时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Morning, doc! | 早上好 医生 |
[00:12] | Good morning, Kenny. | 早上好 肯尼 |
[00:22] | Brosef, your cable’s out. | 兄弟 你的电缆断了 |
[00:25] | I don’t have cable. | 我没用电缆 |
[00:26] | I have a digital antenna. | 我用的数字天线 |
[00:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:29] | Digital antennae receive superior picture and sound quality, | 数字天线的画面和音效都更胜一筹 |
[00:35] | and the channels are free. | 电视台都不要钱 |
[00:37] | Yeah, but you get, like, 10 channels that way. | 对 但那样只能收到十个台 |
[00:38] | I only watch three. | 我只看三个台 |
[00:40] | You mind if I run a line to your tube? | 能让我从你的电视上搭根线吗 |
[00:43] | Cable guy can’t fit me in till next week. | 有线电视的人下周才给我开通信号 |
[00:47] | Come on, 10 channels are better than none. | 能看十个台总比没台好 |
[00:49] | Yes, they are. | 确实 |
[00:51] | All right. | 好了 |
[00:52] | Gracias, amigo. | 谢了 朋友 |
[00:53] | No hay na que agradecer. | 不客气 |
[00:56] | What? | 什么 |
[01:00] | Dr. Reznick was orphaned once Dr. Coyle was transferred, | 科利医生走后 雷兹尼克医生就没人带了 |
[01:03] | so she’ll be joining our team. | 她会加入我们的团队 |
[01:05] | Hi. I’m Claire. | 你好 我是克莱尔 |
[01:06] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[01:09] | Are you the autistic one? | 你就是有自闭症的那位 |
[01:11] | No. | 不 |
[01:12] | That’s me. | 是我 |
[01:13] | Dr. Shaun Murphy. | 肖恩·莫菲医生 |
[01:17] | We’ve got two pretty straightforward cases, | 我们手上有两个很简单的病例 |
[01:19] | nice level playing field for an eager group. | 积极的团队就该公平竞争 |
[01:22] | Not interested. | 没兴趣 |
[01:23] | Competition can foster teamwork, | 竞争能促进团队合作 |
[01:26] | which can lead to a greater understanding | 而团队合作有助于 |
[01:27] | and appreciation of residents’ strengths and weaknesses | 更好地摸清和评估住院医师的优缺点 |
[01:30] | and improve patient care. | 提高病患治疗水平 |
[01:32] | You’re playing the same game Glassman had us do when we were interns. | 我们在实习时 格拉斯曼用过同样的招数 |
[01:35] | Not interested. | 没兴趣 |
[01:36] | Winning team gets first dibs | 获胜的队伍优先协助 |
[01:37] | on assisting on all surgeries next week. | 下周所有的手术 |
[01:40] | – In. – In. | -同意 -同意 |
[01:41] | Out. | 拒绝 |
[01:48] | I pick the boy genius. | 我选天才小子 |
[01:52] | That’s you. | 是你 |
[02:04] | Dr. Browne. | 布朗医生 |
[02:07] | Kalu. | 卡卢 |
[02:08] | Dr. Reznick. | 雷兹尼克医生 |
[02:10] | Thank you. I’m looking forward to it. | 谢谢 我很期待 |
[02:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:18] | Same stakes as last time? | 跟上次一样的筹码 |
[02:20] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[02:26] | Hi, Quinn. | 奎因 |
[02:27] | We hear you’ve had some stomach pain. | 听说你肚子疼 |
[02:28] | Do you mind if we take a look? | 我们可以检查一下吗 |
[02:29] | It doesn’t hurt that bad. | 没那么疼 |
[02:31] | Poor thing says everything is okay, | 小家伙一直说没事 |
[02:33] | but when Quinnie didn’t want to go swimming today, | 奎妮今天说不想去游泳 |
[02:35] | I knew that something must be wrong. | 我就知道肯定出问题了 |
[02:39] | We’ll be as gentle with her as possible. | 我们会尽量轻一点 |
[02:43] | Quinn’s parents are out of town, | 奎因的父母出远门了 |
[02:45] | so I’m — I flew in to babysit. | 所以临时叫我来照看 |
