时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Mom, I swear, it was Aunt Maureen. | 妈 我发誓就是Maureen姑姑 |
[00:05] | Aunt Maureen would never hike up her skirt in public. | 你Maureen姑姑不可能 在公共场合掀起裙子的 |
[00:07] | She would after half a gallon of eggnog. | 也许她刚喝的醉醺醺呢 |
[00:09] | Richard, who was the one who got drunk at our Christmas party | Richard 是谁在我们的圣诞派对上喝醉 |
[00:12] | and hiked up her skirt in front of the Town and Country photographer? | 并当着摄影师的面掀起裙子的? |
[00:15] | I’m sorry, did you say something? | 对不起 你说什么? |
[00:17] | I don’t know about you, Mom, | 我不知道你怎么想 妈 |
[00:18] | but I’ve never felt so fascinating in my entire life. | 我这辈子还没碰到过这么有趣的事 |
[00:20] | I’m so sorry I’m late. Hi Grandma, Hi Grandma. | 对不起 我来晚了 嗨 外婆 嗨 外公 |
[00:22] | – Hello Rory. – Oh, now he closes the paper. | – 你好 Rory – 噢 他终于放下报纸了 |
[00:24] | Hey, Mom, I stopped by the bookstore on the way here. | 嘿 妈 在来的路上我去了趟书店 |
[00:26] | – You got them? – I got ‘em! | – 你买到了? – 是的 |
[00:28] | Got what? | 买了什么? |
[00:29] | Rory and I are starting to plan our Europe trip. | Rory和我在计划我们的欧洲之行 |
[00:31] | The day after graduation, we are gone. | 毕业典礼后的第二天就出发 |
[00:33] | Well, that sounds very exciting. | 噢 不错啊 |
[00:34] | Lorelai, what are these? | Lorelai 这是什么? |
[00:36] | Those are guidebooks. | 都是旅游指南 |
[00:37] | “Europe Through the Backdoor.” | “欧洲旅行的便捷之路” |
[00:39] | “The Rough Guide to Europe.” What kind of guidebooks are these? | “欧洲旅游简要” 这些是哪方面的导游书? |
[00:42] | The cheap kind. | 比较便宜的那类 |
[00:43] | They have all the good information about backpacking and staying in hostels. | 里面有很多关于背包客 和青年旅社的介绍 |
[00:46] | Backpacking and staying in hostels? | 背包客和青年旅社? |
[00:48] | Who’s backpacking and staying in hostels? | 谁要当背包客? 谁要住青年旅社? |
[00:50] | We are. | 我们啊 |
[00:55] | – No, you’re not. – What a ridiculous thought. | – 不 不可能 – 这主意够可笑的 |
[00:57] | We are. We’re going to backpack around Europe. | 我们想那样 背包走遍欧洲 |
[01:00] | Yes, I know, it’s fun to tease your grandmother, dear. | 我懂了 你是在逗外婆玩 亲爱的 |
[01:03] | They’re going to backpack across Europe, Richard. | 她们要背包走欧洲耶 Richard |
[01:05] | I heard, sounds delightful. | 我听到了 好像感觉很惬意 |
[01:07] | Perhaps we should join them. | 也许我们也应该加入 |
[01:08] | That sounds wonderful. Tomorrow I’ll go out and buy some cutoffs. | 这主意不错 明天我就去买几条短裤 |
[01:12] | Guys, we’re not kidding. | 两位 我们不是在开玩笑 |
[01:14] | You’re telling me you’re seriously going to traipse across Europe | 难道说你们真的想背着行李 |
[01:17] | with your possessions strapped to your back | 漫无目的地在欧洲闲逛 |
[01:19] | and sleep in a room with thirty other people? | 并和30个不认识的人 睡在同一个房间里? |
[01:20] | – Yes. – No. | – 是的 – 不行 |
[01:22] | – Grandpa. – It’s not safe. | – 外公 – 这太危险了 |
[01:23] | I forbid it. Call our travel agent. | 我不同意 打电话给我们的旅行代理 |
[01:26] | But we want to be spontaneous. | 我们想随心所欲的玩 |
[01:27] | Jump a train to Paris, head off to Spain. | 跳上开往巴黎的火车 却中途在西班牙下车 |
[01:30] | Oh no, it’s raining in Spain. | 噢 不 西班牙正在下雨 |
[01:32] | But since the rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain… | 但如果西班牙的雨主要集中在平原地区… |
[01:34] | – Looks like Italy for us! – Mamma mia! | – 我们就像在意大利一样 – 我的天啊! |
[01:36] | You can still travel around aimlessly and stay in a decent hotel. | 你们可以照样随心所欲的旅游 但同时住在像样的饭店里 |
[01:39] | We wanna do it cheap. | 我们希望能经济些 |
[01:40] | – We’ll pay. – No. | – 我们来付钱 – 不要 |
[01:42] | Grandma, it’s going to be fun, really. | 外婆 这会非常有意思的 |
[01:43] | Kids do this all the time. | 孩子们总是这么做 |
[01:45] | Yes, but you’re not a kid, you’re a grown woman. | 是 但你不是小孩 你是个成年人 |
[01:47] | What are people going to think when they see a grown woman bunking down | 当看见一个成年女人和一群20岁孩子 |
[01:50] | with a bunch of twenty-year-olds? | 睡在同一个房间里 人们会怎么想? |
[01:51] | Well, if the twenty-year-olds are cute, they’ll probably think, “Lucky!” | 恩 如果20岁的孩子都很可爱 人们大概会想”她还真走运!” |
[01:55] | Grandma, don’t be upset. It really is going to be great. | 外婆 别不高兴嘛 这样其实很有意思 |
[01:57] | What’s so traumatic about a night without a bed anyway? | 无论如何 没床过夜就是个灾难 |
[02:01] | My survey shows those who have had the opportunity to be a refugee for a night | “调查显示 那些有机会 像难民一样过夜的旅行者 |
[02:05] | have their perspectives broaden and actually enjoy the experience.” | 能开阔眼界 得到更多体验” |
[02:08] | Richard, this book is encouraging them to sleep in a park like a squirrel. | Richard 这书在鼓励她们 像松鼠一样睡在公园里 |
[02:12] | It’s okay, Mom. | 妈 没那么糟啦 |
[02:13] | My first trip to Europe, I went to Paris and stayed at the Ritz. | 我第一次到欧洲旅行时 去了巴黎 住在丽兹酒店 |
[02:15] | I tell you what, if it’ll make you happy, | 那我来说个会让你高兴的 |
[02:17] | we’ll go to Paris and eat out of their dumpster. | 我们也打算去巴黎 并且吃 从丽兹酒店里丢出来的食物 |
[03:17] | All of this goes in there. Let’s move, we’re getting backlogged. | 这些都搬到那边去 快点 已经堆起来啦 |
[03:21] | Tom, I brought over the nails you asked for. | Tom 我找到你要的钉子了 |
[03:23] | Good. Get the guy’s lunch orders, will ya? | 很好 问好大家中午吃什么了? |
[03:24] | Already done. | 是的 |
[03:25] | You’re a good kid, Dean. You hardly bug me at all. | 真是个好孩子 Dean 一点都不用我操心 |
[03:28] | High praise. | 过奖了 |
[03:29] | Yeah, yeah, go, get the food. | 好 恩 去买午餐吧 |
[03:31] | – And don’t forget the pickles. – I wouldn’t dare. | – 别忘了泡菜 – 我可不敢 |
[03:33] | Oh, what do I gotta say to get this crap inside where it belongs? | 噢 要我再重复一遍 已经讲过的”废话”吗? |
[03:36] | You got a language I’m not privy to? ‘Cause I’m a fast learner. | 听不懂我讲什么吗? 要我再用你们懂的话说一遍嘛 |
[03:39] | Dean-o, Dean-o, Dean-o. | 小Dean 小Dean 小Dean |
[03:42] | If you grow any taller, I’m gonna have to get myself some mountain climbing equipment. | 如果你再继续长高 我就要去买登山装备了 |
[03:45] | You’re getting dangerous to even walk near, you know that, Patty. | Patty 你知道么 稍微靠近你一点就会有危险 |
[03:48] | I’ve been told. | 已经有人说过了 |
[03:49] | You looking for Mr. Doose? | 你来找Doose先生? |
[03:51] | Oh, precious, no. I’m just looking. | 不 宝贝 我就是到处看看 |
[03:56] | Okay. Well, enjoy. | 好 你继续吧 |
[03:58] | Oh, I always do. | 恩 我肯定会的 |
[04:02] | – Move. – What? Oh, sorry. | – 让让 – 什么? 哦 对不起 |
[04:05] | – What’s that? – It’s nothing. | – 那是什么? – 没什么 |
[04:06] | – You reading? – It’s nothing. | – 你在读书? – 没有 |
[04:07] | – I never see you reading. – Will you just… I read. | – 我还从没见过你看书 – 你能不能… 我是在看 |
[04:10] | – What are you reading? – I read, I read. | – 什么书? – 随便看看 |
[04:11] | – What do you read? – Invoices, expiration dates. | – 你看的是什么书? – 发票 产品有效期 |
[04:14] | I stand corrected. | 我认输 |
[04:16] | “Hidden Romantic Gems of the Restaurant World.” Well, well, well. | “藏在餐厅中的浪漫” 哦 哦 哦 |
[04:19] | I would like my property back, please. | 请归还我的私人财产 |
[04:21] | – Planning something special? – No, nothing special. | – 有什么特别计划? – 没什么 |
[04:23] | I’m just taking Nicole to dinner on Friday and I wanna find a place. | 星期五要请Nicole吃饭 我想找个合适的地方 |
[04:25] | – A place you don’t normally go to? – Yes. | – 一个你不常去的地方? – 是的 |
[04:27] | So a special place. | 去很特别的地方 |
[04:28] | Will you stop saying that word, please? And yes. | 别再这么说 行么? 其实是的 |
[04:30] | Find anything good? | 找到什么好地方了? |
[04:31] | Every single description in here talks about tablecloths | 这里面每家餐厅都在讲桌布 |
[04:33] | and dish design, nothing about the food. | 和餐具的设计 就是没有介绍食物 |
[04:35] | You are really going through an awful lot for this lawyer. | 和这个律师在一起 肯定不会让你快乐的 |
[04:37] | She’s not a lawyer. I mean, yes, she’s a lawyer, | 她不是律师 我是说 对 她的职业是律师 |
[04:39] | but she’s also a lady, and a very nice lady who probably expects good food | 但她同时也是一位女士 一位不错的女士 可能期待着美食 |
[04:43] | with her fancy plates and sparse yet elegant décor. | 高级的餐具 及少见而优雅的装潢 |
[04:45] | You’re pathetic when you’re in love. | 陷入感情的你真令人同情 |
[04:47] | I’m not in love, I’m dating. This is what you do when you’re dating. | 我还没恋爱呢 这是约会 刚约会的时候都这么做 |
[04:49] | It’s not what I do when I’m dating. | 我刚约会的时候可没做这些 |
[04:50] | Rory’s a lucky girl. Work. I’m going upstairs. | Rory真是个幸运的女孩 你快干活吧 我上楼了 |
[04:53] | Fine, but if a horse-drawn carriage shows up here, | 好 但如果你要在这儿弄出辆马车 |
[04:55] | my throwing up will be eternal. | 我会吐死的噢 |
[05:01] | I gotta place an order. | 我要点餐 |
[05:02] | – Talk into the clown. – I am. | – 跟小丑说去 – 我正这么做呢 |
[05:06] | What do you want? | 你要点什么? |
[05:08] | Six burgers, three with cheese — two cheddar, one Swiss. | 六个汉堡 其中三个夹奶酪的 两个要干酪 一个要瑞士奶酪 |
[05:12] | Two plain, one with chili, cheese and onions on the side. | 两个原味汉堡 一个辣堡 外加奶酪和洋葱 |
[05:16] | – Your memory’s that good? – You’re screwing with me. | – 你不写单吗? – 你在整我 |
[05:18] | – I’m placing an order. – For all of Connecticut? | – 我在点菜 – 给整个州吗? |
[05:20] | For the construction crew next door. | 给隔壁的建筑队 |
[05:22] | Oh, you’re Taylor’s errand boy now. | 噢 你现在是Taylor的伙计了 |
