时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on Gilmore Girls. | |
[00:04] | – My God, I’m going to Chilton? – You did it, babe. You got in. | – 天啦 我要去Chilton啦? – 你做到了 宝贝儿 你被录取了 |
[00:06] | This guy asked about you today. | 那个人今天问起你 |
[00:08] | – I’m Dean. – Hi. | – 我是Dean – 嗨 |
[00:09] | – What did he want to know? – Where you were. | – 他想知道什么? – 你到哪儿去了? |
[00:11] | – What did you say? – You had to go to the genius school. | – 你怎么说的? – 你得去读天才学校 |
[00:14] | I’ve been watching you. | 我一直很注意你 |
[00:15] | When? | 什么时候? |
[00:16] | Every day. | 每一天 |
[00:18] | – I’m Max Medina. – Nice to meet you. | – 我是Max Medina – 很高兴认识你 |
[00:21] | I’m gonna miss the test! | 我可能要错过考试了! |
[00:23] | – Go! – I’m gone! | – 快走! – 我走了! |
[00:25] | – What about the test? – You’ve missed the test. | – 考试怎么办? – 你错过考试了 |
[00:27] | I’m ready for it. | 我准备好参加考试了 |
[00:28] | I know everything about Shakespeare. | 我知道莎士比亚的任何事情 |
[00:30] | I think there’s been a terrible mistake. | 我想一定有个大错误 |
[00:33] | Rory told me that she wasn’t allowed to take her test. | Rory 告诉我 不允许她参加考试 |
[00:36] | She was late. | 她迟到了 |
[00:38] | You say she’s smart and she’ll do fine. | 还有你 你说她很聪明 会做得很好的 |
[00:40] | And this rotting, stodgy rathole could use somebody like her. | 这个腐烂的 拥挤的鼠穴 需要像她这样的人 |
[00:43] | Then you shut her out of a test that she’s crammed for… | 然后你不让她参加考试 她为此苦读… |
[00:46] | that she completely deserves to take! | 而且她绝对有权参加考试! |
[00:48] | No. Harvard is my dream. | 不 我的梦想是读哈佛大学 |
[00:50] | I want it more than anything. I swear. | 那是我最想要的了 我发誓 |
[00:53] | I’m not ready to give up on Chilton yet. | 我还没准备放弃Chilton |
[00:55] | It’s Max Medina calling. | Max Medina打来的 |
[00:56] | Lorelai, it was a pleasure encountering you. | Lorelai 很高兴遇到你 |
[00:59] | I hope it happens again. | 希望能再次遇见你 |
[01:01] | Bye | Bye. |
[01:03] | Where did you say Dad was? | 你说爸爸在哪儿? |
[01:05] | – Away on business. – Location’s top-secret? | – 在外出差 – 出差地点是最高机密? |
[01:08] | Germany. | 德国 |
[01:10] | – Is Dad’s firm insuring Nazis? – Your father doesn’t know any Nazis. | – 爸爸的公司为纳粹投保吗? – 你爸爸根本不认识纳粹 |
[01:13] | – I know, Mom. I was just… – What? | – 我知道 妈妈 我只是在… – 什么? |
[01:16] | Joking. She was joking. | 开玩笑 她是在开玩笑 |
[01:19] | – Hard to tell. – Yeah. | – 很难分清楚 – 没错 |
[01:23] | I’m afraid I have some bad news. Claudia died. | 我恐怕要说些坏消息 Claudia 去世了 |
[01:26] | – Who? – Claudia, your cousin. | – 谁? – Claudia 你的表姐 |
[01:31] | I’m hearing the name, Mom. I have no idea who that is. | 我听清楚名字了 妈妈 我完全不知道那是谁 |
[01:33] | Claudia’s your cousin, for all intents and purposes. | Claudia是你的表姐 无论从哪一方面看 |
[01:36] | Now we’re getting to it. | 终于说到点上了 |
[01:37] | She was your father’s grandmother’s sister’s girl. | 她是你爸爸的祖母的 姐姐的女儿 |
[01:40] | – So, to you, that would make her… – Nothing? | – 所以 对你来说 她是… – 什么都不是? |
[01:42] | Regardless. Funeral’s on Thursday. I thought we’d all go together. | 不管怎么样 葬礼定在星期四 我想我们可以一起去 |
[01:46] | Two problems: One, impossible to get away from the Inn on Thursday. | 两个问题: 第一 星期四没法从旅馆抽身 |
[01:49] | Two, I’ve never met this woman. | 第二 我没见过这个女人 |
[01:50] | – You certainly have. – When? | – 你肯定见过 – 什么时候? |
[01:52] | – Several times. – I’ll take one. | – 好几次 – 说一次给我听听 |
[01:54] | We went to her house in Groton to see the first moon landing. | 我们去她在Groton的家 看人类第一次登陆月球 |
[01:57] | She’d just gotten a new Philco. | 她刚刚买了台Philco(飞歌牌)电视机 |
[01:58] | I have no memory of this whatsoever. | 不管是什么 我一点印象也没有 |
[02:00] | Rory, correct me if I’m wrong, but men have walked on the moon… | Rory 如果我错了请纠正我 但是人类已经登陆过月球了 |
[02:03] | regardless of whether your mother remembers. | 不管你妈妈是否记得 |
[02:05] | That’s the rumor. | 那都是谣言 |
[02:07] | I know men have walked on the moon. I just don’t know Claudia. | 我知道人类登陆过月球了 我只是不知道Claudia是谁 |
[02:10] | – So you’re not going? – Not this time. | – 这么说你不去? – 这次不去 |
[02:12] | I don’t think Claudia’s planning to die a second time. | 不认为Claudia会计划再死一次 |
[02:14] | – Mom, I couldn’t go if I wanted to. – Fine. | – 妈妈 就算我想去也去不了 – 算了 |
[02:20] | Wait, Rudolph Gottfried. | 等等 Rudolph Gottfried |
[02:23] | Another cousin? | 又一个表兄? |
[02:25] | No, a Nazi that we knew. I’d forgotten. We stayed with him once in Munich. | 不是 是我们认识的一个纳粹 我之前都忘记他了 我们在慕尼黑的时候曾经和他待在一起 |
[02:28] | Nice old man. Interesting stories. | 有趣的老头 很多有趣的故事 |
[02:30] | Mom, you socialized with a known Nazi? | 妈妈 你和一个纳粹有来往? |
[02:34] | That’s despicable. That’s heinous. | 那样做很卑劣 让人憎恨 |
[02:36] | No, dear, that was a joke. | 没有 亲爱的 那是个玩笑 |
[03:45] | I have an idea for a new reality show. | 我对新的真人秀节目有意见 |
[03:47] | How about everyone just looks out their kitchen window for a change? | 每个人干吗不朝厨房窗户外面看呢? |
[03:51] | She’s cranky this morning. | 她今天早上脾气很暴躁哟 |
[03:53] | Let’s just say the world’s got a formidable opponent. | 该说是这世界多了一个可怕的反对者吧 |
[03:56] | – Wait. Shouldn’t you be baking? – I don’t know. Shouldn’t you be knitting? | – 等等 你不是应该在烤面包吗? – 不知道 你不是应该正在编织吗? |
[03:59] | – Mom, the Chilton bake sale is today. – I know. I got it covered. | – 妈妈 Chilton家制糕点义卖是在今天 – 我知道 我让别人帮我做了 (为募集基金而举行的) |
[04:03] | – They expect things to be homemade… – I know. | – 他们希望糕点都是家里自制的… – 我知道 |
[04:05] | …by someone other than Dolly Madison. | …除了 Dolly Madison之外的人做的 (以美国总统占姆斯・麦迪森的妻子命名的烘培糕点) |
[04:07] | I said I have it covered. | 我说过我找人帮我做了 |
[04:10] | All of the parents pitch in, so this is really important. You know that, right? | 所有的家长都回来做 所以 这真得很重要 你知道这点 对吧? |
[04:14] | I didn’t know that. In that case, I don’t have it covered. | 我不知道 那样的话 我就不叫人做了 |
[04:16] | I have it covered. | 我让人做了的 |
[04:18] | – Get your stuff, hit the stereo. We’re late. – That’s not me. | – 带好东西 关上音响 我们迟到了 – 不是我迟到 |
[04:25] | Where does your mom think you are? | 你妈妈以为你在哪儿? |
[04:28] | On a park bench, contemplating the reunification of the two Koreas. | 在公园的长凳上 思考北朝鲜和南韩的再统一 |
[04:32] | Not here, skanking to Rancid? | 不是在这儿 听着Rancid(摇滚乐队)疯狂摇摆? |
[04:34] | – Wouldn’t be included. – School. | – 她想不到的 – 上学 |
[04:39] | Bye | Bye. |
[04:43] | Wow, Cinnamon, riding in style. | 哇 Cinnamon 车子很有型 |
[04:45] | Yeah, Morey made it. | 是的 Morey 做的 |
[04:47] | Cinnamon’s not walking good these days, but she still likes her passeggiatas. | Cinnamon这几天不太走得动 但她仍然很喜欢passeggiatas |
[04:52] | – That’s Italian for “a nice walk.” – Passeggiata. | – 那是意大利语里的令人愉快的散步的意思 – Passeggiata |
[04:55] | – Oh, God, he makes it sound so sexy. – Come on. | – 噢天啦 他把这个词说得多性感 – 别这样 |
[04:59] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[05:00] | That’s Cinnamon’s private area. Sometimes she likes to be alone. | 那是 Cinnamon私人空间 有时候她想一个人呆着 |
