时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:05] | – Hey. Wake up. – Huh? | – 嗨 起来 – 啊? |
[01:08] | – Wake up. – No. | – 起来 – 不 |
[01:10] | – Come on, you’re missing it. – Is “it” sleep? ‘Cause you’d be right. | – 快 你会错过它的 – “它”是指睡觉吗? 那你可说对了 |
[01:13] | – Smell the air. Smell it. – It smells cold. | – 闻一下空气里的味道 闻一下 – 是冰冷的味道 |
[01:16] | – Come on. – What? No, it’s freezing. | – 来吧 – 什么? 不要 冻死人了 |
[01:18] | Come on! | 快! |
[01:21] | – The floor’s cold. – Geez, you’re so obsessed with the cold. | – 地板真冰冷 – 天啊 你跟冰冷有仇啊 |
[01:24] | – Because it’s cold! – I know. | – 因为很冷! – 我知道 |
[01:30] | – I’m turning numb. – Keep moving. | – 我快失去知觉了 – 继续走 |
[01:32] | Are my feet still attached to my body or did they snap off coming down the stairs? | 我的脚还和我的身体连在一块儿吗 还是在下楼梯时就已经折断了? |
[01:35] | – They’re still there. – Why are we out here? | – 还在 – 我们出来干吗? |
[01:37] | – Take a deep breath. – What? | – 深呼吸 – 什么? |
[01:39] | – Do it. – Yeah. | – 快 – 好 |
[01:41] | – Oh, yeah. I smell snow. – What? | – 我闻到雪的味道了 – 什么? |
[01:44] | It’s coming. I always know. I can smell it, and I’m never wrong. | 快要下雪了 我总能知道 我能闻得到 从来不会错 |
[01:47] | It wasn’t in the forecast. | 天气预报没说啊 |
[01:49] | It’s just my favorite time of the year. The whole world changes color. | 这是一年中我最喜欢的时刻了 银装素裹的新天地 |
[01:54] | I think I’m blacking out. | 我就要晕倒了 |
[01:55] | Flakes, flurries, swirls, crystals, whatever form it comes in. | 片状的 小粒的 卷状的 晶状的 不管是什么形状 |
[01:59] | I’ll take it. We go back, snow and me. We have a beautiful history. | 我都喜欢 在以往的日子 我和雪 有着一段美好的回忆 |
[02:02] | Saw two forecasts, there was no mention of snow. Cold, but no snow. | 两个天气预报都没说会下雪 是很冷 但不是下雪 |
[02:06] | Sleigh rides, ice skating, snowball fights. I’ll even take curling. God, I love curling! | 乘雪橇 滑冰 打雪仗 还有冰上溜石 天啊 我最爱冰上溜石了! |
[02:10] | Lance Cranston on Channel 6 said it would be dry. | 6频道的Lance Cranston 说天气很干燥 |
[02:12] | Kimmy Liston, Live at 5, same thing. No snow, nothing. | 5频道直播的Kimmy Liston 也是这么说的 没有雪 什么也没有 |
[02:15] | Hot cocoa, hot toddies. Best time of the year! | 热可可 香甜热酒 一年里最好的时光! |
[02:19] | Jimmy Mountain in Accu-Chopper One said it would be weeks before… | Accu-Chopper1台的Jimmy Mountain 说几个星期后才会… |
[02:31] | Lance and Kimmy are idiots. | Lance和Kimmy都是傻子 |
[02:33] | Welcome, friend. | 欢迎你 朋友 |
[02:34] | – I’m going inside now. – But… | – 我要进去了 – 但… |
[02:36] | – One more whiff, and then so are you. – Luke… | – 再多吸一口 然后你也快进来 – Luke… |
[03:39] | – Streetwalker. – Too urban. | – 站街的 – 太城市化了 |
[03:42] | – Concubine. – Seems high-falutin. | – 情妇 – 有点夸张 |
[03:43] | Anyone seen Farewell My Concubine? Beautiful film. Gorgeous cinematography. | 谁看过<霸王别姬>? 华美的场景 一流的拍摄技术 |
[03:47] | I’m surprised you see such adult fare, Reverend. | 我很惊讶你还看成人向的 神父 |
[03:49] | Well, do you picture me watching Sound of Music every night, Taylor? Gag me. | 你还以为我每晚都看音乐之声吗 Taylor? 太小看我了 |
[03:52] | – Scarlet woman. – I like it. | – 淫妇 – 我喜欢这个 |
[03:56] | – Read a book. – Harlot. | – 多读点书吧 – 人尽可夫之女人 |
[03:57] | – Naw. – Woman of accomadating morals. | – 不 – 助人为乐的妇女 |
[03:59] | – Too long. – Hot mutton. | – 太长了 – 风骚徐娘 |
[04:01] | – I wouldn’t know where to begin. – What are you guys doing? | – 我也想不到什么了 – 你们在干吗? |
[04:03] | Well, the first snow has come along, Luke, and with the first snow | 第一场雪到了 Luke 伴随它的将是 |
[04:06] | comes the town’s Revolutionary War Re-enactment. | 小镇全体人员重新演绎的独立战争 |
[04:08] | Always a heel-clicking good time. | 又到了狂欢的好时候 |
[04:10] | Oh, well, we’ve got a big surprise for everybody this year. | 今年我们为大家准备了一个大惊喜 |
[04:12] | – Great, I’ll pretend I’m interested. – It’s a big deal, Luke. | – 好的 我会假装我很感兴趣 – 这是件大事 Luke |
[04:15] | Yeah, it’s the same thing every year, Reverend. | 是的 每年都是这样 神父 |
[04:17] | You guys re-enact the time a bunch of pig-headed morons stood outside all night | 你们重演的那个时代有的只是 一群猪头整晚站在冰雪里 |
[04:21] | in the freezing snow waiting for a battle that never happened. | 等待着一场从来没有发生过的战争 |
[04:24] | This year is different, crank. | 今年可不一样 怪人 |
[04:25] | A local historian uncovered new evidence of Star’s Hollow’s participation in the Revolution. | 一个本地的历史学家发现了Stars Hollows 参与独立战争的新证据 |
[04:30] | Apparently, an English battalion was awaiting the return | 显然 一支英国军队在等待着 他们指挥官的归队 |
[04:33] | of their commanding general with plans for a big battle. | 计划着大干一场 |
[04:37] | Our soldiers caught wind of this and blocked the high road | 而我们的士兵听到风声后 就把大路封死了 |
[04:40] | so that the general had to travel by the lower road, through town, to reach his troops. | 导致那个将军只能抄小路穿过镇子 与部队会合 |
[04:44] | So, they kidnapped him. | 那么 他们绑架了他 |
[04:46] | No, they were much slyer than that. | 不 他们狡猾多了 |
[04:49] | They had a brave lady of the town use her wiles | 他们让镇子里一位勇敢的女士 用美人计 |
[04:52] | to draw the general to her rooms and keep him occupied. | 把将军吸引到她的房间里 并让他应接不暇 |
[04:56] | That delayed the general’s arrival which allowed Lafayette | 延迟了他抵达的时间 给Lafayette制造机会 |
[05:00] | the opportunity to ambush the waiting British troops. | 准备好对英国部队的伏击 |
[05:03] | A hooker stopped a battle. | 一名妓女阻止了一场战争 |
[05:05] | – We’re not calling her a hooker. – It’s too “Baretta”. | – 我们不会称她为妓女 – 太粗俗了 |
[05:07] | That’s what we’re doing now, trying to figure out what the hell to call her. | 这正是我们在做的事 思考着该怎么称呼她 |
[05:12] | This new re-enactment is going to be a huge boost to tourism, Luke. | 这次全新的演绎将会大大的推动 观光事业 Luke |
[05:15] | The local press is all excited to cover it. | 本地的媒体都会争相报道 |
[05:17] | Well then they’re very easily amused. | 他们很容易就被打动 |
[05:19] | Got a big casting session soon to pick the lucky townswoman to play our special lady. | 我们将通过一场浩大的海选 决定出演这位特别女士的女居民 |
[05:23] | – She should be thin. – But not too thin. | – 她要瘦 – 但不能太瘦 |
[05:26] | Know anybody who fits the bill? | 有心目中的人选吗? |
[05:27] | Not off-hand, but if I run into any moderately-weighted whores in my travels, I’ll let you know. | 暂时没有 但要是我在旅途中遇见了 适中身材的妓女 我会告诉你们的 |
[05:32] | Well, Patty is ready to go… | Patty已经准备好… |
[05:34] | – Morning. – Good morning again. | – 早 – 早 |
[05:35] | Oh, cool, the re-enactors are meeting. Another wonderful by-product of snow. | 太好了 演员们在商讨了 雪花带来的又一个美好附加品 |
[05:39] | Oh, yes, they’re cooking up something very special. You want coffee? | 是的 他们在构思一些很特别的事 喝咖啡吗? |
[05:42] | No. I’m late, so I’ll just grab it at the inn. | 不 我要迟到了 在旅馆随便吃点 |
[05:44] | I’m actually looking forward to having my first cup of joe in my new, snow covered inn | 实际上我期待着在我全新的覆着雪的 旅馆里喝上第一杯咖啡 |
[05:48] | and – why are the re-enactors staring at me? | 还有 他们为什么盯着我看? |
[05:50] | You wouldn’t believe it if I told you. | 我说了你也不会信的 |
[05:52] | The Reverend is blushing. Why is he blushing? | 神父脸红了 他为什么脸红? |
[05:55] | I’d walk out of here is I was you. And try not to walk too sexy. | 我是你的话就马上走出去 而且步调不要太性感 |
[05:59] | Okay. You’ll explain that to me later? | 好吧 你稍后再给我解释? |
[06:00] | – I’d enjoy that. – Okay. | – 我很乐意 – 好 |
[06:02] | – Hi, guys. – Pretty lady. | – 嗨 伙计们 – 漂亮的女士 |
[06:04] | Too thin. | 太瘦了 |
[06:07] | This is not about your taste, Andrew. | 这不是在给你找老婆 Andrew |
[06:09] | I’m going for historical accuracy’s side. Women were heavier back then. | 我是考虑到历史的准确性 那时候的女性比较丰满 |
[06:12] | How about your wife? | 不如就你老婆吧? |
[06:14] | You want a sock in the nose? | 欠揍吗? |
[06:15] | No, no, Jean, that works perfectly with my schedule. | 不 Jean 那和我的日程表没冲突 |
[06:18] | It’s been forever since we’ve seen each other. | 自从我们上次见面以后就没变过 |
[06:21] | Oh, I’d love that! Mirabelle is still one of my favorite – oh! | 我喜欢!布拉斯白兰地始终是我 最喜欢的酒之一 哦! |
[06:25] | Oh my God! Oh my God! | 天啊! 天啊! |
[06:28] | No, Jean, hang on a second, will you? | 不 Jean 等一下 好吗? |
[06:35] | – Hello? – There’s a dog on the patio! | – 喂? – 院子里有条狗! |
[06:37] | – What? Emily? – Of course it’s Emily! | – 设么? 是Emily吗? – 当然是Emily! |
[06:39] | – I’m sorry. You sound agitated. – Did you get a dog? | – 不好意思 你好像很激动 – 你养了一条狗吗? |
[06:42] | – Certainly not! – Well, there’s a dog on the patio. | – 当然没有! – 那怎么会有条狗在院子里 |
[06:45] | – Well, where are you? – Inside! Richard, do something! | – 你在哪里? – 屋子里! Richard 想想办法! |
[06:47] | I can’t see it from here. | 我这边看不见啊 |
[06:48] | Well, he’s here nonetheless, and he’s looking at me! Richard, the dog is looking at me! | 但它确实在这里 而且它盯着我看! Richard 那条狗在盯着我看! |
[06:52] | – Hold on. – I’m holding, but what are we going to – Richard? | – 等等 – 我在等 但我们要怎么? Richard? |
[06:57] | Shoo! Shoo! | 嘘! 嘘! |
