时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Psst! Lorelai! | 璞呲! Lorelai! |
[00:06] | Jackson! | Jackson! |
[00:07] | Shh! Just come here a sec! | 嘘! 过来一下! |
[00:11] | I need you to get some stuff for me from Doose’s. | 帮我在Doose那拿点东西 |
[00:13] | – Jackson, what are you doing? – Stop saying my name. | – Jackson 你这是干什么? – 别叫我名字了 |
[00:15] | Look, Sookie’s got major food cravings, and I can’t go into Leech Headquarters | 你看 Sookie现在极度想吃东西 我又不能走进Leech小店 |
[00:19] | or they’ll be all over me in two seconds flat. | 否则他们在两秒内就会都扑上来 |
[00:21] | Selectman job isn’t getting any easier, huh? | 镇政委的工作还是很不容易 是吧? |
[00:23] | No, it’s getting worse! | 是啊 越来越难做了! |
[00:25] | Like last week, Anne Beninghoff comes to me, right? | 像上个星期 Anne Beninghoff 跑来找我 |
[00:28] | She wants to put a sales cart outside the colonial museum selling revolutionary war books | 她想在殖民博物馆外面停辆推车 卖革命战争的书 |
[00:32] | and “just a few arrowheads”. Fine. Then Sally Lanigan hears about that, | 说是”就一点” 好吧 然后Sally Lanigan听说了 |
[00:37] | and she wants to sell her pine needle sachets out in front of the gazebo. Fine. | 她就想在露台前卖她的松树针叶的香袋 那也没关系 |
[00:41] | But then Kirk comes to me in an outrage because he’s allergic to all pine-scented things, | 但之后Kirk就怒气冲冲地跑过来跟我说 他对一切有松树味道的东西过敏 |
[00:46] | and how could I not know this, and pretty soon I’m nothing but an empty suit of Jackson-skin. | 我怎么能不知道这个呢 所以紧接着 我就只是个披着Jackson皮的空壳了 |
[00:51] | – Ew. Well, what do you need? – Oh, thanks. | – 天 那你要些什么东西? – 哦 多谢 |
[00:53] | Uh, let’s see here. Grapefruit juice, milk duds, | 啊 让我看看 葡萄汁 牛奶巧克力糖 |
[00:57] | bloody mary mix, extra spicy turkey sausage – | 血腥玛丽酒 还有重辣味的火鸡肠 |
[01:00] | this is all going in the same blender, by the way – | 这些都要放一起的 还有 |
[01:02] | Good Lordy! | 偶滴神啊! |
[01:03] | Chives, man, I’m getting a stomachache just reading this list! | 细香葱 伙计 光念这个单子我就胃痛! |
[01:06] | Give it to me, I’ll brave headquarters for ya. | 给我吧 我会代替你冲锋陷阵的 |
[01:08] | Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. | 哦 谢谢谢谢谢谢 |
[01:11] | – Do not go where you’re going. – Well, what’s one leech versus a swarm? | – 难逃一劫 – 吸血鬼和蜂窝你选哪个? |
[01:16] | I have no sanctuary! | 我可没有避难所! |
[01:17] | The pothole on the road to the Dragonfly is getting worse. Kids are starting to swim in it. | 通往蜻蜓旅馆路上的道口越来越糟 孩子们不得不游进去 |
[01:21] | I’ll put it on the list along with everything else. | 我会把这点也写进日程表里头的 |
[01:23] | – Top of the list, please? Jackson? – Don’t! | – 放第一位好不好 拜托? Jackson? – 别! |
[01:26] | Oh, was that too loud? Can’t always tell. | 哦 声太大了吗? 我总是分辨不出来 |
[01:29] | It’s on top of the list. | 就在第一位 |
[01:30] | Be back in a flash. | 去去就回 |
[02:29] | – Sookie, I’m home. – I’m home, too! | – Sookie 我回来了 – 我也回来了! |
[02:32] | Were we followed? | 我们有没有被跟踪? |
[02:33] | I don’t think so. Good thing we ditched that Audi in Marseille, | 我不觉得耶 幸好我们把奥迪扔在了马赛 |
[02:36] | now we just have to find that tracking device. | 现在我们只要找到跟踪器就行了 |
[02:39] | Sookie! Honey, what’s wrong? | Sookie! 亲耐滴 怎么了? |
[02:42] | I just – it’s just – it’s just so sad! | 我只是 只是 这太可怜了! |
[02:46] | Ugh! People magazine! Jackson, you know we don’t allow soft human interest stories | 哦! 人物杂志! Jackson 你知道 她怀孕的时候不要让这些 |
[02:51] | – around Sookie when she’s pregnant! – She must have snuck it in! | – 勾人眼泪的人物故事出现在她周围! – 她肯定是偷偷拿到的! |
[02:53] | I just felt like they were perfect for each other, you know? | 我只是觉得他们太登对了 你了解吗? |
[02:56] | Uh-huh. Who, honey? | 恩嗯 谁啊 亲耐滴? |
[02:58] | The two of them! The one with the hair, and the teeth, and the – you know! | 他们俩啊! 有头发 有牙齿 有-的那个 你知道的! |
[03:04] | Who’s got hair and teeth? | 谁有头发有牙齿啊? |
[03:05] | And the Divine Brown thing that happened, and bammo! Their love’s in the toilet! | 然后Divine Brown跑出来 然后他们的爱就变质了! |
[03:10] | We’re talking Elizabeth Hurley and Hugh Grant. | 原来是Elizabeth Hurley 和Hugh Grant |
[03:12] | She must have found an old one somewhere. | 她肯定在别的什么地方找到这旧书的 |
[03:14] | That was years ago, Sookie! | 这是好几年前的新闻了 Sookie! |
[03:16] | Tons of people have broken up since then. | 从那以后一堆人都分手了 |
[03:18] | Oh my God! | 哦我的天! |
[03:20] | No, no, it’s okay. Everyone is together and happy. | 没有没有 没事的 大家都幸福地在一起 |
[03:22] | – Dispose, please. – Gladly. | – 销毁这玩意儿 拜托 – 没问题 |
[03:24] | Oh, is that my food? | 哦 那是我要的吃的? |
[03:25] | Yes, yes, look. We got, uh, turkey sausage, extra spicy like you wanted… | 是啊 你看 我们给你带了 唔 火鸡肠 是你要的重辣口味的 |
[03:31] | Yuck. | 讨厌 |
[03:31] | – And grapefruit juice? Rapini? – Ugh, puke. | – 葡萄汁? 意大利蔬菜? – 呃 好恶 |
[03:35] | You’re not craving things anymore, are you? | 你不想狂吃东西了 是吧? |
[03:36] | – I’m sorry. – No. | – 对不起 – 没事啦 |
[03:38] | I mean, I’m so friggin’ impossible. You’re so good to me | 我是说 我这么不可理喻 你却对我这么好 |
[03:41] | and you go to all this trouble and you get me everything I want | 你得这么费心去搞到我要的所有东西 |
[03:44] | and then I don’t want it anymore. | 然后我又不想要了 |
[03:46] | I’m sorry that you have to be in love with a crazy person. | 对不起你爱上了一个疯婆娘 |
[03:50] | Come here. I’ll tell you what. | 过来 我想说的是 |
[03:52] | I’ll deal with as much moodiness and food weirdness as you can dish out, | 我来搞定这些多愁善感和奇怪的吃的 随你想不想要 |
[03:57] | as long as you do the actual squeezing a human being out of your body part. | 你呢 就担心怎么把肚子里的小家伙 怎么挤出来就行了 |
[04:01] | Deal. | 就这么办 |
[04:02] | Okay. That car just slowed down as it went past the house. | 没错 那辆车经过房子时慢了下来 |
[04:07] | Jackson, why don’t you get away from the window, go relax or something? | Jackson 你就离窗远点 去放松下 好吗? |
[04:09] | Oh, I shouldn’t be near a window! | 哦 对 我不该靠近窗户! |
[04:11] | Why don’t you take it easy, sweetie, and go check on Davey? | 为什么不能放松点呢 甜心 去看看Davey吧? |
[04:13] | All right. But if anyone calls for me, I’m not here. | 好的 不过要是有人打电话找我 就说我不在 |
[04:16] | And I’m armed and dangerous. | 就说我全副武装 靠近我很危险 |
[04:19] | He loves you. | 他好爱你哦 |
[04:22] | Then he’s certifiable. | 所以他这么神经兮兮 |
[04:23] | ‘Cause I’m certifiable and you have to be certifiable to put up with that. | 因为我神经兮兮的 所以你也不得不 神经兮兮地忍受这一切 |
[04:27] | Hey, you’re pregnant. You’re not supposed to be normal. | 你怀孕了 你不应该正常的 |
[04:30] | I guess so. | 我觉得也是 |
[04:32] | It may be mean, but when I worry too much about how I’m treating Jackson, | 也许这么说很过份 不过当我过份担心 该怎么对待Jackson时 |
[04:37] | I just remember Brandy. | 我就想起了Brandy |
[04:40] | Brandy? | Brandy? |
[04:41] | Christopher’s Brandy. | Christopher的Brandy |
[04:42] | Christopher’s Sherry? | Christopher的Sherry? |
[04:44] | Oh. I knew it was something like that. | 哦 我就知道是这么叫的 |
[04:46] | Anyway, I’m handling this all better than her. | 不管怎么说 这些事我做得比她好 |
[04:49] | – How is he, anyway? – Christopher? Fine. | – 他怎么样? – Christopher? 很好啊 |
[04:52] | Wow, you know what? I have no idea. He never called me again. | 哦 你知道么? 我也不知道 他再也没打电话给我 |
[04:56] | – Really? – Not once since I went over there. | – 真的? – 从我去那之后一次也没有 |
[04:59] | I assume he’s doing fine, but I don’t know. | 我猜他应该很好 不过真实情况不清楚 |
[05:02] | He never called? All those problems with baby were solved in one night? | 他再也没打过电话? 那么些孩子的问题一夜之间都解决了? |
[05:06] | – Kind of weird, isn’t it? – A little. | – 有点奇怪 不是吗? – 有点 |
[05:08] | You never know with him. He’s as unpredictable as a pregnant woman. | 你永远猜不透他 就像怀孕的女人 一样不可预测 |
[05:11] | No offense. | 不是说你 |
[05:12] | None taken. | 了解 |
[05:13] | I hope he and Gigi are okay, the last time I was over there he was duct taping her diapers. | 希望他和Gigi过得还好 上次我去那时 他正在给孩子换尿布 |
[05:17] | But, I’m sure he’s found the tabby thingies by now. | 不过 我相信他已经找到 波纹状的东西了 |
[05:21] | Yeah, I’m sure he’s okay. | 嗯 我想他应该很好 |
[05:22] | – Milk chocolate and artichoke hearts! – What? | – 牛奶巧克力糖和洋蓟! – 哈? |
[05:24] | That’s what I want and I am not going to change my mind. | 我就想要这些 不变了 |
[05:26] | Milk chocolate – bell peppers! Now I’m not going to change my mind. | 牛奶巧克力和甜椒! 不会再变了 |
[05:31] | Jackson, I figured it out! No, dark chocolate. | Jackson 我想好了! 不 是黑巧克力 |
[05:34] | Ooh, taffy! Taffy and walnuts! Taffy, ooh, pistachios! Ooh, hearts of palm! | 哦 太妃糖! 太妃糖和胡桃! 太妃糖 哦 还有阿月浑子实! 哦哦 棕榈树仁! |
[05:43] | Paris, please don’t compare our reading speeds again. You’re fast, I’m slow, enjoy your trophy. | Paris 拜托不要比我们的阅读速度了 你很快 我很慢 享受你的胜利吧 |
[05:47] | I need the exact time of today’s sunset. | 我想知道今天日落的具体时间 |
[05:49] | I’m in the middle of an article. | 我正看东西呢 |
[05:50] | Well, if you read faster you wouldn’t be. | 你要是看快点就不会了 |
[05:53] | Okay, the time of today’s sunset is four thirty-one. | 好吧 今天日落是在4点31 |
[05:57] | Okay. Then I just have to keep my mind occupied until four thirty-one. | 好 那我只要在4点31前找点事做就行了 |
[06:02] | – Paris. – What? | – Paris – 干吗? |
[06:03] | Tell me again why you’re fasting for Ramadan. | 再跟我说一次为什么你赶着看斋月 |