[05:04] | She’s just like Morey in that sense. | 从这种意义上讲 她和 Morey很像 |
[05:08] | Say “passeggiata” again. | 再说一次”passeggiata” |
[05:10] | I can’t do it on command, Babs. | 命令我做 我就没法做 宝贝儿 |
[05:12] | He’s blushing. God, I love a man that blushes. | 他脸红了 老天 我爱会脸红的男人 |
[05:17] | – Okay, our town is just weird. – Thank God. | – 好吧 我们的小镇真是很古怪 – 谢天谢地 |
[05:21] | Bye | Bye. |
[05:23] | – I’ll see you later at school. – For what? | – 等会儿在学校见 – 为什么? |
[05:25] | Mom, the bake sale. | 妈妈 家制糕点义卖 |
[05:26] | – I got the vein in the forehead. – Sadist. | – 我看到你前额的青筋了 – 虐待狂 |
[06:04] | – Morning. – Good book? | – 早安 – 好书? |
[06:07] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[06:08] | I saw you standing in line, so I thought I’d say hello. | 我看到你在排队等车 所以我想来跟你问声好 |
[06:12] | – Hello? – Hello. | – 你好? – 你好 |
[06:16] | Thanks for helping me get the job at the store. | 谢谢你帮我得到店里的工作 |
[06:19] | It’s not a career or anything, but it’s got me solvent. | 那并不是职业什么的 但是它让我有偿付能力 |
[06:21] | – Solvent is good. – Yeah. | – 有偿付能力是好事 – 是的 |
[06:24] | – Are you always this serious? – No. | – 你总这么严肃吗? – 不是的 |
[06:27] | So, how long does it take you to get to school? | 去学校得花多少时间? |
[06:31] | Forty minutes if the bus driver’s focused… | 如果司机专心开车 40分钟就到了… |
[06:33] | but longer if he’s trying to win something on the radio. | 如果他想通过广播赢取什么奖的话 那就得久点儿 |
[06:37] | – This bus is going to Hartford. – Yeah, I know. | – 这辆车是去Hartford的 – 没错 我知道 |
[06:39] | But you go to school here. You have to get off the bus. | 但是你在这儿上学 你得下车 |
[06:43] | – He has to get off the bus. – Wait. | – 他得下车 – 等等 |
[06:46] | You’re forgetting something. | 你忘记什么了 |
[06:48] | Buses make stops. | 公车在车站会停车 |
[06:51] | Goodbye, Lorelai Gilmore. | 再见 Lorelai Gilmore |
[07:05] | Independence Inn, Michel speaking. | 独立旅馆 我是Michel |
[07:09] | Yes, you are confirmed. | 是的 你可以确认了 |
[07:12] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[07:16] | No, sorry. | 不 抱歉 |
[07:20] | Sir, I’m a simple country boy from Texas. | 先生 我只是德克萨斯来的乡下男孩 |
[07:22] | I do not understand this Francais business you’re babbling about. | 我不明白你说个没完的专业法语 |
[07:26] | Pardon. | 抱歉 |
[07:29] | – He knows you are not from Texas. – Smile when you say that. | – 他知道你不是德克萨斯州来的 – 说这个时 请微笑 |
[07:33] | Michel, I told you there would be a French group here for some days… | Michel 我告诉过你有个 法国团来这儿住几天… |
[07:36] | and it’s your job to keep them happy. | 你的工作是让他们高兴 |
[07:38] | I don’t know how many French people you’ve met over the years… | 我不知道这些年你遇到过多少法国人… |
[07:41] | – but most of them are insufferable. – Really? | – 但是大多数法国人都难以相处 – 真的吗? |
[07:44] | That is why I left France. | 所以我才离开了法国 |
[07:47] | I thought it had something to do with the torches and the villagers. | 我以为跟火把和村民有关呢 |
[07:51] | – Michel, talk to them. – Never. | – Michel 和他们说话 – 决不 |
[07:54] | You are giving me that look, aren’t you? | 你给我那种脸色看了 不是吗? |
[07:57] | Your patented “do it or something unspeakable shall befall you” look. | “照我说得做否则可怕的事情会发生在你身上” 这是你的专利脸色 |
[08:02] | Fine. I shall be French, but I shall not be happy. | 好 我会做回法国人 但是我不会高兴的 |
[08:06] | Then you will be yourself. Good choice. | 那你只是做你自己 不错的选择 |
[08:25] | Kill me now. | 杀了我吧 |
[08:38] | Okay, we’ve got our French fantasies… | 好了 我们有法国式的视觉幻想… |
[08:41] | American treats, and our Italian taste sensations. | 美式的款待 意大利式的味道 |
[08:49] | – What do you think? – Amazing. | – 你觉得怎么样? – 了不起 |
[08:51] | Incredible. | 难以置信 |
[08:52] | It is good, isn’t it? Well, final touch. | 真好 不是吗? 好 最后一步 |
[08:58] | Can I do that? | 我来做可以吗? |
[09:00] | Honey, this is a more delicate procedure than you might think. | 甜心 这个步骤比你想得更精细 |
[09:04] | – Okay. – It takes an expert hand. | – 好 – 需要内行来做 |
[09:15] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[09:17] | What is that, $1? Let me just give you… | 那是什么 1块钱? 我来给你… |
[09:20] | Let me find you $1. | 我来找1块钱 |
[09:23] | You know what? I’ll take two. I’ll drink one. | 你知道吗? 要两杯 我喝一杯 |
[09:28] | Tasty and flame-retardant. | 好喝 又防火 |
[09:37] | – Very Henry Vlll. – We’re not into subtle. | – 非常亨利八世 – 我们没那么细腻 (1491-1547是英格兰国王非常受欢迎) |
[09:41] | – Good to see you, Lorelai. – Good to see you, Mr. Medina. | – 很高兴见到你 Lorelai – 很高兴见到你 Medina先生 |
[09:43] | – Max. – Mr. Medina. | – Max – Medina先生 |
[09:45] | Mr. Medina, meet Sookie, the chef at the Inn. | Medina先生 见见Sookie 旅馆的厨师 |
[09:48] | – Sookie, Mr. Medina. – What’s the name again? | – Sookie Medina先生 – 再说一遍叫什么? |
[09:50] | – Mr. Medina. – I know, you’ve said it a zillion times. | – Medina先生 – 我知道 你说过无数遍了 |
[09:52] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:54] | Lorelai, can I borrow you for a second? | Lorelai 能过来和你聊两句吗? |
[09:57] | Yeah, sure. | 是的 当然 |
[10:02] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[10:05] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[10:08] | So? | 什么事? |
[10:10] | You know, Lorelai, I would love for the ice to thaw. | 你知道 Lorelai 我希望我们之间的冰冻能够溶解 |
[10:13] | – There’s no ice. – You repeated my full name four times. | – 这儿没有冰 – 你重复了四次我的全名 |
[10:15] | – That’s ice. – That’s not ice. It’s wintry. | – 那就是我说的冰 – 那不是冰冻 是冷漠 |
[10:18] | I was doing my job when I didn’t let Rory take that test. | 我没让Rory参加考试 只是在工作而已 |
[10:20] | – I didn’t like it, but I had to do it. – I know. | – 我不喜欢 但我不得不这么做 – 我知道 |
[10:23] | – And I’d do it again. – Okay. | – 下次我还是会这样做 – 随便 |
[10:24] | I really do think Rory’s a great kid… | 我真的认为Rory是个很棒的孩子… |
[10:26] | and I’ll do my damnedest to make sure she gets through Chilton in one piece. | 我一定会尽全力保证 她完整无缺的读完Chilton |
[10:30] | I appreciate that. | 你这么做我很感激 |
[10:32] | – And I’d like us to be friends. – We are. Me, too. | – 而且我希望我们能成为朋友 – 我们是朋友啊 我也希望是 |
[10:36] | – Yeah? – Really, truly, I swear. There’s no more ice. | – 是吗? – 真的 一点不假 我发誓 我们之间再没有冰 |
[10:40] | We’re walking in a pool of tepid water. | 我们走在一池温水中 |
[10:43] | Good. | 好极了 |
[10:46] | I’m going to propose something here. I’m not sure how you’re gonna take it. | 我打算在这儿建议点事情 不确定你是否会接受 |
[10:50] | Wow, intrigue. | 哇 有意思 |
[10:52] | I’d like to see you sometime. | 我想什么时候和你再见面 |
[10:55] | Away from the ivy, away from the gargoyles, away from here. | 远离这些常春藤 远离这些奇怪的喷水嘴 远离这里 |
[10:59] | – Are you asking me out on a date? – Yes. | – 你是在约我吗? – 是的 |
[11:03] | Well, I don’t want to go out on a limb here… | 听我说 我不希望把这搞得很难堪 |
[11:06] | but if the headmaster won’t let a kid be 30 seconds late for a test… | 但是如果校长不让迟到30秒的孩子参加考试… |