[02:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:54] | Let’s see. | 我看看 |
[02:59] | – That’s a… – Penis. | -那是 -阴茎 |
[03:02] | She’s not a girl. | 她不是女孩 |
[03:04] | He’s a boy. | 他是个男孩 |
[03:15] | It’s just a phase. | 只是一时的 |
[03:16] | Stop saying that. | 别那么说 |
[03:18] | I’m not a boy. I’m a girl. | 我不是男孩 我是女孩 |
[03:19] | – You’re transgender? – Yes. | -你是跨性别者 -对 |
[03:21] | No. | 不 |
[03:22] | Quinn has XY chromosomes like Jared and me, | 奎因有跟我和杰瑞德一样的XY染色体 |
[03:25] | not XX like you. | 不是你的XX染色体 |
[03:27] | Science says he’s male. | 科学上来说他是男性 |
[03:29] | No, Quinn has gender dysphoria. | 不 奎因有性別不安症 |
[03:31] | Her assigned gender is not the one she identifies with. | 她认知的性别跟实际性别不符 |
[03:34] | She’s mismatched, Dr. Murphy. | 是不匹配 莫菲医生 |
[03:35] | But biologically — | 但生物学上… |
[03:36] | Other than biologically, | 撇开生物学 |
[03:38] | how do you know – you’re supposed to be a boy? | 你怎么知道自己应该是男孩 |
[03:42] | Your question doesn’t make sense. | 你的问题说不通 |
[03:44] | I’m not supposed to be anything. | 我不是应该是什么 |
[03:46] | I am a boy. | 我就是男孩 |
[03:47] | Biologically, that’s it. | 生物学规定的 |
[03:52] | Okay, deep tenderness at McBurney’s point. | 好 麦氏点有深压痛 |
[03:54] | Could be acute appendicitis. | 可能是急性阑尾炎 |
[03:56] | Murphy, get imaging to confirm. | 莫菲 做影像学检查确认 |
[04:06] | Mr. Shaw, your chart says that you passed out in class. | 肖先生 病历显示你在上课时晕倒了 |
[04:10] | – What do you teach? – History. | -你教什么 -历史 |
[04:12] | I got a little dizzy because I skipped breakfast. | 我没吃早饭 所以有点晕 |
[04:14] | I-it’s nothing. | 没事 |
[04:15] | The school insisted on calling an ambulance. | 学校坚持要叫救护车 |
[04:18] | Taken any medications in the last few months? | 最近几个月有吃什么药吗 |
[04:21] | Uh, I took some Vicodin | 六周前背突然很痛 |
[04:22] | after I threw out my back six weeks ago, | 我就吃了点维柯丁[止痛药] |
[04:25] | and then I had a stomach flu, so I took Ofloxacin. | 之后又得了肠胃感冒 就吃了氧氟沙星 |
[04:29] | But the flu part didn’t totally go away, | 但感冒没全治好 |
[04:31] | so I took Azithromycin and Prednisone | 又吃了阿奇霉素和强的松 |
[04:34] | because my glands were swollen. | 因为腺体肿了 |
[04:36] | But I still had a sore throat, so I took some Cipro. | 但我的喉咙还很痛 所以吃了环丙沙星 |
[04:41] | What doctor prescribed you all that? | 哪个医生给你开的这些药 |
[04:43] | Uh, they were leftovers I had in my medicine cabinet. | 都是我药柜里剩下的 |
[04:48] | All right, lay back for me. | 好 请躺下 |
[04:52] | Look, I’m a single dad with twins | 我是带着双胞胎的单身父亲 |
[04:54] | who bring home every disgusting germ they touch at preschool. | 他们会把在学校接触到的可怕细菌带回家里 |
[04:59] | I can’t afford to miss work. | 我不上班就没收入 |
[05:02] | You’ve got a fever and you’ve gone through two IVs | 你发烧了 还输过两次液 |
[05:05] | which tells me that you’re severely dehydrated. | 所以我判断你严重脱水了 |
[05:07] | You can’t stand me touching your stomach without wincing in pain. | 我摸你的胃部时 你会有绞痛感 |
[05:10] | Dr. Reznick, let’s get Mr. Shaw here an ultrasound. | 雷兹尼克医生 给肖先生做超声波 |
[05:15] | – We’ve been trying for while. – Five months. | -我们试了一段时间 -五个月 |
[05:17] | I realize my prime egg days were two decades ago, | 我的最佳排卵期是二十年前 |