[06:06] | Look, Rory, if you want to crib your articles from the A.P. wire that’s your business. | 你看 Rory 如果你想从联合报社 为你的文章抄点东西 那是你的事 |
[06:09] | I, on the other hand, actually give a rat’s ass about journalistic integrity. | 而我 对于新闻的真实性非常看重 |
[06:12] | When I write about Ramadan, I experience Ramadan. | 如果我要写斋月 我就要自己体验一次 |
[06:15] | – Are you chewing gum? – What? Yes, why? | – 你在嚼口香糖? – 啊? 是啊 怎么? |
[06:18] | I’d really prefer it if you didn’t chew it at me. | 如果你不对着我嚼 我会很感激的 |
[06:20] | Paris, did you know that not eating can make people kind of snippy? | Paris 你知不知道 不吃东西会让人变得暴躁? |
[06:24] | Ramadan is about a lot more than just not eating. | 斋月比不吃东西重要得多 |
[06:26] | It calls for a total abstinence from food particles passing through the mouth or nose. | 要求人完全不吃东西或闻气味 |
[06:30] | Your Bazooka is passing through my nose. | 你浓重的气味现在就冲着我鼻子 |
[06:32] | It’s unlocked. | 门没锁 |
[06:34] | Hey Marty. | 嗨 Marty |
[06:35] | So, I just bartended this crazy brunch, with chocolate fountains | 我刚在从某个丰盛的早午餐打工归来 还有巧克力喷泉 |
[06:39] | and floating ice sculptures and I snagged us all kinds of hors d’oeuvres. | 和一堆冰雕 我把开胃菜都带了过来 |
[06:42] | Nice going, bucko. | 干得好 大侠 |
[06:43] | Okay, so she didn’t really mean nice going, right? | 好吧 她不是真的在说我干得好 对吧? |
[06:46] | ‘Cause there’s sort of a devil eye thing going on. | 因为她用一种恶魔的眼神看着我 |
[06:48] | She’s fasting. | 她在禁食 |
[06:49] | People came to America to escape religious persecution. | 人们为了逃避宗教迫害来到美国 |
[06:52] | Well, what religion is anti-leftovers? | 那什么宗教是反对吃剩菜的? |
[06:56] | – Hello? – Hi, guess where I am. | – 你好? – 嗨 猜我在哪呢 |
[06:58] | – Mom! – Go on, guess. | – 老妈! – 继续猜 |
[06:59] | – Oh, I don’t know, Luke’s? – But not just at Luke’s, on the phone at Luke’s. | – 哦 我不知道 Luke店里? – 不仅仅在Luke店里 是Luke店里的电话旁 |
[07:03] | And it’s all perfectly legal, because I’m on the diner’s phone. | 而这完全合法 因为这是餐馆的电话 |
[07:06] | – A loophole, nice. – Gotta love a loophole. | – 避难处啊 很好 – 可不是嘛 |
[07:09] | Getting to use Luke’s behind the counter phone, that’s like getting to wear his letterman jacket. | 用Luke柜台电话旁边的电话 就好像穿他优秀运动员的夹克一样 |
[07:12] | I know. Maybe now he’ll ask me to the sock-hop. | 我知道 也许现在他就要惩罚我了 |
[07:14] | I’m glad you guys are all loophole-y and sock-hop-y. It’s nice. | 我很高兴你们俩又玩避难又玩惩罚的 很好很好 |
[07:17] | Yeah. Well, um, I just called to, you know… | 是啊 唔 我只是打电话来 你知道 |
[07:21] | brag about my loophole and check on plans for Friday night dinner? | 吹吹我的避难处 确认周五晚餐的安排? |
[07:24] | Hey! | 喂! |
[07:25] | Hun, hold on a sec. | 哦 等下 |
[07:27] | What are you doing back here? | 你站到里面来干嘛呢? |
[07:29] | You didn’t have permission to be behind the counter, did you? | 你没有站在柜台后面的许可证 是吗? |
[07:31] | You don’t need permission if you’re the girlfriend! | 我是他女朋友 我不需要许可证! |
[07:32] | A sack of potatoes falls on your head, the insurance company doesn’t care if you’re the girlfriend. | 如果一袋马铃薯掉你头上 保险公司 才不在乎你是不是我女朋友 |
[07:36] | Well, you’re storing potatoes in a very weird place if you’re worried about them falling on people’s heads. | 如果你担心马铃薯掉人头上 你一定把马铃薯藏在很诡异的地方 |
[07:40] | Go, go, get! | 出去 出去! |
[07:41] | Okay, I’m getting. | 好 我出去啦 |
[07:42] | He’s kicking you out! | 他把你赶出来了! |
[07:44] | No. He’s just my boyfriend, so protective of my safety, | 没有 是我男朋友 他只是很保护我 |
[07:47] | the thought of food falling on my head makes him crazy. | 担心有吃的掉我头上 那样他会疯掉的 |
[07:50] | So, anyway, what’s better for you, carpool or meet there? | 那么 言归正传 你想怎么样 拼车 还是在这见面 |
[07:54] | Meet’s better I guess. | 在那见吧 |
[07:55] | Okay, honey I’ll see you there. | 好 宝贝 到时候见 |
[07:57] | Oh, wait, there’s something I want to run by you. | 哦 等会 有件事要拜托你 |
[07:58] | Can’t you just plug your nose or something? | 你就不能把自己的鼻子塞住吗? |
[08:01] | Sure, ask a billion Muslims to plug their noses. That makes a lot of sense, Marty. | 是啊 让十亿穆斯林塞住他们的鼻子 真聪明 Marty |
[08:07] | – Okay, so I’ve got an idea. – Finally, this Yale thing’s kicking in. | – 你看 我有一想法 – 总算 上耶鲁有点价值了 |
[08:10] | I am sick of humoring Grandma and Grandpa during this stupid separation of theirs. | 我不想再迎合外公外婆的分居计划了 这太愚蠢了 |
[08:15] | This “drinks here, dinner there” is dumb. | 什么”在这儿喝酒 在那儿吃饭” 太没劲了 |
[08:17] | It’s not working, and we should not do it anymore. | 这样不行 我们不该再那么干了 |
[08:19] | Well, if you feel it is best to end the Friday night dinners, | 好吧 如果你觉得结束周五晚餐 是最好的方法 |
[08:24] | then, as your mother, I feel it is my duty to support you. | 那么 作为你的母亲 我觉得我有义务支持你 |
[08:27] | I’m not saying we should end Friday night dinners. | 我没说要结束周五晚餐 |
[08:29] | Okay, well, then, as your mother, I feel it is my duty to tell you that you’re wrong. | 好 那么 作为你的母亲 我觉得我有义务告诉你这是不对滴 |
[08:33] | We need to take a stand. No more humoring. | 我们要摆出强硬的态度 不能再迁就他们了 |
[08:35] | We need to get them in a room and talk some sense into them. | 我们应该让他们坐在一起 跟他们讲点道理 |
[08:38] | And to do that I think we should divide and conquer. | 为了达到这个目的 我们应该分而攻之 |
[08:41] | So this Friday I’ll have dinner with one and you’ll have dinner with the other. | 所以这周五 我和他们其中一个一起吃 你和另一个一起 |
[08:44] | Uh-huh. Hey, what happened to the idea of ending Friday night dinners? | 唔 嗨 你说结束周五晚餐怎么样? |
[08:47] | ‘Cause I thought that one had real potential. | 我觉得这个想法很有潜力 |
[08:49] | This way we can each talk to them, one on one. Break them down. | 我的方法能一对一跟他们讲 说服他们 |
[08:52] | Convince them that their separation isn’t okay with us. | 跟他们说我们不赞成他们分居 |
[08:55] | It’s not? | 我们不赞成? |
[08:56] | Mom, I know they both want to be with each other. | 妈 我知道他们都想和对方在一起 |
[08:59] | Hun, my parents are very stubborn. | 宝贝 我父母是很固执的 |
[09:01] | I don’t want you to get your hopes up about the outcome. | 我不想你对结果抱太大期望 |
[09:03] | But I can’t stand it the way it is. I think they both miss each other | 可我受不了他们现在这样 我觉得他们都想念对方 |
[09:06] | but they’re just too proud, and it’s just – it’s kind of breaking my heart. | 他们只是太骄傲了 只是 我的心都要碎了 |
[09:10] | So, which one do you want me to take? | 那么 你想让我跟哪个谈? |
[09:12] | How about I’ll take Grandpa and you’ll take Grandma. | 我和外公你和外婆怎么样 |
[09:14] | Bah! No. | 啊! 不要 |
[09:15] | Okay, then I’ll take Grandma, you take Grandpa. | 好吧 那我和外婆 你和外公 |
[09:17] | – Bah! No. – Mom! | – 啊! 不要 – 老妈! |
[09:19] | Can’t I take the butler? He doesn’t talk much and, as far as I can tell, thoroughly enjoys the way I dress. | 就不能派我去和管家聊吗? 他话不多 而且就我所知 他很喜欢我的穿衣方式 |
[09:25] | She’s throwing things at me! Religious sanctuary, please. | 她居然朝我扔东西! 申请宗教避难 拜托 |
[09:28] | The butler is not an option. | 没有管家这个选项 |
[09:31] | Fine, I’ll take her. | 好吧 我和外婆 |
[09:32] | Thank you. Bye. | 谢谢啦 再见 |
[09:34] | What’s the bacon wrapped around? | 培根包着啥? |
[09:37] | Something bacon should never be wrapped around. | 培根不该包的东西 |
[09:40] | Rich people. | 有钱人哦 |
[09:41] | They live very different lives. | 他们的生活与众不同 |
[09:43] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[09:44] | – So, that was Rory? – Yeah. | – 你刚和Rory讲电话? – 是啊 |
[09:45] | – How’s she doing? – Fine. | – 她怎么样? – 挺好啊 |
[09:46] | With the Dean thing and all? The breakup? | Dean和其他事情之后? 分手那事? |
[09:48] | She sounds okay actually. She’s petite but she’s strong. | 事实上听起来她还不错 她长得小 不过很坚强 |
[09:51] | Good. I’m glad. | 很好 我放心了 |
[09:53] | – Don’t gloat. – I’m not gloating. | – 不许偷笑 – 我没偷笑 |
[09:54] | Yes, you are. | 你有 |
[09:55] | I just said I’m glad she’s okay. That’s not gloating. | 我只是说我很高兴她没事 没有偷笑 |
[09:57] | It was your tone. Like you were covering up for being gloaty by being extra non-gloaty. | 是你的语气 好像用特别的没有偷笑 的语气掩盖你的偷笑 |
[10:01] | – Lorelai. – You always hated him, I get it. | – Lorelai – 你从来就讨厌他 我知道 |
[10:02] | I never hated him, I just never thought he was right for Rory. | 我从没讨厌过他 只是觉得他不适合Rory |
[10:05] | I swear, I’m not gloating. | 我发誓 我没偷笑 |
[10:07] | Well, I don’t know. If it walks like a gloat and quacks like a gloat… | 那我就不知道了 如果走起来像 声音像 |
[10:10] | – I wasn’t. – I gotta go. Kiss. | – 我没有 – 得走了 亲亲 |
[10:15] | I stink, there’s your headline, keep your distance. | 我发臭了 得挂个横幅 保持距离 |
[10:18] | – Better run. – Call you later. | – 快跑吧 – 一会打给你 |
[10:20] | If I don’t strangle myself with the phone cord I’ll answer. | 如果我没拿电话线上吊 我就会接 |
[10:22] | Hi, TJ. | 好啊 TJ |
[10:23] | Three feet, Lorelai, ’cause I haven’t showered in as many days. | 三尺远 Lorelai 我好几天没洗过澡了 |
[10:26] | Oh. Bye, TJ. | 呃 再见 TJ |
[10:30] | – I need your shower, buddy. – I’m sorry. Broken. | – 我要用下你的浴室 兄弟 – 对不起 坏了 |
[10:32] | Really? ‘Cause you’re looking powder fresh. | 真的吗? 你看上去刚擦了粉嘛 |
[10:34] | I am not powder fresh. | 我没有 |
[10:36] | Come on! Luke, we got no water at our new place, and the flies, they are a-buzzing, man. | 拜托! Luke 我们新房子里没水 还有苍蝇 成天嗡嗡 伙计 |
