时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:32] | – I was late! – It’s okay, sweetie. It’s not your fault. | -我来晚了 -没事 宝贝 不怪你 |
[00:35] | I just wanted to play one more game at Gary’s. | 我只想在盖瑞家再玩把游戏 |
[00:37] | Well, you did great. You called 911 right away. | 你做得很好 立即打了急救电话 |
[00:39] | – He looked dead. – Daddy’s not dead. | -他好像死了 -爸爸没死 |
[00:41] | He’s gonna be okay, right? | 他会没事的 对吧 |
[00:42] | – He had a stroke. – That’s not possible! | -他中风了 -不可能 |
[00:44] | Well, the CT confirmed a ruptured aneurysm. | CT扫描证实动脉瘤破裂了 |
[00:46] | We have to operate to clip the bleeding | 得做手术止血 |
[00:47] | and reduce intracranial pressure. | 释放颅内压 |
[00:48] | No, he had a stroke six years ago. | 不 他六年前中过风 |
[00:50] | They put him on diltiazem. | 当时用了地尔硫卓 |
[00:52] | We’re gonna take good care of your dad. | 我们会救治你爸爸的 |
[00:57] | Naja Modi — 28 years old, suffered a burn to her left hand | 纳吉·莫迪 28岁 左手有烧伤 |
[01:00] | as a result of a cooking accident. | 煮饭时不小心伤到的 |
[01:02] | Are Jared and I being punished? | 我和杰瑞德是在受罚吗 |
[01:07] | This is not a very interesting case, is it? | 这个病例没什么意思吧 |
[01:10] | Lesson one — | 第一 |
[01:12] | Don’t suggest to the the head of surgery | 别在外科主任面前说 |
[01:14] | that working with the head of surgery | 跟着外科主任干活 |
[01:16] | is form of punishment. | 就是在受罚 |
[01:17] | Dr. Melendez is very unhappy with Jared | 梅伦德斯医生非常不满意 |
[01:21] | for how he got his job back. | 杰瑞德是如何回来工作的 |
[01:23] | And Dr. Melendez is unhappy with me for t-taking — | 梅伦德斯医生也非常不满意我… |
[01:26] | taking two days off. | 休了两天假 |
[01:28] | I don’t think he wants to talk about this, Shaun. | 我觉得他不想谈这事 肖恩 |
[01:35] | I was an idiot. | 我太蠢了 |
[01:37] | It’s on the stove. Of course it’s hot, right? | 在炉子上啊 肯定很烫 |
[01:39] | You wouldn’t believe how often we see these types of accidents. | 你肯定不相信我们见过多少这种事故 |
[01:42] | Well, there are a lot of idiots. | 那蠢货还挺多的 |
[01:43] | Okay, what do we need to do here, Murphy? | 现在要怎么处理 莫菲 |
[01:45] | A superficial partial-thickness burn | 表面二度烧伤 |
[01:48] | should be managed conservatively. | 可以保守处理 |
[01:50] | Cleanse the area, debride with soft gauze, | 清理烧伤区域 用柔软的纱布清创 |
[01:52] | and then cover with an antimicrobial petroleum dressing. | 用抗菌原油敷料包好 |
[01:55] | All of which means, | 也就是说 |
[01:56] | this should heal with minimal scarring. | 留个小疤就会好了 |
[02:00] | Naja, are you having chest pain? | 纳吉 你胸口疼吗 |
[02:02] | I think I’m having a heart attack. | 我好像心脏病发了 |
[02:04] | It’s hard to breathe. | 呼吸困难 |
[02:05] | Just relax if you can. | 尽可能放松 |
[02:08] | Put her on oxygen, a 12 lead EKG, | 给她输氧 做12导联心电图 |
[02:10] | and order a portable chest X-ray. | 并安排床边胸部X光片 |
[02:11] | Murphy, let’s move. Come on. | 莫菲 走吧 快 |
[02:12] | Her vitals are stable. | 她的生命体征很稳定 |
[02:17] | What the hell is going on here? | 到底怎么回事 |
[02:18] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[02:20] | But it is interesting. | 但很有意思 |
[02:35] | We’ve got a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Suction. | 蛛网膜下腔出血 抽吸 |
[02:38] | I need to isolate the aneurysm. | 得隔离动脉瘤 |
[02:41] | Poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[02:43] | Imagine finding your dad like that. | 想象发现自己的爸爸成这样了 |
[02:45] | Well, that’s exactly how I want to die. | 我倒是真想那样死掉 |
[02:49] | If the dad doesn’t make it, | 如果他父亲没挺下来 |
[02:50] | the kid will always remember that moment — | 孩子会永远记得那个画面 |
[02:52] | be traumatized by it. | 留下心理创伤 |
[02:53] | Because he loves him. | 因为他爱他 |
[02:54] | The idea of dying without anybody getting hurt — | 没有任何人因自己的死而伤心… |
[02:57] | There’s nothing sadder than an empty waiting room. | 最令人悲伤的莫过于空荡荡的等候室 |
[03:02] | Okay, what do you see? | 好 看到了什么 |
[03:05] | A bulge on the anterior communicating artery. | 前交通动脉上有个肿块 |
[03:07] | Yeah, the ruptured aneurysm is compromising | 对 破裂的动脉瘤中断了 |
[03:09] | blood flow to the frontal lobe. | 大脑额叶的供血 |
[03:10] | Prep an 11 millimeter standard clip. | 准备十一毫米的止血钳 |
[03:13] | Are you married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[03:14] | Not anymore. | 离了 |
[03:16] | Turns out he had even worse judgment than I did. | 原来他比我还没眼光 |
[03:18] | Oh, speaking of creeps, you hear Coyle got transferred? | 说到变态 你知道科利被调走了吗 |
[03:21] | I’m so glad they shut him down. | 他被调走真是太好了 |
[03:23] | Well, yeah, I guess. | 是啊 我想也是 |
[03:25] | Just wish they’d spent the money on a Pediatric Trauma Pod. | 真希望他们把钱用在买小儿创伤舱上 |
[03:30] | They gave him a raise. | 他升职了 |
[03:34] | Clip. | 止血钳 |
[03:36] | The EKG confirmed | 心电图证实 |
[03:38] | you weren’t having a heart attack. | 你当时没有心脏病发作 |
[03:40] | I-I wasn’t faking. | 我不是装的 |
[03:41] | I wouldn’t do that. | 我不会那么做 |
[03:42] | We know. | 我们知道 |
[03:44] | The imaging also confirmed | 图像也证实了 |
[03:45] | that you have considerable lung inflammation. | 你的肺部炎症很严重 |
[03:47] | Is it possible you inhaled smoke? | 你会不会吸到了烟 |
[03:48] | I guess I must have. | 肯定是吸到了 |
[03:50] | There was a minor grease fire. | 当时油脂引起了一场小火 |
[03:52] | What happens now? | 现在怎么办 |
[03:53] | You need a bronchoscopy. | 你得做支气管镜检查 |
[03:54] | We put a camera down your throat to see how much damage there is | 要从你的喉部插入窥镜检查损伤情况 |
[03:57] | and what we need to do to repair it. | 看看该如何修复 |
[03:59] | But don’t worry. You’ll be sedated. | 别担心 会给你麻醉的 |
[04:01] | Please don’t. | 不要 |
[04:02] | Oh, I’m — I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:03] | The test is absolutely necessary. | 必须做检查 |
[04:05] | The test is fine. | 检查没问题 |
[04:06] | But, um… | 但是 |
[04:07] | please don’t touch me, except for medical purposes. | 请别碰我 除非是治疗必须的 |
