时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Coming through! Heavy packs. | 大宗行李过路! |
[00:14] | Out of our way, peace boy! | 不好意思 请让一下! |
[00:16] | No offense, love the song. Carry on. Go. | 无心冒犯 歌挺不错的 继续… |
[00:27] | And wuss patrol, halt. | 行进结束 休息 |
[00:29] | I’ve never known such pain. | 太痛苦了 |
[00:31] | We are so not walking around Europe | 背着那些烦人的包 |
[00:33] | with those annoying things on our backs. | 怎么能算欧洲游啊 |
[00:35] | But we’re backpacking through Europe. | 可我们是欧洲自助游啊 |
[00:36] | How’re we gonna do this without backpacks? | 没有包就不算自助 |
[00:38] | But all the time we’ve talked about backpacking, | 我们谈论的都是自助游 |
[00:40] | I never actually pictured us with backpacks. | 可我从没想真是自助啊 |
[00:42] | What were you picturing? | 那你以为呢? |
[00:43] | Spry, accommodating European men | 敏捷和善 留着小胡子的 欧洲绅士尾随而来 |
[00:46] | with neat mustaches trailing after us, carrying our luggage, | 帮我们提行李 打车 |
[00:48] | hailing taxi cabs, constantly reminding us how beautiful we are. | 时不时夸夸我们都多美 |
[00:52] | No, it’s just the two of us humping our backpacks around. | 其实不过是咱俩背着包到处跑 |
[00:55] | Well, at least my new walking shoes are all broken in. | 起码我的新鞋已经坏了 |
[00:58] | If you count broken skin, broken toes. | 再加上磨伤的肌肤和脚趾 |
[01:01] | – Don’t do that. – Don’t do what? | – 别 – 别干嘛? |
[01:03] | Don’t take your shoes off. This is a restaurant. | 别脱鞋 这里是餐馆 |
[01:04] | I don’t see a “No shirt, no shoes, no service” sign. | 这又没规定 “衣冠不整 不得入内” |
[01:06] | It’s right here, don’t do that. | 我说了算 不准脱鞋 |
[01:08] | We’re in pain, Luke. | 可我们很痛苦啊 Luke |
[01:09] | But it’s great that you guys are bearing it so nobly. And can you move these? | 你们要是能承受住岂不更好 能否挪下这些吗? |
[01:12] | Can? No. | 能否? 否 |
[01:13] | Would if we could? Debatable. | 有力气的话挪吗? 是个问题 |
[01:17] | – Look at that. – Spry and accommodating. | – 瞧瞧 – 真”敏捷和善”啊 |
[01:19] | Hey, would you grow a mustache and follow us around Europe? | 嘿 你干脆蓄须尾随我们欧洲游好了 |
[01:21] | – Sorry, got travel plans of my own. – Really? | – 抱歉 我自个儿有出行计划 – 是嘛? |
[01:24] | Yup, I’m closing down the diner for a couple of weeks | 是 届时店子会停几个星期 |
[01:26] | and taking Nicole on a little trip. | 我准备带Nicole出去玩玩 |
[01:27] | Fun. | 有趣啊 |
[01:28] | We’re driving through Western Canada and then taking a cruise up to Alaska. | 我们会驾车穿过加拿大西部 再乘游轮去阿拉斯加 |
[01:31] | – A cruise? – Intimate. | – 游轮? – 真甜蜜 |
[01:33] | I guess. | 应该吧 |
[01:34] | – Is it? – The Love Boat. | – 对吧? – 爱之船 |
[01:36] | What? | 啥? |
[01:37] | A cruise is a good spot to get down on one knee. | 游轮是”单膝下跪”的好地方 |
[01:39] | And do my ventriloquist act? | 然后做腹语表演? |
[01:41] | – And propose. – I have no plans to propose. | – 然后求婚 – 我没准备求婚 |
[01:44] | You don’t now, but after you’ve had dinner at Captain Stubing’s table | 现在是没打算 但等你们在Stubing 船长的餐桌共进晚餐 |
[01:48] | and Isaac’s served you up a couple of mojitos. | 共饮Isaac奉上的莫吉托酒时 |
[01:50] | Romantic cruises say commitment, my friend. | 浪漫的气氛下就会海誓山盟 |
[01:52] | I am not committing and I am not proposing, so drop it. | 我不会许诺 也不会求婚 你还是省省吧 |
[01:55] | – Okay, it’s dropped. – Really drop it. | – 好 不提了 – 真别提了 |
[01:57] | – Did I not just say it’s dropped? – Heard it with my own ears. | – 我不是刚说了吗? – 我可以作证 |
[02:00] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[02:01] | The Love Boat. | 爱之船… |
[02:04] | If you’d get a radio in here, I wouldn’t have to do that. | 如果这有收音机 就用不着我唱了 |
[02:06] | Okay, so your graduation is Wednesday at four, correct? | 好了 你的毕业典礼 是周三下午四点对吧? |
[02:08] | You know, you really don’t have to go to it, Luke. | 不去也可以的 Luke |
[02:10] | I want to. I feel like I’ve been through this whole Chilton thing with you. | 我想去 你在Chilton的时候 我一直操心着你 |
[02:13] | Okay, good, I want you there. | 那好 我希望你去 |
[02:15] | Good. So what do you want? | 行了 你们想吃什么? |
[02:16] | – Are you hungry? – I’m just sore. | – 你饿吗? – 我只是全身酸痛 |
[02:18] | Let’s go home and rest. | 咱们回家休息吧 |
[02:23] | Hey, wait, don’t leave these. | 等等 把这些带走 |
[02:25] | Store ’em for us. | 暂存你这儿了 |
[02:26] | Yeah, until we hire a flatbed truck to carry ’em home for us. | – 我们得找个车来运才行 – 不行 |
[02:29] | My left foot hurts. My right foot hurts. Carry me. | 我左脚疼 右脚也不示弱 扶我 |
[02:31] | – You carry me. – You carry me. | – 你扶我 – 你扶我 |
[02:32] | – No, you carry me. – Come on. | – 不 你该扶我 – 走吧 |
[03:32] | – What is taking him so long? – I don’t know. Luke, come on! | – 他咋还不出来? – 不知道啊 Luke 快点儿! |
[03:36] | Oh, god, I walked right into a cobweb. | 天哪 我撞到蜘蛛网了 |
[03:40] | So, what’s the shape of the place? | 那里面怎么样? |
[03:42] | – It was a really big cobweb. – Terrible. So what’s the story? | – 那张网好大 – 你真背 里面到底怎样? |
[03:45] | – Is there a spider on me? – Suck it up, big guy, and tell us the scoop. | – 我身上有蜘蛛没? – 打住吧 我们问你呢 |
[03:48] | – It’s not so bad. – So it’s not so good. | – 不是很糟 – 那也不是很好了 |
[03:51] | Not so bad is not so good. | 不坏就是不好 |
[03:52] | – No, really, it’s not bad. The floors… – Are rotted! | – 不是的 没有那么糟 地板… – 腐烂了! |
[03:55] | – I knew it. They need to be replaced. – It’s a disaster. | – 我就知道 还得重整 – 简直是灾难嘛 |
[03:57] | The floors are fine. They need refinishing, | 地板是好的 只需抛光 |
[03:59] | but they’re really nice quartersawn oak floors. | 还是橡木直纹地板呢 |
[04:02] | What about the roof? | 屋顶呢? |
[04:03] | – The roof… – Is shot? | – 屋顶… – 是坏的? |
[04:04] | – It’s caving in. – The walls, too? | – 陷了 – 墙也是? |
[04:06] | Along with our hopes and dreams. | 我们的梦想也随之破灭了 |
[04:07] | No, the roof is fine. Some shingles need replacing, | 不 屋顶是好的 只要更换一些木瓦就行 |
[04:09] | but that looks like the extent of it. | 仅此而已 |
[04:11] | – Almost done here, folks. – Great, Kirk. You find any mold? | – 差不多可以了 – 好 Kirk 有没有什么发霉的? |
[04:14] | You mean, did I find any silent death? | 你是说 是否有人在这儿悄然逝去? |
[04:16] | – Not so far, no. – Good. | – 现在还没发现 – 那就好 |
[04:17] | I did tell you about the dangers of mold, right? And Ed McMahon’s dog? | 我跟你说过霉菌的害处吧? 有关Ed McMahon的狗那事? |
[04:21] | Yes, you did. | 嗯 你说过 |
[04:21] | Suffered memory loss due to mold infestation. | 因为霉菌侵入得了失忆症 |
[04:24] | – Forgot how to sit. – Yes, it was horrible. | – 不会坐了 – 是啊 真恐怖 |
[04:26] | It’s a growth industry right now, pardon the pun. | 如今是发展的时代 恕我使用双关语 |
[04:28] | Mold is money. | 霉菌就是金钱 |
[04:30] | I just wish I wasn’t so scared of finding it. | 只希望我不会惧怕去寻找它 |
[04:32] | – Well, don’t look too hard then. – Thanks. | – 别太努力啦 – 谢谢 |
[04:34] | So, what’s the final prognosis, Luke? We’re not buying a money pit, are we? | 前途会是怎样 Luke? 这投资不会是个无底洞吧? |
[04:37] | You’re gonna spend money, but it’s not a pit. Might be a steal. | 是要花钱 但绝不是无底洞 说不定你们还赚到了 |
[04:40] | It’s a steal! | 我们赚啦! |
[04:41] | We are such great businesswomen. | 我们真是有眼光 |
[04:43] | Once you start work, you can probably have this place up | 现在开始动工的话 |
[04:46] | and running in four or five months. | 可能四五个月后就可以开张了 |
[04:48] | Which will give the Independence Inn owners plenty of time to find our replacements. | 这样我们就有时间为旧旅店 寻找接班人了 |
[04:51] | We could be running our own inn in less than a year. | 我们一年之内就可以有自己的店了 |
[04:55] | What’s the matter Kirk? Mold? | Kirk怎么了? 发现霉菌了? |
[04:57] | No, mouse! | 不是 有老鼠! |
[05:00] | We all knew that our education at Chilton would be exemplary, | 我们深知 Chilton的教育 可以称之为模范 |
[05:02] | but it was the people at Chilton. | 重要的是在此的各位 |
[05:04] | All my friends – Hi Marcy, love you. | 我的朋友们 Marcy 爱你哦 |
[05:06] | Cody and Debbie, love you, too. | Cody Debbie 我爱你们 |
[05:08] | The faculty, the administrative staff. | 所有的教职人员 |
[05:10] | Even our janitorial staff – Jaime and Joachim. | 甚至是保安人员 Jaime和Joachim |
[05:13] | I can’t count the number of times you guys made me laugh… | 你们大家带给了我无尽的欢笑… |
[05:15] | – Does she need medical attention? – Paris. | – 她有病吧? – Paris |
[05:17] | Jaime and Joachim aren’t even getting a copy of this. She’s maroon. | Jaime和Joachim又看不到这个 谁会理她 |
[05:20] | It’s the end of the year, people get nostalgic. | 就要毕业了 大家都惆怅起来了 |
[05:21] | So, how’s your valedictorian speech coming along? | 你的毕业发言准备得怎样了? |
[05:24] | Oh, it’s okay. Pretty standard. Boring. | 就那样了 按标准来 没意思 |
[05:27] | ‘We love the school, blah blah blah.’ | “我们热爱学校啊”之类的 |
[05:29] | No one listens to those things anyhow, so – | 根本没人会听 所以… |
[05:31] | Relax, I’m okay with you making valedictorian over me. | 别紧张 我不会记恨你代替我的 |
[05:33] | Oh, good, thanks. | 噢 那得谢谢你了 |
[05:35] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[05:36] | I actually googled the personal histories of Ivy League valedictorians | 我搜索了25年前 常青藤大学毕业发言人的历史 |
