时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – One of us has got to do laundry tonight. – Why? | – 今晚我们中有一个得洗下衣服了 – 为什么? |
[00:05] | Because I haven’t had any clean underwear for three days. | 因为我已经连续三天没有干净内裤换了 |
[00:09] | So right now under your skirt you’re wearing… | 那么说你现在裙子里面 |
[00:11] | – Not underwear. – Mom! | – 没穿内裤 – 妈妈 |
[00:13] | It’s kind of nice actually. Breezy. | 其实这样也蛮不错 挺凉快的 |
[00:15] | My role model, ladies and gentlemen. | 这就是我的榜样 女士们先生们 |
[00:18] | How come you haven’t run out yet? | 你怎么会没穿完呢? |
[00:20] | I don’t know. I guess I have more underwear than you. | 我不知道啊 我想我内裤要比你多吧 |
[00:22] | That’s not true. You have less. | 哪有 你比我少啊 |
[00:24] | – Have you been doing laundry without me? – No. | – 你是背着我洗衣服了吗? – 没有 |
[00:27] | – Rory? – Okay, one load. | – Rory? – 好啦 洗了一筐 |
[00:29] | You didn’t even ask if I had stuff to throw in? | 你怎么都没问我有没有衣服要洗啊? |
[00:32] | It was a big load. There wasn’t any room. | 那已经是很大一筐了 放不下了啦 |
[00:33] | I’m crushed and bleeding. Get me a tourniquet. | 我被深深地伤害了 我的心在流血 快给我个止血带吧 |
[00:36] | No. They’re dirty’cause Rory won’t wash them with her stuff. | 不 那些止血带还很脏 因为Rory还没洗过 只管洗了自己的衣服 |
[00:38] | Sorry. I’ll do another load tonight, I promise. | 对不起啦 我今天晚上再洗一筐 我保证 |
[00:41] | Never mind. I’ll do my own laundry. | 算了哦 我还是自己来洗吧 |
[00:43] | – Fine, even better. – I hate doing laundry. | – 好啊 再好不过了 – 我真讨厌洗衣服 |
[00:46] | Maybe I’ll just buy new underwear. | 也许我还是去买新内裤穿算了 |
[00:49] | And flutter, flutter. | 翅膀都拍起来 拍起来 |
[00:52] | And leaves. | 树叶的那组出来 |
[00:54] | Where are my leaves? | 树叶那组去哪了? |
[00:56] | I got pumpkins, I got Pilgrims. I got no leaves. | 南瓜有了 圣地朝拜者也在了 可演树叶的那组怎么没了 |
[01:00] | Every other store in town has fall decorations. | 镇上的其他每一家店都已经做了秋季装修 |
[01:03] | Hurrah for the mob mentality. | 为大众化而欢呼 |
[01:05] | We’re talking a few streamers and a paper turkey. | 我们只麻烦你装扮点彩带和放只纸火鸡 这么点事而已 |
[01:07] | How is it gonna hurt to have a paper turkey? | 放只纸火鸡又没什么大不了的啊? |
[01:09] | No turkeys, no squash, no pumpkins. Nothing colored orange. | 没有火鸡 没有果汁 也没有南瓜 任何橙色的都不要 |
[01:12] | Okay. So you don’t like orange. That’s fine. | 好的 那你的意思是说你不喜欢橙色 那好办 |
[01:17] | Autumn has many varied hues to toy with. | 其实秋季也可以由很多种不同颜色去装扮的 |
[01:19] | Excuse me, could we get some coffee? | 劳驾 能给我们上点咖啡吗? |
[01:21] | – And a muffin? – Warmed? | – 有松饼吗? – 有刚做好的吗? |
[01:22] | This is the Autumn Festival. | 这是庆祝秋季丰收的节日啊 |
[01:24] | Your shop is right across the street from the horn of plenty. | 你的店就在这条街上丰饶之角的对面 |
[01:27] | You’re in the middle of everything. You have to decorate. | 你的店面非常的显眼 所以你必须得装饰一下 |
[01:30] | All I have to do is serve food. | 我要做的只是给客人上吃的 |
[01:32] | – And coffee! – And muffins. | – 给我咖啡 – 给我松饼 |
[01:34] | Taylor, I’m tired of having this conversation with you every year. | Taylor 我不想每年都在这个无聊的话题上和你纠缠 |
[01:38] | You have lived in Stars Hollow for a long time, young man. | 伙计 你在Stars Hollow 已经生活了很长一段时间了 |
[01:41] | It’s time you became one of us. | 现在是时候你融入大家了 |
[01:43] | Sorry, I guess my pod’s defective. | 不好意思 我看是我脑壳坏掉了 |
[01:46] | My mom’s not wearing any underwear. | 嘿 我妈妈可没穿内裤哦 |
[01:49] | – Well, you aren’t. – You’re being selfish, Luke. | – 你是没穿哦 – 你怎么可以这么自私 Luke |
[01:51] | Still they don’t notice. I can’t take it anymore. | 这样说了他们都还没反应 我真没想法了 |
[01:53] | We’re talking about the spirit of fall. | 我们是在说关于秋天的精神 |
[01:56] | – What muffin do you want? – Blueberry. | – 你要什么松饼? – 蓝莓的 |
[01:58] | You know where you can stick the spirit of fall? | 你知道在哪可以找到秋天的精神吗? |
[02:00] | Here, don’t use your hands. | 用这个 不要直接用手拿 |
[02:03] | I don’t think you’re taking me seriously. | 我认为你根本就没把我回事儿 |
[02:05] | What gave you that idea? No tip? | 你怎么会有那样的想法呢? 小费(tip)都没? |
[02:08] | Yeah, here’s a tip: Serve your customers. | 有啊 给你的建议(tip)是”好好招待你的顾客” |
[02:11] | Here’s another: Don’t sit on any cold benches. | 我也有 别总是坐在冷板凳上 |
[02:14] | If you pull those Pilgrims out of your pocket once more… | 我发誓 要是你再把那些圣地朝圣者的玩意儿拿出来的话 |
[02:17] | I’m just doing it for you. | 我这么做都是为了你啊 |
[03:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道啊 |
[03:35] | It doesn’t really look like the Mayflower. | 它看起来真的不怎么像五月花号啊 |
[03:39] | We could put a sign on it or something. | 我们可以在它前面放个标志或别的什么 |
[03:42] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[03:43] | So, you want to go back to the Plymouth Rock idea? | 那么 你打算变回到Plymouth的那个创意吗? |
[03:48] | We’ll just live with it that way for a day. | 我们先凑合着摆一天看看再说吧 |
[03:51] | Okay, sure. | 好的 当然可以 |
[03:56] | – You know, you can get two for $3. – Really? Excellent deal. | -你买的话 2个才3块哦 -真的吗?很合适哟 |
[04:00] | You just had a desperate need for some cornstarch? | 你很急切的需要买些玉米淀粉? |
[04:03] | Yes, I have very important thickening needs, thank you. | 是啊 很需要变稠一点 谢谢啦 |
[04:07] | – Nice apron. – Nice uniform. | – 围裙不错嘛 – 制服也不赖哦 |
[04:09] | I sewed the buttons on with silver thread, so that sets me apart from the crowd. | 我用银色的线重新缝了下上面的纽扣 所以它看起来特别醒目 |
[04:15] | – I should get home. – Wait, you want a pop or something? | – 我得回家了 – 等等 你还要点汽水或别的什么吗? |
[04:18] | A pop? | 汽水? |
[04:19] | Give me a break. In Chicago they call it pop. | 你得了吧 在芝加哥汽水就这么说的 |
[04:22] | In Connecticut, we call it free soda. And, yes, thank you. | 但在康乃狄格州 我们叫做免费苏打 当然可以啊 谢谢 |
[04:32] | All right, guess what’s in each hand, you get the soda. | 好的 猜猜看 在哪只手里有你要的苏打 |
[04:35] | Okay, the whole concept of a free soda is that it’s free. | 好啊 但关键问题是这个苏打是免费的哦 |
[04:38] | You don’t have to work for it. | 你用不着费工夫 |
[04:39] | – Sorry, you got to sing for your supper. – Or your soda. | – 不过 你还是得靠你自己来争取哦 – 争取你的苏打水 |
[04:43] | – Guess. – Okay. | – 猜下 – 好的 |
[04:45] | In this hand you have… | 在这只手里你 |
[04:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:30] | – What’s wrong? – I got kissed. | – 怎么了 – 我刚被亲了 |
[05:34] | And I shoplifted. | 并且从超市里白拿了点东西 |
[05:36] | – Are you serious? Who kissed you? – Dean. | – 你没骗我吧? 谁亲你了? – Dean |
[05:38] | – The new kid? – Yes. | – 那个新来的小伙子 – 是啊 |
[05:40] | You got the new kid? Oh, my God. | 你搞定那个新来的家伙了? 噢 天呐 |
[05:42] | It happened so fast. I was just standing there. | 这一切发生得太快了 我刚只是站在那里 |
[05:45] | – Where? – Doose’s Market. | – 哪里? – Doose的超市里 |
[05:46] | – He kissed you in the market? – On Aisle 3. | – 他在超市里亲了你? – 在第3个过道那里 |
[05:48] | – By the ant spray? – Yes. | – 在放喷蚁剂的旁边? – 是的 |
[05:50] | – That’s a good aisle. – What defines a good aisle? | – 那是个不错的过道哦 – 怎么样叫一个不错的过道呢? |
[05:53] | An aisle where you get kissed by the new kid is a good aisle. | 那个新来的家伙亲了你的过道就是一个不错的过道 |
[05:56] | Oh, my God, I can’t breathe. | 噢 上帝 我都不能呼吸了 |
[05:58] | – Okay, sit down. – No, I can’t sit down. I’m too… | – 好了 坐会先 – 不不 我不想坐 我实在是太 |
[06:02] | Oh, my God, he kissed me. | 噢 天呐 他居然亲了我 |
[06:03] | – Who kissed you? – The Lord, Mama. | – 谁亲你了? – 是上帝 妈妈 |
[06:07] | Okay, then. | 好吧 |
[06:10] | So, tell me everything. | 来来 和我说说这一切 |
[06:13] | So, I go into the store, and he offers me a soda. | 好 我去了那家超市然后他说要给我苏打 |
[06:16] | Then he puts two behind his back and asks me to pick one, and he kissed me. | 他把两只手都藏在背后来让我猜苏打在哪只手上 接着他就亲了我 |
[06:19] | I’m so jealous. That’s it, I’ve got to get some dumb, ugly friends. | 真是羡慕死你了哦 我去找些又笨又丑的朋友好了 |
[06:22] | – I have to go tell my mom. – Call me later. | – 我得去告诉我妈妈这事儿 – 记得打电话给我哦 |
[06:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:28] | – What’s wrong? – I can’t. | – 又怎么了? – 我不能这么做 |
[06:29] | You can’t leave? It’s hymn night at the Kim house. Make a run for it. | 你不能离开?今晚还要在Kim家唱圣歌呢 赶快跑吧 |
