英文名称:Gabriels Inferno
年代:2020
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:32] | Miss Mitchell? | 米切爾小姐 |
[01:44] | I expect an answer to my question, Miss Mitchell. | 我在等你回答我的問題米切爾小姐 |
[01:47] | If you’d care to join us. | 如果你願意聽課的話 |
[01:53] | Is English your first language? | 英語是你的母語嗎 |
[02:00] | Since Miss Mitchell seems to be carrying on | 米切爾小姐似乎在用另一門語言 |
[02:02] | a parallel seminar in a different language, | 在上另一節討論課 |
[02:06] | perhaps someone else would be kind enough to answer my question? | 哪位同學願意回答我的問題嗎 |
[02:12] | Dante looks into the face of God and says… | 但丁看着上帝的臉 說道 |
[02:16] | All’alta fantasia | 要達到那崇高的幻想[意大利語] |
[02:18] | qui manco possa. | 我力不勝任[意大利語] |
[02:20] | Correct, Miss Peterson. | 回答正確 彼得森小姐 |
[02:31] | All’alta… | 要達到那[意大利語] |
[02:34] | fantasia… | 崇高的幻想[意大利語] |
[02:36] | qui… manco… possa. | 我 力不 勝任[意大利語] |
[02:48] | After the Tuscan Guelphs defeated the Ghibellines | 1289年 托斯卡納的歸爾甫派在 |
[02:51] | in 1289 at the Battle of Campaldino and Vicopisano… | 坎帕迪諾與維科皮薩諾之戰中打敗吉柏林派後 |
[02:53] | 愛默生 是個混蛋 | |
[02:55] | Something funny, Miss Mitchell? | 有什麼好笑的嗎 米切爾小姐 |
[03:00] | It was my fault, Professor Emerson. | 是我的錯 愛默生教授 |
[03:02] | I was asking what page we were on. | 我剛剛在問她講到第幾頁了 |
[03:06] | Hardly an appropriate question from a doctoral student, Paul. | 這可不像是個博士生會問的問題 保羅 |
[03:10] | We began with the first canto. | 我們是從第一篇講起的 |
[03:13] | I trust you can find it without her help. | 我相信沒她的幫忙你也能找得到 |
[03:18] | And Miss Mitchell? | 米切爾小姐 |
[03:22] | See me in my office after class. | 課後到我辦公室來一下 |
[03:42] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[03:45] | I’m, uh, Paul Norris. | 我是保羅·諾里斯 |
[03:47] | I’m Julia Mitchell. | 我是朱莉婭·米切爾 |
[03:49] | I’m sorry the Professor was such a prick. | 很抱歉教授那麼混蛋 |
[03:51] | I don’t know what’s eating him. | 不知道他到底怎麼了 |
[03:55] | You’re new? | 你是新來的嗎 |
[03:56] | I just arrived from Saint Joseph’s University. | 我剛從聖約瑟夫大學轉來 |
[03:59] | And you’re here for your Master’s? | 你是來攻讀碩士的嗎 |
[04:01] | Yes. It probably doesn’t seem like it. | 是的 可能看起來不太像 |
[04:03] | I’m supposed to be studying to be a Dante specialist. | 我來這裏是爲了成爲一個但丁專家 |
[04:08] | So you’re here for Emerson? | 那你是爲了愛默生轉來的 |
[04:10] | He’s, uh, difficult to work with. | 他這人挺難相處的 |
[04:12] | I’m writing my dissertation with him. | 他是我論文導師 |
[04:15] | And there’s also Christa Peterson. | 班裏還有個克里斯塔·彼得森 |
[04:17] | Christa? | 克里斯塔 |
[04:18] | She’s his other PhD student, | 她是他的另一個博士生 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1139个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:163个,六级词汇:77个,GRE词汇:67个,托福词汇:111个,考研词汇:182个,专四词汇:156个,专八词汇:17个, 所有生词标注共:298个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:20] | but her goal is to be the future Mrs. Emerson. | 但她的目標是成爲未來的愛默生太太 |
[04:22] | She just started the program and | 她剛開始讀博 |
[04:24] | she’s already baking him cookies. | 就已經在給教授烤餅乾了 |
[04:26] | She doesn’t seem to be aware of the | 看樣子她還不瞭解 |
[04:27] | University’s strict non-fraternization policy. | 這所大學嚴格的非聯誼政策 |
[04:29] | Anyway, you better go. Emerson hates waiting. | 趕緊去吧 愛默生不喜歡等人 |
[04:33] | It’s down here, take a left. | 從這邊走過去 再左轉 |
[04:36] | It’s the corner office. | 轉角處的辦公室就是 |
[04:39] | Good Luck. | 祝你好運 |
[04:56] | I’m sorry I didn’t call you back. | 對不起我沒給你回電 |
[04:56] | 意大利研究系 加百列·O·爱默生教授 | |
[04:59] | I was in my seminar. | 我在上討論課 |
[05:02] | It’s the first lecture of the year, asshole, | 這是學年第一節課 你這混蛋 |
[05:04] | and the last time I talked to her, she said she was fine. | 我上次跟她談話的時候 她說她挺好的 |
[05:10] | Of course I wanted to be there. | 我當然也希望能陪着她 |
[05:13] | I loved her, too. | 我也愛過她 |
[05:16] | I don’t know what time because I don’t know | 我不知道什麼時候能到 因爲我不知道 |
[05:17] | what kind of flight I can get, but I’ll be there. | 我能訂到什麼樣的機票 但是我會去的 |
[05:20] | Just… | 你就 |
[05:23] | Just tell them I’m sorry. | 你就告訴他們我很抱歉 |
[05:26] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[05:48] | “I’m Sorry. Julia Mitchell.” | 節哀順變 朱莉婭·米切爾留 |
[06:17] | Hey, Dad. | 你好 爸爸 |
[06:18] | Those Canadians treating you right? | 那些加拿大人對你還好嗎 |
[06:22] | Yes, they’re all pretty nice. | 挺好 他們人都挺好的 |
[06:27] | Is everything okay? | 你還好嗎 |
[06:30] | Grace Clark died earlier today. | 格蕾絲·克拉克今天過世了 |
[06:34] | Did you hear what I said? | 你聽見我說什麼了嗎 |
[06:39] | yes, I heard. | 是的 我聽到了 |
[06:42] | I knew you’d take the news hard. She was like a mother to you, | 我知道你會很難受 她對你就像媽媽一樣 |
[06:45] | and you and her daughter Rachel were | 你和她的女兒雷切爾 |
[06:46] | such good friend’s in high school. | 在高中時那麼要好 |
[06:49] | Have you heard from her? | 你最近有跟她聯繫嗎 |
[06:55] | No, I haven’t. | 沒聯繫過 |
[06:57] | I’m not even sure when they found out Grace was sick again. | 我都不知道他們什麼時候發現格蕾絲又發病的 |
[07:01] | I was over to their house earlier. | 我早些時候去了他們家一次 |
[07:03] | Gabriel wasn’t there. | 加百列不在 |
[07:05] | Which has caused… quite a problem. | 這造成了 一些問題 |
[07:09] | Son of a bitch. | 狗孃養的 |
[07:10] | Are you sending flowers? | 你會送花去嗎 |
[07:13] | I guess, I’m not good at that sort of thing, | 大概吧 我對那些事不太在行 |
[07:14] | but I could ask Deb if she would help. | 但是我可以問問德比能不能幫個忙 |
[07:17] | Ask her to send something from me. | 讓她替我送些東西 |
[07:21] | Grace loved gardenias. | 格蕾絲生前特別喜歡梔子花 |
[07:25] | Get Deb to sign the card. | 再讓德比寫張卡片 |
[07:27] | Will do. Do you need any money? | 好的 你需要錢嗎 |
[07:30] | I’m fine. | 不用了 |
[07:31] | I’m sorry about Harvard. Maybe next year. | 很遺憾你沒去成哈佛 也許明年能去 |
[07:35] | Maybe. | 也許吧 |
[07:38] | Talk to you later, Dad. | 回聊 爸爸 |
[08:00] | “Dear Rachel… | 親愛的雷切爾 |
[08:03] | I’m so sorry to hear about Grace. I’m… | 聽到格蕾絲的消息我真的很遺憾 我 |
[08:41] | Frightened Rabbit. | 像只受驚的小兔子 |
[08:42] | Paul, hi. | 保羅 你好 |
[08:44] | How was your meeting with Emerson? | 你和愛默生的談得怎麼樣 |
[08:46] | I didn’t go. | 我沒去 |
[08:49] | That’s… | 那真是 |
[08:51] | not good. | 太糟了 |
[08:53] | His office door was closed. | 他辦公室門關着 |
[08:55] | I think he was on the phone. I left a note. | 他好像在打電話 我留了張紙條 |
[08:57] | Let’s hope that’s what was going on. Otherwise, | 希望如此吧 不然 |
[09:00] | I’d say you just took your life into your own hands. | 我只能說你得自己好好把握了 |
[09:03] | Let me know if there’s any fallout, and I’ll see what I can do. | 如果有麻煩記得告訴我 我來想辦法 |
[09:23] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[09:26] | Excuse me Miss Mitchell, can you come here for a minute? | 打擾一下米切爾小姐 你能過來一下嗎 |
[09:30] | Yes, Mrs. Jenkins. | 什麼事 詹金斯老師 |
[09:31] | Have you had some sort of problem with Professor Emerson? | 你跟愛默生教授有什麼過節嗎 |
[09:36] | Um, I don’t think so. | 應該沒有吧 |
[09:37] | I received two urgent e-mails | 我收到兩封緊急郵件 |
[09:40] | asking me to set up an appointment to see him when he returns. | 讓我在他回來之後安排約見你 |
[09:43] | Professors normally prefer to schedule their own appointments, | 教授們一般都喜歡自己安排會見時間 |
[09:45] | but he insisted I schedule it | 但這次他堅持讓我來安排 |
[09:47] | and have it documented in your file. | 還讓我在你的檔案上做了記錄 |
[09:49] | He said it was serious. | 他說事情很嚴重 |
[09:51] | Can you meet him at 4pm tomorrow in his office? | 你明天下午四點可以去他的辦公室嗎 |
[11:45] | Hey, Julia. | 你好朱莉婭 |
[11:48] | Wanna go for coffee some time? | 有時間喝杯咖啡嗎 |
[11:52] | Um, yes, sure. | 好的 當然 |
[11:54] | It’d be easier if I had your number. | 如果有你的手機號就更方便了 |
[12:01] | Now, Miss Mitchell. | 快進來 米切爾小姐 |
[12:06] | Give him hell, Rabbit. | 別讓他好過 小兔子 |
[12:19] | Please be seated, Miss Mitchell. | 請坐下 米切爾小姐 |
[12:32] | Move the chair. | 把椅子挪過來 |
[12:34] | I won’t crane my neck in order to see you. | 我可不會伸長脖子來看清你 |
[12:50] | Are you a comedian, Miss Mitchell? | 你是滑稽演員嗎 米切爾小姐 |
[12:55] | I expect an answer when I ask a question, Miss Mitchell. | 我提問 你回答 米切爾小姐 |
[13:00] | Surely, you’ve learned your lesson by now? | 當然了 你現在肯定長記性了吧 |
[13:05] | Perhaps you’re not too bright. | 也許你腦子不怎麼靈光 |
[13:12] | I beg your pardon, Dr. Emerson? | 您說什麼 愛默生博士 |
[13:15] | It’s Professor Emerson. | 是愛默生教授 |
[13:18] | Even chiropractors and podiatrists | 就算是按摩師和足療師 |
[13:20] | refer to themselves as doctors. | 都能自稱醫生 |
[13:23] | Would you stop fussing with that ridiculous abomination of a bag | 你能不能別再擺弄你那個莫名其妙的包 |
[13:26] | and sit in a chair like a human being? | 就不能像正常人一樣坐在椅子上嗎 |
[13:32] | I’m sure you thought this was funny. | 我相信你一定覺得這很好笑 |