[05:24] | And you’re Taylor’s waitress. | 你是Taylor的女招待 |
[05:26] | – Say that a little closer. – I thought you had a girlfriend. | – 再靠近点说一遍 – 你不是有女朋友嘛 |
[05:28] | – Give me your order and get out. – Service with a smile. | – 快点单 然后离开 – 早该微笑服务了嘛 |
[05:32] | Six burgers, three cheese — two cheddar, one Swiss. | 六个汉堡 其中三个带奶酪的 两个要干酪 一个要瑞士奶酪 |
[05:35] | Two plain burgers, one chili burger with cheese and onions on the side. | 两个原味汉堡 一个辣堡 外加奶酪和洋葱 |
[05:39] | Three ham on ryes – one mayo, one mustard, one combo. | 三个火腿黑麦 一个加蛋黄酱 一个加芥末 一个加混合的 |
[05:42] | – A combo means mustard and… – I know what a combo means. | – 混合的是加芥末和… – 我知道混合的要加什么 |
[05:45] | Sorry, guess that confused look is just how your face is. | 对不起 看你的表情 还以为你不知道呢 |
[05:47] | Do you wanna talk about this outside? | 你要不要出去聊聊? |
[05:49] | Just as soon as I’m finished. | 等我点完再说 |
[05:50] | Four hot dogs. Two egg salads on white. One chicken salad on wheat. | 四份热狗 其中两个白面包夹鸡蛋沙拉 一个全麦面包夹鸡肉沙拉… |
[05:54] | A chef’s salad with ranch. Five fries. Five onion rings. | 一个油面包夹厨师沙拉 五份炸薯条 五份洋葱圈 |
[05:57] | Two chips. Extra pickles. | 两份薯片 单份泡菜 |
[05:59] | – On what? – Excuse me? | – 配什么? – 什么? |
[06:01] | – What are the extra pickles on? – On the side. | – 泡菜配什么? – 放边上就行 |
[06:03] | On the side of what? On the side of the burgers, | 放什么边上? 是放汉堡边上 |
[06:05] | on the side of the sandwiches, or on the side of the road | 放三明治边上 还是放马路边… |
[06:07] | where the ditch I’m gonna dump your body into is? | 能丢进你尸体的水沟里? |
[06:09] | – Just make sure there’s enough for everyone. – Fine. | – 要保证每份都足量 – 没问题 |
[06:13] | – Aren’t you gonna read it back? – Nope. | – 你不复述一遍么? – 不想 |
[06:16] | Okay, but these men were hired by Taylor, | 行啊 但这些人都是Taylor雇来的 |
[06:19] | which means if they aren’t satisfied with their orders, they will send them back. | 如果他们对点的东西不满意 一定会退回来重新做的 |
[06:22] | And they will continue to send them back until they are happy, | 会反复折腾直到满意为止 |
[06:24] | which means you could be making this order until you die. | 那就意味着你要应付他们到死 |
[06:29] | Six burgers, three with cheese – two cheddar, one Swiss. | 六个汉堡 其中三个带奶酪的 两个要干酪 一个要瑞士奶酪 |
[06:32] | Slower, please. I’m checking them off as we go. | 慢点 好么 我要一项一项核对 |
[06:37] | Two plain burgers, one chili with cheese and onion on the side. | 两个原味汉堡 一个辣堡 外加奶酪和洋葱 |
[06:44] | Hey, it’s your party, we just want you to be happy. | 嘿 这是你的派对 我们希望你能开心 |
[06:47] | Okay. No problem. | 好的 没问题 |
[06:51] | All right, I’ll talk to you then. | 好的 回聊 |
[06:54] | Ridgemont called. | 是Ridgemont打来的 |
[06:56] | No. | 不会吧 |
[06:57] | He’s changing his mind about the theme for his retirement party again. | 他改主意了 退休聚会的主题又变了 |
[07:00] | – No! – We have to call the florist. | – 不是吧! – 我们得给花店打电话 |
[07:01] | But this is the fourth theme he’s picked. | 他已经改四次了 |
[07:03] | He had the fishing one, | 他选过钓鱼主题 |
[07:05] | and the Kentucky Derby with the chocolate horsies, | 棕褐色马的赛马会主题 |
[07:08] | and the Tibet with the Richard Gere pictures everywhere. | 以及挂满理查.基尔照片的西藏主题 |
[07:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:11] | And he promised that the golf would be the last one. | 他发誓高尔夫是最后一个了 |
[07:14] | He decided that golf was dull | 后来他发现高尔夫太单调了 |
[07:16] | and he doesn’t want to be remembered as dull. | 他不想有一个单调的回忆 |
[07:17] | Would he like to be remembered as limping, | 他不介意有个一瘸一拐的回忆吧 |
[07:19] | because I can be a fabulous help with that. | 因为我绝对擅长帮他达到目的 |
[07:21] | Hey, guys… | 嘿 大伙们… |
[07:25] | I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. | 对不起 真的 |
[07:27] | Here’s an idea – it’s a retirement party, yes? | 我有个主意 这是个退休聚会 对吧? |
[07:30] | Okay. So what happens after you retire? You die. | 那么好 什么事马上会出现在 你的退休生活中呢? 是死亡 |
[07:33] | – He changed his mind. – Again? | – 他改主意了 – 又改了? |
[07:35] | So, why don’t we dig a big hole, | 所以我们干吗不干脆挖个大洞 |
[07:37] | throw him in, hand everybody a shovel, | 把他扔进去 每人拿把铲子 |
[07:39] | they take turns covering him up. | 一人一铲土就能把他埋好 |
[07:41] | We go inside, have dinner, | 然后我们就进屋吃晚饭 |
[07:43] | the wife gets used to eating alone… | 他妻子以前就常常一个人吃饭 |
[07:45] | We are not going to bury him alive. | 我们也不能活埋他啊 |
[07:46] | Well, fine then. What is the new theme? | 那么 行啊 新的主题是什么? |
[07:50] | He is calling me back at four. | 四点他会打电话告诉我 |
[07:52] | I got the flags and… he changed his mind again. | 我弄到旗子了…他又改主意了 |
[07:55] | He’s worse than my mother at the Glory of Easter T-shirt stand. | 我妈在复活节荣耀T恤 摊位的表现都比这个强 |
[08:00] | – You kept the receipt, I hope. – Yup. | – 希望你还留着发票 – 是的 |
[08:01] | Good God, this party is gonna be the death of me. | 上帝 太好了 这个派对要整死我了 |
[08:04] | – Or someone. – Go call the florist. | – 或许是被某人整死 – 快去给花店打电话 |
[08:05] | – You’re stressed. – You’re observant. | – 你太紧张了 – 你太敏感了 |
[08:07] | Well, I was going to save this for later, | 恩 我本想把这个晚点拿出来 |
[08:10] | but you look like you need it now. | 但看来你现在需要看看这个 |
[08:11] | What’s that? | 是什么? |
[08:12] | I have been cordially invited to Sherry Tinsdale’s C-section. | Sherry Tinsdale真挚地邀请我 去参加她的剖腹产手术聚会 |
[08:17] | No way! | 不会吧! |
[08:18] | Friday, February seventh, six o’clock p.m. | 二月七号 星期五 下午六点 |
[08:21] | Join the girls for a toast, a hug, | 女孩们一起敬酒 拥抱 |
[08:24] | a wave to the mommy as they wheel her off, dinner at Sushi Sushi, | 向被推进手术室的妈妈挥手告别 去”寿司寿司”吃晚餐 |
[08:27] | and then back to the hospital for a formal viewing | 然后回到医院排队参观 |
[08:29] | of brand-new baby Georgia. RSVP at your earliest convenience. | 新生儿Georgia 如方便请尽早回复 |
[08:33] | P.S. — gifts are not necessary, but always appreciated. | 提示: 不必特地准备礼物 但收到礼物同样会十分感激 |
[08:38] | – I don’t even know where to start. – I knew you would like it. | – 我都不知该说什么了 – 我就知道你会这么说 |
[08:40] | – You have to RSVP to a C-section. – And bring a gift. | – 你必须回复一个剖腹产手术邀请 – 还要带上一份礼物 |
[08:43] | I wonder if Laura Mercier makes Demerol. | 我想知道Laura Mercier是不是 开始出售止痛药了 |
[08:44] | – You wanna keep it? – Oh, yes, please. | – 你要拿着这个么? – 哦 是 谢谢 |
[08:46] | But don’t lose it. I need the phone number. | 别弄丢了 我需要电话号码 |
[08:49] | So, are you going? | 这么说 你要去? |
[08:50] | Well, I don’t know. | 其实 我也不知道 |
[08:51] | I mean, I know it’s weird, but I kind of wanna see Georgia. | 我知道这会很奇怪 但我挺想看看Georgia |
[08:54] | She’s sort of my sister. | 她也算是我妹妹 |
[08:55] | She’s more than sort of your sister. | 不是算是 她就是你妹妹 |
[08:57] | I just think it would be cool to meet her the night that she’s born. | 我觉得能在她刚出生就见到她会很不错 |
[08:59] | It’s a good story to talk about. | 以后聊天也是个好话题 |
[09:01] | You should go. | 你应该去 |
[09:03] | I should, shouldn’t I? | 我应该么? |
[09:04] | And you should take pictures and wear a hidden microphone | 你还应该拍些照片 带上个微型麦克风 |
[09:07] | ‘cause I wanna hear everything. | 因为我想听听整个过程 |
[09:08] | – I’ll see what I can do. – Oh, shoot. | – 我想想法子吧 – 哦 糟糕 |
[09:15] | Sook… | Sook… |
[09:19] | God! | 天啊! |
[09:21] | I just need to go on record that a grown man | 我要公开声明 一个成年男子 |
[09:23] | should not throw himself a Beanie Baby retirement party. | 不应该举办一个 婴儿圆帽退休晚会 |
[09:25] | Just hold your breath this one actually takes. | 你还是摒住呼吸别说了 这个主题是真的敲定了 |
[09:27] | And how is Sookie supposed to plan a Beanie Baby menu? | Sookie该怎么设计一个 婴儿圆帽主题的菜单? |
[09:29] | – Lots of beans. – I think this is ridiculous. | – 用很多豆子吧 – 难以想象 |
[09:31] | Angel face, you need to learn that there are going to be times in your life | 宝贝 你应该知道生活中需要经常 |
[09:34] | when you have to do ridiculous things for money. | 为了钱而做出荒唐的事 |
[09:36] | If you’re Adrian Zmed, that includes everything | 如果你是Adrian Zmed 意味所有你职业生涯中 |
[09:38] | that ever happens in your whole career. | 经历的都是这样的事情 |
[09:40] | Oh Rory, come on. Did you order from Amazon again? | 噢 Rory 不是吧 你又在亚马逊买书了? |
[09:44] | ‘Cause we’re going to get your books their own house. | 家里书多的都没地方放了 |
[09:46] | I didn’t, I swear. | 我没有 真的 |
[09:47] | – It’s from my mother. – What is it? | – 是我妈寄来的 – 是什么? |
[09:48] | It’s heavy. Must be her hopes and dreams for me. | 好沉 一定都是她对我的希望和梦想 |
[09:51] | I thought she discarded those years ago. | 我以为很多年前她就放弃了呢 |
[09:58] | Just drop the Beanies by the door. | 把装婴儿帽的箱子扔门口就行 |
[10:01] | “Girls, here are some travel books | “姑娘们 这是一些旅游书籍 |
[10:03] | I stumbled across in your father’s study. | 我偶然在你父亲的书房里找到的 |
[10:06] | I thought they could help in the planning | 我想这些能帮助你们计划 |
[10:08] | of your European adventure.” She’s insane. | 你们的欧洲大冒险” 她疯了 |
[10:11] | We have travel books. | 我们已经有旅游指南了 |
[10:12] | No, sweetie, these aren’t our kind of travel books. | 不 亲爱的 这些不是 我们那一类的旅游书 |
[10:13] | These are Paris and Nicky Hilton’s kind of travel books. | 这些是豪华版的旅游指南 |
[10:16] | “Selected Hotels of Europe,” | “欧洲饭店精选” |