[06:33] | – My mom doesn’t know about Dean. – So tell her. | – 我妈妈根本就不认识Dean – 那就告诉她呀 |
[06:35] | The last time the subject of boys came up, it got very ugly. | 上次聊男生的话题时就很糟糕 |
[06:38] | That was different. She thought you wanted to quit school over a guy. | 那不一样的啊 她那是以为你会为了一个男生退学 |
[06:42] | Yes, over Dean. | 是啊 就是因为Dean |
[06:43] | Okay, fine. But she doesn’t have to know it was him. | 好吧 好吧 但她根本就没办法知道那就是他啊 |
[06:46] | – She’ll know. – How? | – 她会知道的 – 怎么知道啊? |
[06:47] | She’ll know. She’s Lorelai. What do I do? | 她肯定会知道的 她是Lorelai 她一定会知道的 我现在该怎么做呢? |
[06:50] | Maybe she’ll be more open to the concept now that you’re in school and doing well. | 要是你在学校里表现很优异的话 她或许就不会反对你们在一起了 |
[06:54] | – Maybe. – Try it. | – 也许吧 – 试下看看 |
[06:56] | Okay. I got to go. | 好了 我得走了 |
[07:00] | Was it great? | 嘿 感觉棒吗? |
[07:02] | It was perfect. | 简直太完美了 |
[07:03] | – Wow. – Yeah. | – 哇噢 – 耶 |
[07:10] | Yeah, can you hear that? | 恩 你听到那声音了吗? |
[07:13] | No, it’s higher. | 不不 比这还要更响 |
[07:15] | It’s like a high-pitched kind of a… sound. | 就好像高调音中的那个咿声 |
[07:19] | It started last week. | 从上个星期开始就有这个声音了 |
[07:21] | But was lower and only happened when we opened the door. | 但原先声音还很轻而且也只有在我们打开冰箱门 的时候才会发出来 |
[07:23] | Now it’s higher and on all the time. | 可现在不管什么时候都有这样的声音了而且还很响 |
[07:25] | So I think it’s really growing in confidence. | 所以我想它现在已经是为所欲为了 |
[07:29] | Look, I’ve already told this to three other people. | 听着 我已经把这事儿告诉你之外的 其他三个修理工了 |
[07:31] | So could you just please tell me what is wrong with this fridge? | 所以麻烦您告诉我一下 这冰箱到底出什么问题了? |
[07:36] | I’m not gonna make the noise again. | 我不想再学那样的噪音了 |
[07:38] | I’m not… | 我真的不想 |
[07:42] | Jerry, I don’t have a lot of pride… | Jerry 我没有什么别的要求了 |
[07:43] | but I do have enough that I do not want to make that noise again. | 不过我已经受够了 真的不想再学那种声音了 |
[07:46] | So could you tell me what is wrong with the fridge… | 所以真的真的很麻烦您 告诉我这冰箱到底是怎么了 |
[07:49] | or connect me with someone who can? | 或者帮我联系下知道这个问题的人? |
[07:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:54] | Hello, Rusty? Great. | 您好 是Rusty吗? 很好 |
[07:57] | Listen, my fridge is making this weird sound. | 听着 我的冰箱会发出一种很怪的声音 |
[08:00] | It’s a high-pitched… You know what, is Jerry still there? | 就像一个高调音 你知道那是个什么音吧 Jerry还在那边吗? |
[08:04] | Okay, have him make the sound. He knows it. | 好的 让他学下那个声音给你听听 他知道的 |
[08:06] | I’ll wait. | 我等着 |
[08:09] | I know. It does sound bad. | 我知道 听起来就是很不好 |
[08:13] | Okay, here is the deal. | 好的 这样吧 |
[08:15] | You will send someone out here tomorrow between 8:00 and 9:00. | 明天早上八点到九点之间你派人过来帮我修 |
[08:19] | Because I work and can’t wait four hours for one of you guys to show up. | 因为我还要去上班 所以我不能花上四个小时来等你们出现 |
[08:24] | Great. Goodbye. | 很好 再见 |
[08:29] | – So, are they coming tomorrow? – Nope. Monday, between 3:00 and 8:00. | – 那么 他们明天过来修吗? – 不是 星期一 3点到8点之间 |
[08:33] | – I’m completely useless. – I’m sorry. | – 我真没用 – 不好意思 |
[08:36] | God, look at this place. It’s a sty. | 上帝啊 看看这个地方 像猪圈一样 |
[08:39] | Now I’m crabby. I’m crabby and useless. | 现在我很烦躁 烦躁又没用 |
[08:42] | Stupid fridge! Stupid fridge guys. | 该死的冰箱 该死的冰箱修理工 |
[08:46] | I hate my life. | 我讨厌我的生活 |
[08:58] | Hello. | 有人吗? |
[09:04] | God, quite an entrance. Jeez, my heart. | 上帝 你怎么会在这里 哎呀 吓了我一跳 |
[09:08] | Rory’s not here. | Rory没在这里 |
[09:09] | No, I know. I came to pick up that rocker that I bought a couple weeks ago. | 不不 我知道 我来是为了拿我两个星期前买的那把椅子的 |
[09:13] | – Six weeks ago. – That’s a couple times three. That’s six. | – 是6个星期前 – 是3的2倍 那就是6 |
[09:18] | Math humor. | 玩个数字游戏先 |
[09:19] | It’s not big with many people. Don’t feel bad. | 虽然这里蛮拥挤的不过感觉还不错 |
[09:21] | – This is not a storage facility. – I know. I’m sorry. | – 这里又不是一个仓库 – 我知道啊 不好意思 |
[09:24] | This is a furniture store. | 这只是个家具店而已 |
[09:25] | Furniture comes in, people buy, then it goes out. | 我们把家具进过来然后客人们把它买走 |
[09:28] | Except when Lorelai Gilmore buys. Then furniture stays here for six weeks. | 当然除了Lorelai Gilmore来买的时候 她的家具都在这放了6个星期 |
[09:32] | – How about I pay you extra? – I don’t want you to pay extra. | – 要不我付你点额外的保管费? – 我不需要你付我额外的钱 |
[09:34] | I want you to pick up the thing you paid for in the first place. Here. | 我只希望你快点拿走你当初买的东西就好了 在这里 |
[09:39] | – I remember it smaller. – It’s been six weeks. Maybe it grew. | – 我记得没这么大吧 – 已经放了6个礼拜了 也许它长大了 |
[09:42] | Right. Once again, I’m really sorry. I’ve been very busy. | 好的 真的 再一次和你说声对不起 最近真的很忙 |
[09:46] | Maybe you should be less busy. Then you can remember to pick up chairs. | 也许你该抽点空出来 然后你也有时间来拿你的椅子了 |
[09:50] | Right. Absolutely. Smell a rose, got it. | 是啊 没错 玫瑰花香 明白 |
[09:53] | And then you could keep your daughter from running around kissing boys. | 并且你也能够有空好好管管你的女儿 别到处和男孩子去接吻了 |
[09:56] | – What? – Lane is a young, impressionable girl. | – 什么? – 你知道Lane她还小 很容易受影响的 |
[09:59] | She doesn’t need to hear about your daughter’s kissing. | 她根本就没必要去听你女儿关于接吻的故事 |
[10:02] | Are the lids tight on the paint remover? Because you’re sounding loopy to me. | 油漆桶的盖子盖好了吗? 因为我感觉你有点不正常 |
[10:07] | Loopy? What’s loopy? | 不正常? 怎么不正常? |
[10:08] | – Rory’s not kissing anybody. – Yes, she is. | – Rory根本就没去和任何人接吻 – 是的 她有的 |
[10:11] | She came in here and told Lane she kissed a boy in the grocery store. | 她来这里然后告诉Lane她和一个男在杂货店接吻了 |
[10:16] | The grocery store, where we buy our food. | 就是我们经常去买食物的那个杂货店呀 |
[10:19] | This does not make any… | 这简直太 |
[10:22] | – She kissed the boy in the grocery store? – Yes. | – 她和一个男的在杂货店里接吻? – 是的 |
[10:25] | The boy in the grocery store. Kiss. | 和那个在杂货店的男孩 接吻 接吻 接吻 |
[10:29] | I’m sorry. I didn’t know. | 对不起 我都不知道这些 |
[10:32] | She didn’t tell me. | 她没告诉我这些 |
[10:37] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[10:41] | You left your chair! | 你又忘了你的椅子了 |
[10:49] | Okay, just one more time. | 好吧 只一次哦 |
[10:50] | I have been telling you this story for an hour. It doesn’t get dirty. | 这个故事我已经讲了一个小时了 这不是下流的故事 |
[10:54] | I can’t help it. I’m obsessed. I’m totally living vicariously through you. | 我情不自禁 我着魔了 我完全是因你而活了 |
[10:57] | Why? You got kissed last weekend. | 为什么? 你上星期不是也刚被亲过吗 |
[10:59] | Remember? You told me. That guy your parents set you up with. | 还记得吗?你告诉过我的 那个你爸妈让你去相亲的男孩 |
[11:03] | The one with the Lincoln Continental. What’s his name? | 开”林肯大陆”车的那个 他叫什么来着? |
[11:06] | – Patrick Cho. – Okay. | – Patrick Cho – 没错 |
[11:07] | Let’s do a little compare and contrast here. | 让我们来做个简单的对比吧 |
[11:10] | You get kissed on the mouth by a cute, cool, sexy guy you really like… | 你是被一个聪明的 酷酷的 性感的又是你真心喜欢的男孩亲了嘴的 |
[11:13] | and I get kissed on the forehead by a Theology major… | 而我只是被一个主修神学的人亲了下额头罢了 |
[11:17] | in a Members Only jacket who truly believes rock music leads to hard drugs. | 他那家伙整天只穿件夹克衫 而且固执地认为摇滚会导致吸毒 |
[11:21] | Fair enough. You can live through me. | 很公平 你可以靠我过活 |
[11:24] | But remember that I have no idea what I’m doing. | 不过你要知道我对我所做的也一无所知哦 |
[11:26] | I’m aware of that. That’s why I’ve been diligently gathering information for us. | 我明白 所以我才这么辛苦地为我们两个在收集信息 |
[11:30] | – What kind of information? – Let’s see. | – 关于什么的信息啊? – 让我想想 |
[11:32] | – Dean’s from Chicago, which you know. – I do. | – Dean是从芝加哥来的 这你知道 – 恩 |
[11:35] | He likes Nick Drake, Liz Phair, and The Sugarplastic. | 他喜欢听Nick Drake Liz Phair 还有Sugarplastic的歌 |
[11:38] | – And he’s deathly allergic to walnuts. – Walnuts bad, got it. | – 而且他吃了胡桃之后会严重过敏 – 不能碰胡桃 明白了 |
[11:42] | – Now, he had a girlfriend in Chicago. – A girlfriend? | – 他在芝加哥曾有个女朋友 – 女朋友? |
