时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | – Mail! – Mail! | – 信来啦! – 信来啦! |
[00:16] | Hurry up! Where are your shoes? | 快点!你的鞋呢? |
[00:17] | – I’ll get ‘em later. – No, get ‘em now. | – 我一会儿再穿 – 现在就换上 |
[00:19] | – Why? – Why? | – 为啥? – 为啥? |
[00:20] | Because if your Harvard acceptance letter is in that batch of mail | 因为如果你的哈佛录取通知在那堆信里 |
[00:22] | and you do not have shoes on, we can’t run off immediately and celebrate. | 你又没鞋穿 我们就不能马上跑出去庆祝 |
[00:25] | All of our happiness will be on hold until you come back inside | 那股高兴劲儿要憋到你回到屋里 |
[00:28] | and put on your shoes. | 把鞋穿上… |
[00:29] | Is that what you want to put a hold on happiness? | 你真想这么憋着? |
[00:31] | What’s the difference if we wait then or we wait now? | 我们现在等和一会儿等有什么区别吗? |
[00:32] | Because we are not happy now. | 因为我们现在不开心 |
[00:34] | Right, okay. | 对啊 好吧 |
[00:35] | No laces, just get ‘em on your feet. | 别系带儿了 登上就行 |
[00:39] | Let’s go! | 快走啦! |
[00:44] | – Kirk! – Kirk! | – Kirk! – Kirk! |
[00:46] | Good morning, ladies. | 早安 女士们 |
[00:47] | Is there an envelope in there? | 信来了吗? |
[00:48] | A big envelope, not a little envelope. | 一个大信封装的 不是小的 |
[00:49] | Yeah, a big envelope means she’s in, | 嗯 大信封代表她被录取了 |
[00:50] | a little envelope means she needs to marry rich. | 小信封的话 恐怕她得嫁个有钱人了 |
[00:52] | Just one second, please. | 稍等下 好吗 |
[00:54] | Aren’t you supposed to go through the mail before you get here? | 你过来前没整理一下吗? |
[00:56] | Some work that way. | 有人会那么做 |
[00:57] | Personally, I think it takes the spontaneity out of the job. | 我个人觉得那样会 丧失掉投递工作的自然性 |
[00:59] | Need some help? | 我们帮你吧? |
[01:00] | Sorry, federal law prohibits it. | 对不起 法律可不允许 |
[01:01] | Any chance you could go faster? | 你能快点儿吗? |
[01:03] | Yeah, you got a girl’s future in that sack of yours, Santa. | 是啊 一个女孩的前途 可都在你的大礼袋里了 圣诞老人 |
[01:06] | – Thank you for adding the Santa. – Any time. | – “圣诞老人”说的好 – 不客气 |
[01:08] | You know what I’ve noticed? | 你知道我发现什么了吗? |
[01:08] | It wouldn’t be any mail in there with our names on it, would it? | 这里该不会没有寄给我们的信吧? |
[01:11] | I’ve noticed people don’t slow down anymore. | 我发现人们不再 懂得放慢生活的脚步 |
[01:13] | Guess I’ve got time to tie my shoes. | 我可有时间系带儿了 |
[01:17] | No one stops to smell a nice flower or look at a puppy. | 没人停下来 去闻闻花香或看看狗狗 |
[01:20] | You’re absolutely right. | 一点儿没错 |
[01:21] | No one stops to ask how you’re doing… | 没人停下来问问 你好吗… |
[01:24] | is your family well, did you see that game last night? | 你家人好吗 你昨晚看那场比赛了吗? |
[01:26] | Yeah, people suck. Is that ours? | 是啊 这样做人的确不对 那是我们的吗? |
[01:28] | What? Oh. Mrs. Rita Flora. Nope. | 什么?噢 Rita Flora女士 不是 |
[01:30] | – Rats. – It could still be in there. | – 乱说 – 信可能还在里面 |
[01:32] | Rita Flora – didn’t she die? | Rita Flora? 她还在世? |
[01:33] | While you were delivering her mail? | 你这不是给她送信呢吗? |
[01:35] | She did die. She died last week. | 她的确去世了 上周去世的 |
[01:36] | Kirk | Kirk. |
[01:37] | They’re supposed to put your mail on hold when you die. | 如果你西归了 信就该搁置 |
[01:39] | Okay, let’s go back inside. | 得了 咱们回去吧 |
[01:40] | What about the envelope? | 那大信封怎么办? |
[01:41] | We’ll check back on our way to Luke’s… for dinner. | 咱们去Luke那边…吃晚餐时再看 |
[01:43] | Hey, one for Kirk. | 嘿 这儿有封我的 |
[02:42] | It’s getting frustrating. | 越来越糟了 |
[02:43] | I mean, there’s so many great songs that have been written post-Cobain, | 我是说 柯本 之后又有很多很棒的歌 |
[02:46] | but try and convince Zach of that. | 但想把这点跟Zach说明白… |
[02:47] | I mean, he’s impossible, stubborn, and just a tad intellectually challenged, | 我是说 他不可理喻 又固执 简直就是个智障儿童 |
[02:50] | in case you haven’t noticed. | 怕你还没注意到 |
[02:51] | – Lane, honey? – Yeah? | – Lane 宝贝? – 嗯? |
[02:52] | Just, could you, with the sticks there, I can’t… | 你能不能 别再敲了 我… |
[02:53] | Oh, sorry. Nervous habit. | 噢 不好意思 一紧张就这样 |
[02:55] | Mom’s a little crabby this morning. | 妈妈今天早上有点烦躁 |
[02:56] | I’m not crabby, I’m very, very ill. | 我不是烦躁 是贵体欠安 |
[02:58] | – With allergies. – Deadly allergies. | – 还过敏 – 严重的过敏 |
[03:00] | Sorry, didn’t mean to minimize your condition. | 对不起 我不是故意轻化您的病情 |
[03:01] | Should we make funeral arrangements now? | 我们需要现在就准备后事吗? |
[03:03] | Yes. But make sure you can get your money back in case this stuff works. | 准备吧 不过这玩意要是起效了 你可得确定能把钱收回来啊 |
[03:05] | Where did you get those? | 这是你从哪儿弄来的? |
[03:07] | Found ‘em in your room. | 你房间里呀 |
[03:07] | These expired in ‘98. | 98年就过期啦 |
[03:09] | So, what, I should take four? | 那怎么样 我应该吃4粒吗? |
[03:10] | Yes, that’s exactly my point. | 是啊 我正是此意 |
[03:11] | Here. | 来了 |
[03:12] | – New menus. – Very fancy. | – 新菜单 – 真不错 |
[03:14] | – Why’d you get new menus? – It was time. | – 怎么改版啦? – 是时候了 |
[03:16] | But I had made little doodles with my name | 但原来那些有我名字的涂鸦 |
[03:20] | Sorry. | 不好意思了 |
[03:21] | It took me years to hit every menu. | 我花了好多年才把每一本都画过来 |
[03:23] | And these have super heavy plastic over them. How am I gonna doodle? | 这些覆着厚重塑料壳的 叫我怎么画啊? |
[03:25] | Has it ever occurred to you that the super heavy plastic is there | 你有没有想过厚塑料壳 |
[03:28] | to discourage the doodling? | 就是为了防止你乱画啊 |
[03:30] | – Hey, this looks different. – It’s not different. | – 嘿 看起来有点不一样哦 – 没什么不一样 |
[03:31] | – It’s totally different. – It’s not that different. | – 肯定不一样 – 也没那么不一样 |
[03:33] | There are more salads. | 多了些萨拉 |
[03:34] | Three more salads. | 多了3种萨拉 |
[03:35] | Three more salads – who needs three more salads? | 多3种?谁要得了3种? |
[03:37] | One was enough. | 一种足够了 |
[03:38] | – Well, Nicole said… – Nicole said. | – 嗯… Nicole说… – Nicole说 |
[03:39] | There wasn’t really that much for her to eat on the menu, so I just… | 菜单上的菜品满足不了她 所以我… |
[03:42] | Oh, you added three more salads just for Nicole. | 噢 原来那3种是为Nicole加的 |
[03:44] | When I asked you to add chili-topped Pringles, you said no. | 我叫你加有辣酱的品客薯片 你都不甩 |
[03:47] | And I stand by that. | 我支持这想法 |
[03:48] | How come Nicole gets three salads and I still get a no? | 为什么Nicole如愿以偿我却什么都没? |
[03:50] | Because Nicole is his girlfriend. | 因为Nicole是他女朋友 |
[03:52] | Nicole is not my girlfriend, | 她不是 |
[03:53] | Nicole is the woman that I am dating, that’s it. | 我不过和Nicole约会罢了 就这么简单 |
[03:56] | So what happens when you guys get serious, | 她要真成了你女朋友会怎么样 |
[03:57] | the whole place goes soy? | 你会把整个店搞得娘里娘气吗? |
[03:58] | Just order, please. | 拜托 点餐吧 |
[03:59] | Did you take off the Monte Cristo sandwich? | 你把基督山三明治撤啦? |
[04:01] | – Well, I… – No! | – 我… – 不! |
[04:02] | You did, you took off the Monte Cristo sandwich. | 你的确 的确把基督山三明治给撤了 |
[04:05] | I omitted a few obsolete dishes. | 我淘汰了些过气菜品 |
[04:06] | I can’t believe Nicole made you take off the Monte Cristo. | 我简直不敢相信Nicole让你 撤掉了基督山三明治 |
[04:09] | She’s got you menu-whipped. | 她把你的菜单搅得一团糟 |
[04:10] | She does not have me menu-whipped. | 她没有搅和菜单 |
[04:12] | I took off a disgusting ridiculous sandwich | 我只是撤掉个恶心可笑的三明治 |
[04:15] | that no one has ever ordered, including the three of you. | 那玩意儿从来就没人点 包括你们三个 |
[04:17] | But just having it there made us feel like we always could. | 但留着它 我们才有可能会点啊 |
[04:19] | – It was comforting. – Like soup. | – 让人欣慰 – 就像汤 |
[04:21] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[04:22] | It was comforting like deep-fried ham and cheese soup. | 就像炸火腿和奶酪汤一样 让人内心有着落 |
[04:24] | And even though I never ordered it, | 就算我从没点过 |
[04:26] | I talked about ordering it, haven’t I? | 我说过要点 对吧? |
[04:28] | On several occasions. | 说了好几次呢 |
[04:29] | So you’ve not only eliminated a sandwich, | 看见啦? 你不但撤走了三明治 |
[04:31] | you’ve eliminated a conversation piece. | 还撤走了我们的话题 |
[04:33] | Now what will we talk about? | 我们现在还能谈什么? |
[04:34] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[04:39] | Here. Old menus, everything’s there. Knock yourselves out. | 这儿 老菜单 都在这儿了 点吧 |
[04:43] | How come everybody else gets a new menu? | 为什么别人的都是新菜单? |
[04:50] | I feel much better now. | 我觉得好多了 |
[04:53] | Well, I must say I’m glad to see that simply because the SATs are over, | 我很高兴 虽然SAT考试结束了 |
[04:56] | most of you are still taking your classwork seriously. | 大多数同学对待功课依然认真 |
[05:00] | Most of you. | 大多数哟 |
[05:01] | Michael Mason | Michael Mason. |
[05:03] | Worth every wrong answer. | 怎么错都值 |
[05:05] | All right, before we continue, | 好了 我们继续之前 |
[05:07] | I would like to remind you that the Chilton Bicentennial celebration | 我想提醒你们Chilton两百周年庆典 |
[05:10] | takes place next week. | 在下周举行 |
[05:12] | Number four. | 4号 |
[05:14] | – Well done. – The official sign up sheet | – 不错 – 校方已经签字 |
[05:15] | for the speech contest has gone up in the back of the room. | 演讲比赛时间敲定 |
[05:17] | The contest will be held on Friday, and the winner | 将于周五举行 |
[05:20] | will present their speech at the ceremony next week. | 获胜者将在下周的典礼上做演讲 |
[05:22] | Now, some of you may be saying to yourself, | 也许 你们有些人会对自己说 |
[05:24] | ‘Hey, I already turned in my college application. | 嘿 我已经交了学院申请了 |
[05:26] | Why should I spend all this time entering a speech competition, | 干嘛还要花这么多时间 参加演讲比赛? |
