英文名称:Get Low
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:21] | Morning, sir. | 早上好 先生 |
[03:22] | It’s a hard life if you can’t read. | 不识字很不方便吧 |
[03:25] | Pardon? | 您说什么 |
[03:29] | Sir, Mr. Wiley Starke has… Well, he’s passed away, sir. | 维利·斯塔克先生已经…已经去世 |
[03:35] | His funeral is tomorrow, | 明天举行葬礼 |
[03:36] | and I thought that you might want to know since… | 我觉得要通知你 因为… |
[03:38] | What got him? | 怎样死的 |
[03:42] | Just got old, sir. | 灯尽油枯 |
[07:18] | I always thought you’d go first. | 我一直以为你会先死 |
[08:06] | Don’t look so disappointed, huh? | 用不着那么失望吧 |
[08:53] | Buddy? | 是巴迪吗 |
[09:05] | What can I do for you, sir? | 有何贵干 先生 |
[09:19] | That’s all right. Come on in. | 没事 进来吧 |
[09:21] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[09:29] | What’s on your mind, sir? | 您有什么想法 |
[09:32] | About time for me to get low. | 也到我放下身段的时候了 |
[09:36] | – To get what? – Down to business. | -什么 -来谈生意 |
[09:42] | I need a funeral. | 我想举行一个葬礼 |
[09:44] | For whom? | 给谁 |
[09:46] | Me. | 我 |
[09:48] | For you? You want to buy a funeral for you? | 给你? 你想花钱给自己办葬礼吗 |
[09:51] | Am I not talking right? | 我说得不清楚吗 |
[09:52] | I’m sorry, sir. Are you sick? | 抱歉 先生 你病了吗 |
[09:54] | – Everybody dies. – All right. | -人总有一死 -好的 |
[09:57] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[09:59] | Well, sir, the church can help you get your affairs in order, | 教堂可以为你安排好一切 |
[10:04] | and arrange a service for you. | 包括告别仪式 |
[10:05] | Well, what would you say? | 那你会说些什么 |
[10:08] | About what? | 哪一方面 |
[10:09] | Me. | 关于我 |
[10:11] | A eulogy. | 悼词 |
[10:16] | I don’t know. What do you want me to say? | 我不知道 您希望我说些什么 |
[10:17] | Say what you’d say right now to my face. | 就说你现在对着我会说的话 |
[10:20] | Well, Mr. Bush, I don’t know much about you. | 布什先生 我不太了解您 |
[10:23] | I’ve heard stories, but… | 我对您有所耳闻 但… |
[10:24] | What stories? | 什么耳闻 |
[10:26] | Just stories, you know. | 只是一些传闻 |
[10:28] | People talking. | 道听途说 |
[10:29] | What kind of stories? I mean, say one. | 怎样的故事 给我讲一个 |
[10:32] | Well, sir, my mother used to say | 我母亲说过 |
[10:33] | that gossip is the devil’s radio. | 谣言是魔鬼的电台 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:798个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:87个,六级词汇:32个,GRE词汇:37个,托福词汇:53个,考研词汇:87个,专四词汇:71个,专八词汇:11个, 所有生词标注共:158个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[10:37] | What matters is that when you come to the end of your life, | 最重要的是 当你的生命旅程走到尽头 |
[10:42] | that you’re ready for the next one. | 你已准备好开始下一段旅程 |
[10:46] | Now, have you made peace with God, sir? | 现在 你与上帝和解了吗 |
[10:55] | I paid. | 我付出了代价 |
[10:56] | Well, Mr. Bush, you can’t buy forgiveness. | 布什先生 宽恕是买不来的 |
[11:00] | It’s free, but you do have to ask for it. | 宽恕是免费的 但需要恳求 |
[11:19] | I heard the most awful things about him when I was a kid. | 我小时候听过他的故事 非常可怕 |
[11:23] | Y’all come on in. | 进来吧 |
[11:41] | Hey, hey. That’s that old man Bush. It is. | 看 布什老头 就是他 |
[11:55] | Hey. | 喂 |
[12:03] | We know about you, old man. | 我们了解你 老头 |
[12:05] | You stay out of this diner, you hear me? | 离这餐厅远点 听见吗 |
[12:08] | There’s women and children in there, | 里面有妇女和小孩 |
[12:10] | and we don’t want you around them. | 我们不希望你靠近他们 |
[12:13] | Hey! | 喂 |
[12:14] | Look at me when I’m talking to you, old man. | 看着我 我跟你说话呢 老家伙 |
[12:16] | I know you hear me. | 我知道你听着的 |
[12:18] | You hear me? | 听见我说什么吗 |
[12:19] | You come around here again. There’ll be trouble. | 你敢再来 有你好看的 |
[12:23] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[12:30] | Carl! | 卡尔 |
[12:34] | Carl, honey! | 卡尔 亲爱的 |
[12:38] | I know. It’s all right. | 我明白 没事的 |
[12:55] | – Frank? There was a fight. – Let me guess. | -弗兰克 刚才有人打架 -让我猜一下 |
[13:00] | – Carl? – Well, yeah, | -是卡尔吗 -是的 |
[13:03] | but it was with that old man Bush. | 但是跟布什老头打 |
[13:05] | Old man? | 那个老头吗 |
[13:07] | – Is there a body? – No. | -老头归西了吗 -没有 |
[13:08] | He was the one that was doing the beating. | 是他在打人 |
[13:11] | I ain’t never seen nothing like it before in my life. | 我从来没见过这种事 |
[13:14] | Social event of the year, and I missed it. | 年度社会热点事件 可惜我错过了 |
[13:18] | You read the paper today? | 今天看报纸了吗 |
[13:20] | People are dying in bunches. | 每天各地死人不计其数 |
[13:22] | Everywhere but here. | 唯独这里例外 |
[13:28] | What are the odds of a funeral home going broke | 殡葬公司倒闭该多稀奇 |
[13:31] | when you have a business that everybody on earth needs? | 要知道我们这行是人类基本需求 |
[13:37] | If you can’t make that work, it’s got to be you, right? | 如果经营不善 就是自身的问题了 |
[13:40] | And, yet, I don’t know. | 但我还是不知道 |
[13:43] | What do you do when people won’t die? | 如果没人死怎么办 |
[13:46] | – Well, I guess… – One thing about chicago. | -我估计… -就像在芝加哥 |
[13:47] | People know how to die. | 那里的人知道怎样去死 |
[13:50] | They drown, get run over, shot. | 淹死 撞车死 乱枪射死 |
[13:54] | Whatever it takes. | 怎么都能死 |
[13:55] | Well, we get it done around here. | 我们这里也有人步入死亡 |
[13:57] | It’s just we’re not in a hurry about it. | 只是形色没那么匆忙而已 |
[14:03] | It’s them or us. | 他们不死 我们就会死 |
[14:14] | I might know of someone who’s looking for a funeral. | 我知道某人想筹办葬礼 |
[14:21] | How much did he have? | 他有多少钱 |
[14:22] | It was all wadded up. | 他把钱捆成一团 |
[14:26] | Hermit money. That’s good. | 世外高钱 挺好 |
[14:37] | There it is. | 就在那里 |
[14:41] | There’s his sign. | 这是他的警示牌 |
[14:57] | What are you doing? | 你准备怎样做 |
[15:00] | You’ve been wanting a shot at sales. | 你不是一直想做营销吗 |
[15:03] | As of right now, you’re on commission. | 现在 任务就交给你 |
[15:07] | Remember, foot in the door, | 记住 踏进门里 |
[15:10] | establish trust and drop the hammer. | 获取信任 一锤敲定 |
[15:18] | I’d rather you go, too. | 还是你跟我一起去比较好 |
[15:20] | No doubt. But if you don’t do this by yourself, | 那当然 但如果你不自己做一次 |
[15:24] | you’ll never know if you’re any good. | 你就永远不清楚自己的能力 |
[15:27] | And you’ll never be good if you don’t know that you are. | 更无从谈有所成就了 |
[16:18] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[16:37] | Wanna see inside my house, do you? | 想偷窥我的房子吗 |
[16:39] | What does it look like? | 看上去怎么样 |
[16:51] | I see you at the church with your wife and baby? | 我在教堂见过你 还有你的老婆和孩子 |
[17:00] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[17:01] | What the hell you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[17:09] | I heard… | 我听说 |
[17:10] | I heard you were after a funeral, sir. | 听说你想筹办葬礼 |
[17:13] | – A funeral? – Yes, sir. | -葬礼 -是的 |
[17:15] | I work at Quinn Funeral Home, sir. | 我在奎恩殡葬公司工作 先生 |
[17:18] | I thought I could help you. | 我想我能帮到你 |
[17:32] | You like rabbit? | 你爱吃兔肉吗 |
[17:37] | It’s how you put things together, see. | 混合东西是有讲究的 |
[17:40] | Now, some things go, | 有的东西消失了 |
[17:42] | and some things never will. | 有的却永不消逝 |
[17:46] | And the Indians said that everything spoke to them. | 印第安人说他们与自然万物通灵 |
[17:47] | That’s how they made medicines, and knew what to eat. | 所以他们懂得制药和饮食之道 |
[17:50] | I mean, things talked to them, | 自然万物与他们对话 |
[17:52] | clear as we talk. You believe that? | 如我们谈话般清晰 你相信吗 |
[17:55] | I don’t know, sir. | 不知道 |
[17:58] | Well, you don’t listen, you don’t hear nothing. | 你没用心听 所以听不到 |
[18:05] | All right. Be ready here directly. | 好吧 直接在这里吃吧 |
[18:08] | Got forks here. Here you go. | 拿把叉子 给你 |
[18:09] | Did you make this furniture, sir? | 这家具是你亲手做的吗 |
[18:11] | I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从没见过如此细致的手工 |
[18:14] | Can’t tell what’s holding it up. | 可以告诉我是用什么固定的吗 |
[18:18] | Magic. | 魔法 |
[18:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:24] | Well, sir, if you do want to plan for your funeral, | 如果您确实想筹备您自己的葬礼 |
[18:29] | which I hope will be a long, long time away from now, | 当然我希望离现在还有很长很长的时间 |
[18:32] | but we’d treat you with respect, and offer you | 但我们会尊重你的想法 为你提供 |
[18:36] | a real good service for… | 专业周到的服务 |
