时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | This, boys and girls, is a story of true love. | 男孩女孩们 这是一个关于“真爱”的故事 |
[00:09] | A beautiful girl from one county, a handsome boy from another. | 一个来自小镇的漂亮女孩 一个来自另一小镇的帅气男孩 |
[00:13] | They meet, and they fall in love. | 他们相识 相爱 |
[00:14] | Separated by distance and by parents who did not approve of the union… | 因为距离和父母的反对 他们被迫分离 |
[00:19] | the young couple dreamed of the day that they could be together. | 这对年轻的情侣不断梦想着 有一天他们终将在一起 |
[00:22] | They wrote each other beautiful letters, letters of longing and passion… | 他们用信件互诉衷肠 字里行间充满了激情与渴望… |
[00:27] | letters full of promises and plans for the future. | 充满了诺言和未来的打算 |
[00:30] | Soon the separation proved too much for either one of them to bear. | 很快 他们谁也无法继续忍受这种分离 |
[00:34] | So, one night, cold and black… | 于是 在一个月黑风高的夜晚… |
[00:38] | with no light to guide them, they both snuck out of their homes… | 没有灯光指引 他们逃出了各自的家… |
[00:42] | and ran away as fast as they could. | 竭尽所能的奔跑 |
[00:45] | It was so dark out that they were both soon lost. | 天实在太黑 他们两人都迷失了方向 |
[00:49] | And it seemed as if they would never find each other. | 看上去 他们无法再见到对方了 |
[00:52] | Finally, the girl dropped to her knees, tears streaming down her lovely face. | 最终 女孩跪倒在地 泪水从她美丽的脸庞滑落 |
[00:57] | ‘Oh, my love, where are you? How will I find you?’ | “啊 吾爱 你到底在哪 我要怎样才能找到你” |
[01:02] | Suddenly, a band of stars appeared in the sky. | 突然间 一条星河出现在天空中 |
[01:06] | These stars shone so brightly, they lit up the entire countryside. | 这些星星是那么的耀眼明亮 以至于照亮了整个乡间 |
[01:10] | The girl jumped to her feet… | 女孩跳了起来… |
[01:11] | and followed the path of the stars, until finally… | 沿着星星照亮的路途寻找 直到最终… |
[01:14] | she found herself standing right where the town gazebo is today. | 她发现自己正站在今日镇上的凉亭里… |
[01:19] | And there waiting for her, was her one true love… | 而在那里等着她的 正是她唯一的真爱… |
[01:21] | who had also been led here by the blanket of friendly stars. | 他也是被这善良的星幕指引到了这里 |
[01:26] | And that, my friends, is the story of how Stars Hollow came to be… | 我的亲爱的朋友们 这就是Stars Hollow的由来… |
[01:30] | and why we celebrate that fateful night… | 以及为什么我们庆祝那样一个意义重大的夜晚… |
[01:33] | every year at about this time. | 在每一年的这个时候 |
[01:36] | Now, we still have a little time left in our story hour. | 现在 我们的“故事时间”还剩一点 |
[01:40] | Who wants to hear about the time I danced in a cage for Tito Puente? | 有谁想听听那次 我在笼子里为Tito Puente跳舞的事? |
[01:44] | Me. | 我 |
[01:45] | It was the summer of ’66. | 那是1966年的夏天… |
[02:55] | So? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[02:56] | – It’s depressing. – It’s beautiful. | – 令人沮丧的故事 – 这是个美丽的故事. |
[02:58] | – She throws herself under a train. – But I bet she looked great doing it. | – 她跑去卧轨了 – 我敢打赌她一定很漂亮 |
[03:01] | I don’t know, I think maybe Tolstoy’s a little over my head. | 我不知道 我想我是有点不能理解Tolstoy的作品 |
[03:04] | No, that’s not true. Tolstoy wrote for the masses, the common man. | 不 不会这样的 Tolstoy是为了普通读者写的 |
[03:08] | It’s untrue that you have to be a genius to read his stuff. | 你不需要是个天才就能读懂他的文章 |
[03:11] | Yeah, but… | 的确如此 不过… |
[03:12] | – I know it’s big. – Very big. | – 我知道故事框架很大 – 是非常大 |
[03:13] | – And long. – Very long. | – 而且很长 – 是非常长 |
[03:15] | Many Russian names tend to be spelled very similarly, so it’s confusing. | 许多俄罗斯名字拼写起来是差不多的 真把人搞糊涂了 |
[03:18] | Every single person’s name ends with ‘sky. ‘ Now how’s that possible? | 每个人的名字都以”sky”结尾 这怎么可能 |
[03:22] | It’s one of my favorite books. I know if you just give it a try… | 这是我最喜欢的一本书 我知道尽管你已经尝试过一次了… |
[03:26] | I’ll try again. | 我会再试试的 |
[03:27] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 没错 |
[03:29] | You won’t be sorry. | 你不会后悔的 |
[03:30] | – Coffee? – Please. | – 去喝咖啡好吗? – 好的 |
[03:35] | I thought Christmas was a big deal around here. | 我认为在这里圣诞节是件大事 |
[03:37] | This is a town that likes the celebrating. | 这镇子的确是喜欢庆典的那一种 |
[03:39] | Last year, we had a month-long carnival when we got off the septic tank system. | 去年当我们有了自来水的时候 我们办了一个长达一个月的嘉年华 |
[03:43] | – A month long? You’re kidding. – No. | – 一个月? 开玩笑的吧 – 没有 |
[03:46] | There were rides, a petting zoo, balloon animals, and a freak show. | 我们弄来了旋转木马 小动物园 动物造型的气球 还有一个奇异展 |
[03:52] | Okay, you almost had me going there for a second. | 好了好了 你有点让我身临其镜了 |
[03:54] | We did have a ribbon-cutting ceremony. | 我们甚至还有剪彩庆典 |
[03:58] | What are you doing Friday night? | 星期五晚上你怎么打发? |
[04:01] | I’ve got the usual Friday night grandparents’ dinner. | 我通常都要在外婆家吃晚饭 |
[04:03] | But I thought if we get back early enough… | 不过我想我们如果能赶得及早回来… |
[04:06] | we should go watch the bonfire together. | 我们应该可以去看看篝火晚会… |
[04:08] | I mean, it’s kind of corny, but it’s really pretty. | 我知道 虽然有些老土 但是它真的很漂亮 |
[04:11] | And they sell star-shaped hot dogs. | 而且那里还有卖星形的热狗 |
[04:13] | How about if you get out of dinner at your grandparents’ this week? | 这周你能不能不去你祖父家吃晚饭? |
[04:17] | – I don’t think so. – What if it’s for a special occasion? | – 我想不大可能 – 难道有其他重要的场合也不行? |
[04:20] | The occasion better include my being relocated to a plastic bubble… | 除非这个场合包括我被装在一个塑料泡泡里… |
[04:23] | if my grandmother’s gonna let me out of dinner. | 我外婆才可能让我不参加晚餐 |
[04:26] | There must be another excuse that you can use. | 你应该还能找到别的借口 |
[04:28] | Like what? | 比如? |
[04:29] | Like it’s your three-month anniversary with your boyfriend. | 比如“和男朋友交往3个月纪念” |
[04:32] | – It is? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是的 |
[04:34] | Three months from your birthday. | 自你生日起的3个月 |
[04:36] | That’s when I gave you the bracelet… | 就是那个时候我给了你手镯… |
[04:38] | and that’s when I figure this whole thing started. | 也就是那个时候我知道这一切开始了 |
[04:40] | Three months! | 哇 3个月! |
[04:41] | Actually, your birthday was on a Saturday… | 事实上你的生日是星期六… |
[04:43] | so it should be Saturday, but I work Saturday… | 所以本该是到星期六才满3个月 但是我那天必须工作… |
[04:46] | and I planned this whole big thing. So I thought we could do it Friday. | 而且我准备了大节目 所以我想我们可以星期五来庆祝 |
[04:49] | – What whole big thing? – Just this once, miss dinner. Please. | – 那个”大节目”是什么? – 就这一次 晚餐小姐 拜托 |
[04:53] | Don’t make me throw myself under a train. | 别让我也去卧轨哟 |
[04:56] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我看看我能怎么安排一下 |
[04:58] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不用客气 |
[05:03] | – It’s our three-month anniversary. – Yeah, it is. | – 这是我们的3个月纪念日 – 是的 没错 |
[05:06] | – I feel stupid I didn’t even know about this. – That’s quite all right. | – 我真笨 自己都不知道 – 没关系的 |
[05:09] | I feel really bad that I missed our two-month anniversary. | 我觉得很糟糕 因为我错过了我们的“2个月纪念日” |
[05:12] | – Quite all right, too. – How was it? | – 这也是没关系的 – 那怎么样? |
[05:14] | – Pretty good. – I’m glad. | – 很不错 – 我真高兴 |
[05:30] | – No. Put that away. – I want to cook. | – 不 把它放下来 – 我想来做菜 |
[05:33] | – You can make soup. – No. | – 你可以做汤 – 不 |
[05:34] | I want to really cook like on the Food Channel. | 我真的想像饮食频道教的那样做做菜 |
[05:36] | I want to saute things, chop things, do the ‘bam!’ | 我想要炒菜 切菜 做顿厉害的 |
[05:39] | I want to arrange things on plates. I want to be the iron chef. | 我想要漂亮地装盘 我想做大厨 |
[05:42] | – Fine. – Really? | – 可以 – 真的? |
[05:44] | – Yeah, I’ll help. – Okay. | – 是的 我来帮忙 – 好的 |
[05:46] | – I need a pan. – And a fire extinguisher. | – 我需要一个平底锅 – 和一个灭火器 |
[05:49] | Funny girl. | 很有趣 女孩 |
