时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | “Where’s the ladies room?” | “女士洗手间在哪?” |
[00:03] | “More coffee, please.” | “再来点咖啡” |
[00:04] | “Does Antonio Banderas live near here?” | “安东尼奥・班德拉斯 住在这附近吗?” |
[00:06] | We do not need to know how to say “Does Antonio Banderas live near here?” | 我们不需要知道 “安东尼奥・班德拉斯 住在这附近吗?”怎么说 |
[00:09] | – Oh, yes, we do. – Mom. | – 不 我们需要 – 妈妈 |
[00:11] | When we’re in Spain, we need to know how to say, | 我们在西班牙的时候 需要知道怎么说 |
[00:13] | “Does Antonio Banderas live near here?” | “安东尼奥・班德拉斯住在这附近吗?” |
[00:14] | When in France, “Does Johnny Depp live near here?” | 在法国是”约翰尼・德普住附近 吗?” |
[00:16] | When in Rome, “Does Gore Vidal live near here?” | 在罗马是”戈尔・维达尔住附近 吗?” |
[00:19] | You know, you look like me, yet my ways are completely lost on you. | 你知道吗 你长得像我 可我的性格你一点都没有 |
[00:22] | Come on, honey, put that down. You’ve been studying all day. | 宝贝 来吧 把那收起来 你已经学了一整天了 |
[00:24] | I can’t put it down, I’ve got finals coming up. | 我不能 我马上就要毕业考试了 |
[00:26] | I know you have finals coming up, but you also have a piece of pie | 我知道你就要考试了 但你还有一块派 |
[00:29] | sitting there that you’ve been completely ignoring. | 躺在那儿被你完全忽视掉了 |
[00:31] | Just let me get to the end of this chapter. | 让我看完这一章 |
[00:32] | Oh, fine. | 好吧 |
[00:34] | How important do you think it is to be able to say, | 你觉得说这句有多重要 |
[00:36] | – “Help, I’m bleeding from the head”? – Just bring the phrase books. | – “救命 我头上出血了”吗? – 带上词汇书就好了嘛 |
[00:39] | No. If we learn all the phrases we need, | 不 如果我们学会了所有必须的词组 |
[00:41] | then the phrase books are one less thing we have to lug around. | 那我们就能少带一本词汇书了 |
[00:43] | We will never be able to learn all the phrases in every language | 我们永远也不能学会每种语言的所有词组 |
[00:46] | that we’re going to need. Bring the books. | 把词汇书带上好了 |
[00:47] | We can learn enough. Plus, doesn’t everybody speak English over there anyway? | 我们可以学得足够多 而且 不是那边人人都说英语的吗? |
[00:50] | – Ugly American, party of one. – Fine, we’ll bring the books. | – 丑陋的美国人 不知所云 – 好吧 我们带上词汇书 |
[00:53] | Okay, five minutes for pie. | 好的 五分钟消灭派 |
[00:55] | Finally. | 终于 |
[00:56] | They’re here, I’ve got them. | 在这里 我拿到了 |
[00:57] | You’ve got what? | 你拿到什么? |
[00:58] | – The brochures for my college. – You seem chipper. | – 我学院的宣传册 – 你似乎很开心 |
[01:01] | I am. I have decided to make this whole | 是的 我已经决定好好全盘体验 |
[01:03] | Seventh Day Adventist College experience a good one. | 基督复临安息日学院 |
[01:06] | I’m gonna look on the bright side, find the silver lining, and make myself some lemonade. | 我要乐观积极一点 抓住一线希望 再给自己做点柠檬水 |
[01:09] | – Good for you. – The campus looks pretty. | – 这样想就好 – 校园很漂亮 |
[01:11] | Very pretty. | 非常漂亮 |
[01:12] | It’s got two huge parks with gardens and lakes. | 有两个包括花园和湖的大公园 |
[01:15] | – Two parks. – One for boys and one for girls. | – 两个公园 – 一个是给男生 一个给女生 |
[01:18] | And you know, I had originally thought that this was gonna be a suffocating place | 你知道吗 我本来以为这里 会是一个让人窒息的地方 |
[01:22] | with out of date rules and insane restrictions, | 不能约会和愚蠢的限制 |
[01:24] | but boy was I wrong. | 但天哪 我想错了 |
[01:25] | For example, curfew is up to 9:30. | 比如 熄灯时间是到9点半 |
[01:28] | 9:45 if you’re going for your Masters. | 如果你读硕士的话可以到9点45 |
[01:30] | Makeup will be permitted, as long as it identically matches your skin tone. | 化妆是允许的 只要和你的肤色相称 |
[01:34] | And owning a Rolling Stones CD is no longer grounds for expulsion. | 而拥有一张滚石的CD也不再会被赶出来 |
[01:37] | You can work the demerits off in the campus clean-up crew. | 你可以在校园清洁队干活把污点去掉 |
[01:40] | There’s a separate park for boys? | 有单独给男生的公园? |
[01:43] | My life is over. | 我这一辈子完了 |
[01:44] | – Oh, no, I didn’t say that. – You didn’t have to. | – 噢 不 我没那么说 – 你也不用说 |
[01:48] | – Well, it is over. – It’s not over. | – 好吧 是结束了 – 还没有完 |
[01:49] | Every kid in that brochure was awkward and panicked. | 册子里的每个小孩都傻傻的还很惊恐 |
[01:52] | It looked like the Academy Award audience during Michael Moore’s speech. | 就像是迈克尔-摩尔在奥斯卡上讲话时 下面听众的表情 |
[01:55] | Hey, why don’t you add the phrase “Just sit there and look pretty” | 嘿 你要不加一句”坐那儿 安分点” |
[01:57] | to that list of yours there, okay? I’ve gotta go back to studying. | 到你那张的单子里吧? 我要继续学习了 |
[02:01] | “Does that sexy guy in the Peugeot ad | “那个标致广告里在<世界末日> |
[02:03] | who had a bit part in Armageddon live near here?” | 有个小角色的帅小伙住在附近吗?” |
[03:41] | – Oh, God, Rory, you scared me. – Sorry. | – 噢 上帝 Rory 你吓着我了 – 对不起 |
[03:43] | I’ve been sneaking around here like an idiot trying not to wake you up. | 我像个傻瓜一下偷偷溜到这里想不吵醒你 |
[03:47] | I’ve been up for hours. | 我已经起来好几个小时了 |
[03:49] | Why? Did you have a bad dream? | 为什么? 你做噩梦了? |
[03:50] | The one where you finally meet Christiane Amanpour and she’s really stupid? | 梦到你终于见到Christiane Amanpour 而她其实很傻? |
[03:53] | No, I realized last night that at this rate, | 不 昨晚我意识到 以这个进度 |
[03:55] | I will never finish all the work I have to do. | 我永远也做不完我要做的工作 |
[03:57] | – What work? – What work? What work, she asks. | – 什么工作? – 什么工作? 她居然问 什么工作 |
[03:59] | Well, you know me and that dippy Christiane, takes a little while to catch up. | 呃 你知道 我和那个痴呆Christiane 花了点时间聊了聊天 |
[04:03] | Here. | 这里 |
[04:04] | Things to do before graduation. A list, of course. | 毕业前要做的事情 当然 是个清单 |
[04:07] | Study for finals, senior breakfast, senior awards, | 毕业考试复习 毕业生早餐会 毕业生颁奖 |
[04:10] | finish final edition of the Franklin, | 完成Franklin的定稿 |
[04:11] | organize a new student government, | 组织一个新的学生会 |
[04:13] | convince Paris to give up student gavel. | 说服Paris放弃学生拍卖 |
[04:16] | Oh, and I forgot – man the yearbook distribution table this afternoon | 哦 我忘了 为那个白痴毕业生狂欢会 |
[04:19] | at the stupid Senior Palooza. Unbelievable. | 安排今天下午发放年鉴用的桌子 难以置信 |
[04:22] | I’ll be manning the Booster Club Grad Night table at the same time, | 那我就同时负责家长会的 毕业生之夜用的桌子 |
[04:25] | so we can feel stupid and abused together. | 那样我们就可以一起发痴委屈 |
[04:27] | I can’t finish all this and sleep at the same time. | 我不能同时完成这些并睡觉 |
[04:29] | You have to sleep, it’s what keeps you pretty. | 你必须睡觉 它使你保持美丽 |
[04:31] | Who cares if I’m pretty if I fail my finals? | 如果我考试不及格 谁关心我美不美丽呢? |
[04:33] | Okay, you’ve got this so completely backwards. | 好吧 你这想法就落后咧 |
[04:37] | What is all this? | 这是什么? |
[04:38] | I found that if I focus too much on one subject, | 我发现如果我在一个科目上太投入的话 |
[04:41] | I start to get a little punchy. | 我就会有点头晕 |
[04:42] | This way, when I hit Bolshevik Revolution overload, | 这样的话 当我学习布尔什维克革命太久的话 |
[04:45] | I just shift over here and, oh, hello, Anne Boleyn is going down, | 我只要转移到这里 啊 哈罗 安-博林垮台了 |
[04:48] | and then when that gets too depressing, it’s right over to calculus. | 当那样也太压抑的时候 是时候开始微积分了 |
[04:51] | Saving the party subject for last? | 把派对狂欢留到最后哈? |
[04:53] | This shifting back and forth seems to produce better results. | 这种来回转换似乎会更有成效 |
[04:56] | I think you’re pushing yourself too hard. | 我觉得你把自己弦上得太紧了 |
[04:58] | I made out a schedule. | 我订了一张时间表 |
[04:59] | Every single moment of every single day | 每一天的每一个时刻 |
[05:01] | from now until graduation is accounted for. | 从现在开始直到毕业 |
[05:03] | You left off the Kiwanis Luncheon. | 你拉下了吉瓦尼斯俱乐部午宴 |
[05:05] | – I did? Are you sure? – It’s on Monday. | – 有吗? 你确定? – 是在周一 |
[05:07] | How could I forget the Kiwanis Luncheon? They gave me their scholarship. | 我怎么能忘了吉瓦尼斯俱乐部午宴? 他们可给了我奖学金 |
[05:10] | Oh, yes, a two hundred and fifty dollar scholarship. | 是的 一笔250块的奖学金 |
[05:12] | That’ll keep you in microwave popcorn for a week. | 够你吃一星期的微波炉爆米花了 |
[05:14] | I’ll just have to move something around. | 我得把一些事情挪挪 |
[05:15] | And I’ll have to work Grandma in. | 而我还得把外婆算进来 |
[05:17] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[05:18] | Grandma called and asked if I could come over | 外婆打电话问我能不能过去 |
[05:19] | and help her pick out a dress to wear to my graduation. | 帮她选一件在我毕业典礼上穿的衣服 |
