时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | “吉尔莫女孩” 前情回顾 | |
[00:02] | – 你早就惦记我了 – 我才没呢 | |
[00:06] | – 找什么呢 – 一本巨无聊的书 | |
[00:08] | – 那谁啊 – Luke | |
[00:10] | – Luke这时候在有点早啊 除非…住那了 – 哦 是的 | |
[00:15] | 新的镇政委产生了! | |
[00:19] | 我到底在这干嘛呢 我不想做镇政委 | |
[00:23] | 我喜欢你 Zack 这种喜欢不只是 单纯的乐队成员或朋友 觉得告诉你比较好 | |
[00:28] | 你爸搬到泳池那个屋子去了 | |
[00:29] | – 外公真的住在这? – 看起来是的 | |
[00:32] | – 你觉得他开心吗 – 说实话 是的 他在这有书看还有特别的朋友 | |
[00:37] | – 嗨 Rory 你有男朋友吗? – 我不知道 | |
[00:45] | – Dean怎么样? – 挺好的 | |
[00:47] | – 哦 好啊 蛮好 – 你干嘛那样问Dean怎么样 | |
[00:50] | – 怎么问的 – Dean~怎么样哇~ | |
[00:52] | 不知道 我在努力让Rory觉得我不在意 结果却听起来对这状况格外担心 | |
[01:02] | It’s getting the word out to the business community that we’re here – that’s the key. | 我们得让商业圈子知道有我们 这才是关键 |
[01:06] | We’ve got to draw them in with the things that they like – amenities. | 得用点他们喜欢的东西把他们吸引进来 舒适 |
[01:08] | What does a businessman want when they travel? Booze, and hookers. Anything else? | 商业人士们出差的时候最想要什么? 喝酒 找小姐 还有其他吗? |
[01:12] | – I think that covers it. – We got booze. How do we get hookers? | – 我看就这些 – 酒我们有不少 小姐上哪找 |
[01:15] | How about a banner up front that reads “Hoes up at the Dragonfly”? | 上面写着”喂 Dragonfly有好戏”的招牌? |
[01:18] | Or we tell them Bill Maher’s here. | 或者我们告诉他们Bill Maher在这里 |
[01:19] | They’d come a-flocking. | 他们会蜂拥过来 |
[01:21] | Maybe we’re in too silly a mood to be discussing such serious stuff. | 可能我们现在是太无聊了 才讨论这么严肃的问题 |
[01:25] | You think? | 你这么觉得? |
[01:26] | Oh hey Jackson, what would you do to lure more businessmen to the Dragonfly? | 嘿 Jackson 你会用什么手段 吸引那些商业人士到Dragonfly来? |
[01:30] | Besides inviting Bill Maher. | 除了邀请Bill Maher |
[01:32] | What do I look like, the Shell Answer Man? | 我看起来像发言人么 |
[01:34] | Everybody’s gotta have a piece of Jackson. Well, he’s got nothing left, I tell you, nothing. | 人人都要分上一份Jackson 他什么都不剩了 我告诉你 什么都不剩 |
[01:38] | His town selectman duties are starting to wear on him. | 他镇政委的责任开始有他忙了 |
[01:40] | – That’s why the fancy duds? – He’s got functions every day and meetings and hearings. | – 所以才这么西装革履? – 他每天都有宣传啊会议啊听证会的 |
[01:44] | I tried to work in a nice suicide, but my schedule wouldn’t allow it. | 我想好好自杀一次 不过我的行程表不允许 |
[01:46] | – Ugh, that sound’s death to me. – Don’t answer it. | – 哈 死亡来敲门了 – 别接 |
[01:49] | Could be a customer. | 可能是客户呢 |
[01:51] | Hello? | 喂? |
[01:52] | Yes, Mrs. Cassini. I got the note about the playground equipment. | 是 Cassini 先生 我收到关于操场器械的通知了 |
[01:56] | – Oh God, is that blood? – It’s tomato. It happens daily. Disrobe. | – 天啊 那是血么 – 番茄酱 每天都这样 脱掉 |
[02:00] | So you say your granddaughter fell off the ducky? | 你孙女从鸭子上掉下来了? |
[02:03] | Oh, she fell off the piggy and she whacked her arm on the ducky. | 哦 她从小猪身上掉下来 手臂撞在在鸭子上 |
[02:06] | Uh-huh. I see. | 嗯哼 知道了 |
[02:08] | Well, the first thing I would do is question the horsy, ’cause he’s right next to the piggy | 我要做的第一件事就是问问马 因为它就在小猪身边 |
[02:12] | and is our most reliable witness. | 是我们最可靠的证人 |
[02:14] | No, there’s nothing funny about that, Mrs. Cassini. Nothing whatsoever. | 不 这一点也不可笑 Cassini先生 完全没有 |
[02:18] | Arms up, big boy. | 手抬起来 大小伙子 |
[02:21] | No, a little girl being thrown from a pink, spring-loaded, bobbling piggy toy | 不 一小女孩从个粉红 带弹簧的 摇动小猪玩具上掉下来 |
[02:26] | is very serious business. Yes, Mrs. Cassini. | 这是件非常严重的事情 是的 Cassini先生 |
[02:29] | – I don’t think that’s gonna come out. – Poor guy. He’s only got two dress shirts. | – 我觉得这样弄不掉 – 可怜的家伙 他只有两件衬衫 |
[02:33] | Well, maybe a big old bloodstain will help him. | 嗯 可能一大滩血迹印会对他有帮助 |
[02:34] | People will think there was an assassination attempt and be more sympathetic. | 别人会觉得有人试图刺杀他而同情他点 |
[02:38] | I do. I hear what you’re saying, Mrs. Cassini. Yes, Mrs. Cassini. | 我有 我在听你说话 Cassini先生 是的 |
[02:43] | I’ll talk to my parks and recreation chairman and get this solved I promise. | 我保证和娱乐设施主席谈 解决这件事 |
[02:48] | – Goodbye, Mrs. Cassini. – It’s a goner. | – 拜拜 Cassini先生 – 弄不掉了 |
[02:54] | – Jackson, before you go, I need your John Hancock on that there. – Oh yeah? | – Jackson 走之前 这在签个名 – 是么 |
[02:57] | Yeah, just right at the bottom. I was just ordering a ton of extra, | 对 就在这下面 我预定了一大堆 |
[03:00] | you know, vegetables and stuff. It’s just to sign and confirm that I’m ordering that stuff. | 蔬菜之类的东西 只是签个名确认要预定 |
[03:05] | Hey, this is for those extra parking spaces you need. It’s selectman business. | 是你要的额外的停车位 这事关镇委员 |
[03:09] | – Really? – Et tu, former friend? | – 真的? – 咋了 老朋友? |
[03:11] | – I just need your signature. It’s your duty. – So impeach me. | – 我需要你的签名 这是你的职责 – 告我啊 |
[03:15] | – I’ll forge that for you. – Thanks. | – 我来给你伪造一个 – 多谢 |
[04:13] | So Dickie high tails it to his office and e-mails me within seconds. | 所以Dickie飞奔到办公室然后马上给我发邮件 |
[04:17] | – Dickie’s the other you at your office, right? – Well, there’s no other me. | – Dickie就是你办公室另一个你对吧? – 才没有另一个我 |
[04:20] | – You know what I meant, Grandpa. – Dickie and I share some duties. | – 你知道我意思的 外公 – 我和Dickie有些共同的义务 |
[04:23] | We lunch occasionally, socialize a bit. | 我们只偶尔吃个午餐 交际交际 |
[04:26] | But he would cut my throat in a heartbeat, as I would his. | 不过他会立刻切断我的喉咙 就像我也会切他的一样 |
[04:30] | It’s like Rikers Island, except everyone drives a Jag. | 就像在Rikers监狱 只不过人人都开着车 |
[04:33] | Well, Dickie made a mistake. | Dickie犯了个错误 |
[04:35] | He e-mailed me, thinking that I wouldn’t read it for days, but I read it the minute he sent it. | 他给我发了邮件 觉得我几天都不会看 但他刚发出我就看了 |
[04:40] | He figured my weekend starts at lunch on Fridays, as so many others do – | 他以为我周五中午开始就休息了 就跟很多其他人一样 |
[04:44] | error followed by error. | 错上加错 |
[04:46] | That man needs to reread his Sun Tzu. | 那人要再读一遍孙子兵法了 |
[04:48] | Anyway, that’s why I am missing Friday Night dinner. | 反正所以我就赶不上星期五的晚宴了 |
[04:51] | Dickie and I are going to be in the Chicago office. | 我和Dickie要去芝加哥办事处 |
[04:54] | – Well, send me a postcard. – I’m traveling much less, but I don’t miss it. | – 给我寄张明信片 – 我旅行越来越少了 但我并不怀念 |
[04:58] | Thirty years ago, any chance I had to travel, I jumped at, but now… | 三十年前 有任何机会旅游我都特兴奋 但现在… |
[05:02] | I’m talking a lot, aren’t I? | 我话太多了 对吧 |
[05:05] | No. I mean, yes. But it’s good. | 没有 不我是说 是很多 不过很好 |
[05:09] | – I don’t want to be tiresome. – Grandpa, you could never tire me. This is fun. | – 我可不想烦到你 – 外公 你永远也不会烦到我 很有意思 |
[05:13] | Good. My valet isn’t much of a conversationalist. He’s the master of the monosyllable, | 很好 我的男仆不算太健谈 他说话从来都是单音节词 |
[05:17] | although he can shine a shoe with the best of them. So, been reading anything good lately? | 尽管他有办法让鞋子要多亮有多亮 那么 最近有读什么好书么 |
[05:22] | I’m very into P.G. Wodehouse right now. | 我现在很喜欢P.G. Wodehouse |
[05:24] | – Oh, that’s great. – You? | – 噢 那很不错 – 你呢? |
[05:26] | – Actually, I’ve had a personal triumph of late. – Oh, yeah? What? | – 其实我最近完成了自己的一项伟大任务 – 是吗?是什么? |
[05:29] | I’ve just finished the sixth and final volume of “The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. “ | 我看完了”罗马帝国的衰亡”第六和最后一章 |
[05:34] | – That is a triumph. – I started it in 1968. | – 确实是伟大任务 – 我从1968开始看的 |
[05:38] | So it took only – what? – 36 years to finish it. But by God, I finished it. | 所以我只花了 嗯 36年读完 谢天谢地 我读完了 |
[05:42] | Wow. That’s quite a commitment. | 哇哦 那还真是下决心了 |
[05:45] | Well, I’ve had a little more time on my hands lately. | 我最近时间多了点 |
[05:47] | Not as many evenings out as there once were. | 不像以前晚上出去那么多了 |
[05:50] | Right. Not as many. | 对 没那么多 |
[05:52] | You’re still getting together with your grandmother tonight, aren’t you? | 你晚上还是要和外婆见面的对吧? |
[05:54] | – Has she mentioned her car lately? – Her car? | – 最近她有提到她的车么? – 她的车? |
[05:57] | It’s due for its six-month service. I hope she isn’t skipping those. | 应该有六个月服务的 希望她别忘了 |
[06:00] | I don’t know. I’m happy to ask. | 不知道 我可以问问 |
[06:02] | Oh, no. That’s too much trouble. I’ll have Robert check with her maid. | 不用不用 那太麻烦了 我会让Robert问问她女佣 |
[06:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:06] | He may have to use upwards of six syllables for this one. I wish him luck. | 这次他可能要用到6个音节了 祝他好运 |
[06:09] | Couldn’t you just ask her yourself, Grandpa? I mean, you’re right there. | 不能你直接问她么 爷爷? 我是说 你刚好也在那 |
[06:13] | – No, I don’t want to be an annoyance. – Okay. | – 不 我不想惹人厌 – 好吧 |
[06:17] | – But, Grandpa – – Chicken’s getting cold. | – 不过外公… – 鸡肉要凉了 |
[06:19] | Right. | 好吧 |
[06:21] | I saw the most preposterous thing on TV the other night. | 前几天我在电视上看到超级荒谬的事情 |
[06:25] | It’s been ages since I’ve just flipped through the channels, | 打上次我瞎调频道看到怪事 |
[06:28] | and the horrors to be discovered there. | 都已经好几百年了 |
[06:33] | Hey, what brings you here? | 嘿 你怎么来了? |
[06:35] | Caffeine withdrawal. And I like looking at you. | 喝咖啡 而且我喜欢看着你 |
