时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | I want to do something original. | 我想回归绘画的本原 |
[00:10] | Unique. | 独特 |
[00:11] | You could paint your perfect painting, Pablo. | 你可以画出完美的作品 巴勃罗 |
[00:14] | These paintings, they were the best work I’ve ever done. | 这些画 是我画过最好的作品 |
[00:17] | I’ve had my work destroyed before. | 我的画作曾经被毁过 |
[00:19] | And the Nazis have labeled every bit of it as degenerate. | 而纳粹把这些东西全部打上了”堕落”的标签 |
[00:23] | It is extraordinary, Pablo. | 这画太棒了 巴勃罗 |
[00:25] | It’s a gift, Uncle. | 这是份礼物 叔叔 |
[00:27] | To thank you for everything you’ve done for me. | 感谢你为我做的一切 |
[00:29] | I made to vow to God | 我向上帝发誓 |
[00:30] | that if he let Conchita live I would give up painting. | 如果他让康琪塔活下来 我就放弃画画 |
[00:33] | God knew I could never keep my promise. | 上帝知道我不会遵守诺言 |
[00:35] | So, he punished me. He took her. | 所以他为了惩罚我 把她带走了 |
[00:39] | The roses are exquisite, Hervé. | 玫瑰真漂亮 埃尔维 |
[00:41] | Thank you, Monsieur. | 谢谢 先生 |
[00:43] | There are thorns. Be careful. | 有刺 小心 |
[00:45] | Never. | 绝不 |
[00:46] | Who is this woman, Pablo? | 这个女人是谁 巴勃罗 |
[00:47] | I am Dora Maar. And you must be Marie-Thérèse. | 我叫多拉·玛尔 您肯定就是玛丽·德瑞丝了 |
[00:51] | I will never be bored by you. | 你永远不会让我无聊 |
[00:55] | My name is Carles Casagemas. | 我叫卡雷斯·卡萨吉玛斯 |
[00:57] | What is yours? | 你叫什么名字 |
[01:00] | Picasso. | 毕加索 |
[01:01] | Picasso and I, we are the future. | 我和毕加索 我们才是未来的希望 |
[01:03] | I don’t understand you, Francoise. | 我不理解 弗朗索瓦丝 |
[01:05] | I want to be a painter. | 我想当画家 |
[01:06] | You will become a lawyer. | 你会当名律师 |
[01:07] | Do I make myself clear? | 你明白了吗 |
[01:08] | Franco and his fanatics are winning the war. | 佛朗哥和他的狂热追随者要取胜了 |
[01:11] | Franco has Hitler and the Nazis on his side, Pablo. | 佛朗哥有希特勒和纳粹的支持 巴勃罗 |
[01:14] | We need you on ours. | 我们需要你的支持 |
[01:16] | I know you didn’t want | 我知道你不情愿 |
[01:18] | to make a painting for the Spanish Pavilion, | 为西班牙展馆作画 |
[01:20] | but now you must. | 但你必须画 |
[01:22] | I am going to need a very big canvas. | 我需要一副非常大的画布 |
[01:25] | I’m getting my family to safety. | 我要将家人送到安全的地方 |
[01:27] | Guernica made the Nazis very angry. | 《格尔尼卡》激怒了他们 巴勃罗 |
[01:30] | You have children. Women you love. | 你有孩子 有爱人 |
[01:33] | Some things are more important than art. | 有些东西比艺术更重要 |
[01:36] | Not to me. | 于我而言 并非如此 |
[02:55] | Francoise? | 弗朗索瓦丝 |
[02:56] | Momma? | 妈妈 |
[02:57] | The Germans have crossed the border. | 德国人越过了边境 |
[02:58] | We must hurry. | 我们得赶紧 |
[02:59] | Your father is waiting for us at the harbor in Saint-Malo. | 你父亲在圣马洛的港口等我们 |
[03:15] | Papa! | 爸爸 |
[03:17] | Francoise. Madeleine. | 弗朗索瓦丝 玛德莱娜 |
[03:19] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[03:23] | Where are they all going? | 他们都要去哪儿 |
[03:24] | The Germans have closed the harbor. | 德国人关闭了港口 |
[03:25] | So we could’ve been in England days ago? | 我们本可能在几天前就到英国了 |
[03:28] | But no, you insisted Francoise take this stupid exam, | 但是你坚持让弗朗索瓦丝参加这个愚蠢的考试 |
[03:31] | and now we’re prisoners? | 现在我们就成了囚徒 |
[03:32] | We are not prisoners. We are French citizens. | 我们不是囚徒 我们是法国公民 |
[03:35] | Yes. With Nazi monsters. | 我们是纳粹的囚徒 |
[04:07] | That was Hervé, calling from Tremblay. | 是埃尔维 他从特朗布莱打来的 |
[04:11] | German troops have commandeered the house. | 德国军队占领了他的房子 |
[04:12] | Bastards. | 混账 |
[04:14] | They think they can just take whatever they want. | 他们以为他们可以为所欲为 |
[04:16] | They do have guns and tanks. | 他们有枪和坦克 |
[04:19] | And it could have been much worse. | 事情本可能更糟糕 |
[04:22] | Maya and Marie-Thérèse could have been there. | 玛雅与玛丽·德瑞丝本来可能在哪里 |
[04:31] | Get the car. | 把车开出来 |
[04:32] | Pablo, it’s 300 miles. | 巴勃罗 距离有500公里呢 |
[04:34] | Then we better get on the road. | 那我们最好早点出发 |
[04:35] | And what are you going to do when we get there? | 到了那儿你想干什么 |
[04:38] | Ask the Nazis politely to give you back your house. | 彬彬有礼地问纳粹要回你的房子 |
[04:40] | I don’t care about the house. | 我不关心房子 |
[04:42] | Then what? | 那做什么 |
[04:43] | We are gonna steal my art. | 我们要偷回我的作品 |
[05:17] | Put as much as you can in the car. | 把尽可能多的作品放进车里 |
[05:19] | The rest in Hervé’s truck. | 剩下的放进埃尔维的卡车里 |
[05:21] | Hurry! | 赶快 |