[05:51] | Now, if I’d only bought some hamburger. | 现在 如果我有买汉堡包的话… |
[05:54] | – You didn’t buy hamburger? – Yes, I bought hamburger. | – 你没买? – 好在 我买了 |
[05:57] | I just like saying things like that so you look at me like I’m crazy. | 我只是喜欢那样说话 但你却觉得我好象疯了一样 |
[06:02] | So tell me, why the sudden need to be domestic? | 那么告诉我 为什么突然变得那么居家? |
[06:04] | – I don’t know. I’m in a funky mood. – Why? | – 我不知道 我只是没什么心情 – 怎么了? |
[06:07] | Too many stars, too much love. It makes me cranky. | 太多星星 太多情啊爱啊… 弄得我有点喘不过气来 |
[06:10] | – So you haven’t heard from Mr. Medina. – No, I haven’t. | – 那么你肯定还没收到Medina先生的消息 – 不 我没有 |
[06:13] | – Maybe that’s why you are cranky. – New subject, please. | – 也许这就是为什么你觉得喘不过气的原因 – 拜托 不要转移话题 |
[06:16] | – You have a phone also. – How’s it coming with that pan? | – 你可以打个电话 – 这跟那个锅有什么关系吗 |
[06:18] | Cleopatra, queen of denial. | Cleopatra 否认女王 |
[06:20] | – The pan. Please. – Okay, fine. | – 回到这个锅 拜托 – 好吧 好吧 |
[06:22] | – New topic. – Thank you. | – 新话题 – 谢谢 |
[06:24] | I have this huge favor to ask you. | 我这次是想拜托你… |
[06:27] | Something I can hold over your head. Let’s hear it. | 啊,需要我出出主意的 说来听听 |
[06:29] | Friday night is Dean’s and my three-month anniversary. | 星期五晚是我和Dean交往的3个月纪念日 |
[06:32] | Three months? Wow! | 3个月? 哇! |
[06:33] | Dean apparently has some big, fancy evening planned for us. | 很显然Dean为我们精心准备了大节目 |
[06:36] | – Very classy of him. – Yes, it is. | – 他可真贴心 – 没错 他的确是 |
[06:38] | But for me to actually partake of the aforesaid fancy evening… | 但是如果我想要参与这样一个美妙的夜晚… |
[06:42] | I have to get out of Friday night dinner. | 我必须想办法推掉星期五外婆家的晚餐 |
[06:44] | – Good luck with that. – Mom. | – 那祝你好运了 – 妈妈! |
[06:46] | Do you know how much Emily Gilmore will not care… | 如果你想知道Emily Gilmore 有多不关心… |
[06:49] | about your anniversary? | 你们的交往纪念日 |
[06:50] | You could talk to her. | 我想你去和她谈谈 |
[06:52] | If there was a runoff between what Emily Gilmore would care about less: | 如果在Emily Gilmore最不关心的事情之间 举行一场决赛: |
[06:55] | A two-for-one toilet paper sale or your anniversary… | 比赛的双方是厕纸买一送一 和你的交往纪念日… |
[06:58] | your anniversary would win. Hands down. | 毫无疑问你的交往纪念日会赢 很容易 |
[07:00] | – You won’t even try to help? – I’m gonna try because I care. | – 你都不帮愿忙吗? – 我会帮你的 因为我关心 |
[07:04] | – Emily Gilmore, however… – Phone, please. | – 但是 Emily Gilmore… – 打个电话吧 求你 |
[07:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:10] | What? | 什么? |
[07:13] | Nothing. It’s just… | 没什么 只是… |
[07:15] | ‘Mom, Rory and Dean are having their three-month anniversary on Friday. ‘ | “妈妈 这周五是Dean和Rory交往3个月纪念日” |
[07:19] | ‘Really, Lorelai? Why, that’s wonderful. I’m thrilled. ‘ | “真的吗 Lorelai? 为什么 那很好啊 我太激动了” |
[07:22] | Stop. | 停 |
[07:24] | ‘Three months. Hold on. I’m going to cartwheel. ‘ | “3个月 等等 我要翻个跟斗” |
[07:26] | – Forget it. – No way. She’s telling my dad now. | – 忘了吧 – 不可能 她现在肯定告诉老爸了 |
[07:30] | – I think they’re cabbage patching. – That’s it. Find your own pan. | – 我想他们正在做卷心菜娃娃 – 就这样吧 你自己找锅去吧 |
[07:33] | – Hello? – Mom? | – 喂 你好? – 妈妈? |
[07:34] | – Lorelai? – Yes. | – Lorelai? – 是我 |
[07:38] | Hi. How are you doing? | 嗨 你好吗? |
[07:40] | – I’m doing fine. – That’s good. | – 我很好 – 那就好 |
[07:42] | – I’m pleased. – And how’s Dad? | – 我真高兴 – 爸爸怎么样? |
[07:44] | What do you want, Lorelai? | 你到底想做什么 Lorelai? |
[07:46] | I was just calling to say hello. | 我只是想打个电话过来问声好 |
[07:48] | – And now you have. – Okay, good. | – 你现在已经问过了 – 嗯 好的 |
[07:51] | Was there anything else you wanted to add to that hello? | 除了问好之外你还想做点别的什么吗? |
[07:53] | As a matter of fact, there is. | 事实上 的确如此 |
[07:57] | – You know Rory? – Yes, I believe I do. | – 你知道Rory吗? – 是的 我想我认识 |
[08:00] | She wanted to say hello, too. | 她也想问声好 |
[08:03] | I’m late for a meeting. I’d love to know why. | 我开会快迟到了 你到底要说什么 |
[08:05] | Mom, just hear me out, okay? And don’t say anything. | 妈妈 只听我说好吗 你不要开口 好吗? |
[08:09] | Friday night is Rory and Dean’s three-month anniversary. | 妈妈 这周五是Dean和Rory交往3个月纪念日 |
[08:12] | While that might not seem a big deal to you, it is to them. | 虽然对你来说没什么 但是那个晚上对他们来说很重要 |
[08:15] | I’m gonna ask you to do something you are not gonna wanna do. | 我有个不情之请… |
[08:17] | I’m begging you to look at it from her point of view and maybe… | 我希望你能站在她的立场上想想… |
[08:21] | let her, just this once, not come to dinner on Friday. | 就这一次 允许她周五不过来吃晚饭 |
[08:26] | All right. | 好的 |
[08:28] | What? | 什么? |
[08:29] | Since this is a special occasion, it would be fine if Rory missed dinner on Friday. | 既然有这么重要的场合 我想Rory周五不过来比较好 |
[08:34] | – It would? – Yes. | – 真的可以吗? – 当然 |
[08:35] | – Are you sure? – I believe I am. | – 你确定? – 我觉得是的 |
[08:37] | – No arguments? – No. | – 没有异议? – 没有 |
[08:38] | – She won’t be there. – I understand. | – 她周五不会过来 – 我能理解 |
[08:40] | – At all. – I heard. | – 完全不出现 – 我听到了 |
[08:42] | – All night long. – I assumed as much. | – 一整晚 – 我可以猜得到 |
[08:44] | – Okay. – Okay. | – 好的 – 好的 |
[08:45] | – All right. – Anything else? | – 很好. – 还有别的什么事吗? |
[08:48] | She’s gonna need some help getting ready for the big night. | 为了这个晚上她需要一些帮助来准备… |
[08:51] | – So I should… – We’ll see you at 7:00. | – 所以我想… – 我们7点见面 |
[08:53] | Okay. Right. Bye. | 好的 好的 再见 |
[08:56] | So? | 怎样? |
[08:57] | The world is officially coming to an end. | 世界末日肯定快到了 |
[09:01] | – And they’re off. – The bell just rang three seconds ago. | – 他们已经开始了 – 3秒钟前才打的铃 |
[09:03] | How did they get lip-locked so fast? | 他们怎么能这么快就把嘴唇黏到一起了? |
[09:05] | I want a boyfriend to make out with. | 我想有个男朋友一起亲热 |
[09:07] | Ty Tallson likes you. | Ty Tallson喜欢你 |
[09:08] | I want a different boyfriend to make out with. | 我想换一个男朋友一起亲热 |
[09:10] | – I can’t get to my locker. – They’ll move if you ask nice. | – 我没办法靠近我的置物柜 – 你有礼貌点他们就会让开了 |
[09:13] | You know, dangle a hotel key in front of their faces. | 你知道的 拿把旅馆钥匙在他们眼前晃晃 |
[09:16] | This is a school. You don’t do this in a school. | 这里是学校!你不能在学校里这么做 |
[09:19] | Not unless you’ve got a boyfriend like Tristan. | 但如果你有个像Tristan的男朋友 就另当别论了 |
[09:22] | Then you do it anywhere you can. | 那么你在哪都会这么做的 |
[09:24] | – Street corner. – Shopping mall. | – 街角 – 商场 |
[09:25] | – Phone booth. – Starbucks. | – 电话亭 – 星巴克 |
[09:27] | Thank you for the where-to-make-out list. I just need to get my books. | 谢谢你的”约会地点”清单 我只是想拿回我的书 |
[09:30] | Hell hath no fury. | 地狱里没有愤怒 |
[09:34] | Excuse me. You’re in my way. | 不好意思 你挡着我了 |
[09:38] | Spawn in front of somebody else’s locker, please. | 堵在别人的置物柜前面 哦 拜托 |
[09:41] | I’m assuming your locker’s in there somewhere also. | 我猜你的柜子也在那边 |
[09:43] | Right behind Belle Watling. | 就在Belle Watling的后面 |
[09:45] | – Have you tried to get their attention? – Sure have. | – 你试过引起他们的注意吗 – 当然 |
[09:48] | – No luck? – No. | – 不走运? – 是的 |
[09:51] | God, look at that. It’s like he’s eating her face. | 天哪 看看 他都快把她的脸吞了 |
[09:54] | Okay, that’s it. I’m getting the fire hose. | 那好吧 就是这样了 我去拿消防水管 |
[09:56] | Let me try first. | 让我先试试 |
[09:59] | Could you move this whole thing down to the left a little? | 你们能不能集体向左移一点? |
[10:02] | – What? – You’re standing in front of the lockers. | – 什么? – 你们站的地方刚好挡住柜子了 |
[10:04] | – Our lockers. – Sorry. | – 而且是我们的 – 抱歉 |
[10:06] | – Just got a little carried away. – Right. | – 我们有点忘我了 – 没错 |
[10:11] | – Hey, Paris. – Hey. | – 嘿 Paris – 嘿 |