[07:00] | Now do you believe me? | 你现在相信我了吧? |
[07:01] | Well, I wasn’t doubting you, Emily, I just couldn’t see it. | 我没说不相信你 Emily 我只是没看见而已 |
[07:03] | What is that? | 那是什么? |
[07:05] | Oh, you made it sound like it was a rabid beast, so I came prepared. | 你说的像是头得了狂犬病的狗似的 所以我就有备而来 |
[07:08] | Don’t get too close. | 别靠太近 |
[07:09] | I don’t see any froth on his mouth. | 它嘴里没有泡沫 |
[07:11] | Well, that’s something. | 那真了不起 |
[07:12] | I see a collar but no tags. That isn’t very smart. | 我看见狗圈了 但没有狗牌 这样不太明智 |
[07:15] | You’re getting too close. | 你靠得太近了 |
[07:16] | Well, what should I do? It’s freezing out here. We can’t let it roam around. | 那我该怎么做? 这里很冷 不能让它在这里徘徊 |
[07:20] | Well it can’t come into the house. | 那也不能让它进屋子里 |
[07:21] | Why someone would fail to put a tag on a dog… | 怎么会有人不给狗戴狗牌… |
[07:24] | Take it to the pool house. | 把它带去池边小屋 |
[07:25] | – What? Why? – Well, that’s why we have it. | – 什么? 为什么? – 那正是池边小屋的功用 |
[07:27] | We have a pool house for stray dogs? | 我们的池边小屋就是用来 收留流浪狗的? |
[07:29] | Love the innuendo, Emily. Fine. I will take him into the pool house. | 暗讽得真不错 Emily 好吧 我会把它带去池边小屋的 |
[07:33] | Thank you, Richard. I came out and he was just sitting there. | 谢谢 Richard 我一出来就看见他坐在那里了 |
[07:36] | – It’s a he? – I don’t know. | – 是个”他”? – 我不知道 |
[07:38] | Well, I can’t get a visual from this angle. | 反正我这个角度看不出来 |
[07:40] | It’s not important. | 这不重要 |
[07:41] | Dog! I want you to come with me. | 狗狗! 跟着我来 |
[07:44] | Come along, dog! | 过来 狗狗! |
[07:46] | He’s following you. | 他跟着你走了 |
[07:47] | Seems to be working! | 看来这奏效了! |
[07:48] | Good job, Richard! | 好样的 Richard! |
[07:51] | Hey! You know who just nipped at my nose? Jack Frost. | 嗨!知道刚才谁捏了我鼻子吗? 冬天叔叔 |
[07:55] | Huh. You know who just nipped at my ear? Jack I-Don’t-Care. | 知道刚才谁捏了我耳朵吗? “关我屁事”叔叔 |
[07:57] | Look outside, Michel. It’s the first time we’ve seen the Inn blanketed by snow. | 看看外面 Michel 这是第一次看见 我们的旅馆被白雪覆盖的样子 |
[08:01] | – It’s like a postcard. – I know. | – 美就像一张明信片似的 – 我晓得 |
[08:02] | I haven’t been this excited since Madonna just dropped by Total Request Live. | 自打Madonna参加”互动全方位”节目后 我再没有这么兴奋过 |
[08:06] | The floor’s a little wet, are we getting the mats out? | 地板有点湿 地毯快用完了吗? |
[08:08] | We are without mats. | 我们没有地毯了 |
[08:09] | That’s impossible, we ordered them eight months ago. We got confirmation. | 不可能 8个月前就下订单了 都有确认书了 |
[08:11] | They were back-ordered and due within two weeks. Two weeks turned into eight months, | 他们延期交货两个星期 两个星期变成了8个月 |
[08:15] | and all we have to show for it is our special yellow back-order receipt. | 而我们除了特制的黄色延期单据 什么都没有 |
[08:18] | Such cheap paper they use at the mat place. That should have been a clue. | 地毯店里我就该发现的 他们用那么低劣的纸张 |
[08:21] | What else can we put down? | 还有什么坏消息? |
[08:22] | Oh, plenty. I saw two movies over the weekend. They were both awful. | 很多 这个周末我看了两部电影 都很糟糕 |
[08:25] | No, I meant put down on the floor so our guests don’t slip and fall. We have to find something. | 不 放在地板上 好让顾客不会滑到 我们得找些东西铺上去 |
[08:29] | The good news is that there will be less people here who could possibly slip. | 好消息是在这里摔倒的人数会减少 |
[08:32] | What do you mean, less people? | 什么意思 人数减少? |
[08:33] | We’ve had four cancellations in the last hour. | 过去一小时内有4个预订取消了 |
[08:36] | – Why? What happened? – All due to snow. | – 为什么? 发生什么事了? – 都是下雪害得 |
[08:39] | Snow? Our beautiful snow? | 雪? 我们美丽的白雪? |
[08:41] | People say it is cold, the streets are bad… | 他们说太冷了 道路不顺畅… |
[08:44] | The streets are fine. They’re plowing away out there. | 道路没问题 他们正在扫雪呢 |
[08:46] | A graceful, gorgeous plow was pushing the snowy white out of the street right behind me, it was beautiful. | 我身后的一个优美华丽的扫雪机正 把雪扫出街道 美极了 |
[08:50] | – They wanted nice weather. – This is nice weather. | – 他们想要一个好天气 – 这就是好天气 |
[08:52] | It’s classic Connecticut inn weather. It’s all the more reason to come. | 这是经典的康涅狄格州旅馆天气 更应该来看看 |
[08:55] | I would advise that you change our cancellation policy. | 我建议你修改取消预订的规定 |
[08:57] | These people cancel and have to pay nothing. | 这些人取消预订却分文不付 |
[09:00] | I hate charging people for canceling. It’s too corporate. We’re doing things differently here. | 我不想因为取消预订而向他们收费 太不厚道 我们这儿做事别具一格 |
[09:03] | Oh, yes. Bankruptcy will be fun and different. | 哦 对 破产也会很有趣并别具一格 |
[09:06] | Be sure to file for it while it’s snowing, won’t you? | 下雪的时候记得去申请破产 好吧? |
[09:08] | We’ll go down to bankruptcy court in a horse-drawn sleigh. | 我们会坐着马拉的雪橇去破产法庭 |
[09:12] | Try to find mats. | 找地毯去 |
[09:13] | I’ll do what I can. | 尽量吧 |
[09:15] | Hey, Sookie. | 嗨 Sookie |
[09:16] | Good morning. | 早 |
[09:17] | How are you loving our winter wonderland? | 觉得我们的冬日仙境怎么样? |
[09:19] | – My car wouldn’t start this morning. – Oh, drag. | – 今早我的车打不着了 – 哦 糟糕 |
[09:22] | And we’re almost completely out of coffee. | 而我们几乎完全没有咖啡了 |
[09:24] | Oh, well. So, make some more. | 好的 那就多泡点 |
[09:25] | I mean out, out. There’s no more on the premises. | 没得泡了 咖啡用完了 |
[09:28] | – You’re kidding. – I wish I was. | – 你在说笑吗 – 我希望是的 |
[09:29] | But there’s mounds of it stacked in the walk-in. | 但不是还有一大堆在壁橱里吗 |
[09:31] | Heroin-sniffing dogs get all excited and confused when they go in there. | 缉毒犬一进去就变得兴奋和迷糊 |
[09:34] | Why do they get all excited and confused? | 为什么它们会变得兴奋和迷糊? |
[09:36] | Because you smuggle heroin in coffee. | 因为你掺了海洛因进咖啡 |
[09:37] | No, I don’t! | 不 我没有! |
[09:39] | It was in Beverly Hills Cop, remember? The heroin in the coffee? | 是<霹雳炮>的剧情 记得吗? 咖啡里的海洛因? |
[09:42] | Why are you taking everything so literally? | 你怎么那么死板? |
[09:43] | My car wouldn’t start! | 我的车打不着了! |
[09:45] | Since when does that make you take things literally? | 什么时候开始那令你如此死板? |
[09:46] | Wait, I’m sorry, when were there dogs in the walk-in? | 等等 我想问 壁橱里什么时候有狗? |
[09:49] | I’m just saying, we had a lot of coffee. Until now, apparently. | 我只是想说我们有很多咖啡 显然现在不是了 |
[09:52] | ‘Cause we’re switching suppliers. I found that new blend, you remember? | 因为我们改了供应商 我找的新的咖啡 记得吗? |
[09:55] | – You tasted it, you said it tasted great. – I liked it. I remember. | – 你尝了 还说很好喝 – 我可喜欢了 记得啊 |
[09:57] | So I’m letting the old stuff run out because the new stuff’s coming in | 所以我就想耗尽原有的旧货 以便买进新货 |
[10:00] | but the new stuff is back-ordered, so it never came in. | 但新货延期交货了 一直就没买进 |
[10:02] | Well, send out for more, immediately. | 那就马上派人去买 |
[10:04] | – Not possible. – Why? | – 不可能 – 为什么? |
[10:05] | Remember those wonderful snowplows you were writing a sonnet to not five minutes ago? | 还记得5分钟前 你写诗赞美的美丽扫雪机吗? |
[10:10] | Well, one of them dumped a ten-foot mountain of snow in our driveway. | 其中一个在我们车道上倾倒了10尺 厚的积雪 |
[10:14] | – There is no getting in or out. – Unbelievable. | – 现在没人能出去或进来了 – 难以置信 |
[10:17] | Well, it’s not so bad, because with the cancellations, no one’s coming today anyway. | 其实也没什么反正由于预订的取消 今天也没人会来 |
[10:22] | Yes, but we have to get out, to go home, eventually, and to get coffee now. | 对 但我们得出去 怎么说也要回家 还要买咖啡 |
[10:25] | So start the guys digging. | 快找人去挖 |
[10:26] | You mean I should get the one guy who did not call in sick | 你是说我应该找那个 因为下雪和天气冷 |
[10:29] | because of the snow and the cold to get digging? | 而没有打电话请病假的人来挖雪吗? |
[10:31] | Yes, get him digging! | 对 让他来挖! |
[10:33] | It’s okay, it’s all good. | 没事的 没事的 |
[10:35] | Snow will be dug and mats will be found, coffee will be bought, everything’s good. | 雪会有人来挖 地毯会被找到 咖啡会被买到 一切都会顺利的 |
[10:40] | By the way. | 说一句 |
[10:41] | – Yeah. – There are some people out there eating breakfast, and… | – 嗯 – 外面还有人在吃早餐 并且… |
[10:44] | – And… – And they’re drinking coffee. | – 并且… – 并且他们在喝咖啡 |
[10:47] | Customers. | 顾客第一 |
[10:51] | – Good morning. – Stupid C-span. | – 早上好 – 该死的C-span台 |
[10:53] | W hat? | 什么? |
[10:54] | Stupid C-span’s had me on hold forever and I’ve got to get going. | 该死的C-span台让我等了N久 而我要准备走了 |
[10:56] | Well, you’re not the only one who calls C-span, Paris. | 不是你一个人打给C-span台啊 Paris |
[10:58] | Right. There are a lot of us. Like the guy who asked the question | 是的 很多人想上台 就像那个 |
[11:00] | about Iran’s long-range missile production and nuclear capacity, | 询问伊朗远程导弹产量和核能产量 |
[11:03] | then shouted Ba Ba Booie! | 然后乱喊乱叫的人一样! |
[11:04] | Him they put on. Me they’ve got twiddling my thumbs. | 他们居然让这样的人上去 而让我闲的发呆 |
[11:08] | – Dad. – Hey, kiddo. | – 爸 – 嗨 小乖乖 |
[11:10] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干吗? |