[11:09] | he’d probably frown on a teacher dating a mom. | 他大概也会反对老师和学生的妈妈约会 |
[11:12] | I do my job well, I’m dedicated to my students… | 我工作做得很好 我尽心尽力地教我的学生… |
[11:15] | and there’s nothing in the Chilton Book of Ethics that prohibits it. | Chilton的道德守则里没有禁止这种事情 |
[11:18] | But I’m guessing it’s sort of an unwritten rule. | 但是我猜大概是条不成文的规定 |
[11:20] | – Do you want to go? – Rory would probably freak at the thought. | – 你想来吗? – Rory 大概会被这个想法给吓坏的 |
[11:23] | Other parents would have a field day with this thing. | 其他家长一定会逮住这件事情 大做文章的 |
[11:26] | – Do you want to go? – Yes. | – 你想去吗? – 是的 |
[11:27] | – Good. – Wait. | – 好 – 等等 |
[11:28] | – What? – No. | – 什么? – 还是算了 |
[11:30] | – Why? – I can’t. | – 为什么? – 我不能 |
[11:31] | – It’s wrong. It’s weird. – I’ll pay. | – 这么做是错的 而且很怪 – 我会买单的 |
[11:32] | – You’re on. – Really? | – 你请客? – 真的? |
[11:35] | I’m kidding. I don’t know. You’re Rory’s teacher. | 我开玩笑的 我不知道 你是 Rory的老师 |
[11:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:39] | Could you quit? Right, that’s crazy. I’m sorry. | 你能辞职吗? 算了 那样做是疯掉了 我道歉 |
[11:42] | Okay. | 没事 |
[11:44] | How about coffee? You like coffee? | 咖啡怎么样? 你喜欢喝咖啡吗? |
[11:47] | Only with my oxygen. | 就跟我的氧气一样 |
[11:49] | Can we drink some together? A sort of pre-date. | 我们能一起喝咖啡吗? 当是约会的序幕 |
[11:53] | Very casual, no strings, no obligations. | 非常随意 没有约束 没有责任 |
[11:56] | We’ll see if it’s worth going down the road of including food in the deal. | 我们看看值不值得一起吃饭 |
[12:02] | Just coffee. | 只是喝咖啡 |
[12:05] | Decaf? | 脱咖啡因的? |
[12:08] | There’s nothing safer than decaf. | 没什么比脱咖啡因咖啡更安全了 |
[12:13] | I’m gonna be in town tomorrow because I take a class at Hartford State… | 明天我会到镇上去 因为我在Hartford州有节课要上… |
[12:17] | and there’s a coffee shop across the street… | 对街有家咖啡店… |
[12:19] | that I sometimes, almost all the time, go to around 4:00… | 我有时候 几乎总是在四点左右去那儿… |
[12:23] | and usually exactly 4:12. | 更准确一点 通常在4:12去那里 |
[12:24] | I could not stop a person from entering said establishment around that time… | 我不能阻止别人在那个时间进入 我刚刚说过的那个咖啡店 … |
[12:29] | nor would I avoid them… | 也不会躲着他们… |
[12:32] | if I knew them, if they did. | 就算我认识他们 就算他们这么做了 |
[12:36] | You know, the wordsmith thing, that’s something we have in common. | 你知道吗 这种文字游戏 是我们的相同之处 |
[12:39] | So, see you around, Max. | 那么到时候见 Max |
[12:43] | Indeed. You will. | 当然 你会见到我的 |
[12:54] | Philadelphia. | 费城 |
[12:56] | Philadelphia? If you could live in any city in the world… | 费城? 如果你能在世界上 任何一个城市居住… |
[12:59] | you’d pick Philadelphia? | 你会选择费城? |
[13:00] | – M. Night Shyamalan lives there. – Who? | – M. Night Shyamalan 住在那儿 – 谁? |
[13:03] | The guy who directed The Sixth Sense. | 执导《第六感》的人 |
[13:06] | But what would you do there? | 但是你在那儿能做什么? |
[13:08] | Hang out with M. Night Shyamalan. | 跟M. Night Shyamalan在一起 |
[13:11] | Okay, cross “Guidance Counselor” off your list of potential career choices. | 好 请在可选职业的单子上划掉指导顾问 |
[13:15] | Lie still, baby doll. We’re almost home. | 躺好 宝贝儿 我们快到家了 |
[13:18] | – Hey, Babbette. – Hey, kids. | – 嘿 Babbette – 嘿 孩子们 |
[13:22] | Wow, that sounds bad. | 哇 听上去不妙 |
[13:24] | Cinnamon’s dyspeptic. So is Morey. | Cinnamon消化不良 Morey也是 |
[13:28] | – Too many clams. – Bad clams. | – 吃了太多蛤 – 不好的蛤 |
[13:30] | This doesn’t reflect well on Al’s establishment. | Al店里的不太好 |
[13:32] | – You had clams at Al’s? – Al’s Pancake World? | – 你在Al那儿吃的蛤? – Al的薄饼世界? |
[13:35] | Yeah, we had a coupon. | 是的 我们有优惠券 |
[13:44] | Wow, the store. | 哇 商店 |
[13:46] | – Listen, I have to pick up some stuff, so… – What do you have to pick up? | – 听着 我得买些东西 所以… – 你需要买什么? |
[13:50] | Just some stuff. | 就是一些东西 |
[13:53] | So, I’ll talk to you later tonight. | 那我们今晚再聊 |
[13:55] | – I’ll go in with you. – Why? | – 我要和你一起进去 – 为什么? |
[13:57] | Because, otherwise, I’d have to go home. | 因为 不那样的话 我就得回家 |
[13:59] | – Home is good. – My home? | – 回家很好啊 – 我家? |
[14:02] | Actually, I don’t have to go in. | 事实上 我不是非得进去 |
[14:04] | Okay, then I guess I will go home. | 好了 我想我还是回家了 |
[14:06] | Great. Go. Bye. | 好的 走吧 Bye |
[14:09] | Bye. Freak. | Bye 怪人 |
[14:37] | Rory! Hello. | Rory! 你好 |
[14:40] | – Try a plum. They’re better than sex. – No, thanks. | – 尝尝李子 它们比做爱更美妙 – 不用了 谢谢 |
[14:43] | Fresh fruit always has such a sensuality about it. | 新鲜的水果 总让人联想到肉体上的欲望 |
[14:49] | – Are you too young for this? – Definitely. | – 你太年轻了 不了解这些? – 绝对是 |
[14:52] | – What are you here for, honey? – Well, I just… | – 你来这儿买什么 亲爱的? – 啊 我只是… |
[14:56] | I see what you’re here for. | 我知道你为啥来这儿了 |
[14:58] | That wouldn’t fit in a basket. No. | 那个可装不进篮子里 不行 |
[15:02] | Patty, it’s not like that. He’s just a person. | Patty 不是那样的他只是某个人而已 |
[15:06] | – A person? – A boy-type person. | – 一个人? – 男孩型的 |
[15:08] | – My favorite kind. – I really don’t even know him. | – 我最爱的类型 – 我真的不怎么认识他 |
[15:11] | – Right. You don’t know him? – I don’t. | – 好啦 你不认识他? – 不认识 |
[15:13] | – You said. – Please don’t say anything. | – 你说过了 – 请你什么都别说 |
[15:16] | I promise I won’t tell a soul that you don’t know that young man. | 我保证不会告诉任何人 你认识那个小伙子 |
[15:19] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[15:24] | Ma’am, what are you doing? | 你在做什么 女士? |
[15:26] | Please, honey, don’t call me ma’am. It makes me feel older than 25. | 亲爱的 别叫我女士 让我感觉超过25岁了 |
[15:29] | Here, have a pea pod. | 这儿 来点豌豆荚 |
[15:31] | I’m assuming you’ll pay for the food that you’ve consumed on the premises. | 我假设前提是你会为你吃的这些食品付帐 |
[15:36] | So brusque. | 太粗鲁了 |
[15:37] | – And you are? – I’m the new assistant manager here. | – 你是? – 我是新来的经理助理 |
[15:41] | Listen here, my fine friend, who, if he had a better hairstyle… | 听好 我的朋友 要是有个更好的发型… |
[15:44] | I might consider dating. I do this all the time. | 我也许会考虑着约会的 我一直这样试吃 |
[15:47] | Not from now on. I’m sorry. | 现在开始不行了 抱歉 |
[15:49] | Wait a minute. I’ve been sampling food at this establishment for years. | 等等 我很多年来一直在这家店免费品尝 |
[15:53] | If you put something in that mouth that doesn’t belong there… | 下次你再品尝不该放进嘴里的东西… |
[15:56] | I’ll remove it and then call the police. | 我会拿掉它然后报警 |
[16:04] | Is this all you want? A head of lettuce and a mousetrap? | 这就是你想要的? 一个生菜头和一个捕鼠器? |
[16:06] | – That should do it. – That’s a couple of must-need items there. | – 这样就好了 – 那真是买了两样必需用品 |
[16:12] | – $2.27. – I only have $1. | – 2.27元 – 我只有1美元 |
[16:15] | – I can loan you the rest. – No, I’ll just take the lettuce. | – 我借给你剩下的钱 – 不用了 我只要生菜好了 |
[16:19] | Perfect. You could use half of it for a salad… | 好极了 你可以用一半做沙拉… |
[16:22] | then use the other half to clobber the mouse with. | 用剩下那一半 打老鼠 |