[06:36] | – To go? – To go. | – 带走? – 带走 |
[06:38] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用啦 |
[06:39] | Luke, this is your business. I’ve always paid, and I always should pay. | Luke 这是你的事业 我一直付钱 而且我应该付钱 |
[06:42] | Fine, but don’t tip me. Tipping now is weird. | 好 不过别给我小费 现在给小就别扭了 |
[06:44] | Okay. Besides, I can tip you later. | 好 不过我可以晚点给你小费 |
[06:47] | – That was weird, too. – I’m a very awkward winker. | – 那也很奇怪 – 我不大会使眼色 |
[06:49] | – You’re never supposed to tip me, anyway. – What? | – 不管怎样你完全不该给我小费 – 什么? |
[06:51] | I’m the proprietor. You’re not supposed to tip the proprietor, even when they serve you. | 我是老板 你不该给老板小费 即使是他们亲自服务 |
[06:54] | You mean all those years, that extra 20% was unnecessary? | 你是说 这么多年里那20%额外的钱都是不用的? |
[06:57] | – You never tipped me 20%. – Ooh. Now it’s getting ugly. | – 你从没给我20%小费 – 哦 开始不和谐了 |
[07:00] | You were a solid 15 percenter, sometimes less if the bill got higher. | 你从来都是给15% 有时候消费高点比这还低 |
[07:03] | Way less if you were mad at me about something. | 你生我气的时候比这还低得多 |
[07:05] | Well, it doesn’t matter. I wasn’t supposed to be tipping you, anyway. | 那也没关系 反正我本来就不该给你小费的 |
[07:08] | – True. – In fact, I want a rebate. | – 确实 – 事实上 我想你退钱 |
[07:10] | – What? – You’ve been ripping me off for ten years. | – 什么? – 你宰了我十年 |
[07:11] | – Have your lawyer call my lawyer. – Thank you | – 让你律师给我律师打电话 – 谢谢 |
[07:14] | – We still on for tomorrow night? – Absolutely. | – 明晚还去吧? – 当然 |
[07:16] | – Talk to you later. – Bye. | – 晚点见 – 拜拜 |
[07:21] | Oh hi, Lorelai. | 哦 嗨 Lorelai |
[07:23] | Hi, Dean. Um, good to bump into you. | 嗨 Dean 嗯 碰到你真好 |
[07:25] | Yeah, same here. Um, you on your way back to work? | 我也觉得 正要回去工作? |
[07:28] | – Yeah. You? – Yeah. I’m going to Doose’s. | – 是啊 你呢? – 嗯 我正要去Doose那里 |
[07:31] | You were just at the inn. | 你刚刚在旅馆里 |
[07:32] | Yeah, Tom wanted me to sand some doors down. They were getting a little warped. | 对 Tom让我把几个门磨光一下 有点变形了 |
[07:35] | I saw you in the hallway there, but you looked kind of busy. | 我在走廊看到你了 不过你看起来有点忙 |
[07:38] | Yeah, I saw you, too. | 嗯 我也看见你了 |
[07:42] | – So, how’s our girl? – Rory? | – 我们的宝贝姑娘怎么样? – Rory? |
[07:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:45] | Uh, she’s good. I saw her like three days ago, or a couple days ago. But yeah, she’s good. | 嗯她很好 我三天还是几天前看到她的 不过她很好 |
[07:50] | Good. Well, I talked to her this morning, so I win. | 很好 我今天早上和她聊天的 我赢了 |
[07:54] | – Not that it’s a contest. – Right. | – 又不是在比赛 – 对的 |
[07:56] | Well, I guess I’ll see you around. Next time you’re at the inn, find me. | 那 我们晚点见 下次你到旅馆去记得找我 |
[08:01] | We could have some coffee and chew the fat. | 可以一起喝咖啡闲聊 |
[08:02] | Sounds like a disgusting combination, but anyway come by. | 放一起听着挺恶心的 不过过来就是了 |
[08:05] | – I will. Sure. Absolutely. – Okay. | – 我会的 当然 绝对的 – 好的 |
[08:07] | – So have a good day. – You too. | – 祝好 – 你也是 |
[08:13] | I’ll get it, Sara. | 我来开 Sara |
[08:16] | – Hi, Mom. – Come in, come in. | – 嗨 妈咪 – 进来 进来 |
[08:18] | I’m sorry I’m late. Traffic was bad. | 抱歉迟到了 交通太差 |
[08:20] | Some moron coming out of Stars Hollow decided to go the speed limit, which is – ooh! | 几个Stars Hollow的脑残想超速驾驶 真是 哦! |
[08:24] | What the hell is that? | 那是什么鬼东西? |
[08:26] | What does it look like? It’s a panic room. | 那看起来像什么? 避难屋 |
[08:27] | – Like Jodie Foster? – I have no idea. | – Jodie Foster那个? – 不知道 |
[08:30] | But it’s very small. It’s more like an anxiety room. | 不过这很小 更像忧虑屋 |
[08:32] | It’s for one person. | 这是一人用的 |
[08:34] | You could maybe squeeze two in. | 可能能挤两个人进去 |
[08:35] | And when those two are done panicking, the next couple of panickers get a turn? | 然后这两个人在玩惊悚的时候 另两个等着轮到他们? |
[08:38] | – It’s primarily for me. – Why the foyer? | – 基本上这是给我一个人的 – 干嘛放门厅啊? |
[08:41] | It was supposed to go upstairs, but the boors who delivered it | 是应该送上楼的 但那几个送货的民工 |
[08:43] | claimed they weren’t told about the stairs, so they didn’t have the right equipment. | 说他们不知道有楼梯所以没带工具来 |
[08:47] | Hey, let’s test it out. I’m gonna get you. | 嘿 我们来试试 我会把你弄出来的 |
[08:50] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[08:51] | You better get in there, ’cause I’m a bad guy. Baah! | 你最好进去 因为我是个大坏蛋 |
[08:53] | – Stop it. – I’m menacing. Panic, damn it. Come on. | – 够了 – 我是巫婆 快点害怕 靠 来嘛 |
[08:56] | There’s nothing funny about this. | 这一点也不好玩 |
[08:58] | – Oh! Get in, quick! Quick! – Stop it. | – 哦 进去 快 快 – 够了 |
[09:04] | Hi, Grandma. | 嗨 外婆 |
[09:06] | So – hey, what’s that? | 嘿 那是什么? |
[09:07] | I know how to protect you from shrapnel and Agent Orange. Ask me how. | 我知道怎么保护你不被榴弹和橘剂伤害 快问我怎么做 |
[09:11] | – It’s a panic room. – Like Jodie Foster? | – 是个避难屋 – Jodie Foster那个? |
[09:14] | What does Jodie Foster have to do with this? | 干嘛老把Jodie Foster和这个拉在一起? |
[09:15] | You need one for your dorm. | 你宿舍应该也有一个 |
[09:16] | That’s not a stupid thought. It’ll stop a 9-millimeter shell. | 这想法不差 这个可以阻止9毫米炮弹 |
[09:20] | – Handy for when Suge Knight comes for tea. – Why is it here? | – Suge Knight来喝茶时就能派上用场了 – 干嘛放这里? |
[09:22] | It’s a long story. Come, let’s have drinks and forget about the panic room. | 说来话长 过来喝东西 别提这个了 |
[09:25] | – What’ll you have? – Gin martini. | – 要什么? – 杜松子马提尼 |
[09:27] | – A soda with lime. – This little rinky-dink cart has nothing. | – 加酸橙汽水 – 这个破烂酒架里啥都没有 |
[09:30] | Dad got the big one? | 老爸拿了大的? |
[09:32] | He stole it away in the dark of night, so I’m stranded. | 他半夜偷走了 所以我没指望了 |
[09:34] | I had our minister over a couple of days ago, and he had to go without his whiskey sour. | 前几天牧师过来 没喝到威士忌酸就走了 |
[09:38] | I bet he excommunicated you on the spot. | 我大赌他肯定马上就把你逐出教会了 |
[09:40] | I’ve got vermouth, but no gin. Perfect. Sara? | 有苦艾酒没杜松子酒 很好 Sara? |
[09:44] | – Yes, ma’am? – I need gin. Check everywhere. | – 是 夫人? – 我要杜松子酒 到处找找 |
[09:47] | – Including the bathtub. – Start with the pantry. | – 包括浴缸 – 从餐室开始 |
[09:49] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 夫人 |
[09:51] | You know, the main reason I got the panic room is because I’m a woman living alone. | 知道么 我买避难屋主要是因为 我是个独居的女人 |
[09:55] | Well, let the record show I did not bring up the panic room. | 呃 记录表明可不是我要提起避难屋的 |
[09:58] | Do you know I’ve never lived alone? | 你知道我从来没有单独生活过么? |
[10:00] | I went from my parents’ house to college to Richard. | 我从我父母的家到大学然后和Richard一起 |
[10:02] | But, Grandma, you’re not alone alone. Grandpa is only a few feet away. | 不过外婆你也不是那么单独 外公就在附近 |
[10:06] | He might as well be a million miles away. | 但跟在十万八千里外也差不多 |
[10:08] | I don’t even know if your grandfather would look up from his stamp collection if he heard me scream. | 我都不知道即使你外公听到我尖叫 他会不会从他邮集里抬一下头 |
[10:12] | That’s not true. | 才不是这样呢 |
[10:13] | Unless his nose got stuck to the stamp in the book and he physically couldn’t look up. | 除非他鼻子粘在邮票上他没办法抬头 |
[10:17] | It happens. | 不是不可能 |
[10:18] | He’s gone so much, he’s no protection, anyway. He just left on some business trip, | 他一直不在 也起不到什么保护作用 他刚出发出差去了 |
[10:21] | and it’s an afterthought that he even bothered to tell me about it at all. | 事后我才想起来他倒还知道告诉我 |
[10:24] | But he told you, so that’s not an afterthought. That’s a thought – a very thoughtful thought. | 但他告诉你了 而且也不是事后想法 那是个想法 一个很有想法的想法 |
[10:28] | I’m sure it was in some way for his own convenience. | 我肯定是为了在某些事情上方便他自己 |
[10:30] | There’s no gin anywhere, Mrs. Gilmore. | 各个地方都没有杜松子酒 Gilmore夫人 |
[10:32] | – Oh, perfect. – I’ll check the bathtub now. | – 哦 很好 – 我现在去浴缸看看 |
[10:34] | That was a joke, Sara. | 我开玩笑的 Sara |
[10:36] | Lorelai, please don’t joke with the maids. It’s not what they do. | Lorelai 不要和女佣开玩笑 这不是她们做的事 |
[10:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:39] | – Check Mr. Gilmore’s study. – Yes, ma’am. | – 找找Gilmore先生的书房 – 好的 夫人 |
[10:41] | I should just call Richard myself and drag him away from whatever business meal | 我该打电话给Richard 把他什么午宴上拖出来 |
[10:44] | he is having and make him tell me. | 让他告诉我 |
[10:45] | It’s okay. Mom doesn’t need a martini. Right? | 没关系 我妈也不一定非要马提尼 对吧 |
[10:48] | Yeah. Right. I’ll take what you got. What’s good enough for the minister is good enough for me. | 对啊 你有什么我要什么好了 牧师觉得好的我也觉得好 |
[10:52] | – Your hands are empty. – The door to the study is locked. | – 你两手空空 – 书房门锁住了 |
[10:54] | He locked the study? | 他把书房锁住了? |
[10:56] | Mom, really, I don’t need gin. I’ll take whatever you have. | 妈 真的 我不用杜松子酒 你有什么我喝什么就好 |
[10:58] | I don’t have anything. That’s the problem. Come on. | 我什么都没有 这才是问题所在 来吧 |
[11:01] | Come on where? | 去哪里? |
[11:02] | I’m not going to let Richard’s business trip keep you from having the drink you want. | 我不能让Richard出差害得 你们喝不到想喝的东西 |
[11:05] | Grandma, wait. | 奶奶 等等 |