[13:40] | I can explain… | 我可以解釋 |
[13:41] | I’m not interested in your excuses. | 我沒興趣聽你的藉口 |
[13:44] | I asked you to come to the last appointment. | 我上次讓你來見我 |
[13:46] | You didn’t, did you? | 你沒來 是吧 |
[13:48] | You were on the phone and the door was closed… | 你當時在打電話 門也關着 |
[13:51] | It wasn’t closed. | 門沒關 |
[13:53] | I suppose this was meant to be funny too? | 我猜這也很好笑是嗎 |
[14:01] | It’s not what you think. I wanted to say I was sorry, | 不是你以爲的那樣 我只是想說節哀順變 |
[14:04] | – and it was for your family, who I… – Leave my family out of it! | -那是你的家人 我 -別扯我的家人 |
[14:17] | I see that you came here on scholarship to study Dante. | 我知道你是拿着獎學金來研究但丁的 |
[14:20] | I’m the only professor in this department | 我是這系裏唯一一個 |
[14:23] | who is supervising theses in that field, | 指導該領域論文的教授 |
[14:25] | and since this… | 既然這 |
[14:27] | is not going to work, | 已經沒法繼續下去了 |
[14:30] | you’ll have to change your topic. | 你必須得換課題 |
[14:31] | Find another supervisor or transfer departments, | 另找一個導師 或者轉系 |
[14:34] | or better yet, university. | 直接轉學會更好 |
[14:36] | I’ll inform the director of my decision, effective immediately. | 我會把我的決定告訴系主任 即刻生效 |
[14:40] | Now if you’ll excuse me. | 如果沒別的事情的話 |
[14:46] | That is all, Miss Mitchell. | 到此爲止了 米切爾小姐 |
[16:37] | You’ll catch pneumonia and die. | 你會得肺炎死掉的 |
[16:41] | Get in. | 上車 |
[16:47] | Thank you very much. | 非常感謝 |
[16:50] | Where do you live? | 你住哪裏 |
[16:52] | 45 Madison. It’s just up… | 45號麥迪遜街 沿這條路 |
[16:54] | I know where Madison is. | 我知道麥迪遜街在哪裏 |
[17:45] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[18:22] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[18:22] | I’ll walk you in. One can’t be too careful. | 我送你進去 再小心也不爲過 |
[18:53] | Would you like a tea? | 要喝杯茶嗎 |
[19:07] | May I take your coat, Professor? | 請把外套給我吧 教授 |
[19:11] | Where would you put it? | 你要放哪 |
[19:15] | That was rude. Uh… | 我太沒禮貌了 |
[19:18] | Forgive me. | 請原諒 |
[19:41] | Would you like English Breakfast or Lady Grey? | 喝英式早餐茶還是伯爵夫人茶 |
[19:44] | English breakfast. | 英式早餐茶 |
[20:00] | You should change into some dry clothes. | 你應該換件乾衣服 |
[20:29] | 《神曲》 《貝緹麗彩·倩契》 | |
[21:12] | Why do you live here? | 你爲什麼住這裏 |
[21:15] | It’s a quiet street in a nice neighborhood. | 這條街很安靜 街區也很好 |
[21:18] | I needed to be able to walk to school. | 我得能步行去上學 |
[21:20] | This was one of the nicer apartments I looked at. | 這是我看過的比較好的公寓了 |
[21:24] | Why didn’t you move into the graduate student residence? | 你爲什麼不住研究生宿舍 |
[21:28] | I was expecting to go to a different university, | 我本來是要去另外一所大學的 |
[21:30] | but that didn’t work out. | 但是沒去成 |
[21:36] | Where were you going to go? | 你本來要去哪所大學 |
[21:44] | Miss Mitchell? | 米切爾小姐 |
[21:45] | Harvard. | 哈佛大學 |
[21:47] | Harvard? | 哈佛大學 |
[21:50] | What the hell are you doing here then? | 那你怎麼跑到這個鬼地方來了 |
[21:55] | My father couldn’t afford the parental contribution. | 我爸爸付不起學費 |
[21:59] | The fellowship they offered wasn’t enough, | 他們給的獎學金不夠 |
[22:01] | and the living expenses in Cambridge was more than Toronto. | 劍橋的生活開銷比多倫多的高多了 |
[22:04] | I have thousands of dollars in student loans. | 我還有幾千塊的學生貸款要還 |
[22:08] | I decided not to add to them. | 我不想再貸款了 |
[22:11] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我來這裏 |
[22:17] | That wasn’t in the file Mrs. Jenkins gave me. | 詹金斯老師給我的檔案裏沒提到這些 |
[22:21] | You should have said something. | 你應該告訴我的 |
[22:31] | This is a terrible place to live. | 這麼糟糕的地方怎麼住人 |
[22:35] | There isn’t even a proper kitchen. | 連一個像樣的廚房都沒有 |
[22:37] | What do you eat here? | 你在這裏怎麼吃飯 |
[22:38] | I cook soup and couscous on the hot plate. | 我用電爐煲湯 做蒸粗麥粉 |
[22:42] | Couscous is very nutritious. | 蒸粗麥粉很有營養 |
[22:44] | You can’t live off of that. | 你不能靠這個過活 |
[22:45] | A dog eats better. | 狗吃的都比這好 |
[22:52] | Forgive me. Um… | 抱歉 我 |
[22:56] | I don’t know what’s gotten into me. | 我也不知道我這是怎麼了 |
[23:03] | You just lost your mom. | 你母親剛過世 |
[23:16] | I can’t be here. | 我不能待在這兒 |
[23:18] | I need to go. | 我得走了 |
[23:40] | When was the last time you had steak? | 你上一次吃牛排是什麼時候 |
[23:43] | Uh, it’s been a while. | 有一段日子了 |
[23:46] | I’m starving, | 我餓壞了 |
[23:48] | and you’re joining me for dinner. | 你和我一起吃晚飯 |
[23:51] | Are you sure Professor? I thought this… | 教授你確定嗎 我以爲 |
[23:54] | wasn’t going to work. | 已經沒法繼續下去了 |
[23:56] | Never mind that now. Um… | 現在別管那些了 |
[24:00] | Except… | 不過 |
[24:02] | I could change. | 我可以換身衣服 |
[24:05] | But I have one condition. | 但我有個條件 |
[24:10] | Let’s hear it. | 說來聽聽 |
[24:12] | Tell me why, | 告訴我 |
[24:14] | after everything you’ve said to me, | 爲什麼你對我說了那些話之後 |
[24:17] | should I join you? | 我還要和你去吃飯 |
[24:25] | Because Emerson is an ass. | 因爲愛默生是個混蛋 |
[24:30] | But at least now he knows it. | 但起碼現在他意識到了 |
[24:37] | I’ll change. | 我去換衣服 |
[26:40] | Vanilla. | 香草 |
[26:44] | What? | 什麼 |
[26:47] | Nothing. | 沒什麼 |
[26:56] | May I? | 我幫你吧 |
[27:29] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[27:48] | Ah, Professore Emerson. Cosi bello vederti. | 愛默生教授 很高興見到你[意大利語] |
[27:51] | Antonio. E ‘bello vederti anche tu. Stai guardando bene. | 安東尼奧 也很高興見到你 你氣色真好[意大利語] |
[27:54] | Grazie, grazie. And who is this lovely lady? | 謝謝 謝謝[意大利語] 這位美麗的女士是誰 |
[27:57] | Antonio, this is Julianne Mitchell. | 安東尼奧 這位是朱利安·米切爾 |
[28:00] | Julia. | 朱莉婭 |
[28:01] | Semplicemente sensazionale. | 簡直太美了[意大利語] |
[28:03] | I tuoi occhi sono come piccole nocciole | 你的眼眸就像榛果巧克力一樣[意大利語] |
[28:06] | al cioccolato. Bellissima. | 美麗的女士[意大利語] |
[28:08] | Grazie. Sei troppo gentile. | 謝謝 您太客氣了[意大利語] |
[28:10] | Questo ristorante è incantevole. | 這家餐廳太美了[意大利語] |
[28:17] | Please, this way. | 請這邊走 |
[28:28] | Signorina. | 小姐請坐[意大利語] |
[28:32] | And I have a beautiful bottle of wine | 我有一瓶上好的紅酒 |
[28:35] | from my family’s vineyard in Tuscany. | 是我家托斯卡納的葡萄園釀造的 |
[28:37] | Please don’t go to any trouble. | 不用那麼麻煩了 |
[28:39] | No trouble. E ‘fatto. | 不麻煩 已經準備好了[意大利語] |
[28:43] | How did you come by your Tuscan accent? | 你的托斯卡納口音是怎麼來的 |
[28:47] | I spent my junior year in Florence. | 我大三是在佛羅倫薩讀的 |
[28:50] | Impressive for only a year abroad. | 留學一年就學會了 厲害 |
[28:53] | I started studying Italian when I was seventeen. | 我從17歲開始學意大利語 |
[29:05] | I could order for you. | 我可以幫你點菜 |
[29:08] | Thank you, Professor Emerson. | 謝謝 愛默生教授 |
[29:12] | Best not to call me “Professor” in public. | 公衆場合最好不要叫我教授 |
[29:16] | Mr. Emerson will suffice. | 叫我愛默生先生就行 |
[29:23] | Signorina. | 小姐請品嚐[意大利語] |
[29:58] | Perfezione. | 真是完美[意大利語] |
[30:10] | Are we ready to order? | 準備好點餐了嗎 |
[30:13] | Two of your finest and largest filet mignons. Medium rare. | 兩份最好最大的菲力牛排 三分熟 |
[30:18] | No, that’s too much. | 不用 太多了 |
[30:19] | You can take home the leftovers. | 吃不完的你可以打包 |
[30:21] | I’m sure your couscous won’t mind. | 我想蒸粗麥粉不會介意你吃牛排的 |
[30:26] | And then I will bring a beautiful tiramisu, | 一會兒爲您上美味的提拉米蘇 |
[30:29] | and an affogato with vanilla bean gelato. Complimenti. | 以及香草豆冰激凌阿芙佳朵 完美 |
[30:33] | Grazie. Sei troppo gentile. | 謝謝 您客氣了[意大利語] |
[30:45] | Why did you start studying Italian? | 你爲什麼會學意大利語 |
[30:54] | It’s a simple question, is it not? | 這問題很簡單 不是嗎 |
[31:01] | I became interested in Italian literature. | 我對意大利文學感興趣 |
[31:05] | In Dante and Beatrice. | 對《但丁與貝緹麗彩》感興趣 |
[31:08] | That’s an unusual interest for a teenager. | 對少女來說 這樣的興趣可不一般 |
[31:15] | I had a friend who introduced me to them. | 我有個朋友給我講了他們的故事 |
[31:28] | Antonio is taken with you. | 安東尼奧很喜歡你 |
[31:30] | He’s never offered me an affogato on the house. | 他從沒請我吃過阿芙佳朵 |
[31:34] | I like him. | 我也喜歡他 |
[31:36] | He’s kind. | 他人很好 |
[31:39] | You blossom under kindness, don’t you? | 你在善良中綻放 是嗎 |
[31:42] | Like a rose. | 就像玫瑰一樣 |
[32:15] | 米切爾小姐 我將會擔任你的論文導師 祝好 副教授 意大利研究系\h\h中世紀研究中心 多倫多大學 加百列·O·爱默生教授 | |
[32:57] | The fuck? | 搞什麼 |
[33:01] | Julia Mitchell? Is that you? | 朱莉婭·米切爾 是你嗎 |
[33:04] | Rachel? | 雷切爾 |
[33:12] | I can’t believe it’s you. | 真不敢相信居然是你 |
[33:14] | You, too. Rachel, I’m so sorry. | 是啊 雷切爾 很遺憾 |
[33:16] | I’m sorry for everything. About your mom and… | 請節哀 你媽媽的事 |
[33:19] | everything. | 還有 所有事 |
[33:21] | I got your email, | 我收到你的郵件了 |
[33:22] | and the gardenias you sent were so beautiful. | 你送來的梔子花太美了 |
[33:26] | You remembered they were her favorite. | 你還記得那是我媽媽的最愛 |