[04:10] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[04:17] | That does not make sense. | 没道理啊 |
[04:21] | A number of religions have rules about touching. | 很多宗教信仰对触碰都有规矩的 |
[04:23] | I don’t quite get it, but — | 我不太理解 但 |
[04:24] | That makes sense. | 这有道理 |
[04:25] | People shouldn’t touch people | 除非有很合理的原因 |
[04:26] | unless there’s a very good reason. | 是不该触碰他人 |
[04:29] | Okay, then… | 好 那么… |
[04:30] | what doesn’t make sense? | 是什么没道理 |
[04:32] | The grease fire. | 油脂起火 |
[04:35] | The grease fire explains the whole thing — | 油脂起火能解释所有情况 |
[04:37] | the burn, the smoke. | 烧伤 烟 |
[04:38] | She told us she forgot the stove was hot. | 她说她忘了炉子很烫 |
[04:42] | How can you forget something’s hot | 如果有东西着火了 |
[04:43] | when it is on fire? | 怎么会忘了很烫 |
[04:46] | Shaun, I’m sure we would have heard more of the story | 肖恩 如果她不是突然以为心脏病发了 |
[04:47] | if she hadn’t suddenly thought she was having a heart attack. | 我们肯定能听到更多内容 |
[04:56] | Why didn’t you fire him? | 你为什么不炒了他 |
[04:57] | Because his story was different than yours. | 因为他的说辞跟你的不一样 |
[04:59] | And you believe his story? | 而你信了他的说辞 |
[05:02] | I believe your story. | 我信了你的 |
[05:03] | But you can’t prove it. | 但你没证据 |
[05:05] | And we simply can’t make a policy | 而我们不能简单一味地 |
[05:07] | of believing every woman who files a complaint against every man. | 相信每个申诉男人的女人 |
[05:13] | After a few thousand years of doing the opposite, | 数千年来女人的申诉一直不被信任 |
[05:15] | it wouldn’t kill us to overcorrect. | 如今矫枉过正又有何不妥 |
[05:17] | And the fact that – your boyfriend assaulted him | 而你的男友打了他 |
[05:19] | took away any leverage I had. | 让我没了任何筹码 |
[05:21] | I did what I could. | 我尽力了 |
[05:22] | I got him to take a position | 我把他调到了 |
[05:24] | where he has very little contact with staff, with patients — | 很少能接触到其他职员和病患的职位 |
[05:27] | outreach chair. | 外联职位 |
[05:28] | And it’s a lousy assignment. | 还是个很糟糕的调配 |
[05:30] | Sooner or later, he’s gonna quit. | 他迟早会辞职的 |
[05:32] | And get a job somewhere else. | 然后去其他地方工作 |
[05:34] | If you have any better ideas… | 如果你有更好的主意 |
[05:38] | I look forward to hearing them. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[05:52] | You’re very lucky. | 你们很幸运 |
[05:55] | The aneurysm was in a small communicating artery. | 动脉瘤长在了一条小的交通动脉上 |
[05:58] | We were able to restore blood flow to the impacted brain areas. | 我们成功修复了受阻大脑区域的供血 |
[06:01] | He’s gonna be okay. | 他不会有事的 |
[06:02] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[06:08] | Is this what life is gonna be like from now on? | 之后会一直都这样吗 |
[06:11] | A-are these things just going to keep happening? | 他会时不时病发吗 |
[06:14] | We’re gonna keep him here for a few days, do some follow-up testing, | 他会留院观察几天 做些后续检查 |
[06:17] | make some adjustments to his medications. | 调整一下用药 |
[06:20] | Hopefully, we’ll find out why this happened. | 但愿能找到发病原因 |
[06:25] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[06:29] | Another one? | 又一个 |
[06:30] | Post-operative imaging showed a 26-millimeter aneurysm | 术后影像显示基底动脉上 |
[06:33] | in the basilar artery. | 有个26毫米的动脉瘤 |
[06:34] | That size and location, we’re looking at a high risk of rupture. | 看这大小和位置 很有可能会破裂 |
[06:37] | He must have a genetic predisposition — | 他肯定有遗传倾向性 |
[06:39] | maybe a connective tissue disease? | 或许是结缔组织病 |
[06:41] | All academic till we repair it. | 在修复之前一切都是空谈 |
[06:44] | Through the pharynx and over – to Grandmother’s house we go. | 通过咽部过去了 开始探险吧 |
[06:48] | There’s the epiglottis and the vocal cords. | 这是会厌和声带 |
[06:52] | I know you’re not happy that I sued the hospital. | 我知道你不满意我起诉了医院 |
[06:54] | But I’m not gonna apologize for that. | 但我不会为此道歉的 |
[06:56] | That makes it simple. | 这就好办了 |
[06:58] | I did it because I want to be here. | 我这么做 是因为我想留在这 |
[07:00] | I believe I can learn a lot from you, even from your doghouse. | 我相信能从你那学到很多东西 尽管受你冷落 |
[07:04] | I just hope you give me a chance, sir. | 我只是希望你能给我一个机会 |
[07:06] | There’s the carina. | 这里是气管隆凸 |
[07:08] | Gonna pass into the mainstem bronchus of the left lung. | 接下来要进入左主支气管 |
[07:11] | Is breaking up with your fiancée traumatic? | 和你未婚妻分手算得上创伤性事件吗 |
[07:18] | When I saw a woman get shot, | 我看见那女人中枪的时候 |
[07:20] | everyone told me it was traumatic | 所有人都说这是精神创伤 |
[07:21] | and that I should be going home. | 说我应该回家休息 |
[07:23] | Should you be going home? | 你不应该回家休息吗 |
[07:27] | Give me a mucosal brush for a cellular sample. | 给我一个黏膜刷取细胞样本 |
[07:29] | Loading it now. | 这就插入黏膜刷 |
[07:30] | How long does it take to get over a breakup | 从与爱人分手的痛苦中走出来 |
[07:32] | with the woman you love? | 需要多长时间 |
[07:36] | I’m seeing a lot of inflammation, | 我看到了大面积炎症 |
[07:37] | but no smoke damage. | 但是没有油烟损伤 |
[07:38] | That makes se-sense. | 这说得通 |
[07:40] | I thought we were doing this because she inhaled smoke. | 我以为做这项检查是因为她吸入了油烟 |
[07:42] | She said she inhaled smoke. | 她说她吸入了油烟 |
[07:44] | I didn’t believe her. | 我不相信她 |
[07:46] | Whatever the cause, the inflammation and the damage are real. | 不管原因如何 炎症和损伤是真实存在的 |
[07:49] | Let’s get a mucosal biopsy. | 咱们做个粘膜活检 |
[07:51] | I move down here, we — | 我要移动到这里 我们 |
[07:53] | The scope breached her bronchial wall. | 气管镜穿破了她的支气管壁 |
[07:55] | She’s hemorrhaging. | 她大出血了 |
[07:56] | – This is bad. – Prep the O.R.! | -太糟糕了 -准备手术 |
[07:58] | Type and cross two units of blood. We’ve gotta move! | 交叉配血两个单位 我们快走 |
[08:04] | We know there was a burn. | 烧伤是明确的 |
[08:05] | Was it something related to the grease fire, | 气管损害是不是跟油火有关 |
[08:08] | or separate coincidental injury? | 或者两者只是独立的巧合 |