[10:40] | Fine, you can use my shower, TJ. | 好吧 去洗吧 TJ |
[10:42] | You’re the best, you know that? I worship you. | 你最好了 知道么? 我太崇拜你了 |
[10:45] | Yeah. You should build an altar. | 是啊 你该建个圣坛 |
[10:48] | You know, I know I shouldn’t ask you this, but why isn’t your water turned on? | 你知道 我不该问这个 可为什么水还不来? |
[10:52] | ‘Cause the pipes got trashed after I demo’d the upstairs bathroom. | 因为我弄坏浴室后管子就废了 |
[10:56] | You weren’t going to demo the bathroom. | 你不能弄坏浴室 |
[10:57] | Right, but I had a little accident installing a towel rack, | 知道 可我装毛巾架的时候 发生了一点小意外 |
[11:00] | and next thing you know, the whole bathroom’s demo’d. | 然后接下来 你知道 整个浴室废了 |
[11:02] | Because of the towel rack. | 就因为毛巾架 |
[11:04] | I got very angry at this towel rack. | 我对这个毛巾架非常生气 |
[11:06] | Yes, that’s… that’s very normal. | 是啊 这是 这是应该的 |
[11:07] | But I got some replacement pipe, I just gotta cut it up into shorter pieces | 不过我还有些备用的管子 只要切成短点的 |
[11:11] | and stick it together, and we’re good to go. | 然后粘一块 然后就可以用了 |
[11:13] | Okay, sounds like you know what you’re doing. | 很好 听起来你明白自己在做什么 |
[11:15] | I just need some kind of tool that cuts pipe, what would you call that? | 我只是需要一些切割工具 怎么说来着? |
[11:18] | I don’t know, a pipe cutter? | 不知道 切管刀具? |
[11:20] | That’s it! A pipe cutter! | 就是这个! 切管刀具! |
[11:22] | You know anyone who’s got a pipe cutter? | 你知道谁有切管刀具吗? |
[11:24] | I have a pipe cutter, would you like to borrow it? | 我有一把 你要借吗? |
[11:26] | That cuts pipe, right? | 那能切管子 对吗? |
[11:27] | Hey, TJ, why don’t you just hire a professional? | 我说 TJ 为什么你不雇个干这行的呢? |
[11:30] | Because I’m trying to be responsible. What with the move and being in escrow and everything, | 因为我想为这个负责 什么契约啦 所有事 |
[11:33] | I’m not exactly flush. So I figured I’d do it myself. Is that so wrong? | 我不会脸红的 所以我想自己干 有什么错吗? |
[11:39] | I’ll help you cut the pipe, TJ. | 我来帮你切管子吧 TJ |
[11:41] | Oh, hey, that’s beyond the call. | 哦 你真是太好了 |
[11:44] | You’ve got to be the best brother-in-law in the world. | 你一定是世界上最好的小舅子了 |
[11:47] | Uh-huh, thanks. Anything else? | 唔 多谢 还有别的事吗? |
[11:49] | You know it’s real hell trying to make coffee without water. | 你知道 没有水很难泡咖啡 |
[11:52] | Have some coffee, TJ. | 来点咖啡吧 TJ |
[11:54] | And a cruller, to cut the bitterness. | 再来张薄饼中和下苦味 |
[11:56] | ‘Cause sometimes, no offense, I find your coffee a little bitter. | 因为有时候 别生气 我觉得你的咖啡有点苦 |
[12:01] | I mean it’s good. It’s just a little bitter. | 我是说咖啡不错 就是有点苦 |
[12:06] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[12:08] | Shoot. | 说 |
[12:08] | There’s a couple here I thought I recognized but I was not sure. | 那儿有对夫妇我觉得我能认出来 但不确定 |
[12:11] | So I consulted an old guest ledger from the Independence Inn | 所以我查了下原来旅馆的客人登记表 |
[12:14] | and found a physical description that confirmed their identities. | 发现有一处外表描述指定了他们 |
[12:17] | Physical description? | 外表描述? |
[12:19] | Yes. I had described them with astonishing accuracy, | 是的 我令人惊奇地极度精准地 描述了他们的外表特征 |
[12:22] | down to the crooked eyes and unsightly moles. | 小到歪斜的眼睛和难看的痣 |
[12:25] | You have a system of describing what people’s moles look like? | 你还有描述别人痣长什么样的本事? |
[12:28] | Mm-hmm. Moles, freckles, estimate of weight, are they buxom, is their chin cleft, | 嗯 痣啦 雀斑啦 体重估计啦 是不是丰满啦 是不是双下巴啦 |
[12:32] | do they walk with any sort of limp, et cetera, et cetera. | 走路是不是跛脚啦 等等等等 |
[12:35] | But this is beside the point. You remember the Bathrobe Bandits. | 不过这些都不是重点 记得”浴袍双盗”吧 |
[12:38] | No. | 不记得 |
[12:39] | The married couple, from Massachusetts that stole bathrobes | 那对马萨诸塞来的夫妇 专门偷浴袍 |
[12:42] | from the Independence Inn every time they came. | 每次去Independence旅馆的时候都偷 |
[12:44] | We called them the Bathrobe Bandits. They are here. | 我们称之为”浴袍双盗” 他们来了 |
[12:47] | Did they bring their moles? | 他们带痣吗? |
[12:48] | With your permission I’m going to remove their bathrobes from their room | 你允许的话 我就去把他们房间的浴袍拿走 |
[12:51] | – as a preventive measure. – No, no, no. Michel, come on. | – 作为预防措施 – 别别 Michel 别这么做 |
[12:53] | If they steal robes, we can just charge their credit card. | 如果他们偷浴袍 我们就从他们的信用卡里扣 |
[12:55] | And if they take a credenza! Or a couch! You think they’ll stop at robes? | 如果他们偷走书柜呢! 或者沙发! 你觉得他们只会偷浴袍吗? |
[12:59] | Then I’ll start jotting down mole locations along with you. | 那我就和你一起记下他们痣的位置 |
[13:01] | But for now, let’s take a flyer on them. | 但是现在 我们就睁一只眼闭一只眼吧 |
[13:03] | – I should never tell you anything. – Promise? | – 我就不该告诉你什么事 – 你保证? |
[13:06] | I’m going to leave a vaguely threatening note in their room. | 我要在他们房间放张含蓄的恐吓告知 |
[13:09] | No, no, no, Michel! | 别别别 Michel! |
[13:25] | Hello? | 喂? |
[13:25] | Well, if it isn’t Mr. Incommunicado. | 你好 是孤独先生吗 |
[13:28] | Lorelai | Lorelai. |
[13:29] | I figured you turned Amish or something and couldn’t make any calls | 我猜你变成了亚米希人还是什么人种 所以不能打电话 |
[13:32] | until Rumspringa, but no, here you are, answering a phone. | 直到青春期被释放出来 不过没有 你现在就在接电话呢 |
[13:34] | Uh, yeah. | 唔 是啊 |
[13:36] | So, how are you? | 那么 你怎么样? |
[13:37] | Uh, fine. | 唔 挺好 |
[13:39] | Is this a bad time? | 是不是打得不是时候? |
[13:40] | No, not at all. So what’s going on? | 没有 完全没有 怎么了有事? |
[13:43] | Not much, just working at the old salt mine. | 还行 不过就是在老盐矿里工作 |
[13:45] | But earlier I was talking to Sookie who, by the way, got herself knocked up again, crazy slut. | 不过之前我还和Sookie说来着 她啊 又大肚子了 疯女人 |
[13:50] | So uh, anyway, we were talking about babies and she asked me about you and Gigi | 所以 我们谈起了小孩 她问起我你和Gigi的近况 |
[13:54] | and that’s when I realized I hadn’t talked to you in a while, so here we are. | 然后就想起来我们有段时间没联系了 所以我就打电话来了 |
[13:57] | Sorry I haven’t called, I’ve just been, you know, really busy. | 对不起没打电话 只是我最近 你知道 真的很忙 |
[14:00] | Okay. Well, no worries, I know you’ve got your plate full taking care of Gigi. | 好吧 那么 没关系 我知道你忙着照顾Gigi |
[14:06] | Um, are you sure this isn’t a bad time? | 啊 你确定我没有打得不是时候? |
[14:09] | No, no it’s fine. Fine. | 没有 没关系的 很合适 |
[14:12] | Perfect. So, how is Gigi? She still alive? Last time I was there things were a little dicey. | 那就好 那Gigi怎么样? 还活着吗? 我上次在那的时候局面有些不可控制 |
[14:16] | She’s good. Everything’s fine, Lor, everything’s good. Your help was great and I’m absolutely fine. | 她很好 一切都很好 Lor 一切都很好 你帮了很大的忙 我现在很好 |
[14:22] | Okay, well, good. So I guess I’ll talk to you later. | 好的 那么 很好 那以后再联系吧 |
[14:25] | Sure. Definitely, okay? I’ll talk to you later. Take care. | 当然 就这样 好吧? 以后再联系 保重 |
[14:30] | Okay. Bye. | 好的 那再见 |
[14:31] | Listen, Lor, I just want you to know that I only called you before because I was desperate. | 听着 Lor 我只是想你知道 之前打电话给你是因为我很无助 |
[14:34] | I mean, there was no other reason. I was just panicked and I didn’t think, you know? | 我是说 没其他原因 我当时很慌乱 没想其他的 你明白吗? |
[14:39] | Chris, sure. | Chris 我明白 |
[14:40] | I know that I shouldn’t have bothered you. I know you have your own life and your own stuff, | 我知道不该再打扰你了 我知道你 有自己的生活要过 有自己的事情要做 |
[14:43] | and I shouldn’t be butting in. But it was just a one-time thing, you know? | 我不应该介入 那事就那么一次 你明白? |
[14:45] | So you don’t have to worry about it. | 所以你不用为这事操心 |
[14:47] | Chris! Come on, you can call me any time you want. You know that. | Chris! 好了 你任何时间都可以打电话 你知道的 |
[14:50] | Yeah, well. | 是的 好吧 |
[14:52] | I’m always here for Gigi, whatever you need. | 我会一直愿意帮忙Gigi的事的 无论你需要我做什么 |
[14:55] | ‘Cause we got bonds, baby, just try and break ’em. | 因为我们有共同点 就是孩子 牢不可破 |
[14:57] | Thanks, Lor. | 谢谢 Lor |
[14:59] | No problem. | 没关系 |
[15:00] | Anyhow, Gigi’s great. | 不过 Gigi很好 |
[15:02] | I’ve got new pictures too, I can e-mail them to you if you want. | 我给她拍了新照片 我可以在电脑上 给你传过去 如果你想看的话 |
[15:04] | Or bring her around next time you’re in the ‘hood. | 或者下次你来这区的时候把她带过来 |
[15:06] | Stars Hollow is a ‘hood now? | Stars Hollow现在算区了? |
[15:07] | Oh, it’s always been a ‘hood, we just try to keep it on the down-low. | 哦 一直就是 我们只是想有点神秘感 |
[15:10] | But seriously, you should come by. | 不过说正经的 你应该过来玩玩 |
[15:12] | Well, I’m actually going to be adjacent to the ‘hood on Saturday, | 那好 事实上我周六会去那附近 |
[15:14] | ’cause I’m taking Gigi to see her grandparents. | 因为我要带Gigi去看看爷爷奶奶 |
[15:16] | Come by Saturday. | 周六过来吧 |
[15:17] | Are you sure? I don’t want to… | 你确定? 我不想 |
[15:19] | Come by. We can have lunch here at the Inn. You, me and Gigi. | 过来吧 我们可以在旅馆吃午饭 你 我 还有Gigi |
[15:21] | That way I can check she’s still got all her arms and legs. | 那我就能检查下她是不是 还有胳膊有腿的 |
[15:24] | All right. Sure. Sounds good. | 好吧 可以 听上去不错 |
[15:27] | – Uh, Saturday it is. – Okay, see you then. | – 那就周六 – 好 周六见 |
[15:30] | – Yes, you will. – Bye. | – 你会的 – 再见 |
[15:36] | Grandpa, it’s fine. | 外公 没关系的 |
[15:37] | No, it certainly is not fine. | 不 当然有关系了 |
