| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | Previously on Gilmore Girls. | |
| [00:03] | Independence Inn. Michel speaking. | 独立旅馆 我是Michel | 
| [00:06] | I fixed the peach sauce. | 我做好了桃子酱 | 
| [00:07] | – I wanna take a bath in that sauce. – I will make more. | – 我真想在酱里泡个澡 – 我会多做一些的 | 
| [00:09] | Let Michel look at your French paper before you go. | 走之前让Michel看看你的法语作业 | 
| [00:12] | – Excuse me. – That’d be great. | – 你说什么? – 那真是太好了 | 
| [00:14] | – What’s going on? – Open it. | – 怎么回事? – 打开看看 | 
| [00:15] | – I’m gonna be in a Britney Spears video? – You’re going to Chilton! Sorry. | – 我要去拍小甜甜的音乐录影带了? – 你要去Chilton了!抱歉 | 
| [00:19] | I told Mom you’re changing schools. | 我跟我妈说了你要转学 | 
| [00:20] | – Was she thrilled? – The party’s on Friday. | – 她是不是乐得都抽过去了? – 派对是周五 | 
| [00:22] | I got the invoice for your enrollment fee. | 我收到了入学费用的单据 | 
| [00:25] | You did it, babe. You got in. | 你做到了 宝贝 你被录取了 | 
| [00:26] | Wow, that is a lot of zeros behind that five. | 哇 5后面的0可真多啊 | 
| [00:29] | – Hi, Mom. – Lorelai. My goodness, this is a surprise. | – 嗨 妈妈 – Lorelai! 我的老天 还真是个惊喜啊 | 
| [00:33] | – So, you need money. – It’s not for me. It’s for Rory. | – 你需要钱 – 不是为我 是为Rory | 
| [00:37] | Since we are now financially involved in your life… | 因为我们现在在财政上牵扯进了你的生活… | 
| [00:40] | I want to be actively involved in your life. | 我想要更加深入你的生活 | 
| [00:42] | Ms. Gilmore, I’m Headmaster Charleston. | Gilmore女士 我是Charleston校长 | 
| [00:44] | Mom, what are you doing here? | 妈妈 你在这儿做什么? | 
| [00:46] | I came to wish my granddaughter luck on her first day of school. | 我来祝我外孙女开学第一天顺利 | 
| [00:50] | She is my daughter. And I decide how we live, not you. | 但她是我女儿 我决定我们如何生活 而不是你 | 
| [00:54] | I’m allowed to pay for it but not set foot on the premises. | 我可以为她付钱 但前提却是不能干涉 | 
| [00:57] | – I just wanna get the rules straight. – Oh, boy. | – 我想把规矩搞清楚 – 噢 天哪 | 
| [01:01] | – So this whole plaid skirt thing, my idea? – My day sucked, too. | – 如此看来这花格裙子的生活如我的意吗? – 我这一天也遭透了 | 
| [01:07] | – Dinner was lovely, Emily. – Mira does make a perfect cassoulet. | – 晚餐很棒 Emily – Mira做的锅菜很好吃 | 
| [01:11] | – Who’s Mira? – Our cook. | – 谁是Mira? – 我们的厨师 | 
| [01:14] | – I thought the cook was Heidi. – No, we let Heidi go months ago. | – 我以为你们的厨师是Heidi – 不 我们几个月前就解雇她了 | 
| [01:18] | She had a problem closing things. The door, the refrigerator… | 她关东西方面有问题 门啊 冰箱啊 | 
| [01:21] | The liquor bottle. | 装水的瓶子 | 
| [01:23] | – Then it was Trina, then Sophia. – I liked Sophia. | – 接着是Trina 之后是Sophia – 我喜欢Sophia | 
| [01:27] | – You did not. – I didn’t? | – 你才不喜欢她 – 我不喜欢? | 
| [01:29] | – She was the one who sang. – That’s right. Terrible woman. | – 她是唱歌的那个 – 对啊 可怕的女人 | 
| [01:34] | And after Sophia, we had Anton. | Sophia之后 我们雇用了Anton | 
| [01:36] | That’s right. Anton was the one that I liked. | 没错 Anton是我喜欢的那个 | 
| [01:39] | I’m sorry. Dad, how do you mix up Anton and Sophia? | 对不起 爸爸 你怎么能分不清Anton和Sophia? | 
| [01:44] | – What do you mean? – One is a man and one is a woman. | – 什么意思? – 一个是男的 而另一个是女的 | 
| [01:47] | – And your point being… – That one is a man and one is a woman. | – 你的重点是? – 一个是男的 而另一个是女的 | 
| [01:51] | I have a lot to do in a day, Lorelai. | 我每天有很多事要做 Lorelai | 
| [01:53] | I don’t have time to keep up… | 我没时间跟进 | 
| [01:55] | with the multitudes of people that your mother employs. | 你妈妈雇用的大批厨师 | 
| [01:59] | But one is a man and one is a woman. | 但是一个是男的 而另一个是女的 | 
| [02:05] | – The dinner was so wonderful, Mira. – It’s Sarah. | – 晚餐做的好极了 Mira – 是Sarah | 
| [02:09] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [02:12] | Mom, her name is Sarah. | 妈妈 她叫Sarah | 
| [02:15] | I thought she said Mira. | 我以为她说的Mira | 
| [02:19] | Grandma, these plates are really pretty. | 姥姥 这些盘子真得很漂亮 | 
| [02:22] | Thank you, Rory. They were your great-grandmother’s. | 谢谢 Rory 那些是你曾祖母的 | 
| [02:25] | – Lorelai I. – I thought mom was the first. | – Lorelai一世 – 我以为妈妈是第一个Lorelai | 
| [02:28] | Not in the name. | 不是指第一个用这个名字的 | 
| [02:30] | No, but in so many other things, I was a regular trailblazer. | 恩 但是在其他很多事情上 我都是先驱 | 
| [02:34] | Just finishing your thought, Mom. | 只是把你想的说出来而已 妈妈 | 
| [02:35] | Lorelai I was my mother. | Lorelai一世 是我妈妈 | 
| [02:37] | She was an extremely accomplished equestrian… | 她是个非常出色的骑手 | 
| [02:39] | a distinguished patron of the arts… | 和卓越的艺术赞助人 | 
| [02:41] | and she was also world-famous for her masquerade balls. | 她还因为她办的那些化妆舞会而世界闻名 | 
| [02:45] | She was quite a woman, my mother. | 我的妈妈真的是个了不起的女人 | 
| [02:46] | Yes, she was. Mira, come cut the cake, please. | 是的 Mira 来切一下蛋糕 | 
| [02:49] | Yes, and why don’t you bring Sarah out here with you? | 恩 顺便也把Sarah叫来一下 | 
| [03:51] | So, Lorelai, how are things at that charming little inn of yours? | Lorelai 你那间迷人的小旅馆怎么样了? | 
| [03:56] | They’re still charming and little. | 仍旧小而迷人 | 
| [03:57] | We’re crossing our fingers it doesn’t assert itself and become rude and large. | 我们一直祈求它不要轻易地变粗鲁和巨大 | 
| [04:01] | Mom’s having a huge wedding there this week. | 妈妈那里这周会办个盛大的婚礼 | 
| [04:03] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 是的 | 
| [04:05] | There’s people coming from all over the country. | 事实上 有来自全国各地的人来参加婚礼 | 
| [04:07] | – Isn’t that nice? – Yeah. | – 那不是很好吗? – 没错 | 
| [04:09] | – Rory, how’s Chilton? – Okay, done with me now. | – Rory Chilton怎么样? – 好了 问完我了 | 
| [04:12] | I’m sorry, was there more to the story? | 抱歉 有更多的故事吗? | 
| [04:14] | – Rory has to pick a team sport to play. – It’s a requirement. | – Rory必须得选择一项团体运动 – 那是必修的 | 
| [04:18] | “Physical fitness is as important as intellectual fitness.” | 体能和智能同等重要 | 
| [04:21] | – So says Plato, and so say I. – What sport are you going to pick? | – 柏拉图这么说过 我也这么认为 – 你准备选哪项运动? | 
| [04:26] | I’m not sure. I’m not really the athletic type. | 我还没决定 我不是运动型的 | 
| [04:28] | I told her she should go out for the debating team. | 我告诉她 她该去辩论队 | 
| [04:31] | – That’s not a sport. – It is, the way the Gilmores play. | – 那不是运动 – 是Gilmore一家的运动方式 | 
| [04:34] | – So, what are your choices? – God, there are a thousand of them. | – 可以选择的运动有哪些? – 老天 很多很多 | 
| [04:38] | Basketball, lacrosse, swimming, track, golf. | 篮球 曲棍球 游泳 田径 高尔夫 | 
| [04:42] | – Golf? – Yeah. | – 高尔夫? – 是的 | 
| [04:44] | Your grandfather is a golf player. | 你姥爷会打高尔夫 | 
| [04:47] | He plays every week at the club. He could teach you to play like a pro. | 他每周都在俱乐部打高尔夫 他能教你像职业选手那么打 | 
| [04:50] | He could take you there on Sunday. It’s perfect. | 周日他可以带你去 太好了 | 
| [04:53] | It’s not something you can teach in an afternoon. | 那可不是什么能在一个下午教会的东西 | 
| [04:55] | That’s okay. Rory can pick something else. | 没关系 Rory 可以选其他的运动 | 
| [04:58] | Why should she? | 为什么她该选其他的运动? | 
| [04:59] | She needs to learn a sport, and Richard can teach her a sport. | 她需要学一项运动 而Richard可以教她 | 
| [05:03] | You can use your mother’s old golf clubs. | 你可以用你妈妈以前用的球杆 | 
| [05:05] | They’re gathering dust along with the rest of her potential. | 它们和她的其他潜力一样 沾满了灰尘 | 
| [05:08] | Okay. Mom, could I maybe talk to you for a minute? | 好了 妈妈 我能单独和你聊聊吗? | 
| [05:10] | – We’re having dessert. – I know, but I’d like to talk to you fast… | – 我们马上吃甜点了 – 我知道 但是我会很快说完的 | 
| [05:14] | before the sugar sets in and makes me crazy. | 在甜食没把我变疯之前 | 
| [05:16] | – You are the oddest person. – Too easy. | – 你真是个怪胎 – 太容易了 | 
