时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hey. You built me a shelf. That’s so nice. | 嗨 你给我做了个架子 你真好 |
[00:04] | It was anything but nice. I kept using your crazy toothpaste. | 我可不是为了对你好才那样的 我总是错拿了你的破牙膏用 |
[00:07] | There’s nothing crazy about my toothpaste. | 我的牙膏可一点也不破啊 |
[00:08] | – It’s cinnamon. – So what? | – 是肉桂味的 – 那又怎么了? |
[00:09] | I don’t like cinnamon. I like normal flavored. | 我不喜欢肉桂味的 我喜欢普通味道的 |
[00:11] | What exactly is this normal flavor? | 这个普通味是什么味? |
[00:13] | – You know, striped. – Striped. That’s not a flavor. | – 我喜欢有条纹的 – 有条纹的 这可不是一种口味啊 |
[00:16] | It is in the toothpaste world. | 在牙膏的世界里就是一种 |
[00:17] | Ooo, the toothpaste world. Is that anything like Whoville? | 哦 还牙膏的世界 是不是像Whoville一样的? |
[00:20] | – I’m exhausted. – I’m exhilarated. | – 我都筋疲力尽了 – 我高兴死了 |
[00:24] | You know, you don’t have to do this. | 你知道 你不用也这么早睡觉的 |
[00:25] | Hey. Going to bed early every once in a while is good for ya. | 嗨 时不时的早点休息 对自己身体好嘛 |
[00:29] | I have to get up at four. You don’t. | 我必须早上四点起来 你不用的 |
[00:31] | Yes, I know, but every night you have early deliveries is a night we spend apart | 我知道 但每次你要早交货时 晚上咱们就得这样分开 |
[00:34] | and seriously, where’s the good in that? | 说真的 这样又有什么好处? |
[00:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:40] | – ‘Night. – Night. | – 晚安 – 你也晚安 |
[00:53] | Man, is it quiet. Do you hear how quiet it is? | 伙计 太安静了吧 你听听这难道不安静? |
[00:56] | Do you have a pin, ’cause I want to hear it drop. | 你有大头针没 真想听听它掉在地上的声音 |
[00:58] | – No pins. – Okay. Sorry. | – 没大头针 – 好吧 打扰了 |
[01:01] | So, okay. Good night. | 好吧 就这样 晚安 |
[01:09] | Hey, Luke. Why don’t you have a T.V.? | 嗨 Luke 你怎么没个电视? |
[01:14] | I have a T.V. | 我有电视啊 |
[01:15] | No, I mean, in here, in the bedroom so you can watch T.V. in bed. | 不是 我时说在这卧室里 那样就能睡觉时看电视了 |
[01:18] | I don’t watch T.V. in bed. Studies show that it’s not good for your sleep. | 我不睡觉时看电视 研究表明那对你睡眠不好 |
[01:23] | What studies? | 什么研究? |
[01:23] | Watching T.V. in bed screws up your REM sleep. | 睡觉时看电视会搅乱你的眼动睡眠 |
[01:26] | But Charlie Rose, Jon Stewart, Pink Lady and Jeff? | 那Charlie Rose, Jon Stewart Pink Lady和Jeff也打扰你? |
[01:30] | All screw up your REM sleep. | 这些都会搅乱你的眼动睡眠 |
[01:31] | How does Charlie Rose screw up your REM sleep? | Charlie Rose怎么会影响你的睡眠? |
[01:33] | Because he’s always got some guy on pushing a book about | 因为他总是找些人推销书 |
[01:35] | how everything’s all going to hell, or they’re going to pass a law, | 说万物会怎样下地狱 或者他们要颁布一项法令 |
[01:38] | how everyone with a nose ring is going to get shipped off to China. | 要把有鼻环的人都搞到中国去 |
[01:42] | Suddenly you’re depressed, thinking we’re all going to die | 突然间就有点郁闷 觉得咱们马上就要归西了 |
[01:45] | and don’t drink the water, there’s anthrax in my bagel… | 还有不要喝水 我的百吉饼里有炭疽热什么的… |
[01:48] | and bam, there goes your REM sleep. | 这不就影响你的眼动睡眠了么 |
[01:50] | Or Mel Brooks is on, and he is so funny, and you think, | 在电视上看Mel Brooks时 他特别搞笑 让你想到 |
[01:54] | “What a wonderful world we live in, that there’s a Mel Brooks to go to sleep to. “ | “我们居住的这个世界是多么美妙啊 因为有个Mel Brooks促进我睡眠” |
[01:58] | Mel Brooks is never on Charlie Rose, and when he is on he’s talking about Nazis, | Mel Brooks从来不上Charlie Rose的节目 就算上了也只说关于纳粹的东西 |
[02:01] | and then you go to sleep and you dream about Nazis | 让你睡着以后会梦到纳粹分子 |
[02:03] | and they all look like Nathan Lane, and you’re creeped out for days. | 长得都像Nathan Lane 能好几天搞得你魂不守舍的 |
[02:06] | You know what ruins your REM sleep, is those articles about REM sleep. | 其实真正影响你眼动睡眠的 是关于眼动睡眠的文章 |
[02:09] | And you know what could help you forget those articles about REM sleep? | 你知道什么对于忘记那些文章 有帮助么? |
[02:12] | What? | 什么? |
[02:13] | A television. | 电视呗 |
[02:15] | – Say goodnight, Gracie. – Goodnight, Gracie. | – 跟我说 晚安 宝贝儿 – 晚安 宝贝儿 |
[03:23] | – Move butt, please. – In a minute. | – 麻烦借个光 – 稍等 |
[03:24] | – What’s wrong with Doyle? – Mitchum Huntzberger just left. | – Doyle这是怎么了? – Mitchum Huntzberger刚走 |
[03:26] | – Logan’s dad? – My entire body is numb. | – Logan的老爸? – 我整个都麻掉了 |
[03:28] | – What was he doing here? – What was he doing here? | – 他来干什么? – 他来干什么? |
[03:30] | Busting my chops, which are now numb. | 把我骂了一顿 要不我能麻了么 |
[03:32] | – Oh my God, my chops are completely numb! – Don’t speak, don’t speak. | – 我的天 我嘴这边完全麻了! – 别说话 别说话 |
[03:37] | So Mitchum Huntzberger stopped by just to make various parts of Doyle’s body insensate? | 那Mitchum Huntzberger过来的 仅是为了让Doyle有些部位麻木掉? |
[03:41] | He’s a deep-pocket alumnus. | 他是个巨富的老校友 |
[03:42] | Every few months Yale reels guys like him in for banquets and luncheons. | 每隔几个月 耶鲁都找他参加各种聚餐会 |
[03:46] | And he’s going to New York to throw some party for Seymour Hersh on Friday night. | 他正要去纽约给Seymour Hersh 在星期五晚上置办个派对 |
[03:49] | A little faster? | 能扇的快点么? |
[03:50] | Seymour Hersh? The New Yorker’s Seymour Hersh? Wow. | Seymour Hersh? 纽约客的那个Seymour Hersh? 天呐 |
[03:53] | The man owns thirteen newspapers. | 那人有十三种报纸是自己的 |
[03:54] | He’s my best contact in the business and I fell like a house of cards. | 他是我业内最牛的关系户了 可我就出了那么大一个丑 |
[03:57] | I made that joke about Abu Grab. God, that was inappropriate. | 我开了那个关于阿布格莱布监狱的玩笑 天 真是太不合适了 |
[04:00] | It wasn’t supposed to be a ha ha, funny Abu Grab joke. | 本身就不应该是个关于阿布格莱布 的让人哈哈大笑的玩笑 |
[04:02] | Stop beating yourself up. | 别在这自虐了 |
[04:03] | Then he busted me on the fact that Logan hasn’t had a by-line all year, | 他提到Logan一年来没写过一篇文章 真是戳到我痛处了 |
[04:06] | wants me to light a fire under him and get him to write. | 想让我在他屁股底下点把火 好让他开工 |
[04:08] | “I’d like to hand the business over to my son, Doyle, | “我想把事业交给我儿子打理 Doyle |
[04:11] | so it’d be nice if he knew something about it. “ | 所以他要是懂点行 会好很多” |
[04:12] | He’s going to pass his empire on to that playboy cad | 他要把自己的产业帝国 传给那个下流花花公子 |
[04:14] | while a rising star such as Doyle is standing right before him. | 却对Doyle这种明日新星视而不见 |
[04:17] | In a pool of my own sweat. See, it’s kind of a minus. | 我当时那个汗如雨下啊! 看到没? 简直太傻了 |
[04:19] | I’m sure it wasn’t that bad. | 没你自己想的那么坏的 |
[04:21] | Now I’m Logan’s journalistic Godfather, | 现在我成了Logan的新闻业教父 |
[04:23] | and I can’t even get the punk to show up, never mind write a story. | 我都不能让那小子按时上班 更不用扯什么让他写个故事出来 |
[04:25] | – Do you even know if he can write? – Oh, he can write. | – 你确信他会些东西? – 哦 他会写东西 |
[04:27] | He’s actually an excellent writer. | 实际上他写的还真不错 |
[04:29] | How’s that for God giving with both hands, huh? | 鱼和熊掌可以兼得 |
[04:31] | Every now and then, usually when he gets the flu or the clap, and can’t party, | 有些时候 一般是当他感冒了 或者得了那啥病 不能去派对时 |
[04:34] | he’ll throw us a bone and write something. It’s always good. | 才扔个骨头给我们 写篇文章出来 总是写的不错 |
[04:37] | Damn good. Stupid bastard. | 该死的好 这王八蛋 |
[04:39] | Well, you are his editor, Doyle. Talk to him. Assign him something. | 你是他的主编 Doyle 跟他聊聊 分给他点任务 |
[04:42] | I did. He’s supposed to cover the student uproar over Assistant Professor Warrick resigning. | 我分任务了 他本该负责学生 因为助理教授Warrick辞职引起的骚动 |
[04:46] | And? | 然后嘞? |
[04:46] | And he said thank you, left the room, | 然后他来了句 谢谢 就离开屋子了 |
[04:49] | and I heard him laughing all the way down the hall. I haven’t seen him here since. | 然后我就听到他一路狂笑 知道大厅 打那我就再没见过他 |
[04:52] | I don’t know what to do. | 我真的是没着了 |
[04:54] | Um, Doyle, I just finished that piece on the dissatisfaction of the faculty with the tenure system, | 嗯 Doyle 我刚刚搞定那份 关于教员对于任期制度的不满的文章 |
[04:58] | and I bet a lot of my notes would overlap with Logan’s story. | 我敢打赌我里面的很多内容 跟Logan应该写的故事会有重合 |
[05:01] | Point, Gilmore, point? | 什么意思 Gilmore 到底想说什么? |
[05:03] | If you want, I could arrange to get together with Logan. | 如果你愿意 我可以安排约见Logan |
[05:05] | Share my notes with him. Maybe it could get him started. | 让他看看我写的东西 也许那样能让他开工 |
[05:07] | Really? You’d do that? | 真的假的? 你要那么干? |
[05:09] | Sure. I mean, if it would help you out. | 当让 我是说 如果能帮到你的话 |
[05:10] | Gilmore, I am loving you at this moment. | Gilmore 现在我爱死你了 |
[05:12] | – Moment’s over. – Moment’s over. Thanks. | – 适可而止啊你 – 好 适可而止 谢谢 |
[05:13] | Sure, boss. Anything for the team. | 不客气 老板 为了团队嘛 |
[05:22] | Okay, everyone remember your time cards. | 好 每个人都记住自己的计时卡 |
[05:25] | Punch in, punch out, including lunch and breaks. | 打上班卡 打下班卡 包括午餐和中间休息 |
[05:27] | Okay, now, next on the agenda is something very exciting. | 好 现在 下一个议题很让人激动嘛 |
[05:31] | The Dragonfly Inn’s first official sexual harassment seminar. | 蜻蜓旅馆的第一例 办公室性骚扰案研究会 |
[05:35] | Ah, finally. Yes, good, talk to them. | 唉 总算轮到这个了 好好跟他们说说 |
[05:37] | Sexual harassment is bad. | 性骚扰可不是什么好事 |
[05:38] | So no one touch anyone in any funny places unless specifically asked. Moving on. | 除非他人允许 否则任何人 不许碰任何其他人的任何地方 继续 |
[05:43] | That’s it? That’s the seminar? | 就这么多? 就这样也叫研讨会? |
[05:45] | Where’s the speech about people not ogling other people like an object of desire? | 关于员工不能为了自己的欲望 向别人暗送秋波的议题呢 ? |