[08:14] | You don’t have a theory, or are you refusing to talk to Jared? | 你是没有想法 还是不想和杰瑞德说话 |
[08:18] | I didn’t answer because it doesn’t matter | 我不回答 是因为我觉得 |
[08:19] | until we can repair this puncture | 在我们修复穿孔 |
[08:21] | before bacteria passes through and spreads an infection. | 防止细菌进入并传播引起感染前 这不重要 |
[08:23] | That’s true. | 说得没错 |
[08:25] | Cut this suture. | 剪线 |
[08:26] | Let’s approximate the edges with forceps. | 用镊子吻合切缘 |
[08:28] | Are you and Jared even now? | 你和杰瑞德还在闹别扭吗 |
[08:32] | He made a mistake. So did you. | 他犯了个错误 你也是 |
[08:34] | Exactly what mistake did I make? | 我究竟犯了什么错误 |
[08:36] | This breach was your fault. | 穿孔是你弄的 |
[08:40] | Is that traumatic? | 这算精神创伤吗 |
[08:49] | I had breakfast by myself. | 我自己吃的早餐 |
[08:51] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[08:53] | I’m sorry. Were we supposed to have breakfast this morning? | 抱歉 我们今早本来应该一起吃早餐是吗 |
[08:55] | I had an early consult. | 我今早有个会诊 |
[08:56] | Yes, we always have breakfast on Mondays. | 对 我们每周一都一起吃早餐 |
[09:00] | We do? Every Monday. | 是吗 每周一 |
[09:03] | Every Monday. | 每周一 |
[09:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:06] | Well, I guess our streak has been broken then, huh? | 我猜我们的冷战已经告一段落了 是吗 |
[09:10] | If someone punctures the bronchus | 如果某人在常规支气管镜操作中 |
[09:12] | during a routine bronchoscopy, that’s a mistake, right? | 穿破了支气管 这算是错误 对吗 |
[09:16] | Well, I can’t imagine how it wouldn’t be. | 肯定是错误 |
[09:18] | Why? What did you do, Shaun? | 怎么了 你做了什么 肖恩 |
[09:20] | I’m wondering if I need to report Dr. Melendez. | 我想知道我是否要举报梅伦德斯医生 |
[09:24] | Dr. Melendez did that? | 梅伦德斯医生干的 |
[09:26] | The protocol is very clear. | 规定写得很清楚 |
[09:28] | I need to report it. | 我得举报 |
[09:30] | But I’ve seen how Jared is being treated. | 但是我看见他怎么对杰瑞德的 |
[09:34] | Will Dr. Melendez treat me badly | 如果我举报了梅伦德斯医生 |
[09:36] | if I report this? | 他会不会也冷落我 |
[09:39] | He shouldn’t, obviously. | 显然 他不应该这样 |
[09:41] | But human nature being what… | 但是人性就是这么… |
[09:44] | Human nature? | 人性 |
[09:48] | Shaun, you know what? | 肖恩 你知道吗 |
[09:49] | You should make this decision for yourself. | 这件事应该由你自己决定 |
[09:56] | In fact — In fact… | 其实 其实… |
[09:58] | you should to make – all your decisions yourself from here on in. | 从现在开始 所有的决定都应该由你自己来做 |
[10:01] | That’s what we agreed on, right? | 这是我们说好的 对吗 |
[10:10] | Have you considered an endovascular embolization procedure? | 你有考虑过血管内栓塞术吗 |
[10:13] | I have. | 考虑了 |
[10:14] | It’s a little less risky, | 风险会降低 |
[10:15] | but I haven’t done as many, | 但是我做得不多 |
[10:16] | so I’m not sure which way we’re better off. | 所以我不确定怎么做比较好 |
[10:19] | You want me to check the roster — | 你是不是想让我查一下名单 |
[10:20] | see if there’s somebody available with more experience? | 看看有没有更有经验的医生能够胜任 |
[10:22] | I would like to assist, but yes. | 是的 我可以从旁协助 |
[10:26] | Okay, here we go. | 好的 我们来看看 |
[10:29] | No, he’s not available. | 不 他没法做 |
[10:31] | So make him available. | 那就想方设法让他做 |
[10:33] | I got a husband and father | 身为人夫和人父 |
[10:34] | who presented with two aneurysms in the last 12 hours. | 他在过去的十二小时里已经出现两个动脉瘤了 |
[10:37] | I’d rather not. | 最好不要 |
[10:38] | This particular surgeon was recently… | 那位外科医生最近被… |
[10:41] | transferred. | 调职了 |
[10:47] | Not a chance. | 没门 |
[10:50] | Coyle is the best available surgeon for the job. | 科利是这项手术的最佳人选 |
[10:53] | Coyle should’ve been fired, and if he’d been fired, | 科利本应该被解雇 如果他被解雇了 |
[10:55] | he wouldn’t be available. | 他根本不可能来做这手术 |
[10:56] | And if he wasn’t available, | 如果他不能做 |
[10:57] | you would be the best person for the job. | 你将会是这项手术的最佳人选 |
[11:00] | Our ultimate duty is to the patient. | 我们应该以患者为重 |
[11:05] | No, it’s not. | 不 不是 |
[11:07] | You agree he should have been fired. | 你同意他应该被解雇 |
[11:09] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:10] | Even if he was the – best doctor in this hospital, | 就算他是这家医院里最好的医生 |
[11:12] | he should have been fired, right? | 他也应该被解雇 对吗 |
[11:14] | Yes. | 对 |
[11:15] | So some things have to matter more | 所以有些事情 |
[11:16] | than who is the most skilled. | 比谁的手术技术高超更重要 |
[11:19] | If we forgive Coyle just because he’s good at something, | 如果科利擅长于某些领域 就能因此得到原谅 |
[11:22] | what does he do next? | 他接下来会做些什么 |
[11:24] | Either he matters or we matter. | 要么选他 要么选我们 |
[11:36] | Were you upset during the procedure? | 你在手术过程中感到烦恼吗 |
[11:39] | Did Murphy tell you that I was “Traumatized”? | 莫菲告诉你我有「精神创伤」了 |
[11:42] | You think that I might have almost killed a person | 你觉得我差点害死了一个人 |
[11:44] | because you dumped me? | 都是因为你甩了我 |
[11:46] | The fact that you’re describing it as “Me dumping you” | 事实上 你把这件事说成「我甩了你」 |
[11:48] | suggests that you are upset. | 恰恰说明你为此心烦意乱 |
[11:50] | Look, I’m fine. You’re fine. | 听着 我没事 你也没事 |
[11:53] | Nobody’s upset. | 没人为此烦心 |
[11:54] | Great. | 很好 |
[11:57] | But you do understand | 但是你要明白 |
[11:58] | that I have to ask you these questions, | 我必须得问你这些问题 |
[12:00] | that I need a statement from you. | 因为我需要你给个说法 |
[12:02] | Yes. | 明白 |
[12:03] | Here’s my statement — | 这就是我的说法 |
[12:05] | “I wasn’t distracted. | 「我没有分心 |
[12:06] | I didn’t screw up.” | 我没有搞砸」 |
[12:08] | You get all that? | 你听明白了吧 |
[12:20] | Your bronchus was punctured during the procedure, | 你的支气管在手术过程中发生了穿孔 |
[12:21] | but it’s been repaired. | 不过穿孔已经修复好了 |
[12:23] | How? How could that happen? | 什么 怎么会这样 |
[12:25] | Why did you lie? | 为什么说谎 |
[12:27] | You said that you inhaled smoke, | 你说你吸入了油烟 |
[12:28] | but there was no evidence of smoke. | 但支气管里根本没有油烟 |