| [05:19] | What is so important that can’t wait for cake? | 有什么这么重要不能等到吃完蛋糕再说? | 
| [05:22] | Keep moving. | 接着走 | 
| [05:25] | This is as far as I can go, unless I bore my way through the wall. | 我最远只能走到这儿 除非在墙上开个洞 | 
| [05:28] | – Don’t do this, Mom. – Do what? | – 别那样 妈妈 – 别哪样? | 
| [05:30] | – Force Rory and Dad to go golfing. – I’m not forcing anybody. | – 强迫Rory和爸爸一起去打高尔夫 – 我没有强迫任何人 | 
| [05:34] | You’re manipulating the situation, giving no one a way out. | 你在操纵整个局面 每个人都下不了台 | 
| [05:37] | That’s force. Look it up. | 那就是强迫 查查字典吧 | 
| [05:38] | I’m trying to help your daughter get an education. | 我只是想帮你女儿得到体育教育而已 | 
| [05:41] | – Thanks, she’ll find another sport. – Why should she? | – 多谢 她会选其他运动的 – 为什么? | 
| [05:43] | She doesn’t wanna go, and Dad doesn’t wanna take her. | 她不想去 爸爸也不会想带她去 | 
| [05:45] | He doesn’t know what he wants. He’d cut his hair at the butcher’s, if I let him. | 你爸根本不知道想要什么 如果我不管他 他肯定让屠夫帮他剪头发了 | 
| [05:49] | Just let it go, please. | 我们顺其自然吧 | 
| [05:51] | Well, isn’t this interesting? | 这不是很有趣吗? | 
| [05:54] | – You’re afraid. – Of what? | – 你在害怕 – 害怕什么? | 
| [05:57] | That Rory will enjoy the club and have a good time without you. | 害怕Rory会很喜欢俱乐部 没你也过得很高兴 | 
| [06:00] | – That’s crazy. – I agree. | – 太荒唐了 – 我同意 | 
| [06:03] | – I’m not afraid. – Then let her go. | – 我没有害怕 – 那就让她去 | 
| [06:05] | – She won’t enjoy it, Mom. – Why don’t we just let Rory decide? | – 她不会喜欢的 妈妈 – 为什么不能让Rory自己选呢? | 
| [06:09] | Because she’s the sweetest kid in the whole world. | 因为她是世界上最贴心的孩子 | 
| [06:11] | She won’t say she doesn’t wanna go to avoid hurting your feelings. | 她不会说不去 因为她害怕你们伤心 | 
| [06:15] | I’m sure you could give her some coaching to get her over that. | 我相信你能教会她 摆脱这种怕我们伤心的情绪 | 
| [06:18] | I’m not trying to hurt your feelings. Believe it or not, this is not about you. | 我没有试图让你们伤心 信不信由你 这件事和你无关 | 
| [06:22] | Of course it’s about me. | 当然和我有关 | 
| [06:23] | If Rory goes and has a good time without you, then I win. | 如果Rory去了 没有你也玩得很开心 我就赢了 | 
| [06:27] | Okay, Bob Barker. Rory knocks herself out all week at Chilton. | 好了 Bob Barker Rory 一周都在 Chilton跌跌撞撞 (美国哥伦比亚广播公司著名节目主持人) | 
| [06:31] | The weekends are the only time she has to unwind and have fun. | 周末是她唯一能放松和开心的时间 | 
| [06:35] | – With you. – I’m there. | – 和你一起 – 我是在那儿 | 
| [06:37] | So let me get this straight. | 那让我们直截了当地说 | 
| [06:39] | There’s no way that Rory could possibly enjoy… | 没有办法让Rory | 
| [06:41] | a weekend day with her grandfather. | 和她的姥爷一起度过周末的一天 | 
| [06:43] | You’re just gonna twist it all around. | 你又要曲解我的意思了 | 
| [06:45] | You know your daughter so well that you don’t even have to ask her opinion. | 你太了解你的女儿了 根本不用问她的意见 | 
| [06:49] | She’d be miserable, and you’d know it. | 她会很难受 你知道 | 
| [06:51] | I’m so setting myself up here. But, yes, she would be miserable. | 我自认为很了解她了 不过 她确实会很难过 | 
| [06:54] | – That sounds a little controlling to me. – I walked right into that. | – 听上去你的控制欲太强了些 – 我被你说进去了 | 
| [06:58] | Interesting, isn’t it, you being the one who’s controlling? | 真有趣 不是吗? 你现在成了那个控制的人了? | 
| [07:01] | – I am not being… – According to you… | – 我不是… – 根据你的说法 | 
| [07:03] | I was the only one in the family with that gift. | 我是家里唯一有这个天赋的 | 
| [07:05] | I never said that! | 我从没这样说过 | 
| [07:06] | I guess you and I are more alike than you thought, aren’t we? | 我猜我们母女俩比你想的更相像 对吧? | 
| [07:12] | You win. | 你赢了 | 
| [07:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [07:22] | – Did you get blind-sided? I’m so sorry. – That’s okay. | – 你脑袋一片空白了吧?真对不起 – 没事 | 
| [07:26] | – I tried to stop it, I swear. – I know. | – 我发誓我试图阻止的 – 我知道 | 
| [07:28] | – Maybe it won’t be that bad. – Maybe it won’t. | – 也许不会那么糟糕 – 也许不会的 | 
| [07:30] | – Maybe I’ll like it. – Maybe you will. | – 也许我会喜欢的 – 或许你会的 | 
| [07:32] | – Maybe you could come with me. – Is there a You’re Crazy team? | – 也许我可以和我一起去 – 有没有一个“你疯了“队 | 
| [07:35] | – ‘Cause they’d make you captain. – Please. | – 因为他们会让你当队长 – 求求你了 | 
| [07:37] | I love you. I would take a bullet for you. | 我爱你 我甚至愿意帮你挡子弹 | 
| [07:40] | But I’d rather stick a sharp thing in my ear than go to the club. | 但是我情愿往耳朵里插利刃 也不愿去俱乐部 | 
| [07:43] | Fine. | 算了 | 
| [07:44] | I’d rather slide down a banister of razorblades… | 我情愿从刀片做成的楼梯扶手上滑下来 | 
| [07:46] | and land in a pool of alcohol than go to the club with you. | 落在一池酒里 也不要和你去俱乐部 | 
| [07:49] | – I got it. – Don’t stop me, I’m on a roll. | – 我明白了 – 不要阻止我 我要接着说 | 
| [07:51] | I’d rather eat my own hand than go to the club with you. | 我情愿吃了自己的手 也不要去俱乐部 | 
| [07:54] | I’d rather surgically alter my face to look like the mad rich lady with the lion head… | 我情愿整容成一个有狮子头的疯狂富婆 | 
| [07:59] | than go to the club with you. | 也不去俱乐部 | 
| [08:00] | Would you like me to drive so you can continue your diatribe? | 想让我帮你开车 你接着骂吗? | 
| [08:03] | Would you? Thanks. I’d rather cut off my head and use it as a punch bowl… | 你愿意开车? 谢谢 我情愿砍下我的头来盛酒 | 
| [08:06] | than go to the club with you. | 也不去俱乐部 | 
| [08:15] | You’ll walk down here, over the bridge… | 你们走下来 穿过这座桥 | 
| [08:18] | with the swans floating by and the music playing. | 天鹅漂浮在水面上 音乐演奏着 | 
| [08:20] | What are they doing with those purple flowers? | 他们用紫色的花在做什么? | 
| [08:22] | Just decorating the bridge. | 只是在装饰桥而已 | 
| [08:24] | I didn’t want purple flowers. I wanted pink. | 我不要紫色的花 我要的是粉红的 | 
| [08:26] | And I wanted blue. | 我要的是蓝色的 | 
| [08:28] | So I thought violet would be a nice compromise. | 所以我认为紫罗兰色 是个不错的折衷 | 
| [08:30] | – But we paid for pink flowers. – And the blue flowers. | – 但是我们付钱买的粉色的花 – 还有蓝色的花 | 
| [08:33] | You did not pay for anything. I told her to decorate with violet flowers. | 你什么都没有付 我让她用紫罗兰色的花来装饰的 | 
| [08:37] | It’s nice of her to try to take the heat for me, but it’s unnecessary. | 她善意地想帮我背黑锅 但是没必要 | 
| [08:40] | If you don’t like it, buy your own flowers. | 如果你不喜欢 就自己花钱买喜欢的花 | 
| [08:47] | Yes. I thought so. | 好了 那就这样了 | 
| [08:50] | Now, go away. My Advil is wearing off. | 现在 走开 Advil(止痛药)的药效过了 | 
| [08:58] | – Their father spoiled them. – They’re just excited. | – 她们的父亲把他们宠坏 – 她们只是兴奋而已 | 
| [09:01] | They’re spoiled. | 她们被宠坏了 | 
| [09:04] | And they won’t move away. | 而且她们不想搬家 | 
| [09:08] | – Now, disaster list. What if it rains? – We’ll put up tents. | – 现在 意外事件列表 如果下雨了怎么办? – 我们会搭雨棚 | 
| [09:12] | – What if it’s too windy? – We’ll secure everything… | – 如果刮风呢? – 我们会固定好一切 | 
| [09:14] | and put extra hairspray in everybody’s hair. | 还会喷更多定型者哩在每个人的头上 | 
| [09:16] | Too hot? | 太热呢? | 
| [09:17] | Umbrellas and fans that won’t cause any damage… | 雨伞和扇子 不会造成任何损害 | 
| [09:20] | because of the things that have been secured and hair that’s been sprayed. | 因为东西都固定了 头发也定型了 | 
| [09:23] | – So I have nothing to worry about? – No. | – 那我没什么可担心的? – 没有 | 
| [09:25] | – There must be something. – Listen, I have everything under control. | – 肯定还有什么让人操心的 – 听着 一切都尽在掌握中 | 
| [09:29] | Go to your room and have a fabulous bubble bath. | 回房去 泡个香喷喷的澡 | 
| [09:31] | I’ll send up some wine… | 我会送点酒上去的 | 
| [09:33] | and a masseuse who bears a remarkable resemblance to Antonio Banderas. | 还有一个很出色的女按摩师 她的技术可以和Antonio Banderas相比较 | 
| [09:37] | – How remarkable? – Get ready to applaud. | – 有多出色? – 准备好拍手叫好 | 
| [09:41] | This is my favorite place in the whole world. | 全世界 我最喜欢这个地方了 | 