[05:50] | How about explaining that the way some people walk | 稍微解释下 人们走路时姿势 |
[05:53] | with a sway or a bounce, it is natural. | 一扭一扭的是正常的嘛 |
[05:55] | It is because we work out, and we take Pilates, and… | 那是因为我们经常健身 而且上普拉提课… |
[05:58] | No one touch Michel! Moving on. | 以后不许任何人碰Michel! 继续 |
[06:01] | Uh, Billy, Adam, you’ve got to remember to securely lock the padlock on the stables, | Billy Adam 你们以后要记住 确保锁好马厩的挂锁 |
[06:06] | not just hook it on. Cletus has figured out how to push it off with his nose, | 不仅仅要挂上 Cletus已经学会 用鼻子把锁碰掉了 |
[06:10] | and two days in a row I found him at reception. | 连续两天 我都发现它出现在接待台 |
[06:12] | Now if you could just check people in, that would be a different story, but… | 如果它又会帮客人登记入住的话 那就另当别论了 但… |
[06:16] | until then, um, lock the stable and check the lock and – | 在那一天到来前 锁好马厩然后检查下锁好没有 |
[06:20] | Kirk. What are you doing here? | Kirk 你跑这来干什么? |
[06:22] | – Staff meeting. – You don’t work here. | – 员工大会嘛 – 你不在这上班的 |
[06:24] | I thought I might like to go into hotel management someday, | 我觉得我以后会考虑 进入宾馆管理层的 |
[06:26] | and I figured this was a good place to learn. | 所以我觉得 这是学点东西的好去处 |
[06:28] | Oh, Kirk, you can’t just crash a staff meeting. | 哦 Kirk 员工大会不是你说来就来的啊 |
[06:31] | Outsiders cannot crash staff meetings. ” | 员工大会开会期间 外人不能说来就来 |
[06:35] | I’m learning so much. | 今天学的可真不少 |
[06:36] | Okay, anything else to discuss before we wrap it up here? | 好吧 还有什么要说的么? |
[06:39] | Yes. | 有 |
[06:40] | We have a problem with some honor bar discrepancies. | 关于客房食品柜亏损的问题 |
[06:44] | For the past few weeks after I have checked a room and found the honor bar intact, | 几个星期前我在查完房间 确保食品柜完好无损后 |
[06:48] | the next day, Toblerones are missing. | 第二天 就发现Toblerones巧克力没了 |
[06:51] | What? | 什么? |
[06:51] | Only Toblerones, and only in certain rooms. | 只有某些房间的Toblerones没了 |
[06:54] | I think we have thieves. | 我觉得咱们有内贼 |
[06:56] | – Or guests. – No, these are not the guests. | – 或者是顾客 – 不 可不是什么顾客 |
[06:58] | The disappearances are happening in rooms no one is staying in. | 丢失物品所在的房间没住过人 |
[07:01] | I think we have thieves and it’s obviously an inside job. | 我觉得有小偷 而且很明显是内贼干的 |
[07:05] | These people are waiting until I’ve made my rounds. | 这些人故意等我查房后才去的 |
[07:07] | They’re waiting until I’ve checked my list, ‘till I initial my list, | 他们等我查完了物品列表 直到我签好了大名 |
[07:10] | and only then do they steal the Toblerones. | 他们才下手偷Toblerones巧克力 |
[07:13] | Maybe you counted wrong. | 可能是你数错了吧 |
[07:14] | I say we install surveillance cameras, fingerprint the staff, | 我建议咱们装监视设备 对员工指纹进行采样 |
[07:17] | run the prints through the FBI and have mandatory searches | 把采样交给FBI |
[07:20] | before they leave at the end of their shift. | 在每人离开自己岗位之前 进行搜身检查 |
[07:22] | Oh, well, that sounds great. Everybody drop your pants for Michel before you leave. | 好 听起来不错 每人走之前 都要脱裤子给Michel检查下哦 |
[07:26] | Meeting adjourned. | 会议到此结束 |
[07:32] | No food spread? | 怎么没吃的? |
[07:33] | The staff meetings at Connecticut Light and Power always have a lovely food spread. | 康州电力的员工大会 每次都会有吃的东西的 |
[07:38] | Nice bagels, an assortment of schmear. | 上等百吉饼 还有其他相配的奶酪 |
[07:45] | Hey, Kyon. I’m busy, so quick, what do you got? | 嗨 Kyon 我现在很忙 速战速决 你拿什么来了? |
[07:47] | Many things. | 好多东西呢 |
[07:48] | These come house, Mrs. Kim throw directly in trash. | 这些送到家门口的东西 让Kim夫人直接扔进垃圾桶了 |
[07:51] | My Sam Ash catalogues! What’s that smell? | 我的Sam Ash目录! 这是什么味啊? |
[07:53] | They landed in old fish and bok choy. | 跟叟了的鱼和蛆混一起了 |
[07:55] | Figures, what else you got? | 还有什么东西? |
[07:58] | My old Madonna t-shirt! | 我的旧麦当娜T恤! |
[07:59] | Mrs. Kim use as rag. Says little horse-face good to scrub scum. | Kim夫人把它当抹布用了 说这马脸清理污迹很好使 |
[08:02] | I wore this, ironically, by the way. I was never into her. Not my thing. | 顺便提一下 讽刺的是 我穿过这件的 不过我不粉她 她不是我喜欢的风格 |
[08:06] | Right. | 对啊 |
[08:07] | Anything else, Kyon? | 还有什么其他的么 Kyon? |
[08:08] | Overheard conversation. Mrs. Kim having Lunar New Year at her house this year. | 无意中偷听到了段谈话 Kim夫人今年在自己房子里办阴历新年 |
[08:11] | – She expect you to come. – Oh, she does? | – 她想让你去 – 哦 真的? |
[08:12] | She says not coming is same as spitting on ancestors and ancestors no like spit. | 她说不来的话就是亵渎祖宗 祖宗可不是好亵渎的 |
[08:16] | Expects me to come. Unbelievable. | 想让我去 简直不敢相信 |
[08:18] | After she attacks my boyfriend on the street, | 上次她还在大街上攻击我男友 |
[08:20] | damning him to the fires of hell and swimming with carnivorous dogs. | 又诅咒他下地狱 又咒他不得好死 |
[08:23] | And now she expects me to smile and curtsey and just go | 这次她想让我彬彬有礼的去 |
[08:27] | to Lunar New Year dinner like nothing happened. Nice, huh? | 春节晚宴 就像是 什么也没发生过一样 真不错啊? |
[08:29] | Whoa, I’m not your sounding board. I deliver scoop, you give me Monte Cristo sandwich. | 喔 我可不是你的发泄桶 我给你八卦 你就得送我法式火腿火鸡三明治 |
[08:33] | Fine. Sit over there. | 好 坐那边去 |
[08:37] | There are some good ones here. | 这有些真的很不错的 |
[08:39] | Definitely. | 那是当然 |
[08:40] | Oh, our band pictures! How are they? | 哦 咱们乐队的照片! 拍的怎么样? |
[08:41] | They’re all good. | 都挺好的 |
[08:42] | Except the one of you bending over and looking through your legs. | 除了那张你弯下腰 穿过裤裆里往外看的那张 |
[08:45] | I was just seeing what works. | 我当时只是在做实验嘛 |
[08:47] | I like this one. | 我喜欢这张 |
[08:49] | A tree’s covering my face. | 树把我脸给挡了 |
[08:50] | Come on, dude, the good of the many. | 别这么小气 哥们儿 我是说总体看起来很好 |
[08:52] | What do you like, Lane? | 你喜欢哪张 Lane? |
[08:53] | – I don’t like any of them. – What? | – 我一张也不喜欢 – 啥? |
[08:54] | You guys look good, I mean, not the Brian with his face between his legs one, | 你们看起来都不错 我是说 除了 那张Brian穿过裤裆往外看的那张 |
[08:58] | or the profile one where you’ve got your finger in your mouth and the peek-a-boo look… | 还有那张侧脸的 你把手指 伸进嘴里作躲猫猫表情的那张… |
[09:01] | Right, peek-a-boo! That’s what it is. | 对啊 躲猫猫表情 就是那个 |
[09:02] | I was experimenting. | 我当时在做实验嘛 |
[09:04] | – But I don’t look good. – What are you talking about? | – 我的照的不太好 – 瞎说什么呢? |
[09:07] | You look totally cool, like a real chick. | 你看起来酷毙了 真跟个妞似的 |
[09:09] | – I look like the Korean Buddy Holly. – Buddy Holly was cool. | – 拍的我跟韩国的Buddy Holly似的 – Buddy Holly挺酷的啊 |
[09:11] | May he rest in peace, but Buddy Holly was not an attractive man. | 祝他安息 但Buddy Holly可不怎么有吸引力 |
[09:14] | I find him attractive. | 我觉得他挺吸引人的 |
[09:15] | Dude, don’t say every thought out loud. | 哥们儿 有些话憋肚子里就行 |
[09:16] | Can we re-take them? | 能重照一次么? |
[09:17] | Like thirty-seven dollars just grows on trees? | 37美元可是天上掉下的馅饼么? |
[09:19] | You’re being too hard on yourself. | 你对自己要求太严格了 |
[09:21] | Totally. Lame. We’re not Maroon 5 or the Gee Whiz Slicky Boys. | 就是嘛 我们可不是什么 Maroon 5或者Gee Whiz Slicky Boys |
[09:24] | We don’t want to look all fake. | 我们不用搞得那么假 |
[09:25] | No, but halfway decent would be nice. | 确实 但好看点没坏处啊 |
[09:27] | Lighten up. They work. | 想开点 这样就行了 |
[09:28] | Miss, some more coffee, please? | 小姐 能再给来点咖啡么? |
[09:29] | At least she didn’t say mister. | 至少她没叫我先生 |
[09:31] | The lease on my Mercedes is up next month. | 我奔驰车下个月租期到了 |
[09:34] | Do you want to buy it? | 你想买下来么? |
[09:35] | I finally have the seat setting where I like it. | 那个座椅设置挺让我喜欢的 |
[09:38] | I’ll make the arrangements tomorrow. | 明天我去办 |
[09:39] | Thank you, Richard. | 谢谢你 Richard |
[09:41] | Now, uh, we need to schedule work on the water heater. | 现在 我们得安排热水器的活了 |
[09:44] | Um, I was wondering if Friday morning would work for you? | 你星期五早上有空么? |
[09:47] | Let me look. | 我看看 |
[09:48] | They estimate the work to be about an hour, which means they’ll be done in June. | 他们估计要一小时能完工 也就是说六月份就能完工了 |
[09:51] | Oh, no, I have a hair appointment Friday morning. | 唉 周五早上我有个做头发的预约 |
[09:53] | For what? | 那是为什么? |
[09:55] | What do you mean for what? | 什么为什么? |
[09:56] | – Your hair looks perfect to me. – Oh, now. | – 我觉得你头发够完美了 – 嘴真甜啊你 |
[09:58] | Well, I can arrange for Robert to let the workman in and supervise it if that works for you. | 如果你觉得可行 我可以安排 Robert让工人进来 由他监督 |
[10:02] | Well, that would be fine. Thank you, Richard. | 不错 谢谢你 Richard |
[10:04] | You’re welcome, Emily. | 不用客气 Emily |
[10:06] | What’s next on the agenda? | 下一个议题是什么来着? |
[10:07] | The Modern Museum gala is coming up. | 快到现代博物馆节了 |
[10:09] | Oh, yes. Martin Forman is being honored this year. | 确实是啊 今年是纪念Martin Forman的 |
[10:12] | And Sugar Farthington is organizing it. | 由Sugar Farthington来组织 |
[10:13] | Well, if Sugar’s organizing it, then of course you should go. | 那如果是由Sugar组织的话 那你当让要去了 |
[10:16] | Well, if Martin’s being honored, then you should go. | 如果是纪念Martin的活动 就该你去啊 |
[10:18] | Sugar is one of your closest friends. | Sugar算是你最好的朋友之一了 |
[10:20] | Martin is one of your most trusted colleagues. | Martin还是你最信任的同僚之一呢 |
[10:21] | Well, then, perhaps we should both attend. | 那要不咱们一同出席吧 |
[10:25] | That does seem to be the sensible thing to do. | 这样做才明智嘛 |
[10:27] | All right. Then we’ll both attend. | 好 那咱们都出席吧 |
[10:29] | Fine. | 好 |