[10:18] | “Hotels, Restaurants and Inns of Great Britain and Ireland, 1986”, | “英国和爱尔兰的饭店 餐厅及旅馆 1986” |
[10:23] | “Myra Waldo’s Travel and Motoring Guide to Europe, ’78.” | “Myra Waldode的欧洲旅行和驾车指南 1978” |
[10:26] | Wow, these will be an enormous help in planning our trip. | 哇 这些书对我们简直太有帮助了 |
[10:29] | Hey, you wanna go see the Berlin Wall? | 嗨 你看不看柏林墙? |
[10:30] | Sounds great. | 当然想啦 |
[10:31] | My God, I remember these books. | 上帝啊 我记得这些书 |
[10:33] | I think the only person in my house who ever read them was me. | 全家唯一个读过这些书的人就是我 |
[10:35] | This hotel is five hundred dollars a night. | 这个饭店一晚上要500美元 |
[10:37] | Five hundred dollars a night twenty years ago. | 这是20年前的价格 |
[10:39] | What could a hotel possibly have | 饭店会提供什么服务能 |
[10:40] | that would make it five hundred dollars a night? | 值得一个晚上花500美元? |
[10:42] | An English menu? | 一张英文菜单? |
[10:45] | Christopher, stop it, I’m trying to open the door. | Christopher 停一下 我在开门呢 |
[10:48] | Graceful and lovely they enter. | 他们优雅而迷人地进门了 |
[10:51] | – Is she home? – I don’t know. | – 她在家么? – 我不知道 |
[10:52] | – Mom, are you home? – Mom, are you home? | – 妈 你在么? – 妈 你在么? |
[10:54] | – Shh, she’ll hear you. – So, she likes me. | – 嘘 她会听见的 – 那又怎样 她喜欢我 |
[10:56] | Oh, that’s right. | 哦 那很好 |
[10:58] | Mom, it’s me, Lorelai, I’m home! | 妈 是我 Lorelai 我回来了 |
[11:00] | I’m home and I’m taking my sweater off. | 我到家了 正在脱毛衣 |
[11:02] | I’m taking my sweater off and dropping it on the floor. | 我正在脱毛衣 要把它扔地上了 |
[11:05] | I’m dropping it on the floor and walking away from it. | 我把毛衣扔地上不管了 |
[11:07] | I’m walking away from it and leaving it on the floor, | 我走开咯 毛衣还在地板上呢 |
[11:09] | and in two years I’m gonna register Democrat. | 两年后我要加入民主党 |
[11:13] | – Looks like no Emily. – Where’s Sofia? | – 我妈好象真不在 – 那Sofia呢? |
[11:15] | – Fired. – Already. | – 被炒了 – 这么快 |
[11:16] | She touched the Baccarat unicorn. | 她碰了Baccarat水晶独角兽 |
[11:18] | – My God, is she insane? – Apparently so. | – 天啊 她不要命了? – 显然是 |
[11:20] | Okay, so, to recap, there’s no Emily and there’s no Sofia. | 恩 那么 简单地说 家里没有Emily 也没有Sofia |
[11:23] | And there’s no supervision whatsoever. | 没有任何监视了 |
[11:25] | – What will we do? – Let’s celebrate. | – 那我们做点什么? – 庆祝一下 |
[11:27] | Celebrate what? | 庆祝什么? |
[11:28] | – No more midterms. – Hear, hear. | – 再也没有期中考试了 – 很好 很好 |
[11:29] | – Okay, I say that we drink to it. – Hear, hear. | – 那么 我们喝一杯 – 很好 很好 |
[11:31] | – Scotch, vodka, or gin? – Hear, hear. | – 威士忌 沃特加 还是金酒? – 很好 很好 |
[11:34] | And put a cherry in it. | 加上颗樱桃 |
[11:36] | It looks like the Gilmores are planning a trip again. | 看起来我爸妈又在计划旅行呢 |
[11:39] | Where to this time? | 这次去哪里? |
[11:40] | Someplace fabulous where they’ll stay at a fancy hotel | 那些有豪华饭店的旅游胜地 |
[11:43] | with a lot of other rich Americans so they won’t have to talk | 并且能碰到其他有钱的美国人 这样他们就不必… |
[11:45] | to anyone who actually lives in that country. | 和那些真正生活在 那个国家的人讲话了 |
[11:47] | “Myra Waldo’s Travel and Motoring Guide to Europe.” | “Myra Waldo的欧洲旅行驾车指南” |
[11:49] | Hello Myra. | 你好 Myra |
[11:51] | Oh God, I hope they go over Christmas. | 天 我希望他们能在那儿过圣诞节 |
[11:52] | That would be as holly jolly as it gets. | 那我就乐翻了 |
[11:56] | Smooth. | 好喝 |
[11:58] | Hey, guess what I decided – | 嗨 你猜我想到了什么 |
[12:00] | – I’m not gonna go to college. – Are you serious? | – 我不想上大学了 – 当真么? |
[12:02] | I’m taking a year and I’m going to Europe. | 我要用一年的时间走遍欧洲 |
[12:04] | I’m gonna backpack, train it, sleep on a bench, see the world. | 背着行李 坐着火车 睡长椅 认识这个世界 |
[12:07] | And you’ve told Straub and Francine about your big plans, I’m sure. | 你肯定已经把你的伟大计划 告诉Straub和Francine了 我敢打赌 |
[12:09] | Ah, it doesn’t matter. | 这个不重要 |
[12:11] | I’m outta here the second that diploma’s in my hand. | 一拿到毕业证书我就出发 |
[12:13] | Sounds good. | 不错呀 |
[12:14] | You’re coming with me. | 你要跟我一起去 |
[12:15] | – Oh, I am? – Yup. | – 啊 我么? – 是 |
[12:16] | I’m sleeping on a bench? Okay, how does that picture look to you, | 我睡在长椅上?好吧 你想想那个的场景 |
[12:18] | ‘cause to me it looks like a big no. | 对我来说 那看上去 是一个巨大的”不可能” |
[12:20] | Fine, you we get a room for, | 行 给你找个房子睡觉 |
[12:21] | and then I’ll just sleep on the bench outside. | 但我还是睡在外面的长椅上 |
[12:23] | – Much better arrangement. – So you’ll go? | – 这样好多了 – 那你和我一起去? |
[12:25] | Christopher, you’re supposed to go to college. | Christopher 你应该要上大学的 |
[12:27] | I’m supposed to go to college. | 我也该要去上大学 |
[12:28] | Then you’re supposed to join your dad’s firm where you’ll get a corner office | 你应该加入你爸的公司 得到一个管理层的职位 |
[12:31] | and big stick to shove up your butt. | 努力拼命地工作 |
[12:32] | Change of plans. | 计划有变 |
[12:34] | You can’t just change the plans. | 你不能随意改变 |
[12:35] | The plans came over on the Mayflower. | 你的人生规划是家族设定的 |
[12:36] | Come on, Lor. Let’s get out of here, | 噢 Lor 我们一起摆脱这些 |
[12:38] | let’s get away from this place. Let’s take Myra and just bolt. | 一起离开这里 带着Myra的书私奔吧 |
[12:41] | Leave a note on the dining room table. “Dear Richard and Emily, | 在餐桌上留张字条 写道:”亲爱的Richard和Emily |
[12:43] | I don’t belong here, I’m going somewhere else, | 我不属于这里 我要去别的地方 |
[12:45] | I’ll call you when I get there. Love, Lorelai.’ How does that sound? | 到了以后再给你们打电话 爱你们的Lorelai” 怎么样? |
[12:48] | Well, the word “whoopee” comes to mind. | 恩 我脑子里出现了一个词”哇” |
[12:51] | So, then, it’s a plan. | 那么 这是我们的计划 |
[12:54] | It’s a plan. | 我们的计划 |
[13:00] | Hey, I want to sleep amongst thirteenth century tapestries | 嗨 我要睡在十三世纪的挂毯里 |
[13:02] | and chocolates made by local artisans. | 那里还有当地手艺人做的巧克力 |
[13:04] | Okay, then, it’s settled. We’re not staying at any place | 好的 就这么定了 除了给拿破仑三世的医生 |
[13:06] | that wasn’t built for Napoleon the third’s doctor | 建造的私宅 |
[13:08] | or doesn’t have a Chagall in the bathroom. | 或是挂有Chagall画作的浴室 我们就哪儿也不住 |
[13:10] | Hear, hear. | 好的 好的 |
[13:12] | Now we just have to figure out how we’re gonna pay for it. | 现在我们要解决费用问题 |
[13:15] | Hey, how good’s your organ grinding? | 嗨 你的风琴弹的如何? |
[13:23] | I called last night and I asked her | 我昨晚给她打电话 |
[13:24] | to talk me through the Korean War and she said she was busy. | 请她讲讲韩国战争 但她说她很忙 |
[13:26] | – Oh, she’s definitely got a boyfriend. – I know. | – 噢 她百分百有男友了 – 我也觉得 |
[13:28] | – I for one think it’s about time. – I agree. | – 也该是时候了 – 我同意 |
[13:30] | It wasn’t healthy, all that non-dating. | 不去约会是不正常的 |
[13:31] | It definitely didn’t help that whole skin thing she was going through. | 那么熬着对皮肤没有一点好处 |
[13:33] | How come she didn’t tell us? | 她什么时候能告诉咱俩? |
[13:34] | I think she just wanted to make sure it was gonna take. | 我觉得她想完全确定以后 |
[13:36] | So, tell us, what’s this Jamie like? | 那么 跟我们说说 Jamie是个什么样的人? |
[13:39] | You know, I really don’t feel like talking about Paris right now. Or ever. | 现在我实在不想谈到Paris 以后也不 |
[13:42] | Oh, come on, you know him, we don’t. | 哦 别这样 你认识他 我们没有 |
[13:44] | – Is he sexy? – Does he have a good car? | – 他性感么? – 他的车棒不棒? |
[13:45] | – How’s the trust fund? – How’s the profile? | – 有信托基金么? – 外形怎么样? |
[13:46] | – Will the prom pictures work? – How are his friends? | – 有没有舞会的照片? – 他的朋友都是什么人? |
[13:48] | Yes. Is there spin-off potential? | 是啊 他俩会发展顺利吗? |
[13:51] | – Whoops. – Bye. | – 噢 – 走了 |
[13:53] | Okay, everyone, gather around. | 现在 大家聚过来 |
[13:54] | I have in my hand the 2002 Franklin Yearbook photos. | 在我手上的是 2002年Franklin年鉴的相片 |
[13:57] | I got copies for everyone, so let’s leave the Barney’s clearance sale reenactment | 我给每个人都印了一张 我们要改期执行Barney的 |
[14:00] | for another day, shall we? | 清仓销售计划 知道了么? |
[14:02] | And, please take note of the fact that the idea | 还有 请注意一下 在学校新的标语下 |
[14:04] | of posing under the new school banner was a major, major success. | 摆姿势的主意 取得了巨大的成功 |
[14:08] | – Paris. – Yes? | – Paris – 恩? |
[14:09] | – I’m sneezing. – What? | – 我在打喷嚏 – 什么? |
[14:10] | In the picture. I’m sneezing and my head is turned. | 照片里我正在打喷嚏 脸偏到一边了 |
[14:12] | Oh, yeah, I noticed that, | 噢 是的 我发现了 |
[14:14] | but every picture had something wrong with it and I had to pick the one | 但每张照片都有小瑕疵 我只能挑出一张 |
[14:16] | that was the best for the largest number of people. | 绝大多数人都照得很不错的 |
[14:18] | – We took ninety pictures. – What’s your point? | – 我们照了90张 – 你想说什么? |
[14:20] | My point is in ninety tries, there wasn’t one other picture | 我的意思是 在90张里 难道你就不能找出一张 |
[14:22] | that was good for the group and didn’t have me looking | 大家都拍的不错 而我看起来 |
[14:24] | like I’m in Cirque du Soleil. | 也不像是在表演马戏的吗? |
[14:25] | Sorry. Life can play some cruel tricks sometimes. | 抱歉 生活有时是残酷的 |
[14:28] | Life had a little help from the Gellar camp this time. | 这次Gellar阵营可真帮了个”大忙”啊 |
[14:31] | We are not done. | 我们还没完呢 |
[14:36] | – Hello? – Rory, hi, listen. | – 你好 – Rory 嘿 听着 |