| [09:58] | Could you send Maury up to Room 12 in about 20 minutes? Thanks. | 能20分钟之内送Maury到12号房? 谢谢 | 
| [10:02] | – So, any problems? – With the wedding or my life? | – 有问题吗? – 关于婚礼还是我的人生? | 
| [10:06] | One guess. And I’ll give you a hint: It’s not your life. | 猜一次 给你点提示 不是你的人生 | 
| [10:08] | – Do you stage these events to torture me? – Yes. | – 你安排这些事情来折磨我吗? – 没错 | 
| [10:11] | – Job well done. – Okay, let’s start again. Any problems? | – 干得好 – 好吧 我们再来一次 有问题吗? | 
| [10:16] | Guests are checked in, baskets are given out… | 宾客都签到了 篮子都送出去了 | 
| [10:19] | and 200,000 tons of Jordan almonds have been delivered. | 200,000 吨约旦杏 已经送来了 | 
| [10:23] | – Okay, good. Did Rory call? – No. | – 好的 好 Rory来电话了吗? – 没有 | 
| [10:26] | She’s golfing all day with my father, and I’m half-expecting… | 她一整天都和我爸爸打高尔夫 我想当希望 | 
| [10:30] | this big, “Save me!” call to come in. You don’t care at all, do you? | 她打来这种 “救救我!” 的电话 你一点不在乎 是吗? | 
| [10:34] | To me you are the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoon. | 对我而言 你是Charlie Brown漫画里的老师 | 
| [10:37] | Forget it. Have the grooms arrived? | 算了 新郎都到了吗? | 
| [10:39] | Their plane was due at 7:30. They should be here. | 他们的飞机应该7:30到 他们应该到了 | 
| [10:42] | – Maybe they made a run for it. – Somebody got stood up at prom. | – 也许他们落跑了 – 有人在舞会上被放鸽子了 | 
| [10:49] | – Oh, dear. – What? | – 噢 天啦 – 什么? | 
| [10:57] | – Are those… – No, it would be too… | – 那是 – 不会 那样就太… | 
| [11:00] | Schmoopies! | 宝贝们 | 
| [11:04] | …weird. | …奇怪了 | 
| [11:05] | You kept this from me on purpose. | 你故意不让我知道这些的 | 
| [11:07] | It’s like a really snooty Doublemint commercial. | 真像是自大的绿箭广告 | 
| [11:10] | Just let me know when the midgets and clowns arrive. | 侏儒和小丑来的时候通知我一下 | 
| [11:14] | No. | 别走 | 
| [11:17] | You have to get them all settled in. | 你得把他们安顿好 | 
| [11:19] | – I’m not talking to them. – Yes, you are. | – 我不会和他们说话的 – 不行 你得去 | 
| [11:21] | I’m not talking to them nicely. | 我不会好好和他们说话的 | 
| [11:25] | It’s after 8:00. She should be here already. | 已经8点过了 她应该来了 | 
| [11:27] | She’ll be here. | 她会来的 | 
| [11:28] | You’re supposed to tee off at your designated time. | 你应该在订好的时间开始 | 
| [11:31] | You pay good money to that place. You’ll tee off when you tee off. | 你付大钱给那个地方 所以你想开始就开始 | 
| [11:34] | – Is that what you’re wearing? – Yes. | – 你就穿这个去? – 是的 | 
| [11:38] | – What’s wrong with what I’m wearing? – Nothing. It’s fine. | – 我穿的有什么不对吗? – 没什么 很好 | 
| [11:41] | – This whole thing is absurd. – She’s your granddaughter. | – 这整件事都太可笑了 – 她是你的外孙女 | 
| [11:44] | She’s a 16-year-old who would rather be at the mall. | 她才16岁 她更愿意去商场购物 | 
| [11:47] | Show her all around the club, especially the rose garden. | 带她在俱乐部四处看看 特别是玫瑰园 | 
| [11:50] | – I am not a guide. – Make sure you take her to lunch… | – 我又不是导游 – 你得带她去吃午餐 | 
| [11:52] | – and have her get dessert. – No one said anything about lunch. | – 还得给她买甜点 – 没人提过午餐 | 
| [11:56] | I hope Lorelai’s clubs are still in good shape. | 希望Lorelai的球杆还好用 | 
| [11:58] | Emily, you are not listening to me. | Emily 你没在听我说话 | 
| [12:00] | I will teach her to golf, as promised by you… | 我会教她打高尔夫 如你保证过的那样 | 
| [12:03] | but lunch is out of the question. | 但是午餐是没可能的 | 
| [12:05] | You have to eat, so you’ll eat together. Do you have sunscreen? | 你反正要吃 那不如你们一起吃 有防晒霜吗? | 
| [12:10] | – She’s here. – 8:30. | – 她来了 – 8:30 | 
| [12:12] | We must remember to buy her a watch. | 我们得记着给她买只表 | 
| [12:15] | Richard, so help me God, you will be sweet to this girl… | Richard 拜托了 你要好好对她 | 
| [12:18] | and make this a memorable day for her. | 让她永远记得这么一天 | 
| [12:20] | It’s the first time we can show our granddaughter off at the club. | 这是第一次我们能带着孙女去俱乐部炫耀一下 | 
| [12:23] | And it means a great deal to my happiness and yours… | 如果这天很顺利 | 
| [12:27] | that this day go well. | 对你我的幸福都是很有意义的 | 
| [12:29] | Are we clear? | 我们都说好了? | 
| [12:34] | – Rory, hello! – Sorry I’m late. | – Rory 你好啊! – 对不起 我来晚了 | 
| [12:36] | Nonsense, you’re right on time. | 胡说 你非常准时 | 
| [12:38] | – Hi, Grandpa. – Nice to see you. | – 嗨 姥爷 – 很高兴见到你 | 
| [12:40] | – This is a perfect day for golfing, isn’t it? – It’s cooler at 8:00. | – 今天很适合打高尔夫 不是吗? – 8点时更凉爽些 | 
| [12:44] | Am I dressed okay? | 我这样穿行吗? | 
| [12:45] | I didn’t have any of those short pant things. | 我没有短裤之类的衣服 | 
| [12:48] | Actually, there is something missing. Wait a minute. | 事实上 是有什么东西漏掉了 等等 | 
| [12:56] | Here we go. | 这就对了 | 
| [12:58] | – Now you look just like Tiger Woods. – That’s some hat. | – 现在看上去就像Tiger Woods(高尔夫选手) – 哇 不错的帽子 | 
| [13:01] | Okay, off you go, you two. | 好了 你们俩出发吧 | 
| [13:03] | – Have a wonderful time. – We will. | – 玩得开心点 – 我们会的 | 
| [13:06] | You bet. | 当然 | 
| [13:23] | Is it hard to become a member here? | 要成为这儿的会员很难吗? | 
| [13:25] | Everyone has to go through a thorough screening process. | 每个人都得经过彻底的审查 | 
| [13:29] | – Kind of like the FBI? – We’re much more thorough than that. | – 像FBI那种? – 我们的审查更彻底一点 | 
| [13:32] | – Wow. – Yes. | – 哇 – 是的 | 
| [13:36] | Do you know the merger of Forscape and DSS… | 你知道Forscape和DSS的合并 | 
| [13:38] | – happened right here on this lawn? – Really? | – 就刚好发生在这个草坪上吗? – 真的? | 
| [13:41] | International finance will never be the same… | 国际金融将从此改变 | 
| [13:43] | and all because of a lost golfing bet. | 只因为一场输掉的高尔夫赌局 | 
| [13:46] | – That’s crazy. – That’s high finance. | – 太疯狂了 – 那是巨额融资 | 
| [13:51] | Here we are. | 我们到了 | 
| [13:56] | What do you know about golf? | 关于高尔夫 你知道些什么? | 
| [13:59] | That it’s a good walk spoiled. | 就是奢华的散步 | 
| [14:05] | Your driver is the most powerful club in your bag… | 你的发球杆是包里最强的 | 
| [14:10] | and as such, it can be your most valuable asset… | 同样的 它也能成为你最值钱的资产 | 
| [14:14] | or your greatest liability. | 也能成为你最大的束缚 | 
| [14:16] | To wield it properly requires a precise combination… | 正确的挥动球杆 需要准确地结合 | 
| [14:20] | of confidence and humility. | 自信和谦卑 | 
| [14:23] | – Confidence and humility. Got it. – There you are. | – 自信和谦卑 明白了 – 给你 | 
| [14:26] | That’s a pretty good natural grip. | 球杆抓得很自然很好 | 
| [14:29] | Now line the toe of your left foot up with the ball. | 把左脚脚尖和球放在一条线上 | 
| [14:33] | That’s right. Drop this shoulder a little bit. | 对 肩膀放下来点 | 
| [14:35] | Now, keeping your left arm firm, draw the club back… | 稳住左臂 稳住你的左肩 把球杆往后面拉 | 
| [14:39] | and swing it cleanly through the ball. | 然后直接向球的方向挥动 | 
| [14:45] | I’m betting that was wrong. | 我肯定做得不对 | 
| [14:47] | There are no rights and wrongs to the learning process. | 学习过程里没有对错 | 
| [14:56] | Try that again. | 再试一次 | 
| [15:05] | I’m betting that was wrong. | 我敢说这样真是不对 | 
| [15:11] | These are blueberries. I ordered strawberries. | 这些是蓝莓 可我订的是草莓 | 
| [15:13] | – I know… – I did. I wrote it down, I got a copy. | – 我知道… – 我真得订的是蓝莓 我记下来的 还印了一份 | 
| [15:16] | – Sookie, listen. – Yeah. “Mushrooms, melon…” | – Sookie 听着 – 没错 “蘑菇, 瓜…” | 
| [15:19] | – “endive, peaches, kiwi.” – Excuse me, crazy lady. | – “菊苣 桃子 猕猴桃” – 对不起 疯姑娘 | 
| [15:23] | I should make some kiwi ice cream. | 我该做些猕猴桃冰淇淋 | 
| [15:25] | – Sookie! Listen. – What? | – Sookie! 听着 – 什么? | 
| [15:26] | I know you ordered strawberries, but they weren’t any good. | 我知道你订的草莓 但是草莓质量不好 | 
| [15:29] | Instead of selling you substandard strawberries… | 我不要卖给你次等的草莓 | 
| [15:32] | I brought you blueberries. | 所以给你带来了蓝莓 | 
| [15:34] | I must make strawberry shortcake for 200 people… | 但我必须得做200人份的草莓薄饼 | 