[05:33] | You should’ve seen it, my love. | 你真应该看看当时的场景 亲爱的 |
[05:34] | We were a band of gypsies, picking the Nazis clean. | 我们好似一群吉卜赛人 把纳粹偷了个精光 |
[05:37] | What if you’d been caught? | 要是你们被抓了会怎么样 |
[05:39] | Oh, impossible. | 那是不可能的 |
[05:40] | No, my African masks protect me against all evil spirits. | 不 我的非洲面具从所有恶灵中保护了我 |
[05:44] | This isn’t a joke, Pablo. | 这不是玩笑 巴勃罗 |
[05:46] | They might have killed you. | 他们可能会杀了你的 |
[05:47] | But they didn’t. Did they? | 但是他们没有 不是吗 |
[06:02] | So you saved your paintings? | 所以你救了你的画作 |
[06:05] | Now, we should go. | 现在 我们该走了 |
[06:07] | Go? Where? | 走 去哪儿 |
[06:10] | To America. It’s too dangerous here. | 去美国 这里太危险了 |
[06:27] | So, when the fascists were far away | 所以 当法西斯离西班牙 |
[06:32] | in Spain, | 很远的时候 |
[06:33] | y-you wanted to fight them. | 你愿意和他们斗争 |
[06:36] | You wanted me to paint Guernica. | 你想让我画《格尔尼卡》 |
[06:40] | And now that they are on our doorstep, | 现在 他们近在眼前 |
[06:41] | y-y-you just want to run away? | 你就想逃跑 |
[07:09] | Take it. | 拿着 |
[07:15] | Go on. | 来吧 |
[07:18] | Play that game you played the night we first met. | 让我们玩我们初遇的那个晚上玩过的那个游戏 |
[07:22] | Spread your fingers apart and drive the blade between them. | 展开你的手 把刀插进指间 |
[07:25] | Pablo, please… | 巴勃罗 请不要 |
[07:26] | Even when you missed and drew blood, you didn’t flinch. | 即便你瞄不准伤到了手 你都没有退缩 |
[07:30] | I was drunk. | 我当时喝醉了 |
[07:31] | You were fearless. | 你当时毫无畏惧 |
[07:39] | You do what you want. | 你想做什么都可以 |
[07:42] | But I am going back to Paris. | 但是我要回巴黎 |
[08:30] | Come with me, Carles. | 跟我来 卡雷斯 |
[08:32] | Show Manach some of your work. | 给曼纳科看看你的作品 |
[08:34] | Nonell says he has a soft spot for Spaniards. | 诺内尔说西班牙人是他的软肋 |
[08:38] | Well, you be the picador. | 你会成为斗牛士 |
[08:39] | Soften up the bull. | 令公牛屈服 |
[08:41] | And when you’ve weakened him, I’ll come in for the kill. | 而在你令它屈服的时候 我会趁机干掉它 |
[08:45] | I will get it. | 灵感会来的 |
[08:46] | You’re onto something, and clearly I am not. | 你已经有想法了 显然我什么都想不到 |
[08:55] | I’m looking for Pablo. | 我要找巴勃罗 |
[08:57] | You must be Pallarés. | 你肯定就就是帕亚雷斯吧 |
[08:58] | I see you’ve found our tailor. | 看来你找到我们的裁缝了 |
[09:00] | Manuel, I’m so glad you’re finally here. | 曼努埃尔 很高兴你终于来了 |
[09:03] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[09:04] | You were supposed to meet me at the station? | 你本该和我在车站汇合的 |
[09:07] | I lost track of the time. | 我忘记了时间 |
[09:09] | I can see why. | 看出来了 |
[09:11] | Pallarés, say hello to Odette. | 帕亚雷斯 来见见奥黛特 |
[09:15] | Enchanté . | 你好 |
[09:18] | Antoinette? | 安托瓦妮特 |
[09:20] | Lovely to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[09:23] | And Germaine. | 还有杰曼 |
[09:26] | We’ll make coffee. | 我们去弄点咖啡 |
[09:30] | Friends of Nonell’s. | 她们都是诺内尔的朋友 |
[09:32] | They were here when we arrived. | 我们到的时候 她们已经在这里 |
[09:33] | We didn’t think it was polite to ask them to leave. | 我们觉得叫她们走很不礼貌 |
[09:36] | No, of course not. | 当然不礼貌了 |
[09:38] | Since Pablo prefers Odette, | 既然巴勃罗更喜欢奥黛特 |
[09:40] | I’ll have to satisfy the other two. | 我只能满足于另外两人 |
[09:42] | But I suppose I could find it in my heart to | 但我想我心里也能接受 |
[09:46] | lend you Antoinette. | 把安托瓦妮特借给你 |
[09:51] | Is he serious? | 他说真的吗 |
[09:53] | Welcome to Paris. | 欢迎来到巴黎 |
[10:00] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[10:04] | Spanish painters are as common as mud in Paris these days. | 现在巴黎的西班牙画家遍地都是 |
[10:09] | Very well, then. | 那好吧 |
[10:11] | I will find someone who likes the common touch. | 我会去找一个平易近人的人 |
[10:16] | I’ll take three on consignment. | 我会拿三幅去寄售 |
[10:18] | See what I can do. | 我会尽力而为 |
[10:20] | No promises. | 但不能打包票 |
[10:23] | I’ll give you 100 francs. | 我付你一百法郎 |
[10:25] | For all three of them. | 买下这三张画 |
[10:29] | I don’t know, Berte. | 我不知道 贝尔塔 |
[10:31] | Young Spaniards are all the rage these days. | 现在年轻的西班牙人都很义愤填膺 |
[10:35] | If you had another buyer, you would not have come to me. | 如果你有别的买家 你就不会来找我了 |
[10:40] | Now tell me, what is he like? | 告诉我 他长什么样 |
[10:42] | This, Picasso. | 这个毕加索 |
[10:45] | Small. Intense. | 个子不高 难打交道 |
[10:49] | And exclusive to me, in case you’re wondering. | 如果你想知道的话 他是我的人 |
[10:54] | It wasn’t easy. | 画并不容易卖 |