[14:38] | I just got the call and – hold on a sec. I’ll call him back. | 我刚刚接了个电话 稍等一下 我给他打回去 |
[14:41] | I’m back, sorry. Where was I? | 抱歉 让你等了 我讲到哪儿啦? |
[14:42] | Who is this? | 你是谁? |
[14:43] | Maureen Rollins, Sherry’s friend. | Maureen Rollins Sherry的朋友 |
[14:45] | Oh, yes, right, Maureen, I’m sorry, I… | 噢 是 对的 Maureen 很抱歉我… |
[14:48] | Don’t worry about it. Listen, I know the invitation said | 别担心 听着 我知道邀请信上说 |
[14:50] | that we were all gathering at the c-section next week, | 我们下星期要参加剖腹产手术聚会 |
[14:52] | – but Sherry just went into labor. – What? | – 但Sherry已经开始阵痛了 – 什么? |
[14:54] | She screwed up, she’s in labor, and she wanted me | 一切都乱套了 她阵痛了 并让我 |
[14:56] | to call all the girls and beg them to get down to the hospital ASAP. | 给所有女伴打电话 让大家立刻去医院 |
[14:59] | It’s a big screw-up. | 这真是一团糟 |
[15:01] | I guess. | 是啊 |
[15:02] | – Can you come? – Well… | – 你会来吧? – 恩… |
[15:03] | – You’re a child, right? – What? | – 你还是个孩子 对么? – 什么? |
[15:04] | School? | 在学校? |
[15:05] | School, you have school? | 在学校 你在上课吗? |
[15:06] | Yes, I have school, but… | 是 我在上课 但… |
[15:08] | Is there anyway you could reschedule school just for today? | 能想办法改改今天的课程吗? |
[15:11] | She completely screwed up, but she’s still our Sherry. | 她已经完全失控了 但也仍是咱们的Sherry |
[15:13] | Well, I’m actually done with school now. | 好的 我正好刚下课 |
[15:15] | I could grab a train and… | 我能赶上火车… |
[15:16] | That would be the best, the absolute best. | 那就最好了 简直太棒了 |
[15:18] | You are a great kid. She’s at Boston Memorial. | 你真是个好孩子 她在Boston纪念医院 |
[15:21] | I will meet you there. Listen, I have Graydon Carter on the other line. | 我们在那儿见 听着 Graydon Carter打进来了 |
[15:24] | – Who? – Graydon Carter. | – 谁? – Graydon Carter |
[15:26] | – I have to go. – Okay, bye. | – 我挂咯 – 好的 拜拜 |
[15:36] | Please make sure the light is very soft. | 请确保光线会非常柔和 |
[15:39] | I want a luminous quality. | 要达到人有光泽的效果 |
[15:41] | I’m gonna have to see the young lady | 我必须先看到这位女孩 |
[15:42] | before I can set the final lighting. | 才能确定灯光 |
[15:43] | Yes, of course. | 好 当然 |
[15:45] | Arletta, did you call Lorelai? | Arletta 你叫Lorelai了么? |
[15:47] | Yes, ma’am. Twenty minutes ago. | 是的 夫人 20分钟前就叫了 |
[15:49] | And what did she say? | 她怎么说? |
[15:50] | She said she was still getting dressed. | 她说正在穿衣服 |
[15:51] | Do you want me to go up there again? | 需要我再上去看看么? |
[15:53] | No, I’ll do it. | 不 我自己去 |
[15:54] | I swear, you’d think that it was my coming out portrait, not hers, | 我保证你肯定以为 这是在为我拍肖像 而不是她 |
[15:56] | for the amount of concern she has about all of this. I’ll be right back. | 越担心她反而越无所谓 等我一下 |
[16:01] | Don’t scratch the floor. | 不要划伤地板 |
[16:09] | Yeah? | 恩? |
[16:10] | Lorelai, the photographer needs you downstairs. | Lorelai 摄影师正等着你呢 |
[16:13] | I’ll be there in a sec. | 我马上就来 |
[16:14] | He needs you now, not in a sec. | 立刻出来 别磨蹭了 |
[16:17] | – I don’t hear you walking toward the door. – Mom, please. | – 我没听见你的脚步声 – 哦 妈妈 |
[16:20] | – I’m coming in. – No. | – 我进来了 – 别 |
[16:22] | I don’t have time for your attitude young lady. | 年轻女士 我没有时间由着你 |
[16:24] | This man is being paid by the hour. | 摄影师是按小时计费的 |
[16:27] | Why aren’t you dressed? | 你怎么还没穿好? |
[16:28] | I just… | 我… |
[16:29] | I think the zipper’s too new or stiff or something. | 我想是拉链太新了 或是什么地方卡住了 |
[16:31] | Turn around, I’ll do it. | 转过去 我来弄 |
[16:36] | – Oh my God. – What? | – 哦 天啊 – 怎么啦? |
[16:37] | It’s not the zipper, it’s the dress. | 不是拉链的问题 是裙子 |
[16:39] | – It’s too small. – Are you sure? | – 裙子太小了 – 你确定? |
[16:41] | Of course I’m sure. | 当然啦 |
[16:42] | It’s too small. How can it be too small? | 裙子太小了 怎么会小呢? |
[16:44] | We had a fitting three months ago. | 三个月前才量的尺寸啊 |
[16:46] | – Have you gained weight? – No. | – 你发胖了? – 没有 |
[16:48] | – Hold your breath. – I am. | – 吸气 – 吸了 |
[16:49] | – Hold your breath! – I am! | – 用力吸! – 用力了! |
[16:52] | The only thing I can think of is the dressmaker | 我想一定是裁缝 |
[16:54] | must’ve written the measurements down wrong. | 把尺寸记错了 |
[16:57] | What are we supposed to do now? | 那现在该怎么办? |
[16:58] | I certainly can’t take a picture of you like that. | 我肯定不会让你这么拍的 |
[17:00] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[17:02] | I’ll just have to have him come back next week. | 只好让他下星期再来了 |
[17:04] | And I’m going to call that woman at the dress shop and give her a piece of my mind. | 我还要去给裁缝店的女人打电话 让她感受一下我现在的心情 |
[17:07] | My God, is everyone in the world completely incompetent? | 上帝 难道这世界上 就不能少点无能之辈么? |
[17:10] | Put on your sweats and run around the block. | 穿上运动服 去小区跑步 |
[17:12] | You’re gonna fit into the next dress no matter what. | 下次无论如何也要穿上裙子 |
[17:28] | Okay, I have five minutes to drink as much coffee as I can | 我只有五分钟来喝咖啡 |
[17:31] | before I have to drive to Hartford to spend the evening | 因为我要开车去Hartford |
[17:33] | with my mother alone and… who am I saying this to? | 和我妈单独相处整晚… 怎么没人理我? |
[17:36] | I was listening. | 我在听 |
[17:37] | – Where’s Luke? – I don’t know. | – Luke呢? – 我不知道 |
[17:38] | Is he here? Is he coming back? How fresh is that pot? | 他在么? 还回来么? 那壶咖啡煮多久了? |
[17:41] | I don’t know, I don’t know, it was sitting there | 我不知道 我不知道 在我到的时候它就在了 |
[17:42] | when I got here but that’s only been a minute so I don’t know. | 不过那才是一分钟以前的事 所以我也不知道咖啡煮多久了 |
[17:44] | Oh, thank God. | 哦 谢天谢地 |
[17:45] | Hey, I desperately need a massive cup of coffee to go and… | 嗨 我急切需要一杯大咖啡外带… |
[17:49] | – What happened to your face? – What do you mean? | – 你的脸怎么了? – 什么意思? |
[17:50] | – It’s visible. – Oh, I shaved. | – 这太明显了 – 哦 我刮胡子了 |
[17:53] | – You going to the bank? – No. | – 你要去银行? – 不 |
[17:54] | – Funeral? – No. | – 葬礼? – 不 |
[17:55] | – Drag club? – Let’s get you your coffee, shall we? | – 舞会? – 我给你倒咖啡 行吗? |
[17:57] | – Hey, isn’t that the sweater that… – Yes, it is. | – 嘿 这件外套不是… – 是 就是 |
[17:59] | – You look nice. – Thank you. | – 很帅呢 – 谢谢 |
[18:01] | – What’s the occasion? – Oh, well… | – 到底是为什么? – 恩 是… |
[18:03] | Oh, it’s a girl… | 哦 是因为一位女士 |
[18:07] | Nicole, this is Lorelai. | Nicole 这是Lorelai |
[18:09] | Nice to meet you. I’m Nicole Leahy. | 很高兴认识你 我是Nicole Leahy |
[18:10] | Lorelai Gilmore | Lorelai Gilmore. |
[18:11] | – Wow, you look nice. – Yeah, you, too. | – 噢 你看上去很不错 – 是的 你也是 |
[18:13] | So, you ready or should I sit down? | 你准备好了么 还是要我等一会儿? |
[18:14] | No, let’s go, I’m ready. | 不 我们走吧 |
[18:15] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll just… | 噢 很抱歉 我要… |
[18:17] | Oh, hey, Luke… | 噢 嘿 Luke |
[18:19] | She’s a lawyer. | 她是个律师 |
[18:20] | So what? | 然后呢? |
[18:21] | – Luke! – Shh! | – Luke! – 嘘! |
[18:22] | Hello? Yes. | 你好? 是的 |
[18:23] | No, I’m sorry, Monday’s not gonna work, it’ll have to be Tuesday. | 不 我很抱歉 星期一不行 星期二才能完成 |
[18:26] | Yes, well, your client breaking a contract is fairly annoying also, | 是的 你的客户毁约的确很棘手 |
[18:29] | but we’re all dealing with that. | 但我们会处理好所有的事情 |
[18:30] | Terrific to hear. Bye Michael. | 很高兴听你这么说 回见 Michael |
[18:32] | Sorry. The phone is going off now. | 抱歉 我马上把电话关掉 |
[18:34] | It’s okay. Make as many calls as you want. | 不要紧 没必要关的 |
[18:37] | – Nice meeting you. – You, too. | – 很高兴见到你 – 我也是 |
[18:43] | As soon as I can. All right, bye. | 我会尽快过去的 没问题 再见 |
[18:46] | – Maureen? – Yes? | – Maureen? – 恩? |
[18:49] | I’m Rory. | 我是Rory |
[18:51] | I’m Christopher’s daughter. You called me to come down. | Christopher的女儿 是你打电话叫我来的 |
[18:53] | Rory, yes, sweetie, thank God you’re here. | Rory 亲爱的 谢天谢地你来了 |
[18:55] | Sherry’s gonna be so happy to see you. She’s a basketcase. | Sherry看见你会特高兴的 她精神失控了 |
[18:58] | – Well, who wouldn’t be, right? – Where’s everyone else? | – 谁也不想这样 是吧? – 其他人呢? |
[19:00] | – Oh, they’re working. – What? | – 她们都在公司 – 什么? |
[19:01] | We had all planned on next week, but Sherry screwed up, | 我们都计划在下星期 但Sherry给弄砸了 |
[19:03] | so what can you do? Thank God you’re here. | 那能怪谁? 好在你可以留这里 |
[19:04] | She’ll be thrilled. She’s feeling a little abandoned. | 她要高兴死了 还以为自己要被抛弃了 |
[19:06] | Now, she’s right in there. Do not mention how fat she is. | 她就在那间病房 千万别提起她现在有多胖 |
[19:09] | For some reason, she’s extremely sensitive about that today. | 因为某些原因 她今天极度敏感 |
[19:11] | Okay, kiss. I’ll call you later to find out how everything’s going. | 好了 亲亲 我晚点会 给你电话问情况的 |
[19:14] | Wait, where are you going? | 等一下 你去哪里? |
[19:15] | I’ve gotta get back to work. I’m swamped today. | 我要回去工作了 今天事太多 |
[19:17] | You’re leaving me here alone? | 你留我一个人在这里? |
[19:18] | Believe me, I would love to stay hon – impossible. | 相信我 我非常乐意留下 可惜真的不行 |
[19:20] | What can I say? Sherry screwed up. | 我能说什么呢? 这是Sherry自找的 |