[33:28] | How’s your dad? | 你爸爸怎麼樣 |
[33:29] | He’s… so lost. | 他迷失自我了 |
[33:33] | We all are. That’s why I’m here. | 我們都一樣 所以我來這裏了 |
[33:35] | Why didn’t you tell me you were here? | 你怎麼不告訴我你在這兒 |
[33:37] | I wasn’t sure I’d be staying. | 我不確定會在這裏待下去 |
[33:39] | The first couple of weeks have been really, um, rough. | 前幾周真的挺艱難的 |
[33:43] | Rachel, we need to go. | 雷切爾 我們得走了 |
[33:46] | I’m making a home cooked meal, and you have to come. | 我會做幾道家常菜 你一定要來 |
[33:49] | I’m sure Miss Mitchell has other plans. | 我想米切爾小姐一定另有安排了 |
[33:52] | Miss Mitchell? | 米切爾小姐 |
[33:54] | Julia’s been my best friend since high school. | 我和朱莉婭從高中起就是好朋友 |
[33:58] | What? | 什麼 |
[34:00] | I forgot you two never met. | 我忘了你們從沒見過 |
[34:02] | Regardless, your attitude is a little bit much. | 不管怎麼說 你的態度有點過分 |
[34:06] | Do you wanna do me a favor and remove the pole from your keister? | 你能給我個面子 說話別那麼衝嗎 |
[34:09] | Why don’t we meet for lunch instead? I’m sure The Pro… | 不如我們午餐再聚吧 我想教 |
[34:12] | Your brother wants you all to himself. | 你哥哥一定想和你待一起 |
[34:14] | He’s Gabriel. | 他是加百列 |
[34:17] | What is going on between you two? | 你倆怎麼了 |
[34:20] | Rachel, she’s my student. There are rules. | 雷切爾 她是我的學生 有規定的 |
[34:22] | She’s my friend. I say screw the rules. | 她是我的朋友 去他的規定 |
[34:29] | Can someone please tell me what’s going on? | 誰能告訴我發生什麼了嗎 |
[34:34] | Gabriel Owen Emerson, were you an ass to Julia? | 加百列·歐文·愛默生 你對朱莉婭犯渾了嗎 |
[34:39] | You two will just have to kiss and make up. | 你們倆必須言歸於好 |
[34:42] | I’m only here for a week, | 我只在這裏待一週 |
[34:43] | and I expect to spend lots of time with both of you. | 我想多花點時間和你們倆一起 |
[34:52] | I… cannot believe I just ran into you. | 真不敢相信居然可以偶遇你 |
[34:56] | So I tried it, and I applied it to my head, | 所以我試了試 把它塗在頭上 |
[34:59] | and, of course, it did work. | 當然起效果了 |
[35:00] | So, a week later, it grows back this big. | 一週之後 就這麼大點兒了 |
[35:03] | So, my first day of seventh grade, I had a cowlick. | 所以七年級的第一天 我就頂着呆毛 |
[35:06] | Which was the best idea I’d ever had. | 真是我最好的回憶了 |
[35:09] | Welcome. | 歡迎 |
[35:16] | Gabriel, want to give Julia the grand tour while I start dinner? | 加百列 我做飯時你帶朱莉婭參觀一下吧 |
[35:40] | I’d like to show you something. | 我想給你看些東西 |
[36:12] | Your study is so… | 你的書房真是 |
[36:16] | beautiful. | 太漂亮了 |
[36:26] | That’s my favorite chair. | 這是我最喜歡的椅子 |
[36:34] | Put these on. | 戴上手套 |
[37:10] | This is one of my most precious possessions. | 這是我最寶貴的財產之一 |
[37:13] | A shrunken head of a former grad student? | 往屆研究生萎縮的腦袋嗎 |
[38:01] | Is that Botticelli’s original Dante and Beatrice | 這是波提切利原版的《但丁與貝緹麗彩》 |
[38:05] | and the fixed stars of Paradise? | 還有《天堂篇》中的恆星天嗎 |
[38:07] | Sadly, no. | 很遺憾 並不是 |
[38:10] | That would be beyond the reach of my small fortune. | 我這點微薄的薪水承受不起 |
[38:13] | The originals date from the 15th century. | 原版可以追溯到15世紀 |
[38:16] | These reproductions are from the 16th century. | 這些是16世紀的複製品 |
[38:19] | I didn’t know copies existed. | 我不知道還有複製品存世 |
[38:22] | They were probably done by a former student of Botticelli’s. | 可能是波提切利過去的一個學生畫的 |
[38:26] | Botticelli prepared one hundred illustrations, | 波提切利繪製了100幅插圖 |
[38:29] | but only ninety-two of them survived. | 但只有92幅流傳了下來 |
[38:33] | I have the full complement. | 我有全套 |
[38:37] | I went to see the originals when they were on loan | 這些原版外借到佛羅倫薩的烏菲齊美術館時 |
[38:40] | to the Uffizi Gallery in Florence. | 我去參觀過 |
[38:44] | Where did you get these? | 你從哪裏弄來的這些 |
[38:48] | Why aren’t they in a museum? | 它們怎麼沒有存放在博物館裏 |
[38:51] | They aren’t in a museum because I refuse to give them up. | 不在博物館裏是因爲我不想捐掉它們 |
[38:55] | And no one knows I have them | 而且沒人知道我有這些 |
[38:57] | but my lawyer, my insurance agent, | 只有我的律師 我的保險經理人知道 |
[39:01] | and now you. | 現在你也知道了 |
[39:09] | Gabriel, stop boring Julia with your antique crap, | 加百列 別拿你那些古董垃圾煩朱莉婭了 |
[39:12] | and get her a drink. | 給她倒杯喝的 |
[39:37] | Hey, what is going on between you two? | 你倆到底怎麼了 |
[39:40] | Why is he acting so weird? | 他怎麼這麼奇怪 |
[39:42] | And why didn’t you tell him who you are? | 你幹嘛不告訴他你是誰 |
[39:45] | I thought he’d remember me. | 我以爲他還記得我 |
[39:48] | He doesn’t. | 他不記得 |
[39:49] | So… | 所以 |
[39:52] | what are we having with the wine? | 我們拿什麼配酒 |
[39:54] | Couscous. | 蒸粗麥粉 |
[40:03] | I’m so sorry. | 對不起 |
[40:05] | Stop. Stop! | 停下 停下 |
[40:07] | Stop, woman! Stop! For God sakes. | 快停下 女人 停下 我的天 |
[40:09] | Stop! | 別弄了 |
[40:11] | You’ll shred yourself to ribbons. | 你會弄傷自己的 |
[40:14] | This way. | 過來 |
[40:28] | Hold out your hands. | 把手伸出來 |
[40:32] | You don’t listen, do you? | 你不聽話 對吧 |
[40:35] | You don’t do what you’re told. | 不聽別人的話 |
[40:38] | This is going to sting. | 會有點疼 |
[40:42] | There. | 好了 |
[40:45] | I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[40:48] | Accidents happen. | 意外時有發生 |
[42:02] | Is she all right? | 她沒事吧 |
[42:03] | Yes, but she hates couscous. | 沒事 但是她討厭蒸粗麥粉 |
[42:06] | All right, then I’ll make Rice Pilaf instead. | 好吧 那我做手抓飯 |
[42:12] | There’s something you need to know about Julia. | 關於朱莉婭 有些事你得知道 |
[42:15] | I shouldn’t know anything about her. | 我不應該知道她的任何事情 |
[42:18] | She’s my student. | 她是我的學生 |
[42:19] | Her friendship with you already presents a conflict of interest. | 她和你的關係已經造成利益衝突了 |
[42:22] | She’s been broken, you jackass. | 她已經崩潰了 你個混蛋 |
[42:25] | That’s why I haven’t seen her in a year. | 這也是爲什麼我一年都沒見過她 |
[42:26] | She’s finally coming out of her shell, | 她好不容易不再封閉自我 |
[42:28] | and you’re forcing her back in there | 你卻用你傲慢又居高臨下的態度 |
[42:30] | with your arrogance and condescension. | 把她逼回自己的保護殼裏 |
[42:32] | So just cut it with the Mr. Darcy, Mr. Rochester, | 所以別再當自己是達西先生 |
[42:36] | stuck-uppity bullshit. Treat her like the treasure that she is. | 或者是羅切斯特先生 把她當成寶貝吧 |
[42:40] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[42:46] | Ugh, it’s Aaron. | 是亞倫 |
[42:48] | I’ve been trying to get ’em all day. | 我找他們一整天了 |
[42:50] | Hi. I’m good. You are not gonna believe who I ran into. | 我很好 你們肯定不相信我遇到誰了 |
[43:44] | Did you know Rachel got engaged this summer? | 你知道雷切爾今年夏天訂婚了嗎 |
[43:48] | That’s wonderful. Aaron’s great. | 真棒 亞倫超好的 |
[43:51] | She ended the engagement last week. | 她上禮拜取消了婚約 |
[43:54] | They’re still together, but… | 他們還在一起 但是 |
[43:57] | she doesn’t feel like planning a wedding now that Grace is gone. | 自從格蕾絲去世 她也沒心思策劃婚禮了 |
[44:01] | That’s why she’s here. | 所以她纔來這裏 |
[44:03] | To get away from it all. | 爲了逃離那一切 |
[44:14] | I know the feeling. | 我懂這種感覺 |
[44:30] | Were you ever going to tell me who you are? | 你打算告訴我你是誰嗎 |
[44:35] | You let me make an ass out of myself. | 你讓我看起來就像是個混蛋 |
[44:39] | I would have treated you better, if I’d known. | 我要是知道這些 一定會對你更好的 |
[44:42] | Really? Would you? | 是嗎 你會嗎 |
[44:45] | And found some other grad student to rip apart? | 然後再去欺負別的研究生嗎 |
[44:49] | If that’s the case, I’m glad your anger was directed at me | 這樣的話 我很高興你衝我發泄怒氣 |
[44:52] | and not anyone else. | 而不是別人 |
[44:56] | This doesn’t change anything. | 這不會改變任何事 |
[45:00] | I am glad you’re Rachel’s friend, but… | 我很高興你是雷切爾的朋友 但 |
[45:03] | you’re still my student, | 你還是我學生 |
[45:05] | which means that we need to be professional, | 我們之間還是得保持師生關係 |
[45:07] | and you will be careful how you | 所以從現在開始 |
[45:09] | speak to me now and in the future. | 你與我說話要小心措辭 |
[45:13] | Yes, Professor Emerson. | 好的 愛默生教授 |
[45:23] | I have a bad temper, | 我脾氣不好 |
[45:26] | I can be destructive. | 會非常暴躁 |
[45:28] | It would be inadvisable for me to | 對我來說 衝你這樣的人發脾氣 |
[45:30] | lose my temper around someone like you. | 不是什麼明智之舉 |
[45:42] | Wrath is one of the seven deadly sins. | 憤怒是七宗罪之一 |
[45:47] | I have all seven. | 七宗罪我都佔盡了 |
[45:50] | Somehow, I doubt that. | 不知爲何 我很懷疑 |
[45:58] | You’re only a magnet for mishap, | 你只會招致不幸 |
[46:04] | while I’m a magnet for sin. | 而我會招來罪惡 |
[46:06] | Sin isn’t attracted to a human being. | 罪惡不會因任何人而來 |
[46:10] | It’s the other way around. | 恰恰相反 |
[46:13] | Not in my experience. | 以我的經驗來看並不是 |
[46:15] | Sin seems to find me even when I’m not looking for it. | 就算我不去犯戒 罪惡也會找上我 |
[46:22] | I’m not very good at resisting temptation. | 我並不擅長抵禦誘惑 |
[47:20] | Hey, Rach! I’m here. | 雷切 我來了 |
[47:28] | What happened? | 發生什麼了 |
[47:31] | Gabriel is what happened. | 加百列乾的好事 |
