时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey, you guys. Hey, what are you doing? | 嗨 你俩在干什么 |
[00:07] | Figuring out our wedding plans. | 筹备婚礼 |
[00:09] | Funny. We were doing the same thing. | 太巧了 我们也正合计这事呢 |
[00:13] | It’s really crazy. The hall, the dress, the food. | 疯了 场地 服装 食品 |
[00:17] | I had no idea how expensive this was. | 没想到结个婚这么贵 |
[00:20] | Yeah, it is really pricey. | 是很贵 |
[00:21] | I freaked when I heard the numbers. | 第一次算出结婚费用 我被那个数字吓呆了 |
[00:23] | So, what did you two do about it? | 结果你们怎么做的 |
[00:24] | It was simple. | 简单 |
[00:26] | I came up with some cost-cutting solutions… | 我想出了一些省钱方案 |
[00:28] | …wrote out a list, and Monica told me to go to hell. | 列了个清单 结果莫妮卡叫我去死 |
[00:32] | There’s no way around it. | 没钱好省的 |
[00:33] | Just accept that this is gonna cost a lot of money. | 只能接受现实 确实会花很多钱 |
[00:36] | I heard that weddings are, like, a $40 billion-a-year industry. | 听说每年花在结婚上的钱高达400亿 |
[00:40] | Yeah. And I’m responsible for just, like, half of that. | 这其中我贡献过半 |
[00:45] | But really, it does seem like this money could be put to better use. | 我觉得这钱应该用在更有意义的事上 |
[00:48] | Are you serious? | 当真 |
[00:50] | Yeah. How would you feel | 把婚礼经费 |
[00:51] | if we gave all the wedding money to charity… | 捐献给慈善事业 |
[00:53] | …and we just got married at City Hall? | 我们就到市政厅登个记 如何 |
[00:56] | I think it would make me wanna marry you even more. | 这让我越发想娶你了 |
[01:01] | I gotta say, you guys, that’s an incredible gesture. | 不得不说 你们的高姿态 很好 |
[01:04] | Maybe you do that next time you get married. | 下次你结婚也这么干如何 |
[01:08] | No, no, no. The next time’s gonna be Hawaii at sunset. | 不不不 下次我要在夏威夷斜阳下结婚 |
[01:13] | But maybe the time after that. | 不过下下次可以听取你的意见 |
[01:21] | So no one told you life was gonna be this way | 没人告诉你生活会是这样 |
[01:26] | your jobs a joke, you’re broke, | 你滑稽的工作 你的差劲 |
[01:28] | your love life’s D.O.A. | 你半途而废的爱情 |
[01:31] | It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear, | 就像开车卡在二档 |
[01:36] | And it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, | 每日每周每月 |
[01:39] | or even your year, but | 甚至每年都是如此 |
[01:41] | I’ll be there for you, | 大雨倾盆时 |
[01:45] | ’cause you’re there for me too. | 因为你也陪伴着我 |
[01:56] | – Hey. What’s going on? – Hey. | -嘿 忙啥呢 -嘿 |
[01:58] | Our adoption social worker is coming, | 领养中心有人来家访 |
[02:01] | so we’re cleaning the apartment. | 所以我们在扫除 |
[02:02] | “We”? | 我们 |
[02:04] | You know you don’t want me to help. | 你不想我掺和 |
[02:06] | You can’t have it both ways. | 别现在又说这个 |
[02:10] | Is this the person who decides | 这个人能决定 |
[02:11] | whether or not you get a baby? | 你们是否收养一个孩子 |
[02:13] | Kind of. She’s coming by to interview us and see where we live. | 差不多 这人来视察我们的生活环境 |
[02:15] | And it has to go perfectly, | 我们必须表现得完美 |
[02:17] | because if she doesn’t like something about us | 若她对我们有丝毫不满 |
[02:18] | she can keep us off | 她就会让我们进不了 |
[02:19] | every adoption list in the state. | 全国任何一个领养的名单里 |
[02:21] | Hey, maybe I should stop by. | 我可以过来友情协力一把 |
[02:22] | She could be a soap opera fan. | 她没准爱看肥皂剧 |
[02:24] | It’s very impressive | 小人物认识演艺名流 |
[02:25] | when the little people know a celebrity. | 可以蓬壁生辉呢 |
[02:29] | “Little people”? | 小人物 |
[02:30] | “Celebrity.” | 名流 |
[02:33] | So I think I’m just about done here. | 我觉得我做的差不多了 |
[02:35] | Unless you have any bad stuff hidden somewhere, | 除非你还在哪 |
[02:38] | like porn or cigarettes? | 藏了像黄书 香烟什么的 |