[19:22] | Anyhow, you’ll be fine. If you need anything, call. | 无论如何 你会搞定的 需要什么就给我打电话 |
[19:24] | I don’t have your number. | 我没有你的号码 |
[19:25] | Sherry’s got it. | Sherry有 |
[19:33] | Sherry? It’s Rory. | Sherry 是Rory |
[19:34] | Rory? | Rory? |
[19:36] | Oh my God, I’m so glad you’re here. | 谢天谢地 你来了 |
[19:38] | How are you? | 你怎么样? |
[19:39] | This wasn’t supposed to happen now. | 和计划的完全不一样 |
[19:40] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:41] | Christopher’s out of town. | Christopher都不在城里 |
[19:42] | I think Maureen called him and left a message | 我想Maureen联系过他了 |
[19:44] | but it doesn’t matter because he’s not here. Where’s Maureen? | 但也没用 他不在啊 Maureen在哪里? |
[19:46] | Oh, she had to go back to work, but she said she’d call later. | 恩 她必须赶回去工作了 但她还是会打电话来的 |
[19:49] | – She’s at work? – Yes. | – 她回公司了? – 是 |
[19:50] | I’m lying in a bed. | 我还躺在床上 |
[19:51] | God knows what’s gonna happen. | 谁知道会发生什么 |
[19:53] | You’re going to have a baby. | 你马上就要生孩子了 |
[19:55] | And she goes back to work. | 她都回去工作了 |
[19:56] | I would love to go back to work, but I can’t because I have to stay here. | 我也想回去工作 但因为要生孩子 就没法工作 |
[20:00] | Well, yeah, because you’re going to have a baby. | 是 因为你要生孩子啊 |
[20:02] | She’s not here. | 她不在 |
[20:04] | None of my friends are here. | 我的朋友们都不在 |
[20:05] | Christopher isn’t here. No one is here. | Christopher不在 没有人在 |
[20:09] | No one but you. | 不是 还有你 |
[20:11] | Thank God you’re here, Rory. | 谢天谢地 你在这儿 Rory |
[20:12] | I don’t think that I could do this by myself | 我觉得自己一个人应付不来 |
[20:14] | because this wasn’t supposed to happen until next week. | 这本是下星期才该发生的事 |
[20:16] | I wrote it down. | 我写下来了 |
[20:18] | I wrote it down. | 都写下来了 |
[20:20] | I wrote it down! | 真的写下来了 |
[20:24] | Boy, do you look thin. | 天 你可真瘦啊 |
[20:31] | Well, it’s a rare treat to have an evening alone | 哈 这可是稀有的待遇 |
[20:33] | with my daughter uncoerced. | 自己女儿自愿和我单独在一起 |
[20:34] | Yes, it is, isn’t it? | 是 就是 不错吧? |
[20:36] | So Rory’s at the hospital? | Rory去医院了? |
[20:37] | Yeah. She’s gonna see her new half-sister fresh from the oven. | 恩 她要看着她半个亲妹妹新鲜出炉 |
[20:41] | That’s about an unpleasant a description as I’ve ever heard. | 这可不是什么值得开心的事 |
[20:43] | – I thought we’d have martinis. – Very good thought. | – 我们喝马提尼吧 – 好主意 |
[20:45] | – Olives? – Twist. | – 加橄榄吗? – 两个 |
[20:47] | So how’s Rory feeling about Christopher’s new baby? | Christopher生孩子Rory是怎么想的? |
[20:50] | She’s very excited. It’s kind of cute. | 她很兴奋 觉得挺可爱的 |
[20:52] | You should’ve gotten her a puppy. | 你该给她买只小狗狗 |
[20:53] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[20:55] | No maid tonight? | 女佣不在? |
[20:56] | Leloni usually takes Sundays off, | Leloni通常在星期日休息 |
[20:57] | but she wanted to switch and seeing as it’s just you and I, I said yes. | 但她看今晚只有我们俩 就申请调休一天 我同意了 |
[21:00] | Leloni, huh? Very exotic name. | 叫Leloni啊?是哪里人 |
[21:02] | She’s from Honolulu. | 檀香山 |
[21:03] | – Cool. Does she know Don Ho? – No. | – 酷 她认识Don Ho么? – 不知道 |
[21:05] | – Charo? – No. | – Charo? – 不知道 |
[21:06] | The C&H Pure Cane Sugar dancers? | 那C&H舞团的舞者呢? |
[21:07] | Lorelai, please, we don’t have a buffer here tonight. | Lorelai 拜托 今晚别老谈别人的事 |
[21:09] | So who cooked dinner? | 那谁做饭呢? |
[21:12] | Please don’t tell me it’s you ‘cause we can always… diet. | 请不要告诉我是你做 那样的话 我就不饿了 |
[21:15] | Leloni made a roast before she left and I heated it up. | Leloni走前做了烤肉 我已经热过了 |
[21:18] | You did? | 真的? |
[21:20] | I even added a little wine to the pan to keep it from drying out. | 我还往锅里加了点酒 让肉别煮得太干了 |
[21:22] | Well, who died and made you Sara Moulton? | 是谁死了才把你锻炼成厨师的? |
[21:25] | Drink this and be quiet. | 安静 喝酒 |
[21:28] | So… | 那么… |
[21:29] | how long is Dad gone for this time? | 爸爸这次要去多久? |
[21:31] | Two weeks. | 两星期 |
[21:32] | Didn’t he just come home last week? | 那他不是上周才回家吗? |
[21:33] | Yes, he did. | 是的 |
[21:34] | So business must be pretty good? | 看来他生意做的相当不错啊? |
[21:36] | I suppose. He has to work twice as hard as he ever did, | 我也希望是 他必须要付出200%的精力去工作 |
[21:38] | and I’m still not sure that he’s actually made a dime yet. | 但我仍不确定他能不能赚到钱 |
[21:41] | However, he does see to be having the time of his life, so what can you do? | 但他精力旺盛 斗志高昂 我又能做什么呢? |
[21:44] | Nothing, I guess. | 由着他吧 |
[21:46] | Hey Mom, can I ask you something? | 嗨 妈 我能问你点事么? |
[21:48] | Of course you can. | 问吧 |
[21:49] | What do you do while Dad is gone? | 爸爸不在家的时候你都做什么? |
[21:51] | I do all sorts of things. | 什么都做啊 |
[21:52] | Like what? | 比如? |
[21:53] | I keep this house running. | 维持家庭正常运作 |
[21:54] | And I have my DAR meetings | 开DAR会议 |
[21:56] | and there’s always a thousand calls to make. | 还有上千个电话要打 |
[21:59] | I have functions and fundraising events to organize. A million different things. | 我要组织许多典礼和筹款活动 要处理无数细节 |
[22:02] | Okay, but what do you do at night? | 不错 那晚上你一般做什么? |
[22:04] | Excuse me? | 什么意思? |
[22:05] | I mean, you don’t organize functions at night, do you? | 我是说 晚上你不用组织活动 对吧? |
[22:07] | What are you insinuating? | 你想暗示什么? |
[22:08] | I’m not insinuating anything, Mom. | 我什么都没暗示 妈 |
[22:10] | I’m just trying to find out a little bit about your life. | 我只是想多了解一些你的生活 |
[22:12] | Your father calls every night at nine o’clock and we talk. | 你爸每晚九点会打电话给我 |
[22:15] | So, you spend fifteen minutes talking to Dad | 那么你会和他聊上15分钟 |
[22:18] | and then you hang up the phone and you – | 然后挂上电话 |
[22:20] | what? Watch television? | 然后呢 看电视? |
[22:23] | I don’t watch that much television. | 我不太看电视的 |
[22:25] | I don’t find forensic work quite as fascinating as the rest of the world. | 我不像别人一样那么爱看法律剧 |
[22:28] | But you have cable, right? I mean, you could watch movies. | 你不是装了有线电视吗? 我想你可以看看电影 |
[22:30] | Yes, but I never know where the maid puts that guide they send you, | 是装了 但我找不到他们送来的节目单 |
[22:33] | so I always wind up turning it on after a movie has already started | 常常是电影都开始了 才找到台 |
[22:36] | and I don’t like to come in on the middle of things. | 我又不喜欢从中间开始看 |
[22:38] | But you could tape the movies, or get a DVD player. | 你可以把电影录下来 或者看DVD |
[22:41] | I don’t need a DVD player. | 我不需要DVD机 |
[22:42] | Why not? Then you could buy all those musicals you love | 为什么不? 你可以买 很多你喜欢的歌舞片 |
[22:45] | and watch them whenever you felt like it. | 想看的时候就能看 |
[22:47] | I’m not an invalid, Lorelai. | 我的生活又不枯燥 Lorelai |
[22:49] | Of course you are, Mother. | 妈 这样的生活很无趣 |
[22:50] | Why else would I suggest a DVD player? | 所以我才建议你买台DVD机 |
[22:52] | I can fill my time all by myself | 我可以安排好自己的时间 |
[22:53] | and I’d like you to drop this conversation right now. | 而且我希望你结束这个话题 |
[22:57] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿? |
[22:58] | We’re going to eat. | 我们去吃饭吧 |
[23:01] | Just because you leave the room | 就算离开了客厅 |
[23:03] | doesn’t mean the conversation’s over. | 你也躲不掉这个话题 |
[23:05] | I started the conversation. The conversation’s in me. | 我开始的话题 结束也在于我 |
[23:08] | Therefore, when I get over there, | 所以 当我来到了餐厅 |
[23:10] | the conversation’s just gonna start up again. | 我们就接着刚才的聊 |
[23:16] | This is unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[23:17] | Absolutely unbelievable. | 太难以置信了 |
[23:19] | – I feel sick. – Everything’s gone. | – 我太难受了 – 一切都完了 |
[23:20] | It’s been tossed right out the window. | 未来的规划全给打乱了 |
[23:23] | Stop crying. | 别哭了 |
[23:24] | Here Francine, drink your water. | 给 Francine 喝点水 |
[23:25] | We all need to calm down. Getting upset isn’t going to get us anywhere. | 我们必须要冷静下来 光是伤心解决不了任何问题 |
[23:29] | What do we tell people? | 我们要怎么跟大家说? |
[23:30] | Who needs to know? | 要跟谁说? |
[23:31] | What do you mean, who needs to know? | 你的意思是不让人知道? |
[23:33] | You don’t have to yell at me, Straub. | Straub 你吼我干吗 |
[23:34] | Everybody has to know, Emily. | 每个人都需要知道 Emily |
[23:36] | Everybody will know. We can’t pretend this didn’t happen. | 每个人都会知道的 我们不能假装什么都没发生 |
[23:38] | – You could send her away. – Excuse me? | – 你可以把她送走 – 你说什么? |
[23:40] | Aren’t there places that take girls like that? | 不是有地方专门收这样的女孩么? |
[23:42] | Girls like what, Francine? | 哪样的女孩 Francine? |
[23:44] | Girls in… | 就是… |
[23:46] | I can’t handle this, I can’t handle this at all. | 我受不了了 要崩溃了 |
[23:48] | Stop crying, dammit. | 别哭了 该死的 |
[23:50] | Christopher is just as much to blame as Lorelai is. | Christopher和Lorelai有同样的过错 |
[23:52] | – Like hell he is. – They are in this together. | – 说的跟真的一样 – 他们都该为这件事负责 |
[23:54] | I don’t see why. | 我没看出来 |
[23:55] | Why should Christopher sacrifice everything we’ve planned for him just because… | 为什么要让Christopher牺牲所有 我们为他安排好的未来就因为… |