[10:15] | You should get bangs. | 你应该留点刘海的 |
[10:16] | Thanks for the tip. | 谢谢你的建议 |
[10:18] | You have a long forehead. Bangs would hide that. | 你额头太高 刘海能帮你遮掉点 |
[10:24] | Party at my house Saturday. | 周六我家有派对 |
[10:25] | Dress to impress, please. | 请好好打扮一下 |
[10:27] | – Come? – I don’t know. | – 来吗? – 我不知道 |
[10:29] | – You could bring your boyfriend. – I’ll see. | – 你可以把你男友带来 – 我看看 |
[10:31] | – Meet me after Biology? – And if I don’t? | – 下生物课来见个面? – 如果我不呢? |
[10:35] | You will. | 你会的 |
[10:38] | Yes, I will. | 是的 我会来 |
[10:41] | To be young and in love. | 像个年轻人 去恋爱 |
[10:42] | What a shame Elizabeth Barrett Browning wasn’t here to see this. | 真遗憾Elizabeth Barrett Browning 无法看到这些 |
[10:45] | She’d put her head through a wall. | 她会想去撞墙的 |
[11:07] | Now, people, this is a kitchen. At least wear some hairnets. | 哦 不 两位 这里是厨房 至少也戴个发网吧 |
[11:13] | – Hello. We were… – Just discussing jam making. | – 你好 我们是在… – 讨论果酱的做法 |
[11:16] | Jackson’s gonna start making jam and preserves. | Jackson准备开始做果酱和餐前甜点了 |
[11:20] | Maybe tomato sauce. | 也许是番茄酱 |
[11:22] | There’s a whole world out there beyond growing vegetables. | 你知道的 除了种蔬菜以外还有很大一个世界的 |
[11:25] | – No coffee? – Sorry. | – 没有咖啡? – 抱歉 |
[11:27] | That’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[11:28] | – Resume smooching. – Thank you. | – 你们继续吧 – 谢谢 |
[11:35] | No, cherie. I can’t wait either. | 不 Cherie 我也不能等 |
[11:39] | Very soon. | 很快 |
[11:42] | You are? | 是这样吗? |
[11:45] | Don’t tease me. | 不要笑我 |
[11:47] | I promise all this waiting will be worthwhile. | 我保证这一切等待都是值得的 |
[11:51] | I’ll see you then. | 到时再见 |
[11:54] | Goodbye, darling. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[11:59] | So how’s Mom? | 妈妈怎样? |
[12:01] | And while normally I would look forward to a good verbal sparring match… | 通常情况下我会跟你好好斗一番嘴… |
[12:05] | today I say no. | 今天我说不 |
[12:06] | My heart is light, the world is fine, and I have a date for Saturday night. | 我的心情很好 我的世界很美妙 我在周六晚上还有个很重要的约会 |
[12:11] | Your turn. | 轮到你了 |
[12:14] | What I need now is lots and lots of coffee. | 我就知道我需要很多很多咖啡 |
[12:25] | Heads up! | 小心头! |
[12:28] | – You okay? – Yeah, I’m fine. | – 你还好吗? – 是的 我没事 |
[12:31] | Man! | 天啊! |
[12:32] | – That has never happened before. – Really? | – 以前从没发生过这种事的 – 真的? |
[12:36] | How about that. | 但现在发生了 |
[12:47] | I was almost crushed by a papier-mache star. | 我差点被一个纸做的星星砸到 |
[12:50] | – How’s your day? – It’s looking pretty good now. | – 你今天怎样? – 现在看来挺不错的 |
[12:53] | Coffee, please, and a shot of cynicism. | 麻烦来杯咖啡 还有冷嘲热讽 |
[12:55] | – Why so cheery? – I don’t know. I’m just in a mood. | – 为什么那么开心? – 不知道 刚好就是有心情 |
[12:58] | There’s no particular reason for this mood? | 没有什么特别的原因就有这种好心情? |
[13:00] | – No. You don’t believe me? – I believe you. | – 没有 你不相信我? – 我信你 |
[13:03] | You say there’s no reason for the mood, there’s no reason for the mood. | 你说没有特别的原因那就是没有 |
[13:07] | – Simply nuts. – Or bipolar. That’s very big nowadays. | – 很傻 – 或者是精神躁郁 现在来说这是个大问题 |
[13:10] | No, Patty, you’re wrong. | 不 Patty 你错了 |
[13:12] | They built the fire to throw themselves on it… | 他们架起火堆然后当他们的家人找到他们时… |
[13:14] | when their families found them. | 他们已经跳进火海了 |
[13:16] | Taylor, you’re crazy. They built the fire… | Taylor 你疯了吗 他们架起火堆… |
[13:18] | so they could stay warm their first night here. | 是为了他们在这的第一个夜晚不那么寒冷 |
[13:20] | Patty, I am the recording secretary for the Stars Hollow City Council. | Patty 我是Stars Hollow 市议会的书记员 |
[13:24] | I think I know how my town was founded. | 我想我清楚这个城镇的建立过程 |
[13:26] | Can nobody talk about anything else but this stupid festival? | 难道就没人能说说 除了这个愚蠢节日以外的事了吗? |
[13:31] | That came out a lot louder than it was supposed to, didn’t it? | 我说得太大声了 是吗? |
[13:34] | This festival is commemorating the founding of our town, young lady. | 这个节日是为了纪念我们城镇的建立 小姐 |
[13:38] | – I know, Taylor. I’m sorry. – She’s bipolar. | – 我知道 Taylor 我很抱歉 – 她有精神躁郁症 |
[13:41] | Really? But you’re so young. | 真的吗? 但是你还很年轻 |
[13:44] | – Can I get you two anything else? – No, thank you, sweetheart. | – 你们两位还要点别的吗? – 不了 甜心 谢谢 |
[13:48] | I don’t know what’s wrong with me. This is a beautiful festival. | 我不知道自己是怎么了 这是一个美好的节日 |
[13:51] | People should be enjoying it. | 人们应该好好享受的 |
[13:52] | It’s a crazy festival based on a nutty myth about two lunatics… | 这是一个基于关于两个怪人的疯狂传说 而产生的疯狂节日… |
[13:56] | who in all probability did not even exist. | 这个传说也很可能根本不只真的 |
[13:58] | Even if they did, they probably dropped dead of diphtheria before age 24. | 就算是真的 他们也很有可能在24岁之前就死于白喉了 |
[14:03] | The town of Stars Hollow probably got its name… | Stars Hollow镇的名字很有可能是源自… |
[14:05] | from the local dance hall prostitute. Two rich drunk guys… | 当地舞厅的妓女 两个富有的醉鬼… |
[14:09] | who made up the story to make it look good on a poster. | 编造了这个故事让它在海报上显得好一点 |
[14:12] | You’re full of hate and loathing, and I love it. | 我就是喜欢你被憎恨与厌恶充斥的样子 |
[14:14] | It’s good to have someone to share this hate with. | 有人一同分享这种憎恨也很不错 |
[14:17] | My pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[14:18] | – More coffee? – Please. | – 再加点咖啡? – 好的 |
[14:19] | Tomorrow, if you have time… | 如果你明天有时间… |
[14:21] | I’m planning on despising everyone who says, ‘Hey, how’s it going?’ | 我准备鄙视每一个对我说”嘿 你过得怎样?” |
[14:25] | You’re on. | 可以开始了 |
[14:27] | – Hey, how’s it going? – No, that’s just too easy. | – 嘿 你过得怎样? – 不 这样实在太容易了 |
[14:32] | Rachel | Rachel. |
[14:34] | Your Rachel? | 你的Rachel? |
[14:37] | – You’re Rachel? – I’m Rachel. | – 你就是Rachel? – 我是Rachel |
[14:46] | What are you… | 你怎么… |
[14:48] | I mean, I thought you were in the Congo or Philadelphia or something. | 我的意思是 我以为你会在Congo 或是Philadelphia其他什么地方 |
[14:52] | Actually, though very similar to both the Congo and Philadelphia… | 事实上 尽管Congo和Philadelphia很相似… |
[14:55] | I was in the Mideast. | 我在中东 |
[14:57] | Guess that postcard must have gotten lost. | 我猜寄的明信片肯定是半途弄丢了 |
[15:00] | Yeah, things are pretty crazy over there. Not a lot of writing time. | 是的 那边的事情总是很疯狂 我也没什么时间写信 |
[15:03] | But I finished up my assignment, I flew back to Chicago… | 但是当我完成任务以后 我飞回芝加哥… |
[15:07] | and I was walking through O’Hare, and I look up… | 而当我在穿越俄亥俄的时候不经意间抬头… |
[15:09] | and there’s a plane leaving for Hartford in, like, 20 minutes. | 刚好有一架飞来Hartford停在那 就是 20分钟… |
[15:13] | – All of a sudden, I’m on it. – Nice story. | – 一切都是那么突然 我就搭上那班飞机了 – 很不错的故事 |
[15:16] | – I should have called. – No, you… It’s fine. | – 我应该提前打电话的 – 不 你… 没事的 |
[15:20] | – You look good. – Thanks. | – 你看起来不错 – 谢谢 |
[15:24] | You look… | 你看上去… |
[15:28] | – He thinks you look good, too. Right? – Right. | – 他认为你看上去也很好 是吧? – 是的 |
[15:32] | – And you do. – Thank you. | – 你的确是 – 谢谢 |
[15:34] | – I’m Lorelai. – Yeah, she’s Lorelai. | – 我是Lorelai – 是的 她是Lorelai |
[15:38] | I’m Luke’s friend. | 我是Luke的朋友 |
[15:39] | Yeah, she works at the Independence Inn. | 是的 她在独立旅馆工作 |
[15:42] | I run it, actually. | 事实上 我是主管 |
[15:44] | Sorry, she runs it. | 抱歉 她是主管 |
[15:47] | I love that place. That must be a pretty big job. | 我喜欢那地方 肯定有数不完的事情要处理吧 |
[15:51] | It is. It’s crazy. There’s always something happening. | 没错 很疯狂的 总是不断有状况发生 |
[15:53] | We put these coffeemakers in the rooms and only half of them work. | 我们放在房间里的咖啡机只有一半能用 |