[47:32] | Is he hurt? | 他沒受傷吧 |
[47:34] | Oh, he’s fine. | 他好得很 |
[47:36] | He’s been here less than 24 hours, | 他來了不到一天 |
[47:38] | and he’s shoved my parents, made my mom cry, | 就推搡我父母 把我媽弄哭了 |
[47:41] | and sent Scott to the emergency room. | 還把斯科特送進了急診室 |
[47:45] | It’ll be okay. | 會沒事的 |
[47:46] | It’s not okay, Aaron. | 怎麼可能沒事 亞倫 |
[47:48] | Gabriel shoved Scott into a table. | 加百列把斯科特推到桌子上了 |
[47:50] | Scott’s not just gonna forgive that. | 斯科特不會就這麼原諒他的 |
[47:53] | My mom’s in her room, hysterical. | 我媽在房間 歇斯底里的 |
[47:56] | I can’t even be here another second. | 我一秒鐘也待不下去了 |
[47:58] | I’ll check on your mom. | 我去看看你媽媽 |
[48:01] | My family is so broken. | 我的家庭支離破碎了 |
[48:07] | Rachel. | 雷切爾 |
[48:59] | You’re a bit late for the show. | 你來遲了 沒看到好戲 |
[49:03] | You’re hurt. | 你受傷了 |
[49:07] | You’re cold. | 你很冷吧 |
[49:16] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[49:18] | Beer? | 喝啤酒嗎 |
[49:40] | Ever have a beer before? | 你喝過啤酒嗎 |
[49:49] | Then I’m glad I’m your first. | 那我很高興能成爲你的第一次 |
[49:57] | What are you doing here? | 你來這裏做什麼 |
[50:01] | I was invited to dinner. | 他們邀請我來吃晚飯 |
[50:05] | I guess I ruined that. | 大概是被我攪黃了 |
[50:12] | Will you tell me what happened? | 能告訴我發生什麼了嗎 |
[50:14] | Will you tell me why you haven’t run away yet? | 能告訴我你爲什麼還沒逃走嗎 |
[50:41] | You smell like vanilla. | 你聞起來像香草的味道 |
[50:44] | It’s my shampoo. | 是我的沐浴露 |
[51:01] | It wasn’t supposed to be like this. | 不應該是這樣的 |
[51:09] | I didn’t mean… | 我不是說 |
[51:17] | The prodigal son returns… | 浪子回頭 |
[51:20] | More like demon. | 更像是個惡魔 |
[51:23] | The demon Gabriel. | 惡魔加百列 |
[51:27] | You’re all the Clark’s talk about. | 克拉克一家一直在說你的事 |
[51:43] | Maybe Grace invited you over because she knew I needed | 也許格蕾絲邀請你來 是因爲她知道 |
[51:47] | an angel to watch over me. | 我需要一位天使來照看我 |
[52:17] | The sun is setting. | 太陽快下山了 |
[52:21] | Would you like to go for a walk? | 你想出去散步嗎 |
[52:49] | Have you ever held a boy’s hand? | 你可曾牽過男孩的手 |
[52:58] | Then I’m glad I’m your first. | 那我很高興能成爲你的第一次 |
[53:06] | You’re very quiet. | 你很安靜 |
[53:08] | Talk to me. I promise I won’t bite. | 和我說說話吧 我保證不咬人 |
[53:11] | Why did you come home? | 你爲什麼回家 |
[53:14] | I lost something. | 我丟了一樣東西 |
[53:16] | And you’re trying to find it here? | 你想在這裏找找嗎 |
[53:19] | What I lost is lost forever. | 我失去的已經尋不回了 |
[53:24] | I came home for money. I was… | 我回來是爲了錢 我 |
[53:28] | I was fucked up even before I destroyed everything and everyone. | 在我毀了一切毀了所有人之前 在你來之前 |
[53:32] | Before you ever arrived. | 我就已經一團糟了 |
[53:49] | This is it. | 就是這裏 |
[53:55] | This is paradise. | 這裏是天堂 |
[54:19] | You’ll catch pneumonia and die. | 你會得肺炎死掉的 |
[54:34] | You’re Beatrice. | 你就是貝緹麗彩 |
[54:36] | Who’s Beatrice? | 貝緹麗彩是誰 |
[54:38] | Dante’s Beatrice. | 但丁的貝緹麗彩 |
[54:44] | Dante was a poet. | 但丁是一個詩人 |
[54:48] | And Beatrice was his muse. | 貝緹麗彩是他的穆斯女神 |
[54:53] | He met her when she was young… | 他在年輕時與她相遇 |
[54:58] | and loved her from afar his whole life. | 並終其一生愛着她 |
[55:01] | She was his guide through Paradise. | 她是引領他穿越天堂的嚮導 |
[55:06] | I’m writing a book about them. | 我正在寫一本關於他們的書 |
[55:10] | There’s a famous painting by Henry Holiday. | 亨利·霍利迪有一幅名畫 |
[55:15] | You look like his Beatrice. | 你就像他畫的貝緹麗彩 |
[55:32] | Your family loves you. | 你家人是愛你的 |
[55:34] | You should make up with them. | 你應該與他們和好 |
[55:40] | They aren’t my family. | 他們不是我的家人 |
[55:43] | Not really. | 不是我正真的家人 |
[55:46] | And it’s too late anyway. | 而且現在太晚了 |
[55:52] | You haven’t had dinner. | 你還沒吃晚飯 |
[56:11] | For you, Beatrice. | 獻給你 貝緹麗彩 |
[57:00] | Have you ever looked up at the stars | 你可曾與男生並肩躺下 |
[57:02] | with a boy lying next to you? | 仰望星空 |
[57:34] | You’re beautiful, Beatrice. | 你真美貝緹麗彩 |
[57:39] | My brown-eyed angel. | 我棕色眼眸的天使 |
[57:45] | I think you’re beautiful, too. | 我覺得你也很美 |
[58:01] | Have you ever been kissed? | 你可曾吻過別人 |
[58:18] | Then I’m glad I’m your first. | 那我很高興能成爲你的第一次 |
[58:43] | Open your eyes. | 睜開眼睛 |
[59:02] | Gabriel? | 加百列 |
[59:05] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什麼 |
[59:10] | About how I waited for you for so long, | 我在想我爲何等你良久 |
[59:13] | and you never came. | 你卻遲遲未來 |
[59:20] | It’s okay because you’re here now. | 但沒有關係 因爲你現在在了 |
[59:27] | Apparuit iam beatitudo vestra. | 你的幸福已然降臨[意大利語] |
[59:32] | That’s pretty. | 真好聽 |
[59:35] | What does it mean? | 什麼意思 |
[59:39] | Now your blessedness appears. | 你的幸福已然降臨 |
[59:42] | But it should be “Now my blessedness appears.” | 但應該說”我的幸福已然降臨” |
[59:46] | Now that you’re here. | 既然你來了 |
[59:53] | For the rest of my life, | 餘生我都會 |
[59:54] | I’ll dream of hearing your voice breathe my name. | 夢見你輕喚着我的名字 |
[1:00:11] | Do you have to leave? | 你一定要走嗎 |
[1:00:14] | Yes, | 是的 |
[1:00:15] | but not tonight. | 但今晚不走 |
[1:00:19] | Will you come back? | 你會回來嗎 |
[1:00:23] | I’ll be thrown out of Paradise tomorrow, Beatrice. | 我明天就會被逐出天堂了 貝緹麗彩 |
[1:00:29] | Our only hope is that you find me one day. | 我們唯一的希望就是有一天你能來尋我 |
[1:00:39] | Look for me in Hell. | 來地獄找我 |
[1:01:15] | What’s this for? | 你這是幹什麼 |
[1:01:18] | Aren’t you going shopping with Julianne? | 你不是要去和朱利安逛街嗎 |
[1:01:20] | It’s Julia. And no. | 她叫朱莉婭 而且我們沒說去 |
[1:01:23] | She’s working on a project with a guy named Paul, | 她要和一個叫保羅的人寫課題 |
[1:01:25] | and then he’s taking her to dinner. | 然後還要一起吃晚飯 |
[1:01:27] | Angel fucker. | 該死 |
[1:01:30] | What? | 你說什麼 |
[1:01:32] | Take it. | 拿着吧 |
[1:01:33] | Buy something nice for your friend. | 給你朋友買些好的 |
[1:01:35] | Gabriel, I know you have money to waste, | 加百列 我知道你錢多得沒處花 |
[1:01:37] | but jeepers, this is a bit much. | 但是老天 這也太多了 |
[1:01:40] | She carries a loathsome excuse for a bookbag. | 她的書包看着讓人噁心 |
[1:01:43] | Spend the money on buying her a decent briefcase, | 用這點錢給她買個像樣的公文包 |
[1:01:46] | because if I see that bag one more time, I’m going to burn it. | 再讓我看見那個舊包 我就把它燒了 |
[1:01:50] | Okay, I’ll buy her a briefcase. | 好吧 我會給她買個公文包的 |
[1:01:54] | I’d rather buy her shoes. | 但我寧願給她買鞋子 |
[1:01:55] | – Shoes? – Yeah. | -買鞋嗎 -對啊 |
[1:01:57] | She likes pretty things. She just can’t afford them. | 她喜歡好看的東西 只不過買不起罷了 |
[1:02:02] | She’s pretty cute, huh? | 她蠻可愛的是吧 |
[1:02:04] | Spend the money on whatever you like, | 你想買什麼就買什麼吧 |
[1:02:05] | but you must replace the book bag. | 但是那個包一定得換 |
[1:02:07] | I have an account at Holt Renfrew. | 我有霍爾特潤福的會員 |
[1:02:11] | I’ll buy her something fabulous. | 那我就去買點奢侈品了 |
[1:02:14] | Should I add lingerie to the list? | 要不要再買幾件內衣 |
[1:02:16] | How old are we? | 我們都幾歲了 |
[1:02:18] | Do you like her, like her? | 你是不是那種喜歡她 |
[1:02:20] | She’s my student. | 她可是我學生 |
[1:02:22] | Should I tell her that the briefcase and shoes are from you? | 要不要告訴她包和鞋是你買的 |
[1:02:25] | Are you crazy? I could get fired for that. | 你瘋了嗎 我會被開除的 |
[1:02:29] | Someone will jump to the wrong conclusion, | 有人會誤解這一切 |
[1:02:30] | and I’ll be hauled in before the judicial committee! | 我就會被帶去審判委員會面前 |
[1:02:32] | Why are you wound so tight? | 你緊張什麼 |
[1:02:34] | Are you having girl troubles? | 是不是戀愛遇到麻煩了 |
[1:02:37] | And, by the way, what are with those photos in your bedroom… | 對了 你房間裏的照片都是些什麼啊 |
[1:02:40] | I am not having this conversation. | 我不想談這個 |
[1:02:43] | Don’t bark at me. | 別衝我嚷嚷 |
[1:02:45] | I’m sorry, okay? | 對不起 行了嗎 |
[1:02:47] | Just… just don’t tell her it’s from me. | 別說是我買的就行 |
[1:02:50] | She wouldn’t accept them if she knew. | 她要是知道是不會接受的 |
[1:02:53] | She… she hates me. | 她討厭我 |
[1:02:55] | Julia is not the type of girl to hate anybody. | 朱莉婭是不會恨任何人的 |
[1:02:58] | She’s far too forgiving for that. | 她太寬容了 |
[1:03:00] | But you’re probably right. She probably wouldn’t accept charity. | 但是你應該是對的 她不會接受你的施捨 |
[1:03:03] | Tell her it’s for a backlog of Christmas presents. | 告訴她這是以往積壓的聖誕禮物 |
[1:03:10] | Or tell her it’s from Grace. | 或者告訴她是格蕾絲送的 |
[1:03:34] | I’ll show you the Dante collection, | 我先給你看看但丁藏書 |
[1:03:36] | then my study carrel which is next to it. | 然後是我的閱覽室 就在那旁邊 |
[1:03:37] | Well, not mine. Emerson shares his with me. | 不算是我的 是愛默生和我共享的 |
[1:03:45] | Here it is. | 就是這裏 |
[1:03:53] | Pretty impressive, right? | 挺歎爲觀止的吧 |
[1:04:00] | The carrel’s just down here. | 閱覽室在這邊 |
[1:04:26] | Can I ask you a personal question? | 我可以問你個私人問題嗎 |