[05:40] | going back twenty-five years, and found some enlightening statistics. | 发现了一些启发性的数据 |
[05:43] | They don’t necessarily do too well in later life, did you know that? | 他们后半生都不如意 你知道不? |
[05:46] | – No. – Oh, yeah. | – 不知道 – 是这样的 |
[05:47] | A lot of business failures, crumbled marriages, suicides, obesity. | 许多生意失败 家破人亡 肥胖过度 |
[05:50] | A bunch died in car crashes, several did time, | 不少死于车祸 有几个坐了牢 |
[05:53] | one suffocated when his cat fell asleep on his face. | 还有一个是因为 猫在他脸上睡觉窒息而死 |
[05:55] | Okay, well, thanks again. | 好 再次感谢 |
[05:57] | Okay, A/V geek, just pan my body nice and slow. | 好了 摄像小子 镜头慢慢照我全身 |
[06:00] | – Why? – Yeah, why? | – 为啥? – 是啊 为啥? |
[06:02] | Because I’ll never look better than I do now. | 因为我现在状态正佳呢 |
[06:03] | Come on ladies, we don’t have all day. | 别卖弄了 时间不够 |
[06:08] | A/V geek, I’m going to need six minutes. | 摄像小子 我需要六分钟 |
[06:10] | – You’re only allowed two. – Rolling! | – 每人仅限两分钟 – 开拍! |
[06:13] | Fellow Chilton seniors, it’s been quite a year… | |
[06:19] | I hate this. | 我最烦这样了 |
[06:21] | One guest. In the whole inn, one guy. | 一个顾客 整个店里就一个人 |
[06:24] | And I pulled towel duty today. | 今天毛巾我负责 |
[06:26] | It’s especially awful handling guest towels | 尤其是当你清楚知道是谁 |
[06:29] | when you know exactly which guests the towels belong to. | 用了哪条毛巾的时候 着实恶心 |
[06:31] | It’s his mites on those towels. | 毛巾上都是他的螨虫 |
[06:34] | Don’t be gross. | 别恶心人了 |
[06:36] | This is degrading for a man of my capabilities. | 我这个人才算是被埋没了 |
[06:39] | Well, what about me? I’ve got no kitchen. | 那我呢? 我没厨房用呢 |
[06:40] | I’m a chef. My skills are deteriorating. | 作为一名厨师 一天不练手生 |
[06:42] | I need to saut? emulsify, marinate. | 我得烧菜 乳化和浸汁 |
[06:45] | I need more mental stimulation. | 我需要精神鼓励 |
[06:48] | I need to frickin’ fry a dead animal in a skillet. I’m going nuts. | 我要用煎锅煎肉啊 要疯了! |
[06:51] | – I should’ve been a dancer. – What? | – 我应该当舞蹈家的 – 啥? |
[06:54] | My mother put me in dance school and I rebelled, | 我妈曾送我去舞蹈学校 我死活不肯 |
[06:56] | I wanted to kick the football. I should not have. | 因为我只想着踢球 后悔当初啊 |
[06:59] | I’ve seen you dance and you jump around like a duck. | 我看到过你跳舞 十分蹩脚 |
[07:02] | You know, I’m getting mighty sick of you. | 知道不 我超讨厌你 |
[07:04] | Not as sick as I am of you. | 我更讨厌你 |
[07:05] | You know what, you do his towels. I’m not doing his towels anymore. | 听着 你收拾他的毛巾吧 我不管了 |
[07:08] | I’m not doing his stupid towels. I hate that stupid guy | 我才不呢 讨厌死那个人了 |
[07:11] | with his stupid newspaper. He’s stupid. | 看着他的蠢报纸 蠢得要命 |
[07:13] | Yo, guys, no bickering in front of the guest. | 嘿 你俩 不准当客人的面斗嘴 |
[07:15] | Tell it to Deney Terrio here. I should’ve been a dancer. | 跟Deney Terrio说去 “我本该是舞蹈家的” |
[07:19] | Lorelai, how long can we keep this up? | Lorelai 我们还得坚持多久? |
[07:22] | Keep what up? | 坚持什么? |
[07:23] | We have one guest, | 我们只有一个顾客 |
[07:25] | half the rooms are still closed from the fire, | 一半客房因为火灾开不了 |
[07:27] | most of the staff is laid off, I am doing mite towels, | 伙计都被解雇了 我还得洗螨虫毛巾 |
[07:31] | and the owner’s son is walking around with a bunch of men in suits. | 老板的儿子和一帮西服革履 还在这视察 |
[07:34] | Yeah, John’s here. That can’t be good. | 是啊 John来了 准没好事儿 |
[07:36] | John is here looking things over for the renovation | John是来看整修的事 |
[07:40] | that will reopen all the closed rooms so we can be up and running again. | 这样 关闭的客房就能恢复 我们就能重新开放营业了 |
[07:43] | Stop worrying. | 别担心了 |
[07:44] | – Okay. – Okay. | – 好吧 – 好 |
[07:48] | Independence Inn, Lorelai speaking. | 独立旅店 我是Lorelai |
[07:50] | – Lorelai, it’s your mother. – Mother, hi. | – Lorelai 我是妈妈 – 妈妈 您好 |
[07:53] | I’m calling to find out how it’s going to work at Rory’s graduation. | 我是问你Rory的毕业典礼怎么安排? |
[07:56] | Are we going to be sitting together? | 我们会坐在一起吗? |
[07:59] | Well, mmm… | 呃…��… |
[08:02] | – Lorelai. – Sorry. Hmm. | – Lorelai – 抱歉 ��… |
[08:05] | Lorelai | Lorelai. |
[08:06] | Mom, of course we’ll be sitting together. We’re family. | 妈 我们当然坐一起了 我们是一家人嘛 |
[08:08] | Well, I knew that. I just wasn’t sure if you did. | 我倒是很清楚 只是不知道你清楚不 |
[08:10] | Well, we’re sitting together. | 我们坐一起 |
[08:11] | – Good. – Yes, it is. | – 好 – 是啊 |
[08:13] | Ask her about the gift, Emily. | 问问她想要什么礼物 Emily |
[08:14] | – Dad? – He’s on the other line. | – 爸爸? – 他在另一条线上 |
[08:16] | Oh, sure got the quiet thing down there. | 怪不得那么安静 |
[08:19] | I’m on the upstairs portable, but I’m on my way downstairs. | 我用的是楼上的无绳 现在下楼了 |
[08:21] | I see your mother now. Hello Emily. | 看到你妈了 好啊 Emily |
[08:23] | Hello Richard. | 你好 Richard |
[08:24] | I’m on my way to the couch and am about to sit. | 我要走去沙发 坐在那儿了 |
[08:27] | It’s like the thrilling day of radio here. | 好像无线电通讯 好玩啊 |
[08:28] | We wanted to ask you about a gift for Rory. | 关于送Rory的礼物 我们想征求下你的意见 |
[08:30] | It’s a big gift, a little extravagant. | 是份大礼 有点点奢侈 |
[08:32] | But it’s a big occasion, so it makes sense. | 但那是大日子 所以也合情合理 |
[08:34] | We wanna buy her a car. | 我们想给她买辆车 |
[08:35] | Well, I think that’s a great idea. | 我觉得这主意不错 |
[08:38] | – Really? – Wonderful. | – 真的? – 太好了 |
[08:39] | Yeah, Rory needs to get back and forth from Yale a lot, | 是啊 Rory会经常耶鲁和家两头跑 |
[08:42] | and the quicker she can do it, the more I get to see her, | 她尽快回来 我们相处的时间也就长点 |
[08:44] | so it’s really kind of a present for me, too. | 所以也算给我的礼物了 |
[08:46] | – Yes, right. – I suppose so. | – 是啊 – 我想是这样 |
[08:49] | – Didn’t think of that. – Just not a gas guzzler. | – 没想到这点 – 不要很废油就行了 |
[08:51] | – And no Ferrari’s or Lamborghini’s. – So nothing Italian? | – 也别送法拉利或者林博坚尼 – 那就是拒绝意大利车? |
[08:55] | No, it can be Italian, just sensible Italian. | 不 意大利的也可以 但是要适中 |
[08:57] | All right, well, good. | 好吧 可以 |
[08:59] | I’m glad we had this settled. | 很高兴终于定下来了 |
[09:00] | Good. Well, maybe I’ll see you at the graduation, maybe I won’t. | 好 也许我们可以典礼上见 也许见不到 |
[09:04] | – What? – See you there. Bye. | – 什么? – 到时见吧 再见 |
[09:07] | – Goodbye. – Bye. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[09:15] | Hey, you and your Armani posse want something to drink, John? | 嘿 你和你的制服组们 要不要来点喝的 John? |
[09:17] | No, no, Lorelai. We’re fine, thanks. | 不 不用了 Lorelai 我们不喝了 谢谢 |
[09:19] | So, I’ve been lying to people about you all day. | 我整天和别人撒谎 |
[09:22] | About what? | 什么谎? |
[09:23] | Oh, about how it’s not a big deal that you’re walking around | 就是你表情严肃 |
[09:27] | with a concerned look on your face with a group of men | 带着同样严肃的一大帮人 |
[09:29] | with concerned looks on their faces. | 来这儿转转 没什么大不了的 |
[09:31] | I think I’ve been lying to me a little, too. | 我觉得我有点自欺欺人 |
[09:33] | We have to close off three more rooms. | 我们得再关三间房子 |
[09:35] | Three rooms? | 三间? |
[09:36] | That’ll leave us with two. | 那我们只剩两间了 |
[09:38] | And, the estimate for the repairs to get everything back | 要使这里恢复原貌的预算 |
[09:41] | to the quality we had and up to code… | 按照估计… |
[09:44] | – it’s not pretty. – No, that’s not pretty. | – 不容乐观 – 是啊 不容乐观 |
[09:46] | – Mom’s leaning toward selling. – Selling. | – 我妈更倾向卖了旅店 – 要卖了啊 |
[09:48] | – Nothing’s final yet. – Yeah, nothing’s final. | – 一切待定呢 – 是啊 待定… |
[09:51] | I just… Rory grew up here. | 只是…Rory是在这里长大的 |
[09:55] | I grew up here. | 我也是 |
[09:56] | Yeah, I better get back to my group. | 是啊 不过我得过去了 |
[09:59] | Right, sure, you go. | 当然 你去吧 |
[10:00] | Hey, be careful not to trip over our guest. | 别忘了我们这还有个客人呢 |
[10:02] | I won’t. | 我看到了 |
[10:08] | Sookie, Jackson, you better not be in bed. | Sookie Jackson 你们还没睡吧? |
[10:10] | – Are you expecting Lorelai? – No. | – 你约了Lorelai? – 没有啊 |
[10:12] | Come on. The night is young and the champagne’s cold. | 快啊 良宵配美酒 |
[10:14] | The champagne? | 酒? |
[10:16] | – Surprise! – What is this? | – 惊喜! – 怎么了? |
[10:18] | – It’s a celebration. – For what? | – 我们要庆祝 – 为啥? |
[10:20] | Sookie, get some glasses, and Jackson, put some music on. | Sookie 拿杯子 Jackson 来点音乐 |
[10:23] | Whatever you want, just make it festive. | 随你们布置 搞得有气氛点儿 |
[10:25] | – Got it. – I don’t know what this is, but it’s fun. | – 明白了 – 虽然不知道为啥 但是很有趣 |
[10:28] | Let’s see. I’ve got Creedence Clearwater Revival. | 让我看看…我这有 Creedence Clearwater Revival的歌 |
[10:30] | Good energy, too hillbilly. | 挺有劲儿的 就是太土了 |
[10:33] | How you coming with those glasses, Sook? | 杯子准备好了没 Sook? |
[10:35] | Just wiping off the fancy ones. | 我在擦几个好杯子 |