[15:40] | When you’re entertaining an elegant young lady for dinner, then dinner is to be expected. | 当你招待一位优雅的年轻女士吃晚餐 就该有晚餐准备好了 |
[15:44] | But I just sprang this on you. You can’t be held accountable for your lack of elegant-young-lady food. | 但我是突然来的 您不用对 优雅的年轻女士没晚餐吃而负责任 |
[15:48] | Well, I am delighted with your company, though I’m still a little confused at the new arrangement. | 你看 我很高兴你能来陪我 虽然我对新安排仍然有些困惑 |
[15:53] | Well, Mom and I realized that we don’t really get to spend as much time | 是这样 我和妈妈意识到 自从您和外婆分居后 |
[15:56] | with you and Grandma since the separation. So we decided to split up. | 我们有点不太好安排时间 所以我们俩就各自来了 |
[16:00] | Well, how would you feel about | 好吧 你觉得 |
[16:05] | some batteries and Nutella? | 电池和巧克力酱如何? |
[16:08] | Oh, rats, I had that for lunch. | 哦 糟糕 我午饭就吃了那些 |
[16:10] | Well, that seems to be all I have in here. | 好吧 似乎我这儿只有这些了 |
[16:13] | Robert’s shopping skills leave something to be desired. | Robert的购物技巧有待改进 |
[16:16] | – So, Grandpa… – Wait! I think I have some canned peaches. | – 那么 外公 – 等等! 我想我还有些罐装桃子 |
[16:20] | – You’ve really made it comfortable out here. – Huh, pears. | – 你把这弄得真得很舒适 – 呃 是梨 |
[16:23] | Nice. Like a vacation spot. You know, fun, and all yours, | 很好 就像野营基地 你知道 很有趣 什么都是你的 |
[16:28] | not permanent, but fun – for now. | 虽然不是永久居住地 不过目前很有趣 |
[16:31] | Yes, well, “fun for now” is exactly what I was going for. | 是的 “目前很有趣”就是我想要的 |
[16:35] | – So it’s not permanent. – What? | – 那就不是永久居住地了 – 什么? |
[16:36] | The pool house. It’s not permanent. You just said “fun for now”. | 这个水池边的房子 不是永久性的 你刚说了”目前很有趣” |
[16:39] | Did I? I must have heard it somewhere. | 有吗? 我肯定在别的地方听过这说法 |
[16:42] | I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s good to shake things up every now and then. | 我是说 别会错意 时不时地打乱下事物有好处 |
[16:45] | You know, put a little paint on the house, move the furniture around the den, go blonde. | 你知道 给房子上点漆啦 变床头家具的位置啦 染个金发啦 |
[16:50] | But after you’ve done all that, it can also be nice to go back to something that’s comfortable. | 不过这些都干过之后 回到某种让你安心的东西身边也不错 |
[16:55] | Something you’ve depended on for, let’s say, forty years. | 某种你依赖的东西 比如说 四十年的光阴 |
[16:59] | I mean, if something’s been around that long, it must have been for a reason, right? | 我是说 如果什么东西在你身边呆了 那么长时间 肯定是有原因的 对吗? |
[17:03] | You’re a lovely girl. | 你真是个体贴的女孩 |
[17:04] | I have good genes. | 我的遗传基因不错 |
[17:05] | Oh, I think I remember seeing a frozen pizza in here. | 哦 我记得我在这见过一个冻匹萨 |
[17:08] | Really? | 真的? |
[17:09] | Aha! Now… | 啊! 现在 |
[17:12] | the downside of this discovery is since Robert is currently doing all the shopping, | 这一发现消极的一面就是 自从Robert负责购物之后 |
[17:17] | this pizza could have been here since Lorelai’s tenth birthday party. | 这块匹萨可能自从Lorelai十岁生日 聚会之后就一直在这 |
[17:21] | The upside, however, is that there is cheese in the crust. | 不过 积极的一面是 匹萨里面有奶酪 |
[17:23] | I’ve always been a “glass-is-half-full” kind of gal myself. | 我一直都是那种”还有半杯水”的乐天派 |
[17:26] | All righty then. | 那就好 |
[17:28] | Here goes nothing. | 晚餐很快就上 |
[17:30] | Stupid little… | 傻死了 |
[17:36] | What, Mom? | 你说什么 妈妈? |
[17:37] | Oh, nothing. I’m just trying to make a proper drink, that’s all. | 哦 没什么 我只是想弄杯好喝的 就这样 |
[17:40] | Sorry about the change of plans. | 对不起突然改变晚餐计划 |
[17:42] | Oh, please. I’m as flexible as the next person. | 哦 没事啦 我和隔壁那家伙一样善于变通 |
[17:44] | See, Rory thought that since Dad’s moved out to the pool house, | 你看 Rory认为自从爸爸搬到 水池边的房子住后 |
[17:47] | we’re not getting enough time with either of you. So… | 我们就没有足够的时间和 你们好好相处 所以 |
[17:49] | I guess I could use the ice in the freezer, though it’s probably old. | 我想我可以用冰箱里的冰块 虽然已经冰很长时间了 |
[17:51] | You know what they say, a little notice ensures fresh ice. | 你知道人们常说 提前打个招呼 就能确保永远新鲜的冰块 |
[17:54] | – I’m sorry, who says that? – We’ll just have to have scotch neat. | – 不好意思 什么人说这话? – 我们只好喝不带冰块的苏格兰酒了 |
[17:57] | Super. | 超级棒 |
[17:58] | I’d offer you wine, but all the wine I have has to breathe. | 我想给你红酒的 不过我所有的红酒 都在酝酿中 |
[18:02] | That requires notice. | 那需要通知 |
[18:10] | What are you looking at? | 看什么呢? |
[18:11] | Nothing. It’s just, isn’t this weird to you? | 没什么 只是 你不觉得很奇怪吗? |
[18:15] | – What? – Sitting next to each other? | – 奇怪什么? – 我们这样并排坐着? |
[18:16] | – Would you like me to move? – No, it’s fine. It’s just – close. | – 要我坐旁边去么? – 不用 没关系 只是 这样很亲密 |
[18:20] | Will you explain to me again why we are doing this? | 你能不能再给我解释下 我们为什么要这么干吗? |
[18:22] | I have no idea, ’cause you usually sit over there. | 我也不知道 因为你通常都坐那儿 |
[18:25] | I’m talking about Rory being in the pool house, Lorelai. | 我说的是Rory在水池边的房子里 Lorelai |
[18:28] | Rory just thought we should split up tonight, get in some quality couch time. | Rory只是认为我们今晚应该各自来 和你们来点有深度的炉边谈话 |
[18:33] | It seems very silly. We had a perfectly good system worked out. I don’t know why we changed it. | 似乎很愚蠢 我们以前那样安排很完美 我不知道为什么要改变 |
[18:41] | So Mom. Do you think you and Dad are getting back together? | 那么妈妈 你觉得你和爸爸会复合吗? |
[18:43] | – Absolutely not. – Okay. Got any peanuts? | – 绝对不会 – 好的 有花生吗? |
[18:45] | Your father has proven to me once and for all he’s moved on with his life. | 你父亲已经向我证明了 他最终会不在乎我 |
[18:48] | You don’t think that moving on with his life would’ve actually included moving? | 你不觉得他不在乎你 并不真正包括要搬走吗? |
[18:51] | – No. – Okay. | – 不 – 好的 |
[18:52] | We attended the Dorman School Bazaar last week – it was a big, formal gala, | 我们上周参加了道门学校的市集 那是个盛大而正式的节日活动 |
[18:56] | all our friends were there – and at dinner he made me reach for the butter. | 我们所有的朋友都去了 晚餐时他让我帮他拿黄油 |
[19:01] | What? | 什么? |
[19:02] | It was sitting right there in front of him, and yet he didn’t offer me the dish. | 黄油就在他面前 他还没给我端菜 |
[19:06] | He buttered his own roll, offered the dish to the man next to him, and that was it. | 他给自己的面包抹上黄油 给坐他旁边的男士端菜 这就是他 |
[19:10] | And that’s why you think he’s moved on? | 那就是为什么你觉得他不在乎你了? |
[19:12] | It was a total disregard for my needs. | 那是完全漠视我的需要嘛 |
[19:15] | I might as well not have had a roll in front of me at all. | 我也许还没吃过面前的面包呢 |
[19:18] | Well, Mom, I’m sorry. | 好吧 妈妈 很遗憾 |
[19:20] | Very upsetting. | 太令人伤心了 |
[19:22] | But at some point you have to face facts, and the facts are, he’s moved on. | 不过从某种程度上来说你得面对现实 现实就是他不在乎我了 |
[19:26] | And therefore I should move on also. | 所以我也应该向前看了 |
[19:28] | Absolutely. Move on dot org. | 没错 往前看吧 物质女 |
[19:32] | I think it’s time for me to date. | 我想我该开始重新约会了 |
[19:34] | Oh, my God. | 喔 天啊 |
[19:36] | – I want to go on a date. – With… a man? | – 我想和人约会啊 – 和…一个男人? |
[19:39] | – No, a weasel. Of course with a man! – I’m not hearing this. | – 和黄鼠狼! 废话 当然是和男人 – 我什么都没听到 |
[19:42] | Well, why shouldn’t I date? I’m still a viable commodity. | 为什么不能约会 我魅力依旧啊 |
[19:44] | I need a paper towel and a Valium, please. | 我要一张湿纸巾和镇静片 谢谢 |
[19:46] | There are plenty of men at the club who, in the past, have made their interest in me known, | 会所里曾有很多优秀男人 对我有过意思 |
[19:49] | I just need to figure out how to reciprocate their feelings. | 我只需要了解该如何跟他们周旋即可 |
[19:52] | You have a lot of experience with men. How do you let them know that you’re available? | 你阅历过很多男人 用什么方法让他们知道可以约你的? |
[19:56] | Well, one of those bench ads usually does the trick. | 电线杆上的小广告可以宣传这一点 |
[19:58] | Lorelai, stop it. I need help here. | Lorelai 拜托 我要你帮我 |
[20:00] | It’s been years since I did this, and I don’t remember the proper procedure! | 很久没有约会 我已经忘了正确的步骤 |
[20:05] | Now take me through this step-by-step. | 所以你现在要帮我 一步一步教我 |
[20:07] | You see a man, you walk up to him and you say… | 你看到个男人 然后走向他 然后和他说 |
[20:11] | – Hello. – Is that too forward? | – 您好 – 这样会不会太唐突? |
[20:13] | No, it’s the appropriate way to indicate you’re open to a social engagement. | 不会 这是指引你回到社交圈最正确的一步 |
[20:17] | Unless, however, you are approaching a weasel. | 除非 你准备跟黄鼠狼去说话 |
[20:20] | Then I believe the proper signal is just to offer him your hindquarters. | 那样给点后腿肉就可以上钩了 |
[20:26] | Hey. My night was great. | 嘿 今晚我过得愉快极了 |
[20:29] | Grandpa made frozen pizza. Granted, he made it on a cedar plank, | 外公做了冷冻的披萨 当然 他是在烧烤架上做出来的 |
[20:33] | which was not what the manufacturer intended, but I got a chance to say a lot of things to him. | 烧烤架商可没想到能派这个用处 不过我抓到一个机会跟他聊很多 |
[20:37] | Things about living in the pool house, and about him and Grandma, | 关于那个池边小屋 关于他的生活 当然 还有他和外婆 |
[20:40] | and though I used veiled references I know he got my point | 虽然我有所修饰 但我知道他明白我意思的 |
[20:44] | and he is definitely thinking about it. How’d you do? | 他绝对会思考这个问题的 你呢 过得怎么样? |
[20:46] | – Grandma wants to date. – What? | – 外婆想开始约会了 – 什么? |