[16:25] | – Paper or plastic? – I’m fine. | – 纸袋还是塑料袋? – 不用了 |
[16:50] | – Lorelai? – Max. Hi. | – Lorelai? – Max 嗨 |
[16:53] | – Small world? – Absolutely. | – 世界真是小? – 绝对是 |
[16:55] | – What are you drinking? – Coffee. | – 你在喝什么? – 咖啡 |
[16:57] | Plain coffee? | 纯咖啡? |
[16:58] | I wanted some cream, but that prompted a very elaborate foam conversation. | 我想要奶油的 但是却回想起一场 非常细致的关于泡沫的对话 |
[17:02] | The disapproval I got when I said I didn’t want foam, just cream… | 当我说只要奶油不要泡沫时所得到的不赞成 |
[17:05] | rivaled the one from my dad when I told him I wanted to teach. | 可以和我告诉我爸爸我想要教书时 他的不赞成相提并论 |
[17:08] | Wow, so it’s been a tough outing for you. | 哇 这真是一场艰难的外出 |
[17:11] | It’s getting better. | 好点了 |
[17:13] | – What can I get you? – Coffee, please. | – 你要点什么? – 咖啡 谢谢 |
[17:19] | So, here we are. | 我们都在这儿了 |
[17:21] | – Here we most certainly are. – Running into each other. | – 我们当然都在这儿了 – 巧遇对方 |
[17:24] | – Away from school. – And its unique strictures. | – 远离学校 – 和它的责难 |
[17:26] | – These things do happen. – Fate can be funny. | – 那种事情真的会发生 – 命运有时很滑稽可笑 |
[17:29] | Should we cut the cute and just get to it? | 我们应该开门见山 直接说重点吗? |
[17:31] | – I think we should date. – Why? | – 我觉得我们该约会 – 为什么? |
[17:33] | – Because I think we both want to. – I want to be in The Bangles. | – 因为我认为我们俩都想和对方约会 – 我想加入The Bangles(手镯合唱团) |
[17:37] | It doesn’t mean I quit my job and get a guitar and ruin my life… | 这不表示 我会辞掉我的工作 买把吉他 然后毁掉我的生活 |
[17:40] | to be a Bangle. Does it? | 来成为乐队的一员 不是吗? |
[17:42] | – The Bangles broke up. – That’s not the point. | – The Bangles 解散了 – 那不是重点 |
[17:44] | It’s got to be part of it, if there’s no band anymore. | 就算再也没有这个乐队了 也总有它的一部分 |
[17:47] | I repeat my question. Why should we date? | 我重复我的问题 我们问什么该约会? |
[17:49] | Because we’re clearly attracted to each other. | 因为我们很明显的被对方吸引 |
[17:51] | I’m attracted to pie. It doesn’t mean I feel the need to date pie. | 派吸引我 不表示我觉得有需要和派约会 |
[17:56] | Okay, then, because we are… of similar heights. | 好 那么 因为我们… 差不多高 |
[18:00] | Wow. Round 1 and already tapped. | 哇 第一回合已经敲响了 |
[18:03] | Look, I know that you are concerned about the appearance of us dating. | 听我说 我知道你很担心 我们约会会被发现 |
[18:07] | Yes, I am. | 是的 我很担心 |
[18:08] | I can tell you I’m the soul of discretion… | 我可以告诉你当涉及到微妙关系时… |
[18:10] | when it comes to delicate relationships. | 我极为谨慎 |
[18:13] | Dated a lot of Chilton moms? | 和很多Chilton的妈妈约会过? |
[18:15] | No, I meant any relationship, work, family. | 不是 我指任何的关系 工作上的 家庭的 |
[18:18] | So you have things to hide in all aspects of your life. Very interesting. | 也就是说你生活的每个方面 都有东西要隐瞒 有趣 |
[18:22] | Do you have any hemlock back there? Arsenic, something quick. | 你柜台后面有hemlock(毒药)吗 ? 砒霜 让人解脱的更快的东西 |
[18:27] | – Do you like rap music? – Yeah. | – 你喜欢说唱音乐吗? – 喜欢 |
[18:29] | Me, too. | 我也喜欢 |
[18:30] | – Italian food? – Yeah. | – 意大利菜? – 喜欢 |
[18:32] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[18:33] | – You telling me what I want to hear? – Yeah. | – 你说了我想听到的? – 没错 |
[18:35] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[18:36] | Doesn’t mean it doesn’t coincide with how I feel. | 这不意味着和我的感觉不一致 |
[18:39] | If you’re telling what I wanna hear then I’m not getting to know you. | 如果你说我想听到的 那我就不能增进对你的了解了 |
[18:42] | If I know what you want to hear, it shows my understanding of you… | 如果我知道你想听到什么 说明我对你的了解程度… |
[18:45] | far exceeds your understanding of me. | 大大超过你对我的了解程度 |
[18:49] | Who’s the one lagging? | 谁落后了? |
[18:52] | Wow. Round 1 and already tapped. | 哇 第一回合已经敲响了 |
[18:56] | Rory is my life. She’s my pal. My everything. | Rory 就是我的人生 她是我的好友 我的一切 |
[18:59] | And I would never ever do anything that would hurt her. | 我不会做任何可能伤害她的事情 |
[19:04] | – But Rory is not a baby anymore. – Don’t say that. | – 但是Rory不再是个小孩子了 – 别这么说 |
[19:07] | She’s eight, and her favorite hobby is making necklaces out of gum wrappers. | 她只有8随 她的爱好是 用口香糖包装纸做项链 |
[19:11] | You could try stunting her growth, keeping her in a box… | 你可以试试阻止她长大 把她放在盒子里… |
[19:14] | blowing cigarette smoke on her. | 对她吞云吐雾 |
[19:17] | You are so taking this out of context. | 真是脱离了上下文 |
[19:27] | When my uncle was a young man… | 我舅舅还年轻的时候… |
[19:30] | there was this girl who lived across the street from him… | 对街住着个女孩… |
[19:33] | and he was completely in love with her. But he never talked to her. | 他一心一意的爱着她 但是他从不和她说过话 |
[19:36] | He knew in his gut that this was the girl he wanted to spend his life with. | 他心里知道他想和这个女孩共度余生 |
[19:41] | This is gonna be sad, isn’t it? | 这是个悲剧 不是吗? |
[19:42] | – Let me finish. – It’s gonna be sad. | – 让我说完 – 结局会很不好的 |
[19:44] | So, anyhow, my uncle watches this girl… | 总之 我舅舅一直留意这个女孩… |
[19:46] | waiting for the right moment to approach her. | 等待最佳时机接近她 |
[19:48] | – Next thing he knows, he gets drafted. – I’m going for the Kleenex. | – 下件他知道的事情就是 他被应征入伍 – 我去拿点Kleenex(面纸) |
[19:52] | Now, he thinks, “This is perfect. I’ll come back…” | 这时 他想”这很好 我会回来的…” |
[19:55] | “I’ll have a career, I’ll have served my country. I’ll be worthy of her love.” | “我有了工作 我为国家效力了 我要值得她爱” |
[19:59] | When he gets back, she’s gone. | 他回来时 她已经走了 |
[20:01] | Moved away. No one knew where. | 搬走了 没人知道搬去了哪里 |
[20:04] | And he never saw that girl again. | 之后他就再也没见过那个女孩了 |
[20:07] | Now, my uncle, he didn’t say much to me. | 现在 我舅舅不会跟我说很多 |
[20:11] | But the one thing that he did say… | 但是他说过的一件事就是… |
[20:13] | was that if there’s something in your gut… | 如果你心里有这么个东西… |
[20:17] | that you know you feel is right… | 你也知道感觉是对的… |
[20:20] | you got to go after it, no matter what. | 不管怎么样 你都得争取得到它 |
[20:24] | What do you say? | 你怎么说? |
[20:37] | Maybe dinner… | 也许 一起吃晚饭… |
[20:40] | wouldn’t be such a bad idea. | 不会是个很坏的注意 |
[20:43] | Dinner? You mean we could sit together, even drive together? | 晚饭? 你是说我们可以坐在一起 甚至一起开车? |
[20:46] | – Just take the card. – I might frame the card. | – 收着卡片吧 – 我要把卡片装裱起来 |
[20:49] | – Just use the card. – I definitely will. | – 拿来用就行了 – 我肯定会用的 |
[21:00] | What? | 什么? |
[21:02] | That story about your uncle, is that true? | 你舅舅的故事 是真的吗? |
[21:09] | Goodbye, Lorelai Gilmore. | 再见 Lorelai Gilmore |
[21:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:23] | Life is a funny thing, huh? | 生活真是很滑稽 哼? |
[21:26] | Yeah, I love that Jim Carrey. | 没错 我喜欢Jim Carrey(美国喜剧演员) |
[21:28] | – What? – Jim Carrey. | – 什么? – Jim Carrey |
[21:30] | – He’s just funny. – He is funny. | – 他很滑稽搞笑 – 他是很滑稽搞笑 |
[21:33] | But then I don’t mean funny-funny. I’m being philosophical. | 但我不是说搞笑的那种滑稽 我指的哲学上的 |