[05:29] | which if I win means I have to give up a Friday night, | 赢就意味着又要搭个周五晚进去 |
[05:32] | when I can’t even use it for my resume? | 不能用这时间写简历了 |
[05:34] | What’s in it for me?’ | 我有什么好处? |
[05:35] | Wow, that was spooky. | 哇 怪吓人的 |
[05:36] | Yes, the speech will not go on your record. | 的确 演讲不能为你的档案添什么彩 |
[05:38] | However, the bicentennial is going to be quite a prestigious affair. | 但 “两百周年”可是足以炫耀的 |
[05:41] | Past alumni and faculty will be there, | 届时 老校友和全体教员都会到场 |
[05:44] | some of these people are now professors at the same schools | 他们中有的人现在还是 同一学校的教授呢 |
[05:46] | you’re planning an attending. | 你们准备要参加了吗? |
[05:47] | Plus, C-SPAN will be broadcasting the event live. | 另外 C-SPAN频道将对庆典现场直播 |
[05:50] | All in all, it’s shaping up to be a very exciting event. | 总言之 会是个激动人心的庆典 |
[05:53] | Think about it. | 好好想想吧 |
[05:54] | Oh, I almost forgot to welcome back Brad Langford. | 噢 差点忘了 欢迎Brad Langford回来 |
[05:57] | He returns to us fresh from Broadway | 他从百老汇重新回到我们中间 |
[05:59] | where he’s just completed a successful run of Into the Woods. | 他刚成功地参演完<拜访森林> |
[06:02] | Welcome back, Brad. | 欢迎回来 Brad |
[06:03] | Thank you. It’s good to be back. | 谢谢 回来真好 |
[06:07] | All right everyone, have a lovely rest of the day. | 就这样 好好享受课余时光吧 |
[06:09] | I will see you tomorrow. | 咱们明天见 |
[06:13] | Rory, hi. | Rory 嗨 |
[06:14] | Hey Brad, good to have you back. How was Broadway? | 嘿 Brad 很高兴你回来 在百老汇觉得怎么样? |
[06:16] | It was great, but Nathan Lane is a very bitter man. | 太棒了 但内森·莱恩这人很是刻薄 |
[06:18] | I’ve heard that. | 我听说过 |
[06:19] | You know, I tell you, even more than the actual experience of performing live, | 告诉你吧 不单单是表演方面的经验 |
[06:22] | the confidence it gives you in every aspect of your life, | 你生活各方面的信心都会提升 |
[06:25] | that’s the most amazing thing. | 那才是最可贵之处 |
[06:26] | Well, you do look rather confident. | 哎呀 你看起来真信心十足啊 |
[06:28] | Hey, it’s the new me. | 嘿 我焕然一新了吧 |
[06:29] | So, Brad… Broadway, I must know. | Brad…百老汇 一定得告诉我 |
[06:32] | Yes? | 什么? |
[06:33] | Did you get to keep your makeup? | 你留着在戏里的扮像了吗? |
[06:34] | What about your costumes, ‘cause that seems great. | 你的戏服呢 应该很不错吧 |
[06:36] | Ooh, unless you’re doing Les Mis. | 嚯 除非你参演<悲惨世界> |
[06:37] | Or Cats. | 或者<猫> |
[06:37] | Furry spandex with a tail and jazz shoes? | 毛茸茸的大尾巴配上爵士舞鞋? |
[06:39] | Hurrah. So, do you? | 好耶 你呢? |
[06:41] | – Do I? – Get to keep the makeup? | – 我? – 保留化妆了吗? |
[06:42] | – I didn’t ask. – You didn’t ask? | – 我没要求留 – 你没要求? |
[06:44] | How do you leave the house every morning | 你每天清晨是怎么出门 |
[06:46] | and not have a piano fall on your head? | 而不被钢琴砸中脑袋的? |
[06:47] | Well, I make a left on Federal and then… | 嗯 我在Federal街左转 然后… |
[06:50] | Brad, that really didn’t require an answer. | Brad 她是故意整你的 |
[06:52] | You’re blocking the list. | 你妨碍报名了 |
[06:53] | What’s that? | 你说什么? |
[06:54] | Will we please move so you may sign up for the speech contest? | 我们让一让 你就能报名参赛了? |
[06:57] | Why, yes, Paris, we’d be happy to. | 是啊 Paris 我们很高兴这么做 |
[06:58] | How kind of you to phrase it in that very respectful manner. | 你那么礼貌的表达方式 真是太善解人意了 |
[07:01] | Are you going to move, | 你要不要让? |
[07:02] | or do you need a five, six, seven, eight? | 还是需要我喊”五 六 七 八”? |
[07:04] | Paris, this time on stage has been a very growing experience for me. | Paris 这次登台的机会 的确令我成长许多 |
[07:07] | I’m no longer intimidated by you or people like you. | 我不再害怕你和像你这类人 |
[07:09] | I’m thrilled to hear it, Chita Rivera. | 我好怕怕啊 奇塔·里维拉 |
[07:11] | Move. | 让开吧 |
[07:12] | Well, Gilmore, I certainly hope you’re signing up, too. | Gilmore 我真希望你也报名 |
[07:15] | It’ll be my last chance to trounce you with anything at this school. | 这可是我在这学校 最后一次击败你的机会 |
[07:17] | My decision to do this will in no way depend on you, Paris. | 我报不报可不是你说了算 Paris |
[07:20] | I’m only saying it won’t be a totally satisfying victory | 我是想说只打败Jerome Robbins |
[07:22] | just beating Jerome Robbins and the rest of the losers here. | 和那些没出息的人 赢得不够有分量 |
[07:25] | I’d really like to take you down also. | 我衷心希望能击败你 |
[07:28] | Boy, she is really up on her theater references. | 天啊 她可真入角色 |
[07:31] | This is outrageous. | 真是岂有此理 |
[07:32] | I am beyond offended. | 我就气不打一处来 |
[07:34] | Did you tell them I’m beyond offended? | 你告诉他们我有多气了吗? |
[07:35] | Sending my food back? | 居然把我的菜退回来了 |
[07:37] | That’s it, get their names, they’re never eating here again. | 对 记下来都是谁 他们没机会再来这儿用餐了 |
[07:40] | Wait, what wine was he drinking? | 等等 他们喝的是什么酒? |
[07:42] | 1952 Chateau Petrus Bordeaux. | 1952年的柏图斯波尔多红酒 |
[07:44] | Okay, never mind. | 好 不用担心了 |
[07:46] | Hey, is everything okay? | 嘿 没事吧? |
[07:47] | No, we have got to have a better screening system for customers here. | 不行 我们还得给这儿的客人 准备更好的筛选系统 |
[07:51] | Yes, we do, since we currently have no screening system for customers here. | 是啊 现在我们没有筛选系统 |
[07:54] | They sent it back. My food. | 他们把我的菜都退回来了 |
[07:56] | My four star, ‘you haven’t lived ‘til you’ve eaten there, | 我可是四星级的 “你要是没在这里吃过就白活了” |
[08:00] | What did they say was wrong? | 他们说什么不好啦? |
[08:01] | You name it. Too salty, too hot, too sewer-y. | 说什么的都有 太咸 太辣 太难吃 |
[08:04] | Honey, calm down. Some people are just stupid. | 亲爱的 冷静冷静 有些家伙脑袋进水了 |
[08:06] | Yes, they are stupid, | 就是 就是进水了 |
[08:08] | and stupid people have stupid friends, | 傻瓜还有一群傻瓜朋友 |
[08:10] | and they all have to come here and be stupid together. | 他们都聚我这儿来一起犯傻 |
[08:13] | Okay, now, don’t be mad at me, but I have to ask this – | 好 好 别生气 但我还是得问问 |
[08:15] | are you sure there’s nothing wrong with the food? | 你的菜就一点问题都没有吗? |
[08:17] | Of course there’s nothing wrong with the food. | 当然没问题呀 |
[08:18] | You don’t think that I would know if something was wrong with my food? | 你觉得 我的菜要是有问题 我会不知道吗? |
[08:21] | You don’t think that I tasted every last dish that was sent back. | 你觉得 这些退回来的菜我都没尝? |
[08:25] | I tasted it, Manuel tasted it, | 我尝了 Manuel尝了 |
[08:27] | Rico tasted it, Louella tasted it. | Rico和Louella也尝了 |
[08:29] | We all tasted it and it tastes fine. | 我们都尝了 觉得挺好的 |
[08:32] | Okay. Do you mind? | 那好 我能尝一下吗? |
[08:34] | You don’t believe me? | 你不相信我? |
[08:35] | I believe you completely, | 我当然相信你 |
[08:36] | but it’s easier for me to take on those who doubt you | 但这样我就能知道他们 为啥不喜欢这些菜 |
[08:39] | – if I actually tasted it myself. – Fine, go ahead. | – 如果我亲自尝尝的话 – 好吧 请便 |
[08:45] | Okay, now I get the sewer-y reference. | 是有点难吃 |
[08:47] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么? |
[08:48] | Come here. | 过来 |
[08:49] | Just send them out some free desserts. | 送他们些甜点吧 |
[08:51] | Free desserts? You’re giving the stupid people free desserts. | 白送甜点? 你送那帮蠢蛋甜点 |
[08:54] | Sookie, I love you. | Sookie 我喜欢你 |
[08:55] | I love you, too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[08:56] | Okay, and I love your food, you know that. | 你知道 我也喜欢你做的菜 |
[08:58] | But I have to tell you that that bite I just had over there | 但我必须坦言刚才那一口 |
[09:02] | is one of the worst things I’ve ever tasted, | 是我所尝过的东西里最难吃的 |
[09:03] | and I’ve tasted some very bad things. | 难吃的东西我可尝得多了 |
[09:05] | What? | 你说什么? |
[09:05] | Are you sure you didn’t just accidentally | 你确定你没一不小心 |
[09:07] | drop something in the food tonight, | 掉了点什么东西在今晚的菜里? |
[09:08] | like, I don’t know, strychnine or manure? | 比如士的宁啊肥料之类的 |
[09:10] | No, I tested each dish every step of the way. | 没有 每个环节我都尝了 |
[09:13] | I mean, the base, the stock, the sauce, the seasonings. | 主料 配料 酱料 调味料 |
[09:16] | Are you sick? ‘Cause sometimes the flu or a cold | 你是不是身体不适 有时流感 感冒 |
[09:18] | or even allergies can throw your tastebuds off. | 哪怕是过敏症也会导致味觉偏差 |
[09:20] | No, I’m not sick. | 没 我好好的 |
[09:21] | I mean, I had a little bug last week, but nothing today. | 我上周是有点小不适 但今天已经没问题了 |
[09:23] | Well, I think you should think about getting a checkup. | 嗯…我觉得你还是去看看医生比较好 |
[09:25] | Maybe it was more than a little bug. | 也许不只”小不适” |
[09:27] | The food was really bad? | 那些菜真的难以下咽吗? |
[09:28] | Oh, honey, it was just… | 噢 亲爱的 那些菜… |
[09:30] | well, yeah, it was really that bad. | 是啊 难以下咽 |
[09:32] | I don’t understand it. | 真是闹不明白 |
[09:34] | Ah, I’m sure it was nothing. | 啊 没关系的 没关系的 |
[09:35] | Just have Manuel help you with the tasting for the rest of the night, okay? | 剩下的菜让Manuel帮你尝菜吧 |
[09:38] | Paris is going to drive me completely insane. | Paris真是要把我逼疯了 |
[09:40] | – Ooh, that looks good. – No! | – 嚯 看起来挺不错 – 不要! |
[09:42] | Geez. | 天呐 |
[09:43] | Be happy you’re loved, hon. I got a Kit Kat in my purse. | 高兴点 他们是爱你 宝贝 我包里有块雀巢奇巧 |
[09:47] | What’s up? | 咋啦? |
[09:48] | I don’t know. It’s weird, Sookie must be sick or something. | 不知道 太怪了 Sookie一定是病了 |
[09:51] | Sookie never gets sick. | Sookie从没病过 |
[09:52] | She’ll be fine. | 她会没事的 |
[09:53] | So, tell me, what did Paris do now? | 那个 跟我说说 Paris怎么啦? |
[09:54] | It’s nothing, it’s just Paris. | 没什么 就是Paris罢了 |
[09:56] | There’s this speech contest for the bicentennial, | 有个两百周年纪念的演讲比赛 |