[11:45] | Her name’s Beth. They went out for a year, but split amicably before he left. | 她叫Beth 他们拍拖了一年 但在他来这之前和平分手了 |
[11:49] | Now she’s dating his cousin… | 她现在正在和他的堂弟约会呢 |
[11:50] | but he doesn’t feel weird, ’cause he doesn’t think they were in love. | 不过他倒没觉得很诧异 因为他知道他们不是真正喜欢对方的 |
[11:54] | – Beth. – I wouldn’t worry about it. | – Beth – 不用担心这个 |
[11:56] | How’d you get all this information? | 你是怎么得到这些消息的? |
[11:58] | Through his best friend, who, by the way, is really cool. | 从他的好朋友那呗 顺便说下 那人真的好酷好帅 |
[12:01] | So once you get settled with Dean, could you ask him about Todd? | 所以什么时候等你和Dean在一起了 能不能帮我介绍下Todd啊? |
[12:04] | Absolutely. | 那当然 |
[12:06] | So, Beth? | 那么 那个Beth? |
[12:08] | I hate the name Beth. It’s so… Beth. | 真讨厌这个Beth的名字 这实在是 Beth |
[12:12] | Todd also said that Dean hasn’t been able to talk about anything but you… | 并且Todd说了Dean他除了谈论你别的都不谈 |
[12:16] | for weeks. | 已经好几个星期了呢 |
[12:20] | Stop it. You’re giving me Patrick Cho flashbacks. | 别这样哦 你又让我想起了Patrick Cho他也这么做的 |
[12:25] | Luke, the food here is lovely. | Luke 你这里的食物实在是太美味了 |
[12:28] | But you know what would make it better? | 不过你知道怎么样才能更美味吗? |
[12:29] | Let me guess. Some Autumn Festival decorations? | 让我想想看 加些庆祝秋季丰收节的装饰品? |
[12:32] | Food without ambience isn’t really food, is it? | 美食要在舒适的环境里享用才是真正的美食 是吧? |
[12:35] | More iced tea, Patty? | 还要点冰茶吗 Patty? |
[12:37] | No, thank you. It’s too depressing in here for tea. | 不了 谢谢 在这里喝茶太闷了 |
[12:40] | You realize Taylor’s a head case, right? | 你应该知道Taylor简直就是个疯子 对吗? |
[12:42] | Yes, but at least he’s a festive one. | 是的 但至少他看重节日 |
[12:45] | Just eat. | 还是好好吃东西吧 |
[12:47] | Coffee? | 要咖啡吗? |
[12:51] | Come on, are you mad at me, too? | 拜托 你不会也在对我生气吧? |
[12:53] | A man can’t choose whether he wants a picture of a fat, stupid bird on his wall? | 一个男人不能自己选择是不是要在墙上 挂一幅又肥又蠢的鸟的画吗? |
[12:57] | That’s the reason the Pilgrims came here in the first place. | 这就是威吓那些圣地朝圣者先来这里 |
[13:00] | I wasn’t snubbing you. I didn’t hear you. | 我并没有责怪你 我刚只是没听到你在讲话 |
[13:02] | Now, I’m concerned about you. | 好了 现在我在听你说了 |
[13:03] | Sorry, just feeling a little persecuted lately. | 不好意思 只是最近老被人迫害 |
[13:06] | – Coffee? – Please. | – 要咖啡吗? – 谢谢 |
[13:07] | – Are you okay? – I’m fine. | – 你没事吧? – 我没事 |
[13:09] | – You don’t look fine. – Thank you. | – 你看起来却不是很好 – 谢谢 |
[13:10] | – I meant you look concerned. – I’m preoccupied. | – 我是说你有心事 – 我正出神呢 |
[13:12] | – You look concerned. – I’m not. | – 你看起来有心事 – 我没有 |
[13:14] | Fine. You just look it. | 好啦 你就看吧 |
[13:15] | You know, some streamers would look great here. | 你看 要是在这弄点装饰看起来就更好了 |
[13:17] | – Okay, I’m done. – Thank you. | – 好了 我没事儿了 – 谢谢 |
[13:20] | Sorry. | 不好意思哦 |
[13:23] | Save your apologies for the Indians. | 留着对那些印地安人说抱歉吧 |
[13:24] | People are really in a giving mood today. The horn of plenty is packed. | 大家今天都怀着一份感激之情 那个丰饶之角已经装饰好了 |
[13:28] | That’s great. Do you want some coffee? | 真不错 你要点咖啡吗? |
[13:30] | No, I’ll just have a sip of yours. I have to get right back. | 不了 我在你这喝点就好了 我马上得回去的 |
[13:34] | Really? I thought we were having lunch today. | 真的吗?我原以为今天我们可以一起吃中饭的 |
[13:36] | I can’t. We’re one Pilgrim short. I only have a couple minutes. | 我不能了 我们还缺一个圣地朝拜者呢 我只有一会儿的时间 |
[13:41] | – You’ve been really busy lately. – Yeah. | – 你最近真的很忙啊 – 是的哦 |
[13:43] | I guess it’s that end-of-the-year rush. | 我想或许是年末繁忙期吧 |
[13:45] | I mean, we haven’t even really talked in a couple of days. | 我想 我们已经很久没有坐下来好好聊聊天了哦 |
[13:48] | What do you want to talk about? | 你想聊些什么呢? |
[13:50] | I don’t know. Anything. | 我也不知道 随便什么都可以啊 |
[13:53] | Okay. Did you read that article in the newspaper… | 好啊 你有没有读过报纸上那则 |
[13:56] | about the polar ice caps melting? | 关于北极冰川融化的新闻? |
[13:57] | Yeah. Big deal. | 当然 很大的新闻啊 |
[14:00] | – Fine, you pick the subject. – Okay, great. | – 好吧 那你找个话题 – 好的 好极了 |
[14:03] | I was watching General Hospital the other day… | 我那天还看了”General Hospital”呢 |
[14:06] | and they have a new Lucky. | 来了个新的Lucky |
[14:07] | The old Lucky went to play something with a real name. | 原来那个Lucky用真名字去演别的了 |
[14:10] | So, the old Lucky had this girlfriend, Liz… | 而且 原来这个Lucky有个女朋友叫Liz |
[14:12] | who thought that he died in a fire. | 以为他在那次火灾中就死了 |
[14:14] | Then they bring on this new Lucky… | 所以他们把这个新的Lucky带过去 |
[14:16] | and you’re like, “That’s not the old Lucky”… | 说到”这不是过去那个Lucky” |
[14:18] | because the new Lucky has more hair gel issues. | 因为这个新的Lucky的发型更酷哦 |
[14:20] | Still, Liz was so upset about his supposed death… | 不过 Liz还是对那次根本没有发生的事故表现得很难过 |
[14:23] | that you could not wait to see them kiss, you know? | 你知道吗 你肯定等不及要看他们接吻这一段了哦 |
[14:27] | When do you have time to watch General Hospital? | 你怎么会有时间去看General Hospital啊? |
[14:30] | Okay, let’s get back to the point. | 那么 让我们回到那个问题上去 |
[14:32] | What do you think… | 你是怎么看待 |
[14:33] | about the whole Liz-Lucky kissing thing? | Liz和Lucky接吻这件事的? |
[14:38] | I think they’re actors being paid to play a part… | 我觉得他们只是拿了钱演了出戏的演员而已啊 |
[14:41] | so it’s nice that they’re living up to their obligations. | 所以说他们为了生计 而如此敬业非常好 |
[14:47] | Can we finish this very meaningful conversation later? | 我们可不可以迟点再谈论这个耐人寻味的话题啊? |
[14:49] | I promised Lane I’d get right back. | 我刚才来的时候和Lane说了我会尽快回去的 |
[14:52] | Okay. I’ll see you later. | 好的 待会见哦 |
[14:55] | – Okay, bye. – Bye. | – 好的 再见哦 – 再见 |
[14:59] | I’m not going to say you look concerned. | 我并不是来说你有心事的 |
[15:01] | I won’t talk about how you’d look dressed like a guy from The Crucible. | 我也不想告诉你 你是多么的像一个在坩埚房里干活的伙计啊 |
[15:04] | Fair enough. | 扯平 |
[15:45] | Oh, God! | 哦 上帝啊 |
[15:47] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛啊? |
[15:49] | – I asked you first. – I ran out of cream. | – 我先问你的啊 – 我店里的奶油用完了 |
[15:51] | Yeah, me, too. | 恩 我也是 |
[15:52] | – What are you staring at? – Nothing. Don’t look. | – 你在盯着什么东西看啊? – 没什么 别在这站着看 |
[15:54] | – What’s wrong with you? – Rory got kissed. | – 你到底怎么了啊? – Rory被亲了 |
[15:56] | What? | 什么? |
[15:57] | Rory had her first kiss. And that guy did it. | Rory的初吻没了 就是那小子干的 |
[16:01] | – The new kid. – Yep. | – 那个新来的啊 – 是的 |
[16:04] | – Look at him. Look how smug he is. – He’s bagging groceries. | -看看 他是多么春风得意啊 -他只不过是在把食物装进袋子里去啊 |
[16:07] | – It’s hard to be smug bagging groceries. – Look how he handled those lemons. | – 把食物装袋子里去有什么好春风得意的啊 – 看看看看 他是怎么在弄那些柠檬的啊 |
[16:11] | – What’re you saying? – He threw them in the bag. | – 你在说什么啊? – 他就这么直接扔到袋子里面去了 |
[16:13] | Not tossed them or placed them, but threw like they meant nothing. | 他不是把它们轻轻投掷或小心摆放进去的 而是直接扔进去的好像它们什么都不是一样 |
[16:16] | – They’re lemons. – They’re symbolic. | – 它们只是柠檬而已啊 – 它们是有象征意义的 |
[16:18] | – We need to get you out of here. – No. | – 我们得先出去再说 – 不行 |
[16:20] | That Lothario there has wormed his way into my daughter’s heart and mouth… | 那好色之徒已经将他的魔掌 伸向我女儿的心里和嘴巴里了 |
[16:24] | – and for that he must die. – That’s it. Let’s go. | – 基于这个原因 我必须得给他点颜色看看 – 好了好了 我们先离开这里 |
[16:26] | – You’re not gonna kill the bag boy. – Why not? | – 你不能把那小子给宰了 – 为什么不可以? |
[16:28] | It’s double-coupon day. You’ll bring down the town. | 今天超市在搞双重折价卷的活动 你小心引起镇上居民的公愤 |
[16:33] | Okay, I’m out. Stop pushing me. | 好吧 我出去 别再推我了 |
[16:35] | – What are you thinking spying like that? – I don’t know. | – 你觉得你那样鬼鬼祟祟的行为好吗? – 我才不管呢 |
[16:38] | I wanted to see him. I’ve seen him already but before he was… | 我就是要来看看他 虽然我早就见过他了不过那还是在他 |
[16:41] | – Rory’s boyfriend? – Shush, you. | – 成为Rory的男朋友之前? – 嘘 你小声点 |
[16:42] | – She’s growing up. – I know. | – 她已经长大了 – 这我知道 |