[10:31] | Uh, so, have we discussed the water heater? | 咱们已经讨论完热水器的问题了吧? |
[10:35] | Yes, we have. | 对 已经讨论完了 |
[10:36] | Ah. More water? | 想再喝点水么? |
[10:48] | Hey, Ace. | 嗨 Ace |
[10:50] | Hi, Logan. I didn’t see you there. | 嘿 Logan 刚才没看到你 |
[10:53] | – Hey. Um, how are you? – I’m good. | – 嗨 最近怎么样? – 挺好的 |
[10:55] | Oh, good. Good. | 哦 好 好 |
[10:58] | Okay, so good. Um, here they are. | 好吧 都在这里了 |
[11:01] | These are the notes for one story? | 这些都是一个故事的笔记? |
[11:02] | Yeah, I’m kind of a note freak. | 我貌似是个笔记狂 |
[11:04] | Man, Ace, I’m impressed and partially terrified. | 好家伙 Ace 让人眼前一亮嘛 稍微带点恐惧 |
[11:07] | Okay. Well, I’ve divided them up into sections, so | 好吧 我都分完类了 所以 |
[11:11] | interviews, research, statistics. I wasn’t sure what you already had, | 这是访谈 这是研究记录 统计记录 我不知道你已经有什么了 |
[11:14] | but I figured there’s something here that can help you with your story. | 但我想这里面肯定有 能帮的上忙的 |
[11:17] | I hope you’re getting extra credit for this. | 希望你能从这里修到学分 |
[11:19] | Oh, it’s nothing. | 这没什么啦 |
[11:20] | Seems like a lot of work on your part, going through this stuff, organizing it for me. | 看来你下了不少功夫啊 找了不少东西 而且给我组织好了都 |
[11:24] | Well, I’m kind of an organization freak, too. | 我同时也有点组织癖嘛 |
[11:27] | Plus, I’m sure it wasn’t your idea to give up your evening like this, | 还有 我敢保证把这么好一晚上 浪费在这里 不是你自己的主意 |
[11:29] | to come here and meet me. Was it? | 我是说过来约见我 对不? |
[11:32] | Um, I’m just doing a little public service. That’s all. | 嗯 我只是在做些公益服务嘛 仅此而已 |
[11:35] | – Public service? – Yes. | – 公益服务? – 对啊 |
[11:36] | Doyle looked like he was about to liquefy after your dad talked to him, | Doyle在你爸跟他聊了以后 都快不行了 |
[11:40] | so I chose to stop that from happening, for the sake of the janitorial staff. | 所以我选择制止此类恶性事件发生 为看门人省些麻烦嘛 |
[11:44] | Yeah. He has a thing for by-lines, my father. | 是啊 我父亲很希望看到我的文章 |
[11:47] | Apparently he has plans for you. | 很明显 他对你该干什么心里很有数 |
[11:49] | Yes. Isn’t that thrilling. | 对啊 简直让我激动得不行 |
[11:51] | Sorry Doyle took the hit. My dad can be a real bully when he wants to be. | 真抱歉让Doyle成了撒气筒 老爸生气的时候可够呛的 |
[11:54] | He’s a very interesting man. | 他这人很有意思 |
[11:56] | You met him? | 你见过他? |
[11:57] | No, I’ve just… read about him. | 没见过 只是读过关于他的文章 |
[12:00] | I mean, he’s a big guy. | 我意思是 他可是个大人物 |
[12:01] | Maybe you’ll get to meet him someday. | 也许那天有空你可以见见他的 |
[12:03] | Oh, did I show you how I divided these up? | 哦 我告诉你我是怎么 把这些分开的了么? |
[12:06] | Interviews, research, um… | 访谈 研究 嗯… |
[12:09] | – So how come I never see you around? – I’m around. | – 我怎么不经常见你? – 我经常出来啊 |
[12:11] | Yeah? Where? | 真的? 你经常去哪里? |
[12:12] | Class, coffee cart, the student’s store when I run out of thumbtacks… | 课堂 咖啡车 图钉用完的时候我还去学生商店 |
[12:16] | – Wow, thrilling life. – I’m really not that boring. | – 喔 生活很刺激嘛 – 我没那么无聊的 |
[12:18] | Oh, I know you’re not boring. | 哦 我知道你这人不无聊 |
[12:19] | Oh, Doyle told me that your dad is throwing a party for Seymour Hersh? | 对了 Doyle跟我提过说 你爸要给Seymour Hersh办个派对? |
[12:23] | Ah, you want to talk about boring? | 现在你想聊聊无聊的事情了? |
[12:24] | How can meeting Seymour Hersh be boring? I love him. | 跟Seymour Hersh见面怎会无聊? 我爱死那家伙了 |
[12:27] | I read My Lai Four when I was twelve and I’ve been obsessed with him ever since. | 我12岁的时候就读过My Lai Four 从那以后我就迷上他了 |
[12:31] | You read a book about the My Lai massacre when you were twelve? | 你12岁就读了 关于My Lai大屠杀的书? |
[12:33] | Well, I polished off Nancy Drew that year too. | 那年我还读了Nancy Drew的书 |
[12:35] | Well, I guarantee, these parties always turn into a bunch of drunks discussing | 我跟你说 这种派对 到最后都成了一帮酒鬼瞎侃 |
[12:38] | stocks, cars and the latest friends to be indicted. It’s boring. | 股票啦 车啦 最近那个朋友 又被告了之类的 很无聊的 |
[12:40] | I just go, take a date so I have somebody to talk to, | 所以每次去我都带个伴 好有人陪我说话 |
[12:43] | and bail as soon as my dad’s back is turned. | 然后趁老爸不注意就开溜 |
[12:45] | Oh, so you’re going? | 那这么说你会去了? |
[12:46] | Daddy says. | 老爸下指令了嘛 |
[12:47] | – Wow, lucky. – No. | – 喔 真幸运你 – 才不是 |
[12:49] | To spend the evening with a great writer, | 跟一个伟大的作家共度晚间时光 |
[12:51] | and to get to meet him, hear him talk? Very, very lucky. | 能与其见面 听他谈话? 不是一般的幸运 |
[12:55] | – You think so? – Definitely. | – 你这么觉得? – 那是当然 |
[12:57] | Well, maybe this time it won’t be so bad after all. | 好吧 可能这次不会那么无聊吧 |
[13:02] | So, do you want to get something to drink or do you have to go? | 那 你想喝点什么么 还是要撤退了? |
[13:04] | No, I don’t have to go. I don’t have anywhere to go. | 不走 我不用走的 我也没地方可去 |
[13:06] | Okay. Be right back. | 那好 我这就回来 |
[13:16] | Hey, Lane. | 嗨 Lane |
[13:17] | Hi, Lorelai. | 嗨 Lorelai |
[13:19] | – Hmm. You look different. – I do? | – 嗯 你看起来不一样了 – 真的? |
[13:21] | Yeah, you look cute. I mean, you always look cute, but this is just a new facet of your cuteness. | 你可爱多了 我是说 你一直都 很可爱 刚才说的是另一方面的可爱 |
[13:24] | Thanks. You look cute too. | 谢谢 你也很可爱 |
[13:26] | I have a boyfriend, so maybe this flirting thing we’ve got going on should just end here. | 我有男朋友了 所以咱们就别打情骂俏的了 |
[13:30] | I think so too. Coffee to go? | 我也这么觉得 一杯咖啡带走? |
[13:31] | It’s that special time of day. | 那是一天中的特殊时间 |
[13:34] | What was that? | 怎么回事? |
[13:35] | It’s been like that for an hour. It’s the damn oven. | 都有一个小时了吧 因为那破烤箱 |
[13:37] | – The damn oven? – Damn oven! | – 破烤箱? – 破烤箱! |
[13:39] | What’s up with the damn oven? | 那破烤箱怎么了? |
[13:40] | I bought this damn oven and the thermostat doesn’t work! | 我买的这破烤箱 但温度调节装置不好用! |
[13:43] | The damn thermostat or just the thermostat? | 破温度调节装置 还是温度调节装置? |
[13:45] | – Are you being cute? – Sorry, go on! | – 跟我玩可爱么? – 抱歉 继续! |
[13:46] | So I went and I got a new thermostat, and now I can’t figure out how to replace the damn thing. | 所以我买了个新温度调节装置 现在的问题是我不知道该怎么换上去 |
[13:50] | – So it is a damn thermostat. – I don’t have time for this. | – 看来是那破温度调节装置 – 我可没时间陪你瞎侃 |
[13:52] | Come on! You can do this. | 得了吧! 你一定能搞定的 |
[13:55] | Step at a time here. | 一步一步的来 |
[13:56] | You pulled the knob off each gas tap on the range, right? | 你顺着把管用丝锥上的 旋钮都拉出来了吧? |
[13:58] | Uh, yeah. So? | 嗯 然后呢? |
[14:00] | Then you remove the four screws securing the face panel, then you remove the panel. | 然后把面板上的四个螺丝卸下来 然后拿掉面板 |
[14:03] | Yeah, I did that. | 我刚才已经卸下来了 |
[14:04] | Hmm. Then you disconnect the oven and gas supply pipe from the outlet of the thermostat? | 然后把烤箱和燃气管 跟温度调节装置的出气口断开? |
[14:08] | This is where I got stuck. | 我就卡在这一步上了 |
[14:09] | Did you release the oven sensor retaining clips from the oven lining? | 你把夹住夹子的烤箱传感器 从烤箱内层撒开了? |
[14:13] | No. No, I didn’t. Okay! Got it! | 没有 没撒开 好了 搞定! |
[14:16] | Now just pull the sensor out, you should be rolling now. | 现在把传感器拔出来就行了 现在好多了吧 |
[14:19] | – So how, how? – How what? | – 到底怎么 怎么? – 什么怎么? |
[14:20] | How do you know this? | 你怎么知道这些的? |
[14:22] | Well, I couldn’t get to sleep the other night, | 是这样 那晚我睡不着了 |
[14:23] | you know, when we went to bed, and so I read your oven manual. | 你知道 就是那天我们上床以后 所以我看了看烤箱手册 |
[14:25] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[14:26] | Well, it was either that or the broiler manual, and the oven won, ‘cause it’s shiny and pretty. | 反正当时不是烤炉手册就是烤箱手册 烤箱手册更亮更好看些 |
[14:30] | You never cease to amaze me. | 你总是让我惊喜不断 |
[14:31] | And I never will. Bye, Doll. | 以后也会一如既往 再见 可人儿 |
[14:33] | And hey, leave the broiler manual out for me. | 还有 把烤箱手册给我留着 |
[14:35] | I’m kind of into this whole kitchen appliance genre now, you know? Kitch lit”.. | 我现在比较痴迷”厨房设备” 你知道的? 再聊啦! |
[14:39] | All right. | 没问题 |
[14:39] | Hey there, Zach. | 你好啊 Zach |
[14:40] | Howdy. | 你也好 |
[14:42] | Hi there. | 嘿 可人儿 |
[14:43] | Well, aren’t we bouncy? | 好嘛 真精神 |
[14:45] | – I’m in a pretty good mood. – Why’s that? | – 我今天心情不错 – 怎么了? |
[14:46] | I’m just feeling nice and light. | 我就是感觉很不错和轻便 |
[14:49] | What’s up with your face? | 你脸怎么了? |
[14:50] | Oh, what do you think is up with my face? | 你觉得我的脸怎么了? |
[14:52] | – It looks all nude. – For a good reason. | – 怎么缺了点装饰 – 当然有原因了 |
[14:54] | – You’re not wearing your glasses. – That’s right. | – 你没带眼镜 – 说对了 |
[14:56] | But you’re blind without your glasses. | 但没有眼镜你基本就是个瞎子啊 |
[14:57] | The wonder of contacts. | 这就是隐形眼镜的神奇之处嘛 |
[14:59] | – Contacts? – Contacts. | – 隐形眼镜? – 隐形眼镜 |
[15:00] | Why? | 为什么戴隐形眼镜? |
[15:01] | Why? So I don’t have to wear glasses. | 为什么? 为了不用戴眼镜啊 |
[15:03] | So, like, for all the time? | 那 你一直都不再戴眼镜了? |
[15:05] | Yeah – you okay? | 对啊? 你没事儿吧? |
[15:08] | I guess. I mean, that’s a pretty big thing to just spring on a guy. | 还行吧 我意思是 这种事对与男人来说 算件大事 |
[15:10] | Why? | 为什么? |
[15:11] | You don’t look like you. | 你变得不像自己了 |
[15:12] | Yes, I do. It’s just me, my face, | 我当然是我了 这就是我 我的脸 |
[15:14] | without being impeded by a foreign plastic object. | 不会再被什么塑料物挡住了 |
[15:17] | But you’re the first smart girl I’ve ever gone out with, and the glasses are a big part of that. | 但你是我的第一个聪明女朋友啊 并且眼镜很说明问题的 |