[11:10] | Aw, I was just in the neighborhood, I thought I’d look you up. | 我经过这边 就顺便来看看你 |
[11:12] | Did you bring the baby? | 你有带婴儿来吗? |
[11:13] | Baby’s getting spoiled by her grandma. So where are you headed? | 她正沉浸在她奶奶的溺爱中呢 你要去哪儿? |
[11:16] | I have class. | 上课 |
[11:17] | Right. College. Classes. I’ve seen Oxford Blues, I should have put that together. | 对 大学课程 我见过牛津的运动队 应该联想到 |
[11:21] | So this is your place, huh? | 这就是你住的地方? |
[11:22] | Yeah. It’s a little messy right now. That’s Paris. | 嗯 现在有点乱 那是Paris |
[11:25] | – We’ve met. Hi, Paris. – Hello. | – 我们见过面了 嗨 Paris – 你好 |
[11:27] | Yeah, I’ve got a suggestion for getting you guys out of the ratings basement. | 我有个提议能让你们离开那个破地方 |
[11:30] | And putting me on hold is not one of them. | 而让我干等可不是办法 |
[11:32] | So, you were just passing through? | 你刚好经过这里? |
[11:34] | Yeah, I was in the area, or the area near the area, so how about breakfast? | 对 我刚好经过这里 这里的附近 去吃早餐吧? |
[11:38] | – Oh, I don’t have time. – It’s the most important meal of the day. | – 没时间吃 – 一日之计在于晨 |
[11:41] | And the most skipped around here. Mornings are busy. | 我们都不吃的 早上很忙 |
[11:43] | Forget busy. Forget class. Play hooky, have breakfast with me. | 别管忙不忙 别去上课了 逃课吧 和我一起去吃早餐吧 |
[11:46] | Come on. We can all go together if you want. Paris? | 来吧 我们可以一起去 Paris? |
[11:48] | I am kind of hungry. And C-span can kiss my ass. | 我是有点饿了 让C-span见鬼去吧 |
[11:50] | – Okay, then, we’re on. – Dad… | – 好的 那么 我们走吧 – 爸… |
[11:52] | – We can walk, we can drive, whatever… – Dad, no! I have to go. I can’t be any clearer, okay? | – 我们可以走过去 开车去 随便你… – 爸 不! 我得走了 我真的没空 |
[11:57] | Rory… | Rory… |
[12:01] | Well, we can certainly rebook you, because we’d love to have you come anytime. Really. | 我们当然可以帮您重新预订 说真的 因为我们随时欢迎您的到来 |
[12:06] | But if you reconsidered your cancellation and came in now you would find nothing less | 但如果您不取消预订而现在来的话 你会体验到一个神奇的仙境 |
[12:10] | than a magical wonderland. A snowy xanadu of goodness. Really. | 一个白雪纷飞的世外桃源 没骗您 |
[12:14] | Bing Crosby’s warming up his pipes over by the fireplace. Magical. | Bing Crosby还在壁炉上点烟斗 太神奇了 |
[12:20] | Yes, driving in the snow is tricky. | 是的 在雪路上开车是很棘手 |
[12:23] | No, I don’t think I could get Bing Crosby to come pick you up. | 不 我没法子叫Bing Crosby去接您 |
[12:27] | Okay. Well, just check your calendar and call me back, and I’ll be here to rearrange it. | 好的 那么等您有空再打给我吧 我会帮您重新安排的 |
[12:32] | Thank you. Bye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[12:37] | That was very graceful. | 动作很优美 |
[12:39] | Oh, I’m desperate for those mats. | 我急需地毯 |
[12:40] | I had been working on the mats but you asked me to shovel the snow. | 我本来是要去找地毯的 但你又要我去铲雪 |
[12:44] | And now I have a blister, a muscle spasm and a neck crick | 弄得我现在起了水泡 肌肉痉挛 脖子也扭了 |
[12:47] | and I have a date tonight, and a crick will cramp my kissing move. | 而我今晚还有约会 我的伤痛会让我 不能充分发挥接吻技巧 |
[12:50] | Well, I appreciate your effort. | 我很感激你的努力 |
[12:52] | Are you being sarcastic? | 你在讽刺我吗? |
[12:53] | Just a tiny bit. | 一点点 |
[12:55] | You know that I am light-boned and cannot take physical exertion. | 你知道我骨骼轻盈 不能做太多体力活 |
[12:59] | I work with my mind. | 我是靠头脑吃饭的 |
[13:00] | Well, you’re excused from shoveling duty, just focus on the mats. | 你是被铲雪给累坏了 专心去找地毯吧 |
[13:04] | We have another problem. The Goldfarbs are missing. | 我们又有麻烦 Goldfarb一家不见了 |
[13:06] | The Goldfarbs? Our Goldfarbs? | Goldfarb一家? 住在这儿的Goldfarb? |
[13:08] | The ones you recommended to go cross-country skiing this morning. | 今早你推荐他们去越野滑雪 的那家人 |
[13:11] | Right. So they’re out skiing. | 没错 那他们去滑雪了咯 |
[13:12] | They said they would be back by noon promptly. | 他们说中午会准时回来 |
[13:14] | Well, it’s past noon, and their friends are here to meet them for lunch, | 而过了中午 他们的朋友还等着和 他们共进午餐 |
[13:17] | but the Goldfarbs are erwol. | 但Goldfarb一家却缺洗了 |
[13:19] | – They’re what? – Erwol! Erwol! | – 他们怎么了? – 缺洗! 缺洗! |
[13:20] | – Oh! Awol. – What do I care. I’m French. | – 哦! 缺席 – 都一样 我是法国人 |
[13:23] | The point is, we strapped wooden sticks to the feet of a fat orthodontist | 问题是 我们的滑雪木杖还在肥牙医 |
[13:26] | and a woman with ugly chunky jewelry, and we lost them. | 和珠光宝气的丑陋矮女人那里 而他们却不见了 |
[13:29] | – Oh my God, it’s only noon! – Can I call the authorities? | – 天啊 现在才中午而已! – 我能打电话给警察局吗? |
[13:32] | You think we’re there already? | 事态有那么严重吗? |
[13:33] | – What are you doing? – Cleaning up. | – 你在干嘛? – 收拾一下 |
[13:35] | No, let’s wait another twenty minutes, just keep calling their cell phone. | 不 再等20分钟吧 多打打他们的手机 |
[13:38] | Oh, joy. | 好吧 |
[13:40] | Please tell me you’re not doing what I think you’re doing. | 你不是在做我认为你在做的事吧 |
[13:42] | What? I’m just cleaning up. We’re short-handed today. Go about your business. | 什么?我只是在收拾餐具 今天很忙 快去做你自己的事去 |
[13:44] | You were pouring leftover coffee from other people’s cups into your own cup | 你把别人喝剩的咖啡倒进 自己的杯子里 |
[13:47] | – and now you’re going to drink it! – No, no, no! | – 而你现在要喝了! – 不 不 不! |
[13:50] | – Give me that cup! – No! Get away! | – 把杯子给我! – 不! 走开! |
[13:51] | Don’t you understand if I don’t get coffee in me, things are going to get ugly around here! | 你知道吗 如果我不喝咖啡 这里的一切都将会变得很糟糕的! |
[13:55] | – Going to get? – Be very careful! She’s near a knife! | – 将会? – 小心! 她有刀的! |
[13:57] | – Give me that. I’m ashamed of you. – I’m ashamed of me too. | – 给我 真为你感到羞耻 – 我也为我自己感到羞耻 |
[14:00] | If that wasn’t a cry for help, huh. | 还说不需要人帮忙呢 |
[14:02] | – I’m going out. – The driveway’s still blocked. | – 我要出去了 – 车道还没通 |
[14:03] | – On foot. – The snow is soft and four feet deep. | – 用走的 – 雪很松软而且有4尺厚 |
[14:06] | – I’m cross-country skiing for coffee. – The Goldfarbs have the skis! | – 我要越野滑雪去买咖啡 – 雪橇给了Goldfarb一家! |
[14:09] | I’m going out and I’m bringing back coffee! | 我得出去 我要去买咖啡回来! |
[14:11] | Be careful of the floor! | 小心地滑! |
[14:13] | Oh! Oh, I’m sorry. We’re getting mats, I swear. | 哦! 抱歉 很快就有地毯了 我发誓 |
[14:16] | Have a nice day. | 祝你度过愉快的一天 |
[14:21] | Emily. Hello. | Emily 你好 |
[14:22] | Hello. I saw your car in the driveway and was just wondering if everything was okay. | 你好 我看见你的车停在车道上了 就想来看看事情怎么样了 |
[14:26] | Everything’s fine. Thank you. | 一切顺利 谢谢 |
[14:28] | I’ve put off my morning appointments to sort of stabilize the canine situation. | 我推迟了早上的预约来稳定 这个与狗有关的事态局面 |
[14:33] | She’s been fairly calm. | 她一直很安静 |
[14:35] | – Oh, it’s a she? – That has been ascertained. | – 哦 是”她”? – 已经确认了 |
[14:38] | – And there’s no I.D. tag? – A gross oversight of its owners. | – 没有狗牌? – 是她主人的疏忽大意 |
[14:41] | I found its exact breed, though, which may come in handy. | 但我找到了她的品种 以后可能派得上用场 |
[14:44] | Oh, wonderful! | 哦 太好了! |
[14:45] | Let me bring up the website. | 让我把那个网站打开 |
[14:48] | Dog Breed 411.com? Dog Breed 411 dot com”.. | |
[14:52] | Isn’t that clever? It’s amazing the information available on the computer these days. | 真好 现在电脑上能得到的信息 真令人惊讶 |
[14:56] | Oh, it’s wonderful. There are websites you’d be interested in, too. | 是很神奇 肯定也有你感兴趣的网站 |
[14:59] | Oh, I wouldn’t know how. | 我不知道要怎么弄 |
[15:00] | Oh, it’s easy. Whatever you’re interested in, you just type it in – | 很简单 你想找什么就打什么进去 |
[15:02] | the DAR, or Louis Vuitton, Franz Schubert – and you’re off and running. | 像DAR 或是Louis Vuitton Franz Schubert 然后就可以了 |
[15:06] | – That easy? – That easy. | – 就这么简单? – 就这么简单 |
[15:08] | – There she is! – A long-haired Jack Russell terrier. | – 找到了! – 长毛杰克罗素梗 |
[15:11] | I’ll start calling the neighbors and tell them we have a long-haired Jack Russell terrier. | 我要打电话告诉邻居们 我们养了一只长毛杰克罗素梗 |
[15:15] | A female. | 是个女孩子 |
[15:16] | What’s all that luggage? | 那是什么皮箱? |
[15:17] | Ah, that is the Louis Vuitton website. | 这是Louis Vuitton的网站 |
[15:19] | I thought you might like to peruse it. | 我想你可能会想看看 |
[15:21] | Isn’t that something? | 真不错 |
[15:24] | You use that mouse there to move around. | 你要用那个鼠标来移动箭头 |
[15:26] | A mouse? How fun! | 鼠标? 真有趣! |
[15:30] | That was David Hume. A personal favorite, | 那是David Hume 我特别喜欢 |
[15:33] | and I’m not saying that because Hume was Scottish and my mother’s maiden name is McCammon. | 我这么说并不因为Hume是苏格兰人 而我妈妈的娘家姓是McCammon |
[15:36] | Okay, more on the principles of morals, and perhaps why Scots rule, next time we’re together. | 好了 多去了解道德准则和苏格兰 的统治 下次我们再一起讨论 |
[15:41] | Have a good day. | 祝你们度过愉快的一天 |
[15:43] | And read! | 记得要读书! |
[15:44] | Read! | 读书! |
[15:48] | – Still here? – Still here. | – 还在啊? – 在 |