[15:57] | They just shake and gurgle like they’re having a fit. | 那些机子一边摇晃一边咕嘟咕嘟的响 好象在发脾气一样 |
[16:00] | Why were you in the Mideast? | 你怎么跑到中东去了呢? |
[16:02] | I was doing a photo story… | 我正在做一个图片故事集… |
[16:04] | on how Palestinian and Israeli families have been affected by the violence. | 关于巴勒斯坦和以色列家庭 因战乱而遭受的影响 |
[16:08] | Well, so you understand about the job pressure. | 那么你一定很能体会工作的压力 |
[16:12] | I’m gonna go. | 我得走了 |
[16:13] | – Please don’t let me drive you away. – That’s okay, you’re not. | – 请不要弄得好象是我把你赶走的 – 没关系的 你并没有 |
[16:16] | I have to go sit in a closet or something. | 我想我不得不坐到衣橱或是别的什么地方去了 |
[16:19] | – So, it was really nice to meet you. – Yeah, you, too. | – 所以 很高兴能认识你 – 是的 你也是 |
[16:22] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 再见 |
[16:33] | ‘We got new coffeemakers. ‘ What was I thinking? | “我们有了新的咖啡机” 我到底在想什么? |
[16:36] | You spent a lot of time picking out those coffeemakers. | 你花了不少时间在挑选这些咖啡机上 |
[16:39] | Yeah, I’m Mrs. Coffee. | 是的 我是“咖啡夫人” |
[16:41] | – Okay, I’m still attached to the head. – Sorry, I’m a little worked up. | – 好了 你这样弄得我的头很痛 – 抱歉 我会小心一点的 |
[16:46] | – Mom, it’s just Luke’s ex-girlfriend. – I know. | – 妈妈 她只是Luke的前女友 – 我知道 |
[16:48] | I just hate that I made myself look so stupid in front of… | 我只是恨我自己在她面前表现得那么愚蠢… |
[16:52] | – Luke? – No, Rachel. | – Luke? – 不 Rachel |
[16:53] | She was standing there, fresh off a plane. | 她就站在那里 刚刚下的飞机 |
[16:55] | She had no plane hair at all, might I add. | 也许我还要加上 却完全没有”飞机发型” |
[16:57] | – What exactly is plane hair? – You know. It’s all big and all… | – 那种所谓的”飞机发型”到底是什么样子的? – 你知道的 就是那种全都蓬起来 全都… |
[17:01] | Got it. | 了解了 |
[17:02] | He’s looking at her like she’s Miss September. | 他看着她就好象看到了九月小姐 |
[17:04] | She’s looking at him like he’s Johnny Depp… | 而她看着他就好象看到Johnny Depp… |
[17:06] | and I was just babbling like a moron. What is wrong with me? | 而我就在那胡言乱语得像个低能儿 我到底是怎么了? |
[17:09] | Okay, you are now officially off hair duty. | 好了 关于我的发型打理工作 你现在已经被解职了 |
[17:12] | – I’m sorry. I just… – No, it’s okay. | – 我很抱歉 我只是… – 不 没关系的 |
[17:14] | It’s a little early for Dean to see me completely bald. | 我不能这么早就让Dean看到我全秃了 |
[17:17] | Right. That’s more a six-month thing. | 是的 那应该是6个月以后的事 |
[17:19] | – What’s going on with you? – I don’t know. | – 你到底是怎么了? – 我不知道 |
[17:21] | It’s just all this love in the air, you know. | 这只是因为这里四处弥漫的恋爱空气 你知道的 |
[17:25] | I miss Max. | 我很想念Max |
[17:27] | There’s been so much going on with your dad coming home… | 想念那些你爸爸回到家里发生的事情… |
[17:30] | and family stuff and your constant existence. | 那些家庭琐事 只有你是一直在我身边的 |
[17:32] | – Thanks for the love. – Any time. | – 谢谢你的关爱一直这么爱我 – 不客气 |
[17:34] | I haven’t had a lot of time to focus on it, and I miss Max. | 我没有太多的时间把精力放在这上面 但是我很想Max |
[17:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:38] | – I had a dream about him the other night. – Really? Dirty? | – 有一天我还梦到他了 – 真的吗? 限制级的? |
[17:42] | Absolutely not. When you’re 21, I’ll tell you the real answer. | 完全没那回事 等你21岁的时候我再告诉你真正的答案 |
[17:45] | Anyway, it’s put me in a funk since then. | 不过 那场面让我挺害怕的 |
[17:47] | – I’m sorry. – Me, too. | – 我很抱歉 – 我也是 |
[17:48] | We could talk about me for years, and believe me, we will. | 我的事情够我们说上好几年的 相信我 肯定可以的 |
[17:51] | But let’s focus on you, the lady of the evening. | 但是现在把重点放在你身上 夜之小姐 |
[17:54] | – No hooker reference intended. – Glad to hear it. | – 不要跟妓女们学 – 听到这个我很高兴 |
[17:56] | – What are you gonna wear with that? – You tell me. | – 你打算配哪件? – 你来选. |
[17:59] | – Where is he taking you? – Why? | – 他要带你去哪? – 为什么要问这个? |
[18:02] | You don’t want to clash with the decor. A lady plans ahead. | 你不想和场合格格不入吧 淑女都会提前计划好的 |
[18:05] | If you must know, he’s taking me to Andeloro’s. | 如果你必须要知道 他要带我去Andeloro |
[18:08] | – Isn’t that romantic. – I know. | – 真浪漫啊 – 我知道 |
[18:11] | It’s gonna be just like Lady and the Tramp. | 这样就像淑女和流浪汉一样 |
[18:13] | You’ll share spaghetti, but it’ll just be one long strand. | 你们会分吃意大利面条 但是事实上面条只有一根 不过 因为它很长… |
[18:16] | You won’t realize it until you meet in the middle. | 你们根本不会发现… 直到你们的嘴唇突然在面条的中部相碰 |
[18:19] | Then, he’ll push a meatball towards you with his nose… | 然后 他会用鼻子推给你一个肉丸子… |
[18:22] | and you’ll push it back with your nose. | 然后你用你的鼻子把它推回去 |
[18:23] | Then, you’ll bring the meatball home and save it for years. | 再然后 你们就会把那个丸子带回家 收藏好几年 |
[18:26] | – Mom? – Neither. Just wear your coat. | – 妈妈? – 都不行 穿上你的外套就好 |
[18:30] | But your flower’s just a little smushed. | 但是你的花好象有点皱了 |
[18:33] | Rory? | Rory? |
[18:34] | There you go. You’re all set. | 你该走了 都准备好了 |
[18:36] | Is anyone here? | 有人在吗? |
[18:37] | – You all right? – Yeah. You look beautiful. Go. | – 你还好吗? – 是的 你看起来真漂亮 走吧 |
[18:44] | Lane? | Lane? |
[18:46] | My God! | 我的天啊! |
[18:48] | – I just can’t believe it! – I know. | – 我真的不敢相信! – 我知道 |
[18:49] | Three months! That’s like one sixty-fourth of your life! | 3个月! 那就像你人生的1/64! |
[18:53] | I have to stop hanging out with you. You’re making my life seem too pathetic. | 我不能再和你一起出去了 你让我的人生显得令人同情 |
[18:56] | Join the club. | 好好玩 |
[18:58] | Are you going to the festival? We could meet you there later. | 你等下去看节日庆典吗? 晚点我们能在那见面 |
[19:01] | That would be romantic. | 那样真浪漫 |
[19:03] | I’m going to the festival, and would you like to know why? | 我会去看庆典的 你想知道为什么吗? |
[19:07] | – My mother has set me up again. – Another future doctor? | – 我妈妈又设计我了 – 另一个未来的博士? |
[19:09] | A future chiropractor. She’s losing confidence in my prospects. | 一个未来的脊柱按摩师 她已经对我的前途不抱希望了 |
[19:12] | – Maybe he’ll be nice. – It’s not just him. | – 也许他人会很好 – 来的不止他一个 |
[19:14] | We’re going with his parents, his grandparents… | 和我们一起去的有他的父母 他的祖父母… |
[19:16] | two sisters, three brothers, and at least one maiden aunt. | 2个姐妹 3个兄弟 至少还有一个未婚的阿姨 |
[19:20] | That’s Dean. | 是Dean |
[19:21] | Remember, you have to tell me everything. | 记着 要把一切都告诉我 |
[19:24] | Okay, you, too. | 好的 你也一样 |
[19:25] | Yeah, after the walking, the silence, the sitting, and the bye-bye… | 没错 等到我们散完步 无语 静坐 和再见之后… |
[19:28] | then the fun will begin. | 好玩的事情才会开始 |
[19:30] | I want to know, anyhow. | 不管怎样我都要知道 |
[19:31] | – Bye, Mom. – Bye, honey. Have fun. | – 再见 妈妈 – 再见 宝贝 玩得开心 |
[19:36] | Don’t forget the meatball. | 不要忘了肉丸子 |
[19:37] | – The meatball? – It’s a mother-daughter thing. | – 肉丸子? – 那是我们母女之间的小秘密 |
[19:43] | So, think I could hang out with you for a while? | 所以 你能和我出去走走吗? |
[19:46] | Not unless you want to go to Hartford. Besides, didn’t anyone ever tell you… | 只要你不是想徒步走到Hartford. 还有 难道没有人告诉过你… |
[19:49] | it’s not polite to keep 15 prospective Korean in-laws waiting. | 让15个有可能以后成为亲家的人 久等很不礼貌吗? |
[19:53] | You could run over me. Maybe my mother wouldn’t make me go if I was in hospital. | 你可以开车碾过我 这样我妈妈就不会要躺在医院的我出去见面了 |
[19:57] | – I wouldn’t count on it. – You’re right. | – 我可不指望这个 – 你说得对 |
[20:19] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[20:20] | – How did you do that? – What? | – 你怎么做到的? – 什么? |
[20:22] | Answer the door before I even rang the bell? | 在我按门铃之前就把门打开了? |
[20:24] | I thought I heard something. I came to the door. You were there. | 我想我听到了点声音 我过来开门 发现你在 |
[20:27] | Come in, please. | 请进 |
[20:32] | – You thought you heard something? – Yes. | – 你觉得你听到了什么声音? – 是的 |
[20:34] | – Mom, that door is, like, 10 feet thick. – So? | – 妈妈 那扇门大概有10英寸厚 – 那又怎样? |