| [15:36] | so I think I’ll need strawberries. | 所以我需要草莓 | 
| [15:38] | – Use the blueberries. – To make what? | – 用蓝莓做 – 做什么? | 
| [15:40] | – Blueberry shortcake. – There’s no such thing. | – 蓝莓薄饼 – 没那种东西 | 
| [15:43] | The world was flat until someone took a boat trip. | 地球一直被认为是平的 直到有人出海旅行 | 
| [15:45] | – Can I see these strawberries? – No. | – 我能看看这些草莓吗? – 不行 | 
| [15:48] | – Just one? – No. | – 就一个? – 不行 | 
| [15:49] | How about a Polaroid? | 看看照片怎么样? | 
| [15:51] | Coffee. | 咖啡 | 
| [15:54] | Sookie, can I take some of this cake home to Rory? | Sookie 我能带点这种蛋糕回去给Rory吗? | 
| [15:57] | She’s gonna need a special treat tonight. | 她今晚需要特别的招待 | 
| [16:00] | She’s spending the entire day with my father, golfing at the club. | 她一整天都和我爸爸在俱乐部打高尔夫 | 
| [16:03] | No. | 不会吧 | 
| [16:04] | – Take the blueberries! – No! | – 拿这些蓝莓吧! – 不! | 
| [16:07] | The whole thing was masterminded by my mother. | 整件事情都是我妈策划的 | 
| [16:09] | One minute we’re having an excruciating family dinner… | 一分钟前我们还在吃痛苦的家庭聚餐 | 
| [16:12] | and the next minute she’s manipulated my kid to spend her Sunday… | 下一分钟她已经操纵我的小孩和 | 
| [16:15] | with my father at the country club. | 我爸爸在乡村俱乐部过周末了 | 
| [16:17] | I can’t talk about it anymore. It’s making me too upset. | 我不能再说这个了 说起来就烦 | 
| [16:20] | – Tell me something happy. – I can’t make the strawberry shortcake. | – 跟我说些高兴的事 – 我做不成草莓薄饼了 | 
| [16:25] | You suck at this game. | 你搞砸了这个游戏 | 
| [16:28] | The battle for soup versus salad is raging in the other room. | 关于要汤还是沙拉的争论在另一个房间很激烈 | 
| [16:31] | Come quick and settle it, please. | 快点来解决一下 | 
| [16:33] | I’m running out of French curse words that they won’t understand. | 我已经骂完了他们不懂的法语脏话 | 
| [16:42] | – Soup it’s gonna be. – You always have a salad… | – 要有汤 – 在传统的正餐之前 | 
| [16:45] | – before a traditional meal. – Why are you making a scene? | – 总是有沙拉 – 你干吗大吵大闹? | 
| [16:47] | – It’s my party. – Just ’cause… | – 是我的聚会 – 只因为 | 
| [16:49] | It’s been 45 minutes of “soup or salad.” | 汤还是沙拉都争了45分钟了 | 
| [16:52] | I can’t do it anymore. Get me a cab. | 我再也受不了了 给我叫辆出租车 | 
| [16:54] | I’m going to go far away now, and never come back. | 我要远走高飞 再也不会来了 | 
| [16:56] | How about if the guests get a choice of soup or salad? | 让宾客自己选择汤或者沙拉 怎么样? | 
| [17:02] | That will work. | 那样行得通 | 
| [17:06] | – Choice of soup or salad. – Got it. | – 汤或者沙拉 二选一 – 明白了 | 
| [17:09] | – It’s so weird. – Which one is which? | – 太怪了 – 哪个是哪个? | 
| [17:12] | I think the one on the right is Matt. | 我想右边那个是Matt | 
| [17:13] | No, that’s the one on the left. The one on the right is Mark. | 不 是左边那个 右边那个是Mark | 
| [17:17] | – That’s very impressive. – I’m very good at observing people… | – 相当厉害 – 我很善于观察人… | 
| [17:20] | learning their tics and traits, the sound of their voices. It’s a gift. | 记住他们的特点 嗓音 这完全是是天赋 | 
| [17:24] | – That one has a Post-it on its back. – Then that’s Mark. | – 那个身上贴了张便条纸 – 那么他是Mark | 
| [17:27] | The one on the right is Matt. | 右边那个是Matt | 
| [17:29] | – Take that off of him. – I will not. | – 把便条取下来 – 不取 | 
| [17:31] | We can’t all call everyone “sweetie” and get away with it. | 我们不能把每个人都叫甜心 来蒙混过关 | 
| [17:34] | Go with me here, but let’s say Mark walks into a hotel room… | 听我说 如果 假设 Mark走进了旅馆的房间… | 
| [17:37] | and he sees his wife naked, but it’s not his wife… | 他看着他老婆光着身子 但却不是他老婆 | 
| [17:40] | it’s his naked sister-in-law, and he has sex with her. | 而是他老婆的妹妹光着身子 他们发生了关系 | 
| [17:43] | – Would that be cheating? – My head hurts. | – 那算偷情吗? – 我头都痛了 | 
| [17:45] | – I think no. – Really? Lucky. | – 我想不算 – 是吗? 真走运 | 
| [17:48] | If you ask me, this union belongs on a public access station. | 如果你问我 这种婚姻对大家都方便 | 
| [17:51] | It’s against the laws of nature, and just this short of completely obscene. | 违背了自然定律 离完全堕落不远了 | 
| [17:55] | You won’t be giving the wedding toast. | 你就不要想能吃到婚礼吐司了 | 
| [17:59] | – How did everything work out? – Do you have children? | – 事情解决得怎么样了? – 你有孩子吗? | 
| [18:02] | – A daughter. – Do you hate her? | – 有一个女儿 – 你恨她吗? | 
| [18:05] | – No. – Not ever? | – 不恨 – 从来没有? | 
| [18:07] | I wasn’t wildly fond of her during labor. | 我分娩的时候不是很喜欢她 | 
| [18:11] | That was the high point for me. | 那是我给她们打最高分的时候了 | 
| [18:17] | – I can’t believe I hit the ball. – It’s quite impressive. | – 真不敢相信我居然打到球了 – 相当厉害 | 
| [18:20] | – It landed in the water. – Yes, but the splash was quite impressive. | – 球落在水里了 – 是的 但是溅起来的水也很叹为观止 | 
| [18:24] | This place is so beautiful. | 这地方真美 | 
| [18:26] | I could see just coming here to think or read… | 我能想象到这里来思考或是读书 | 
| [18:29] | but that defeats the purpose of the holes with the flags in them. | 但这些插着旗子的洞就没什么用处了 | 
| [18:32] | There is something rather serene about walking around here. | 在这里很适合散步 | 
| [18:35] | – Do you come here every week? – No. When I can. | – 你每周都来这儿吗? – 没有 我能来的时候就来 | 
| [18:38] | I’m often working on the weekends. | 我周末通常有工作 | 
| [18:41] | – Bummer. – Isn’t it? | – 讨厌 – 可不是 | 
| [18:46] | Hi, Richard. | 嗨 Richard | 
| [18:49] | – Can I ask you a question? – Go ahead. | – 我能问你个问题吗? – 问吧 | 
| [18:52] | – What do you do? – I’m the Executive Vice President… | – 你是做什么的? – 我在Gehrman-Driscoll保险公司 | 
| [18:55] | of the Gehrman-Driscoll Insurance Corporation. | 做执行副总裁 | 
| [18:57] | – Wow. – Yes. | – 哇 – 恩 | 
| [18:59] | And as Executive Vice President, what do you do? | 作为执行副总裁 你都做些什么? | 
| [19:03] | It’s a very big company, one of the largest in the United States. | Gehrman-Driscoll保险公司是间很大的公司 全美最大之一 | 
| [19:07] | I have a myriad of duties… | 我有无数的职责… | 
| [19:09] | which would bore you greatly to hear about. | 听了你会觉得很无聊的 | 
| [19:12] | Okay. | 没事 | 
| [19:17] | – I oversee our international division. – That sounds important. | – 我监督公司的国际部 – 听上去很重要 | 
| [19:21] | It rates a parking spot. | 负责给停车场定级别 | 
| [19:23] | – Do you get to travel a lot? – Quite a bit. | – 有机会到处旅游吗? – 相当多机会 | 
| [19:26] | Lucky. | 走运 | 
| [19:28] | – I suspect you have a yen for travel. – I’m up to my ears in yens. | – 我不太相信你很想要旅行 – 我想的很呢 | 
| [19:32] | – Any particular place you’d like to go? – Hundreds of places: | – 有特别想去的地方吗? – 好多地方 | 
| [19:35] | Paris, Rome, London, Prague, Istanbul, Fez. | 巴黎 罗马 伦敦 布拉格 伊斯坦布尔 非斯(摩洛哥北部的城市) | 
| [19:39] | – Have you ever been to Fez? – I can’t say that I have. | – 你去过非斯吗?? – 没去过 | 
| [19:41] | I wanna go to Fez. | 我想去非斯 | 
| [19:43] | I think traveling, for a young girl, is a very important thing. | 我认为旅行对年轻姑娘很重要 | 
| [19:47] | Your mother never got a chance to travel much. | 你妈妈没机会去很多地方旅行 | 
| [19:49] | – I know. She talks about that all the time. – She does? | – 我知道 她总是说起这个 – 她总说? | 
| [19:53] | We’ve got a deal. When I graduate from high school… | 我们有个协议 我高中毕业的时候 | 
| [19:55] | we’re gonna go backpacking through Europe together. | 我们将要一起背包游遍欧洲 | 
| [19:58] | You know, do the whole hostel thing. | 你知道 做住在青年旅社之类的事情 | 
| [20:01] | – I just hope it really happens. – We’ll just have to make sure that it does. | – 我只希望真得能实现 – 我们得确保它能实现 | 
| [20:10] | – You look wonderful. – Aren’t you sweet? Is Emily here? | – 你看上去棒极了 – 真会说话 Emily在吗? | 
| [20:14] | No, I’m taking my granddaughter for a round of golf. | 不在 我带我孙女 来打一轮高尔夫 | 
| [20:17] | – We must get together. – Absolutely. | – 我们什么时候得聚聚 – 当然 | 
| [20:26] | The most odious woman alive. | 这讨厌的女人怎么还不死 | 
| [20:40] | – We’ll meet back here in 40 minutes? – Okay. | – 40分钟后我们回头在这儿见 – 好的 | 
