时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Here you go. | 上菜咯! |
[00:07] | Jeez! Sorry, folks. | 天啊!太对不起了!伙计们! |
[00:10] | Here. | 对了 |
[00:11] | There we go. Free coffee all around. | 我们这里有免费的咖啡 |
[00:15] | Might wanna put your hand over that. There we go. | 你可以用手遮在咖啡杯上,来挡住灰… 好了 |
[00:19] | Tom, what the hell is going on up there? | Tom,上面到底怎么啦? |
[00:21] | We’re redoing your apartment. What’d you think? | 我们在重新装修你家啊, 这还用得著问吗? |
[00:23] | The ceiling’s falling. I got customers eating dry wall here. | 天花板一直在掉东西下来 我的客人们会吃到那些墙灰的 |
[00:26] | – That can’t be good. – You said minimal disruptions. | 那就不好啦! 你说过都只是一些小小的修整… |
[00:29] | This is minimal disruptions. I need you to sign this change order. | 这的确都只是一些细微的调整啊… 我需要你签署这份拆迁的同意书 |
[00:32] | – What happened now? – We broke through this wall… | 又怎么了? 当我们敲掉这堵墙时… |
[00:34] | and found pipes that shouldn’t be there. Gotta move them. | 发现里面有些原本就不该存在的管线, 所以要把它们全部拆掉 |
[00:37] | – Move them where? – Not sure. | 拆到哪里去呢? 我也不确定 |
[00:39] | – We gotta find out what they do first. – You’re kidding. | 我们得先弄清楚这些管线的用途… 你别开玩笑了! |
[00:41] | Yeah, there’s nothing I like more than a good moving-a-pipe joke. | 是啊,我就最喜欢开这种拆除管线的玩笑了 |
[00:44] | Fine. One more week. That’s it. | 好吧!我再多给你一个星期,就这样说定了! |
[00:46] | Oh, sure, construction ultimatum. | 噢,当然,这个是你的最后通牒了 |
[00:49] | That’s even funnier than my moving-a-pipe joke. | 这远比我那个拆迁管线的玩笑好笑多了 |
[00:55] | – Jeez, look at this place. It’s a mess. – How long… | 噢,天啊!看看这里真的是一团糟啊 发生什么事了? |
[00:58] | – No, can’t sit here. – Why not? | 别坐这个位子啦 怎么啦? |
[01:00] | Three people got nailed in the head here earlier. | 前几天有三个人坐在这里, 头被钉子弄伤了 |
[01:02] | – Their food was okay, right? – Will you just move? | 不过他们的食物应该是没问题的,对吧? 你就真不能换个位子吗? |
[01:05] | Outside. | 出去接电话吧 |
[01:06] | You know, if I sit here one more second, I just might be outside. | 你看你看,如果我再多坐一会儿,肯定要被赶出去了 |
[01:11] | Order me some coffee. | 帮我叫杯咖啡 |
[01:17] | You are really funny. You and Tom should put an act together. | 你真的很有趣 你真应该和Tom一起行动的 |
[01:21] | I’d leave it open. | 我就当它不存在了 |
[01:25] | Go ahead, Mom. I can hear you now. | 说吧,妈妈,我现在能听到了 |
[01:27] | I wanted to know if you’d like a gift certificate… | 我想问问,你要不要一张礼券 |
[01:29] | – for a weekend at the Birchgrove Spa. – Are you serious? | 是在周末的时候前往Birchgrove SPA的 你不是在开玩笑吧? |
[01:32] | I bid on it at the DAR Symphony Fundraiser, and I won. | 我是从DAR交响乐团的募款人那里买回来的 |
[01:35] | It’s supposed to be an amazing place. Why don’t you go? | 听上去那里应该是个不错的地方, 那你为什么不去? |
[01:38] | I’ve never had any real desire to go to a spa. | 我从来都没有去做SPA的欲望 |
[01:41] | – Why did you bid on it? – For charity. I had to bid on something. | 那你为什么还要买呢? 为了慈善事业嘛,反正我也想买点东西的 |
[01:44] | I certainly didn’t want another portrait of George Washington. | 可是我也不想再买个George Washington的肖像了 |
[01:47] | I’ve got four in the attic already. | 家里的阁楼里已经放着四个了 |
[01:48] | – I’d love it. – Good. | 噢,我很喜欢 很好! |
[01:51] | Two days of total mind-numbing pampering. | 有两天时间可以好好的放纵一下了 |
[01:53] | Massages, facials, aromatherapy. | 按摩、做脸、芳香疗法… |
[01:55] | You make it sound like heaven. | 噢,我的天,你说的就象置身天堂似的 |
[01:57] | – Closest you’ll ever come to being a dog. – I beg your pardon? | 还差一点点就跟小狗的生活方式一样了 你说仔细点? |
[01:59] | You know, a whole life of nothing but eating, sleeping… | 你知道的啦,一辈子什么都不用做, 只要吃啊、睡啊 |
[02:02] | lying on your back and getting rubbed. | 只要舒服的躺着,还有专人替你擦背 |
[02:04] | I’d love the comparison to stop there. | 行了,比较到这里就好啦! |
[02:06] | – When’s it for? – This weekend, actually. | 礼券是什么时候的? 就在这个周末 |
[02:09] | Well, I’ll be there. | 好吧,我会去的 |
[02:11] | – So will I. – Excuse me? | 我也会去的噢 什么? |
[02:12] | The certificate is for two. | 这是两人份的礼券 |
[02:14] | Since it sounds like the most wonderful place in the world… | 听你说的好像那是世界上最美好的地方了 |
[02:17] | I might as well try it with you. | 我当然要跟你一起去尝试一下 |
[02:19] | – But… – That’s all right, isn’t it, if I join you? | 噢,可是… 这样不是很好吗?不介意我跟你一起去吧? |
[02:21] | You don’t mind? | 你会介意吗? |
[02:23] | – No, I don’t mind at all. – Wonderful. | 当然不会,一点也不会的 好极了! |
[02:26] | I’ll pick you up tomorrow morning. | 明早我去接你 |
[02:28] | I’m actually looking forward to this. | 我太期待了 |
[02:30] | Oh, yeah, me, too. Thanks, Mom. | 恩,我也是,谢谢妈妈 |
[02:33] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[02:39] | I’m going to a spa with my mother. | 我要跟我妈一起去SPA |
[02:43] | Lean forward. | 来,靠过来点吧 |
[03:46] | So, then we’re all confirmed. | 如此一来, 我们全都确认过了 |
[03:49] | Great. Thanks so much for your help. | 太好了,非常感谢你的帮助 |
[03:52] | Okay. Bye. | OK,再见 |
[03:53] | – Yes. – That was an evil ‘yes. ‘ | Yes! 那是个邪恶的”Yes” |
[03:56] | Not an evil ‘yes. ‘ | 才不是邪恶的呢 |
[03:57] | It’s a ‘Yes, I’m pretty, but, hello, I’m smart’ kind of a ‘yes. ‘ | 邪恶的Yes应该是这样的, “是的,我很漂亮.我也很聪明” |
[04:01] | My mistake. | 噢,那是我理解错了 |
[04:02] | So here’s the deal. I go into my facial… | 所以,我们达成共识了. 我去做脸… |
[04:04] | just as my mother is finishing her Salt Glow… | 正好在我妈结束她的海盐去角质项目的 十分钟之前… |
[04:07] | which’ll end 10 minutes after I’ve hit my scalp treatment… | 再做头皮护理按摩,然后泡在舒服的按摩池里 |
[04:09] | which puts me in the Watsu massage pool six minutes into her back facial. | 在我还没结束泡浴的六分钟之前, 又轮到她做脸咯 |
[04:13] | The day is so well planned, I won’t see her until dinner… | 这一天真是安排得太妥当了, 我一直要到晚餐时才看得到她呢! |
[04:16] | which’ll be cut short by the food poisoning I plan to contract. | 我计划假装食物中毒, 所以晚餐也会很快结束的 |
[04:19] | – You are 12 and disgusting. – I am trapped and desperate. | 你的心智才十二岁,而且这么坏心眼 我已经深陷泥潭,并且还非常绝望 |
[04:22] | You really think you can avoid Grandma the entire weekend? | 你真的觉得你可以整个周末都能避得开祖母吗? |
[04:25] | I’m nothing if not a great organizer. | 如果连安排这么点东西都不行, 那我就一无是处了 |
[04:27] | Now, let’s talk about what you’re gonna do tonight. | 现在我们来说说你今晚的打算吧 |
[04:30] | Throwing a party, I hope. | 我希望你可以办个派对 |
[04:32] | Inviting hundreds of bikers and lowlifes who are gonna trash the place. | 邀请几百个摩托车手和一些来历不明的人, 把这个地方弄得跟垃圾堆一样 |
[04:35] | I am going to do laundry, watch TV, order Indian food, and go to bed early. | 我要去洗衣服、看电视, 点一些印度食物,然后早点上床睡觉 |
[04:39] | And then come the bikers and lowlifes who are gonna trash the place? | 然后再请些摩托车手和来历不明的人, 来糟蹋这个地方? |
[04:42] | I may even fall asleep on the couch with the TV on. | 我可能电视还没关掉,就倒在沙发上睡着了 |
[04:45] | When do the bikers and lowlifes get to trash the place? | 那么,那些来糟蹋这里的人什么时候到? |
[04:48] | You’re all packed. | 行啦,你的行李已经整理好啦! |
[04:49] | You have to do something bad when Mommy’s out of town. | 当妈妈不在家的时候,你得做些坏事才可以嘛 |
[04:52] | It’s the law. You’ve seen Risky Business, right? | 这是条不成文的规律。你看过Risky Business了,不是吗? *注:Risky Business(1983)Tom Cruise主演的电影 |
[04:55] | Now, I’m not asking for a prostitution ring… | 现在我谈论的不是那个卖淫集团的话题 |
[04:57] | but how about a floating craps game or something? | 不过,玩玩吹牛或是其他的游戏总可以吧? |
[05:00] | – I’ll see what I can do. – I’d greatly appreciate it. | 我来看看能做些什么吧。 我会极力赞同的! |
[05:03] | I think Grandma’s here. | 我想是祖母来了 |
[05:05] | What’s she honking for? She hates honking. | 她干嘛要鸣喇叭啊? 她讨厌鸣喇叭的 |
[05:08] | She calls it a mechanical bodily function. | 她把那个称之为活生生的机械功能 |
[05:12] | Jeez. | 噢, 天哪! |
[05:15] | Cool! | 哇, 好酷啊! |
[05:17] | Hello, hello, hello. | 哈��~哈��~哈��~ |
[05:19] | What are we, going to the prom? | 我们这是要去参加学校的舞会吗? |
[05:20] | I just thought since this weekend is all about relaxing… | 因为我想这是一个完全放松的周末… |
[05:23] | we should start with the ride. | 我们应该先出去兜兜风嘛 |
[05:25] | – This is cool, Grandma. – Thank you, Rory. | 真的好酷啊, 祖母 谢谢, Rory |
[05:27] | – So are we all ready to go? – I guess so, Miss Daisy. | 我们可以走了吗? 可以了, Daisy小姐 |
[05:30] | – Bye, sweets. – Bye. | 再见, 甜心 再见 |
[05:32] | – Bye, Grandma. – Goodbye, Rory. | 再见, 祖母 再见, Rory |
[05:34] | Have a good time. | 祝你们玩得愉快哦! |
[05:36] | – Bikers and lowlifes. – I’ll get right on it. | 记住哦,摩托车手和来历不明的人 我会好好记住的啦 |
[05:41] | In general, the lab reports weren’t bad, but they weren’t great either… | 总而言之,实验报告写的还不错, 但也没有特别出彩的 |
[05:44] | which leads me to question… | 所以我心里冒出一个疑问 |
[05:46] | whether everyone has the grasp on electrochemistry I’d prefer… | 在我们学习新的知识之前 |
[05:50] | before we move on. | 是不是大家都如我预期的, 已经掌握好电化学了呢? |
[05:52] | To that end, I will be giving another test on Tuesday… | 最后,下周二还会再有一次考试的 |
[05:55] | covering Chapters 14 through 18 in your textbooks… | 考试的内容是课本的第14章到第18章 |
[05:59] | as well as the material from lab. | 同时还包括实验器材 |