[12:31] | So, what do you gain by lying to your doctors? | 所以向你的医生撒谎 你能得到什么好处 |
[12:33] | I wasn’t lying. | 我没有撒谎 |
[12:34] | I was just… | 我只是… |
[12:36] | confused, I guess. | 迷糊了 我想 |
[12:38] | I was in a lot of pain, | 我很痛 |
[12:39] | and it was all happening so fast. | 而且一切发生的太快了 |
[12:42] | My stomach! | 我的胃 |
[12:44] | Naja, what are you feeling? | 纳吉 你有什么感觉 |
[12:46] | It’s really sore and… I feel like I’m going to– | 真的很痛…我感觉我要… |
[12:49] | Can we get some help over here?! | 这里需要帮助 |
[12:51] | Four milligrams of ondansetron. | 四毫克昂丹司琼 |
[12:54] | Airway inflammation, abdominal pain, nausea. | 气道炎症 腹痛 恶心 |
[12:57] | We need a full blood panel and abdominal ultrasound. | 我们需要做全套血液化验和腹部超声 |
[13:02] | The procedure will seal off the aneurysm, | 手术会夹闭动脉瘤 |
[13:06] | but there will almost certainly be some brain damage — | 但很有可能会造成一些脑损伤 |
[13:10] | anything from mild visual or speech disturbances | 从轻微的视觉障碍或语言障碍 |
[13:13] | to significant paralysis. | 到严重的瘫痪 都有可能 |
[13:17] | But without the surgery, he’ll die. | 但不做手术 他会死 |
[13:29] | No. I-I won’t consent to the operation. | 不 我不同意做手术 |
[13:34] | There really isn’t a lot of choice here. | 你没有太多选择的余地 |
[13:37] | Without the operation — | 不做手术 |
[13:38] | After his first stroke, it — | 在他第一次中风后 |
[13:41] | it took him so long to recover. | 他花了很长时间才恢复过来 |
[13:45] | It was frustrating and painful for him. | 对他来说 这个过程非常痛苦沮丧 |
[13:49] | But he did recover. | 但是他最终恢复过来了 |
[13:56] | He made it clear he’d never want to live compromised. | 他很清楚 他不想生活在妥协中 |
[14:03] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[14:15] | Thank you for having breakfast with me. | 谢谢你和我一起吃早餐 |
[14:18] | My pleasure. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[14:19] | People lie a lot, don’t they? | 人们经常撒谎 对吗 |
[14:22] | No, I-I meant it, Shaun. | 不 我是认真的 肖恩 |
[14:24] | I’m happy to spend time with you. | 我很开心能和你共度时光 |
[14:25] | There are seven reasons that I’ve thought of. | 我想到了七个原因 |
[14:28] | There may even be more. | 也许还有更多 |
[14:32] | Do people ever lie without a reason? | 人们会毫无理由地撒谎吗 |
[14:35] | No. | 不会 |
[14:41] | Reason number six. I think you just lied. | 第六个原因 我认为你刚刚撒谎了 |
[14:44] | I think you just lied to avoid something. | 我认为你刚为了逃避某些事而撒谎 |
[14:45] | You don’t like this conversation. | 你不喜欢这番对话 |
[14:47] | Shaun, n– Shaun, I’m sorry. | 肖恩 我很抱歉 |
[14:50] | I’m just — just a little distracted. | 我只是有点分心 |
[14:53] | My aneurysm patient — | 我的那位动脉瘤病人 |
[14:54] | We’re treating him with blood-pressure meds | 我们在给他用高血压药 |
[14:56] | to try and avoid a rupture. | 避免他动脉破裂 |
[14:58] | You should do – an endovascular embolization. | 你们应该采用血管内栓塞 |
[15:01] | He doesn’t want one. | 他并不想要 |
[15:02] | It could leave him with brain damage. | 会给他的大脑造成损害 |
[15:03] | I thought he was unconscious. | 我以为他没有意识 |
[15:06] | He is. | 是的 |
[15:07] | His wife knows what he wants. | 他的妻子知道他想要什么 |
[15:10] | It’s amazing. I just — | 太令人惊讶了 |
[15:12] | I don’t think I’d be able to do that. | 我不认为我能做到像她那样 |
[15:15] | She’s sacrificing her happiness, her future, | 她牺牲了自己的幸福和未来 |
[15:18] | just because she knows — | 就因为她知道 |
[15:19] | She’s lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[15:20] | She’s lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[15:21] | It could be either reason number four or — | 可能是由于原因四或者是 |
[15:25] | No, she’s not lying, Shaun. She loves him. | 不 她没有在撒谎 肖恩 她爱他 |
[15:27] | She doesn’t love him. | 她不爱他 |
[15:28] | You haven’t even met her! | 你都没有见过她 |
[15:29] | You haven’t seen what she’s like with him, with their son. | 你没见过她和他还有他们儿子一起的样子 |
[15:32] | I’m not good at reading people. | 我不善于洞悉他人 |
[15:33] | – Well, I am, and – I think people-reading | -我善于 -我认为洞悉他人 |
[15:36] | embraces personal biases. | 总会包含自己的偏见 |
[15:38] | I think we should try to avoid biases. | 我认为我们应该避免偏见 |
[15:43] | Knowledge of human behavior | 了解他人的表现 |
[15:45] | can help us make – informed, intuitive decisions. | 可以让我们做出有见地的 直觉的决定 |
[15:48] | My way is better. | 我的方法更好 |
[15:50] | It’s based on actions. She’s lying. | 基于行为之上 她是在撒谎 |
[15:54] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:55] | If you love someone, | 如果你爱一个人 |
[15:57] | you’ll do anything to prevent their death. | 你会不遗余力阻止他死去 |
[16:07] | This…situation — | 这个情况 |
[16:09] | There seems to be a conflict of interest. | 可能会产生利益冲突 |
[16:12] | So I would like to bring in someone else from legal | 所以我想派一个法律上的第三方 |
[16:15] | to handle it. | 来处理它 |
[16:17] | Yeah, I agree. | 我同意 |
[16:19] | You’re an excellent lawyer, but — | 你是位杰出的律师 但是 |
[16:22] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[16:24] | Do you think this is my problem? | 你认为这是我的问题吗 |
[16:26] | It’s understandable. | 这合乎情理 |
[16:27] | 48 hours ago, we were engaged. | 48小时前我们才订婚 |
[16:28] | And now, suddenly, | 现在突然 |
[16:30] | you’re supposed to be investigating me? | 你就要来调查我 |
[16:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:33] | And doing crazy things, | 还有更疯狂的事 |
[16:34] | like expecting you to give me complete answers | 比如期待你会给合适的问题 |
[16:36] | to appropriate questions. | 一个完整的答案 |
[16:38] | You were trusting Murphy’s judgment over mine. | 你相信墨菲的判断而不相信我的 |
[16:40] | His judgment about my demeanor. | 他做出的关于本人举止的判断 |
[16:43] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[16:44] | I asked you a question. | 我就问了你一个问题 |
[16:46] | You wanted me to screw up. | 你想要我完蛋 |
[16:47] | You did screw up. | 你确实弄砸了 |
[16:49] | So what? | 所以又怎样 |
[16:50] | So we just deal with it. | 我们只要处理它就好了 |
[16:54] | But if you can’t even admit that you’re not always perfect, | 但如果你不承认你无法一直完美 |