| [20:43] | And then, if you like, we can get some lunch. | 之后 如果你不反对 我们一起吃午餐 | 
| [20:46] | – That would be great. – Fine. | – 那样很棒 – 没错 | 
| [20:48] | – Cool. – Yes. | – 酷 – 恩 | 
| [20:58] | And I’m telling him, “I’ve been coming here…” | 我告诉他 “我一直来这里” | 
| [21:01] | “for 20 years, my young friend, and for 20 years, that cart…” | “有20年了 小伙子 这20年以来 那辆车…” | 
| [21:04] | “Number 43, has been my golf cart.” | “43号 一直是我的高尔夫车 “ | 
| [21:07] | – He should have known that. – Everybody knows it. | – 他早该知道这些的 – 每个人都知道 | 
| [21:10] | – Did he give you the cart? – Damn right he gave me the cart. | – 他把车给你了吗? – 他当然得给我了 | 
| [21:13] | You should have never had to ask, because he should have known that. | 你根本不该问他要车的 因为他早该知道的 | 
| [21:18] | – Hello, gentlemen. – Richard, good to see you. | – 好啊 先生们 – Richard 很高兴见到你 | 
| [21:20] | – I heard about your golf cart. Too bad. – I’m still angry about it. | – 听说你的高尔夫车的事情了 太糟糕了 – 我还在气头上 | 
| [21:25] | Who was that young lady I saw you on the golf course with? | 球场上和你在一起的年轻姑娘是谁啊? | 
| [21:28] | – That is my granddaughter. – Really? She’s lovely. | – 那是我的孙女儿 – 是吗?她真可爱 | 
| [21:32] | Lorelai’s girl. | Lorelai的女儿 | 
| [21:34] | You’re lucky. My granddaughter looks like she just fell off a potato truck. | 你真走运 我孙女看上去像 刚从装满土豆的火车上摔下来一样 | 
| [21:39] | My granddaughter would never be caught here. | 我孙女从来不会在这儿出现 | 
| [21:42] | It might get in the way of her time spent at the tattoo parlor… | 这会妨碍她花时间在纹身室… | 
| [21:45] | or getting something pierced, or doing whatever she does… | 或是在身上打洞 或者是在街上像疯狗一样狂奔的时候 | 
| [21:48] | while she runs wild through the streets like a rabid dog. | 做的任何事情 | 
| [21:51] | – Cut her off. That’ll get her attention. – I can help you with the litigation. | – 取消她的继承权 那会让她有所收敛的 – 我可以帮你诉讼 | 
| [21:55] | Actually, Rory just started Chilton. | 事实上 Rory刚进了Chilton | 
| [21:58] | – Really? – Damn fine school. | – 真的? – 很好的学校 | 
| [22:00] | She said she wanted to learn golf. I think she’s taken to it quite well. | 她说她想学高尔夫 我觉得她学得还不错 | 
| [22:04] | Yeah, just as long as she’s not taken with a certain golf cart. | 是啊 只要她别用专用高尔夫车就行了 | 
| [22:07] | – I’m writing a letter to the board. – I wish you would. | – 我会给委员会写信的 – 但愿你会 | 
| [22:11] | Listen to me. | 听我说 | 
| [22:14] | She took the house and I’m against it. | 房子归她 但是我反对 | 
| [22:16] | She deserved it, putting up with that tramp all those years. | 她应得的 忍受了那个荡妇这么多年 | 
| [22:18] | Last Christmas, he bought them both the same bracelet. | 去年圣诞节 他买了同样的手镯给她们两个 | 
| [22:22] | She should have shot him like his first wife did. | 她该像他第一任妻子那样 开枪射他 | 
| [22:24] | I love Janie. Is she out yet? | 我喜欢Janie 她已经搬出去了吗?? | 
| [22:29] | Gloria, hi. Good game? | Gloria 嗨 打得怎么样? | 
| [22:31] | – Not bad. You? – I just came for the steam. | – 不错 你呢? – 我只是来蒸桑拿的 | 
| [22:34] | We must get together and play sometime soon. | 我们什么时候一定要聚在一起玩玩 | 
| [22:36] | – Next week? – I’ll call you. | – 下周? – 我会给你打电话的 | 
| [22:41] | The most odious woman alive. | 这讨厌的女人怎么还不死 | 
| [22:53] | Okay, I need more tulle here. I need the feeling of a major tutu, okay? | 好了 这儿我需要更多的薄纱 就像是芭蕾舞的裙子一样 好吗? | 
| [23:02] | Gary, the ribbons go on the chairs, not on the trees. | Gary 缎带绑在椅子上 不是树上 | 
| [23:08] | Oh, great. | 噢 好的 | 
| [23:14] | Where do you want the swans? | 想把天鹅放哪儿? | 
| [23:16] | – Do you know where the pond is? – Nope. | – 你知道池塘在那儿吗? – 不知道 | 
| [23:19] | – You know that little road you came up? – Nope. | – 你知道你来时的那条小路吗? – 不知道 | 
| [23:22] | Do you know how to say “big help” in Chinese? | 知道中文里帮大忙怎么说? | 
| [23:25] | – Nope. – Michel! | – 不会 – Michel! | 
| [23:28] | This is 20 swans? | 这就是20只天鹅? | 
| [23:31] | Sure. Why not? | 当然 怎么? | 
| [23:34] | You screeched? | 你刚才尖叫啦? | 
| [23:35] | I need you to show him where to put the swans. | 我要你去告诉他在哪儿放天鹅 | 
| [23:37] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不去 | 
| [23:39] | I can’t leave. I’ve got a major tulle festival going on out here. | 我走不开 我要去参加一个薄纱节 | 
| [23:42] | – I will never go near those filthy birds. – Why? | – 我才不要靠近那些肮脏的鸟类 – 为什么? | 
| [23:45] | – I hate the swans. – These particular swans? | – 我恨天鹅 – 这些天鹅? | 
| [23:48] | No, all swans. | 不 所有的天鹅 | 
| [23:49] | I was attacked by a band of swans in the Luxembourg Gardens… | 我曾经在卢森堡花园被一群天鹅袭击 | 
| [23:52] | when I was a boy. No one forgets that. | 在我还很小的时候 没人能忘记这些事情 | 
| [23:54] | Oh, no, not being attacked by a band of swans. | 噢 不 不是被一群天鹅袭击 | 
| [23:58] | Was it an all-boy band? Kind of a scary, feathery, ‘NSync fiasco? | 是男孩团体吧? 比如胆小 柔弱 “超级男孩”那种? | 
| [24:03] | – This is not funny. – No, I’m sorry. It’s not funny at all. | – 一点不好笑 – 我道歉 一点儿也不好笑 | 
| [24:06] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天哪 | 
| [24:08] | Come on, you have to admit that’s a little funny. | 别这样 你得承认是有点可笑 | 
| [24:11] | Hey, Pepe Le Pew, you want to give me a hand with this? | 嘿 你能给我帮个手吗? | 
| [24:13] | No. | 不 | 
| [24:15] | Listen, it’s Drella or the swans. | 听着 要么帮Drella 要么搞定天鹅 | 
| [24:17] | So either one beast of terror or another? | 也就是搞定任何一只野兽就可以了? | 
| [24:20] | – What is he babbling about? – Don’t… | – 他在胡说些什么 – 别… | 
| [24:22] | – He’s afraid of the swans. – Thank you. | – 他害怕天鹅 – 谢谢 | 
| [24:23] | Of course he is. He’s French. | 他当然害怕了 他是法国人 | 
| [24:26] | – Okay, I’ll take you to the pond. – Thank you. | – 好 我带你去池塘 – 谢谢 | 
| [24:31] | But stay far away from me. | 但是离我远点 | 
| [24:39] | Can’t stand the talk. Love to watch the walk. | 没法听他说话 喜欢看他走路 | 
| [24:45] | She caught him in the pool house with the tennis pro… | 她抓到他和网球选手在撞球房偷情 | 
| [24:47] | not the riding instructor. | 不是骑马教练 | 
| [24:49] | I had no idea. | 我一点也不知道 | 
| [24:51] | That committee of yours is not looking at people as much as you think. | 你们那群人看到的并没有你想象得那么多 | 
| [24:54] | Why would they? From what you’ve told me… | 他们为什么那么做? 从你告诉我的来看… | 
| [24:56] | they’re all involved in one nefarious activity after another. | 他们都牵涉一两个丑陋的事件 | 
| [24:59] | – It’s a conspiracy. – It’s Peyton Place. | – 是共谋 – 简直是Peyton Place(电影”冷暖人间”) | 
| [25:03] | – Is there more? – Can you handle it? | – 还有吗? – 你受得了吗? | 
| [25:05] | I’ll steel myself. | 我能挺的住 | 
| [25:07] | Okay, Mr. Neville likes all things frilly. | 好吧 Neville先生喜欢镶摺边的东西 | 
| [25:11] | Good God, he’s my broker. | 老天 他是我的经纪人 | 
| [25:13] | I don’t think one will affect the other. | 我想这不会影响他工作的 | 
| [25:16] | – Mind if we barge in? – Look who’s here. | – 不介意我们加入吧? – 看谁来了 | 
| [25:20] | Rory, this is Julian Johnson and Edward James. | Rory 这是Julian Johnson 和Edward James | 
| [25:24] | – Call me Ed. – You can call me Ed, too. | – 叫我Ed – 也可以叫我Ed | 
| [25:27] | – It’s nice to meet you. – Would you care to join us? | – 很高兴认识你 – 愿意加入我们吗? | 
| [25:30] | If Rory doesn’t mind us intruding on her time with her grandfather. | 如果Rory不介意我们打扰了和姥爷相处的时间 | 
| [25:34] | – No, that’s fine. – Great. | – 不介意 – 太好了 | 
| [25:37] | – So, we hear you’re attending Chilton. – I just started. | – 我们听说你在Chilton读书 – 我只是刚刚进去 | 
| [25:40] | – That’s a hard school. – Yes, sir. | – 那所学校读起来很辛苦 – 是的 先生 | 
| [25:42] | – Rory is an excellent student. – Really? | – Rory是个好学生 – 真的? | 
| [25:45] | 4.0 grade point average. | 平均成绩4.0 | 
| [25:48] | That’s got me beat. | 我也被打败了 | 
| [25:52] | She’s going to Fez someday. | 她有一天会去非斯 | 
| [25:54] | Fez? What the hell is in Fez? | 非斯? 非斯究竟有什么啊? | 