[23:57] | Choose your words extremely carefully, Straub. | Straub 注意你的用词 |
[24:00] | Emily, you know we love Lorelai, you know that. | Emily 你知道我们爱Lorelai 你知道的 |
[24:03] | But Christopher’s so young, he’s a baby. | 但Christopher太年轻了 他还是个孩子 |
[24:05] | Lorelai’s not exactly collecting social security. | Lorelai也没到该交社保的年纪啊 |
[24:08] | Why doesn’t she get rid of it? | 为什么不让她拿掉孩子? |
[24:09] | – What? – Straub. | – 什么? – Straub |
[24:11] | – It’s an option. – It certainly is not an option. | – 这也是一个选择 – 绝对不能这么做 |
[24:13] | – Why not? – Because I say so. | – 为什么不行? – 我说不行就不行 |
[24:14] | Then what the hell are you suggesting, Emily? | 你到底想怎么办 Emily? |
[24:16] | What’s your great solution to this problem? | 你认为最好的解决方法是什么? |
[24:18] | They will get married, | 让他们结婚 |
[24:19] | they will live here, | 住在这里 |
[24:20] | and Christopher will go to work at my company. | Christopher去我的公司上班 |
[24:23] | That is the solution. | 这就是解决方法 |
[24:25] | Now, we have a plan | 现在我们有一个计划了 |
[24:26] | so we can all stop talking about it. | 所以别再继续争论了 |
[24:29] | Please excuse me, I have work to do. | 请原谅 我还有工作 |
[24:33] | I think Richard’s plan sounds very sensible. | 我认为Richard的想法很明智 |
[24:36] | I just have one question – why his company? | 我只有一个问题 为什么去他的公司? |
[24:38] | What do you mean, his company? | 什么意思 他的公司? |
[24:40] | Well, I have a law firm. | 我有一间法律事务所 |
[24:41] | Christopher could go to school. | Christopher可以去大学继续深造 |
[24:42] | I know we’re all upset here folks, | 我知道我们都很心烦 |
[24:44] | but maybe we should ask the kids what they think. | 但也许我们该听听孩子们的想法 |
[24:45] | Lorelai, Christopher, anything to add here? | Lorelai Christopher 你们认为怎样? |
[24:47] | Quiet, they’ll hear you. | 小声点 他们能听见 |
[24:49] | Not likely. I don’t know how much longer I can just sit here like this. | 不太可能 我快忍不住了 |
[24:52] | It’s okay, let them talk. | 没事 让他们说吧 |
[24:53] | They’re talking about us. | 他们在说我们的事情 |
[24:54] | They’re trying to figure out what to do. | 他们在努力讨论出个结果 |
[24:56] | What to do with our lives – our lives! | 来左右我们的生活 我们自己的生活啊! |
[24:58] | Yours and mine and… its. | 你的和我的还有孩子的… |
[25:00] | We’re gonna need their help. | 我们俩需要帮助 |
[25:01] | We can take care of ourselves. | 我们可以照顾好自己 |
[25:02] | – How? – We’ll figure it out. | – 怎么做? – 我们会想到的 |
[25:04] | It’s okay. It sounds okay. | 好的 听上去不错 |
[25:07] | What sounds okay? | 什么不错? |
[25:08] | You know, working for your dad, living here. | 你听到了 给你爸工作 住在这里 |
[25:10] | – It sounds okay. – Chris, no! | – 听上去不错 – 不 Chris! |
[25:11] | What about Europe? What about sleeping on a bench in Paris? | 那么我们的欧洲呢? 睡在巴黎长椅上的计划呢? |
[25:13] | – We can’t do that now. I have to get a job. – No! | – 现在做不了这个 我必须要去工作 – 不! |
[25:15] | – I have to make money. – No! | – 我必须要赚钱 – 不! |
[25:17] | It’s okay, really. | 没问题的 真的 |
[25:20] | You’re not even listening to each other. | 你根本不理会别人的想法 |
[25:22] | Oh, for God’s sake Francine, shut up! | 看在上帝的份上 Francine 别说了! |
[25:25] | So, we’ll see you next Friday at three. | 那么 下星期五 三点见 |
[25:27] | And once again, sorry for the short notice. Okay, bye. | 再说一次 很抱歉临时改计划 好的 再见 |
[25:30] | Great, who’s next? | 很好 下一个是谁? |
[25:32] | Sheldon Harnick | Sheldon Harnick. |
[25:33] | Try and set him for Wednesday. | 把他安排到星期三 |
[25:35] | Oh, and don’t tell him I’m pregnant. He hates pregnancy. | 哦 别告诉他我怀孕了 他讨厌怀孕 |
[25:38] | Oh, how about a plumbing problem? | 噢 那就说水管坏了怎样? |
[25:39] | Sounds good. | 好借口 |
[25:40] | Okay, so how are we doing? | 恩 感觉如何? |
[25:43] | I’m not sure. | 我也不知道 |
[25:44] | Don’t be nervous. Everything’s going to be just fine. | 别紧张 一切都很好 |
[25:47] | I just wanted to check on you and to see who’s going to be | 我想确认一下 在您生的时候 |
[25:49] | with you in the delivery room while it’s happening. | 谁和您一起进产房 |
[25:51] | Oh, my fiancé’s on his way. He’s on his way, right? | 噢 我的未婚夫赶过来了 他在来医院的路上 对吧? |
[25:53] | Yes, he’s on his way. | 是的 他正赶过来 |
[25:54] | Okay, so when he gets here, he’ll come in with me. | 好的 等他到了 就和我一起进去 |
[25:56] | And if he doesn’t get here in time? | 要是他不能及时赶到呢? |
[25:58] | Then we’ll just have to wait. | 那我们就等着他 |
[25:59] | I’m afraid that’s gonna be a little tough to arrange. | 这恐怕做不到 |
[26:01] | Once it starts, that’s it. | 一旦要生了 一秒钟都不能耽误 |
[26:04] | Okay, well, then I guess it’s Rory. | 行 恩 那我想就是Rory了 |
[26:07] | Right? | 行吗? |
[26:10] | Absolutely. | 噢 绝对可以 |
[26:11] | Okay, then I’m gonna get you a gown | 好的 那我去给你拿件长袍 |
[26:13] | and some gloves so you’ll be all set in case you have to go in. | 和手套 在生之前 一切都要准备好 |
[26:15] | – That sounds great. – I’ll be right back. | – 好的 没问题 – 我马上回来 |
[26:20] | Okay, where were we? | 好的 刚才打到哪里了? |
[26:22] | Listen, Sherry, I really need a cup of coffee. | Sherry 我必须去弄杯咖啡 |
[26:25] | Would you mind if I ran out really quick? | 你不介意我离开一小会吧? |
[26:27] | Oh, no, go ahead. I’ll make the next few calls myself. | 哦 不 去吧 我来接着打 |
[26:34] | – Hello? – Mom, they’re giving me gloves! | – 嗨? – 妈 他们要给我手套! |
[26:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[26:38] | I don’t want gloves, I don’t want a gown, I don’t wanna be in there. | 我不要手套 不要长袍 不想去那里 |
[26:41] | In where? | 在哪里? |
[26:42] | – In the delivery room with Sherry. – What? | – 去产房陪Sherry – 什么? |
[26:44] | Dad’s not here yet and she’s freaking out | 爸爸还没有到 她已经失控了 |
[26:46] | and she told the nurse I’m going in and… | 她告诉护士我会和她一起进… |
[26:47] | Where are her other friends? | 她的朋友呢? |
[26:48] | They had to work. I’m here all by myself | 她们都要工作 只有我一个人在这里 |
[26:50] | and I’m trying very hard to be calm but I’m starting to feel nauseous, | 我强迫自己保持冷静 但已经开始恶心了 |
[26:53] | and the hospital has a smell, and there are noises, | 医院里有股味道 而且非常吵 |
[26:56] | and those gowns do not stay closed and I’ve seen a lot of butts today! And… | 那些大褂扣得不是很紧 我今天已经看到很多屁股了! |
[26:59] | Okay, sweetie, calm down. | 好了 亲爱的 冷静下来 |
[27:00] | – I need you. – Rory. | – 我需要你 – Rory |
[27:02] | I need you, I need you here, I need you now. | 我需要你 我要你来 现在就来 |
[27:04] | I cannot do this alone. I need my Mommy, | 我一人承受不来 我想要妈妈 |
[27:06] | and dammit, I don’t care who knows it! | 该死的 我才不管谁介意呢! |
[27:08] | – What hospital is it? – Boston Memorial. | – 哪家医院? – Boston纪念医院 |
[27:10] | – I’ll be right there. – I really, really like you. | – 我马上就过去 – 我太太爱你了 |
[27:12] | Tell Sherry to keep her legs crossed ‘til I get there. | 让Sherry在我到之前盘腿坐着 |
[27:14] | – Does that work? – No. Bye. | – 管用么? – 不 挂了 |
[27:17] | Mom, I gotta go, I’m sorry. Dinner was great. | 妈 我要走了 很抱歉 晚餐很好吃 |
[27:19] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪? |
[27:21] | Sherry’s freaking out and Rory’s the only one with her, | Sherry失控了只有Rory陪着她 |
[27:23] | so I’m going to the hospital. | 所以我要赶去医院 |
[27:25] | You’re going to be with Rory’s father’s girlfriend while she has his baby? | 你要去陪Rory爸爸的女友生孩子? |
[27:28] | Gee, Mom, I can’t at all tell what your opinion on that might be. | 天啊 妈 我不管你怎么想 |
[27:31] | Why would you do this? | 你为什么要这么做? |
[27:32] | This woman pulled Christopher away from you, away from Rory. | 这个女人把Christopher 从你和Rory那里抢走了 |
[27:35] | She destroyed any chance you might have had… | 她毁掉了你可以和他在一起的机会 |
[27:37] | Rory asked me to come, that’s why I’m going. | Rory求我去 这就是原因 |
[27:39] | I don’t understand what Rory’s doing there either. | 我也不明白Rory为什么会在那里 |
[27:41] | She’s going to have a sister. | 她就要多个妹妹了 |
[27:42] | Half-sister. | 是半个妹妹 |
[27:43] | Thank you for a lovely dinner. I’ll see you next week. | 谢谢你的爱心晚餐 下星期见 |
[28:22] | – Are you done? – Yes. | – 填完了吗? – 好了 |
[28:24] | Okay. Is anyone with you, hon? | 好的 谁陪你进产房? |
[28:26] | No. | 没有 |
[28:27] | Someone will be up to get you in just a second. | 一会儿会有人送你进去 |
[28:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:00] | Excuse me, Sherry Tinsdale’s room please? | 请问Sherry Tinsdale的房间在哪? |
[29:02] | – Right through there. – Thank you. | – 右边直走 – 谢谢 |
[29:05] | Mom! | 妈! |
[29:06] | Thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 |
[29:08] | You’re welcome, and I will be holding this over you for the next ten years. | 不客气 我还会帮你撑过下个十年的 |
[29:10] | – What are you doing? – Xeroxing. | – 你在干什么? – 复印 |
[29:11] | What? | 什么? |
[29:12] | Sherry had some status reports she promised to fax to people by tomorrow | Sherry答应在明天前把这些报告传出去 |
[29:15] | but she didn’t bring enough, and so I’ve been trying to find a Xerox machine. | 但她没带够份数 我必须先去复印 |
[29:17] | I finally conned someone in ICU into letting me use theirs. | 最后略施小计让一个ICU的人 带我进去用他们的复印机 |
[29:19] | – I haven’t found a fax machine yet, but… – Okay, come on. | – 我还没找到传真机 但… – 行了 来吧 |
[29:22] | – I have to fax these. – Let’s go. | – 我要去传文件 – 我们走吧 |