[16:56] | then I — – I am not perfect! | 我不完美 |
[17:01] | Clearly, I have made mistakes in my life. | 很明显 我的人生里也犯过错 |
[17:05] | But not this time. | 但这次不是我的错 |
[17:06] | That punctured bronchus was not my fault. | 刺破支气管不是我的错 |
[17:28] | The nurse says his vital signs are stable. | 护士说他的生命体征稳定 |
[17:31] | No change. | 没有变化 |
[17:32] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[17:37] | It’s… | 这是 |
[17:39] | such a great sacrifice | 很大的牺牲 |
[17:42] | to respect his wishes enough to let him go. | 尊敬他的愿望到甘愿让他离开 |
[17:47] | You must love your husband very much. | 你肯定很爱你的丈夫 |
[18:00] | But… | 但是 |
[18:04] | there could be another explanation. | 也可能会有其他的解释 |
[18:07] | Either you love him enough to let him die… | 你可能是爱他到愿意让他死去 |
[18:11] | or you hate him enough to let him die. | 又或者是恨他到想让他死去 |
[18:16] | You don’t know – what you’re talking about. | 你根本不知道你在说什么 |
[18:19] | There’s a doctor here who harassed me. | 这里有一个医生曾经骚扰过我 |
[18:24] | He made me feel vulnerable, worthless — | 他让我觉得自己很脆弱并且毫无价值 |
[18:28] | neither of which I am. | 其实我并不是这样 |
[18:32] | But he never hurt me. | 但他没有伤害过我 |
[18:35] | I can’t imagine how I would feel if he did, | 我无法想象如果他伤害了我 |
[18:40] | what I would do, | 我会做什么 |
[18:43] | what I would want to do to him. | 我会想对他做什么 |
[18:49] | What did your husband do to you? | 你的丈夫对你做了什么 |
[18:54] | He’s a good father. | 他是个好父亲 |
[18:57] | No, he’s not. | 不 他不是 |
[18:59] | A good father doesn’t hurt a mother. | 好父亲不会伤害母亲 |
[19:02] | Payton loves him. | 佩顿很爱他 |
[19:03] | All the more reason — | 所有的原因 |
[19:04] | No. | 不 |
[19:05] | Payton doesn’t know anything. He never can. | 佩顿什么也不知道 他永远不能知道 |
[19:09] | I know you’re afraid he’ll come after you, | 我知道你害怕他会来找你 |
[19:11] | but there are people who can help. | 但有人能够帮助你 |
[19:27] | Payton is better off with the memory of a loving father | 拥有一个慈父的记忆对佩顿来说 |
[19:29] | than the truth. | 比知道真相更好 |
[19:37] | Let him die. | 让他死吧 |
[19:47] | Methanol is causing her abdominal pain. | 甲醇造成她腹部疼痛 |
[19:52] | She drank wood alcohol? | 她是喝了木酒精吗 |
[19:53] | People drink whatever they can drink. | 人们能喝什么就喝什么 |
[19:55] | Well, she’s Muslim — Wouldn’t let me touch her. | 她是穆斯林 不愿意让我碰她 |
[19:57] | Religious people aren’t immune to hypocrisy. | 有宗教信仰的人并不对伪善免疫 |
[19:59] | There are other ways to explain the presence of methanol. | 甲醇的存在也可能有其他原因 |
[20:03] | It’s also produced by the liver | 肝脏也会产生甲醇 |
[20:05] | when the body is exposed to certain caustic chemicals. | 当身体接触到腐蚀性化学物质 |
[20:08] | If inhaled, caustic chemicals could also inflame the lungs. | 如果被吸入 腐蚀性物质也会刺激肺部 |
[20:11] | And caustic chemicals also burn, | 腐蚀性物质还会燃烧 |
[20:13] | so it would explain all her symptoms. | 这就解释了她所有症状 |
[20:15] | Do you happen to have a list | 你有没有能造成所有这些后果的 |
[20:16] | of which caustic chemicals do all that? | 腐蚀性物质的清单 |
[20:17] | Dimethyl sulfate | 硫酸二甲酯 |
[20:20] | It’s used in – the pharmaceutical industry. | 被用于药业 |
[20:22] | She’s a school teacher. | 她是学校教师 |
[20:23] | It’s also used in water treatment, industrial pesticides, | 它也用于水处理 农药工业 |
[20:26] | and chemical weapons. | 以及化学武器 |
[20:28] | She has no reason to be involved | 她没有理由参与到 |
[20:29] | with water treatment or industrial pesticides. | 水处理或农药工业中 |
[20:31] | But she could be a school teacher and a terrorist. | 但她可以同时是教师和恐怖分子 |
[20:42] | – So, what do we do? – The surgery. | -所以我们该怎么办 -做手术 |
[20:44] | We don’t have her consent. | 我们没有得到她的同意 |
[20:46] | Technically, the issue is we don’t have his consent. | 严格意义上 我们是没有得到他的同意 |
[20:48] | We go to his wife because we can’t get his, | 我们找他的妻子是因为得不到他的同意 |
[20:51] | the assumption being that she’s operating in his best interests. | 猜想是她在为了他的利益最大化考虑 |
[20:54] | Pretty sure that’s not happening here. | 但我不会让这发生 |
[20:57] | Go back to the wife, get her to change her mind, | 去找他的妻子 改变她的主意 |
[20:58] | or we’ll take it to court. | 不然我们就上法庭 |
[21:01] | Okay. | 好的 |
[21:02] | Hey, you look annoyed. | 你看上去很烦恼 |
[21:04] | I’m annoyed we’re sending him home to keep abusing his wife. | 我担心我们把他送回家他会继续家暴她 |
[21:08] | She’s a world-class liar. | 她是个一流的骗子 |
[21:09] | I mean, for all we know, she wants her husband dead | 就我们所知 她希望她的丈夫死掉 |
[21:11] | so that she can run off with her Pilates instructor. | 她就可以和她的普拉提教练私奔 |
[21:14] | – I’ll get the consent. – Thank you. | -我会让她同意的 -谢谢 |
[21:22] | She refused initial treatment for methanol toxicity. | 她拒绝甲醇中毒的初步治疗 |
[21:25] | It’s ethanol — | 是乙醇 |
[21:25] | Because she’s Muslim, she can’t consume it. | 因为她是穆斯林 她不能使用乙醇 |
[21:27] | She has alcohol in her system | 她体内本就有酒精 |
[21:29] | but won’t let us put alcohol in her system to treat it, | 她却不愿意将酒精输送到体内进行治疗 |
[21:31] | because she doesn’t want alcohol in her system. | 因为她不想自己体内有酒精 |
[21:33] | – We put her on fomepi – Dr. Murphy… | -我们对她注射了甲 -墨菲医生 |
[21:35] | Is this part of your evidence that she’s a terrorist? | 你凭此就认为她是恐怖分子 |
[21:37] | Because she’s Muslim? | 因为她是穆斯林吗 |
[21:39] | There are billions of Muslims that aren’t terrorists. | 有成千上万的穆斯林不是恐怖分子 |
[21:41] | Is that part of your evidence that she’s not? | 所以你认为她就不是恐怖分子吗 |
[21:44] | I think she’s a terrorist because it’s the easiest way | 我认为她是恐怖分子 因为这是最佳的解释 |
[21:46] | to explain her symptoms and her lie. | 对于她的症状和谎言 |
[21:48] | Do you have a way? | 你有办法解释吗 |
[21:50] | She had an accident. It scared her. | 她出了事故 吓坏了她 |
[21:53] | Maybe we scare her. Hell, maybe this whole place scares her. | 也许是我们吓坏了她 也许这个地方吓坏了她 |
[21:56] | There are a lot of reasons people don’t tell the truth | 除了犯罪活动之外 |