[15:20] | Well, my I.Q. is still the same. Contacts don’t change that. | 但我的智商还是那么多 这可是隐形眼镜变不了的 |
[15:23] | But you lose that initial impact. | 但是第一印象不聪明了 |
[15:24] | Now people will have to talk to you for a few minutes to figure out that you’re smart. | 现在人们需要跟你聊上一会儿 才能发现你是个聪明人 |
[15:27] | Well, then, that’s what they’ll have to do. | 那他们就得受着了 |
[15:29] | Okay. I’ll try to get used to it. | 好吧 我会让自己习惯的 |
[15:31] | Yeah. And you will. | 对 而且你会习惯的 |
[15:33] | I’m sorry, am I supposed to eat my soup without a spoon? | 抱歉 你觉得喝粥都不用勺子的么? |
[15:36] | Of course she doesn’t think that, okay? | 她当然不那样想了 好么? |
[15:37] | She’s really smart, she’s just not wearing her glasses! | 她是很聪明的 她只是现在没带眼镜而已! |
[15:44] | You should have heard him, Richard. | 你应该听听他当时说什么了 Richard |
[15:45] | Oh, I can imagine. | 哦 可以想象 |
[15:46] | They had him on speakerphone, and when Lori heard him screaming | 我把放在免提上聊 当Lori听到他尖叫时 |
[15:48] | she ran in holding her shoe. She thought I was being attacked. | 她手里拿着鞋跑了进来 她还以为我被攻击了呢 |
[15:51] | Well, you’re in good hands with that Lori. | Lori照顾你很悉心嘛 |
[15:52] | I wish I had a secretary who’d defend me with her shoe. | 我也想要个会用鞋保护我的秘书 |
[15:54] | Well, he may be mad now, but wait until we go to court. | 他现在可能挺生气 但等上了法庭你就等着瞧吧 |
[15:57] | Well, maybe he’ll settle. | 嗯 他有可能会和解 |
[15:58] | Oh, he’ll never settle. | 哦 他才不会和解呢 |
[15:59] | Ah, he will, if we send Lori in with her shoe. | 他肯定会的 前提是让Lori拿着鞋冲进去 |
[16:01] | He’s certainly got his lawyers working on this. | 他很明显已经请了律师来处理了 |
[16:03] | Well, we’re going to have to bring in outside counsel. | 我们到时候也要带外聘律师的 |
[16:06] | It’s going to get a little messy. Who’s available? | 到时候肯定会唇枪舌剑的 谁有空? |
[16:08] | How about Maurice Newson? | Maurice Newson怎么样? |
[16:09] | No. He over-colognes. | 不行 他古龙水喷太多了 |
[16:11] | Briar? | Briar呢? |
[16:12] | – No. Briar’s on the Delfini case. – Oh, yeah. | – 不行 Briar还在忙活Delfini的案子 – 哦 对 |
[16:14] | What about Simon McLane? | Simon McLane怎么样? |
[16:16] | I don’t think you really want Simon on this one, Richard. | 我不建议你这次用Simon Richard |
[16:19] | Why not? He’s always done a top-notch job for us before. | 为什么不? 他以前的活都干得很棒的 |
[16:21] | He’s aggressive, he’s not sloppy. He’s very creative. | 他敢作敢为 他也不邋遢 思维也很创新 |
[16:24] | – Yes, but Richard… – What? | – 对是对 但Richard… – 怎么了? |
[16:26] | Well, we just assumed you wouldn’t want to work that closely with Simon anymore, | 我们只是觉得 你可能不会想Simon亲密合作了 |
[16:28] | you know, since the whole thing with him and Emily? | 你也知道 因为他和Emily那一摊子事? |
[16:32] | Ah. Yes. | 哦 也对 |
[16:35] | Well, what about Brandt? | 那Brandt怎么样? |
[16:39] | – Brandt! – Brandt. Very good. | – 是Brandt! – 是Brandt 不错 |
[16:41] | – Terrific. – Brandt it is. | – 挺不错 – 那就用Brandt吧 |
[16:43] | Well, apparently the whole padlock discussion was a big dud. | 那个 很明显那次 关于挂锁的讨论报废了 |
[16:46] | I just got a call from Mrs. Berg. Cletus is standing in her wading pool. I need carrots. | 我刚刚接到Berg夫人的电话 Cletus 在她的浅水池里站着呢 给我点胡萝卜 |
[16:50] | Bottom shelf. | 在最底层隔板上 |
[16:51] | Oh, I love it when I talk and no one listens. Makes me think of home. | 爱死这样我说话没一个人听的情形了 让我有种家的感觉 |
[16:54] | Okay. I just took the Andersons to room three, I opened the door | 嗯 我刚把Anderson夫妇带到3号房 我打开门 |
[16:58] | and when I went inside I found that the bedspread was mussed! | 当我进去一看 发现床罩乱糟糟的! |
[17:01] | – The bedspread was mussed! – Call a cop! | – 床罩乱糟糟的! – 快叫警察来! |
[17:03] | I checked that room personally last night after it had been cleaned. It was perfect! | 昨晚上打扫完以后我还亲自检查了呢 当时一点问题都没有! |
[17:07] | – No muss! – No fuss! | – 一点也不乱! – 没人大惊小怪! |
[17:08] | Why are you joking? Why? | 为什么开玩笑? 为什么? |
[17:11] | Do you not care that people are sneaking into our rooms, | 难道你不介意 有人偷偷溜进客房么 |
[17:14] | mussing the beds, eating the food? | 搞乱床罩 吃掉里面的食物? |
[17:16] | Okay. I’m sorry. You’re right. | 好吧 我道歉 你是对的 |
[17:17] | I know I’m right. I do not need you to tell me I’m right. | 我知道我是对的 不需要你来告诉我我是对的 |
[17:19] | Okay. So, what do we think is going on here? | 好吧 那 你觉得到底是怎么回事? |
[17:21] | I believe that our employees are clandestinely using our rooms | 我觉得是雇员 在秘密的使用咱们的客房 |
[17:24] | for sexual encounters on their coffee breaks. | 在咖啡休息时间用来嘿咻 |
[17:26] | Come on. | 得了吧你 |
[17:26] | Lars and Celia seem awfully friendly lately. | Lars和Celia俩人 最近好的简直不能再好了 |
[17:28] | You don’t notice them making goo-goo eyes? | 你没注意他们经常暗送秋波么? |
[17:31] | And Celia has put on weight. Perhaps one too many Toblerones. | Celia长了些肉 可能是吃太多Toblerones了吧 |
[17:34] | I don’t think Lars and Celia are having an affair. | 我不认为Lars和Celia俩人有一腿 |
[17:36] | Hey, maybe we got a ghost. | 嗨 可能是个鬼魂呢 |
[17:37] | A ghost. That would be cool. People love haunted inns. | 鬼魂 那样就酷毙了 人们爱死闹鬼的旅馆了 |
[17:40] | I wonder what kind of ghost we have. | 就是不知道到底是什么类型的鬼 |
[17:41] | Maybe a Confederate Soldier. | 可能是个同盟军战士 |
[17:42] | Or a lonely spinster that never married. | 或者是个从未结过婚的老处女 |
[17:44] | Or Patrick Swayze. | 或者是Patrick Swayze |
[17:45] | In search of his lost career. | 继续自己未完成的事业 |
[17:47] | Maybe we have ghosts having sex and then eating Toblerones. | 也有可能是两个鬼魂在嘿咻 然后吃掉了Toblerones |
[17:49] | Ooh, hungry, horny ghosts. | 又饿又骚的鬼啊 |
[17:51] | I am done with both of you. | 我彻底对你俩失去希望了 |
[17:55] | I guess I should go up to room three, and see what’s… | 我猜我得去3号房看看 到底是怎么… |
[17:57] | Kirk! What are you doing here? | Kirk! 你在这干嘛呢? |
[17:59] | I’m assembling the bouquet garni. | 我在装饰配有适菜的菜啊 |
[18:01] | – I thought you hired him. – I did not hire him. | – 我以为你雇了他呢 – 我没雇他 |
[18:03] | I thought I might want to work on a kitchen staff someday, | 我觉的将来有一天 我有可能成为一名厨房工作者 |
[18:05] | and I figured this was a good place to learn. | 而且这是个学习的好地方 |
[18:07] | Kirk, get out! | Kirk 出去! |
[18:09] | – Can I at least finish my shift? – No! | – 能让我做完这一班么? – 不行! |
[18:16] | – Hello. – Hey. What’s up? | – 你好 – 嗨 怎么了? |
[18:17] | We have ghosts. | 我们闹鬼了 |
[18:18] | Well, it’s better than rats. Listen, I need a favor. | 嗯 总比有老鼠好 听着 我需要你帮个忙 |
[18:21] | – From me? – Yes, from you. | – 让我帮忙? – 是 让你帮忙 |
[18:22] | Oh, well, let me get out my list. | 哦 好嘛 让我查查我的档期 |
[18:24] | Okay, I’ll write this favor down right under the one that says Gave me life”.. | 好哦 请用生命作为交换 |
[18:27] | Look. I may have a thing Friday | 是这样 我可能星期五会有事 |
[18:29] | which would mean that I have to get out of Friday night dinner. | 也就是说星期五晚餐我不能去了 |
[18:31] | A thing? | 有事? |
[18:32] | I was wondering if you could cover for me? | 能不能掩护我一下啊? |
[18:33] | What kind of a thing? A man thing? | 什么种类的事情? 与男人有关? |
[18:35] | Possibly a man thing. | 有可能与男人有关 |
[18:36] | Okay, spill. Who is he? | 这样 泄点秘吧 谁啊? |
[18:37] | I don’t want to jinx it, okay? It’s not a definite. | 我不想先吹出去 行么? 还不确定呢 |
[18:40] | When I know it’s a go I promise I’ll fill you in. Completely. | 当我确信以后 肯定会告诉你的 一丝一毫都不拉 |
[18:42] | I can’t believe you’re going to leave me alone with my parents | 真不敢相信 你要让我独自面对我父母 |
[18:45] | just so you can have a social life. | 仅仅是为了自己的社交 |
[18:46] | What happened to the good old days, with the spinster daughter | 过去的好日子都跑哪里去了? 以前未婚女子 |
[18:49] | taking care of the parents and living a lonely, sexless existence? | 都是在家照顾老人 独居 而且无性生活 |
[18:52] | – So you’ll cover for me? – Yeah. | – 那你会掩护我么? – 好吧 |
[18:54] | – Thank you. I’ll call you later. – Bye honey. | – 谢了 下次再聊 – 再见 宝贝儿 |
[18:56] | Hey. I just asked Lars if he was seeing anyone special. | 嗨 我刚刚问Lars 最近是不是有对象了 |
[18:58] | He misunderstood and he might be filing one of those sexual harassment charges against me. | 他可能误解了 而且 他有可能会对我提起性骚扰指控 |
[19:03] | And you, ‘cause I said you made me. | 也包括你 因为我当时说是你逼我问的 |
[19:05] | Hey, hey. Michel! Come back here! | 嗨 嗨 Michel! 给我回来! |
[19:08] | I’ll get him. | 我去追他 |
[19:09] | Okay, guys, let’s try it again and let’s try not to suck. | 伙计们 咱们再试一次 还有 尽量别再搞得那么矬 |
[19:13] | We’ll get it. We just have to focus. | 我们肯定没问题的 我们只需要集中注意力就好 |
[19:15] | By the way, your ‘E’ string is a little flat. | 还有 你弹的有点沉闷 |
[19:17] | Which, by the way, makes it a little bit more rock and roll. Okay, are we ready? | 让它更摇滚一点 准备好了吗 |
[19:20] | I’m down. | 好了 |
[19:21] | Eins, zwei, drei, vier… | 一 二 三 四 |
[19:23] | Hey, could you not do the countdown in German? It’s depressing. | 嘿 你别用德语倒数行吗 真让人难受 |
[19:26] | Fine. One, two, three, four. | 好 一 二 三 四 五 |
[19:40] | Who the hell is that? | 谁那么该死 |
[19:41] | I hope it’s not my girlfriend’s husband. | 我可不希望是我女朋友的丈夫 |
[19:43] | Oh, that’s fresh! | 哦 真新鲜 |
[19:52] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[19:52] | You couldn’t even hear me over that noise. | 那噪音响着你甚至听不见我敲门 |
[19:54] | That noise is my passion, Mama, and you’re keeping me from it. | 那个 “噪音” 是我的爱好 你别想阻止我 |
[19:57] | ‘E’ string was flat, too. | 你们弹的很烂 |
[19:58] | What can we do for you? | 我们有什么能帮你的 |
[19:59] | This year I am hosting Lunar New Year dinner. You are to come. | 今年我负责阴历新年晚餐聚会 你必须参加 |