[18:40] | What’d everybody say about what happened in town? | 大家怎么看镇上那次打人事件的呢 |
[18:44] | That crazy son of a bitch | 狗娘养的疯子 |
[18:45] | tried to kill a man for no reason, is that it? | 无端端要杀人 对吧 |
[18:48] | There’s two sides to every story. | 事情都有两面 |
[18:50] | People say that, but they don’t believe it. | 说归说 但信不信又是另一回事 |
[18:52] | They think what they think, | 他们自顾自地思考 |
[18:53] | and they don’t wanna know anything else. | 根本不愿意知道真相 |
[18:56] | I also think that | 我也认为 |
[18:57] | people are so scared about what they don’t know that | 人对未知充满畏惧 |
[19:00] | they make things up to feel better about it, | 所以喜欢自欺欺人 |
[19:02] | like life after dying, you know. | 例如想象身后的生活 |
[19:06] | Heaven. | 天堂 |
[19:08] | Well, I hope that part’s true, don’t you? | 我倒是希望天堂是真的 你呢 |
[19:11] | I don’t think we know the actual truth about anything. | 我认为人们并不了解真相 |
[19:14] | I know I don’t. | 我肯定是不了解 |
[19:15] | I’m just guessing most of the time. | 大多数情况下 我只会猜 |
[19:19] | Lord, this is good. | 先生阁下 味道好极了 |
[19:26] | You boys been coming out here | 你们这些淘气鬼来这里 |
[19:28] | to throw rocks at my window | 拿石子砸我的窗户 |
[19:29] | for what, 25, 30 years? | 也有二十五 三十年了吧 |
[19:32] | No, I… | 没 我… |
[19:33] | Know lots of stories about me? | 听过很多关于我的故事吗 |
[19:38] | Well, yes, sir. | 是的 |
[19:39] | Tell one. | 给我讲一个 |
[19:40] | I’d rather not. | 不讲可以吗 |
[19:41] | I’d rather you did. | 讲吧 |
[19:49] | Well, when I was a kid, | 小时候 |
[19:51] | I heard you killed some fellas in a fistfight. | 我听说你在斗殴中打死了人 |
[20:00] | Is that all? | 仅此而已吗 |
[20:06] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么名字来着 |
[20:07] | Buddy Robinson, sir. | 巴迪·罗宾森 先生 |
[20:10] | Well, if I need you, | 如果我需要你帮忙 |
[20:12] | I know who you are. | 我起码知道你是谁 |
[20:56] | Yes, ma’am. I do respect your wishes. | 是的 夫人 我尊重你的意愿 |
[20:58] | But, you see, state law requires… | 但你要明白 本州法例的规定 |
[21:02] | No, ma’am. We can’t bury him beneath the house. | 不行 夫人 不能把他葬在房子底下 |
[21:07] | All right. Well, just for argument’s sake, | 好吧 我就事论事问一句 |
[21:09] | How would you get the casket under the house? | 你怎么把棺材放下去呢 |
[21:13] | No casket. | 不用棺材 |
[21:19] | Well, but you have to have a container of some kind, | 但是你需要某种容器 |
[21:21] | ma’am, for | 夫人 为了 |
[21:23] | decency and for sanitation. | 体面和公共卫生 |
[21:29] | Yes, ma’am, but there’s lots of things that are natural | 是 夫人 但是很多自然的事情 |
[21:31] | that aren’t decent. | 都不体面 |
[21:36] | Would you like to come in, sir? | 要进来吗 先生 |
[21:38] | He did what? | 他干什么 |
[21:40] | – Good god. – Leave it. | -老天爷 -不用关 |
[21:41] | No, ma’am. | 不 夫人 |
[21:43] | I didn’t know that about your husband. | 我事先不了解你丈夫的情况 |
[21:45] | Well, yeah, now I understand | 好 现在我明白 |
[21:46] | why you want him under the house. | 为什么你要把他安葬在那里了 |
[21:48] | But, still… hello? | 但是 听得见吗 |
[21:50] | Frank Quinn. This is Mr. Bush. | 弗兰克·奎恩 这是布什先生 |
[21:56] | Come on in. Pleasure. | 请过来 见到你真荣幸 |
[21:59] | Coffee? | 要喝咖啡吗 |
[22:01] | It’s a pleasure. | 荣幸之极 |
[22:03] | She’ll call back. | 稍后她会再打来 |
[22:05] | Are you | 你是 |
[22:08] | from anywhere? | 从哪里来的 |
[22:10] | Little bit of everywhere, yeah. | 哪里都一样吧 |
[22:13] | Get him a chair, Buddy. | 给先生拿把椅子 巴迪 |
[22:16] | Here you go, sir. | 请坐 先生 |
[22:28] | What can we do for you, sir? | 有什么可以为你效劳 先生 |
[22:30] | I’m after a funeral. | 我想筹办一次葬礼 |
[22:31] | Boy, are you in luck. Follow me, please. | 你找对地方了 请跟我来 |
[23:24] | Solid pecan. | 胡桃实木 |
[23:27] | Steel handles. | 精钢把手 |
[23:29] | Forget the box. What else? | 别管棺材 还有别的没 |
[23:32] | Whatever you want. | 您需要的应有尽有 |
[23:34] | – Flowers. – No, no. | -鲜花 -不是 |
[23:36] | Burial plot. | 墓地 |
[23:37] | – Got it. – A service. | -我有 -服务 |
[23:39] | – Party. – A what? | -聚会 -什么 |
[23:41] | A party. | 一次聚会 |
[23:44] | What kind of party? | 怎样的聚会 |
[23:46] | A funeral party. | 葬礼聚会 |
[23:55] | We can do that. | 这个可以做 |
[23:58] | And I wanna be there. | 到时我要在场 |
[24:00] | You will be. I guarantee it. | 没问题 我保证 |
[24:01] | I wanna be there now. | 我要像现在这样出席 |
[24:04] | You want to be at your funeral party alive? | 你是想活生生地出席你的葬礼吗 |
[24:09] | Yes, sir. | 对 |
[24:10] | But you can’t have a funeral | 但是不能给活人办葬礼 |
[24:14] | if you’re not, you know, deceased. | 你还没去世 |
[24:18] | Hold on, now. It’s a detail. We can look at it. | 且慢 这是细节问题 我们会想办法 |
[24:22] | Pretty big detail. | 相当大的细节 |
[24:23] | You want to have a funeral party | 你想在死之前 |
[24:26] | while you’re alive, so you can go. | 举办葬礼派对 以便亲自出席 |
[24:30] | Yes or no? | 可以吗 |
[24:32] | Yes! | 没问题 |
[24:34] | Buddy, get some paper. | 巴迪 准备纸笔 |
[24:35] | We need to make a list of who Mr. Bush wants to invite. | 我们要列一张宾客名单 |
[24:38] | Well, sit down there. | 不用 坐下吧 |
[24:39] | I want everybody to come | 我想让所有了解我 |
[24:41] | who’s got a story to tell about me. | 能讲述我的故事的人都来 |
[24:46] | All right, say again? | 好 您能再说一遍吗 |
[24:47] | Probably covers about four counties. | 估计有四个郡的人了 |
[24:48] | Then I want four counties worth of people | 那我要四个郡的人 |
[24:51] | at the party. | 都来参加 |
[24:56] | Well, sir, the thing is, | 先生 问题是 |
[24:58] | how do you invite people. | 怎么邀请他们 |
[25:03] | How do you get people to come, | 怎么让他们来 |
[25:05] | tell stories about you, | 讲述你的故事 |
[25:07] | That I’m guessing might get them, | 我估计这会让他们 |
[25:10] | you know, shot? | 怎么说 被枪杀? |
[25:14] | – Now, sir. – You know what? Don’t worry about it. | -既然这样 -你知道吗 无需担心 |
[25:16] | You go on ahead. | 就按你说的办 |
[25:18] | Don’t worry about it. We’ll come up with something. | 无需担心 会有办法 |
[25:20] | – Couple of ideas just came to me. – Like what? | -我已经有若干方案 -例如呢 |
[25:24] | Felix? | 菲利克斯 |
[25:31] | Felix, say hello to me. | 菲利克斯 怎么连招呼都不打 |
[25:37] | Hey, Mattie. | 你好 玛蒂 |
[25:39] | How does she know him? | 她怎么会认识他 |
[25:41] | I heard you moved off. | 听说你搬走了 |
[25:43] | I’ve been back a while. | 我回来有一阵子了 |
[25:49] | How are you? | 最近怎样 |
[25:53] | You look like you always did. | 你看上去一点没变 |
[26:07] | Do you see the size of that thing? | 你看见那捆东西有多大吗 |
[26:10] | What? | 什么 |
[26:11] | What do you mean, what? | 你装什么傻 |
[26:13] | That goddamn ball of money. | 那一大捆钱 |
[26:21] | If he wants a party with pink balloons on his ears, | 就算他要在聚会上往耳朵挂两个粉气球 |
[26:23] | we’re going to give it to him. | 我们也得照办 |
[26:25] | But we can’t throw him a party if he’s… | 但是我们不能这样做 他还没… |
[26:27] | I sold 26 of the ugliest cars ever made | 某年十二月 我在芝加哥 |
[26:28] | one December in chicago. | 一月内卖出了二十六台世界上最丑的汽车 |
[26:31] | With the wind blowing so hard up my ass, | 狗急也会跳墙 |
[26:34] | I was farting snowflakes in July. | 一切事在人为 |
[26:35] | So, don’t tell me we can’t do this. | 所以不要跟我说做不到 |
[26:37] | – But we can’t… – That is going to be the last “but” | -但是不可以 -不要再让我听到 |
[26:40] | I ever hear from you. | 你说”但是” |
[26:42] | You’re a salesman now. Sell. | 你是推销员 只管卖 |
[26:55] | A thousand years ago, | 很久很久以前 |
[26:56] | he was the most interesting man I’d ever met. | 他是我见过的最有趣的人 |
[26:59] | Get out of here. | 算了吧 |
[27:01] | He was. | 确实如此 |
[27:02] | Are you serious? | 你在说笑吧 |
[27:04] | And I don’t just mean the way he looked. | 他不仅样子有趣 |
[27:06] | – Well, I hope not. – Listen. | -我也希望不是 -听着 |
[27:09] | He was beautiful. | 他很俊美 |
[27:13] | Most people are laid out nice and simple, you know. | 大部分人内心都单纯而美好 |
[27:15] | You always know what they’re thinking. | 你总能知道他们的想法 |
[27:17] | And he was like this big old cave | 而他却像是一个巨大古老的山洞 |
[27:21] | that just went deeper and deeper and… | 向深处无限延伸 |
[27:25] | There’s still nobody like him. | 再没有人能如他一般 |
[27:34] | You hungry? Let me help you with that. | 你饿了吧 我来帮你吧 |
[27:42] | It’s okay. It’s okay. Hey, are you hungry? | 没事的 没事的 你饿了吗 |
[27:46] | I might have a little hissy fit coming on soon, too. | 我也许马上也要发点小脾气了 |
[27:50] | Is that right? | 是真的吗 |
[27:51] | Feeling a little weepy. | 有点儿想哭了 |
[27:54] | You boys. | 你们两个小男孩呀 |