[21:58] | other than criminal activity. | 还有很多理由会导致人们不说实话 |
[21:59] | Six other reasons. | 别的六个理由 |
[22:01] | If a person comes in with a gunshot wound, | 如果一个人入院的时候身上有枪伤 |
[22:04] | we have to report it. | 我们得上报 |
[22:05] | Why don’t we have to report | 为什么有人可能在研制化学武器 |
[22:06] | someone who might be making chemical weapons? | 我们却不必上报呢 |
[22:08] | Because unfounded accusations can destroy people’s lives. | 因为毫无根据的指控是会毁掉别人的 |
[22:12] | What does it matter what people speculate | 只要真相水落石出 |
[22:14] | as long as the truth comes out? | 那人们推测什么又有什么关系呢 |
[22:16] | Because people make up their minds | 因为人们在真相水落石出之前 |
[22:17] | before the truth comes out. | 就已经做出了决断 |
[22:19] | Says the guy who played the race card | 这话是从一个老打种族牌 |
[22:20] | when he needed an advantage. | 占便宜的人口中说出的 |
[22:23] | Even if you’re right, | 即使你说的是对的 |
[22:24] | she’s not making bombs while she’s in our ICU. | 当她在重症监护室的时候也并没有制造炸弹 |
[22:27] | Also, you’re wrong. Now, keep me posted. | 还有你是错的 现在 有什么消息通知我 |
[22:29] | If she’s not better in the next two hours, | 如果她在接下来的两个小时没有好转 |
[22:31] | I want to know. | 告诉我 |
[22:44] | We need you to consent to your husband’s surgery. | 我们需要你同意我们给你丈夫手术 |
[22:50] | I said “No.” | 我说过了 「不」 |
[22:53] | There’s a better way, Tessa. | 还有一种更好的办法 泰莎 |
[22:58] | Leave him. | 离开他 |
[23:00] | Start a new life. | 开始新的生活 |
[23:08] | I’m afraid. | 我害怕 |
[23:09] | I know. | 我懂 |
[23:10] | But…this — | 但是这… |
[23:13] | This isn’t the answer. | 这不是回答 |
[23:17] | If you don’t consent, | 如果你不同意 |
[23:18] | we’ll take this to the court, | 我们会把这个送到法院 |
[23:20] | and we’ll tell a judge what we know. | 把我们知道的都告诉法官 |
[23:23] | I told you those things in confidence. | 我是偷偷告诉你这些的 |
[23:25] | You are not my patient. Your husband is. | 你不是我的病人 你丈夫是 |
[23:30] | Two things will happen. | 有两种可能 |
[23:33] | We will get the consent, | 我们得到许可 |
[23:34] | and Payton will find out the truth. | 佩顿会知道真相 |
[24:10] | Tessa? | 泰莎 |
[24:13] | You are stronger than you think you are. | 你比你想的要更坚强 |
[24:37] | Your methanol toxicity is abating — | 你体内甲醇的毒性在减轻… |
[24:41] | The treatment’s working. | 治疗有效果了 |
[24:43] | Great. | 很好 |
[24:46] | Do you think that I’ll be able to leave soon? | 你觉得我用不了多久就可以离开了吗 |
[24:48] | All of your symptoms are consistent | 你的所有症状都符合 |
[24:51] | with exposure to dimethyl sulfate. | 接触硫酸二甲脂的症状 |
[24:53] | I — I’ve never heard of dimethyl — | 我 我从来都没听过什么硫酸二… |
[24:56] | Dimethyl sulfate is used to make chemical weapons. | 硫酸二甲脂被用来做化学武器 |
[25:06] | I didn’t expect this from you. | 我没想到这话是从你嘴里说出来的 |
[25:10] | I made a statement. | 我表达了我的意见 |
[25:13] | You’re different. | 你不一样 |
[25:16] | I have autism. | 我有自闭症 |
[25:18] | You’ve experienced bigotry. | 你体会过人们对你有偏见的滋味 |
[25:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:23] | Have…people refused to serve you? | 你有被人拒绝服务过吗 |
[25:28] | Have you seen people | 你有看到过人们 |
[25:31] | change their flight | 因为你 |
[25:34] | because of you? | 更改航班吗 |
[25:37] | Have people cursed you out | 你有经历过人们在你开口之前 |
[25:38] | before you’ve opened your mouth? | 就对你恶语相向吗 |
[25:43] | I’m not prejudiced. | 我没有偏见 |
[25:45] | I have evidence. | 我有证据 |
[25:48] | Nobody’s prejudiced. | 没有人有偏见 |
[25:50] | Everybody has evidence. | 大家都有证据 |
[25:53] | And I’m always brown. | 而我一直都是棕色人种 |
[25:58] | Maybe you’re not so different. | 也许你没那么不同 |
[26:04] | You’re sweating. | 你在出汗 |
[26:07] | Perspiration is a sign of dishonesty. | 出汗是说谎的一个迹象 |
[26:13] | My chest. | 我的胸 |
[26:14] | Chest pain can be brought on by anxiety. | 胸痛可能是由焦虑引起 |
[26:18] | Oh, but this time, you are having a heart attack. | 但这次 你是心脏病发作了 |
[26:21] | EKG, stat! | 心电图 立刻 |
[26:26] | The endothelial lining had moderate inflammation that appeared acute, | 血管内皮膜缓和了急性炎症 |
[26:30] | and there was evidence of mucosal edema. | 有粘膜水肿的迹象 |
[26:32] | I made no extraordinary motions, | 我没有做任何特别的处理 |
[26:34] | nor did I apply any unnecessary force. | 也没有采取任何不必要的措施 |
[26:37] | And yet, the bronchus was punctured. | 然而支气管被刺穿了 |
[26:38] | Which is a risk, albeit a small one, | 这是这种手术的风险 |
[26:40] | with this kind of procedure. | 尽管可能性不大 |
[26:44] | Well… | 好吧… |
[26:45] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:47] | I appreciate the thoroughness of your answers. | 感谢你耐心回答我的问题 |
[26:49] | Not sure I understood it all… | 虽然我也不确定我都明白了… |
[26:52] | …but I think I’ve got what I need. | 但是我想我已经得到我需要的了 |
[26:55] | I probably shouldn’t say anything, | 我可能不该说什么 |
[26:59] | but I know you and Ms. Preston | 但我知道你和普莱斯顿女士 |
[27:00] | are going through something right now. | 现在正经历一些事 |
[27:01] | That really wasn’t relevant. | 那和这一点关系都没有 |
[27:02] | I-I know. I know. It’s just… | 我 我知道 我知道 只是… |
[27:07] | I know she’ll get through it, but… | 我知道她会挺过去的 但… |
[27:10] | it’s good you’re handling it better. | 你处理得更好是件好事 |
[27:13] | It’s one thing to be distracted while drafting a contract | 在起草合同的时候被分心是一回事 |
[27:16] | and a whole other thing entirely doing what you do. | 你所做的又是另外一回事了 |
[27:31] | Inject dye. | 注入染色剂 |
[27:33] | Injecting dye. | 注入染色剂 |
[27:38] | Hanging a left at the vertebral artery. | 挂在左脊椎动脉上 |
[27:44] | Okay, withdrawing the guide wire. | 好了 撤回导线 |
[27:47] | Inserting the platinum matrix. | 插入白金色基体 |
[27:54] | You know, sometimes, you do the right thing | 你知道吗 有的时候 你做了正确的事 |
[27:57] | and things get a little better. | 事情会变得更好 |
[27:59] | And sometimes, things still suck. | 有的时候 事情依旧糟糕 |
[28:04] | Entering the aneurysm. | 进入动脉瘤 |
[28:09] | Okay. | 好了 |
[28:11] | Blood pressure’s spiking. | 血压上升 |
[28:13] | Wait, why? | 等等 为什么 |