[05:21] | – No. – I have to. | – 不行 – 我要去 |
[05:22] | Rory, my mother’s been dressing herself for years | Rory 我妈妈给自己选衣服很多年了 |
[05:24] | and she has yet to show up at a function with her bra on the outside of her clothing. | 而她还想把自己的文胸 穿在衣服外面现身呢 |
[05:27] | She asked, I can’t say no. | 她请求我的 我没法说不 |
[05:29] | Tell her about the koala bears. She’ll understand. | 告诉她树袋熊的事 她会明白的 |
[05:31] | Please stop making fun of them. We need every cent we can get. Yale is expensive. | 别再取笑他们了 我们需要 能弄到的每一分钱 耶鲁很贵的哎 |
[05:35] | I know Yale is expensive. | 我知道耶鲁很贵 |
[05:36] | We haven’t heard from Yale financial aid yet. | 我们还没耶鲁财务补助的回音 |
[05:38] | We will, relax. | 放松点 我们会的 |
[05:39] | We had better hear from them soon | 我们最好马上有他们的回音 |
[05:41] | because I have a deposit to send in for my room | 因为我要为我的房间交押金 |
[05:43] | and I have a bunch of supplies to buy | 还要买一堆东西 |
[05:45] | and I wanna get all of that out of the way before we go to Europe, | 而我想在我们去欧洲之前把所有那些搞定 |
[05:47] | otherwise I’ll be obsessing about it the entire time. | 要不然我会一直想着它 |
[05:51] | Okay, listen, I’m gonna go out and get the paper. | 我要出去把报纸拿进来 |
[05:53] | Okay, don’t show it to me because I have no time for recreational reading until June. | 好的 别把它拿给我 因为直到6月后我才有时间看娱乐性读物 |
[05:57] | Could we move your, uh, chill session from four o’clock tomorrow afternoon | 我们可否把你的”放松课程” 从明天下午四点 |
[06:01] | to… right now? That’d be great, thanks. | 挪到…现在吗? 太好了 谢谢 |
[06:04] | Okay, little tip – | 好的 给你个小贴士 |
[06:06] | the whole stalking thing works infinitely better | 你若是不把脸挤到玻璃上来 |
[06:08] | when you don’t actually smash your face in the window. | 你这样偷偷摸摸的还是很有用的 |
[06:10] | – I need to talk to you. – Come inside. | – 我得跟你谈谈 – 进来 |
[06:12] | No, Rory’s in there. | 不 Rory在 |
[06:14] | Since when are you scared of Rory? ‘Cause seriously, Luke, I think you can take her. | 你什么时候开始怕Rory了? 因为 真的 Luke 我认为你可以接受她 |
[06:17] | I just need to tell you something. | 我只想告诉你些事情 |
[06:19] | – Can she hear us? – Through the walls? | – 她能听到我们吗? – 穿过墙吗? |
[06:21] | No, I put some kryptonite in her waffles. We’re good. | 不 我往她华夫饼干里加了点氪 没问题 |
[06:23] | Come over here. | 到这里来 |
[06:24] | You’re freaking out the freaks this morning. | 你今天早上表现很奇怪 |
[06:28] | Jess is gone. | Jess出走了 |
[06:30] | – What? – And I don’t think he’s coming back. | – 什么? – 而且我觉得他不会再回来了 |
[06:32] | What do you mean gone? Like gone gone? | 你说出走是什么意思? 是说一去不复返吗? |
[06:34] | – Exactly like gone gone. – But when? | – 的确是一去不复返 – 什么时候? |
[06:36] | Last night, this morning, I don’t know. | 昨天晚上 今天早上 我不知道 |
[06:38] | I went up there to get some money out of the safe | 我上楼去保险箱拿钱 |
[06:39] | and I noticed that all of his stuff was gone. | 然后我发觉他所有的东西都没了 |
[06:41] | Oh, Luke, I’m so sorry. | 噢 Luke 我很遗憾 |
[06:43] | Yeah, well, forget it. I’m through with him. | 哦 是啊 算了吧 我和他结束了 |
[06:46] | He’s eighteen, he can do whatever the hell he wants. | 他18岁了 他爱怎样就怎样 |
[06:48] | He’s on his own, I’m through. | 他自生自灭去吧 我受够了 |
[06:50] | – Luke. – No, it’s a relief. | – Luke – 不 是种解脱 |
[06:51] | That kid was driving me crazy. Let him make his own way from now on. | 那小子让我抓狂 现在起让他走自己的路 |
[06:54] | Let him see how far that smart mouth of his gets him without someone watching his back. | 让他明白没人盯着点他 凭自己那张利嘴能走多远 |
[06:57] | I couldn’t be more relieved. I’m just worried about Rory. | 我很宽慰 我只是在担心Rory |
[07:00] | – I assume she doesn’t know. – She hasn’t said anything. | – 我猜她还不知道 – 她什么都没说 |
[07:03] | – I can tell her if you want me to. – No, it’s okay. I can do it. | – 如果你愿意 我可以去告诉她 – 不用 我来说吧 |
[07:06] | I just have to figure out when. She’s got a lot of things on her mind right now. | 我只是在考虑什么时候说 她现在有很多事情打算要做 |
[07:10] | Don’t wait too long. She’ll notice eventually. | 别等太久 她最终会注意到的 |
[07:12] | Yes, okay. | 是的 好吧 |
[07:15] | – Thanks for coming over. – No problem. | – 谢谢你能过来 – 没什么 |
[07:24] | Luke? | Luke? |
[07:30] | – I failed him. – You did not fail him. | – 我让他失望了 – 你没让他失望 |
[07:33] | You supported him, you defended him, you gave him a chance, | 你支持他 维护他 给他一个机会 |
[07:36] | and if he chose not to take it, there’s nothing more you could do. | 如果他选择不去接受 你也不能再做什么了 |
[07:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:43] | Well, I should go. | 我该走了 |
[07:49] | Do you have any idea where he went? | 你知道他去哪了吗? |
[07:51] | Yeah, I got a pretty good idea. | 是的 我很清楚 |
[08:06] | Hey, there is no chill time scheduled for four o’clock tomorrow, | 嘿 明天下午四点时间表上 根本没有什么放松时间 |
[08:09] | and the one thing I really don’t have time for are your jokes, missy. | 还有我真的没时间听你的笑话 小姐 |
[08:16] | Later’s good. | 还是晚点说好 |
[08:59] | – Do you need some help, friend? – Nope. | – 朋友 要帮忙吗? – 不用 |
[09:01] | Lived here 25 years. I can certainly point you in a direction, make your journey easier. | 在这儿住了25年 我当然能为你指个方向 让你旅途轻松点 |
[09:06] | Enjoy this beautiful day. | 享受这美好的一天吧 |
[09:09] | I’ll have the alfalfa sprouts and a plate of mashed yeast. | 我要紫花苜蓿芽和一碟捣碎的干酵母 |
[10:25] | Yes, I’ve been holding for Mr. Hennings. I’m Lorelai Gilmore… | 是的 我在等Hennings先生电话 我是Lorelai Gilmore… |
[10:29] | Oh, great, hi. Listen… | 太好了 嗨 听着… |
[10:32] | I just received this letter saying that my daughter did not qualify for financial aid. | 我刚收到一封信说我女儿 不符合财务补助的规定 |
[10:37] | Rory Gilmore… | Rory Gilmore… |
[10:42] | Okay, yes, we did recently receive seventy-five thousand dollars, | 好的 是的 我们最近确实收到75000美元 |
[10:46] | but, here’s the thing – that money is gone. | 但 事情是这样子的 钱已经没了 |
[10:48] | I gave it to my parents, so I don’t have it anymore, I swear. | 我把它给了我父母 所以我现在没有了 我发誓 |
[10:52] | You could come over here and search me. | 你们可以过来调查我 |
[10:53] | We could open a bottle of wine and put on some Motown and… | 我们可以开瓶酒并听点摩城音乐… |
[10:57] | Yes, that was very inappropriate. | 是的 那样很不合适 |
[11:00] | Look, I owed my parents that money | 听着 我欠我父母那笔钱 |
[11:04] | because they helped me put Rory through Chilton, | 因为他们帮我把Rory送进Chilton |
[11:06] | and I wanted her to go to Chilton so that she could get into… | 而我希望她进Chilton 这样她就可以进… |
[11:09] | Harvard, but then Harvard became Yale | 哈佛 但之后变成了耶鲁 |
[11:12] | – long story – and now that she’s gotten into Yale, I paid them back for Chilton. | – 说来话长了 – 她进了耶鲁 我把Chilton的钱还给了他们 |
[11:16] | Just kind of a funny, wacky circle we could all laugh about someday… | 真是一种可笑古怪的大圈子 将来有天 我们会觉得好笑 |
[11:21] | Yes, but, since I don’t have the money anymore, | 是的 但是 既然我已经没有那笔钱了 |
[11:25] | it just seems like it shouldn’t count. | 应该是不能算数的 |
[11:26] | There must be something we can do. | 我们肯定还能做点什么 |
[11:27] | I mean, Rory is the most deserving kid there is, just seriously. | 我是说Rory是最需要的孩子 真的 |
[11:31] | You know, I don’t know if you know the Kiwanis, | 我不知道你是否知道吉瓦尼斯俱乐部 |
[11:32] | but they gave her their scholarship and… | 但他们给过她奖学金 而且… |
[11:39] | I understand… | 我懂了… |
[11:44] | We’ll just have to figure something out… | 我们得想出点办法来… |
[11:48] | Thank you. Goodbye. | 谢谢你 再见 |
[12:16] | Hey! Hello, is anybody home? Hey! | 嘿! 你好 有人在家吗? 嘿 |
[12:19] | Pipe down! | 安静点! |
[12:20] | You selling something? | 你是推销东西的? |
[12:21] | No. Does Jimmy Mariano live here? | 不是 Jimmy Mariano住在这里吗? |
[12:23] | Does he owe you money? | 他欠你钱吗? |
[12:24] | No, I’m his… | 不 我是他的… |
[12:26] | Jess. I’m Jess. | Jess 我是Jess |
[12:28] | Jess? | Jess? |
[12:30] | – Jess Marian… – Frodo, back off now! | – Kess Marian… – Frodo 退下! |
[12:34] | I’m sorry, what were you saying? | 很抱歉 你在说什么? |
[12:35] | I just wanna see Jimmy, okay? | 我想见Jimmy 好吗? |
[12:38] | Hey, did you ever see The Wizard of Oz? | 嘿 你看过绿野仙踪吗? |
[12:41] | Remember when they go to the Emerald City | 记得他们回到翡翠城时 |
[12:42] | and they ring the bell and the guy with the beard stuck his head out | 他们按了门铃 长胡子的人把他的头伸了出来 |