| [25:57] | That’s for her to find out. | 那要她自己去发现了 | 
| [26:11] | Interesting hat. | 有趣的帽子 | 
| [26:13] | I went golfing with my grandfather today. | 我今天和姥爷一起去打高尔夫了 | 
| [26:16] | Did you know golf courses are an environmental blight… | 你知道高尔夫球厂污染了环境 | 
| [26:18] | because of the chemicals used to keep the grass green? | 因为那些使草常青的化学物质吗?? | 
| [26:21] | Actually, I did. | 事实上 我知道 | 
| [26:24] | Bad joke. Sorry. | 冷笑话 我道歉 | 
| [26:33] | My God. This day, the swans, the tulle, my head. | 老天 整整一天 天鹅 薄纱 我的头 | 
| [26:37] | I need the largest cheeseburger in the world. | 我需要全世界最大的奶酪三明治 | 
| [26:39] | Let’s break a record, mister. | 我们来破纪录吧 老兄 | 
| [26:41] | So, the wedding is a nightmare. We got these 10 boxes of creepy larvae… | 婚礼真是场噩梦 我们有十盒爬虫的幼虫 | 
| [26:45] | that are supposed to swarm into butterflies on the wedding day. | 它们本该在婚礼那天破茧成蝶的 | 
| [26:49] | They swarmed a little early. What’s with the hat? | 结果它们破茧成蝶得早了点 帽子是怎么回事? | 
| [26:51] | Grandma gave it to me. | 姥姥给我的 | 
| [26:53] | – That’s just mean. – It’s not that bad. | – 不是很好看 – 没有那么难看吧 | 
| [26:55] | – Do you want a mirror? – I’m taking it off. | – 要镜子照照吗? – 我脱下来了 | 
| [26:58] | – So, Rory’s golfing adventure. Tell me. – It was fine. | – Rory的高尔夫历险 告诉我怎么样 – 很好 | 
| [27:02] | I brought you some of Sookie’s chocolate cake to make you feel better. | 我带来了些Sookie的巧克力蛋糕 能让你感觉好点 | 
| [27:06] | It really wasn’t that bad. | 真的不是那么糟糕 | 
| [27:07] | You’re the sweetest kid in the whole world. | 你真是世界上最贴心的孩子了 | 
| [27:09] | Where on earth did you get that from? | 你这点究竟像谁啊? | 
| [27:11] | Luke, am I mistaken, or did the sign on the door say “open”? | Luke 我看错了 还是门上的牌子写着正常营业?? | 
| [27:15] | – So where were we? – Me golfing. | – 我们说到哪儿了? – 我打高尔夫 | 
| [27:17] | – Right. Go. – Okay. | – 对的 说吧 – 好 | 
| [27:20] | By the end of the day I could even hit the ball. | 今天快结束的时候 我都可以打到球了 | 
| [27:22] | Sometimes it wasn’t my ball, but the intentions were good. | 虽然有时候打到得不是我的球 但是意图是很明确的 | 
| [27:25] | Good intentions and no physical exertion whatsoever… | 明确的意图 毫无身体的付出 | 
| [27:28] | is what the game of golf was built on. | 这就是高尔夫的本质 | 
| [27:30] | So did you order? | 你点吃的了吗? | 
| [27:31] | I’m not hungry. I had a big lunch at the club. | 我不饿 我在俱乐部吃了顿大餐 | 
| [27:34] | With all the other devastators of our land. | 和土地的其他破坏者一起 | 
| [27:36] | Luke, I’m really sorry. I didn’t know. | Luke 真对不起 我事先不知道 | 
| [27:40] | – You had a big lunch at the club? – Yeah, it was quite good. | – 你在俱乐部吃了顿大餐? – 是的 相当不错 | 
| [27:43] | – Quite? What’s with the “quite”? – What do you mean? | – 相当? “相当”是怎么一回事?? – 什么意思? | 
| [27:47] | You don’t ever say “quite.” | 你从不说“相当” | 
| [27:48] | – I’ve said “quite” plenty of times. – Whatever. | – 我说过许多次“相当”了 – 随便你怎么说了 | 
| [27:51] | Besides the “quite good” lunch you had, what else happened? | 除了相当不错的大餐 还有什么? | 
| [27:54] | Nothing. We played. I met his friends. I took a steam. | 没什么 我们打高尔夫 遇见了一些他的朋友 我蒸了桑拿 | 
| [27:58] | – You took a steam? – Yeah. | – 你蒸了桑拿? – 没错 | 
| [28:00] | I sweated out all my toxins, and I stole a towel. | 我的毒素都流汗排出体外了 我还偷了条毛巾 | 
| [28:04] | – Sounds like you really had a good time. – I did. | – 听上去你真得玩得很开心 – 是的 | 
| [28:07] | Really? | 真的? | 
| [28:10] | – Okay, new word now. – Sorry. I’m just surprised. | – 好了 说点别的 – 对不起 我只是太惊讶了 | 
| [28:13] | – I thought you were gonna be bored. – I was kind of surprised, too. | – 我以为你会很无聊 – 我也有点吃惊 | 
| [28:17] | I don’t know, it was pretty there. And Grandpa and I talked a lot. | 不知道 那儿很漂亮 我和姥爷谈了很多 | 
| [28:20] | – You talked? Really? – You’re doing it again. | – 你们交谈了?真的? – 又来了 | 
| [28:23] | Sorry. You talked? | 对不起 你们聊天啦? | 
| [28:25] | – We talked about Fez. – And he thought it was a hat. | – 我们谈起了非斯 – 他以为是种帽子 | 
| [28:28] | I told him about our backpacking trip, and he thought it was a great idea. | 我告诉她我们的背包旅行 他觉得是个好主意 | 
| [28:35] | So you really had fun? | 所以你真的玩得很开心? | 
| [28:39] | That’s great. | 很棒 | 
| [28:41] | That is really, really great. | 那真是非常非常棒 | 
| [28:46] | – I thought you were starving. – Things change. Move on. | – 我以为你饿死了 – 事情在变 要继续下去 | 
| [28:51] | Does this hat really look bad on me? | 我戴这顶帽子真得很难看吗? | 
| [28:59] | No, I think it looks kind of cute. | 不 我觉得看上去挺可爱的 | 
| [29:09] | It’s your wedding day. Feel each other. | 是你们的大喜之日 好好感受对方 | 
| [29:12] | Use the thumping of your heart as a metronome. | 用心跳来打拍子 | 
| [29:15] | Let passion be your choreographer. | 让激情带动你的舞蹈 | 
| [29:18] | Be as light on your toes as you are in your hearts. | 心里有多轻盈 脚尖就要多轻盈 | 
| [29:22] | Oh, no, darling. Let me show you how it’s done. | 噢 不 亲爱的 我来告诉你怎么做 | 
| [29:25] | Again? | 还要吗? | 
| [29:28] | You know, in some countries, if you dance this close… | 知道吗 在有的国家 你这么近和我跳舞 | 
| [29:31] | you’re cheating on your wife. | 就算是在偷情 | 
| [29:33] | – You’re next. – Take your time. | – 你是下一个 – 慢慢来 不急 | 
| [29:51] | – My God, you’ve good handwriting. – Thank you. | – 老天 你的字写得真漂亮 – 谢谢 | 
| [29:54] | You did not get that from me. Your fabulous flair you got from me. | 这点不是遗传自我这儿 你惊人的天赋是我遗传给你得 | 
| [29:57] | – I also got my deviated septum from you. – Hey, focus on the flair. | – 我得偏离隔膜也是你遗传的 – 嘿 集中在天赋上 | 
| [30:01] | It’s for you. He says he’s your father… | 找你的 他说是你爸爸 | 
| [30:03] | although why he’d volunteer that freely, I don’t know. | 虽然我不知道 他为什么这么自愿无偿地当你爹 | 
| [30:05] | – My father? – Yes. | – 我爸爸? – 没错 | 
| [30:07] | – Are you sure? – Please just take the phone. Thank you. | – 你确定? – 接电话吧 谢谢 | 
| [30:10] | Dad? | 爸爸? | 
| [30:12] | Yeah, it’s Lorelai. Who else calls you “dad”? | 是的 是Lorelai 还有谁叫你爸爸? | 
| [30:17] | Yeah, she’s right here. Hold on. It’s for you. | 没错 她在这儿 别挂 是找你的 | 
| [30:21] | Thanks. Hello? | 谢谢 喂? | 
| [30:24] | Hey, Grandpa. That’s great. | 嘿 姥爷 太棒了 | 
| [30:29] | Jackie wants Samuel Barber, John Cage, and Philip Glass… | Jackie想要Samuel Barber, John Cage和Philip Glass… | 
| [30:31] | and Jessica wants Shania Twain’s I Feel Like a Woman. | Jessica想要 Shania Twain的”感觉像个女人” | 
| [30:34] | – I’m not a jukebox. – Oh, please. | – 我又不是自动点唱机 – 噢 拜托了 | 
| [30:36] | You think I started playing the harp… | 你以为我弹竖琴 | 
| [30:38] | ’cause I thought it would make me cool? Finally get me in with the in-crowd? | 是因为那让我看上去很酷吗? 最后会让我进入时尚人士的圈子 | 
| [30:42] | Maybe I’d make for some great happy-hour conversation. | 也许我更想做的是为幸福的对话伴奏 | 
| [30:45] | No, all right? The music drives me, lady. | 不 行吗?? 音乐推动着我 女士 | 
| [30:47] | I will play what I feel, and you will love it. | 我弹我想弹的 你们会喜欢的 | 
| [30:50] | – I’ll give you an extra $100. – You just got yourself a jukebox. | – 多加100元 – 你得到点唱机了 | 
| [30:59] | Yeah, I’d love to see it. | 没错 我很乐意看 | 
| [31:02] | No, if you want to. | 不 如果你愿意的话 | 
| [31:05] | Sure. That sounds good. Yeah. | 当然 听上去不错 没错 | 
| [31:19] | Should I leave you two alone? | 我该让你们俩单独相处吗? | 
| [31:22] | – I think I want to change my hair. – Really? | – 我想换发型了 – 真的? | 
| [31:25] | – I think it looks quite good. – You’re funny. | – 我觉得看上去不错啊 – 你真可笑 | 
| [31:28] | – Do you want something to drink? – Yeah, water. | – 要喝点什么吗? – 好 水 | 
| [31:37] | – So, you talked to Grandpa today? – What? | – 你今天和你姥爷说过话? – 什么? | 
| [31:40] | – Grandpa, he called? – Yeah. | – 姥爷他来电话啦? – 是的 | 
| [31:43] | Anything wrong? | 有什么事情吗? | 
| [31:45] | No, he just found this book we were talking about. | 没有 他只是找到了我们谈到的那本书 | 