[28:13] | There’s no rupture, no bleeding, | 没有破裂 没有出血 |
[28:15] | no stroke. | 没有中风 |
[28:16] | If his BP goes up any higher, he will have a stroke. | 如果血压再高点 他就要中风了 |
[28:20] | I’m terminating the procedure. | 我现在要停止手术了 |
[28:22] | Push 20 milligrams of labetalol, stat. | 立刻推20毫克拉贝洛尔 |
[28:32] | We need to stabilize him before we can retry the procedure, | 在再次手术之前我们得让他稳定下来 |
[28:34] | which means we need to figure out what we missed. | 也就是说我们得弄清楚我们漏掉了什么 |
[28:37] | This wasn’t our fault. | 这不是我们的错 |
[28:39] | His BP was stable going in. | 他进手术室的时候血压是稳定的 |
[28:41] | He’s been on calcium-channel blockers for the last six years. | 过去的六年里他一直服用钙离子阻断剂 |
[28:43] | Well, we missed something. | 我们漏掉了什么 |
[28:44] | BP doesn’t skyrocket for no reason. | 血压不会无缘无故就猛涨的 |
[28:48] | Run a full work-up. | 做个全面检查 |
[28:52] | Why would a 28-year-old with no risk factors | 为什么一个28岁的没有任何风险因素的人 |
[28:55] | have a heart attack? | 会有心脏病 |
[28:57] | Her heart is burning. | 她的心脏在燃烧 |
[29:00] | Burning? | 燃烧 |
[29:02] | From the caustic chemical! | 因为腐蚀性化学物质 |
[29:03] | – Murphy. – It’s going through her system. | -莫菲 -穿过了她整个系统 |
[29:07] | Unlike thermal burns, | 不像烧烫伤 |
[29:09] | chemical burns get worse over time. | 化学灼伤随着时间会越来越严重 |
[29:11] | And it also explains the punctured bronchus. | 这也解释了她的支气管为什么会穿孔 |
[29:14] | The caustic chemical thinned the bronchial walls. | 腐蚀性化学物质使支气管壁变薄 |
[29:16] | You did not make a mistake. | 你没有犯错 |
[29:18] | That’s not the only explanation. | 那不是唯一的解释 |
[29:21] | But I’ll shut up now. | 但我现在就闭嘴 |
[29:23] | You think you have a good idea, | 你觉得你有个好主意 |
[29:24] | but you’re going to shut yourself up? | 但是你准备不说出来 |
[29:27] | It could be caused by an infection | 有可能是由 |
[29:29] | from bacteria that leaked | 支气管穿孔导致的 |
[29:31] | as a result of the puncture. | 细菌感染造成的 |
[29:33] | The treatments are diametrically opposed — | 如果是感染的话 治疗的方式是完全相反的 |
[29:36] | antibiotics if it’s infection, | 如果是感染的话应该输注抗生素 |
[29:39] | steroids if it’s inflammation. | 如果是发炎的话应该输注类固醇 |
[29:41] | If she needs antibiotics and she needs steroids instead, | 如果她需要抗生素 而不是类固醇 |
[29:44] | it will suppress her immune system, | 会抑制她的免疫系统 |
[29:45] | causing the infection to flourish and kill her. | 加重感染 使她丧命 |
[29:48] | If she needs steroids | 如果她需要类固醇 |
[29:49] | and we give her antibiotics, then — | 而我们给她输注抗生素 那么… |
[29:51] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[29:52] | We’d better be right. | 我们最好是对的 |
[29:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:55] | Sir, I think we should bring another senior attending in | 先生 我们应该再找一位高级主治医生参与 |
[29:57] | – to consult on this decision. – Why? | -商量这个决定 -为什么 |
[30:00] | Because if Shaun’s right, you’re exonerated. | 因为如果肖恩是对的 你就没做错 |
[30:02] | And if I’m right, you may have made the mistake | 如果我是对的 你可能犯了一个 |
[30:03] | that could kill this woman. | 可能会杀了这位女士的错误 |
[30:06] | You don’t think I can be objective? | 你觉得我不能保持客观 |
[30:08] | I think you’re incredibly professional — | 我认为你非常专业… |
[30:10] | Shut up, Jared. | 闭嘴 杰瑞德 |
[30:15] | It is possible that I screwed up. | 有可能是我搞砸了 |
[30:21] | Let’s put her on broad-spectrum antibiotics. | 给她输注广谱抗生素 |
[30:23] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[30:25] | Making a decision on the assumption you made a mistake is a mistake. | 在你犯错的前提下做决定是个错误 |
[30:30] | You’re very arrogant. | 你很自大 |
[30:33] | It helps you be a great surgeon. | 这帮你成为更好的外科医生 |
[30:38] | Fortunately, I don’t need your approval. | 万幸的是 我用不着你来批准 |
[30:51] | We’ve determined what the underlying problem was. | 我们确定了潜在的问题 |
[30:54] | What caused your husband’s aneurysm to rupture | 是什么导致了你丈夫的动脉瘤破裂 |
[30:55] | and why his blood pressure spiked in the O.R. | 以及他在手术室血压下降的缘由 |
[30:58] | According to his labs, he hasn’t been taking his meds. | 数据显示 他没有在服用药物 |
[31:01] | As far as I know, he has. | 据我所知 他有吃药 |
[31:03] | I mean, that’s just not like him. | 这不像他 |
[31:06] | We don’t think it’s like him, either. | 我们也觉得不是他 |
[31:10] | You think I had something to do with this? | 你们觉得是我做了手脚 |
[31:13] | That I, what, threw his meds away? | 怎么 我扔了他的药吗 |
[31:17] | He’d just order more. | 他会再订一些 |
[31:20] | But if you emptied his capsules and filled them with sugar — | 但如果你清空了他的胶囊 并换成糖 |
[31:23] | or, even better, salt — | 或者更好 换成盐 |
[31:26] | It would end your nightmare. | 这会结束你的噩梦 |
[31:31] | I was willing to let him die, | 我很愿意让他死 |
[31:34] | but I could never — | 但我怎么可能… |
[31:39] | If I were strong enough to kill him… | 如果我足够勇敢去杀他… |
[31:54] | Is there a chance your son knows more than you think he does? | 有没有可能 你儿子知道得比你以为的多 |
[32:19] | Her heart rate’s 90. | 她的心率是90 |
[32:20] | That’s in the normal range. | 这在正常范围内 |
[32:22] | But it was 83. It should be going down. | 但之前是83 应该降低才对 |
[32:25] | All her other signs are normal. | 她其它体征都正常 |
[32:28] | You were right. This is the proper treatment. | 你是对的 这是妥善处理 |
[32:31] | 95. | 95了 |
[32:35] | I’m switching her to steroids. | 我要换成类固醇 |
[32:38] | If we give her steroids, | 如果给她注射类固醇 |
[32:39] | it will suppress her immune system, | 那会抑制她的免疫系统 |
[32:42] | causing the infection to flourish… | 导致严重感染 |
[32:43] | I’m going to push 40 milligrams of methylprednisolone. | 我要注射40毫克甲基强的松龙 |
[32:45] | …and she’ll die. | 进而死亡 |
[32:48] | This is on me. | 我来承担 |
[32:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[33:00] | We switched her to methylprednisolone. | 我们给她换成了甲基强的松龙 |
[33:03] | It’s working. | 起作用了 |
[33:04] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[33:06] | Yeah, I got that. | 是的 我知道了 |