[02:40] | What? | 什么 |
[02:43] | – No. – Chandler. | -才没有 -钱德勒 |
[02:48] | I don’t, | 我没有 |
[02:49] | and I’m offended by the insinuation. | 这样玷污人家清白太气人了 |
[02:51] | So there’s not a magazine under the couch… | 沙发下没有杂志 |
[02:55] | …or cigarettes taped to the back of the toilet tank… | 厕所水箱后没有一包香烟 |
[02:58] | …or a filthy video in the VCR? | 录象机里没有A片 |
[03:02] | I’ll admit to the cigarettes and magazine. | 香烟和杂志我认帐 |
[03:04] | But that tape is not mine. | 但带子不是我的 |
[03:06] | It isn’t mine. | 也不是我的 |
[03:07] | I guess we’ll never know whose it is. | 我想我们永远不会知道是谁的了 |
[03:18] | May I help you? | 可以帮忙吗 |
[03:18] | Yes. We’re here | 我们来给孩子们 |
[03:20] | to make a rather sizable donation to the children. | 捐一大笔钱 |
[03:22] | Any contribution, large or small, | 捐钱不论多少 心意都是一样重 |
[03:24] | is appreciated. | 我们都会感激 |
[03:25] | I think you’re gonna appreciate | 数目这样大 |
[03:26] | the crap out of this one. | 你一定会把屎都感动出来了 |
[03:29] | Well, this is very generous. | 你们真大方 |
[03:30] | And we don’t want any recognition. | 我们要匿名捐助 |
[03:32] | This is completely anonymous. | 完全匿名 |
[03:34] | Completely anonymous. From two kind strangers. | 完全匿名 就写两个陌生人 |
[03:37] | Mr. X and Phoebe Buffay. | 先生甲和菲比·布菲 |
[03:41] | Well if you like, | 如果你们愿意 |
[03:42] | we can include your names in our newsletter. | 我们可以把二位的名字登到新闻通讯里 |
[03:43] | Not necessary. | 没必要 |
[03:44] | Buffay is spelled B-U-F-F-A-Y. | 布菲的拼法是 B-U-F-F-A-Y |
[03:47] | And X is spelled “Mike Hannigan.” | 先生甲的写法是 迈克·汉尼根 |
[03:52] | Well, on behalf of the children, thank you both very much. | 我代表孩子们多谢两位 |
[03:55] | I’m glad we did this. It feels so good. | 我很高兴我们这么做了 感觉真棒 |
[03:58] | It does. It feels really good. | 是啊 非常棒 |
[04:00] | Oh, look. And we get these free T-shirts. | 还有免费T恤拿 |
[04:02] | Actually, that’s the shirt I wore to the gym. | 那是我健身穿的 |
[04:06] | It’s moist. | 难怪是湿的 |
[04:11] | Hi. Emma will be up in a minute. | 艾玛会很快起床的 |
[04:13] | Oh, good. | 好啊 |
[04:14] | Hey, Ross, listen. I heard about you and Charlie. | 嘿 罗斯 听说你跟查莉的事了 |
[04:17] | I’m really sorry. | 替你难过 |
[04:18] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[04:19] | I’m sure there are tons of other beautiful paleontologists out there. | 美貌的考古学家多的是 |
[04:23] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[04:24] | There was one. She’s it. | 只有一个 就是她 |
[04:26] | All the rest look like they should live under a bridge. | 其他的就好象是桥洞居民一样 |
[04:31] | So, what are you gonna do today? | 今天想怎么玩 |
[04:33] | I was thinking of taking Emma to the playground. | 带艾玛去街心游乐场怎么样 |
[04:36] | Oh, my God. What? | 天啊 什么 |
[04:40] | Like I said, I was thinking of | 我又没说 |
[04:41] | taking Emma to the Museum of Knives and Fire. | 带她去武器弹药博物馆 |
[04:47] | Okay, look, Ross. | 听着 罗斯 |
[04:48] | I do not want Emma going to the playground. | 我反对艾玛去游乐场 |
[04:56] | Because…? | 因为 |
[04:57] | All right, if you must know, I had a traumatic… | 好吧 如果你想知道… |
[05:01] | …swing incident when I was little. | 我小时候荡秋千遇险 |
[05:06] | – Seriously? – Yes. I was 4 years old. | -真的 -我才四岁 |
[05:08] | And I was on the swing… | 我荡秋千 |
[05:10] | …and then all of a sudden my hair got tangled in the chain. | 突然头发缠到铁链上 |
[05:15] | And to get me out, | 结果老妈剪掉我一大缕头发 |
[05:16] | my mom had to cut a big chunk of my hair. | 才救我出来 |
[05:22] | And it was uneven for weeks. | 结果有好几星期头发才长齐 |
[05:30] | And you made it through that? | 你竟熬了过来 |