[1:04:30] | Why didn’t you go to Harvard? | 你爲什麼不去哈佛大學 |
[1:04:32] | I overheard Emerson asking Greg Matthews, | 我無意聽到愛默生問哈佛大學 |
[1:04:34] | the chair of Romance Languages and | 羅曼語言文學系主任 |
[1:04:35] | Literatures at Harvard, about you. | 格雷格·馬修斯 關於你的事 |
[1:04:38] | He was wondering why they didn’t | 他想知道他們學校爲什麼 |
[1:04:39] | have enough funding for their grad students. | 沒有足夠資金資助他們的研究生 |
[1:04:41] | He sounded pretty pissed. | 他聽起來很生氣 |
[1:04:41] | He was checking up on me? Of course. | 他居然在打聽我 也是 |
[1:04:45] | From what I could hear, | 據我所知 |
[1:04:47] | Matthews said to send you back for your PhD. | 馬修斯 說讓你回去讀博 |
[1:04:49] | Said you were highly ranked in their admissions pool. | 他說你在他們的入學名單中名列前茅 |
[1:04:52] | So, if it isn’t too personal, | 所以 如果不太冒犯的話 |
[1:04:56] | why didn’t you go to Harvard? | 你爲什麼不去哈佛大學 |
[1:04:58] | I couldn’t afford it. | 我負擔不起 |
[1:05:01] | I didn’t want to come here. I had no other choice. | 我不想來這裏的 我別無選擇 |
[1:05:06] | I was hoping to finish my MA quickly | 我只想盡快讀完文學碩士學位 |
[1:05:08] | and go to Harvard next year. | 然後明年去哈佛大學 |
[1:05:10] | If I win a larger fellowship. | 只要我能拿到更多獎學金 |
[1:05:12] | I can relate. | 我能理解 |
[1:05:17] | You should use this carrel for studying. | 你應該來這個閱覽室學習 |
[1:05:20] | Emerson is rarely here. | 愛默生很少來這 |
[1:05:21] | I’ll give you my extra key. | 我會給你一把備用鑰匙 |
[1:05:22] | Emerson hates me. He won’t like this. | 愛默生討厭我 他不會喜歡這樣的 |
[1:05:24] | I insist. Please, Rabbit. | 我堅持 求你了 小兔子 |
[1:05:38] | Thank you. | 謝謝你 |
[1:05:50] | Do you like Mozart’s Requiem? | 你喜歡《莫扎特安魂曲》嗎 |
[1:05:52] | Not really. Emerson ruined it for me. | 一般吧 愛默生毀了我對它的興趣 |
[1:05:56] | He was playing one track from the damn thing over and over again | 我在給他的私人圖書館編目的時候 |
[1:05:59] | while I was cataloging part of his personal library. | 他在不停播放其中的一曲 |
[1:06:01] | Lacrimosa, Lacrimosa, Lacri-frickin-mosa. | 《落淚之日》《落淚之日》該死的《落淚之日》 |
[1:06:05] | I couldn’t take it anymore. It’s so damned depressing. | 我都受不了了 太他媽壓抑了 |
[1:06:08] | I love Mozart’s Requiem, | 我愛《莫扎特安魂曲》 |
[1:06:11] | and Lacrimosa is my favorite part. | 《落淚之日》是我最喜歡的部分 |
[1:06:16] | Uh, I’ve got tickets to a German film on Saturday. | 我有周六德國電影的票 |
[1:06:20] | Wanna go? | 想去嗎 |
[1:06:21] | Sure. Is it subtitled? | 當然 有字幕嗎 |
[1:06:24] | Good, because I only know how to swear in German. | 很好 因爲我只會用德語說髒話 |
[1:07:40] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:07:41] | Hey, Julia. Got any plans tonight? | 朱莉婭 今晚有安排嗎 |
[1:07:47] | Julia? | 朱莉婭 |
[1:07:48] | Hi. Yes. Um, tonight? No plans. | 我在 今晚嗎 沒安排 |
[1:07:51] | Good, I want to go to a club. | 很好 我想去個夜店 |
[1:07:53] | You know I hate those places. | 你知道我討厭那種地方 |
[1:07:56] | I can’t dance, and it’s too loud. | 我不會跳舞 而且真的很吵 |
[1:07:58] | It’s so funny that you say that. | 聽到你這麼說真好笑 |
[1:08:00] | Gabriel said almost the exact same thing. | 加百列剛說了和你幾乎一樣的話 |
[1:08:03] | Gabriel would come with us? | 加百列也一起去嗎 |
[1:08:04] | He isn’t happy about it, but he didn’t say no. | 他不是很樂意 但也沒拒絕 |
[1:08:08] | I have nothing to wear. | 我沒有合適的衣服 |
[1:08:09] | Hmm, I happen to know a certain delivery was made today. | 我碰巧知道今天有某個快遞寄到了 |
[1:08:13] | That was you!? | 那是你寄的嗎 |
[1:08:14] | Do you like everything? | 你都喜歡嗎 |
[1:08:16] | It’s too much. I can’t accept it. | 這太貴了 我不能接受 |
[1:08:18] | The shoes are… | 那雙鞋簡直 |
[1:08:19] | Julia, please. | 朱莉婭 拜託了 |
[1:08:22] | I’m so happy that we’re friends again. | 我真的很開心我們又成了朋友 |
[1:08:25] | Apart from running into you, | 除了偶然遇見你 |
[1:08:27] | and getting a chance to get close to Gabriel again, | 還有有機會再次跟加百列變親近 |
[1:08:29] | nothing good has happened to me since my mom got sick. | 自從我媽媽生病後 我就沒遇到過什麼好事 |
[1:08:32] | Please, just think of it as a belated birthday present, or | 拜託了 就當這是我和我媽送你的 |
[1:08:37] | an early Christmas gift from me and my mom. | 遲來的生日禮物 或是提前的聖誕禮物 |
[1:08:41] | Thank you, Rachel. | 謝謝你 雷切爾 |
[1:08:43] | Ok, so we’re gonna pick you up at 9. Be ready. Bye! | 好了 我們九點來接你 準備好 拜 |
[1:08:48] | Gabriel, Julia is gonna come! | 加百列 朱莉婭要來 |
[1:09:25] | – Ethan. – Mr. Emerson. | -伊桑 -愛默生先生 |
[1:09:27] | This is my sister Rachel and her friend, Julianne. | 這是我妹妹雷切爾和她的朋友朱利安 |
[1:09:57] | Julia looks so beautiful, right, Gabriel? | 朱莉婭看起來美呆了 對吧 加百列 |
[1:10:01] | Really, really gorgeous. | 真的 太美了 |
[1:10:03] | Please, Rachel, | 別說了 雷切爾 |
[1:10:04] | What? Isn’t she beautiful? | 幹嘛 難道她不美嗎 |
[1:10:07] | You both look fine. | 你倆都很漂亮 |
[1:10:19] | So, how was your date with Paul? | 你和保羅的約會怎麼樣 |
[1:10:21] | It was really nice. | 挺不錯的 |
[1:10:24] | Are you gonna see him again? | 你們還會再見面嗎 |
[1:10:25] | Yes. Tomorrow he’s taking me | 是的 明天他要帶我去電影節 |
[1:10:27] | to a double-feature at the Film Festival, | 看兩部連映的電影 |
[1:10:29] | and then afterward, to Chinatown. | 然後我們會去唐人街 |
[1:10:31] | Is he cute? | 他可愛嗎 |
[1:10:34] | He’s handsome and kind. | 他帥氣又善良 |
[1:10:37] | He treats me like a princess. | 她把我當公主一樣對待 |
[1:10:39] | Angel fucker. | 操他媽的 |
[1:10:40] | Alicia! | 艾麗西亞 |
[1:10:43] | What will it be ladies? | 你們要喝些什麼 |
[1:10:45] | We’ll have two Cosmos. You’ll love them. | 兩杯大都會雞尾酒 你肯定會喜歡的 |
[1:10:48] | A double shot of Laphroaig 25-year-old, neat, please. | 雙份拉弗格25年威士忌 不加冰和水 謝謝 |
[1:10:51] | And a small glass of spring water, non-sparkling. | 再要一小杯山泉水 不要氣泡水 |
[1:10:53] | Only you could make a drink pretentious. | 喝個酒也要裝逼 也就只有你了 |
[1:10:57] | It’s single malt whiskey. | 這是單一麥芽威士忌 |
[1:11:00] | I’ll let you try it when it arrives. | 等來了你們也嚐嚐看 |
[1:11:03] | We’re gonna dance. | 我們要去跳舞了 |
[1:11:48] | I can’t dance in these shoes. | 穿這個鞋我跳不了 |
[1:11:50] | Just move your body. | 動起來就好了 |
[1:11:52] | You look great, by the way. My brother is an idiot. | 你看起來真的很美 我哥就是個傻子 |
[1:12:22] | She’s with me. | 她是和我一起的 |
[1:12:32] | I was fine. And he was nice. | 我沒事 而且他人挺好的 |
[1:12:34] | He put his hands on you. | 他把手放在你身上了 |
[1:12:37] | We were dancing. I tripped. | 我們在跳舞 我絆倒了 |
[1:12:42] | I didn’t hear you asking me to dance. | 你也沒邀請我一起跳舞 |
[1:12:47] | That would rather defeat the purpose of watching, | 那就失去了觀看的意義 |
[1:12:50] | don’t you think? | 你不覺得嗎 |
[1:12:59] | I promised you a taste. | 我答應讓你嚐嚐的 |
[1:13:06] | No. | 不了 |
[1:13:07] | I insist. | 我堅持 |
[1:13:14] | Let me feed you. | 我來餵你 |
[1:13:20] | I can feed myself. | 我可以自己喝 |
[1:13:22] | Of course you can, but why should you… | 你當然可以了 但有我幫你代勞 |
[1:13:25] | when I’m here to do it for you? | 你爲什麼要自己來呢 |
[1:13:36] | That’s awful! It tastes like a campfire. | 太難喝了 喝起來就像是篝火 |
[1:13:40] | That’s the peat. | 是泥炭的味道 |
[1:13:42] | It’s an acquired taste. | 這是慢慢培養出來的愛好 |
[1:13:46] | You might decide it’s a taste you want to acquire, | 當你嘗過幾次後 |
[1:13:48] | once you’ve tried it a few times. | 你可能就會愛上 |
[1:13:50] | I doubt it. | 我表示懷疑 |
[1:13:51] | And by the way, I’m a big girl. | 順便說一下 我是個大姑娘了 |
[1:13:53] | I can look after myself, | 我可以照顧好自己 |
[1:13:54] | so unless I ask for your help, please leave me be. | 所以除非我請求你的幫助 請別管我 |
[1:13:57] | Nonsense. Your naiveté is hard to hide. | 胡說 你的天真藏都藏不住 |
[1:14:03] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 這話是什麼意思 |
[1:14:06] | Do I need to spell it out for you? | 還需要我解釋給你聽嗎 |
[1:14:11] | You blush like a teenager. | 你臉紅得像個少女一樣 |
[1:14:15] | And I can sense your innocence. | 我可以感受到你的純真 |
[1:14:19] | It’s more than obvious you’re still a virgin, so… | 而且顯而易見你還是個處女 |
[1:14:27] | stop pretending to be anything else. | 別再故作姿態了 |
[1:14:31] | Especially in a place like this. | 特別是在這種地方 |
[1:14:35] | You… | 你 |
[1:14:38] | You… | 你這 |
[1:14:41] | Stronzo! | 混蛋[意大利語] |
[1:14:44] | Stronzo? | 混蛋[意大利語] |
[1:15:00] | Whoa! Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:15:00] | No problem. | 沒關係 |
[1:15:02] | Ladies bathroom? | 女廁所在哪 |
[1:15:03] | Oh, it’s on the other side. Damn it. | 在另一邊 該死 |
[1:15:06] | Nah, I’m sorry, I’m having, um… | 不是 抱歉 我 |
[1:15:08] | text trouble. Julianne, right? | 是短信的問題 你是朱利安 對吧 |
[1:15:11] | Um, it’s Julia, actually. | 其實是朱莉婭 |
[1:15:14] | You don’t happen to speak Italian, do you? | 你不會碰巧會說意大利語吧 |
[1:15:16] | I saw you came with Mr. Emerson, so I kinda figured… | 我看見你跟愛默生先生一起來 所以我猜 |
[1:15:18] | Yes. | 我會 |
[1:15:19] | Would you help me text something to my girlfriend? | 你可以幫我給女朋友發個短信嗎 |