[20:37] | It wasn’t like I was standing out there with a band of jackals. | 我不是和一群胡狼站在门外 |
[20:40] | I was just drinking coffee. | 我只是在喝咖啡 |
[20:41] | Lorelai, what is it that you want to hear? | Lorelai 你是不是想听到这样的说法? |
[20:43] | That I was standing by the window, staring out at the driveway… | 比如我站在窗边 紧紧地盯着车道… |
[20:47] | waiting to pounce the moment you arrived? | 等待你到来时令人雀跃的一刹那? |
[20:48] | Yes, because believe it or not, that would be less creepy. | 是的 不管你相不相信 那样比较没那么令人毛骨悚然 |
[20:52] | Get yourself a drink, please. | 自己找点喝的 |
[20:56] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 爸爸 |
[20:57] | – Lorelai. – Sorry I’m late. | – Lorelai. – 很抱歉我迟到了 |
[20:59] | I was helping Rory get ready for her big date… | 我在帮Rory准备她的大日子… |
[21:01] | and, well, you know girls. | 而且 好吧 你知道女孩子的 |
[21:07] | – How’s work? – Work is fine. | – 工作的事情怎么样? – 很好 |
[21:09] | Yeah? Good. | 真的? 很好 |
[21:13] | My work’s fine, too. | 我的工作也很顺利 |
[21:15] | Oh, God. | 哦 天啊 |
[21:17] | Mom has gone a little crazy with the figurines here. | 妈妈对这些小雕像有点太疯狂了 |
[21:20] | A little Kathy Bates? | 一个小Kathy Bates? |
[21:21] | You probably haven’t seen Misery, which is a good thing. | 你肯定没看过Misery 那真是很妙 |
[21:24] | ‘Cause Rory couldn’t sleep alone for a week after we watched it. | 因为Rory看过之后一周不敢一个人睡 |
[21:27] | That wouldn’t be a problem for you. You don’t sleep alone. | 那对你来说应该不成问题 你又不一个人睡 |
[21:30] | I’m guessing. I don’t know what your and Mom’s sleeping arrangement is. | 我只是猜测 我不知道你和妈妈是不是睡在一起 |
[21:34] | Now I’m wishing I hadn’t brought it up… | 现在我想我还是不应该说这个的… |
[21:36] | because it’s a don’t-want-to-go-there subject for me. | 因为这实在是我不愿意去深入讨论的一个话题 |
[21:39] | Not for you, because you should definitely go there if you… | 但对你来说不是 因为很明显你应该是愿意深入讨论的… |
[21:42] | Well, anyway… | 呃 不管怎样… |
[21:44] | What have you done now? | 你做了什么? |
[21:45] | I’m putting the bunny back with his little friends… | 我正准备把这只小兔子放回它的同伴之中去… |
[21:48] | and I just sort of massacred them a little bit. | 差一点我就把它们全都屠杀了 |
[21:50] | – But, that’s life in the jungle, isn’t it? – Just sit down, please. | – 不过 丛林中的生活本来就是弱肉强食 不是吗? – 拜托你坐下就好 |
[21:54] | Okay. Sorry. | 好的 对不起 |
[21:55] | – Just sit with your hands in your lap. – Sorry. | – 把你的手乖乖放到腿上 – 对不起 |
[21:58] | And I’m trying to read. | 我正在看报纸 |
[22:00] | So please, just be quiet, and try not to break anything else. | 所以请你 保持安静 并且尽量不要在打坏其他东西了 |
[22:03] | We having a nice chat? | 你们谈得愉快吗? |
[22:05] | We’re having a great conversation, me and Morrie. | 我和Morrie聊得很愉快 |
[22:08] | – Excuse me? – Nothing. | – 对不起 请再说一遍? – 没什么 |
[22:09] | Thanks for letting Rory out of dinner. She really appreciated it. | 谢谢你不要求Rory一定要过来吃晚饭 她真的很感激你 |
[22:13] | She deserves to celebrate. | 她应该去庆祝一下的 |
[22:15] | A three-month anniversary is a landmark feat at her age. | 交往3个月纪念日 在她这个年纪就像里程碑一样重要 |
[22:18] | Or at any age, for some people. | 对有些人来说 这也是一生的重要时刻 |
[22:21] | I was gonna get a drink. I’m gonna get right on that. | 我有点想喝东西了 我现在就去 |
[22:27] | I’ll get that. | 我去开门 |
[22:30] | – Can I freshen up your drink, Dad? – No, thank you. | – 你还要再添一杯吗 爸爸? – 不了 谢谢 |
[22:32] | One drink before dinner is quite enough. | 饭前喝一杯已经够了 |
[22:34] | Right. Sorry. | 好吧,对不起 |
[22:36] | – I had no idea it was so close. – Absolutely. Right around the corner. | – 我没想到原来是那么近的 – 没错 就是在大街转角那边 |
[22:39] | What a small world. | 世界可真小 |
[22:41] | Lorelai, I’d like you to meet Chase Bradford. | Lorelai 来认识一下Chase Bradford |
[22:44] | He was telling me that he grew up right around the corner from here. | 他刚刚告诉我他其实就是在街转角那边长大的 |
[22:48] | – Really? – Stone house on the corner. | – 真的吗? – 就在转角那边的石头房子 |
[22:50] | – The one with the Dobermans. – That’s right. Leopold and Loeb. | – Dobermans一家? – 没错 是Leopold和Loeb |
[22:53] | I’m afraid they passed on a few years ago. | 我想他们几年前就去世了 |
[22:55] | Postmen finally got organized? | 邮差终于搞清楚了? |
[22:59] | Chase, this is my husband, Richard. | Chase 这是我丈夫Richard |
[23:02] | – How do you do? – Fine, Richard. Just fine. | – 你好吗? – 很好 Richard 很不错 |
[23:05] | Please, sit down. | 请坐吧 |
[23:07] | I didn’t know we were having company for dinner. | 我之前不知道我们有客人会过来一起吃饭 |
[23:10] | It was just a spur-of-the-moment thing. | 我也只是一时心血来潮 |
[23:13] | Chase’s mother and I are in the DAR together… | Chase的母亲曾和我一起在DAR呆过… |
[23:15] | and he’s moved back to Hartford. It seemed like a nice idea. | 而且现在他搬回Hartford来了 挺好的决定 |
[23:18] | Yes, very nice. | 是的 非常好 |
[23:20] | Can I get you a drink? | 来点喝的吗? |
[23:22] | A Scotch, neat. | 一杯纯的苏格兰威士忌 |
[23:23] | – Glenfiddich? – Fine. | – Glenfiddich?(威士忌品牌) – 好的 |
[23:25] | Your mother’s told me all about you. | 你妈妈总是和我谈起你 |
[23:27] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的吗? – 是的 |
[23:29] | I’m just sorry your daughter couldn’t join us for dinner. I adore children. | 我很遗憾你女儿不能过来和我们一起吃饭 我很喜欢小孩的 |
[23:34] | Mom, could I talk to you for a minute? | 妈妈 我能和你谈会儿吗? |
[23:36] | – We have company. – It’ll just take a second, really. | – 我们有客人在 – 一下下就好 真的 |
[23:38] | – But… – Come on, it’ll be fun. | – 但是… – 来吧 会很有趣的 |
[23:40] | Excuse us. We’re gonna have a spur-of-the-moment conversation. | 对不起我们失陪一下 我们只是有个心血来潮的小对话 |
[23:46] | You’re pushing me. | 你在推我 |
[23:47] | – Is this a setup? – What? | – 你设计我? – 什么? |
[23:49] | Connecticut Ken in there. Is he my invited escort for the evening? | 康涅狄格洲 Ken在那 他是我今晚的护花使者吗? |
[23:52] | – His mother is a friend of mine. – And? | – 他母亲是我的朋友 – 然后? |
[23:54] | He just moved back here. He doesn’t know anyone. | 他刚刚搬过来 谁都不认识 |
[23:56] | And? | 然后? |
[23:58] | And I thought he might enjoy meeting you. | 我想他见到你会很高兴 |
[24:00] | Put that finger down. | 把那手指放下来 |
[24:02] | This is why the Miss Congeniality act when Rory wanted to beg out of dinner. | 这就是为什么康涅狄格洲小姐 那么容易就放Rory不来吃晚饭的原因 |
[24:05] | It seemed like a good opportunity. | 这是个不错的机会 |
[24:07] | Mom, thank you for the thought, but I can get my own men. | 妈妈 谢谢你那么为我着想 但是我能自己找到男朋友 |
[24:11] | – Really? – Yes, really. | – 真的吗? – 是真的 |
[24:13] | – I must disagree. – You must? | – 我不能同意 – 你不能? |
[24:15] | Chase is a quality man. He has good breeding. | Chase是个很棒的小伙子 他很有教养 |
[24:18] | He comes from a nice family. He makes a nice living. | 他家境也很不错 他的生活优渥 |
[24:20] | – He’s attractive. – Mom, no. | – 他还很迷人 – 妈妈 不要这样 |
[24:23] | Is it gonna kill you to keep an open mind about him? | 让你考虑考虑他会要你的命吗? |
[24:25] | – He is not my type. – Why not? Because I like him? | – 他不是我喜欢的类型 – 为什么不是 就因为我喜欢他? |
[24:28] | I don’t know which one, but there is a game show out there… | 我不知道具体怎么说 不过外面的节目… |
[24:31] | with your name on it. | 是你主持的 |
[24:32] | That must be it. You’ve hardly said two words to him. | 那当然 你和他根本没说到两句话 |
[24:35] | You couldn’t hate him already. | 你不可能这么快就讨厌他了 |
[24:36] | It’s the game where the mole keeps sticking his head out. | 在玩”打鼹鼠”游戏的时 每当鼹鼠把头探出洞的时候… |
[24:39] | You have to pound him with the mallet. You would be a master at that. | 你就要用小锤子敲它的脑袋 你玩那个肯定会是大师级的人物 |
[24:43] | Chase may not be as controversial as your usual brand of men. | Chase也许不是你通常认为的那种好男人 |
[24:47] | They’d erect your statue of you next to it with perfect hair… | 他们会在你旁边放一个有着一丝不苟发型的雕像 |
[24:50] | pearls and a bronze mallet. | 戴着珍珠项链 拿着小铜槌子 |