[21:37] | Very serious face. Jean Paul Sartre. | 好严肃的一张脸 Jean Paul Sartre (让-保尔・萨特 法国作家) |
[21:40] | I can’t talk to you with that face. | 我不能用这张脸和你说话 |
[21:42] | How do you guys get any work done? | 你们是怎么完成工作的? |
[21:45] | So why is life such a funny thing? | 为什么生活这么滑稽? |
[21:47] | – I met this amazing guy. – Goody! | – 我认识了个很棒的人 – 好啊! |
[21:51] | There’s goody stuff about it, but there’s baddy stuff, too. | 这件事有好的一面 但是也有坏的一面 |
[21:53] | He teaches at Chilton. Max. You met him at the bake sale. | 他在Chilton教书 Max 你之前在家制糕饼义卖见到过他了 |
[21:56] | – He looked good. – Yeah. Right. | – 他长得挺帅 – 没错 是的 |
[21:58] | He’s so sexy, smart, and funny, and he likes coffee. | 他太性感 聪明 有趣了 而且他喜欢咖啡 |
[22:01] | God, he sounds perfect for you. | 天啦 他和你太配了 |
[22:03] | – Did you get onions? – No. | – 拿洋葱了吗? – 没有 |
[22:05] | Luke, you forgot the onions. | Luke 你忘记放洋葱了 |
[22:08] | I’m just so mixed up. This is a real crossroads situation. | 我都被搞昏了 真是难以抉择的情形 |
[22:11] | It’s like: To perm or not to perm. I’m really confused. | 就像是: 烫发还是不烫发 我真得很困惑 |
[22:14] | For heaven’s sake! Go ahead. I’m still listening. | 老天! 继续 我在听 |
[22:18] | You were about to perm your hair. | 你快要烫发了 |
[22:21] | I just want to do the right thing. | 我只想做对的选择 |
[22:23] | – I don’t see what the problem is. – There are many problems. | – 我没看出问题在哪儿 – 有很多问题 |
[22:26] | First: I do not like to involve Rory in my personal life. | 第一: 我不想Rory介入我的私人生活 |
[22:29] | I don’t want her to deal with that. | 我不想她处理这些 |
[22:31] | I bring some guy home, and he might not be the guy… | 我带某个人回家 但他也许不是合适的人… |
[22:34] | but then she gets all attached to him, and then all of a sudden I decide… | 但是她对他有了感情 突然 我决定… |
[22:37] | that I don’t like the way he eats, or he hums incessantly… | 我不喜欢他吃东西的样子 不喜欢不间断的哼歌… |
[22:41] | Or the way he smacks his lips, or how his hair isn’t his own. | 不喜欢他拍嘴的样子 不喜欢他的头发是假的 |
[22:44] | Then I break up with him, and Rory is the one who gets hurt. | 然后我和他分手 Rory 是受伤害的那个 |
[22:47] | – I totally understand. – This guy is her teacher. | – 我完全明白 – 那人是她的老师 |
[22:49] | I can’t keep him out of her life. She sees him every day. | 我无法让他远离Rory的生活 她每天都见到他 |
[22:52] | – Are you the open-faced turkey? – Yep. | – 你点的是开面火鸡吗? – 是的 |
[22:54] | I added a little fresh lemon and a little cayenne pepper. | 我加了一点点新鲜的柠檬 和一点点辣椒粉 |
[22:57] | You’re gonna plotz! | 你会兴奋的! |
[23:00] | You do know that Rory’s not a baby anymore? | 你确实知道 Rory不再是小孩子了? |
[23:02] | That’s what he said. | 他也这么说过 |
[23:04] | Maybe I’m being too serious, right? Maybe I should loosen the rules a bit. | 也许我太认真了 对吗? 也许我该把标准放松点 |
[23:07] | – Plus, it would be great to get, you know. – What? | – 另外 你知道得到那个很棒 – 得到哪个? |
[23:12] | – You know. – No, I don’t. | – 你知道的 – 不 我不知道 |
[23:14] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[23:16] | He knows. | 他知道 |
[23:17] | – You know? – Yeah, I know. | – 你知道? – 对的 我知道 |
[23:20] | – Sookie! – I was looking for your paprika. | – Sookie! – 我在找你的辣椒粉 |
[23:22] | – What have I said about the counter? – I know. | – 关于柜台 我说过什么? – 我知道 |
[23:25] | How the counter is a sacred space, my sacred space. | 柜台是个多么神圣的地方 属于我的神圣的地方 |
[23:28] | You don’t do yoga on the Dalai Lama’s mat. | 你不会在达赖喇嘛的垫子上练瑜伽 |
[23:29] | And you don’t come behind my counter. Period! | 所以不要到我的柜台 句号! |
[23:32] | I was trying to help! | 我只是想帮忙! |
[23:33] | You bring her again, I want her on a leash! I mean it. | 你再把她带来 希望有绳子拴着她! 我说真的 |
[23:37] | He does make a damn fine burger though. | 不过 他做汉堡确实做得很好 |
[23:39] | He does at that. | 确实很好 |
[23:40] | All right. I’m just gonna keep it simple. I’ll tell Rory. | 好了 我要把事情简单化 我会告诉Rory的 |
[23:43] | If there’s even an ounce of weirdness about it, I’ll cancel. | 如果她觉得有任何的怪异 我马上结束它 |
[23:46] | – You haven’t told Rory yet? – No. | – 你还没告诉Rory? – 没有 |
[23:48] | – Oops. – No, not oops. | – 糟糕 – 不 不糟糕 |
[23:50] | The timing hasn’t been right. This is a very delicate, fragile situation. | 时机不对 这是个很微妙很容易搞砸的情形 |
[23:55] | It’s like your souffles. If you don’t do it right, it’s a disaster. | 就像你的蛋奶酥 如果你没有正确地做 那将是场灾难 |
[23:58] | And you have to order it 45 minutes in advance. | 你得提前45分分钟预订 |
[24:01] | – My souffle. – Right. | – 我做的蛋奶酥 – 对的 |
[24:03] | But I wasn’t speaking directly about your souffle. | 我并没有直接在说你的蛋奶酥 |
[24:05] | I was speaking metaphorically. | 我只是打比方 |
[24:07] | – So you don’t like my souffles? – How do we work together? | – 那你不喜欢我的蛋奶酥? – 那我们怎么一起工作的? |
[24:11] | Mom, you better come. | 妈妈 你最好来一下 |
[24:12] | – Honey, what’s wrong? – It’s Cinnamon. | – 亲爱的 怎么了? – 是Cinnamon出事了 |
[24:30] | – Babbette? Honey? – Lorelai, come in. | – Babbette? 亲爱的? – Lorelai 进来 |
[24:36] | She’s gone. | 她去世了 |
[24:38] | – Cinnamon’s gone. – I’m so sorry. | – Cinnamon走了 – 很遗憾 |
[24:42] | Is there anything I can do for you, Morey? | 我有什么能为你做的吗 Morey? |
[24:44] | This is life, Rory. It breaks your heart. | 生活就是这样 Rory 它让你伤心 |
[24:47] | She looked like she was sleeping. | 看上去她像睡着了一样 |
[24:48] | I thought she was asleep, so I nudged her and she didn’t wake. | 我本来以为她睡着了 所以我碰她 她也没醒 |
[24:52] | I gave her a push and she rolled off the couch… | 我推她 她从睡椅上滚下来… |
[24:55] | and since I’d just waxed the floor, she went shooting across the room. | 我刚给地板打过蜡 她滑飞到房间的另一边 |
[24:59] | And then she knocked over the lamp and she still didn’t move. | 之后她撞倒了灯 她还是一动不动 |
[25:02] | I knew it was over. Oh, God, my baby. | 我知道她离开了 噢 老天 我的宝贝儿 |
[25:06] | Tell me it wasn’t the… | 告诉我不是因为… |
[25:08] | Morey, don’t do this to yourself. He thinks it was the clams. | Morey 别这样对自己 他觉得是因为那些蛤 |
[25:11] | She saw me eating them, and she gave me that, “Hey, man, what’s up?” look… | 她看到我在吃蛤 她脸上就露出”嘿 伙计 怎么样?”的表情 |
[25:15] | It wasn’t the clams. | 不是因为蛤 |
[25:17] | Morey, in human years, this cat was 260 years old. | Morey 用人类的岁数来算 这只猫已经260岁了 |
[25:21] | That’s a good long life. | 是很长很棒的一生了 |
[25:22] | Listen, why don’t you let me take her out to the van? | 听我说 为什么不让我把她抬到货车里? |
[25:25] | – And then I’ll get out of your way. – No, stay. | – 然后我就离开了 – 别走 留下 |
[25:28] | All of you, please stay. Cinnamon would want you here. | 你们所有人 都请留下来 Cinnamon 会想要你们在这儿的 |
[25:32] | We’ll stay as long as you want. | 只要你想 我们就留下 |
[25:34] | – I’ll never eat clams again. – Me either. | – 我再也不吃蛤了 – 我也是 |
[25:51] | They said that they rolled her body into a lamp? | 他们说她的身体滚到了灯那里? |
[25:56] | Did you laugh? | 你笑了? |
[25:58] | Did you want to? | 你想笑? |
[26:01] | – But it’s sad. – Yeah, it’s sad. | – 但是很悲伤 – 没错 是很悲伤 |
[26:06] | Hello? | 有人吗? |