[05:34] | I wonder who’s gonna play you in the movie. | 简直可以拍成电影 |
[05:39] | Okay, fine, you can make fun of me. | 你尽管拿我取笑 |
[05:41] | I do not want Emma going there. | 反正我就是不想艾玛去 |
[05:43] | And I was thinking Claire Danes. | 我在想能不能让克莱尔·丹妮丝扮演我 |
[05:46] | Look, I’m sorry to hear about your tragedy. | 你的悲剧令我同情 |
[05:49] | But the swings are perfectly safe. | 不过秋千很安全 |
[05:51] | And besides, Emma loves them. | 而且艾玛喜欢荡秋千 |
[05:53] | You should come, and you’ll see. | 我们同去 你就知道了 |
[05:55] | Those things go, like, 40 miles an hour. | 秋千速度高达40英里/小时 |
[05:58] | And there’s that moment when you’re at the top… | 当你荡到最高处 |
[06:00] | …when you just don’t know if you’re gonna return back to Earth. | 鬼才知道会不会返回地球 |
[06:06] | Space is filled with orbiting children. | 宇宙充满小孩子绕轨道运行 |
[06:12] | Look, please, just come on. | 求你了 来嘛 |
[06:15] | When you see the look on Emma’s face, | 你若看见艾玛的小表情 |
[06:17] | I swear, you won’t regret it. | 决不会后悔 |
[06:21] | – All right. – Good. | -好吧 -太好了 |
[06:23] | You don’t wanna be a mom | 你不会像有的妈妈那样 |
[06:24] | who passes her irrational fears to her children. | 把自己失去理智的恐惧遗传给小孩吧 |
[06:27] | “Irrational,” huh? | “失去理智” |
[06:29] | I’ll remember that next time | 下次你被家里的蜘蛛吓到 |
[06:31] | you freak out about a spider in your apartment. | 我们再谈这个话题 |
[06:33] | That’s the same. I’m sure there are 30 | 这两个可以相提并论吗 秋千上 |
[06:35] | different species of poisonous swings. | 有30种不同毒液 |
[06:41] | Oh, my God. The adoption lady is early. | 天啊 领养中心的来早了 |
[06:44] | Okay. Okay. Here we go. Here we go. | 好的好的 镇静镇静 |
[06:47] | Stand up straight. | 站直咯 |
[06:49] | Big smile. | 微笑 |
[06:53] | Hello. Is this the Creepy residence? | 你们好 请问这是”毛骨悚然”家吗 |
[06:56] | We’re waiting for the adoption lady. | 还以为是领养中心的来了 |
[06:58] | But I’m glad you’re here. | 你来得正好 |
[06:59] | I was cleaning this morning | 今早打扫时发现的 |
[07:01] | and I found this. | 不知道你用不用得上 |
[07:03] | I don’t know if you wanna use it, but…. | 我不知道你是不是想用 但是… |
[07:06] | Oh, this is so sweet of you. | 你真好 |
[07:09] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[07:10] | I won’t be needing a veil, | 我并不需要这头纱 |
[07:11] | I actually won’t be wearing a dress at all! | 我实际上都不会穿婚纱 |
[07:13] | I told you, | 我告诉过你 |
[07:14] | I am not coming to a naked wedding! | 裸体婚礼我不会参加的 |
[07:16] | No. We’re not having a big reception. | 我们不会招待宴请 |
[07:19] | we took the money we were gonna spend on a wedding | 我们把婚礼经费 |
[07:20] | and we donate them to the children charity. | 捐给儿童慈善事业了 |
[07:23] | That’s crazy! | 你真疯狂 |
[07:26] | I’m sorry. I can’t imagine giving up | 抱歉 只是无法想象 |
[07:29] | my one wedding day like that. | 一生只有一次啊 |
[07:31] | Well, we’re different. | 我们不同 |
[07:32] | I don’t care about having a huge party. | 我不在乎什么盛大婚礼 |
[07:34] | This is really nice for you, but…. | 头纱你戴是很美 但是… |
[07:37] | Oh, please. I put this on and I just look like– | 你看我一戴上 简直就… |
[07:40] | Well, radiant. | 美极了 |
[07:45] | All right, but who cares? | 管它呢 |
[07:46] | I don’t need a pretty veil and a fancy dress. | 我不需要头纱婚纱这些玩意 |
[07:49] | That’s right. You’re making a commitment. | 对 你们是互许终身 |
[07:51] | You know, that’s the same whether you do it at the Plaza or…. | 不管在广场举行还是别的什么地方都是一样 |
[07:54] | – Where you gonna do it? – City Hall. | -你选了啥地方 -市政厅 |
[07:56] | Oh, that sounds nice. | 好地方 |
[08:02] | I was just there for jury duty. | 我刚去过那做评审委员 |
[08:03] | They’ve really spruced that place up. | 他们把那打理得非常整洁漂亮呢 |