| [31:50] | – And he just called to tell you? – Yeah. Why? | – 那他刚才打电话是告诉你这个? – 对啊 怎么了? | 
| [31:53] | Nothing. It’s just weird. He doesn’t call the inn that much. | 没什么 只是有点怪 他很少给旅馆打电话 | 
| [31:57] | Or ever, actually. | 或者说 事实上 从来没有打过 | 
| [31:59] | – He knew that I was looking for it, so… – Oh, sure. | – 他知道我正在找那本书 所以.. – 噢 当然了 | 
| [32:02] | – What book is it? – Mencken’s Chrestomathy. | – 什么书? – Mencken的读本 | 
| [32:05] | – Oh, that one. – Yeah. | – 噢 那本 – 是啊 | 
| [32:09] | Cinnamon is stuck under our front porch again. | Cinnamon 又被卡在前面的门廊了 | 
| [32:13] | Can I borrow some vegetable oil and a shoehorn? | 能借给我点植物油和鞋拔子吗? | 
| [32:16] | – I’ll get it. – I’m calling him and calling him… | – 我去拿 – 我一直给他不停打电话 | 
| [32:19] | and I go around the porch… | 我在门廊走来走去… | 
| [32:20] | and this big orange tush is just staring me in the face. | 它橘色的大屁股正对着我 | 
| [32:23] | I hate when that happens. | 我真讨厌这种事情发生 | 
| [32:24] | Yeah. He must have been meowing for an hour… | 是啊 他一定在那儿叫了一个小时了 | 
| [32:27] | but Morey was playing some Thelonious on the Steinway… | 但 Morey在施坦威排钢琴上弹奏修道士乐队的歌 | 
| [32:31] | and when Morey plays, I go into this trance… | Morey弹的时候 我就被催眠了… | 
| [32:33] | where all I can see is blue, and moon, and stars. | 看到的是蓝色 月亮和星星 | 
| [32:40] | Never mind, sugar. Play me home, baby! | 不用担心 亲爱的 用音乐唤我回家 宝贝 | 
| [32:49] | Bye. | 再见 | 
| [32:52] | Oh, God! It’s killing me! | 噢 老天!我要死了 | 
| [33:00] | – Babbette didn’t take her oil. – Keep it. | – Babbette 没带走油 – 放着好了 | 
| [33:02] | Christmas is early this year. | 今年圣诞节来早了 | 
| [33:05] | You know what I was thinking? | 你知道我在想什么吗? | 
| [33:06] | That Madonna and Sean Penn should get remarried? | 在想 Madonna和Sean Penn应该复婚? | 
| [33:08] | Besides that. | 除了那个 | 
| [33:10] | I was thinking your golfing expedition should totally count as a dinner. | 我在想你的高尔夫历险应该相当于一次会餐了 | 
| [33:13] | – What do you mean? – I can get us out of dinner… | – 什么意思? – 我能让我俩摆脱周五的会餐 | 
| [33:16] | at the grandparents’ on Friday. Maybe we could grab a movie. | 也许我们可以去看场电影 | 
| [33:20] | – That’s okay. – It’s no big deal, really. | – 不太好吧 – 那没什么大不了的 真的 | 
| [33:24] | No. It’s just gonna get Grandma all freaked out. | 不 姥姥会不高兴的 | 
| [33:26] | I can handle those freak-outs. I’ve done that. | 这些我能应付 我以前做过这样的事情 | 
| [33:30] | I have to get the book from Grandpa anyway. Let’s just go. | 我反正要去姥爷那儿拿那本书 我们就去吧 | 
| [33:36] | – All right, if you really want to. – I do. | – 如果你真的想去 那好吧 – 我想去 | 
| [33:40] | Okay, fine. | 那好吧 | 
| [33:44] | – Is that my sweater? – What? | – 那是我的毛衣吗? – 什么? | 
| [33:46] | – You’re wearing my sweater. – So? | – 你穿着我的毛衣 – 怎么了? | 
| [33:49] | No, it’s okay. It’s just… | 没什么 只是 | 
| [33:51] | I thought I asked you to at least ask before you borrow my stuff. | 我想你借用我的东西之前至少应该先问我一下吧 | 
| [33:55] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | – 对不起 – 算了 | 
| [33:59] | It’s not too much for a simple “Can I borrow it, Mom?” is it? | 说句简单的“妈妈 能借给我吗?” 不是要求太多吧? | 
| [34:02] | No, it’s not. Jeez, lighten up. | 不是 天啦 冷静点 | 
| [34:07] | It’s my favorite sweater, too. | 这也是我最喜欢的毛衣 | 
| [34:08] | – Since when? – Since always. | – 什么时候成了你最喜欢的毛衣了? – 我一直都喜欢 | 
| [34:10] | – This is not your favorite sweater. – Yes, it is. | – 这不是你最喜欢的毛衣 – 不 是我最喜欢的 | 
| [34:12] | Now it’s gonna be stretched out, like everything you borrow. | 它会和其他借给你的东西一样 被撑变形 | 
| [34:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? | 
| [34:17] | I’m talking about that you take my sweaters… | 我在说你拿走我的毛衣 | 
| [34:19] | wear them, and stretch them out. | 穿了之后把他们撑大了 | 
| [34:21] | I couldn’t possibly stretch them out. Your boobs are way bigger than mine. | 我怎么把它们撑大 你胸部比我大多了 | 
| [34:25] | – That is not true. – Yes, it is. | – 那不是真的 – 是真的 | 
| [34:26] | – Your boobs are totally bigger than mine. – You’re crazy! | – 你的胸部绝对比我的大 – 你疯了 | 
| [34:30] | – Do you want to measure? – What? | – 想量一下吗 – 什么? | 
| [34:31] | I’m serious. Why don’t you go get the measuring tape now? | 我说真的 去把卷尺拿来,我们现在量 | 
| [34:34] | I am not going to measure my boobs. | 我才不要量我的胸围 | 
| [34:36] | Because you know that you are totally bigger. | 因为你知道你的胸部肯定比我的大 | 
| [34:38] | – I’m going inside. – Fine. | – 我进去了 – 好 | 
| [34:40] | – Don’t measure. We’ll just compare bras. – Stop it. | – 别量了 我们比一下内衣就知道了 – 别说了 | 
| [34:43] | I’ll stop it when you quit stealing my stuff! | 你不偷用我的东西我就不说了 | 
| [34:45] | You’re cracked! | 你不可理喻! | 
| [34:48] | You’re bigger! | 你的更大 | 
| [34:59] | “Your boobs are bigger than mine”? I’m a mental case. | “你的胸部比我的大”? 我得了精神病了 | 
| [35:03] | So apologize. | 那么去道歉 | 
| [35:04] | I was too mad and stupid to apologize last night… | 我昨晚太疯太蠢 没去道歉 | 
| [35:06] | and she was gone before I got up this morning. | 我早上起来的时候她已经走了 | 
| [35:08] | – What is wrong with me? – You’re very possessive of your sweaters. | – 我怎么了? – 你对你的毛衣太有占有欲了 | 
| [35:12] | I understand. If somebody breathes too hard on my paring knife… | 我明白 要是有人对着我的去皮刀哈气 | 
| [35:15] | I’m like a crazy spider monkey. | 我也会表现得像疯了的蜘蛛猿 | 
| [35:17] | It’s not about the sweater. | 这件事跟毛衣没关 | 
| [35:19] | It’s about the golfing thing and the liking-it thing. | 跟Rory打高尔夫和喜欢打高尔夫有关 | 
| [35:22] | She had fun, Sookie, just like my mother said she would. | 被我妈妈说中了 她玩得很开心Sookie | 
| [35:26] | – Yeah, that’s gotta hurt. – She should have fun. | – 没错 那让你不舒服了 – 她应该玩得开心 | 
| [35:29] | I want her to have a good relationship with her grandparents. | 我希望她和姥爷姥姥相处融洽 | 
| [35:32] | Just because I don’t doesn’t mean she shouldn’t, right? | 我和他们不能相处得很融洽 不代表她也不行 对吧? | 
| [35:36] | So then, why was I trying to get her out of Friday night dinner? | 那我干吗设法让她不去周五的聚餐? | 
| [35:40] | Am I trying to undermine their relationship? | 我是在试图破坏他们的关系吗? | 
| [35:42] | – You weren’t. – I was. | – 你没有啦 – 我有 | 
| [35:43] | – Yes, you were. – Yes, I’m 4 years old. | – 是的 你是的 – 对 我只有4岁大 | 
| [35:45] | – You’re jealous. – I’m not jealous. | – 你只是嫉妒 – 我不是嫉妒 | 
| [35:47] | You are. You’re jealous ’cause they like Rory better than you. | 你是在嫉妒 因为他们更喜欢Rory | 
| [35:50] | Thank you for the hug. | 谢谢你打击我 | 
| [35:52] | See, I’m bad at advice talks. | 看到了吧 我不善于给建议 | 
| [35:54] | Can we talk about soup? ‘Cause I’m good with soup. | 我们能谈谈汤的事情吗 因为我做汤很在行 | 
| [35:56] | I’m sorry. You’re fine. I’m all mixed-up. | 对不起 你很好 是我自己糊涂 | 
| [35:59] | I left that life: The club, my parents. | 我离开了那种生活:俱乐部 父母 | 
| [36:02] | I ran from it as soon as I could. | 我尽我所能的远离这种生活 | 
| [36:04] | It just never occurred to me that she might want it. | 我没想到也许Rory需要这样的生活呢 | 
| [36:08] | It occurred to my mother though. God, I hate that she was right. | 不过我妈倒是想到了这点 老天 她说对了 真讨厌 | 
| [36:11] | You don’t know that… Oh, my God. | 你不知道… 噢 老天 | 
| [36:13] | Hey, watch it! | 嘿 小心 | 
| [36:16] | Stock. | |
| [36:18] | Are you okay? | 没事吧? | 
| [36:22] | Look at you. You’re beautiful! | 看看你 真美 | 
| [36:27] | I have to be more adult about this. | 我在这件事情上得更成熟些 | 
| [36:28] | I mean, if the country club life is what she wants… | 我的意思是如果乡村俱乐部 是她想要的生活… | 
| [36:31] | more power to her, right? | 让她自己选择 对吧? | 
| [36:33] | You know, little white gloves and coming-out parties. | 你知道 小巧的白手套 和位处入社交界而办的聚会 | 
| [36:36] | – That makes some girls happy, right? – Sure, yeah. | – 能让有的女孩子高兴 对吧? – 当然 没错 | 
| [36:39] | If they’re on Prozac, absolutely. | 如果她们吃抗忧郁剂 这些绝对能让她们开心 | 