[12:45] | and they said that they wanted to see the wizard, and he said no, | 他们说想见男巫 他说不行 |
[12:47] | and they said, ‘She’s got the ruby slippers’, | 他们说 她有红宝石拖鞋 |
[12:49] | and he said ‘Well, that’s a horse of a different color. Come on in.’ | 他说’好的 那就另当别论了 进来吧’ |
[12:53] | Well, I’m the guy with the beard and I’m saying the no | 那么 我就是长胡子的那个人 我说不行 |
[12:55] | unless you can come up with the ruby slippers. | 除非你给我看红宝石拖鞋 |
[12:57] | – I’m his son. – His son? | – 我是他的儿子 – 他的儿子? |
[13:00] | Yes, his son. | 是的 他的儿子 |
[13:03] | Well, that’s a horse of a different color. Come on in. | 那么 就另当别论了 进来吧 |
[13:06] | – Do they bite? – Just those two. | – 它们咬人吗? – 这两只咬人 |
[13:08] | Which two? Hey, which two? | 哪两只? 嘿 哪两只? |
[13:13] | Great. | 这下好了 |
[13:15] | I swear I will bite you back. | 我发誓我会回咬你们的 |
[13:23] | – I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were coming. – Neither did I. | – 很抱歉 我不知道你会来 – 我也是 |
[13:25] | I’m Sasha. | 我叫Sasha |
[13:27] | This is Angus, Chowder, Rufus, Legolas, | 这是Angus Chowder Rufus Legolas |
[13:29] | Caligula Mudball General Lee Jimmy Jam Caligula, Mudball, General Lee, Jimmy Jam, | |
[13:31] | Terry Lewis and Spot. Jimmy’s not here right now. | Terry Lewis和Spot Jimmy现在不在 |
[13:34] | Okay, I can just hang out, walk around for awhile. | 好吧 我可以出去在外面逛一会儿 |
[13:37] | Just tell me what time he gets home. | 告诉我他什么时候回来 |
[13:38] | Why don’t you come in? I’ll call his work. | 你为什么不进来? 我打个电话到他工作的地方 |
[13:40] | Oh, well… | 哦 那好… |
[13:47] | – You have a lot of pets. – Ah, they’re not all mine. | – 你有很多宠物 – 啊 也不全是我的 |
[13:49] | No? | 不是吗? |
[13:50] | No, some of ’em followed me home, some of ’em hang out, | 不是 有些跟着我回家 有些出去转转 |
[13:53] | some of ’em just needed a place to crash. | 有些只是需要个地方暂住 |
[13:55] | They drive Jimmy crazy, actually, but what can you do? | 它们让Jimmy抓狂 但说真的 你又能怎么样? |
[13:57] | Someone’s gotta take care of ’em, right? | 总有人得照顾他们 对吗? |
[13:58] | I’m just gonna try and track him down, so just wander. | 我试着找找他 那么你先逛逛吧 |
[14:17] | Lee, hi, I’m looking for Jimmy… | Lee 嗨 我找Jimmy… |
[14:20] | Okay, I’ll hold… | 好的 我先等着 |
[14:34] | Clowns, cats, dogs. I wonder where his tap shoes are. | 小丑 猫 狗 不知道他的踢踏舞鞋会在哪 |
[15:11] | He wasn’t at work, but his guy said he’ll be back any second. | 他不在工作 但他的伙计说他随时都会回来 |
[15:13] | Lil, Koko’s gonna come over and stay with you while I’m gone, okay? | Lil Koko等会过来 在我离开的时候陪着你 好吗? |
[15:17] | And put those books back in there when you’re done, I mean it. | 看完把这些书放回原处 我说真的 |
[15:19] | – Ready? – Yeah. | – 好了? – 是的 |
[15:22] | Hey… the door. | 嘿…门 |
[15:25] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:33] | – Shut up. – I swear. | – 不是吧 – 我发誓 |
[15:35] | Jean jackets are out? How is that possible? | 牛仔外套过时了 这怎么可能? |
[15:37] | I just opened the magazine and there it was. | 我刚打开杂志 它就是那么说的 |
[15:39] | This is horrible. Who decides these things? | 太可怕了 这都是谁决定的? |
[15:40] | Marie Claire, apparently. | 当然是 |
[15:42] | I feel so helpless. | 我真是无助啊我 |
[15:43] | Did you hear? Jean jackets are out. | 你听说了吗? 牛仔过时了 |
[15:46] | – Out of where? – Vogue. | – 从哪里 – |
[15:47] | – No, Marie Claire. – Whatever. We still can’t wear them. | – 不 |
[15:49] | You guys, thank you so much for passing out the yearbooks for me. | 你们 谢谢你们帮我发放年鉴 |
[15:52] | – I really need the study time. – No problem. | – 我真的需要学习的时间 – 没问题 |
[15:54] | Do you want me to at least help you bring the boxes in? | 那我至少帮你们把箱子搬进来吧? |
[15:56] | Oh, we’ve got that taken care of. | 哦 我们已经搞定了 |
[15:58] | Halfway through. | 搬到一半了 |
[15:59] | Yeah, hurry up, ’cause we need to get started. | 好啊 快点 我们就要开始了 |
[16:02] | God, he carries those boxes sexy. | 上帝 他搬箱子的样子真性感 |
[16:05] | Hello? | 喂? |
[16:06] | Rory, you haven’t returned my calls. | Rory 你没回我电话 |
[16:08] | Oh, Grandma, I’m so sorry. I’ve been really busy. | 哦 外婆 我很抱歉 我真的很忙 |
[16:10] | I don’t care how busy you get, young lady, | 我不管你有多忙 小姑娘 |
[16:12] | you have to call your grandmother back. | 你得给你的外婆回电话 |
[16:14] | – I’m sorry. – I won’t be around forever, you know. | – 我很抱歉 – 我不会永远在你身边的 知道不 |
[16:16] | – I’m really sorry. – When are you coming over? | – 我真的很抱歉 – 你什么时候过来? |
[16:18] | I need to discuss what to wear to your graduation. I thought about a suit. | 我需要讨论下你毕业典礼时我穿什么 我想穿套装 |
[16:21] | – A suit seems nice. – But perhaps it’s too formal. | – 套装听上去不错啊 – 但也许太正式了 |
[16:23] | Formal’s fine. | 正式很好啊 |
[16:24] | What are your friends’ families wearing? | 你朋友的家人穿什么? |
[16:26] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:27] | – Can you find out? – Sure, hold on. | – 你不能去问问? – 当然 等等 |
[16:30] | Louise, what’s your grandmother wearing to graduation? | Louise 你外婆在毕业典礼时穿什么? |
[16:33] | Hopefully the pearls I get when she kicks. | 估计是她翘掉后要留给我的珍珠项链 |
[16:36] | – Why don’t I just come over? – Oh, that would be wonderful. Today? | – 要不我过来吧? – 哦 那太好了 今天吗? |
[16:40] | Yes, as soon as I can get away. | 是的 我一能离开就来 |
[16:41] | And bring a color swatch of your cap and gown so I don’t clash. | 再带一个你帽子和长袍的色样 这样我就不撞色了 |
[16:44] | Bye, Grandma. | 再见 外婆 |
[16:48] | Hello? | 喂 |
[16:49] | – I just got another call from Grandma. – Rory, no. | – 我刚又接到了外婆的电话 – Rory 不要 |
[16:51] | – I’m gonna go over there now. – And leave me here alone? | – 我现在就要过去 – 把我一个人丢在这里? |
[16:54] | Where are you? I can’t even see you. | 你在哪? 我看不到你 |
[16:55] | I’m over here by the Old Spice ad. | 我在这里 Old Spice广告的旁边 |
[16:56] | – Hi. – Hi. Come over. | – 嗨 – 嗨 过来 |
[16:58] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[16:59] | You can’t come over and talk for one second? | 你就不能过来说会话? |
[17:01] | The minute I walk into that room, I’m suddenly gonna have to sign yearbooks, | 我一进到那个房间 就得签毕业年鉴了 |
[17:03] | and since I’m severely crunched for time, | 而既然我严格按着时间来 |
[17:05] | I’m gonna have to resort to classic clams like, | 我就要发那陈词滥调了 |
[17:07] | “Hey, have a good summer. Let’s keep in touch. Best friends forever,” | “嘿 夏天过得愉快 保持联系 永远是好朋友” |
[17:10] | and I do not wanna be that person. | 我不想成为那样的人 |
[17:12] | Plus, Paris will immediately shanghai me and give me a million things to do. | 另外 Paris将马上就来胁迫我 给我一大堆事情做 |
[17:15] | You know what, you need to stop being intimidated by that girl. | 要知道 你别被那个女孩威胁了 |
[17:18] | You’re going to college for God’s sake. | 上帝啊 你就要上大学了 |
[17:19] | You need to be able to stand up for yourself and say, you know, “Paris, go…” | 你得拿出样子来 说”Paris 去…” |
[17:24] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[17:25] | I was just… the phone rang… your hair is really shiny. | 我只是在…电话响了… 你的头发真有光泽啊 |
[17:28] | We’re not even set up yet. The box isn’t out, the tickets aren’t in order. | 我们甚至都没准备好 盒子没有打开 票没有就绪 |
[17:31] | – Where’s the list? – It’s… in my purse. | – 单子在哪里? – 在…我包里 |
[17:34] | Well, terrific. I can’t think of a better place for the list to be except, | 太好了 我无法想象除此之外单子 还能放哪里好 |
[17:37] | oh, maybe out here on the table where we could actually look at it. | 噢 也许拿出来放在桌子上 我们就可以看着它 |
[17:40] | Your hair is really shiny. | 你的头发真是很有光泽哦 |
[17:42] | I’m going to go make the rounds. I’ll be back in a minute. | 我要去巡视几圈 马上回来 |
[17:44] | – Have you seen Rory? – No. | – 你看到Rory了吗? – 没有 |
[17:45] | I’ll go look outside. | 我去外面找找 |
[17:47] | Run, run, run! | 快跑 快跑 快跑! |
[17:48] | Okay, I’m gonna be at Grandma’s for about an hour. Can you pick me up? | 好吧 我要去外婆那待一个小时 你能去接我吗? |
[17:50] | If Paris hasn’t had me flogged, then yes, I’ll be there. | 如果Paris没有鞭打我的话 是的 我去 |
[17:53] | Thank you. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[17:55] | Please, God, tell me I didn’t forget the list. | 上帝 求求你 告诉我 我没忘记单子 |
[17:57] | So the kid in the bookcase back there… | 那么在书柜里的那个孩子… |
[17:59] | – Lily. – Is she yours? | – Lily – 她是你们的吗? |
[18:01] | Mine, yes. Not Jimmy’s. | 是我的 但不是Jimmy的 |