[27:57] | I can maybe do something really good for us, Katie. | 也许我可以为我们做点很好的事 凯蒂 |
[28:01] | – You already have. – Money-wise, I mean. | -你已经做的很好了 -我是说金钱方面 |
[28:05] | About Mr. Bush? | 是关于布什先生的吗 |
[28:07] | Yeah. I get half of what we make off of him. | 是的 从他那儿挣得钱我可以分一半 |
[28:10] | So why aren’t you happy about it? | 那你为什么还不高兴呢 |
[28:13] | I didn’t know I wasn’t. | 我没觉察到自己不高兴 |
[28:19] | I guess I was for a minute. | 我想我高兴过一会儿 |
[28:23] | But the whole thing about | 但这整件事 |
[28:24] | making a carnival out of someone’s death, | 把别人的死亡当成狂欢节来庆祝 |
[28:27] | I just don’t know if it’s right. | 我不知道是否应该这样做 |
[28:30] | Well, is it what he wants? | 是他自己的意愿吗 |
[28:32] | He says it is. | 他是这么说的 |
[28:33] | Then you are not responsible for what other people do, Buddy. | 那别人怎么做就跟你无关了 巴迪 |
[28:37] | Just you. | 管自己就好 |
[28:59] | We have a plan. | 我们有个计划 |
[29:01] | All we need is a little bit of your time. | 只需要占用你一点时间 |
[29:12] | It moves, don’t it? | 这车跑的挺好 |
[29:13] | This is nothing. | 小意思 |
[29:17] | Fancy car, for the dead. | 弄这么好的车给死人用 |
[29:20] | I didn’t buy it for them. | 我可不是为他们买的 |
[29:23] | I was thinking about your funeral party before I went to sleep last night. | 昨晚睡觉前我一直在想你的葬礼聚会 |
[29:28] | I think I understand it a little now. | 我想现在我明白一点了 |
[29:32] | When I was a kid, my folks died in a bad car wreck. | 我小时候 父母因为一场严重的车祸去世了 |
[29:37] | And the people at the funeral home, well… | 殡仪馆的工作人员所做的事 |
[29:41] | They did the impossible, as far as I was concerned. | 在我看来 真是太不可思议了 |
[29:45] | I don’t know what I would’ve done without them. | 如果没有他们 我都不知道该怎么办 |
[29:48] | I remember wishing that my mother and daddy was there | 我还记得当时真希望我的父母也在那里 |
[29:52] | so they could see how beautiful they had made it. | 那他们就能看到葬礼有多美 |
[30:23] | – Where’d he go? – I don’t know. | -他去哪儿了 -不知道 |
[30:35] | Don’t leave me naked here. | 别全剃光了 |
[30:36] | I wish you wouldn’t do that yet. | 我希望你先别理发 |
[30:39] | Mr. Bush, you can cut all the hairs you want | 布什先生 等我们给你照完相后 |
[30:40] | after we’ve taken your picture. I’ll pay for it. | 你想怎么剪就怎么剪 我出钱 |
[30:43] | Well, why you want my picture made? | 你为什么要给我拍照 |
[30:44] | We’re going to run an ad in some papers about your party. | 我们要在报纸上登你葬礼聚会的广告 |
[30:47] | Hang some posters up of you. | 贴一些你的海报 |
[30:48] | And you want me to look like this. | 你想让我在照片上是这个样子吗 |
[30:50] | – Yes. – Why? | -是的 -为什么 |
[30:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[30:53] | Well, it’s how people recognize you, sir. | 人们记得你就是这个样子 先生 |
[30:56] | And you want as many people to come as possible, | 而且你想要人来的越多越好 |
[30:59] | – So… – So? | -所以…-所以什么 |
[31:01] | A crazy old nutter draws more. | 一个老疯子可以吸引更多人来 |
[31:05] | Don’t you think? | 你不这么认为吗 |
[31:07] | You ever say what you mean? | 你就不能直说吗 |
[31:44] | Take it. | 照吧 |
[31:47] | Do you want him to smile? | 你想要他笑一笑吗 |
[31:48] | That is his smile. | 他笑起来就这样 |
[31:54] | Well, all right. | 好吧 |
[31:56] | Now, Mr. Bush, on the count of three. | 准备 布什先生 我数到三 |
[31:58] | One, two… | 一 二… |
[32:12] | Damn. You look pretty good. | 真要命 你看上去真不错 |
[32:19] | He pays. | 找他要钱 |
[32:28] | Well, what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[32:29] | I wouldn’t know you, sir. | 我都认不出你来了 先生 |
[32:31] | Well, maybe the devil won’t, either. | 也许魔鬼也认不出了 |
[32:34] | This just might work out. | 这套就可以了 |
[32:35] | Wait, now where are the shoes? | 等一下 鞋子呢 |
[32:38] | Normally, people don’t wear shoes in a casket. | 通常情况下人们在棺材里是不穿鞋子的 |
[32:47] | What are you, about 10-D? | 你的鞋码是多少 10-D左右吗 |
[32:49] | A suit coat and trousers, that’s going to be $13.19. | 一套西装上衣和裤子 共计13.19元 |
[32:52] | And the shoes another $6.50. | 鞋子另计6.50元 |
[32:55] | It’ll be $19.69 total. | 总共19.69元 |
[32:58] | – How are you fixed for underwear? – I don’t wear none. | -那内衣怎么办 -我没穿 |
[33:04] | One question too many. | 又嘴贱多问了 |
[33:12] | Well, I don’t mean to be nosy, but how do you know Mattie? | 我不是想多管闲事 但你是怎么认识玛蒂的 |
[33:20] | We had a go. | 我们在一起过 |
[33:36] | Call. | 跟 |
[33:38] | A funeral party? What the hell’s a funeral party, Frank? | 葬礼聚会吗 那是什么玩意儿 弗兰克 |
[33:40] | You’re giving him a party? | 你要给他办聚会吗 |
[33:41] | If he wants to come to his own funeral, what am I going to say? | 他想参加自己的葬礼 我还能说什么 |
[33:44] | I wish my ex-wife would come to my funeral | 我希望我的前妻可以来参加我的葬礼 |
[33:46] | so I could tell her to kiss my ass. | 我就可以叫她见鬼去了 |
[33:48] | What makes you think she’d show up? | 你凭什么觉得她会来呢 |
[33:49] | That big wad of money of his you’re after. | 你是看上他那一大笔钱吧 |
[33:52] | Felix has money? | 菲利克斯有钱吗 |
[33:53] | Yeah, he came to me looking for a funeral. | 是啊 他找我来办葬礼 |
[33:56] | Had a big, old greasy ball of money. | 有一大捆皱巴巴脏兮兮的钱 |
[33:58] | Talked like he thought he could buy his way to heaven with it. | 他说起话来就像有这笔钱天堂也得开路 |
[34:00] | Is he sick, Gus? | 他病了吗 加斯 |
[34:01] | Sick? He ain’t sick. | 病了吗 他才没病呢 |
[34:04] | Ain’t nobody going to go to a funeral for that old son of a bitch. | 没人会去参加那个老混蛋的葬礼 |
[34:06] | – Language. – They might. | -你说话客气点 -他们可能来 |
[34:07] | He’s invited everyone to come | 他已经邀请了很多人 |
[34:09] | that has a story to tell about him. | 所有能讲述他的故事的人都去 |
[34:12] | You could tell about him kicking your ass, Carl. | 你可以讲讲他是怎么痛打你的 卡尔 |
[34:16] | Keep it up, Frank. | 闭嘴吧 弗兰克 |
[34:18] | You all say what you want to, | 随便你们怎么说 |
[34:19] | but if somebody hadn’t been there the other day, he’d have killed me, | 那天要不是旁边还有人 我会被打死的 |
[34:21] | and I guarantee it wouldn’t have been the first time, either. | 而且我保证这也绝对不是第一次 |
[34:24] | So y’all go on. | 你们尽管去吧 |
[34:25] | Have your little party for the devil and his money. | 给那魔鬼开个小派对 把他的钱弄来 |
[34:30] | I’m going to dance on his grave some day. | 总有一天我要在他的坟墓上跳舞 |
[34:42] | You kind of hate to admit it when it comes to Carl, | 虽然这话说起来非常不甘心 |
[34:43] | but he’s got a point. | 但卡尔说的有道理 |
[34:46] | And you don’t know what Bush is doing. | 你不知道布什究竟想干什么 |
[34:48] | What if he just wants to get everybody in one place | 如果他是想要大家都聚在一个地方 |
[34:49] | so he can turn his shotgun on them? | 好方便他用猎枪扫射呢 |
[34:51] | He wouldn’t do that. | 他不会那么做的 |
[34:52] | I looked in his eyes. | 我盯着他的眼睛看过 |
[34:54] | Now, the truth is, nobody knows what he’s capable of. | 事实是 没人知道他会干出什么事来 |
[34:56] | Maybe even he doesn’t know. | 也许连他自己也不知道 |
[35:05] | You still there? | 你还在那儿吗 |
[35:12] | You better be. | 希望你还在 |
[35:19] | I want you close to me, hear me? | 我想要你在我身边 听到了吗 |
[35:22] | I want you close to me. | 我想要你在我身边 |
[35:30] | Night, Miss Mattie. | 晚安 玛蒂小姐 |
[35:31] | – Good night, Gus. – Night, Frank. | -晚安 加斯 -晚安 弗兰克 |
[35:40] | I’ll walk you home. | 我送你回家 |
[35:41] | – No, thank you. – You sure? | -不用了 谢谢 -你确定吗 |
[35:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:47] | You’re never going to play anymore, are you? | 你不会再来玩牌了 是吧 |
[35:48] | It’s not that. I just… | 不是那样的 我只是… |
[35:55] | You came because you don’t know what to do with yourself. | 你来这儿是因为你不知该如何自处 |
[36:00] | I slept on the same side of the bed my whole life. | 我一辈子都睡在床的同一边 |
[36:05] | Right after my wife left, | 在我妻子离开后 |
[36:08] | I switched sides, just like that. | 我换了一边睡 就这样 |
[36:11] | And I’ve never been able to go back. | 我再也回不去了 |
[36:40] | For heaven’s sakes. | 老天啊 |
[36:42] | 卡勒博郡神秘隐士举行葬礼聚会 诚邀大家光临 音乐跳舞讲故事 二月十六日 | |
[37:04] | Friends, we have a special treat for you today on WCGM. | 朋友们 今天WCGM广播台有个特别节目 |
[37:08] | Our guest is going to tune us into | 我们的嘉宾将和我们谈谈 |
[37:09] | the event that everyone’s talking about. | 大家都在谈论的那件事 |
[37:11] | And here he is, Mr. Felix Bush, the mysterious hermit from Caleb county. | 有请卡勒博郡神秘隐士菲利克斯·布什先生 |
[37:15] | How are you today, sir? | 您好吗 先生 |
[37:17] | I am. | 好 |
[37:20] | Now, sir, exactly, how did you come up with the idea | 现在 先生 究竟您是怎么想到 |
[37:23] | of throwing a funeral party before you die? | 要在您死前举行一场葬礼聚会的呢 |