[10:36] | Huey Lewis and the News? It’s Sookie’s. | Huey Lewis and the News的? 这是Sookie的最爱 |
[10:39] | Hey, we all have our guilty pleasures. | 谁没错并快乐过呢 |
[10:41] | – Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass? – Ah, fun, festive, that’s perfect! Crank it. | – Herb Albert & theTijuana Brass? – 啊 这个可以 有气氛 放吧 |
[10:45] | Okay, I’ve got some cold Dom for me and Jackson. | 好 我给我和Jackson满上了 冰的Dom Perignon酒 |
[10:49] | – Happens to be my brand. – Oh, I love this song. | – 我最爱的牌子 – 我喜欢这首歌 |
[10:52] | And, for Sookie and little baby, whatever-it-is, | 为了Sookie和宝宝 不管是男是女 |
[10:55] | we’ve got the apple bubbly stuff. | 还有这瓶苹果汁 |
[10:58] | – And cheers. – Cheers! | – 干杯 – 干杯! |
[11:02] | Well, come on, what are we celebrating? | 快说 我们庆祝什么? |
[11:04] | – Well, you ready? – Yeah. | – 准备好了没? – 当然 |
[11:06] | Definitely! | 确定! |
[11:08] | The Independence Inn is closing. | 独立旅店要关门了 |
[11:11] | – The inn is closing. – Not closing, closed. We’re finished. It’s all over. | – 要关门了? – 不是”要” 是已经关了 都结束了 |
[11:16] | They’re boarding the place up as we speak. | 我们说话这阵 他们在封门 |
[11:17] | Who wants more? | 谁还要? |
[11:18] | Well, did they find some gold in the basement or something | 他们是不是在地下室发现财宝了? |
[11:20] | ’cause I’m missing the celebrating angle. | 我还是不明白我们为啥庆祝 |
[11:22] | You should always celebrate new challenges, and that’s what this is. | 我们应该庆祝新挑战啊 |
[11:25] | A new challenge. | 新挑战 |
[11:26] | Yes. They’ll be some severance pay, then nothing. | 是 他们只付点儿差遣费 其它的啥都没有 |
[11:29] | Nothing! | 啥都没! |
[11:30] | Nothing but exciting new challenges. Cheers! | 只有激动人心的新挑战 干杯! |
[11:32] | The inn is closed. | 餐厅关门了 |
[11:34] | I guess this means that you guys can focus solely on refurbishing the Dragonfly, | 这意味着你们可以 一心一意整理Dragonfly了 |
[11:39] | getting that up and running. That’s exciting. | 运作它 是挺振奋人心的 |
[11:41] | – Yes, it is. – Yeah, I agree. | – 是啊 – 我也这么想 |
[11:43] | But just drink some more. How’re you feeling? | 再喝点儿吧 你们说呢? |
[11:46] | A little drunk, and all I’m drinking is apple juice. | 怎么都有点醉了 我只喝了苹果汁啊 |
[11:49] | Well, good, ’cause I’ve got another little piece of news for you. | 好 我还有一件事要宣布 |
[11:51] | We can’t buy the Dragonfly because I can’t swing my share of the money | 我们买不了Dragonfly了 因为我不能动用我的钱 |
[11:55] | because I no longer have a steady income. | 我没有稳定经济来源了 |
[11:58] | Wow, that is great. | 哇哦 这下好了 |
[12:01] | I’m sorry, was that an exciting challenge too? | 请问 这也算新挑战不? |
[12:03] | Absolutely. Yesterday our lives were boring and predictable. | 当然 昨天我们的生活还 索然无味 一片坦途 |
[12:07] | We had jobs, we were gonna start our own business. | 我们有工作 准备开创一番事业 |
[12:09] | But now everything is wide open. | 现在一切都是未知的了 |
[12:11] | We can do anything we want because we’re not penned in. That’s good. | 我们没有束缚 可以随心所欲了 多好 |
[12:15] | Yes, that’s good. | 是啊 真好 |
[12:17] | And thinking of those new challenges is a nice way to distract me | 想想这些新挑战 |
[12:20] | from the fact that we don’t work together anymore | 我就不会一直遗憾 咱俩不能一起工作了 |
[12:22] | so we’re gonna see way less of each other. | 我们将会很少见面了 |
[12:25] | Which will make our limited time together more enjoyable. | 这样我们会更加珍惜 在一起的每一刻 |
[12:29] | Right. And since I’m your vegetable supplier, I’m losing work, | 说的对 作为你们的蔬菜供应商 我也要失业了 |
[12:33] | and seeing my wife and close friend way less than before. | 将和我老婆和她的朋友聚少离多 |
[12:37] | Cheers! | 干杯! |
[12:41] | That would convert it into a town bylaw, | 这样可以改为地方法 |
[12:45] | a minor but nonetheless important change from local ordinance, | 这是当局法一个微小 但不可或缺的变化 |
[12:49] | giving us the leeway to enforce charter amendments five and six | 我们将可以自行加强 特许修正案第五和六条 |
[12:53] | and grandfathering in previously proposed statutes with no procedural delay. | 这样就可以 在原有的基础上避免程序延误 |
[13:00] | So all those in favor of going ahead of this, say aye. | 那么所有赞成的人请说 “好” |
[13:07] | All those opposed? | 都反对? |
[13:10] | People, what’s going on? | 各位 怎么了? |
[13:12] | – People! – Oh, sorry, Taylor. | – 各位! – 噢 抱歉 Taylor |
[13:15] | What is the matter with you? | 你们怎么了? |
[13:17] | I think it might be the first time sixty people lost their train of thought all at the same time. | 我想这是首次60个人一起走神啊 |
[13:21] | Yeah, Taylor, your voice always makes me think of my grocery list. | 是啊 Taylor 一听你说话 我就想到我家购物单了 |
[13:24] | – We need croutons. – Got it. | – 我们还得买点面包块 – 知道了 |
[13:26] | Moving on. | 现在继续 |
[13:28] | Now, people, I know it’s an unpleasant subject, | 各位 我知道这话题会引起不快 |
[13:31] | but the deer population in this town is reaching monstrous proportions. | 但我们镇的鹿数量大的可怕 |
[13:35] | Not this again. | 怎么又提这事啊? |
[13:37] | – He’s always going on about the deer. – Leave ’em alone, Taylor. | – 他老是唠唠叨叨要对付那些鹿 – 放过他们吧 Taylor |
[13:40] | But they’re taking over the town. We need to institute partial elimination. | 但它们不断在侵占我们的镇子 有必要消灭掉其中的一部分 |
[13:45] | – Partial elimination? – You wanna kill the little romping Bambi’s? | – 消灭掉一部分? – 要杀了活蹦乱跳的小鹿斑比们? |
[13:49] | People, do I have to detail the problems that these deer cause? | 大家是非逼我说说 这些鹿会带来的问题吗? |
[13:52] | No, but you will. | 没人逼你 你也会说的 |
[13:53] | Lyme disease, auto accidents, plane accidents. | 莱姆病 车祸 空难 |
[13:57] | – We have flying deer? – Oh, that’s scary. | – 难道有会飞的鹿吗? – 那怪吓人的 |
[13:59] | Yeah. Those ones you can snuff. | 是啊 你可以把这些会飞的给灭了 |
[14:01] | But the worst problem is the crop loss. | 最严重的问题还是庄稼的损失 |
[14:04] | Dean, hand me the blow-up please. | Dean 把那张照片给我 |
[14:06] | Hey, Dean, he’s paying you for all this, right? | 嘿 Dean 他付钱给你了吧? |
[14:08] | Really, how much? | 真的吗 给多少? |
[14:11] | People, this is a randomly chosen but typical landscaped area in the town | 各位 这是我们镇上某块典型地 完全是随意选出的 |
[14:17] | that was denuded by these ruminant pests. | 可以看到它完全被这些 反刍的畜牲给啃光了 |
[14:20] | – Randomly chosen? – Taylor, that’s your backyard. | – 随便选的地方? – Taylor 这明明就是你家后院 |
[14:22] | This is a little self-serving. | 你这可有点假公济私啊 |
[14:25] | – It might be my yard. – Might be? | – 说不定是我家后院. – 说不定是? |
[14:28] | Taylor, no one else has a “Kiss the Gardener” sign. | Taylor 除了你 没人会放这么块 “请给园丁一个吻”的牌子在那边 |
[14:31] | This is a trumped up problem. | 这问题根本就是捏造的 |
[14:33] | So none of you are interested in addressing this scourge? | 所以就没人想 把这个麻烦给除掉吗? |
[14:36] | – I have a thought. – Go ahead, Kirk. | – 我有个办法 – 说来听听 Kirk |
[14:38] | – A controlled hunt. – Guns? | – 有控制的捕猎 – 用枪? |
[14:40] | – Not guns, wolves. – What? | – 不用枪 用狼 – 你说什么? |
[14:42] | You release a pack of wolves, they eat the deer, problem solved. | 放一些狼出去 狼把鹿吃了 问题解决 |
[14:46] | Of course, then you’ll have to deal with your wolf problem. | 当然 稍后就要处理狼的问题 |
[14:48] | I say that we defer this unsavory topic for another year. | 我说这个令人不快的话题 来年再讨论吧 |
[14:52] | – Now wait a minute. – All those in favor? | – 等一下 – 多少人同意的? |
[14:54] | Aye! | 同意! |
[14:55] | Taylor’s opposed. Meeting adjourned. | Taylor少数服从多数 休会 |
[15:01] | I missed the whole thing? | 我都错过了? |
[15:02] | Yes, and I’m still semi-grounded, | 是的 我还在半禁闭 |
[15:04] | so I only have a limited amount of time in the outside world. | 出来放风的时间有限 |
[15:06] | Well, hurry and show me your prom pictures. | 那快把你的毕业舞会照片 拿给我看看 |
[15:10] | – These are them. – Lane, how many did you take? | – 这里都是 – Lane 你拍了多少照片? |
[15:12] | Three hundred. I’ll leave them with you, they’re pretty self explanatory. | 300张 你拿去看吧 一看就明白 |
[15:14] | – What’s this? – Our chicken piccata. | – 这是什么? – 鸡肉煎小牛肉 |
[15:16] | – Ah, and this? – Our chicken piccata after one bite. | – 那这张呢? – 是咬了一口的鸡肉煎小牛肉 |
[15:19] | So, don’t tell me, two bites? | 那这张 先别说 是咬了两口之后的? |
[15:20] | Okay, I think I can follow this. | 我想我可以搞懂这些照片的 |
[15:22] | Gotta run. Keep ’em in order. | 我得走了 记得按顺序排好 |
[15:24] | I will. | 知道了 |
[15:39] | Taylor’s paying you to do all this work, isn’t he? | Taylor付钱给你干这些活的吧? |
[15:42] | He knows I need money, so he’s helping me out with extra stuff to do. | 他知道我缺钱 所以就额外给了些活 |
[15:45] | – He’s a good guy. – Yeah, he is a good guy. | – 他是个好人 – 嗯 是个好人 |
[15:47] | A very good guy. So how are the old wedding plans? | 大好人 你的婚礼准备怎么样了? |
[15:51] | They’re fine. | 还行吧 |
[15:52] | You know, my mom’s held about a million weddings at the inn | 我妈在客栈里面准备过N多婚礼了 |
[15:56] | and I’ve worked on a lot of them, so I’m a fountain of useful tips. | 我帮过忙 有很多经验的 |
[15:59] | Good. | 不错 |
[16:00] | For instance, your photographer, | 比如说 摄影师 |