[16:43] | There’s nothing you can do about it. | 对于这个你不能做什么 |
[16:45] | Okay, Mr. Reality, break into somebody else’s house. | 好了 现实先生 去管别人家的事吧 |
[16:48] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:50] | – Why didn’t she tell me? – What? | – 为什么她不告诉我这事? – 什么? |
[16:52] | Why didn’t Rory tell me about the kiss? | 为什么Rory没有告诉我这次接吻的事? |
[16:54] | Maybe she didn’t know you’d take it so well. | 也许她不知道你能接受 |
[16:56] | You want to hear something crazy? | 你还想听点更疯狂的事吗? |
[16:57] | ‘Cause all the talk up until now has been so normal? | 难道你觉得我们现在谈的事一点都不疯狂吗? |
[17:00] | – He kind of looks like Christopher. – The grocery kid? | – 他看起来有点像Christopher – 那个杂货店的男孩吗? |
[17:02] | Yeah. He looks like Christopher. | 是的 他是有点像Christopher |
[17:05] | And Christopher is Rory’s dad? | 而Christopher是Rory的父亲? |
[17:07] | The hair, the build, something about the eyes. | 他的头发 他的体型 还有他的眼睛 |
[17:10] | – He reminds me of Christopher. – That’s not too surprising. | – 他让我想起了Christopher – 不太惊讶 |
[17:13] | You’re gonna quote Freud? ‘Cause I’ll push you in front of a car. | 你要引用佛洛伊德的话? 因为我要把你推到车子前面 |
[17:17] | – This talk was going so well. – You and Rory are a lot alike. | – 这次谈话进行的真好 – 你和Rory在很多地方都很相似 |
[17:20] | It’s not surprising you have similar tastes in men. | 所以一点都不奇怪你们俩都喜欢同样类型的男人 |
[17:22] | I guess. | 我想也是吧 |
[17:23] | But why? Why didn’t she tell me? We tell each other everything. | 但为什么?她为何没有告诉我呢? 我们两个是无话不谈的啊 |
[17:27] | – This is different. – But we tell each other everything else. | – 这个不一样的 – 但我们两个真的是什么都谈的 |
[17:30] | But this she keeps a secret. It’s ’cause it’s a guy thing. | 但这次她却瞒着我 因为和男生有关 |
[17:33] | – Probably. – That’s not good. | – 有可能吧 – 那可不好 |
[17:35] | I have to make her understand I’m okay with the guy thing… | 我得让她明白我不介意男生的事 |
[17:38] | ’cause not talking about guys and our personal lives… | 因为这不谈论男生和隐私的 |
[17:40] | that’s me and my mom. That is not me and Rory. | 那是我和我的母亲 不是我和Rory |
[17:43] | – Are you okay with the guy thing? – Yes. | – 你不介意这男生的事? – 当然 |
[17:46] | – Really? – Okay-ish. | – 真的吗? – 好的…吧 |
[17:49] | – That’s not okay. – That’s okay with an “ish.” | – 那就是不好 – 只是差不多好吧 |
[17:51] | Whatever you say. | 你爱怎么说就怎么说吧 |
[17:53] | She thinks I’ll disapprove, right? Well, I won’t. | 她肯定在想我会反对的 是吧? 但事实是 我不会反对啊 |
[17:56] | I will show her that I think this is great. | 我会让她知道其实我也很赞成这个 |
[17:59] | Once she sees that I think this is great… | 等到什么时候她发现我也是这么想之后 |
[18:01] | everything will be back to normal between us, right? | 我们之间的一切都会恢复 是吧? |
[18:04] | Right, okay, good. | 就这样 很好 很好 |
[18:06] | So you passed the need for an actual person to talk to minutes ago. | 那么说你已经打消了那个几分钟前 想和那家伙谈谈的念头了 |
[18:09] | – Yeah, before the gelato stand. – You’re an amazing woman. | – 当然 在gelato前站着的时候就打消了 – 你真是个难以琢磨的女人 |
[18:12] | Thank you for noticing. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[18:34] | Sorry I’m late. | 对不起 我晚了 |
[18:36] | – No big deal. There’s Chinese in the fridge. – Okay. | – 没事儿 在冰箱里有些中国菜 – 好的 |
[18:44] | So, kissed any good boys lately? | 那么 最近有没有和男生接过吻啊? |
[18:48] | – Who? – Mrs. Kim. | – 谁啊? – Kim夫人啊 |
[18:50] | Of course. | 当然 |
[18:55] | – So, he’s cute. – Yeah, he is. | – 那么 他很可爱 – 是啊 |
[18:58] | – Can he spell? – He can spell and read. | – 他会写字吗? – 他不光会写还会读 |
[19:02] | – How long have you known? – Since this morning. | – 你们认识多久了? – 从今天早上开始的啊 |
[19:05] | You didn’t think you could keep it a secret. | 你不用把它当作秘密藏起来的 |
[19:07] | – You were making out in the market. – We weren’t making out. | – 你们在超市里亲热 – 我们没有亲热 |
[19:10] | It was just one kiss. | 只是亲了下而已 |
[19:12] | Yeah, by the time that gets to Miss Patty’s it’s a scene from Nine 1/2 Weeks. | 是啊 这一幕在Patty夫人脑子里待了9个半星期呢 |
[19:16] | You’ve known all this time? At Luke’s? Here? | 你什么都知道了? 是Luke告诉你的吗? |
[19:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[19:20] | You could have said something. | 你肯定说了什么 |
[19:21] | Now, funny. I was going to say the same thing to you. | 现在 很好啊 我是准备和你说同样的话 |
[19:29] | – What now? – Now? Nothing. | – 现在说什么啊? – 现在? 没什么啊 |
[19:31] | No? No lecture about kissing a boy? | 没有?不会对和男生接吻进行说教吗? |
[19:34] | – No. Why, did you do it wrong? – No. | – 不会 为什么 你没做对吗? – 不是啊 |
[19:38] | I don’t think. | 我觉得我对了 |
[19:39] | I didn’t love the way I found out… | 我不喜欢用这种方式去发现 |
[19:41] | but you’re getting older. These things are bound to happen occasionally. | 不过你也长大了 这些事情迟早是要发生的 |
[19:46] | – Actually, I think it’s great. – No, you don’t. | – 事实上 我觉得这很棒 – 不 你没有 |
[19:48] | Yes, I do. I’m thrilled. | 是啊 我是这么想的啊 欣喜若狂 |
[19:51] | – Thrilled? – Yeah. | – 欣喜若狂? – 当然 |
[19:53] | You’re completely weirded out by this, aren’t you? | 当你知道这个的时候肯定是非常诧异的 不是吗? |
[19:55] | No, you’re crazy. I’m perfectly fine with it. | 没有 你错了 我觉得这真的很好啊 |
[19:58] | You don’t seem fine. You seem the complete opposite of fine. | 你看起来并不好 而且是一点都不好 |
[20:01] | You’re projecting that on me’cause… | 你那么判断是因为 |
[20:02] | you don’t want to think that I’m fine when I am fine. | 你不想认为我很好 其实我真的感觉很好 |
[20:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:08] | Never been finer. | 好得不能再好了 |
[20:10] | Got it. | 知道勒 |
[20:15] | – You want some? – No, thanks. I’m fine. | – 你要来点吗? – 不了 谢谢 我不饿 |
[20:23] | We must be quick ’cause the video store’s gonna close. | 我们得抓紧时间了因为那家音像店快关门了 |
[20:25] | So stick to our list. No impulse buying like toothpaste or soap. | 等下只买我们购物清单上的那些 别去买像牙膏或肥皂之类的东西了 |
[20:32] | – Rory? – You know what? | – Rory? – 你知道吗? |
[20:34] | I think we have enough stuff to eat at home. | 我觉得我们家里有足够的食物啊 |
[20:37] | Really? Where do you live? ‘Cause the home I left had nothing. | 真的吗?那你是住在哪里的啊? 因为我刚才离开的那个家里面根本就没吃的了 |
[20:40] | – We’re ordering pizza. That’s enough. – Are you crazy? | – 我们订了匹萨啊 那就足够了 – 你开玩笑啊? |
[20:43] | You can’t watch Willy Wonka without heaps of junk food. | 你不能光看Willy Wonka却没零食吃啊 |
[20:46] | It’s not right. I won’t allow it. We’re going in. | 这不行 我不要这样 进来吧 |
[20:51] | – Rory, it’s fine. – It’s too weird. | – Rory 没事的 – 这太尴尬了 |
[20:54] | – I’m gonna have to meet him eventually. – Okay, how about next year? | – 我总归还是要见他的呀 – 那好 明年见怎么样? |
[20:57] | I’m going to be so cool in there, you will mistake me for Shaft. | 我一定会很冷静的 你会以为我是Shaft的 (电影”Shaft”铁杆神探) |
[21:01] | – There will be no interrogation. – I swear. | – 没有任何要审问他的意图 – 我发誓 |
[21:04] | No kissing noises. No stories from my childhood. | 没有关于接吻的事 没有关于我童年的事 |
[21:06] | No referring to Chicago as ChiTown. | 不准把芝加哥说成是Chitown |
[21:08] | No James Dean jokes. No father-with-a-shotgun stares. | 不要说起James Dean的笑话 不准像”带枪爸爸”那样盯着看 |
[21:11] | – No Nancy Walker impressions. – Come on. | – 不要给人Nancy Walker印象 – 拜托 |
[21:14] | – Promise me. – I really and truly promise. | – 向我保证 – 我郑重地向您承诺 |
[21:17] | Now can we please go to the market? | 现在我们能进去了吗? |
[21:21] | Okay, let’s go. | 好的 走吧 |
[21:27] | I don’t see him. | 我没看到他 |
[21:29] | All right, maybe he’s on a break. | 没事 也许他正在休息 |
[21:31] | Yeah, maybe he’s on a break. | 对哦 他可能在休息吧 |
[21:34] | – Okay, good. So we can shop. – Yep. | – 好了 那我们开始购物吧 – 好啊 |
[21:37] | Do we want marshmallows? | 要果酱软糖吗? |
[21:39] | And jellybeans. And chocolate Kisses. | 豆形软糖 还有好时巧克力 |
[21:42] | Cookie dough we have at home, peanut butter… | 家里还有点小面饼的生面团 花生酱要的 |
[21:46] | Do they have that thing with a sugar stick on one side… | 他们有没有那种 一边沾着糖 |
[21:48] | but you dip it in sugar on the other side and eat it? | 而你把另一边沾着糖吃的那种东西? |
[21:51] | We are gonna be so sick. It’s amazing that we still function. | 我们会大病一场的 我们还能动弹真是太惊人了 |