[37:26] | I dreamed it. | 梦到的 |
[37:28] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[37:30] | I have to say, sir, | 我得说 先生 |
[37:31] | you don’t look quite like you do on the posters. | 您本人和海报上看起来不大一样 |
[37:34] | I got pruned. | 我理发了 |
[37:36] | Well, you’re a bit of a local legend, sir. | 您可是当地的传奇人物 先生 |
[37:38] | I was a little nervous about our interview. | 对这次访问我都有点紧张 |
[37:40] | I’ve heard some pretty wild stories. | 我听过一些可怕传言 |
[37:43] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[37:45] | Well, just from what I understand, | 从我的理解来看 |
[37:47] | you want everyone that has a story | 您希望所有听过您传言的人 |
[37:49] | to come out and tell it, is that right? | 都来参加并且讲述出来 是吗 |
[37:50] | – Well, you come and tell yours. – Thank you, sir. | -你可以来讲讲你的 -谢谢 先生 |
[37:53] | Now, how long you been living out there by yourself? | 您独自一人生活了多久 |
[37:57] | Forty-some years. | 四十多年 |
[37:59] | Forty years with nobody to talk to. | 四十多年都没人说话 |
[38:01] | The first 38 are the hardest. | 开始的三十八年是最难熬的 |
[38:05] | Now, why would you do that, Mr. Bush, | 您为什么要这么做呢 布什先生 |
[38:07] | shut yourself off like that? | 把自己这样与世隔绝 |
[38:10] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:15] | You come to the funeral, maybe you’ll find out. | 你来参加葬礼 或许就能知道了 |
[38:18] | We’ll find out the answer to the mystery February 16th. | 我们将在二月十六日的葬礼上揭秘 |
[38:21] | One more thing, boy. | 还有一件事 孩子 |
[38:24] | There’s going to be a drawing. | 将有个抽签 |
[38:26] | What kind of drawing, sir? | 什么样的抽签 先生 |
[38:27] | You buy a ticket for $5. | 五块钱买张票 |
[38:30] | The day of the funeral, we draw names. | 葬礼那天 我们抽取名字 |
[38:33] | Then when I die, the winner gets my place. | 等我死后 被抽中的人继承我的房子 |
[38:37] | Three-hundred acres of timber that hasn’t been touched in 40 years. | 三百英亩四十年没被砍伐过的木材林 |
[38:42] | Send it to the Quinn Funeral Home. | 把钱送到奎恩殡仪馆 |
[38:44] | For $5? | 五块钱吗 |
[38:46] | You heard him say it. If you want a chance to win | 听到他说的了吧 如果想要赢取 |
[38:48] | three-hundred acres of virgin timber worth thousands and thousands of dollars, | 三百英亩价值几千美元的原始木材林 |
[38:51] | please send your name and address along with $5 | 请将你的姓名住址连同五元 |
[38:54] | to Mr. Frank Quinn at Quinn Funeral Home. | 送往奎恩殡仪馆的弗兰克·奎恩先生 |
[39:00] | I’ll take a ticket. | 我要买张票 |
[39:01] | You’re betting on a man dying. | 你这是把人的死亡当赌局 |
[39:03] | I didn’t mean it like that. | 我不是那个意思 |
[39:04] | I was just saying since he… | 我这么说是因为他… |
[39:06] | No, no, it’s his idea. | 没事 没事 这是他的主意 |
[39:08] | That’s what you want, right? | 这是你想要的 对吧 |
[39:11] | Buy a ticket, son. Tell a story. | 买张票 孩子 去讲个故事 |
[39:37] | Save some for me now. Don’t eat it all. All right? | 给我留点 别都吃了 行吗 |
[39:44] | Who’s this? | 这是谁 |
[39:48] | Felix? | 菲利克斯 |
[39:52] | Mattie? | 玛蒂 |
[39:56] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[39:58] | I wondered if you were still under that beard. | 我还在想你是不是还留着那胡子呢 |
[40:01] | Well, I wouldn’t know where else to go. | 不然还能怎样呢 |
[40:06] | I heard you on the radio. | 我听到你上电台了 |
[40:08] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 夫人 |
[40:11] | You’ve gotten downright chatty. | 你变得可真健谈 |
[40:14] | Yeah, reckon so. | 确实 |
[40:18] | Well, this is it. This is my barn. | 就这样 这是我的牲口棚 |
[40:21] | Yeah. This here’s my mule, Gracie. | 这是我的骡子 格雷西 |
[40:25] | Say hello? | 跟她打个招呼吧 |
[40:27] | Well, would you like to feed her? | 你想喂喂她吗 |
[40:30] | Go ahead. She’ll love you for it. | 来吧 这样她就喜欢你了 |
[40:33] | There. Come on, Gracie. Come. | 这里 来吧 格雷西 来吧 |
[40:36] | This here’s Mattie. Yeah. | 这是玛蒂 |
[40:39] | Give her some more. | 再给她一些吧 |
[40:42] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[40:47] | Would you like to see the rest of my place? | 你想看看我这里的其他地方吗 |
[40:55] | Do you want me to? | 你想让我看吗 |
[40:58] | Yes, ma’am, I do. Yeah. | 是的 夫人 我想是的 |
[41:02] | Yeah. You always know where you stand with a dog. | 和狗在一起你永远都不会迷路 |
[41:06] | Keeper, Charlie and Maude. Yeah. | 吉普 查理和穆德 是的 |
[41:12] | I wanna lay here with them someday, | 有朝一日我要和他们一起长眠于此 |
[41:15] | if they’ll have me. | 如果他们肯收留我的话 |
[41:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:21] | Well, it really is beautiful. | 太美了 |
[41:23] | It probably looked like this everywhere a hundred years ago. | 这里一百年前应该也是这个样子 |
[41:25] | Well, you leave things alone, they know what to do. | 你不管它们 它们知道自己生长 |
[41:29] | – Like you? – No, ma’am. | -就像你一样吗 -不像 夫人 |
[41:31] | I don’t know what to do about anything much. | 许多事情我都不知道怎么办 |
[41:34] | Well, you’ve been alone a long time. | 可你自己一个人孤寂很久了 |
[41:36] | Well, I guess some people are more suited to it than others, I reckon. | 我猜有些人就是更适合这种生活 |
[41:40] | Funny, I never thought it would suit you. | 有趣的是 我从未觉得这种生活适合你 |
[41:43] | No one to talk to. No one to be with. | 没人说话 没人在身边 |
[41:45] | How you sleeping these days, girl? | 你这些天睡得怎么样 姑娘 |
[41:47] | How am I what? | 我什么怎么样 |
[41:49] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[41:51] | You sleep good? | 你睡得好吗 |
[41:53] | No, not lately. How did you know? | 不 最近不好 你怎么知道的 |
[41:56] | Well, look here. Yeah. | 看这里 |
[42:01] | Yeah. This is Valerian. | 这是缬草 |
[42:04] | It’ll help you nod off when the nights get long. | 夜里失眠难熬时它能帮你入睡 |
[42:11] | Now, you wanna go on aways? | 你想要继续走走吗 |
[42:14] | – Yes. – Okay. Yeah. | -好的 -好吧 |
[42:18] | Would you stay for supper? | 你想留下来吃晚饭吗 |
[42:24] | I don’t wanna be any trouble. | 我不想给你添麻烦啊 |
[42:25] | Well, a supper guest every 30, 40 years | 每三四十年才有一次的晚餐客人 |
[42:28] | is not much trouble, girl. | 可不是麻烦 小姑娘 |
[42:31] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[42:34] | Well, you better stay close. | 你最好靠我近一些 |
[42:37] | Because some big old wildcat has been eating my chickens. | 有大野猫一直在偷吃我的鸡 |
[42:43] | Or maybe it was me. | 也有可能是我吃的 |
[42:48] | Now, you take that root, and you mash it… | 你摘下根 把它捣碎 |
[42:54] | Here we go. | 我们到了 |
[42:59] | Go on in. | 进来吧 |
[43:02] | – Give me your coat there. – Thank you. | -把外套给我 -谢谢 |
[43:06] | It’s a little cold here. | 这儿有点儿冷 |
[43:19] | Would you care for tea? | 你想喝茶吗 |
[43:20] | Oh, I’d love some, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[43:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[43:27] | This is a beautiful table. You were always good with your hands. | 这桌子真漂亮 你的手工活一直都很好 |
[43:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:40] | Miss Mattie. | 玛蒂小姐 |
[43:59] | – You still play the piano? – I teach a few girls. | -你还弹钢琴吗 -我在教几个女孩子弹 |
[44:02] | I got a good feeling when you played. | 你弹琴的时候 我感觉很好 |
[44:05] | Remember that time you was playing, | 还记得那次你弹琴时 |
[44:07] | and the lamp burned out, and you went right on in the dark? | 灯燃尽了 你就在黑暗中继续弹吗 |
[44:11] | I hear that song sometimes at night. | 有时候在晚上我还会听那首曲子 |
[44:18] | I do. | 是的 |
[44:20] | Sure is quiet out here. | 这外面肯定很安静 |
[44:23] | I said, it sure is… | 我说肯定很… |
[44:29] | I tried to write you a few times, | 我有好几次想给你写信 |
[44:32] | but I didn’t know what to say. | 但不知到该写些什么 |
[44:35] | – Well, I heard you married. – Yeah. | -我听说你结婚了 -是的 |
[44:38] | To a doctor. A good man. | 和一个医生 他是个好人 |
[44:41] | We lived in St. Louis for a while. | 我们在圣路易斯住了一段时间 |
[44:45] | He died about a year ago. | 大约在一年前 他去世了 |
[44:49] | So I came back here because… | 所以我回来了 因为… |
[44:54] | I’ve no idea why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[44:57] | The list of people who are gone is getting longer and longer, | 过世的人的名单越来越长 |
[44:59] | And it seems like | 似乎 |
[45:00] | all I’m doing is just waiting for my name to be called. | 我只是在等着死神呼唤我的名字 |
[45:04] | You have a tender heart. you always did, you know. | 你有一颗脆弱的心 你一直都是这样 |
[45:08] | You can’t wait for anything, Mattie. | 不要去等待什么 玛蒂 |
[45:10] | Close your eyes, hold your breath, | 闭上眼睛 屏住呼吸 |