[06:01] | Now please proceed with the assignment we all started yesterday… | 现在请继续做我昨天布置的实验任务吧 |
[06:05] | as that, too, will be included on the test. | 那个也是属于考试的范围 |
[06:14] | – Madeline. – What? | Madeline 恩? |
[06:16] | – What are you guys doing tonight? – It’s Friday night. | 你们今晚打算做什么? 今天是周五了哦 |
[06:18] | – So, you’ve got dates? – Yeah, why? | 那么你已经有约会了吗? 对. 怎么了? |
[06:20] | I was hoping you could study with me. | 我还指望你能跟我一起复习功课呢 |
[06:22] | – On a Friday night? – Yes. | 在周五晚上? 对 |
[06:24] | – We’ve got dates. – What is she saying? | 我们都已经有约了 她在说什么呀? |
[06:26] | – She wants us to study with her. – On a Friday night? | 她希望我们跟她一起学习 在周五晚上学习? |
[06:28] | – Yeah. – But we’ve got dates. | 对 但我们都有约会的啊 |
[06:30] | I know. I was hoping maybe you’d cancel them. | 我知道 我只是希望你们可以取消约会 |
[06:32] | – To study? – Yes. | 只为了学习? 对 |
[06:33] | – On a Friday night? – What did she say? | 在周五晚上? 她说什么呀? |
[06:35] | She wants us to cancel our dates to study. | 她希望我们能够取消约会跟她一起学习 |
[06:38] | – On a Friday night? – That’s what she said. | 在周五晚上? 她就是说这个 |
[06:40] | – But we have… – Oh, my God. Forget it! | 但我们有…. 噢~ 天哪! 算了,当我没说 |
[06:46] | So I suppose that you have big Friday night plans also? | 我想你周五晚上也已经有安排了咯 |
[06:50] | Kind of. | 对啊 |
[06:51] | The fact that I’m seeing my entire Harvard career slip away… | 唉,可以看到我离哈佛越来越远的这个事实了 |
[06:54] | – is of no interest to anyone? – What are you talking about? | 这个激不起任何人的兴趣吗? 你到底在说什么呀? |
[06:57] | – I got an A-minus, okay? – So? | 我得了个A- 所以…? |
[06:59] | What do you mean ‘so’? | 你的”所以…”是什么意思? |
[07:00] | I got an A-minus. I have never gotten an A-minus. | 我得了A-呀, 我从没得过A-的 |
[07:03] | I just can’t focus lately. Things are so weird at my house. | 我最近一直无法集中精神 因为我家里发生了一些怪事 |
[07:07] | My dad figured out exactly how much it’d cost him to divorce my mom. | 我爸爸终于发现跟我妈妈离婚, 要付出的代价太大了 |
[07:10] | So now he’s back. | 现在他又回头了 |
[07:11] | It’s bad enough I wasted time crunching the numbers with him… | 之前记他的电话号码, 只是浪费我的时间 |
[07:14] | but now that he’s back, they’re fighting and redecorating. It’s a mess. | 他现在回来了,所以他们又开始吵架、和好 真是搞的乱七八糟 |
[07:18] | I need help. | 我需要有人伸出援手 |
[07:19] | Look, I can’t tonight… | 不行啦, 今晚上不行 |
[07:21] | but if you’re still freaked out after the quiz on Tuesday… | 如果下周二考试过后,你还是这么惊慌失措的话 |
[07:24] | I will spend every day next week helping you prepare for the final, okay? | 那么一直到期末考试的时候 我每天都会陪着你复习的. 好吗? |
[07:27] | – I guess. – Relax. | 好吧 放松一点嘛 |
[07:29] | It will be fine. I promise. | 一切都会好的,我保证 |
[07:31] | All I had to do was move a decimal point, and none of this would have happened. | 唉, 那时我只要移动一个小数点就行了 这都是不该犯的错 |
[07:37] | Look at this place. It’s lovely. | 看看这个地方. 真是让人愉悦 |
[07:40] | And that smell. What is that? Eucalyptus? | 还有那股气味, 那是什么味道? 是桉树吗? |
[07:43] | – I don’t know. – Well, it’s lovely. | 我不知道 真的非常好闻 |
[07:45] | Lorelai, come over here. Look. | Lorelai, 快过来. 你看! |
[07:47] | – They have cucumber slices in the water. – Wow. | 他们在水里放了黄瓜片呢 哇 |
[07:50] | If they have ranch dressing in the soap dispensers, this place is great. | 如果他们有农场的肥皂加工调配师 这里就太完美了 |
[07:54] | You know what? I love it here. | 你知道吗? 我非常喜欢这里 |
[07:55] | Careful. That’s how they get you in the Moonies. | 小心点 ,这就是他们如何让你变成统一教信徒的原因了 *注:Moonie(韩国)文鲜明统一教派信徒 |
[07:58] | I feel more relaxed already. | 我现在已经觉得很放松了 |
[08:01] | That’s the most delicious water I’ve had. Have a sip. | 这是我喝过的最甘甜的水 喝点 |
[08:04] | – Let’s just check in, shall we? – Okay. | 我们先办理入住, 好吗? 好的 |
[08:07] | Hello. I’m Emily Gilmore. This is my daughter Lorelai. | 你好, 我是Emily Gilmore 这是我女儿Lorelai |
[08:11] | Yes, welcome to Birchgrove. My name is Bobby. | 欢迎来到Birchgrove 我是Bobby |
[08:14] | I have everything all set for you. | 一切都替你们安排好了 |
[08:16] | – Any luggage? – It’s in the Luca Brasi-mobile out front. | 有行李吗? 在前面那辆招摇的车子里 |
[08:18] | We can take care of that for you. | 我们可以为你们安放好行李的 |
[08:21] | Here are your room keys and a copy of all of your spa activities. | 这是你们的房间钥匙 还有你们所有SPA活动安排表的复本 |
[08:25] | You ladies are booked solid, I see. | 你们早已经登记过了 |
[08:27] | We intend to leave here completely different people. | 希望从这里离开的时候,我们将会焕然一新 |
[08:29] | Yes, I’m going to be Ted Nugent. | 是的,我会变成Ted Nugent *注:Ted Nugent有摇滚狂人之称, 是最受瞩目的摇滚乐手之一. 他不只是Rocker, 同时也是大炮型的时事评论家. |
[08:32] | Anyhow, your rooms are right down this hall. | 你们的房间就在这个大厅下面 |
[08:34] | Fruit and yogurt is served by the pool in the mornings. | 早上游泳池边都有水果和酸奶供应 |
[08:37] | Lunch and dinner seatings are on that itinerary. | 午餐和晚餐可以去那边享用 |
[08:39] | – Any questions? – Yes. | 还有什么问题吗? 有 |
[08:40] | Where can one get a cup of coffee around here? | 哪里能喝到咖啡? |
[08:43] | We don’t serve anything with caffeine here. | 我们这里不提供含有咖啡因的食物或饮品 |
[08:45] | And you think that’s safe? | 你们觉得那样比较安全吗? |
[08:47] | Thank you. We’re sure we’re going to have a wonderful time. | 谢谢你, 我们肯定会在这里度过非常美好的时光 |
[08:50] | Mom, there’s no coffee. | 妈妈, 这里没有咖啡 |
[08:52] | It won’t kill you to go two days without coffee. | 才两天不喝咖啡不会死啦 |
[08:55] | No, I think it will. | 不,我想我一定会死掉的 |
[08:56] | Just focus on all the pampering we’re going to have. | 把注意力放在我们将怎样娇宠自己 |
[08:59] | Look at all the things we have to look forward to. | 多期待一下这些对我们有好处的东西嘛 |
[09:01] | – Oh, no. – What? | 噢~ 不! 怎么啦? |
[09:02] | I’ll be right back. They screwed up our appointments. | 噢,我要回去跟他说一下这个时间表, 他们完全弄错了我们的预约 |
[09:05] | – Again? – What do you mean, ‘again’? | 又弄错啦? 什么意思? |
[09:07] | On the way to your house, I called to confirm our schedule and found… | 在去你家的路上, 我打电话来确认日程安排时才发现的 |
[09:11] | they had booked us separately for every one of our treatments. | 他们给我们俩分别预定了完全不一样的项目 |
[09:14] | I insisted on speaking to a manager and was able to straighten everything out. | 我坚持要求跟他们的经理谈谈 才总算是把事情都安排好了 |
[09:17] | – Yes, those are right. – They are? | 所以,这些安排没错 真的吗? |
[09:19] | I had them move the pedicure tubs together in the same room… | 我让他们把泡脚盆放在同一间房间 |
[09:22] | – so we can talk during it. – I’m really gonna need a cup of coffee. | 这样我们就可以在泡脚的时候聊天了 我真的想喝一杯咖啡啊 |
[09:25] | – Have some cucumber water. – No, that’s not gonna do it… | 喝点黄瓜水吧 不要,我不想喝 |
[09:28] | – Drink, Lorelai. – Cucumber water. Yuck. | 喝点吧,Lorelai 黄瓜水…真难喝! |
[09:40] | Well, your lung capacity certainly has improved. | 哇,你的肺活量明显好多了嘛 |
[09:42] | Well, I’ve been playing a lot more basketball lately. | 最近我打篮球的时间很长 |
[09:45] | Yet another reason to continue the fight to keep physical education in schools. | 还有另外一个原因就是, 在学校跟体能训练继续奋战 |
[09:50] | – So, tonight… – Yes? | 所以…今晚… 嗯? |
[09:52] | – I was thinking… – Yes? | 我在想…. 什么? |
[09:54] | Since your mother’s going to be gone, maybe I’d come over. | 既然你妈妈不在家 或许我可以去你家 |
[09:58] | What? | 什么? |
[09:59] | I was thinking of pulling kind of a hermit thing tonight. | 我还打算今晚做个遁世者呢 |
[10:02] | – Why? – I don’t know. | 为什么? 我不知道 |
[10:04] | J.D. Salinger seems to dig it. | J.D. Salinger好像很喜欢这个 *注:J.D. Salinger为《麦田捕手(The Catcher in the Rye)》的作者 |
[10:05] | – You don’t want me to come over? – No, I just… | 你不想要我去吗? 不是,只是…. |
[10:08] | I almost never get the house all to myself, and I thought with my mom gone… | 我从没有觉得那是属于我个人的房子 我想既然妈妈不在家… |
[10:11] | I can finally do my laundry exactly the way I like it. | 那我就可以用个人喜欢的方式去洗衣服了 |
[10:14] | Not separating into whites and colors, but the colors separated… | 不是只依据白色和彩色分开洗涤 |
[10:17] | into darks, mediums, and lights. | 而是分成深色、中间色和浅色 |
[10:19] | With a separate pile for white T-shirts… | 另外分开的一堆是白色的T-Shirt |
[10:20] | and T-shirts with writing on them… | 和一堆T-Shirt上面印有像是… |
[10:22] | like ‘Rock Star,’ ‘Evil,’ or ‘Kafka Was Here. ‘ | 摇滚巨星、邪恶、卡夫卡在这儿…这样字眼的 |
[10:24] | You want to be alone to do laundry? | 你想独处只是为了洗衣服? |
[10:26] | And watch TV, and eat the Indian food I love but my mom hates the smell of… | 还有看电视. 再吃些我妈妈讨厌那个味道 但我却喜爱的印度食物 |
[10:30] | and go to bed early, and… | 然后早点上床睡觉 然后…. |
[10:32] | Are you mad? | 生气了? |
[10:34] | Why would I be mad? You want to spend tonight alone. | 我为什么要生气? 你晚上想独处嘛 |
[10:37] | But tomorrow, the whole day is all about you. | 不过明天我一整天就是属于你的了 |
[10:40] | I mean it. From morning till night. | 我是说真的. 从早到晚都是 |
[10:42] | You plan it, or I’ll plan it… | 由你来计划, 还是我来呢 |
[10:44] | or we can get a professional to plan it, whatever you want. | 或是我们去找个专业人士来规划 无论你想要怎么样都行 |
[10:46] | – Just don’t be mad. – I’m not. | 只是别生气 我不会生气 |
[10:51] | – I’m not mad. – Good. | 我没有生气 好的 |