[09:58] | and I wasn’t even going to enter it, | 但我可不想参加 |
[10:00] | but I don’t know – with the whole ‘it’s my last chance | 哎 我不知道 但听她说 “这是我毕业前 |
[10:02] | to crush you before graduation’ comment, | 最后一次打败你的机会” 说实话 |
[10:05] | I want to enter, I want to win, | 我想参加 想夺冠 |
[10:06] | and I wanna dance around her saying ‘I win, I win, I win!’ | 想围着她边唱边跳 我赢了 我赢了 我赢了 |
[10:09] | Wow, you’re getting more and more like me everyday. | 喔 你真是越来越像我了 |
[10:11] | But I know, it was petty and stupid | 但我知道那样既愚蠢又心胸狭窄 |
[10:12] | and I should probably just ignore her. | 我应该无视她 |
[10:13] | Yes, that is what you should do. | 是啊 无视她是正确的 |
[10:15] | Okay, that is what I will do. | 好吧 我就这么决定了 |
[10:16] | How come you weren’t gonna enter the contest? | 你为什么不想参加呢? |
[10:17] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[10:18] | You love doing school things. | 你不是学校活动的积极分子吗? |
[10:19] | I don’t love doing school things | 我才不积极呢 |
[10:21] | when it involves the entire school staring at me while I’m doing ‘em. | 尤其是全校都会盯着你看那种 |
[10:23] | You had to give your vice presidential acceptance speech | 你那时也在全校面前 |
[10:26] | in front of the entire school. | 做了副主席提名演讲啊 |
[10:27] | Yeah, but I had to do that. | 没错 但那是我必须做的 |
[10:28] | Oh, so you’re just gonna go through life | 噢 那就是说你这辈子 |
[10:31] | only doing what you have to do. | 只做你必须做的事咯 |
[10:33] | Well, no. | 嗯 也不会 |
[10:34] | Because a person who wants to be a foreign correspondent for a living | 因为一个想成为外驻记者的人 |
[10:38] | should probably embrace the opportunity | 就得抓住每个机会 |
[10:40] | to practice her speechin’ skills in front of a crowd. | 在众人前练就她的演讲技巧 |
[10:43] | You had the motherly edge going there | 你又开始教育我了 |
[10:44] | until you threw in the speechin’ skills comment. | 说什么演讲技巧 |
[10:46] | Yeah, you know what I mean. | 是啊 你明白我在说什么 |
[10:47] | I know what you mean. | 我明白 |
[10:48] | – Okay, I’ll go out for the speech. – Good. | – 好吧 我去参加演讲 – 很好 |
[10:51] | And if I get to do the ‘I win, I win, I win’ dance, | 如果我边唱边跳”我赢了 我赢了” |
[10:54] | – then so much the better. – For everyone involved. | – 就更好了 – 对大家都好 |
[10:59] | Oh my God. Oh my God. | 噢 天啊 天啊 |
[11:03] | – You’re pregnant! – I’m pregnant! | – 你怀孕了! – 我怀孕了! |
[11:05] | – Oh my God, I’m pregnant! – You’re pregnant? | – 天呐 我怀上了! – 你怀孕了? |
[11:09] | – I’m pregnant! – That’s why! | – 我怀孕了! – 所以才会… |
[11:22] | What? | 怎么啦? |
[11:23] | That just looks like more than four thousand words, | 看起来4000字有余 |
[11:25] | but I’m sure you counted them. | 不过我相信你数过的 |
[11:26] | – I did. – Good. | – 我是数了 – 很好 |
[11:28] | Hey Shelly, good luck. | 嘿Shelly 祝你好运 |
[11:30] | Although I’m sure you’re going to be great. | 当然 我相信你会做得很好 |
[11:32] | After all, there’s hardly anything on stage for you to trip over this time, right? | 毕竟 这次几乎没什么能 把你在台上绊倒 对吧? |
[11:39] | I’ve got my beans at Grandma’s house, my magic beans at Grandma’s house. | *我在外婆家拾到小豆子 在外婆家拾到魔豆* |
[11:43] | Stop it. | 别唱了 |
[11:44] | I’ll take my beans, my magic beans, | *我要拿上小豆子 我的小魔豆* |
[11:45] | who’s got the beans, we need some beans, I love the beans. | *谁拿走了小豆子 我们需要小豆子 我爱小豆子* |
[11:48] | You can’t rattle me. | 你休想打扰我 |
[11:49] | Into the woods at Grandma’s house. | *拜访森林 去外婆家* |
[11:51] | Look, I’m proud of my part, okay? | 听着 我为我的角色感到骄傲 |
[11:52] | The New York Times called me winningly naïve. | <纽约时报>称我有着 “令人折服的单纯” |
[11:55] | Into the woods, into the woods, into the woods. | *拜访森林 拜访森林 拜访森林* |
[11:57] | Stop it right now. | 马上给我闭嘴 |
[11:58] | I know, that is one annoying song. | 我知道 这是首恼人的歌 |
[12:00] | Leave Brad alone, and stop terrorizing everyone in this hallway. | 别烦Brad 别再惊扰走廊里的人了 |
[12:03] | Terrorizing? | 惊扰? |
[12:04] | What are you talking about, terrorizing? | 你说”惊扰”是什么意思? |
[12:05] | I’m simply talking to my fellow classmates. | 我只是跟我的同学聊聊罢了 |
[12:07] | You’re trying to scare them into doing badly so you’ll win easier. | 你把他们都给搅晕了 你好赢他们 |
[12:09] | – I am not. – Oh really? | – 我不是这个意思 – 真的吗? |
[12:10] | And that magical bean recital back there? | 那刚刚的”魔豆”独唱呢? |
[12:12] | Hey, I was trying to give the kid some human contact. | 嘿 我就是给这些孩子点人性关怀 |
[12:15] | He’s been talking to nothing but a cow for a year and a half. | 他这一年半可就只对着牛说过话 |
[12:17] | There was a person inside that cow, I’ve told you that! | 那是人扮的牛 我还要跟你说多少遍! |
[12:19] | – Brad Langford. – I’m winningly naïve. | – Brad Langford – 我的单纯令人折服 |
[12:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:24] | Brad, you got your beans? | Brad 你带你的小豆子了吗? |
[12:27] | Stop. Go Brad, you’ll do great. | 闭嘴 去吧Brad 你会很出色 |
[12:32] | It’s amazing how you manage to hide those bolts on the side of your neck. | 比赛前还能说笑真是令人惊奇 |
[12:35] | What is that, just really good cover up? | 这算什么 好的掩饰方法? |
[12:36] | Rory, lower your voice. | Rory 小声点 |
[12:38] | People are trying to concentrate. | 大家都在认真准备 |
[12:41] | Wow what? | 喔 什么? |
[12:42] | Your speech must really suck. | 你的演讲肯定糟透了 |
[12:44] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[12:45] | I mean, if you’re going to all this trouble to psych out everyone else, | 我是说 你这样大费周章影响大家 |
[12:47] | then you must know you have a loser there. | 肯定是知道自己赢面不大 |
[12:50] | Mind games. | 玩心理战啊 |
[12:51] | Not your forte, cupcake. | 这可不是你的强项 小妮子 |
[12:53] | Stick to talking to losers off the train tracks, will you? | 和失败者谈话会扰乱思维 你会吗? |
[12:55] | – You’re horrible. – And I’m going to win. | – 你太阴险了 – 我会赢的 |
[12:58] | Cherry, hi. | Cherry 嗨 |
[13:01] | Man those braces are shiny. | 哇 牙套可真够闪亮的 |
[13:10] | Hello | 你好 |
[13:11] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[13:14] | Every detail, leave nothing out. | 每个细节 别落下哦 |
[13:16] | Well, I told him. | 嗯 我跟他说了 |
[13:17] | Did he flip? Did he cry? Did he scream? | 他兴奋吗? 哭没? 叫没? |
[13:19] | – No. – No? | – 没有 – 没有? |
[13:21] | – Did he hear you? – Yeah, he heard me. | – 他没明白你的意思? – 不是 他明白了 |
[13:23] | I don’t understand, what happened? | 我不懂 到底怎么啦? |
[13:24] | I came home and I got some flowers | 我回家 还带了些花 |
[13:26] | and I chilled some glasses and I put some music on | 拿出杯子 之后放点儿音乐 |
[13:29] | and I opened a bottle of champagne, | 然后开了瓶香槟 |
[13:30] | and the cork broke the window so I had to clean up the glass, | 可木塞把窗户打破了 我又去收拾碎玻璃 |
[13:33] | and then I taped some cardboard over the hole, | 然后用纸板堵破洞 |
[13:36] | and then I knocked over the bottle of champagne, | 之后又不小心把香槟打翻了 |
[13:37] | so I had to get out the mop. | 所以又得把它们拖干净 |
[13:39] | My finger’s hitting the fast forward button, hon. | 亲爱的 别再卖关子了 |
[13:40] | So, he came home and I handed him a beer, | 所以 他回到家 我给他递瓶啤酒 |
[13:43] | and I smiled and I kissed him | 我很开心 还吻了他 |
[13:44] | and I told him he was gonna be a daddy. | 我告诉他他要当爸爸了 |
[13:46] | And then he did what? | 然后他怎么样? |
[13:47] | – Then he got out the calculator. – What? | – 然后他找计算器去了 – 什么? |
[13:49] | He’s been crunching numbers for two hours. | 他已经在捣鼓2个小时了 |
[13:52] | – He didn’t say anything? – No. | – 他什么都没说? – 是啊 |
[13:53] | Mr. ‘I-want-four-in-four’ hears he can check off number one | “四年要四个孩子”先生在听到 就要有第一个宝贝时 |
[13:56] | – and he says nothing? – Okay, not nothing. | – 他什么都没说? – 是啊 什么都没说 |
[13:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:59] | Every fifteen minutes, he says, ‘Oh, boy.’ | 每隔15分钟 他就感叹一句 “噢 天啊” |
[14:02] | ‘Oh, boy’ like ‘Oh, boy!’? | 像是”噢 天啊?!”的”噢 天啊”? |
[14:03] | No, ‘Oh, boy’ like ‘Oh, boy.’ | 不 是像这样”噢 天啊…” |
[14:06] | Oh, boy. | 噢 天啊… |
[14:07] | Did you hear that? | 你听见了吗? |
[14:08] | – Maybe he’s in shock. – Oh, boy. | – 也许 他觉得太惊喜了 – 噢 天啊… |
[14:11] | – Maybe. – Oh, boy. | – 也许吧 – 噢 天啊… |
[14:14] | Honey, I’d go in there and take that calculator away from him if I were you. | 亲爱的 如果我是你 就进去把他的计算器给抢了 |
[14:16] | This wasn’t how it was supposed to go. | 本不该是这个样子吧 |
[14:18] | I know, sweetie, but give it time. It’s a big thing. | 我知道 亲爱的 这可是件大事 还是给他点时间吧 |
[14:21] | He said he wanted this. | 他说他希望我怀孕 |
[14:23] | He loves you, he wants this. | 他爱你 他希望这样 |
[14:25] | Oh, boy. | 噢 天啊… |
[14:27] | Hang in there, I’ll call you later. | 别出去 我一会儿给你打过去 |
[14:29] | I’ll be here. | 我一直都在这儿 |
[14:32] | Oh, boy. Oh, boy. Oh, boy. | 噢 天啊… 噢 天啊… 噢 天啊… |
[14:49] | – It’s right there! – Just a second. | – 就在那儿! – 等一下 |
[14:50] | – I see it. Can I just… – Yeah, I can do it. | – 我看见了 我能… – 嗯 我能搞定 |
[14:52] | – Kirk, it’s right there! – You are yelling at me, | – Kirk 就在那儿! – 你对我乱吼乱叫 |
[14:54] | and I have to tell you that that is not the way to get results. | 我必须告诉你 这不是解决问题的方法 |
[14:57] | – You keep passing it. – You are making me crazy. | – 你都翻过了 – 被你气的 |
[14:59] | Dean, I just need… oh, hey, that’s my water bill. | Dean 我需要… 噢 嘿 那是我的水费单 |
[15:02] | He’s been down there for twenty minutes. | 他趴这儿都20分钟了 |
[15:04] | Kirk, you have to sort the mail first. | Kirk你应该先理一下信件 |
[15:06] | Everybody is always telling me what to do. | 大家都在告诉我该怎么做 |
[15:08] | Everybody else is always right. | 大家都是对的 |
[15:09] | I’m sorry, but I am the mail carrier in this town | 但对不起 我是这儿的邮递员 |