[10:56] | But I managed to sell all three. | 但是我成功地把三幅画都卖掉了 |
[11:02] | Quite an achievement. | 真是了不起 |
[11:04] | Considering Spaniards are as common as mud. | 鉴于西班牙人遍地都是 |
[11:07] | After my expenses and commission, | 扣除我的开销和佣金 |
[11:09] | you’ve earned yourself 50 francs. | 你自己赚了五十法郎 |
[11:12] | Or, | 或者 |
[11:13] | I could give you 150 francs every month. | 每个月我都可以给你150法郎 |
[11:18] | In return, I own everything you produce. | 作为交换 你所有的作品都归我所有 |
[11:26] | Everything? | 所有的吗 |
[11:27] | You keep the stipend whether I sell the work or not. | 不管我能否卖出那些作品 薪水都照付给你 |
[11:29] | The risk is entirely mine. | 我来承担全部的风险 |
[11:32] | This is the way the art business is conducted in Paris, Picasso. | 巴黎的艺术品买卖方式就是这样 毕加索 |
[11:37] | Ask around, it’s more than fair. | 周围去打听一下 这是再公平不过的交易了 |
[11:46] | Can you pay in advance? | 你能提前支付薪水吗 |
[11:54] | To Picasso! | 敬毕加索 |
[11:56] | – To Picasso! – Picasso. | -敬毕加索 -敬毕加索 |
[12:02] | Let’s dance. | 我们来跳舞吧 |
[12:16] | I am in love with Germaine. | 我爱上杰曼了 |
[12:19] | You’re drunk. | 你喝醉了 |
[12:20] | True. But I’m also quite serious. | 没错 但是我很认真 |
[12:22] | I can’t paint, I can’t sleep. | 我画不了画 睡不着觉 |
[12:26] | I want to marry her. | 我想要娶她 |
[12:28] | Carles, we are not in Spain anymore. | 卡雷斯 我们现在不在西班牙了 |
[12:32] | You don’t have to marry a woman or pay her to get her to… | 你不需要去一个女人或者付钱让她 |
[12:35] | I haven’t, gotten her to, | 我没有 让她 |
[12:44] | I know, I know, I’ve-I’ve boasted, | 我知道 我知道 我吹嘘过 |
[12:46] | but the studio’s always so crowded. | 但工作室总是人满为患 |
[12:49] | W-We’re never alone. | 我们从来没有清净过 |
[12:51] | There’s no one at the studio now. | 现在工作室没有人 |
[13:05] | I can’t wait anymore. | 我等不了了 |
[13:08] | I can’t. | 我等不了了 |
[13:11] | I… | 我 |
[13:12] | I’ll help you, okay. | 我来帮你 |
[13:16] | I, I, I, I, I mean, | 我是说 |
[13:22] | I, I, I can’t. | 我不能 |
[13:43] | Carles… | 卡雷斯 |
[13:44] | I’m sorry… | 很抱歉 |
[15:03] | It’s so alive. | 它太鲜活了 |
[15:05] | I can almost smell the smoke, and the perfume. | 我几乎可以闻到烟味 和香水味 |
[15:09] | Didn’t I tell you, Arthur? | 我没跟你说过吗 亚瑟 |
[15:11] | He is one of the most exciting young artists | 他是如今在巴黎工作的 |
[15:13] | working in Paris today. | 最激动任性的年轻画家之一 |
[15:17] | How much? | 要多少 |
[15:18] | 250 250. | |
[15:22] | Arthur Huc is one of the most influential collectors in Paris, | 亚瑟·赫克是巴黎最有影响力的收藏家之一 |
[15:26] | and he thought your painting could have been a Degas or Lautrec. | 他以为你的画是德加的或者劳特雷克的 |
[15:29] | You’re getting noticed. | 有人注意到你了 |
[15:30] | Yes. | 对 |
[15:32] | For copying the styles of other painters. | 因为我照搬其他画家的风格 |
[15:36] | It’s what sells and I need more. | 那才热销 而我需要更多 |
[15:38] | Don’t be so gloomy, Pablo. | 不要这么不高兴 巴勃罗 |
[15:40] | You’re going to be famous. | 你要出名了 |
[15:46] | What about Casagemas? | 卡萨吉玛斯呢 |
[15:47] | Have you seen his watercolor of Germaine? | 你见过他为杰曼做的水彩画吗 |
[15:51] | It’s-It’s, | 它 |
[15:52] | Show him, Carles. | 给他看看 卡雷斯 |
[15:53] | I’m sure it’s charming, | 我肯定它很有魅力 |
[15:54] | but I need more paintings from you, Pablo. | 但我需要更多你的画 巴勃罗 |
[16:00] | Work up some more dancehall scenes. | 再画几张舞池场景 |
[16:11] | I see you’re an admirer of Matisse. | 我发现你是马蒂斯的崇拜者 |
[16:14] | You think it’s derivative. | 你觉得这是派生的 |
[16:20] | Maybe my father was right. | 或许我父亲是对的 |
[16:23] | About what? | 什么对了 |
[16:24] | He wants me to be a lawyer. | 他想让我当个律师 |
[16:30] | What’s the point of that if there’s no law in the world anymore? | 如果世界上都没有了法律还有什么意义呢 |
[16:36] | Well, I can teach you what I know. | 我可以把倾囊相授 |
[16:45] | The first thing is, | 首先 |
[16:47] | there is no shame in being derivative | 如果你刚入门 |
[16:49] | when you’re starting out. | 派生的画风没什么好羞耻的 |
[16:52] | Your friend Matisse is the best. | 你的朋友马蒂斯是最棒的 |
[16:55] | For color. | 在色彩上 |
[16:57] | But if you want to learn how to draw line, | 但如果你想要学习画线条 |
[17:00] | you must study Picasso. | 那你就必须学毕加索 |
[17:03] | Sabartés, I thought you were going to find me some bronze | 萨巴特 我以为你会为我的雕像 |
[17:06] | for my sculptures. | 弄一些青铜来 |
[17:08] | It seems the Nazis have | 纳粹显然充公了所有的青铜 |
[17:11] | confiscated it all to make their shiny bullets. | 来打造闪亮的子弹 |
[17:14] | So, I suppose you couldn’t find me any cadmium red either. | 所以我觉得你也找不到镉红了 |