[18:03] | I was married for the longest minute and a half in the world and… | 我有过一次很短暂的婚姻… |
[18:06] | – Hey sweetie, how’s everything? – Everything’s fine. | – 嘿 甜心 一切都还好吧? – 一切都还好 |
[18:08] | I love that. Give Riley a kiss. | 真高兴 替我给Riley一个吻 |
[18:10] | Then I came to my senses and ran for the hills but I got Lily so I win, ha ha. | 然后我觉醒过来了 生活还算安逸 但我得到了Lily 所以我赢了 哈哈 |
[18:13] | Short cut. | 近路 |
[18:15] | Anyhow, I met Jimmy about five and a half years ago, | 总之 在5年半之前我遇到Jimmy |
[18:18] | but Lily’s just crazy about him, so… | 但Lily很为他着迷 所以… |
[18:20] | Ronnie, I found your keys again. | Ronnie 我又找到了你的钥匙 |
[18:22] | Oh, good. Thank you, baby doll. | 噢 太好了 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[18:24] | You have got to sew that hole in your pocket up, I mean it. | 你得把你口袋里的洞补补了 真的 |
[18:27] | Today, drop your coat by my house. | 今天 把你的外套拿到我家 |
[18:28] | I’ll do it for you if you don’t have the time. | 如果没时间的话 我代你缝 |
[18:30] | – Got any brothers or sisters? – Apparently not. | – 有兄弟姐妹吗? – 显然没有 |
[18:33] | Lily submitted a written request for a brother by the end of this year, | Lily交过一份”书面请求” 今年年底前想要个弟弟 |
[18:37] | but I think I should be married before we have any kids. | 但我认为我应该在有孩子之前结婚 |
[18:40] | You guys aren’t married. | 你们还没结婚? |
[18:41] | – You didn’t know that. – No. | – 你不知道 – 不知道 |
[18:45] | – You guys had quite a talk, didn’t you? – Yeah, well. | – 你俩还真有一番详谈哈? – 嗯 那个嘛 |
[18:49] | Okay, we’re here. | 好吧 我们到了 |
[18:55] | – Well. – It looks like a jar of pickles. | – 怎样 – 像一罐腌菜 |
[18:56] | I know it’s a jar of pickles, but is it that jar of pickles? | 我知道是一罐腌菜 但是那种腌菜吗? |
[18:59] | – Yes. – You’re sure. | – 是的 – 你肯定 |
[19:01] | No. | 不 |
[19:01] | Look, the Chicago dills were the original pickles they sold here back in 1922. | 听着 1922年那时 他们就卖芝加哥莳萝了 |
[19:05] | 1922. Yes, I listen. | 1922 是 我听着呢 |
[19:07] | Now I finally tracked down the family that sold them, | 现在 我终于找到了出售的那家人 |
[19:09] | I paid a substantial premium to use the original labels, | 我花了一大笔钱使用最初的商标 |
[19:12] | I waited weeks for them to arrive, | 我花了几个星期等它们到货 |
[19:13] | and now they’re here and I look at them and they don’t look the same. | 现在它们来了 我看着它们 而它们不是一个样子 |
[19:16] | Too many bumps. | 太多结块了 |
[19:17] | Jimmy, I’m begging you, play golf. | Jimmy 我求求你 悠着点吧 |
[19:18] | Just call the guy and tell them they look different, please. | 打电话给那个人 告诉他们它们有点不一样 |
[19:21] | Whatever you say. | 随你怎么说 |
[19:24] | Jimmy | Jimmy. |
[19:25] | Hey Sash. | 嘿 Sash |
[19:26] | – You have a visitor. – Yeah? | – 有人找你哦 – 是吗? |
[19:33] | – You… just get here? – Just got here. | – 你…刚来这里? – 刚来这里 |
[19:39] | So, Jess, I assume you’ll be staying for dinner? | 那么 Jess 我想你要待这吃晚饭咯? |
[19:42] | – Oh, well… – Yeah, sure, stay. | – 喔 那… – 是的 当然 |
[19:45] | You’ll stay. He’ll stay. We’ll get Abbott’s, right? | 你会待着 他会待着 我们要点Abbott’s 对吗? |
[19:48] | Whatever you want. | 随你要什么 |
[19:50] | Well, I have to get back, so… | 我得回去了 那么… |
[19:53] | I will see you guys later. | 待会儿再见你们咯 |
[20:01] | Sorry I didn’t call. | 对不起 我没打电话 |
[20:02] | Hey, life’s about the spontaneous, right? | 嘿 生活本就该自发随意一点 对吗? |
[20:05] | – This your place? – The Inferno… yes. | – 这是你的店? – 这个鬼地方…是的 |
[20:07] | – It’s nice. – Thanks. | – 很不错哦 – 谢谢 |
[20:12] | Hey, why don’t I come out there? | 嘿 要不我出来吧? |
[20:14] | Oh, I didn’t mean to interrupt your work. | 噢 我不想打扰你的工作 |
[20:15] | No problem. Hey Lee, I’m gonna take a break for awhile. | 没问题 嘿 Lee 我要休息一小会儿 |
[20:17] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[20:25] | – You didn’t have to do that. – It’s fine. | – 你没必要那么做 – 没什么 |
[20:30] | – So, first time on the West Coast? – First time on the West Coast. | – 那么 第一次来到西海岸? – 第一次来到西海岸 |
[20:35] | The sites. | 这些景点 |
[20:37] | Ocean. | 大海 |
[20:39] | – I wondered what that was. – Sand. | – 我还想那是啥咧 – 沙子 |
[20:40] | – Keeps the ocean in its place. – Sky. | – 巩固大海来着 – 天空 |
[20:43] | We’ve got one of those back east. | 东部那里的天空也是一样的 |
[20:45] | And then you have the boardwalk. | 但你有散步道啊 |
[20:47] | Sunglasses, smoothies, bootlegged CD’s. | 太阳镜 花花公子 私刻CD |
[20:50] | – Good ones? – Not bad, I guess. | – 好CD吗? – 我猜不坏 |
[20:52] | I never actually bought one. My neighbor Stan did. | 我从来没买过一张 我邻居Stan买过 |
[20:54] | He’s not my neighbor anymore. He used to work at Lockheed, | 他不再是我的邻居了 他曾经在Lockheed工作 |
[20:57] | but they shut down the Burbank plant, so he went to a trade school out in the valley. | 但他们关掉了伯班克的工厂 所以他去了山谷一所贸易学校 |
[21:01] | He installs cable now. | 他现在在装有线电视 |
[21:02] | Sends me a postcard at Christmas time. | 圣诞节的时候给我寄卡片 |
[21:05] | He’s Dutch. | 他是荷兰人 |
[21:09] | Currently, we’re in Santa Monica. | 现在呢 我们在圣莫尼卡 |
[21:11] | You keep walking, you hit Venice – that’s technically where we live. | 你继续走着 就到了威尼斯海滩 就是我们实际住的地方了 |
[21:15] | Past that, you got Marina Del Rey – | 经过那里 你就到了Marina Del Rey |
[21:17] | lotta bike shots in that area. | 那里单车很多 |
[21:19] | And then you’re getting near the beaches – Manhattan, Redondo, | 然后你到了海滩边 曼哈顿和雷东多海滩 |
[21:22] | – and basically that’s it. – That’s it. That’s all of LA. | – 基本上就差不多了 – 就是那些 那就是整个洛杉矶 |
[21:26] | There are these crazy rumors that if you get in your car | 有一些荒唐的谣言说 如果你上车 |
[21:28] | and you actually drive east away from the beach, | 向东开 远离海岸 |
[21:31] | there’s some city and other stuff, but personally I don’t believe it. | 有一些城市什么的 但我自己不相信 |
[21:34] | I take it you like the beach. | 我懂了 你喜欢海滩 |
[21:35] | I would marry the beach if man and property were allowed to mate. | 如果人财允许的话 我恨不得娶了这海滩 |
[21:38] | Sounds serious. | 看来你真的很爱海滩啊 |
[21:39] | I’ve lived a lot of places all over this country, | 我在这个国家的很多地方生活过 |
[21:41] | and nothing, absolutely nothing, compares to this. | 没什么 真的 没什么可以和这里媲美 |
[21:45] | So where else have you lived? | 那你还在哪里住过? |
[21:47] | What, where else? Let’s see. | 什么 还有哪里? 我们想想 |
[21:50] | Minneapolis, Chicago, Biloxi, Maine – | 明尼阿波利斯 芝加哥 比洛西 缅因州 |
[21:52] | – worked on a lobster boat. – Yeah? | – 在捕虾船上工作 – 是吗? |
[21:53] | Yeah. Let me tell you, I smelled great. | 是的 让我告诉你 我闻上去很棒 |
[21:56] | – Did a stint in New Jersey, New Hampshire… – New York? | – 在新泽西州 新罕布什尔州紧衣缩食… – 纽约呢? |
[22:00] | Oh, yeah, well, obviously, New York. | 哦 是的 很明显 还有纽约 |
[22:03] | New York was… | 纽约是… |
[22:06] | well… | 那个… |
[22:08] | You know what New York was, so… | 你知道纽约是什么样的 所以… |
[22:12] | – Jimmy? – Yeah? | – Jimmy? – 怎么? |
[22:13] | I didn’t come here to bust your balls, man. | 老兄 我不是来这让你难堪的 |
[22:16] | Okay, good to know. | 那就好 |
[22:18] | Jimmy, I got the pickle guy. He’s as worried about you as I am. | Jimmy 我找到那个卖腌菜的了 他和我一样都很担心你 |
[22:22] | I should take this. | 我得去接这个电话 |
[22:23] | – Go ahead. I can just hang out. – You sure? | – 去吧 我可以去转转 – 你确定? |
[22:25] | – I got my book, I’m good. – Okay, you’re good. | – 我有书 我很好 – 好的 很好就好 |
[22:41] | Hi, I’m here to see my grandmother. | 嗨 我来这里看我的外婆 |
[22:43] | She’s in the living room with Miss Celine. | 她和Celine小姐在起居室 |
[22:45] | – With who? – Right this way. | – 和谁? – 这边走 |
[22:48] | – It’s stunning. – Really? | – 惊艳极了 – 真的吗? |
[22:50] | Chills, I’ve got chills. | 兴奋啊 我兴奋得打颤 |
[22:52] | Turn for me, dear. | 亲爱的 转个身 |
[22:54] | Oh, it moves, it just moves. | 噢 它动了 还在飘动 |
[22:57] | Ginger Rogers always insisted her dresses move just like that. | Ginger Rogers总是强调她的裙子 要能像那样飘动 |
[23:01] | Ginger Rogers, well. | Ginger Rogers啊 很好 |
[23:03] | Of course, she didn’t have your legs. | 当然 她没有您那样的腿 |
[23:05] | – Oh, Celine. – Hey, Grandma. | – 噢 Celine – 嘿 外婆 |
[23:07] | Rory, perfect. What do you think? | Rory 太好了 你觉得怎么样? |
[23:10] | You look beautiful. | 你好漂亮 |
[23:11] | If I do, it’s all because of this lady here. | 是吗? 全靠这位女士 |
[23:13] | Rory, I’d like you to meet Miss Celine. | Rory 过来见一下Celine小姐 |