[08:06] | Okay. It’s okay… | 没关系… |
[08:07] | I’ve made my decision. | 我已经下定决心 |
[08:11] | What I really want is a great big wedding. | 但我真正想要的是一个盛大的婚礼 |
[08:16] | But you gave all the money to charity. | 但钱已经捐啦 |
[08:18] | Well, I’ll just ask for it back. | 可以要回来 |
[08:22] | I don’t think you can do that. | 不行吧 |
[08:23] | Why not? | 怎么不行 |
[08:24] | This is her wedding day. | 她这可是结婚 |
[08:25] | That’s way more important than some stupid kids. | 这可比什么愚蠢的小孩子重要多了 |
[08:29] | That’s sweet, honey, | 说得好 亲爱的 |
[08:31] | but save something for the adoption lady. | 但这些话省下来说给领养中心的人听吧 |
[08:40] | – All right, okay. Be careful. – Okay. | -好 小心点 -好 |
[08:42] | Careful. Watch her hair. Watch her hair! | 小心 小心她头发 |
[08:47] | Rach, she’s got, like, three hairs. | 她才三根毛 |
[08:49] | I know. I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[08:50] | But they’re just so beautiful. | 但是很漂亮 |
[08:52] | Oh, my God, I just pulled one out. | 糟糕 扯掉一根 |
[08:55] | I promise you she’s safe. | 我保证 她很安全 |
[08:57] | Watch how much she loves this. | 你看她多喜欢玩秋千 |
[08:59] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧 好吧 |
[09:00] | Are you ready, sweetie? Here we go. | 你准备好了吗 亲爱的 开始喽 |
[09:04] | Okay, careful. Okay. | 小心 |
[09:11] | She’s smiling. | 她笑了 |
[09:13] | Look at that, she does like it. | 看 她真的很喜欢 |
[09:15] | See, I told you. | 看到没 我告诉过你的吧 |
[09:23] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:24] | Look at her, she’s a little daredevil. | 看看她真有不怕死的精神 |
[09:26] | Oh, God. Let me push. Can I push? | 让我推好不好 |
[09:29] | Oh, absolutely. | 哦 当然 |
[09:31] | Oh, God. Okay, get the camera. | 你去拿相机 |
[09:33] | It’s in the diaper bag. | 在尿布包里 |
[09:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[09:36] | See? Scared of the swings. | 还怕秋千 |
[09:39] | I bet you feel pretty silly. | 现在觉得傻了吧 |
[09:45] | We’re asking for the money back? | 我们真要把钱要回来 |
[09:47] | It’s for our wedding day. | 结婚要用 |
[09:49] | Now, is this guy gay or straight? | 这小子喜欢男的女的 |
[09:51] | Because one of us has to start flirting. | 我们非得出美人计 |
[09:55] | You here to make another donation the same day? | 你们一天来捐两次钱 |
[09:57] | I don’t think that’s ever happened before. | 真是前所未有呢 |
[09:59] | Gay. Go. | 同性恋 你上 |
[10:04] | Oh, my God, I love your shirt. | 天呐 你的衬衣好帅 |
[10:08] | The donation we made earlier? | 我们今天捐的钱 |
[10:10] | Well, we want it back. | 我们想要回来 |
[10:14] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[10:15] | Okay, that money was for a big wedding | 那是办婚礼的钱 |
[10:18] | we thought we didn’t want. | 我们本来不想大办 |
[10:19] | But it turns out we do. | 但现在我们改变了主意 |
[10:21] | So you’re asking us | 所以你要我们退还 |
[10:22] | to refund your donation to the children? | 你们捐给孩子们的钱 |
[10:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:27] | This feels really good. | 这样感觉真不错 |
[10:33] | I’m sorry. I am. | 对不起 真的 |
[10:35] | But this wedding’s just really important to me. | 但婚礼对我相当重要 |
[10:37] | Hey, it’s none of my business. | 不关我事 |
[10:39] | Besides, this is probably a good thing. | 也许这是件好事 |
[10:41] | We’ve really been spoiling the children, | 别把孩子惯坏了 |
[10:42] | what with all the food and warm clothing. | 让他们吃饱穿暖干嘛 |
[10:46] | That’s not fair. | 你这么说不公平 |
[10:48] | A person’s wedding is important. | 结婚是大事 |
[10:49] | And especially to me. | 尤其对于我来说 |
[10:51] | I didn’t have a graduation party. | 我没参加过毕业典礼 |
[10:54] | And I didn’t go to prom. | 没有毕业舞会 |