[20:48] | She wants to date men who hang out at the club and who have expressed interest in her in the past. | 她想和过去在会所里面 对她有过意思的男人约会 |
[20:51] | What do you mean she wants to date? You weren’t supposed to make her want to date! | 你说她想约会是什么意思? 你不应该让她想要开始约会的啊! |
[20:55] | You were supposed to make her want to get back together with Grandpa! | 你不是应该让她和外公重新在一起的吗 |
[20:58] | Hey, I told you not to make me have dinner alone with her. | 喂! 我早和你说过了 不要让我和她单独吃饭 |
[21:00] | What did you say to her? | 那你和她说了些什么? |
[21:01] | I said “Are you getting back together with Dad?” and she said he wouldn’t butter her roll. | 我说”你会不会跟爸爸重归于好?” 然后她说他不肯给她的面包上黄油 |
[21:04] | – I can’t believe you. – I’m sorry. I tried. | – 我真不敢相信 – 抱歉 但我尽力了 |
[21:07] | – You did not try. – I did try, I just sucked at it. | – 你才没有尽力呢 – 我尽力了 实在做不来 |
[21:09] | Look, she probably didn’t mean it, okay? She’s just mad at Dad, and she was just talking. | 也许她只是说说而已的 她只是在生爸爸的气 然后说了这些气话 |
[21:13] | Next week we’ll switch. You can have dinner with my mother, | 下周我们换一换 你和我妈一起吃晚饭 |
[21:16] | and I’ll marry my dad off to a nice baroness. | 然后我让老爸娶个女男爵算了 |
[21:18] | – Don’t joke. – Don’t hate me. | – 别开玩笑了 – 不要恨我 |
[21:19] | I don’t hate you, I can’t hate the pathetic. | 我不恨你 我无法恨可怜的人 |
[21:21] | Good. Now, I have a complaint to register. | 很好 那我现在要求投诉 |
[21:23] | Because of your flawed plan I was deprived of Friday night with my kid. | 因为你那该死的计划 我没法跟我的孩子共度周五之夜 |
[21:26] | I was trying to reunite your parents. | 我只是想撮合你的父母重归于好 |
[21:28] | Oh, sure, now they’re my parents. | 喔 没错 现在他们又是我的父母了 |
[21:30] | So anyway, I was thinking if you’re not busy tomorrow, | 所以 我想你明天是不是会有空 |
[21:32] | how about you come meet me for lunch at the Dragonfly. | 来蜻蜓旅馆找我 一起吃个午饭 |
[21:34] | – What time? – One-ish? | – 什么时候? – 一点左右? |
[21:35] | – See you tomorrow. – Okay. | – 那明天见 – 好的 |
[21:37] | – And stay away from Grandma. – Oh, gee, there’s a demand. | – 还有 远离外婆 – 喔 天啊 还有条件的 |
[21:40] | Well, I like that it’s got rooms, very novel for an inn. | 我喜欢这里的宽敞 旅馆很少这样的 |
[21:43] | Mm, the guests love it when they don’t have to sleep communally. They pay extra for it. | 嗯 客人喜欢宽敞的感觉 愿意为之多付些钱 |
[21:46] | Good squeaky stairs, helps sell the old inn aspect. | 咯吱作响的楼梯 是为了展现旅馆年代的久远? |
[21:49] | – Actually we had those squeaks installed. – Squeak Masters? | – 哈 其实是特意安装的 – Squeak大师? |
[21:52] | – Oh, you’ve used them? – Several times. | – 喔 你用过它们? – 用过几次 |
[21:53] | Reception’s over there, living room’s through here. | 前台在那边 活动室在这边 |
[21:56] | Hey, you recognize the bobble head dolls on the mantle? | 嘿 认识壁炉上的那个摇头娃娃吗? |
[21:58] | You put those out in public? | 你把它们公开展示啊? |
[21:59] | Hey, they are a cherished part of my childhood. | 嘿 它们可是我珍贵的童年回忆哦 |
[22:01] | Plus all the dirty pieces broke off ten years ago, so now they’re just charming. | 而且关键位置10年前就坏了 所以现在这些就只能摆摆样子 |
[22:05] | – I like the jukebox. – I thought you would! | – 我喜欢那个点唱机 – 我就猜到! |
[22:07] | And here’s where we feed them. | 而这里就是我们喂食的地方 |
[22:08] | You feed them too? | 你还负责喂他们啊? |
[22:10] | Yes, and once a day we let them use the bathroom and sit on the furniture. | 对啊 我还每天都让他们使用厕所 随意坐在家具上 |
[22:12] | Classy joint. | 高级的嘛 |
[22:15] | So I’m thinking you should order the steak sandwich on garlic bread. Thanks. | 所以我推荐牛排三明治和大蒜面包 谢谢 |
[22:19] | Or fried chicken. Seriously good fried chicken. | 炸鸡也行 真的很好吃的炸鸡喔 |
[22:22] | Or – yeah. Get the pork chops. | 或者 来份猪排 |
[22:24] | ‘Cause normally eating pork chops is very similar to sucking on the Pottery Barn catalogue, | 因为通常吃猪排的感觉就像是 埋首于Pottery Barn的目录一样不怎么的 |
[22:29] | but Sookie does this brining thing in a saltwater bourbon solution, | 不过Sookie用盐水配波旁酒腌制这些猪肉后 |
[22:33] | sounds a little like laundry but it’s actually unbelievably good. | 听起来像是在洗衣服 但是真的很不可思议的好吃哦 |
[22:37] | What? | 怎么? |
[22:39] | Nothing, it’s just… You did it. | 没什么 只是 你做到了 |
[22:43] | I… | 我… |
[22:45] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[22:46] | Yeah. I think I did. | 嗯 我想我是做到了 |
[22:49] | How sappy is it going to sound if I say I’m proud of you? | 如果我说我为你骄傲 会有多矫情? |
[22:51] | Oh my God, so sappy. | 天哪 真土 |
[22:53] | Yeah, well, I am. | 没错 我为你骄傲 |
[22:54] | Thanks, Chris. | 谢谢你 Chris |
[22:56] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[22:58] | Okay, so I think you were trying to talk me into the pork chop. | 好了 我想你是希望我试试猪排 |
[23:02] | Yes I was. | 没错 |
[23:04] | Mom. Hey, I’m… | 妈妈 我 |
[23:06] | Hey, surprise. Look what the mommy dragged in. | 大惊喜 看看老妈把谁拖过来了 |
[23:09] | Hey, Rory. | 嘿 Rory |
[23:10] | Hey Dad. | 嘿 爸爸 |
[23:11] | You haven’t said hi to your sister yet. | 还没见过你妹妹吧 |
[23:14] | Oh. Right. | 对 没错 |
[23:17] | Hey Gigi. Remember me? I’m Rory. | 你好 Gigi 还记得我吗? 我是Rory |
[23:20] | – I show her your picture all the time. – Great. Thanks. | – 我常常给她看你照片的 – 太好了 谢谢 |
[23:22] | Well your timing’s perfect. I’m starved, have a sit. | 来得刚好 我饿死了 坐吧 |
[23:26] | – Isn’t this a nice surprise? – Oh, very nice, yes. | – 惊喜吗? – 没错 非常惊喜 |
[23:29] | I like to see Gigi. | 很高兴看到Gigi |
[23:31] | How you doing there, uh, Gigi? | 你好吗 Gigi? |
[23:34] | That thumb tasting pretty good there? ‘Cause seriously, | 大拇指好吃吧? 说真的 |
[23:35] | you soak it in a saltwater bourbon solution overnight, you’ll see a major improvement. | 你把它浸泡在波旁酒盐水里 一夜之后 会更加美味哦 |
[23:40] | Lorelai? Excuse me. There’s an incident in the front you might want to check in on. | Lorelai? 打搅一下 前台有点小问题需要你出面 |
[23:44] | Okay, Rob. I’ll be right back. | 好的 Rob 我马上回来 |
[23:47] | Don’t say anything hilarious while I’m gone. Hmm. | 我不在的时候 不许说好玩的哦 |
[23:55] | – Rory. – One thing. | – Rory – 就一件事 |
[23:57] | I’ve only asked you for one thing. Ever. | 我只要求你做到这一件事 就一件 |
[24:00] | – This wasn’t my idea. – Stop. | – 这不是我的主意 – 别说了 |
[24:02] | Rory, I didn’t call. After you asked me not to, I didn’t. | Rory 自从你要求之后 我就再没有打过电话了 |
[24:05] | Your mother called me. | 这次是你妈打过来的 |
[24:07] | She called me because she hadn’t heard from me in a while. | 她找我是因为有一段时间没有我的消息了 |
[24:09] | And the reason that she hadn’t heard from me in a while | 之所以没有我消息 |
[24:11] | is because you asked me to stay away and I did. Please stop shaking your head. | 是因为你叫我远离她 我做到了 别再摇头了 |
[24:15] | – I don’t believe you. – She called me, Rory. | – 我不相信你说的话 – 是她找的我 Rory |
[24:17] | – She called me, she asked me to lunch. – You didn’t have to accept. | – 她找的我 她约我吃的午饭 – 你不是非接受不可的 |
[24:20] | I had absolutely no good reason to say no. What was I supposed to do? | 我根本就没有正当理由拒绝 你觉得我该怎么做? |
[24:23] | Tell her that you don’t want me to see her anymore? | 告诉她 你永远都不希望我再见到她了? |
[24:25] | I don’t want to rat you out. I’m sorry. | 我不想把你说出来的 对不起 |
[24:28] | Look, I didn’t even know you were going to be here. This is as much a surprise to me as it is to you. | 我甚至不知道你会来 我和你一样吃惊 |
[24:31] | Oh, I see. So you didn’t think I was going to be here so therefore that makes it safe | 喔 我明白 你完全不知道我会来 |
[24:35] | to come ’cause maybe I wouldn’t find out about it! | 所以偷偷来没关系 反正我也未必会发现这事! |
[24:37] | No, Rory, no. All right? That is not how it went down. | 不是的 Rory 事情完全不是你想的那样 |
[24:39] | You know what? I don’t have to explain myself to you. I’ve done absolutely nothing wrong here. | 你知道嘛? 我不想再解释了 我压根就没做错什么 |
[24:42] | – Fine. – Look, I’m sorry you’re upset, | – 好 – 很抱歉让你生气了 |
[24:45] | but you know what? Your mother and I have had a relationship long before you ever existed. | 但你知道吗? 在你还没出现前 我和你妈就在谈恋爱了 |
[24:48] | We grew up together. We had a child together, | 我们一起长大 然后有了一个孩子 |
[24:50] | and no matter what is going on, that does not change. | 不管现在如何 这些事实都是无法改变的 |
[24:53] | Great. You knew her first, so that gives you the right to just waltz in and screw everything up? | 没错 你先认识了她 所以就有权利随随便便把事情搞砸? |
[24:57] | I did not waltz in, I did not call her. You cannot make me the bad guy here. | 我没有随随便便 我没有主动找她 你不能就这样把我定罪成个混蛋 |
[25:01] | – Hey, if the black hat fits. – I’m your father, kid, okay? | – 嘿 带上黑帽子更像哦 – 孩子 我是你父亲 记得吗? |
[25:04] | – I think that demands a tiny bit of respect here. – Fine. | – 请你尊重我一些 – 好吧 |
[25:06] | See, this is why I love this job. See, Michel has been obsessed with these guests | 看 这就是为什么我喜欢这工作 Michel一直对那些客人很纠结 |
[25:10] | who he swears are the notorious “Bathrobe Bandits” from the Independence Inn – | 他发誓这些人曾是 Independence旅馆的”浴袍大盗” |
[25:14] | at least the moles matched. So apparently they were checking out | 有痣为证 于是在他们结帐的时候 |
[25:17] | and Michel stopped them and demanded that they open their suitcase and they refused. | Michel拦住他们 并要求开箱检查 客人拒绝后 |
[25:21] | So he grabs the guy’s suitcase and starts tearing through all of his stuff, | 他抢过了客人的手提箱 并把东西翻了个底朝天 |