[15:50] | This is for you. Coffee. It might be a little cold. | 这是给你的 咖啡 可能有点冷了 |
[15:53] | Teachers sure talk a lot here at Yale. | 耶鲁的老师果然能说会道 |
[15:55] | – No bells. Don’t they have bells? – Nope. Thanks for this. | – 没下课铃 他们不打下课铃? – 不 谢谢你的咖啡 |
[15:59] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[16:00] | Look, Rory, that manic, desperate guy that came down to your dorm room this morning, | Rory 今早去到你宿舍 那个狂躁绝望的人 |
[16:04] | he left, he’s gone, and I’m not going to bug you anymore, okay? | 已经走了 离开了 我不会再打扰你的 好吗? |
[16:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:09] | I didn’t think it through, and I feel pretty dumb coming down here like this. | 我之前没有考虑清楚 我觉得这样来到这里很愚蠢 |
[16:12] | I just have to say, though, that I hate our relationship, okay? I hate it. | 但我得说 我讨厌我们的关系 知道吗? 我很讨厌这样 |
[16:18] | This wall, this stupid wall, it sucks. | 这堵墙 这堵该死的墙 见鬼去吧 |
[16:21] | And I put it there, but I wanted to try and do something about it, but I got a little desperate, | 是我建立起来的但我想试着做些什么 只是有点绝望 |
[16:24] | – and I’m sorry. – It’s okay. | – 我很抱歉 – 没事 |
[16:26] | I’ve been in Hartford a lot. My dad’s sick. My mom’s with the baby | 我最近常来哈特福德 因为我爸病了 而我妈带着个婴儿 |
[16:30] | and I’ve had time to think, and maybe that’s not good, but… | 我需要时间思考 可能这并不好 但… |
[16:34] | my dad and I, we always had that wall, you know? And… | 我爸和我 我们之间一直有堵墙 而且… |
[16:37] | God, for us to be that way, like my dad and me? I… | 天啊 要我们也变成那样 想我爸和我那样? 我… |
[16:41] | I don’t want you visiting me when I’m old and cranky and you feel like you have to. | 我不想等到我又老又傻的时候你才 因为义务来探望我 |
[16:45] | I want you to visit now and I want you to want to. | 我想你现在就来 我希望你打心底想来 |
[16:47] | Look, I’m not going to bother you anymore. | 我不会再来烦你的了 |
[16:50] | This wasn’t fair for me to do this, surprising you like this. | 这样让你大吃一惊是很不公平的 |
[16:54] | It wasn’t fair. Uh… | 很不公平… |
[16:56] | Here. I didn’t know how you take your coffee so I got you everything. | 拿着 我不知道你喝咖啡要放什么 所以我啥都带来了 |
[17:01] | I’ll see you, kid. | 再见了 孩子 |
[17:04] | Bye. | 再见 |
[17:07] | This is not just an historic re-enactment, ladies. | 这不仅仅是一次历史重演 女士们 |
[17:10] | This is an historic moment unto itself. | 这本身就是历史性的一刻 |
[17:13] | This will be the first time that a member of our fairer sex | 这将会是我们女士们首次参加 |
[17:17] | has participated in Stars Hollow’s Revolutionary War Re-enactment. | Stars Hollow的独立战争重演 |
[17:23] | Lulu is fully aware of the historical significance of this, Taylor. | Lulu完全明白这次的历史重要性 Taylor |
[17:26] | She’s bright and sexy, I’ll tell you that now. | 我告诉你 她又聪明又性感 |
[17:28] | All right. My point is that this will be the first vital role a woman has played in our re-enactment. | 好的 我要强调的是这是在重演中 女性扮演的首个关键角色 |
[17:37] | And you should know that it is of a sensitive nature, | 你们应该明白这角色有点敏感 |
[17:40] | so if you’re overly sensitive you may want to back out now. | 如果你太过神经质 最好现在退出 |
[17:43] | Lulu’s as insensitive as they come, Taylor. | Lulu很敏感 Taylor |
[17:45] | Fine, Kirk. Thank you. | 行 Kirk 谢谢 |
[17:47] | Now we’ve little time and we have to choose the right girl quickly. | 现在我们时间紧迫 要赶快选出适合的女孩 |
[17:50] | Stand up, please, all of you. | 请你们全部站起来 |
[17:54] | All right. Based on the visual that we’re looking for | 好的 根据我们的形象要求 |
[17:58] | I must now eliminate numbers two, five, seven and nine. | 我要淘汰掉2号 5号 7号和9号 |
[18:03] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你们的到来 |
[18:05] | Now, for the rest of you, I need to see a demonstration of your acting abilities. | 至于你们 我要看看你们表演 以检测你们的表演能力 |
[18:11] | Please give me your best come hither” look. | 请你们表现出轻佻的神态 |
[18:20] | Your… come hither” looks, ladies? | 你的轻佻在哪里 女士? |
[18:23] | That was my come hither” look. | 这就是我的轻佻 |
[18:24] | Girls, girls! You’re supposed to be seducing a man. | 美眉们! 你们应该表现出诱引男人 的神态 |
[18:28] | Now picture, on horseback, a dashing, finely accoutered gentleman, firm of jaw and solid of build… | 想象一下 在马背上 一个打扮时髦 帅气的绅士 诱人的脸蛋 强健的体格 |
[18:36] | I thought you were doing it, Taylor. | 我还以为你在说自己呢 Taylor |
[18:38] | I am – oh! You with your funny jokes. | 我? 你又在开玩笑了 |
[18:43] | Yes. Me and my jokes. | 对 我在开玩笑 |
[18:46] | – Four and eight, you may go. – Yes! | – 4号 8号 可以走了 – 好! |
[18:48] | – Taylor, isn’t eight your sister’s kid? – Mm-hmm. Yes, little Debbie. | – Taylor 8号不是你姐的孩子吗? – 是的 小Debbie |
[18:51] | And you were coaching her to – I mean, you had her – never mind. | 而你却教她? 做那个? 算了 |
[18:56] | Let’s try the look again, girls. You’re being seductive. | 再来一次 女士们 你们在诱引男人 |
[19:05] | Oh, Kirk, don’t be a pageant mom. | Kirk 别学夜总会妈妈桑 |
[19:07] | I can’t tell in these outfits. You’re all so heavily dressed. | 这样的装束我看不出来 你们穿太多衣服了 |
[19:11] | It’s cold outside. | 外面很冷啊 |
[19:13] | The young heroine of our story didn’t think of the cold | 我们故事中的女英雄在为国家 贡献出她最宝贵的东西时 |
[19:16] | when she gave up her greatest treasure for her country. | 可没有考虑冷不冷 |
[19:20] | Lulu’s got a bunch of hot outfits, Taylor. I can put her in something. | Lulu有很多火爆服装 Taylor 我可以给她打扮一下 |
[19:23] | Not necessary. Number one? | 没必要 1号? |
[19:27] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你的到来 |
[19:30] | Rats. | 瞎扯淡 |
[19:36] | – Oh! Lorelai! – Hey, Taylor. | – 哦! Lorelai! – 嗨 Taylor |
[19:37] | How would you like to play our woman of easy virtue? | 想来扮演我们美好品德的女角色吗? |
[19:39] | – What? – This is a straight offer, no audition necessary. | – 什么? – 直接给角色 不用试镜 |
[19:42] | Oh, well, it’s the best offer I’ve gotten all day, Taylor, but unfortunately I’d have to – ah! Ah! | 这是我今天得到的最好礼物 Taylor 但不幸的是? 啊! 啊! |
[19:46] | Is that a yes or a no? | 那是答应还是不答应? |
[19:48] | It’s a no, thank you. | 不答应 谢谢你 |
[19:49] | The level of commitment in this town is stunningly low. | 承担义务的觉悟在这个镇子里 真是惊人的低 |
[19:53] | All right, girls, let’s see your sexy walk. | 好了 美眉们 看看你们的性感步子 |
[19:59] | Warmth! | 暖和啊! |
[20:02] | – What are you doing? – The icicle foot. | – 你在干什么? – 我的脚像冰柱一样 |
[20:05] | It’s the latest dance craze, all the hip kids are doing it. | 是最新的舞蹈浪潮 年轻人都这么跳 |
[20:07] | Your shoe’s all wet. | 你的鞋子都是湿的 |
[20:08] | Oh, this evil puddle was lying in wait. Evil, evil! | 邪恶的水坑埋伏着我 太邪恶了! |
[20:12] | – Let me get you a towel. – Oh, forget the foot. I need caffeine. | – 我给你那条毛巾 – 别管我的脚了 我需要咖啡因 |
[20:15] | Whatever form you’ve got, I haven’t had any all day. | 不管是什么样的咖啡因都可以 我一整天没喝了 |
[20:17] | I’ll drink it, shoot it, eat it, snort it, whatever form it’s in, gimme. | 我可以喝 注射 吃 吸 不管是什么 快给我 |
[20:20] | Should I bother to ask how your day’s going? | 我该问问你今天过得怎么样吗? |
[20:22] | Oh, terrif! My shoe’s an icicle, the Inn’s driveway is snowed in and we lost the Goldfarbs. | 过的很好! 我的鞋子变成了冰柱 旅馆车道被雪堵了 还丢了Goldfarb |
[20:26] | Who are the Goldfarbs? | Goldfarb是谁? |
[20:27] | The two guests who bothered to show up. I sent them skiing and I killed them. | 两个突然出现的麻烦客人 我让他们去滑雪然后杀了他们 |
[20:29] | – You killed your guests? – Eh, well, you know what happens. | – 你杀了你的客人? – 经常会有这样的事 |
[20:32] | Here. | 喝吧 |
[20:33] | The only bright side of my day is being asked to be a prostitute. | 今天最值得大书特书的就是人家 邀请我去做妓女 |
[20:36] | That’s something to cling to. | 真了不起 |
[20:38] | Oh, hot! Warn me! | 好烫! 应该早点告诉我! |
[20:40] | Coffee’s hot? Sorry. Coffee’s hot. | 咖啡很烫? 不好意思 咖啡很烫 |
[20:42] | My girlfriend’s the whore! My girlfriend’s the whore! Woohoo! Yeah! | 我女友成了妓女! 我女友成了妓女! |
[20:49] | Great, now I’m not even the town whore. | 好了 我现在连小镇的妓女都不是了 |
[20:50] | Well, if you like, I’ll leave a little something on the dresser for you tonight. | 你愿意的话 今晚我在梳妆台给你 留点什么 |
[20:53] | – It couldn’t hurt. – Here. Ice cube. | – 没关系 – 拿着 冰块 |
[20:57] | Well, it would help to just put the word out there that we have a dog. | 帮我们告诉大家我们养了条狗 |
[21:00] | In case anyone hears of anyone looking for one. | 看看有没人在找狗 |
[21:03] | That’s right. A white long-haired Jack Russell terrier. | 对的 白色长毛的杰克罗素梗 |
[21:07] | Thank you, Margaret. I’ll be here all day. Bye. | 谢谢 Margaret 我一整天都会在这里的 再见 |
[21:10] | Margaret Whitson? Margaret. Whitson? | |
[21:12] | I figured a call to the neighborhood busybody was the first order of business. | 我发现这件事的第一个步骤该是 打电话告诉邻居里最好管闲事的人 |
[21:15] | How’s it doing? | 它怎么样了? |
[21:16] | Well, it seems to be asleep now, but I am lacking a proper bowl for its food. | 它似乎是睡觉了 但我缺少一个给它装食物的碗 |
[21:21] | I think I can help you with that, follow me. | 我想我能帮到你 跟着来 |