[23:15] | She’s been our fashion consultant for years. | 她多年来一直是我们的时尚顾问 |
[23:17] | – Oh, well, how do you… – Oh my God, it’s Audrey Hepburn. | – 噢 您好… – 我的天哪 这不是奥黛丽-赫本吗? |
[23:21] | What? | 什么? |
[23:22] | You’re Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina. | 你就像<龙凤配>里面的奥黛丽赫本一样 |
[23:24] | – Just a waif with eyes. – Thank you. | – 同样无辜的眼神 – 谢谢 |
[23:27] | Celine, I don’t think the handkerchief works with this. | Celine 我觉得手帕跟衣服不太配 |
[23:30] | Oh, Rory, I didn’t know you were here. | 噢 Rory 不知道你来啊 |
[23:31] | Richard, look at this girl, what do you see? | Richard 看看这个女孩 你看到了什么? |
[23:34] | – Well… – It’s Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina. | – 嗯… – 根本就是<龙凤配>里的奥黛丽-赫本嘛! |
[23:37] | Now that you mention it, there is a touch of Audrey in her. | 既然你提到了 是有那么一点像 |
[23:39] | But even prettier. | 更漂亮 |
[23:41] | Yes, without that ridiculous affected accent. | 是啊 而且还没有那个可笑的口音 |
[23:43] | For years I kept telling her, “Audrey, get a speech therapist.” | 多少年了 我一直跟她说 “奥黛丽 找个言语专家矫正一下” |
[23:48] | She was very stubborn. | 她很固执的 |
[23:49] | But could she wear capris. | 但她可以穿紧身裤 |
[23:52] | You know, Rory is starting Yale in the fall. | Rory 秋天就去耶鲁读书了 |
[23:54] | Yale, that is exciting. | 耶鲁 真兴奋啊 |
[23:57] | You’ll need a whole new wardrobe, huh? | 你该重新置办一批衣服了吧? |
[23:59] | Oh, Celine, I love this one. | Celine 我喜欢这件 |
[24:01] | Yes, I had that exact suit made in mint for Mrs. Walter Cronkite just last week. | Walter Cronkite太太上周也弄了件绿色的 |
[24:09] | A darling woman. | 可爱的女人 |
[24:10] | We’ve been friends since the Big Bang. | 多少年了 我们一直都是好朋友 |
[24:13] | That’s nice. | 真不错 |
[24:14] | What do you think of this, Richard? | Richard 你觉得这件怎么样? |
[24:15] | I like the green one with the beads. It made you look like a mermaid. | 我喜欢那件绿色带珠子的 你穿了就象条美人鱼 |
[24:19] | But you guys know that this is just a casual graduation. | 你们知道这只是个非正式的毕业典礼吧 |
[24:22] | Folding chairs on the grass. | 草地上的折叠椅之类 |
[24:23] | – There’s going to be grass? – Yeah, it’s going to be outside. | – 会有草地? – 是啊 室外的 |
[24:26] | Oh, you cannot wear green around grass. | 那你绝不能在草地上穿绿色 |
[24:28] | I learned that from Tova Borgnine the hard way. | Tova Borgnine就是个活生生的反例 |
[24:32] | Go try the red one on. Red goes wonderful with nature. | 去把这件红的试穿一下 红色和自然风景很般配 |
[24:36] | – All right. – I’m gonna try the grey linen. | – 好的 – 我去试试灰色亚麻的 |
[24:38] | – Ah, yes, with this white silk shirt. – Oh, very nice. | – 配上这件白色真丝衬衫 – 很好 |
[24:43] | Yes, I had that exact shirt on Jimmy Stewart the night before his colonoscopy. | Jimmy Stewart去做肠镜检查的前一晚 穿的就是这件衣服 |
[24:48] | He came through it clean as a whistle. | 最后检查结果没事 |
[24:54] | Never underestimate the power of a good shirt. | 永远不要低估好衣服的力量 |
[24:59] | I never will again. | 我再不会了 |
[25:03] | – Kathy Kim. – Check. | – Kathy Kim – 搞定 |
[25:06] | Next. | 下一位 |
[25:08] | Greg Agulara | Greg Agulara. |
[25:10] | Check. | 搞定 |
[25:12] | Next. | 下一位 |
[25:14] | Brad Langford | Brad Langford. |
[25:16] | Check. | 搞定 |
[25:20] | Why did you do that? | 你们干嘛这么做? |
[25:22] | It has a really bad picture of us on it. | 那上面有我们一张巨丑的照片 |
[25:24] | Yeah, but that page had the only picture of me in the entire book. | 但整本书上 我只有这一页有照片 |
[25:30] | There. | 喏 拿去吧 |
[25:31] | Next. | 下一位 |
[25:32] | No one is going to buy our tickets. | 没人会来我们这里买票的 |
[25:34] | Give it time, Paris. | Paris 耐心点 |
[25:36] | We’ve been sitting here for an hour and have sold eight tickets. | 咱们在这里坐了1个小时 只卖掉8张 |
[25:38] | Grad Night is a big deal, Paris. | 毕业晚会是大事 Paris |
[25:40] | They will buy the tickets. | 他们会来买票的 |
[25:43] | Unbutton your top. | 把上衣扣子解掉几粒 |
[25:45] | What? | 什么? |
[25:45] | Teenage boys are controlled by one thing. Unbutton your top. | 年轻男孩就只注意一件事情 解扣子啦 |
[25:49] | Well, me doing it isn’t going to help any. | 而且就算我这么做了 也没啥用的 |
[25:51] | Paris, you need to relax. | Paris 放轻松些 |
[25:52] | You need to stop worrying. You need to stop obsessing. | 别再瞎担心焦虑了 |
[25:54] | You need to stop looking at my boobs. | 另外 别再盯着我的胸狂看啦 |
[25:56] | Fine. Oh, man, even the stupid class poster table has a line. | 好吧 受不了 那些傻不拉几的班级海报 竟然也有人排队在买 |
[26:00] | Okay, time to play “Let’s distract Paris.” Look at me. | 好吧 咱们来玩”让Paris分心”游戏 |
[26:03] | – Let’s talk. – About what? | – 咱俩聊聊 – 聊什么? |
[26:05] | Anything. Tell me what college you finally landed on. | 随便聊聊 你决定去哪所大学了? |
[26:07] | – I didn’t. – What’s it between? | – 还没定 – 有哪些选择? |
[26:09] | – Princeton, Columbia, and Yale. – Good choices. | – 普林斯顿 哥伦比亚 还有耶鲁 – 很棒啊 |
[26:13] | I’m really not that interested in Columbia, | 我对哥伦比亚不感兴趣 |
[26:15] | but the thought of me going there horrifies my mother | 不过要是我去那边读书 我妈会气坏的 |
[26:17] | so I have to keep it in the mix, you know? | 所以我要放在选项里面 |
[26:19] | Do I ever. | 是嘛 |
[26:20] | Princeton’s a good school, but Jamie goes there. | 普林斯顿是所好大学 但是Jamie在那边 |
[26:22] | – That’s your boyfriend? – Yes. | – 你的男朋友? – 是的 |
[26:23] | He goes there, and if I go there, it’s going to look like I went there just to be with him. | 他在那读书 要是我也去的话 好像是为了跟他去一样 |
[26:27] | Suddenly I’m Felicity without the hair issues and I’m not terribly comfortable with that. | 突然之间我就像Felicity一样了 只是我头发好看些 但我不喜欢这样 |
[26:31] | But look at it like this – | 你看看我说得对不对 |
[26:33] | not going to a school you wanna go to just because your boyfriend is there | 因为你男友在 所以你不去自己想读的大学 |
[26:37] | is just as bad as going to a school you don’t wanna go to | 因为你男友不在 所以你就进了自己不想进的大学 |
[26:39] | – just because your boyfriend isn’t there. – I guess. | – 两个选择都不怎么样啊 – 是这样吧 |
[26:41] | If you wanna go to Princeton, go to Princeton. | 你想去普林斯顿 就去普林斯顿 |
[26:43] | If you wanna go to Yale, go to Yale. | 你想去耶鲁 就去耶鲁 |
[26:45] | Leave Jamie out of it. Leave your mother out of it. | 别把Jamie和你妈扯进来 |
[26:47] | Just decide whatever it is you wanna do and do it. | 只要决定好你自己想做的 放手去做 |
[26:52] | I can try that, I guess. | 我可以试试 |
[26:54] | – Thanks. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢 – 不用谢 |
[26:58] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛? |
[27:00] | – I’m giving you a hug. – Why? | – 我要给你一个大大的拥抱 – 为什么? |
[27:03] | Just give into it, baby. Come on, you can do it. That a girl. | 放松 放松 你可以的 乖孩子 |
[27:07] | Unclench the fists, Paris. Unclench the fists. Yeah, there you go. | Paris 把拳头松开 松开 这样就对了 |
[27:12] | Sash, I’m home! | Sash 我回家了! |
[27:16] | What’s up, Lily-Lou? | 你好吗 Lily Lou? |
[27:18] | Want some pineapple on your pizza? | 匹萨上要加菠萝吗? |
[27:19] | – Yes. – Yes. | – 要的 – 要的 |
[27:20] | – Does she do that a lot? – All the time. | – 她经常酱紫吗? – 向来如此 |
[27:22] | – You ever find it a little weird? – All the time. | – 你有没有觉得有点奇怪呢? – 向来如此 |
[27:25] | Listen, why don’t you give me a minute here. | 嗯 给我一分钟时间吧 |
[27:28] | Make it two, two minutes. | 还是2分钟好了 |
[27:31] | Three, and do a special knock before you come in, maybe a – | 3分钟 进来之前给个特别的敲门暗号 就像… |
[27:34] | I’ll tell you what, I passed a bookstore back on the boardwalk, | 我刚才在步行街看到有家书店 |
[27:36] | why don’t I just go check it out for awhile? | 我去那边看一会儿书 |
[27:38] | Okay. But I thought the knock idea was kind of cool. | 好的 记得敲门 |
[27:56] | So, last week when you said you were going to Sacramento | 上周你说去萨克拉门托 |
[27:59] | to check out a potential supplier, you actually went… | 看一个潜在供应商 实际上你去了… |
[28:02] | To Connecticut to see Jess. | 康涅狄格 去看Jess |
[28:04] | That was quite an elaborate story you made up. | 你编的故事真精彩 |
[28:06] | – I do have a gift. – Of course I didn’t believe you. | – 我有天赋 – 我当然没有信你 |
[28:08] | – Okay, it’s not a big gift, but… – Why didn’t you tell me? | – 我的天赋不怎么强 不过… – 你干嘛不跟我说? |
[28:12] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[28:15] | You’re nodding your head. Why are you nodding your head? | 你在点头 干嘛点头? |