[29:24] | But we have a deadline. | 但文件不等人的 |
[29:26] | Yes, I’m having them faxed over right now. | 是的 文件正在传呢 |
[29:29] | Yes, that’s right. | 对 是这样 |
[29:30] | I’m not sure if the numbers I have are the numbers that you have. | 我不确定号码对不对 |
[29:33] | That’s right, that’s bad. | 是的 那就糟了 |
[29:36] | I think you should, too. | 我想你也该这样 |
[29:38] | – Did you get those things faxed? – Sherry, hang up. | – 你把这些传出去了么? – Sherry 把电话挂了 |
[29:41] | – No, I have to finish this call. – Just say goodbye. | – 不 我还没讲完 – 说再见就行了 |
[29:43] | – But… – You’ll call ‘em back. | – 但是… – 回头再打吧 |
[29:44] | Hi. Sherry’s gonna have to call you back. | 嗨 Sherry会再打给你 |
[29:47] | – Yeah, I promise. Okay, goodbye. – No, that was work. | – 是 我确定 好 再见 – 别挂 那是工作啊 |
[29:50] | Sherry, you really shouldn’t be working right now. | Sherry 你现在真的不能再工作了 |
[29:53] | I can’t just stop everything because I’m… | 我不能什么都不做 只因为我… |
[29:56] | Having a baby. Admitting it is the first step, honey. | 要生孩子了 亲爱的 认识这点是首要的 |
[29:58] | I’m not ready. I had it planned. | 我没准备好 本来都计划好了 |
[30:00] | – Christopher was supposed to be here. – I know. | – Christopher也该在这里的 – 我知道 |
[30:02] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[30:04] | The first thing you have to do is calm down and stop working. | 你首先要做的就是平静下来并停止工作 |
[30:06] | And the second thing is, you need to tell me why you’re sitting like that. | 接着告诉我你为什么这样坐着 |
[30:09] | Maureen told me that Howard Stern said | Maureen告诉我 Howard Stern曾说过 |
[30:10] | that if you squat, it makes the baby come out faster. | 如果蹲着坐 孩子会出来的快一些 |
[30:12] | Okay, as long as you have a sane reason from a reliable source. | 好吧 只要你觉得这符合情理 |
[30:16] | – I’m scared. – I know. | – 我害怕 – 我知道 |
[30:17] | It’s scary, and it hurts like hell. | 这很可怕 痛的都想死了 |
[30:20] | And remember, when it comes out not to look at it too hard | 记着当孩子生出来后 先不要认真去看 |
[30:22] | until they give it a good cleaning, or you’ll think you gave birth to phlegm. | 等护士帮孩子清理好了再看 否则你会觉得你赋予了”痰”生命 |
[30:25] | But, once they give it a good scrub, it’s just unbelievably cool. | 但当护士把宝宝洗刷干净 她绝对是不可思议的漂亮 |
[30:29] | Yeah? | 真的? |
[30:30] | And look how good they grow up. Not bad, huh? | 看看她长得多好 不错吧? |
[30:34] | I hope I get that lucky. | 希望我的孩子也能这么优秀 |
[30:36] | I’ve got a good feeling. | 一定会不错的 |
[30:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:42] | Lorelai? | Lorelai? |
[30:43] | Yeah? | 恩? |
[30:44] | My ankles are starting to hurt. | 我的脚腕开始疼了 |
[30:46] | Okay, grab an arm. | 好的 抓住她的胳膊 |
[30:52] | I’m glad you’re here. | 真感谢你在这里 |
[30:54] | At this moment, you probably should be. | 这个时候 你会这么想 |
[31:05] | – She’s jogging in place. – Why? | – 她在原地跑步 – 为什么? |
[31:07] | I think she’s hoping to aerobicize the thing right out of there. | 我想她希望把孩子给跑出来 |
[31:10] | Should we stop her? | 要阻止她么? |
[31:11] | I tried. She almost took an eye out. | 我试过了 她拼命反抗 |
[31:12] | That can’t be good for the baby. | 这样对宝宝不好吧 |
[31:14] | It’s probably no worse | 早产一星期可能比… |
[31:15] | than the guilt trip it’s gonna get for showing up a week early. | 当街羞辱示众好不到哪里去 |
[31:17] | You do know it’s a girl. | 你知道是个女孩吧 |
[31:18] | Yes, I should probably stop calling it “it”. Her “it”. | 知道 我不该再用”它”来称呼 她的”它” |
[31:22] | I was just bringing you some coffee. | 我给你买了杯咖啡 |
[31:23] | Thanks. Did you try calling your dad again? | 谢谢 给你爸打电话了么? |
[31:25] | His cell’s not in service or out of range or something. | 他的电话要么不在服务区 要么就无法接通 |
[31:28] | You do know if he doesn’t get here, I have to go in with her. | 你知道如果他赶不来 我就必须陪她一起进去 |
[31:31] | Yes, I do. | 我知道 |
[31:31] | I don’t want to go in with her. | 我实在不想和她一起进去 |
[31:32] | At least you know what’s gonna happen. | 至少你还有点经验啊 |
[31:34] | I had the cheap seat before. My view was quite a bit different. | 我是经历过 就是视角不太一样 |
[31:39] | Hey, should we buy a camera or something? | 嘿 我们要不要买个相机或什么的? |
[31:40] | For what? | 干什么用? |
[31:41] | If Dad doesn’t get here, shouldn’t we maybe… | 如果爸赶不到 我们是不是应该… |
[31:43] | No. | 不要 |
[31:43] | – But… – No. | – 但… – 不要 |
[31:44] | – Mom. – No. | – 妈 – 不 |
[31:45] | I just thought it would be nice. | 我觉得这样会好一点 |
[31:48] | Lor Rory! Lor, Rory! | |
[31:49] | Oh, thank God you’re here, Chris. | 谢天谢地 你来了 Chris |
[31:51] | Has it happened? Did I miss it? | 生了么?我错过了么? |
[31:52] | – No. – You have perfect timing. | – 没有 – 你来得正是时候 |
[31:54] | I must’ve broken fifteen different laws getting here. | 我一路横冲直撞赶过来 |
[31:56] | I don’t even remember where I left my car. | 都不记得把车停哪了 |
[31:58] | I thought I wasn’t gonna make it. | 我以为我赶不上了呢 |
[31:59] | Take a breath, you did make it, and Sherry’s gonna be thrilled. | 深呼吸 你赶到了 Sherry会很高兴的 |
[32:02] | – Where is she? – Come on. | – 她在哪儿? – 跟我来 |
[32:03] | – Is this… – Yeah. | – 是这个… – 是 |
[32:06] | – Sherry! – Christopher, you’re here! | – Sherry! – Christopher 你到了! |
[32:09] | I can’t believe you’re here. I didn’t think you’d make it. | 你到了! 我还以为你赶不来了呢 |
[32:12] | Are you kidding? You think I’d miss this. | 开什么玩笑? 你认为我会错过生孩子么 |
[32:14] | No, I’m sorry. It’s just, I’m just in a lot of pain and I can’t think straight. | 不 抱歉 我只是 肚子疼的不能思考了 |
[32:17] | I take it this is your fiancé. | 这位是你的未婚夫吧 |
[32:19] | Yeah, this is him. | 是的 |
[32:20] | This is my Christopher. | 他是我的Christopher |
[32:22] | Well, Christopher, are you coming in with us? | 好的 Christopher 你要一起进产房吗? |
[32:23] | Try and stop me. | 我肯定要进去 |
[32:25] | Okay, let’s go then. | 好的 我们走吧 |
[32:30] | We’ll be right here, waiting. | 我们就在这里等着 |
[32:31] | Have fun. | 去享受吧 |
[32:33] | Have fun? | 享受? |
[32:35] | Well… | 恩… |
[32:39] | Okay, this is a big pain and I’d really like it to go away, please. | 实在是太疼了 我真的不想生了 |
[32:42] | Just breathe deep, honey. | 亲爱的 深呼吸 |
[32:43] | Breathing doesn’t help, can I hit you instead? | 深呼吸没有用 我能打你吗? |
[32:44] | What? | 什么? |
[32:45] | Or pinch you really hard, ‘cause that might make me feel better. | 或者使劲掐你 那样我会好受点 |
[32:47] | No, you cannot hit me. | 不 你不能打我 |
[32:48] | Can I bite you or pull your hair or use the Epilady on you | 我能咬你 扯你的头发 或给你用电动修毛刀 |
[32:50] | ‘cause I really need to do something. | 因为我实在要分散一下注意力 |
[32:51] | Lorelai Gilmore! | Lorelai Gilmore! |
[32:53] | Wheel this a little faster, please. | 请快点推 |
[32:55] | Lorelai, you do not do this. You do not just leave a person a note. | Lorelai 你怎么能这么做 你不能就只留张条子 |
[32:58] | Okay, see the timing here? | 这都什么时候啦? |
[32:59] | “Dear Mom and Dad, I’m in labor. See you later, Lorelai.” | “亲爱的爸妈 我去生孩子了 一会儿见 Lorelai “ |
[33:02] | Emily, please, I feel ridiculous. | Emiliy 别这样 太荒唐了 |
[33:04] | You’re having a baby – do you know that, Lorelai? | 你要生孩子了 明白么 Lorelai? |
[33:06] | That explains the stomachache. | 是啊 所以我才会”胃疼” |
[33:08] | You do not leave your house when you are having a baby | 要生孩子的时候 你不该擅自离家 |
[33:09] | without telling your mother. You say, “Excuse me, Mom. | 而不告诉你妈 你应该说 “打扰了 妈妈… |
[33:12] | I’m having a baby, give me a ride to the damn hospital!” | 我要生了 请载我去医院!” |
[33:14] | Emily, please, I wore the wrong shoes for this. | Emily 别说了 我担心的都穿错鞋子了 |
[33:16] | Of all the things in the world I had a right to do, | 在所有我有权做的事情里 |
[33:18] | driving my daughter to the hospital to give birth, | 开车载我女儿到医院来生产 |
[33:20] | especially since she’s sixteen years old and doesn’t have her driver’s license yet, | 特别是在她只有16岁 连驾照都没有的情况下 |
[33:24] | is definitely one of them. | 这是我绝对应该做的事 |
[33:25] | Ma’am, I need to wait out here, please. | 女士 请在外面等 |
[33:27] | Why? | 为什么? |
[33:28] | Because we’re going into the delivery room. | 我们要进产房了 |
[33:29] | I want to go in. | 我要一起进去 |
[33:30] | – No, Mom, please. – Yes, Emily, please. | – 不 妈妈 别 – 是啊 Emily 算了 |
[33:33] | Fine, we’ll be right here when you’re done. | 好吧 我们就在外面等 |
[33:34] | Super. | 很好 |
[33:35] | And do not think we’re finished discussing this, young lady, | 丫头 别以为我们已经谈完了 |
[33:37] | – because we are not! – Emily, let’s just sit here. | – 还早着呢 – Emily 坐吧 |
[33:44] | – I’m glad he got here. – Yeah. Me, too. | – 他来了真是太好了 – 恩 我也这么觉得 |
[33:47] | So I guess now we wait? | 那么我们就等着了? |
[33:48] | Yup, now we wait. | 是啊 等着吧 |
[33:56] | Kirk, how long are you gonna sit here? | Kirk 你还要呆多久? |
[33:58] | What do you mean? | 你想说什么? |
[33:59] | It’s been four hours. Go home. | 已经4个小时了 回家吧 |
[34:00] | It’s boring at home. My TV’s broken. | 家里无聊 我电视坏了 |
[34:02] | – So do something else. – Like what? | – 那就做点别的 – 比如呢? |
[34:03] | – Read a book. – What book? | – 看书啊 – 看什么书? |
[34:04] | – Any book. – I’m gonna need a suggestion. | – 随便 – 推荐一本嘛 |
[34:06] | Moby Dick | Moby Dick. |
[34:07] | – That’s about the whale? – Yes. | – 关于鲸鱼的? – 对 |
[34:09] | No. What else? | 不想看 还有其他的么? |