[16:02] | have him take candid photographs along with the other ones, | 让他除了拍摆造型的照片外 再偷拍一些 |
[16:05] | so that way you’ll capture a lot of your favorite moments | 这样就能捕捉到许多美妙的时刻 |
[16:08] | and you won’t be stuck with just the stiff, you know, posed shots. | 而不是仅仅是那些傻站着 摆好姿势等人拍的照片 |
[16:11] | Candid, okay. | 好的 要偷拍 |
[16:13] | And if the ring bearer is younger than five years-old. | 如果送戒指的小朋友不到5岁 |
[16:15] | My nephew, he’s three. | 我侄子 三岁 |
[16:17] | Don’t give him the ring until the last second | 到最后一刻再把戒指给他 |
[16:19] | because I have seen many a ring swallowed, | 我看到过好多次 小朋友把戒指给吞了 |
[16:21] | and well, it takes a couple days to get it back. | 要过好几天才能把戒指弄出来 |
[16:25] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[16:27] | It’s actually been kind of overwhelming. | 其实这挺让人喘不过气的 |
[16:29] | I mean, you have to rent the hall like a year in advance. | 光是租场地就要提前一年 |
[16:32] | And make sure that your deposit is refundable as long as you can. | 如果可以的话 尽量选择定金可以退还的 |
[16:34] | Yeah, it is. And then there’s a lot of stuff that we have to buy, too, for our place. | 是 我们还要给新家添置很多东西 |
[16:38] | Oh yeah, about that. Come on, sit. | 关于那个嘛 过来 咱们坐下 |
[16:45] | – What’s this? – Your wedding gift. | – 这是什么? – 你的结婚礼物啊 |
[16:48] | What? | 什么? |
[16:49] | You can get anything you want, but I’ve marked a bunch of pages | 你选哪件都可以 不过我也标了几页出来 |
[16:52] | with stuff that I think would be most appropriate, | 上面有我觉得适合的礼物 |
[16:54] | and I just wanted to get in early so I’d be the first one | 我想早点跟你说 这样一来 |
[16:56] | to get you a blender, not the third one. | 就可以第一个挑搅拌机送你了 而不是第三个 |
[16:59] | – You don’t have to do this. – I know. That’s why it’s fun. | – 你不用这么费心的 – 我知道 所以才好玩 |
[17:06] | This has everything. | 这上面什么都有 |
[17:08] | I’d recommend the mixing bowls, those are really nice. | 我推荐这个大小碗具组合 很不错的 |
[17:10] | Or a knife set and a sharpener. Sharpening’s very important. | 或者这套刀具和磨刀器 磨刀器很必要的 |
[17:14] | I learned that from Sookie. If you leave ’em too long, it’s too late. | Sookie教我的 如果刀太久不磨 想磨的时候就来不及了 |
[17:17] | Respect your knives. | 尊重你的刀具 |
[17:19] | – Thanks, Rory. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你 Rory – 不客气 |
[17:22] | So just look through it with Lindsay and pick out what you want and I’ll order it. | 跟Lindsay一起看下这个 选你们喜欢的 我去买 |
[17:25] | I will. | 好的 |
[17:30] | Bye, Dean. | 再见 Dean |
[17:32] | Bye, Rory. | 再见 Rory |
[17:40] | Maybe we should bring it in a bit more. | 也许我们该再把衣服往里收一点 |
[17:41] | Oh sure, but first we’ll have to use a medieval torture instrument to crush my ribs | 没问题 但首先要用中世纪的 酷刑工具把我肋骨压平 |
[17:45] | and flatten my spinal cord in order to accommodate your sadistic wish there. | 再把我的脊髓也整平了 以满足你这个虐待狂的要求 |
[17:48] | Don’t use subtlety on us. We’re slow. | 不要跟玩文字游戏 我们很迟钝的 |
[17:50] | I think she’s saying that we don’t need to bring it in anymore. | 我觉得她意思是 裙子不用再往里面收了 |
[17:53] | Take it off, you’re done. | 脱下来吧 都好了 |
[17:55] | I should go. I’ve got a stupid job interview tomorrow morning, | 我该走了 明天一早有个面试 |
[17:58] | – and you know what, I’m nervous. – Which place? | – 我好紧张 – 哪里的面试? |
[18:00] | – Harrington’s in Woodbridge. – Nice. | – Woodbridge那边的Harrington – 好地方 |
[18:02] | They want me to be their executive chef four nights a week. | 他们想让我每周当四晚的主厨 |
[18:05] | God, I can’t imagine working someplace else. And without my Lorelai! | 天 我无法想象在其他地方工作 我的Lorelai又不在身边! |
[18:09] | But it’s only a few months until the Dragonfly opens, right? | 就几个月 等Dragonfly客栈开张 就好了 是吧? |
[18:12] | – You haven’t told her yet. – Told me what? | – 你还没跟她说 – 说什么? |
[18:15] | – I was waiting for an opportunity. – To tell me what? | – 我在等适合的时机 – 跟我说什么? |
[18:17] | Which apparently is right now. | 看来就是现在了 |
[18:19] | Okay, hon, listen. | 亲爱的 你听我说 |
[18:24] | We’re not buying the Dragonfly. | 我们不准备买Dragonfly了 |
[18:27] | – What? – It’s just not the right time. | – 什么? – 时机不适合 |
[18:29] | – You’re crazy. It’s the perfect time. – Not really. | – 你疯了吗? 现在时机刚好 – 不是的 |
[18:32] | But if you wait, someone else is gonna buy it. You said so yourself. | 如果你不买 别人会抢先一步的 你自己告诉我的 |
[18:34] | I’m gonna go, guys. Sorry to spill the beans. | 我先走了 对不起 不该提这个的 |
[18:37] | That’s okay. I’ll see you later. | 没事 回头见 |
[18:39] | Mom, why put it off? | 妈 为什么不买了? |
[18:40] | I mean, I know the Independence Inn closing is a setback. | 我知道独立旅店关了之后是很费钱 |
[18:43] | Big one. | 很费钱 |
[18:44] | But we’ve got the rest of Grandpa’s money, that’s plenty to buy the Dragonfly Inn, | 但我们有外公的资金来源 足够买Dragonfly客栈了 |
[18:47] | and we’ll just scrimp on everything until it’s all up and running and successful. | 我们可以省吃俭用 等客栈有起色了再说 |
[18:51] | It would take a lot of scrimping. | 那要省吃俭用得很厉害才行 |
[18:53] | Well, I’m a master scrimper. I would make the Olympic scrimping team. | 我是个省吃俭用专家 可以组队参加奥运的 |
[18:55] | – I’m that good, boy. – Honey, we didn’t get financial aid for Yale. | – 我就是这么强的 – 亲爱的 我们没能拿到耶鲁的助学金 |
[18:58] | – What? – No scholarships, no hardship money, | – 什么? – 没有奖学金 没有贫困生助学金 |
[19:01] | no money-off coupons, no gift certificates, nothing. | 没有学费打折 没有礼品卡 什么都没有 |
[19:03] | I don’t understand, what happened? | 我不懂 怎么回事? |
[19:05] | Well, irony of ironies, the money I got from your grandpa | 最讽刺的是 是你外公给的钱 |
[19:08] | took us out of the running for financial aid ’cause it made it look like we have money. | 让我们失去助学金资格 因为那笔钱让我们看起来很富裕 |
[19:12] | Well, send them proof – a bank statement, a letter from Grandpa. | 那把证据发给他们看啊 银行证明或者外公写的说明信 |
[19:15] | Here, take a picture of this couch – | 给这张沙发拍张照 |
[19:16] | no one will think we have money after looking at this couch. | 谁看了都不会觉得我们家有钱的 |
[19:18] | – I tried everything, I swear. – Why didn’t you tell me this? | – 能试的我都试了 我发誓 – 你怎么早不告诉我? |
[19:21] | With everything that’s going on, finals and all your personal stuff, | 你那么忙 期末考啊什么的 |
[19:24] | – I didn’t want you worrying. – But Grandpa’s money – | – 不想让你操心 – 但是外公的钱 |
[19:26] | – Is paying for Yale. – No! No way! | – 是用来付耶鲁学费的 – 绝对不行! |
[19:28] | I’ll take a student loan out from the bank. That’s what banks are for. | 我会从银行里面借学生贷款的 银行就是派这个用处 |
[19:32] | Honey, I don’t want you to be buried by loans the day you graduate from college. | 亲爱的 我不想你一毕业就背一屁股的债 |
[19:35] | then I’ll major in something that’ll immediately make me a lot of money | 那我就去学可以一毕业马上赚钱的专业 |
[19:37] | when I graduate. I’ll major in business or engineering. | 比如商业或者工程 |
[19:40] | You are not changing your major from journalism because of my lack of money. | 不能因为我缺钱就让你放弃新闻学 |
[19:44] | It’s our lack. | 是我们都缺钱 |
[19:45] | Look, if you need to work as a low-paid intern for a magazine | 听着 你可以在没有赚大钱之前 |
[19:49] | or a stringer for some small-town newspaper | 去报社当个实习生 或者给某个小镇的报社当兼职 |
[19:52] | or Tom Brokaw’s toupee comber-outer | 哪怕是去梳理Tom Brokaw的假发 |
[19:55] | before you make real money, then that’s what you’ll do. | 我都没有意见 这是你的必经之路 |
[19:58] | – There has to be another way. – I’ve looked. There’s nothing. | – 一定有其他办法的 – 我试过了 真的没有 |
[20:01] | This is so not fair to you. | 对你太不公平了 |
[20:02] | I’ll have my own inn one day, I promise. But Yale comes first. | 总有一天我会自己开客栈的 我保证 但是现在 耶鲁最重要 |
[20:07] | – What are you gonna do now? – Rail at God for awhile. | – 你要去干嘛? – 骂上帝去 |
[20:11] | Tell her I said hi. | 记得跟她打个招呼 |
[20:16] | What happened to our packing elves who were gonna pack our packs over night? | 那些说好帮我们一夜之间 整理好行李的侏儒哪里去了? |
[20:19] | How about this? | 这件算什么? |
[20:21] | You hate the dress I made you that much? | 你这么讨厌我亲手做的裙子啊? |
[20:23] | Not for graduation, for Europe. | 不是毕业典礼 是去欧洲穿的 |
[20:25] | Oh, it’s perfect. It’s black so it won’t show dirt or wrinkles, | 它完美极了 黑色 耐脏 也看不出褶皱 |
[20:28] | and if you wear it with a moody look on your face like you’re thinking of Bolsheviks, | 你穿上这条裙子 再弄点忧郁表情在脸上 貌似在思考布尔什维克一样 |
[20:31] | they’ll mistake you for Simone de Beauvoir. Pack it. | 人家就会以为你是西蒙波娃了 装箱 |
[20:34] | – It’s too heavy. – So, was that a trick question? | – 太沉了 – 这是个恶作剧吗? |
[20:36] | We both need to cut weight from our packs. | 咱俩都要去掉点行李 |
[20:38] | I am doing my part here. | 我在搞呢 |
[20:39] | You don’t need five pairs of boots. | 你不需要5双靴子的 |
[20:41] | I’ll drop some boots if you drop some books. | 你少带几本书 我就少带几双靴子 |
[20:43] | – I can’t drop books. – You can’t bring twelve books. | – 我不舍得把书去掉 – 你也不能带12本书啊 |
[20:45] | You also need to cut your undergarments. | 那你也要少带些内衣 |