[10:53] | – I’m confused, but I’m not mad. – Fine. | 我只是被你搞胡涂了. 但没有生气 很好 |
[10:57] | I’m a saint, but I’m not mad. | 我是个圣人. 所以不生气 |
[10:59] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | 谢谢 不用客气 |
[11:02] | So, deep breath, and… | 那么…深呼吸, 然后…. |
[11:27] | – How do I look? – Like a landlady. What is this? | 我看起来怎么样? 像个包租婆. 这是什么? |
[11:30] | I got adjoining rooms. | 我要了两间相邻的房间 |
[11:31] | We don’t have to go out in the hall to see each other. | 这样就不用走到走廊上才能见面了 |
[11:33] | Great thinking. | 你想得真周到啊… |
[11:34] | God, this robe is fabulous. How do they get it so soft? | 噢! 这件浴袍真是让人难以置信 他们怎么有办法把浴袍弄得那么柔软呢? |
[11:37] | Having about 40 other people wear it first is part of the secret. | 他们的秘诀之一, 就是之前已经有四十个人穿过了 |
[11:41] | Stop it. So are you all ready… | 别说了. 你做好准备 |
[11:43] | for our skin-rejuvenating and revitalizing collagen facial and eye treatment? | 去做我们的焕肤、胶原蛋白面部护理还有 眼部护理疗程了吗? |
[11:47] | Almost. | 差不多好了 |
[11:48] | It has vitamin C and plant extracts in it… | 里面含有维他命C和植物萃取菁华 |
[11:50] | which is the hottest thing in skincare these days. | 这是这阵子最流行的皮肤护理方式 |
[11:53] | The eye treatment is supposed to reduce puffiness… | 眼部疗程可以消除眼袋 |
[11:55] | and minimize the appearance of fine lines. | 和减少眼部细纹的出现 |
[11:58] | Okay, no more brochures for you. | 好了. 不用再念这本宣传小册了 |
[12:00] | I’m ready. Let’s go. | 我准备好了. 走吧 |
[12:01] | – Aren’t you wearing your robe? – What? | 你不穿上你的浴袍吗? 什么? |
[12:03] | You’re supposed to wear a robe. | 你应该穿上浴袍的 |
[12:04] | They’ll give me one when I get there. | 等我到那儿的时候,他们会给我一件的 |
[12:06] | – But these robes are wonderful. – Mom. | 但这些浴袍实在是太棒了 妈… |
[12:08] | They help you relax. | 穿上浴袍会让你很放松的 |
[12:09] | – We’re late, Mom. – They’re wonderful, relaxing robes. | 我们快赶不上了. 妈妈 极好的且让人感到舒服的浴袍 |
[12:12] | – Oh, my God. – Yet you stand there… | 哦, 晕! 你站在那里 |
[12:14] | like it’s some badge of honor not to put on your robe like everyone else. | 好像得了什么荣誉徽章似的 全部的人就只有你没穿上你的浴袍 |
[12:17] | This isn’t for me, you know. It’s for you. | 这不是为了我, 是为了你好 |
[12:20] | I already have on my robe. I am already relaxed. | 我已经穿好我的浴袍 也已经很放松了 |
[12:25] | – What are you doing? – You’re kidding me, right? | 你去干什么啊? 你在逗我玩吗? |
[12:28] | Well, hurry up. We’re going to be late. | 好啦, 快一点! 我们快来不及了 |
[12:32] | Happy? | 这下开心啦? |
[12:33] | Apparently, you didn’t see the matching slippers. | 很明显的, 你没看到跟浴袍配套的拖鞋 |
[12:40] | So, how are we doing? | 你现在感觉怎么样? |
[12:43] | – So good. – Okay. | 很好 好的 |
[12:44] | I’m gonna leave you to sit for a few minutes, so relax and enjoy… | 我先走开一会, 你坐个几分钟好好地放松与享受 |
[12:48] | – and I’ll be right back. – Thanks. | 我等下就回来 谢谢 |
[13:12] | – Are your feet sweating? – Mom? | 你的脚开始出汗了吗? 妈妈?! |
[13:15] | Those booties make my feet sweat. Don’t they make your feet sweat? | 穿上这些脚套让我脚出汗了 难道你的脚没出汗吗? |
[13:18] | What are you doing in my room? | 你在我房间里干什么? |
[13:20] | Magda left me sitting for 20 minutes. Fine time to take a coffee break. | Magda叫我先坐二十分钟 如果能边喝杯边咖啡休息就完美了 |
[13:24] | She’s not taking a coffee break. | 她不是喝咖啡去了 |
[13:26] | Your skin is supposed to be absorbing the moisture in your mask. | 你的皮肤会吸收面膜里的水分 |
[13:29] | In your room. | 在你的房间里 |
[13:32] | Let’s see what’s next on our agenda, shall we? | 我们来看看下个疗程是什么,好吗? |
[13:35] | Stop moving, Lorelai. You’ll electrocute yourself. | Lorelai别动了. 你会触电的 |
[13:39] | The Egyptian mud bath. | 埃及泥浆浴 |
[13:42] | I wonder if a mud bath is one of those things you see in brochures… | 我很纳闷, 这个泥浆浴是不是他们册子上说的 |
[13:45] | where they wrap you in towels like you’re in a cocoon of some sort. | 把你包在毛巾里, 像个虫茧的那种 |
[13:49] | That might be nice. | 应该会蛮宜人的 |
[13:51] | Especially if their towels are as good as their robes. | 特别是如果那些毛巾也跟 他们的袍子一样舒服的话 |
[13:54] | Because I just love these robes. | 因为我真的很喜欢这些浴袍 |
[13:58] | Wonder where they get these robes. | 真想知道他们是从哪里买来的 |
[13:59] | Shouldn’t be hard to find the manufacturer. | 应该不难找到制造商吧 |
[14:01] | I could order a few of them. For me, you, and Rory. | 我可以订购一些这种袍子 我一件、你一件, 还有Rory一件 |
[14:04] | I still can’t get over it. It really was mud. | 我几乎快熬不住了呢 这个真的是泥浆啊 |
[14:07] | I mean, I know it said mud bath… | 我知道他们虽然说了是泥浆浴 |
[14:08] | but I didn’t really think they meant a real mud bath. | 但我没料到会用真正的泥浆 |
[14:11] | The odd thing is, I should’ve been more repulsed by it. | 奇怪的是,我没想象中那么抗拒它 |
[14:14] | Sitting in a tub of hot dirt, which is basically what mud is… | 坐在一桶热热的烂泥里 在根本上这些泥巴 |
[14:17] | should have made me ill, and yet, I really enjoyed it. | 还可能会让我生病的 可是我还蛮喜欢的 |
[14:20] | Did yours have twigs? Mine had twigs. | 你的泥浆里面有嫩枝吗 我的有哦 |
[14:22] | When I asked the woman about them… | 我问过那个女人关于这个嫩枝 |
[14:24] | she told me they were there because of the healing qualities. | 她说是因为这些嫩枝有治疗的功能 所以才放进去的 |
[14:31] | What are you doing? Lorelai, stop it! You’re pushing me. | 你在干嘛? Lorelai, 停手! 你在推我! |
[14:43] | How’s the pressure? Too much? | 这个力道怎么样? 会太用力了吗? |
[14:48] | – Yep. – Sorry. I’ll go lighter. | 对 抱歉, 我会轻点的 |
[14:52] | Your hands are amazing. | 你的手真神奇 |
[14:54] | Compliment your masseur’s hands, Lorelai. | Lorelai 称赞一下你的按摩师嘛 |
[14:56] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[14:57] | – Excuse me? – Nothing. | 什么? 没事 |
[14:59] | You were muttering under your breath. | 你刚刚用气音在喃喃自语些什么? |
[15:01] | Years of experience have taught me that when you do that… | 多年的经验告诉我, 如果你那样 |
[15:04] | it’s usually about me. | 通常又是在抱怨我什么了 |
[15:07] | Mom, you signed us up for a couple’s massage. | 妈妈,你给我们预约的是“情侣按摩” |
[15:10] | – So? – A couple’s massage is for a couple… | 那又怎样呢? 情侣按摩,就是为了给一对情侣的… |
[15:13] | not a couple of people. | 而不是两个不是情侣关系的普通人 |
[15:14] | It’s more efficient this way. We finish at the same time. | 这样更有效率嘛 我们就可以同时完成了 |
[15:17] | Do you know what most people who get these massages do… | 你知不知道大多数做这种按摩的人 |
[15:20] | about five minutes after it’s over? They have sex, together… | 做完五分钟后, 一般会做什么吗? 他们会做爱 |
[15:23] | probably while wearing their robes. | 大概连袍子都没有脱下 |
[15:25] | Could the two of you excuse us for a moment, please? Thank you. | 两位可以先给我们一些私人的时间吗? 谢谢 |
[15:32] | – Well, that was appalling. – Well, that was true. | 真是骇人听闻 那是真的 |
[15:35] | You’re determined to spoil this, aren’t you? | 你是下定决心想毁了这次是不是? |
[15:37] | Why, because I want a quiet, private massage? | 只是因为我想要一个安静且私人的按摩? |
[15:39] | You’ve been pouting and sulking and sighing… | 你一直撅着嘴又板着一张脸 还叹气 |
[15:42] | – I haven’t been sighing. … rolling your eyes, mumbling. | 我没有叹气 …翻白眼, 嘴里还嘟囔个不停 |
[15:44] | That’s how I detox. | 我就是这样戒毒的, 行了吧 |
[15:46] | You’ve made it your mission to be as miserable as possible. | 你的使命就是尽可能的让我们得到最凄惨的结局 |
[15:49] | – That’s not true. – It’s completely true. | 那不是事实 就是 |
[15:51] | If you don’t care about hurting my feelings… | 关于我是否会感觉受到伤害, 如果你不在乎 |
[15:53] | maybe you care that you’re wasting all your relaxing time… | 也许你应该好好想一下, 这会浪费掉你多少轻松愉悦的时间 |
[15:55] | acting like a petulant 4-year-old. | 像个任性的四岁小孩一样 |
[16:00] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:01] | Do you want me to try to get myself another room? | 你要我去帮自己单独弄间房间吗? |
[16:04] | No. | 不用了 |
[16:05] | I saw a supply closet down the hall. | 我看到大厅下面有个补给品储藏橱 |
[16:07] | Maybe my masseur could finish me in there. | 或许我的按摩师可以到那里帮我做完按摩 |
[16:09] | Okay, Mom. | 好啦 妈妈 |
[16:10] | Or perhaps I could roll myself against a stucco wall… | 又或者我可以让自己在灰泥墙上滚上一圈 |
[16:13] | eliminate the need for a masseur altogether. | 这样我们可以就不用一起做按摩了 |
[16:15] | Lie down, Mom, please. | 拜托, 躺下吧, 妈妈 |
[16:18] | If you say so. | 这是你说的哦~ |
[16:23] | – Lorelai? – Yes, Mom. | Lorelai? 嗯 妈妈 |
[16:26] | Would you go get the boys, please? | 你可以去把男孩们叫过来吗? |
[16:38] | No, that’s two orders of garlic nan, three samosas, and a Chicken vindaloo. | 不对, 要两个大蒜面包、三个萨莫萨饺子 和一个咖喱鸡肉 |
[16:43] | And rice. And the green sauce. And no salad. And… | 还有米饭、蔬菜酱, 不要色拉 还有…. |
[16:47] | Oh, wait. Sorry, can you hold on a sec? | 哦, 等一下. 对不起, 你能稍等一下吗 |
[16:50] | – Hello? – Hi. This is Phil’s Liquor. | 喂 嗨 这里是Phil’s酒馆 |
[16:52] | I’m supposed to deliver a keg there tonight. | 我今晚会送一小桶酒过去 |
[16:54] | Hold on. | 先别挂断 |
[16:56] | Hi. Sorry. Yeah, that’s it. | 嗨. 对不起, 对…就是这样 |
[16:59] | Forty minutes. Great. Bye. | 四十分钟?太好了, 再见 |
[17:02] | – Who was that? – Sandeep’s. | 刚才那是谁啊? Sandeep’s |
[17:04] | You’re ordering the Indian food. | 你在订印度菜 |
[17:06] | – Yep. – Good, enjoy. | 嗯 很好, 好好享受吧 |