[05:19] | but I’ve been vigilant. | 但我一直很注意 |
[05:20] | Ovulation kits, LH and FSH testing, | 试过排卵试纸 促黄体生成素和促卵泡激素测试 |
[05:23] | basal body temp. | 基础体温 |
[05:24] | I’ve checked my estradiol and AMH levels. | 也检查过雌二醇和抗穆勒氏荷尔蒙水平 |
[05:26] | The old-fashioned way wasn’t working. | 传统方法没用 |
[05:28] | Okay, well, there are a lot of possibilities to consider. | 好 有很多种可能 |
[05:31] | Many benign, many easily corrected. | 很多是良性的 很多容易治疗 |
[05:34] | So I will take some samples from you both, | 我会给你俩采个样 |
[05:36] | run some tests, we go from there. | 做测试 到时再说 |
[05:38] | There’s a clock. | 时间紧迫 |
[05:39] | We need to know – if we start with IUI or IVF… | 我们想知道如果做人工授精或试管受精 |
[05:41] | Both of you — you need to stop worrying. | 你们俩不用担心 |
[05:45] | Isabel, you are not the first 40-something woman | 伊莎贝尔 你不是第一个来这问这些的 |
[05:47] | to come here and ask these questions. | 四十几岁的女人 |
[05:49] | Myself included. | 我也如此 |
[05:52] | You came to me – because you trust me, yes? | 你们来找我 是因为相信我吧 |
[05:54] | Right. So let me do what I do, | 对 按照我的程序来 |
[05:57] | and you two focus on each other. | 你们专注彼此就行 |
[06:02] | We’re a team, babe. | 我们有彼此 宝贝 |
[06:03] | In this together, all right? | 共同面对 好吗 |
[06:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[06:17] | I’m afraid, Howard, your appendix has already ruptured. | 霍华德 你的阑尾恐怕已经破裂了 |
[06:21] | Book an OR stat and page Melendez. | 立刻安排手术室 呼叫梅伦德斯 |
[06:22] | Wait. I need to figure out who’s gonna take care of my kids, | 等等 我得想想谁来照顾我的孩子 |
[06:25] | call the school so they can get subs for my classes. | 还要通知学校找人给我代课 |
[06:27] | Mr. Shaw, if we don’t get you into surgery now, | 肖先生 如果现在不做手术 |
[06:29] | your infection could spread and you could become septic. | 感染会扩散 你会感染性休克 |
[06:32] | Dr. Browne will make all the necessary phone calls | 布朗医生会打电话通知到相关人员 |
[06:34] | while I prep you for surgery. | 我给你准备手术 |
[06:35] | Isn’t that so, Dr. Browne? | 对吧 布朗医生 |
[06:39] | You’re in good hands, Mr. Shaw. | 我们会照顾好你的 肖先生 |
[06:41] | We’ve got you covered. | 交给我们吧 |
[06:42] | Let’s go. | 走 |
[06:51] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:53] | Do you wear dresses? | 你穿裙子吗 |
[06:54] | Murphy, don’t. | 莫菲 闭嘴 |
[06:56] | Quinn is a boy who thinks he’s a girl. | 奎因是自认为是女孩的男孩 |
[06:59] | I want to know why he thinks that. | 我想知道他那样认为的原因 |
[07:01] | Sometimes I wear dresses, but sometimes I wear leggings. | 我有时穿裙子 有时穿紧身裤 |
[07:04] | Do you like the color pink? | 你喜欢粉色吗 |
[07:08] | I’m more of a purple girl. | 我更喜欢紫色 |
[07:09] | – Do you play with dolls? – Since I was 5, but I’m super into mermaids. | -你玩娃娃吗 -从五岁起 我就超迷美人鱼 |
[07:13] | Do you take dance — | 你上舞蹈… |
[07:14] | Murphy, 20 questions are up. | 莫菲 到「二十问」了 |
[07:16] | I only asked four. | 我才问了四个 |
[07:17] | – Do you wear perfume? – It doesn’t matter. | -你喷香水吗 -无关紧要 |
[07:18] | The CT’s ready. Let’s go. | CT准备好了 走吧 |
[07:19] | – Do you always paint your nails? – Let’s go. | -你总会涂指甲吗 -走吧 |
[07:32] | Perforated appendix is out. | 穿孔的阑尾取出来了 |