[15:12] | and I will carry the mail the way that I carry the mail, | 我按我的习惯送递信件 |
[15:14] | and if you don’t like that, then you can carry the mail. | 如果你不喜欢 你就来当邮递员试试 |
[15:16] | But you’ll have to apply for the job first and get hired. | 但你首先得申请和获准这工作 |
[15:19] | And there’s a test, and it is a hard test, my friend. | 会有个考试 很难的考试 朋友们 |
[15:22] | Ow, paper cut. | 噢 被纸划了下 |
[15:23] | Dean, I need some of that non-drowsy allergy medicine stuff. | Dean 我需要些吃了不会 昏昏欲睡的抗过敏药 |
[15:25] | Did you check in the back with the aspirin? | 你去后面阿司匹林那里找过吗? |
[15:27] | Yeah, nothing. | 去了 可没有 |
[15:28] | Then we’re probably out. | 那可能买完了 |
[15:29] | I could tell you when they’re expected in, but I haven’t gotten the mail yet. | 我也希望进这些药 但是我的邮件还没到 |
[15:32] | – Shut up. – Okay, nevermind, | – 闭嘴 – 好的 没关系 |
[15:33] | I’ll just grab some when I get to Hartford. | 我到哈特福德再去买吧 |
[15:35] | See if you can get my water bill for me. | 看见我的水费单就先帮我收着哈 |
[15:36] | All right, I’ll do my best. | 好的 我尽力而为吧 |
[15:38] | I’m giving you five minutes to get up, then I’m getting the mop. | 我给你5分钟把这些理好 之后我要拖地了 |
[15:40] | You will not touch this. | 你最好别动这些 |
[15:41] | This is the property of the United States Government. | 这可是美国政府财产 |
[15:54] | Okay, show me a difference, people. Why can’t I pick one? | 好 看看别的 选那个好呢… |
[15:58] | Ooh, on sale, that’s it, good, done. | 哦 打折的 行了 |
[16:04] | – Max – Lorelai – Max. – Lorelai. | |
[16:05] | – Hi. – Hi back. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[16:06] | I didn’t know you had a cold. | 我不知道你感冒了 |
[16:08] | I just recently found out myself. | 我也是才发现的 |
[16:10] | Well, wow. You. | 喔 你 |
[16:12] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[16:15] | – How have you been? – I’ve been good. | – 最近怎么样? – 我很好 |
[16:16] | Good. | 那很好 |
[16:20] | Yes, that’s my official California name. | 嗯 在加州就这么称呼我 |
[16:21] | So, California, huh? | 那么 加州 哈? |
[16:23] | Stanford, actually. I was teaching a class there. | 确切说是去斯坦福大学 我在那儿教书 |
[16:25] | Good. It’s about time that dump got some decent teachers. | 真不错 那鬼地方是该招点好老师了 |
[16:28] | Yes, they’re really trying to turn the place around. | 是啊 他们正努力改善这局面呢 |
[16:30] | So, if you were living in California, | 那么 你住在加州 |
[16:33] | then what are you doing back here? | 现在回来做什么? |
[16:34] | Well, this place has the best selection. | 这儿是最好的地方了 |
[16:36] | In Hartford. | 在哈特福德 |
[16:37] | My class ended, and I thought I’d come back for the Chilton Bicentennial. | 我教的课程结束了 就回来参加Chilton两百年纪念 |
[16:40] | What are you doing here in Hartford? | 那你现在在这儿做什么呢? |
[16:42] | Friday night? | 周五晚上? |
[16:44] | The infamous Gilmore dinners. | 声名狼藉的Gilmore晚餐 |
[16:45] | – How’s that going? – Great. | – 怎么样了? – 不错呢 |
[16:48] | We had to add on an extra room for all the emotional baggage, | 我们需要多找个房间 宣泄情感负担 |
[16:50] | but other than that, there’s been no bloodshed as of yet. | 但除此之外 还没发生过什么流血事件 |
[16:53] | I’m glad to hear it. And Rory’s good? | 那样挺好 Rory 还好吧? |
[16:54] | Oh, yeah, she’s the Encyclopedia Britannica definition of good. | 噢 是啊 她就是大英百科全书 定义的那么好 |
[16:58] | – Grades? – Perfect. | – 成绩呢? – 非常棒 |
[17:00] | – Same boyfriend? – Different boyfriend. | – 没换男朋友? – 换了 |
[17:02] | Really? | 真的? |
[17:03] | – You hate him. – No, I don’t. | – 你讨厌他 – 不 不讨厌 |
[17:05] | You really hate him. | 你肯定讨厌他 |
[17:06] | I smile, I say hi, I let him eat the good cookies. | 我微笑 欢迎他来 给他吃好东西 |
[17:09] | You wanna have him killed. | 你恨不得把他干掉 |
[17:11] | Only if I get a really good price. | 如果报酬合理 可以考虑 |
[17:12] | She’s young, she’ll move on, she’s got college next year. | 她还年轻 要向前看 明年就该上大学了 |
[17:15] | Great. Frat boys, I cannot wait. | 太好了 兄弟会 我都等不及了 |
[17:17] | Just get a keg, keeps ‘em distracted. | 搞个啤酒桶来 把他们灌得六神无主 |
[17:19] | Oh, thanks for the advice. | 哦 谢谢你的建议 |
[17:20] | I’m gonna lock her up in a tower when I get home. | 我回家就把她关到高塔上面 |
[17:22] | Glad I could help. | 很高兴对你有所帮助 |
[17:23] | Well, listen, I have this dinner I have to get to. | 对了 我今晚我还有约 我得走了 |
[17:26] | Oh, yeah, yeah. | 嗯 嗯 |
[17:27] | Me, too. Me, too. | 我也是 我也是 |
[17:29] | – So… – It was nice to see you. | – 那么… – 很高兴又见到你 |
[17:30] | – It was nice to see you, too. – Bye. | – 我也是 – 拜 |
[17:33] | Bye. | 拜 |
[17:44] | Ah, you’re here. | 哈 你来了 |
[17:46] | And you are by far the most masculine-looking maid | 你是迄今为止我父母雇的女佣里 |
[17:48] | my parents have ever had. | 最有男人味的 |
[17:49] | It’s chaos here. The second maid called in sick, | 有点混乱 有个佣人请病假了 |
[17:52] | the first is busy with dinner, and your poor mother is at the hospital. | 还有个忙着准备晚饭 你可怜的老妈在医院 |
[17:54] | Her DAR group suffered a surfeit of strokes this week. | 这周她的美国革命女儿会 严重中风 |
[17:57] | – Come again? – Three of her friends had strokes. | – 再说一遍? – 她三个朋友都中风了 |
[17:59] | And now she is hopping from sick bed to sick bed offering whatever comfort she can. | 现在她一个病床 一个病床地慰问了 |
[18:05] | Three DAR strokes. What’s in that water they’re drinking? | 三个成员中风了 他们喝的酒里都加了什么啊? |
[18:08] | A little whiskey, usually. | 通常加点威士忌 |
[18:10] | – Oh, and you’re forgetting Liesl. – What? | – 噢 你把Liesl给忘了 – 什么? |
[18:12] | Our East-German maid. | 那个东德来的女佣 |
[18:14] | She was much more masculine-looking than me. | 她比我看起来更有男人味儿 |
[18:15] | – Right, the muttonchops. – Here is Rory. | – 是啊 还有络腮胡呢 – Rory在这儿 |
[18:18] | Thanks, I wouldn’t have recognized her. Hi hon. | 谢谢 我还真没认出来呢 嗨 宝贝 |
[18:20] | Hi. Did you hear about the strokes? | 嗨 你听说他们中风了吗? |
[18:21] | Yes, stay away from whiskey and the DAR. | 听说了 所以离威士忌和DAR远点 |
[18:24] | Your mother would make you throw that out at this point. | 你老妈在一定会让你把它倒掉 |
[18:26] | How about I exchange it for a martini? | 换杯马提尼怎么样? |
[18:28] | Ah, coming up. | 哈 马上就来 |
[18:30] | Oh, good I’m expecting an important call. | 噢 太好了 我正在等一个重要来电 |
[18:33] | This could be it. | 应该就是它了 |
[18:34] | Dad, if the maid is busy with dinner | 爸爸 如果女佣忙着做晚饭 |
[18:37] | and the second one’s out and Mom’s at the hospital… you know. | 另一个又不在 妈妈在医院… |
[18:39] | Oh, right, right. I’ll get it! | 噢 是啊 我来啦! |
[18:42] | Alone at last. Have I got something to tell you. | 终于走了 我有点事跟你说 |
[18:45] | What? | 什么? |
[18:46] | Or maybe you have something to tell me. | 或者你有什么跟我说 |
[18:48] | Don’t do that, I have nothing. | 算了吧 我没啥要说的 |
[18:49] | Or are you minimizing what you know? | 或者是你忽略了呢? |
[18:52] | Maybe you should maximize it. | 你应该把它具体化 |
[18:54] | I’m confused. | 我很迷茫 |
[18:55] | Maximize it. | 具体点 |
[18:57] | I’m maximum confused. | 我极大限度的迷茫 |
[19:00] | – I ran into Max. – Medina? | – 我碰到Max了 – Medina? |
[19:02] | At the pharmacy. Did you know he was back? | 在药店 你已经知道他回来了吗? |
[19:04] | No. He was, like, on loan somewhere. | 不知道啊 他好像去教书了 |
[19:06] | Yeah, at Stanford. | 是啊 去斯坦福大学了 |
[19:07] | But he’s back now, for a little while at least, | 但他回来了 会待一阵子 |
[19:08] | and I am happy to report that either he’s forgiven me for treating him so badly | 我庆幸告诉你 要么是他原谅我之前那样对他 |
[19:12] | or it wasn’t that bad and I just built it up worse in my head. | 要么仅仅是我想的太遭了 |
[19:15] | Oh no, you treated him like crap. | 才不是呢 你确实觉得他一文不值 |
[19:17] | Well, he was very big about it. | 那他真的很大度了 |
[19:18] | He didn’t recoil or blow me off. | 没有避开我或是对我大发脾气 |
[19:21] | We had a nice chat. It was good to see him. | 我们聊得挺好 见到他还是很开心的 |
[19:23] | He’s a great guy. | 他这人挺不错的 |
[19:25] | He is. | 确实 |
[19:26] | And a great teacher, too. I’m glad he’s back. | 也是个好老师 他能回来我很高兴 |
[19:28] | Good. He seems glad, too. | 嗯 貌似他也很高兴 |
[19:30] | That was not my call, and for a second there, | 不是打给我的 接的时候 |
[19:32] | I thought a fourth friend of your mother’s had had a stroke. | 我还以为是你母亲的 第四个朋友中风了呢 |
[19:34] | Oh, no. | 噢 不会吧 |
[19:35] | But then I realized | 但我随后意识到 |
[19:36] | that it was one of the original stroke ladies’ husband’s calling | 是一个中风女人的丈夫打来的 |
[19:39] | to inform me of her stroke, which we already knew about, so here we are. | 告诉我她妻子中风了 其实我们早知道了 就这么回事 |
[19:42] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[19:43] | So, Rory has been telling me | Rory刚才在跟我说 |
[19:45] | about the Chilton Bicentennial and her speech. | 有关Chilton两百周年纪念 和她演讲的事 |
[19:47] | Well, it’s not my speech yet. I have to qualify for it. | 呃 还没确定呢 我得够格才行 |
[19:50] | Oh, you’ll get it. | 肯定可以的 |
[19:51] | She’ll be on C-SPAN if she does. | 如果能去 就会上C-SPAN频道 |
[19:52] | Very good. | 真不错啊 |
[19:54] | It’s not like anyone would watch it. | 似乎不会有什么人看的 |
[19:55] | Yes, they will. | 不 肯定会看 |
[19:56] | You’re a hell of a lot more interesting than that usual shot they have | 比起报道那些白人 在空空如也的会场走来走去 |
[19:59] | of all the white men walking around that big empty chamber | 还有那些繁多的数据… |
[20:02] | with the numbers all over them. | 你的演讲会有趣得多 |
[20:03] | That’s a televised house vote, and I find that fascinating. | 那是直播的白宫投票 我觉得很好看 |
[20:06] | It’s like watching the Men’s Warehouse security camera. | 就好像是在看监工的录像 |
[20:08] | When is your speech? I’d like to be there. | 你什么时候演讲 我会去的 |
[20:11] | Again, it’s not my speech yet, but it’s Friday at five. | 再重复一次 谁去还没定呢 演讲的时间是周五下午五点 |