[45:13] | stay in one spot your whole life, but you’re still moving. | 一生都待在一个地方 但你仍旧在前行 |
[45:18] | Like the world is, you know, moving under you. | 就像你脚下的世界一样 |
[45:21] | There’s no waiting. | 从不等待 |
[45:27] | And there’s no getting over some things, is there? | 没有事情可以被完全忘记 |
[45:32] | Reckon not, little bit. | 从来没有 小不点 |
[45:34] | Little bit. | 小不点 |
[45:36] | Oh, my god. I haven’t been called that… | 天啊 我多久没被人这么叫过… |
[46:23] | Jesus, kid. | 天啊 年轻人 |
[46:24] | Yeah, but it’s not our money. | 不过这不是我们的钱 |
[46:25] | Well, yeah, I know, but some of it’s going to be. | 我知道 不过有一部分会是的 |
[46:29] | I mean, we’re putting this thing on. | 毕竟是我们在张罗 |
[46:34] | Well, he should be here. I’m going to go get him. | 他应该在场 我去把他找来 |
[46:52] | I’m not exactly sure how much your land is worth. | 我不确定你的地到底值多少钱 |
[46:55] | It looks to me like you could get 10 times that, more. | 看起来你可能会拿到十倍于此的钱 |
[46:58] | I mean, it’s yours to do with what you want, | 这是你的钱 想怎么花都随你 |
[47:01] | But it makes me a little nervous. | 不过这让我有点紧张 |
[47:04] | I never thought I’d see enough money to make me nervous. | 从没想过我会看到那么多钱 多到令我紧张 |
[47:08] | We should probably talk about the price of everything. | 我们应该谈谈价钱了 |
[47:11] | The clothes, the ads, | 衣服 广告 |
[47:13] | our price for everything. | 还有我们的付出 |
[47:15] | We’ll be fair about that. I’m not worried about it. | 我们的价格很公道 别担心 |
[47:18] | Well, what do you think, boy? | 你怎么想 小伙子 |
[47:25] | Well, money makes people do funny things. | 金钱让人失去理智 |
[47:28] | I’d probably put it in the bank, sir. | 我可能会把它存进银行 先生 |
[47:30] | This bank, here, | 这里的银行 |
[47:33] | you can’t trust. That’s all I’m going to say. | 不值得信任 这是我的忠告 |
[47:37] | Can I trust you? | 我能相信你吗 |
[47:41] | Every name and every dollar is on this table. | 名字和钞票都在桌上 一点没动 |
[47:43] | That’s not what I asked. | 我没有问这个 |
[47:46] | I’ve done a hell of a job for you. | 我为你做了很多 |
[47:50] | I don’t see why… | 我不知道为什么 |
[47:51] | – Mr. Bush, I didn’t mean to imply. – Hush. | -布什先生 我没有所指 -别说话 |
[47:52] | I’ve sold horses, cars. | 我卖了马 汽车 |
[47:54] | I mean, I’ve sold watches that were | 我还卖了戴在大衣里的表 |
[47:55] | pinned to the inside of my coat. I’m not ashamed of it. | 我并不为这感到羞耻 |
[47:58] | I don’t rob banks. Don’t cheat at cards. | 我不抢银行 也不诈骗 |
[48:00] | I sleep all right, nights I sleep. | 我晚上睡得很好 问心无愧 |
[48:02] | Take out for the expenses you already have, and give me the receipts. | 把你的开销拿走 然后给我收据 |
[48:05] | When the bills come in for things, you give them to me. | 再有账单 你可以交给我 |
[48:07] | I’ll pay them. | 我会付款 |
[48:08] | You put this money in a box. | 把钱放在一个盒子里 |
[48:10] | The boy and I will take it someplace in the morning. | 这个孩子和我明早会把它带到别处 |
[48:12] | Whatever new comes in… listen to me. | 听着 再有什么东西 |
[48:14] | Whatever new comes in, you keep it | 要是还有钱送过来 你就把它们 |
[48:15] | in the bottom of one of them ugly caskets in there until I come get it. | 放在你那些粗制滥造的棺材下面 我会来取 |
[48:19] | When the party’s over, you name a fair price | 葬礼结束后 你为你所做的一切 |
[48:21] | for what you’ve done, and we’ll settle up. | 开个合理的价钱 我会付款的 |
[48:24] | A fair price. | 合理的价钱 |
[48:42] | Is it just me, | 你发现没有 |
[48:43] | or is he extremely articulate when he wants to be? | 只要他想 他的口齿可以相当伶俐 |
[48:46] | I don’t know who’s selling who to what anymore. | 我已经搞不清状况了 |
[48:50] | It’s not clear, is it? | 迷雾重重 不是吗 |
[48:55] | Here you go. | 拿着 |
[48:59] | – Where to, sir? – North. | -去哪 先生 -往北走 |
[49:03] | – How far? – Till I say, son. | -多远 -直到我说停 孩子 |
[49:11] | Step on it, step on it. | 前进 前进 |
[49:34] | Mr. Quinn. | 奎恩先生 |
[49:55] | How much further? | 还有多远 |
[49:58] | What? | 什么 |
[49:59] | How much further you want to go? | 你到底还想开多远 |
[50:47] | – Don’t say nothing. – To who? | -什么都不要说 -对谁 |
[50:51] | You can say “hi.” That’s it. | 你只能打个招呼 |
[51:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[51:17] | You sure you’re in the right place? | 你确定没走错地方 |
[51:20] | Not expecting a funeral. | 这里没葬礼 |
[51:30] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[51:40] | Felix? | 菲利克斯 |
[52:04] | Still standing. | 还活着呢 |
[52:11] | Reverend Charlie Jackson. | 查理·杰克逊神父 |
[52:15] | That’s Buddy Robinson. He don’t talk much. | 这是巴迪·罗宾森 他不太爱说话 |
[52:18] | Well, somebody better talk. | 总得有个说话的 |
[52:20] | A ghost pulls into the driveway in a hearse, | 一个老鬼开了一辆灵车过来 |
[52:23] | You expect a little bit of a story. | 里面肯定有故事 |
[52:28] | Well… | 是啊 |
[52:31] | You know, my hearing’s not what it was. | 我的听力大不如前了 |
[52:35] | Sounded like you said you want me to preach at your funeral party, | 你是想让我在你的葬礼上布道 |
[52:39] | with you sitting there. | 你还坐在旁边听 |
[52:42] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[52:45] | I’ve talked to God a lot about you over the years. | 这些年我对上帝讲了很多你的事 |
[52:49] | He said he broke the mold when he made you. | 他说他在造你的时候不太成功 |
[52:51] | Said you’re sure entertaining to watch but way too much trouble. | 他说你金玉其外 败絮其中 |
[53:02] | What would you want me to say at this funeral? | 你想让我在葬礼上说什么 |
[53:06] | Say anything you wanna say, Charlie. | 随你意愿 查理 |
[53:12] | Could you give us a minute? | 能让我们单独待一会儿吗 |
[53:15] | No, sit still. | 不 坐着别动 |
[53:16] | What’s the matter? you scared to be alone with me? | 怎么了 不敢跟我独处吗 |
[53:18] | – No, he can hear what’s said. – All right. | -不 他可以听我们的谈话 -好吧 |
[53:22] | After you left here, did you do the right thing? | 你离开后 做了该做的事吗 |
[53:26] | I felt that I did the right thing, yes. | 我自认为已经做了 |
[53:32] | You confessed? Asked forgiveness? | 你道歉了吗 请求原谅了吗 |
[53:39] | Did you tell her, Felix? | 你告诉她了吗 菲利克斯 |
[53:47] | You’ve come a long way for nothing, then. | 那你这次长途跋涉将无功而返 |
[53:49] | You self-righteous. No… | 你自以为是 不… |
[53:50] | – Don’t you dare. – No, hey. you listen to me now. | -你敢这么说我 -不 听我说 |
[53:53] | I built my own jail and put myself in it. | 我自建囹圄 投身其中 |
[53:56] | And I stayed in it for 40 goddamn years. | 我他妈在里面自闭了四十年 |
[54:00] | No wife. | 没有妻子 |
[54:02] | No kids, no friends, no nothing. | 没有儿女 没有朋友 什么都没有 |
[54:05] | No grandchildren. | 没有孙子 |
[54:12] | I wouldn’t even know how to hold a baby. You hear me? | 我都不知道该怎么抱孩子 你听清了吗 |
[54:17] | Forty years. | 四十年啊 |
[54:19] | Now, that’s not enough? | 这还不够吗 |
[54:23] | You know it’s not. | 你知道这不够 |
[54:27] | Well, why don’t you come to say that then, Charlie? | 那你干嘛不来把这都说出来 查理 |
[54:31] | Hell, tell it all if you wanna. I don’t care. | 想昭告天下就他妈去 我不在乎 |
[54:34] | But just come and say something. | 但请你过来 说点什么 |
[54:40] | Not on your life. | 不可能 |
[55:03] | How much do you know about him? | 你了解他吗 |
[55:08] | Almost nothing. I just work at the funeral home. | 不了解 我就是在殡仪馆工作 |
[55:14] | Do you know that he built this church? | 你知道是他建造了这间教堂吗 |
[55:19] | No. | 不知道 |
[55:22] | How could a man like that build something like this? | 那样一个人怎么会建出这样的教堂呢 |
[55:27] | I mean, I knew he was a good carpenter, but… | 我知道他是个好木匠 但是… |
[55:32] | – But this is… – Magic? | -但这…-鬼斧神工是吗 |
[55:35] | Maybe it’s the best of him. | 也许这是他最好的作品了吧 |
[55:39] | Maybe… | 也许吧 |
[55:42] | Maybe he put his soul into it, I don’t know. | 也许他将灵魂也灌注其中了 谁知道呢 |
[55:46] | What y’all were talking about. | 你们刚才说的什么 |
[55:50] | What did he do? | 他做了什么 |
[55:53] | Who was he supposed to tell? | 他应该跟谁说? |
[55:55] | Between him and god, I guess. | 天知地知他知 你我不知 |
[56:00] | I will say that he showed up here half dead. | 他当时出现在这里时 已是半死 |
[56:05] | Can I ask you something? | 我能问你点事情吗 |
[56:08] | Do you have to? | 必须问吗 |
[56:12] | Yeah. what are we doing? | 是的 我们到底在干吗 |
[56:16] | Ever since the day you came to the funeral home, | 从你来到殡仪馆的那天开始 |
[56:18] | I don’t think anything has happened that you did want to happen. | 所发生的一切并不如你所预期 |
[56:22] | I just don’t know where it’s going. | 我只是不知道还会发生什么 |
[56:24] | There’s a whole lot of things you don’t know, | 有太多你不知道的事情了 |
[56:26] | Like what a dog dreams. | 比如狗做的梦 |