[28:18] | You’re shrugging your shoulders. | 你在耸肩 |
[28:19] | You’re nodding your head and shrugging your shoulders. | 你在点头 你在耸肩 |
[28:21] | Why are you nodding your head and shrugging your shoulders? | 你干嘛点头耸肩的? |
[28:24] | Will you stop nodding your head and shrugging your shoulders? | 你能不能别点头耸肩了? |
[28:26] | – Sasha, come on. – I’m gonna pick up the pizza. | – Sasha 别这样 – 我去取匹萨了 |
[28:28] | Just have it delivered. | 等外卖吧 |
[28:29] | The delivery guys are too stoned after six to find the house, it’ll take forever. | 6点之后外卖男孩肯定大麻吸得晕乎乎 方向都找不到了 我们等不到的 |
[28:32] | I didn’t know how it was gonna go, okay? | 我不知道这会怎么样 |
[28:34] | I didn’t know if he was even gonna be there | 我都不知道他是不是会在那边 |
[28:35] | or if he was gonna wanna talk to me or slug me or – | 还是他想跟我聊聊或者揍我一顿… |
[28:37] | – I get it. – Sash. | – 我懂了 – Sash |
[28:38] | – I’ll see you later, roomie. – Do not do that. | – 回见 室友 – 别这样 |
[28:40] | We are not roomies. We are partners, we’re soul mates. | 我们不是室友 我们是伴侣 灵魂伴侣 |
[28:44] | You just traveled cross-country to see your son for the first time | 你一声不响地跨越了大半个美国 |
[28:47] | since he was born and you didn’t tell me. We are roomies. | 就为了看一眼从没见过的儿子 我们就是室友 |
[28:50] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:52] | Get the extra mattress out of the closet. | 把柜子里面的备用床垫拿出来 |
[28:54] | – What for? – For Jess. | – 干嘛? – 给Jess啊 |
[28:55] | – For Jess to do what? – For Jess to sleep on. | – 给Jess干嘛? – 给Jess睡啊 |
[28:58] | – Jess is sleeping here? – Isn’t he? | – Jess睡这儿? – 他不是吗? |
[28:59] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:00] | Jimmy, you didn’t ask him if he’s staying the night? | Jimmy 你没问过他是不是在这里过夜? |
[29:02] | Did you ask him how long he’s here for? | 你有没有问他要在这里待多久? |
[29:05] | – Did you ask him anything? – Should I have? | – 你有没有问过他什么? – 我该问吗? |
[29:07] | Jimmy, he could be in trouble. | Jimmy 说不定他有麻烦 |
[29:08] | What, he’s in trouble? What kind of trouble? | 什么 他有麻烦? 什么麻烦? |
[29:10] | How would I know what kind of trouble? | 我怎么知道什么麻烦? |
[29:11] | You’re the one that just said he was in trouble. | 是你说他有麻烦的 |
[29:12] | I said he could be in trouble. | 我说他可能有麻烦 |
[29:14] | He could be running from the cops, or attempting to hop across America on one foot, | 他也许从警局逃了出来 或者尝试单脚跳着穿越美国 |
[29:18] | or he really did come all the way from Connecticut | 或者他千里迢迢从康涅狄格跑来 |
[29:20] | just to have pizza with his father who he’s not seen or heard from in seventeen years. | 就为了跟自己17年音讯全无的老爸 吃一顿匹萨 |
[29:26] | What are the odds it’s the last one? | 最后一条的可能性有多大? |
[29:29] | Do what you want. Talk to him, don’t talk to him, I am not your mother. | 爱干嘛干嘛 跟他聊 不跟他聊 我又不是你妈 |
[29:32] | I don’t care. I’ll be back. Lily, come on. | 我才不在乎呢 我会回来的 Lily 咱们走 |
[29:44] | Now, Sabrina, college is a very important time in a young girl’s life. | Sabrina 大学是年轻女孩的重要时期啊 |
[29:49] | – You need to be properly attired. – I’m sure, but… | – 你要慎重着装 – 我知道 但是… |
[29:52] | Trust me, a young girl is completely and solely judged by her appearance. | 相信我 评判女孩子主要且仅靠外表看 |
[29:58] | All right, let’s begin. I always start every wardrobe from the top. | 好了 咱们开始 我总是从头开始选起 |
[30:03] | The hat. | 帽子 |
[30:05] | Remember Sabrina, it’s the first thing that God sees | Sabrina 记住 每天早上你走出去的时候 |
[30:08] | when you walk outside in the morning. | 上帝首先看到的 就是你的帽子 |
[30:10] | Well, I’m exhausted. I feel as if I’ve tried on every dress in town. | 我累死了 感觉像是把镇上所有的衣服都试了一遍 |
[30:14] | So is it the blue? | 选了蓝色吗? |
[30:15] | Yes, I think it’s the blue. | 是的 蓝色 |
[30:16] | I think it’s quite suitable for my granddaughter’s graduation. | 我觉得它很适合我外孙女的毕业典礼 |
[30:19] | – Hey. Hi hon, hi Mom. – Hey. | – 嘿 亲爱的 嘿 妈 – 嘿 |
[30:21] | – What are you doing here? – I just came to pick Rory up. | – 你来这里干嘛? – 我来接Rory |
[30:24] | – Miss Celine. – Oh my God, it’s Natalie Wood! | – Celine小姐 – 我的天 原来是Natalie Wood! |
[30:28] | Look Sabrina, it’s Natalie Wood. | Sabrina 这是Natalie Wood |
[30:30] | Oh, Miss Celine, I can’t believe it, you’re still… working. | Celine小姐 不敢相信 你还在…工作 |
[30:34] | Oh, I tried to retire once. | 我试过退休一次的 |
[30:37] | Olivia deHavilland wouldn’t hear of it. | 结果Olivia de Havilland 不肯 |
[30:39] | How are you? How’s Mrs. Walter Cronkite. | 你好吗? Walter Cronkite太太好吗? |
[30:42] | Lovely. Thank you for asking, Natalie. | 谢谢你问起 Natalie |
[30:45] | I left the suits upstairs. I’ll just go up and get them. | 我把衣服留在楼上了 这就上去拿给你 |
[30:47] | No, I’ll get them. | 没事 我去拿 |
[30:50] | It’s who I am, the keeper of the clothes. | 我干的就是这个 保管衣服的人 |
[30:53] | – Delight to see you again. – Same here, Celine. | – 非常高兴再次见到你 – 我也是 Celine |
[30:57] | Oh my God, she was like a thousand when I was ten, I can’t believe it. | 老天 我十岁时她就跟一千岁差不多了 真不敢相信她还在这里 |
[31:03] | You should’ve seen all the clothes that Grandma tried on today. | 你该看看今天外婆试穿的那些衣服 |
[31:06] | She picked out a beautiful blue dress for graduation. | 她帮外婆挑了件漂亮的蓝裙子 用来在毕业典礼上穿 |
[31:08] | I’d like to see that, Mom. | 妈 让我看看 |
[31:11] | It needs to be altered. | 还要小改一下 |
[31:13] | Oh, sure. I’ll see it at graduation, I guess. | 噢 那就在毕业典礼上欣赏了 |
[31:18] | So I’m sorry I didn’t give you advanced notice that I was coming over. | 不好意思 没有打招呼就跑来了 |
[31:21] | I don’t need advanced notice, Lorelai. | 我不需要你提前打招呼 Lorelai |
[31:23] | Okay, you just seem tense. | 可你看起来有点不高兴 |
[31:24] | No, I’m just tired. | 我只是有点累 |
[31:26] | And busy. I have a very busy evening ahead of me. | 还很忙 今晚我的活动可忙啦 |
[31:29] | Oh, I’m sure you do. | 噢 当然 |
[31:30] | – Dinner’s ready, Mrs. Gilmore. – No, it’s not. | – Gilmore太太 晚饭准备好了 – 还没好 |
[31:33] | – I just checked it and it’s… – I was in there ten minutes ago | – 我刚看了 已经… – 我10分钟之前去看过 |
[31:35] | – and it still had another forty minutes to go. – But it’s really brown and… | – 还要40分钟才行 – 都快焦掉了… |
[31:38] | Lupe, please do not argue with me. It’s not ready. | Lupe 请不要跟我争 饭没好 |
[31:41] | Now go in there and make the salad. | 现在回去再把沙拉准备一下 |
[31:45] | – What? – The salad’s ready. | – 什么? – 沙拉弄好了 |
[31:47] | Lupe! | Lupe! |
[31:50] | Mom, it’s seven o’clock. | 妈 现在7点了 |
[31:52] | – So? – That’s your dinnertime. | – 所以呢? – 你的晚饭时间到了 |
[31:53] | – I don’t have a dinnertime, Lorelai. – You don’t have a dinnertime? | – 我从来没有设过晚饭时间 Lorelai – 你没有设过晚饭时间? |
[31:57] | No, I don’t. | 没有 |
[31:58] | So all the years I grew up in this house, | 那我在这个房子里面待的那些年来 |
[32:00] | we did not sit down to dinner at exactly seven o’clock every single night? | 咱们不是每天晚上7点整坐下吃饭的? |
[32:04] | – No. – I just imagined that? | – 不是 – 都是我想象的咯? |
[32:06] | Lorelai, I don’t know what your obsession with dinnertime is. | Lorelai 我不明白为什么 你这么纠缠于晚饭时间 |
[32:09] | My obsession with dinnertime is that it was always at seven o’clock, | 我不理解的是 过去每晚都是7点开饭 |
[32:11] | now all of a sudden, it’s not. Is it because I’m here? | 现在突然之间不是了 是不是因为我在这里? |
[32:14] | – That’s ridiculous. – It is. | – 太荒谬了 – 就是这个原因 |
[32:15] | I’m here, and if you served dinner, | 我人在这里 如果你这个时候开饭 |
[32:18] | Miss Manners would insist that you invite me to stay and you don’t want to, | 你出于礼貌 不得不请我留下吃饭 而你又不情愿 |
[32:21] | so you’re going to pretend that dinner is suddenly whenever you feel like it. | 所以你假装晚饭要在 你觉得适合的时候才开始 |
[32:25] | Lorelai, do not get dramatic. | Lorelai 别这么神经兮兮的 |
[32:26] | Dinner is not ready, and even if it was, I would still not be able to invite you to stay | 晚饭还没好 就算好了 我也不能请你留下来吃 |
[32:31] | because your father and I have plans tonight. | 因为我跟你爸今晚有安排 |
[32:33] | We are eating quickly and then leaving. | 我们会吃得很快 然后出门 |
[32:35] | To go where? | 去哪里? |
[32:37] | – The Thompsons. – For what? | – Thompson家 – 干嘛? |
[32:38] | – Book club. – What book? | – 书友会 – 什么书? |
[32:40] | – Lovely Bones. – Did you like it? | – 可爱的骨头 – 你喜欢看吗? |
[32:42] | It’s not my taste but I respect the attempt. | 不是我喜欢的类型 但我尊重作者想法 |