[17:07] | Burn the house down after. It’s the only way to get the smell out. | 吃完后记得把房子一起烧了, 只有这样才能把那股味道消灭掉 |
[17:10] | – Absolutely. How’s the spa? – Tranquil. | 一点也没错. SPA做的怎么样 平静极了 |
[17:12] | – Really? – I wasn’t done. | 真的吗? 我还没有做完呢 |
[17:14] | Tranquilizers will be required… | 如果还要跟我妈再共渡几分钟的话 |
[17:16] | if I have to spend one more minute with my mother. | 我就必须要吃一些镇定剂了 |
[17:18] | Tell me you’re trying to get along with her. | 告诉我你正设法与她和平共处 |
[17:20] | – I’m being a peach. – Really? | 我正朝着惹人喜爱的路线在走 是吗? |
[17:22] | Well, I smell like a peach. | 好吧, 是我身上有股桃子的味道 |
[17:24] | – Was that the doorbell? – Yeah. Call you later. | 是门铃在响吗? 是啊. 等下再回你电话 |
[17:27] | Wait. I wanna find out who it is. | 等等, 我想知道是谁来了 |
[17:28] | The sooner you get back to your weekend, the sooner it’ll be over. | 你越早取得你的主控权 周末就会结束的越快 |
[17:31] | Can you get out my address book and count how many friends I have? | 你能不能拿出我的地址本 然后数一数我有多少朋友? |
[17:34] | – Bye. – Mean. | 再见 你真小气! |
[17:36] | Steal me soap. | 记得帮我偷块香皂哦 |
[17:38] | Paris, what… | Paris, 怎么啦? |
[17:40] | I tried to stay home and study myself, but I can’t. | 我试着一个人待在家里看书了, 但是我做不到 |
[17:42] | I don’t know what anything means. | 我不知道到底怎么发生什么事了 |
[17:43] | I can’t even read my own handwriting. What does this say? | 我连自己写的字都无法看懂 这说的是什么啊? |
[17:46] | Whoever wrote this should be dressed in a clown suit… | 无论是谁写下了这些文字, 一定是身上穿着小丑衣服的家伙 |
[17:48] | stuffing bodies under their porch. | 还在他家的门廊下塞满了尸体 |
[17:50] | – You’re in your pajamas. – I know. | 你穿着睡衣呢! 我知道 |
[17:52] | This was the big night you planned? A rendezvous with Mr. Peanut? | 这就是你计划中的重要夜晚吗? 跟花生先生来个约会? |
[17:55] | – L… – You’re doing laundry. | 我…. 你在洗衣服 |
[17:57] | – Yes. – You’re doing laundry in your pajamas. | 对 你穿着睡衣, 然后在洗衣服 |
[17:59] | My mom’s out of town, and I never get the house all to myself. | 我妈妈出城去了 我从来没有自己一个人拥有这房子过 |
[18:02] | You never go months without seeing your parents… | 你难道从未好几个月没见到你的父母 |
[18:04] | getting a postcard that doesn’t have a courtesy… | 却收到张没有任何礼貌表示的明信片 |
[18:06] | ‘Wish you were here’ written on it? | 写上”希望你在这里就好了”之类的吗? |
[18:08] | – That sucks. Don’t let me stand in the way. – Wait. | 真的烂透了. 别让我占用你的时间 等一下啦 |
[18:10] | No. I don’t wanna get in the way. | 不行, 我不想占用你的时间 |
[18:12] | I hear there’ll be some hot knitting going on. | 听说现在有种编织非常流行 |
[18:14] | – Fine, I’ll study with you. – You will? | 很好, 我跟你一起学习吧 真的? |
[18:16] | For one hour. That’s it. | 一个小时. 就这样 |
[18:18] | We’ll do a quick review and a pop quiz, and then you’re going home. | 我们很快的复习一遍, 然后快速的考一下对方 然后你就回家 |
[18:21] | – Deal? – Deal. | 这样好吗? 很好 |
[18:22] | Okay. So, go sit on the couch. | 好了, 先去沙发上坐一下 |
[18:24] | – I’ll be out in a minute. – Where are you going? | 我一会儿就出来 你要去哪里? |
[18:27] | I’m going to go change. | 我要去换衣服 |
[18:28] | Okay, but my hour doesn’t start till you get back out here, right? | 嗯, 但那一小时是不是等你换好衣服出来后, 才开始算? |
[18:36] | – You ready? – Wow, you look great, Mom. | 准备好了吗? 哇~ 妈妈你看来真漂亮 |
[18:39] | – Are you being sarcastic? – No, I’m being completely serious. | 你是在挖苦我吗? 不是, 我绝对是认真的 |
[18:42] | Oh, well, thank you. | 哦, 好吧, 谢谢你 |
[18:45] | That’s a pretty color. What is that? | 这支口红的颜色真漂亮. 它叫什么? |
[18:47] | – It’s called ‘Vicious Trollop. ‘ – Stop it. | 叫”堕落的荡妇” 噢, 算了吧! |
[18:51] | Why would you name a lipstick something like that? | 你为什么要给口红取那个怪名字? |
[18:53] | – ‘Cause ‘Dirty Whore’ was taken? – You frighten me. | 因为”肮脏的淫妇”已经被先占用名字了? 你吓到我了. |
[18:56] | – Wanna try some? – No, thank you. | 想不想试试? 不用了, 谢谢 |
[18:57] | – Go on, Mom, try it. – It won’t look good on me. | 妈妈 试试吧 我用这种颜色不好看啦 |
[19:00] | Sure it will. | 肯定好看 |
[19:01] | – All right, but if I look ridiculous… – I’ll be the first one to point it out. | 好吧, 但如果我看上去很可笑的话…. 我肯定第一个跳出来说了 |
[19:05] | You’re a vicious trollop. | 你这个堕落的荡妇, 你这个堕落的荡妇 |
[19:07] | – Lorelai. – Sorry. | Lorelai! 对不起 这样好看吗? |
[19:09] | Well? | |
[19:10] | – I like it. – You do? | 我喜欢 真的吗? |
[19:13] | – I like it, too. – Good, let’s go then. I’m starving. | 我也很喜欢 好的. 那么走吧, 我饿死了 |
[19:17] | Me, too. What are they serving for dinner tonight? | 我也饿了. 今晚他们提供什么餐点呢? |
[19:19] | Well, let’s see. | 唔. 我们来看看 |
[19:26] | They certainly do like their tofu here, don’t they? | 他们这里的人无疑的很喜欢吃豆腐 不是吗? |
[19:29] | And the word ‘steamed. ‘ | 还喜欢用蒸的方法烹饪食物 |
[19:31] | Well, they have dessert at least. | 不过, 至少他们这里最后有甜点吃 |
[19:33] | Cookies sweetened with sprouted mung bean. | 绿豆芽甜饼 |
[19:36] | – That sounds dreadful. – Yes, it does. | 感觉上应该很难吃吧 的确 |
[19:39] | Where are you going? You’re not changing? Our seating’s in 10 minutes. | 你要去哪里啊? 你还没换衣服吗? 给我们安排的座位十分钟后就可以入座了 |
[19:42] | Get your coat. | 拿上你的外套 |
[19:43] | I don’t need it for the dining room. | 只是在酒店里吃饭, 不需要的 |
[19:45] | – We’re not going there. – Where are we going? | 我们不在酒店里吃 那我们要去哪里? |
[19:47] | – Out. – Out where? | 出去吃啊 去哪里? |
[19:48] | We’re going to leave the spa, find a restaurant, and have a steak. | 我们离开这个SPA, 然后找间餐厅吃牛排 |
[19:52] | – A steak? – Who’s gonna stop us? | 牛排? 谁会阻止我们呀? |
[19:54] | – A steak. – Come on, Mom. What’s it gonna be? | 是牛排~ 来吧, 妈妈. 觉得如何啊? |
[19:57] | Vicious trollop or the wide world of mung beans? | 堕落的荡妇还是野生的绿豆? |
[20:00] | – Let’s go. – I’m right behind you. | 走吧 我跟着你呢 |
[20:04] | Given that those are the reactions occurring in the two half-cells… | 假定是发生在两个半电池之间的反应 |
[20:07] | what do you do next? | 你下一步会怎么做? |
[20:09] | We add them together, doubling the coefficients… | 我们把它们相加 将银电极一边的方程系数倍增 |
[20:11] | of the silver half equation but not the voltage. | 但不算电压 |
[20:13] | We get the equation for the complete reaction. | 我们就得到完整的等式了 |
[20:15] | You’re in much better shape than you wanna think you are. | 噢, 其实你比你想象中来的好多了 |
[20:18] | Impossible. | 不可能的 |
[20:21] | – Where are you going? – That’s my food. | 你要去哪里? 那是我的食物 |
[20:22] | – Another half hour. Please. – No. You got your hour, you need to go. | 再复习半个小时吧, 拜托 不行啦, 已经一个小时了. 你快回家吧 |
[20:26] | – But… – Go. | 但…. 快回去吧 |
[20:27] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:29] | – Delivery. – What’re you doing here? | 送货 你在这里干嘛? |
[20:30] | Luke figured since you’re alone, you wouldn’t have food in the house. | Luke猜想你一个人在家, 家里肯定没有吃的 |
[20:34] | So he sent over a care package. | 所以他给你送来了个爱心食物袋. |
[20:35] | I don’t need a care package. I ordered from Sandeep’s. | 我不需要这个呀, 因为我已经订了Sandeep’s的印度菜了 |
[20:38] | Really? Plan on burning down the house afterwards? | 是吗? 吃完后再烧掉整座房子? |
[20:40] | The only way to kill the smell. | 这是唯一可以消除那股味道的办法 |
[20:42] | Where should I put this? Kitchen? | 我应该要放在哪里? 厨房吗? |
[20:46] | Sure. | 当然 |
[20:51] | God, how much food is in there? This could feed 12. | 天哪! 这里有多少食物啊? 都可以养活很多人了 |
[20:54] | Excuse me, I’ve seen you eat. | 得了吧, 我都看过你吃东西的量了 |
[20:56] | – Fine, six. – Well, he wanted you taken care of. | 好吧, 我只能吃这么多量的一半 他只是希望你能照顾好自己 |
[20:58] | Wasn’t sure how long your mom would be gone for. | 因为,他不确定你妈妈要出门多久 |
[21:00] | – Just tonight. – He didn’t know that. | 只有今晚而已啊 但他不知道呀 |
[21:02] | – Now you can tell him. – I will. | 现在你可以告诉他了吧 我会的 |
[21:04] | So, how come Caesar didn’t bring this over? | 为什么这次不是Caesar送来的? |
[21:06] | – I volunteered. – Why? | 我是自愿过来的 为什么? |
[21:08] | Wanted to get out of the construction zone. | 只是想从那栋整正在整修中的房子, 出来透透气而已 |
[21:10] | There’s nothing but banging and yelling. | 那里到处砰砰作响还有喊叫声 |
[21:13] | Place gives me a headache. | 一个让我头痛的地方 |
[21:15] | Why, did you think I wanted to come over here and see you? | 怎么了? 你以为我是专门过来看你的吗? |
[21:18] | – No. – I just needed some quiet. | 不是吗? 我只是需要一点安静 |
[21:20] | – Fine. – That’s all. | 很好 就这样 |
[21:21] | – Got it. – Clear my head. | 我知道了 让我的头脑清醒一下 |
[21:22] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[21:23] | – So aren’t you gonna eat? – Eventually. | 你不想吃吗? 最终会吃的 |
[21:26] | – It gets cold fast. – I can heat it up. | 这个很快就会凉掉的 我再热一下就行了 |
[21:28] | Reheated French fries really suck. | 再加热过的薯条真的很难吃了 |
[21:30] | They do suck. | 是很难吃 |
[21:32] | Yeah, so eat. | 所以现在就吃吧 |
[21:34] | Okay, I will. | 好吧, 我会吃的 |
[21:37] | – You’re still standing there. – You didn’t give me a tip. | 你还站在那里干吗? 因为你没给我小费嘛 |
[21:39] | – You want money? – No. I’ll take a fry, though. | 你想要钱? 不是. 我只想吃根薯条而已 |
[21:42] | Okay. Yeah. Have as much as you want. | 好吧. 你想吃多少就吃多少吧 |
[21:44] | Okay, great. | 嗯, 太好了 |