[07:34] | Lavage or no lavage. | 清洗还是不清洗 |
[07:36] | Dr. Browne. | 布朗医生 |
[07:37] | Lavage before closing the wound | 伤口缝合前清洗 |
[07:39] | decreases residual fluid accumulation | 会降低残余的积液 |
[07:41] | – and minimizes residual contamination. – Claire’s right. | -减少残余污染 -克莱尔说得对 |
[07:44] | Although, a recent study documented a higher abscess rate | 但最近研究指出穿孔阑尾炎手术进行了冲洗 |
[07:47] | when irrigation was used for perforated appendicitis. | 脓肿的几率会更高 |
[07:49] | Well, someone did their homework. | 有人做功课了 |
[07:51] | I’m partial to AMSURG | 自从《美国外科学》发表了我的论文后 |
[07:52] | since they published me. | 我就很爱看了 |
[07:54] | As a medical student? | 以医学生的身份 |
[07:55] | It was about the cost and stabilization of disease | 是关于经导管主动脉瓣置换手术 |
[07:58] | in patients undergoing transcatheter | 主动脉瓣置换手术 |
[07:59] | and surgical aortic valve replacement. | 费用和稳定病情的论文 |
[08:01] | Are you thinking of specializing in cardio-thoracic? | 你想专门从事心胸外科吗 |
[08:03] | A girl can dream. | 女生总可以幻想一下吧 |
[08:06] | Staple up and close up. | 进行缝合吧 |
[08:11] | It’s, uh — | 其实 |
[08:12] | it’s good to have you on board, Morgan. | 你能加入我很开心 摩根 |
[08:14] | It’s great to have another female surgeon. | 能有另一位外科女医生真好 |
[08:20] | I’m sorry, | 对不起 |
[08:20] | you and I are not gonna be friends, | 我们做不成朋友 |
[08:23] | hanging out, having sleepovers, | 一起出去玩 一起过夜 |
[08:24] | braiding each other’s hair. | 互相编辫子 |
[08:26] | That’s not exactly – where I was going with it. | 我其实并没有这个意思 |
[08:29] | When residency’s over, | 等实习期结束 |
[08:30] | the hospital’s likely only keeping two of us. | 医院可能只会在我们中留下两人 |
[08:32] | Shaun is Glassman’s pet project, so he’s in. | 肖恩有格拉斯曼的喜爱 他肯定进 |
[08:35] | Jared is persona non grata, so he’s out. | 杰瑞德不受欢迎 他肯定出局 |
[08:37] | Which means every time you win, I lose. | 这意味每次你胜利了我就会输 |
[08:39] | And vice versa. | 反之亦然 |
[08:45] | Thanks for the heads up. | 感谢提醒 |
[08:57] | Do you think he’s complicated or confused? | 你认为他是复杂还是困惑呢 |
[09:02] | Dude, you’ve got to quit calling her a “He.” | 兄弟 别再称呼她为「他」 |
[09:04] | We’re never going to win this competition | 如果你不尊敬我们的病人 |
[09:06] | with you disrespecting our patient. | 我们永远没法成功 |
[09:07] | – Don’t they have transgender people in Wyoming? – Okay. | -在怀俄明州没有变性人吗 -好吧 |
[09:10] | Transgender patient care | 治疗变性人 |
[09:12] | was not part of my – medical school curriculum. | 不在我上的医学院授课范围内 |
[09:15] | Was it part of yours? | 你学过吗 |
[09:18] | No. | 没有 |
[09:24] | Quinn doesn’t have appendicitis. | 奎因没有阑尾炎 |
[09:27] | He has testicular cancer. | 他有睾丸癌 |
[09:33] | She. | 她 |
[09:38] | We found a mass on Quinn’s left testicle. | 我们在奎因左侧睾丸上发现一个肿瘤 |
[09:42] | She has cancer, but — | 她得了癌症 但是 |
[09:43] | – Am I gonna die? – No, no. | -我要死了吗 -不会 |
[09:45] | Prognosis is very good. | 预后情况很好 |
[09:46] | We’ve caught it before it spread, | 我们在它扩散前发现了它 |
[09:47] | and we’ll do surgery on the mass to remove it. | 我们通过手术移除肿瘤 |
[09:49] | The CT also showed he has osteopenia. | CT也显示出他骨质缺乏 |
[09:53] | Murphy, stop with the “He.” | 莫菲 不许再说「他」 |
[09:58] | Quinnie, it’s your mom. | 奎妮 是你妈妈 |