[20:46] | Don’t forget, we’ll rinse in Woolite every few days. | 别忘了 我们可以每过几天 就用轻柔漂洗把内衣洗出来的 |
[20:49] | This is going to an uncomfortable place. | 越说越糟了 |
[20:51] | And your toothpaste – you have three full tubes. | 还有你那三大支全新牙膏 |
[20:53] | – So? – Why three? | – 怎么样? – 为什么要三支? |
[20:54] | If I lose one, I’ll have another to take its place. | 要是我弄丢一支 就可以有另外一支备用了 |
[20:56] | If you’re bringing three tubes of toothpaste, I am bringing twelve books plus a dictionary. | 你要带三支牙膏的话 我就带12本书和一本字典 |
[21:00] | Then I’m bringing a gallon of mercury | 那我就带一加仑的水银 |
[21:02] | which is one of the densest and heaviest substances known to man. | 据说是世界上密度最大 重量最重的物质了 |
[21:04] | – I think the writing’s on the wall here. – Cancel Europe. | – 我觉得咱们快达成共识了 – 取消欧洲行 |
[21:06] | I’ve gotta run. I love my graduation dress. | 我要走了 爱死这条毕业典礼裙了 |
[21:08] | I know. | 我看出来了 |
[21:10] | Hey, it’s a shame about Europe being canceled, huh? | 嘿 不去欧洲多可惜啊? |
[21:12] | That’s okay. It’s not supposed to be that great anyway, except for the cheese. | 没事 欧洲也没有那么好啦 可惜吃不到芝士了 |
[21:15] | – Nine books for two toothpastes. – Deal. | – 用我的9本书换2支牙膏 – 成交 |
[21:21] | – Who is it, Emily? – I don’t know, Richard. | – Emily 是谁呀? – 我不知道Richard |
[21:23] | My x-ray vision isn’t working at the moment. | 我的透视眼现在暂停工作了 |
[21:25] | I was wondering if you were expecting somebody. | 你是不是在等某个客人? |
[21:28] | I wasn’t expecting anybody. | 我谁都没有约 |
[21:31] | – Rory. – Hey Grandma, hey Grandpa. | – Rory – 外公外婆好 |
[21:33] | What brings you here on this busy day? | 今天这么忙 你来做什么? |
[21:35] | I have sort of a time-sensitive issue I need to talk to you about. | 有些十万火急的事情找你们商量 |
[21:37] | Time sensitive. Well, come in, come in. | 十万火急? 进来吧 |
[21:43] | We were just getting ready for your ceremony. | 我们正在准备去你的毕业典礼 |
[21:45] | And I was just retying my tie for the third time. | 我的领结都重系第三次了 |
[21:47] | No matter how many times I tie a tie, there’s always room for error. | 不管我领结系了多少次 总有地方感觉系得不好 |
[21:51] | It’s not an exact science, is it? | 这不是精密科学 对吧? |
[21:52] | Nor an art form. It’s pretty much nothing. | 也算不上艺术 啥都不是 |
[21:54] | Sit down, please. | 请坐 |
[21:58] | All right. | 好. |
[22:00] | – Should we be nervous? – No, you shouldn’t be. I am a little. | – 我们该紧张吗? – 不用不用 我倒是有一点 |
[22:04] | Well, what is it? | 怎么了? |
[22:07] | – I need money. – You need money. | – 我需要用钱 – 你需要用钱 |
[22:09] | – For Yale. – You need money for Yale. | – 为了上耶鲁 – 你需要钱上耶鲁 |
[22:10] | – Stop repeating everything she says. – I’m sorry, I’m processing. | – 不要重复她的每句话 – 对不起 我在思考 |
[22:14] | Look, it’s a long story, but no other financing came through | 说来话长 我们没有其他经济来源 |
[22:17] | and all of the other options that Mom and I have are just… well, not good enough. | 我们有的其他出路又…不怎么理想 |
[22:20] | So here’s the offer – I would like for you to loan me the money for four years at Yale, | 你们看这样行不行 我想跟你们借耶鲁四年的学费 |
[22:24] | and in return I will get a part time job and pay you in installments. | 我会做兼职 分期还钱给你们 |
[22:27] | I will continue this payment schedule after graduation | 我会在毕业之后继续还钱的 |
[22:30] | increasing the payment amounts in proportion to my income. | 根据我的收入来增加还款金额 |
[22:33] | Plus, I will reinstate Friday night dinners with me. | 另外 我还会恢复每周五晚上跟你们吃饭 |
[22:36] | Every Friday night, I will be here, seven o’clock on the dot. | 每个礼拜五晚上 七点 我会准点到场的 |
[22:38] | – Well, how wonderful. – We’ve missed you, Rory. | – 很不错 – 我们非常想念你 Rory |
[22:41] | I’ve missed you, too. So this should work out for everyone, right? | 我也想你们 那大家都同意了? |
[22:45] | Absolutely. We’re happy to do it. | 当然没问题 很高兴能帮你 |
[22:47] | – Not so fast. – Richard. | – 别着急 – Richard |
[22:49] | Oh, I’m happy to pay for Yale, but I don’t want it to be a loan. | 我很高兴可以帮你付耶鲁学费 但是不想弄成贷款 |
[22:53] | No, I don’t want that. I want it to be a loan, because otherwise it’s too easy. | 不行 那不是我想要的 我想要贷款 否则一切太容易了 |
[22:56] | Well, then here’s my counteroffer. | 那谈谈我的条件 |
[22:58] | Let’s make it a loan, but I insist that you not start paying it back | 这是贷款 但要等到你工作至少5年 |
[23:02] | until at least five years after you graduate. | 如果读硕士的话 就是本科毕业7年 |
[23:04] | Seven years if you go for your Master’s. | 再开始还款 |
[23:06] | That sounds fair, but I should pay interest. | 很公平 但我应该付利息 |
[23:09] | – No. – Grandpa. | – 不用 – 外公 |
[23:10] | You are not going to pay me interest on this money, no way. That’s a deal breaker. | 这笔钱你绝对不用付利息的 否则太煞风景了 |
[23:15] | – Okay. – Good. | – 好吧 – 很好 |
[23:18] | – Wonderful. – We have a deal. | – 太好了 – 咱们达成协议 |
[23:22] | Listen, if journalism doesn’t work out, you might consider working for me | 要是新闻学不适合你 可以考虑毕业后替我工作 |
[23:25] | after you graduate. You’ve got good deal-making skills. Eye of the tiger. | 你的谈判技巧不错 有着老虎一样的眼神 |
[23:28] | I’ll keep that in mind. | 我会记得的 |
[23:31] | – I should go. – Rory, does your mother know you’re here? | – 该走了 – Rory 你妈妈知道你来这里吗? |
[23:35] | This is my thing. | 这是我自己的事情 |
[23:37] | I’ll see you at the ceremony. | 毕业典礼见 |
[23:52] | Where do you wanna sit? | 你想坐哪里? |
[23:53] | Is there no special designated area for family and friends of the valedictorian? | 代表毕业生的家人好友没有特别的位置坐吗? |
[23:57] | Like a skybox or a velvet rope on one of the rows. | 包厢或者是有丝绒绳的某一排位子 |
[24:00] | We’re the Chilton equivalent of 50 Cent’s posse. Where are the boys? | 我们就是Chilton的50分乐队 男人们在哪里? |
[24:02] | Over there. | 在那边 |
[24:04] | They’re doing that thing guys do around fancy buildings. | 他们在做所有男人看到华丽建筑时 都会做的事情 |
[24:08] | – Talk about their construction. – The insurance costs. | – 谈谈建筑结构 – 保险成本 |
[24:10] | Hey guys, get over here. | 嘿 过来这里吧 |
[24:13] | Here’s a row. Let me see, how many seats do we need? | 这里有排空位 咱们需要多少位子? |
[24:16] | – You, me, Luke, Jackson. – That’s four. | – 你 我 Luke Jackson – 四个人 |
[24:18] | – Plus Picklepuss and Sauerkraut. – Your parents make six. | – 加上整天板着脸的泡菜和德国泡菜 – 加你的爸妈就是六个 |
[24:22] | These stones have to be carved by hand. | 这些石头一定是手工刻出的 |
[24:24] | Without the tools we have now. No electricity. | 可没有我们现在的工具 没有电 |
[24:26] | – Just pulleys and fulcrums. – Hey, Bob Vila, take a seat. | – 靠的都是滑轮和支点 – Bob Vila坐下吧 |
[24:29] | Okay, we have to vow not to make fun of any of the kids | 我们一定要发誓 别取笑其他的孩子 |
[24:32] | because inevitably their family will be sitting right behind us just like at the play. | 因为说不定他们的家人就坐在咱们背后 就像上次的演出那样 |
[24:36] | Right. The big-eared Romeo fiasco of ’98. Gotcha. | 是啊 98年那个大耳朵罗密欧烂得要命 不会再犯这个错了 |
[24:41] | Who’s paging you? | 谁找你? |
[24:43] | Maybe there’s a special surprise party | 说不定在典礼开始之前 有个专为毕业生代表的老妈准备的 |
[24:45] | for the valedictorian’s mom backstage before the ceremony. | 后台惊喜派对 |
[24:47] | – I bet there is. – I’ll be right back. | – 肯定有 – 我去去就回 |
[24:50] | – Wow, look at the gargoyles. – What? Wow, yeah. | – 看看那个怪兽状滴水嘴 – 什么东西? 是哦 |
[24:53] | Oh, now those have to be imported from Europe. | 那些一定是欧洲进口的 |
[24:55] | The insurance on this place must be astronomical. | 这个地方的保险费一定是天价 |
[25:00] | 奶妈你把孩子们都带来啦! 真开心看到你们 | |
[25:03] | Paris! | Paris! |
[25:05] | Ah, minha queride Elzira, Catarina. | 亲爱的Elzira Catarina |
[25:08] | E olindo Enrique, Antonio Banderas. | Enrique 你就跟安东尼奥班德拉斯一样帅 |
[25:13] | Oh, excuse me. Hi, I’m looking for Rory Gilmore. | 不好意思 我在找Rory Gilmore |
[25:15] | She’s the valedictorian. I’m her mom. | 她是代表毕业生 我是她妈妈 |
[25:18] | – Mom. – No, wait, go away. | – 妈 – 等等 走开 |
[25:20] | I wanna tell a bunch of other people that I’m the valedictorian’s mom | 我想让更多的知道 我是代表毕业生的妈妈 |
[25:22] | and I’m looking for you. | 而且我在找你 |
[25:23] | I’ve got good news I wanna tell you real quick. Come here. | 我有个好消息 想快点告诉你 过来这边 |
[25:27] | – Okay, you ready? – I hope so, ready for what? | – 你准备好了? – 我希望是的 准备好什么? |
[25:30] | – You’re getting your inn. – What? | – 你可以买你的客栈了 – 什么? |
[25:32] | Go put in the bid on the Dragonfly. | 去竞拍Dragonfly吧 |
[25:34] | You’ve got the money now, Grandpa’s money. | 你现在有钱了 外公的钱 |
[25:36] | What are you talking about? How do I have money? | 你在说什么啊? 我怎么会有钱? |
[25:38] | Grandma and Grandpa are paying for Yale. | 外公外婆会付耶鲁学费的 |
[25:39] | – Now wait a minute. – I explained the situation, | – 现在给我一分钟 – 我说了咱们的困境 |
[25:41] | they totally understand, and they’re loaning me the money for Yale. | 他们完全理解 还借钱给我上耶鲁 |
[25:43] | When did they approach you about this? | 他们什么时候找你谈这件事情的? |
[25:45] | – They didn’t. I approached them. – No. | – 是我去找他们的 – 不会吧 |
[25:47] | I just left them now. It’s a done deal, | 我刚从他们那边过来 都搞定了 |