[24:51] | I want you to think about something. | 我希望你想想… |
[24:53] | Tonight, your daughter is celebrating her three-month anniversary. | 今晚 你的女儿在庆祝她的3个月纪念 |
[24:56] | What was the last relationship you had that lasted that long? | 你上一段关系维持那么久的关系 是多久以前的事了? |
[25:00] | I thought so. | 我就知道 |
[25:09] | Here we are and very sorry. | 我们回来了 很抱歉耽搁这么久 |
[25:11] | I had a chance to tell Richard what I do in the actuarial business. | 没关系 我刚刚还在和Richard聊起我的保险生意 |
[25:15] | Yes. It’s fascinating. | 是的 很不错 |
[25:16] | Lorelai, may I fix you something to drink? | Lorelai 你需要喝点什么吗? |
[25:19] | – Gin. – And? | – 琴酒 – 要加什么吗? |
[25:20] | Gin. | 纯的就好 |
[25:22] | Make that two. | 麻烦倒两杯吧 |
[25:25] | What about the one-drink-before-dinner rule? | 你的”餐前仅一杯”的原则到哪去了? |
[25:27] | We have guests. We’re celebrating. | 我们有客人 我们在庆祝 |
[25:30] | Chase, here. Let me help you with that. | Chase 我来帮帮你吧 |
[25:39] | That was really good. | 这真是太棒了 |
[25:41] | – It was? – Yes, it was. | – 是吗? – 是的 没错 |
[25:42] | – How was the salad? – Great. | – 色拉如何? – 棒极了 |
[25:44] | What about that cheese bread thing? Too heavy? | 那奶酪面包什么的怎么样? 味道太重了吗? |
[25:46] | – Just heavy enough. – Really? | – 刚刚好 – 真的? |
[25:48] | Everything was perfect. Even the soda was good. | 每样都很好 连汽水都很好喝 |
[25:51] | I don’t know how they do it… | 我不知道他们是怎么办到的… |
[25:52] | but the Coke here is superior to the Coke anywhere else. | 但是这里连可乐都比其他任何地方的 要来的棒多了… |
[25:55] | Okay. At what point during that did you start making fun of me? | 好了 你又要拿我什么地方来开玩笑了? |
[25:58] | I would never make fun of you. | 我绝对不会拿你开玩笑 |
[26:00] | Not after you ordered three kinds of pasta because I couldn’t decide. | 尤其不会在你你因为我无法决定 而干脆点了3种不同的通心粉之后 |
[26:03] | You shouldn’t have to decide. | 你没必要做决定 |
[26:05] | Tonight you should have everything you want. | 今晚你应该得到全部你想要的 |
[26:07] | I just have to say that I am now a big fan of the three-month anniversary. | 我不得不说现在 我已经成为这个”3个月纪念”的迷了 |
[26:11] | – Yeah? – Definitely. | – 真的? – 当然 |
[26:12] | They should have T-shirts and newsletters. | 甚至应该为这个纪念日 做会员T恤和发布即时通讯了 |
[26:14] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴你喜欢 |
[26:16] | You did all this for me? | 这一切都是为我做的? |
[26:17] | It’s not over yet. | 还没完呢 |
[26:20] | This is just like that Christmas that I got a full set of illustrated encyclopedias. | 这简直就像有一个圣诞节 我得到了一整套插图版的百科全书一样 |
[26:25] | I wanted them. | 那是我非常想要的 |
[26:27] | Good. | 好的 |
[26:28] | One tiramisu, two forks… | 一份提拉米苏 2个叉子… |
[26:32] | – and one meatball to go. – Thank you. | – 还有一份肉丸子 – 谢谢 |
[26:37] | – You want to explain the meatball? – It’s a mother-daughter thing. | – 你想解释一下那个肉丸子吗? – 那是我和妈妈的小秘密 |
[26:43] | – Ladies first. – Thank you. | – 女士先请吧 – 谢谢你 |
[26:52] | Okay. Have I mentioned… | 好的 我有提到过… |
[26:54] | how much I’m loving the three-month anniversary thing? | 我有多喜欢这个3个月纪念日的安排吗? |
[26:56] | – Yeah, you did. – Because this tiramisu is so good… | – 是的 你说过 – 因为这提拉米苏实在太棒了… |
[27:00] | that if the anniversary were completely sucking right now, this would save it. | 以至于如果这个纪念安排搞砸了的话 单靠这份甜点也能挽回局面 |
[27:06] | – What? – Nothing. | – 什么? – 没什么 |
[27:08] | – Stop it. – No, you look cute. | – 别这样 – 不 你看起来很可爱 |
[27:10] | – I’m eating. – You eat cute. | – 我在吃东西 – 你吃得很可爱 |
[27:12] | I do not eat cute. No one eats cute. | 我吃东西的时候不可爱 没人能在吃东西的时候显的可爱 |
[27:14] | Bambi, maybe, but he’s a cartoon. | 也许小鹿班比可以 但它只是卡通而已 |
[27:18] | After we finish here, we move on to phase two of the anniversary evening. | 等我们在这边吃完以后 我们要继续进行 3个月纪念仪式的第二步骤 |
[27:22] | Phase two. Sounds very official. Are there spacesuits involved? | 第二步骤 听起来很官方啊 需要准备航天服吗? |
[27:26] | – With matching helmets. – Impressive. | – 还要带头盔 – 很有意思 |
[27:35] | – Are you a member of the DAR? – No, I’m not. | – 你是DAR的成员吗? – 我不是 |
[27:39] | D- A-R-N | D- A-R-N. |
[27:44] | It’s, like, darn, ’cause it’s a play on DAR. | 那个有点像”诅咒”是DAR的一出剧 |
[27:49] | Boy, these carrots sure are tiny. | 哦 这胡萝卜切得太小了 |
[27:51] | Chase, I’m simply fascinated about your work situation. | Chase 我对你的工作环境感到很好奇 |
[27:54] | Tell us how you wound up back here at home. | 告诉我们你是怎样决定回到这里的 |
[27:57] | You move away to make your fortune, you end up right back here. | 你为了更好的前程离开了这里 但是 你最后还是回来了 |
[28:00] | – Isn’t life funny? – Hilarious. | – 人生不是很有意思吗? – 很有趣 |
[28:02] | It’s a comedy for the masses. | 这就是普通人的喜剧 |
[28:04] | I worked hard and the company was very good to me. | 我很努力地工作 公司待我也不薄 |
[28:06] | You know a thing or two about company loyalty, I assume, Richard. | 我猜你对公司也很忠诚 Richard |
[28:10] | The company offered me a choice of East Coast locations. | 公司提供给我一个在东海岸定居的机会 |
[28:13] | Sort of a big vote of confidence in the job I was doing. | 有点像对我正在做的工作来个信心大表决 |
[28:16] | Picking your locale. It’s a very coveted position to be in. | 选择你的负责范围 很不错的地位 |
[28:19] | I would like to be picking my locale right now. | 是啊 我现在真的就想选择我的负责范围了 |
[28:22] | So I sat down and made my wish list. | 所以我坐下来开始列我理想地点的清单 |
[28:24] | I looked for places that offered location amenities as well as job growth. | 我开始寻找那些能提供很好的生活福利 设施和不断扩大的工作市场的地方 |
[28:27] | Finally, after days of research… | 经过几天的搜索… |
[28:30] | checking into traffic conditions, crime rates… | 考虑到交通状况和犯罪率… |
[28:33] | the best school systems, my decision came down to two places. | 和最好的学校体系 最终我的选择范围缩小到了2个城市 |
[28:37] | One was in New York and one was in Hartford. | 一个是New York 另一个就是Hartford |
[28:39] | – And you chose Hartford. – I did at that. | – 你最终选了Hartford – 是的 |
[28:43] | – Is there any more roast? – Hartford has all the… | – 还有烤鸡吗? – Hartford有着纽约有的所有… |
[28:45] | cosmopolitan, big-city benefits New York has… | 国际化大城市的优势… |
[28:47] | without actually having to live in New York. | 那样就没必要非得住到New York去 |
[28:50] | It just seemed like a no-brainer. | 听起来好象有点没头脑 |
[28:51] | – I’ll get Dad some more roast. – Lee will bring it. | – 我去帮爸爸拿点烤鸡 – Lee会帮我们拿过来的 |
[28:54] | But it’s so much more personal this way. | 但是这样比较体贴 |
[28:57] | Hurry back. | 快去快回 |
[28:58] | I just have to know what the allure of this Stars Hollow is… | 我还想知道关于这Stars Hollow的来龙去脉… |
[29:01] | I’ve heard so much about. | 我已经听太多了 |
[29:03] | Just miles and miles. | 就是很久很久以前的事了 |
[29:09] | – What book did you bring? – What? | – 你这次带什么书了? – 什么? |
[29:11] | You always bring a book, and I was just wondering… | 你总是会带本书来约会 我正在想… |
[29:14] | what’s the three-month anniversary book? | 这回的交往纪念日用的书会是什么样子? |
[29:16] | I brought The New Yorker. | 我带了《纽约客》 |
[29:18] | – A magazine. Really? – It’s the fiction issue. | – 一本杂志,真的吗? – 更像是小说集 |
[29:23] | People of Stars Hollow, and our many friends. | Stars Hollow的人们和我们的各位朋友… |
[29:27] | It gives me great pleasure to preside over… | 我非常荣幸而自豪地第32次出席… |
[29:32] | our annual Founders Firelight Festival… | 我们建县纪念的… |
[29:35] | for the 32nd time. | 火光节日 |
[29:40] | Many a true love has had its start… | 许多刻骨铭心的爱情 正是… |
[29:43] | right on the spot where I stand. | 从我站立的这个地方开始的… |
[29:46] | And I don’t mind telling you… | 在我也不介意告诉大家 |
[29:49] | that at this very festival, right by this gazebo… | 就是在这样的一个日子 就是在这个凉亭旁边 |
[29:53] | is where I met my own true love… | 我遇见了属于我的真爱 |
[29:56] | Miss Dora Braithwaite. | Dora Braithwaite小姐 |
[29:59] | We have been married for 43 years… | 我们结婚已经43年了… |
[30:02] | and it all started right here. | 这一切正是从这里开始的 |