[17:18] | ‘Cause they need it to paint swastikas. | 因为他们要用它来十字标志 |
[17:21] | No one forced you to stay in Paris. | 没有人逼你留在巴黎 |
[17:24] | I would go back to Spain if that fascist pig wasn’t in charge. | 要不是那个法西斯猪执政我早就回西班牙了 |
[17:31] | To see Pallarés in Horta. | 去奥尔塔看帕亚雷斯 |
[17:33] | That was the last time in my life | 那是我生命中最后一次 |
[17:36] | I felt truly free. | 感受到真正的自由 |
[17:54] | Good evening. Is Herr Picasso at home? | 晚上好 毕加索先生在家吗 |
[18:04] | You be careful with that. | 你可小心点 |
[18:07] | Is Herr Rosenberg staying here? | 罗森伯格先生在这里吗 |
[18:10] | No. | 不在 |
[18:10] | Herr Goldstein, perhaps? | 那戈尔茨坦先生呢 |
[18:14] | I told you last time. | 我上一次就说了 |
[18:15] | And the time before. | 还有之前那次 |
[18:18] | Here there is only Picasso. | 这里就只有毕加索 |
[18:23] | So then, you did this? | 那么 这是你做的 |
[18:29] | No. You did. | 不 是你 |
[18:35] | You know what, Picasso, | 听着 毕加索 |
[18:37] | we have been very gracious to you. | 我们一直都对你很仁慈 |
[18:40] | But we could take away everything in this room. | 但是我们也可以拿走这房间里的所有东西 |
[18:43] | And everyone. | 和人 |
[18:47] | I am told your General Muller is an admirer of mine. | 听说你的将军穆勒是我的崇拜者 |
[18:59] | Go ahead. Take me. | 随你 带我走吧 |
[19:05] | You see what happens when he finds out | 看看当他发现你拘留了 |
[19:08] | you arrested the most famous artist in the world. | 世界上最有名的艺术家时会怎么做 |
[19:13] | Perhaps it is you who will disappear. | 可能消失的人就会是你 |
[19:26] | Until next time, Herr Picasso. | 下次见了 毕加索先生 |
[19:49] | It’s lovely. | 很好看 |
[19:50] | It’s not as lovely as you. | 不如你好看 |
[19:52] | You’re so silly. | 别傻了 |
[19:53] | Why? Because I’m in love with you. | 为什么 因为我爱你爱得无法自拔 |
[19:56] | Then I happily declare | 那我要高兴地宣布 |
[19:58] | I am the silliest man in all of Paris! | 我是整个巴黎最傻的人 |
[20:02] | Carles, don’t! | 卡雷斯 别这样 |
[20:04] | – I’m going to buy you that necklace. – With what? | -我要为你买下那条项链 -用什么 |
[20:07] | You haven’t got a single centime to your name. | 你可是身无分文呢 |
[20:08] | I’ll sell my paintings. | 卖掉我的画 |
[20:10] | The clothes off my back. | 和我身上的衣服 |
[20:13] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[20:14] | Germaine, Germaine, wait, wait. Wait. | 杰曼 杰曼 等等 等等 |
[20:16] | I thought we were spending the day together. | 我以为今天我们要一起过呢 |
[20:19] | I’m meeting someone. | 我要见个人 |
[20:22] | Who? | 谁 |
[20:24] | – Carles, you’re very sweet… – Who? | -卡雷斯 你很贴心… -谁 |
[20:26] | But I don’t answer to you. | 但是我不会对你言听计从的 |
[20:33] | I’m worried about you. | 我很担心你 |
[20:35] | When was the last time you picked up a brush? | 你上次拿起画笔是什么时候 |
[20:38] | I can’t paint. | 我无法画画 |
[20:39] | Not until I know Germaine is mine. | 除非我确定杰曼属于我 |
[20:45] | Lend me some money, Pablo. | 借我点钱吧 巴勃罗 |
[20:48] | – For what? – There is a necklace that she admired. | -做什么用 -有一条她很喜欢的项链 |
[20:52] | – Carles. – Please, Pablo, please. Please. | -卡雷斯 -拜托 巴勃罗 拜托拜托 |
[20:54] | – Carles. – Pablo, please. | -卡雷斯 -巴勃罗 拜托 |
[21:12] | Buy some paints instead. | 去买些颜料吧 |
[21:17] | Thank you. I will pay you back. I will. | 谢谢你 我会还你的 我会的 |
[21:26] | Trust me, Madam. | 相信我 女士 |
[21:28] | Picasso here is the most exciting young painter in Paris. | 毕加索是巴黎最令人惊喜的年轻画家 |
[21:31] | A portrait by him will make you the envy of your friends. | 他所画的画像会令您成为朋友欣羡的对象 |
[21:35] | Can he paint me in the style of Renoir? | 他能用雷诺阿风格来画我吗 |
[21:38] | Picasso can paint in any style you want. | 毕加索能用任何你想要的风格画画 |
[21:41] | Renoir, Lautrec, Degas… | 雷诺阿 罗特列克 德加… |
[21:44] | Very well then. | 很好 |
[21:45] | As long as he makes me look pretty. | 只要他让我看起来是美丽的 |
[21:54] | I am sorry, Madam. | 抱歉 女士 |
[21:56] | But I’m not nearly talented enough to do that. | 我还没有足够的天分做到这一点 |
[22:02] | Pablo! | 巴勃罗 |
[22:11] | Pablo! Pablo! | 巴勃罗 巴勃罗 |
[22:17] | – Empty your pockets. – What? | -掏空你的口袋 -什么 |
[22:19] | How much do you have left of your stipend | 在被你那帮酒肉朋友 |
[22:22] | after feeding and housing | 吃拿卡要之后 |
[22:23] | all those bloodsucking friends of yours? | 你还剩下多少钱 |
[22:29] | I didn’t come to Paris to paint dancehall scenes. | 我来巴黎不是来画舞厅宴会的 |
[22:33] | And fat cows in the style of Renoir. | 也不是来给肥母牛画印象派肖像画的 |
[22:35] | You need to eat. | 但人总要吃饭 |
[22:37] | And to eat, you need to paint a few cows. | 而为了吃上饭 你必须画几头母牛 |