[09:59] | I — I have to — | 我得去… |
[10:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:04] | Osteopenia. | 骨质缺乏 |
[10:05] | – That’s low bone density, right? – Yeah. | -指骨密度低是吗 -是的 |
[10:07] | How’d you know that? | 你怎么会知道 |
[10:09] | Do you know how I got cancer? | 你知道我为什么会得癌症吗 |
[10:11] | There are several – possible causes, but I — | 有几个可能原因 但是我… |
[10:12] | – Microlithiasis, mumps, hypospadias — – Murphy. | -微石症腮腺炎尿道下裂 -莫菲 |
[10:15] | Intraepithelial germ cell neoplasia, | 上皮生殖细胞肿瘤 |
[10:17] | inguinal hernia, HIV — | 腹股沟疝 艾滋病 |
[10:19] | Murphy. Enough. | 莫菲 够了 |
[10:22] | Your parents are on their way here. | 你的父母马上就来了 |
[10:23] | Um, they just told me — | 他们刚告诉我 |
[10:26] | Quinn, are you on puberty blockers? | 奎因你在服用发育阻断剂吗 |
[10:31] | That’s the likely cause of the osteopenia. | 这是骨质缺乏的可能原因 |
[10:33] | Are you taking leuprorelin or histrelin? | 你在服用亮丙瑞林或组胺瑞林吗 |
[10:35] | I’ve been leuprorelin for nine months. | 我服用亮丙瑞林九个月了 |
[10:37] | Why didn’t you say anything earlier? | 你怎么不早说 |
[10:40] | Because my parents didn’t want my grandma to know. | 因为我父母不想让我奶奶知道 |
[10:47] | Looks like he has an abscess. | 看起来他有个脓肿 |
[10:49] | You have an infection. | 你被感染了 |
[10:50] | We’ll drain it, put you on antibiotics. | 我们会弄掉它 给你服用抗生素 |
[10:52] | It’s nothing to worry about. | 不用担心 |
[10:53] | It just means – you might be in the hospital | 只是你得在医院 |
[10:54] | a couple of extra nights. | 多待几个晚上 |
[10:55] | I — I can’t spend a couple of extra nights. | 我不能多待几个晚上 |
[10:57] | I need to get out of here. | 我得出去 |
[10:59] | Are you worried about your kids? | 你是担心自己的孩子吗 |
[11:01] | Well, they’re with my sister, they’re safe, | 他们和我姐姐在一起 很安全 |
[11:03] | but they’ve never spent a night without me | 但他们从没离开过我一晚 |
[11:05] | since they were born. | 自从他们出生后 |
[11:06] | Well, then consider this a blessing. | 那把这次当作是赐福吧 |
[11:08] | A free vacation from your kids. | 没有孩子 给自己放个假 |
[11:10] | They’re my life. | 他们是我的生命 |
[11:15] | My wife died of ovarian cancer last year. | 我妻子去年死于卵巢癌 |
[11:22] | I… | 我 |
[11:23] | I hate hospitals. | 我讨厌医院 |
[11:25] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[11:27] | Why don’t I find a laptop | 不然我找个电脑过来 |
[11:29] | so you can Skype with them? | 你可以和孩子们视频 |
[11:31] | And I’ll rustle up a couple of toy bears from Peds | 我再从小儿科弄几个玩具熊来 |
[11:35] | for you to take home. | 给你带回家 |
[11:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:40] | I want to reassure you | 我得提醒你 |
[11:42] | that the puberty blockers | 发育阻断剂 |
[11:43] | are in no way responsible for causing cancer. | 不会导致你的癌症 |
[11:45] | The leuprorelin did cause your osteopenia. | 亮丙瑞林确实导致了你的骨质缺乏 |
[11:48] | Does this mean I have to stop taking puberty blockers? | 意思是我不能再服用发育阻断剂了吗 |
[11:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:51] | We’ll get you on dietary supplements | 我们会给你膳食补充剂 |
[11:53] | to help regain your bone strength, | 帮助增强你的骨质 |
[11:54] | but the puberty blockers are hurting you. | 但是发育阻断剂在伤害你 |
[11:56] | You’ll be fine without them. | 没有它们你会好起来的 |