[1:15:21] | She’s Italian. I’d love to impress her. | 她是意大利人 我想給她點驚喜 |
[1:15:23] | Gabriel’s Italian is much better than mine. | 加百列的意大利語比我好多了 |
[1:15:26] | You should ask him. | 你應該去問問他 |
[1:15:27] | Are you kidding? I don’t want him anywhere near my woman. | 你開玩笑嗎 我可不想讓他接近我的女人 |
[1:15:32] | So would you? | 你願意幫我嗎 |
[1:15:46] | Ethan. | 伊桑 |
[1:15:47] | Mr. Emerson. | 愛默生先生 |
[1:15:53] | Julia. | 朱莉婭 |
[1:16:13] | Why did you give him your number? | 你爲什麼要把你的手機號給他 |
[1:16:16] | He lives with a woman. And now he’s calling you Julia? | 他和一個女人住在一起 現在卻叫你朱莉婭 |
[1:16:20] | That’s my name, Professor. | 那是我的名字 教授 |
[1:16:23] | And I didn’t give him my number. | 而且我沒給他我的號碼 |
[1:16:26] | I was helping him. | 我是在幫他 |
[1:16:33] | Dance with me. | 和我一起跳舞 |
[1:16:34] | Not a chance in hell. | 絕不可能 |
[1:16:35] | Don’t be so difficult. | 別讓我爲難 |
[1:16:37] | I’m just getting started being difficult with you, Professor. | 我纔剛開始爲難你 教授 |
[1:16:40] | Watch it. | 小心點 |
[1:16:44] | Why don’t you just stick a knife in my heart | 你爲什麼不乾脆在我心上插把刀 |
[1:16:47] | and get it over with? | 了結這一切 |
[1:16:50] | Haven’t you hurt me enough? | 你還沒傷夠我嗎 |
[1:16:58] | Julianne. | 朱利安 |
[1:17:01] | Am I so evil? | 我有這麼壞嗎 |
[1:17:06] | I have no wish to hurt you. | 我從來沒想要傷害你 |
[1:17:14] | Will you do me the honor | 你願意賞光 |
[1:17:16] | of dancing with me? | 與我共舞嗎 |
[1:17:22] | I’ve been a giant stronzo tonight. | 我今晚太混蛋了 |
[1:17:27] | Mi dispiace. | 對不起[意大利語] |
[1:17:31] | One dance. | 就一支舞 |
[1:18:47] | I don’t think this is very professional, us dancing. | 我覺得我們這樣跳舞 不太符合師生關係 |
[1:18:54] | I’m not being professional at all with you tonight. | 我今晚一點都不想和你談師生關係 |
[1:19:00] | I only wanted to dance with the prettiest girl in the club. | 我只想跟這裏最漂亮的女孩跳舞 |
[1:19:04] | Don’t make fun of me. | 別取笑我了 |
[1:19:11] | I’m not. | 我沒有 |
[1:19:22] | Your face is familiar. | 你的臉很眼熟 |
[1:19:29] | Are you sure Rachel didn’t introduce us? | 你確定雷切爾沒有介紹我們認識過嗎 |
[1:19:40] | But you do remind me of Beatrice, | 但是你確實讓我想起了貝緹麗彩 |
[1:19:44] | from Holiday’s painting. | 霍利迪畫作中的貝緹麗彩 |
[1:19:48] | Isn’t it funny that you own it? | 你還有這幅畫 真是有趣 |
[1:19:52] | Gabriel. | 加百列 |
[1:19:58] | Your dress is lovely. | 你的裙子很美 |
[1:20:03] | And those shoes are… | 還有那雙鞋 |
[1:20:06] | exquisite. | 很精緻 |
[1:20:09] | Rachel and Grace are very generous. | 雷切爾和格蕾絲非常慷慨 |
[1:20:13] | Unlike me. | 不像我 |
[1:20:15] | I never said that. | 我可沒這麼說過 |
[1:20:18] | I was hungry and you fed me. | 你在我餓了的時候請我吃飯 |
[1:20:22] | That was generous. | 這就很慷慨 |
[1:20:24] | Promise me you’ll tell me if you’re starving. | 我要你保證 要是餓了一定要告訴我 |
[1:20:28] | I won’t let you starve. | 我絕對不會讓你捱餓的 |
[1:20:32] | I promise, but I’m okay. | 我答應你 但我真的不餓 |
[1:20:34] | I’ve had my fill of steak and… | 我已經吃飽了牛排還有 |
[1:20:39] | apples. | 蘋果了 |
[1:20:40] | I’ll speak to the department about | 我會去和校方談談 |
[1:20:42] | increasing your fellowship. | 看能不能多給你些獎學金 |
[1:20:44] | Really, I’m fine, Professor. Thank you. | 我真的挺好的 教授 謝謝你 |
[1:20:53] | It’s all right. You can say it. | 沒關係 你可以直說的 |
[1:20:58] | I was… | 我曾經 |
[1:21:03] | if you ever need someone to talk to… | 如果你想找人聊聊 |
[1:21:05] | …about Grace, I mean. | 聊聊格蕾絲的事情 |
[1:21:09] | Not that it’s very professional, | 雖然這樣可能有違師生關係 |
[1:21:10] | but I’ll be around. | 但我願意隨時奉陪 |
[1:21:14] | Yeah, that’s all. | 對 就這樣 |
[1:21:20] | Julianne, that’s a very kind offer. | 朱利安 你能這麼提議 我很高興 |
[1:21:26] | Thank you. | 謝謝你 |
[1:21:29] | I don’t like to talk about certain things, but | 有些事我不太想聊 但是 |
[1:21:33] | I’ll keep that in mind. | 我會記住這個提議的 |
[1:21:54] | I’ve never danced like this before. | 我從來沒這樣跳過舞 |
[1:22:01] | Then I’m glad I’m your first. | 那我很高興能成爲你的第一次 |
[1:22:09] | What’s wrong? | 怎麼了 |
[1:22:31] | You have to stop buying me things. | 你真的別再給我買東西了 |
[1:22:34] | I may have picked it out, but | 雖然這些東西都是我選的 |
[1:22:37] | Gabriel’s actually the one who bought it. | 其實都是加百列付錢買的 |
[1:22:40] | What? Why? | 什麼 爲什麼 |
[1:22:42] | Just open it. | 你先打開吧 |
[1:22:54] | It’s Italian. | 是意大利產的 |
[1:22:56] | We both know you and Gabriel have a thing. | 我們都知道你和加百列情有獨鍾 |
[1:22:59] | For Italy. | 對意大利情有獨鍾 |
[1:23:00] | I was not supposed to tell you it was from him. | 我本來不該告訴你這是他送的 |
[1:23:02] | He would kill me if he found out that I told you. | 要是被他知道了 我肯定小命不保 |
[1:23:06] | I don’t need his charity. | 我不需要他的施捨 |
[1:23:07] | It’s not charity. | 這不是施捨 |
[1:23:10] | He hates your knapsack. | 是他太討厭你的那個揹包了 |
[1:23:11] | I have a lifetime guarantee. | 我可有終身保修呢 |
[1:23:13] | I can just go get a new one. | 我隨時都能去換個新的 |
[1:23:14] | This is way too expensive. | 這個也太貴了 |
[1:23:17] | It’s not like he’s gonna miss the money. | 他又不缺錢 |
[1:23:19] | Professors don’t make that much. | 教授掙不了那麼多錢 |
[1:23:21] | Julia. | 朱莉婭 |
[1:23:23] | Gabriel’s, like, super rich. | 加百列他其實 超級有錢 |
[1:23:26] | What? | 什麼 |
[1:23:30] | So, you know my parents adopted Gabriel when he was nine? | 你知道我父母在加百列九歲時收養了他吧 |
[1:23:34] | My mother found him wandering a hospital in Sunbury. | 我媽媽看到他在森伯裏的一家醫院徘徊 |
[1:23:38] | His mother had just died. | 他媽媽剛去世 |
[1:23:40] | Pneumonia, I think. | 我記得是死於肺炎 |
[1:23:42] | He was poor and starving. | 他當時又窮又餓 |
[1:23:45] | My parents adopted him after his family rejected him. | 他的家人把他趕走之後 我父母才收養了他 |
[1:23:51] | I’m so sorry, Rachel. | 對不起 雷切爾 |
[1:23:53] | I didn’t know. | 我之前不知道 |
[1:23:55] | So, a few years ago, his biological father died, | 幾年前 他的生父死了 |
[1:23:59] | and for some reason left him a huge inheritance. | 也不知道爲什麼 給他留了一大筆遺產 |
[1:24:03] | I think he’s trying to stick it to his old man | 我覺得他想把錢留給他老人家 |
[1:24:05] | and spend the money faster than it accumulates interest. | 所以花錢比累積利息快 |
[1:24:14] | Gabriel pretends to be whole, but | 加百列裝作自己無懈可擊 |
[1:24:17] | deep down he hates himself. | 但在他在內心深處十分痛恨自己 |
[1:24:20] | I did tell him to be nicer to you, | 我告訴過他要對你好一些 |
[1:24:22] | so I think his behavior will improve. | 所以我覺得他應該會有所改善 |
[1:24:24] | He ignores me, mostly. | 他基本上不怎麼理我 |
[1:24:28] | Uh, don’t you notice how he stares at you? | 你沒注意到他會盯着你看嗎 |
[1:24:32] | He does? | 他有嗎 |
[1:24:35] | Gabriel has been on the outs for so long. | 加百列已經鬧了很久別扭了 |
[1:24:37] | He’s finally letting me back into his life. | 現在終於肯讓我回到他的生活中了 |
[1:24:40] | If you refuse this bag he’s gonna know that I told you. | 如果你不收這個包 他就會知道我和你說過 |
[1:24:42] | Please… | 拜託了 |
[1:24:45] | Okay. I’ll take the bag. | 好吧 那我就收下這個包 |
[1:24:47] | For you. | 只是爲了你 |
[1:24:48] | Good. If you want, | 好 如果你想的話 |
[1:24:50] | you can pretend it’s another birthday present from me. | 你可以裝作這是我送你的另一個生日禮物 |
[1:24:54] | I don’t really celebrate my birthday anymore. | 我已經不太慶祝自己的生日了 |
[1:25:01] | Have you heard from him? | 你有他的消息嗎 |
[1:25:04] | Not since I changed my number. | 自從我換了號碼後就沒有了 |
[1:25:09] | I could run him over with my car | 就憑他對你做的這些事 |
[1:25:10] | for what he did to you. | 我願意開車把他碾死 |
[1:25:19] | I wish Gabriel had taken a page from your book | 希望加百列能從你這吸取教訓 |
[1:25:22] | and learned a thing or two about how to deal with heartbreak. | 學學該怎麼對付心碎的感覺 |
[1:25:27] | Can you watch over him for me? | 你能幫我看着他嗎 |
[1:25:29] | If you see him start to act strangely, | 如果你再看見他舉止怪異 |
[1:25:32] | or if he gets in trouble, can you call me? | 或者遇到什麼困難了 你能打給我嗎 |
[1:25:34] | With our mom gone, I just… I worry about him. | 自從媽媽去世 我就很擔心他 |
[1:25:40] | Sure. | 我會的 |
[1:25:42] | I am so glad that you’re around. | 你在我身邊 我真的很開心 |
[1:25:45] | You can be his guardian angel. | 你可以做他的守護天使 |
[1:25:49] | So, Paul seems nice. | 保羅看起來還挺不錯的 |
[1:26:05] | What does the “V” stand for? | 你名字裏的”V”代表什麼 |
[1:26:13] | You, uh, promise not to tell anyone? | 你能保證不告訴其他人嗎 |
[1:26:16] | Of course! | 當然了 |
[1:26:18] | It’s Virgil. | 是維吉爾 |
[1:26:20] | Virgil? | 維吉爾 |
[1:26:22] | You’re studying to become a Dante specialist, | 你想成爲但丁專家 |
[1:26:25] | and your middle name is Virgil? | 而你的中間名居然是維吉爾 |
[1:26:27] | Don’t laugh. | 別笑了 |
[1:26:29] | It’s a family name after my great-grandfather, | 這是我曾祖父的姓氏 |
[1:26:32] | a dairy farmer from Essex, Vermont, | 他是一個佛蒙特州艾塞克斯縣的奶農 |
[1:26:33] | who I can guarantee you never read Dante. | 我敢保證他絕對沒讀過但丁的作品 |
[1:26:37] | I think it’s a beautiful name. | 我覺得這個名字挺好聽的 |
[1:26:57] | Little Rabbit. | 小兔子 |
[1:27:01] | Isn’t this cozy? | 你們挺舒服嘛 |