[20:02] | – Why? – You are my daughter. Not coming is humiliation. | – 为什么 – 你是我女儿 你不来会让我没面子 |
[20:05] | Have we forgotten the incident at the newsstand? | 难道我们忘记了在报摊发生的冲突 |
[20:07] | The what? | 什么 |
[20:07] | You yelled at my boyfriend, in public, Mama! What’s that, if it’s not humiliation? | 你公然冲我男朋友大叫 妈妈 那不也让我很没面子吗 |
[20:11] | – That is in the past. – Not for me. | – 那已经过去了 – 我不这么想 |
[20:12] | You must come to this. | 你一定要来 |
[20:13] | Oh, yeah? Well, only if I can bring my boyfriend. | 哦 是吗 除非我能带上男朋友 |
[20:17] | – What? – It’s both of us or neither of us. | – 什么 – 要么一起 要么拉倒 |
[20:19] | – Take it or leave it. – I have only enough chairs for those invited. | – 要么接受要么放弃 – 我的椅子只够坐我邀请的人 |
[20:21] | You sell chairs, Mama, you have eight hundred chairs. | 你是卖椅子的 妈妈 你有八百张椅子 |
[20:24] | Fine. Bring boy. But if boy comes, I invite the Parks. They come. | 好 带上你男人 但是他来我就叫Park一家来 |
[20:27] | – I hate the Parks. – You shouldn’t hate the Parks. | – 我讨厌Park一家 – 你不应该讨厌他们 |
[20:29] | You hate the Parks. They’re mean. | 你讨厌Park一家 他们太卑鄙了 |
[20:31] | I get to hate the Parks. | 我才开始讨厌Park一家 |
[20:31] | Fine. If the Parks come, how about if I bring my whole band? | 好 假如Park一家来了 我就把我的乐队都带去怎样 |
[20:35] | The whole noisy lot of us. How about that? Will that work? | 整只“噪音乐队” 怎么样 |
[20:37] | – Yes. – What? | – 好 – 什么 |
[20:38] | – Bring them all! – The whole band? | – 把他们都带来 – 整支乐队 |
[20:41] | Yes. See you then. | 对 等会见 |
[20:43] | But… | 但是 |
[20:50] | We’re all invited to a party. | 我们全都要去参加个派对 |
[20:57] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[20:58] | Are we early? I don’t hear anything. | 我们是不是来早了 我什么都没听见 |
[20:59] | That’s the sound of a couple dozen Christian Koreans partying down. | 韩国基督教徒就这样过圣诞 |
[21:02] | Trippy. | 幻觉 |
[21:03] | Oh, cool. Bok jo ri. | 哦 酷 筛子 |
[21:05] | They’re used to separate grains of rice from small stones. | 他们把稻米里的谷粒和小石头清理开 |
[21:07] | They symbolically catch happiness for the New Year. | 象征为新的一年抓住了幸福 |
[21:09] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[21:10] | I’ve done a little internet research on Korean New Year. | 我在网上查询了韩国新年 |
[21:13] | Surf the ‘Net, there’s a lot of information there. | 网上冲浪 那有很多信息 |
[21:15] | There’s also a lot of pictures of girls with tattoos on motorcycles. | 也有很多骑摩托车的纹身少女照片 |
[21:19] | You would think it gets old, but it doesn’t. | 你会觉得过时 但其实没有 |
[21:22] | Sorry about this. | 对不起 |
[21:23] | I feel like I’m going to the dentist. | 我觉得像是去看牙医一样 |
[21:24] | That’s not an unusual thing to feel when approaching the Kim house. | 进了她的房子不用想太多 |
[21:27] | I just hope I don’t throw up in the bok jo ri. | 我只希望不被筛子抛来抛去 |
[21:29] | I’ve got your back, okay? You’re not alone. | 我在你后面 你不会孤独 |
[21:30] | Are you sure they’re home? There’s not a sound. | 你确定他们在家 一点声音也没有 |
[21:32] | I’m sure. Go ahead and knock. | 我确定 去敲门 |
[21:35] | Uh, Gil? The AC/DC ring. | Gil 有门铃 |
[21:36] | Right. Sorry. | 哦 抱歉 |
[21:39] | – Hello. – Hello, Mama. | – 你好 – 你好 妈妈 |
[21:41] | I said we’d come and we’ve come. | 我们说来就来了 |
[21:42] | I’m Gil. | 我是Gil |
[21:43] | Yes. | 好 |
[21:44] | And Mama, you know Brian. | 你认识Brian 妈妈 |
[21:46] | Say hay boke-mahn he pah du say oh. | 新年快乐 |
[21:48] | He likes the internet. | 他喜欢上网 |
[21:50] | And who’s this half-boy hiding behind you? | 藏在你后面那男孩是谁 |
[21:51] | That’s Zach, Mama. You’ve met him too. | 他是Zach 妈妈 你也见过他了 |
[21:54] | Happy New Year, I guess. | 新年快乐 |
[21:55] | Yes. Come in. | 进来 |
[22:06] | Well, lookie here, the fleet’s in town. | 哦 看看 镇上的小车队 |
[22:09] | Yep. We’re having a little Davey-Daddy night tonight. | 对 今晚又是我的”奶爸之夜” |
[22:12] | Just the men being manly. Want to punch me in the stomach? | 男人应该要有男子气概 想给我胃上来一下吗 |
[22:14] | I’ll pass on the punch. | 还是算了 |
[22:15] | Listen, I was wondering if you could do me a favor. | 听着 我想请你帮个忙 |
[22:17] | I don’t want to pull your finger either. | 我也不想浪费你的时间 |
[22:18] | I know now is an important time for you guys. | 我知道现在对你们来说很重要 |
[22:20] | The inn’s just getting off the ground. There’s a lot of extra work. | 旅馆刚开始营业 有很多额外的工作 |
[22:23] | But if you could just encourage Sookie to ease up a little – delegate. | 但是你能不能让Sookie 稍微轻松一点点呢 授权让别人做啊 |
[22:27] | Sookie, delegate? | Sookie 授权给别人做? Sookie |
[22:28] | I know. But with the pregnancy and all? | 我知道 但是怀着孕…… |
[22:30] | And I know her hours are generally pretty good. | 我知道她的上班时间通常很正常 |
[22:33] | Most nights she’s home by seven. | 她大部分晚上7点回家 |
[22:34] | It’s just these new late nights that worry me. | 只是有几天深夜回来让我很担心 |
[22:36] | Late nights? | 深夜 |
[22:37] | I mean not worry me, worry me. I just don’t want her to overdo it. | 我的意思不是说我很烦恼 我只是不想她太累 |
[22:40] | Oh, sure. Sure. But, Jackson, I think Sookie left before me tonight. | 哦 当然 但是 Jackson 我想今晚Sookie比我走的早 |
[22:43] | Oh, no. She called. She said the new kitchen help’s a little slow. | 不 她打了电话 她说厨房新手手脚有点慢 |
[22:46] | Whatever. I know she has to do it. | 随便吧 我知道她只能那么做 |
[22:48] | It’s just every week now. | 只是现在每周如此 |
[22:50] | It’s no big deal. Just see if you can say something. | 没什么大不了 我只想听听你的看法 |
[22:53] | Oh. Okay, I’ll see what I can do. | 哦 好吧 我想想我能做什么 |
[22:54] | Thank you. Okay, son. I think it’s time to get you laid. | 谢谢 哦 儿子 是时候让你睡觉了 |
[22:57] | Oh, that’s sweet. Bye, boys. | 哦 真可爱 再见 |
[23:06] | Gretchen, I can still smell the fish from here! | Gretchen 我还是能从这儿闻见鱼的味道 |
[23:13] | Well, funny running into you here. | 哦 在这碰见你真有意思 |
[23:16] | – You look very nice. – Thank you. | – 你看起来很棒 – 谢谢 |
[23:18] | Do you have the directions? I have an extra copy if you need it. | 你有地图吗 假如你需要我有副本 |
[23:20] | I’m fine. Thank you. | 我可以搞定 谢谢 |
[23:22] | All right. I guess I’ll see you there. | 好 那里见 |
[23:25] | Seems inevitable, doesn’t it? | 貌似是一定的 对吧 |
[23:44] | Good eats. Slimy. | 真好吃 滑滑的 |
[23:46] | I’m enjoying it. | 我喜欢 |
[23:48] | I like slimy food, ‘cause it slides down easy, and I get the sense it keeps sliding, right? | 我喜欢泡菜 因为它很容易消化 我能感觉到它在身体里滑动 |
[23:52] | Which helps your colon and stuff, ‘cause it scrapes as it slides, | 那对你的肠胃有帮助 因为它滑动的时候能把肠胃刮干净 |
[23:56] | and since it’s not in you long, you don’t get fat, you know? | 它不会在你身体里停留很长时间 你不会胖 知道吗 |
[23:58] | Just eat. | 快吃 |
[23:59] | You’re not hungry? | 你不饿吗 |
[24:00] | Slimy food doesn’t float my boat like it does others. | 泡菜很不合我胃口 |
[24:05] | I’ll be right back. I have to go to the bathroom. | 我一会回来 我去洗手间 |
[24:07] | You’re not allowed to leave the table. | 你没被准许离开桌子 |
[24:09] | Nature’s calling, kid. | 生理反应 孩子 |
[24:10] | Nature must wait! | 生理反应也不行 |
[24:14] | How’s about keeping it down, there, scooter? | 能不能小点声啊 小朋友 |
[24:16] | Sit ‘till we’re done! | 坐到我们吃完 |
[24:24] | If I beat the crap out of this little kid, will anyone care? | 假如我狠揍这孩子一顿 有人介意吗 |
[24:26] | Mama locks the bathroom door while we eat, anyway. | 吃饭的时候妈妈锁上了厕所门 |
[24:29] | Super. | 好极了 |
[24:30] | We are done eating. There will be a thirty minute break till dessert, | 我们吃完了 离饭后甜点还有三十分钟 |
[24:33] | while Mrs. Shin and her fellow musicians play for you in the other room. | Shin夫人和她的乐手们 将在另一间房子为大家演奏 |
[24:37] | Mrs. Shin, better start setting up. | Shin夫人 可以开始准备了 |
[24:39] | Look at the funky guitar! Awesome! | 看看那个有趣的吉他 棒极了 |
[24:42] | It’s a Gayaguem. | 那是Gayaguem |
[24:43] | And if I’m not mistaken, I believe I spotted a Dahnso and a Janggoo on the way in. | 假如没弄错 还有Dahnso和Janggoo |
[24:46] | Man, I gotta check this out. | 我要去看看 |
[24:50] | Can I get up? | 我能起来了吗 |
[24:51] | Yes. | 可以 |
[24:54] | Yeah, he can get up? | 对 他能起来了 |
[24:56] | You have much knowledge of Korean culture. | 你很了解韩国文化 |
[25:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[25:01] | That was forward of me. I should retire to my room and sleep. | 我说太多了 我应该回我房间睡觉了 |
[25:04] | No, don’t do that. | 不 别那样 |
[25:06] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[25:18] | I can’t believe you’ve never seen the Office! | 不敢相信你从来没有看过<办公室> |
[25:21] | I feel very stupid. | 我觉得自己很傻 |
[25:22] | Well, you should. It’s brilliant. Especially the fourth time you see it. | 对 也是 那片太好看了! 特别是看了四次之后 |
[25:24] | What happens the fourth time you see it? | 你看第四次了之后发生了什么 |
[25:26] | You can actually understand what they’re saying. | 你能确切地理解他们在说什么 |
[25:28] | I have them all on DVD. You can borrow them if you want, | 我有DVD的 假如你想要我可以借给你 |
[25:30] | but only if promise to abide by the fourth time rule. | 但是要遵守”看四遍”的约定 |
[25:33] | I’ll abide by your fourth time rule. If it’s as good as you say, I’ll raise you a fifth. | 我会遵守 如果真象你说那么好 我会看第五次的 |
[25:36] | Deal. | 成交 |
[25:37] | Oh, here, I almost forgot your notes. | 哦 这 我差点忘了你的笔记 |
[25:39] | Oh, I hope they helped. | 我希望能有帮助 |
[25:40] | They did. | 有 |
[25:41] | Some guy tried to mug me earlier and I beat him to death with them. | 早上有家伙想打劫我 我用这个差点把他们打死 |
[25:44] | Hey, I like my research. | 嘿 我爱我的研究 |