[11:58] | Fine? | 会好的 |
[12:00] | I — I don’t want an Adam’s apple | 我不想要喉结 |
[12:02] | or a deep voice – or hair all over my body. | 低沉的嗓音和全身长毛 |
[12:04] | You can’t reverse that, can you? | 你们不能让这些再发生 对吧 |
[12:07] | No, I’m afraid not. | 恐怕不行 |
[12:17] | Girls have body hair, too. | 女孩子也会有体毛 |
[12:28] | Toy bears, Skype with kids — | 玩具熊 和孩子视频 |
[12:31] | you’ve got game. | 你很上道 |
[12:34] | “Game”? | 「上道」 |
[12:35] | I believe the name for what I did | 我相信我的所作所为 |
[12:36] | is “Basic human decency.” | 叫作「基本品格」 |
[12:39] | Everyone has an agenda. | 每个人都有目的 |
[12:41] | Sometimes it’s conscious, sometimes it’s not, | 有时是有意的 有时不是 |
[12:43] | but it’s always there. | 但它一直存在 |
[12:44] | And you’ve got this whole “Queen of kindness” thing down pat. | 而「仁慈之母」是你的常态 |
[12:48] | Awfully cynical for someone so young. | 这么年轻就如此愤世嫉俗 |
[12:50] | Mm, not cynical. | 并不是愤世嫉俗 |
[12:51] | Just the reality of how the world works. | 这只是世界运作的现实 |
[12:54] | It’s Howard. | 是霍华德 |
[12:56] | He spiked a fever, temp’s 105. | 他突发高烧 40℃ |
[12:59] | BP’s tanking, 80 over 40. | 血压急速下降 80/40 |
[13:00] | He’s soiled his sheets. | 床单脏了 |
[13:01] | Site’s clean. Infection should be clearing by now. | 伤口很干净 感染现在应该结束了 |
[13:04] | – What’s going on? – I don’t know. | -怎么回事 -我不知道 |
[13:05] | Page Melendez. | 呼叫梅伦德斯 |
[13:06] | Give me 500 milligrams acetaminophen, | 给我五百毫克的扑热息痛 |
[13:08] | 2 grams of meropenem IV infusion empirically. | 两克美罗培南静脉注射 |
[13:10] | Run a chem panel, CBC, and get cultures ASAP. | 做血液化验和全血细胞计数马上送去培养 |
[13:13] | Hang in there, Howard. | 撑住 霍华德 |
[13:14] | We’re gonna figure this out. | 我们会弄明白的 |
[13:24] | Any word on Quinn Darby’s labs? | 奎因·达比的化验出结果了吗 |
[13:26] | Big backup today. Nothing much I can do. | 今天太忙了 我无能为力 |
[13:28] | Text you when they’re ready. | 好了给你发短信 |
[13:29] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[13:32] | Hey, Gus. | 你好 格斯 |
[13:33] | I saw raspberry and rose petal doughnuts | 我今天在自助餐厅看见了树莓 |
[13:35] | in the cafeteria today. | 加玫瑰花瓣甜甜圈 |
[13:36] | Got you the last one. | 给你买了最后一份 |
[13:38] | You remembered. | 你还记得 |
[13:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:41] | Howard Shaw’s labs. | 霍华德·肖的化验结果 |
[13:43] | – I put a rush on them for you. – You’re the best. | -我为你加急了化验 -你最好了 |
[13:47] | Why did you give Gus a doughnut? | 你为什么给格斯一个甜甜圈 |
[13:51] | I was being nice. | 出于好意 |
[13:53] | I needed my patient’s labs expedited. | 我急需病人的化验结果 |
[13:54] | – Gus likes doughnuts. – It’s called bribery. | -格斯喜欢甜甜圈 -你这是贿赂 |
[13:57] | I call it “Basic human decency.” | 我这是「基本品格」 |
[14:01] | See you later. | 再见 |
[14:07] | Howard has a superbug. | 霍华德感染了超级病菌 |
[14:10] | A C. Diff infection? | 艰难梭状芽胞杆菌感染 |
[14:11] | It’s resistant to all medication. | 抗拒任何药物 |
[14:17] | Quinn’s pre-op labs are normal, | 奎因的术前化验结果正常 |
[14:18] | so we can do the surgery first thing in the morning. | 明天一早我们就能做手术 |
[14:20] | The procedure is called a radical inguinal orchiectomy. | 手术为腹股沟睾丸根治切除术 |