[25:26] | which of course went over really well, and when I got there the wife was calling the cops | 结果还真找到了 等我赶过去的时候女客人正在报警 |
[25:29] | and the husband was chasing Michel around with a golf club. | 男客人正用高尔夫球棍追打Michel |
[25:33] | It took a comped bill and two free bathrobes in addition to the ones they had stolen | 我同意给他们的住宿费免单 附赠两件浴袍 外加他们偷走的浴袍 |
[25:37] | to get them to drop the charges. Plus, Michel ripped his pants and his underwear is pink and shiny. | 才让他们同意不起诉我们另外 Michel的裤子被扯下来了 他穿了粉红闪亮内裤 |
[25:45] | Did I not hit the “pink nd shiny” hard enough? | 是不是”粉红闪亮”我强调得不够? |
[25:48] | Should it have been “his drawers were pink and shiny”? | 是不是该说”他的内衣抽屉粉红闪亮”? |
[25:51] | I’m confused, ’cause I was going to hit the Orpheum circuit with that material – wow. | 我困惑了 我刚准备继续发挥呢 |
[25:56] | – Did I miss something here? – No, uh, nothing. | – 我错过什么了吗? – 没有什么 |
[25:59] | Look Lor, I should be going. | Lor 我该走了 |
[26:01] | What? No. We didn’t get our briny pork chops yet. | 什么? 不行 我们还没吃到腌猪排呢 |
[26:04] | I know, I just – I really need to get to my parent’s house, and Gigi’s going to need her nap soon. So… | 我知道 但我该去我父母家了 而Gigi也是时候午睡了 所以 |
[26:08] | She can nap here. | 她可以在这里午睡啊 |
[26:10] | No, it’s okay. Um, place looks great. | 喔 没事的 这里看起来真的很棒 |
[26:14] | Really, and, uh, tell Sookie I said thanks, uh, from me. | 真的 代我向Sookie说声谢谢 |
[26:18] | Bye, Rory. | Rory 再见 |
[26:19] | Bye. | 再见 |
[26:20] | – Chris… – I’ll call you later. | – Chris – 我会晚点找你的 |
[26:25] | Okay, start connecting those dots. | 好吧 到底怎么回事 |
[26:27] | – Did you call him and invite him to lunch? – What? | – 你打电话邀请他来吃午饭的? – 什么? |
[26:29] | – Did you call him and invite him to lunch? – Yeah, I did. | – 你打电话邀请他来吃午饭的? – 是我打的 |
[26:32] | – He didn’t call you? – No. | – 不是他打给你的? – 不是 |
[26:34] | He didn’t initiate this? | 不是他发起的? |
[26:35] | No. Rory, what is going on? | 不是 Rory 发生了什么事? |
[26:38] | Huh? Answer me. | 嗯? 回答我啊 |
[26:40] | – I went to see Dad. – When, today? | – 我去找过爸爸 – 什么时候? 今天? |
[26:43] | No, a while ago. Right after Sherry left. | 不 有一阵了 就在Sherry走后 |
[26:45] | I went to see him and I told him that I didn’t want him to call you anymore. | 我去找他 告诉他 我希望他别再来找你了 |
[26:49] | – Why? – Mom. Come on. | – 为什么? – 妈妈 别这样 |
[26:52] | No “Mom, come on”. Why, why did you do that? | 别来”妈妈 别这样” 这一套 为什么 为什么你要这样做? |
[26:55] | I didn’t want him to screw anything up between you and Luke. | 因为我希望他破坏你和Luke之间的关系 |
[26:58] | Oh, kid. You are so far off here. That is not going to happen. | 喔 孩子 你想的真是太多了 这是不可能发生的 |
[27:02] | Every time he comes back he ends up messing up your life. | 每次他回来都会把你的生活搞得一团糟 |
[27:04] | – Not true! – It’s completely true. | – 胡说! – 我说的都是真话 |
[27:06] | He wants you back and then he disappears or Sherry gets pregnant | 他想要你回到他身边然后消失得无影无踪 又或者Sherry怀孕了 |
[27:10] | or he loses his job or he just takes off, whatever. | 或者他失业了 或者他拍屁股走人 不管哪个理由 |
[27:13] | No good reason necessary. And it’s been like this forever | 没有一个能说通的理由 而且还不是一次两次 |
[27:16] | and you just let him do it, you can’t help it. | 你只是忍不住要放任他那样 |
[27:17] | Rory, come on! | Rory 拜托! |
[27:19] | You can’t just break free of him. | 你不能就这样放任他 |
[27:20] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么啊? |
[27:22] | You’re engaged to Max and then suddenly you’re not. | 你本来好好地跟Max订婚 突然之间又分手了 |
[27:24] | Christopher had nothing to do with Max. | Christopher和Max那件事 什么关系都没有 |
[27:26] | Who was the person you were calling from your bachelorette party? | 你的单身派对上 你第一个打电话给谁? |
[27:28] | I was drunk. I tried to call Abe Vigoda too, if you remember. | 我那时喝醉了 我当时还试图打给Abe Vigoda呢 如果你还记得的话 |
[27:31] | You’re just always waiting for him to get himself together. | 你只是一直在等 等他成熟了 |
[27:34] | No, no, hon. I am not always waiting for him. | 不 不 亲爱的 我不是一直在等他的 |
[27:36] | There have been times when, yes, it would have been nice | 曾经想过 如果能和我孩子他爹在一起 |
[27:39] | to actually be with the father of my kid, but not now. I’m with Luke, completely. | 生活该多么美好 但不是现在 我现在和Luke全心全意在一起 |
[27:45] | What did he say when you told him? | 那当你告诉他的时候 他说过什么? |
[27:46] | – Told who what? – Luke. | – 告诉谁什么来着? – Luke |
[27:48] | What did he say when you told him you were having lunch with Dad? | 当你告诉他 你和我爸吃饭的时候 他说了什么? |
[27:52] | Nothing. | 没什么啊 |
[27:53] | – He didn’t care? – No. He didn’t care. | – 他不在乎? – 对啊 他不在乎 |
[27:55] | He didn’t have to care, ’cause there’s nothing to care about. | 他不需要在乎啊 因为压根什么事都没 |
[27:58] | If you say so. | 那如果你这样说的话 |
[27:59] | I appreciate you being concerned for me, but don’t be. I’m good. | 我很感谢你关心我 但真的不必担心 我现在很好 |
[28:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:07] | Let’s order, shall we? | 我们点单开吃吧? |
[28:14] | She was so serious. | 她当时好严肃 |
[28:15] | You know how she gets really serious, like when she saw “The Way We Were” | 你知道她严肃起来的时候 就像她在看电影<往日情怀>那会儿 |
[28:19] | and she couldn’t believe that Hubbell was going to leave Katie after she had the baby? | 她压根无法相信Hubbell居然 要在Katie生孩子之后离开她 |
[28:23] | Oh, I remember. She talked about it for weeks. | 喔 对 我记得她为这个唠叨了很久 |
[28:25] | “How could he do that? She was the only one who cared about the blacklisting. | “他怎么能这样做? 她可是唯一一个在意反共问题的人 |
[28:28] | She was the only one who thought he could write a novel. “ | 她还是唯一一个坚信他会写小说的人 “ |
[28:30] | On and on and on. That’s the face she had on today. | 她今天就是一副这样的严肃表情 |
[28:33] | She was just worried about you. | 她也只是担心你而已 |
[28:34] | And when she threw that “What did Luke say” thing at me… | 她甩出那句”Luke怎么说” |
[28:38] | She’s got a good left hook. | 一针见血 |
[28:40] | I lied to my kid, Sookie. I hate that I lied to her. | 我对我的孩子说谎了 Sookie 我讨厌这样 |
[28:43] | But I didn’t want her to think there was any weird reason why I didn’t tell Luke. | 但我不想让她觉得 我有什么奇怪的理由瞒着Luke |
[28:48] | Was there any weird reason that you didn’t tell Luke? | 那你有什么奇怪的理由 去瞒着Luke呢? |
[28:50] | Sookie, come on. | Sookie 拜托 |
[28:51] | I don’t know. Maybe you were afraid that he would get jealous. | 我不知道 也许你是怕他吃醋吧 |
[28:54] | I’d be afraid that Jackson would get jealous. | 要是我就会担心Jackson乱吃醋 |
[28:56] | I was not afraid that he’d get jealous. | 我不是在担心他会吃醋 |
[28:58] | – He did beat up a car. – One time. | – 他以前可砸过车哦 – 就那么一次 |
[29:00] | That we know of. | 被我们知道的那一次 |
[29:01] | No, I didn’t tell him because it was no big deal! | 我没有告诉他 是因为没什么大不了的! |
[29:05] | I thought it was no big deal. | 我认为没什么大不了 |
[29:08] | I should have told him, right? | 但我还是应该告诉他的 对吗? |
[29:09] | Well… | 嗯 |
[29:10] | Yeah. I should have told him. | 没错 我的确是应该告诉他的 |
[29:11] | Now he’s going to think I’m hiding something from him and I’m not. | 他现在八成在想我对他隐瞒着什么了 但是我并没有 |
[29:14] | Damn it. He’s going to beat up my car. | 该死 他会砸了我的车 |
[29:17] | It’s American, it can take it. | 这里是美国 到处都有车的 |
[29:19] | I cam home from work and I found these on the doorstep. | 我下班后回到家里 在家门口发现了这个 |
[29:21] | What the hell is this supposed to mean? | 这他妈的什么意思啊? |
[29:23] | Hon, maybe it’s just a joke. | 亲爱的 说不定只是一个玩笑 |
[29:24] | No. This is not a joke. This is a threat. | 不是 这不是玩笑 这是恐吓 |
[29:28] | Yeah. Those people at Butterick Patterns play pretty rough. | 看来Butterick Patterns的那帮家伙还挺强硬 |
[29:31] | This is the fish on the doorstep. It’s the horse head in the bed. | 这是门口的鱼 床边的马首啊! |
[29:34] | It’s the “Either your signature or your brains are going to be on the contract”. | 意思就是”赶紧签字 否则让你的脑袋开花” |
[29:38] | Jackson! Calm down! | Jackson!冷静点! |
[29:39] | I will not calm down! I told them I would not do any ribbon cutting ceremonies! | 我冷静不下来! 我和他们说了 我什么剪彩仪式都不会参加的! |
[29:44] | Who’s them? | 他们是谁? |
[29:45] | Them! The town! The lunatics who voted for me! | 他们 镇上投票给我的疯子 |
[29:48] | Okay, could you put the giant scissors down and then do the waving around? | 好吧 能不能请你放下大剪刀先? |
[29:52] | We have to move. Pack up, we’re getting out. | 我们一定要搬家 收拾下 咱走 |
[29:54] | Okay. Or, you could just ask them at the next town meeting | 好的 或者在下次镇大会的时候 |
[29:57] | not to leave giant scissors on our porch anymore! | 不要再留大剪刀在我们家门口了 |
[30:00] | Town meeting? Oh, no. | 小镇大会? 天啊 不要啊 |
[30:02] | No way. There will be no town meeting. | 没门 不会开什么小镇大会的 |
[30:05] | What? | 什么? |
[30:06] | There’s going to be lots of upset people. | 一定会有很多人为此生气的 |
[30:07] | The town meeting is a two-hundred-year-old tradition. | 这个会议可是持续了两百年的传统 |
[30:09] | Tradition over! | 是时候结束了! |
[30:11] | Only hell waits for me at town meetings. Spread the word. | 在大会上等着我的都是一些恶魔啊 就说这是我说的 |
[30:16] | That’s sweet. He’s having sympathy mood swings. | 真贴心 他好有同情心哦 |
[30:18] | He loves me. | 他爱我 |
[30:22] | – How you doing? You need coffee? – No. | – 你好吗? 再来点咖啡嘛? – 不了 |
[30:24] | – No? – Sure. | – 不用? – 要的 |
[30:26] | – Sure? – Yes. Coffee good. | – 确定? – 当然啦 |