[21:48] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[21:49] | – Getting ready to eat. – You’re staying? | 准备吃东西啊 你要留在这里吃? |
[21:51] | – Didn’t you just invite me? – No, I… | 你刚刚不是邀请我了吗? 不是啊, 我…. |
[21:54] | You told me to have all I wanted. That sounded invitation-like. | 你刚叫我随便吃的 听起来就是邀请了嘛 |
[21:57] | You want to stay here and eat? | 你想待在这里吃? |
[21:59] | – Beats being at Luke’s. – But… | 比在Luke的店里吃好多了 可是… |
[22:01] | I can’t find my flashcards. | 我找不到我的闪存卡了 |
[22:03] | I didn’t know you had company. | 我不知道你这里有客人 |
[22:05] | This is Paris. We were just studying. | 这位是Paris, 我们只是在学习 |
[22:06] | Don’t worry. I was just leaving. If you find my flashcards, call me. | 别担心, 我就要离开了 如果找到我的闪存卡,打电话给我吧 |
[22:10] | – No. – What? | 先别走 啊? |
[22:11] | Stay for dinner. | 留下来吃晚餐吧 |
[22:12] | – But I thought… – We have a ton of food… | 但我以为…. 我们有很多东西可以吃… |
[22:14] | and we can go over the notes more later. | 而且我们吃完后还可以复习一下笔记 |
[22:16] | – You sure? – Positive. | 你确定吗? 当然 |
[22:18] | – Is that mac and cheese? – Sure is. | 那是奶酪通心粉吗? 当然是了 |
[22:19] | – I love mac and cheese. – Great. | 我就喜欢吃这种 太好了 |
[22:21] | – I’m not allowed to have mac and cheese. – Splurge. | 我不被允许吃这种奶酪通心粉的 太挥霍了 |
[22:24] | Come on, Paris, stay. | Paris留下来吧 |
[22:25] | Do you have a 24-hour pharmacy in case I have an allergic reaction? | 如果万一我有点过敏反应的话 这里有没有二十四小时药房啊? |
[22:29] | – Believe it or not, we do. – Okay. | 信不信由你, 我们这里有的 好吧 |
[22:31] | – Can I borrow your phone? – It’s by the door. | 可以借用你电话吗? 就在门边 |
[22:34] | – Interesting. – What is? | 真有趣 什么意思? |
[22:36] | – You think we need a chaperon? – No, I don’t. | 你觉得我们需要监护人吗? 我没有这种想法 |
[22:38] | – You just invited one. – Just being polite. | 你刚刚不就邀请了一个嘛? 我只是为了礼貌而已 |
[22:41] | Paris is alone tonight… | Paris今晚只有一个人…. |
[22:42] | and you yourself said we have enough food for six. | 你自己还说我们有6人份的东西可以吃 |
[22:44] | – With me, it’s down to four. – With Paris, it’s two. | 如果按我的食量, 应该只有4人份的 加上Paris的食量, 就只能养活2个人了 |
[22:47] | – Works out well. – I think so. | 计算的真精确 我也这么认为 |
[23:13] | My goodness, look at this place. | 我的老天! 看看这里 |
[23:15] | I bet there’s no cucumber slices in the water here. | 这里的水里应该没有黄瓜片吧 |
[23:18] | – Hi, there. Party of two. – Okay. | 嗨, 我们有两位 好的 |
[23:20] | I can take your name, but I won’t have a table for about an hour. | 我先把两位的名字登记下来 不过很可能一个小时内都不会有空桌哦 |
[23:23] | – An hour? – I can’t wait an hour. | 一个小时? 我没办法等一个小时 |
[23:25] | – Me neither. – I’ll pass out. | 我也是 我要饿晕了 |
[23:27] | Go first. You can break my fall. | 你先晕吧, 这样你还可以在我摔倒的时候当垫背的 |
[23:28] | – Can we bribe you? – Sorry. | 我们可以收买你吗? 真对不起 |
[23:30] | – Please? She’s loaded. – Lorelai! | 拜托? 她已经装好子弹了哦 Lorelai! |
[23:33] | A couple of stools opened up at the bar… | 我们那边的酒吧还有一些空位 |
[23:35] | and we serve our entire menu there. | 提供的菜单是一样的 |
[23:36] | That is a great idea. Thanks. Come on. | 这真是个好主意. 谢谢, 快来吧 |
[23:38] | – We can’t eat dinner at a bar. – I don’t wanna wait an hour. | 我们不能在吧台吃晚餐啦 我可不想再等一个小时 |
[23:41] | I’m wearing the wrong shoes for a drive-thru. | 我的鞋子不适合再开车离开这里咯 |
[23:43] | What’ll people think? | 别人会怎么想呢? |
[23:44] | That we’re loose women with questionable morals. | 八成把我们想成是没有道德观念的放荡女人 |
[23:46] | It’s not right to eat dinner when your feet don’t touch the floor. | 吃饭的时候, 如果双脚不踩着地是不适合的行为 |
[23:49] | – What can I get you ladies? – Hi, Steve. Nice to meet you. | 女士们, 我能为你们提供些什么? 嗨, Steve. 很高兴认识你 |
[23:52] | – We will have two martinis? – Why not? | 我们来两杯马丁尼好吗? 当然好啊 |
[23:55] | Two vodka martinis straight up with a twist, very dry, very cold… | 来两杯Vodkatini. 大口干下去, 很干、很爽哇 *注: Vodkatini, 又称vodka martini, 鸡尾酒的一种. |
[23:59] | – and a couple of menus. – And some peanuts. | 再拿菜单给我们 还有一些花生 |
[24:01] | Peanuts. Good idea. | 花生, 好主意 |
[24:02] | Here you go. I’ll get your drinks. | 这个先给你们. 饮料等会就上 |
[24:04] | Thank you. You’re a good man, Steve. | 谢谢. Steve,你真是个好人呀 |
[24:07] | Okay, I’m thinking steak and Caesar salad, if it’s not too anchovy-y. | 好啦, 我要来客牛排. 如果凯萨色拉里没有放太多凤尾鱼的话, 那也来一份吧 |
[24:11] | Do you wanna split a shrimp cocktail to start? | 要不要先来份开胃小菜? |
[24:13] | That sounds fine. | 听起来还不错 |
[24:14] | I just love the idea of shrimp cocktail with a steak dinner, you know? | 我喜欢这个主意, 先来份开胃菜还有一客牛排大餐 |
[24:18] | It’s so casino, Big Joe, steak and shrimp. | 感觉上好像置身在casino里了, 音乐、牛排跟小菜 |
[24:20] | Save some for winter. | 省着点, 留一些到冬天好了 |
[24:22] | I never realized how wonderful peanuts were before. | 我以前从来都没觉得花生会这么好吃啊 |
[24:24] | – Want a refill? – Yes, please. | 要再加满吗? 好的. 谢谢 |
[24:28] | – Cheers, Mom. – Cheers. | 干杯, 妈妈 干杯 |
[24:35] | – I must tell you, I never expected this. – What? | 我必须跟你坦白, 我从未预期会有这种局面发生 什么? |
[24:38] | Me inhaling peanuts at a singles bar. | 我居然待在一个单身酒吧里猛吃着花生 |
[24:40] | This isn’t a singles bar, Mom. It’s a 60-40 bar. | 妈妈 这里不是单身酒吧啦 这是个60-40酒吧 |
[24:42] | A what? | 你在说什么啊? |
[24:43] | 60-year-old men hitting on 40-year-old women. | 六十岁的男人钓上一个四十岁的女人 |
[24:46] | 大多数是已经离婚的 真的? | |
[24:47] | Look around. | 你看一下四周 |
[24:52] | Now, she can do better than that. What does she see in him? | 她可以做得比那个更好的 她是怎么看待他的呀? |
[24:55] | Big will, short life span. The usual draw. | 一大笔的遗产, 生命只剩短暂的时间. 这是通常的推断 |
[24:59] | I wonder if they have pretzels, too. | 我也想知道他们有没有椒盐脆饼 |
[25:02] | Don’t look now, but I think you’re passing for a 40-year-old woman. | Hey, 妈妈, 别抬头 我想他们肯定把你看成一个40岁的女人了 |
[25:05] | What? | 啊? |
[25:06] | 2:00, silver fox, totally checking you out. | 两点钟方向, 银狐. 都已经盯了你半天咯 |
[25:11] | – He is not. – Well, he’s not staring at Steve. | 他才没有呢 他又不是凝视着Steve |
[25:14] | You’re being ridiculous. | 你真是太荒谬了 |
[25:19] | He’s definitely not looking at me. | 他肯定没有盯着我瞧 |
[25:24] | – He’s still looking. – Drink your martini, Lorelai. | 他还在看你唷 Lorelai 喝你的马丁尼吧 |
[25:29] | – A tragic waste of paper. – I can’t believe you just said that. | 真是浪费纸张的悲剧 我简直不敢相信你会这么说 |
[25:32] | It’s true. The Beats’ writing was completely self-indulgent. | 这是真的. Beats’写的东西根本就是自我放纵 *注:The Beat Generation指的是在50年末60年初的 一组美国作家 Jack Kerouac是其中的一位成员 |
[25:35] | I have one word for Jack Kerouac: Edit. | 对Jack Kerouac, 我只有一个词来形容: 编辑 |
[25:37] | It was not self-indulgent. The Beats believed in shocking people… | 那才不是自我放纵呢 The Beats的信仰一直都冲击着广大群众 |
[25:40] | stirring things up. | 激动人心. |
[25:41] | They believed in drugs, booze, and petty crime. | 他们相信毒品、暴饮, 还有犯点无关紧要的小罪 |
[25:44] | They expose you to a world you wouldn’t have otherwise known. | 他们用不同的方法, 使你接触到一个你完全不想知道的世界 |
[25:46] | Isn’t it what great writing’s about? | 难道这不是巨著吗? |
[25:48] | It wasn’t great writing. It was the National Enquirer of the ’50s. | 这个不是什么伟大的著作. 只能说是我们国家50年代的探寻者 |
[25:51] | – You’re cracked. – Typical guy response. | 你精神失常了 很有代表性的答复 |
[25:53] | Worship Kerouac and Bukowski. | 敬仰Kerouac和Bukowski *注:Charles Bukowski为40年代的作家. 常被拿来跟Jack Kerouac他们这些The Beats相提并论 |
[25:54] | God forbid you pick up anything by Jane Austen. | 上帝禁止你引用Jane Austen的话 |
[25:56] | – I’ve read Jane Austen. – You have? | 我看过Jane Austen的书了 你真的看过? |
[25:58] | Yeah. And I think she would have liked Bukowski. | 对啊. 我觉得她应该也会喜欢Bukowski |
[26:01] | – What are you doing? – Salt and peppered it. | 你在干什么呀? 洒上盐和胡椒粉嘛 |
[26:03] | – Only way to eat a fry. – Really? | 这是吃薯条的唯一办法 真的? |
[26:04] | It’s fast-food gospel. | 这是快餐食品的准则啦 |
[26:09] | That’s good. That’s really good. | 味道不错, 真的很不错呢 |
[26:11] | – Do you like hot sauce? – I don’t know. Should I? | 喜欢辣椒酱吗? 我不知道. 我应该要喜欢吗? |
[26:14] | I think it’s wise. | 我觉得这是明智的选择 |
[26:16] | Hello? | 哈��? |
[26:18] | – Where are you? – On my way to see you, if that’s okay. | 你在哪里? 如果没关系的话, 我是在去看你的路上 |
[26:21] | I know you wanna be alone. I’ll only stay a minute. | 我知道你想独处 所以我只会待一会儿的 |
[26:24] | – I just want to say hi. – You said hi. | 我只是想跟你打个招呼 你已经打过招呼了 |
[26:26] | – I want to say hi a little closer. – But I’m a mess. | 我是想跟你近距离打招呼嘛 但我现在整个人乱七八糟的 |
[26:29] | It’s not pretty. You won’t recognize me. | 一点都不漂亮 你肯定没办法认出我了 |
[26:31] | Then put a nametag on, ’cause I miss you. | 那么就在胸前别上识别证吧 我想你 |
[26:33] | – I miss you, too, but… – But what? | 我也想你, 但…. 但是什么? |
[26:36] | – Paris is here. – Why? | Paris在我这里 为什么? |
[26:38] | She freaked out about a grade and wanted to go over notes. | 她被自己的成绩吓坏了 所以想复习一下上课的笔记 |
[26:41] | You know her, she will not be denied. | 你是知道她的. 她不接受拒绝 |
[26:43] | I’m not really ruining your alone night. Someone else did that. | 原来不是我毁了你独处的夜晚 而是其它人做的 |