[26:08] | Hello, where is Lorelai? I’m dropping something off. | 有人吗 Lorelai在哪儿? 我要放点东西在这儿 |
[26:11] | Yoo-hoo, heehaw man, where’s Lorelai Gilmore? | 傻爷们 Lorelai Gilmore在哪儿? |
[26:15] | Thank you. I could not get back to the Inn. | 谢谢 我没办法回旅馆 |
[26:18] | What? You are having a party, and I was not invited? | 什么? 你正在开派对而我没在邀请之列? |
[26:21] | Sweetie, it’s not a party. It’s a wake. | 亲爱的 不是派对 是丧事 |
[26:24] | – Really? Who died? – Their cat. | – 真的? 谁去世了? – 他们的猫 |
[26:29] | – You are mourning a cat? – Yes. | – 你在哀悼一只猫? – 是的 |
[26:32] | They lick their privates, these cats. | 这些猫 他们舔自己的私处 |
[26:35] | Not the comforting chit-chat we’re looking for. | 这不是我们想听的安慰话 |
[26:37] | Goodbye. I’ll talk to you later. Thank you. | 再见 我迟点再和你聊 谢谢 |
[26:39] | Babbette, Morey, I came as soon as I heard. | Babbette Morey 我一听说就赶来了 |
[26:44] | – Darling, what do you need? – A little air, honey. | – 亲爱的 你需要什么? – 一点点空气 亲爱的 |
[26:51] | – What you got in the bag? – Bricks. | – 你包里装得什么? – 砖头 |
[26:53] | – Yeah, good one. – Bless you both! | – 没错 真好 – 保佑你们两个! |
[26:56] | Everyone’s starved. Come in. | 每个人都要饿死了 进来 |
[27:06] | Okay, how should we do this? | 好了 我们该怎么做 |
[27:08] | We’ll create a flow through the room to avoid bottlenecks. | 人们的队伍要在房间里流动起来 避免堵塞 |
[27:11] | People coming in the front door will want a beverage. | 从前门进来的人会想要饮料 |
[27:13] | Put them on the first table, then the hors d’oeuvres next to that… | 把它们放到第一张桌子上 把开胃菜放到旁边… |
[27:17] | leaving one hand free to greet the people. | 留下一只手和人打招呼 |
[27:19] | Then, back there, set up plates and cutlery. | 话说回来 摆好盘子和餐具 |
[27:21] | First the salads, then the meat, then the desserts on the bench. | 先上沙拉 然后上肉食 甜点放在钢琴椅上 |
[27:24] | – How’s that sound? – Dig in! | – 听上去怎么样? – 开始吃! |
[27:41] | – I wasn’t expecting you. – Or me you. I mean, you me. | – 没想到你会来 – 或者说是我没想到你会来 我是说 你没想到我会来 |
[27:46] | I mean, come on in, you. | 我说 你快进来 |
[27:53] | – Do you know him? – No. | – 你认识他吗? – 不认识 |
[27:55] | No? | 不认识? |
[27:57] | He goes to my old school, so I see him there sometimes… | 他读我以前的学校, 所以我有时候会在那儿遇到他… |
[28:00] | – but I go to Chilton now. – Thanks for the update. | – 但是我现在读Chilton了 – 谢谢你补充最新资料 |
[28:05] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[28:09] | – Do you have a second? – No, I have gum. | – 有时间吗? – 没有 我有口香糖 |
[28:13] | – No, thanks. Look… – I have to get back. | – 不用 谢谢 看… – 我得回去了 |
[28:17] | Okay, sure. | 好 当然 |
[28:19] | I’ll see you later. | 回头见 |
[28:31] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[28:34] | – Isn’t that… – No! | – 那不是… – 不是! |
[28:37] | – That’s Mr. Medina. – Tonight’s Thursday. | – 那是Medina先生 – 今晚是星期四 |
[28:40] | Am I in trouble? | 我闯祸了吗? |
[28:42] | – Did the school call or something? – No, you’re great. | – 学校打来电话还是怎么了吗? – 没有 你很好 |
[28:46] | Let me just come back in just one second. | 我走开一下马上回来 |
[28:48] | – Wait, what’s going on? – I’ll tell you in a minute. | – 等等 怎么回事? – 我一会儿告诉你 |
[28:50] | – Tell me now. – Max is here. | – 现在告诉我 – Max在这儿 |
[28:53] | – Max? – Max is here to pick me up. | – Max? – Max 到这儿来接我 |
[28:55] | Pick you up for… | 接你去… |
[28:59] | I’m gonna talk to him real quick, and I’m gonna be right back. | 我很快和他说几句话 马上回来 |
[29:10] | I was knocking, but no one answered. | 我敲了门 但是没人应门 |
[29:12] | I know. I was at the neighbors’ house. | 我知道 我在邻居家 |
[29:14] | Max, I should have called you sooner, but… | Max 我本该早点打电话给你的 但是… |
[29:17] | – You’re canceling. – I know it’s totally last-minute. | – 你取消约会了 – 我知道这是最后一刻才做的决定 |
[29:20] | – I’m heartbroken. – I completely forgot about our date. | – 我心碎了 – 我完全忘记我们的约会了 |
[29:23] | – And forgettable. – No, you’re memorable. | – 这么容易就被忘记了 – 不是的 你很令人难忘 |
[29:25] | I’ve been memorabling you all week. | 我整个星期都在回忆你 |
[29:28] | It’s just, we had a little emergency. | 只是有些突发事件 |
[29:31] | – Rory? Is Rory okay? – Rory’s fine. It’s the neighbors’ cat. | – Rory? Rory 怎么了? – Rory很好 是邻居的猫 |
[29:35] | – The neighbors’… – Cat, she died. | – 邻居的… – 猫 她死了 |
[29:39] | – She died. – This was a very fat, very beloved cat. | – 她死了 – 那是一只很胖 很讨人喜欢的猫 |
[29:43] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[29:50] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[29:51] | And I don’t want to force something on you that you don’t want. | 我不想强迫你做你不想做的事情 |
[29:57] | No. Wait. Max, you’re not forcing anything on me. | 不 等等 Max 你没有强迫我做任何事 |
[30:00] | I am telling the truth about the cat. | 关于那只猫 我对你说的是实话 |
[30:03] | Max, please don’t read that much into this. | Max 别想太多 |
[30:06] | Call me, and we’ll reschedule. I promise that’s what I want. | 打电话给我 我们重新约时间 我保证这才是我想要的 |
[30:13] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[30:14] | Cross my heart and hope that no other neighborhood pets die on that day. | 我会祈祷 但愿其他邻居的 宠物不在那天死的 |
[30:19] | Okay, I’ll call. | 好 我会再来电话的 |
[30:23] | Good. | 好 |
[30:25] | – I’m sorry about… – Cinnamon. | – 很遗憾… – Cinnamon |
[30:43] | Stupid cat! Couldn’t have held on one more day? | 笨猫! 就不能再多活一天吗? |
[30:50] | – Is that meatloaf? – Yeah. | – 那是猪肉卷吗? – 是的 |
[30:52] | You use ketchup? | 你加了调味料? |
[30:53] | – You gonna make fun of my mother, too? – Sorry. | – 你也要取笑我妈妈吗? – 对不起 |
[30:55] | My Roquefort puffs would complement that dish quite well. | 我的酪可福会和这道菜很配的 |
[30:58] | – It’s fine on its own. Thank you. – Right. | – 它就这样很好 谢谢 – 算了 |
[31:03] | Okay, toss some on the plate. | 好 放一些在盘子里 |
[31:05] | Can I make a pretty design? Maybe make some layers? | 我能摆个好看的图案吗? 也许做成几层? |
[31:09] | Right. Tossing them on. Got it. | 好 继续把它们放在盘子里 明白了 |
[31:11] | Have you guys seen Rory anywhere? | 你们在哪儿看到Rory了吗? |
[31:13] | – Yeah, I think she headed that way. – Okay, thanks. | – 是的 我想她刚才朝那边走了 – 好的 谢谢 |
[31:21] | Excuse me, ma’am? | 不好意思 女士? |
[31:23] | Well, if it isn’t Kirk the Jerk. | 哦 这不是怪人Kirk |
[31:25] | I want to apologize for what happened at the store yesterday. | 我想为昨天店里发生的事道歉 |
[31:29] | I’m listening. | 我听着 |
[31:30] | I wasn’t aware you were the Miss Patty. | 我没意识到你是Patty小姐 |
[31:32] | The owner tells me you’re one of our best customers… | 老板告诉我 你是我们最好的顾客之一… |
[31:35] | and that you can put anything in that mouth that you want. | 你可以把任何你想要吃的东西 放进嘴里 |
[31:38] | Those were his words. I could have paraphrased. | 这是他说的 我本来可以改写的 |
[31:40] | Stop sweating and close your pores, Kirky. I always forgive. | 别流汗了 把毛孔都关上吧 Kirky 我总是原谅别人 |
[31:44] | – Thank you. – Once. | – 谢谢 – 就一次 |
[31:50] | – Babbette. – Hello, sugar. | – Babbette – 嗨 甜心 |
[31:52] | – Can I get you something? – No, I’m fine. I’m looking for Rory. | – 你需要什么吗? – 不用 我很好 我在找Rory |