[1:27:03] | Slumming with M.A. students, Paul? | 和碩士生混在一起 保羅 |
[1:27:05] | Two coffees, Christa? Pulling an all-nighter? | 兩杯咖啡啊 克里斯塔 是要熬夜嗎 |
[1:27:08] | Oh, you have no idea. | 你絕對猜不到的 |
[1:27:10] | One for me and one for Gabriel. | 一杯是我的 一杯是加百列的 |
[1:27:13] | Oh, Professor Emerson to you. | 也就是你的愛默生教授 |
[1:27:16] | You’ve never called him Gabriel to his face. | 你根本沒當面直呼過他加百列 |
[1:27:18] | I dare you to do it the next time you see him. | 我敢打賭你下次見他也不敢這麼叫 |
[1:27:20] | You dare me? Funny. | 你還敢打賭 真好笑 |
[1:27:23] | After our meeting, we’ll probably head over to Lobby for drinks. | 等談完話後 我們應該會去大廳裏喝幾杯 |
[1:27:26] | He likes to go there after work to, you know, unwind. | 他喜歡在下班後到那去放鬆放鬆 |
[1:27:28] | You’re not his type. | 他不喜歡你這種類型的 |
[1:27:30] | Excuse me? | 你說什麼 |
[1:27:31] | I said, don’t believe the hype. | 我是說 別聽信流言了 |
[1:27:34] | As if they’d let you in. | 說得跟你能被捲進去一樣 |
[1:27:35] | That’s enough, Christa. | 克里斯塔 夠了 |
[1:27:37] | I just meant you have to pass some kind of standard I.Q. test first. | 你也得先通過某些標準智商測試才行 |
[1:27:41] | And from what Gabriel says, you’re not very bright. | 就像加百列說的那樣 你腦子不太靈光 |
[1:27:43] | Oh, really? And what else does Gabriel say? | 是嗎 那加百列還說了什麼 |
[1:27:51] | Paul. | 保羅 |
[1:27:53] | Miss Mitchell, | 米切爾小姐 |
[1:27:54] | you’re looking smart, | 你們看起來很聰明 |
[1:27:56] | as always. | 一如往常 |
[1:28:03] | Miss Peterson. | 彼得森小姐 |
[1:28:13] | Now, where were we? | 好了 我們說到哪了 |
[1:28:16] | I’m sorry. I should never have kissed you. | 對不起 我不該吻你的 |
[1:28:19] | It’s okay. | 沒關係 |
[1:28:21] | I’ve wanted to kiss you since the first day I saw you, but… | 我從第一天見到你就想吻你了 但是 |
[1:28:25] | Julia, the kiss doesn’t have to change anything. | 朱莉婭 這個吻不會改變任何事 |
[1:28:30] | Just think of it as a moment between friends. | 把它當作是朋友間的舉動就好了 |
[1:28:35] | Would that make it better? | 這樣你會好受一些嗎 |
[1:28:38] | You’ve been nothing but nice to me. | 你對我太好了 |
[1:28:41] | I’m nice to you because I want to be. | 我對你好 是因爲我想對你好 |
[1:28:45] | Don’t feel obligated to do anything you don’t want to do. | 不要覺得你必須做任何你不想做的事 |
[1:28:49] | I’ll be your friend no matter what. | 無論如何我是你的朋友 |
[1:28:51] | And if one day, you want more… | 如果有一天 你想要超越朋友關係 |
[1:28:54] | I’m not ready. | 我還沒準備好 |
[1:28:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:29:03] | Looks like Emerson’s giving Christa hell. | 看來愛默生沒給克里斯塔好臉色看 |
[1:29:08] | You should have given her hell for how she talked to you. | 她那樣對你說話 你也應該給她點臉色看 |
[1:29:11] | I try not to lower myself to her level. | 我不想把自己降低到她的層次 |
[1:29:14] | I like to think goodness can expose evil for what it really is. | 我更希望善良可以揭露邪惡的本源 |
[1:29:20] | Not that I think I’m good. I don’t think I’m good. | 我不是說我有多善良 我不覺得自己很善良 |
[1:29:25] | I’m not making any sense. | 我都語無倫次了 |
[1:29:28] | Of course you’re making sense. | 你當然沒有語無倫次 |
[1:29:30] | We talked about this in my Aquinas seminar. | 我們在阿奎那討論課上談過 |
[1:29:33] | Evil is its own punishment. | 惡有惡報 |
[1:29:38] | Refill? | 要續杯嗎 |
[1:29:59] | 你很聰明 朱利安 | |
[1:30:08] | “Dear Miss Mitchell, | “親愛的米切爾小姐 |
[1:30:08] | 多倫多大學 意大利研究系 | |
[1:30:10] | Congratulations, you are the recipient | 恭喜您 您獲得了 |
[1:30:12] | of the M. P. Emerson Bursary | 每學期5000加元的 |
[1:30:14] | in the amount of $5000 per semester.” | MP·愛默生助學金” |
[1:31:51] | Julianne. Julianne, it’s just me. | 朱利安 朱利安 是我而已 |
[1:31:54] | What are you doing in my carrel? | 你在我的閱覽室裏做什麼 |
[1:31:55] | Oh, my God. I’m so sorry. | 我的天 真的很抱歉 |
[1:31:58] | I borrowed Paul’s key. I’m so sorry. | 我借了保羅的鑰匙 真的很抱歉 |
[1:32:00] | I’ll get out of your way. I’m sorry. | 我馬上收拾走人 對不起 |
[1:32:03] | Julianne, it’s all right. | 朱利安 沒關係的 |
[1:32:06] | You’re welcome to be here. | 歡迎你來這裏 |
[1:32:08] | Julianne? | 朱利安 |
[1:32:12] | Julianne? | 朱利安 |
[1:32:15] | Are you ok? | 你沒事吧 |
[1:32:16] | What happened? | 發生什麼了 |
[1:32:18] | I think you grew light-headed when you stood up too quickly. | 我覺得是你剛剛起身太快 暈了一下 |
[1:32:21] | It’s warm in here. | 這裏面很暖和 |
[1:32:33] | I don’t mind you using the carrel. | 我不介意你用我的閱覽室 |
[1:32:36] | I’m glad Paul offered it. | 我很高興保羅給你提供了這個地方 |
[1:32:39] | Is he here? | 他在這兒嗎 |
[1:32:40] | He’s at Princeton presenting a paper. | 他在普林斯頓大學發表論文 |
[1:32:43] | Ah, yes, that’s right. | 是的 沒錯 |
[1:32:47] | That’s a fine briefcase you have. | 你的公文包看上去挺不錯的 |
[1:32:50] | Thank you. | 謝謝你 |
[1:32:52] | There appears to be something alive in it. | 裏面好像有什麼小動物 |
[1:32:55] | May I? | 我能看看嗎 |
[1:33:02] | Oh, this is, um… | 這 這個挺 |
[1:33:05] | nice. | 挺好的 |
[1:33:08] | R | 我不在的時候 它可以和你作伴 回見 你的保羅 |
[1:33:10] | R? Who is R? | R R是誰 |
[1:33:13] | It’s a nickname. | 是個暱稱 |
[1:33:15] | Why not B? | 爲什麼不是B呢 |
[1:33:20] | Beautiful. | 美人[英文爲B開頭] |
[1:33:28] | Have you had dinner? | 你吃晚飯了嗎 |
[1:33:29] | No. | 還沒 |
[1:33:31] | Join me? | 一起嗎 |
[1:33:32] | Are you sure? | 您確定嗎 |
[1:33:34] | I am not the kind of person who makes idle invitations. | 我不是那種無故邀請別人的人 |
[1:33:37] | If I invite you to dinner, then I’m sure. | 如果我邀請你共進晚餐 那我就很確定 |
[1:33:41] | Now, are you coming or not? | 你到底來還是不來 |
[1:33:47] | You can talk about your thesis proposal. | 我們可以聊聊你的論文開題 |
[1:33:52] | Thank you, Professor. | 謝謝您 教授 |
[1:34:09] | Their Caesar salads are quite good, | 他們這裏的凱撒沙拉挺好吃的 |
[1:34:12] | as is their Neapolitan pizza. But they’re quite large. | 那不勒斯披薩也不錯 不過量挺大的 |
[1:34:16] | Are you the type to share? | 你願意一起吃嗎 |
[1:34:19] | I mean, would you share with me? | 我的意思是 你介意和我分着吃嗎 |
[1:34:21] | Or order whatever you like. | 或者點些其他你愛吃的 |
[1:34:22] | Perhaps you don’t like pizza and salad. | 要是你不喜歡吃披薩或者沙拉的話 |
[1:34:26] | I’d like to share with you. Thank you. | 我可以和你分着吃 謝謝 |
[1:34:38] | Are you cold? | 你冷嗎 |
[1:34:57] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[1:35:06] | Better? | 暖和點了嗎 |
[1:35:09] | Better. | 好多了 |
[1:35:12] | So, let’s hear it. | 來 我們聽聽 |
[1:35:16] | I see the wheels turning in that little mind of yours, so | 我聽見你小腦袋瓜裏的齒輪在一直轉動 |
[1:35:19] | out with it. | 說吧 |
[1:35:25] | I can’t accept these. | 我不能接受這些 |
[1:35:32] | What makes you think they’re from me? | 你爲什麼會覺得這是我給的 |
[1:35:37] | You can accept them. | 你可以接受 |
[1:35:40] | And you will. | 你也必須接受 |
[1:35:43] | I don’t think this is very professional, Professor Emerson. | 我認爲這樣不符合師生關係 愛默生教授 |
[1:35:46] | It looks like you’re trying to buy me. | 感覺像是你想花錢買我 |
[1:35:49] | Buy you? | 買下你嗎 |
[1:35:55] | If I wanted you at all, I certainly wouldn’t have to buy you. | 如果我想得到你 當然不會花錢買你 |
[1:35:59] | Watch it. | 小心點 |
[1:36:08] | I meant… | 我的意思是 |
[1:36:11] | you are not the type of woman who could be bought, | 你不是那種可以用錢買到的女人 |
[1:36:15] | are you? | 不是嗎 |
[1:36:20] | Why do you do that? Provoke me? | 你爲什麼這麼做 爲了激怒我嗎 |
[1:36:24] | I don’t. I’m not… | 我沒有 我不 |
[1:36:27] | You are my professor. | 你是我的教授 |
[1:36:29] | And your best friend’s older brother. | 也是你最好朋友的哥哥 |
[1:36:32] | Can’t we just be Julianne and Gabriel | 我們就不能是朱利安和加百列 |
[1:36:36] | for an evening? | 就這一晚 |
[1:36:40] | It might not seem obvious to you, | 可能你沒有看出來 |
[1:36:43] | but I’m trying to be human here. | 但我正試着像正常人一樣 |
[1:36:44] | You are? | 是嗎 |
[1:37:01] | You wish to be professional, | 你想保持師生關係 |
[1:37:04] | then act like it. | 那就做出行動 |
[1:37:07] | Accept the bursary, like a normal grad student, | 像正常研究生一樣 接受助學金 |
[1:37:11] | and be profoundly grateful. | 並心懷感激 |
[1:37:13] | I don’t want to play Héloise to your Abelard. | 我可不想扮演亞伯拉德的哀綠綺思 |
[1:37:16] | I would never seduce a student. | 我從不會去勾引學生 |
[1:37:26] | Then thank you. | 那謝謝你 |
[1:37:31] | Never be ashamed to accept a gift | 永遠不要羞於接受 |
[1:37:33] | when there are no strings attached. | 沒有附加條件的禮物 |
[1:37:38] | Grace used to say that. | 格蕾絲也曾這樣說過 |
[1:37:53] | Paulina, what is it? | 寶琳娜 什麼事 |
[1:37:58] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[1:38:23] | I’m sorry. I gotta go. I… | 抱歉 我得走了 我 |
[1:38:40] | The waiter will pack up your meal. | 服務員會幫你打包的 |
[1:38:45] | Good night, Julianne. | 晚安 朱利安 |
[1:38:49] | I’ll see you on Wednesday. | 週三見 |
[1:38:54] | If I’m still here. | 如果我還在的話 |
[1:39:34] | Julia! | 朱莉婭 |
[1:39:36] | – Hey, Ethan. – Hey. | -你好 伊桑 -你好 |
[1:39:38] | First of all, thanks for helping me with my girlfriend the other day. | 首先 感謝你那天幫我給女朋友發消息 |
[1:39:40] | I scored major points. | 給我添色不少 |