[14:24] | It’s radical in that the entire cancerous testicle is removed. | 能根治是因为生癌的睾丸会被整个移除 |
[14:29] | All functionality will remain the same. | 功能性不会改变 |
[14:31] | Quinn should be able to resume her normal activities in one or two weeks. | 奎因一到两个礼拜后就能恢复正常活动 |
[14:34] | See? Baby, that’s good news. | 听见了吧宝贝 是好消息 |
[14:36] | No, not really. | 并不是 |
[14:37] | Without the puberty blockers, | 失去了发育阻断剂 |
[14:38] | I’ll be the freak in ballet with a mustache. | 我会成为芭蕾里一个有胡子的怪物 |
[14:40] | Aren’t there any other options? | 没有其他选择了吗 |
[14:43] | I wish there were — | 我希望有 |
[14:43] | If we do a bilateral orchiectomy, | 如果我们做双侧睾丸根治切除术 |
[14:46] | Quinn will have the testosterone level of a girl. | 奎因会达到女性的睾酮水平 |
[14:48] | We are not removing both testicles. | 我们不会移除双侧睾丸 |
[14:51] | You want to castrate my grandson? | 你是要阉了我的孙子吗 |
[14:53] | No. | 不 |
[14:55] | I’m so sorry – for Dr. Murphy’s outburst. | 对于莫菲医生的言语我很抱歉 |
[14:58] | I’m gonna have gender confirmation surgery | 反正我都会做性别确认手术 |
[15:00] | when I’m 18 anyway. | 等我十八岁 |
[15:01] | Why not just do it now. | 为什么不现在做 |
[15:06] | Quinn is a child | 奎因还是个孩子 |
[15:08] | who still plays dress-up and make-believe. | 还在玩换装和假扮游戏 |
[15:12] | He may want to have children of his own some day. | 也许有天他会想要自己的孩子 |
[15:16] | We’ll give you some privacy. | 我们给你们点私人空间 |
[15:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:23] | I will not allow you — | 我不允许你们 |
[15:24] | It’s not up to you. | 不是你来决定的 |
[15:28] | You are making me doubt the wisdom of drafting you, Murphy. | 你现在让我很怀疑选你是否明智 莫菲 |
[15:30] | If you go around saying inflammatory things to people, | 如果你随便对病人说煽动性的言语 |
[15:33] | it will only upset them. | 只会让他们烦恼 |
[15:34] | How will I know if I said something inflammatory | 我怎么知道自己说了煽动性语 |
[15:37] | until I say it? | 如果我不说出口 |
[15:39] | Test it on Kalu first. | 先拿卡卢试试 |
[15:41] | Which you can do while the two of you prep an SDA for this case. | 你们可以为这个病案准备共享决策援助的时候试试 |
[15:46] | An SDA? | 共享决策援助 |
[15:46] | A Shared Decision Aid | 共享决策援助 |
[15:48] | is a paper presenting the pros and cons | 就是将这个艰难决策的正反面 |
[15:50] | – of making a difficult — I know what it is, Murphy. | -呈现… -我知道那是什么 莫菲 |
[15:52] | But why am I being punished? | 但是为什么我要被惩罚 |
[15:54] | It’s not a punishment, it’s necessary. | 这不是惩罚 这是必要的步骤 |
[15:55] | It’ll help Quinn’s family | 能帮助奎因的家人 |
[15:56] | understand all the options available to them for her care. | 明白在奎因的问题上他们所有可能的选择 |
[15:59] | Understood? | 明白了吗 |
[16:01] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[16:05] | The stool culture and sensitivity test | 粪便培养和灵敏试验 |
[16:07] | indicate that you’re resistant to every antibiotic. | 都表明你对所有抗生素都有耐药性 |
[16:10] | Which only happens when you’ve been exposed | 这只可能发生在你使用过 |
[16:11] | to every antibiotic. | 所有抗生素的情况下 |
[16:12] | I — I did this to myself? | 我 是我自己造成的 |
[16:17] | But I’ve used those medications before without a problem. | 但是我以前服用这些药并没有问题 |
[16:19] | Why did this happen now? | 现在怎么出问题了 |
[16:23] | You weren’t under a doctor’s care, | 你没有看医生 |