[26:46] | – Yes, but… – I’ll see you in a sec. | 对的. 但…. 我马上就到了 |
[26:48] | Can’t get into poetry. | 真是没有诗意 |
[26:50] | It’s like,’Jeez, just say it already. We’re dying here. ‘ | 就好像”哎呀! 先前已经说过了. 我们将会死在这里” |
[26:52] | I just noticed the time, and it’s getting really late. | 我刚看了下时间, 现在真的已经很晚了 |
[26:56] | It’s 7:00. | 现在才七点啊 |
[26:57] | I know, but Paris and I still have a lot more studying to do. | 我知道, 但Paris和我还要复习很多东西呢 |
[27:00] | Jess, please thank Luke for me. It was really nice of him. | Jess, 请替我向Luke道谢. 他真的非常好心 |
[27:03] | – Who was that on the phone? – No one. | 谁打来的电话呀? 没有人 |
[27:05] | ‘No one’ wouldn’t be heading over here, would he? | 这个”没有人”马上就要过来了, 是不是? |
[27:07] | – What’s going on? – Nothing. | 现在是怎么了? 没什么 |
[27:09] | Dean’s on his way, and Rory doesn’t want him to find me. | Dean在过来的路上, Rory不希望他看到我在这里 |
[27:11] | – Why? – You know why. | 为什么? 你知道的 |
[27:13] | – We’re just eating dinner. – Jess, I’m asking you as a friend. | 我们只是在一起吃晚餐啊 Jess, 我以朋友的身份恳求你 |
[27:16] | – Please leave now. – You really want me to go? | 请先离开吧 你真的想要我走? |
[27:19] | I really want to avoid a fight with Dean. | 我真的想避免再跟Dean吵架了 |
[27:22] | – Okay, I’m going. – Thank you. | 好吧. 那我走了 谢谢你 |
[27:27] | What? | 怎么啦? |
[27:28] | I just twisted my ankle. I better go lie down. | 我扭到脚踝了,最好还是去躺躺 |
[27:32] | You’re no fun when you’re tense. Are you sure you want me to go? | 你紧张的时候真是很无趣 你真的希望我离开吗? |
[27:36] | Maybe this can be solved between me and Dean… | 或许这个情况可以解决我和Dean之间的问题 |
[27:38] | if we had a little heart-to-heart. | 如果我们能诚恳地谈一谈. |
[27:40] | He could tell me his issues, I’ll tell him mine. | 他可以告诉我他的问题 我也可以告诉他我的 |
[27:42] | – I promise I’ll speak slowly. – Bye. | 我发誓我会慢慢的说话 再见 |
[27:46] | Give him my best, would you? | 你会帮我传达我的善意吗? |
[27:48] | Actually, I guess I could do that myself. | 实际上我想我自己可以做到的 |
[27:51] | Dean, Jess just came by to bring me some food. | Dean, Jess刚送些食物来给我 |
[27:53] | From Luke’s. | 是从Luke店里拿来的 |
[27:54] | – He wanted to make sure I ate. – Luke did. | 他想确认我已经吃了 是Luke想确认的. |
[27:56] | Personally, I could care less if she eats. | 我个人是一点都不在乎她有没有吃东西 |
[27:58] | True, he could care less. | 对啊, 他真的一点都不在乎 |
[28:00] | I see you brought a little something, too. | 我看到你也带了一些吃的东西过来 |
[28:02] | Is that ice cream? That’s so nice. | 那是冰淇淋吗? 真是好极了 |
[28:06] | A tiny little ice-cream package just big enough for two. | 小桶冰淇淋, 只够两个人吃 |
[28:08] | Are you guys gonna feed each other? ‘Cause that’s just so darn cute. | 你们会喂对方吗? 那样真的好可爱 |
[28:14] | You’re doing that towering-over-me thing. | 你现在真的利用身高优势了 |
[28:16] | I tell you, you’ve really got that down. | 我告诉你, 你真的弄倒它了 |
[28:19] | It helps that you’re 12 feet tall. | 它可以让你有12英尺高 |
[28:21] | But this Frankenstein scowl really adds to the whole… | 但你这副Frankenstein式的臭脸真的让整个…. *注:Frankenstein为Mary Shelley小说中的主人翁 中译为”科学怪人” |
[28:24] | – Jess! – Okay, I’m going. | Jess! 好吧, 我走了 |
[28:28] | Look, man, I really was just dropping off some food… | 听着, 我真的只是拿些食物过来而已 |
[28:31] | so don’t get all West Side Story on me, okay? | 所以别把纠纷跟冲突扣到我头上好不好? *注:《West Side Story》上映于1961年, 以曼哈顿西部贫民区为背景 展现了现代罗密欧与朱丽叶的爱情悲剧, 以及流氓阿飞的暴力活动情景 |
[28:35] | So, do you want to come in? | 恩..你想…进来吗? |
[28:38] | What the hell is going on? | 到底发生什么事了? |
[28:41] | – Dean, you remember Paris, right? – Yeah, hi. | Dean, 你还记得Paris吗? 嗯. 嗨 |
[28:45] | So Jess just dropped this off? | 所以Jess刚刚只是送这些东西过来? |
[28:48] | Now, I know you eat fast, but this is a lot of food to put away that quickly… | 我知道你一向吃东西的速度很快 但就算你今天保持在最好的状态 |
[28:52] | – even on your best day. – Okay, he didn’t just drop it off. | 这么一大堆的东西吃到剩这一些也太快一点了吧 好吧, 他不是只送东西过来而已 |
[28:55] | – You told me you were doing laundry. – I was. | 你跟我说你要洗衣服的 我是在洗衣服啊 |
[28:57] | And now you’re here with Jess. | 但是你现在却跟Jess在一起 |
[28:58] | – And Paris. – Jess, Rory! | 还有Paris也在 Rory, 我说的是Jess! |
[29:00] | I swear, I didn’t… | 我可以发誓, 我没有…. |
[29:02] | – You didn’t know he was coming over? – I didn’t. | 你不知道他会过来? 我不知道 |
[29:04] | – You also didn’t know he’d stay? – It just happened. | 那你也不知道他会留下来? 那只是碰巧的 |
[29:07] | – How does that just happen? – Well, he was… | 怎么会那么碰巧? 他只是…. |
[29:09] | And the diner was… And I… | 还有餐厅… 我…. |
[29:13] | And you what? Say something! | 你怎么? 说啊! |
[29:15] | – Stop yelling. – You totally lied to me. | 别吼了 你根本就是在欺骗我 |
[29:17] | – I didn’t. – Turn the situation around. | 我没有 你完全扭曲了事实 |
[29:19] | – How’s it looking? – Complicated… | 不然我该怎么看待? 实在太复杂了 |
[29:21] | – and I’m trying to explain it. – That’s crap. | 我想要解释 免了 |
[29:23] | – It’s my fault. – What? | 这全是我的错 什么? |
[29:26] | It’s my fault that Jess was here. | Jess会在这里全是我造成的 |
[29:29] | I saw him in the diner the day I came to Stars Hollow… | 那天去Stars Hollow时我在餐厅看到了他 |
[29:32] | and I thought he was cute, and since I’m not great… | 我觉得他很可爱, 因为我对那种 |
[29:34] | at the ‘batting the eyelashes, look at my belly shirt’ kind of thing… | “煽动睫毛、穿着中空装” 这些惹人注意的本领不强 |
[29:38] | I asked Rory to help me. | 所以我只好请Rory帮我忙 |
[29:39] | I thought if she could maybe get him over here, we’d have a chance to talk… | 我只是想如果她能把他叫过来 或许我就有机会能跟他说上话 |
[29:43] | and I don’t know. It seems totally stupid now… | 我不知道 现在看来事情变得蠢透了 |
[29:46] | and it obviously didn’t work, shock, but that’s why he was here. | 而且明显没什么用 但这的确是他会在这里的原因 |
[29:51] | – Thanks for trying to cover for me. – That’s okay. | 谢谢你试着为我掩饰 没什么的 |
[29:53] | Anyway, I should get going. | 无论如何, 我得回家了 |
[29:55] | I’m probably gonna break out in some sort of rash any second now. | 我想我大概是挑错时间, 而且来得太仓促了 |
[30:04] | – So Paris likes Jess. – Yeah. | 也就是说Paris喜欢Jess 嗯 |
[30:10] | Rory, is this true? | Rory, 这是真的吗? |
[30:13] | – Yes, it is. – Paris and Jess? | 是真的 Paris和Jess? |
[30:15] | I know. There’s no explaining attraction. | 我知道, 这个答案并不是太吸引人 |
[30:19] | Dean, listen to me. | Dean, 听我说 |
[30:21] | If I was going to have anyone over tonight, it definitely would have been you. | 如果我真的想让谁陪我渡过这一夜的话 肯定也是你啦 |
[30:25] | – Okay. – Really? | 好的 真的? |
[30:27] | If you say so, then I have to believe it, don’t I? | 既然你已经这么说了, 我就不得不信了 不是吗? |
[30:31] | – Yes. – Okay, then. | 对 好吧, 那么 |
[30:35] | Sorry that I yelled. | 我为刚才对你大吼大叫而道歉 |
[30:36] | Completely justified under the circumstances. | 在刚刚那种情况下是情有可原的 |
[30:40] | – I gotta get going. – No, wait. | 我得走了 不, 等一下 |
[30:42] | Don’t you wanna stay for ice cream? We could hang out. | 你不想留下来吃冰淇淋吗? 我们还可以一起呆会 |
[30:45] | – No, I’m just gonna go. – I’m still seeing you tomorrow, right? | 不了, 我要走了 我明天还是可以见到你吗? |
[30:48] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[30:59] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见了 |
[31:11] | – What was that? – What? | 你为什么刚才要那么说? 啊? |
[31:13] | That. The story. The save. | 就是你说的那个故事. |
[31:15] | You helped me. Why would you do that? | 你帮我一个大忙. 你为什么会那么做? |
[31:17] | I don’t know. It just came out. | 我也不知道. 我是突然想出来的 |
[31:19] | – You have no idea what you did. – It was no big deal. | 你根本就不知道你做了什么 这没什么大不了的 |
[31:21] | No, it was a very big deal. It was a huge deal. | 不, 这很重要. 真的非常重要 |
[31:25] | You helped me tonight when you didn’t want to, so I owed you. | 你今晚帮了我这个大忙 所以我欠你一份情 |
[31:29] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | 谢谢你 不用客气 |
[31:32] | Okay, I’ll let you get back to your alone night. | 好啦, 现在我要把你独处的夜晚还给你咯 |
[31:35] | You should stay. | 你应该留下来的 |
[31:37] | – Stay? – Yeah. | 留下来? 嗯 |
[31:39] | We could hang out, maybe watch some TV. | 我们可以一起呆一会 也许还可以看看电视 |
[31:41] | You can spend the night if you don’t want to drive back. | 如果你不想开车回去 可以在我家过夜 |
[31:43] | – Spend the night? Like a slumber party? – Sort of. | 过夜? 就跟睡衣派对那样? 是啊 |
[31:46] | You’re doing this ’cause I lied to Dean for you, right? | 是因为我为了你跟Dean说谎, 你才准备做这些的, 是不是? |
[31:49] | I’m doing this because it’s what you do with friends. | 我会这么做只因为你做了朋友会做的事 |
[31:52] | We’re friends? | 我们是朋友吗? |
[31:53] | I’m not sure if there’s an exact definition for what we are… | 我无法精确的为我们的关系下定义 |
[31:56] | but I do think it falls somewhere in the bizarro friends-ish realm. | 但我想我们肯定是属于朋友范围内的 |
[32:00] | – Come on, stay. – Okay. | 留下来吧 好吧 |
[32:03] | But if you’re doing all this so you can freeze my bra, I’ll kill you. | 但如果你以为你做了这些, 就可以冻牢我的内衣的话, 我会杀了你 |
[32:07] | Duly noted. | 真是适时的提醒 |
[32:10] | This is either the greatest steak I’ve ever eaten… | 不是因为这是我吃过的最好吃的牛排 |