[11:11] | Should we really be doing this? | 我们真的要这么做么? |
[11:12] | Oh, that he can live in this squalor. | 哦 这么乱他也住的下去 |
[11:15] | It’s another Calcutta. Is that open sewage? | 第二个加尔各答 是在污水处理么? |
[11:17] | It certainly smells like a sewer in here. | 闻起来就像这里有个下水道 |
[11:19] | It’s his cigars. That’s the smell. | 是雪茄 就是雪茄的味道 |
[11:20] | It’s more than cigars. It’s debauchery. | 这可不仅仅是雪茄的问题 这简直就是生活放荡嘛 |
[11:23] | Yeah. Dad mentioned he had the Barbi twins up here a couple nights ago. | 的确 老爸提过若干晚上之前 他把芭比姐妹领来玩了 |
[11:25] | He and his butler have a little “auto focus” thing going on. | 他和他的管家在这里搞了点小活动 |
[11:28] | Well, the drink cart’s over there, Grandma. We can grab the gin and vamoose. | 酒车就在那儿呢 奶奶 咱们拿上杜松子酒就闪人吧 |
[11:31] | No, she’s got vamoose, remember? It’s the gin we need. – But you know – | 不 已经有苦艾酒了 我们要的是杜松子酒 但你也知道 |
[11:34] | He must have five packs of breath mints here. | 他这有五包薄荷口气清新剂 |
[11:36] | Why would a man need five packs of breath mints? | 一个男的怎么还会用到 五包薄荷口气清新剂? |
[11:38] | It could be the gorgonzola and onion diet he’s on. It has its drawbacks. | 可能是因为他最近经常吃干酪和洋葱 |
[11:42] | Grandma, I feel kind of weird snooping like this. | 奶奶 咱们这么晃来晃去 让我感觉怪怪的 |
[11:44] | This is my property as much as his, and when we die, it’ll be yours. We’re all entitled here. | 这是我和他的共有财产 我俩死了以后 就是你们的 所以咱有权晃来晃去 |
[11:50] | He’s got some new books. | 他买了些新书 |
[11:51] | Hey, my Petunia Pig plate and spoon. What’s it doing here? | 这不是我那小猪猪盘子和勺子么 怎么跑这来了? |
[11:55] | Oh, odds and ends wound up out here over the years. | 陈芝麻烂谷子的事情了 |
[11:57] | This is not an odd nor an end. It’s my Petunia Pig and I’m taking it. | 这可不是什么陈芝麻烂谷子 这是我的小猪猪盘子 我得拿走 |
[12:00] | It’s not yours to take. | 别拿不是自己的东西 |
[12:01] | – Dad’s not using my Petunia Pig spoon. – I say take it. | – 老爸又不用我的小猪猪勺子 – 那走就行 |
[12:04] | Hey, Mom, what are we carrying our booty home in? Do you have a canvas bag with a big dollar sign on it? | 我们的赃物要怎么拿回去 你有没有上面印大美元的帆布包? |
[12:08] | Okay. Just to remind you once again, the drink cart is right over here. | 恩 再次提醒你们一下 酒车就在眼前 |
[12:12] | Oh, and I think I spot gin. It’s brown, right? | 这不是杜松子酒么 是棕色的吧 对么? |
[12:14] | I love that you think that. Looking for skeletons? | 你这么想我很高兴 找骨架呢你? |
[12:16] | I’m just looking. | 我只是看看而已 |
[12:17] | Oh, man. I spilled a ton of scotch on my skirt. Who’s not closing these bottles? | 好家伙 我撒了一堆酒在裙子上 是谁没把盖子拧好? |
[12:22] | – Oh, my God. – Did you really find a skeleton? | – 哦 天呐 – 怎么你真找到骨架了? |
[12:24] | Okay, Gin – it’s clear, it’s in my hand, and it looks good enough for a minister. Let’s go. | 好了 杜松子酒到手 色质不错 我正拿着 部长喝这就都肯定满意 咱们闪吧 |
[12:28] | Oh, my God. Will you look at this? | 天呐 你们看看这是什么? |
[12:31] | – Bright. – And tasteful. | – 真不错 – 而且很有品位 |
[12:32] | – It’s a vest. – Grandpa has lots of vests. | – 是个马甲 – 爷爷有很多马甲啊 |
[12:34] | – It’s got glitter. It’s a glitter vest. – So? | – 还闪闪发光呢 这马甲也真夺目 – 然后嘞? |
[12:37] | So? Where would your father wear a vest like this? | 然后嘞? 你爸会穿这个出入什么场合? |
[12:40] | Certainly nowhere he ever would’ve taken me. | 可以肯定的是 那场合他肯定没带我去过 |
[12:41] | Grandma, it’s just a vest. | 奶奶 这是个马甲而已嘛 |
[12:43] | Yeah Mom. There’s tons of places he would wear that. | 对啊 妈 他能穿那马甲去老多地方的啊 |
[12:45] | – Name one. – Okay, I’m at a loss. | – 说个看看 – 我晕 |
[12:47] | This is insane. | 简直就是神经病 |
[12:48] | Mom, this is the place where unwanted things came to repose. | 妈 不必要的就让它过去嘛 |
[12:50] | Maybe it’s a vest of his from the old days. | 可能是他以前的马甲啊 |
[12:52] | Our days never included Richard dressing up like that gay fellow whose tiger tried to eat him. | Richard以前从没穿得像那个同性恋 被哪个猛男看上过 |
[12:57] | I have definitely, positively never seen this vest. This is a party vest. | 我可以很确信的告诉你 我从没见过这马甲 这是个派对用的马甲 |
[13:01] | Okay, just put it back, Mom, and let’s go. | 好了 快放回去吧 妈 咱们走吧 |
[13:02] | You put it back. | 你去放回去 |
[13:03] | You know, we’ve moved a lot of stuff around here tonight. We’ve got to cover our tracks. | 我们今晚捣腾了不少东西 得让它们回归原位啊 |
[13:06] | – Where did you find it? – Squished in the middle, as if he was hiding it from me. | – 你从哪找来的? – 塞到中间就行 摆成藏着的样子就好 |
[13:09] | – Can you blame him? It’s hideous. – How dare he have a vest like that. | – 这能怪他么? 太可怕了 – 他竟敢有这样的马甲 |
[13:13] | Okay, the mints looked something like this, right? | 薄荷就是这么放的 对吧? |
[13:15] | – That devious man. – Come on, Mom, let’s go. | – 这个浪子 – 算了 妈 走吧 |
[13:18] | – Mom, Petunia Pig. – Grab it. | – 妈 小猪猪盘子 – 拿上 |
[13:32] | I have never seen Grandma so singularly obsessed about a piece of clothing. | 从没见过奶奶被一件衣服 困扰成这样 |
[13:36] | Not since I wore my “Gas, Grass, or Ass – | 从我那次穿”汽油 草 屁股 想骑就要有代价” |
[13:39] | No one rides for free” t-shirt to the junior league spring tea. | T恤去大三春季茶会之后 就没见她这样过 |
[13:41] | Here we go. Boysenberry pie with ice cream. Hot fudge sundae. Half a grapefruit. | 来了 草莓派冰激凌 热软糖圣代 柚子 |
[13:45] | – I don’t want a grapefruit. – It’s good for you. | – 我不想吃柚子 – 对你有好处的 |
[13:47] | – Kinda my point. – It’s too late for her, but not for you. Eat it. | – 就是这回事儿 – 她补这个算是晚了 你还不完 快吃 |
[13:50] | The service is very rude. No tip for you. | 服务很不礼貌 你的小费没了 |
[13:52] | In fact, he actually owes us a lot of money because we weren’t supposed to be tipping him all these years. | 实际上 他前我们好多钱的 因为咱这些年都不应该给他小费的 |
[13:56] | I know. Customarily, you do not have to tip the proprietor of an establishment. | 我知道 通常来说 对餐饮场所的所有者不用付小费 |
[13:59] | Why have we been tipping him all these years? | 那你这些年还付什么小费? |
[14:01] | – We like him? – Oh, that. | – 因为咱们挺喜欢他? – 哦 原来如此 |
[14:02] | Hey, bring us some coffee, and I promise this grapefruit will be eaten. | 嗨 给来点咖啡吧 我保证这柚子肯定有人吃 |
[14:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:08] | – How long is my nose? – Very. | – 我鼻子有多长? – 相当长 |
[14:09] | What’s with the scarfing? | 他怎么样了? |
[14:10] | Well, I figured since it’s still early I’d stop by Dean’s new place real quick and say hi. Is that okay? | 是这样 考虑到既然还早 我去Dean新住处看看 顺便打个招呼 行么? |
[14:15] | Oh, yeah. So he’s out of the parents’? | 好啊 他从父母房子里搬出来了? |
[14:17] | Yeah. He’s sleeping on his friend Kyle’s couch. It’s just temporary. | 对啊 他现在他朋友Kyle的沙发上睡 只是暂时的 |
[14:20] | Great. You know, we could call him and have him meet us here if you want. | 不错 如果你乐意化 咱们可以 给他打个电话约他来这里见面 |
[14:24] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的? – 当然 |
[14:25] | Plenty of pie, ice cream, grapefruit to go around. | 还剩很多派 冰激凌和葡萄柚呢 |
[14:28] | If we twist his arm, I bet Luke will throw in some raw spinach. | 如果咱们扭他的胳膊 我敢打赌Luke肯定会上点生菠菜的 |
[14:31] | I don’t think it’s a good idea. | 这不怎么好吧 |
[14:33] | So skip the spinach. | 那就不要菠菜了 |
[14:34] | – You know what I mean. – No. What? | – 你知道我什么意思的 – 我不知道 你什么意思? |
[14:36] | It’s been a little weird between you two. | 你俩之间怪怪的 |
[14:38] | – No, it hasn’t. – Mom. | – 没有啊 – 妈 |
[14:39] | I just ran into him today. Didn’t he tell you? | 我今天还碰到他了呢 他没跟你说? |
[14:41] | Yeah. He said it was weird. | 说了 他说怪怪的 |
[14:43] | Well, then it was only weird on his side, ’cause it wasn’t on mine. | 那就是他自己觉得怪怪的 我这边可没什么 |
[14:47] | Hey, how about I come along with you to Kyle’s? He’s back from the Navy, right? | 那我跟你一起去Kyle家怎么样? 他海军服役回来了 对吧? |
[14:51] | We could all hang out and hear his stories. He could teach us some sea chanteys, | 咱们能一起聚聚 听听他的故事 他还能教咱们几首水手歌呢 |
[14:55] | and I could tell Dean how not weird the situation is. See? That’s how unweird it is for me. | 我顺便能告诉Dean现在的情况没什么奇怪 看到了? 我就是不感觉有什么怪怪的 |
[14:59] | – I’d do that. – No. That’d be weird, too. | – 我会那样做的 – 那也也会怪怪的 |
[15:01] | – I don’t like it this way. – I know. | – 我不想一直这样下去 – 我明白 |
[15:04] | We all used to get together all the time for whatever and hang out. | 我们以前经常没事聚到一起嘛 |
[15:09] | We had a great rhythm. I like Dean. I’ve always liked Dean. | 咱们多合得来啊 挺喜欢Dean的 我一直都挺喜欢Dean的 |
[15:12] | He has a great heart. I don’t want it to be weird. | 他心肠狠不错 不想搞得怪怪的 |
[15:14] | Neither do I. Dean doesn’t either. | 我也不想 Dean也是一样 |
[15:16] | Well, then, what about tomorrow night? Let’s all hook up then. | 那明天晚上怎么样? 咱们到时候都聚聚 |
[15:21] | – All who? – All of us. You know – the gang – the fearsome foursome. | – 都什么? – 咱们 就咱们一帮子人 无敌四人组 |
[15:25] | – How does that sound? – How does what sound? | – 听起来怎么样? – 什么听起来怎么样? |
[15:27] | – Doing something with Rory tomorrow night. – You don’t have to. | – 明天一起跟Rory参加个活动 – 你忙的话可以不去的 |
[15:29] | No, no really. That sounds great. We can all do something together. | 不 不 我不忙 听起来不错 咱们能一起干点什么 |
[15:32] | Yeah. It’s a great idea. There’s a ground swell of support. Let’s do it. | 对啊 这主意多好 大家一致赞成的话 就这么定了 |
[15:36] | – Okay, if you want. – Yeah, we want, right? | – 好吧 如果你真想的话 – 我俩确实想 对么? |