[34:11] | Forget it, just sit there. | 算了 你还是坐在这儿吧 |
[34:13] | So he just drove all the way to New York, picked up the cheese, | 他一路开车去纽约 买了芝士 |
[34:16] | drove back. Nobody talked about it ever again. | 然后再开回来 从此就没人谈起这个了 |
[34:19] | Oh, God, I love cheese. | 噢 上帝 我爱芝士 |
[34:20] | You would’ve gotten along very well with my father. | 你会和我父亲处得很好的 |
[34:23] | So, you want some coffee? | 恩 要喝咖啡吗? |
[34:24] | I would love some coffee. | 要一杯吧 |
[34:25] | Have a seat. Jess, coffee over here. | 请坐 Jess 来杯咖啡 |
[34:28] | So, I have to say, | 说实话 |
[34:30] | I really hated that restaurant. | 我实在讨厌那个餐馆 |
[34:31] | Good, I like that we’re on the same page here. | 好极了 跟我一样 |
[34:34] | I did, however, have a really good time. | 不过今晚我过的很愉快 |
[34:36] | Once again, I like that we’re on the same page here. | 再一次 我和你一样 |
[34:39] | – Okay, coffee. – Thank you. | – 咖啡来了 – 谢谢 |
[34:41] | Did you have a good time? | 今晚玩的开心吗? |
[34:42] | Yes, we had a really good time. | 是的 我们都很开心 |
[34:44] | Okay, well, I’m going to go out for about an hour. | 好的 我想出去一个小时 |
[34:46] | What are you talking about? It’s 11:30. | 你说什么? 现在已经11点半了 |
[34:47] | I know. I’m just gonna go out for about an hour. | 我知道 一个小时就行 |
[34:49] | – Where? – Out. | – 去哪里? – 外面 |
[34:50] | – Out where? – Out for about an hour. | – 外面哪里? – 就出去一小时 |
[34:52] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么? |
[34:53] | I’m talking about going out for about an hour. | 我就是想出去待一小时 |
[34:56] | What – you need more time? | 怎么 你要我呆久一点? |
[34:57] | Nicole, will you excuse me for a minute? | Nicole 请允许我失陪一下? |
[34:59] | – Sure. – Okay. | – 行啊 – 好的 |
[35:12] | They have amazing communication. | 他们沟通的很好 |
[35:27] | I guess I’m not going out for about an hour. | 我想我出不去了 |
[35:28] | Say goodnight, Jess. | Jess 说晚安 |
[35:29] | I don’t understand you, man. | 我不懂你 伙计 |
[35:31] | My mystique is part of my charm. | 神秘感是我魅力的一部分 |
[35:32] | You at least want me to take a walk around the block? | 你至少希望我出去走一圈吧? |
[35:34] | – Jess. – Take an extra long shower? | – Jess – 洗一个长长的澡呢? |
[35:35] | – Go upstairs. – Sorry, I tried. | – 上楼去 – 抱歉 我尽力了 |
[35:45] | Lor? | Lor? |
[35:47] | Are you a daddy? | 你当爸爸了? |
[35:50] | Come on, come look. | 来 过来瞧瞧 |
[35:52] | We’ll wake Rory later. | 一会儿再叫醒Rory |
[36:08] | So how was it? | 感觉如何? |
[36:09] | Oh, man, Lor, in my wildest dreams, I never could’ve imagined. | 哦 天 Lor 在我最疯狂的梦里 也想象不出这个场面 |
[36:12] | I’ve never been that nervous or terrified or nauseous in my entire life. | 我这辈子从没这么紧张 这么担心这么恶心过 |
[36:17] | It was like the most amazing thing ever in the world. | 就像是世界上最不可思议的事情 |
[36:22] | It was like… | 就像是… |
[36:23] | – You know. – Yes, I do know. | – 你懂吧 – 我懂 |
[36:25] | I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我从来没经历过这些 |
[36:27] | And Sherry was great. | Sherry太伟大了 |
[36:29] | I’m flying, I mean it, I’m flying. | 我好像在飞 说真的 我在飞 |
[36:34] | There. | 那儿 |
[36:36] | – That’s my daughter. – I can tell. | – 那是我女儿 – 我能认出来 |
[36:39] | How? | 怎么认? |
[36:40] | I think she conned that one out of his blanket. | 那儿写着呢 |
[36:43] | She’s perfect. | 她太完美了 |
[36:45] | Rory was perfect. | Rory也很完美 |
[36:48] | She, however, is a good solid second. | 她跟Rory差不多完美 |
[36:51] | I just can’t believe it. | 真不可思议 |
[36:55] | She’s beautiful, | 她真美 |
[36:57] | really. | 真的 |
[36:58] | Congratulations Christopher. | 恭喜你 Christopher |
[37:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:02] | Thank you for everything. | 谢谢你做的一切 |
[37:06] | Of course. | 我应该做的 |
[37:20] | – She’s pretty. – She’s perfect. | – 她真美 – 她很完美 |
[37:24] | So, I guess we should get married. | 我们结婚吧 |
[37:35] | I should wake Rory, don’t you think? | 我去叫醒Rory 行吗? |
[37:38] | Yeah, she’d like to see this. | 恩 她肯定想看看 |
[37:51] | I’ll get it, Leloni. You find out where that smell is coming from. | 我来开门 Leloni 你去看看什么东西烧着了 |
[37:56] | – Lorelai. – Hi, Mom. | – Lorelai – 嗨 妈 |
[37:58] | What on Earth are you doing here? What is this? | 你来干吗?这是什么? |
[38:00] | This is your new DVD player. | 这是你的新DVD机 |
[38:01] | My what? | 我的什么? |
[38:02] | Plus, I picked up Singin’ in the Rain, Funny Girl, | 同时 我还买了雨中曲 滑稽女郎 |
[38:05] | Easter Parade, An American in Paris, and as an added bonus, | 复活节大游行 一个美国人在巴黎 还有额外的惊喜礼物… |
[38:08] | the new classic dance series – Urban Cowboy, Saturday Night Fever, | 新古典舞蹈系列 有 都市牛郎 周末夜狂热 |
[38:11] | Grease, Footloose, and Flashdance. | 油脂 浑身是劲和闪舞 |
[38:12] | Trust me, you’re gonna be cutting up your sweatshirts all weekend. | 相信我 整个周末你会high翻天的 |
[38:16] | Why did you do this? | 你为什么要买这些? |
[38:17] | ‘Cause I thought you’d enjoy it. | 因为我觉得你会喜欢的 |
[38:18] | But I don’t know anything about a DVD player. | 但我不会用DVD机 |
[38:20] | Mom, trust me, once it’s hooked up, | 妈 相信我 组装好后 |
[38:23] | all you’ll have to know is how to press play. | 你就只用按按播放键就行 |
[38:25] | – But who’s gonna hook it up? – I am. | – 谁来装呢? – 我啊 |
[38:26] | You know how to hook this up? | 你会弄吗? |
[38:28] | I know how to read an instruction manual. | 我会看说明书哇 |
[38:29] | – Since when? – Please. | – 从什么时候开始的? – 拜托 |
[38:31] | Maybe we should get a professional. | 或许我们该找个专业人员来弄 |
[38:32] | I can do this. Just give me five seconds here. | 我能弄的 给我五分钟 |
[38:36] | Well? | 怎么样? |
[38:38] | Well, can you do it? | 恩 你真的会弄吗? |
[38:40] | Oh, just forget it. | 哦 算了吧 |
[38:41] | Mom, please, just let me focus on this for one more second, | 妈 拜托 让我集中精力研究一下 |
[38:45] | and if I cannot do it, I’ll get a professional DVD guy in here to install it, okay? | 如果我真的弄不好 再请专业人员来安装 好么? |
[38:50] | I still don’t understand why you got me this. | 我还是想不通你干吗要这么做 |
[38:53] | I love this movie. | 我喜欢这部电影! |
[38:59] | Lorelai, we’re leaving! | Lorelai 我们要走了! |
[39:01] | What do you know? She finally put Rory’s stroller away. | 知道吗?她终于把Rory的婴儿车放回去了 |
[39:03] | It’s the first time in a year I haven’t tripped over that thing. | 这是今年的头一次 我没有被那个绊倒 |
[39:05] | Where’s my scarf? | 我的围巾放哪了? |
[39:06] | I told Tina to put everything out for you, Richard. | 我让Tina把你的东西都放外面了 |
[39:08] | – Out where? – Look on the table. | – 外面哪里? – 就在桌子上啊 |
[39:10] | You have to be more specific with her, Emily. | 你应该说的更详细 Emily |
[39:12] | Fine, Richard. | 好的 Richard |
[39:12] | There should be a designated place to put things. | 该有个专门的地方来放这些东西 |
[39:15] | Whatever you say, Richard. | 听你的 Richard |
[39:16] | Lorelai, we are leaving! Please acknowledge that! | Lorelai 我们要走了 答应一声! |
[39:19] | Where is that girl? | 这孩子去哪了? |
[39:21] | This is not the scarf I asked for. | 这不是我要戴的围巾 |
[39:23] | It looks fine. Can you just wear it? | 看上去不错啊 就戴这条吧? |
[39:25] | No, I’m gonna go back upstairs | 不 我要上楼去 |
[39:27] | and get the scarf I intended to wear in the first place. | 拿那条我一开始就要戴的围巾 |
[39:29] | I’m surprised at you Emily. | 你的态度很让我惊讶 Emily |
[39:31] | These are your friends we’re seeing tonight. | 今晚出席的都是你的朋友 |
[39:33] | You would have thought that my appearance would be a priority for you. | 你应该把我的装扮 看得比你自己的更重要 |
[39:36] | I didn’t want to go to this thing in the first place. | 我本来都不想去的 |
[39:39] | I have an early meeting in the morning, | 明早我要开早会 |
[39:41] | and I would much rather go to bed | 我现在宁愿上床睡觉 |
[39:43] | and ignore the fact that the symphony has to reupholster its mezzanine this year. | 也不想去感受交响乐团 今年新翻修的包厢座椅 |
[39:48] | Emily? | Emily? |
[39:52] | Emily? | Emily? |
[39:55] | – Well, can you do it? – I have no idea. | – 你会弄了? – 完全不会 |
[39:57] | Where are you going? Are you going to take it back? | 你要去哪? 要把它送回去吗? |
[39:59] | – I’m going upstairs. – Why? | – 我要到楼上去 – 为什么? |
[40:00] | I think I should put this in your bedroom. That’s your best TV. | 我想该把它放在你的卧室里 因为那有家里最好的电视机 |
[40:02] | You just said you didn’t know how to hook that up. | 你才说你不会装的 |
[40:04] | I’ll figure it out. | 我会想出来的 |
[40:05] | But there are wires involved and connections and electricity. | 但那又有电线 又有接头 都带电呢 |
[40:08] | You could hurt yourself or set the house on fire. | 你会伤着自己或把房子给烧了的 |
[40:09] | “In your Easter bonnet…” In your Easter bonnet… | |
[40:12] | – You could ruin our television set. – … with all the frills upon it, | – 你会把电视弄坏的 – “…with all the frills upon it” |
[40:14] | “you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade” you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade. | |
[40:19] | – I’ll be all in clover… – I don’t like being ignored, Lorelai. | – “I’ll be all in clover…” – 听话 Lorelai |
[40:21] | “… and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade” … and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade. | |
[40:41] | Synchro: Amariss – www.foromfr.com – |