[25:48] | so go make the call, put in the bid, before someone else does. | 所以去打电话竞拍吧 抢在其他人之前 |
[25:51] | Rory, honey, do you understand, the Gilmores do nothing altruistically. | Rory亲爱的 Gilmore家的人从来不会做崇高无私的事情 |
[25:55] | Strings are attached to everything. | 所有的事情都是有条件的 |
[25:56] | – There are no strings. – No strings? | – 这次没有附加条件 – 没有附加条件? |
[25:58] | No. I just have to pay them back starting five years after I graduate, | 没有 我只要在毕业5年之后开始还款 |
[26:01] | and I have to start going back for Friday night dinners. | 另外 我每周五晚上要去吃饭了 |
[26:03] | Hello, Pinocchio, those are strings. | 我的小匹诺曹 这都是附加条件啊 |
[26:05] | But it was my idea to resume the dinners, and I obligated just me. | 是我提出重新开始周五晚餐的 只要我去就可以了 |
[26:09] | – You are in no way apart of it. – This can’t happen, Rory. | – 你绝对不用来的 – Rory 这不可能的 |
[26:11] | I don’t want you to defer your dream. | 我不想耽搁你的梦想 |
[26:13] | You shouldn’t have done this behind my back. | 你不该背着我做这件事 |
[26:14] | Mom, Yale is my thing. I needed financing, I got it. | 妈 耶鲁是我自己的事 我需要经济资助 现在得到了 |
[26:17] | Oh, those people, those master manipulators. | 那两个家伙 真是操控别人的高手 |
[26:20] | Mom, this was my idea. I’m manipulating you. | 妈 这都是我的主意 我在操控你 |
[26:22] | They are manipulating you to manipulate me. | 他们操控你来控制我 |
[26:24] | – How are they doing that? – Rory, don’t you see? | – 他们怎么会呢? – Rory 你看不出来吗? |
[26:26] | If you go to Friday night dinners, Mom knows I’ll go to just to be with you. | 如果你周五去吃晚饭的话 我妈知道我会跟着去的 |
[26:30] | – She wasn’t thinking that. – They’re getting exactly what they want. | – 她不是这么想的 – 他们得到了想要的一切 |
[26:33] | Don’t you see? We’re all getting exactly what we want. | 你看不出来吗? 我们每个人都得到了自己想要的 |
[26:35] | It’s a win-win-win situation. | 这是三赢的局面啊 |
[26:37] | – It’s not. – It is. | – 不是的 – 就是 |
[26:38] | Okay, maybe, maybe it is. | 好吧 也许是的 |
[26:40] | But just once, just once, I want you to get exactly what you want, | 但就那么一回 就一回 我多希望你能得到自己想要的 |
[26:44] | and me to get exactly what I want, and them to get nothing. | 我得到我想要的 而他们什么都得不到 |
[26:47] | Well, we’ll see if we can’t arrange that sometime. | 有时候我们可能做不到那样 |
[26:49] | But the ceremony’s about to start, I better get back out there. | 典礼马上要开始了 我该过去了 |
[26:52] | And go buy that inn! | 记得把客栈买下来哦! |
[27:02] | Didn’t you see Sookie? We’ve got seats all saved. | 你们没有看到Sookie吗? 我们留好位子了 |
[27:05] | Yes, but we didn’t know if the whole seating issue had been resolved. | 看到了 但我们不知道座位已经定好了 |
[27:08] | It was. Come on. | 是定好了 过来吧 |
[27:09] | I don’t remember it being fully resolved either. | 我也不记得定好了 |
[27:11] | It was. Come on. | 的的确确定好了 过来吧 |
[27:12] | We didn’t know if you’d changed your mind. | 我们不知道你改主意了 |
[27:13] | – I didn’t. Come on. – It wasn’t crystal clear. | – 我没改主意 来吧 – 是不怎么明了 |
[27:15] | – Fine, just stay there. – You’re not serious. | – 那你们就呆那边好了 – 你开玩笑的吧 |
[27:29] | Mom, Dad, you’ve met everyone here. | 爸妈 这里的人你都见过了 |
[27:31] | Sookie Jackson Luke Sookie, Jackson, Luke. | |
[27:33] | – How ya doing? – No… Christopher? | – 你们好 – 怎么…没看到Christopher? |
[27:36] | No, he’s out of town, but he’s having us tons of pictures | 他刚好不在镇上 但他嘱咐我们多拍照了 |
[27:39] | and order him the official video and we may even come back | 帮他预订正式的典礼录像 |
[27:42] | and reenact the whole thing when he gets home. Now sit, relax. | 等他回来的时候 我们说不定会再重现一次典礼过程 坐下 好好歇歇 |
[27:47] | Sookie, long story short, and a partially painful story at that, | Sookie 长话短说 也算是个有点痛苦的故事 |
[27:51] | and hang onto your hat, but we can now put a bid in on the Dragonfly. | 也许你不信 但我们现在又可以竞拍Dragonfly了 |
[27:54] | – What? Are you kidding? – No. | – 什么? 你开玩笑吗? – 没有 |
[27:57] | – How? What happened? – I can’t go into it now. | – 怎么可能? 怎么回事? – 我现在不能说 |
[27:59] | Okay, I’ve gotta tell you, even with the champagne and the Herb Albert, | 哇塞 我告诉你哦 这几天来我一直很失落 |
[28:02] | I’ve been depressed for days. I couldn’t watch the Dating Game anymore. | 哪怕是香槟和Herb Alpert的音乐也帮不上忙 我连约会游戏节目都不看了 |
[28:04] | That’s all changed now. | 现在完全好了 |
[28:06] | I’ll go call the attorney. You sit back and relax and enjoy the graduation. | 我去打电话给律师 你坐安稳了 好好享受毕业典礼 |
[28:14] | This will not happen again, promise. | 我保证再不会这样了 |
[28:20] | You’re gonna have to move over one more chair to be part of the group, guys. | 你们是不是该往这边挪一个位子 好跟我们坐一起啊? |
[28:23] | Oh, I thought maybe someone else was coming. | 我以为还有其他人来的 |
[28:25] | No. | 没有了 |
[28:26] | – You sure? – Yes. | – 你确定? – 确定 |
[28:27] | Because if there is, it would be awkward to move during the ceremony. | 如果有的话 在典礼进行到一半的时候挪 会很尴尬的 |
[28:30] | Yes, I know what awkward is. | 我知道有多尴尬的 |
[28:36] | – What Mom? – Nothing. | – 妈 又怎么了? – 没什么 |
[28:39] | That man in front of me is extraordinarily tall, don’t you think? | 坐我前面的男人是不是特别高啊? |
[28:56] | The middle one, Catarina, she bowled a 143 last week. | 中间那个是Catarina 她上个礼拜打保龄球打到了143分 |
[28:59] | Impressive. | 厉害 |
[29:00] | Sorry. I was here before a lot of you, it just looks like I’m late. | 对不起 我比你们很多人都早到 就是现在看来好像迟到了 |
[29:05] | Appearances can be deceiving. So sorry. | 表相常常会骗人的 对不起 |
[29:08] | Real estate agent wasn’t in, so I left a message. | 地产中介不在 我留言了 |
[29:10] | – Rats. – Did Rory walk in? | – 胡扯 – Rory进场了吗? |
[29:12] | Yeah, first row. | 进了 第一排 |
[29:13] | Right in front of the kid with the humongous… the really cute kid. | 就在那个孩子的前面 那个有着奇大无比的… 那个很可爱的孩子 |
[29:18] | Darn, I wanted to get a picture of her walking in. I’ll get some of her in her seat. | 该死 我想拍张她进场照片的 我去拍些她坐着的照片 |
[29:23] | Excuse me. Sorry. I’m not like this. | 对不起 借过 我平常不这样的 |
[29:27] | Today I am. I’m with the valedictorian, so… | 今天不好意思了 我是跟毕业生代表家属一起的… |
[29:31] | Invited guests, fellow faculty, | 尊敬的来宾 各位教师员工 |
[29:34] | honored attendees and students, | 尊敬的学生和家长们 |
[29:36] | welcome to the Chilton Academy graduating class ceremony of 2003. | 欢迎参加Chilton高中2003届学生毕业典礼 |
[29:45] | This year’s class is a distinguished assemblage, | 本届毕业生表现优秀 |
[29:47] | equal to or surpassing what has proceeded it. | 达到甚至超越了他们的前辈 |
[29:50] | In its 200-year history, | 在学校200年的历史中 |
[29:52] | Chilton has not failed to produce a class that brings only honor to these grounds | Chilton的毕业生一直给我们带来荣誉 |
[29:57] | and to the academy’s fine traditions. | 维护着学院的优良传统 |
[29:59] | To begin, I would like to invite the student body president Paris Gellar | 首先 让我们邀请学生会主席Paris Gellar |
[30:03] | to lead us in the Pledge of Allegiance. | 上台带领我们进行对国家的效忠宣誓 |
[30:05] | Paris? | Paris? |
[30:06] | As his parting shot to me, Charleston never responded | 作为告别礼物 Charleston没有回复 |
[30:09] | to the three aspects of the pledge that I had an objection to and considered rewriting. | 我想重写的誓言中的三个要点 |
[30:13] | That’s not going to stop me from using air quotes. | 我还是会打手势引号来表示反对的 |
[30:20] | Through good times and bad, Chilton formed us, | 无论美好还是黑暗 Chilton造就了我们 |
[30:22] | brought us hope, honed our insight, gave us encouragement. | 带给我们希望 磨炼我们的见识 给予我们勇气 |
[30:25] | Though my time here was briefly interrupted by my period spent on Broadway | 虽然我曾经因为去百老汇 跟Stephen Sondheim一起 |
[30:28] | hanging out with Stephen Sondheim, | 进而中断过这里的学习 |
[30:29] | I still consider Chilton the most rewarding experience of my young life. | 我仍然将在Chilton的经历视为 我年轻人生中最有意义的一段岁月 |
[30:34] | Now it had always been my plan in closing to recite a short poem I’d written. | 我一直打算在结束前朗诵一首我写的小诗 |
[30:38] | – But you reconsidered. – Come on, Brad. Go out a winner. | – 但你重新考虑过了 – Brad 来吧 向冠军冲刺 |
[30:41] | But as I read it aloud, I realized the sentiments I wanted to share | 但等我把它大声读出来后 我意识到我最想和同学们分享 |
[30:44] | with my fellow students were better expressed in a favorite song of mine. | 我最喜欢的歌曲的片段 |
[30:49] | Cherish is the word I use to describe… | 我曾经用感恩来描述… |
[30:53] | – Bong, bong. Bong, bong. – Oh, Brad. | – 乓 乓 乓 乓 – 哦 Brad |
[30:57] | All the feelings that I have hiding here for you inside, bong, bong, bong. | 我为你隐藏在内心深处的所有感觉 乓 乓 乓 乓 |
[31:03] | You don’t know how many times I’ve wished that I had told you… | 你不知道有多少次我希望我能告诉你… |
[31:07] | It’s a distinct pleasure for me to introduce to you our valedictorian. | 现在我很荣幸地向各位介绍 我们的毕业致辞者 |
[31:10] | This young lady was a second-year transfer from a modest school | 这位年轻的女士是2年级时从普通学校转来的 |
[31:14] | where she distinguished herself immeasurably. | 在那里她就显示出与众不同 |
[31:16] | She is humble, hard working, competitive when need be, | 她谦虚 勤劳 必要时干劲十足 |