[33:08] | Just about the treatment choice. | 只是治疗方案错了 |
[33:09] | You didn’t do anything wrong in the O.R. | 你在手术室里没做错 |
[33:10] | Don’t kiss my ass. | 别拍我马屁了 |
[33:12] | Jared saved her life. | 杰瑞德救了她 |
[33:17] | If he hadn’t acted so quickly, she would’ve died, | 如果他没有迅速采取措施 她可能就死了 |
[33:19] | and that would’ve been your fault. | 而那是你的错 |
[33:22] | Yes, it would’ve. | 是的 没错 |
[33:23] | You should thank him. | 你应该感谢他 |
[33:32] | Thank you, Dr. Kalu. | 谢谢你 卡卢医生 |
[34:30] | Can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[34:31] | I’m Dr. Shaun Murphy. | 我是肖恩·莫菲医生 |
[34:34] | You’re my new neighbor, number 34. | 你是我的新邻居 34号 |
[34:38] | Yeah, cool. | 好吧 |
[34:41] | You wanna come in for a beer? | 你想进来喝瓶酒吗 |
[34:42] | No. | 不了 |
[34:51] | Nice work. | 干得不错 |
[34:53] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[34:55] | You can have the honors. | 功劳属于你 |
[34:59] | This is the first time I’m not looking forward | 这是第一次 我不想告诉家人 |
[35:00] | to telling the family it went well. | 手术进行得很顺利 |
[35:30] | You’re going to be fine. | 你会没事的 |
[35:32] | The treatment worked? | 治疗见效了 |
[35:34] | The second one did. The first one almost killed you. | 第二次的见效了 第一次的差点害死你 |
[35:37] | The fact that you’re alive right now is evidence | 你现在还活着 |
[35:39] | that you were working with dimethyl sulfate. | 就证明你接触了硫酸二甲酯 |
[35:41] | You’re a terrorist, aren’t you? | 你是恐怖分子 是不是 |
[35:46] | My brother works for a drug company. | 我哥哥在药厂工作 |
[35:49] | They use dimethyl sulfate to make one of their medications. | 他们用硫酸二甲酯来制药 |
[35:52] | He stole some for me. | 他替我偷了一些 |
[35:53] | So you could make a chemical weapon. | 让你来做化学武器 |
[35:56] | So I could make perfume. | 让我做香水 |
[36:03] | Smell that. | 你闻 |
[36:17] | It’s…beautiful. | 很好闻 |
[36:20] | But very stupid. | 但很蠢 |
[36:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:23] | Especially since my brother would get fired | 尤其当我哥哥随时可能被炒鱿鱼 |
[36:26] | if anyone ever found out. | 如果有人发现这事 |
[36:29] | You believe her? | 你相信她 |
[36:31] | Protecting someone — | 保护某人 |
[36:33] | reason number three. | 第三种理由 |
[36:37] | So…we good? | 我们还好吗 |
[36:40] | Thing is, I’m not sure it really matters. | 问题是 我不确定这是否重要 |
[36:42] | I’ve been told I can only have three residents next year. | 我被告知 我明年只能有三位住院医师 |
[36:44] | That’s great. | 这太好了 |
[36:45] | Not really. | 算不上 |
[36:46] | Because of Coyle’s transfer, I have to take on his. | 因为科利走了 我得接手他的 |
[36:50] | Reznick? | 雷兹尼克 |
[36:52] | She’s a pain. | 她可让人头痛 |
[36:54] | Pain can be a hell of motivator. | 头痛也可以转化为动力 |
[36:57] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[37:04] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[37:08] | And I think you were right that I wanted you to be wrong. | 你是对的 而我希望你错了 |
[37:12] | And I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:15] | You were right, too. | 你也没错 |
[37:18] | I kept telling myself that I’m fine, but… | 我一直告诉自己 我没事 但… |
[37:22] | it’s been hard. | 这很艰难 |
[37:24] | Got me second-guessing myself, | 让我怀疑自己 |
[37:26] | maybe affecting my judgment. | 也许影响了我的判断 |
[37:28] | I don’t know. | 我说不好 |
[37:30] | If we’re hurting so bad, maybe we made a mistake. | 如果我们这么难过 也许我们做错了 |
[37:36] | No. | 不 |
[37:38] | It just means that what we had mattered. | 这只是说明我们的曾经很重要 |
[37:40] | Doesn’t mean that it was right. | 不代表那是对的 |
[37:43] | I’ve also been thinking that… | 我也在想… |
[37:46] | arrogance does make me a better surgeon. | 自大让我成为了更好的外科医生 |
[37:50] | But it’s not gonna make me a better husband. | 但不会让我成为更好的丈夫 |
[37:56] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:10] | Kristin? | 克丽丝汀吗 |
[38:13] | I’m Claire. | 我是克莱尔 |
[38:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[38:20] | I am doing some research on Dr. Coyle — | 我在调查科利医生 |
[38:25] | on the women who worked with him and then quit. | 调查和他共事但辞职的女人 |
[38:30] | I got another offer at SF Muni. | 我接到了市区交通的工作邀请 |
[38:36] | I was harassed by Dr. Coyle. | 我被科利医生骚扰了 |
[38:40] | And I think you were, too. | 我觉得你也是 |
[38:55] | Doing the right thing can make things a little better… | 做正确的事 能让事情变得更好 |
[39:01] | especially if we do it together. | 尤其当我们一起做的时候 |
[39:25] | I have a new neighbor. | 我有新邻居了 |
[39:28] | So, Lea’s really gone, huh? | 这么说莉亚真的走了 |
[39:32] | So, can we have breakfast tomorrow? | 我们明天能一起吃早餐吗 |
[39:36] | I’d love to, Shaun, but… | 我很想去 肖恩 但是… |
[39:43] | we… | 我们… |
[39:44] | We talked about this, right? | 我们谈过了 |
[39:46] | I-I said that I would back off if you stayed, right? | 我说了如果你留下 我不会继续紧逼 |
[39:51] | More space, less “Fathering.” | 给你更多空间 不再试图当你的父亲 |
[39:52] | I don’t need a father. | 我不需要父亲 |
[39:53] | I hate fathers. | 我讨厌父亲 |
[39:55] | Right, so — | 是的 所以… |
[39:56] | I need a friend. | 我需要朋友 |
[40:03] | Shaun, I-I am someone who can’t help but give advice, you know? | 肖恩 我忍不住会给他人建议 你明白吗 |
[40:08] | I don’t know if I can not do that. | 我不知道自己能否做到 |
[40:14] | So you think I can change and you can’t? | 所以你觉得我能改变 但你不能 |
[40:21] | I think that we have a certain kind of relationship. | 我觉得我们的关系很特殊 |
[40:24] | And we can call it something different if we want, | 如果我们愿意 可以将之称其为其它的 |
[40:26] | but we can’t magically make it different. | 但我们无法改变它 |
[40:30] | You said that you wanted space. | 你说了你想要空间 |
[40:31] | You said that you needed space. | 你说你需要空间 |
[40:39] | I-I think you should be my friend. | 我觉得你应该当我的朋友 |
[40:50] | Shaun… | 肖恩 |
[41:06] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:11] | Shaun? | 肖恩 |
[41:59] | What are you smelling right now? | 你现在闻到什么了 |
[42:03] | Pine trees. | 松树 |