[21:55] | There he is. | 那个就是他 |
[21:58] | Boy, he’s tall. That must have been some back-bender, that kiss. | 这男孩很高啊 那么他肯定要弯下腰来和你接吻了吧 |
[22:01] | Make sure you warm up next time. | 妈妈 下次记得要热身哦 |
[22:03] | – Okay, we are leaving now. – Sorry. Done now. | – 好了 我们可以回去了 – 好了啦 走吧 |
[22:07] | He’s got great eyes. You got to love a guy with great eyes. | 他眼睛很迷人 你喜欢有一双迷人眼睛的男孩子哦 |
[22:10] | – And a nice smile. – Very nice. | – 还有迷人的微笑 – 很迷人 |
[22:12] | – Think we can get him to turn around? – It’s nice, too. | – 看看我们能不能吸引他的注意哦? – 好主意 |
[22:15] | – Really? – Trust me. | – 真的吗? – 相信我 |
[22:17] | You girls having another movie night? | 你们母女俩晚上是不是有很多电视要看啊? |
[22:19] | Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. | Willy Wonka和巧克力工厂 |
[22:21] | – Isn’t that the one with Gene Hackman? – Gene Wilder. | – 真不错 是Gene Hackman演的吗? – 是Gene Wilder |
[22:24] | – You’re a Wonka fan? – Yeah. | – 你是Wonka的影迷吗? – 是啊 |
[22:27] | Dean, this is my mom, Lorelai. And, Mom, this is Dean. | Dean 这是我妈妈 Lorelai 妈妈 他就是Dean |
[22:31] | – Nice to meet you, Dean. – Yeah, you, too. | – 很高兴见到你 Dean – 我也是 |
[22:33] | – Nice apron. – Thanks. | – 围裙不错啊 – 谢谢 |
[22:36] | – $41.83. – Wow. | – 一共是41块8毛3 – 噢 |
[22:38] | It’s expensive to slowly rot your insides, isn’t it? | 我们还得花那么多钱来慢慢地腐蚀我们自己的身体 不是吗? |
[22:42] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[22:45] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[22:48] | So, Dean, nice meeting you. Hope to see you again. | 好了 Dean没很高兴认识你 希望下次还能见到你 |
[22:55] | – See, that wasn’t so bad. – You’re right. | – 看到没 这根本没什么哦 – 恩 |
[22:58] | I said nothing embarrassing, nothing stupid. | 我是说了没什么好尴尬没什么好害羞的哦 |
[23:00] | – I appreciate that. – So chill out, supermarket slut. | – 非常感激 – 好了 回家休息吧 我们这两个购物狂 |
[23:03] | See, even a little information in your hands is dangerous. | 看到了吧 一点点信息在你手中都会被你利用得淋漓尽致 |
[23:11] | – I need coffee. – The video store closes in 10 minutes. | – 我要喝咖啡 – 妈妈 音像店在10分钟后就要关门了啊 |
[23:14] | You run to the video store, and I’ll go get coffee. | 你现在跑过去买我就能喝到咖啡了 |
[23:16] | Go. I’ll meet you at Luke’s. | 快去 我在Luke那里等你 |
[23:20] | You forgot your Red Vines. | 你忘了你的红葡萄藤了 |
[23:22] | Wow! You totally saved the night! | 噢 你真是我们今晚的救星啊 |
[23:24] | – Thanks. – Sure. | – 谢谢 – 没什么 |
[23:31] | – What are you doing tonight? – Me? | – 你今晚有什么打算吗? – 我吗? |
[23:35] | Well, I don’t know. | 哦 我也不知道 |
[23:37] | Do you want to come over? We’re ordering pizza, we got a movie. | 你要不要跟我们一起啊? 我们有订了匹萨 而且也租了电影啊 |
[23:40] | Neighborhood’s got a pool… | 我们邻居打了个赌 |
[23:42] | to see who falls into a sugar coma first. I’m the favorite. It might be fun. | 看看谁先会糖中毒昏迷 我很被看好 今晚肯定会很有趣 |
[23:48] | It’s totally casual. I’m sure Rory would love it. | 很随意的啦 我敢肯定Rory也会很开心的 |
[23:51] | Okay, sure. What time? | 好的 没问题 那几点呢? |
[23:53] | – 7:00 sound good? – Sounds fine. | – 7点怎么样? – 没问题哦 |
[23:55] | – Let me give you our address. – That’s okay. I know where you live. | – 那我把我们的地址告诉你吧 – 不用了哦 我知道你们住在什么地方 |
[23:58] | Right. Of course you do. So see you tonight. | 对哦 你当然知道 那就今晚见喽 |
[24:02] | Bye. | 再见 |
[24:06] | – So? – Got it. | – 怎么样? – 买来了哦 |
[24:07] | Score! I’m glad it was in, but what kind of world do we live in… | 太棒了 真庆幸自己生活在这样一个世界里 虽然还没不清楚这是怎样一个世界 |
[24:12] | where no one has rented Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory? | 但至少没人租走Willy Wonka和巧克力工厂的带子 |
[24:15] | – Well, we rented it. – Thank God for us. | – 我们租到了啊 – 感谢上帝 |
[24:17] | I invited your friend over to watch it with us. | 我约了你的朋友和我们一起看 |
[24:19] | – What friend? – Dean. | – 什么朋友啊? – Dean啊 |
[24:21] | What? | 什么? |
[24:22] | I told him what we were doing tonight, and he was totally into it. | 我告诉他我们晚上有什么节目 他好像对此很感兴趣 |
[24:25] | So… Why are you looking at me like that? | 那么 你干嘛用那样的眼神看着我啊? |
[24:28] | – You invited Dean to our house? – Yes. | – 你邀请了Dean去我们家? – 是啊 |
[24:33] | – Are you crazy? – Why are you mad? | – 你疯了啊? – 你干嘛那么紧张啊? |
[24:35] | We haven’t even been out on a date by ourselves yet. | 我们两个还没单独正式约会过呢 |
[24:38] | My first date with Dean is gonna be with my mother? What is wrong with you? | 我和Dean的第一次约会要和我妈妈一起? 你有没有搞错哦? |
[24:42] | I’m sorry. I thought you would be happy about this. | 对不起哦 我以为你听到这个会开心呢 |
[24:45] | In what universe would I be happy? | 你知道我在什么情况下会高兴吗? |
[24:47] | This isn’t Amish country. Girls and boys usually date alone. | 这又不是在安曼派教徒的国度里 现在的男孩和女孩都是单独出去约会的 |
[24:50] | I thought of it more as a hanging out kind of session. | 我觉得这不算是约会 不过就是小聚一下而已 |
[24:53] | I don’t want our first hanging out session to be with my mother. | 我不想我们的第一次小聚 是和我妈妈在一起度过 |
[24:57] | – Stop saying mother like that. – Like what? | – 别那样子叫我妈妈 – 怎么样子啊? |
[24:59] | Like there’s supposed to be another word after it. | 好像后面还有个词跟着一样 |
[25:01] | I can’t believe you did this. I’m so humiliated. | 我真没想到你会这么做 真丢人 |
[25:05] | You’re totally overreacting. | 你反应也太大了点吧 |
[25:07] | I invited him to a movie and pizza, not to Niagara Falls. | 我只是邀请他一起来吃个匹萨看个电影而已 又不是一起去尼亚加拉瀑布 |
[25:12] | He’s the boy that I like. | 问题是他是我喜欢的男孩啊 |
[25:13] | I know. I looked for one that you hated. But it was really short notice. | 我知道啊 我去找过一个让你讨厌的 可根本来不及啊 |
[25:17] | Now he’s forced to come over, sit with me and my mother… | 现在他是被迫过来的 拘束地坐在我和你身边 |
[25:20] | and eat crap and watch a movie? | 然后吃着东西看着电影? |
[25:23] | I just invited a friend of yours to hang out. | 我只是请了你的一个朋友来玩玩而已啊 |
[25:26] | What’s the big deal? What if Lane had done it? | 有什么不对的啊? 如果是Lane像我这么做呢? |
[25:28] | You’re not Lane. You’re my mother. | 你又不是Lane 你是我妈妈啊 |
[25:30] | You inviting him over is like Grandma inviting a guy you liked over. | 你请他来就像外婆去邀请了一个 你中意的男生来一样 |
[25:34] | – You’re comparing me to my mother? – No. I just… | – 你把我和你外婆相提并论? – 没有 我只是 |
[25:36] | I’m Emily Gilmore now? My, how the mighty have fallen. | 我现在成了Emily Gilmore了? 天哪 天要塌了吧! |
[25:39] | I didn’t mean that. | 我没有那个意思 |
[25:40] | – I wasn’t trying to humiliate you. – I know. | – 我根本就没有想让你丢脸的意思 – 我明白 |
[25:43] | If I was Emily Gilmore, I’d be trying to humiliate you. | 要是我是Emily Gilmore 我倒是真的想让你丢脸的 |
[25:46] | – I just… – Look, I’m sorry, okay? I screwed up. | – 我只是 – 听着 我真的很抱歉 好吗?我搞砸了 |
[25:49] | I was trying to… | 我是想 |
[25:51] | Look, I’ll go. I’ll uninvite him. | 好了 我得走了 我去和他说下让他别来了 |
[25:54] | I’ll tell him it’s canceled because I just found out that I’m my mother. | 我去告诉他晚上节目取消了 因为我刚发觉我是你外婆 |
[25:58] | – And I have to go into intensive therapy. – No, you can’t uninvite him. | – 并且我要去做个全面的检查治疗 – 不 你不能去跟他说取消 |
[26:02] | He’ll think I wigged out. | 他会认为我是故意装的 |
[26:03] | Then I’ll just disappear, and you guys can be alone. | 我会消失的 你也能和你心爱的男孩独处了 |
[26:07] | And have it look like my mom arranged a date for me? No! | 这看起来像是个我妈精心为我安排的约会 我才不要呢 |
[26:10] | What do we do? | 那我们该怎么做啊? |
[26:13] | He has to come. | 他必须得来 |
[26:14] | It won’t be so bad, okay? Just pizza, and a movie, and hanging out. | 这样并没什么 明白吗? 吃点匹萨 看看电影 一起聚聚而已啊 |
[26:19] | I promise you won’t feel like your mother is there. | 我保证我不会妨碍你们两个的 |
[26:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:31] | You might, however, feel like my mother is there. | 不过 也许你会感觉到你外婆在那边的 |
[26:40] | This is good. Add some cold cream, and some curlers… | 这样挺不错的 涂点面霜 弄几个发卷 |
[26:43] | and let him know what he’ll be coming home to every night. | 不会让他感觉到不自在 就像自己家一样 |
[26:46] | This was supposed to be a simple night. | 这本该是个很普通的晚上啊 |
[26:49] | Watch movie, eat junk, go to bed feeling sick. | 看看电影 吃吃零食 然后感觉很不舒服地去睡觉 |