[56:31] | You can make up a story about him chasing rabbits. | 你可以说他梦到了自己在追兔子 |
[56:34] | But you don’t know if there’s rabbits in there or not. | 但你不知道他脑子里到底有没有兔子 |
[56:37] | And he can’t tell you now, can he? | 他也不能自己告诉你 |
[56:42] | People don’t say what they mean, either, | 人们也不总是说真心话 |
[56:44] | So you don’t know anymore about them | 所以你对他们的了解 |
[56:45] | than you do about that dog’s dream. | 并不比狗的梦要多 |
[56:49] | That day you left my house, I saw you stop and look back. | 你离开我家那天 你停下来回头看了看 |
[56:53] | You wanna know what could make somebody like me. | 你想知道一个人怎会沦落到我这样 |
[56:57] | Well, here you are, son. Here you are. | 答案就在这里 孩子 就在这里 |
[57:19] | I better stop and tell Frank we’re back. | 我最好去弗兰克那里告诉他我们回来了 |
[57:22] | He’s probably thrown two or three hissy fits by now. | 他很可能已经暴跳如雷了 |
[57:26] | You can stay in the house with me tonight. | 今晚你可以和我住一起 |
[57:27] | I can take you back in the morning. | 我可以明早送你回去 |
[57:29] | Well, I’ve stayed with nobody in a long while. | 我一直一个人待着 |
[57:33] | – Well, it’s fine if you want to. – Yeah. | -如果你喜欢那也没什么 -是啊 |
[57:36] | Wait. Stop. Let me out. Stop the car. | 停下 让我下车 停下车 |
[57:39] | – What? – Stop it. Let me out. | -什么 -停车 让我下去 |
[57:42] | Let me out! | 让我下去 |
[57:46] | Put the money in a casket. | 把钱放到棺材里 |
[57:47] | You can’t walk. It’s too far. You might as well get back in. | 你不能走回去 太远了 你最好进来 |
[57:50] | I’m gonna follow you the whole way. | 我会一直跟着你的 |
[57:51] | Get the hell out of here, boy. Go on! | 走你的吧 快走吧 |
[58:20] | They keep talking about forgiveness, ask Jesus for forgiveness. | 他们总是说宽恕 恳请上帝宽恕 |
[58:28] | I never did nothing to him. | 我没动过他 |
[58:57] | Frank, I’m back here. | 弗兰克 我回来了 |
[59:04] | Frank? | 弗兰克 |
[59:45] | Frank. In here. | 弗兰克 我在这 |
[1:00:00] | Here, follow it. | 盯着它 |
[1:00:06] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[1:00:09] | I was putting the money in, | 我正在把钱放进去 |
[1:00:11] | And I heard some glass breaking. | 突然听到玻璃破掉的声音 |
[1:00:15] | I locked up the casket and then, boom. | 我把棺材锁了起来 然后就被打晕了 |
[1:00:22] | You did good. | 你做的很好 |
[1:00:25] | It didn’t feel good. | 感觉可不太好 |
[1:00:48] | Please, ma’am. Please. | 求你了 夫人 求你了 |
[1:01:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:31] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[1:01:35] | Can I sit down? | 我能坐下吗 |
[1:01:37] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 夫人 |
[1:01:45] | Now. | 那么 |
[1:01:53] | You wanna know why I have your sister’s picture on my wall. | 你想知道为什么我会挂着你姐姐的照片 |
[1:01:57] | I’m not stupid, Felix. | 我不傻 菲利克斯 |
[1:02:00] | I take that back. | 我收回这句话 |
[1:02:03] | How long was it going on? | 这事有多久了 |
[1:02:06] | She was already married when I met you. | 我遇到你时 她已经结婚了 |
[1:02:07] | Were you just making up to me to get to her? | 你是为了她才接近我的吗 |
[1:02:14] | If you’re not gonna talk, leave. | 如果你什么都不说 那就走吧 |
[1:02:20] | Can you help who you love? | 你能控制自己爱谁吗 |
[1:02:24] | I’ve had 40 years to think about it. I still don’t know. | 我花了四十年去思考 还是没有答案 |
[1:02:29] | Now, I’d like to tell you how it was. | 现在我想告诉你这一切 |
[1:02:31] | Now, if you don’t want me to, I’ll go. | 如果你不想让我说 我可以走 |
[1:02:33] | – Don’t lie to me, Felix. – No, ma’am. | -别对我说谎 菲利克斯 -不会 夫人 |
[1:02:45] | When did you take up with her? | 你什么时候爱上她的 |
[1:02:51] | I came to see you. | 我去看你的时候 |
[1:02:54] | And she was there, hanging clothes on the line with your mama. | 她正在和你妈妈一起晾衣服 |
[1:02:58] | She turned around. | 她转过身 |
[1:03:00] | I promise you, | 可以说 |
[1:03:02] | I did not know that I had a heart until right then. | 那一刻 我才知道什么叫怦然心动 |
[1:03:10] | You was a fine, fine girl. | 你是个非常好的女孩 |
[1:03:12] | I didn’t know why you wanted anything to do with me. | 我根本配不上你 |
[1:03:15] | But I was gonna keep coming to see you till my luck run out. | 但在你发现以前 我会一直跟你交往 |
[1:03:19] | And then… | 然后 |
[1:03:20] | – She was married. – Yeah. | -她结婚了 -是啊 |
[1:03:22] | And she wasn’t just my sister. she was my best friend. | 她不仅是我的姐姐 还是我最好的朋友 |
[1:03:25] | We told each other everything. | 我们无话不说 |
[1:03:28] | I can’t… | 我不能 |
[1:03:35] | How long did it go on? | 这事持续了多久 |
[1:03:42] | How long? | 多久 |
[1:03:48] | It’s still going on. | 从未停止过 |
[1:04:02] | Did you have anything to do with her death? | 你跟她的死有关系吗 |
[1:04:05] | Her what? | 什么 |
[1:04:11] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[1:04:18] | Felix. | 菲利克斯 |
[1:04:21] | Felix, get out of my house. | 菲利克斯 滚出去 |
[1:04:27] | Now! | 现在 |
[1:04:31] | You go to hell. | 你去死吧 |
[1:04:37] | Felix. Felix. | 菲利克斯 |
[1:04:42] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[1:04:50] | You need to see a doctor. | 你得去看医生了 |
[1:05:44] | Whoa. | 是谁 |
[1:05:45] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[1:05:52] | – What? they get it? – Buddy sealed it in a casket. | -东西被偷了吗 -巴迪把它封在棺材里了 |
[1:05:56] | – Took a crack on the head though. – Is he all right? | -但他头上被打了一下 -他没事吧 |
[1:05:58] | – Yeah – You sure. | -没事 -你确定吗 |
[1:06:00] | I was an army medic. he’ll be fine. | 我以前是军医 他没事 |
[1:06:03] | But you ought to take those clothes back and get something in your size. | 但你得把衣服拿回去重新裁一下 |
[1:06:08] | They get the whiskey? | 威士忌还在吗 |
[1:06:22] | Well, I’ve been thinking. | 我一直在想 |
[1:06:24] | What if we had the party at your place? | 我们在你家办葬礼怎么样 |
[1:06:28] | You know, people will wanna see the land they’re getting. | 人们会想看看他们将要得到的土地 |
[1:06:31] | I don’t know. Don’t know. | 我不知道 不知道 |
[1:06:33] | Well, it’s something to think about. | 这事值得考虑 |
[1:06:35] | – Yeah, well. Don’t know. – We could… | -不知道 -我们可以… |
[1:06:39] | Don’t know that I’m doing it. | 我不知道我在做什么 |
[1:06:43] | What? | 什么 |
[1:06:45] | I’m thinking of calling it off. | 我在想取消葬礼 |
[1:06:48] | No. You can’t. | 不 你不能 |
[1:06:49] | I can do any damn thing I want. | 我想干什么是我的事 |
[1:06:51] | – No. No. – I say no, you don’t say no. | -不行 -我可以说”不” 你不行 |
[1:06:53] | Now, goddamn, you send that money back, all right? | 现在 你把钱都送回去 听到没有 |
[1:06:55] | – You’re killing me. – Oh, yeah? | -你想杀了我吗 -可以吗 |
[1:06:56] | I bought things. l’ve hired people. | 我买了东西 我雇了人 |
[1:07:00] | Promised money. | 谈好了价钱 |
[1:07:01] | Everybody in town is hoping to get… | 镇上的每个人都希望 |
[1:07:05] | you know, this thing going. It’s big. | 这件事继续下去 这是件大事 |
[1:07:06] | I care about this town as much as they care about me. | 我不在乎这个镇子 就像他们不在乎我 |
[1:07:11] | It’s what you said you wanted. | 你说过这是你想要的 |
[1:07:13] | And I busted my ass for you. So now, why don’t you want it anymore? | 我为你尽心竭力 现在你又说不想要了 |
[1:07:22] | It was the end-of-the-line, tell-it-all, | 这次主题为”诀别” “昭告” |
[1:07:24] | get-out-of-jail party. | “出狱”的聚会 |
[1:07:28] | But I guess I haven’t got the goddamn guts to speak for myself. | 但我想我没有勇气说出一切 |
[1:07:30] | And I can find nobody else to talk for me, so… | 也找不到人替我说出一切 所以… |
[1:07:34] | Hell with it. The hell with me. | 让它见鬼去吧 我也见鬼去 |
[1:07:38] | Step back. Thank you. | 让开 谢谢 |
[1:08:02] | Can’t you see? | 你能看见东西吗 |
[1:08:04] | I see that you’re mad. | 我看到你疯了 |
[1:08:06] | I’m not mad. I’m concerned. | 我没疯 我只是关心你 |
[1:08:12] | No, you’re mad. | 不 你疯了 |
[1:08:15] | If I could get my hands on whoever did that to you, | 要是让我抓到那个下毒手的人 |
[1:08:18] | you could see mad. | 你就会看到什么叫发疯 |
[1:08:22] | Buddy, you up? | 巴迪 起来了吗 |
[1:08:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:08:26] | Trouble. | 有麻烦了 |
[1:08:27] | What’s the matter? | 出什么事了 |
[1:08:29] | Bush is pulling out. | 布什不干了 |
[1:08:31] | – What? – What happened yesterday? | -什么 -昨晚发生了什么事 |
[1:08:33] | Well, I told you. We went to illinois to see a preacher. | 我说了 我们去伊利诺斯州见一位教士 |
[1:08:36] | Yeah, but what happened? | 知道 但具体什么情况 |
[1:08:37] | Well, he wanted the preacher to come to the funeral. And he said no. | 他希望教士来参加葬礼 但被拒绝了 |
[1:08:40] | Son of a bitch. That’s gotta be it. | 狗娘养的 肯定是这原因 |