[22:48] | Hey, save some for the rest of us. | 留点给我们 |
[22:56] | Behold, the incomparable Casagemas. | 下面有请 无与伦比的卡萨吉玛斯 |
[22:59] | Carles… | 卡雷斯 |
[23:01] | Carles | 卡雷斯 |
[23:02] | I bought you something. | 我给你买了件东西 |
[23:03] | I heard a rumor about you, Carles. | 我听别人说 卡雷斯 |
[23:07] | That you put your brush down and now you cannot pick it up again. | 你放下画笔后就再也拿不起来了 |
[23:15] | Well, go ahead. Open it. | 快打开看看 |
[23:17] | I can’t accept this, Carles. | 我不能接受它 卡雷斯 |
[23:18] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[23:20] | Because I’m not in love with you. | 因为我并不爱你 |
[23:24] | I can change your mind. | 我能改变你的想法 |
[23:26] | No, you can’t. | 不 你改不了 |
[23:27] | Carles. | 卡雷斯 |
[23:28] | – Yes… – Carles, relax. Have a drink. | -我能的 -卡雷斯 放松 来喝一杯 |
[23:30] | It’s the necklace you admired. | 这是你看上的项链 |
[23:33] | Please just let me put it on you. | 让我给你戴上吧 |
[23:34] | No, Carles. | 不行 卡雷斯 |
[23:35] | – No, no. – Please. Why? Why not? | -不行 -求你了 为什么 |
[23:36] | Because you cannot satisfy me. | 因为你满足不了我 |
[23:47] | I’m sorry, Carles. | 对不起 卡雷斯 |
[23:53] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[24:04] | Carles, wait. | 等等 卡雷斯 |
[24:07] | Carles, wait! | 等等我 |
[25:07] | Do you know where I can find something a little stronger? | 你知道哪里有更刺激的东西 |
[25:40] | I heard a rumor about you, Carles, put your brush down, | 我听别人说 卡雷斯 你放下画笔后 |
[25:45] | and now you cannot pick it up again. | 就再也拿不起来了 |
[25:48] | I’m not in love with you. | 我不爱你 |
[25:49] | Because you cannot satisfy me. | 因为你满足不了我 |
[27:01] | Do I actually disgust you that much? | 我就这么让你讨厌吗 |
[27:25] | You should have forgotten about me, Pablo. | 你不应该管我的 巴勃罗 |
[27:28] | You need a warm bath and a strong pot of coffee. | 你需要洗个热水澡 再来壶咖啡 |
[27:30] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[27:31] | You think that’s going to fix me? | 你以为这就会让我好起来吗 |
[27:33] | Carles. | 卡雷斯 |
[27:34] | I can’t pay you what I owe. | 我还不上欠你的债 |
[27:36] | Forget it. | 那没什么 |
[27:37] | I can’t paint. | 我画不来画了 |
[27:41] | I-I can’t satisfy the woman I love. | 我不能满足心爱的女人 |
[27:53] | What am I going to do, Pablo? | 我该怎么办 巴勃罗 |
[27:57] | What am I going to do? | 我到底该怎么办 |
[28:04] | He’ll be fine once he sobers up. | 他醒完酒就没事了 |
[28:06] | He can’t stay here. | 他不能再呆在这里了 |
[28:08] | He won’t survive it. | 他快活不下去了 |
[28:09] | So? Cable his parents. | 给他爹妈发封电报就行了 |
[28:10] | They will put him on a train. | 他们会让他坐火车回去的 |
[28:12] | Look at him, Manuel. He can’t travel by himself. | 看看他 曼努埃尔 他没法一个人上路 |
[28:17] | You can’t leave now. | 你现在不能离开 |
[28:18] | Not when you’re having so much success. | 你才刚闯出些名堂 |
[28:21] | Painting portraits of society ladies. | 不过是为名媛画画肖像 |
[28:23] | Imitating other artists. | 模仿一下其他画家 |
[28:24] | So? Do something different. | 怎么了 那你画点不一样的呗 |
[28:26] | It’s not that simple! | 没那么简单 |
[28:26] | It is! Remember Horta? | 那很简单 记得荷尔达吗 |
[28:30] | You weren’t just copying some fancy French painters. | 在那里你可没照搬什么法国名画 |
[28:32] | Because I’d never seen any. | 因为我一幅都没看过 |
[28:33] | Exactly. So you were painting what you saw. | 没错 那时你所画的不是亲眼所见 |
[28:35] | And what you felt. | 就是你的亲身体会 |
[28:37] | So go back to doing that. Something original. | 回到那时的状态 画些原创的画 |
[28:39] | I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[28:48] | I don’t know if I can. | 我不知道我行不行 |
[29:00] | So are you leaving now to help Casagemas? | 那你现在离开是为了帮卡萨吉玛斯吗 |
[29:03] | Or are you leaving because you are afraid | 还是因为你怕自己 |
[29:05] | that you can’t paint your perfect painting? | 画不出完美之作 |
[29:20] | I need to finish packing. | 我要把包打完 |
[29:28] | At least you’ll finish something. | 至少你能完成某件事 |
[29:42] | 马拉加 西班牙 1901年元旦 | |
[29:44] | Tell us about Paris, Pablito. | 给我们说说巴黎 帕伯利托 |
[29:47] | It must have been so exciting. | 一定很令人兴奋 |
[29:49] | A feast for the eyes, auntie. | 简直是视觉盛宴啊 婶婶 |
[29:51] | You were a great success, I suppose? | 你一定很有成就吧 |
[29:55] | I sold quite a few paintings. | 我卖了不少画 |
[29:57] | How wonderful. | 真棒 |
[30:01] | Look who has come, Salvador. | 瞧谁来了 萨尔瓦多 |
[30:02] | All the way from Paris. | 从巴黎远道而来的客人 |
[30:04] | Happy New Year, Uncle. Ah. | 新年快乐 叔叔 |