[10:55] | And I spent my sweet 16 being chased around a tire yard… | 在我的16岁生日的时候 |
[10:59] | …by an escaped mental patient | 我被精神病人在一个废旧轮胎场地狂追 |
[11:02] | who, in his own words, wanted to: | 他还说 |
[11:03] | “Kill me, or whatever.” | 杀我什么的 |
[11:06] | So I deserve a real celebration. | 我应当有个隆重的婚礼 |
[11:09] | And I’m not gonna let some sweaty little man | 我不会让你个流汗男 |
[11:12] | make me feel badly about it. | 弄的我觉得内疚 |
[11:18] | She could’ve been talking about either one of us. | 她也有可能是在说我 |
[11:27] | Hi, I’m Laura. | 我是劳拉 |
[11:28] | I’m here for your adoption interview. | 我来做领养家访 |
[11:30] | Hi, I’m Monica. And this is Chandler. | 我是莫妮卡 这是钱德勒 |
[11:33] | – Please come in. – Thank you. | -请进 -谢谢 |
[11:35] | Would you like something to drink? | 请进 喝点什么 |
[11:37] | Water would be fine. | 喝水可以了 |
[11:38] | We’re so glad that you’re here. | 你总算来了 |
[11:41] | We’re excited about getting this process started. | 我们好兴奋 终于开始领养小孩的流程了 |
[11:44] | Because we love kids. Love them to death. | 因为我们爱小孩 爱得要死 |
[11:47] | Well, not actually to death. | 不是真的要孩子”死” |
[11:49] | That’s just a figure of speech. | 只是这么形容一下 |
[11:51] | We love kids the appropriate amount… | 我们爱孩子 恰当合理 |
[11:55] | …as allowed by law. | 符合法律法规 |
[11:59] | – Your place is just lovely. – Thank you. | -你们家好可爱 -谢谢 |
[12:01] | Yes, this building does have a wholesome, | 这栋楼的确看起来很卫生 |
[12:04] | family feel to it. | 给人家的感觉 |
[12:05] | I feel like I’ve been here before. | 我好像来过这里 |
[12:08] | Any other couples in the building adopting? | 这里还有谁家在申请领养吗 |
[12:10] | Is that that couple on the first floor? | 是不是一楼那家 |
[12:12] | Because we should get a baby before them. | 我们应该比他们先得到孩子 |
[12:14] | That guy tried to sell me drugs. | 他还想卖毒品给我 |
[12:18] | But other than that, | 但其他人都好 |
[12:19] | wholesome, wholesome building. | 这是栋干净卫生的楼 |
[12:24] | What? | 怎么 |
[12:25] | I realized why I remember this place. | 我想起来了为什么我对这楼有记忆了 |
[12:28] | Really? What is it? | 真的 怎么回事 |
[12:29] | Oh, it’s nothing. | 哦 没什么 |
[12:30] | I went on a date with a guy who lived in this building. | 我和住在这栋楼里的一个男人约会 |
[12:32] | It didn’t end very well. | 结果无疾而终 |
[12:34] | That wouldn’t, by any chance, be Joey Tribbiani? | 那人该不是叫乔伊·崔比安尼吧 |
[12:37] | – Yes! – Of course it was. | -就是他 -当然是他 |
[12:41] | We had a great night. | 良宵过后 |
[12:43] | In the morning, he promised he’d call | 他说他再打电话给我 |
[12:44] | and he didn’t. | 结果再没联络 |
[12:46] | Rat bastard! | 真他妈混蛋 |
[12:49] | So you’re not friends with him? | 你们该不是他朋友 |
[12:50] | Oh, God, no. | 当然不是 不 |
[12:51] | No, no, no. | 当然不是 不 |
[12:52] | No. Nope. | 当然不是 |
[12:54] | No… | 不… |
[12:55] | No… | 不… |
[12:55] | No… | 不… |
[12:56] | No… | 不… |
[12:58] | No… | 不… |
[13:02] | Well, I’m sorry I brought it up. | 抱歉提到这事 |
[13:04] | So are either one of you planning on staying at home? | 那么你们当中有人打算待在家里吗 |
[13:07] | Hello? Anybody in there order a celebrity? | 有人吗 名人驾到 |
[13:16] | What was that? | 怎么了 |
[13:17] | That’s just some crazy guy who roams the halls here. | 过道上乱跑的疯子 |
[13:21] | He’s great with kids, though. | 不过他对小孩很慈祥 |
[13:30] | Ross. Oh, my God, are you okay? | 罗斯 天啊 你还好 |
[13:32] | Son of a bitch! | 他妹的 |
[13:38] | Oh, relax. I didn’t say the F-word. | 别紧张 我又没说F打头那个字 |
[13:43] | Ross, see, | 罗斯 看吧 |
[13:44] | I told you! Those swings are evil! | 早告诉你了 秋千太邪恶了 |
[13:46] | That is it. | 就这一次了 |
[13:47] | That’s the last time Emma is getting on | 这辈子再也不许 |