[21:25] | What are you feeding it? | 你准备给它喂什么? |
[21:26] | I’ve got some leftover stew. I’m going to pick chunks of meat out of it. | 我准备了一点剩下来的炖肉 我会把大块的肉从里面挑出来 |
[21:29] | Stew? Richard, tell me that that man of yours isn’t feeding you stew? | 炖肉? Richard 你那肥朋友 该不会给你吃炖肉吧? |
[21:33] | Well, he probably offered. He said it was a recipe passed down by some dead relative. | 大概是的 他说那是死去的亲戚 传下来的秘方食谱 |
[21:38] | Stew? That may be what killed his relative. | 炖肉? 可能就是那玩意儿害死了 他的亲戚 |
[21:41] | I didn’t think of it. | 我可没想那么远 |
[21:42] | Promise me you’ll make him prepare proper food for you. Please. | 答应我你会让他给你准备适合的 食物的 拜托 |
[21:45] | – That’s what he’s paid for. – I promise, Emily. | – 他拿了工资就该干活 – 我答应你 Emily |
[21:48] | – Here we go. – Ah, looks perfect. | – 找到了 – 看起来不错 |
[21:50] | And it’s chipped, so just toss it when you’re done. | 而且这个很便宜 用完就丢掉吧 |
[21:52] | – Thank you, Emily. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你 Emily – 不客气 |
[21:54] | – And the stew is history. – Good. | – 我不会再吃炖肉的了 – 好的 |
[22:01] | From what I can gather, this woman made eyes at a British general, | 据我所知 这女人向英国将军抛媚眼 |
[22:05] | and the British general was feeling a little randy. | 而这个英国将军很YD |
[22:08] | Such a salacious history our town has. | 我们镇居然有一段这么猥琐的历史 |
[22:10] | And she led him into her house and kept the fellow occupied. | 她让他进了自己的房间 并”占领”了他 |
[22:12] | Occupied his brains out, huh? | 用智慧”占领”了他? |
[22:14] | – Hey, don’t warp the loo. – Sorry. | – 不要明知故问了 – 抱歉 |
[22:16] | But why do you think they didn’t just kill him? | 你说他们为什么不干脆杀了他? |
[22:18] | I don’t know, maybe they knew that we would ultimately make peace with England | 不好说 可能他们知道我们最终会 和英格兰休战 |
[22:21] | and they wouldn’t want to kill a potential great-great-grandfather | 而他们不想杀了一个可能是 Winston Churchill或Benny Hill |
[22:24] | of a Winston Churchill or a Benny Hill. | 的高曾祖父 |
[22:26] | Well, that was very forward-thinking of them. | 他们眼光真长远 |
[22:28] | Boy, do I know how to dress a slut or what? I am very proud. | 天啊 难道我对装扮荡妇有天赋吗? 真自豪 |
[22:31] | So you haven’t said anything about our first snow. | 你还没有说第一场雪的事 |
[22:33] | – That’s right, I haven’t. – Why? You don’t sound so excited. | – 对 我还没说 – 为什么? 听起来你一点也不兴奋 |
[22:35] | – Snow and I had a bit of a bumpy ride today. – Bummer. | – 雪和我今天可是一路波折 – 真令人失望 |
[22:37] | I blame myself. I may have been too needy with snow. Too clingy. | 我怪我自己 我可能是太想要下雪了 离不开它了 |
[22:40] | So it had no choice but to push me away, create a boundary. | 所以它只好把我推开 制造一条分界线 |
[22:42] | Snow and men have a lot in common. | 雪和人有很多共同之处 |
[22:44] | What about you? Anything exciting happen today? | 你呢? 今天发生了什么好事吗? |
[22:46] | You get in a snowball fight with a Nobel Prize winner or something? | 比如说和诺贝尔奖得主打雪仗? |
[22:48] | No, no. Nothing out of the ordinary. | 没有 没什么特别的事发生 |
[22:52] | But I’m sorry that snow was so mean to you today. | 但今天雪对你那么刻薄 我为你感到抱歉 |
[22:55] | Oh, it’s okay. It wasn’t snow’s fault. | 没事 这不是雪的错 |
[22:58] | We had one bad day. Every relationship has its bad days. | 我们只是今天过的不好而已 任何一段感情都有相处不好的时候 |
[23:01] | It doesn’t mean you drop and run, you keep going, right? | 但你不能就这样放弃离开 你得继续努力 对吧? |
[23:04] | Peaks and valleys keep a relationship fresh. | 有喜有悲才能保持感情常在 |
[23:07] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[23:08] | Tomorrow is another day. | 明天会更好 |
[23:23] | No. | 不 |
[23:33] | Don’t do that. | 不要那样 |
[23:35] | – I want it gone, gone! – I’m getting it gone. | – 我不要它在上面! – 我正在铲 |
[23:37] | But this is personal. I’m physically hurting the snow as I dig at it. | 这是私人恩怨 我在挖的它的同时 对它造成物理性伤害 |
[23:41] | I’m chopping into its stupid white face with my razor sharp fingernail claws | 用我带有刀片般锋利指甲的爪子 切开它愚蠢的白脸 |
[23:45] | and I’m delighting in it! I want it to suffer! | 而我对此感到很愉悦! 我要它受苦! |
[23:47] | You look deranged. | 你真疯狂 |
[23:48] | Take that. Argh, and that! | 接招 还有这招! |
[23:50] | Why did you park it under a tree? | 为什么你把车停在树下面? |
[23:52] | I have been parking this stupid car under this stupid tree forever! | 我一直都把这破车停在这死树下! |
[23:55] | – But it’s snowing. – Yes! | – 但在下雪啊 – 是的! |
[23:56] | But snow has always protected me before. It’s been a white blanket of love! | 但雪以前一直在保护我 就像一张白色的爱之毯! |
[24:00] | We had a symbiotic thing going on! | 我们共生共存! |
[24:01] | Snow cannot protect you. | 雪不能保护你 |
[24:03] | Snow is frozen water falling out of the sky. | 雪是天上降下来的冰冻雨水 |
[24:05] | And as for this car and this tree, you can predict it. It’s gravity. | 而这个车和这棵树 你可以预料到的 是重力的影响 |
[24:09] | There’s four tons of snow on this tree. | 这棵树上有4吨重的雪 |
[24:11] | You park under it, gravity is going to come into play and take it out! It’s basic physics! | 你停在下面 重力就会把雪拉下来! 这是基本物理知识! |
[24:14] | I do not need a physics lesson right now, no matter how well it’s intentioned! | 我现在不需要上物理课 不管它是好是坏! |
[24:17] | – Sorry. – It’s over. Oh, yes, it is over! | – 不好意思 – 完了 对 完了! |
[24:22] | – What is? – Me and snow. | – 什么完了? – 我和雪 |
[24:24] | – We’re through! – No, you’re not! | – 我们之间结束了! – 不 你们没有! |
[24:26] | It was years of bliss, you know? We had some good stuff, and good times. | 这几年一直过的很愉快 我们共度了很多美好时光 |
[24:29] | I could show you pictures of the snow angels I made. But I am done. Done! | 我可以给你看我做的雪天使的照片 但现在都结束了 结束了! |
[24:33] | Well, let it down easy, okay? | 不要太激动 好吧? |
[24:35] | Oh! And I am changing my cancellation policy at the Inn. | 我还要改变旅馆取消预订的规定 |
[24:38] | – Because of snow? – Yes. | – 因为雪的缘故? – 是的 |
[24:40] | From now on if anyone cancels for any reason that I don’t agree with | 从现在开始任何人在2年之内 要是因为我不同意的原因 |
[24:44] | within two years of the date in question, no, no! Make it three! | 而取消预订 不 不对! 3年! |
[24:47] | Then, I am not going to refund their money and I’m going to kick them in the groin! | 那么 我不会退还他们的订金 我还要一脚踢进他们的股沟里面! |
[24:51] | – Geez. – But with my left foot. | – 上帝啊 – 但要用我的左脚 |
[24:53] | Because my right foot is still throbbing from being frozen in icy cold water | 因为我的右脚因为在冻水里冻伤了 现在还在颤抖呢 |
[24:57] | which has effectively ended my foot modeling career! | 完全毁掉了我的美腿模特事业! |
[25:00] | Foot modeling is a dying art anyway. | 反正美腿模特这行越来越不景气了 |
[25:02] | I am with you now, buddy, a hundred percent. | 我现在同意你的观点了 伙计 百分百同意 |
[25:04] | With me on what? | 同意我什么? |
[25:05] | Snow is nothing but annoying icy frozen water stuff that falls out of the sky at inconvenient times. | 雪只不过是不合时宜从天而降的 恼人的冰水 |
[25:11] | It’s Mother Nature’s icy Screw you, Lorelai Gilmore”.. | 是大自然的冰雪在玩弄你吗 Lorelai Gilmore? |
[25:14] | It’s just stupid stuff you have to shovel out of the way so customers can get into the Inn. | 是你要铲开它好让旅客能进旅馆 的蠢东西 |
[25:18] | It’s the stuff that melts and leaks through your roof! | 是融化了并从你屋顶漏水下来 的东西! |
[25:21] | It’s the stuff that stalls your car, it’s the stuff that buries your car… | 是把你的车陷住 把你的车埋起来 的东西… |
[25:24] | Oh no! No! Don’t even try to make up with me now! You and me are through! | 不! 不! 不要想现在和我和解! 我们之间玩完了! |
[25:28] | You stupid – hate – you! | 讨厌的东西 讨厌你! |
[25:34] | – Hello, Robert. – Good evening, ladies. | – 你好 Robert – 晚上好 女士们 |
[25:36] | – Hello, girls. – Hey, grandpa. | – 你好 孩子们 – 外公好 |
[25:37] | – Hi, Dad. – Did you come together tonight? | – 老爸 – 你们今晚一起来的吗? |
[25:38] | Oh, no, just a lucky coincidence. | 不 是个幸运的巧合 |
[25:42] | Well, hello, Mom. | 你好 妈妈 |
[25:44] | – Hello, girls. – Hi, Grandma. | – 你好 孩子们 – 外婆好 |
[25:46] | Just go about your drinks. I’m just here to sit with the dog. | 去喝点东西吧 我在这儿陪着狗坐 |
[25:48] | – Dog? – Oh, he’s cute! | – 狗? – 他真可爱! |
[25:50] | – When did you get a dog? – She’s not our dog. | – 你什么时候养的狗? – 她不是我们的狗 |
[25:52] | – No less confused. – And, it’s a he. | – 还是没搞清楚 – 是个”他” |
[25:55] | – The dog? – The dog is a boy. | – 这个狗? – 这个狗是个男孩 |
[25:57] | I thought you said it was a girl. | 我以为你说是女孩 |
[25:58] | I got another peek. It was rolling around on its back and it was painfully obvious. | 我又看了一下 他那话儿在下面摇晃 恐怕很明显说明了问题 |
[26:02] | – They’re so hairy down there. – This one especially. | – 他们那里很多毛 – 尤其是这条狗 |
[26:04] | It’s going from weird to weirder. | 事情越来越古怪了 |
[26:05] | – The usual beverage for everybody? – So he’s not your dog? | – 喝什么 照旧? – 他不是你的狗? |
[26:08] | It just showed up in our yard yesterday morning. | 昨天早上它突然出现在我们院子里 |
[26:10] | We have no idea how it got here or where it came from. It has no tags. | 我们不知道它是怎么进来的 从哪里来 它没有狗牌 |
[26:14] | He’s a very big mystery, this dog. | 他是一个大谜团 这个狗 |