[31:56] | – I think she might be in the bathroom. – Thanks. | – 我想她应该在浴室里 – 谢谢 |
[32:00] | – Can I help you with something? – No. | – 需要我帮你什么吗? – 不用 |
[32:01] | I thought I’d just get some of this stuff packed away. | 我想要把有的东西打包 |
[32:05] | It’s like a scene from the kitty version of Valley of the Dolls. | 真像是”娃娃谷”的小猫版本的场景 |
[32:08] | Yeah, you never realize how old they actually are… | 是的 直到你看了药柜… |
[32:12] | till you look in the medicine cabinet. | 你才会意识到他们有多老 |
[32:15] | These were for her heartworms. | 这些是治他的恶丝虫 |
[32:18] | For her thyroid, her kidneys… | 甲状腺 肾… |
[32:21] | for the rash she got from taking these… | 吃药过敏发的皮疹的… |
[32:23] | and these were for the tics she developed from taking the stuff for the rash. | 这些是吃过治皮疹的药后 引起痉挛的时候吃的 |
[32:28] | And these are… These are mine. | 这些是… 这些是我的 |
[32:32] | Damn. I’m gonna miss that old broad. | 该死 我会想那只大猫的 |
[32:35] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:36] | You know, I don’t know what I’m gonna do with myself now. | 你知道 我不知道现在该拿自己怎么办了 |
[32:40] | You live to take care of your kids. | 你活着是为了照顾你的子女 |
[32:42] | I know, sweetie, but you gave her everything you had. | 我知道 亲爱的 你给了她你拥有的一切 |
[32:46] | She was so tiny when I got her, she could sleep in my shoe. | 她刚来的时候 多小啊 可以睡在我的鞋子里 |
[32:50] | The other day, I came across a hat that I made for Rory. | 有一天 我无意中发现一顶我给Rory做的帽子 |
[32:54] | – It was like a doll hat. – They grow up so fast. | – 真像是洋娃娃的帽子 – 他们长得太快了 |
[32:57] | And then they take your clothes. | 然后他们就可以穿你的衣服了 |
[32:59] | I guess, eventually, you have to move on. | 我想 最终当你不用忙着照顾别人时 |
[33:02] | Figure out what your life is gonna be… | 你还得继续活下去 |
[33:04] | when you’re not busy taking care of somebody else. | 想清楚你的生活将会是怎么样的… |
[33:11] | Jeez, look at this place. Not a clean glass in sight. | 哇 看看这个地方 连一个干净的杯子都看不到 |
[33:15] | Let me help you with that. | 我来帮你 |
[33:22] | Here, sugar, use this. | 这儿 宝贝儿 坐在上面 |
[33:24] | Morey sits on it when he helps me. | Morey 帮我时就坐在这儿 |
[33:30] | – How does Morey get around in here? – Just fine. | – Morey 在这儿过得怎么样? – 很好 |
[33:33] | He had a couple of concussions his first year here. | 他第一年来的时候 得了几次脑震荡 |
[33:36] | But he never complains. | 但是他从未抱怨 |
[33:38] | He’s just the best thing. | 他真是最好的人 |
[33:41] | Don’t know what I’d do without him. | 不知道没有他我该怎么办 |
[33:48] | What do you mean without him? | 你说没有他 是什么意思? |
[33:50] | I saw on Oprah a few weeks ago… | 我几周前看了Oprah (OprahWinfrey的脱口秀节目)… |
[33:53] | she had on couples who lost a child. | 她专访了失去了小孩的夫妇 |
[33:57] | Most of the marriages went belly up for the pain of it all. | 大多数婚姻都因为失去孩子的伤痛 而破裂了 |
[34:01] | Even though they loved each other. | 尽管他们爱着对方 |
[34:02] | Babbette, that is not gonna happen to you. | Babbette 那不会发生在你身上的 |
[34:05] | I never thought a man would ever even want me. | 我从未想过有男人会要我 |
[34:08] | I know the feeling. | 我明白那种感受 |
[34:09] | Please, with that ass? Give me a break. | 拜托 你那样的屁股 让我喘口气吧 |
[34:12] | I mean, want me for more than my ass. | 我是说 不只因为我的屁股而要我的 |
[34:16] | For me. The whole package. | 而是因为我 我的全部 |
[34:18] | – Annoying neuroses and all. – You’ll find him. | – 讨厌的神经衰弱还有全部 – 你会找到他的 |
[34:21] | It might even be that stud that drove out of here in that Mustang. | 甚至有可能是开野马车离开这儿的那个人 |
[34:26] | – Did you see him? – Yes. | – 你看到他了? – 是的 |
[34:28] | – What a jaw. – Right. He’s got a great jaw. | – 下巴长得多好 – 没错 他的下巴是不错 |
[34:31] | – How is he in the sack? – I haven’t gone out with him yet. | – 他在床上怎么样? – 我还没和他约会过呢 |
[34:35] | Will you tell me how he is when you do? | 做了之后告诉我他怎么样? |
[34:37] | I’ll call you during the cigarette. | 事后抽烟的时候我会打电话告诉你的 |
[34:45] | That’s Cinnamon’s song. | 那是Cinnamon的歌 |
[35:17] | – I can’t find Rory anywhere. – I’m sure she’s around. | – 我哪儿都找不到Rory – 我敢说她就在附近 |
[35:20] | Max showed up for the date I forgot about, and she saw him. | Max 因为约会到了在我家门口接我 我完全忘记了约会的事情 她看到他了 |
[35:23] | – You haven’t told her. – No. | – 你还没告诉她 – 没有 |
[35:24] | – Oops. – Stop with the oops. | – 糟糕 – 别再说糟糕 |
[35:26] | Okay, calm down. It’s not that big of a deal. | 好的 别慌 没什么大不了的 |
[35:29] | Her teacher showed up on her porch to take out her mother. | 她的老师出现在门廊来载她母亲去约会 |
[35:31] | She’ll understand. You’re crazy. She knows that. | 她会理解的 你疯了 她知道的 |
[35:34] | – Enough of the comforting, Sookie. – Sorry. | – 安慰的够多了 Sookie – 抱歉 |
[35:46] | Jeez, you scared me. | 天哪 你吓到我了 |
[35:48] | Yeah, look, I just wanted to say that I’m sorry. | 嗯 我只是想来道歉 |
[35:51] | – For what? – I’ve been kind of bugging you lately. | – 为什么道歉? – 最近我一直打扰你 |
[35:55] | I thought you maybe liked me, but it’s obvious that you’re not interested. | 我以为你可能喜欢我 但是很明显你对我没有兴趣 |
[35:59] | So I just wanted to say that I get it. | 所以我只想说我明白了 |
[36:02] | And I’m not gonna bother you anymore. | 我再也不会烦你了 |
[36:12] | Wait! | 等等! |
[36:15] | I am interested. | 我有兴趣 |
[36:18] | – You are? – Yes. | – 有兴趣? – 是的 |
[36:21] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[36:31] | Finally. I’ve been looking everywhere for you. | 终于找到你了 我到处找你 |
[36:33] | – You found me. – I have some explaining to do. | – 你找到我了 – 我要给你解释一些事情 |
[36:36] | So sit down in that tiny chair. I’m gonna do it right now. | 所以坐在小椅子上 我马上就开始说 |
[36:40] | That man on the porch was your teacher. | 门廊上那个男的是你的老师 |
[36:45] | Mom, I’m a little behind in school… | 妈妈 在学校我是有点落后… |
[36:47] | but not so behind that I don’t know who the teacher is. So? | 但是不至于落后到不知道 老师是谁 那又怎么样? |
[36:52] | He and I were going to sort of hang out together. | 他和我准备一起出去玩 |
[36:55] | – On a date. – No. | – 约会 – 不是 |
[36:56] | On something that could appear like a date to the untrained eye. | 对于外行来说看上去像是约会 |
[37:00] | – And to your daughter’s eye? – It was a date. | – 你女儿看来呢? – 是约会 |
[37:02] | – How long have you been dating him? – This was gonna be the first time. | – 你和他约会多久了? – 没有过 这是第一次 |
[37:05] | When were you planning to tell me? On your wedding? | 你准备什么时候告诉我 你的婚礼上? |
[37:08] | No, by the rehearsal dinner at least. | 不 至少也在婚礼前的排演宴会上 |
[37:10] | – He’s my teacher. – I know. | – 他是我的老师 – 我知道 |
[37:14] | He teaches me things every day… | 他每天在小教室里… |
[37:16] | in a small classroom with a lot of other kids… | 教我和其他很多小孩… |
[37:18] | who won’t be high-fiving me when they find this out. | 他们知道这件事后可不会和我击掌 表示祝贺 |
[37:21] | I know. I told him this was one of the things I was concerned about. | 我知道 我告诉过他 这是我担忧的其中一件事 |
[37:24] | – And? – And he thought we could be discreet. | – 然后呢? – 然后他认为我们可以很小心 |