[26:51] | End of story. | 就这些而已啊 |
[26:53] | Now I’m supposed to look pretty and girly, which is completely impossible… | 但现在 我想打扮得可爱点 淑女点 虽然这做起来有点难度 |
[26:57] | because I’m gross, and I have nothing to wear. | 因为我乱糟糟的 而且我也没衣服好穿 |
[26:59] | – Do you want some help? – No. | – 你要帮忙吗? – 不用 |
[27:02] | – Yes. – Okay. | – 要的 – 好的 |
[27:07] | Let’s see. This and… | 让我们来看下 这个还有 |
[27:12] | All right, well… | 好了 |
[27:14] | This says, “Hello, I’m hip and cute, but also relaxed.” | 这件的感觉是”你好 我时尚又可爱 但也很休闲” |
[27:17] | “Since this is something I just threw on, even though it looks fantastic on me.” | “我只是随便挑了件穿穿 虽然现看起来是这么的有魅力” |
[27:22] | – How did you do that? – What? | – 你是怎么做到的哦? – 什么? |
[27:24] | I’ve been staring at that top for 20 minutes. It was just a top. | 我盯了这上衣足足20分钟也没看出什么 不过是件上衣而已 |
[27:27] | You walk in, and in three seconds it’s an outfit. | 而当你进来三秒钟后 它就成了套礼服了 |
[27:30] | It comes from years of experiencing fashion brain freeze like the one you had. | 这是多年来的时尚经验总结啊 |
[27:34] | – How do you do it? – What? | – 你是怎么知道这些的啊? – 什么? |
[27:36] | This whole guy thing? | 关于和男生拍拖这方面的事? |
[27:38] | I’ve watched you when you talk to a man. | 我以前看到过你和男人讲话的情形 |
[27:40] | You have a comeback for everything. You make him laugh. | 你总是很受欢迎的 你能够逗得他很开心地笑 |
[27:43] | – You smile right. – I smile right? | – 你笑得很纯 – 我笑得纯? |
[27:45] | – Then you do the hair flip. – Oh, twirl. It’s a hair twirl. | – 然后你还轻轻地弄了下头发 – 噢 那是拨弄 用手拨了下头发 |
[27:49] | Then you walk away. And he just stands there, amazed… | 然后你就走了 而他仍旧站在那里 对你依依不舍 |
[27:52] | like he can’t believe what happened. | 就好像他还沉浸在刚才那会儿 没回过神来一样 |
[27:53] | – That’s because I just stole his wallet. – I’ll never be able to do that. | – 那是因为我拿了他的钱包啊 – 我可没能耐那么做 |
[27:57] | Trig, I can do. But boys and dating, forget it. | 数学题 我没问题 但对于男孩子和约会 算了吧 |
[28:01] | I’m a total spaz. | 我只是个笨蛋而已 |
[28:05] | Listen. | 听着 |
[28:07] | The talking part, you just get used to. The hair twirl, I can teach you. | 关于谈话那部分 你就顺其自然吧 用手绕头发这个 我可以教你 |
[28:11] | And the leaving-him-amazed part… | 还有那个让他对你依恋不舍的部分呢 |
[28:13] | with your brain and killer blue eyes, I’m not worried. | 动动你的脑子 再加上你那双有杀伤力的蓝眼睛 肯定能搞定他的 我对你有信心 |
[28:16] | You’ll do fine. Just give yourself a little time to get there. | 你会做到的 你只需要一点时间而已 |
[28:19] | – Is half an hour enough? – Plenty. | – 半小时够了吗? – 足够 |
[28:21] | Come on. Dab on some lip gloss, clear but fruity. Maybe a little mascara. | 来吧 淡淡地涂点唇彩 清新水果味的 也许再来点眉毛油会更好 |
[28:26] | Wear your hair down, and your attitude high. | 把你的头发放下来 这样看去就会很高贵了 |
[28:28] | You’re like a crazy Elsa Klensch. | 你就像那个疯狂的Elsa Klensch |
[28:30] | Oh, thank you. Come on, now, hustle. We got a man coming over. | 噢 谢谢 加油吧 我们要抓紧了哦 等下你的心上人就要来了哦 |
[28:48] | – What time did you tell him to get here? – 7:00. | – 你和他说是几点来这的? – 7点 |
[28:52] | Maybe something happened. Maybe he’s not coming. | 也许他有事吧 也许他不打算来了 |
[28:55] | Maybe he’s just late, Miss German Train. | 也许他只是迟到了一点而已 German Train(急性子)小姐 |
[29:07] | What? | 怎么了? |
[29:08] | …is one of my favorite towns. There used to be a club there… | 那是我最喜欢的城镇之一 以前在那还有个俱乐部 |
[29:11] | – What was it called, baby? – Mister Kelly’s. | – 叫什么来着 亲爱的? – Kelly先生的俱乐部 |
[29:14] | Yeah, Mister Kelly’s. You ever go there? | 对 Kelly先生的俱乐部 你以前去过那里吗? |
[29:16] | – They’ve got Dean. – Wait here. | – 他们缠着Dean了 – 在这里等着 |
[29:20] | – So, Dean, you like jazz? – He sure does. | – 那么 Dean 你喜欢爵士乐吗? – 他当然喜欢 |
[29:24] | It’s all we ever hear about, right? Jazz. | 就是我们一直听的 对吧?爵士乐 |
[29:28] | Hey, sugar. We were just getting to know your young man here. | 嘿 甜心 我们刚刚认识了你的客人 |
[29:31] | Yeah, I see that. | 恩 我看到了哦 |
[29:32] | Dean, would you mind going inside and helping Rory out? | Dean 你不介意去里面帮Rory个小忙吧? |
[29:36] | There’s a struggle with a jar lid that I think she’s about to lose. | 她正在开一个罐头 我想她一个人肯定打不开 |
[29:39] | – Sure, yeah. – It was nice talking to you, Dean. | – 当然 没问题 – 很高兴和你聊天 Dean |
[29:42] | Yeah, you, too. | 是的 我也是 |
[29:44] | – Stay cool, kid. – I will. | – 好好表现 小伙子 – 我会的 |
[29:48] | – Oh, is he cute! – Yeah. | – 噢 他很可爱啊 – 是啊 |
[29:50] | And that Chuck Heston chin of his! | 而且他的下巴和Chuck Heston的很像 |
[29:53] | – Is he Rory’s boyfriend? – No, they’re just friends. | – 他是Rory的男朋友吗? – 不 他们还只是普通朋友 |
[29:56] | That’s not what I heard. | 那可和我听到的不一样哦 |
[29:57] | Kissing at the market gives a whole new meaning to Tasting Day. | 在超市里接吻可真是别出心裁哦 |
[30:01] | Okay. I got to get back inside and shower. I’ll talk to you guys later. | 好的 我得进去了并且去洗个澡 我们迟点再聊哦 |
[30:06] | Have a good evening. | 玩得开心哦 |
[30:07] | And don’t forget to invite us to the wedding. | 别忘了请我们喝喜酒哦 |
[30:10] | Oh, won’t their kids be gorgeous! | 噢 我保证他们的孩子会很可爱的 |
[30:13] | Oh, God, I hope not. | 噢 上帝 我可没想那么多 |
[30:20] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 对不起我迟到了 |
[30:22] | – I got here, like, a half hour ago. – We believe you. | – 我半小时前就到这里了 – 我们相信你呢 |
[30:25] | We’d believe you if you said you got here three hours ago. | 就算你说你是三小时前到这的我们也一样相信你 |
[30:32] | So, Dean, how do you like it here in Stars Hollow? | 那么 Dean 你觉得住在Stars Hollow这里怎么样? |
[30:35] | I like it. | 我喜欢住在这里 |
[30:36] | It’s quiet, but nice. | 很清静但很温馨 |
[30:39] | – I like all the trees everywhere. – Yeah, the trees here are something. | – 我喜欢这里的树 – 当然 这里的树的确很有意义 |
[30:44] | When Rory was little, she found out that one was called a weeping willow. | 当Rory还小的时候 她发现一种叫垂柳的树 |
[30:48] | And so she spent hours trying to cheer it up. | 她就花了好几个小时为”博树一笑” |
[30:51] | You know, like telling it jokes and… | 你知道的 就是给树讲笑话 |
[30:53] | No, I’m sorry. That was me. | 不 不好意思 那人其实是我啦 |
[30:59] | – Would you like a tour of the house? – Okay. | – 你要不要参观下我们的房间啊? – 好啊 |
[31:03] | So, this is the living room, where we do our living. | 那么 这里是个客厅 是我们生活起居的地方 |
[31:09] | Upstairs is my room and the good bathroom. | 楼上是我的卧室 还有个很不错的浴室 |
[31:15] | The kitchen is right through here. | 厨房就在前面 |
[31:18] | You ever heard a fridge yodel before? | 你之前有听到过冰箱唱的岳得尔歌吗? (一种流行与瑞士和奥地利山民间的民歌) |
[31:22] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[31:25] | Well, you have your basics. | 当然 还有一些必要的设施啦 |
[31:27] | Microwave for popcorn, stove for storing shoes… | 像做爆米花的微波炉 用来藏鞋子的壁炉 |
[31:31] | refrigerator, which is completely worthless. | 还有冰箱 虽然现在已经完全没用了 |
[31:34] | Interesting. | 很不错哦 |
[31:36] | I’ll get that. Rory, you take over as tour guide. | 我走开一下 Rory 你再带他好好转转 |
[31:38] | Make sure and show him the emergency exits. | 让他能顺利找到紧急出口的位置 |
[31:43] | – That’s my mom. – She’s got energy. | – 我妈妈就这样 – 她很有活力哦 |
[31:46] | Yeah, well, she’s 90% water, 10% caffeine. | 耶 是的 她身体的90%是水 还有10%是咖啡因 |
[31:52] | – So, what’s in there? – That’s my room. | – 那么 这里是哪里呢? – 这是我的房间 |
[31:55] | Really? Can I see it? | 真的吗? 我能看看吗? |
[31:59] | Wow! Very clean. | 哇哦 好干净啊 |
[32:06] | It sucks that they use Pink Moon in a Volkswagen commercial. | 他们用Pink Moon给大众汽车做广告可真是糟糕 |
[32:09] | Oh, I know. | 恩 我知道 |
[32:13] | – So, are you gonna come in? – Oh, no, I’ve seen it. | – 那么 你不打算进来吗? – 噢 不了 我已经看过了 |
[32:17] | You look like you’re glued to the door there. | 你看起来就像被粘在那扇门上一样 |
[32:19] | No, I’m just observing my room from a new perspective. | 没有啊 我只是从一个新的视角来观察我的房间而已 |
[32:23] | I hardly ever stand here. It’s really making me re-think my throw pillows. | 我还从没在这站过呢 这还真的让我重新想下我的靠枕 |
[32:27] | – Would you like me to get out of here? – No, I’m fine with you looking around. | – 你希望我出去吗? – 没有 你看吧 我没事 |
[32:33] | – Nice chicken. – Or, you know, at least I was. | – 这小鸡很不错哦 – 噢 你知道的 至少我以前是 |