[26:15] | Oh, now I’m monopolizing things and I’m not even here. | 我又控制了话题 我甚至不在这里 |
[26:18] | Please, go about your drinks. | 拜托 去喝东西去吧 |
[26:20] | No, no, I’m having Robert make one up for you as well. | 不 不 我让Robert也为你弄了一杯 |
[26:22] | Are you sure? Because I’m not officially here. | 你确定? 正式来说我不在这里 |
[26:24] | Absolutely. | 确定 |
[26:26] | Thank you, Richard. | 谢谢你 Richard |
[26:28] | So how long are you going to keep him? | 那你们要养条狗多久? |
[26:30] | As long as it takes to find the owners. | 直到找到它主人为止 |
[26:31] | Richard had to miss a half day of work yesterday. | Richard昨天要缺勤半天 |
[26:33] | But Emily has agreed to write a note excusing my absence, so it should be okay. | 但Emily同意写一张假条来解释我 的缺勤 所以应该没事的 |
[26:38] | Okay, now pretend I’m not here. You girls and I can chat later. | 好了 假装我现在不在这里 我们可以晚点再谈 |
[26:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:43] | Well, Rory, oh my God, did I tell you about the horrendous thing that Mom did? | Rory 我的天啊 我有告诉过你妈妈 她做过的可怕事情吗? |
[26:49] | She can be such a witch with a ‘B’. | 她看见蜜蜂就会性情大变? |
[26:51] | Lorelai | Lorelai. |
[26:52] | Oh, geez, Mom, I forgot you were there. My pretending is that good. | 呀 妈妈 我都忘记你还在那里 我的假装不太好 |
[26:56] | We can’t really pretend you’re not here, Grandma. | 我们不能假装你不在 外婆 |
[26:58] | That’s true, Emily. You have a presence that cannot be ignored. | 对 Emily 你的在场是不可被忽视的 |
[27:01] | Well, fine. I can leave. | 好吧 我走人 |
[27:04] | No, no! The dog likes you there. Join in the conversation if you wish. | 不 不! 狗喜欢你在这里 你愿意的话就加入我们谈话 |
[27:07] | Well, I am curious to know when you girls got the bad news today. | 我很好奇你们今天是什么时候知道 那个坏消息的 |
[27:11] | – What bad news? – Christopher’s news. | – 什么坏消息? – Christopher的消息 |
[27:13] | – What about him? – You haven’t heard? | – 他怎么了? – 你还不知道? |
[27:15] | – Nothing. – Lorelai? | – 不知道 – Lorelai? |
[27:16] | – Same here. – Well, that’s odd. | – 我也不知道 – 真奇怪 |
[27:18] | I would have thought he would have called them right away. | 我以为他会马上打电话告诉你们 |
[27:19] | One of them, at least. | 至少打给你们其中一个 |
[27:20] | Guys, what news? You’re making me nervous here. | 什么消息? 你让我紧张起来了 |
[27:22] | – Straub died. – Christopher’s father died? | – Straub去世了 – Christopher的爸爸去世了? |
[27:25] | This morning. | 今天早上 |
[27:26] | Oh my God, how? | 天啊 怎么去世的? |
[27:27] | Well, he’d been sick. | 他一直都有病 |
[27:29] | Very badly. He’d been diagnosed just a month ago, but it already spread. | 很严重的病 他一个月前才确诊 但已经扩散了 |
[27:32] | He was the picture of health, so it caught poor Francine completely off guard. That poor woman. | 他一直很健康 所以让可怜的Francine 措手不及 可怜的女人 |
[27:37] | I can’t believe Chris didn’t tell us. | 真不相信Chris没有告诉我们 |
[27:39] | He may not have been in any shape to think straight. | 他可能一时间大脑短路了 |
[27:40] | Did you check all your voicemails? | 你查收过语音信箱了吗? |
[27:42] | Yeah. Yeah, I did. | 嗯 查了 |
[27:45] | It’s terrible having more than one answering service. That’s the way you miss things. | 太多的联系方式实在不好 让你错过重要的信息 |
[27:48] | Well, I mean, we should send something, right? For the funeral? | 那我们应该送些什么过去吧? 葬礼的时候? |
[27:51] | Does he want us to go? | 他想我们去吗? |
[27:53] | He was very quiet on the phone, he was only good for the headlines. | 他在电话里显得十分沉默 除了头条新闻什么都不知道了 |
[27:55] | Well, you can’t blame him. | 你不能怪他 |
[27:56] | He had a very tortured relationship with that man, but none of that matters at the end. | 他和他爸的关系很糟糕 但到了最后那也不重要了 |
[28:00] | We should send him a card, or flowers. | 我们应该送他张卡片或花 |
[28:02] | We should send flowers. | 我们应该送花 |
[28:04] | Everything sounds so lame. | 这一切都让人沮丧 |
[28:06] | Well, whatever it is, send it to Francine. | 不管是什么 寄给Francine吧 |
[28:07] | Christopher and the baby are staying with her until all of this is behind them. | Christopher和婴儿在事情过去之前 会和她住在一起 |
[28:11] | I’ll give you the address before you go. | 你们走之前我会把地址给你们 |
[28:12] | We’ll send something together, Emily? | 我们也一块儿送点东西吧 Emily? |
[28:14] | I’ve already signed your name to some flowers. | 我已经以你的名义寄了花 |
[28:17] | Oh! He moved! Is it supposed to do that? | 哦! 他动了! 他会这么做的吗? |
[28:20] | Oh, Emily. Let me show you how he likes his blanket arranged. He’s a bit picky. | Emily 让我给你示范给你看他喜欢 睡在怎么样的毯子上 他有点挑剔 |
[28:24] | I appreciate your help. | 感谢你的帮忙 |
[28:25] | – Poor Chris. I mean, it’s so sudden. – Yeah. | – 可怜的Chris 太突然了 – 嗯 |
[28:28] | Did you even know his dad was sick? | 你知道他爸爸病了吗? |
[28:30] | – Well. Kind of. – You knew? | – 知道一点 – 你知道? |
[28:34] | – Dad told me. – When did he tell you? | – 爸爸告诉我了 – 他什么时候告诉你的? |
[28:36] | He didn’t make it sound like it was a big thing. Like he was that sick. | 他说的好像不是什么大事一样 原来病的那么严重 |
[28:39] | And with Sherry gone, and the baby – yikes. | 加上Sherry也走了 还有个婴儿? 哎呀 |
[28:43] | Yeah. Yikes. | 嗯 哎呀 |
[28:46] | …this, the bump acts as a kind of pillow. | 这样 卷起来像个枕头一样 |
[28:48] | Very clever! | 真聪明! |
[28:50] | There’s a dog hair in your drink. I’ll have Robert make you another one. | 有条狗毛在你的饮料里 我让Robert再给你弄一杯 |
[28:53] | Oh, that’s okay. | 没事的 |
[28:55] | No, no, I insist. | 不 不 一定要 |
[28:57] | Robert, we need dog hair removal. | Robert 把狗毛弄出来 |
[29:30] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[29:31] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[29:32] | I heard about your dad. | 我听说了你爸爸的事 |
[29:33] | Yeah, I figured you would, at your Friday night dinner. | 对 我想你也会的 在你们周五的晚宴上 |
[29:37] | God, is tonight Friday? | 天啊 今天已经是星期五了? |
[29:39] | I didn’t realize how serious it was. | 我之前没意识到是这么严重的 |
[29:42] | – I wasn’t listening. – Rory, I kind of veiled it. | – 我没有用心听 – Rory 是我故意没说清楚 |
[29:45] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:48] | I brought cookies. | 我带来了曲奇 |
[29:52] | And milk. | 还有牛奶 |
[29:54] | – Milk and cookies. – Is that okay? | – 牛奶和曲奇 – 可以吗? |
[30:28] | Hello? | 你好? |
[30:28] | – It’s me. – Hey! Where are you? | – 是我 – 嗨! 你在哪? |
[30:30] | – I’m just leaving Dad’s. – What? | – 刚从爸爸家里出来 – 什么? |
[30:33] | I came to see Dad because he came to school yesterday, | 我来看望爸爸因为他昨天来学校了 |
[30:37] | wanted to make amends and have breakfast, | 想修补我们间的关系 一起吃早餐 |
[30:40] | but I blew him off, even after he told me that his dad was sick. | 我没理会他 即使他告诉我他爸爸病了 |
[30:44] | Aw, hon… | 甜心… |
[30:45] | And, I don’t know, maybe he did say how sick he was, between the lines at least, | 我不知道 或许他有暗示 说他爸病得很严重 |
[30:48] | but I just held him off. And he didn’t say that he was dying. | 但我还是没搭理他 他也没说他爸快不行了 |
[30:52] | I just felt so awful the whole time at dinner tonight. | 今晚晚餐的时候我感觉糟糕极了 |
[30:56] | – It’s okay. – No, it’s not, | – 没关系的 – 不 有关系 |
[30:57] | because, regardless of Dad’s faults, he’s human and he needs us, | 因为 先不管爸爸的错 他也是平凡的人他需要我们 |
[31:01] | but he’s so isolated from us that he can’t just call or reach out to me, or to you, especially. | 但他被我们孤立了 他难以致电 或接近我 尤其是你 |
[31:08] | But he really needed to call you, and you guys go so far back, you knew his dad. | 他真的需要打电话给你 你最了解他了 你也知道他爸的情况 |
[31:13] | I know, but… | 我知道 但… |
[31:15] | And now he’s in the middle of dealing with all this sad and practical stuff of his dad’s death | 现在他要一个人处理他爸的身后事 |
[31:20] | and he could really use more visitors – especially you. | 多点人来看望他会更好 尤其是你 |
[31:24] | So go. Please. I want you to. | 去看望他吧 拜托 我想你去 |
[31:27] | Well, I’m glad to hear you say this, babe, because I’m sort of pulling up behind you here. | 很高兴你会这样说 宝贝 因为 我现在就停你车后了 |
[31:33] | Go. I’m taking off, so give him another hug for me. | 去吧 我要走了 替我再给他一个拥抱 |
[31:37] | I will. | 我会的 |
[31:37] | And I told him to call if he needs a babysitter. Remind him of that. | 我说如果他需要一个保姆就打电话 告诉我们 提醒他一下 |
[31:41] | I will. Drive safe. | 我会的 小心驾驶 |
[32:03] | You just missed Rory. | Rory刚走 |
[32:05] | Eh, we’re relaying it tonight. | 今晚我们玩接力跑 |
[32:07] | You guys are something else. | 你们真好 |
[32:08] | We try. | 正尝试转变 |
[32:09] | Milk and cookies? | 牛奶和曲奇? |
[32:12] | Grown-up milk and cookies. | 成人版的牛奶和曲奇 |
[32:14] | Come on in, friend. | 进来吧 朋友 |
[32:25] | Must you do that? | 你一定要那么做吗? |
[32:27] | – Do what? – Sip. | – 做什么? – 吮 |
[32:28] | Sip? You object to sipping? | 吮? 你反对吮吸? |
[32:30] | If it’s done at a decibel level rivaling Louis Armstrong blowing a high ‘C’ then yes! I object! | 如果吮吸的声音能与Louis Armstrong 的高音C相媲美?是的! 我反对! |
[32:34] | – I’ll put my mute on. – Thanks, Satchmo. | – 我静音吧 – 谢谢 Satchmo |
[32:37] | Mm! We’re just minutes away from the big re-enactment! | 还有几分钟隆重的重演就要开始了! |