[30:29] | Your cup’s full. | 咖啡还没怎么动过 |
[30:30] | Oh, well, then no. No, coffee bad. | 那就不要加了 咖啡喝多了不好 |
[30:35] | – Hey, did I tell you about the Bathrobe Bandits? – Nope. | – 有没有跟你说起过”浴袍双盗”? – 没 |
[30:37] | Oh, well, very funny story. | 哈 很搞笑的故事哟 |
[30:40] | Back at the Independence Inn there was this couple and they would come in all the time | 以前在Independence旅馆 有一对男女客人 |
[30:43] | and steal the bathrobes – they would make Michel crazy. So, today… | 每次来住都会偷浴袍 让Michel抓狂 今天呢… |
[30:45] | – Up. – Right. | – 抬手 – 哦 |
[30:47] | – So today, they showed up… – Who? | – 今天 他们又来了 – 谁啊? |
[30:49] | The Bathrobe Bandits. They showed up and they stayed and then they were checking out | “浴袍双盗”啊 他们又来了 在结帐的时候 |
[30:52] | and then, get this, the bellboy comes running over and tells me | 行李员跑来跟我说 |
[30:56] | to “Come quick, there’s a situation in the lobby”. And so I come running to the lobby… | “快来 大堂出事了” 于是我冲去大堂… |
[31:00] | You can put your plate down. | 你可以把盘子放下了 |
[31:01] | Right. | 哦 |
[31:02] | So I run to the lobby and Michel is being chased and the wife is calling the cops | 于是我冲到大堂 看到Michel被人追打 女客人在打电话报警 |
[31:05] | and I comped their room and gave them free bathrobes to stop the yelling and the calling | 我只能给他们房间免单 送了他们浴袍 以免更多争执 |
[31:09] | – and this is a very bad story. – It wasn’t that bad. | – 这故事实在不怎么样 – 没那么糟的 |
[31:12] | This is the second time I’ve told it. Both times, crickets. | 这是我第二次讲了 两次都冷场 |
[31:18] | I mean, Rory and Christopher looked at me like I was Pauly Shore. | Rory和Christopher就像看Pauly Shore那样 看着我 |
[31:21] | – Christopher? – Rory’s Dad. | – Christopher? – Rory的爸爸 |
[31:23] | He came for lunch today. I had lunch with him today. | 他今天来吃午饭的 我和他一起吃的午饭 |
[31:25] | And Rory. Had lunch with Rory and Christopher. | 还有Rory 我和Rory Christopher一起吃了午饭 |
[31:28] | And Gigi, his daughter with Sherry, he brought her ’cause Sherry moved to France | 还有Gigi 是他和Sherry的女儿 Sherry搬去了法国 所以他把Gigi也带来了 |
[31:31] | and he’s a full time dad now and we all had lunch. All of us, together, today. | 他是个全职老爸 我们就一起吃了午饭 大家围坐在一起 |
[31:35] | And when I told the Bathrobe Bandit story they all acted like that. | 我说那个”浴袍双盗”故事的时候 他们反应跟你一样 |
[31:40] | Except Gigi, who spit up, ’cause she’s a baby. That’s what they do. | 除了Gigi之外 她吐了 因为她还是个婴儿 吐惯了 |
[31:44] | Okay. | 哦 |
[31:48] | Okay. | 哦 |
[31:54] | – Hello? – You get over here right now! | – 喂? – 你给我马上过来! |
[31:57] | – Who is this? – This is you in twenty years! Who is this, I swear! | – 哪位? – 我是20年后的你! 还好意思问我是谁! |
[32:00] | – Mom, calm down. – He’ll be here in one hour | – 妈 冷静冷静 – 他过一个小时就来了 |
[32:03] | and I have no idea what to wear. You’ve got to come right now. | 我还不知道穿什么好 你快点过来帮我 |
[32:06] | Who’ll be there in one hour, Dad? | 谁过一个小时就到了 我爸? |
[32:08] | – Simon McLane! – Who is Simon McLane? | – Simon McLane! – 谁是 Simon McLane? |
[32:10] | – He’s my date! – What?! | – 我的约会对象啊 – 啥?! |
[32:12] | I have no idea what to put on. I’m in a blind panic and it’s all your fault. | 我完全不知道该穿什么好了 我乱得要命 都怪你 |
[32:16] | How is it my fault? | 怎么怪我呢? |
[32:17] | Because I used your line and it worked! | 我用了你的台词 结果奏效了! |
[32:19] | – What line? – Hello! | – 什么台词 – 您好! |
[32:21] | Hello is not my line. Hello is not a line. Hello is hello. | “您好”不是我的台词 “您好”根本不算台词 只是打个招呼 |
[32:26] | Well all I know is I hello-d him today and now he’s taking me to dinner. | 反正我就说了句”您好” 结果今天人家就约了我去吃晚餐 |
[32:29] | Mom… | 妈… |
[32:29] | If you don’t get over here right now I’m going to book a DAR function | 你现在要不过来 我就会在我有生之年 |
[32:33] | at the Dragonfly every single weekend from now until I die! | 把DAR所有的周末活动 都放在蜻蜓旅馆进行 |
[32:36] | I’ll be right there! | 马上到! |
[32:38] | Mom? Are you… Oh! Chanel attack! | 妈? 你…啊! 香奈尔来袭! |
[32:43] | – Look at the red pant suit. – The… | – 看那红色套装 – 哪套… |
[32:45] | The red pant suit. The red pant suit. Right there, right there! | 红色套装 就在那边 就在那边! |
[32:49] | I got it, I got it. | 看到了 看到了 |
[32:50] | Here. | 这儿呢 |
[32:51] | – Well? – Nice. | – 怎么样? – 不错 |
[32:53] | – Nice? – Uh, nice and… red and pant-y suit-y. | – 不错? – 不错 红色 裤装套装 |
[32:58] | – It’s horrible. You think it’s horrible. – No. | – 太糟了 你觉得它很糟糕 – 不是啊 |
[33:00] | It’s horrible, and Simon will be here in twenty minutes and I have nothing to wear. | 太糟糕了 Simon20分钟后就到了 我还不知道穿什么好 |
[33:04] | Well, just tell him you’re obsessed with Butterfield 8, and go like that. | 跟他说 你最近痴迷于<青楼艳妓> 就决定这么穿了 |
[33:06] | I haven’t done this in years. I have no idea what’s appropriate to wear on the first date. | 我很多年没有做过这种事情了 完全不知道第一次约会应该穿什么象样 |
[33:10] | I have no idea what’s appropriate to say on the first date. | 第一次约会应该说什么才得体 |
[33:12] | I have no idea what to talk about, what to order. Which one? | 我不知道该说什么 点什么 哪件好? |
[33:15] | – They look exactly the same. – They are not exactly the same! | – 它们看着一模一样啊 – 它们才不是一模一样呢! |
[33:18] | Okay. Then… that one. | 好吧 那…这件 |
[33:21] | – Why? – Why what? | – 为什么? – 什么为什么? |
[33:22] | Why did you pick that one? What was your logic behind picking this particular one? | 为什么你选这件呢? 选这件的背后有着怎样的逻辑思考? |
[33:27] | Could it possibly be because it was closest? | 是不是有可能因为它离你最近呢? |
[33:29] | Well, you know what they say about location. | 哈 都说位置最重要了 |
[33:31] | You’re just picking anything so that I will get dressed so you can leave. | 你就是想随便挑一件让我穿上 然后就能走人了 |
[33:33] | No, Mom, I don’t want to leave. | 不是啊 妈妈 我不想走的 |
[33:35] | I’m never leaving, in fact, I’m going with you. | 我再不走了 要不我跟去吧 |
[33:38] | I’ll never be ready in time. I haven’t finished my hair, I haven’t finished my makeup. | 我肯定来不及了 头发也没梳 妆也没有化 |
[33:43] | Oh my goodness, I can’t breathe. | 上帝呀 我没法呼吸了 |
[33:45] | – I’m actually having trouble breathing. – Mom, sit. | – 我呼吸困难了 – 妈 坐下 |
[33:48] | – I can’t sit! I’ll wrinkle my clothes! – You’re not dressed yet. | – 我怎么坐得下! 会把衣服弄皱的 – 你还没穿好呢 |
[33:51] | What? Oh my God, I’m losing my mind. | 什么? 老天爷啊 我是不是疯了 |
[33:54] | I can’t believe I’m doing this. I’m dating. I’m single. | 不敢相信我要去干这事 我单身了 |
[33:58] | You’re not single! | 你不是单身 |
[33:59] | That’s just a formality. | 只是形式而已 |
[34:02] | You know, I remember the night I got married. Oh, how I panicked. | 我记得自己的新婚之夜 那时好慌张 |
[34:05] | I thought, this is it. I’ll never have a chance to be with anyone else. This is it for life. | 我想 就这样了吧 我再不会跟其他人在一起了 这就是一辈子了 |
[34:10] | If only I’d had a crystal ball I’d have been able to eat my salad. | 我要有水晶球 当时真该把色拉给吃了 |
[34:14] | I remember it looked delicious. | 记得那看起来很美味 |
[34:17] | Mom, is this really what you want to do? | 妈 你真的想约会吗? |
[34:21] | Yes it is. | 是的 |
[34:23] | Okay. | 那好 |
[34:28] | Wear the black. | 就穿黑色 |
[34:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:34] | – What about the… – Burgundy works fine, too. | – 那么… – 酒红色也很好 |
[34:45] | Jackson! Jackson, stop! | Jackson! Jackson 停车 |
[34:47] | Oh, Jackson, oh thank God, I’m frantic! | 哦 Jackson 哦 谢天谢地 吓死我了 |
[34:50] | – What’s the matter? – My accompanist just passed out. | – 怎么了? – 我的伴奏刚昏过去了 |
[34:53] | She what? | 她怎么了? |
[34:54] | She was playing the Tarantella and suddenly she just stopped and fell off the stool! Come on. | 她在弹塔朗泰拉舞曲的时候 突然停了下来 从凳子上跌倒了 快来 |
[34:58] | – Well, is she breathing? – I don’t know. | – 她还有呼吸吗? – 我不知道 |
[35:00] | – Did you check her pulse? – No! What a good idea, | – 检查过脉博没? – 没有! 好主意啊 |
[35:02] | – oh you’re such a smart man. – Oh, well… | – 你真聪明 – 哦 那么… |
[35:04] | A little faster, honey, the poor woman is just lying there. | 快来 亲爱的 那个可怜的女人就躺着呢 |
[35:07] | Well maybe we should call 9-1-1. | 也许我们还是应该打911的好 |
[35:11] | She’s right over there in the corner. | 她就在角落里面 |
[35:13] | Why is it so dark in here? | 这儿怎么那么黑啊 |
[35:20] | The town meeting is now in session. | 小镇会议现在召开 |
[35:30] | We work pretty good together. | 咱俩一起工作真好 |
[35:32] | I guess. | 我猜是吧 |
[35:33] | Don’t guess, we do. | 别猜了 本来就是 |
[35:35] | We got like a rhythm. A groove thing. | 咱们有种节奏 很合拍 |
[35:37] | We could survive in the woods together. | 我们可以一起在野外生存的 |
[35:39] | Start a new civilization if need be. | 开创文明新纪元 |
[35:42] | I think you’d need a woman for that. | 好像那需要个女人吧 |
[35:43] | Aw, right. Well, maybe Liz could come. | 对哦 那也许可以叫上Liz |
[35:46] | Except, we couldn’t share her ’cause she’s your sister. That’s a bad way to start a new civilization. | 不过咱不能分享她了 因为她是你姐姐 这种分享对文明新纪元不好 |
[35:50] | How about you and Liz go start a new civilization, I’ll stay here in this one. | 要不你和Liz去开创文明新纪元吧 我就呆这儿好了 |
[35:53] | No, come on. We can solve this. | 不要这样嘛 有办法的 |
[35:56] | Okay, Lorelai could come. And now her, we could share. | Lorelai可以来 咱们倒是可以分享她的 |