[20:14] | Oh, that’s tough. | 噢 真不凑巧 |
[20:15] | Could they move it to six? | 能不能挪到六点? |
[20:17] | I don’t think so. | 没可能吧 |
[20:18] | Well, maybe I’ll move my thing. | 那只能挪我的时间了 |
[20:20] | That might be best. | 最好不过了 |
[20:21] | Oh, I’ve got it, I’ve got it, I’ve got it! | 喔 来了 我来接! |
[20:26] | What? | 怎么? |
[20:27] | Speed dial. I just like seeing him do that. | 快速拨号一样 我就喜欢看他这样 |
[20:28] | I’ve got it. | 接到了 |
[20:31] | Ah, thank God, someone sane. Come on up. | 啊 上帝 有人快疯了 快过来 |
[20:34] | Your phone has been busy all night | 你的电话整晚占线 |
[20:36] | and I am dying to know what the doctor said. | 我太想知道检查结果了 |
[20:38] | He said, “Congratulations, it’s an It!” | 他说 “恭喜你 小家伙来了!” |
[20:41] | Ah, I loved being pregnant. | 我也喜欢怀孕的感觉 |
[20:43] | You’ll give me lots of tips? | 跟我说说你的经验 |
[20:45] | Oh, what I can remember. | 啊 我不记得了 |
[20:46] | Get your diary out from that year ‘cause I wanna know it all. | 那就看看你那年的日记吧 我要全面了解 |
[20:48] | A lot of my diary from that year was a debate | 那年的日记多是记录”我是喜欢 |
[20:52] | over which member of Tears for Fears I loved more at that particular moment. | Tears for Fears哪个成员 多一点”的心理斗争 |
[20:56] | That’s probably not going to help me much. | 那对我的帮助可不大 |
[20:59] | What are you doing out here? It’s cold. | 你干嘛坐在外面? 这里很冷 |
[21:00] | Well, we finished eating and I needed a break. | 我们刚吃完饭 我想清静清静 |
[21:03] | Rough day. We didn’t get home until eight. | 这一天累死了 我们8点才回来 |
[21:05] | Eight? Your appointment was at six. | 8点? 你的预约不是6点吗? |
[21:06] | Jackson won’t drive home faster than seven miles an hour. | Jackson开车小心翼翼的 时速绝不超七英里 |
[21:09] | He doesn’t wanna jiggle Baby. | 他怕震到宝宝 |
[21:10] | Oh my God. | 哦 上帝 |
[21:12] | We spent ten minutes on one speed bump. | 过个路障要花十分钟 |
[21:14] | I could’ve walked home faster. | 我步行回家还快些呢 |
[21:16] | And he’s got this wild look in his eye like he’s some kind of death rocker or something, | 看他的眼神 紧张的不得了 生怕出什么问题 |
[21:20] | and he’s making lots of calls, | 他打了很多个电话 |
[21:21] | and he punched the calculator so much he broke it. | 差点按坏计算器 |
[21:24] | – We’re selling the truck. – What? | – 我们要买掉卡车 – 什么? |
[21:26] | It’s the only way we’re going to afford the minivan. | 只有这样 我们才可以买小货车 |
[21:27] | I thought you broke the calculator. | 我还以为计算器报废了呢 |
[21:29] | I’m using a pencil. Hi Lorelai. | 我改用铅笔了 你好 Lorelai |
[21:31] | Hi Jackson, congratulations. | 你好 Jackson 恭喜你们了 |
[21:32] | We don’t need a van. | 我们不需要货车啊 |
[21:33] | And I’m getting a haircut and buying a second tie. | 我还要去理发 再买条领带 |
[21:35] | Oh, I’ll get it. It’s probably the contractor. | 我去接 可能是承包商 |
[21:37] | What contractor? | 什么承包商? |
[21:38] | – The add-on. – What add-on? | – 追加的 – 什么追加? |
[21:40] | The expansion, Sookie, the expansion. | 扩增的 Sookie 扩增 |
[21:44] | – He’s expanding something. – He’s being very cryptic. | – 他在扩张什么 – 神神秘秘的 |
[21:47] | I don’t wanna expand anything. And did you see his eyes? | 我才不要额外生事呢 你看到他的眼睛了没? |
[21:51] | When I came home, he was baby-proofing the house, | 我一到家 他就为宝宝整理房子了 |
[21:53] | he’d thrown away all our prescription drugs, | 扔掉所有的处方药 |
[21:55] | and he was stuffing newspaper into the electrical sockets. He’s insane. | 还用报纸塞住电源插口 他疯了 |
[21:58] | Hold on, Tom. He says we have to move out for three months to do the add-on. | 稍等 Tom 他说要追加的话 我们得出去住三个月 |
[22:01] | We probably don’t wanna do that. | 我们肯定不愿意 |
[22:02] | Probably not. | 当然不愿意了 |
[22:05] | Have you tried slapping him? | 你不如掴他一下 |
[22:06] | No, he won’t let me lift my arm above my head in case it stretches Baby. | 不行 他怕拉到宝宝 压根不让我的手举过头 |
[22:10] | This stinks. We never even got to celebrate. | 真讨厌 我们都没有庆祝呢 |
[22:13] | He went straight to budgets and minivans. | 他只惦记预算和货车的事 |
[22:15] | What he’s doing is sweet in its own obnoxious way. | 尽管方法不当 他也是为了你们好 |
[22:20] | I guess I’ll have to let him be male. | 只得让他这么大男子主义了 |
[22:22] | So, listen, I ran into Max Medina. | 跟你说啊 我碰到Max Medina了 |
[22:25] | Oh my God, really? | 啊 是吗? |
[22:27] | How weird was that? | 感觉很怪异吧? |
[22:28] | A little. Not as much as I would have thought. | 有点吧 但没我想像的那么尴尬 |
[22:30] | He’s such a good guy. | 人那么好 |
[22:31] | Yeah, people are pretty unanimous on that. | 是啊 众口一致啊 |
[22:33] | Well, was he nice to you? | 那他对你好吗? |
[22:34] | Very. I mean, what happened with us was so long ago. | 很好啊 我是说 我们之间已经是很久以前的事了 |
[22:38] | Do you think what I did to him was really horrible? | 你觉得 我之前对他真的很差吗? |
[22:40] | You mean dumping him in the gutter? Sure. | 你是说把他一脚踢开? 当然了 |
[22:42] | Yeah, people are pretty unanimous on that, too. | 对啊 也众口一致呢 |
[22:44] | So, Max Medina’s back. | Max Medina回来了啊 |
[22:46] | Not for long, though. | 但是不会待很久 |
[22:47] | I just hope he doesn’t hate me. He was probably just being nice. | 我只希望他不记恨我 他现在这样可能只是客套 |
[22:49] | I just don’t want him to hate me. | 仅仅不想他恨我 |
[22:51] | You didn’t mean to hurt him. | 你也不是故意伤害他的 |
[22:52] | I’ll write him a note or something. | 我会给他留个条啊什么的 |
[22:55] | I owe him that. | 欠他的 |
[22:58] | – Oh! – What is this? | – 噢! – 这是什么? |
[23:00] | – It’s my cleaver. – What if Baby fell on it? | – 我的切肉刀 – 宝宝要是摔在上面呢? |
[23:03] | You mean, what if Baby rolled off the sink | 你是说 宝宝会从水池上滚下来 |
[23:06] | and into the open second drawer? | 再跌到开着的第二个抽屉里? |
[23:09] | – It wouldn’t be good. – It has to go. | – 没可能吧 – 总之得处理掉 |
[23:11] | I need it to chop stuff. | 我还得用它切东西呢 |
[23:13] | – We’re switching to plastic. – I can’t use plastic. | – 我们改用塑料的 – 我才不用塑料的呢 |
[23:16] | And the Saran Wrap’s history, too. | 还要都用保鲜膜 |
[23:18] | Jackson! | Jackson! |
[23:26] | Hello? | 喂? |
[23:27] | – Rory Gilmore, please. – This is Rory Gilmore. | – 我找 Rory Gilmore – 我就是 |
[23:29] | Please hold. I’m connecting Headmaster Charleston and Paris Gellar. | 请稍等 我帮你连接 Charleston校长和Paris Gellar |
[23:32] | What? You’re what, hello? | 啥? 你要干嘛? 喂? |
[23:34] | Miss Gilmore? | Gilmore小姐? |
[23:35] | I’m here. | 我在听 |
[23:36] | – Miss Gellar? – I’m here. | – Gellar小姐? – 我在听 |
[23:38] | Please hold, I’m connecting Headmaster Charleston. | 请稍等 我在转接Charleston校长 |
[23:42] | Miss Gilmore, Miss Gellar, you have Headmaster Charleston. | Gilmore小姐 Gellar小姐 Charleston校长要和你们说话 |
[23:45] | Ladies, hello. | 女士们 你们好 |
[23:47] | I hope you’re having a pleasant evening. | 晚上好啊 |
[23:48] | – Yes, sir. – Very pleasant. | – 您好 先生 – 晚上好 |
[23:50] | Wonderful to hear. Let’s get down to it, shall we? | 很好 我们言归正传吧 |
[23:52] | I was very impressed with both of your speeches today. | 今天二位的演讲都 给我留下了深刻的印象 |
[23:55] | They were well written, well researched, and eloquently delivered. | 稿子不错 组织得很好 讲的也很棒 |
[23:58] | You should be very proud. | 你们应该为此自豪 |
[23:59] | – Thank you, we were. – Who won? | – 谢谢您 – 谁赢了? |
[24:01] | Just the simple act of completing a task well is in itself a win, | 圆满完成任务本身就是胜利 |
[24:05] | – is it not Miss Gellar? – Yes, sir. | – 对吧 Gellar小姐? – 是的 先生 |
[24:07] | Wonderful. Anyhow, as I was listening to you both this afternoon, | 很好 不论怎么说 下午听二位的演讲时 |
[24:10] | a thought kept rolling around in my head. | 我有个想法 |
[24:12] | I was thinking what a pity it is I will have to choose just one. | 硬是要二选一的话 太可惜了 |
[24:15] | But then I realized, ‘Hold on a minute here. | 但是我意识到 等等 |
[24:17] | I’m the headmaster at this school, I’m in charge of this competition, | 我就是校长啊 比赛也由我负责 |
[24:20] | I can change the rules if I wish to.’ | 只要我想 同样可以改变规则 |
[24:23] | – So I am. – You are? | – 所以我要改改 – 您? |
[24:25] | You are what? | 您要? |
[24:26] | I am changing the rules. | 改变规则 |
[24:27] | Instead of having one speaker at our bicentennial, we will have two. | 在两百周年庆上 我们将选两个人发言 而非一个 |
[24:32] | You will combine your speeches and present them together. | 你们得综合彼此的稿子 一块儿讲 |
[24:35] | – You’re kidding. – I assure you I am not. | – 开玩笑的吧 – 是真的 |
[24:36] | I think it will be an excellent way to pay proper tribute to our school. | 我认为这是个为我校 做贡献的最好方法 |
[24:39] | So, what do you think of my little plan? | 你们认为怎样? |
[24:41] | – Well… – It’s… | – 呃… – 这… |
[24:43] | Brilliant. Yes, I think so, too. | 绝妙 是啊 我也这么想 |
[24:44] | That’s all. Congratulations. | 就这么多 祝贺你们 |
[24:46] | I would like the revised copy of your speech on my desk by Tuesday. | 希望周二能看到你们的修改稿 |
[24:51] | Enjoy the rest of your weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[24:54] | Well, look who’s suddenly decided to become Kofi Annan. | 这下好了 有人自认为是安南了 |
[24:57] | Excuse me? | 啥? |
[24:58] | Charleston thinks we need to play nice with each other, | Charleston以为我们会友好协助 |
[25:00] | so he screws up the whole bicentennial. This sucks. | 殊不知他会搞砸庆祝大会的 真是个鬼主意 |
[25:02] | Yes, it does suck. | 对 确实很糟 |
[25:04] | So, what do we do now? | 那我们现在咋办? |
[25:05] | Do we have a choice? | 还有的选吗? |
[25:06] | Of course we have a choice. You could say no. | 当然了 你可以退出 |
[25:08] | Why could I say no? You could say no. | 干嘛我退出 你怎么不退? |
[25:10] | I could not say no. C-SPAN is going to be there. | 我不能 可以上C-SPAN |
[25:13] | Well, I like C-SPAN as much as you do. | 我对C-SPAN的热情绝不亚于你 |