[32:46] | Now I know where I get it from. | 现在我明白我这个毛病哪里来的了 |
[32:47] | We’ll have dinner another time, all right? | 我们另外安排时间吃晚饭吧 |
[32:49] | So, are you kicking us out? | 你踢我们走咯? |
[32:52] | I told you, we have plans. | 跟你说了 我们今晚有活动 |
[32:54] | Or do you just wanna get that dinner of yours that’s been ready | 还是说你想去吃10分钟之前 |
[32:56] | for ten minutes now on the table? | 就准备好的晚饭? |
[32:57] | Lorelai, please. | Lorelai 拜托 |
[32:58] | Tell me this – if I couldn’t stay but Rory could, would you want her to? | 告诉我 如果我走了 Rory留下 你会跟她一起吃饭吗? |
[33:01] | Of course I would, but as I told you, your father and I have plans. | 当然会了 但是跟你说了 你爸爸和我今晚有活动 |
[33:04] | So she can’t stay even if I’m gone? | 所以哪怕我走了 她也不能留下吃饭? |
[33:07] | No, she can’t. | 她不能 |
[33:08] | Emily, for heaven’s sake, it’s 7:10. Why aren’t we eating? | Emily 都7点10分了 怎么还不开饭? |
[33:12] | Oh, hi, Dad. Listen, Rory was gonna stay for dinner if you guys don’t have plans. | 嘿 爸爸 如果你们今晚没有安排的话 Rory想留下吃饭 |
[33:16] | Of course we don’t have any plans. | 我们当然没啥安排咯 |
[33:17] | Oh, I’m thrilled, Rory is staying. | 好开心啊 Rory能留下吃饭 |
[33:20] | You just livened up a very boring night in the Gilmore house. | 你给Gilmore家无趣的夜晚带来活力 |
[33:23] | Enjoy your dinner. | 你们好好享受晚餐 |
[33:25] | And Mom, get yourself an agent | 另外 妈 找个经纪人吧 |
[33:26] | ’cause you’re wasting that talent of yours in dinner theater. | 你那晚餐的表演真有天赋 不去演戏太可惜了 |
[33:30] | Mom, wait. | 妈 等等我 |
[33:37] | Mom, wait. Where are you going? | 妈 等一下 你要去哪里? |
[33:41] | I’m gonna drive in a circle backwards really fast | 我想倒车飞快转圈 |
[33:43] | to reverse the Earth’s orbit to go back in time to before | 这样就能逆行环地轨道 时间就能倒转回从前 |
[33:46] | I made the insane decision to come here in the first place. | 让我回到当初做出疯狂决定 来这里的前一刻 |
[33:48] | – You came here to pick me up. – What was I thinking doing that? | – 你是来接我的 – 我当时怎么想来着? |
[33:51] | You were thinking, ‘Hey, wouldn’t it be great for my daughter | 你在想 “嘿 能不能让我的女儿 |
[33:52] | not to have to walk all the way back to Stars Hollow.’ | 不用徒步走回Stars Hollow” |
[33:54] | A thirty-mile hike never hurt anyone. God, I can’t believe her. | 30英里的路算不了什么的 老天爷 真不敢相信她是这个样子 |
[33:57] | – And I can’t believe you. – Why? | – 我也不敢相信你这个样子 – 为什么? |
[33:59] | – You were gonna leave me here? – So you could have dinner with them. | – 你准备把我晾在那边? – 你可以跟他们吃晚饭啊 |
[34:01] | I never said I wanted to have dinner with them. | 我没说过想跟他们吃饭 |
[34:03] | You said I wanted to have dinner with them, and then you stormed out. | 你说我想跟他们吃晚饭 然后你就气冲冲地出来了 |
[34:05] | Okay, I’m sorry. I just, I finally realized that I can’t do this anymore. | 啊 对不起 我觉得我再也无法忍受这个了 |
[34:10] | I can’t come back here anymore, I’m done. | 再不想回到这个地方 我受够了 |
[34:12] | I’m sorry. I never should’ve asked you to pick me up. | 对不起 真不该让你来接我的 |
[34:14] | It’s okay. It’s good, actually. | 没事 这倒是好事 |
[34:16] | Now I can stop feeling guilty for not talking to them. | 现在我可以不必为不跟他们说话而内疚 |
[34:19] | I can go back to the way things were before. | 可以回到以前的样子 |
[34:21] | We share a nose and that’s it. | 咱们就是鼻子长得像而已 |
[34:22] | – So we’re going? – Yes, we’re going. | – 那咱们走? – 咱们走 |
[34:24] | Okay, I have to go get my books. Please be here when I come back. | 我要去拿我的书 回来的时候你保证在这里等我噢 |
[34:38] | – Are you staying? – No, I have to go, Grandma. | – 你留下吃饭吗? – 不了 外婆 我得走了 |
[34:40] | All right, I guess we’ll just see you at graduation then. | 好吧 那毕业典礼见 |
[34:43] | I guess you will. | 嗯 会的 |
[34:44] | I swear, I don’t know what to do with that mother of yours, I really don’t. | 我发誓 完全不知道拿你的妈怎么办好 |
[34:47] | Everything has to be such a scene. | 这么小事大作 |
[34:49] | I think you’re being really stupid. | 我觉得你太傻了 |
[34:59] | – So, Souplantation… – Hang on, I’m almost at the end of this chapter. | – 话说Souplantation餐馆… – 等一下 这一章快看完了 |
[35:04] | Okay, let the raving begin. | 开始疯聊吧 |
[35:06] | A room full of all you can eat food. | 一间屋子里面 堆满你爱吃的东西 |
[35:08] | Soup, salad, pizza, pasta, chicken wings, | 汤 沙拉 匹萨 意面 鸡翅 |
[35:10] | ice cream, rainbow sprinkles. | 冰淇淋 彩虹糖 |
[35:12] | How did I not know about the rainbow sprinkles? | 我怎么不知道有彩虹糖? |
[35:14] | – I have no good answers for you. – We are going back with Tupperware. | – 我也不知道 – 咱要带着塑料碗回去 |
[35:18] | – It’s turning yellow. – Ah, shoot. | – 黄灯了 – 真倒霉 |
[35:20] | – Come on, gun it. – I can’t. | – 哎呀 冲过去 – 我做不到 |
[35:21] | Mom, we have to get home. | 妈 我们要回家 |
[35:23] | Rory, I already have two tickets. I cannot get another. | Rory 我已经有两张罚单了 不能再多罚了 |
[35:26] | Oh, I can’t believe you stopped. | 真不敢相信你停下来了 |
[35:28] | I can’t believe you wanted me to go. | 真不敢相信你想让我开 |
[35:29] | There’s no one around. | 旁边又没人 |
[35:30] | Now no one’s around, but the second I run that light, | 现在是没人 等我一闯过去 |
[35:33] | a police car, four helicopters, the Canadian mounties and the crew of Cops | 一辆警车 四架直升飞机 加拿大骑警 和其他一群警察 |
[35:37] | – jump out of a dumpster and I’m toast. – Paranoid. | – 马上就冲出来 我就完了 – 幻想狂 |
[35:40] | Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you, my friend. | 亲爱的 就算你是幻想狂 也不代表他们不会抓你 |
[35:43] | All right, I guess we wait. | 好好好 咱们等 |
[35:51] | Do you think Luke will know we went to Souplantation? | 你说Luke知道咱们去了Souplantation吗? |
[35:54] | Not unless you tell him. | 除非我们告诉他 |
[35:55] | But maybe he’ll be able to tell. They’ll be a glow. | 说不定他能看出来 会有那么一种喜悦写在脸上 |
[35:58] | An all-you-can-eat glow. | “尽管开吃”的喜悦 |
[36:00] | He’ll see the glow, he’ll know we cheated, and he’ll never give us extra fries again. | 他会看到 然后发现我们骗了他 以后就再不给我们额外的薯条了 |
[36:09] | Mom, why did just bolt away from us? | 妈妈 他干嘛慌慌张张跑了? |
[36:12] | Maybe he saw the glow. | 说不定他看到了喜悦 |
[36:15] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[36:17] | Okay, first of all, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. | 好吧 首先 不好意思我没有早点跟你说 |
[36:20] | I just thought with all the stuff you were doing, maybe I should wait. | 你现在那么忙 想等一阵再说的 |
[36:25] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么了? |
[36:27] | Jess is gone. | Jess走了 |
[36:30] | – Gone where? – I don’t know. | – 去哪里? – 不知道 |
[36:32] | Luke knows, but he didn’t tell me. | Luke知道去了哪里 但他没告诉我 |
[36:36] | But he doesn’t seem to think he’s coming back. | 他觉得他不会回来了 |
[36:40] | Neither do I. | 我也这么觉得 |
[36:46] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧? |
[36:49] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[36:52] | Forget this. | 不管红灯了 |
[37:17] | Hey, when you say ‘I’m going to check out a bookstore on the boardwalk’, | 嘿 你说”在附近看看书店”的时候 |
[37:21] | – you be more specific. – What? | – 能不能说具体点 – 什么? |
[37:22] | I have been wandering around for over an hour. | 我在这里兜了一个多小时了 |
[37:24] | I’ve been to three different bookstores. | 去了三家书店 |
[37:25] | I have been worried sick about you, you hear me? | 担心死你了 你听到没? |
[37:28] | – Sorry. – Outside. | – 对不起 – 出来 |
[37:29] | – But… – Outside. | – 但是… – 出来 |
[37:40] | – Are you in trouble? – What? | – 你是不是有麻烦了? – 什么? |
[37:41] | You know, when you left home, were the cops after you? | 就是那种你离家出走 有警察在追你之类? |
[37:44] | No ’cause they shouldn’t be or no ’cause they haven’t found the head yet? | 到底是”他们没理由找你” 还是”他们没找到尸体”? |
[37:47] | What’s up, Jimmy? | 怎么了 Jimmy? |
[37:48] | – You just showed up here, man. – I know I did. | – 你突然跑来这里的 – 我知道 |
[37:50] | No call, no letter, just like… | 没打过电话 没写过信 就像… |
[37:52] | Just like you showed up in Stars Hollow with no letter, no call. | 就像你没打电话没写过信 就跑来Stars Hollow一样 |
[37:54] | – Were you in trouble? – We’re not talking about me, we’re talking about you. | – 你那时是不是也有麻烦了? – 咱们不是在聊我 是聊你 |
[37:57] | – I’m not running from the cops. – Then why are you here? | – 我不是逃避警察 – 那你来这里干嘛? |
[37:59] | Why’d you come to Stars Hollow? | 你去Stars Hollow干嘛? |