[25:45] | I like your research too, and thank you. | 我也喜欢你的研究 谢谢你 |
[25:47] | It helped? | 它帮上忙了吗 |
[25:48] | Story’s done, Doyle’s safe, all is right with the world. | Story搞定 Doyle安全 一切顺利 |
[25:51] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[25:53] | So. | 那么 |
[25:55] | So. | 那么 |
[25:57] | It’s been fun. | 很开心 |
[25:58] | Yeah. It has been. | 对 很有趣 |
[26:00] | Okay, so I should get going. I’m headed to New York. | 好吧 我得走了 我要去纽约 |
[26:02] | Right. For your dad’s party. | 哦 参加你爸爸的派对 |
[26:04] | Yep. | 是 |
[26:07] | So… | 那么 …… |
[26:10] | have a good weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[26:11] | Oh, yeah. You too. | 好的 你也是 |
[26:14] | Have a good weekend. | 周末愉快 |
[26:15] | And hey, don’t be a stranger. | 嘿 别那么见外 |
[26:26] | Hey, Kirk. | 嘿 Kirk |
[26:27] | – No messages. – Super. | – 没有留言 – 好的 |
[26:44] | Oh, behold our ghost. | 终于看到我们旅馆幽灵了 |
[26:45] | Okay, this isn’t what it looks like. | 事情不象你看到的这样 |
[26:47] | I don’t know what it looks like. | 我不知道是什么样子 |
[26:48] | I’m just watching T.V. | 我只是在看电视 |
[26:50] | Because we have the convenient channel list next to the bed? | 因为床边有方便的频道列表? |
[26:52] | No. Though it is convenient. | 不是的 但的确很方便 |
[26:54] | Sookie, you want to tell me what’s going on? | Sookie 你想告诉我怎么了吗 |
[26:57] | You know, before Kirk changes into his maid’s outfit and starts to clean the room? | 你知道 在Kirk换上女佣装 开始清理房间之前 |
[27:01] | A few weeks ago I read in the paper that there was going to be an episode | 几周前我在报上读到要放”黑暗之影” |
[27:04] | of Dark Shadows on, the one where Barnabas is released from his tomb, | 就是那个Barnaba从他的坟墓复活的故事 |
[27:07] | and I used to love Dark Shadows, and I just suddenly really wanted to see it. | 我过去很爱”黑暗之影” 我只是突然想看看 |
[27:11] | Sure. | 好吧 |
[27:11] | So, I didn’t get off work in time to get home and see it, | 我不能准时下班回家看 |
[27:14] | so I just came up here, and it was just supposed to be that one time, | 我只能来这 本来只想来一次 |
[27:17] | but the room was really nice, and I was really comfortable, | 但是这房间太好了 我真的很舒服 |
[27:20] | and there were Toblerones, and I just had the best time. | 还有Toblerones巧克力 我只是想享受这一刻 |
[27:24] | It was an hour all to myself, and the next week it was another good episode, | 属于我的一个小时 下星期又是精彩的一集 |
[27:27] | – and I just kinda… – Decided to haunt the place. | – 我只是有点…… – 决定占着地了 |
[27:29] | I tried to clean up afterwards, and the bed was not mussed. | 我看完会试着整理 让床不那么乱 |
[27:32] | Michel is too anal for his own good. | Michel想的都是自己 |
[27:34] | – I’m horrible. – You’re not horrible. | – 我很讨厌 – 你不讨厌 |
[27:37] | I am. I’m the most horrible person in the world. | 我很讨厌 我是这世界上最让人讨厌的人 |
[27:39] | Well, my mother will be sad to know she’s been dethroned. | 我妈要知道该王位有你坐肯定难过死 |
[27:42] | I’m lying to my husband. I’m eating the inn’s candy! | 我对我丈夫说了谎 我在吃店里的糖果 |
[27:45] | You can’t discuss this with Jackson? | 你不能和Jackson谈谈吗 |
[27:47] | Tell him you need one night a week to yourself to watch Dark Shadows? | 告诉他你每周需要一个 属于自己的夜晚看”黑暗之影” |
[27:50] | – He wouldn’t understand that? – Of course he would understand. | – 他能理解吗 – 他当然会理解 |
[27:52] | That’s the problem. Jackson would immediately tell me, | 问题是 Jackson会马上告诉我 |
[27:54] | Sit down, relax, watch T.V” and he’ll take care of Davey. | 冷静放松 去看电视 他来照顾Davey |
[27:58] | Huh. Men are pigs. | 男人都是猪 |
[27:59] | And then I would sit there racked with guilt because he works all day too, | 然后我会坐在那痛苦不堪 因为他也工作了一整天 |
[28:02] | and I would think about the fact that I’m shirking my motherly duties, | 我会想我在逃避作母亲的责任 |
[28:05] | and it would ruin everything. But here… | 那会毁了一切 但是这里… |
[28:07] | I get it. | 我理解 |
[28:09] | I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. | 我很抱歉我没告诉你 |
[28:10] | Oh, don’t worry about it. I do think you should tell Jackson, though. | 别担心 我想你应该告诉Jackson |
[28:13] | He thinks I have you chained to the stove. He’s worried you’re working too hard. | 他觉得我把你锁在炉子旁边 他担心你工作太累 |
[28:15] | I know. I’ll go home right now and tell him. | 我知道 我现在就回家告诉他一切 |
[28:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:18] | Of course, it’s the episode where Barnabas kidnaps Maggie. | 现在放的Barnabas是绑架了Maggie那集 |
[28:22] | And imprisons her in a coffin in the mausoleum’s secret room in punishment for disobeying him? | 把她关在陵墓秘密房间的某口棺材里 来惩罚她的反抗? |
[28:27] | Yeah! | 对 |
[28:27] | Scoot over. | 过去点 |
[28:28] | – Really? – Yep. | – 真的 – 对 |
[28:30] | Ah, cool! | 啊 酷 |
[28:32] | Toblerone? | 来点Toblerones? |
[28:36] | These rooms are nice. | 这房间真好 |
[28:45] | Excuse me, I need a ticket! | 打扰下 我需要一张票 |
[28:47] | Emily | Emily! |
[28:49] | Simon! Well, this is a pleasant surprise! | Simon 真是让人惊喜 |
[28:52] | Waiting for someone? | 等什么人吗 |
[28:53] | Yes, a mysterious man with an exotic accent | 对 等一个异国口音的神秘红帽男子 |
[28:55] | and a red coat to give me a ticket for my car. | 给我的汽车一张停车票 |
[28:57] | Ah. Well, I wish you a great deal of luck. | 祝你好运 |
[28:59] | So, who are you here with? | 你和谁一起来 |
[29:00] | My daughter and her husband. | 我女儿和他丈夫 |
[29:02] | They’re right over there. I’d love for you to meet them. | 他们马上过来 我很想你见见他们 |
[29:04] | Diana, come here for a second! | Diana 过来一下 |
[29:07] | Oh! What on earth? | 哦 怎么了 |
[29:11] | Emily | Emily. |
[29:12] | Richard! Have you lost your mind? | Richard 你疯了吗 |
[29:14] | I misjudged the distance. | 我估错了距离 |
[29:15] | You misjudged the distance! You hit my car! | 你估错了距离 你撞了我的车 |
[29:18] | – I was distracted. – Emily, are you okay? | – 我有点心烦 – Emily 你没事吧 |
[29:20] | I’m her husband, Simon. I’ll ask her if she’s okay. | 我是她丈夫 Simon 她有没有事轮不到你问 |
[29:22] | – Are you okay? – I’m fine. | – 你没事吧 – 我没事 |
[29:24] | She’s fine, Simon. Are you happy? Now, go away. | 她没事 Simon 你高兴了吗 走吧 |
[29:27] | – Emily, maybe you should see a doctor. – No, I… | – Emily 也许你该去看看医生 – 不 我 |
[29:29] | We will determine whether she needs to see a doctor. This is a family matter. | 我们会决定是否她需要看医生 这是我们的家务事 |
[29:32] | I’ll call you tomorrow and see how you are. | 我明天给你电话问候 |
[29:33] | She’ll be fine, Simon. She doesn’t need your call. | 她会没事的 Simon 她不需要你的电话 |
[29:36] | Do you hear me, Simon? Don’t call. | 你听见了吗 Simon 别打电话 |
[29:39] | Were you bitten by some kind of rabid animal? | 你被疯狗咬了吗? |
[29:40] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[29:41] | You! You! I’m taking her home. I’ll come back for this car. | 你 你 我送她回家 然后回来取这张车 |
[29:45] | – You’re what? – You were just in a car accident, Emily. | – 你说什么 – 你刚经历了交通事故 Emily |
[29:48] | You can’t go to a party after having been in an accident. Let’s go. | 你不能在交通事故后还参加派对 我们走 |
[29:51] | What are you doing? | 你干吗呢 |
[29:58] | Maybe we should take you to the hospital. | 也许我们应该带你去医院 |
[30:00] | I think it’s a toss-up who needs the trip to the hospital more. | 谁该去医院还难说呢 |
[30:03] | When you pull up to a valet stand, you get out of the car. You don’t dawdle. | 你停下了车 应该下车 不该浪费时间 |
[30:07] | I was waiting for someone to take my car! | 我等人帮我存车 |
[30:09] | Well, you wait outside the car! Everybody knows that. | 你应该在车外面等 所有人都知道 |
[30:11] | It is not my fault that you ran into my car. | 你撞到我的车可不是我的错 |
[30:14] | I know you dated him. | 我知道你和他约会了 |
[30:15] | What? | 什么 |
[30:16] | Simon McLane! I know you dated Simon McLane! | Simon McLane 我知道你和Simon McLane约会 |
[30:19] | Richard, I was just in an accident. Now is hardly the time to discuss this. | Richard 我刚发生了事故 没时间讨论这个 |
[30:22] | Fine. | 好 |
[30:24] | I found out about it in a business meeting, | 我在业务会议上知道了这事 |
[30:25] | which was hardly the time to find out about it, but fine. | 这是我最不希望知道的时机 但是没关系 |
[30:29] | – It was dinner. – Dinner. Of course. | – 只是晚饭 – 晚饭 当然了 |
[30:31] | – Nothing happened. – Of course nothing happened. | – 没发生了什么 – 当然没发生什么 |
[30:33] | Stop it, Richard. I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true. | 别说了 Richard 如果是真的我会承认 |
[30:36] | Well, I told you that nothing happened between me and Pennilyn Lott. | 我告诉过你我和Pennilyn Lott 什么都没有发生 |
[30:39] | That all we did was have lunch. And I wouldn’t have said that if that weren’t true! | 我们就吃了午餐 如果有什么我会承认 |
[30:42] | Well, then, there’s nothing more to be said about these things. | 那这些事情就没什么可说的了 |
[30:44] | I agree. | 同意 |
[30:47] | – People are staring, Richard. – We’re going. | – 别人在看 Richard – 我们走了 |
[31:15] | Dessert is it. We wolf it down, we’ve done our duty, we’re out of here. | 甜点来了 我们赶紧吃 尽完义务赶紧走 |
[31:18] | I’m counting the seconds. | 度日如年啊 |
[31:20] | – Lane. – Yes, Mama? | – Lane – 是 妈妈 |
[31:21] | – I need your help in the kitchen. – My help? | – 我需要你来厨房帮忙 – 要我帮忙? |
[31:23] | Food got extra stuck to pots tonight. | 今晚的菜很粘锅底 |
[31:25] | Need you to pound the hammer while Aunt Jun holds the chisel. Come. | 阿姨拿着凿子你来敲 过来 |
[31:30] | Lane, come now. | Lane 快过来 |
[31:32] | I’m watching the music, Mama. We’re watching – my boyfriend and I. | 我在看音乐表演 妈妈 我和我男朋友在看音乐表演 |
[31:35] | Maybe when it’s done. | 也许等它结束 |