[32:39] | Oh, my God, do not talk in that high-pitched girly voice of yours! | 天啊 不要用你女性化的刺耳声音说话! |
[32:43] | – Oh, now, come on. – You come on. | – 得了吧 – 你得了吧 |
[32:44] | I’m a girl, my voice is my voice. | 我是女孩子 我的声音就是这样 |
[32:46] | Well, I should have had a boy in anticipation of times like this. | 要是我早知道会这样就生男孩了 |
[32:49] | So it’s your fault. | 那就是你的错 |
[32:50] | Or Christopher’s. Whoever supplies that girl or boy part of the chromosomes. | 或是Christopher的错 是提供了 决定男女的那部分基因的人的错 |
[32:53] | It’s the guy. | 就是那个人 |
[32:54] | I’m sorry I’m not vivacious. | 不好意思我现在了无生气 |
[32:56] | It was for a good cause. | 初衷是好的 |
[32:57] | I never remember to drink water. That is the key. | 我从来都记不得要喝水 这就是关键所在 |
[33:00] | Lots of water! | 大量的水! |
[33:01] | – Pancakes! – What about ‘em? | – 烤薄饼! – 关烤薄饼什么事? |
[33:02] | Surefire thing to make my head feel less awkward for being attached to my neck. | 是让连在我脖子上的头 没那么难看的好东西 |
[33:05] | Then you are getting pancakes. | 那你就去吃烤薄饼吧 |
[33:07] | Have you ever been this hung over? I mean, I don’t want to know | 你有试过像这样的宿醉吗? 我其实并不想知道 |
[33:09] | because I don’t want to hear about it, but if you have, I am sorry. | 因为我不想听你说 但如果你有 我很抱歉 |
[33:12] | And if you haven’t, maybe your life has been a little too sheltered. Good night. | 如果你没有 可能你是温室里的花朵 晚安 |
[33:16] | Has anyone seen Taylor? | 谁见到Taylor了? |
[33:18] | I need to talk to Taylor. Come on, people, time is of the essence. | 我得和Taylor谈谈 快 大家 时间最宝贵 |
[33:21] | Throw something sharp at him. | 拿刀扔他 |
[33:22] | – Haven’t seen him, Kirk. – Oh, no. Oh, no. | – 没看见啊 Kirk – 不好 不好 |
[33:25] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[33:26] | Ah, nothing. Everything’s fine. | 没什么 一切很顺利 |
[33:29] | Lulu’s dress okay, Kirk? And answer quietly. | Lulu的服装怎么样 Kirk? 冷静的回答我 |
[33:31] | It’s perfect. Fits like a glove. Well, see ya. | 完美 完全合适 那么 再见 |
[33:39] | I think his mother’s over-stretching his laundry again. | 我想他妈妈又把他衣服给拉长了 |
[33:41] | Where is Luke? I need to order before I puke! | Luke在哪? 我要在我吐之前点菜! |
[33:44] | Was Dad drinking like this last night? | 爸爸昨晚也喝了那么多吗? |
[33:45] | Oh, he was the pusher. He just did not want to stop talking. | 都是因为他 他一直说个不停 |
[33:49] | Talking led to more drinking. Drinking led to more talking. | 说话导致喝酒 喝酒又导致说话 |
[33:52] | – But it was good. – Yeah. | – 但感觉不错 – 对 |
[33:54] | I wasn’t going to stay that long. I don’t know if he even has many friends any more. | 我本来不打算呆那么久 但我不知道他是否还有朋友 |
[33:59] | All of his old buddies are scattered all around, you know? | 他的老朋友都不在身边了 |
[34:01] | And his support group is two and heavily into Sesame Street. | 支持他的人只有两个了 但都还在看芝麻街 |
[34:05] | What time did you finally get home? | 你几点到家的? |
[34:07] | Sun high, birds sing, head hurts. | 太阳高照 小鸟鸣叫 头痛的时候 |
[34:10] | It was good that you went. | 你去了还是有作用的 |
[34:11] | Yeah, I know, he needed to vent, you know? And we alternated between feeling bad | 他需要发泄 我们交流了对他爸爸 |
[34:16] | about his dad and not liking him so much for pretty much being a jerk his whole life. | 感到难过的感情 和他没像他爸那样一辈子是个混蛋 |
[34:19] | Well, the one time I met Straub, he did seem a little bitter. | 有一次我遇见Straub 他是有点怀恨在心 |
[34:22] | The night took a very weird turn when he started coming up | 那晚当提起他的时候 出现了奇怪的转折 |
[34:25] | with all of his dad’s negative traits corresponding to the letters of the alphabet. | 用字母表上相应的字母表示他爸的缺点 |
[34:28] | What? | 什么? |
[34:29] | ‘A’ he was absent, ‘B’ he was a bully, ‘C’ he was cold, ‘D’ he was dreary… | A他没有尽父亲之责 B他是个坏蛋 C他待人冷漠 D他很阴郁 |
[34:34] | – What was ‘K’? – He was Kuwait-y”.. | – 那K呢? – 他就像科威特一样? |
[34:37] | Kuwait-y, like the country? | 和科威特一样 那个国家? |
[34:39] | Yes, as it got later it got sillier. | 对 越靠后越无聊了 |
[34:40] | Sounds like you’re just what he needed. You might be his oldest buddy. | 看来你正是他所需要的 你可能是他最老的朋友 |
[34:43] | True. But he talked on and on about you and how good it was that you visited. | 是的 但他一直在说你的事还有说你 去探望他的事 |
[34:48] | I’m glad. We had some stuff to figure out, and we’ve pretty much figured it out. | 我很高兴 我们有些事是要弄清楚的 而也就快要弄清楚了 |
[34:51] | Good. | 好的 |
[34:52] | – Hi! – Oh, I didn’t know you guys were here. | – 嗨! – 我不知道你们在这里 |
[34:55] | Hi, Luke. | 嗨 Luke |
[34:56] | Hello, there. | 你好啊 |
[34:57] | I had to run to the store. Look at this, this re-enactment lunacy. | 我必须要回来店子里 看 重演的神经病们 |
[35:01] | Oh, we are so front row for that. | 我们还坐第一排呢 |
[35:03] | – Your eyes are red. – I had a bad night’s sleep last night. | – 你眼睛很红 – 我昨晚没睡好 |
[35:05] | – Oh, yeah? What happened? – Well… | – 是吗? 发生什么事了? – 那个… |
[35:07] | Oh, I kept her up pretty late, you know, girl talk. | 我们聊的太晚了 女孩间聊心事 |
[35:09] | Oh, okay. So what do you guys want to eat? | 好的 你们想吃什么? |
[35:12] | – Well, she will have… – More coffee, that’s all I want. | – 她想要… – 我只是想多喝点咖啡 |
[35:14] | Okay, how about you Rory? | 好的 你呢 Rory? |
[35:16] | Yeah, I guess I’m fine with just coffee, too. | 我也喝咖啡得了 |
[35:18] | Oh, you two are easy. | 你们要求真低 |
[35:20] | – Spread that around, will you? – Will do. | – 分开装 好吧? – 好 |
[35:22] | What about your pancakes? | 你不要烤薄饼了吗? |
[35:23] | Pancakes are hangover food, it would get him suspicious. | 烤薄饼是宿醉的人才吃的 那会让他怀疑的 |
[35:26] | Well, I could have ordered them for you. | 我可以点了给你吃 |
[35:27] | – Well, I wasn’t stopping you. – I just wasn’t fast enough. | – 我刚才没有阻止你啊 – 是我说的不够快 |
[35:31] | I shouldn’t have lied about where I was last night. | 我不应该对昨晚我在哪里撒谎 |
[35:33] | I’m over nineteen and lying to my boyfriend about stuff. That’s wrong. | 我超过19岁了 这种事还向我男友 撒谎 这是不对的 |
[35:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[35:37] | I could just say his father died and I went over to comfort him. | 我可以说他爸爸去世了 我是过去安慰他的 |
[35:40] | With tequila. Which we drank, all night long, alone. | 还带着龙舌兰酒去喝 一整晚 独处 |
[35:43] | He didn’t need to know. It’s better that he doesn’t know. | 他用不着知道 他不知道更好 |
[35:46] | He didn’t need to know. | 他用不着知道 |
[35:47] | Ooh, the re-enactment! It’s starting! | 是重演! 要开始了! |
[35:50] | Voice. | 你的声音 |
[35:51] | – The re-enactment. It’s starting. – Much better, let’s go. | – 是重演 要开始了 – 好多了 走吧 |
[35:56] | Welcome to Stars Hollow’s new, historically accurate Revolutionary War re-enactment. | 欢迎来到全新的Stars Hollow 符合史实的独立战争重演 |
[36:01] | And to the members of the press I’d like to point out that my best side is my right side. | 对于媒体朋友 我想告诉你们 我的右脸最上镜 |
[36:05] | Left side’s fine, too. I was just kidding. | 左脸也不错 我只是开个玩笑 |
[36:07] | People forget that men of the cloth can crack jokes, too. | 人们都忘记了神父也可以讲笑话 |
[36:12] | Anyway, I’d like to introduce three special participants, Bobby, Tara and Craig, | 无论如何 我想介绍3个特别参与者 Bobby Tara 和Craig |
[36:16] | who were chosen from our own Stars Hollow elementary school | Stars Hollow小学挑选出来 |
[36:19] | to narrate what you see today. | 向你们讲述今天的故事 |
[36:21] | – The year… – Seventeen Seventy-Nine. | – 在… – 1779年 |
[36:25] | – The location… – Stars Hollow. | – 位于… – Stars Hollow |
[36:27] | Children should shoot us for what we make them do. | 孩子们应该射杀我们 |
[36:30] | …fortune turning point when our brave town militia learned | …幸运的转折点到来 我们镇勇敢的民兵获知了 |
[36:35] | that a powerful British general was riding through the area | 一位手握重权的英国将军正要 骑马经过这片区域 |
[36:38] | to rejoin his troops and wage a decisive battle. | 与他的部队会合并发动一场 决定性的战争 |
[36:42] | It inspired an idea. | 我们灵感突现 |
[36:46] | First, the militia went off to block the high road. | 首先 民兵们阻断了大路 |
[36:49] | Come on, men! Let’s block the high road! | 走吧 伙计们! 去阻断大路! |
[36:53] | What about horses? Wouldn’t they have had horses? | 马呢? 他们不是应该骑着马吗? |
[36:54] | Or at least some coconuts to bang together for a nice sound effect. | 至少应该绑着一些椰子 制造出逼真的音效 |
[36:57] | Brave our soldiers are. | 看我们多勇敢的士兵啊 |
[37:00] | The British general had no choice but to take the only path or road on this snowy day. | 在这大雪天 英国将军别无它法 只好取道小路 |
[37:05] | The road through Stars Hollow. | 经过Stars Hollow的小路 |
[37:09] | Soon a scout arrived to warn of the general’s coming. | 没多久 侦察兵就来警告大家 将军马上就会到来 |
[37:13] | The British general is coming! The British general is coming! | 英国将军要来了! 英国将军要来了! |
[37:16] | So expositional. | 太露骨了 |
[37:17] | I guess Tony Kushner wasn’t available. | 因为Tony Kushner那时候还不在 |
[37:19] | And then the general arrived. | 然后将军来到了 |
[37:22] | It’s certainly unfortunate that the high road was blocked this day, | 真不幸的是这种天气下 大路还被阻断了 |
[37:26] | forcing me to ride through town. | 迫使我要经过这个小镇 |