[38:00] | Hey, listen, Mr. Double-Talk, I need an answer here. | 别学我说话 回答我的问题 |
[38:02] | Well, so do I. | 我也想知道答案 |
[38:03] | You show up, you don’t talk to me, you don’t say anything. | 你跑过来 不跟我聊天 什么都没讲 |
[38:05] | You just have a cup of coffee, then you left. | 就喝了杯咖啡 走人 |
[38:07] | Why’d you come if you didn’t even wanna talk to me? | 你不想跟我说话 干嘛跑过来? |
[38:09] | – I did wanna talk to you. – You did? | – 我想跟你说来着 – 是吗? |
[38:11] | Of course I wanted to talk to you. | 当然了 |
[38:12] | You think a person travels all the way across the country just to listen to a Bowie song? | 你以为一个人千里迢迢横穿美国 就为了听首Bowie的歌吗? |
[38:15] | Granted, a classic off Ziggy, but still. | 虽然获过奖 Ziggy经典 |
[38:18] | So, what, you’re telling me you just chickened out? | 所以你临阵脱逃了? |
[38:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:27] | – Well, I came to see you. – Okay. | – 那我过来看你了 – 嗯 |
[38:30] | And I thought maybe I could crash here for a little while. | 我在想是不是可以在你这里住一小段时间 |
[38:36] | Just a little while. | 就一小段时间 |
[38:37] | I don’t need my own room or anything. I can just sleep on the couch. | 不需要自己的房间 可以睡沙发 |
[38:42] | Or the extra mattress we keep in the closet. | 或者柜子里面的备用床垫 |
[38:44] | Sure, that’d be fine, too. | 那也成 |
[38:46] | You know, Sasha’s always right. | Sasha总是对的 |
[38:48] | It drives me crazy. No matter what the situation, she’s always right. | 真受不了 不管什么情况下 她永远是对的 |
[38:50] | Jimmy | Jimmy. |
[38:51] | I’d love to be right just once in awhile, you know? | 我多么希望能有一次是对的 |
[38:53] | It wouldn’t be for long. | 不会待很久的 |
[38:54] | Do you know she called the Super Bowl five times in a row? | 你知道她连续猜对5次超级杯结果吗? |
[38:56] | Who does that? What is she, a witch? | 什么人可以这么厉害? 女巫? |
[38:58] | You know what, say no if you want. | 你要不同意就直说吧 |
[39:00] | – Jess, man, come on, you can’t stay here. – Why not? | – Jess 你不能待在这里 – 为什么不行? |
[39:02] | – ‘Cause you can’t. – Why not? | – 因为不可以 – 为什么不可以? |
[39:03] | – ‘Cause you can’t. – Why not? | – 因为你不可以 – 为什么不? |
[39:04] | Because you can’t. | 不行就是不行 |
[39:07] | I’d ask “why not” but it doesn’t seem to be getting me anywhere. | 我想说”为什么不行”来着 但貌似不会有结果 |
[39:10] | Look at me, Jess. I’m not a father. | Jess 你看看我 根本不是一个父亲的样子 |
[39:12] | I was never a father. I left you because I wasn’t a father. | 我从来就不是个父亲 我离开你就是因为我不是个父亲 |
[39:15] | I mean it, the minute the cigar was finished, I was like, “What the hell are you doing? | 我是认真的 雪茄烟抽完的刹那 我就想”你他妈的这是在干嘛? |
[39:18] | You can’t take care of yourself. How are you gonna take care of someone else?” | 自己都照顾不好自己 怎么去照顾别人?” |
[39:21] | – That’s not why… – I can’t take you in, I can’t raise you. | – 这不是理由… – 我不能接你过来 我不能养你 |
[39:23] | Raise me? I’m eighteen! I’m raised. | 养我? 我18了 我已经是大人了 |
[39:26] | I can vote, I can be drafted. | 我可以选举 可以当兵了 |
[39:27] | It’s a little late to throw me a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party. | 要给我开个忍者神龟生日聚会都已经晚了 |
[39:30] | I thought you didn’t come here to bust my balls. | 我还以为你来这里不是来给我难堪的 |
[39:32] | – I didn’t. – Well, then put the bat down, man. | – 的确不是 – 那不要那么激动 |
[39:33] | I don’t need a daddy. I just need a place to crash. | 我不需要一个老爸 只需要有个地方住 |
[39:37] | Do you even understand that it’s only been the last five years | 你知道吗 我是这5年开始 |
[39:39] | that I’ve even started to put my life together? | 生活有点起色的 |
[39:41] | You don’t wanna be around me. | 你不会希望待在我身边的 |
[39:43] | I am a screw-up. That is my genetic code. | 我老会搞砸事情 像是我的基因似的 |
[39:45] | the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree. | 有其父必有其子 |
[39:48] | Don’t say that. | 别这么说 |
[39:49] | You’re young, you can do anything you want. | 你还年轻 可以做自己想做的任何事 |
[39:51] | A month. Just let me stay a month. | 就一个月 让我待一个月 |
[39:53] | Are you listening? I have nothing to offer you. Nothing. | 你在听我说吗? 我什么都给不了你 |
[39:56] | You have nothing? I have nothing! | 你一无所有? 我才是一无所有! |
[39:59] | I have no place to go. I can’t stay at Luke’s, I can’t stay in Stars Hollow. | 我没有地方住 不能住Luke那儿 不能待在Stars Hollow |
[40:02] | My mother is a wackjob. | 我妈是个怪胎 |
[40:04] | I mean, you’re saying you’re this loser and what, | 你说自己是个衰人 |
[40:05] | you don’t wanna take me off this terrific path I’m headed down right now? | 你不想把我引向同一条路? |
[40:09] | I’m not graduating high school. | 我高中都没能毕业 |
[40:11] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do with the rest of my life, | 我不知道自己剩下的人生该怎么办 |
[40:13] | but something’s telling me I better find out soon | 但我心里清楚 我必须尽快找到答案 |
[40:15] | or I’m gonna be that guy out there on the boardwalk selling the hemp hats. | 否则我就会沦落成步行街上卖草帽的人 |
[40:23] | I have one of those. | 我有那么一顶帽子 |
[40:26] | It’s a good hat. | 好帽子 |
[40:34] | Well? | 怎么说? |
[40:37] | I have to talk it over with Sasha. | 我要先跟Sasha谈一下 |
[40:38] | Just tell her I’m a dog. | 就当我是一条狗 |
[40:42] | Great idea. | 好主意 |
[40:43] | Maybe you can sit there and lick yourself while she decides, you know, help sell it. | 也许你可以乖乖坐下 听她的话 舔舔自己 可以讨人欢心 |
[40:49] | Thank you, Jimmy. | 谢谢你 Jimmy |
[40:51] | If she says it’s okay, then we’ll see. | 如果她说行 我们再看了 |
[40:53] | – Fine, we’ll see. – It may not work out. | – 好 到时再说 – 也许行不通的 |
[40:55] | I totally understand. | 我完全理解 |
[40:56] | But I’ll ask and if she says it’s okay, then we’ll see. | 我会问 如果她说行 我们再看 |
[41:01] | We’ll see. | 我们再看 |
[41:08] | Oh my God, I’m so tired. | 累死我了 |
[41:10] | Here’s a crazy thought, how about going to bed? | 有个疯狂想法 咱们去睡吧? |
[41:12] | I have to study. | 我要学习的 |
[41:13] | Or, better yet, make a pot of coffee and once again, get no sleep. Just as good. | 或者更妙的是 煮一壶咖啡 再熬一次通宵 |
[41:18] | – What’s this? – Oh, that’s just… | – 那是什么? – 噢 那个不过是… |
[41:20] | Yale needed my Social Security number for something. | 耶鲁要我的社保号码 |
[41:26] | – Look who became a soche. – What? | – 看看谁成了一个明星啊 – 什么? |
[41:29] | You have a lot of signatures in here, little girl. | 你得到了很多的签名 |
[41:31] | Everybody signs everybody’s yearbook. It’s polite. | 大家都互相签名的 礼貌而已 |
[41:35] | “Rory, have a great summer. BFF. Amber.” | “Rory 祝你过一个愉快的暑假 永远的好友 Amber “ |
[41:38] | – Hey, Amber BFF’ed you. – Yeah, I feel truly blessed. | – 嘿 Amber 当你是永远的好友啦 – 我好幸运噢 |
[41:41] | “Hey, Aurory Borealis.” | “嘿 Aurory Borealis” |
[41:44] | Okay, can’t talk to this one ever again. | 别跟这个人说话了 |
[41:46] | “You have been my inspiration, my rock, my light. I loved you in South Pacific.” | “你启发了我 支持着我 指引着我 我爱在南太平洋那时的你” |
[41:51] | – When did you do South Pacific? – What? | – 你什么时候去的南太平洋? – 什么? |
[41:53] | Some dipstick named Shauna thinks you were in South Pacific. | 有个叫Shauna的傻瓜 以为你去过南太平洋 |
[41:56] | Oh, Shauna tends to get people mixed up. | Shauna总是把同学名字搞错 |
[41:58] | Oh, okay. | 哦 这样啊 |
[42:08] | Hey, you know what’s weird? | 我发现有个奇怪的地方 |
[42:11] | A lot of the kids in here are calling you a valedictorian. | 很多同学称你是毕业生代表啊 |
[42:15] | Is that anything like a dirty skank, | 这不是在骂你吧? |
[42:17] | ’cause if it is I’ll kick their plaid butts up and down the sidewalk. | 如果是的话 我会挨个狠狠揍他们一顿的 |
[42:21] | Were you named valedictorian? | 那你真的当选毕业生代表了? |
[42:24] | Yes, and you know what that means? | 是的 你知道这是什么意思吗? |
[42:25] | One more stupid speech that I have to write, that I have no time to write, | 这代表我要多写一篇傻傻的演说 时间都没有 |
[42:28] | but nevertheless, I have to write. | 但不管怎样 我非写不可 |
[42:30] | Hey, listen, | 听着 |
[42:32] | my little Holly Hunter in Broadcast News, | 我亲爱的<收播新闻>里的Holly Hunter啊! |
[42:35] | I’m gonna let you freak out and study like a mad woman | 我放手让你好好抓狂 疯狂学习 |
[42:39] | and stress yourself out until finals, | 直到期末考试 把自己累垮 |
[42:41] | but once they’re over, we are gonna celebrate big time… | 等这一切结束之后 我们要好好庆祝一下… |
[42:45] | ’cause this is amazing. | 因为这实在太了不起了 |
[42:47] | Yeah, it is. | 的确 |
[42:54] | Okay, now go make Mommy nervous. | 好 现在让你妈我紧张紧张吧 |
[43:03] | Synchro : Amariss – www.foromfr.com – |