[31:36] | Dirty plates don’t wait for Gayageum. | 脏盘子可等不了 |
[31:39] | I ask you, you come. | 我叫了你 快过来 |
[31:40] | I’m here as a guest, and, by the way, I didn’t hear you ask. | 我来这是客人 顺便说一句 我不听你调遣 |
[31:43] | – I heard you demand. – Lane… | – 我只听你的请求 – Lane |
[31:44] | Because you don’t offer. As I taught you to. | 因为你不听话 所以我来教你 |
[31:46] | Here we go. | 我们走 |
[31:47] | – Such insolence! – Lane… | – 真傲慢 – Lane |
[31:49] | – You don’t get it, Mama. – Oh, I get it. | – 你不明白 妈妈 – 哦 我明白 |
[31:51] | You’re modern woman now. | 你现在是新派女性了 |
[31:52] | Too big to chisel crust off plates. Just standing there, grooving to Gayageum. | 年纪够大而不能去摆弄盘子 就站那儿吧 尽情享受音乐吧 |
[31:57] | – Mama… – You have values. | – 妈妈 – 你有自己的价值观 |
[31:58] | Values I did not teach you. Spending time with boys – living with boys! | 我没教过你的价值观 和男人约会 和男人住在一起 |
[32:02] | Banging drums and playing noise in a rock band with boys! | 和男人在摇滚乐队敲鼓制造噪音 |
[32:05] | Mama… | 妈妈 |
[32:05] | Paint in your fingernails, gel in your hair. | 涂指甲 上发胶 |
[32:07] | So vain now, you no longer even wear your glasses! | 那么虚荣 你甚至不再带眼镜 |
[32:10] | I’ve got contacts! I don’t need them. | 我有了隐形 我不需要再戴眼镜了 |
[32:12] | You’re not you without your glasses. | 没有眼镜就不是你了 |
[32:15] | – I agree. – What? | – 我同意 – 什么 |
[32:16] | What? | 什么 |
[32:16] | It’s just – your glasses. I liked your glasses. | 你的眼镜 我喜欢你的眼镜 |
[32:19] | You should wear them. I’m just saying. | 你应该戴着 |
[32:21] | She should wear them. She should always wear them. | 她应该戴着 她应该一直戴着 |
[32:22] | I’ve said it before, but it’s true. They made you look smart. | 我以前就说过 但是它们真的让你看起来很聪明 |
[32:25] | Of course they made her look smart. She’s a smart girl. Glasses fit her. | 当然 它们使她看起来聪明 她是个聪明的女孩 眼镜很适合她 |
[32:28] | – Totally. – Zach… | – 总之 – Zach |
[32:29] | You always looked good in them. Glasses suit her face. | 你带眼镜看起来很美 眼镜符合她的脸型 |
[32:32] | The black frames, especially with her hair… | 黑框 特别是配上她的黑头发 |
[32:34] | She wore them in the first grade. She first girl in her class. | 她一年级就带眼镜 是她们班里的第一个带眼镜的女孩 |
[32:38] | And I bet she looked great. | 我打赌她看起来棒级了 |
[32:39] | I have pictures in a photo book. I could show you. | 我相册里有照片 给你看看 |
[32:41] | – I’d love to see them. – Wait, Zach… | – 好 我很乐意看看 – 等等 Zach |
[32:43] | Come. We chisel pots later. | 过来 过会再去弄盘子 |
[32:55] | Aw, yeah! Awesome! You guys rock. | 棒极了 你们够摇滚! |
[33:00] | Do you know Inna Godda Davida? | 你认识Inna Godda Davida吗 |
[33:12] | I’ll make arrangements to get your car to the shop tomorrow. | 明天我会安排把你的车送去工厂 |
[33:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:16] | You might want to re-think that lease, though. | 你应该重新考虑租约问题了 |
[33:20] | Are you sure you’re feeling all right? | 你确定没事? |
[33:22] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[33:28] | I don’t want to go back to the pool house. | 我不想回池边小屋了 |
[33:32] | Come home. | 回家吧 |
[33:45] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[33:47] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干吗 |
[33:48] | Friday night dinner. Is it not Friday night dinner? | 周五晚餐 不是周五晚餐吗 |
[33:50] | No, I mean yes, but I thought you had a thing. | 不 哦 是的 但是我以为你有约会 |
[33:51] | Oh, well, it wasn’t a for sure thing. | 哦 不确定的 |
[33:53] | You made it sound for sure. | 你让它听起来象定好的约会 |
[33:54] | It was a maybe thing, and now it’s a nothing. | 那只是个不确定的约会 而现在什么都不是了 |
[33:56] | Oh, you look disappointed. | 哦 你很失望 |
[33:57] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这个 |
[33:58] | Do you want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[33:59] | – No. – Okay. | – 不 – 好吧 |
[34:00] | Not even to tell me who the guy is? | 甚至不告诉我那家伙是谁 |
[34:01] | He’s no one. Forget it. | 他什么都不是 忘了吧 |
[34:03] | Okay. Well, the mystery of the Gilmore dinners continues. | 好吧 Gilmore家晚餐继续神秘中 |
[34:07] | – Meaning? – The pool house is empty. | – 什么意思 – 池边小屋是空的 |
[34:08] | Grandpa forgot about us again? | 外公又把我们忘记了? |
[34:10] | Yes! Apparently all the complexes incurred in my childhood were not enough. | 显然我童年所遭受的一切还没完呢 |
[34:13] | They need to keep a’coming. | 这事儿还在继续发生着 |
[34:14] | Did you check on Grandma yet? | 你去看过外婆吗 |
[34:15] | I’m on my way there now. | 我正要去 |
[34:17] | Is it Marty? | 是Marty吗 |
[34:18] | – Forget it, Mom. – Okay. | – 别说了 妈妈 – 好吧 |
[34:19] | – But is it? – No! | – 但是他吗? – 不 |
[34:21] | What are they doing together? | 他们在一起干嘛 |
[34:22] | Are they arguing? | 他们在争吵吗 |
[34:23] | No – well, I don’t know, they don’t look mad. | 我不知道 他们看起来很恼火 |
[34:25] | Oh, great. I’m so not in referee mode tonight. | 哦 很好 今晚我又要做调解员了 |
[34:28] | Grandma just laughed. | 外婆在笑 |
[34:29] | Eh, it could have been an evil laugh. A I’m laughing at your pain” kind of laugh. | 可能是邪恶的笑 嘲笑痛苦的笑 |
[34:32] | Looked like a plain old laugh to me. | 我看来是很真诚朴素的笑 |
[34:33] | Oh, Dad’s picking up an ashtray. He’s going to throw it at her! Finally. | 哦 爸爸拿起了烟灰缸 他要朝她扔过去了 |
[34:37] | No! No, he’s just moving it. | 不 不 他只是拿起了它 |
[34:39] | I don’t get it. What is going on? What are they doing? | 我不明白 怎么了 他们在干什么 |
[34:41] | – I don’t… – Holy! | – 我不…… – 天啊 |
[34:42] | Ah – oh my God. My parents are having an affair. | 哦 天啊 我父母在幽会 |
[34:46] | Oh, careful, it might be a trap. | 哦 小心 那也许是个陷阱 |
[34:47] | – What? – I don’t know. I’m freaking out. | – 什么 – 不知道 我晕了 |
[34:49] | This does not compute, does not compute. | 不合道理啊 不合道理啊 |
[34:50] | Girls! Wonderful to see you. Come in, come in, come in. | 女孩们 很高兴见到你们 进来 进来 |
[34:54] | – Hi, you’re just in time. – For what? | – 嘿 你们真准时 – 什么准时 |
[34:57] | The celebration. Ah! Champagne. Perfect. | 庆祝会 哦 香槟来了 完美 |
[35:00] | What are we celebrating? | 我们要庆祝什么 |
[35:01] | Uh, should we tell them? | 我们应该告诉他们吗 |
[35:02] | They’re going to find out sooner or later. | 她们迟早都会发现 |
[35:05] | All right, then. | 好 |
[35:07] | Lorelai, Rory, your grandmother and I have reconciled. | Lorelai Rory 你外婆和我和好了 |
[35:11] | We are officially back together. | 我们决定再在一起 |
[35:13] | Really? Oh my God! | 真的 哦 天啊 |
[35:15] | That’s great! I’m so happy. | 太棒了 我太高兴了 |
[35:18] | When did this reconciliation happen? | 什么时候和好的 |
[35:20] | Yesterday. | 昨天 |
[35:21] | And last night. | 昨晚 |
[35:22] | – And this morning. – Richard. | – 还有今早 – Richard |
[35:23] | Don’t ask questions. Don’t ask questions. Don’t ask questions! | 别问问题 别问 别问 |
[35:26] | And next week your father and I are going to renew our wedding vows. | 下周我和你父亲准备重温结婚誓言 |
[35:28] | A week from tomorrow, on our fortieth wedding anniversary. | 从明天起的一个礼拜是我们 结婚四十周年纪念 |
[35:32] | Wow. That’s great! | 哇 太棒了 |
[35:33] | And you’re going to be my maid of honor. | 你来做伴娘 |
[35:34] | Uh, wha… | 嗯 |
[35:35] | Excuse me, Mr. Gilmore. Mr. Jeffries from the Windsor Club for you. | 打扰下 Gilmore先生 温莎俱乐部的Jeffries先生找您 |
[35:39] | Ah, yes. Thank you, Robert. | 哦 谢谢 Robert |
[35:41] | Oh, by the way, I’m firing Robert next week. | 顺便说一句 我下周就炒了Robert |
[35:43] | You won’t need him. | 你不需要他 |
[35:44] | No, I won’t. | 对 我不需要 |
[35:45] | Richard Gilmore here. | 我是Richard Gilmore |
[35:47] | The Gold Room? | 黄金厅? |
[35:49] | Ah, yeah, would you hold on for a moment, please? | 请等一下 |
[35:52] | Uh, Emily, they say they can free up the Gold Room. | Emily 他们说能提供黄金厅 |
[35:55] | How are we supposed to fit a twenty piece band in the Gold Room? | 黄金厅里怎么装得下20人乐队? |
[35:57] | – No, we need the Rose Room. – Right. | – 不 我们需要玫瑰厅 – 对 |
[36:00] | I’m afraid the Gold Room won’t do. We need the Rose Room. | 我担心黄金厅不够大 我们需要玫瑰厅 |
[36:03] | Well, perhaps they’d be willing to switch dates. | 也许他们愿意换日子 |
[36:05] | We’d certainly be happy to make it worth their while. | 我们很乐意让他们觉得值得 |
[36:08] | Of course, I’ll hold. | 当然 我等着 |
[36:09] | Richard, we just have to get the Rose Room. | Richard 我们必须拿下玫瑰厅 |
[36:11] | Don’t you worry, our company insures that building. | 别担心 我们公司为那栋建筑投保 |
[36:14] | We don’t get that room, | 如果我们不能拿到玫瑰厅 |
[36:15] | suddenly they have a very expensive foundation upgrade to go through. | 他们就会突然接到一个昂贵的基金基准 |
[36:20] | I married a wonderful man, girls. | 孩子们 我嫁了个好男人 |
[36:22] | Yes, you did. | 对 是的 |
[36:23] | Hey, Mom, about this whole, um, maid of honor thing? | 嘿 妈妈 伴娘的事情 |
[36:26] | Oh, yes. Richard, can you spare us a moment? I want to take Lorelai upstairs. | Richard 能给我们几分钟吗 我想带Lorelai上楼 |
[36:29] | – Why? – Of course. | – 为什么 – 当然 |
[36:31] | Wha- why do you want to take me upstairs? | 你为什么要带我上楼 |
[36:32] | Wonderful, we’ll be right back. | 很好 我们马上回来 |
[36:33] | Why doesn’t Rory have to go upstairs? | 为什么不是Rory上楼 |
[36:35] | I’ll finish this phone call and then Rory and I will discuss | 我结束这个电话后要和Rory谈谈 |
[36:37] | the possibility of her being my best man. | 她当伴郎的可能性 |
[36:39] | Really? I’m going to be your best man? | 真的 我来做你的伴郎 |
[36:41] | What’s upstairs? | 楼上有什么 |
[36:46] | Ah, Emily. Wonderful timing. | Emily 时间刚好 |
[36:49] | Please start with the Oscar de la Renta. | 请从”奥斯卡德拉伦塔”开始 (女装品牌) |