[15:38] | – Yeah. We want. – Good. Go run it past Dean. | – 对 我俩真心的 – 好 去告诉Dean吧 |
[15:40] | – Dean? – I’m sure I can persuade him. | – Dean? – 我肯定能说服他的 |
[15:42] | – Good. – Yeah, good. | – 好 – 好 |
[15:43] | – I’ll see you tomorrow night. – Okay. See you tomorrow night. | – 明晚见 – 好 明晚见 |
[15:46] | Bye, Luke. | 拜拜 Luke |
[15:50] | – Dean? Rory’s seeing Dean? – Yeah, you knew that. | – Dean? Rory跟Dean在拍拖? – 对啊 你知道的 |
[15:52] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[15:53] | – Wha – Didn’t I tell you? – No. Since when? | – 我没告诉过你么? – 没有 什么时候开始的? |
[15:56] | – Since she got back from Europe. – I don’t believe it. | – 从你从欧洲回来以后 – 简直不敢相信 |
[15:57] | – Haven’t you seen them walking around? – No. Were you hiding it? | – 你没见他俩一起进进出出的? – 没有 你故意瞒我啊? |
[16:00] | No. I just – I wasn’t sure when they wanted people to know | 没有 我只是 只是不确定他们想不想让大家知道 |
[16:04] | or how I should tell people without getting hammered with a bunch of questions. | 或者不知该怎么说 才不会被大家的问题淹死 |
[16:07] | Was this before he left his wife or after? Did – did he leave her for Rory? | 这是在他离婚前还是离婚后? Rory不是第三者吧? |
[16:10] | Like those. Questions just like those. | 就是这些 我说的正是这些问题 |
[16:13] | Sorry, it’s just, you know, Dean and Rory together again. | 抱歉 你也知道 Dean和Rory复合了 |
[16:15] | Well, you can back out if you want. I kind of Shanghaied you there. | 你想退出的话也没事儿 反正我刚才算是把你拐过去的 |
[16:18] | No. We can do it. I just have to wrap my mind around it. Dean. | 没事儿 没事儿的 我只是得好好缕缕 Dean |
[16:22] | – Dean – Dean – Dean. – Dean. | |
[16:23] | All right. Well, I’ll be right back. | 好 恩 我马上回来 |
[16:31] | G “G.” | |
[16:33] | G “G.” | |
[16:34] | For four beats, back to “C” major then jump to “A” minor. | 四拍 然后回到C大调 再跳到A小调 |
[16:36] | “C” minor to “A.” | C小调到A |
[16:37] | – Major. – “A” major. | – 大调 – A大调 |
[16:39] | “A” minor after “C” major, then it’s back to “G.” | A小调跟在C大调之后 然后回到G |
[16:41] | Yo, Kid Flash, slow down. I’ve got chops, but I’m not Les Paul. | 闪电小子 慢点 虽然我水平不错 但我也不是什么Les Paul啊 |
[16:44] | Follow the chart, Zach. You wrote it all down. | 跟着记录弹就行了 Zach 你都记下来了的 |
[16:46] | I can’t look at the chart. It’s depressing. | 我不能看那记录的 太压抑了 |
[16:48] | How can a chord chart be depressing? | 弦音记录怎么会压抑呢? |
[16:49] | The title, “Brian’s Song. “ | 曲名 “Brian之歌” |
[16:51] | It’s a working title. | 这只是个前期曲名嘛 |
[16:52] | Well, it’s bumming me out. It’s reminding me of Billy Dee Williams and cancer. Change it. | 有点让我发毛 让我想起Billy Dee Williams和癌症 换掉吧 |
[16:56] | I have to change a working title? Come on. | 前期曲名也要换? 开什么玩笑 |
[16:58] | Well, then leave it if you don’t mind bumming every body out. | 要是不嫌把大家都搞得发毛 那你就留着 |
[17:01] | Or change it to “Lepers Are Fun” or “Kiss My Scurvy. “ | 或者换成”麻风病很有趣” 或者”亲亲坏血病” |
[17:04] | Look. There. “Brian’s Tune,” okay? Good working title there. | 要不这样 “Brian的调子” 好了么? 这个名字不错 |
[17:07] | – Okay. From the “G,” we go to – – Let’s take five. I gotta clear my head. | – 好吧 从G我们再…. – 咱歇五分钟吧 我得清醒下 |
[17:11] | Okay. Five minutes. | 好吧 我分钟 |
[17:13] | I’m gonna go water the lawn. We’re getting brown spots again. | 我去浇浇草坪 有些地方又枯了 |
[17:15] | Don’t over water. That’s not good for it, either. | 别浇多了 浇多了也不好 |
[17:24] | So, how you doing, Zach? | 那 你感觉怎么样 Zach? |
[17:27] | Comme ci, comme ca. | 马马乎乎 |
[17:29] | Anything new? | 有啥新消息不? |
[17:30] | Went to the dentist. Said I’m brushing too vigorously. | 去看了牙科医生 他说我刷牙太使劲了 |
[17:32] | Oh interesting. ‘Cause when you’re a kid, they tell you to really go at it, ya know? | 挺有意思 小的时候 他们就叫我们刷干净点 你知道的 |
[17:35] | Another lie fed to our generation. | 又一个灌输给咱们这一代的谎言 |
[17:37] | Yeah. | 对了 |
[17:38] | And now I’m paying with eroding gums. Want to see ’em? | 我用嚼烂了的口香糖来”报答”他们 想看看那口香糖么? |
[17:41] | I’m good. | 算了吧 |
[17:42] | So, anything else on your mind? | 那 还想说点什么? |
[17:44] | Not really. | 没什么了 |
[17:49] | Want a drink or anything? | 想喝点东西吗? |
[17:52] | Nope. I want for nothing. | 不用了 我什么也不用 |
[18:02] | – Hi, Kyle. – Oh, hey, Rory. Come on in. | – 你好啊 Kyle – 哦 嗨 Rory 快进来 |
[18:04] | – Thanks. – Welcome to Casa Kyle. | – 谢谢 – 欢迎来到Kyle之堡 |
[18:07] | It’s not the Taj Mahal, but it’s cozy. | 没泰姬陵那么好 但却很惬意 |
[18:09] | – You like Dylan? – I think I better. | – 你喜欢Dylan么? – 我最好喜欢这家伙 |
[18:11] | Yeah. I listened to a lot of Dylan out at sea. He really spoke to me. | 恩 我在服役的时候经常听Dylan的歌 他经常与我”交流” |
[18:15] | – And you understood him? – Funny. | – 你能听得懂么? – 你可真逗 |
[18:17] | So you look good. How you been doing? | 你气色不错 最近挺好的都? |
[18:19] | Great. Navy’s been fantastic. | 不错 海军棒透了 |
[18:22] | Bitchin’ rehab, so I’m up and running. I can drive, type 60 words a minute. | 康复的不错 现在我能跑 能开车 一分钟能打60个字了 |
[18:26] | – You know what else? – No. What? | – 知道还能干什么么? – 不知道 什么? |
[18:28] | This thing is a real chick magnet. Yeah. It’s the Captain Hook thing. | 这玩意可是个”妞钩”啊 跟虎克船长差不多 |
[18:31] | Well, good for you. | 不错啊 |
[18:33] | – Hey. What are you doing here? – Bonus visit. | – 嗨 你来这干什么? – 奖励性来访 |
[18:36] | Oh. I think I know what that means. I’m gonna make myself scarce. | 哦 我明白是什么意思 我得闪人啊 |
[18:39] | No, Kyle. It’s okay. We don’t want to put you out. | 不用 Kyle 没事的 我们俩不想麻烦你的 |
[18:41] | Don’t worry, I gotta make some calls. Check my traps, if you know what I mean. | 别担心 我打几个电话去 看看我撒的”网” 如果你明白我意思的话 |
[18:45] | Give a shout out to Cindy or Luene or maybe throw Stacy a little something. | 我去看看Cindy或者Luene 或者给Stacy带点什么东西的 |
[18:49] | He’s been throwing it around a lot lately. | 他最近可是个大忙人 |
[18:51] | Everybody loves the Bionic Man. | 人人都爱”仿生人”嘛 |
[18:54] | That’s not me. Mine plays “Superfreak. “ | 不是我的电话 我的铃声是”超怪” |
[18:56] | Sorry. It’s me. | 抱歉 是我的电话 |
[18:58] | I’ll leave you two to play. | 我给你俩创造机会啊 |
[19:01] | Hello? | 你好? |
[19:02] | Rory, listen, I like you, and I want to be more than just friends with you. | Rory 听好 我喜欢你 我想在这基础上更进一步 |
[19:05] | – What!? – See? You reacted. | – 你说什么!? – 看? 你有反应 |
[19:08] | That’s what a person does after someone says that they like him or her, but in my case, it’s him. | 这才是当一个人说她喜欢他或她时的反应 我的情况里是个他 |
[19:12] | – Oh, we’re talking Zach here. – The inscrutable Zach. | – 哦 你是在说Zach啊 – 简直让人搞不懂的Zach |
[19:14] | He’s driving me crazy. I gave him ample opportunity to address the issue, | 他快搞疯我了 我给了他足够多的机会谈正题 |
[19:18] | – and all he talked about was his eroding gums. – Oh, sexy. | – 他却一个劲说他那嚼烂了的口香糖 – 性感死了 |
[19:21] | He’s really getting on my nerves, that guy. Where are you, school? | 那家伙让我头都大了 你在哪呢 学校? |
[19:24] | No, I’m with Dean. He’s staying with Kyle. | 没有 我现在跟Dean一起呢 他现在跟Kyle住一起 |
[19:27] | – Oh, how’s his hook? – Apparently it’s a chick magnet. | – 他那钩子怎么样了? – 很明显是个”妞钩” |
[19:29] | Well, say hi to Dean. | 好吧 给Dean带个好 |
[19:31] | – Hi from Lane. – Hi, Lane! | – Lane跟你问好呢 – 嗨 Lane! |
[19:33] | – And call me back when you’re less distracted. – I will. Keep me posted. | – 你什么时候能安下心来再给我打个电话 – 我会的 经常出来玩啊 |
[19:36] | If there’s anything to post. | 有地方就行 |
[19:38] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 拜拜 – 拜拜 |
[19:41] | – So, tomorrow night. – Yeah. What time? | – 那就明天晚上 – 恩 具体什么时间? |
[19:44] | Well, I can get here pretty early, but I just wanted to talk about plans with you. | 我能早点来 但我想先跟你谈谈明天的计划 |
[19:48] | Sure. What do you want to do? | 好啊 你想干点什么? |
[19:49] | How about we go on a double date with my mom and Luke? | 到时候我们跟我妈和Luke 一起四人约会怎么样? |
[19:53] | – A double date? – Yeah. | – 四人约会? – 对啊 |
[19:55] | Won’t that be awkward, weird, and about 50 other things like that? | 难道你不觉得有点尴尬 奇怪 和一堆这样的其他感觉? |
[19:59] | Mom and I already talked about the weird issue in detail, and it won’t be. | 我和我妈已经讨论过关于怪怪的问题了 不会怪怪的啦 |
[20:02] | – It was Mom’s idea. – You’re kidding. | – 这是我老妈的注意 – 你不是搞笑吧 |
[20:04] | No. You’re forgetting, we used to hang out all the time. We had fun. | 没有 你忘了吧 我们以前 经常聚在一起的 而且挺开心的 |
[20:07] | That was a long time ago. | 但那是好久以前了啊 |
[20:10] | Yeah, but we had fun. | 对 但仍然很开心啊 |
[20:14] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[20:15] | Well, so does Mom. Come on. | 我妈也记得啊 别这样了哈 |
[20:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:21] | Good. I’m off. | 好 我走了啊 |
[20:24] | I hate these short visits. | 最受不了你没待多大会儿就走了 |
[20:26] | – They’re better than none, though. – I guess. | – 总比不待好吧 – 确实是 |
[20:28] | Don’t leave on my account, ’cause I’m outta here. | 别因为我这么早走啊 我要出去了 |
[20:31] | A couple of my girls took the bait. I’m thinking about doing a back-to-backer. | 我的几个姐们上我的钩啦 我要来个真情回馈 |
[20:34] | Well, I’m not leaving on your account. Tomorrow? | 我不是由于你才走的 明天见? |
[20:37] | Tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[20:40] | No rest for Kyle. | 真不让我歇着 |
[20:42] | Yeah? Hey, cool. | 喂? 嘿 酷 |
[20:45] | Yeah, what are you doing around 11:30, baby? | 你11点半左右有事吗 宝贝? |