[1:39:41] | Glad I could help. | 很高興我能幫上忙 |
[1:39:42] | I could use your help again, though. | 能再幫我個忙嗎 |
[1:39:44] | Sure. Give me your cell. | 當然 把你的手機給我吧 |
[1:39:45] | – No, actually, it’s Mr. Emerson. – What? | -不 其實是愛默生先生的事 -什麼 |
[1:39:48] | Ok, so he’s inside, super drunk. | 他在裏面 喝得酩酊大醉 |
[1:39:50] | He does not do well with getting cut off. | 他可不喜歡被人打斷 |
[1:39:52] | I need to get him into a cab, | 我得幫他叫輛出租車 |
[1:39:53] | so maybe you can come inside, persuade him to leave? | 你可以進去 勸他離開嗎 |
[1:39:56] | I’ll try. | 我儘量 |
[1:40:09] | He’s with one of his students. | 他和他的學生在一起 |
[1:40:11] | Yeah, not sure what I can do about that. | 對 我也不知道能做些什麼 |
[1:40:39] | Are you kidding me? | 開什麼玩笑 |
[1:40:41] | Don’t they teach you how to carry a tray in waitress school? | 你沒在服務員學校學過怎麼端盤子嗎 |
[1:40:48] | Professor. | 教授 |
[1:40:51] | Miss Mitchell. | 米切爾小姐 |
[1:40:54] | To what do I owe this unexpected delight? | 什麼風把您吹來了 |
[1:40:58] | Can you help me get a cab? I need to go home. | 你能幫我叫一輛車嗎 我要回家了 |
[1:41:01] | Of course. Anything for you. | 當然 爲你做什麼都可以 |
[1:41:03] | And I do mean anything. | 我是認真的 |
[1:41:06] | But first, a drink. | 但首先 先喝一杯 |
[1:41:08] | I already have one! | 我已經有一杯了 |
[1:41:09] | Does it pair well with couscous? | 這和蒸粗麥粉搭嗎 |
[1:41:12] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t make fun of your poverty. | 抱歉 我不應該取笑你的貧窮 |
[1:41:17] | It’s past your bedtime. | 已經過了你的休息時間 |
[1:41:19] | You shouldn’t be in a place like this. | 你不應該來這種地方 |
[1:41:21] | Time to get me home then. | 所以該送我回家了 |
[1:41:35] | Okay. | 好了 |
[1:41:39] | After you. | 你先請 |
[1:41:40] | On second thought, I can walk. | 轉念一想 我可以走回去 |
[1:41:42] | Then I have time for another drink. | 那我就有時間再喝一杯了 |
[1:41:44] | No! Let’s go. | 不 我們走吧 |
[1:42:17] | You picked me up, you naughty little kitty. | 你是來接我的 你這隻淘氣的小貓 |
[1:42:20] | I didn’t pick you up, I’m dropping you off. | 我不是來接你 我是在送你回去 |
[1:42:23] | And if you keep this up, I will drop you. | 如果你再繼續這樣 我就真要把你扔下了 |
[1:42:30] | Good night, Professor. | 晚安 教授 |
[1:42:37] | I’ve lost my keys. | 我鑰匙丟了 |
[1:42:46] | But I’ve found my glasses. | 但是我找到了眼鏡 |
[1:43:17] | I feel sick. | 我覺得噁心 |
[1:43:26] | Come on, Professor. Let’s get you to bed. | 來吧 教授 扶你去牀上 |
[1:43:31] | What’s so funny? | 什麼事那麼開心 |
[1:43:33] | You, Miss Mitchell. | 你 米切爾小姐 |
[1:43:35] | You’re taking me to bed, | 你要帶我上牀 |
[1:43:37] | but you haven’t even kissed me yet. | 你都還沒吻過我 |
[1:43:41] | Don’t you think we should canoodle first? | 你不覺得我們應該先親熱一下嗎 |
[1:43:45] | I haven’t even had a chance to pet you, | 我都還沒來得及愛撫你呢 |
[1:43:47] | you naughty little kitty. | 你這淘氣的小貓咪 |
[1:43:51] | And you’re a virgin, aren’t you? | 你還是個處女 對嗎 |
[1:43:54] | You’ve never canoodled a day in your life. | 你這輩子從來就沒親熱過一天 |
[1:43:56] | I’m taking you to your bedroom so you can sleep it off. | 我帶你去臥室 讓你睡個好覺 |
[1:44:00] | – Now come on. – Then kiss me good night, | -走吧 -那給我一個晚安吻吧 |
[1:44:03] | and I’ll go to bed like a good little boy. | 我就乖乖去牀上睡覺 |
[1:44:07] | Please don’t hurt me. | 求你不要傷害我 |
[1:44:11] | Never. | 永遠不會 |
[1:44:51] | Beautiful Julianne. | 美麗的朱利安 |
[1:45:02] | Sweet like candy. | 像糖一樣甜蜜 |
[1:45:36] | I’m sorry, Julianne. | 抱歉 朱利安 |
[1:45:38] | I’m sorry I was a bad boy. | 對不起 我是個壞孩子 |
[1:45:40] | It’s all right. Come on. | 沒事 走吧 |
[1:46:30] | Are you gonna be all right for a minute? | 你可以自己先待會兒嗎 |
[1:48:10] | Gabriel, you’ve thrown up all over yourself. | 加百列 你吐得渾身都是 |
[1:48:15] | Do you want to stay like this or… | 你想就這樣待着嗎 或者 |
[1:48:29] | Let me. | 讓我來吧 |
[1:51:07] | Julianne… | 朱利安 |
[1:51:11] | Please don’t leave me. | 請不要離開我 |
[1:51:15] | I’m not going leave you. | 我不會離開你的 |
[1:51:19] | Sleep now. | 睡吧 |
[1:51:59] | Ti amo, Dante. | 我愛你 但丁[意大利語] |
[1:52:04] | Eccomi Beatrice. | 你的貝緹麗彩 |
[1:52:19] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:52:20] | Who the hell is this? | 你他媽是誰 |
[1:52:22] | Who’s this? | 你哪位 |
[1:52:23] | It’s Paulina. Put Gabriel on. | 我是寶琳娜 讓加百列接電話 |
[1:52:26] | He’s, um, indisposed at the moment. | 他 現在身體不適 |
[1:52:30] | Indisposed? Listen you little slut, | 什麼身體不適 你個賤人聽好了 |
[1:52:33] | roll him over and put the phone in his hand, | 讓他滾過來 手機給他 |
[1:52:35] | – I’m calling from… – Please call back tomorrow. | -我是從 -請你明天再打過來 |
[1:52:57] | Beatrice. | 貝緹麗彩 |
[1:53:03] | You found me. | 你找到我了 |
[1:53:07] | You remember? | 你還記得 |
[1:53:15] | I thought you had forgotten me. | 我以爲你已經把我忘了 |
[1:53:20] | Never. | 從來沒有 |
[1:53:40] | I missed you so much. | 我很想你 |
[1:53:46] | I should have waited. | 我應該再等等的 |
[1:53:51] | I love you. | 我愛你 |
[1:53:57] | I love you so much, it hurts. | 我愛你愛到心痛 |
[1:56:06] | “I’d given up hope, until you looked | 我曾放棄希望 直到昨晚 |
[1:56:09] | into my eyes last night and finally saw me. | 你看着我的眼睛 並看到了我 |
[1:56:13] | Apparuit iam beatitudo vestra. | 你的幸福已然降臨[意大利語] |
[1:56:20] | Your Beatrice.” | 你的貝緹麗彩 |
[1:57:08] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在這裏做什麼 |
[1:57:17] | I asked you a question! | 我在問你話 |
[1:57:20] | What the fuck are you doing in my clothes? | 你他媽怎麼穿我的衣服 |
[1:57:22] | Don’t you remember last night? | 你不記得昨晚的事了嗎 |
[1:57:25] | No, thankfully I don’t! | 不記得 謝天謝地 |
[1:57:27] | And get the fuck up off that floor! | 快他媽從地板上爬起來 |
[1:57:32] | Don’t you dare speak to me like that, you lousy drunk. | 你怎麼敢這麼跟我說話 你個醉鬼 |
[1:57:37] | Who the fuck do you think you are? | 你他媽以爲你是誰啊 |
[1:57:40] | I should have let Gollum have you! | 我就應該讓咕嚕把你帶走 |
[1:57:42] | I should have let you fuck her brains out | 我就應該讓你在酒吧前廳正中間 |
[1:57:45] | in front of everyone on top of the bar at Lobby. | 讓你在衆人面前把她乾的欲仙欲死 |
[1:57:48] | What are… What are you talking about? | 什麼 你在說什麼 |
[1:57:50] | Hau ab! Verpiss dich! | 滾開 滾你媽的[德語] |
[1:57:53] | How did you learn to swear in German? | 你怎麼會用德語罵髒話的 |
[1:57:55] | Bite me, Gabriel! | 你咬我啊 加百列 |
[1:58:05] | What are you doing? | 你在幹嘛 |
[1:58:07] | What does it look like I’m doing? | 你覺得我在幹嘛 |
[1:58:08] | I’m getting the hell out of here before I take one of your | 我要趕緊離開這個鬼地方 |
[1:58:10] | stupid bow ties and strangle you with it! | 不然我就要用你那個該死的領結勒死你 |
[1:58:42] | Who’s Gollum? | 咕嚕是誰 |
[1:58:43] | Christa-fucking-Peterson! | 該死的克里斯塔·彼得森 |
[1:58:48] | I saved you from fucking her! | 我救了你 沒讓你上她 |
[1:58:49] | Did you and I have sex? | 我們上牀了嗎 |
[1:58:52] | In your dreams. | 想得美 |
[1:58:53] | That’s not an answer. | 你沒有回答我 |
[1:58:54] | Of course you would have to be drunk to want to fuck me. | 當然了 你得喝醉了纔會想上我 |
[1:58:56] | Who said anything about fucking? | 誰說上牀的事了 |
[1:58:58] | Whatever happened, | 不管發生了什麼 |
[1:59:00] | Consider yourself lucky you don’t remember. | 你應該慶幸你什麼都不記得了 |
[1:59:02] | Julianne, just please… | 朱利安 拜託 |
[1:59:04] | tell me… tell me I wasn’t rough with you. | 告訴我 我沒有對你粗暴相待 |
[1:59:07] | You didn’t hurt me. | 你是沒有傷害我 |
[1:59:09] | You wanted someone to put you to bed and keep you company. | 你只想有人陪你上牀睡覺 |
[1:59:12] | You were actually more of a gentleman last night | 昨晚的你都比今早的你 |
[1:59:15] | than you have been this morning. | 更有紳士風度 |
[1:59:17] | I think I like you better when you’re drunk. | 我覺得我更喜歡 |
[1:59:19] | Julianne, I think very highly of you. | 朱利安 我對你評價很高 |
[1:59:23] | You’re beautiful, you’re innocent and sweet. | 你很漂亮 清純甜美 |
[1:59:26] | But what happened last night can’t happen again. | 但昨晚的事沒有第二次了 |
[1:59:33] | I apologize for kissing you. | 我很抱歉吻了你 |
[1:59:37] | Oh, that? | 那個嘛 |
[1:59:39] | I’d forgotten all about it. It was nothing. | 我已經全忘了 沒什麼 |
[1:59:43] | I’m just glad I didn’t hurt you. | 我很慶幸沒傷害你 |
[1:59:50] | You hurt me. | 你傷到我了 |
[1:59:52] | You hurt me. | 你傷到我了 |
[1:59:59] | Why did you sign the note the way you did? | 你爲什麼在便條上這樣署名 |
[2:00:02] | You begged me to come after you. | 是你求我來找你 |
[2:00:04] | To look for you in Hell. | 去地獄裏找你 |
[2:00:09] | Well, that’s exactly where I found you, | 你的確就在地獄裏 |
[2:00:11] | and you can stay there for all I care. | 就該讓你待在那 我管不着 |
[2:00:15] | Beatrice? | 貝緹麗彩 |
[2:00:18] | You were my first kiss. | 你是我的初吻 |
[2:00:20] | I fell asleep in your arms in your precious orchard. | 在你珍貴的果園裏 我在你的懷裏睡着了 |
[2:00:24] | Beatrice, wait! Wait! | 貝緹麗彩 等等 等等 |
[2:00:26] | Wait! Beatrice! | 等一下 貝緹麗彩 |
[2:00:29] | I’m not your Beatrice anymore. | 我再也不是你的貝緹麗彩了 |