[13:49] | one of those things for her entire life. | 艾玛接近它 |
[13:51] | No, no, no. Okay, it wasn’t the swing’s fault. | 别这样 不是秋千的错 |
[13:54] | It was my fault. | 是我错 |
[13:55] | And kind of that kid’s fault. | 还有那孩子的错 |
[13:58] | Who is still laughing. Nice. | 他还笑呢 算你恨 |
[14:01] | Come on. Can we just get out of here | 在再有人受伤之前 |
[14:03] | before somebody else gets hurt? | 我们走吧 |
[14:05] | No. Wait. Ok, ok. I have an idea. | 不 等等 这样吧 |
[14:07] | I want you to get on the swing… | 你去荡秋千 |
[14:08] | …and you’ll see that there’s nothing to be afraid of. | 你会发现没什么好担心的 |
[14:14] | I know what this is all about. | 我知道你意欲何为了 |
[14:17] | You’ve always been jealous of my hair. | 你一贯嫉妒我满头秀发 |
[14:21] | I just think you’re an adult, okay? | 这只是想你已经成年了 |
[14:23] | And you should get over your silly fears. | 该克服那些愚蠢的恐惧了 |
[14:25] | All right, fine. I’ll do it. | 好 上就上 |
[14:27] | Good. | 好 |
[14:28] | If you hold a spider. | 如果你敢抓蜘蛛 |
[14:29] | Where?! Where?! | 在哪儿 在哪儿 |
[14:32] | If you hold a spider. | 我说”如果”你敢抓蜘蛛 |
[14:34] | I know. | 我听见了 |
[14:43] | Guys, is everything okay? | 伙计们 没事吧 |
[14:45] | It’s me, Joey. | 是我 乔伊 |
[14:48] | Adoption! | 领养 |
[14:52] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[14:53] | Oh, it’s just like I said, that crazy… | 就是那个叫波特疯子 |
[14:56] | …Bert, roaming the halls. | 在过道上跑 |
[15:00] | Guys? | 伙计们 |
[15:01] | Keep on roaming, Bert! | 接着跑吧 波特 |
[15:03] | We don’t want any crazy today! | 今天我们不看你疯了 |
[15:07] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么了 |
[15:08] | We’ll talk later! Bert. Everything’s fine! | 我们等会再说 波特 一切都好 |
[15:11] | Everything doesn’t sound fine. | 听起来就是有问题 |
[15:14] | Is he all right out there by himself? | 他独自一个在外面 不会出事吧 |
[15:16] | Oh, yeah. He has a caretaker. | 没事 他有监管人 |
[15:18] | His older brother… | 是他哥 |
[15:20] | …Ernie. | 叫欧尼 |
[15:24] | Bert and Ernie? | 波特和欧尼 |
[15:25] | You can’t make this stuff up. | 无巧不成书 |
[15:30] | You never told me about that guy | 你没说过你16岁生日时 |
[15:31] | and your sweet 16. | 被男人追杀的故事 |
[15:32] | I’m sorry about that. | 真可怜 |
[15:34] | Oh, it ended okay. | 结局还算好 |
[15:36] | One of my friends shot him. | 我朋友毙了他 |
[15:39] | At least you’ll get a proper wedding. | 至少你会有个体面婚礼 |
[15:42] | You really deserve that. | 你该得的 |
[15:43] | Yeah, I really do. | 是的 没错 |
[15:44] | You know, I had nothing growing up. | 知道吗 长这么大我还没风光过 |
[15:49] | Just like the kids I took the money from. | 就像被我剥夺金钱的那些孩子一样 |
[15:52] | No… I see where this is going. | 不… 看出你苗头了 |
[15:55] | Don’t make me go back there. | 别又想让我退回去 |
[15:58] | Look, I can’t have a wedding with this money now. | 我不能用这钱办婚事 |
[16:01] | It’s tainted. | 这样就有污点了 |
[16:03] | Fine, we’ll give the money back. | 好吧 退回就是了 |
[16:05] | If that guy at the charity | 如果慈善捐助处那家伙 |
[16:06] | gives us a hard time… | 又叫咱们难看 |
[16:08] | …my friend hasn’t shot anyone in a really long time. | 我朋友的老枪好久没见过血了 |
[16:13] | I must say this seems like | 我想说 这种环境 |
[16:14] | a lovely environment to raise a child in. | 培养小孩似乎很理想 |
[16:16] | You are welcome to look under | 你尽可以在各种家具 |
[16:19] | any of the furniture… | 下面搜查 |
[16:20] | …because, believe me, | 相信我 |
[16:21] | you won’t find any porn or cigarettes under there. | 绝无黄书和香烟什么的 |
[16:24] | Before we look around, | 在到处看看之前 |
[16:26] | let me make sure | 让我先检查下我的表 |
[16:27] | I have everything I need up to here. | 是不是都填好了 |
[16:34] | Why don’t I show you the baby’s room. | 我带你去看看婴儿房 |