[31:20] | and unparalleled in her academic achievements. | 而且学业成绩又是无比的优秀 |
[31:23] | Ladies and Gentlemen, Rory Gilmore. | 女士们 先生们 Rory Gilmore |
[31:35] | – Not crying, right? – Not crying. | – 不哭 好吗 – 不哭 |
[31:36] | Keeping our cool so we don’t miss anything. | 保持冷静 这样才不会错过什么 |
[31:39] | – Tears get in your eyes. – Then you miss things. | – 眼睛里积满泪水 – 你就会错过什么 |
[31:42] | – So we’re not crying. – Not crying. | – 那我们就不哭 – 不哭 |
[31:44] | – Not crying. – Not crying. | – 不哭 – 不哭 |
[31:46] | – Not crying. – What? | – 不哭 – 什么? |
[31:47] | – No crying. – I’m not crying. | – 不哭 – 我没哭 |
[31:49] | Headmaster Charleston, faculty members, | Charleston校长 各位老师 |
[31:51] | fellow students, family and friends, welcome. | 同学们 家人和朋友们 欢迎你们 |
[31:54] | We never thought this day would come. | 我们从未想过这一天会来临 |
[31:57] | We prayed for its quick delivery, crossed days off our calendars, | 我们曾祈祷时间能快点过去 在日历上划去一天又一天 |
[32:00] | counted hours, minutes, and seconds, and now that it’s here, | 计算着分分秒秒 而现在它终于到来了 |
[32:03] | I’m sorry it is because it means leaving friends who inspire me | 我感到很遗憾 因为这意味着要离开激励我的朋友 |
[32:06] | and teachers who have been my mentors – | 我那良师益友般的老师 |
[32:08] | so many people who have shaped my life | 有那么多的人曾经影响过我的生活 |
[32:10] | and my fellow students’ lives impermeably and forever. | 而我的学生生涯是永远不会改变的 |
[32:13] | I live in two worlds. One is a world of books. | 我生活在两个世界 一个是书本的世界 |
[32:16] | I’ve been a resident of Faulkner’s Yoknapatawpha County, | 我曾经是福克纳笔下的Yoknapatawpha小镇的居民 |
[32:20] | hunted the white whale aboard the Pequod, fought alongside Napoleon, | 在Pequod号上捕过白鲸 和拿破仑一起打仗 |
[32:23] | sailed a raft with Huck and Jim, committed absurdities with Ignatius J. Reilly, | 与哈克和吉姆在小筏上漂流 和Ignatius J. Reilly一起忠诚于荒谬 |
[32:27] | rode a sad train with Anna Karenina, | 和安娜卡列尼娜一起登上伤心列车 |
[32:29] | and strolled down Swann’s Way. | 在史潢的路上散步 |
[32:32] | It’s a rewarding world, but my second one is by far superior. | 那是一个有益的世界 但我的第二个世界更加出色 |
[32:36] | My second one is populated with characters slightly less eccentric but supremely real, | 我的第二个世界住满了 有些古怪但更加真实的角色 |
[32:40] | made of flesh and bone, full of love, who are my ultimate inspiration for everything. | 有血有肉 充满爱 是我做好每件事情的灵感之源 |
[32:46] | Richard and Emily Gilmore are kind, decent, unfailingly generous people. | Richard和Emily Gilmore是善良 大方 慷慨的人 |
[32:50] | They are my twin pillars without whom I could not stand. | 没有他们这两个支柱 我不可能站在这里 |
[32:53] | I am proud to be their grandchild. | 作为他们的外孙女 我感到很骄傲 |
[32:55] | But my ultimate inspiration comes from my best friend, | 但我最大的激励 来自我最好的朋友 |
[32:58] | the dazzling woman from whom I received my name | 从那位耀眼的女性那里 我得到我的名字 |
[33:01] | and my life’s blood, Lorelai Gilmore. | 我的生命 Lorelai Gilmore |
[33:05] | Hang in there. | 撑住 |
[33:06] | My mother never gave me any idea that I couldn’t do whatever | 我的母亲从来没在我不能做什么 |
[33:09] | I wanted to do or be whomever I wanted to be. | 我想做什么或者是我想成为谁上发表意见 |
[33:11] | She filled our house with love and fun and books and music, | 她用爱 快乐 书籍和音乐填满我们的家 |
[33:15] | unflagging in her efforts to give me role models | 她不曲不挠的努力给我塑造榜样 |
[33:17] | from Jane Austen to Eudora Welty to Patti Smith. | 从简 奥斯汀到尤多拉・韦尔蒂 到Patti Smith |
[33:21] | As she guided me through these incredible eighteen years, | 是她指引我度过这难以置信的18年 |
[33:24] | I don’t know if she ever realized that the person I most wanted to be was her. | 我不知道她是否意识到 我最想成为的人 就是她 |
[33:28] | – Not crying. – Crying a little. | – 不哭 – 有点哭了 |
[33:31] | Crying a little, but not blubbering. | 哭了一点 但没有号啕 |
[33:33] | That’s what we meant when we said no crying, no blubbering. | 这就是当我们说不哭 不号啕的意思 |
[33:35] | Thank you, Mom. You are my guidepost for everything. | 谢谢你 妈妈 你是我人生的路标 |
[33:39] | On the verge of blubbering here. | 到了号啕的边缘了 |
[33:41] | Not doing too well myself. | 我自己也不怎么样 |
[33:43] | Not you, too. | 你不要也哭啊 |
[33:45] | I’m blubbering, you’re freaks. | 我要号啕了 你们这些怪物 |
[33:47] | As we prepare ourselves today to leave… | 今天我们准备好离开… |
[33:49] | Allegra Grace Fass. | Allegra Grace Fass. |
[33:51] | I swear, I do not recognize half of these people. | 我发誓 有一半的人我都不认识 |
[33:53] | Hey. What’s your name, what’s your story? | 嘿 你叫什么名字 有点啥故事? |
[33:56] | – Where is she, do you see her? – She’s the one in the robe. | – 她在哪里 你看到她了吗? – 她是穿着袍子的那一位 |
[33:59] | Lorelai, please. | Lorelai 拜托了 |
[34:00] | She’s lost in a sea of blue polyester, Mom. | 妈妈 她迷失在蓝色的海洋里了 |
[34:03] | I couldn’t point her out if I wanted to. | 即使我想做都无法把她认出来 |
[34:04] | Richard, how much to insure all this? | Richard 这个地方的保险要花多少钱? |
[34:06] | The insurance is probably not prohibitive, | 虽然不一定是天文数字 |
[34:08] | but the deductibles would be enormous. Well into six figures. | 但免赔额肯定很高 也许要六位数 |
[34:11] | Six figures? | 六位数? |
[34:12] | – That’s like having no insurance at all. – So if there was a fire… | – 那就像什么保险都没有一样 – 所以如果发生一场火灾的话 |
[34:15] | Guys, please stop assessing the value of the building and pay attention. | 伙计们 不要再估计建筑物的价值了 注意点 |
[34:18] | – Rory’s coming up. – Ooh, ooh, sorry. | – 就要轮到Rory了 – 噢 噢 对不起 |
[34:20] | I wanna get a closer shot of her getting her diploma. | 我想在她拿到毕业证的时候来个特写 |
[34:22] | Ooh, sorry, sorry, | 噢 对不起 对不起 |
[34:26] | I suck, I’m sorry. | 我该死 很抱歉 |
[34:29] | – Paris Eustace Gellar. – Finally, a name I recognize. | – Paris Eustace Gellar – 终于有个认识的名字了 |
[34:38] | – Congratulations, Paris. – No hard feelings. | – 祝贺你 Paris – 没什么好难过的 |
[34:44] | – Lorelai Leigh Gilmore. – This is it. | – 来了 |
[34:47] | – She looks so solemn. – Like a Gilmore. | – 她看上去很严肃 – 像个Gilmore家的 |
[34:53] | – Congratulations, Rory. – Thank you, Headmaster. | – 祝贺你 Rory – 谢谢你校长 |
[34:57] | Diana Christine Godby | Diana Christine Godby. |
[35:00] | – Lorelai, really. – I taught her everything I know. | – Lorelai 说真的 – 我教了她我所知道的一切 |
[35:03] | Honest to God, last time. Sorry. | 老实说 是最后一次 对不起 |
[35:11] | Oh my God. I need a pen. I don’t have a pen. Luke, give me your pen. | 噢 我的天 我需要支笔 我没有笔 Luke 给我支笔 |
[35:16] | – I don’t have a pen. – Where’s the pen you take orders with? | – 我没有笔 – 你填单子的笔在哪里? |
[35:19] | You have got to stop assuming that I take pens with me everywhere I go. | 你得停止假设无论我去哪里都会带着笔 |
[35:22] | – Never be without a pen. – Thank you, Dad. | – 从来都不会不带笔 – 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[35:35] | Really, Lorelai, how many more times are you gonna do that? | Lorelai 你还打算像那样做几次? |
[35:38] | I think about six. | 我想是6次吧 |
[35:41] | Class of 2003, give yourself a hand! | 2003届 尽情欢呼吧 |
[35:53] | How was my speech? | 我的演讲怎么样 |
[35:54] | It made everyone cry, including stone cold Luke. | 每个人都哭了 包括铁石心肠的Luke |
[35:58] | – Luke, you old softy. – I will never live this down. | – Luke 你个老傻瓜 – 被你们抓住把柄了 |
[36:01] | – Not with me in your life. – I gotta go, I gotta get back to the diner. | – 有我在你别想逃 – 我得走了 我得回餐馆去了 |
[36:03] | – Thanks for coming, Luke. – Oh, sure. The building’s amazing. | – Luke 谢谢你能来 – 噢 当然 这里的楼很不错 |
[36:08] | – So are you. – Thanks. | – 你也是 – 谢谢 |
[36:13] | It really was great of you to come, Luke. It meant a lot to her. | Luke 你能来真得是太棒了 这对她意味着很多 |
[36:17] | It was fun. | 很有趣 |
[36:20] | So if I don’t see you, have fun on your trip with Nicole. | 如果到时候碰不到你 先祝你和Nicole旅行开心 |
[36:23] | Oh, we may not go now. | 噢 我们现在也许不走了 |
[36:25] | What? You were really looking forward to it. | 什么? 你不是一直期待的吗? |
[36:26] | I don’t know if the timing’s right and… things are kinda weird right now. | 我不敢肯定时间是否合适 而且 现在事情变得有点奇怪 |
[36:30] | – Oh no. – What? | – 哦 不 – 什么? |
[36:32] | It’s because I teased you about the commitment thing and proposing. I ruined it. | 是因为我跟你提起的承诺和求婚的事情 是我不好 |
[36:35] | No, that’s not it. | 不 不是因为这个 |
[36:36] | Please, promise me that’s not it. It would break my heart. | 求你了 向我保证不是这个 会伤了我的心 |
[36:38] | But you weren’t wrong about that. | 但是你并没有错 |
[36:40] | It got me thinking and it is kind of like committing to her. | 这使我思考而且这有点像对她的承诺 |
[36:44] | – So? – I don’t wanna lead her on. | – 那么? – 我不打算追她 |
[36:46] | But you like her, Luke. You like her a lot, don’t you? | 但你喜欢她 Luke 你很喜欢她 不是吗? |
[36:49] | – Yeah, she’s great. – Then go. | – 是的 她很棒 – 那行动吧 |
[36:51] | No matter what she’s reading into it. | 不管她怎么想 |
[36:53] | Really? You think that’s okay considering… | 真得吗? 你觉得那样可以是因为… |
[36:56] | I don’t know… everything? | 我不知道…没理由? |
[37:00] | Yeah, I do. | 是啊 没错 |
[37:02] | Oh, okay. I’ll probably go then. | 好吧 那我也许应该去 |