[32:13] | or I’m so hungry, I’m delirious. | 也不是因为我太饿, 而是我精神错乱了 |
[32:14] | Pass the horseradish, please. | 帮个忙, 把辣根酱递过来给我 |
[32:16] | I never knew you were a spicy girl. | 我从来都不知道你会吃辣的 |
[32:18] | Believe me, I can handle my heat. | 相信我, 我会控制好自己的 |
[32:20] | One summer when we were first married… | 当我们新婚时的那个夏天 |
[32:22] | your father and I stayed in this village in Thailand… | 我和你爸爸在泰国的一个度假村度蜜月 |
[32:24] | where we spent two weeks eating viciously hot chilies… | 我们在那里住了两个星期 吃的都是超级辣的辣椒 |
[32:27] | – and skinny-dipping. – Stop, Mom. | 然后就去裸泳 别说了. 妈妈 |
[32:29] | You couldn’t put your clothes on after eating those. | 吃完那些辣死人的东西后, 根本就没办法穿着衣服 |
[32:31] | Stop it! I like to think of parents the old-fashioned way. | 别说了. 我个人比较喜欢父母传统一些 |
[32:34] | In separate bedrooms. | 睡在不同的房间里 |
[32:35] | And now it’s time for my favorite part of the evening: | 现在到了晚上我最喜欢的时段了 |
[32:39] | Our salute to the Chairman of the Board. | 让我们向董事会的主席致敬 |
[32:42] | I sure hope that’s not B-O-R-E-D. | 我真的希望那不是指”厌烦” |
[32:54] | – Mom? – Yes? | 妈妈? 嗯? |
[32:56] | Remember the man who wasn’t staring at you? | 还记不记得那个”没有盯着你看”的男人? |
[32:58] | He wasn’t staring at me. | 他本来就没有盯着我看 |
[33:00] | – Okay. Well, he’s coming over. – What? | 好吧. 他没有盯着你看, 不过他现在走过来了 什么? |
[33:02] | Excuse me. I hope I’m not interrupting. | 抱歉. 希望我没有打扰到两位 |
[33:05] | I couldn’t help but notice that you two are having more fun than anyone here. | 我无法不注意你们, 因为两位比这里其它的人玩得都开心 |
[33:08] | – That’s true. We are. – Well, good. | 对. 的确是的 很好 |
[33:10] | I’ve come to the right place. Hi, I’m Chad. | 我真是来对了地方. 嗨, 我是Chad |
[33:13] | Hi, Chad. I’m Lorelai. This is my mother, Emily. | 嘿, Chad. 我是Lorelai 这位是我母亲Emily |
[33:17] | Your mother? | 你的母亲? |
[33:18] | If your next words are, ‘You can’t possibly be old enough… | 假如你下一句想说, “你还没有大到… |
[33:22] | ‘to be her mother,’ I’ll have to cause you severe physical pain. | 足以当她妈妈的年龄吧?” 我会让你的身体受到严重的创伤 |
[33:25] | Emily, do you share this rather extreme opinion? | Emily, 你同意这个极端的见解吗? |
[33:29] | I think I’ll stay out of it. | 我想我还是置身事外比较好 |
[33:31] | In that case, let me just say that I think you look more like sisters… | 如果是那样的话, 我想说的是你们看来更像一对姐妹 |
[33:34] | than mother and daughter. I went for a variation. | 而不是一对母女. 我来这里是让自己稍微变化一下 |
[33:37] | I’ll let it slide this time. | 这次我真的爱莫能助了 |
[33:39] | – You two local or just visiting? – Visiting. | 你们是本地人还是来这里游玩的? 来这里游玩的 |
[33:42] | – Mom’s from Hartford, and I’m from… – Hartford? Great town. | 我妈是Hartford的人, 而我是… Hartford? 很不错的一个城市 |
[33:46] | Little of the old, little of the new. | 那里是个新旧融合的好地方 |
[33:48] | – You like living there? – Yes, I do. | 你喜欢住在那个地方吗? 我喜欢 |
[33:51] | – And how about you? Where do you live? – Here. | 你呢? 你住在哪里? 这里 |
[33:53] | By here, I mean this very bar stool. | 就是这里, 我指的是在这个酒吧的凳子上 |
[33:56] | Admitting right off the bat that you spend your life in a bar. | 也就是说你的一生全都在酒吧里度过的 |
[33:59] | Do you find that people are impressed by that? | 你发现这种生活方式会给人极深的印象吗? |
[34:02] | Until now. | 直到目前为止 |
[34:04] | I love this song. | 我很喜欢这首歌 |
[34:06] | – It’s a great song for dancing. – Yes, it is. | 这是支非常适合跳舞的曲子 的确是的 |
[34:10] | – Help me out here, will you? – I think he’s asking you to dance. | 带我离开这里好吗? 我想他是想邀请你跳舞 |
[34:13] | What? No, I couldn’t. | 什么? 不要, 我不会跳舞 |
[34:16] | Rumor has it you love this song. | 传说中你非常喜欢这支歌的 |
[34:18] | Yes, but I don’t dance. | 是很喜欢, 但我不跳舞的 |
[34:21] | Come on, I can’t believe that. | 来吧, 我才不信呢 |
[34:23] | – I shouldn’t leave my daughter alone. – That’s okay. | 我不能让我女儿一个人待在这里 没关系啦 |
[34:25] | The sitter will be here soon. | 会有其它人来照顾我的 |
[34:26] | I’m serious. You should ask someone else. | 我是很认真的. 你应该去请别人跳舞 |
[34:28] | Is it my dancing? | 你们这样做,是因为我来邀请你跳舞吗? |
[34:29] | Because you two can work out some ‘save me’ signal… | 因为你们之间发出了那种”帮我解围”的信号 |
[34:32] | in case I really embarrass you. | 如果我真的让你觉得局促不安的话 |
[34:34] | Go ahead, Mom. It’ll be fun. | 去跳舞吧, 妈妈. 会很好玩的 |
[34:35] | Come on, the song’s almost over. | 走啦, 这首歌就快演奏完了 |
[34:38] | You’ll hardly have to spend any time at all with me. | 你将很难拒绝跟我一起渡过的任何时间 |
[34:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[35:06] | – Your mom looks good out there. – Yeah, she sure does. | 你妈妈看上去真开心 对, 她是很开心 |
[35:50] | I’m sorry, I have to go. | 对不起, 我得走了 |
[35:53] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[35:58] | – Mom, what’s wrong? – We’re leaving. | 妈妈, 怎么啦? 我们走吧 |
[36:01] | – What happened? – I shouldn’t be doing this. | 发生什么了? 我根本就不该这样的 |
[36:03] | – Doing what? – Fraternizing with other men. | 怎样啊? 对别的男人这么友善 |
[36:05] | – What are you talking about? – I practically cheated on your father. | 你到底在说什么啊? 我几乎是对你爸爸不忠了 |
[36:08] | – You did not cheat on Dad. – I danced with another man. | 你没有对爸爸不忠啊 我跟其它男人跳舞了 |
[36:11] | You’ve danced with other men before. | 你以前也跟其它的男人跳过舞啊 |
[36:13] | Not like that, not without your father present. | 跟这次不一样, 之前每一次都有你爸爸在场的 |
[36:15] | It was just a dance. You were having fun. | 只是跳舞而已. 你们也玩得很开心啊 |
[36:17] | I need to go. How hard is it to find a coat? | 我必须要走了. 只是找件外套有这么难吗? |
[36:20] | Mom, you didn’t do anything wrong. | 妈妈, 你并没做错什么 |
[36:22] | I don’t know why I let you take me to this chophouse. I don’t go to chophouses. | 我不知道我为什么会跟你进这种小餐馆, 我从不进这样的小餐馆的 |
[36:25] | – What were you thinking? – Need food now? | 你在想什么呀? 想吃东西? |
[36:28] | I certainly don’t eat at bars. Hookers eat at bars. | 我从不在酒吧里吃饭, 只有妓女才会在吧台吃东西 |
[36:30] | – Only if they can’t get a table. – You’re not funny. | 只有在她们无法找到位子的情况之下 你说的一点都不好玩 |
[36:32] | You knew this made me uncomfortable and yet you kept pushing. | 你明明知道这样会让我不舒服, 还怂恿我过去 |
[36:35] | I was trying to do everything right. | 我已经试着把每件事做好了 |
[36:37] | You manipulated me into taking this trip and still I came. | 你设计我来这里, 然后我来了 |
[36:40] | You told me I was acting like a teenager so I tried to be nicer. | 你说我表现个小孩一样, 所以我也试着和善一点 |
[36:43] | You said you needed to eat so I made that happen. | 你说你饿了, 所以我也找到了餐厅 |
[36:45] | By sitting me at a bar where you forced me… | 可是你竟然叫我坐在一个酒吧里 |
[36:47] | to engage in inappropriate behavior. | 然后又强迫我去做些不恰当的行为 |
[36:49] | – What? – You let me get 60-40’d. | 什么? 你让我被六十岁的男人看上了 |
[36:52] | You are crazy. Do you know that? | 你疯了. 你知道吗? |
[36:55] | We were having dinner, Mom, a nice dinner. We were talking. | 妈妈, 我们吃了一顿很不错的晚餐, 而且我们还聊了很多 |
[36:58] | Hell, we were having fun. | 见鬼了, 我们真的很开心啊 |
[37:00] | Watching your mother make an ass of herself is fun. | 看着你妈妈做蠢事也很开心吗? |
[37:02] | You don’t have any right to complain about this relationship… | 如果你一刻也不放松戒备, 让你自己看起来正常一点的话 |
[37:05] | if you don’t wanna let your guard down once in a while and just be normal. | 你就没有任何权利来抱怨我们的关系 |
[37:09] | There’s a way for a mother to behave with her daughter. | 这就是母女相处之道 |
[37:12] | I’m sorry if you don’t like it, but that’s how it is. | 如果你不喜欢这样的话, 我非常抱歉 但事实上就是如此 |
[37:32] | Come in. | 请进 |
[37:35] | I called the bellman to get the bags. He said it would be 10 minutes. | 我打电话给柜台人员, 来收这些行李 他说十分钟后会来 |
[37:38] | – Thank you for agreeing to leave early. – No problem. | 谢谢你同意我们早一点离开 没问题 |
[37:41] | I guess this whole thing was a silly idea anyway. | 我觉得这整件事都非常的愚蠢 |
[37:43] | I don’t know why I pushed it. | 我不知道为什么还会大力推动这次的SPA之旅 |
[37:45] | We can’t even have dinner without a fight. | 我们连只是吃个饭都免不了吵架 |
[37:47] | What was I thinking, putting us together for a weekend? | 我到底在想什么呀 竟然会想让我们两个一起渡过一个周末 |
[37:49] | It was a nice thought, Mom. | 妈妈, 这是个非常好的想法. |
[37:50] | I guess it’s the thought that counts, isn’t it? | 我想这个想法还是好的,是不是? |
[37:53] | You know, if you want, I can just bring our bags down. | 如果你愿意, 我现在就把我们的行李提下去 |
[37:56] | They’re not that heavy. Then we don’t have to wait. | 行李并不是很重, 这样我们就不用等行李员了 |
[37:58] | Well, that sounds fine. | 好吧, 这样也不错 |
[38:03] | Why can’t we have what you and Rory have? | 为什么我们就不能像你跟Rory那样相处呢? |
[38:08] | – Rory and I are different. – We’re mother and daughter. | Rory和我的个性不一样 我们是母女 |
[38:10] | You’re mother and daughter. It shouldn’t be different. | 你们也是母女 不是应该是一样的吗? |
[38:13] | It’s completely different. It couldn’t be more different. | 当然完全不同 再也没有比这个差距还要更大的了 |
[38:15] | But why? | 为什么? |
[38:17] | I grew up in a different environment. | 我跟她是在完全不一样的环境里长大的 |
[38:20] | – You mean an oppressive environment. – No, I mean a different environment. | 你的意思是说你在一个很压抑的环境里长大吗? 不是. 我只是说一个截然不同的环境 |