| [36:41] | I just never thought that I raised that kind of kid, you know? | 你知道吗 我只是没想到我的孩子会这样 | 
| [36:44] | Not that there’s anything wrong with kids like that. | 倒不是孩子喜欢这些有什么不对 | 
| [36:47] | I didn’t think that was Rory. Maybe it’s not. I don’t know. | 我没想到Rory是这种小孩 也许不是 我也不知道 | 
| [36:50] | Am I obsessing? Sookie? Hello? | 我给你带来困扰了吗?Sookie? 喂? | 
| [36:53] | Should I wear my strawberry costume to get your attention? | 我该穿我的草莓装来吸引你的注意吗? | 
| [36:56] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 对不起 | 
| [36:58] | You have a strawberry costume? | 你有草莓装? | 
| [36:59] | – Unbelievable! – Jackson. | – 难以置信! – Jackson | 
| [37:03] | So this is what we’ve come to? | 我们之间就变成这样啦? | 
| [37:04] | You sneaking around behind my back buying somebody else’s strawberries? | 你背着我偷偷买别人的草莓? | 
| [37:08] | – I was desperate! – You disgust me! | – 我没有办法了! – 你真让我反感 | 
| [37:11] | – I needed the strawberries. – Well, now you have them. | – 我需要草莓 – 好的 你现在得到了 | 
| [37:14] | I hope you’re happy together. | 我希望你们在一起很快乐 | 
| [37:16] | – Jackson, wait! – No! | – Jackson 等等 – 不要! | 
| [37:18] | – Come on, Jackson! – No! | – 别这样Jackson! – 不 | 
| [37:20] | – Jackson, we can talk about it. – No! | – Jackson 我们谈谈吧 – 不! | 
| [37:22] | – Get back here! – Get away from me! | – 回来! – 离我远点 | 
| [37:24] | Why are you following me? | 你干吗跟着我? | 
| [37:26] | – Don’t you follow me. – Come on! | – 别跟着我 – 别跑! | 
| [38:24] | Pardon me. There you are. | 抱歉 你来啦 | 
| [38:28] | We did it. We sure did. | 我们做到了 我们的确做到了 | 
| [38:32] | God, I feel wonderful! | 老天 我感觉棒极了 | 
| [38:35] | I’m so glad it turned out the way you wanted it to. | 很高兴做成了你想要的那样 | 
| [38:37] | You have no idea. | 你无法想象 | 
| [38:38] | They just told me they’re going to share a condo in Tucson, Arizona. | 他们刚刚告诉我准备共用亚利桑那州图森城的公寓 | 
| [38:43] | That’s hundreds of miles away. | 在好几百英里之外 | 
| [38:45] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜你 – 谢谢 | 
| [38:48] | Sister Sledge! Excuse me. | 是Sister Sledge! 抱歉 | 
| [39:05] | – Hey, stranger. – Hey. | – 嘿 陌生人 – 嘿 | 
| [39:07] | – Good turnout? – Yeah. | – 参加的人很多? – 没错 | 
| [39:09] | – Want something to drink? – Are you trying to make up? | – 要点喝的吗? – 你想重归于好? | 
| [39:12] | – No, I’m trying to hydrate you. – I’m fine, thanks. | – 不 我只是试图让你与水化合 – 我不渴 谢谢 | 
| [39:17] | – I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | – 我道歉 – 没关系 | 
| [39:19] | A crazy, evil spirit obsessed with bra size took over my body. | 昨天我被一个为内衣大小所困扰的疯狂恶鬼附身了 | 
| [39:23] | – It happens. – She’s gone now. | – 常发生 – 她不在了 | 
| [39:25] | Good to know. | 知道了真好 | 
| [39:27] | I’m glad you’re bonding with your grandparents. | 我很乐意你和姥姥姥爷相处融洽 | 
| [39:30] | – No, you’re not. – Yes, I am. | – 不 你不乐意 – 不 乐意 | 
| [39:31] | It’s just weird for me, is all. I just can’t relate to it. | 我只是觉得很怪 就是这样的 我只是还不能接受 | 
| [39:35] | – You could if you tried. – No. We’re too… | – 试试你就行的 – 不能 我们太… | 
| [39:39] | Too much has happened. | 发生了太多事 | 
| [39:43] | I’m glad you are, anyway. | 不管怎样 我很高兴你和他们处得很好 | 
| [39:47] | I didn’t mean to cut you off from them so completely, you know. | 你知道 我不是要你完全远离他们 | 
| [39:50] | It just happened. | 只是这样发生了 | 
| [39:52] | Not having them in my life just felt so right. | 我的生活里没有他们 我觉得很自在 | 
| [39:55] | I just never thought… | 我只是从没想过… | 
| [39:58] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [39:59] | I did not pay $500 for this dress… | 我没有花500元买这条裙子… | 
| [40:02] | so you could run around and mess it up. Now you sit and be still. | 你就可以到处乱跑把裙子搞得脏兮兮的了吗? 现在你坐下别动 | 
| [40:06] | Cross your legs. You’re a lady. | 把腿交叉起来 你是淑女 | 
| [40:13] | God, I must have had a million dresses like that when I was a kid. | 老天 我小时候有无数这样的裙子 | 
| [40:17] | – It doesn’t really scream “you.” – No. | – 并不真的吸引你 – 是的 | 
| [40:21] | I did all the screaming. | 吸引人的是我自己 | 
| [40:26] | Thank you for not putting me in a dress like that. | 谢谢你没有让我穿那样的裙子 | 
| [40:29] | You’re welcome. | 没什么 | 
| [40:31] | Of course, wearing those dresses… Not all bad. | 当然 穿那些裙子 也不是没有好处的 | 
| [40:34] | Oh, no. They really fly up when you twirl around. | 噢 有好处 你转圈的时候 裙子整个就飞起来了 | 
| [40:37] | And if you’re wearing that ruffled underwear, big crowd pleaser. | 如果你穿有花边的内裤 你会让整个人群很开心的 | 
| [40:44] | If it makes you feel better, I think I got a fungus from the steam room. | 如果这能让你感觉好点儿 我想去了桑拿房后 我长了个痘痘 | 
| [40:49] | It does. Thank you. | 确实让我感觉好点儿了 谢谢 | 
| [41:13] | Oh, good. You’re here. | 噢 好 你们来了 | 
| [41:15] | Hi, Grandma. | 嗨 姥姥 | 
| [41:16] | – My goodness. What’s that? – We brought dessert. | – 老天 那是什么? – 我们带了甜点来 | 
| [41:19] | – Really? How thoughtful! What is it? – Blueberry shortcake. | – 真的?心真细 是什么甜点? – 蓝莓薄饼 | 
| [41:22] | – I’ve never heard of blueberry shortcake. – It’s a Stars Hollow specialty. | – 我从没听说过蓝莓脆饼 – 是Stars Hollow 的特产 | 
| [41:26] | – Why is it already cut? – It’s left over. | – 怎么已经切好了? – 是婚礼上 | 
| [41:29] | From the wedding. | 吃剩下的 | 
| [41:30] | At the inn. | 旅馆里的 | 
| [41:32] | I know where the wedding was. | 我知道婚礼在那儿举行的 | 
| [41:33] | Sorry. You were just doing that staring thing. | 对不起 因为你一直发呆 | 
| [41:35] | – You brought us used dessert? – It’s not used. It’s left over. | – 你带给我们吃过的甜点? – 不是吃过 是剩下的 | 
| [41:39] | How nice. | 多好 | 
| [41:40] | I’ll just put it in the kitchen next to my half-empty box of cheer. | 我要把它放在厨房里 放在那半空了的欢欣喜悦盒旁边 | 
| [41:44] | She’s in a good mood tonight. | 她今晚心情很好 | 
| [41:47] | Can I get you a drink? | 我给你弄点喝的? | 
| [41:48] | – White wine would be great. – Coke. | – 白葡萄酒就行了 – 可乐 | 
| [41:51] | Did Rory tell you all about the wonderful time she had at the club? | Rory告诉你她在俱乐部过得很开心的事情了吗? | 
| [41:55] | – She sure did. – Your father was simply flying all week. | – 她当然告诉我了 – 你爸爸整个星期都神采飞扬 | 
| [41:59] | – She really charmed him. – Lf anybody could, it would be her. | – 她真的把他迷住了 – 如果有人可以的话 那一定是她 | 
| [42:02] | In this age of MTV and 100 television channels… | 在这个充满着MTV和100个电视频道的年代 | 
| [42:06] | who would have thought a girl could still get a thrill… | 谁能想到一个女孩子还能因为 | 
| [42:09] | spending a simple afternoon with her grandfather? | 和姥爷度过了简单的一下午而激动的? | 
| [42:11] | That wine would be real good right now. | 马上能喝到酒 就好了 | 
| [42:13] | I think we should consider getting her a membership at the club. | 我想我们该考虑让她成为俱乐部的会员 | 
| [42:16] | If she wants, sure. | 如果她想要 当然可以 | 
| [42:17] | To have a place to go where she can socialize. | 让她有个地方去社交 | 
| [42:19] | That’s very important to a young girl. | 对于女孩子来说这很重要 | 
| [42:21] | Now especially that the crack den has closed down on the corner… | 特别是现在街角那个有很好的活动室 关闭了… | 
| [42:25] | all her really good friends are gone. | 她所有的好朋友都离开了 | 
| [42:28] | What do you think, should I pursue the career in comedy? | 你怎么想? 我该去演喜剧吗? | 
| [42:32] | It’s just very interesting the way things turn out, isn’t it? | 只是事情发展得很有趣 不是吗? | 
| [42:37] | Oh, you’re here. | Oh, 你在这儿 | 
| [42:39] | – Lorelai. – Dad. | – Lorelai – 爸爸 | 
| [42:41] | Rory, I have a surprise. | Rory 有个惊喜给你 | 
| [42:43] | Not only did I find that copy of Mencken’s Chrestomathy we discussed… | 我不仅找到了我们谈过的Mencken的佳文选摘 | 
| [42:47] | I also found a first edition of his memoirs as well. | 还找到了他第一版的回忆录 | 
| [42:49] | – You’re kidding. – It’s in my office if you’d like to see them. | – 你在开玩笑吧 – 想看就到我的办公室来 | 
| [42:52] | Oh, my God, I totally would. | 天啦 我绝对要去 | 
| [42:57] | I’d like to take a look at those myself. | 我自己也想看看 |