[25:15] | – You do not. – I do, too. | – 你才没有呢 – 我有 |
[25:16] | Ask my mom, it’s all I talk about. | 不信问我妈 我整天挂在嘴上 |
[25:20] | So, I guess we need a game plan now. | 那我们得计划方案了 |
[25:24] | Okay. We can meet at school tomorrow and work on it. | 好啊 我们明天去学校商量 |
[25:27] | Or we could do it over the phone. | 在电话里说也可以 |
[25:29] | Over the phone? | 电话? |
[25:30] | We’re just combining two speeches, Rory. | 不过是综合两篇稿子而已 Rory |
[25:32] | There’s no reason we have to sit in the same room and stare at each other. | 没必要面对面的独处一室 |
[25:34] | Fine, whatever you want. | 行 随你 |
[25:35] | Tomorrow night, six o’clock, I’ll call you. | 明晚 六点 我打给你 |
[25:38] | I can’t wait. | 迫不及待 |
[25:49] | – What are you doing here? – We have a speech to write. | – 你来干嘛? – 我们得写稿子 |
[25:50] | Yes, but we were supposed to do it over the phone. That was the plan. | 是 但是我们计划在电话上搞定 |
[25:53] | It’s a ridiculous plan. We have to put two speeches together. | 荒唐至极 我们可是得 综合两篇稿子啊 |
[25:55] | We have to rehearse them, we have to hone our timing. | 我们得预演 彼此接上档才行 |
[25:57] | None of that can be done effectively over the phone. | 在电话上做不了 |
[25:59] | – But it was your idea. – Oh, like you fought me on it? | – 是你定的 – 现在都怪我了? |
[26:00] | – Of course I didn’t fight you on it. – Okay then. | – 当然不是怪你 – 那就好 |
[26:04] | What, okay then? | 什么叫”那就好”? |
[26:05] | Our conversation did not just come to a close. | 还没得出结论呢 |
[26:07] | There was not a decision made back there just now. | 刚才啥决定都没做啊 |
[26:09] | Look, I’m here, we should just do this and get it over with. | 瞧 我来了 我们只管合作就是了 |
[26:12] | Do you wanna study here or in your bedroom? | 在这儿写 还是去你卧室? |
[26:14] | Fine, I’ll go to a payphone. | 行 我去找个公用电话 |
[26:16] | Do you have payphones in this town or are you still using a town crier? | 你们这地方有吗 还是一直用喇叭的? |
[26:18] | – We’ll do it here. – Whatever you say. | – 就在这吧 – 悉听尊便 |
[26:23] | So, I think the first thing to do is to acquaint ourselves | 我认为 首要的是 我们要熟惗彼此的稿子 |
[26:26] | with each others’ speeches so we can judge who hit which point best. | 确定谁在哪部分的发挥最好 |
[26:31] | Here. | 我的 |
[26:34] | Mine. | 我的 |
[26:35] | Good. Let’s read. | 好 一起读吧 |
[26:37] | – Why did you use this font? – Because I was on the crack. | – 为什么用这种字体? – 我随便试试 |
[26:40] | – Did you check these facts? – Yes, I did. | – 示例核实了吗? – 核实了 |
[26:42] | – And the spelling of these names? – Yes, I did. | – 名字拼对了吗? – 拼对了 |
[26:44] | – Rory? – What, Paris? | – Rory? – 怎么 Paris? |
[26:46] | I slept with Jamie. | 我和Jamie上过床了 |
[26:48] | Last night, after we talked. | 昨晚 我们说完话以后 |
[26:50] | Was it something I said? | 就因为我的话? |
[26:52] | I went over there to study and he lit a fire and then we did it. | 我去那儿学习 他点堆了火 我们就做了 |
[26:54] | – What are your thoughts on that? – My thoughts? | – 对此你有什么想法? – 我的想法? |
[26:56] | Because I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it myself yet. | 因为我还不确定 我自个儿是怎么想的 |
[27:01] | I’ve been going over it in my head. | 我一直在想这事儿 |
[27:03] | I mean, it seemed to go pretty well. | 我是说 一切进行的都很好 |
[27:04] | The fire was nice and thank God he didn’t try to put on any ridiculous makeout music, | 火很温馨 还好他也没放什么古怪音乐 |
[27:08] | and then it just happened. I was actually fairly surprised | 就这么发生了 那个时候 |
[27:11] | at the timing of it because I wasn’t wearing anything particularly alluring, | 我自己也很吃惊 因为我穿的都不性感 |
[27:14] | and in the moments just before the act… | 而且就在做的前几分钟… |
[27:16] | Oh, God. | 噢 上帝 |
[27:17] | We were actually discussing modern day Marxism in America, | 我们讨论的是 美国当下的马克思主义 |
[27:19] | which is not what I would have deemed a ‘come and get it’ sort of conversation, | 这个也很不符合逻辑 |
[27:22] | but nevertheless, he came and got it, | 但是 我们就这么做了 |
[27:23] | and I have to figure out what that means to me on a psychological level. | 我还得想想 从心理学角度看 这对我意味着什么 |
[27:26] | So, I thought maybe if you and I could have sort of a healthy debate about it, | 所以 我想咱俩可以就此谈谈 |
[27:29] | I could come to some sort of reasonable conclusion | 我就可以下个结论 |
[27:31] | about how I should be feeling right about now. | 知道我现在该作何感想 |
[27:33] | So, come on, talk. | 所以 谈谈吧 |
[27:35] | What do you think? | 你怎么看这事? |
[27:36] | – I… – Are you pro? | – 我… – 你赞成? |
[27:38] | – Well… – Con? | – 呃… – 反对? |
[27:39] | – Well… – Undecided? | – 啊… – 没决定? |
[27:40] | Paris, just stop talking for one second and let me get my mind around this. | Paris 你能不能停下来让我想想 |
[27:46] | Sorry, go ahead, focus. | 抱歉 我不说了 你想吧 |
[27:50] | Could you focus faster because I really need some feedback here. | 你能不能快点想 我急需反馈啊 |
[27:53] | Okay, so you are telling me that you and Jamie… | 好 你是说你和Jamie… |
[27:58] | Had sex. | 发生关系了 |
[27:59] | Okay, so, were you safe? | 那 你现在都好吧? |
[28:02] | Yes, it was a regular after school special. | 是 是安全期 |
[28:04] | Well, was he nice to you? | 那他有没有对你很好? |
[28:06] | Yes, he was very nice to me. | 嗯 很好 |
[28:08] | And the two of you had discussed this… | 你俩之前有没有讨论过… |
[28:10] | Well, I don’t know that we actually discussed it, | 我不确定我们是否谈及过 |
[28:13] | it was just sort of implied. | 是种心照不宣 |
[28:14] | – Implied? – Yes, implied. | – 心照不宣? – 对 心照不宣 |
[28:16] | When you’re dating a boy and you’re together for a given amount of time | 当你和男孩约会 相处了一段时间后 |
[28:19] | and you’re not Amish, then the eventual occurrence of intercourse is inevitable. | 只要不是门诺教徒 必然会发生关系 |
[28:22] | – I mean, wasn’t it with you? – What? | – 我是说 难道你不是这样的? – 啥? |
[28:25] | – With Dean. – No. | – 和Dean的时候 – 没 |
[28:26] | – No? – No. I never did it with Dean. | – 没? – 我们就没做过 |
[28:29] | Oh. Well, then with Jess, right? | 哦 是跟Jess 对吧? |
[28:32] | Um, no. | 呣… 没有 |
[28:34] | – You’re lying. – No, I’m not lying. | – 你撒谎 – 我说真的 |
[28:37] | – You haven’t? – No. | – 真的没有? – 真的 |
[28:38] | Why not? | 为啥不? |
[28:39] | I just haven’t. | 就是没有 |
[28:41] | It’s just not the time. | 还不是那个时候 |
[28:44] | Why is it not the time? I mean, if it’s not the time for you, | 为啥不是时候? 如果对你而言 不到时候 |
[28:46] | then maybe it’s not the time for me either. | 那对我 也不是了 |
[28:48] | Paris, you can’t judge what’s right for you against what’s right for me. | Paris 你不能以我的标准来评判你 |
[28:51] | I mean, we are different, and Jamie and Jess are different. | 就是说 我们不一样 Jamie和Jess也各不相同 |
[28:53] | Well, yeah. | 尽讲大道理 |
[28:54] | Maybe it was the time for the two of you. | 或许对你们俩来说是合适的 |
[28:57] | I guess. | 也许吧 |
[28:59] | I just wish I had the data to back it up. | 真希望有数据能让我考证一下 |
[29:00] | Some things can’t be analyzed. | 有些事是不能分析的 |
[29:03] | Listen, Rory, | 听我说 Rory |
[29:05] | these last few weeks, | 上几周里 |
[29:07] | Francie got things all twisted around. | Francie的事一团乱 |
[29:09] | You let her get things all twisted around. | 是你使她那样的 |
[29:11] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:13] | I just tend to believe the worst in people, you know? | 我只是愿意相信 人性中丑陋的一面 懂吗? |
[29:15] | Oh yeah, I know. | 嗯 我懂 |
[29:18] | I’m… | 我… |
[29:22] | That’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[29:23] | Hello, Mommy’s home! | 嗨 妈妈回来啦! |
[29:24] | We’re in here. | 我们在这儿呢 |
[29:25] | We’re, who’s we’re? | 你们? 还有谁呢? |
[29:26] | Oh, hey Paris. I didn’t know you were coming over tonight. | 嗨 Paris 没想到你今晚会来 |
[29:29] | It wasn’t planned. | 临时决定的 |
[29:30] | Oh, I brought pizza if you guys are hungry. | 我买了批萨 你们饿了可以吃 |
[29:32] | I have to take my retainer out first. | 我得先卸牙套 |
[29:35] | I’ll get the plates. | 我去拿盘子 |
[29:39] | I’m taking you shopping tomorrow. | 明天带你去购物 |
[29:41] | Why? | 为啥? |
[29:42] | It just seems time… | 就是… |
[29:44] | for new shoes. | 该给你买新鞋了 |
[29:45] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:50] | I’ve got the good kid. | 真是个好孩子 |
[29:55] | … of two hundred years of tradition, | …延承两百年的传统 |
[29:57] | Chilton begins its third century of educating this country’s young students… | Chilton迎来教育祖国未来的新世纪 |
[30:01] | Okay, I got the coats hung, | 好 我挂好衣服了 |
[30:03] | and I slipped the girl a buck to get the really good hangers. | 我给那个女孩子塞了好处 她肯定给咱们个好衣架 |
[30:05] | You know, the ones with the dry cleaning foam strips still attached. | 有些衣架上面还有干洗剂末呢 |
[30:07] | Why are you frowning? Are you nervous? | 干嘛皱眉头? 紧张吗? |
[30:09] | What? No. I mean, yes. | 嗯? 没 我是说有点 |
[30:10] | Paris is supposed to be here and she’s not. | Paris现在应该到的 可是还不见人影 |
[30:13] | Well, maybe she’s just had a clothing crisis. | 也许忙着挑衣服了 |
[30:16] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[30:17] | – Do you wanna call her? – I did, no answer. | – 给她打电话吧? – 打了 没人接 |
[30:19] | I’m sure she’s fine, there’s traffic. Just relax. | 她肯定没事的 路上太拥挤了 别紧张 |
[30:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:22] | – There you are. – Hi. | – 你们在这儿啊 – 嗨 |
[30:24] | – Grandpa, you came. – Of course I came. | – 爷爷 您来了 – 我肯定会来 |
[30:26] | I wouldn’t miss my granddaughter talking on national TV. | 我孙女上电视可不容错过 |
[30:29] | That’s quite a nice turnout you have here. | 观众还真是不少啊 |