[20:48] | All right. | 好啊 |
[20:51] | – So is meeting up at 6:30 cool? – Good with us. What’d you have in mind? | – 6点半见面没问题吧? – 我们没问题 你有什么计划? |
[20:55] | I’ll surprise you with it, but it’s a classic Stars Hollow slate of activities. | 我要给你个惊喜 反正是经典的Stars Hollow镇节目 |
[20:58] | – So we’re gonna T.P. Taylor’s house again? – Ugh. I wanted it to be a surprise. | – 那么我们又要去T.P Taylor家了? – 唉 我本来想让你惊喜一下的 |
[21:02] | – Wait, hon. Hold on a sec. – Okay. | – 等等 亲爱的 先别挂断 – 好 |
[21:05] | Hello? | 喂? |
[21:06] | – Lorelai, are you alone? – Why? | – Lorelai 你身边没别人吧? – 为什么问这个? |
[21:08] | Because I’m going to give you the code to open the panic room from the outside | 我要给你能从外面打开 那个紧急避难屋的密码 |
[21:12] | and I don’t want to do it if you’re not alone. | 你要是身边还有别人我就先不告诉你了 |
[21:13] | Just hanging out here with my close friend Tex Watson. | 我正和我的杀人狂魔朋友在一起 |
[21:16] | This is not a joking matter. Can I trust you with this information? | 你别拿这种事开玩笑 我可以放心把密码给你吗? |
[21:19] | Maybe not. Maybe you should give it to someone else, someone closer. | 大概够呛 或许你该给别人 离你更近的人 |
[21:22] | – Well, I can’t trust a neighbor. – How about Dad? | – 我可不信任邻居 – 爸爸怎么样? |
[21:25] | Oh, your father wouldn’t come to my rescue if I was on fire. | 要是着火了你爸才不会来救我呢 |
[21:28] | Besides, that vest of his is so loud he wouldn’t be able to hear me screaming. | 再说那件金光闪耀的马甲 估计能屏蔽我的呼叫声 |
[21:31] | Okay, Mom. Give me the code, and I will keep the code safe. | 好吧 妈 给我密码 我会记住并保密的 |
[21:35] | Okay. Here goes. Are you ready? | 好 听好了 你准备好了? |
[21:37] | Pen is poised. | 笔都拿好了 |
[21:38] | 1 1 1… 1 1 1, 1, 1… 1, 1. | |
[21:44] | Is that the code it came with? | 这是不是原本的默认密码? |
[21:46] | Well, I don’t know how to change it. The men were supposed to show me, | 我又不知道怎么换 送货的没教给我 |
[21:48] | and now it’s the code I’m stuck with. Did you write it down? | 我现在只能用这个了 你写下来没有? |
[21:51] | Barring an aneurysm, I think I’ll remember it. | 只要不脑溢血 我就怎么也不会忘记 |
[21:54] | Well, factor in an aneurysm and write it down. This is important. | 你给我写下来 万一你脑溢血呢 这很重要的 |
[21:57] | Okay. I’m writing it down. 1, 1, 1, 1, 1. | 好吧 我正在写1 1 1 1 1 |
[22:00] | Don’t say it out loud. | 你别那么大声音 |
[22:01] | Our football team is so great. We won, won, won, won, won. | 我们的球队踢赢啦 踢 踢 踢 踢 踢 |
[22:04] | – Everything’s a joke. – No, Mom, seriously. | – 你什么事都开玩笑 – 不是 妈 我很认真的 |
[22:06] | The mailman overheard. I gotta get off the phone and chase him down and whack him. | 邮递员听到了 我得挂了电话去追上他并将其击倒 |
[22:10] | – Hide that number. – I will. | – 把密码藏好 – 我会的 |
[22:11] | – Goodbye. – Goodbye. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[22:13] | I’m back. That was mom giving me the secret panic room code. | 我回来了 刚才是我妈要求给我她的紧急避难屋密码 |
[22:18] | She should just give it to Grandpa. | 她应该给外公啊 |
[22:20] | I suggested that, but she scoffed. Those two should just divorce and get it over with. | 我也这么说 可是她很不屑 他俩真该离婚 然后就清静了 |
[22:24] | – Don’t say that. – I was just talking. | – 你怎么能这么说啊 – 我不过是说说而已 |
[22:26] | It’s not funny. | 很没意思的 |
[22:27] | But this standoff between them isn’t good for anybody. | 可是他们之间的冷淡关系对谁都没有好处 |
[22:29] | Mom’s getting more insane and sharing the insanity with me and everybody else. | 我妈开始变得不正常 而且还要拉着我和别人一起不正常 |
[22:33] | Divorce is not the answer. I can tell you for a fact that Grandpa is miserable. | 离婚不是解决办法 我可以肯定地说外公过得很惨 |
[22:37] | Really? He and Jeeves seem very happy in their new modern relationship. | 真的? 他似乎很享受这种自己做主的时髦活法的 |
[22:41] | Grandpa misses Grandma terribly. | 外公特别想念外婆 |
[22:43] | Why? He say something like that? | 什么?他自己说的? |
[22:44] | – I just know. – How? | – 我就是知道 – 怎么知道的? |
[22:47] | Yesterday, when we had lunch on campus, Grandpa told me | 昨天我们在学校里吃午饭的 时候外公告诉我 |
[22:49] | that he finished “Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. ” Hmm? You see? | 他居然把<罗马帝国衰亡史>读完了 瞧见了吧? |
[22:54] | You want to de-Mensa the reference? | 你什么意思 解释一下呗? |
[22:55] | No one sits at home alone reading that book unless it’s a class assignment. | 如果不是因为要做作业 没有人会自个儿坐家里读那本书的 |
[22:59] | It just doesn’t happen. It’s a honking long book. It’s clearly a cry for help. | 反正就是不正常 那是本多冗长的书啊 可见他是需要有人拉他一把了 |
[23:02] | You’re very anti-intellectual. | 你可真不尊重文化 |
[23:04] | He asked me if Grandma had taken her car in for its six-month service. | 他问我外婆有没有把车开去 做半年一次的维护检查 |
[23:08] | Hon, that’s concern for her car, not for her. | 那是关心她的车 不是关心她 |
[23:10] | No, that’s concern about Grandma and her safety. | 才不 那使关心外婆和她的安全 |
[23:12] | Why didn’t you mention this to Mom at dinner? Maybe she would have been less panicked | 你吃饭的时候怎么没跟外婆提? |
[23:15] | about what he’s doing and the now-infamous glitter vest. | 那样她就不用对他的境况和那件花蝴蝶 似的亮片马甲庸人自扰了 |
[23:18] | I don’t want to open a can of worms. | 我可不想碰倒一串多米诺骨牌 |
[23:20] | How would that open up a can of worms? | 怎么讲? |
[23:21] | If I told her what I said, I’d have to tell her I had lunch with him, | 如果我把刚才说的告诉她 我就得带出我和外公一起午餐了 |
[23:24] | a lunch I had previously not informed her of and that would have made her jealous and defensive. | 这顿午餐我居然没提前告诉她 会让她嫉妒猜疑的 |
[23:28] | The less you tell Grandma, the better. | 所以呀 告诉外婆的越少越好 |
[23:30] | – By George, I think she’s got it. – What? | – 老天啊 她终于明白了 – 你说什么呢? |
[23:33] | I have been trying to burn that into your brain since you were a baby, but you stubbornly resisted. | 从小我就一直想给你灌输这个道理来着 可是你一点也不配合 |
[23:37] | Now a breakthrough. I’m so proud. | 你现在终于豁然开朗了 我真自豪 |
[23:38] | – So 6:30, you said? – By the gazebo. Dress is cas. | – 你刚才说6点半? – 在露台那里 休闲打扮 |
[23:41] | I really, really, really hate what’s going on with Grandma and Grandpa. | 我真是很讨厌很讨厌外公外婆现在的状况 |
[23:45] | I know, hon, but it’s up to them to fix it. | 我知道亲爱的 不过这只能由他们自己来修复 |
[23:47] | I guess. | 大概是吧 |
[23:49] | – I’ll see you tonight. – Okay. | – 晚上见 – 好的 |
[23:51] | See you tonight. Bye-bye. | 晚上见 挂了 |
[24:01] | Lorelai? This is a surprise. Did we have an appointment? | Lorelai 你怎么来了? 我们有约吗? |
[24:04] | Oh, no, I just stopped by to pick something up for Mom and apparently she’s not home. | 我只是经过帮妈妈拿点东西 可显然她这会不在家 |
[24:07] | She’s at a D.A.R. Meeting. She’s always there mid-Saturday afternoons. You should know that. | 她到”女子护国会”活动去了 她总是月中的周六下午去 你应该知道的 |
[24:11] | Oh, yeah. I guess I forgot. | 啊 是啊 我给忘了 |
[24:13] | Maybe one day the entire D.A.R. will go collectively wiggy and meet on a late Saturday afternoon. | 只有”女子护国会”成员全都不正常了 她们才有可能在月底的周六聚会吧 |
[24:18] | I doubt that. Can I get you something? Water, soda? | 瞎扯 你要喝点什么么? 水? 汽水? |
[24:20] | No, no, thanks. I’m fine. See you have your nose in your Proust. | 不用 谢了 你正钻研Proust的<追忆逝水年华>呢 |
[24:23] | – Yes, have you read him? – Oh, I tried once. Struck out. | – 是啊 你读过吗? – 我试过 简直读晕了 |
[24:27] | Whoa. That’s a lot of Certs. | 哇 你同时看这么多书啊 |
[24:28] | You know how that is – you pick one up, you forget you have it. | 你知道的 有时候你拣起一本来 读着读着就放下了 |
[24:31] | You pick up another. The cycle continues. | 然后又拣另一本来读 就这么恶性循环 |
[24:34] | – Kind of like me and men. – What? | – 就跟我和男人的关系似的 – 什么? |
[24:36] | I don’t know. Mom wasn’t here, so there was a vacuum. | 我也不知道 妈不在这 我就什么都敢说了 |
[24:39] | Ah. I’m sorry about the mess. | 啊 不好意思让你看到我这里这么乱 |
[24:41] | My man is with his sick mother, and I’m kind of left in the lurch here. | 我的男仆的母亲病了 所以我就被遗弃在绝境里了 |
[24:45] | Ah, your Lurch left you in the lurch. | 你的大块头男仆把你丢在绝境里 |
[24:47] | Hey, is that where that’s from? You know, Lurch on the “Addams Family”? | 这好像某个典故? |
[24:50] | – ‘Cause he would leave people in the lurch? – I’m not familiar with the etymology of Lurch. | – 就是触霉头陷绝境那个? – 我不太清楚这个典故 |
[24:54] | So Lurch is away, you’re back from your trip. Anything else new with you? | 先不说这个了 你刚旅行回来 有新鲜事吗? |
[24:58] | Not that I can think of. | 我觉得没有 |
[24:59] | How have you been spending your time lately? Anything new and fancy? | 你最近都怎么打发时间? 有什么新花样吗? |
[25:03] | Not really. | 没什么啊 |
[25:05] | I joined a barbershop quartet. | – 我参加了一个理发店四重唱组合 – 啊哈 |
[25:07] | – What do you mean, “aha”? – And what does the barbershop quartet entail? | – 你”啊哈”什么? – 这个组合有什么规则吗? |
[25:10] | It’s a musical group. We dress up in outfits. | -这是个音乐剧团体 我们要穿演出服 -啊哈! |
[25:14] | – Stop saying that. – What kind of outfits? | – 你还说 – 什么样的演出服? |
[25:17] | – Well, old-timey period things. – Straw hats, vests? | – 那种怀旧的风格 – 草帽和马甲? |
[25:21] | That kind of thing. And don’t say “aha” again. It’s loud. | 就是那类吧 别再说”啊哈”了 太吵 |
[25:24] | Dad, have you talked to Mom lately? | 爸 你最近和妈说过话吗? |
[25:27] | Your mother has nothing to say to me. | 你妈跟我没什么好说的 |
[25:28] | That’s not true. I’m sure she’d be interested in what you’re doing, like the quartet thing. | 才不呢 我敢肯定她对你最近的活动感兴趣 比如那个合唱组合 |