[37:05] | Good. | 好吧 |
[37:06] | I guess I was just nervous about nothing. | 我猜我是白紧张了 |
[37:08] | That’s what I think, too. | 我也是这么认为的 |
[37:10] | – I’ll see ya in a couple months. – Yeah, I’ll see you then. | – 一两个月后见 – 到时候见 |
[37:20] | I guess we should say our goodbyes. | 我想我们应该互相道别 |
[37:22] | Nanny made me a special dinner. She makes a mean farturas. | 奶奶给我准备了一道特别的晚餐 她做了很难吃的farturas |
[37:26] | Well, good, I’m glad you found me. I wanted to say goodbye, too. | 哦 太好了 我和高兴你能找到我 我也想说再见 |
[37:28] | Good. Well, good luck. | 很好 那么 祝你好运 |
[37:31] | You know, it’s weird, | 这有点奇怪 |
[37:34] | – most of the time I really hated you. – Yeah, I really hated you, too. | – 大部分的时候我真的很讨厌你 – 是的 我也真的很讨厌你 |
[37:45] | Well, I think it might be time to present Rory with her graduation gift. | 我认为是时候让Rory和她的毕业礼物见面了 |
[37:51] | Oh, you guys didn’t have to get me anything. | 你们不需要给我任何东西 |
[37:52] | Nonsense. | 说什么呢 |
[37:53] | This one wouldn’t fit in an envelope, so follow me please. | 这个东西放不到信封里的 请跟我来 |
[37:57] | We’re really excited about this one. | 我们真的非常激动 |
[37:59] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[38:00] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:02] | Rory, there is your gift. It’s the one with the bow. | Rory 这是你的礼物 有蝴蝶结的那辆 |
[38:07] | – Grandpa. – Richard. | – 外公 – Richard |
[38:09] | Oh, for Pete’s sake. Well, it was the only one there when I drove it up. | 噢 上帝 我开进来的时候还没有别的车呢啊 |
[38:13] | You should’ve put a more distinctive bow on it. | 你应该放个更有特点的蝴蝶结 |
[38:15] | Well, how was I supposed to know that every kid at Chilton was getting a car? | 我怎么知道所有Chilton的孩子都会得到车呢 |
[38:18] | – You got me a car? – We got you a car. | – 你们给我买了一辆车? – 我们给你买了一辆车 |
[38:21] | That’s amazing. Thank you. | 太令人惊讶了 谢谢你们 |
[38:24] | Thank you. Which one is it? | 谢谢你们 哪一辆是? |
[38:27] | Or did you get her one for every day of the week like the underwear? | 还是像内衣一样 每天一辆? |
[38:30] | We got her one car. It’s a little Prius. It’s safe, it gets great gas mileage. | 只有一辆啦 是辆普锐斯 它很安全 油耗低 |
[38:35] | And it’s the one that Leonardo DiCaprio drives. | 它还是莱昂纳多・迪卡普里奥开过的 |
[38:37] | Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you guys. | 噢 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 我爱你们大家 |
[38:40] | – We love you, too. – And don’t forget to call about… | – 我们也爱你 – 别忘了打电话 关于… |
[38:43] | Insurance. I’ll do it the second I get home. | 保险 我一回到家就做 |
[38:45] | Good. Congratulations, Rory. | 祝贺你 Rory |
[38:47] | And thank you for your speech. | 还要谢谢你的演说 |
[38:50] | You’re welcome. I meant it, thank you for everything. | 不客气 我说的都是真心的 谢谢 |
[38:52] | Have fun in Europe. | 在欧洲玩得愉快 |
[38:53] | – Both of you. – Thank you, Mom. | – 你们两个都是 – 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[38:55] | – When do you get back? – The 27th. | – 你们什么时候回来? – 27号 |
[38:57] | Terrific. We’ll see you that Friday for dinner. | 太不幸了 我们周五晚餐时见 |
[39:04] | Explain the win-win-win thing again. | 再解释一下三赢的事情 |
[39:05] | Everybody wins, that’s what it is. | 每个人都是赢家 就这样 |
[39:16] | – A hang up? – Yeah. | – 电话挂了? – 是的 |
[39:18] | You’re getting a lot of those lately. | 你最近有很多这样的电话 |
[39:30] | Jess, is that you? | Jess 是你吗? |
[39:34] | Jess, I’m pretty sure it’s you and I’m pretty sure you’ve been calling | Jess 我敢肯定是你 我敢肯定最近打电话 |
[39:36] | and not saying anything but wanna say something. Hello? | 什么都不说 但又想说点什么的是你 喂? |
[39:42] | You’re not going to talk? Fine, I’ll talk. | 你不打算说话? 好吧 我来说 |
[39:44] | You didn’t handle things right at all. You could’ve talked to me. | 你一点都没有把事情办好 你本来可以跟我说的 |
[39:47] | You could’ve told me that you were having trouble in school | 你本来可以告诉我你在学校有麻烦 |
[39:49] | and weren’t going to graduate, and that your dad had been there, | 没办法毕业 你爸爸也到学校去过了 |
[39:52] | but you didn’t. And you ended up not taking me to my prom | 但你没有 而你也没带我去毕业舞会 |
[39:55] | and not coming to my graduation and leaving again without saying goodbye again, | 没来我的毕业典礼 再一次不说再见就离开 |
[39:59] | and that’s fine, I get it, but that’s it for me. | 很好 我明白 但就这样了 |
[40:02] | I’m going to Europe tomorrow and I’m going to Yale and I’m moving on. | 我明天要去欧洲 我要去耶鲁 我要开始新的生活 |
[40:06] | And I’m not going to pine. I hope you didn’t think I was going to pine, okay? | 而我不会去Pine镇的 我希望你也别认为我会去Pine镇 好吗? |
[40:10] | I think… | 我想… |
[40:13] | I think I may have loved you, but I just need to let it go. | 我想我也许爱过你 但我现在只能放手了 |
[40:22] | So, that’s it, I guess. | 就说那么多吧 |
[40:26] | I hope you’re good. I want you to be good, and… | 我希望你一切都好 想让你变好而且 |
[40:30] | Okay, so, goodbye. | 好吧 那么 再见 |
[40:33] | That word sounds really lame and stupid right now, but there it is. | 这些话听上去蹩脚而愚蠢 但就是我想说的 |
[40:36] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[40:56] | Hey. You okay? | 嘿 你还好吗? |
[40:58] | I’m okay. | 我很好 |
[40:59] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[41:00] | But Sookie and Jackson are out that way. | 但Sookie和Jackson在那边 |
[41:02] | I wanna go back a different way, come on. | 我想从别的方向走 来吧 |
[41:05] | I thought we were going home. | 我以为我们要回家了呢 |
[41:06] | I just wanna make one more stop before we do. | 回家之前我还想去一个地方 |
[41:13] | – Hey, Luke. – Lorelai, hi. Where’s Rory? | – 嘿 Luke – 嗨 Lorelai Rory在哪儿? |
[41:16] | Oh, out in the car. | 噢 外面的车上 |
[41:18] | Oh. It was a really nice ceremony, wasn’t it? | 噢 真是很帮的仪式 不是吗? |
[41:20] | Yeah, it was beautiful. | 是的 很美丽 |
[41:23] | What’s up? | 出什么事了? |
[41:25] | I just wanted to say something to you in case | 我只想跟你说点事情 |
[41:28] | we don’t see each other before you go on your trip. | 免得在你开始旅行之前我们见不到面 |
[41:31] | Sure, what? | 当然 怎么了 |
[41:33] | Don’t get engaged. | 别订婚 |
[41:36] | What, why? | 什么 为什么? |
[41:42] | Lorelai? | Lorelai? |
[41:56] | – Mom, wait. – Hurry, hurry. | – 妈妈 等等 – 快点 快点 |
[41:58] | This outfit produces a lot of wind resistance. | 这套衣服带来了很大的风阻 |
[42:02] | – What are we doing? – Leaving our mark. Got a knife? | – 我们要做什么 – 留下我们名字的缩写 带小刀了吗? |
[42:04] | A knife? For what? | 小刀? 为什么? |
[42:06] | Carving our initials. Come on, knife, knife. | 刻下我们的起点 快点 刀 刀 |
[42:07] | Like the switchblade I keep in my sock? No, I left it at home. | 我放在袜子里的瑞士刀吗? 不 我放在家里了 |
[42:10] | I must have something in here. | 我一定要在这里留点什么 |
[42:13] | – Ah, safety pin, perfect. – We can’t do this. | – 啊 安全别针 太好了 – 我们不能这么做 |
[42:15] | Yes, we can. People need to know we were here. | 不 我们可以 人们要知道我们曾在这里呆过 |
[42:19] | – I’m in the yearbook. – How about the wall? | – 我在年鉴里出现了 – 墙上怎么样? |
[42:22] | No, that’s too out in the open. They’ll trace it back to us. | 不 这样太公开了 他们会调查到我们的 |
[42:25] | They’ll see LG and RG and figure out it was us? | 他们会看到LG和RG并猜出是我们吗? |
[42:27] | – They’re are no dorks here. – Somewhere in the floor? | – 他们可不是吃干饭的 – 地板上的什么地方呢 |
[42:29] | This marble is two hundred years old. Harriet Beecher Stowe walked on this marble. | 这大理石有200年了 Harriet Beecher Stowe在这上面走过 |
[42:34] | The banister. | 栏杆 |
[42:36] | Was donated by Robert Frost. | Robert Frost捐赠的 |
[42:39] | The sconce. | 烛台 |
[42:40] | Was ceremonially lit for the first time by Thomas Edison. | 是Thomas Edison首次在仪式上点亮的 |
[42:43] | Geez, is there anything in this whole room | 那这个房间还有什么东西 |
[42:45] | that some famous dead person didn’t have something to do with. | 是和已故的名人是没什么关系的 |
[42:47] | Cool it, cool it. And this is some very interesting architectural do-dads and hoo-ha’s. | 冷静 冷静 这些非常有趣的建筑用来…和… |
[42:52] | – And wingdings and tum-tum’s. – That was close. | – 还有狂欢和… – 真险啊 |
[42:54] | Look, just carve it really tiny here on the baseboard of the wall, | 听着 只要把它轻轻刻在墙下的护板上 |
[42:58] | and do it reversed, so GL and GR. | 并反过来 那么就是GL和GR |
[43:03] | Oh, maybe it’s not such a good idea. | 噢 也许这不是个很好的注意 |
[43:05] | The madness passes. | 疯狂劲儿上来了 |
[43:06] | Hey, you guys coming? Party at your place, right? | 嘿 你们回来吗? 在你家开派对对吧? |
[43:09] | – Party? – Just a little gathering. | – 派对? – 就是小小的聚一下 |
[43:11] | Cool. | 很酷 |
[43:12] | We’ll meet you back at our house. | 我们在家里等你们回来 |
[43:13] | Okay, see you there. | 好了 到时候见 |
[43:15] | Wait, wait. | 等一下 |
[43:18] | Look around for a second. | 看看四周 |
[43:21] | Notice? | 注意到了吗? |
[43:23] | Notice what? | 注意到什么? |
[43:25] | It’s not so scary anymore. | 这里不再让人担惊受怕了 |
[43:29] | No, it’s not. | 是的 不再会了 |
[43:41] | Synchro : Amariss – www.foromfr.com – | |
[06:13] | Rolling. | 开拍 C Chilton毕业班同学们 这一年… |