[32:36] | – We do not need dessert, Sookie. – Everybody needs dessert. | – 我们真的不需要什么甜点 Sookie – 每个人都得吃点甜点的 |
[32:40] | – So, where is Rory? – With Dean. | – 那么 Rory人呢? – 和Dean在一起 |
[32:42] | Oh, that’s right. Dean is here. | 噢 对了哦 Dean在呢 |
[32:45] | Yeah, right. You need to go now. | 耶 对了 你得回去了哦 |
[32:47] | – Please. I just want one little peek. – No. | – 求你了 我只要看一眼就可以了 – 不要了啦 |
[32:49] | Okay, fine. So, how are you? How are you doing? | 好的 很好 那么 你好吗? 你过得怎么样? |
[32:53] | – Sookie. – I’m concerned. | – Sookie – 我真的很关心他们 |
[32:55] | – You’re stalling. – Am I? | – 你是在浪费时间 – 有吗? |
[33:00] | – Hey, Lorelai. – Hey, Joe. What do I owe you? | – 嘿 Lorelai – 嘿 Joe 该给你多少钱呢? |
[33:04] | – $15 even. – Okay. | – 15块整 – 好的 |
[33:07] | – How you doing? – Awesome. | – 最近怎么样? – 好极了 |
[33:09] | What did you get on your pizza? | 你订的是什么匹萨啊? |
[33:10] | Did you ask for extra sauce? I always ask for extra sauce… | 你有没有要他们给你多放点调味料啊? 我总是这么跟他们说的 |
[33:13] | Sookie, she’s already freaked out that I invited him here. | Sookie 她对我邀请他来已经有点不高兴了 |
[33:16] | If she thinks I’m parading him in front of my friends, she’ll kill me. | 要是她认为我在我朋友面前炫耀他 她会杀了我的 |
[33:20] | – But, I just… – Death, bloody and slow, okay? | – 但是 我只是 – 慢慢的折磨致死 明白吗? |
[33:23] | – Mom, is that the pizza? – Yeah. | – 妈妈 是匹萨到了吗? – 是的 |
[33:25] | – Okay, bye. Now go. – I just wanted… | – 好了 再见 快走吧 – 我只是想 |
[33:27] | No. Bye. See you. | 别说了 再见 再见 |
[33:33] | – So, are you hungry? – Starving. | – 你饿吗? – 都快饿死了哦 |
[33:35] | – Where’s the pizza? – The pizza’s… | – 匹萨在哪呢? – 那匹萨 |
[33:40] | Just bringing in the pizza. | 匹萨来了哦 |
[33:42] | Hi, I’m Sookie. I’m a friend of LorelaI’s. | 嘿 我叫Sookie 我是Lorelai的朋友 |
[33:47] | Nice to meet you, Dean. Not that I knew you were Dean. | 很高兴见到你 Dean 我不知道你叫Dean |
[33:49] | But you look like a Dean. Doesn’t he look like a Dean? | 不过你看起来很像Dean 他看起来不就是Dean吗 |
[33:52] | Yeah, of all the people in this room, he looks most like a Dean. | 是啊 在我们四个人当中就你看起来最像Dean了 |
[33:55] | Bye, Sookie. | 再见 Sookie |
[33:57] | Have fun. Okay. | 玩儿的开心 好的 |
[34:03] | Here, I’ll take that. | 来 让我来拿吧 |
[34:05] | Oh, thanks. Great. The coffee table’s fine. | 噢 谢谢 很好 放在咖啡桌上句好了 |
[34:09] | I did not invite her. | 我根本就没去邀请她 |
[34:10] | Why don’t you set up a camera, broadcast it over the Internet? | 为什么你不弄个数码摄像机传到因特网去直播啊? |
[34:13] | Because I don’t think that big. | 因为我觉得这不是什么重要的事情 |
[34:17] | Thank God there’s good pizza here. | 感谢上帝这里还有这么好吃的匹萨 |
[34:19] | Yeah. We didn’t know what kind you liked, so we just got everything. | 真的啊 我们不知道你喜欢什么口味的 所以就点了口味全系列的 |
[34:22] | Everything is fine. | 全系列的不错哦 |
[34:24] | Good. Well, while it’s hot. | 很好 趁热快吃吧 |
[34:37] | Now, remember, no messing about. No touching, no tasting… | 现在 你给我记住 不要乱来 别乱碰 别乱吃 |
[34:42] | – Who needs more? – I do. | – 谁还要? – 我要 |
[34:44] | – Wow, you can eat. – Yes, I can. | – 哇哦 你还吃得下哦 – 是啊 我还能吃 |
[34:47] | That’s bad, isn’t it? | 这样很不好哦 不是吗? |
[34:49] | No. Most girls don’t eat. It’s good you eat. | 没有啊 很多女孩子都刻意不吃的 但是你很好会尽情享用 |
[34:52] | I’m all for it. | 我是很饱了 |
[34:53] | Let’s talk about something besides my eating habits. | 让我们聊点别的吧 别谈论我的饮食习惯了哦 |
[34:56] | Oompa Loompas! | Oompa Loompas! |
[35:01] | My mom has a thing for the Oompa Loompas. | 我妈妈很钟爱Oompa Loompas |
[35:03] | I don’t think finding them amusing constitutes a thing. | 我不认为发现他们有趣就一定要意味着什么 |
[35:06] | No, but having a recurring dream about marrying one does. | 不会啊 但至少有个想要再嫁一次给某人的愿望吧 |
[35:09] | Don’t get me started on your Prince Charming crush, okay? | 别逼我说你的迷人王子故事哦 好不好? |
[35:12] | At least my obsessions are live. You have a thing for a cartoon. | 至少我痴情对象是个活人 而你的只是在一部卡通片里罢了 |
[35:16] | – Prince Charming, huh? – It was a long time ago. | – 迷人王子 哦? – 很久以前的事了啦 |
[35:19] | Not the Cinderella one, the Sleeping Beauty one. | 不是灰姑娘和睡美人的故事哦 |
[35:22] | – ‘Cause he could dance. – Yeah. | – 因为他会跳舞哦 – 是的哦 |
[35:25] | I’ve got sisters. | 我有妹妹 |
[35:27] | So, come on, Dean, tell us some of your embarrassing secrets. | 那么 来啊 Dean 和我们说说你的一些害羞的秘密啊 |
[35:30] | Well, I have no embarrassing secrets. | 噢 我没什么害羞的秘密啦 |
[35:33] | Oh, please. | 噢 讲下啦 |
[35:34] | – I bet I know one. – What? | – 我想我知道一个 – 什么? |
[35:36] | The theme from Ice Castles makes you cry. | 有一个冰雪城堡的主题曲让你哭了哦 |
[35:39] | – That’s a good one. – That’s not true. | – 这个不错哦 – 哪有那回事儿哦 |
[35:41] | I’ve got one. | 我也有一个 |
[35:42] | At the end of The Way We Were, you wanted Robert Redford… | 在电影The Way We Were的结尾 你是希望Robert Redford |
[35:45] | to dump his wife and kid for Barbra Streisand. | 他为了Barbra Streisand把老婆孩子都甩了吧 |
[35:47] | – I’ve never seen The Way We Were. – Are you kidding? | – 我没看过电影The Way We Were啊 – 你开玩笑吧? |
[35:50] | What are you waiting for? Heartache, laughter… | 那你还等什么?心痛 开心 |
[35:52] | – Communism. – All in one neat package. | – 共产主义? – 全部囊括了 |
[35:55] | I’ll have to experience that sometime. | 以后有机会我一定会去体验一下的 |
[35:57] | – Next movie night. – It’s a plan. | – 下一个电影之夜 – 好主意 |
[36:00] | – I’m gonna get the popcorn. – Bring the spray cheese. | – 我去拿点爆米花来 – 顺便带点乳酪来 |
[36:07] | When does the outsider get to suggest a movie for movie night? | 什么时候外人能建议电影之夜的电影呢? |
[36:10] | It depends. What movie are you thinking of? | 这要看情况啊 你想看什么电影? |
[36:13] | I don’t know, Boogie Nights, maybe. | 我也不知道 也许是”不羁夜”吧 |
[36:16] | – You’ll never get it past Lorelai. – Not a Marky Mark fan? | – Lorelai肯定不会同意 – 她不是Marky Mark的影迷吗? |
[36:19] | She had a bad reaction to Magnolia. | 她对”木兰花”很反感的哦 |
[36:21] | She sat there screaming for three hours, “I want my life back!” | 她坐在那里尖叫了三个小时 “我要回到我的生活中去” |
[36:25] | Then we got kicked out of the theater. It was actually an entertaining day. | 然后我们就被哄出了电影院 但那天我们真的过得很开心 |
[36:29] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 真的吗? – 是的哦 |
[36:31] | I guess I’ll have to come up with a different movie then. | 我猜下次我得找部不一样风格的电影 |
[36:34] | I guess you will. | 我想也是 |
[36:38] | Are they chocolate eggs? | 那些是巧克力蛋吗? |
[36:40] | That Oompa Loompa right there. | Oompa Loompa就在那 |
[36:46] | You know when he’s dancing… | 你知道当他在跳舞的时候 |
[37:09] | …these are the geese that lay the golden eggs. | 那些鹅会下金蛋 |
[37:12] | As you can see, they’re larger than ordinary geese. | 就像你看到的那样 他们要比一般的鹅大很多 |
[37:14] | As a matter of fact, they’re quadruple-sized geese… | 事实上 他们是普通鹅的四倍大 |
[37:16] | which produce octuple-sized eggs… | 它们下的蛋是普通鹅下的蛋的八倍 |
[37:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:20] | But Easter’s over! | 不过复活节已经过去了啊 |
[37:22] | They don’t know that. | 他们并不知道这个 |
[37:24] | – Hey, Daddy, I want a golden goose. – Here we go again. | – 嘿 老爸 我想要只会下金蛋的鹅 – 又来了 |
[37:28] | All right, sweetheart. Daddy’ll get you a golden goose… | 好的 我的小甜心 爸爸会帮你抓只会下金蛋的鹅的 |
[37:31] | – as soon as we get home. – No, I want one of those! | – 一回家就要 – 不 我想要那些中的一只 |
[37:35] | Wonka, how much do you want for the golden goose? | Wonka 你有多想要一只会下金蛋的鹅啊? |
[37:37] | They’re not for sale… | 他们是不卖的 |
[37:40] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快就回来 |
[37:42] | I want one… | 我想要一只 |
[37:44] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[37:45] | – What? – What are you doing in here? | – 什么? – 你在这里搞什么名堂啊? |
[37:47] | Trying to find a bathing suit for my bust size. | 根据我的胸围在找一块合适的浴巾啊 |
[37:50] | Get back in there. | 快去那里啊 |
[37:51] | Why? What happened? Did the bag boy try something? | 为什么?怎么了? 那小子想乱来? |
[37:54] | He’s sitting there, he’s watching the movie, he’s perfect… | 他就坐在那里啊 他一直都在看电影 他很乖啊 |
[37:57] | – and he smells really good. – What? | – 而且他身上真的太香了 – 什么? |