[25:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[25:33] | Why? You were together 40 years. | 你说为什么?你们在一起都40年了 |
[25:36] | She couldn’t care less about what I do. | 她一点都不关心我在做什么 |
[25:38] | Dad, you’re still her husband. And if you’re filling your nights with something, | 爸你仍然是她的丈夫 如果你晚上有什么活动 |
[25:42] | I’m sure she’d be curious what you’re filling them with, as you would be with her. | 我肯定她会很好奇是什么样的活动 就像她如果这样 你也会好奇的 |
[25:47] | Just think about it, okay? | 考虑一下 好吧? |
[25:49] | I’ll tell Robert to tell your mother you were here when he gets back. | Robert回来后我会让她告诉你妈你来过了 |
[25:52] | Bye. | 再见 |
[26:00] | When did the bathroom sink stop up? | 浴室的水槽什么时候塞住的? |
[26:02] | It just happened. I called the landlord. He’s on it. | 谁知道呢 我给房东打电话了 他会处理 |
[26:04] | ‘Cause we’ve got rights you know. This isn’t Russia. | 我们有这个正当权利 这里不是俄国 |
[26:06] | – Can I scoot in here? – Sure. | – 一起挤挤吧? – 行啊 |
[26:08] | Don’t brush too hard, dude. I’d show you my gums, but you’d puke. | 刷牙别太使劲伙计 我可以给你看我的牙龈 你会吐的 |
[26:10] | – What about flossing? – You mean the silent killer? It’s a rope of destruction. | – 用牙线怎么样? – 你说那种沉默的杀手?那就是破坏绳 |
[26:14] | – Nothing’s safe anymore. – Gentle little strokes. | – 什么都不安全了 – 轻轻刷就没事 |
[26:17] | We still lack basic necessities, man. We’ve gotta get a plunger. | 我们还是缺生活必需品 应该买个皮戽子 |
[26:21] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:21] | Wanna go today? | 今天去吗? |
[26:23] | To get a plunger? I know a store that sells ’em used. | 去买个皮戽子? 我知道有家店卖二手的 |
[26:26] | Zach? | Zach? |
[26:27] | – Yeah? – I’ve changed my mind. | – 什么? – 我改主意了 |
[26:29] | – I’ve changed my mind. I’m taking it back. – Taking what back? | – 我改主意了 我要收回 – 收回什么? |
[26:32] | I have no feelings for you. I was confused before, that’s all, but not anymore. | 我对你没感觉了 我之前被迷惑了 仅此而已 以后再也不会了 |
[26:35] | We’re roommates and bandmates, and that’s it, and that’s all it’ll ever be. | 我们只是室友和同乐队成员 没别的了 以后也不会有什么不同 |
[26:48] | – Is that them? – Yeah, that’s Stretch and Skinny. | – 那边是他们吗? – 是啊 “高高”和”瘦瘦” |
[26:50] | – Oh, man, he’s wearing nice slacks. – I don’t think so. | – 他穿了很有型的闲散休闲裤 – 我不觉得 |
[26:53] | – They’re creased. – That equals nice? | – 皱皱巴巴的 – 那就是有型? |
[26:56] | I hate that. It’s hard enough getting dressed for a date. | 真讨厌 本来为了约会打扮就够烦的了 |
[26:58] | When you’re gonna double with people, it’s like dressing for four. | 如果把约两倍的人 就是要打扮给4个人看 |
[27:01] | Well, at least be thankful you’re not wearing your penguin outfit. | 幸好你还没把你那企鹅服穿来 |
[27:03] | – Then you really would have been out of place. – This is so not a slacks evening. | – 那样的话你就真不合时宜了 – 这可真不是个闲散的晚上 |
[27:06] | – Please stop saying slacks. That word is creepy. – Sorry. | – 你别再说闲散了 这个词很别扭 – 抱歉 |
[27:09] | And don’t mention the “S” word to them, okay? | 也别跟他们俩提这个词 行不? |
[27:11] | Dean is going to be uncomfortable enough as it is. | Dean呆会肯定会觉得很不自在 |
[27:13] | We don’t want him to think that we’re judging him, or that you’re inordinately interested in his pants. | 我们不想让他觉得我们在对他评头论足 或者是对他的裤子特别地有兴趣 |
[27:18] | – Hi, hi. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[27:21] | – Dean. Hi. Hi. – Oh, hi. | – Dean 嗨 – 嗨 |
[27:23] | – Wow, this is going to be fun. – Yeah, absolutely. | – 今晚会很有意思的 – 是啊 肯定会 |
[27:26] | – How you doing, buddy? – Yeah, good. How you doing? | – 你还好吧伙计? – 还不错 你怎么样? |
[27:28] | Too bad you weren’t holding a trophy. That would have made a great picture. | 可惜我们没举个奖杯 那样我们就跟照片上似的了 |
[27:31] | So what’s on the agenda? | 今晚都有什么项目? |
[27:33] | We grab some takeout then hit the “Black, White, and Read” movie theater. | 我们买点外卖然后去”黑白红”影院 |
[27:35] | – Cool. – I miss that place. It’s been forever. | – 酷 – 我真想那个地方 很久没去了 |
[27:37] | They’re playing a great movie tonight. “Cool Hand Luke. “ | 今天演个好电影<铁窗喋血> |
[27:40] | – Not too shabby. – Let’s go get the food. | – 不会太不像样 – 我们去买吃的吧 |
[27:42] | – Well, good timing. No line at Jojo’s. – Let’s just get the stuff at my place. | – 这会正好 Jojo家没人排队 – 去我那里拿吃的吧 |
[27:45] | Why? | 为什么? |
[27:46] | – Same kind of food, but better. – Yours is way better. | – 同样的吃的 我那里的更好 – 你那里的好太多了 |
[27:48] | – That’s why we’re going to Jojo’s. – What? | – 所以我们要去买Jojo家的 – 你说什么? |
[27:51] | – Allow me. – Take it. | – 我来吧 – 好 |
[27:52] | We always do Jojo’s on B.W.R. Nights. | 我们总是在B.W.R.之夜吃Jojo家的东西 |
[27:54] | That’s short for “Black, White, and Read” movie theater. That’s our little nickname. | 那是”黑白红”影院的简称 我们给取的外号 |
[27:56] | I’m following it. | 我明白了 |
[27:57] | Because your stuff is good and has to be eaten pretty quickly. | 因为你家的实物太好了 必须快吃 |
[27:59] | – If it sits around, it starts to suck. – That’s true of all food. | – 一旦放时间长了就不好吃了 – 所有的食物都这样 |
[28:02] | Ah, but not Jojo’s. Jojo’s sucks to begin with, so it’s no worse when you eat it later. | 但是Jojo家的不是 Jojo家的本来就不怎么样 所以过一段时间慢慢吃也不会变得坏 |
[28:07] | It’s a relativity thing. Einstein and whatnot. | 好比相对论 爱因斯坦那之类的 |
[28:10] | The secret is Jojo’s chili. The chili acts as a seal. | 秘密在Jojo家的辣椒上 辣椒起了种封闭的作用 |
[28:14] | Jojo’s burgers could travel to China, and they’d still be just as good. | Jojo家的汉堡就算长途跋涉到 中国也会跟刚开始一样味道 |
[28:16] | – Because they start off bad. – Get it? | – 因为刚开始味道就不怎么样 – 明白了? |
[28:18] | – Not really. – Good, then let’s go. | – 没怎么明白 – 很好 我们走吧 |
[28:20] | – Plus, Jojo’s is cheaper. – ‘Cause it sucks. | – 再说 Jojo家的还便宜些 – 因为它不好吃 |
[28:22] | – I’m just saying. – Jojo is going to be so excited to be making a sale. | – 我就说了么 – Jojo肯定会很高兴能卖出去一次 |
[28:27] | – Hello? – Are they open? | – 有人吗? – 这会儿营业吗? |
[28:29] | – The sign said they were. – Hello? | – 挂的牌子上说营业的 – 有人吗? |
[28:31] | I have a gun! | 我可是有抢的! |
[28:32] | Chill out, Kirk. We’re here for the movie. | 别害怕Kirk 我们来看电影 |
[28:33] | – You were supposed to pay out front. – You weren’t out front. | – 你们应该在前台付钱 – 你又没在前台 |
[28:35] | – Here’s $20. – That’s too much. | – 给你20块 – 太多了 |
[28:37] | – Keep the change. – You can get in 16 more people for that. | – 不用找了 – 你再多买16个人的票也够了 |
[28:40] | Put it towards the popcorn. | 多余的算在爆米花里吧 |
[28:42] | – Let’s sit. – Yes, yes. Ooh, let’s take Big Red. | – 我们坐下吧 – 是啊是啊 我们来坐大红 |
[28:45] | Yes, Big Red. | 好啊 大红 |
[28:46] | – That’s the name for the couch. – Yes, thanks. I kind of caught onto that. | – 那是这个沙发的名字 – 多谢 我看出来了 |
[28:49] | – Oh, sorry. – No, no, no you go. | – 哎呀 不好意思 – 不不 你来吧 |
[28:51] | – That’s okay. – No, that’s fine. It’s the same down here. | – 没什么关系 – 这没什么 里面也一样坐 |
[28:55] | Cool, we have a short feature to start. “The Katzenjammer kids try to sit on the couch. “ | 酷 我们好像在演”吵闹的孩子们坐沙发” |
[28:59] | Whoa, I love the emptiness. | 哇 我真喜欢人不多的时候 |
[29:01] | Ah, means we can talk during the movie. | 那我们看电影时就可以交谈了 |
[29:02] | Would people being here have stopped you? | 在这里的人不会阻止你吗? |
[29:04] | We would have hesitated ever so slightly. | 那我们就会稍微收敛点 |
[29:06] | Food, food! | 吃东西 吃东西! |
[29:09] | Hello, everybody, and welcome to the “Black, White, and Read Theater”. | 各位晚上好 欢迎光临”黑白红”影院 |
[29:14] | – How are we all doing tonight? – Good, Kirk. How are you? | – 你们今晚都还好吗? – 很好Kirk 你怎么样? |
[29:17] | Good, I’m Kirk. | 很好 我是Kirk |
[29:18] | I’m very proud to announce that tonight’s feature presentation is the classic “Cool Hand Luke. “ | 我非常荣幸地宣布今晚的影片是 经典的”铁窗喋血” |
[29:25] | But I’m deeply sorry to report that the first reel of the movie inexplicably caught fire earlier this evening. | 但是我非常遗憾地告诉大家影片的上半部 拷贝在今晚早些时候着火损坏了 |
[29:32] | Oh, no! | 天哪! |
[29:32] | That’s what happens when Richard Pryor is your projectionist. | Richard Pryor给人放电影时就这样 |
[29:35] | I can still show you the film, but you’d miss the first 25 minutes. | 我仍然可以放这部电影 但是你们看不到头25分钟了 |
[29:39] | I’d be happy to recap what you’d miss, or even act it out for you. | 我可以描述你们看不到的那些 甚至表演出来 |
[29:42] | – I must say, I do a wicked George Kennedy. – What do you think? | – 我得说我演的肯尼迪很有些邪恶气质 – 你们说呢? |
[29:45] | – First 25 minutes are pretty important. – I agree. | – 头25分钟很重要 – 同意 |
[29:48] | But having Kirk reenact things can be pretty disturbing. | 但是Kirk的重新演绎很烦的 |
[29:50] | He totally ruined “Last Tango in Paris” for me. | 他完全把我看得”巴黎最后探戈”给搅了 |
[29:52] | What are our options in place of “Cool Hand,” Kirk? | Kirk 除了这一部还有别的可看吗? |
[29:54] | I can offer you anything from the theater’s library of films. | 我可以给你们放任何一部我们影片库里的 |
[29:57] | What have you got? | 你都有什么啊? |
[29:58] | A series of graphically violent driver’s education films or “The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking. “ | 有一系列画质不好的驾驶教学片 或者”长袜子皮皮历险记” |
[30:03] | – Pippi! – Yay! Pippi! “Annika, it’s Pippi!” | – 皮皮! – 皮皮! “是皮皮!” |
[30:06] | “Pippi Longstocking” it is. Enjoy your film. | 就放”长袜子皮皮” 希望你们看得愉快 |
[30:08] | How long has it been since we’ve seen “Pippi Longstocking?” | 我们多久没看”长袜子皮皮”了? |