[1:08:45] | Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[1:08:48] | – All right, where’s the preacher? – It won’t do you any good. | -教士在哪 -找他也没用 |
[1:08:51] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:08:53] | Well, he knows something about Bush, | 他知道一些关于布什的事情 |
[1:08:56] | and it’s something bad, I think. | 我猜不是什么好事 |
[1:08:57] | Well, if Bush wants him, by god, | 如果布什需要他 我主在上 |
[1:08:59] | Bush is gonna get him. | 他就得来 |
[1:09:00] | You want eggs, Frank, or will the skillet do? | 弗兰克 要来点鸡蛋吗 还是来一锅子? |
[1:09:03] | What? | 什么 |
[1:09:04] | My husband has his head bashed in, | 有人打了我老公的脑袋 |
[1:09:06] | and all you care about is this party. | 而你却只关心这个聚会 |
[1:09:07] | That’s not how it is, Katie. | 事情不是这样的 凯蒂 |
[1:09:09] | It’s not like that. This is for all of us. | 不是这样 这事是为了我们大家 |
[1:09:11] | You’re like family to me. | 你们对我来说就像家人 |
[1:09:14] | Well, this isn’t how family acts. | 家人不会像你这样 |
[1:09:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:09:25] | I haven’t had any practice. | 我应该事先演习一番 |
[1:09:39] | Stay out of her way today, partner. | 伙计 今天可别惹她 |
[1:10:13] | That’s good. Do it one more time, honey. | 很好 再弹一遍 宝贝 |
[1:10:28] | Reverend Jackson? | 杰克逊教士 |
[1:10:31] | Frank Quinn. Quinn funeral home. | 我叫弗兰克·奎恩 来自奎恩殡仪馆 |
[1:10:33] | I was gonna play some dominos this afternoon. | 我今天下午本想玩多米诺骨牌 |
[1:10:36] | But something told me to stay home. | 但感觉告诉我最好呆在家里 |
[1:10:41] | I should have played dominos. | 我应该去玩多米诺骨牌的 |
[1:10:44] | – Is he out there? – Bush? no, sir. | -他在外面吗 -布什 他不在 先生 |
[1:10:48] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[1:10:50] | Pretty sure. | 非常确定 |
[1:10:51] | Did you check the back? | 你没回头望望吗 |
[1:11:04] | You told Bush you wouldn’t come to the funeral? | 你跟布什说不来参加葬礼了吗 |
[1:11:06] | If he got that, why are you here? | 他已经知道了 你还来干嘛 |
[1:11:09] | First off, Bush doesn’t know that I’m here. | 首先 布什并不知道我在这 |
[1:11:12] | I wouldn’t be so sure about that. | 我表示怀疑 |
[1:11:15] | He has a way of making people do what he wants. | 他有一种操纵人心的本事 |
[1:11:20] | Is he really a hermit? | 他真的是一个隐士吗 |
[1:11:33] | He came to see me after he’d been here. Wants to cancel the party. | 他从这回去以后就找我 说想取消聚会 |
[1:11:37] | I don’t care. | 我不关心 |
[1:11:38] | He said he wanted an end-of-the-line, tell-it-all, | 他曾说想办一个”诀别” “昭告” |
[1:11:41] | Get-out-of-jail funeral. | “出狱”葬礼 |
[1:11:42] | But that he didn’t have the guts to open his mouth. | 但却没有勇气开口 |
[1:11:45] | And he couldn’t get anybody to talk for him. | 也找不到替他代言的人 |
[1:11:49] | At first, he wanted anybody with a story about him to come, | 起先 他想让来者讲讲关于他的故事 |
[1:11:53] | but he didn’t wanna hear their bullshit stories. | 但他不想听那些扯淡的事情 |
[1:11:56] | Pardon my language. | 抱歉我粗鄙的用词 |
[1:11:58] | He wants to tell one. | 他想亲口说 |
[1:11:59] | About time. | 确实是时候了 |
[1:12:00] | Whatever he did has been locked up in him for 40 years, | 那段前尘往事已被他锁在心底四十多年 |
[1:12:03] | he can’t get it out. | 他说不出口 |
[1:12:05] | I think he told you, and he wants you to tell it for him. | 他肯定和你谈过 希望你为他代言 |
[1:12:08] | Because he won’t. | 因为他不愿意开口 |
[1:12:09] | Or can’t. | 也许是开不了口 |
[1:12:11] | Or won’t. | 也许是不愿意 |
[1:12:14] | Or can’t. | 也许是开不了口 |
[1:12:17] | At least he wants to get the truth out. | 至少他想让真相大白于天下 |
[1:12:20] | Give him that. | 帮帮他 |
[1:12:22] | I’ll think about it. | 我考虑一下 |
[1:12:26] | – Is there a boarding house near here? – I said I’d think. | -这附近有公寓吗 -我说了会考虑 |
[1:12:29] | But if you’re not coming, I’m not going back. | 如果你不来 我是不会回去的 |
[1:12:33] | I made promises I can’t keep to people I care about. | 我向亲近的人许下了无法达成的诺言 |
[1:12:37] | This falls apart, nobody’s gonna blame Bush. | 这事告吹了 没人会指责布什 |
[1:12:42] | Bank will take my business. | 银行会收回我的产业 |
[1:12:47] | If I’m gonna have to start over again, it might as well be from here. | 要是重新来过 还是从此事开始为好 |
[1:13:56] | What are you doing, sir? | 你在干什么 先生 |
[1:13:59] | Getting me a suntan. | 太阳浴 |
[1:14:08] | You stuck? | 你动不了了吗 |
[1:14:09] | You have no goddamn idea how right you are, boy. | 你说得太他妈对了 孩子 |
[1:14:15] | I’ll sit here a minute. | 我在这坐一下 |
[1:14:17] | How’s your head? | 你脑袋怎么样了 |
[1:14:21] | – It’s all right. – Yeah? | -还好 -是吗 |
[1:14:23] | Well, we’re a pair, ain’t we? | 我们同命相连 不是吗 |
[1:14:29] | You know who hurt you? | 你知道是谁打的你吗 |
[1:14:31] | No, sir. | 不知道 先生 |
[1:14:32] | Sons of bitches. | 那些狗娘养的 |
[1:14:39] | You sick? | 你病了吗 |
[1:14:42] | Just going through the motions. | 在夹缝中挣扎而已 |
[1:14:44] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[1:14:45] | There’s alive and there’s dead. | 世间有生有死 |
[1:14:48] | And there’s a worse place in between them, | 游离两者之间最是痛不欲生 |
[1:14:52] | that I hope you never know nothing about. | 你最好永远也别体会这各中滋味 |
[1:14:59] | Listen, Frank went somewhere, | 是这样 弗兰克出门了 |
[1:15:03] | and the money’s gone. | 钱也没了 |
[1:15:10] | You figure he took off with it? | 你觉得他把钱都卷跑了吗 |
[1:15:12] | I don’t wanna think that, | 我不愿意那么想 |
[1:15:15] | but the money’s not in the casket. | 但钱不在棺材里 |
[1:15:18] | He said he was gonna call, and I ain’t heard from him. | 他说过会打电话 但杳无音信 |
[1:15:25] | Well, what do you wanna do? | 你有什么打算 |
[1:15:35] | I wanna make you a funeral, if you still want one. | 如果你还愿意 我想给你办一个葬礼 |
[1:15:47] | Well, do it if you want to. | 你想办就办 |
[1:15:54] | I guess, for everyone like me, | 我想 像你我这样的人 |
[1:15:58] | there’s one like you, son. | 总是相伴而生 |
[1:16:02] | I ’bout forgot that. | 我差点忘记了这一点 |
[1:16:41] | I’m glad you decided to come, sir. | 很高兴你决定来了 先生 |
[1:16:43] | Free will is not all it’s cracked up to be. | 自由意志不可信 |
[1:16:46] | Did you take the money out of the casket? | 你把钱从棺材里拿走了吗 |
[1:16:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:16:52] | Well, why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么不告诉我 |
[1:16:55] | I forgot. | 我忘了 |
[1:16:58] | You forgot? | 你忘了? |
[1:17:02] | Well, where is it? | 钱在哪 |
[1:17:03] | It’s in the hearse under the floorboards. | 在殡仪车的车底板 |
[1:17:08] | – What? – Nobody steals a hearse. | -什么 -没人会去偷殡仪车 |
[1:17:13] | Now, all we gotta do is get the preacher over to Bush and… | 现在只要把教士带到布什身边 然后… |
[1:17:16] | Yeah, I forgot to tell you, Bush already said he’d do it. | 忘了告诉你们 布什已经说了要办葬礼 |
[1:17:21] | Where can I catch a train? | 我去哪儿赶火车 |
[1:17:23] | You can’t leave. You just got here. | 你不能走 你才刚到 |
[1:17:25] | Watch and learn. | 走着瞧 |
[1:17:28] | You might need two canes. | 你也许需要两根手杖 |
[1:17:30] | Where’s the train station? | 火车站在哪 |
[1:17:31] | Sure you wouldn’t rather have a drink first? | 你确定不先喝一杯吗 |
[1:17:34] | I am out of here. | 我走了 |
[1:18:04] | Expecting a crowd? | 没想到人头攒动啊 |
[1:18:48] | You asked for it, you old ornery son of a bitch. yeah. | 都是你自找的 你这个狗娘养的老东西 |
[1:18:53] | But what are you gonna do now? | 看你现在怎么办 |
[1:19:56] | Pretty nice jail. | 相当不错的囹圄 |
[1:19:59] | Why’d you change your mind, Charlie? | 你为什么改变主意了 查理 |
[1:20:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:20:10] | How do you wanna do this? | 你想怎么做 |
[1:20:11] | I don’t. | 我不想 |
[1:20:14] | I’m gonna try and tell it, Charlie. I really am. | 我想讲出真相 查理 这次是真的 |
[1:20:16] | But if I can’t get it done, would you do it? | 但如果我做不到 你能替我说吗 |
[1:20:19] | I want it said, so… | 我想让大家知道… |
[1:20:21] | Please, sir. | 拜托了 先生 |
[1:20:29] | Tell them the box is in the barn. | 告诉他们 箱子在牲畜棚里 |
[1:21:19] | Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. | 下午好 女士们 先生们 |
[1:21:21] | I’m Frank Quinn of Quinn funeral home. | 我是奎恩殡仪馆的弗兰克·奎恩 |
[1:21:25] | Welcome, | 欢迎你们 |
[1:21:27] | to the live funeral party of Mr. Felix Bush. | 来参加菲利克斯·布什先生的活死人葬礼 |
[1:21:35] | I’ve done a lot of things in my life, | 我一生所做的事不计其数 |
[1:21:36] | but I’ve never done this. | 但这种事还是头一遭 |
[1:21:39] | I bet none of you have, either. | 我想你们也一样 |
[1:21:41] | I bet no one has. | 所有人都一样 |