[30:08] | This is my friend, Carles Casagemas. | 这是我朋友 卡雷斯·卡萨吉玛斯 |
[30:10] | He’s also a painter. | 他也是画家 |
[30:12] | It’s an honor, señor. | 很荣幸 先生 |
[30:14] | After the-the noise and glare of Paris, | 经历了喧闹光鲜的巴黎 |
[30:16] | we thought a few weeks by the sea could do us some good. | 我们觉得在海边待几周可能有好处 |
[30:22] | If you’re going to stay in my house, | 要是你想住在我家里 |
[30:25] | you’re going to need a haircut. | 你们得去理发 |
[30:28] | And a shave. | 还得剃胡子 |
[30:29] | Of course, Uncle. | 好的 叔叔 |
[30:30] | But, after paying for the journey, | 不过 支付了旅行费用后 |
[30:35] | we’re a little short of funds. | 我们手头有些紧 |
[30:53] | Buy yourself a respectable suit as well. | 给自己买一身得体的衣服吧 |
[31:00] | Charming fellow, your uncle. | 你叔叔真有魅力 |
[31:02] | To hell with him. And the barber. | 让他见鬼去吧 还有理发师 |
[31:05] | I like our hair the way it is. | 我就喜欢我们现在的头发 |
[31:09] | So, what are we going to do with all that money? | 那我们要用那些钱干什么呢 |
[31:13] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[31:17] | I need you to take special care of my friend. | 我要你给我朋友提供特殊照顾 |
[31:20] | He’s just had his heart broken. | 他刚被人伤了心 |
[31:29] | Whoever she is, I’ll make you forget her. | 不管她是谁 我都会让你忘了她 |
[31:51] | Don’t, don’t… | 别 别 |
[31:57] | don’t waste your time. | 别浪费时间了 |
[32:06] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[32:07] | Well, you were right, my friend. | 你说得没错 我的朋友 |
[32:09] | Much more enjoyable than a haircut. | 这比理发可愉悦多了 |
[32:14] | 纳粹占领了巴黎 1943年 | |
[32:15] | Show your ration card! | 出示你的配给卡 |
[32:18] | Only one loaf, today! | 今天只有一条面包 |
[32:21] | So what would you like for dinner tonight? | 今晚想吃什么 |
[32:23] | Maybe some cheese with some soup. | 来点奶酪配汤如何 |
[32:27] | What is it, darling? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[32:33] | Come on. Come on, Cherie. | 走吧 走吧 亲爱的 |
[32:58] | Well, that should be enough coal to last | 这些煤应该足够 |
[33:00] | until the end of the week. | 撑到下周了 |
[33:02] | I’m sorry I couldn’t come sooner. But with the curfew and… | 抱歉我没能早点来 但有宵禁而且… |
[33:05] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[33:07] | We’ve just missed you. | 我们只是想你了 |
[33:08] | Haven’t we, Maya? | 对吧 玛雅 |
[33:10] | And for you, princesa, | 这个给你 小公主 |
[33:17] | a special treat. | 特别礼物 |
[33:22] | Pablo. She, | 巴勃罗 她 |
[33:29] | she saw two dead resistance fighters today. | 她今天看见两个死了的抵抗战士 |
[33:32] | Hanging from ropes. | 吊在绳子上 |
[33:37] | You have a pair of scissors? | 你有剪刀吗 |
[33:41] | Uh, yes. | 有 |
[33:46] | You did it! | 你做到了 |
[33:49] | Look. Pretty. Isn’t she? | 看 她是不是很漂亮 |
[33:53] | you should meet her friends. | 你应该见见她的朋友 |
[33:57] | Take it. | 拿着 |
[34:00] | Eat your apple. | 把苹果吃了吧 |
[34:06] | Stay the night. | 在这过夜吧 |
[34:07] | No, I can’t. | 不行 |
[34:09] | Because you are going to see her. | 因为你要去见她 |
[34:10] | Because I must work. | 因为我必须要工作 |
[34:13] | The Nazis won’t even let you show your art. | 纳粹是不会让你展示你的作品的 |
[34:15] | I know but, uh, they cannot stop me from making it. | 我知道 但是 他们阻止不了我的创作 |
[34:21] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[34:40] | Well hello, little paloma. | 你好 小鸽子 |
[34:45] | Have you come to visit me? | 你是来看我的吗 |
[35:07] | There is fighting in the street. | 街上有人打仗 |
[35:09] | I was nearly killed by a stray bullet. | 我差点被流弹害了命 |
[35:11] | Topics such as this no longer matter. | 这类的话题已经不重要了 |
[35:13] | You promised me. | 你答应过我 |
[35:15] | But you know very well I have tried everything. | 但你也很清楚我已经尽全力了 |
[35:17] | Oh, you could petition the courts again. | 你又可以向法院请愿了 |
[35:19] | You are an important man. | 你是个重要的人 |
[35:21] | I’m also an old man. | 我也是个老头了 |
[35:23] | What would be the point of marrying you now? | 现在娶你有什么意义 |
[35:26] | Maya is eight years old. | 玛雅八岁了 |
[35:28] | She wants to know why her papa doesn’t eat with us… | 她想知道为什么她爸爸不跟我们一起吃饭 |
[35:29] | Sorry, mademoiselle, but he is not, | 抱歉 小姐 但是他不 |
[35:32] | mademoiselle, you cannot… | 小姐 你不能 |
[35:38] | Why is she here? Get out. | 她怎么来了 出去 |
[35:39] | Mademoiselles, please. | 小姐 请 |
[35:41] | Why is she here, Pablo? | 她为什么在这 巴勃罗 |
[35:43] | Dora, | 多拉 |
[35:47] | you know very well… | 你很清楚 |
[35:49] | that Marie-Therese | 玛丽·德瑞丝 |