[30:31] | Yes, we’re very proud of the number of people who have nothing to do on a Friday night. | 是啊 很高兴周五晚上 有这么多人没事做 |
[30:34] | Your mind never tires for a moment, does it? | 你的心思一刻不停息啊 对吧? |
[30:37] | It will once people start talking. | 人们开始说话就停了 |
[30:38] | Charming. | 不错 |
[30:39] | Okay, I’m gonna go track down some coffee | 好了 我得去找找哪有咖啡 |
[30:41] | ‘cause there’s no way they’re not serving coffee at this thing. | 这种场合没道理不提供咖啡 |
[30:43] | I’ll be right back. Relax, she’ll be here. | 我就回来 别担心了 她马上会来的 |
[30:47] | Stanford has been really fantastic. | 斯坦福真的很棒 |
[30:52] | – Will you excuse me for a moment? – Sure. | – 抱歉 失陪一下 – 好 |
[30:55] | We seem to be running into each other a lot lately. | 似乎我们最近经常碰面 |
[30:57] | Oh, come on, you know where there’s C-SPAN, there’s… | 噢 你知道的 哪里有C-SPAN |
[31:01] | me. | 我就跟到哪 |
[31:04] | Is Rory around? | Rory来了吗? |
[31:05] | She’s looking for Paris and panicking she’s gonna have to do this alone. | 她在等Paris 担心不得不独自上台 |
[31:08] | Paris’ll come. | Paris肯定会来的 |
[31:10] | I told her that. | 我也这么跟她说 |
[31:12] | Listen, do you have a second? | 你现在有时间吗? |
[31:14] | Sure. | 有啊 |
[31:15] | I just… | 我… |
[31:17] | I just wanna talk to you about… | 我想跟你谈谈… |
[31:23] | I just wanted to get away from… | 我只是想摆脱… |
[31:26] | anyhow. | 现在可以了 |
[31:29] | We just haven’t really talked since… | 我们很久都没有说话了… |
[31:34] | No, we haven’t. | 是 很久了 |
[31:38] | I always meant to call you, but… | 我想给你打电话来着 可是… |
[31:41] | I’m not good at calling when a call is really necessary. | 需要的时候 我又说不出来了 |
[31:43] | And then, you know… | 所以 你知道… |
[31:46] | if you don’t call for awhile, it gets harder to call, | 如果你开始就没打成 以后会更难 |
[31:49] | and then after awhile, it feels like it’s too late to call, | 过了一阵子后 想打已经来不及了 |
[31:51] | and so you don’t, although you always know that you should’ve called, | 所以你索性不打 尽管明白应该打 |
[31:54] | – and I should’ve called. – It’s okay. | – 我该打给你的 – 没关系 |
[31:56] | No, it’s not. I never really explained what happened. | 不 有关系 我还没解释清楚是怎么回事 |
[32:00] | You didn’t marry me. | 你不愿意嫁给我 |
[32:01] | Yes, I know, but I never really explained why. | 是的 可是我还没有说过原因 |
[32:05] | – I just didn’t. – You didn’t love me. | – 我就是不… – 不爱我 |
[32:07] | I don’t think I didn’t love you. I think… | 不是不爱你 而是… |
[32:10] | I think I was not ready to get married. | 我还没准备好要结婚 |
[32:12] | Because you didn’t love me. | 还是因为你不爱我 |
[32:14] | No, I really don’t think that was it. | 不 不是这个原因 |
[32:16] | Sometimes the person you love is not the person you’re ready to live with forever. | 有时 你爱的人不一定 就是共度一生的人 |
[32:20] | – I’m not saying this is right, but… – Lorelai, listen to me. | – 我没说这样是对的 但是… – Lorelai 听我说 |
[32:23] | I appreciate this, I really do, but there’s no need for it. | 感谢你这么说 真的 但是没必要 |
[32:27] | I’m really okay. | 我没事 |
[32:29] | Oh, no, I know you’re… no, I’m sure you’re okay. | 噢 不是 我知道你… 我确信你没事 |
[32:31] | I’m not saying this because you don’t look okay. | 我这么说并不是因为你看上去不好 |
[32:34] | You look great. Really great. | 你气色很好 |
[32:37] | Although, I’m not saying this because you look really great, although you do. | 我这么说 并不是因为你气色好 其实你真的挺好的 |
[32:40] | Did you join a gym in California? | 你在加利福尼亚经常健身? |
[32:42] | Lorelai, look. I’ve always wanted to teach at a university like Stanford. | Lorelai 能去斯坦福那种大学 教书是我的心愿 |
[32:46] | And finally, the opportunity came up, I went, and it was wonderful. | 最终 机会来了 我去了 一切都好 |
[32:51] | And, frankly, if we had been getting married, | 坦白的说 如果我们结了婚 |
[32:53] | I wouldn’t have been able to take it. | 我就不可能去了 |
[32:54] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[32:56] | And being away gave me time to think. | 距离能让我思考 |
[32:58] | I thought, and now I’m fine. | 我想通了 没事了 |
[33:00] | It’s just, we never had any closure. | 我们之间没有终场 |
[33:03] | Life’s not really about closure, is it? | 生活也不总关乎终场 对吧? |
[33:05] | No, I guess not. | 是啊 是这样 |
[33:08] | So, you’re okay? | 那你没事了? |
[33:09] | I’m okay. I’m over it. | 我很好 一切都过去了 |
[33:11] | – You sure? – I am completely sure. | – 确定? – 非常确定 |
[33:14] | Well, then… | 那… |
[33:16] | boy, don’t I feel stupid. | 那可别觉得我笨啊 |
[33:17] | You are many things, but stupid is not one of ‘em. | 你有很多特点 但是绝对不笨 |
[33:20] | I’m really glad I got to see you again. | 能再见到你 我很高兴 |
[33:24] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[33:26] | – I better get back. – Okay. | – 我得过去了 – 好的 |
[33:34] | Rory, you and Paris should get ready, you’re going on next. | Rory 你和Paris准备好下一个上场 |
[33:36] | Richard, I didn’t know you were coming, how are you? | Richard 不知道你来了 最近好吗? |
[33:39] | Very, very well, Hanlin. | 很好 Hanlin |
[33:40] | Wonderful. Here, let me find you a seat. | 那就好 我给你找个座位吧 |
[33:41] | Ah, I’m also with my daughter. | 啊 我跟女儿一起来的 |
[33:43] | Then let me find you two seats. | 那就找两个 |
[33:44] | Rory, where’s Paris? | Rory Paris呢? |
[33:46] | I don’t know, I haven’t seen her and I called her house. | 不知道 我一直没看到她 还给她家打了电话 |
[33:48] | Oh, dear. Well, I hope you know both parts. | 啊… 希望你记着她的词儿 |
[33:51] | Okay, great. | 这下好了 |
[33:52] | You are going to be wonderful, trust me. | 你会出色完成演讲的 相信我 |
[33:54] | Now, did anyone ever to tell you to picture the audience in their underwear? | 有没有人教过你 假想观众只穿内衣 |
[33:58] | – Yes. – Well, don’t do it. | – 有 – 别这么做 |
[34:00] | I did it once and I had nightmares for a week. | 我做过一次 随后做了一周噩梦 |
[34:02] | – Bulgarians in Speedos. – Say no more. | – 起码也得穿泳装啊 – 别说了 |
[34:04] | Hey, they’re rounding us up. | 嘿 马上到我们了 |
[34:05] | – Is she here yet? – No. | – 她来了吗? – 没有 |
[34:07] | Oh, just… oh, there she is. | 啊 真是… 她来了 |
[34:08] | Where? Oh, thank you God. | 哪儿? 噢 太好了 |
[34:10] | Okay, be great. We’ll see you afterward. | 好好发挥 稍后见 |
[34:12] | Where have you been? Paris, you okay? | 你去哪儿了? Paris 没事吧? |
[34:16] | And it is with great pleasure that I introduce two young ladies | 很荣幸为大家介绍两位女士 |
[34:20] | that epitomize the very best of what Chilton has to offer. | 她们是CHilton出类拔萃的学生 |
[34:23] | Paris, are you okay? | Paris 你还好吗? |
[34:24] | Ladies and Gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[34:25] | I give you Paris Gellar and Rory Gilmore. | 欢迎Paris Gellar和Rory Gilmore |
[34:41] | “Apply yourself. | “展示自我 |
[34:43] | Get all the education you can, but then do something. | 接受教育后 总得做点什么 |
[34:46] | Don’t just stand there, make it happen.” | 别只是傻站着 去创造奇迹吧” |
[34:55] | “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” | “教育的目的就是将空洞头脑开放化” |
[34:58] | Malcolm Forbes. | –马尔科姆·福布斯 |
[35:05] | “Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember | “教育是崇高的 |
[35:07] | from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.” | 但是我们必须谨记 有价值的东西都不是教出来的” |
[35:11] | Oscar Wilde. | –奥斯卡·王尔德 |
[35:13] | These are only three of many countless views on the expansion of the human mind. | 关于开拓人类思想 以上仅仅是众多观点中的三条 |
[35:16] | I personally believe in all of them, | 幸运的是 |
[35:18] | and fortunately for me, so does Chilton. | 我个人赞同所有的观点 Chilton更是如此 |
[35:21] | An institution not just because of age and standing, | 它不仅仅具有悠久的历史 |
[35:24] | but because of ideas. | 更因理念而屹立不倒 |
[35:25] | Because it encourages ideas and it will accept nothing less | 因为它鼓励创新 兼容并包 |
[35:28] | than everything you have to give. | 接受你所有的新思想 |
[35:30] | This is the place where our lives start. | 我们的生命由此扬帆 |
[35:35] | You know, it’s funny, | 我现在站在这里 |
[35:37] | me standing here before you right now. | 很可笑 |
[35:40] | I’ve thought about nothing else | 这四年里 我心无杂念 |
[35:41] | for four years but this school, | 只想着这个学校 |
[35:44] | this big important school | 这所庞大 重要的学校 |
[35:48] | with all of its history | 拥有的历史 |
[35:50] | and tradition and really super teachers. | 传统 还有顶尖的老师 |
[35:54] | And I dedicated myself to it completely, | 我全心全意的 |
[35:58] | heart and soul, | 为它献出我的一腔热诚 |
[35:59] | believing in its power, | 相信这它的能力 |
[36:01] | believing in its ability to get me where I needed to go. | 相信它能使我随心所向 |
[36:05] | Harvard. | 这所学校就是哈佛 |
[36:07] | I thought of nothing else. | 其它的我什么都不想 |
[36:09] | Many of you out there can attest to that fact. | 台下的很多人都可以作证 |
[36:13] | I was on my way and nothing could stop me. | 我勇往直前 所向披靡 |
[36:17] | And here’s the really funny thing, | 然而可笑的是 |
[36:19] | after four years of slaving away, | 就在辛苦的四年要结束的时候 |
[36:21] | I go home today and I found this. | 我在家里收到了这个 |
[36:27] | I’m not going to Harvard. | 我没被哈佛录取 |
[36:29] | I got the tiny envelope, | 这个小信封 |
[36:32] | the one that reads, | 里面写道 |
[36:33] | “Sorry, Paris. We’re not interested. | “抱歉 Paris 我们对你不感兴趣 |
[36:36] | Try again next year. Love, Harvard.” | 来年再试吧 永远的 哈佛” |
[36:39] | And the thing that’s really funny here is, | 可笑的事情就在于 |
[36:42] | who in the world deserves to go to Harvard more than me? | 这世上还有谁比我更应该进哈佛? |
[36:46] | Have you seen how hard I’ve worked over these past four years? | 你们有没有看到 我这四年是何等的努力? |
[36:49] | I mean, can anyone here believe that I’m not going to Harvard? | 你们有谁能相信 我竟然无缘哈佛? |
[36:54] | I can’t. | 我无法接受 |
[36:55] | I’m not going to Harvard. | 我去不了哈佛 |