[36:00] | – Okay, no more new civilization talk. – Okay by me. | – 行了 别再提什么文明新纪元了 – 我没问题啊 |
[36:07] | Hey TJ. | 嘿 TJ |
[36:08] | Yes, Luke. | 嗯 Luke |
[36:09] | Do you consider yourself a jealous man? | 你觉得自己是个爱吃醋的男人么? |
[36:12] | Why, you planning on cutting some pipe with another guy tomorrow? | 怎么 你准备明天去捅某个男人一刀? |
[36:14] | – Never mind. – I’m sorry. | – 当我没问 – 对不起 |
[36:17] | You were asking me if I ever consider myself a jealous man. | 你问 我是否自认是个爱吃醋的男人 |
[36:21] | I don’t, and let me tell you why. Jealousy is bad. Jealousy is what landed me in jail. | 我不是 告诉你为什么 妒忌是魔鬼 妒忌害我坐牢 |
[36:26] | Twice. I learned quickly that without an immediate influx of cash I could | 两次啊! 我很快明白 要没有足够的钱 |
[36:30] | no longer afford to be a jealous man. Supply and demand, my friend. | 我可当不了喝醋男 有供求才行 |
[36:35] | So you’re saying that if Liz had lunch with an ex, it’s no big deal, right? | 你意思是 如果Liz和她过去的情人吃午饭 没什么大不了的 对吧? |
[36:40] | Right. | 对 |
[36:41] | Right. I mean, it’s an old ex. Long time ago, ancient history. | 哦 那 要是一位老情人呢 认识了很久的那种 |
[36:44] | But she had lunch and she didn’t tell you about it at the time, but eventually she did tell you, | 一开始她没跟你说 但最后还是告诉你了 |
[36:50] | I mean, you should just let it go, right? I mean, you don’t want to be reading anything into anything. | 你是不是该让它去呢? 不该乱想吧? |
[36:55] | You’d just make yourself crazy, and then she’s crazy, then everybody’s crazy, right? | 否则只会让自己 让她 让所有人都抓狂 是吧? |
[37:01] | – Who the hell is Liz having lunch with? – What, no one! | – Liz 他妈跟谁吃午餐了? – 啥? 没有啊 |
[37:03] | – You just said she had lunch with an ex! – Naw, TJ… | – 你刚说了她跟某个老情人吃午餐了! – 啊 TJ… |
[37:05] | – Was it Art? I swear to God, if it’s Art I’m gonna… – Hey, what are you doing? | – 是不是Art? 对天发誓 要是Art的话 我就… – 嘿 你要干吗? |
[37:09] | I told him never to come sniffing around here again! | 跟他说了 让他离我们远点的! |
[37:11] | TJ! Hey, it wasn’t Art! | TJ! 嘿 不是Art! |
[37:16] | I have to tell you, every time I hear Moller’s Seventh Symphony, I get ridiculous. | 不得不说 每次听穆勒的第七交响乐 我就变得很奇怪 |
[37:21] | Giddy. It’s like the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. | 晕晕的 就像披头士在Ed Sullivan节目里面一样 |
[37:24] | Well, Moller can do that to you. | 呵呵 穆勒的确有那种效果 |
[37:25] | Did you see the Cleveland Orchestra when they were here last month? | 上个月克里夫兰乐团来的时候你有没有去听? |
[37:28] | I went every single night. | 我每天都去捧场的 |
[37:30] | Oh, I should’ve done that. | 啊 我也该那么做的 |
[37:32] | I went the last night and then to the gala afterward. | 我去听了最后一场 参加了之后的晚宴 |
[37:35] | – Their conductor that night… – Ridalsky. | – 那晚的指挥是… – Ridalsky |
[37:37] | Did you know that he’s deaf in his left ear? | 你知道他左耳失聪吗? |
[37:39] | I did know that. In fact, I have a very evil friend who likes to sit next to him | 我知道哦 而且我有个很恶毒的朋友 喜欢在晚宴上坐在他身边 |
[37:44] | at all the gala dinners and whisper incredibly scandalous things into his ear all night long. | 整晚朝他失聪的耳朵狂讲各种八卦绯闻 |
[37:50] | Well, who knew that Emily Gilmore ran with such a bad crowd? | 哈 没想到Emily Gilmore有这样的朋友哦 |
[37:53] | Oh, yes, I’m very dangerous. Ask my maids. | 是哦 我是个危险分子 不信去问我的女佣们 |
[37:56] | Have I told you how happy I am you said hello to me at the club? | 有没有告诉过你 你在会所跟我打招呼让我多开心吗? |
[37:59] | Twice. | 说两次了 |
[38:00] | And so am I. | 我也很开心 |
[38:03] | How are we doing here? | 一切可好? |
[38:05] | We’re doing fine. | 很好 |
[38:06] | Would you like some more wine? | 再来些酒吗? |
[38:09] | Why not. | 可以啊 |
[38:16] | – Okay, so you know what’s great about this country? – Nope. | – 你知道这个国家最可爱之处么? – 不知道 |
[38:19] | If you try hard enough, you can eventually find a showing of St. Elmo’s Fire on the big screen. | 只要用心 总能找到放映<圣艾尔摩之火>的影院 |
[38:24] | Yes, that’s what gets us the good seats at the summits. | 是的 所以咱能在高峰时段找到好座位 |
[38:27] | Come on! Admit it! | 得了 承认吧 |
[38:29] | Rob Lowe pretending to play the saxophone was incredibly hot. | Rob Lowe假装演奏萨克斯的样子实在太性感了 |
[38:33] | Oh, I admit it. | 哦 我承认 |
[38:34] | And, also, Andrew McCarthy at his best, though Less Than Zero runs a very close second. | 另外 这是Andrew McCarthy最好的作品 <零下的激情>屈居第二 |
[38:41] | I’m sure it does. | 我想是吧 |
[38:43] | You hated the movie! | 你讨厌那电影! |
[38:45] | Although, I love the fact that it got me out of a town meeting, so… | 我还是很高兴 这电影让我可以不用参加小镇会议了 |
[38:49] | all in all, a very successful evening. | 总之 这是一个美丽的夜晚 |
[39:02] | Are you sure you can’t stay? | 你肯定不能过夜吗? |
[39:04] | I’ve got really early deliveries tomorrow. | 明天一大早有一单外卖 |
[39:08] | I’ll make it up to you this weekend. | 周末补偿你 |
[39:10] | I’ll hold you to that, mister. | 说话算数啊 |
[39:19] | Oh, by the way. It’s fine about lunch. | 顺便提一句 午餐我没意见 |
[39:22] | What? | 啥? |
[39:23] | You having lunch with Christopher, I just want you to know I’m fine with it. | 你跟Christopher吃午饭 我想说 我没意见 |
[39:26] | Oh, okay. Good. | 哦 那好 |
[39:29] | Yep, all right. See you tomorrow. | 嗯 明天见 |
[39:40] | – Breaking your fast? – Oh my God. I love food, you want some? | – 破戒了啊? – 老天爷 我爱美食 来点吗? |
[39:43] | – I’m good… – Oh, it’s for me, it’s for me. | – 不用了 – 是我的 是我的 |
[39:46] | – Pizza. – Yes, yes. | – 匹萨 – 是的 是的 |
[39:47] | – Thirty-four ninety five. – Need some money? | – 34.95元 – 钱够吗? |
[39:49] | No, I got it. You want to have some? There’s plenty. | 够了 来点吗? 量很足哦 |
[39:52] | No, thanks. I’m going to Marty’s. | 不用了 谢谢 我去Marty那边 |
[39:53] | Okay. | 哦 |
[39:58] | Well, where’s the cheesy bread? | 奶酪面包哪里去了? |
[40:00] | I ordered the cheesy bread! | 我点了奶酪面包的! |
[40:03] | Okay. I remember something about Rome. | 我所知道的关于罗马的一切 |
[40:06] | Rome. Rome. | 罗马 罗马 |
[40:10] | Romans live there. | 罗马人的居所 |
[40:12] | Audrey Hepburn took a holiday there. It’s the name of a B52’s song. | 奥黛莉赫本在那边度假过 B52乐队某首歌名 |
[40:17] | Different Roam. | 那歌同音不同义 |
[40:19] | Okay. That’s it. I can’t remember. College is breaking my spirit. | 好吧 我想不起来了 大学让我很挫败 |
[40:23] | Every single day telling me things I don’t know, it’s making me feel stupid. | 每天都发现有不知道的事情 觉得自己很傻啊 |
[40:27] | Okay, I need a break. | 我要休息一下 |
[40:29] | I second that. | 我赞成 |
[40:31] | Oh, man, I’m tired. | 天呀 我累了 |
[40:33] | Living is exhausting. | 生活本来就是艰辛的 |
[40:34] | This week sucked, I’m so glad it’s over. | 这周很糟糕 还好都过去了 |
[40:37] | Why’d it suck? | 为什么糟糕 |
[40:38] | Just a ton of school work, Ramadan. | 一堆功课啦 还有某人的斋月 |
[40:40] | Oh, sure. | 可不是嘛 |
[40:41] | I broke up with my boyfriend this week. | 这周我跟男友分手了 |
[40:43] | That was fun. In front of a bunch of people at my grandmother’s house. | 当着一拨人 在我外婆的房子前分掉的 |
[40:47] | And then, because apparently that wasn’t enough Peyton Place for me, | 可能因为那还不够戏剧化吧 |
[40:51] | I have this whole thing going with my dad, | 然后又跟我老爸有了点矛盾 |
[40:54] | who’s suddenly back in my life again. | 他突然又回到了我的生活里面 |
[40:56] | Yeah. Dads can be tough. | 老爸有时很难搞的 |
[40:57] | I spent so many years just – I couldn’t wait until he showed up. | 那么多年…我一直希望他能回来 |
[41:02] | And now he’s showing up. And… | 现在他真的回来了… |
[41:05] | I don’t know. I’m just really tired. | 我不知道 觉得好累 |
[41:09] | You know, once I found out my father wasn’t really my father, | 当我发觉我的父亲不是我亲生父亲之后 |
[41:15] | we started getting along much better. | 我们反倒开始相处融洽了 |
[41:17] | Stop it. | 别开玩笑了 |
[41:18] | I’m serious. Suddenly the pressure was off. | 说真的 压力一下子就没了 |
[41:21] | If something happens I don’t automatically have to give him a kidney. | 他要有个三长两短 我不用非得捐个肾给他 |
[41:25] | I can weigh my options. | 我可以考虑考虑了 |
[41:27] | It was a real turning point in our relationship. | 绝对是我们父子关系的转折点 |
[41:31] | So you broke up with your boyfriend, huh? | 那你跟男友分手了哦? |
[41:35] | Rory? | Rory? |
[41:54] | “I’m exhausted, the phone is far, make it short and sweet. “ | “我累死了 电话好远 留言请简短” |
[41:57] | Hey Lor, it’s me. Are you there? | 嘿Lor是我 你在吗? |
[42:02] | Okay, so I’m just calling ’cause lunch ended bad and I’m sure you’ve talked to Rory by now | 午餐不怎么愉快 所以我打过来问一下 估计你已经跟Rory聊过了 |
[42:06] | so you know why it ended bad and I just wanted to talk. | 知道不愉快的原因了 我只想跟你聊一下这事情 |
[42:09] | Give me a call when you get in, I’ll be up late. | 收到留言给我回电吧 我睡挺晚的 |
[42:12] | Okay. Bye. | 好了 再见 |
[42:22] | It’s been a long time since I’ve had an evening quite as enjoyable as this one. | 我很久没有享受如此愉快的夜晚了 |
[42:26] | I’m choosing to believe you, Simon, partly because it’s flattering | 我想我就信你了吧 一方面是因为这是对我的赞美 |
[42:30] | and partly because I’ve had three glasses of wine and a lemon jell-o. | 另一方面也是因为我三杯酒下肚 还吃了个柠檬果冻 |
[42:36] | So, do you think we could possibly do this again sometime? | 那你觉得我们有机会还可以再出来吗? |
[42:40] | That would be lovely, Simon. | 可以啊 Simon |
[42:42] | I’ll call you this week. | 打电话再联系了 |
[42:43] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[43:03] | Synchro: Amariss – www. forom. com – |