[35:53] | is the only woman I love. | 是我唯一爱的女人 |
[36:08] | Pablo… | 巴勃罗 |
[36:15] | You heard Pablo. | 你听见他说的了 |
[36:19] | You may leave now. | 你可以离开了 |
[36:26] | Pablo… | 巴勃罗 |
[36:31] | Go. I will you take home. | 走吧 我送你回家 |
[37:00] | I knew you’d choose me. | 我就知道你会选我 |
[37:17] | You can go, too. | 你也可以走了 |
[37:19] | But… | 但是 |
[37:21] | Yeah, I need to be alone, now. | 我现在需要一个人静静 |
[37:46] | So, you are finished with Dora. | 你跟多拉结束了 |
[37:50] | Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[37:53] | And Marie-Therese? | 玛丽·德瑞丝呢 |
[37:56] | I love Marie-Therese. | 我爱玛丽·德瑞丝 |
[38:01] | She’s, | 她 |
[38:04] | kind and soft and she does everything I want her to. | 善良 温润 对我言听计从 |
[38:14] | And I love Dora because she’s, | 我爱多拉是因为她 |
[38:18] | brilliant… | 才华横溢 |
[38:20] | Talented. | 天赋异禀 |
[38:24] | And yet you treat them so cruelly. | 可你对她们如此残酷 |
[38:33] | I can’t remember the last time | 我记不得上一次 |
[38:35] | either of them made me want to pick up a brush. | 她们让我有想要拿起画笔的冲动是什么时候了 |
[38:42] | Or the last time I made a picture worth looking at. | 或者上一次我画出值得一看的画是什么时候了 |
[38:52] | I need something new. | 我需要新鲜的事物 |
[39:01] | 西班牙 马拉加 1901年 | |
[39:04] | Ole! Ole! | 加油 加油 |
[39:15] | he’s all right. He’s not hurt. | 他没事 他没受伤 |
[39:18] | My father had a friend who used to say, | 我父亲有个朋友以前总说 |
[39:21] | it was every Spanish man’s paradise. | 那是每个西班牙男人的天堂 |
[39:23] | Bullfight in the morning. | 早晨看斗牛 |
[39:25] | Bar in the afternoon. | 下午泡酒吧 |
[39:27] | Whorehouse at night. | 晚上逛妓院 |
[39:30] | Wise man, your father’s friends. | 你父亲的朋友们 真是聪明人啊 |
[39:34] | After he took me here the first time, I painted. | 第一次他带我来这里后 我就画了幅画 |
[39:38] | All in reds and golds. | 全是红色和金色的 |
[39:42] | It was a terrible picture. | 画得很烂 |
[39:45] | But my mother, | 但我母亲 |
[39:47] | she thought it was a masterpiece. | 她觉得那简直是杰作 |
[39:51] | But you haven’t painted anything since we arrived in Málaga. | 但我们到马拉加后你再也没画过 |
[39:58] | I’d rather make trouble with you. | 我宁愿和你一起惹是生非 |
[40:00] | ‘Cause you’re trying to help me forget about Germaine, | 因为你想帮我忘记杰曼 |
[40:02] | or because you’re avoiding work? | 还是因为你在逃避工作 |
[40:14] | Well, it’s time for you to pick up a brush. | 你是时候重拾画笔了 |
[40:17] | And for me to go. | 我呢 也该走了 |
[40:20] | – Carles… – You’ve worked a miracle, Pablo. | -卡雷斯 -你有如妙手回春巴勃罗 |
[40:24] | I feel better than I have in months. | 我感觉比前几个月好多了 |
[40:26] | You cannot go back to Paris. | 你不能回巴黎 |
[40:27] | No, no, don’t worry. | 不会不会 别担心 |
[40:29] | I-I’m going back to Barcelona. | 我要回巴塞罗纳 |
[40:31] | To stay with my parents. | 和我父母一起 |
[41:19] | You came. | 你来了 |
[41:20] | You look well. | 你看上去很好啊 |
[41:21] | you look beautiful. | 你很漂亮 |
[41:27] | I am sorry I embarrassed you. | 我很抱歉我羞辱了你 |
[41:30] | And I really wanted to come and meet you… | 我真的很想过来见你 |
[41:32] | No, it-it doesn’t matter anymore… | 没事 这都不重要了 |
[41:32] | You must know I am with someone else now. | 你得知道我现在和别人在一起了 |
[41:36] | So we cannot be more than friends. | 所以我们只能做朋友 |
[41:38] | I hope you can understand that. | 我希望你能理解 |
[41:44] | I’m happy for you. | 我为你开心 |
[41:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[41:49] | We should get the circus together. | 我们该一起去看马戏 |
[41:52] | Have dinner, celebrate my triumphant return to Paris. | 共进晚餐 庆祝我顺利返回巴黎 |
[41:56] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[42:09] | Picasso. | 毕加索 |
[42:12] | Is that what you’re calling yourself now? | 你现在就这么自称的吗 |
[42:15] | Because you’re ashamed of your father’s name? | 因为你觉得父姓见不得人 |
[42:17] | – My name? – Of course not, Uncle. | -还是我的名字 -当然不是叔叔 |
[42:19] | And you expect me to give you money | 你还指望我给你钱 |
[42:21] | to make these obscene journals? | 去做这些淫秽刊物 |
[42:22] | It’s not obscene. And it’s not a gift. | 这不淫秽 这钱也不是馈赠 |
[42:25] | It-It’s an investment. | 这是投资 |
[42:27] | Pablo. You used to make beautiful paintings. | 巴勃罗 你以前的绘画都很美妙 |
[42:31] | And now you what? | 但你现在呢 |
[42:33] | A caricaturist? | 漫画家 |
[42:38] | Don’t squander your talent, Pablo. | 别浪费你的天赋 巴勃罗 |
[42:42] | Alain Cuny is the most talented actor alive | 阿兰·盖音是当今最有才的演员 |
[42:46] | and he just invited me to dinner. | 他刚邀请我共进晚餐 |