[38:24] | And plus, I was so young when I had Rory. | 再说, 我生Rory的时候年纪还非常小 |
[38:26] | So because I waited until I was grown and married… | 如果像你所说的, 我一直等到长大成人后结婚, 才生了女儿 |
[38:29] | I can’t have a relationship with my daughter. | 所以我跟我的女儿才会无法和平共处 |
[38:31] | – No. – Well, then, why? | 不是 那到底是为什么呢? |
[38:38] | Rory and I are best friends, Mom. | Rory和我是彼此最好的朋友, 妈妈 |
[38:41] | We are best friends first and mother and daughter second. | 我们先是成为好朋友, 然后才是母女 |
[38:45] | And you and I are mother and daughter always. | 而你跟我就一直只是母女的关系而已 |
[38:47] | I wasn’t taught to be best friends with my daughter. | 没有人教导过我, 要跟自己的女儿做最好的朋友 |
[38:51] | I was taught to be a role model for my daughter. | |
[38:53] | I know that, too. | 这个我也明白 |
[38:55] | I did what I thought was right, what I had to do to protect you. | 我做我认为正确的事情, 竭尽所能的保护你 |
[38:58] | Because of this, we have no relationship. | 就因为这些, 所以我们没有办法好好的相处 |
[39:00] | – Mom, we have a relationship. – We do? | 妈妈, 我们之间也有良好的互动的 我们有吗? |
[39:03] | What? What is our relationship? | 是什么? 我们之间有什么好的互动关系啊? |
[39:06] | – Well, we… – Exactly. | 嗯, 我们… 一点也没错 |
[39:12] | Maybe an intense weekend together was not the best idea for us. | 也许对我们两个来说, 一起渡周末并不是一个好主意 |
[39:15] | Maybe we need to start with something simpler. | 或许我们需要从简单一点的事情开始 |
[39:19] | – Like what? A brisk walk around the block? – No, I hate exercise. | 比如什么? 在街区附近散散步? 不, 我痛恨运动 |
[39:23] | – Well, as long as you find this amusing. – Mom. | 只要你发现运动或散步的乐趣后, 就不会这么痛恨了 妈妈 |
[39:25] | Come on, there has to be something else. | 来吧, 肯定还有别的事情可以一起做的 |
[39:30] | – Something small. – Like what? | 小的事情 例如? |
[39:39] | Where are you going? Lorelai, come back here. | 你要去哪里? Lorelai回来这里 |
[39:41] | You don’t just walk out on a person. That’s rude. | 你不能说话说到一半, 就这样走开了 那是很不礼貌的行为 |
[39:45] | – That’s a robe. – Yes. This is my robe. | 那是件浴袍 对啊. 这是我的袍子 |
[39:48] | And I want you to go into your room and get your robe. | 现在我要你去你的房间, 拿你的袍子过来 |
[39:51] | And then, exactly at the same time… | 然后呢, 就在同一个时间 |
[39:53] | we’re gonna shove these robes in our suitcases… | 我们把这些浴袍塞到我们行李箱里 |
[39:56] | and we’re gonna walk out that door and leave with them. | 然后我们就走出这个门, 带着我们的袍子离开 |
[39:58] | – That’s stealing. – Yes, it is. | 那是偷盗 对啊 |
[40:00] | You want me to steal? That’s how we’re going to bond? | 你要我去偷东西? 我们这样就会把关系拉的更紧密吗? |
[40:03] | You love this robe. You’ve talked about this robe since we got here. | 妈,你非常喜欢这件袍子, 我们一到这里你就一直说个不停 |
[40:06] | So this robe will be symbolic of our trip together. | 或许这件浴袍将成为我们这趟旅行的回忆与纪念 |
[40:09] | Soon as they check the room, they’ll know the robes are gone. | 噢,你疯了, 他们只要一查房间 就会知道袍子不见的 |
[40:12] | – Then they’ll charge our credit card. – How do you know? | 然后他们就会从我们信用卡上扣钱的 你怎么会知道? |
[40:15] | Because that’s what the tag on the hanger says. | 因为他们的衣架上有个小标签这么写的 |
[40:17] | The little tag on the hanger could be right, or the little tag could just be there… | 衣架上这张条子当然有可能是对的 不过还有一个可能 |
[40:22] | trying to scare us away from trying. | 说不定只是写来吓唬我们的呢 |
[40:24] | Either way, whether we get away with it or not… | 无论怎样, 不管我们能不能成功的偷走它 |
[40:26] | it’s something we did. You and I. | 这都是我们两个一起做的事情. 就是你和我 |
[40:29] | You’re serious. | 你是说真的啊 |
[40:32] | – I’m folding this robe up. – Lorelai. | 我已经折好咯 Lorelai |
[40:35] | – I’m putting this robe in my bag. – That’s lunacy. | 我把它放进我行李了 你疯了 |
[40:39] | I am zipping up the bag that contains the robe. | 我把装有浴袍的行李拉上拉链了 |
[40:41] | – I have a perfectly good robe at home. – The only question is… | 我已经有件非常好的袍子在家里 重点是…. |
[40:45] | am I doing it alone? | 你不愿意跟我一起做这件事吗? |
[40:48] | Did you ever steal a robe with Rory? | 你曾经跟Rory一起偷过袍子吗? |
[40:50] | No, Rory would never steal. She’s far too moral for that. | 没有. Rory从来都不偷东西的 她的道德观很强 |
[40:53] | You, however, vicious trollop… | 然而你这个堕落的荡妇…. |
[40:57] | what’s it gonna be? | 会怎么样呢? |
[41:00] | I should have my head examined. | 我应该去检查一下我的脑袋 |
[41:01] | We’ll make an appointment when we get back. | 等我们回去后再预约个时间吧 |
[41:03] | You do know in the course of one night… | 你知道在这一夜之间 |
[41:05] | you’ve turned me into an adulterer and a thief. | 你就让我变成一个通奸者和小偷了 |
[41:08] | I’ll have you working at the Chicken Ranch soon. | 我很快就会让你去妓院工作的 |
[41:10] | I cannot believe I’m doing this. | 我简直不敢相信自己竟然做了这种事 |
[41:24] | You actually got Grandma to steal a bathrobe? | 你真的让祖母偷了件浴袍吗? |
[41:26] | I did catch her trying to return it while I was getting the car. | 当我上车时她还一直想还掉它, 结果被我逮个正着 |
[41:30] | Life with my mother: One step forward, 5,000 steps back. | |
[41:33] | It’s kind of like the spastic polka. | 有点像麻痹患者在跳波尔卡舞 |
[41:35] | – Excuse me. Are you done? – No, sorry, not yet. | 抱歉, 你吃完了没有? 没有. 对不起, 我还没有吃完 |
[41:38] | You’re gonna eat half a piece of bacon that’s been there for 10 minutes? | 所以你还要吃那半块放在那里 已经10分钟了的培根吗? |
[41:41] | You must be if you’re saying you’re not done. | 因为你说你没吃完,所以你肯定会吃掉, |
[41:43] | Because that’s the only thing left. Unless you eat plates. | 因为那是唯一剩下的东西了 除非你连盘子也想吃掉 |
[41:46] | – Go away. – You’re hogging the table. | 走开啦 你霸占了这张桌子 |
[41:48] | – If you keep it up, I’m ordering seconds. – Fine. | 如果你坚持的话, 我会再叫第二份的 算你狠 |
[41:51] | Paris looked a little green this morning. | Paris今天早上看起来脸色有点发青 |
[41:53] | She had a sugar-carb hangover of monumental proportions. | 她对于糖跟碳水化合物的反应太极端了 |
[41:55] | People don’t realize it, but it takes years of training to eat the way we do. | 人们可能没有一直没有意识到, 但我们也花了许多年才学会了现在吃东西的方式 |
[41:59] | – Don’t I know it. – So what’s on the agenda for today? | 我知道 那么今天有什么安排呢? |
[42:02] | Dean, Dean, and… Oh, did I mention Dean? | Dean, Dean, 呃… 我提到Dean了吗? |
[42:05] | Wow, he must have been crazy mad last night. | 哇, 他昨晚肯定是气到疯掉了 |
[42:07] | I’d say that was a fair assessment. | 真是公正的评估 |
[42:09] | I gotta get to the Inn. | 我现在得去旅馆了 |
[42:11] | Okay. I’m probably gonna have dinner with Dean, so… | 好的. 我很可能会跟Dean一起吃晚饭, 所以… |
[42:14] | I’ll have the house to myself tonight. Life’s funny, isn’t it? | 那么今晚就我一个人留在家里了 生活真是美好,不是吗? |
[42:17] | I simply cannot stop laughing. I’ll get the check. | 我简直要忍不住笑出来了 我会去买单的 |
[42:20] | Thanks, hon. | 谢谢, 亲爱的 |
[42:23] | – Hey, Luke. – What, you find a nail in your food? | 嘿, Luke 怎么啦? 你在食物里发现了钉子吗? |
[42:25] | I swear to God, Tom, you are dead. You hear me? Dead! | Tom, 我跟上帝发誓你死定了! 你听见没有? 你真的死定了! |
[42:29] | There’s nothing wrong with the food, Luke. | Luke,食物没什么问题 |
[42:32] | – I just wanted to thank you. – For what? | |
[42:34] | – The care package. That was sweet of you. – What care package? | 昨晚送来的东西啊. 你真的非常好心 什么爱心食物包? |
[42:37] | Luke, I think they hit the water line again. | Luke, 我想他们又打中水管了 |
[42:40] | What? Tom, you are dead. You hear me? Dead! | 什么? Tom, 你死定了! 听到没有? 你真的死定了! |
[42:45] | – Interesting. – You wanna pay? | 真有趣啊 你要付钱吗? |
[42:47] | I don’t think Luke knew about the food last night. | 我不认为Luke知道昨晚食物的事. |
[42:50] | That’ll be $12.50. | 这些总共12块5 |
[42:51] | You lied about why you came over. | 也就是说你撒谎了 |
[42:53] | I don’t have any quarters. I’ll have to give nickels. | 我没有面额大一点的硬币找给你 看来我只得找五分镍币给你了 |
[42:55] | Why would you lie about something like that? | 你为什么要撒那样的谎? |
[42:58] | Here’s your change. Come again soon. | 这是你的找零. 请再来惠顾 |
[43:00] | – You wanted to come. – I have to get back to work. | 你是自己想去我家的 我得回去工作了 |
[43:02] | You’re squirming. I’ve never seen you squirm. It’s entertaining. | 你有些局促不安. 我从来没看过你这个样子 太有趣了. |
[43:05] | – Oh, yeah? – Yeah. | 是吗? 当然 |
[43:12] | Rory’s just inside paying. She’s coming out to meet you after. | Rory在里面付钱 一会就会出来 |
[43:16] | – We’re gonna spend the day together. – That’s great. | 我们今天会整天都在一起 好极了 |
[43:19] | Yeah, it is. | 是好极了 |
[43:21] | So, listen, Rory told me everything that happened last night. | 还有Rory把昨晚的事都告诉我了 |
[43:24] | – She feels just terrible about it. – I know. | 她觉得整件事都让人非常不愉快 我知道 |
[43:27] | Good. You should. | 好的. 你就应该这样 |
[43:29] | ‘Cause it’s just one of those freaky, unfortunate things that happens. | 因为那只是所有发生的倒霉事其中之一而已 |
[43:33] | Freaky and unfortunate. Yeah. | 奇怪与倒霉. 的确 |
[43:36] | She had nothing to do with Jess coming over, believe me. | 相信我, 她根本不知道Jess会来的 |
[43:39] | – She did not want him there. – That’s what she told me. | 她根本就没想要让他待在那里 她是那么跟我说 |
[43:43] | Rory wouldn’t lie, right? | Rory不会撒谎的. 对吗? |
[43:46] | No, Rory wouldn’t lie. | 对. Rory是不会撒谎的 |
[44:33] | English |