[30:06] | – Ask her to wave. – I can’t. | – 叫她挥挥手 – 我不能 |
[30:09] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[30:10] | She went to bingo in Bridgeport. | 她到Bridgeport玩幸运对奖游戏去了 |
[30:14] | And now, my friends… | 现在 我的朋友们 |
[30:16] | if you will join me in lighting the fire. | 我们一起来点燃这火光吧 |
[30:19] | Okay, take me to the surprise now. | 好了 让我看看你说的“惊喜” |
[30:22] | – But you said you want to see the bonfire. – I do. | – 但是你说你要看篝火的 – 我是要看的 |
[30:25] | – Mayor Porter said… – Trust me, it’ll take a while before it’s lit. | – Mayor Porter说… – 相信我 要过好一会儿才会点火的 |
[30:28] | We’ll have plenty of time before they’re ready. | 在他们准备好之前我们有足够的时间 |
[30:31] | No, I don’t have them. | 我没有火柴! |
[30:33] | – Every damn year! – It was Lenny’s responsibility! | – 每年都是这个鬼样! – 这是Lenny的责任! |
[30:37] | Oh, for Pete’s sake! Does anyone have any matches? | 哦 看在Pete的份上! 有谁有火柴吗? |
[30:40] | Oh, my God! | 哦 天啊! |
[30:42] | It’s really fascinating stuff. | 这真是很妙的事情 |
[30:43] | It sounds it. Tell us more. | 听起来就像 再告诉我们点 |
[30:46] | We’re building new statistical models that let us do a better job… | 我们正在建立新的统计模型来预测死亡风险… |
[30:49] | of predicting death than we’ve ever been able to do. | 这能帮助我们比以往任何时候都能做得更好 |
[30:52] | You might find this interesting. | 你们可能会觉得很有趣 |
[30:53] | I’ve never been one for sitting at a computer building models. | 我自己从来没有坐在电脑前建过模 |
[30:56] | I’m a client-contact man myself. | 我本身是一个客户联络员 |
[30:58] | But these models give you a better product to sell to those clients. | 但是这些模型能让你给客户更好的产品 |
[31:01] | – That does sound interesting. – It is. | – 这的确很有趣 – 是的 |
[31:04] | If you answer a few simple questions… | 如果你能回答一些简单的问题… |
[31:06] | I could practically pinpoint the day you’re going to die. | 我甚至能告诉你你具体哪一天会死 |
[31:09] | Goodness. | 我的上帝 |
[31:10] | Go ahead. Ask her the questions. | 请继续吧 问她那些简单的问题 |
[31:13] | I think I’ll pass. | 我想不用了 |
[31:15] | No, Lorelai… | 不 Lorelai… |
[31:16] | I’d have to feed the information into a computer to get the answer. | 我必须把这些回答输入电脑才能知道答案 |
[31:20] | I’m no Kreskin. | 我可不是Kreskin |
[31:27] | Why don’t you and Lorelai retire to the living room for some brandy… | Chase 要不你和Lorelai到客厅里 休息一下喝点白兰地… |
[31:31] | while I help Lee to clean up? | 这样我也能帮着Lee收拾一下? |
[31:33] | While you do what? | 你能什么? |
[31:34] | That sounds lovely. Shall we? | 听起来不错 可以吗? |
[31:38] | Sure. I’m just going… | 当然 不过我想… |
[31:41] | to go and powder my something. | 先去补补妆 |
[31:43] | I’ll be back soon. I’ll meet you in the living room. | 我马上回来 客厅见 |
[31:45] | – I’ll be waiting. – Super. | – 我等你 – 很好 |
[32:11] | Lorelai, your mother wants to know if… | Lorelai, 你妈妈想知道如果你… |
[32:15] | Hi, Daddy. | 嗨, Daddy. |
[32:17] | I know this is bad. | 我知道这样做不太好 |
[32:20] | I know this brings back all the horrible aspects of my childhood life for you. | 我也知道这样做会让你 想起我小时侯的斑斑劣行 |
[32:24] | I’m really sorry that we fought last week. | 上星期我们打架的事情让我感到很内疚 |
[32:26] | I’m sorry you’re disappointed in me. | 我也很抱歉让你对我失望了 |
[32:28] | I wish there was some way I could fix that. | 我很想做点什么来弥补 |
[32:30] | But there isn’t, and I accept that because I am an adult now… | 但不要是那样 我之所以能忍到现在是因为 我已经是个成年人了… |
[32:33] | and I am proud of who I have become. | 我也因为自己是这样的人而自豪… |
[32:36] | But I am begging you, please do not make me go back down there… | 但是我求求你 千万不要再让我回到那个房间… |
[32:39] | because that guy is boring. | 那家伙实在太无趣了 |
[32:44] | Emily, she’s not up here! | Emily 她不在这里! |
[32:47] | Thank you, Daddy. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[33:02] | – We’re here. – We’re where? | – 我们到了 – 到哪了? |
[33:03] | – Come on. – What is this? | – 过来 – 这是什么? |
[33:05] | – Okay, did you ever see Christine? – Yes. | – 好的 你以前见过Christine吗? – 是的 |
[33:08] | It’s nothing like that. Come on. | 这跟那个可不一样 过来 |
[33:15] | – You brought me to Beirut? – It’s a salvage yard. | – 你把我带到Beirut? – 这是废弃的车库 |
[33:19] | And yet it looks so much like Beirut. | 但是目前看来很像Beirut |
[33:23] | Okay, here we are. | 好了 我们到了 |
[33:26] | – It’s a car. – It is? | – 这是一辆车 – 是一辆车? |
[33:28] | – It will be. – When it grows up? | – 它会是一辆车 – 那它什么时候才能长大? |
[33:30] | – When I fix it. – What? | – 等我修好它的时候 – 什么? |
[33:33] | – It’s yours. – What do you mean it’s mine? | – 它是你的 – 你说它是我的是什么意思? |
[33:36] | I’m building it piece by piece for you. | 我一个零件一个零件的制造它就是为了给你的 |
[33:39] | – No. – Yeah. I started with the frame. | – 不会吧 – 是的 我从框架开始做的 |
[33:42] | The seats and the windshield went in yesterday. | 这些座椅和挡风玻璃是昨天才装好的 |
[33:44] | – You’re building me a car? – It’s gonna take a while. | – 你在为我造辆车? – 虽然要花不少时间… |
[33:47] | But when I’m done, it’ll be great. | 但是当我完成的时候 它会非常棒 |
[33:48] | – You’re building me a car? – That’s right. | – 你在为我造辆车? – 你说的没错 |
[33:53] | I’m building you a car. | 我为了你而造的这辆车 |
[33:55] | This is crazy. Why would you do this? | 这太疯狂了 你怎么想到要做这个 |
[33:58] | I don’t know. You didn’t have one. | 我不知道 你自己没有车 |
[34:00] | You’re completely insane. | 你完全是疯了 |
[34:03] | I didn’t want you wasting time on the bus anymore. | 我不想你再在公车上浪费时间了 |
[34:05] | That is valuable time we could be arguing about your ongoing obsession… | 那些宝贵的 时间应该被我们用来争论你那些 时刻冒出来的妄想… |
[34:09] | with very confusing Russian authors. | 和把人都弄糊涂的俄罗斯作者上 |
[34:10] | I can’t believe this. | 我真不敢相信 |
[34:14] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗? |
[34:15] | Do I like it? Are you kidding? | 我喜欢吗? 你在开玩笑? |
[34:24] | – I’ll take that as a yes. – Take it, mister. | – 那我就当你是喜欢的 – 就是了 先生 |
[34:27] | Come on, get in. | 来吧 上来 |
[34:31] | – I’ll fix that. – Don’t. I like it like that. | – 我会修好的 – 不用了 我喜欢它这个样子 |
[34:45] | – This is amazing. – I’m glad you like it. | – 这太美妙了 – 我很高兴你喜欢 |
[34:48] | I had no idea that three months was the car anniversary. | 我没想到3个月纪念礼物居然是辆车 |
[34:51] | Four months, you get a plane. | 4个月的时候 你就有飞机了 |
[34:53] | Boy, relationships sure have changed since I was a kid. | 嘿,当我还小的时候肯定这世道就变了 |
[35:01] | I’m having one of those moments right now. | 现在我又能感受到原来那些时刻… |
[35:03] | What moments? | 哪些时刻? |
[35:06] | One of those moments when everything is so perfect and so wonderful… | 那些当一切都是那么美好的 |
[35:10] | that you almost feel sad because nothing can ever be this good again. | 以至于你因为感觉不会有比现在更好的时候 而难过的时刻 |
[35:16] | Basically, I’m depressing you? | 所以 总的来说我让你沮丧了? |
[35:19] | Yup. | 嗯 |
[35:21] | – You’re very weird. – And you’re wonderful. | – 你可真奇怪 – 你真是太棒了 |
[35:40] | – Rory. – Yeah? | – Rory. – 什么事? |
[35:44] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[35:53] | Did you hear me? | 你听到了吗? |
[35:57] | Say something. | 说点什么 |
[36:04] | I love the car. | 我爱这车 |
[36:07] | – And that’s it? – No, I just… | – 就没了? – 不 我只是… |
[36:11] | I’m surprised. I didn’t expect… | 我被吓到了 我没想到… |
[36:13] | You don’t love me? | 你不爱我吗? |
[36:15] | No, I just have to think about it for a minute. | 不 我只是需要想一下 |
[36:17] | Think about what? | 想什么? |
[36:19] | Saying ‘I love you’ is a really difficult thing. | 说”我爱你”是件很困难的事 |
[36:22] | – I just did it. – And you did it really well. | – 我刚刚就做了 – 而且你做了很好 |
[36:25] | What the hell does that mean? | 这到底是什么意思? |
[36:27] | I’m sorry. Please. | 我很抱歉 好吗 |
[36:29] | This totally came as a surprise. | 这样的惊喜实在太大了 |
[36:32] | With the dinner and the car and then the… | 这晚餐 这车和这… |