[42:50] | How did you manage that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[42:51] | I waited for him backstage after his matinee. | 午后场结束后我在后台等他 |
[42:54] | He thought it was very charming. | 他觉得这样很可爱 |
[42:56] | And he offered to take me to the Catalan. | 他还请我去见加泰罗尼亚人 |
[42:59] | The Catalan, Francoise! | 那个加泰罗尼亚人 弗朗索瓦丝 |
[43:01] | he probably just wants to take you to bed. | 他可能只是想睡你 |
[43:03] | I certainly hope so. | 我当然希望如此 |
[43:04] | He must be 40. He’s probably married. | 他肯定有四十了 还可能结婚了 |
[43:07] | So? He’s famous and handsome. | 又怎样 他很有名 又很帅 |
[43:10] | But I can’t go alone. | 但我不能一个人去 |
[43:12] | You must come with me. | 你得和我一起来 |
[43:13] | No. There’s too much to do here if we’re going to be ready. | 不行 我们有好多事情需要准备 |
[43:17] | The Catalan buys oysters on the black market. | 加泰罗尼亚人在黑市上买了生蚝 |
[43:20] | When was the last time you had oysters? | 你上次吃生蚝是什么时候 |
[43:23] | And champagne? | 香槟呢 |
[43:28] | She’s his mistress? | 她是他的情妇 |
[43:29] | One of them. | 情妇之一 |
[43:31] | How many does he have? | 他有多少情妇 |
[43:33] | How many women has he painted? | 他画过多少女人 |
[43:39] | To art! | 敬艺术 |
[43:40] | To art! | 敬艺术 |
[43:41] | And to love! | 敬爱 |
[43:43] | Two endeavors at which I have failed miserably. | 这两样面前我一败涂地 |
[43:47] | Oh, Carles. Don’t say that. | 卡雷斯 别这么说 |
[43:51] | Here, Germaine. | 这里 杰曼 |
[43:54] | Please. | 请 |
[43:56] | Would you read this for me, please? | 能麻烦你给我念念吗 |
[44:01] | The chief of police and your mother, | 警察局长 你的母亲 |
[44:07] | why would you… | 你为什么会 |
[44:09] | One for you… | 给你一个 |
[44:11] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[44:14] | And one for me. | 给我一个 |
[44:18] | Carles, no! | 卡雷斯 不要 |
[44:26] | It was horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[44:29] | The blood. The brains, everywhere. | 遍地都是鲜血 脑浆 |
[44:33] | It is my fault. | 这是我的错 |
[44:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[44:39] | I never should have believed him. | 我根本就不该相信他 |
[44:41] | I shouldn’t have let him leave, or I should’ve gone with him. | 我不应该让他走的 我本应该跟他一起走的 |
[44:43] | How are you supposed to know? | 你怎么会知道 |
[44:49] | God. God punished me again. | 上帝 上帝又惩罚我了 |
[44:52] | Because I wasn’t painting. | 因为我没有作画 |
[44:56] | Jesus Christ. Pablo. | 天啊 巴勃罗 |
[45:00] | Do you really believe that God is killing people | 你真的相信上帝会因为 |
[45:03] | because the great Picasso didn’t paint | 伟大的毕加索今天没有画出他的杰作 |
[45:06] | another one of his masterpieces today? | 而随便杀人吗 |
[46:25] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[46:32] | He’s coming over. | 他要来了 |
[46:38] | Do you like cherries? | 你喜欢樱桃吗 |
[46:39] | That’s very kind, Monsieur Picasso. | 你人真好 毕加索先生 |
[46:41] | Won’t you join us? | 你要加入我们吗 |
[46:42] | I-I’m afraid I can’t. | 恐怕不能 |
[46:45] | But I would very much like to meet your dinner companions. | 但我很想认识你的晚餐女伴们 |
[46:49] | Ah, well. | 好吧 |
[46:50] | Francoise is-is the intellectual. | 弗朗索瓦丝是智慧的那个 |
[46:52] | And Genevieve is the great beauty. | 吉纳维芙是绝世美人 |
[46:54] | Doesn’t she resemble a Caravaggio? | 她不正象征着卡拉瓦乔 |
[46:56] | Tell me about the intellectual one here. | 跟我说说智慧的那个 |
[46:59] | Francoise is a virtuous woman, I’m afraid. | 弗朗索瓦丝是个高尚的女人 |
[47:03] | Ah, but not for religious reasons. | 但不是为了宗教信仰 |
[47:05] | Her objections to lovemaking | 她不喜欢做爱 |
[47:06] | are based entirely on Platonic ideals. | 是基于柏拉图的理念 |
[47:10] | And how do they pass the time, | 所以她们平时喜欢干什么 |
[47:11] | your Caravaggio and your Platonic philosopher? | 你的卡拉瓦乔和柏拉图哲学家 |
[47:15] | We’re artists, actually. | 我们其实是艺术家 |
[47:19] | you certainly don’t look like any artists I have ever met. | 你跟我见过的画家完全不同 |
[47:24] | Well, for your information, | 就想让你知道 |
[47:25] | Monsieur, we’re having a joint exhibition of | 先生 我们在一家很有声望的画廊举办一个 |
[47:27] | drawings and paintings at a very well-respected gallery. | 素描和绘画的联合展出 |
[47:30] | Rue Boissy-d’Anglas. | 布瓦西-丹格拉斯街 |
[47:35] | Well, I am, I’m also an artist. | 我也是一名艺术家 |
[47:38] | Are you really? | 真的吗 |
[47:40] | You must come and visit me some time. | 你有时间一定要来看我 |
[47:44] | To see some of my work. | 看看我的一些作品 |
[48:34] | You are going to paint her, aren’t you? | 你要画她 是吧 |