[38:00] | He smells really good, and he looks amazing… | 他身上的味道很怡人 而且他看去也很迷人 |
[38:02] | and I am stupid! I said, “Thank you.” | 可我却跟猪一样 只说了句谢谢 |
[38:05] | – You said “thank you”? – When he kissed me. | – 你说了句谢谢? – 当他亲我的时候 |
[38:08] | He kissed you again? | 他又亲你了? |
[38:10] | What, is he just out of prison or something? | 什么 他是不是刚从监狱里放出来 还是别的什么原因啊? |
[38:12] | No, not now. Yesterday, at the store. | 不 又不是现在 是昨天啦 在超市里啊 |
[38:14] | All right. Strike the prison comment. | 那就好 收回我那个监狱的假设 |
[38:16] | – He kissed you and you said “thank you”? – Yes. | – 他亲了你然后你只说了句谢谢? – 是的 |
[38:20] | That was very polite. | 真够礼貌的啊 |
[38:21] | No, it was stupid. And I don’t know what I’m doing. | 不 我觉得这很傻 而且我都不知道我在干嘛 |
[38:24] | What kind of chaperon are you, sitting in the kitchen? | 你个女看护怎么当的哦 就管自己坐在厨房? |
[38:27] | I’m not trying to be a chaperon. I’m a girlfriend. | 我可不想做个女看护 我要做你的女性朋友 |
[38:29] | Well, switch gears ’cause I’m freaking out here! | 好了 我得振作起来了 因为我一直在逃避现实 |
[38:32] | You really like him, don’t you? | 你真的很喜欢他 不是吗? |
[38:36] | – Yeah. – Okay, then. Just calm down. | – 是啊 – 好的 好的 先别急嘛 |
[38:39] | I don’t want to do or say anything else that’s gonna be remotely moronic. | 我真的不想做些或说些让他觉得我很幼稚的行为和话 |
[38:43] | I’m afraid once your heart is involved it all comes out in moron. | 恐怕你一旦用情过深之后反而会表现得更加幼稚 |
[38:46] | – Just please come back in. – Okay. Let’s go, then. | – 请你和我一起进去吧 – 好的 那就走吧 |
[38:49] | We can’t go back in together. That would be too obvious. | 我们不能一起进去 这样太明显了哦 |
[38:52] | Right. Okay, I’ll go in first, and you go to the bathroom. | 好的 好的 那我先进去 然后你去卫生间 |
[38:55] | Okay, good. Tell him I had to wash my face. | 好的 主意不错 和他说下我得去洗个脸先 |
[38:58] | – Yes. ‘Cause of all the sugar you ate. – Yes, very good. | – 是的 因为你把那些糖都吃掉了 – 恩 很好 |
[39:08] | Hi. I’m back. | 嘿 我回来了 |
[39:11] | – Rory went to wash her face. – Oh, okay. | – Rory去洗脸了 – 噢 好的 |
[39:17] | …swifter than eagles, stronger than lions… | 比老鹰更矫健 比狮子更强壮 |
[39:26] | Hey, Grandpa, what was that we just went through? | 嘿 爷爷 刚才那个是什么啊? |
[39:33] | I don’t know exactly how to say this… | 我不知道确切地应该怎么说 |
[39:36] | but this is a very different kind of household you walked into tonight. | 但今晚你来到的这个家庭是很不一般的 |
[39:40] | Yeah, I know. | 恩 我知道 |
[39:41] | See, Rory is my daughter. | 你也知道 Rory是我唯一的女儿 |
[39:45] | – Here comes the talk. – How about I talk, you listen? | – 谈话开始了哦 – 要不我说 你听? |
[39:49] | Rory is a smart kid. She’s never been much for guys. | Rory是个机灵的孩子 她和男生没有太多交往的 |
[39:51] | The fact that she likes you means a lot. | 现在她喜欢上了你就说明了很多东西 |
[39:53] | I don’t believe she’d waste her time with some loser. | 我相信她是不会和一个差劲的男生浪费她时间的 |
[39:55] | But you’re watching me. | 可你也看到我是怎么样一个人了啊 |
[39:56] | Sweetheart, the whole town is watching you. | 孩子 整个镇上的人都在注意你 |
[39:59] | That girl in there is beloved around here. | 那个正在洗脸的女孩在这里可是很受欢迎的哦 |
[40:03] | You hurt her, there’s not a safe place within a hundred miles for you to hide. | 要是你伤害了她 方圆百里你是没有藏身之所的哦 |
[40:07] | This is a very small, weird place you moved to. | 你来到的是一个很小但却很难琢磨的小镇 |
[40:10] | I’ve noticed. | 我发现了 |
[40:12] | So, just know all eyes are on you. | 所以说 现在很多人都在关注着你的一举一动 |
[40:16] | Anything else? | 还有别的要说的吗? |
[40:17] | – She’s not going on your motorcycle. – I don’t have a motorcycle. | – 她不会去坐你的摩托车的 – 我没摩托车哦 |
[40:20] | – She’s not going on your motorcycle. – Fine. She won’t go on my motorcycle. | – 她是不会去坐你的摩托车的 – 我明白了她不会坐我的摩托车的 |
[40:25] | Curfew will be enforced. You will not detract from her schoolwork. | 要严格遵守宵禁令 你不能影响她的学业 |
[40:28] | You’ll start handling those lemons better. | 你以后得学着好好处理那些柠檬了 |
[40:30] | – What? – Don’t interrupt me when I’m speaking. | – 什么? – 我讲话的时候不要随便打断我 |
[40:32] | I reserve the right to change, alter, tweak, or add to the list of rules at any time… | 我保留任何时候更换 改变 调整或是增加规定及条款的权利 |
[40:36] | without any written notice. Am I clear? | 没有任何书面通知 我所说的都明白了吗? |
[40:39] | You’re clear. | 你说的非常清楚 |
[40:41] | – Good. – My turn to speak? | – 好的 – 我能发言了吗? |
[40:44] | Fine. Go ahead. | 当然 说吧 |
[40:47] | You can lay on all the rules you want. | 你可以订立任何你想要的规定 |
[40:49] | You can have the whole town spy on me… | 你可以发动整个镇的人来监视我 |
[40:52] | and stare at me, and chase me through the streets. | 并且盯紧我 也可以来个街道追捕 |
[40:54] | I like the “chase you through the streets” idea. | 我喜欢这个所谓街道追捕的创意 |
[40:57] | I just want you to know that I’m not going anywhere. | 不过我只想让你知道其实我什么地方也不去 |
[40:59] | – It’s gonna be a short chase then, isn’t it? – I need you not to hate me. | – 那不就意味着追捕距离要缩短了啊 不是吗? – 我只希望你不要讨厌我 |
[41:03] | If you hate me, then I don’t have a shot in hell with Rory. | 要是你讨厌我的话 那么我和Rory也就没戏了 |
[41:07] | – Rory has her own mind. – But you’re her best friend. | – Rory是有主见的 – 但你是她最亲密的朋友啊 |
[41:09] | What you think means everything to her, and you know that. | 你应该明白 你考虑的东西对她来说太重要了 |
[41:14] | I want to like you, ’cause Rory likes you. | 我想去喜欢你 因为Rory她很喜欢你 |
[41:18] | – But you don’t. – I want to. | – 但你不喜欢我 – 我想这样 |
[41:21] | And I usually get what I want. | 而且通常我能得到我想要的 |
[41:25] | Fair enough. | 很好 |
[41:32] | She’s taking a long time on her face. | 她洗脸洗得好久哦 |
[41:35] | Yeah, well, Rory is a perfectionist. | 恩 其实 Rory她是个完美主义者 |
[41:39] | Let’s do it again, Mr. Wonka. | 让我们再做一次吧 Wonka先生 |
[41:43] | Tell your mom thanks for inviting me. | 记得帮我转告你妈妈谢谢她今晚邀请我来 |
[41:45] | I’m sorry if this was totally weird. | 要是今晚有让你觉得什么地方不好的话我向你道歉 |
[41:47] | – With my mom inviting you over… – No. It was good, really. | – 让我妈妈来邀请你 – 不 这样很好 真的 |
[41:52] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗? – 是哦 |
[42:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:19] | So, that went well. | 那么 一切都还顺利吧 |
[42:21] | Yeah, not bad. | 恩 不错哦 |
[42:24] | Did I humiliate you? | 我有没有让你没面子呢? |
[42:26] | I don’t know. What did you say to him when I went to the bathroom? | 我不知道 我在卫生间的时候你和他谈了些什么? |
[42:30] | That you’re pretty. | 说你很可爱很漂亮啊 |
[42:32] | – Liar. – Yeah, well… | – 骗人哦 – 哈 没有啊 |
[42:36] | – I’m gonna go to bed. – Okay. | – 我准备去睡了哦 – 好的 |
[42:44] | – Mom, what’s the matter? – Nothing. | – 妈妈 怎么了? – 没什么 |
[42:47] | Yes, there is. Come on. Tell me. | 肯定有的 来吧 告诉我 |
[42:50] | Nothing. | 真的没什么 |
[42:54] | I really wanted you to tell me about that kiss. | 我只是真的很想你能亲自告诉我那次接吻的事 |
[42:57] | I’m so sorry. I really wanted to, I swear. | 真的很抱歉 其实我是很想这么做的 我发誓 |
[43:00] | – I just got scared and… – I know. I’m not mad. | – 我只是怕 – 我知道 我不气 |
[43:03] | I just wanted to hear about it. That’s all. | 我只是很想亲耳听到你和说 就这么简单 |
[43:07] | It’s no big deal. It’s okay. I’m fine. | 这又没什么不好的 很正常啊 我很通情达理的 |
[43:10] | It’s one too many Caramello bars. I’m sorry. | 那是因为吃太多了 对不起 |
[43:13] | You have school, I have work. So time for bed. | 你还要上课 我还要上班 该去休息了哦 |
[43:17] | – Okay. Good night. – Okay. Good night, hon. | – 恩 晚安 – 好的 晚安吧 |
[43:23] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[43:25] | I know this is lame and totally after the fact, but… | 我知道这次我做得不好 而且也是先斩后奏的 |
[43:28] | Start at the beginning. And you leave anything out, you die. | 从头说起 要是你漏掉一点点的话 你就死定了哦 |
[43:32] | – Where were you? – I was in the aisle where the ant spray is. | – 你当时在哪里? – 我当时就在喷蚁剂旁边的那个过道 |
[43:35] | – That’s a good aisle. – That’s what Lane said, too. | – 真是个好过道 – Lane她也这么说哦 |
[43:38] | But, anyway, so he was working, and I go into the store… | 不过 言归正传 他那时正在上班 而我就走进了超市 |
[43:40] | and I just kind of walked around pretending to shop for food or whatever… | 而我呢 只是到处走走假装买点吃的或别的什么 |