[36:57] | I am not going to Harvard. | 我去不了哈佛 |
[36:59] | I had sex, but I’m not going to Harvard. | 我发生过性关系 但是我去不了哈佛 |
[37:01] | Okay. | 稍安勿燥 |
[37:01] | And I have to tell you that if you asked me | 如果你们问我 |
[37:03] | which of those two events I thought would be the least likely to happen, | 这两者中哪个不太可能发生? |
[37:07] | it would not be the not going to Harvard. | 那就是去不了哈佛 |
[37:09] | Thank you and good night. | 谢谢大家 晚安 |
[37:10] | I’m being punished. I had sex, so now I don’t get to go to Harvard. | 我被惩罚了 我和别人上了床 所以去不了哈佛 |
[37:14] | Paris, come on. | Paris 走吧 |
[37:14] | She’s never had sex. She’ll probably go to Harvard. | 她没有 所以她很可能被录取 |
[37:16] | She’s a shoe in. Pack your chastity belt, Gilmore – you’re going to Harvard! | 她已经迈进一只脚了 带着你的贞节去哈佛吧 Gilmore! |
[37:20] | Come on! | 走吧! |
[37:25] | How could I have not gotten into Harvard? | 我为什么进不了哈佛啊? |
[37:28] | Five generations of Gellars have gotten into Harvard. | Gellar家五代人都进了 |
[37:31] | Even if I was the Billy Carter of the family, | 即使我只是家里的Billy Carter |
[37:33] | the name is still supposed to carry some weight. | 这个名字也是有分量的 |
[37:36] | Paris | Paris. |
[37:37] | They had to really not like me for me to not get in. | 我落榜了 大家就不会喜欢我了 |
[37:39] | – It’s like they know me or something. – Stop. | – 他们就知道我去不了 – 别说了 |
[37:43] | I know how much this meant to you, Paris, | 我明白这对你有多重要 Paris |
[37:45] | but you are going to get just as good an education | 但是你可以去其它的好大学 |
[37:48] | at one of the other great schools you’re destined to get into. | 继续你的学业啊 |
[37:52] | And you know what? | 你知道吗? |
[37:54] | Maybe it’s a good thing that you’re going to a different school | 你去别的学校 说不定还是件好事呢 |
[37:56] | than the rest of your family. | 说不定比你家的人都厉害 |
[37:58] | You’ll be doing your own thing, starting your own tradition. | 你可以走自己的路 开创自己的先河 |
[38:01] | Doesn’t that sound exciting? | 不是很振奋吗? |
[38:03] | I can’t believe I slept with Jamie. | 我竟然和Jamie发生了关系 |
[38:05] | I’m a slut. | 像荡妇一样 |
[38:06] | No, you’re not. You love him. | 不 你不是 你爱他啊 |
[38:09] | What if he doesn’t love me anymore? | 如果他不爱我了呢? |
[38:11] | What if he doesn’t think I’m special anymore? | 如果他觉得我不特别了呢? |
[38:14] | How am I going to tell him I didn’t get into Harvard? | 我该怎么跟他说 我没进哈佛? |
[38:17] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办啊? |
[38:21] | Paris, I don’t know why you didn’t get into Harvard, | Paris 虽然我不知道你落榜的原因 |
[38:23] | but you are so smart | 但是你很聪明 |
[38:25] | and so special and you’ll see, everything’s gonna be fine. | 也很特别 我保证 一起都会好起来的 |
[38:31] | Hey, I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. | 嘿 我来看看 你们都没事吧? |
[38:35] | Yeah, we’ve got everything under control, thanks. | 嗯 我们都平静下来了 谢谢 |
[38:37] | Okay. I’ll be outside when you’re ready. No rush. | 好 我就在外面等你们 不用急 |
[38:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[38:43] | Well, all I’ve gotta say is, | 我想说的是 |
[38:46] | after all the trouble this sex thing has caused me, | 都是被那事儿给害的 |
[38:50] | I better have been good. | 我不应该做的 |
[38:54] | That’s the perspective I know and love. | 这才是我认识和喜爱的你啊 |
[38:59] | Dad, hi, sorry. I was just checking on the girls. | 爸 不好意思 我去看了看她们 |
[39:01] | Well, I hope they’re feeling very good about themselves. | 希望她们感觉甚好 |
[39:03] | They did a wonderful job. | 讲得很好 |
[39:05] | Yes, I’m sure they’ll be very pleased to hear you think so. | 她们听到你这么说一定很高兴 |
[39:07] | Listen, I need to get home. | 我现在得回家了 |
[39:09] | I’m expecting a very important call from China that unfortunately I cannot miss. | 我要等通来自中国的电话 不能错过 |
[39:14] | That’s fine, Dad. I’ll tell Rory you had to go. | 那好吧 爸爸 我会告诉Rory的 |
[39:16] | All right. And tell her I’ll call her later, and give her this. | 好 告诉她我随后打给她 把这个交给她 |
[39:19] | That’s very nice. Now how about my finder’s fee? | 真好 我找到它们你怎么奖励? |
[39:22] | You’re very amusing. Thank you for a lovely evening, | 你真幽默 我今晚过的很愉快 |
[39:25] | and I’ll see the two of you on Friday. | 咱们周五见 |
[39:27] | Good night. Sleep tight. | 晚安 睡个好觉 |
[39:30] | Excuse me, hi. I am not seeing my coat here, | 请问 我的大衣怎么不在这儿? |
[39:33] | and it was very cute and it was on sale, | 非常可爱 打折买的 |
[39:35] | and I will fling myself off a building if I lose it. | 如果丢了 我就从楼顶跳下去 |
[39:37] | We put some of the coat racks in the classroom over there, | 我们把部分衣架放去教室那边了 |
[39:39] | take a look. Otherwise the staircase to the roof is on your right. | 去看看吧 没有的话 去楼顶的楼梯在你右手边 |
[39:43] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[39:46] | Took two hundred years, but somebody at Chilton finally cracked a joke. | 两百年历史啊 Chilton终于闹了个大笑话 |
[39:55] | Okay. | 又碰到了 |
[39:58] | So, this is where they keep the coats they’re ashamed of. | 这儿肯定是存放寒酸衣服的地方 |
[40:02] | Well, this school has taken snobbery to a whole new level. | 这学校真是势利到一定程度了 |
[40:04] | So, is Rory okay? | Rory还好吧? |
[40:06] | Oh, yeah, I just went back there. | 嗯 我刚找到她了 |
[40:07] | She’s taking care of Paris, but she’s good, thanks. | 她在安慰Paris 她很好 多谢关心 |
[40:10] | I must say, I’ve been a teacher for ten years now, | 不得不说 当老师十年了 |
[40:13] | and it wasn’t until today I realized, it must be really hard to be a girl. | 直到今天我才认识到 做女孩真不容易 |
[40:17] | And with the invention of Sephora, really expensive, too. | 加上丝芙兰的诱惑 真是太贵了 |
[40:20] | – I’m very sorry. – Oh, don’t be. | – 真抱歉啊 – 不用 |
[40:22] | At least we get to wear skirts without being Scottish | 不过即使我们不是苏格兰人 也可以穿短裙了 |
[40:25] | or riding a float in the gay pride parade. | 能在同志游行中踩花车 |
[40:27] | That’ll change someday my friend, | 总有一天会改变的 |
[40:28] | and when it does, I still won’t wear a skirt. | 再怎么变化 我也不穿短裙 |
[40:30] | But I’ll applaud those that do, | 不过我会赞同别人这么做 |
[40:32] | and then cross the street so nobody sees I’m with them. | 只要不被别人发现我与他们为伍 |
[40:36] | – It was nice seeing you. – Nice to see you, too. | – 见到你很高兴 – 我也是 |
[40:38] | – Take care of yourself. – I will. | – 保重 – 我会的 |
[40:50] | And apparently, I’m not over it. | 显然 我还忘不了你 |
[41:06] | I’m not getting rid of my knives, Jackson. | 我不会扔掉那些刀的 Jackson |
[41:08] | I’m a chef, I have to have knives. | 作为厨师 刀是必备的 |
[41:10] | And I’m also not cutting off the water supply | 而且我也不会切断水供给 |
[41:14] | and I’m not sanding down all the edges of my furniture. | 更不会打磨家居棱角 |
[41:17] | Now, I’m sorry that you think this house is a deathtrap, | 很遗憾你认为这房子处处不安全 |
[41:19] | and I’m sorry that you think there is nothing in our lifestyles | 甚至认为我们的生活方式 |
[41:22] | that is conducive to having a baby, | 不利于养孩子 |
[41:24] | but our kid is gonna have to be bright enough not to disconnect the water hose | 可是我们的孩子不会笨到 卸了制冰机的水管 |
[41:27] | that goes to the automatic ice maker and shove it up his or her nose. | 连在自己的鼻子上吧 |
[41:32] | Now go to sleep. | 睡吧 |
[41:42] | Did I tell you how happy I am? | 你知道我有多高兴吗? |
[41:46] | No, you didn’t. | 你又没说 |
[41:53] | I have never been happier about anything in my entire life. | 我这辈子从来没有这么高兴过 |
[41:57] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[41:58] | Our wedding day, but this is running a really close second. | 快赶上结婚那时的高兴劲儿了 |
[42:02] | Jackson | Jackson. |
[42:08] | Now if you would just get rid of the knives, | 如果你能扔掉那些刀 |
[42:10] | I think it could make it a tie. | 我就会和结婚那时一样高兴 |
[42:13] | I wasn’t kidding about the knives. | 我可不是开玩笑 |
[42:16] | Goodnight Jackson. | 晚安 Jackson |
[42:19] | If I could read you the statistics just one more time. | 听我再读一遍事故的数据吧 |
[42:22] | I love you, Jackson. | 我爱你 Jackson |
[42:24] | Hold on, I’ll find them. | 等等 我就找到了 |
[42:26] | – But… – I don’t know. | – 可是… – 我不知道 |
[42:28] | What does this mean? | 这代表什么? |
[42:29] | I don’t know. | 不知道啊 |
[42:30] | – What are you gonna do? – I don’t know. | – 你准备咋办? – 不知道 |
[42:32] | What about Alex? | 那Alex呢? |
[42:34] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[42:36] | But is Max going to… | 可Max会… |
[42:37] | Oh, honey, have you gotten the clue? | 唉 宝贝 你还没明白吗? |
[42:38] | There’s not gonna be a wealth of information tonight. | 我现在是一问三不知啊 |
[42:40] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[42:43] | It’s just so… | 我有点… |
[42:56] | The big one. | 是大信封 |
[43:01] | Looks like Paris was right. | 看来Paris说对了 |
[43:07] | Apparently, you are the biggest virgin in the world. | 显然 你是这世上最好的女孩 |
[43:16] | So, what? | 那么? |
[43:19] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[43:20] | Well, what does this mean? | 什么意思啊? |
[43:21] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[43:22] | Which one are you gonna choose? | 想选哪所学校? |
[43:24] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[43:25] | I guess we better go inside. | 我们还是先进去吧 |
[43:27] | We both have a lot of things to figure out, huh? | 咱俩要好好合计一下 好不? |
[43:33] | So what are the odds that Paris is ever gonna have sex again in this lifetime? | Paris这辈子还有可能再做爱不? |
[43:36] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[43:38] | Synchro : Amariss – www.foromfr.com – | |
[43:49] | 吉尔莫女孩 第三集 第16集 完 |