[36:52] | Susan Hayworth never wore anything but de la Renta in her final days. | 苏珊·海华斯在她最后的日子只穿德拉伦塔 |
[36:57] | Clark Gable never knew what he was missing. | 克拉克·盖博永远不知道自己错过了什么 |
[37:01] | He was a cad, but the crease in his pants was immaculate. | 他是个衣冠禽兽 但是他裤子上的折痕完美无缺 |
[37:07] | Oh, my God! It’s Natalie Wood. | 哦 天啊 这不是是纳塔丽·伍德吗 |
[37:10] | Hello, Miss Celine. You look wonderful. | 你好 Celine小姐 你看起来很美 |
[37:13] | Olive oil on the inside and on the outside. | 橄榄油外敷内用 |
[37:16] | Anna Manana taught me that. | Anna Manana教我的 |
[37:18] | I think this has too much lace, Celine. | 我觉得上面蕾丝太多了 Celine |
[37:20] | Ah, there can’t be too much lace, as long as it’s Italian. | 是太多蕾丝了 因为它是意大利风格的 |
[37:24] | What do you think, Natalie? | 你怎么想 Natalie |
[37:25] | – What do you think? – Whatever you want, Mom. | – 你怎么想 – 随便你 妈妈 |
[37:27] | Lorelai! You’re my maid of honor. I need your opinion here. | Lorelai 你是我的伴娘 我需要你的建议 |
[37:30] | Well, I kind of like that one, or even the one next to it. | 我更喜欢那件 或者旁边那件 |
[37:33] | – I’ll try them both. – You’ll try them all. | – 我全都要试 – 你全部都要试 |
[37:36] | I had the worst row with Dietrich once. | 我和黛德丽有过一次激烈的争吵 |
[37:40] | I told her, Marlene, until you actually become a man | 我告诉她 黛德丽 除非你变成男人 |
[37:44] | you must try dresses on like a woman. | 否则你必须象个女人一样试衣服 |
[37:47] | And that means all of them. | 那意味着所有衣服都要试 |
[37:50] | Are you married, Natalie? | 你结婚了吗 Natalie |
[37:52] | Oh, no, not yet. | 哦 没 还没 |
[37:53] | Actually, Celine, she just opened her own business. She owns an inn now. | Celine 她刚开始了自己的事业 她拥有一间旅馆 |
[37:57] | Hmm, an inn, how charming. | 旅馆 多可爱啊 |
[38:01] | Emily, do you need breasts or are yours sufficing for the moment? | Emily 你需要加胸垫 还是觉得已经够了 |
[38:06] | I’m fine for the moment, Celine. | 我现阶段感觉不错 Celine |
[38:07] | Oh, my God, you’re Mary Martin. Take it off immediately. | 哦 天啊 你就象玛丽·马丁 快脱掉 |
[38:11] | Oh, dear. | 哦 亲爱的 |
[38:12] | Here, try this one on, Mom. | 试这个 妈妈 |
[38:13] | You know, I’m trying to decide whether to go with a hat | 你看 我在想是否该配顶帽子 |
[38:18] | or some sort of headpiece, or whether that’s too much. | 或者某种头纱 亦或太累赘了 |
[38:21] | When I was dressing Marilyn for her wedding to Arthur Miller, | 当我给梦露和阿瑟·米勒的婚礼准备礼服时 |
[38:26] | I told her, I said, Marilyn! Wear a flat hat on your head. It will remind him of a book. ” | 我说 玛丽莲 在头上带顶扁平帽 那能让他想到书 |
[38:33] | She didn’t, and we all saw how that turned out. | 她没有 我们也看到了结果 |
[38:37] | You wear whatever you want, Mom. | 你想穿什么穿什么 妈妈 |
[38:39] | Celine, I’m going to need some help with this zipper. | Celine 我需要人帮我拉拉链 |
[38:41] | Oh, very elegant. | 哦 很优雅 |
[38:44] | Very nice, oh. | 很棒 |
[38:46] | There you go, Mrs. Oscar Lavant, love that. | 就是这样 Oscar Lavant夫人就爱这样 |
[38:52] | Here, try the Dior just for giggles, hmm? | 随便试试这件迪奥 |
[38:57] | All right. | 好的 |
[39:00] | I will never, under any circumstances, no matter how short a dress you put on, | 在任何情况下 无论你穿的裙子多短 |
[39:04] | go back to Al’s Pancake World ever, ever again. | 我都绝不会再去Al的薄饼店了 |
[39:08] | Aw, you didn’t like your manicotti? | 你不喜欢我的意大利通心面 |
[39:10] | That was not manicotti, it was square and flat and blue. | 那不是意大利通心面 它是方形的 而且是扁的蓝色的 |
[39:15] | Yeah. Manicotti’s rarely blue. | 对 意大利通心面很少是蓝色 |
[39:20] | You know, I’ve been thinking, uh, maybe I shouldn’t go to this thing of your parents’. | 你知道 我一直在想 我不应该去参加你爸妈的那档子事 |
[39:26] | First Al’s Pancake World, and now my parents vow renewal? | 先是Al的薄饼店 然后又是我父母的重温结婚誓言仪式? |
[39:29] | I’m serious. | 我是认真的 |
[39:30] | I’m not really their favorite person. They don’t really want me there. | 我不是他们喜欢的人 他们不会真想我去那的 |
[39:33] | Hey, I’m not their favorite person either, and I still have to go. | 嘿 我也不是他们喜欢的人 而且我还非得去不可 |
[39:36] | I know, it’s just… | 我知道 那…… |
[39:37] | It’s going to be this big fancy thing with all their friends. And, you know, I just… | 到时肯定场面盛大 亲朋好友一堆的 你知道 我只是…… |
[39:41] | Listen. My parents are very weird people. | 听着 我父母是非常怪的人 |
[39:44] | They don’t hate you. They just don’t know you. | 他们不讨厌你 只是不了解你 |
[39:46] | This is the perfect opportunity. They’ll be happy. They’ll be smashed. | 这是个最佳的机会 他们会很高兴 然后喝醉 |
[39:50] | You show up, shake some hands, get in a few family pictures, | 你出现 挥挥手 出现在家庭照片中 |
[39:53] | and before you know it my mother will be trying to convince you you’re too good for me. | 在你意识到之前 我妈就会告诉你 我根本配不上你 |
[39:57] | Come on, it’ll be fun. Good food. Open bar. | 拜托 会很好玩的 有好吃好喝的哦 |
[40:01] | I’m wearing a fabulous dress and as maid of honor, | 我穿着漂亮衣服当伴娘 |
[40:05] | if you’re not there, I’ll have to get drunk and make out with the best man. | 假如你不去 我不得不喝醉 然后和伴郎满场飞 |
[40:08] | Who is Rory. So you can see all the creepy ramifications of your absence here. | Rory当伴郎 你能想象你不在那 会发生多可怕的事情 |
[40:12] | – Okay. – Okay? | – 好吧 – 好吗 |
[40:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:17] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[40:19] | You got a T.V.! | 你弄了台电视 |
[40:21] | Oh. Yeah. | 哦 对 |
[40:23] | Since when did you get a T.V.? | 你什么时候弄来的电视 |
[40:25] | I just picked it up this morning. | 我今天早上刚弄来的 |
[40:27] | What about your REM sleep? | 你的眼动睡眠怎么办 |
[40:28] | Hey, twice a week you’re going to bed at 9:30 like a 72-year-old woman | 嘿 你象个72岁的老太太每周两次 9点半就上床 |
[40:31] | because I have early deliveries, so I figured the least I could do | 因为我要很早去送货 所以我认为至少 |
[40:34] | is make sure you don’t miss your Charlie Rose or your Patrick Stewart… | 我能确保你没错过Charlie Rose 和Patrick Stewart |
[40:36] | John Stewart Jon Stewart. | |
[40:37] | And plus, I can sleep through anything. Once I’m out, I’m out. | 还有 我能在任何情况下睡着 |
[40:39] | Oh, I know. | 哦 我知道 |
[40:40] | So, here. | 所以 拿着 |
[40:43] | Enjoy. | 好好享受 |
[40:52] | You are too good for me. | 我对我太好了 |
[40:53] | Well, maybe I’ll meet a nice girl at your parent’s wedding. | 也许我在你父母的婚礼上 会遇见一个好女孩 |
[41:13] | Emily. Wow, this is a surprise. | Emily 哇 真是惊喜 |
[41:16] | – May I come in? – Yes, please come in. | – 我能进来吗 – 请进 |
[41:18] | I didn’t even know you knew where I lived. | 我不知道你竟然知道我住哪 |
[41:18] | I know all kinds of things. | 我什么都知道 |
[41:22] | Obviously you have a maid. | 显然你有女佣 |
[41:23] | Yes, I have a maid-nanny combo. | 对 我有奶妈套餐 |
[41:25] | Ah. How McDonald’s of you. | 你真乐观 |
[41:27] | Uh, can I get you something? A tea, or coffee, or… | 喝点什么吗 茶 咖啡 |
[41:30] | I’m fine, thank you. | 没事 谢谢你 |
[41:32] | So, this is the child. | 这是你的孩子 |
[41:33] | Yes, this is Georgia. We call her Gigi. | 对 Georgia 我们叫她gigi |
[41:35] | And her mother’s still gone? | 她妈妈还没回来 |
[41:37] | Yes. She’s in Paris. | 对 她在巴黎 |
[41:38] | All right. I’ll come straight to the point, Christopher. | 对 我直说了 Christopher |
[41:41] | Now, I have known you a long time. I watched you grow up. | 我认识你很长时间了 我看着你长大 |
[41:44] | You were a charming boy. A weak, but charming boy. | 你是个可爱的男孩 软弱 但是还是很可爱 |
[41:47] | And to be completely honest, I never thought much of you. I still don’t. | 诚实的说 我从没那么关心过你 |
[41:51] | Wow. That’s great of you to come by and share that with me. | 你能来告诉我这些很好 |
[41:53] | However, you have good breeding. | 然而 你有很好的教养 |
[41:54] | You come from an impeccable family and you love Lorelai. | 你来自好的家庭 而且你爱Lorelai |
[41:57] | You’ve always loved Lorelai. | 你一直爱Lorelai |
[41:58] | You would’ve married her when she got pregnant. I know that. | 她怀孕的时候你可以和她结婚的 我知道 |
[42:01] | And you would have married her if that girlfriend of yours hadn’t gotten pregnant with this. | 假如你的女朋友没有怀上这个的话 你会跟Lorelai结婚 |
[42:05] | I know that too. | 我也知道 |
[42:06] | Lorelai’s in a relationship now, did you know that? | 现在Lorelai和某人在交往你知道吧 |
[42:09] | Yes, I know that. | 对 我知道 |
[42:09] | He owns a diner. He’s a divorcee. | 他有家小餐厅 他离过婚 |
[42:11] | He’s uneducated, he’s not a proper stepfather for Rory | 他没受过良好教育 他对Rory来说不是合适的继父 |
[42:15] | and he’s completely unsuitable for Lorelai. | 他完全不适合Lorelai |
[42:17] | My daughter is stubborn, but she’s capable of greatness. | 我女儿很顽固 但她很有能力 |
[42:21] | And watching her settle down with a man who could hold her back from that is unacceptable. | 看着她和一个会拖累她的人在一起 我很不爽 |
[42:25] | You, at least, won’t hold her back. | 你至少不会拖累她 |
[42:27] | Okay, Emily, I’m very confused by this speech of yours, | Emily 我不懂你要表达什么 |
[42:30] | and Gigi needs to be fed. | 还有 Gigi需要喂奶了 |
[42:32] | She’s getting serious with this man. I’ve seen it with my own eyes. | 她跟那男人是越来越认真了 我不忍就那么看下去 |
[42:35] | If you want a chance with Lorelai you had better do something. | 假如你还想和Lorelai在一起 最好拿出实际行动来 |
[42:38] | And you had better do something now. | 最好立刻有所行动 |
[42:40] | Timing has never been your strong point, Christopher. | 时不我待 Christopher |
[42:43] | You should see if you can change that. | 你应该想想是否能改变 |
[42:46] | Goodbye, Gigi. Enjoy your program. | 再见 Gigi 好好看电视 |
[43:01] | Synchro: Amariss – www. forom. com – |