[30:10] | Too long. | 很久了 |
[30:11] | – That’s gotta be one of our most watched films ever. – Oh, it’s up there. | – 这是我们最经常看的电影了吧 – 它最容易被想起来 |
[30:14] | I’ve seen it at least three times with you two. | 我和你俩都至少看了3次了 |
[30:16] | Isn’t it some kind of kids movie? | 那是儿童电影吗? |
[30:18] | Wait a minute. Have you never seen this movie? | 等等 你从来没看过? |
[30:20] | Never. | 从没 |
[30:21] | – We got us a “Pippi” virgin. – I didn’t think there were any left. | – 我们给”皮皮”带来个未垦地 – 再没别人是这样了吧 |
[30:23] | – And it’s not a kids movie. – It’s a classic of surrealism. | – 这不是个儿童电影 – 这是个经典的超现实主义杰作 |
[30:26] | – And bizarre cinematography. – And atonal singing. | – 还有奇幻的电影技巧 – 还有自由的旋律 |
[30:28] | And forced acting. | 还有有张力的表演 |
[30:32] | “Freckles on her nose, diddle diddle dee, a girl came riding, | “雀斑满鼻子 嘀嗒嘀嗒嘀 一个小姑娘” |
[30:36] | into town one day, diddle diddle dee, was quite a sight. | “骑马进城里 嘀嗒嘀嗒嘀 此景多神气” |
[30:40] | It’s Pippi Longstocking he ho ho ah he ha ha, | “那是长袜子皮皮 嘿呼呼啊嘿哈哈” |
[30:44] | it’s Pippi Longstocking there’s no one like her. | “那是独一无二的 长袜子皮皮” |
[30:49] | Happy as can be, diddle diddle dippy, tells you stories | “来讲个故事 嘀嗒嘀嗒嘀 快乐不能比” |
[30:53] | – you just wait and see, tra la la la la ” – What happened to her hair? | – “请你静静听 唰啦啦啦” – 她头发怎么那样? |
[30:57] | She’s between stylists now. It’s very awkward. | 她就这风格 怪不好说的 |
[30:59] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[31:01] | “有猴子和马儿陪 还有满箱的金币” “是不是很神奇?” 匒 monkey and a horse, a suitcase full of golden coins and you amazed? | |
[31:07] | – You okay? – Yeah, yeah. Of course. | -你还成吧? -没问题 |
[31:12] | Of course I will. I’ll behave just like a fine lady. | 我当然会的 我会表现得像个优雅的女士 |
[31:18] | Not a bad effect. | 特效还不错 |
[31:19] | I don’t think George Lucas is shaking in his boots, though. | 不过我没觉得George Lucas的腿 在靴桶里颤抖 |
[31:23] | I’ve always wanted to lift an immense quadruped over my head. | 我也一直想能够把一只 巨大的四足动物举过头顶 |
[31:26] | – What? – I can’t hear anything. | – 怎么了? – 我听不到了 |
[31:28] | – Oh. I’ll speak up. – Not you – the movie. | – 那我大声点 – 不是说你 是说电影 |
[31:32] | Why do you wear such large shoes? | 你为什么穿那么大的鞋? |
[31:34] | I love wiggling my toes, and I need plenty of room. | 我喜欢晃动脚趾头 我需要很多空间 |
[31:38] | Hey, look at her. | 嘿 瞧她呀 |
[31:39] | I still don’t understand why every merchant in town takes her gold coins as payment | 我还是不明白为什么镇里 每个商人都收她付的金币 |
[31:43] | without questioning where she got them.. | 而丝毫不怀疑她是怎么弄来的… |
[31:45] | Her father’s a cannibal king. Everyone knows they’re lousy with gold. | 他爸爸是食人生番的国王 每个人都知道他们有很多金子 |
[31:48] | This was a book, right? I should get the book. | 是有这本书的对吧? 我应该去弄这本书 |
[31:52] | Hey, you want to pass the popcorn there, buddy? | 伙计 把爆米花递过来吧? |
[31:53] | Oh, yeah. Sorry. | 啊好的 不好意思 |
[31:55] | Oh, hey, we’re below quarter full with the tub. You guys wanna fetch a refill? | 我们都吃了一多半了 你们再去装点? |
[31:59] | Sure. And drinks. | 当然 还有饮料 |
[32:00] | Thanks, Rory. | 谢了 Rory |
[32:07] | – Kirk? Kirk? – Yo. | – Kirk? Kirk? – 哎呀 |
[32:11] | – Hey, Lulu. – Hi, Rory. Hi, Dean. | – 嘿Lulu – 嗨Rory 嗨Dean |
[32:13] | Hi. We’re needing more popcorn. | 嗨 我们还想要点爆米花 |
[32:16] | Coming up. | 就来 |
[32:17] | Hold that thought | 保持情绪哦 |
[32:19] | I will. | 我会的 |
[32:20] | Boy, “Pippi”‘s a great make-out movie. | “皮皮”真是个适合钓女孩的电影 |
[32:22] | Much better than “Blood on the Highway” or “That’s my Daughter’s Head. “ | 比”血染公路”和”我女儿的头颅”好多了 |
[32:27] | – Hey, Cool Hand? – Hmm? | – 嘿 金刚? – 嗯? |
[32:29] | – Try to drop the ‘tude. – What ‘tude? | – 试着态度好点 – 我什么态度了? |
[32:31] | You practically barked at Dean to pass the popcorn. | 你刚才简直是在吼Dean传过爆米花来 |
[32:33] | I didn’t bark at him. Besides, he was hogging it. | 我没吼他 另外 他一直霸占着桶 |
[32:36] | Mm-hmm. Say “popcorn” more nicely, please. | 请柔和点说”爆米花” |
[32:38] | – I’ll try. – Good. | – 我会试着说的 – 很好 |
[32:40] | Does he have to be all over her like that? | 他非得那样全身都扑到她身上么? |
[32:43] | Who? Kirk? It’s healthy for him. His complexion has never been better. | 谁? Kirk? 这有益他的健康 他脸色从没这么好过 |
[32:46] | Dean. | 我是说Dean |
[32:47] | All they were doing was holding hands. | 他们只是牵手而已 |
[32:49] | Yeah. It was that innocent. | 哼 就那么纯洁呀 |
[32:51] | Unless he has a third hand, he wasn’t holding anything he wasn’t supposed to be holding. | 除非他还有只手干坏事 他的手没做什么不该做的事啊 |
[32:55] | And the way he grabbed that drink from her and started slurping on it. | 你瞧他从她那拿饮料然后吸进去的那样儿 |
[32:59] | She gave it to him to drink. Come on, chill. | 她自己给他喝的 拜托 冷静点 |
[33:02] | For me. And for Rory. It’s important. | 为了我 还为了Rory 这很重要 |
[33:04] | I said I will, and I will. | 我说我会的 那我就会的 |
[33:08] | Thanks, guys. | 多谢了 |
[33:10] | – Thank you, Dean. – No problem. | – 谢谢你 Dean – 没什么 |
[33:24] | Hi, Zach. | 嗨 Zach |
[33:26] | – I got something to say. – Okay. | – 我有话说 – 说吧 |
[33:28] | You’ve known me for two years. You’ve seen the good and the bad. | 你认识我两年了 优缺点都看到了 |
[33:31] | Oh, yeah! | 可不是吗! |
[33:33] | I mean, yes. | 我是说 对啊 |
[33:34] | You probably know me better than most people, including my parents. | 你可能比大多数人都了解我 包括我父母 |
[33:37] | Neither of them have seen me cry during “Dances With Wolves,” and you have. | 他们谁也没看到我在看”与狼共舞”时掉眼泪 不过你看到了 |
[33:41] | What’s this about, Zach? | 你到底要说什么 Zach? |
[33:42] | You, of all people, know that it takes me a while to process things, okay? | 你比其他人都了解我是个慢半拍的人 好吧? |
[33:46] | You saw how long it took me to get that chord change in “Brian’s Tune. “ | 你看到了我花了很多时间才学会 “Brian曲调”里的和弦变化 |
[33:49] | It was a tricky chord change. It wasn’t your fault. | 那是个很难的和弦变化 不是你的错 |
[33:51] | Whatever. It’s just the way it is. | 不管怎么说吧 我就是这样 |
[33:53] | Now, I may not be fast, but that’s what we’re dealing with here. | 我可能就是慢半拍 但这是我们现在遇到的情况 |
[33:57] | And this issue with me and you is going to take longer than a chord change, okay? | 我们俩之间的事处理起来可要比 和弦变换花的时间长 行不? |
[34:02] | Sure. | 当然 |
[34:03] | I hope you weren’t expecting an “Officer and a Gentleman” kind of thing when I came in just now. | 我希望我刚才进来的时候你没期待 一场”军官与绅士”里的场景 |
[34:07] | – I was not expecting that. – Good. | – 我没有 – 很好 |
[34:09] | – So we clear? – Yes. | – 那我们都说清楚了? – 是的 |
[34:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[34:16] | – You want something to eat? – Yes. | – 想吃点东西吗? – 想 |
[34:18] | – Name it. – Give me a minute, okay? | – 点吧 – 让我想想行么? |
[34:20] | Sorry. Sure. Take a minute. | 抱歉 当然行 慢慢想 |
[34:34] | Did she own that house she lived in before she rode the horse into town, | 她骑马去镇上之前住的房子是她自己的么? |
[34:37] | – or did she buy it with her gold coins? – That’s a good question. | – 她是用她的金币买的么? – 这是个好问题 |
[34:39] | Oh, yeah, I see a prequel in the works. “The Adventures of Pippi in Escrow. “ | 啊 是啊 我看你可以出个前传了 “皮皮买房历险记” |
[34:43] | – I’d go see it. – So, beverages. Shout ’em out. | – 我肯定会看的 – 要喝点什么自己说 |
[34:45] | – Water. – Beer. | – 水 – 啤酒 |
[34:46] | Yeah, beer sounds good. | 对 啤酒不错 |
[34:49] | Oh, you’re serious. You want a beer? | 啊 你是认真的? 你要啤酒? |
[34:50] | – Yeah. – Yeah, okay. Bring him a beer. He’s not driving… or 21. | – 是啊 – 好吧 给他拿啤酒 他既不开车…也不是21岁 |
[34:55] | – Fine. I won’t have a beer. – No, buddy, go ahead. Have a beer if you want one. | – 行了 我不喝啤酒了 – 别啊伙计 来吧 想喝就喝 |
[34:58] | – You’re tall. You’ve got slacks. You can have one. – I don’t want one anymore. | – 你又高 又打扮休闲 你可以喝 – 我一点也不想喝了 |
[35:02] | – Can I substitute something for you? – Water, I guess. | – 我能给你拿点别的吗? – 水就行吧 |
[35:04] | Put some barley and hops in it, buddy. No one’s judging here. | 放点大麦和蛇麻草进去 这里没人会说你什么的 |
[35:07] | – Water. – We have good water here, right Mom? | – 就是水 – 我们这里的水挺好的对吧妈? |
[35:09] | Oh, yeah – and I’ll bring out a couple of extra beers, and those of us who want them | 对 我会多拿几瓶酒 我们中谁想喝就喝 |
[35:12] | can grab them as need be. Just keep an eye on Rory, or she’ll grab them all for herself. | 要看好了Rory 不然她就全拿去喝了 |
[35:16] | – I’ll try to refrain. Need help? – No, you stay, entertain. I’ll be right back. | – 我会节制的 要帮忙吗? – 不用 你留下来招待他们 我马上回来 |
[35:25] | Hey, remember when you guys were on a softball team together? | 还记得你们在同一个垒球队时候的事么? |
[35:32] | It was just a pickup game. | 那只是个拣球运动 |
[35:37] | But you guys played a neighboring town, right? I forget which one. | 你们和临镇打球对吗?我忘记是哪个镇了 |
[35:40] | Um… but I do remember that you guys did Stars Hollow proud. | 但是我记得你们是Stars Hollow的自豪 |
[35:46] | In fact, I think it’s probably the best team Stars Hollow has ever thrown. | 其实我认为你们队是Stars Hollow 有史以来最好的 |
[35:50] | Or however you would word that phrase I attempted in the proper softball vernacular. | 或者你们把我想说的用垒球的行话来翻译一下 |
[35:55] | Yeah, well, I haven’t played in awhile. | 我可是有一阵没打球了 |
[35:57] | Same here. | 我也是 |
[36:00] | Dum de dum dum dum. | 珰嘀珰嘀珰 |