[16:42] | What are you doing? | 你干啥 |
[16:43] | You wouldn’t let me in. | 你不让我进来 |
[16:44] | I thought you were in trouble. | 我以为你们出事了 |
[16:45] | Well, we’re not. | 才没有 |
[16:46] | But you called me “Bert.” | 但你叫我”波特” |
[16:49] | That’s our code word for danger. | 那是”危险”的暗号 |
[16:53] | We don’t have a code word. | 我们没约定过什么暗号 |
[16:54] | We don’t? | 没有吗 |
[16:57] | We really should. | 应该约一个 |
[16:58] | From now on, | 从今往后 |
[16:59] | “Bert” will be our code word for danger. | “波特”就用来作为遇到危险的暗号 |
[17:02] | So that was the baby’s room. | 参观完婴儿房 |
[17:07] | What room should we see next? | 下面参观哪里 |
[17:08] | Any room that isn’t behind this couch. | 除了沙发后面都可以参观 |
[17:13] | Some people don’t get him, | 有些人不懂他的笑话 |
[17:15] | but I think he’s really funny. | 但我觉得他真幽默 |
[17:24] | I did not care for that. | 我不在乎被你粗暴对待 |
[17:28] | You have to leave. | 你得回避 |
[17:29] | You slept with our social worker | 你和这个社工睡过 |
[17:31] | and never called her back. | 再没联络她 |
[17:32] | She is still pissed, | 她还在生你的气 |
[17:33] | so she can’t see you. | 不能让她见到你 |
[17:34] | Okay, okay. | 好 好 |
[17:39] | – What? – I forgot my bat. | -怎么了 -忘了拿球棒 |
[17:44] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[17:47] | And for the last time, | 最后一次告诉你 |
[17:48] | we do not want to be friends with you! | 我们不想和你做朋友 |
[17:53] | And we don’t wanna buy your bat! | 也不想买你的球棒 |
[17:57] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干什么 |
[17:59] | Bert… | “波特”… |
[18:05] | Are you friends with him? | 你们是朋友 |
[18:07] | I can explain. | 我来解释 |
[18:10] | Joey? | 乔伊你说 |
[18:12] | All right. Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:18] | You have got some nerve coming back here. | 你还敢回来 太有种了 |
[18:23] | I can’t believe you never called me. | 真不敢相信你竟从来没给我打过电话 |
[18:24] | Excuse me? | 你说什么呢 |
[18:27] | You probably don’t even remember my name. | 你可能连我名字也忘了吧 |
[18:28] | It’s Joey, by the way. | 告诉你 我叫乔伊 |
[18:30] | And don’t bother telling me yours, | 不必说你的名字 |
[18:31] | because I totally remember it, lady. | 我记得 女士 |
[18:37] | I waited weeks for you to call me. | 我一直等你电话 |
[18:39] | I gave you my number. | 我给你电话号码了 |
[18:40] | You never called me. | 你没联系我啊 |
[18:41] | Don’t try to turn this around on me. | 还想把屎盆子往我身上扣 |
[18:43] | I am not some kind of social work… | 我可不是 |
[18:47] | …that you can just… | 让你可以随便做的 |
[18:49] | …do. | 社会工作 |
[18:54] | I’m pretty sure I gave you my number. | 我确信给过你电话 |
[18:56] | Really? Think about it. Come on. | 真的吗 那你想想看 |
[18:58] | You’re a beautiful woman. | 你这么漂亮 |
[19:00] | Smart, funny. | 聪明又有趣 |
[19:02] | We had a really good time. | 你我春风一度 |
[19:06] | If I had your number, | 如果我有你电话 |
[19:07] | why wouldn’t I call you? | 怎么可能不打给你 |
[19:09] | I don’t know. | 就是不知道呀 |
[19:13] | Well, maybe I’m wrong. | 可能我搞错了 |
[19:14] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[19:15] | Hey, too late for apologies. Okay? | 现在道歉太晚啦 |
[19:18] | You broke my heart. | 你伤了我的心 |
[19:20] | You know how many women | 你知道就为了忘掉你 |
[19:21] | I had to sleep with to get over you? | 我睡了多少女人吗 |
[19:27] | – Joey, wait– – No! | -乔伊 留步… -不 |
[19:29] | I waited a long time! | 我等得够久 |
[19:30] | I can’t wait anymore. | 不可能再等了 |
[19:35] | I’m sorry that you had to see that. | 抱歉让你们笑话了 |
[19:37] | I’m so embarrassed. | 太丢人了 |
[19:38] | Oh, that’s really okay. | 没事 |
[19:40] | Yeah. We totally understand. | 我们理解 |
