play the game of… | 我们来玩… |
[18:08] | …who can stay quiet the longest. | 谁能最久不说话的游戏 |
[18:12] | Or Jenga. | 或是玩层层叠 |
[18:15] | Let’s play this one first, and remember, | 我们先玩沉默游戏 记住 |
[18:17] | whoever talks first loses. | 先说话的人就输了 |
[18:24] | – I lose, now Jenga. – Oh, my God. | -我输了 现在来玩层层叠 -我的天啊 |
[18:30] | Is something wrong? | 哪里不对劲吗 |
[18:31] | Wrong? You know the word “wrong”? | 你还知道什么是”不对劲”吗 |
[18:33] | Everything isn’t perfect? Everything isn’t magical? | 难道一切不是美好又神奇吗 |
[18:36] | Everything isn’t aglow with the light of a million fairies? | 难道一切不是闪耀又璀璨吗 |
[18:40] | They were just brake lights, Parker! | 那只是刹车灯而已 派克 |
[18:42] | Excuse me for putting a good spin on a traffic jam. | 对不起我把塞车形容得如此美好 |
[18:48] | You don’t have to put a good spin on everything! | 你不必对所有事物都做美化 |
[18:51] | I’m sorry. That’s who I am. I’m a positive person. | 抱歉 我就是这样一个乐观的人 |
[18:54] | No, I’m a positive person. | 不 我才是个乐观的人 |
[18:56] | You are like Santa Claus on Prozac. | 你像是吃了抗忧郁药的圣诞老人 |
[19:00] | At Disneyland, getting laid! | 在迪士尼乐园享受性爱 |
[19:05] | So what do you want me to do? You want me to be more negative? | 那你想要我怎样 更悲观一些吗 |
[19:08] | You want me to be less happy? | 压抑心中的快乐吗 |
[19:09] | Much less happy. | 使劲压抑 |
[19:12] | Fine. Well, then to quote Ross, “I better be going.” | 好吧 那引用罗斯的话”我最好走了” |
[19:18] | So long! | 再见 |
[19:20] | Don’t let the “best door in the world” | 你出去的时候 别让”全世界最棒的门” |
[19:21] | hit you in the ass on your way out. | 打到屁股了 |
[19:29] | Isn’t this the most incredible fight you’ve had in your entire life? | 这是你一辈子吵过最不可思议的一架吧 |
[19:36] | And then we could’ve gone from the ceremony | 你坐在边车里 |
[19:38] | to the reception with you in the sidecar. | 我们从婚礼现场走到婚宴厅 |
[19:42] | Ross, it just wouldn’t be feasible. | 那样行不通啊 |
[19:45] | But a dove placing the ring on your finger | 鸽子叼着戒指戴到你手上 |
[19:48] | would’ve been no problem. | 就没有问题 |
[19:52] | It was fun being married to you tonight. | 今晚跟你结婚感觉太棒了 |
[19:54] | Yeah, and it was the easiest 400 bucks I’ve ever made. | 对 这四百块真好赚 |
[19:59] | – Okay, Ross, can I ask you something? – Yeah. | -罗斯 我能问你一件事吗 -好吧 |
[20:02] | That proposal at the planetarium? | 在天文馆求婚 |
[20:05] | I know, I know. It was stupid. | 我知道 那太蠢了 |
[20:07] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[20:09] | With the lilies, and the song and the stars? | 有百合花 那首歌 还有星星 |
[20:13] | It was really wonderful. | 简直妙不可言 |
[20:17] | Did you just make that up? | 你是随便编的吗 |
[20:19] | I thought of it when we were going out. | 我们交往时 我想过要那么做 |
[20:22] | That’s how I imagined I would ask you to marry me. | 那就是我想象中跟你求婚的样子 |
[20:28] | Well, that would’ve been very hard to say no to. | 要拒绝你一定很难 |
[20:38] | It’s a good thing I didn’t do it, | 还好我没有那么做 |
[20:39] | because it sounds like it would have been a very expensive wedding. | 因为听起来那会是个昂贵的婚礼 |
[20:49] | – Okay, good night. – Good night. | -好吧 晚安 -晚安 |
[20:56] | Even if the sidecar had a windscreen | 如果边车有挡风玻璃 |
[20:59] | so your hair wouldn’t get messed up? | 你的头发不会被吹乱呢 |
[21:00] | – I will think about it. – That’s all I’m asking. | -我会考虑的 -我已经满足了 |
[21:08] | Okay, that’s it. I give up. | 好吧 够了 我放弃 |
[21:10] | At Mom and Dad’s 40th anniversary, | 在爸妈的40周年派对上 |
[21:12] | you’re the one giving the speech. | 由你来致词 |
[21:14] | You know, I don’t understand why they didn’t cry. | 我不明白他们为什么没哭 |
[21:16] | It was a beautiful speech. | 你的致词很感人 |
[21:18] | – Come on. – All that stuff you said about true love? | -得了吧 -你提到有关真爱的事情 |
[21:21] | You were right. We did learn a lot from Mom and Dad. | 你说得对 我们从爸妈身上学到了很多 |
[21:26] | That picture of Chi-Chi with her mischievous grin. | 琪琪在照片上调皮地笑着 |
[21:30] | And what you said about Nana? | 还有外婆那一段 |
[21:32] | Yeah, she really would’ve wanted to be there. | 她真的会很想去参加 |
[21:37] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[21:40] | I think she was. | 我想她真的去了 |
[21:44] | Oh, good God, Ross, how the hell do you do it? | 天啊 罗斯 你是怎么办到的 |