[37:26] | – Unbelievable! – Are you mad? | – 难以置信! – 你疯了吗? |
[37:28] | – Yes. – Right. | – 是的 – 对 |
[37:29] | – Because I’m dating him? – Because you lied to me. | – 因为我正和约会? – 因为你对我说谎 |
[37:32] | – I kept information from you. – Information that I should have had. | – 我对你隐瞒了事实 – 我本应该知道的事实 |
[37:35] | It would’ve come out eventually like the Iran-Contra Scandal. | 它最终也会像伊朗门事件 那样真相大白的 (美国里根政府出售武器给伊朗 并将部分军售得款用来援助尼加拉瓜反政府军) |
[37:38] | – So you’re Oliver North. – No, I’m Fawn Hall. | – 那么你是Oliver North? (当年伊朗门的主角 里根总统的替罪羊) – 不 我是 Fawn Hall (Oliver North妨碍司法正义的同谋) |
[37:40] | – Mom. – She was much prettier. | – 妈妈 – 她更漂亮些 |
[37:43] | I can’t believe that you didn’t tell me about this. Why wouldn’t you tell me? | 我不敢相信你居然没告诉我这些 为什么不能告诉我? |
[37:47] | ‘Cause I thought you were going to take it bad. Thank God I was wrong. | 因为我以为你会没法接受 谢天谢地我错了 |
[37:51] | Okay. Listen, I’m sorry. I won’t date him. I promise. | 好了 听我说 我很抱歉 我保证不会和他约会了 |
[37:56] | I’m not saying that you can’t date him. | 我没说你不能和他约会 |
[37:58] | It’s just… This is weird. | 只是… 这样太奇怪了 |
[38:01] | I mean, there are a million guys in this world… | 我是说 世界上的男人千千万… |
[38:03] | and you end up with Mr. Medina. | 你最后和Medina先生在一起 |
[38:05] | You think I don’t get the weirdness factor? | 你认为我没看到古怪因素吗? |
[38:07] | Believe me, the last thing I intended to do was date your teacher. | 相信我 我最不愿意做的就是和你的老师约会 |
[38:10] | – I believe you. – I really like him, Rory. I can’t help it. | – 我信你 – 我真得很喜欢他 Rory 我情不自禁 |
[38:14] | It’s been a long time since I’ve felt like this. | 我好久没感觉像这样了 |
[38:17] | You can’t always control who you’re attracted to. | 你无法控制会被谁吸引 |
[38:19] | The Angelina Jolie-Billy Bob Thornton thing really proves that. | Angelina Jolie和Billy Bob Thornton 的结合真的证明了这一点 |
[38:22] | I know you don’t understand this now, but you will someday. | 我想你现在也许不明白 但是有一天你会明白的 |
[38:25] | You’ll meet some great guy, and he’ll make your head all foggy… | 你会遇到很棒的人 他会迷得你昏头转向… |
[38:28] | and you won’t know what to do with yourself. | 你不知道该拿自己怎么办了 |
[38:31] | Sweetie, I won’t keep anything from you again. Okay? I promise. | 甜心 我再也不会跟你隐瞒任何事情了 好吗? 我发誓 |
[38:34] | From now on, every aspect of my life is an open book to you. | 从现在开始 我生活的任何一方面都对你敞开 |
[38:38] | – It’s okay. – Really. | – 没关系的 – 真的 |
[38:40] | I’m not even gonna get dressed until I tell you what I’m thinking of wearing. | 我甚至要等到告诉你我要穿什么以后才开始穿衣服 |
[38:45] | – Fair enough. – Okay. | – 很公平 – 好的 |
[38:47] | Tomorrow, I’m thinking… | 明天 我想会穿… |
[38:49] | the purple tiger top, the black leather skirt, the panda-bear underwear? | 紫色的虎纹上衣 黑皮裙 熊猫内衣? |
[38:53] | Good. | 不错 |
[38:54] | But of course I’m totally open to suggestions. | 但是当然 我完全乐意接受意见 |
[38:57] | Here’s one: Get some help. | 这里就有一个: 让别人帮你 |
[39:04] | – Let us know if we can do anything. – You’ve done too much already. | – 有什么我们能做的一定告诉我们 – 你已经做得太多了 |
[39:10] | – Good night, Babbette. – Good night, sugar. | – 晚安 Babbette – 晚安 甜心 |
[39:12] | – Good night, Morey. – Stay cool, Rory. | – 晚安 Morey – 保持冷静 Rory |
[39:22] | It’s getting late. | 时间不早了 |
[39:24] | Let’s stay outside awhile, baby. | 我们在外面呆一会儿吧 宝贝儿 |
[39:27] | – Look for the Big Dipper. – Okay, I’d like that. | – 找找看北斗七星 – 好的 我很乐意 |
[39:53] | – Hello. – I’ve been trying to get you all afternoon. | – 你好 – 我一下午都试图联络你们 |
[39:56] | – Mom? – Yes. | – 妈妈? – 是的 |
[39:58] | – You already said that. – But someone hasn’t. | – 你刚刚说过了 – 但是有人没有 |
[40:02] | Hello. | 喂 |
[40:03] | – There we go. – You are impossible to reach. | – 这就对了 – 根本找不到你们 |
[40:05] | There’s no messages on the machine. | 答录机上没有留言 |
[40:07] | I don’t leave messages. | 我从不留言 |
[40:08] | If I wanted to talk to a machine, I’d talk to my VCR. Where were you? | 如果我想对着机器说话 我会对着我的录像机说的 你们到哪儿去了? |
[40:12] | – At a wake. – A what? | – 参加丧事 – 什么? |
[40:13] | A wake. A funeral. | 丧事 葬礼 |
[40:15] | – A funeral? Whose? – It was for the neighbors’… | – 葬礼? 谁的? – 邻居的… |
[40:18] | cat. | 猫的 |
[40:23] | Hold on. I’m looking up “aneurysm” in our medical dictionary to see if I just had one. | 别挂 我正在医学字典里查”动脉瘤” 这个词 看看我是不是刚长了一个 |
[40:27] | I just wanted to be honest with you, Mom. Silly me. | 我只是想对你诚实些 妈妈 我真笨 |
[40:30] | – A cat? – Yeah, it was a cat’s funeral. | – 一只猫? – 是的 一只猫的葬礼 |
[40:32] | You skipped your own cousin’s funeral for a cat funeral? | 你因为一只猫的葬礼 不去你表姐的葬礼? |
[40:36] | Not my cousin. My father’s grandmother’s sister’s girl who I never… | 不是我的表姐。 我爸爸祖母的 姐姐的女儿,我从没见过… |
[40:39] | You said you can’t be away from the Inn. | 你说过你从旅馆抽不了身 |
[40:41] | – I couldn’t at the time, but I worked it out. – For a cat. | – 那个时候我本来是走不开的 但是我解决好了 – 为了一只猫 |
[40:44] | It’s late. I have a big day tomorrow, Mom. | 很晚了 明天对我来说是个重要的日子 妈妈 |
[40:47] | What? You’re going to a raccoon’s wedding? | 什么? 你要去参加浣熊的婚礼? |
[40:49] | – Good night, Mother. – Good night. | – 晚安 妈妈 – 晚安 |
[40:55] | She’s working for a sedative manufacturer. | 她为镇静剂生产商工作 |
[40:57] | Keeping that demand sky-high. | 让镇静剂的需求量高得上了天 |
[40:59] | You shouldn’t have told her. | 你本不该告诉她的 |
[41:00] | I don’t know what to tell and what to hide. | 我不知道什么该说 什么该隐瞒 |
[41:06] | So, we never did quite settle the whole dating-your-teacher issue. | 我们还没有解决好 整个约会你老师的问题 |
[41:12] | I won’t go out with him if you don’t want me to. | 如果你不同意 我就不和他约会了 |
[41:14] | You can go out with whoever you want. | 你可以跟任何你想要约会的人约会 |
[41:17] | It’s whoever we want. | 是我们想要的任何人 |
[41:18] | I’m certainly not gonna go out with him ’cause that’d be really weird. | 我肯定不会和他约会 因为那真的太怪了 |
[41:22] | But I mean it. I won’t see him if you don’t want me to. | 但是我可不是闹着玩的 如果你不想要我去 我就不见他了 |
[41:26] | If there’s anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, big or small… | 如果有任何事让你感觉不舒服的 不管是大事还是小事 |
[41:30] | – then he’s out of there. – Good to know. | – 他就被排除在外 – 幸好知道了这件事 |
[41:34] | Because, you know, it’s not like I’m desperate. | 因为 你也知道 不是说我走投无路 非得和他在一起 |
[41:36] | I mean, there are plenty of other guys out there. | 我的意思是说 有很多其他的人可以选择 |
[41:39] | Sure are. | 肯定有 |
[41:40] | And it’s not like I have to ask your permission. | 不是我非得得到你的允许 |
[41:44] | – I mean, this is a courtesy. – Okay. | – 我的意思是这是一种礼貌 – 好的 |
[41:51] | I’m gonna be up for a while if you want to get back to me on this. | 我一时半会儿还不睡 如果你还想接着谈的话就来找我 |
[41:55] | I know where you are. | 我知道你在哪儿 |
[42:03] | Think you could keep him out late on Thursday night? | 想想你能让他周四晚上待到很晚吗? |
[42:06] | I have this oral exam on Friday that I’d really love him to sleep through. | 周五有个口试测验 我真的希望他能睡过头没法来 |
[42:10] | I’ll do my best. | 我会尽力做好的 |