[37:28] | Seriously. This dialogue is worse than From Justin To Kelly. | 说真的 这对白比《热舞狂潮》还差 |
[37:30] | Then a brave woman put herself in harm’s way and emerged to distract the general. | 一位勇敢的女士不顾自身安危 主动出现并转移将军的注意力 |
[37:37] | – Is that your dress? – Yeah. | – 那是你做的裙子吗? – 是的 |
[37:39] | I made it to Lulu’s specifications. Did she get bonier all of a sudden? | 我是为Lulu量身定做的 难道她突然骨骼变大了? |
[37:42] | And taller? | 还变高了? |
[37:43] | Good day, fair lady. You intrigue me. | 你好 美丽的女士 你激起了我的好奇心 |
[37:47] | What have you to say? | 你要说什么吗? |
[37:51] | – Kirk! – Kirk? | – Kirk! – Kirk? |
[37:53] | No wonder her breasts weren’t holding it up. | 怪不得他的胸部衬不出来呢 |
[37:55] | What are you doing? Where’s Lulu? | 你在干吗? Lulu呢? |
[37:56] | She’s sick. | 她病了 |
[37:57] | I tried to find you but you weren’t around and I didn’t know what to do. | 我想找你但没找着 我不知道该怎么办 |
[38:00] | Everyone’s looking! | 大家都在看啊! |
[38:02] | I didn’t want to let the town down, with the press here and all, so I just did it myself. | 我不想让镇里的人失望 还有媒体 所以我就自己来了 |
[38:06] | That’s the ugliest lady I’ve ever seen. | 那是我见过的最丑的女士 |
[38:09] | This is far and away the worst thing you have ever done. I am livid with you! | 这是迄今为止你做过的最糟糕的事 我被你气死了! |
[38:14] | We’re not supposed to be arguing, Taylor. | 我们现在不该在争吵 Taylor |
[38:16] | We’re supposed to be making love. | 应该在做爱 |
[38:22] | Dear God. | 我的天啊 |
[38:29] | This simple, common woman whose livelihood defied laws of morality | 这位靠挑战道德观念的职业而谋生 平凡朴素的女士 |
[38:33] | but acting in a fashion which God would forgive her, | 以一种上帝会宽恕她的行为 |
[38:36] | led the British general to the warmth of her boudoir. | 让英国将军温存于自己的闺房 |
[38:39] | She saved Stars Hollow. | 她拯救了Stars Hollow |
[38:43] | Reverend. | 神父 |
[38:44] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[38:45] | The British general was kept occupied long enough for Lafayette’s troops | 英国将军被延迟 使得Lafayette部队 有足够的时间 |
[38:49] | to ambush his men – a decisive victory for the colonists. | 去埋伏英国军队 从而迎来了殖民战争的胜利 |
[38:53] | Thanks to the Stars Hollow militia and the woman whose livelihood… | 感激Stars Hollow的民兵和女士… |
[38:59] | – Now what? Is it over? – No idea. | – 怎么? 完了吗? – 不知道 |
[39:01] | How far are Kirk and Taylor going to take this thing? | Kirk和Taylor还要弄多久? |
[39:03] | I’m not leaving ‘till I find out. | 我弄清楚之前是不会走的 |
[39:05] | I have to get back to the Inn. Keep me posted. | 我得回去旅馆了 有新进展通知我 |
[39:07] | I’m riveted. | 我会留心看的 |
[39:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[39:18] | Hello, Richard. How are you? | 你好 Richard 你好吗? |
[39:20] | Very good. And you? | 很好 你呢? |
[39:21] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[39:22] | I was going to check on the dog. | 我正想去看看狗 |
[39:24] | I was thinking of putting up some fliers around the neighborhood. | 我想在附近贴一些传单 |
[39:27] | Fliers are tacky, but they work. | 传单很俗气 但是很有效 |
[39:29] | And I thought you could look up on your computer where the best place to print them is. | 我还想让你查查电脑看最好是 去哪里印这些传单 |
[39:33] | The dog is gone. | 狗走了 |
[39:34] | Gone? He’s gone? | 走了? 他走了? |
[39:36] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[39:37] | I thought you said it was a boy. | 我以为你说它是个男孩 |
[39:38] | Well, apparently I misread what I saw. | 显然我误解了我所看到的东西 |
[39:40] | She was very hairy down there. | 她那里很多毛 |
[39:42] | Your calls paid off. Some one you called called someone else, | 你打的电话起作用了 他们又打电话 给其他人 |
[39:44] | and somehow found the owner and she came and picked the dog up, late last night. | 最后找到了狗的主人 她昨晚来把狗接走了 |
[39:49] | I didn’t even hear anyone come by. | 我怎么没听见有人来 |
[39:51] | Well, I would have called to let you know but I didn’t see a light on | 我想打电话通知你的 但是我看你的灯都熄了 |
[39:53] | – and I didn’t want to disturb you. – It wouldn’t have disturbed me. | – 我不想打扰你 – 那不会打扰到我的 |
[39:56] | Well, now I’ll know for next time. | 下次我会记住的 |
[39:57] | Not that we’ll ever find a dog in the yard again. | 不过再不会在院子里找到一条狗了 |
[40:00] | Yes. Well. | 对 |
[40:03] | I hope you told them to get an I.D. tag for it. It’s irresponsible not to have one. | 我想你该告诉他们给狗带上身份牌 要不然就太不负责任了 |
[40:07] | I told them how much they put us out. | 我说了那给我们造成了什么损失 |
[40:09] | I missed a half day’s work, and you were inconvenienced even more. | 我有半天没上班 而你的生活更因此而不方便了 |
[40:11] | Yes. Yes, I was. | 是的 是的 很不方便 |
[40:15] | Her name was Princess, by the way. | 顺便告诉你她的名字叫公主 |
[40:16] | Was it? Princess? | 是吗? 公主? |
[40:22] | Well, I should get back to the house. I’ve got a million things to do. | 我该回去了 还有很多事要做 |
[40:25] | I have to go to work. | 我要去上班了 |
[40:33] | Believe me, I know the futility of fighting Mother Nature. | 相信我 与大自然相抗衡是没用的 |
[40:36] | She’s been a real mother” lately. Almost rivals my mother. | 她最近就像一位真妈妈一样 几乎可以比得上我妈妈了 |
[40:40] | Yeah, but you and your plow do control Mother Nature’s droppings, a. k.a. the snow, | 但你和你的犁 确实控制住了大自然的粪便 又称 雪 |
[40:44] | and all I’m saying is could you try to keep it from blocking the Dragonfly’s one and only driveway? | 我想说的是你能让它不堵塞 蜻蜓旅馆唯一的车道吗? |
[40:50] | You know, it kind of blocks us in and we get all cranky and claustrophobic, | 它阻断了我们的道路 让我们感到 暴躁和患上幽闭恐怖症 |
[40:54] | especially when we’re out of coffee. Which I’m not anticipating, | 尤其是我们没有咖啡喝的时候 这是我没有预料到的 |
[40:56] | but I didn’t anticipate it before and it happened, and I suffered with drawal pains. | 但在此之前我并没有那么期待 我还忍受着抽搐的痛苦 |
[41:02] | Right. Well, I really appreciate it. | 好 我很感激 |
[41:05] | I actually like plows, you know? They look like fun. | 我其实很喜欢犁 它们看上去很有趣 |
[41:09] | Right. I’m sure plowing doesn’t pay enough, though. That part’s not fun. | 对 我知道铲雪的钱不多 这并不有趣 |
[41:12] | I used to be a maid. I know low wages. | 我以前是个女仆 我知道低工资的痛苦 |
[41:15] | Well, I’m really not comfortable telling you what I made then or what I make now. | 我真不愿意告诉你当时我是赚多少 而现在是赚多少 |
[41:20] | Just, anything you can do will help. | 不管怎么样你都帮大忙了 |
[41:23] | Okay, thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[41:27] | – What is this? – It’s an ice rink. | – 这是什么? – 溜冰场 |
[41:29] | An ice rink? How did this happen? | 溜冰场? 怎么会这样? |
[41:31] | Jack Frost brought it. | 冬天叔叔带来的 |
[41:32] | – Does he look like Luke Danes? – A little. Not as handsome. | – 他长得像Luke Danes? – 一点点 没那么帅 |
[41:35] | You made me an ice rink? | 你为我造了一个溜冰场? |
[41:37] | It’s just a rink in a box. You set it up, you fill it with water, it’s not a big deal. | 只是一个大盒子罢了 装好 注满水 没什么了不起的 |
[41:41] | It is a big deal. It’s a very big deal. | 了不起 很了不起 |
[41:44] | Here. Try it out. | 试试 |
[41:46] | My dad did this for me once. I was in a hockey phase. | 我爸爸有一次为我弄过 那时候我很喜欢曲棍球 |
[41:49] | ‘Till I broke my nose the first time. Skated right into a tree. | 直到我第一次滑冰就撞到树上了 撞断了鼻梁 |
[41:53] | What in the world inspired you to do this? | 究竟是什么启发你要做这个? |
[41:56] | Well, I felt kind of bad about you and snow, the rough time you were having, | 我为你和雪之间感到难过 你们所度过的不愉快的时光 |
[41:59] | and I really wasn’t helping any by saying all that stuff about snow | 而我所说的那些话完全起不上作用 |
[42:02] | being a pain and impractical, and it’s just icy water falling from the sky, | 很繁琐很不切实际 那只不过是 从天降下来的冰水而已 |
[42:06] | and I thought maybe I’d get you two back together. Make you feel better about snow again. | 所以我想让你们俩从归于好 让你对雪感觉有所转变 |
[42:09] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗? |
[42:10] | I’m grumpy about stuff but I don’t want you to be. | 我脾气很暴躁 但我不希望你也那样 |
[42:15] | Careful. | 小心 |
[42:17] | I’m being careful. | 我会小心的 |
[42:19] | – Thanks for reconciling us. – Any time. | – 谢谢你的调解 – 不客气 |
[42:23] | You were lying this morning. | 你今天早上说谎了 |
[42:25] | What? | 什么? |
[42:26] | You said you were fine but you didn’t look it. You get sick or something last night? | 你说你没事但看起来并不是那样 你昨晚生病了吗? |
[42:29] | No. No, I just had a headache. Still do. Just one of those things. | 不 不 我只是有点头疼 现在还痛 就是这些小病小痛的 |
[42:33] | Yeah, I get headaches. I just feel bad. | 嗯 我也头痛过 感觉很糟糕 |
[42:36] | That’s all it was, a headache. | 就是这样 头痛 |
[42:37] | – I love this ice rink! – Try it out. | – 我喜欢这个溜冰场! – 滑滑看 |
[42:45] | – Oh, it’s great! – Keep away from trees. | – 太好了! – 远离树木 |
[42:49] | Ah, I look like a dork but I love it. | 我看起来很傻 但是感觉很好 |
[42:51] | You look fine. | 你看起来很好 |
[42:54] | You want to be Randy to my Tai? | 你当Randy 我当Tai吧? |
[42:55] | Nah, I’ll just watch. | 不了 我看着就好 |
[43:06] | Synchro: Amariss – www. forom. com – |