[36:35] | – I need a minute to think about it. – This is not something you think about. | – 我需要一点时间好好想想 – 没有什么好想的 |
[36:38] | This is something that you either feel or you don’t. | 这只是你感觉的问题 爱我或不爱? |
[36:41] | Please don’t be mad. | 请别生气 |
[36:42] | Why? Because I say, ‘I love you,’ and you want to think about it? | 为什么? 因为我说了”我爱你”而你却还要想一想? |
[36:46] | Go home and discuss it with your mother, make one of your pro-con lists? | 想回家和你妈妈去讨论一下 列一张正反方意见表? |
[36:50] | Not fair. | 这不公平 |
[36:53] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[36:55] | I’m an idiot. I don’t even know what I was thinking. | 我是个白痴 我甚至都不知道我自己在想什么 |
[37:00] | Please. It’s just not that easy for me. | 请别这样 只是这对我来说不容易 |
[37:03] | Saying ‘I love you’ means a lot. | 说出”我爱你”意味着很多 |
[37:07] | Think about it from my point of view. My mom and our life. | 站在我的立场上想想 我妈妈和我们的生活 |
[37:12] | My mom said that she loved my dad… | 我妈妈说过她爱我爸爸… |
[37:14] | You don’t get pregnant saying ‘I love you. ‘ | 说”我爱你”又不会怀孕 |
[37:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:18] | I’m just confused. I need to… | 我只是有点困惑 我需要… |
[37:22] | It’s a really big deal. | 这是件大事 |
[37:25] | – Fine, come on. – Dean, please don’t be mad. | – 很好 够了 – Dean 别生气 |
[37:29] | I’ll take you home. | 我送你回家 |
[37:30] | Tonight was amazing. It was perfect. | 今晚很美妙 这一切都很完美 |
[37:34] | – Please, I swear, I just need a minute… – Whatever. | – 拜托了 我发誓 我只是需要再等等… – 随便了 |
[37:37] | It doesn’t matter, all right? Let’s go. | 没关系的 我们回家吧 |
[38:17] | – Sookie. – Yes, Jackson? | – Sookie – 什么事 Jackson? |
[38:20] | You know what I’m thinking right now? | 你知道我在想什么吗? |
[38:22] | That time I roasted some red peppers over the stove burner… | 在想我在炉子上烤红椒的时候… |
[38:25] | and singed off my eyebrows? | 烧到了眉毛? |
[38:26] | – No. – Good. | – 不是 – 很好 |
[38:29] | I’m just thinking, this is really nice. | 我只是在想 这样真好 |
[38:32] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[38:52] | – You getting some good stuff? – Yeah. | – 你找到些好素材了? – 是的 |
[38:54] | The firelight really changes people. | 这些火光真的能改变人 |
[38:57] | Makes them seem happier, freer, all the troubles completely gone. | 让人们更高兴 更自由 好象一切烦恼都烟消云散了 |
[39:00] | I don’t think that’s the firelight. I think it’s the Founders’ Day party punch. | 我不认为是那些火光让人们改变的 应该是建立日派对才对 |
[39:04] | Yeah, that stuff is good. | 是的 这些素材很好 |
[39:08] | At some point, are you gonna tell me what you’re doing here? | 好了 是时候你该告诉我为什么你会在这了吧? |
[39:11] | I’m putting more film in my camera. | 照更多的照片 |
[39:12] | What? | 什么? |
[39:15] | I told you, I was at the airport, and now I’m here. | 我告诉过你 我本来在机场的 而我现在到了这里 |
[39:17] | Sure, when you put it like that. | 当然 你是这么说的 |
[39:20] | Correct me if I’m wrong, but you don’t sound happy to see me. | 如果我说错了请纠正我 你看起并不高兴见到我 |
[39:23] | Correct me if I’m wrong, but you have a tendency to show up and leave suddenly. | 如果我说错了请纠正我 你的确有突然出现又 突然离开的趋势 |
[39:28] | Not one of your more charming attributes. | 这不再是你吸引人的地方之一了 |
[39:30] | So you’re not happy to see me? | 所以你并不高兴见到我? |
[39:35] | I don’t know what I’m doing here, okay? I just missed you. | 我不知道我在这里做什么 好吗? 我只是很想你 |
[39:39] | I wanted to see you. | 我想见你 |
[39:42] | I don’t know what else to say. | 我不知道我还能说些什么 |
[39:45] | I missed you, too. | 我也想你 |
[39:50] | Since we’re both being blunt… | 既然我们都那么坦率… |
[39:53] | what’s the deal with Lorelai? | 那Lorelai怎么办? |
[39:54] | – What are you talking about? – Lorelai… | – 你在说什么? – Lorelai… |
[39:56] | the lady who runs the inn, and you’ve told me nothing about. | 开旅店的那位女士吗 你从没和我说起过 |
[40:00] | Been very careful to leave out of any story, anecdote, or gossip about the town. | 因为我必须很小心的不让这成为镇上 乱嚼舌根八卦的事情 |
[40:04] | – There is no deal with her. We’re friends. – For now. | – 这和Lorelai没什么关系 我们只是朋友 – 迄今为止 |
[40:07] | – Yes. – And in the future? | – 是的 – 那么将来呢? |
[40:11] | She’s just… | 她只是… |
[40:14] | At times, it seems like… | 有时候 会感觉有点… |
[40:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:21] | But I am happy to see you. | 但是见到你我很高兴 |
[40:24] | Good. | 很好 |
[40:26] | I’m gonna get some party punch. You want some? | 我要到派对上寻点刺激了 你来吗? |
[40:28] | That stuff will kill you. | 那会要了你的命 |
[40:31] | Some things never change. | 有些东西从来都没变 |
[40:53] | Where’s the fire department when you need them? | 当你需要消防队的时候他们在哪? |
[40:55] | Aren’t you supposed to be in Hartford? | 你不是应该在Hartford的吗? |
[40:57] | I climbed out the window. | 是啊 但我从窗子里爬出来了 |
[41:00] | – That’s it? You’re not curious why? – No. | – 就是这样?你不好奇为什么吗? – 不需要 |
[41:03] | That’s what I love about you. | 这就是我为什么喜欢你 |
[41:05] | – How long have you been here? – A little while. | – 你来这里多久了? – 刚一会 |
[41:07] | Did you see Taylor and Harry get into a fistfight? | 你看到Taylor和Harry老拳相向了吗? |
[41:11] | – How did I miss that? I’m so bummed. – It was good. | – 我怎么错过了?我真是没用 – 那很有意思 |
[41:16] | Where is Rachel? | Rachel在哪? |
[41:17] | She’s a Founders’ Party punch junkie. | 她是个建立日派队刺激猎手 |
[41:21] | Even the nice girls aren’t safe. | 连好女孩都不安全 |
[41:23] | She’s been running around here, taking all kinds of pictures. | 她都把这里转遍了 拍了各种各样的照片 |
[41:26] | – She’s having a good time. – I guess so. I hope so. | – 她应该很开心 – 我猜是的 我也希望是的 |
[41:32] | What’s the haps with you two? | 你们俩之间发生了什么? |
[41:35] | The haps? Let’s see. | 发生什么?我们想想 |
[41:37] | What is the haps? | 什么是发生什么? |
[41:39] | – I mean, like… – I know what you meant by ‘the haps. ‘ | – 我是说 就像… – 我知道”发生什么”的意思 |
[41:43] | – You’re repeating it a thousand times. – I was pondering. | – 你快重复一千次了 – 我在考虑 |
[41:46] | – You ponder so slowly. – Lf I did it fast, it wouldn’t be pondering. | – 你的考虑太慢了 – 如果很快的话就不是”考虑”了 |
[41:49] | Pondering by nature has a slow connotation. | 考虑本身就有很慢的意思 |
[41:51] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[41:55] | – Is she staying? – I don’t know. | – 她要留下来吗? – 我不知道 |
[41:58] | – Do you want her to? – I don’t know. | – 你希望她留下来吗? – 我不知道 |
[42:02] | – She seems to really like you. – Yeah, she does. | – 她好象真的很喜欢你 – 是的 她的确是 |
[42:04] | But she doesn’t have the greatest attention span. | 但她没有长时间关注的神经 |
[42:07] | – But she is here. – Yes, she is. | – 但是她在这里 – 是 她在 |
[42:10] | You spend a lot of time debating things. Is it right, is it wrong? | 你花了很多时间在辩论 这是对的还是错的? |
[42:14] | Should I do this, should I do that? | 我是该做还是不该? |
[42:16] | Sometimes you should just jump in, and take a shot. | 有时候你需要一跃而起 然后果断开火 |
[42:18] | What’s the worst that can happen? She left before. I lived. | 发生过最坏的事情是什么? 她以前走了 但我还继续生活着 |
[42:22] | Maybe this time… | 也许这次… |
[42:25] | – I think that’s really great. – You do? | – 我觉得那很好 – 你真这么认为? |
[42:28] | – Thanks. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[42:35] | – I guess I’m gonna go check up on Rachel. – That’s nice. | – 我想我得去看看Rachel – 那样真好 |
[42:38] | What? | 什么? |
[42:39] | That you have somebody you can go check up on. That’s nice. | 你能有某人可以去看看 那真好 |
[42:43] | Yeah, it is, unless she’s completely drunk and throwing up. | 是啊 没错 除非她完全醉了而且呕吐不止 |
[42:46] | Still nice. | 还是很好 |
[42:49] | – I’ll see you tomorrow? – Tomorrow. | – 明天我来看你? – 明天 |
[43:22] | Hi. You’ve reached Max Medina. | 嗨 这里是Max Medina |
[43:24] | I’m not here now. Leave a message at the beep… | 我现在不在 请在”哔”声之后留言… |
[43:26] | and I’ll get back to you. Thanks. | 稍后我会打给你 谢谢 |
[43:32] | We just broke up. | 我们刚分手了 |