[19:42] | Dating is hard. | 约会可够人受的 |
[19:44] | Boy, you people are nice. | 你们真是好人 |
[19:47] | And I’ve got to say… | 我得说… |
[19:49] | …l think you’re going to make excellent parents. | 你们一定会是很棒的父母 |
[19:56] | Laura! | 劳拉 |
[20:05] | We’re back. | 我们回来啦 |
[20:08] | Are you here to take more money? | 你们是想再多要点钱 |
[20:10] | Because I think what you’re looking for is an ATM. | 你们应该找提款机 |
[20:14] | No, no, we’re here to give the money back. | 不不 我们把钱退给你们 |
[20:16] | Yeah. Because you know what? | 因为你知道 |
[20:18] | It’s all about the children. | 一切都是为了孩子 |
[20:20] | Although it’s also about the wedding. | 当然 我们的婚礼也很重要 |
[20:24] | All right, here. | 好吧 给 |
[20:25] | No. Oh, God. | 不要 天呐 |
[20:27] | If I haven’t said so already, | 我好像还没有说 |
[20:28] | sir, congratulations. | 恭喜你啊 先生 |
[20:31] | Enough, all right? | 够了 好吗 |
[20:33] | I’m stepping in and putting my foot down. | 我要插手做决定了 |
[20:35] | As your future husband, | 作为你的未来老公 |
[20:36] | I’m gonna make this decision for us. | 我说了算 |
[20:40] | What do you think we should do? | 你说咋办 |
[20:43] | You know what. It’s not your decision anymore. | 现在不是你们说了算了 |
[20:46] | What? | 什么 |
[20:46] | On behalf of the children of New York, | 我代表纽约儿童 |
[20:48] | I reject your money. | 拒绝你们的捐款 |
[20:51] | But we’re giving you this. | 但是我们在给你钱啊 |
[20:52] | And I’m giving it back to you. | 现在退给你们 |
[20:54] | Come on. Consider it a contribution. | 拿着吧 当作礼金好了 |
[20:58] | Well, this is very generous. | 你可真够大方啊 |
[21:01] | Please take the check. | 支票拿走 |
[21:02] | Have a great wedding | 祝婚礼成功 |
[21:03] | and a wonderful life together. | 幸福甜蜜 |
[21:05] | Sounds good to me. | 听来不错 |
[21:06] | We can save up, come back in a few years… | 我们以后存了钱 |
[21:08] | …and make an even bigger donation. | 过两年捐更多 |
[21:10] | Absolutely. And when you do, make sure you ask for Brian. | 当然 下次记得找布莱恩捐 |
[21:12] | – Oh, is that you? – No. | -布莱恩是你 -不 |
[21:20] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:22] | Oh, hi. | 哦 嗨 |
[21:25] | Oh, my God, really? | 天啊 真的吗 |
[21:27] | I can’t wait to tell Chandler. | 我迫不及待想告诉钱德勒了 |
[21:29] | Okay. Goodbye. | 好 再见 |
[21:31] | Wrong number? | 打错电话的 |
[21:33] | That was Laura. | 是劳拉 |
[21:35] | She gave us a great report | 她替我们大大美言 |
[21:36] | and we’re officially on the waiting list. | 我们正式上了领养排队名单 |
[21:38] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[21:39] | Now we just wait for a call… | 我们现在就等人 |
[21:40] | …and someone tells us | 给我们打电话告诉我们 |
[21:42] | there’s a baby waiting for us. | 有个小孩等我们去领养了 |
[21:57] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:59] | Have you seen Joey’s bat? | 看见乔伊的球棒吗 |
[22:07] | Okay. I got a spider. | 好了 我捉到了蜘蛛 |
[22:10] | There were two, I picked the bigger one. | 有两只 我挑了只大的 |
[22:13] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[22:19] | This feels perfectly normal. | 感觉一切正常 |
[22:23] | Okay, get on the swing. | 好了 你上秋千去 |
[22:27] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[22:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:37] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[22:46] | See? | 看到了吗 |
[22:47] | All right. I can do this. | 啊 没事了 我可以玩秋千了 |
[22:50] | There you go. Good for you. | 是啊 干得好 |
[22:52] | You know what? I’m getting used to this little guy. | 知道吗 我已经习惯这小家伙了 |
[22:54] | I don’t even feel him in here anymore. | 我已经完全感觉不到它的存在了 |
[22:57] | That’s because he’s on your neck. | 因为它爬到你脖子上去了 |