[36:02] | What’s that? A song? | 你哼什么?某首歌? |
[36:03] | No, it’s just dum de dum dum. | 不是 只是随口哼哼 |
[36:06] | Okay. Well, here are the beverages. | 好了 饮料来了 |
[36:09] | – Thanks. – Thanks. | – 谢谢 – 谢谢 |
[36:11] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就来 |
[36:12] | Where are you going? | 你去干嘛? |
[36:14] | – It’s time to bring out the Bop It. – Bop It! Yes, yes! Good idea. | – 我去拿智力玩具 – 好主意!智力玩具! |
[36:18] | Hey, look what I found. Bop It! Who wants to play? | 嘿 看我拿的什么 智力玩具 谁想玩? |
[36:21] | – I want to play! – Let’s all play. You guys know how to play? | – 我想! – 一起玩 你们知道怎么玩么? |
[36:24] | – I’ve played it here before. – Yeah, he has. | – 我以前来这儿玩过 – 对了 他玩过 |
[36:26] | Yeah, I remember. Hey, Cool Hand. | 我想起来了 嘿 金刚 |
[36:28] | – What is it? – Oh, well… each guy holds one of the handles. | -这是什么啊? -每人抓一个把手 |
[36:33] | And you start up, and then you do whatever it says. You twist it or pull it or Bop It until one of you’s out. | 然后开始 它怎么说你怎么做 你或扭或拉或敲它 直到某一方输掉 |
[36:38] | Watch. I’ll be yellow. You be green. | 看着 我是黄色 你是绿色 |
[36:41] | Twist it. Pull it. Bop it. Yellow. Flick it. Ow! | 扭它 拉它 敲它 黄色的 弹它 噢! |
[36:49] | Okay, you try it. | 好了 你们来试试 |
[36:50] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[36:51] | It looks like Luke is green, and Dean is yellow. | Luke是绿色 Dean是黄色 |
[36:55] | We’ve got ourselves a contest here. | 我们这儿有场小比赛 |
[36:57] | Yep. | 没错 |
[36:58] | – You wanna do a practice run? – It’s not that complicated. | – 你要不要先练习一下? – 这没什么复杂的 |
[37:01] | Okay. Here we go. | 好吧 开始 |
[37:04] | Twist it. Spin it. Pull it. | 扭它 转它 拉它 |
[37:09] | Pull it. Flick it. | 拉它 弹它 |
[37:12] | – Don’t hurt the Bop It, guys. It’s got feelings too. – Pull it. Bop it. | – 别伤害玩具 它也是有感知的 – 拽它 敲它 |
[37:16] | – Looks like it’s a draw. – Good going, guys. Why don’t you take a break? | – 看起来是平局 – 真不错伙计们 你们不如休息一下? |
[37:19] | Green. Twist it. Twist it. Twist it. Bop it. Ow! | 绿色的 扭它 扭它 扭它 敲它 哎哟! |
[37:25] | – Green wins! – Yeah! In your face! In your face! | – 绿色赢了! – 好啊! 赢了你了! |
[37:28] | – Fine. You won. – I hammered you, buddy. | – 行了 你赢了 – 我击败你了伙计 |
[37:31] | – It’s just a stupid game. – Says the loser. | – 这只是个傻乎乎的游戏 – 输的才这么说 |
[37:35] | – I gotta go. – Already? | – 我得走了 – 这么早? |
[37:36] | Yeah, it’s getting late. Thank you, Lorelai. Thanks for everything. | 是啊 天晚了 Lorelai多谢了 |
[37:39] | You’re welcome, Dean. Anytime. | 不用客气Dean 我该做的 |
[37:41] | I’ll call you later. | 我再打电话给你 |
[37:43] | Okay. Yeah, call me. | 好的 打电话 |
[37:47] | – Thanks a lot. – What did I do? | – 还得多谢你啊 – 我没干什么啊? |
[37:49] | Rory… | Rory… |
[37:49] | We shouldn’t have gone out like this if people didn’t want to. | 如果有人不情愿那我们不该这样一起出去 |
[37:52] | No, Rory, I wanted to. | 不对Rory 我想去的 |
[37:54] | – You made no effort. – I did. I swear. | – 你一点也没尽力 – 我尽力了 我发誓 |
[37:56] | – Look, we can talk about this later. – He had some sort of chip on his shoulder. | – 我们以后再说这个吧 – 他根本开不起玩笑 |
[37:59] | Oh, come on, Luke. You’re the reason we had to pull out the Bop It. | 承认吧Luke 你使我们把智力玩具都搬出来了 |
[38:03] | What? | 什么? |
[38:03] | Bop It’s what we bring out for social gatherings that need mouth to mouth. | 我们只有在聚会冷场到没救的 时候才拿这个玩具出来 |
[38:06] | – I’m going back to school. – Rory, wait. I feel awful here. | – 我回学校了 – Rory等等 我觉得很对不住 |
[38:09] | No, it’s okay. Whatever. Bye, Mom. | 没什么 别提了 再见妈 |
[38:12] | – Bye, honey. Drive safely. – Yeah, drive safe. | – 再见宝贝 开车慢点 – 对 开慢点 |
[38:19] | I feel awful. | 我觉得很糟糕 |
[38:20] | Well, it’s – you know, it’s my fault. I forced this. | 怎么说呢 是我得错 我硬拉着你们的 |
[38:22] | It’s not your fault. I shouldn’t have said yes to a double date. | 不是你的错 我就不该答应四人约会 |
[38:27] | – Well, I wanted to do this. – But I can’t be around that guy. | – 可我想这样的 – 可是我实在不能和那家伙相处 |
[38:30] | – I knew that, and I said yes anyway. – Why can’t you be around him? | -我早就知道 可我还是答应了 -你为什么不能和他相处? |
[38:32] | – Because he’s not good for her. – Luke… | – 他不适合她 – Luke… |
[38:35] | – He’s not. He’s not right for her. – You’re mad at Dean from years past. | – 他就不是 他根本对她不合适 – 你多年前就对Dean不满意 |
[38:39] | What’s past is past. They’re a couple now. Do you even remember why you’re mad at him? | 过去的就过去了 他们现在是一对 你还记得你究竟为什么生他气的吗? |
[38:42] | He’s a punk. That’s what I remember. Just look at his history. He broke her heart before. | 他是个痞子 我记得这个 想想他的过去吧 他曾经伤过她的心 |
[38:45] | Their problems were mutual. You don’t know the whole story. | 他们双方都有责任 你不知道事情的全貌 |
[38:48] | He got married and bailed out before the honeymoon was even over. | 他结婚了然后蜜月还没渡完就落跑了 |
[38:50] | – When you’re young, you make mistakes. – He was pining for Rory, and he got married. That’s unstable. | – 年轻人免不了犯错误 – 他想着Rory又和别人结婚 |
[38:55] | – He’s 19. Give him a break. – He doesn’t know what he wants. | – 他才19 别揪着他不放 – 他不知道自己想要什么 |
[38:59] | He’s proven that. How can Rory trust him now? | 他之前已经证明了的 Rory现在怎么能信任他呢? |
[39:01] | Matters of the heart are not science. There are no sure things. | 感觉这东西不是科学说得清的 世事无绝对 |
[39:04] | – He’s not good enough for her. – Well, who is? Jess? | – 他配不上她 – 那么谁配? Jess? |
[39:07] | No, not Jess. A prince, maybe. One that’s in line to be king. | 不是Jess 也许王子可以 以后将成为国王的那种 |
[39:11] | Not one of those waiting-for-a-brother-to-die ones, but a real one. | 不是那种第二顺位继承人什么的 是真正的那种 |
[39:14] | If not a prince, someone who’s gonna be good for her. You know, Rory is like Pippi. | 如果不是王子 那也得是配得上她的 Rory就像皮皮一样 |
[39:19] | – Pippi? – She can have adventures and be free, she’s smart. | – 皮皮? – 她可以去历险 获得自由 她那么聪明 |
[39:22] | The whole world’s waiting for her. | 整个世界都向她敞开 |
[39:24] | You’re comparing Rory to Pippi Longstocking? | 你拿Rory和长袜子皮皮比? |
[39:27] | Pippi is strong and independent. She can lift a horse above her head. Uh-huh. | 皮皮坚强独立 她可以把马举过头顶 |
[39:31] | And beat up bullies and build a hot-air balloon. She’s unique, like Rory. | 还能教训欺负弱小的家伙 还会造热气球 她那么独特 和Rory一样 |
[39:36] | But I guarantee you, if Pippi had met Dean, there would be no horse, no balloons. | 但我敢保证 如果皮皮和Dean在一起 她就不可能会举马造气球了 |
[39:40] | He’d drag her down to his level, spend all her gold coins, and poof, like that, all her dreams would be gone. | 他会让她近墨者黑 花掉她所有的金币 她所有的梦想都会被吹灭 |
[39:44] | It’s Rory’s choice who she chooses to be with. Not yours, not mine. | Rory有权选择她和谁在一起 你我说了不算 |
[39:48] | Does it feel right to you? Are you okay with this Rory-and-Dean thing? | 你觉得这对劲儿么? 你对他们的关系没话说? |
[39:54] | I just need this to work. | 我必须得让它对劲儿 |
[39:59] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[40:00] | Not stopping till he’s upset every person that means anything in the world to him in one night. | 等他把世上对他好的人在一夜之间 都得罪光了 你才会停手么 |
[40:13] | – You want a beer? – Yes. | – 想喝啤酒吗? – 想 |
[40:26] | Maybe if I brought out the Twister. | 也许我拿另一个游戏出来就好了 |
[40:29] | Maybe. | 没准儿 |
[40:34] | Who is it? | 谁啊? |
[40:36] | I hope this isn’t a bad time. | 我希望我没有来得不是时候 |
[40:37] | No, I was just catching up on some correspondence. | 没有 我正在更新通讯录 |
[40:41] | I just wanted to let you know that our property tax bill is wrong this year. I’m contesting it. | 我只是想告诉你我们今年的房产税 给搞错了 我正在投诉 |
[40:46] | In case they call here, I wanted to let you know. | 如果有人打电话来 我希望你知道一下 |
[40:48] | – Fine. Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 好 谢谢 – 不用客气 |
[40:51] | Oh, and I’ve joined a barbershop quartet. | 我加入了一个理发店四重唱组 |
[40:55] | Yeah, we do it up right. Dress in period costumes. | 我们干得不错 穿怀旧演出服 |
[40:58] | These silly vests and things. We’ve performed a couple of times at charity events. | 傻乎乎的马甲那一类 我们在慈善活动上演过几次 |
[41:04] | – All right. – It’s part of a barbershop chorus. | – 好吧 – 那是个理发店合唱队的一部分 |
[41:07] | – That’s a group of about 30. – Very good. | – 合唱队有大约30人 – 很好啊 |
[41:10] | I guess I’ll be going. | 我走了 |
[41:15] | I bought a panic room. | 我买了个紧急避难屋 |
[41:17] | Very good. | 很好 |
[41:28] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨 |
[41:31] | – Well, I guess that was a bust, huh? – Sorry. | – 我说那真是场混乱哈? – 抱歉 |
[41:35] | – Maybe it was too soon. – Well, your mom was real nice. | – 可能进展得有点快了 – 你妈妈人很好 |
[41:37] | – She was great. Thank her for me, okay? – I will. | – 她很棒 替我谢谢她 – 我会的 |
[41:41] | It was fun for a while there, though, wasn’t it? | 那期间有一阵子还是挺有意思的 不是么? |
[41:43] | Yeah. The movie was. It was real fun. | 是啊 看电影的时候 电影很有意思 |
[41:46] | Like the old days. | 就像以前一样 |
[41:48] | Like the old days. | 就像以前一样 |
[41:51] | I’d invite you over, but Kyle’s entertaining some buddies. | 我本该请你去我那 不过Kyle有几个朋友在 |
[41:55] | I should go anyway. | 反正我也该走了 |
[41:57] | – Want a ride? – I’m almost there. | – 我捎你一程? – 我快到了 |
[41:59] | Okay. Kiss. | 好吧 亲一下 |
[42:02] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[42:21] | Synchro: Amariss – www. forom. com – |