[1:21:44] | The person that made all this happen for us | 策划这一切的幕后功臣 |
[1:21:46] | doesn’t like the spotlight. | 并不喜欢站在聚光灯下 |
[1:21:49] | But Mr. Buddy Robinson | 但巴迪·罗宾森先生 |
[1:21:51] | is the heart of Quinn funeral home, | 是奎恩殡仪馆的骨干人物 |
[1:21:54] | and I’m proud to know him. | 能认识他 我很自豪 |
[1:21:58] | Many of you have heard stories about Mr. Bush. | 很多人都听说过布什先生的故事 |
[1:22:02] | But today, I’m told that we’re going to hear another kind of story. | 但今天 我们会听到一个与众不同的故事 |
[1:22:09] | His. | 他自己的故事 |
[1:22:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:23:05] | I’m reverend Charlie Jackson. | 我是查理·杰克逊教士 |
[1:23:11] | We like to imagine that | 我们认为 |
[1:23:13] | good and bad, | 善与恶 |
[1:23:15] | right and wrong | 对与错 |
[1:23:19] | are miles apart. | 相距千里 |
[1:23:21] | But the truth is, | 但事实是 |
[1:23:23] | very often, they’re all tangled up with each other. | 它们常常彼此纠结不清 |
[1:23:28] | Some 40 years ago, | 大约四十年前 |
[1:23:31] | Felix dropped into my life. | 菲利克斯闯进了我的生活 |
[1:23:36] | And then he dropped out. | 然后他又消失不见 |
[1:23:40] | In between, | 在这期间 |
[1:23:43] | he built the most beautiful | 他建造了一座我见过的 |
[1:23:48] | Sanctuary that I have ever seen. | 最美丽的神殿 |
[1:23:59] | A lot of wonderful things happened in that church. | 那座教堂里发生了很多动人的故事 |
[1:24:03] | That’s it, Charlie. Thank you, Charlie. Thank you very much. | 够了 查理 谢谢 查理 非常感谢 |
[1:24:06] | You’re a good man, Charlie. thank you. | 你是个好人 查理 谢谢 |
[1:24:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:24:19] | I had to go clear to Illinois to find | 估计我扫遍伊利诺伊州 |
[1:24:21] | somebody who had anything good to say about me. | 也找不到几个说我好话的人 |
[1:24:24] | Hell of a thing. yeah. | 真够行的 |
[1:24:31] | So. | 那么 |
[1:24:40] | Now… | 现在 |
[1:24:42] | I’m not a smart man or a wise one. | 我既不聪明也不睿智 |
[1:24:45] | I don’t know what kind of man l am. | 我都不知道我是什么样的人 |
[1:24:47] | I was always restless. | 过去总是安定不下来 |
[1:24:48] | Thought I’d see the world, | 以为自己可以去探寻世界 |
[1:24:52] | but I didn’t go nowhere on purpose | 但最终也没能带着志向远行 |
[1:24:54] | because I did something I was ashamed of. | 因为我做了一件令自己羞愧的事情 |
[1:25:00] | Something I could never fix. | 一件永远无法弥补的事情 |
[1:25:03] | Y’all probably think you know what you’d do, | 也许你们自以为知道该做什么 |
[1:25:04] | or what you wouldn’t, | 不该做什么 |
[1:25:05] | and I wish you good luck with that. I really do. | 我祝你们好运 真心诚意 |
[1:25:09] | When I told Charlie what I’d done, | 当查理得知了我的所作所为 |
[1:25:13] | he told me to confess to god and the law… | 他说我要向上帝忏悔 向法律忏悔 |
[1:25:16] | you know, somebody else, so I could get forgiveness. | 还有其他人 这样就会得到宽恕 |
[1:25:21] | But I didn’t want forgiveness. No. | 但不我想获得宽恕 不想 |
[1:25:25] | I needed to hold on to what I did, | 我要记住自己的所作所为 |
[1:25:28] | to be sick from it every day of my life. | 每一天都为之感到恶心 |
[1:25:30] | So that I never told nobody else, you see. | 所以我从没告诉过其他人 |
[1:25:36] | Nobody. | 无人知晓 |
[1:25:56] | I fell in love with a married lady, | 我爱上了一位已婚女士 |
[1:25:58] | and somehow, she fell in love with me. | 碰巧 她也爱上了我 |
[1:26:05] | The only time that I have been in love. | 我一生中唯一一次爱恋 |
[1:26:10] | We made a plan to run off and start a new life, a family. | 我们计划私奔 重新生活 组一个家庭 |
[1:26:14] | But somehow, | 然而 |
[1:26:16] | she didn’t show up when we said we’d meet, | 她并没有在我们约好的地方现身 |
[1:26:20] | and I got a funny feeling. | 当时我感觉不妙 |
[1:26:28] | Her husband answered the door. He had blood on him. | 她丈夫开的门 全身是血 |
[1:26:33] | I hit him pretty hard and knocked him down. | 我痛揍他一顿 将他打倒在地 |
[1:26:36] | I can’t remember going upstairs. | 我不记得怎么上的楼 |
[1:26:38] | I remember there was a hammer on the steps | 只记得有一把锤子在台阶上 |
[1:26:41] | that was covered with blood and hair. | 上面满是血和发丝 |
[1:26:45] | And I found her in the bedroom, crawling across the floor. | 我在卧室找到了她 她匍匐在地上 |
[1:26:49] | Before I could get to her and help her up, | 在我将她抱起来前 |
[1:26:53] | a kerosene lamp hit the wall and exploded. | 一个煤油灯撞到了墙上 四分五裂 |
[1:26:57] | And then her husband, he jumped on my back. | 她丈夫跳到我的背上 |
[1:26:59] | Boy, I had him. boy, I had… I had him. | 我制住了他 我制住了他 |
[1:27:08] | But it’s funny what happens, | 但事情很戏剧性 |
[1:27:09] | sometimes, when things go wrong. | 有时 一旦事情出了差错 |
[1:27:11] | It’s like the clock stops, | 就好像时间突然停滞 |
[1:27:15] | and you have all the time in the world to think. | 你有无限时间来思考 |
[1:27:19] | I could see that her husband set the downstairs | 我知道是她丈夫上来之前 |
[1:27:21] | on fire before he came up, | 在楼下放的火 |
[1:27:24] | You see. | 明白吗 |
[1:27:25] | And as I was slamming his head into the wall, | 就在我把他的头撞向墙壁 |
[1:27:28] | trying to get shed of him, | 让他头破血流时 |
[1:27:29] | It came to me clear as anything, | 我突然明白过来 |
[1:27:34] | that this was all my fault. | 这全都是我的过错 |
[1:27:40] | If I’d just | 如果我 |
[1:27:43] | never spoke to her. | 从没和她讲过话 |
[1:27:46] | And as I was thinking about that, | 就在这个念头出现在我脑海时 |
[1:27:48] | I could see the lamp that he threw, | 他扔的那盏煤油灯 |
[1:27:49] | it set the room we were in on fire, too. | 让我们待的屋子变成火海 |
[1:27:51] | And then I realized that… | 然后我意识到… |
[1:27:55] | that I was on fire. | 我身上着火了 |
[1:28:03] | Tried to put myself out. I couldn’t. | 我想夺路逃走 但无能为力 |
[1:28:04] | I dropped him, I turned around, and I was so confused. | 我扔下他 回过身 晕头转向 |
[1:28:09] | And I looked down, and I saw her lying on the floor, | 我向下看 只见她躺在地板上 |
[1:28:13] | and I called out her name. | 我大叫着她的名字 |
[1:28:15] | You know her name, Mattie. | 你知道她的名字 玛蒂 |
[1:28:17] | Mary Lee. sometimes I called her Mary Lou for fun. | 玛丽·李 有时为了逗她也叫她玛丽丽 |
[1:28:24] | And then I called out her name again and… | 然后我又喊她的名字 |
[1:28:32] | I could see, | 我知道 |
[1:28:42] | that my only love, | 我唯一的爱人 |
[1:28:45] | and your sister, | 你的姐姐 |
[1:28:48] | was on fire, | 已被火焰吞噬 |
[1:28:50] | and… | 而我 |
[1:28:53] | I’m so ashamed. | 我羞愧不已 |
[1:29:02] | I reached down, and l tried to help her up, | 我下了楼 试着将她救起 |
[1:29:07] | and the next thing I knew, | 再接下来 |
[1:29:11] | I was flying, you see. | 我飞出去了 |
[1:29:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:29:18] | I was flying. | 我飞出去了 |
[1:29:23] | I don’t know how I got out the window. | 我不知道我是怎么迸出窗户的 |
[1:29:26] | No matter how many times I play it in my mind, | 不管这事在我脑中回放了多少次 |
[1:29:29] | I can’t remember jumping. | 我都不记得自己跳过 |
[1:29:30] | I thought I killed him. | 我以为他已经被我杀死 |
[1:29:31] | But maybe he pushed me. | 但也许是他推的我 |
[1:29:34] | I don’t know, see. | 我不知道 |
[1:29:36] | But I swear to you, | 但我向你们发誓 |
[1:29:41] | if I left her in there, | 如果是我抛下她 |
[1:29:45] | everything I know about myself is a lie. | 那我所有的自我认定就都是假象 |
[1:29:49] | But that don’t matter. | 但已经无关紧要了 |
[1:29:51] | That don’t matter. | 无关紧要了 |
[1:29:56] | I didn’t get her out, little bit, I didn’t. I’m sorry. | 我没把她救出去 小不点 很抱歉 |
[1:30:04] | And that’s my story. | 这就是我的故事 |
[1:30:08] | I would like forgiveness now, if possible. | 如果可以 我希望现在获得宽恕 |
[1:30:13] | And then, | 然后 |
[1:30:16] | I don’t mind dying for real next time. | 我就死而无憾了 |
[1:30:23] | But please forgive me. | 但请原谅我 |
[1:32:08] | I wonder if | 我想知道 |
[1:32:16] | her hair would be white. | 如今她是否会白发苍苍 |
[1:32:22] | I wonder. Yeah. | 我想知道 真的 |
[1:33:30] | My funeral, and everybody’s in there but me. | 我的葬礼上 所有人都在 除了我 |
[1:34:14] | Well, Felix, I guess this one’s for real. | 菲利克斯 我想这次是真的了 |
[1:34:19] | Now, I didn’t see them put you in that box, actually. | 其实呢 我没看见他们将你放入棺材中 |
[1:34:23] | So… | 那么 |
[1:34:29] | So wherever you are… | 不论你身在何处 |
[1:34:33] | probably giving someone a hard time, | 很可能正给人带来煎熬 |
[1:34:36] | or something wonderful | 或是美好之物 |
[1:34:41] | or priceless. Just to confuse them. | 或是无价之宝 只为混淆视听 |
[1:34:46] | I wish you, | 愿你 |
[1:34:49] | peace, | 安息 |
[1:34:50] | from the burdens of your mind and heart. | 一切羁绊随风而去 |
[1:34:56] | I wish it for us all. | 希望我们都如此 |