[16:24] | so you were likely taking the wrong medication | 所以你很有可能因为错误的症状 |
[16:26] | for the wrong symptoms. | 服用了错误的药物 |
[16:28] | But you can fix this, right? | 但是你们可以治好的 对吗 |
[16:29] | We’re gonna have to perform a colostomy | 我们得做一个结肠造口术 |
[16:32] | where we attach an ostomy pouching system to your abdomen | 将造瘘袋系统连接到你的腹部 |
[16:34] | to collect waste from your body. | 来收集你体内的排泄物 |
[16:37] | For how long? | 多久 |
[16:38] | Well, with the level of damage | 根据我们看到的 |
[16:39] | we’re seeing throughout the colon, indefinitely. | 整个结肠的损伤情况 是无限期的 |
[16:44] | I’m so sorry, Howard. | 我们很遗憾 霍华德 |
[16:54] | I don’t understand | 我不明白 |
[16:55] | why you’d suggest the bilateral orchiectomy | 你为什么要建议做双侧睾丸切除术 |
[16:57] | when you don’t even believe Quinn’s a girl. | 而你甚至都不相信奎因是个女孩 |
[16:59] | I was answering Dr. Lim’s question. | 我是在回答利姆医生的问题 |
[17:01] | She said there were no other options, | 她说没有别的选择 |
[17:03] | but I found one. | 但是我找到了一个 |
[17:05] | And now we’re here. | 现在我们在这 |
[17:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:09] | You’re actually enjoying this scut work, aren’t you? | 你还挺享受干杂活的 是吗 |
[17:11] | Yes. We are being helpful. | 是的 我们有帮上忙 |
[17:15] | We’re not doing this to be helpful, Murphy. | 我们做这个不是在帮忙 莫菲 |
[17:17] | We’re doing this because you pissed off Lim, | 我们做这个是因为你惹利姆生气了 |
[17:19] | and I’m collateral damage. | 而我是附带伤害 |
[17:22] | We’re still being helpful. | 我们还是有帮上忙 |
[17:28] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[17:30] | Doesn’t matter, competition’s over. | 无所谓了 比赛结束了 |
[17:32] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[17:34] | We’re in here and not with the patient. | 我们在这里而不是和病人在一起 |
[17:35] | No face time plus you calling her a “He” | 没有交流的时间 你还称呼她为「他」 |
[17:37] | equals crappy survey scores. | 也就等同于调查得分很糟糕 |
[17:39] | It’s okay. It’s a game. | 没关系的 只是场游戏 |
[17:41] | – It’s not important. – It is to me. | -不重要的 -对我来说很重要 |
[17:47] | I’m a pariah. | 我是个弃民 |
[17:50] | These scores are part of our resident evaluation. | 这些得分是我们住院医评测的一部分 |
[17:52] | Our jobs depend on them. | 我们的工作就指望着这些得分了 |
[17:54] | Mine does, at least. | 至少我的是 |
[18:01] | Then we should do this scut work very well. | 那我们应该把这杂活做得特别好 |
[18:16] | Finola called. | 菲诺拉打过电话了 |
[18:18] | She found an irregularity with one of the tests | 她发现咱俩的测试中有一个人的有异常 |
[18:20] | but wants to re-run it to be sure. | 但想再测一次确定一下 |
[18:22] | Okay, so we wait until she re-runs it. | 好 那我们就等她重测 |
[18:26] | Marcus, we’re both doctors. | 马库斯 我们都是医生 |
[18:29] | The results aren’t gonna change. | 结果不会变的 |
[18:34] | I waited too long. | 我等了太久了 |
[18:38] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[18:44] | This is the part where you say, | 现在应该是你说 |
[18:45] | “No, babe, it isn’t.” | 「不 宝贝 不是你的错」的时候了 |
[18:46] | You had goals, other priorities. | 你有你的目标 其他要优先的东西 |
[18:50] | You said you supported my career choices, | 你说你支持我的职业选择的 |
[18:52] | just like I supported yours. | 就像我支持你的一样 |
[18:54] | I do support you. Always. | 我支持你 永远都支持 |
[18:56] | And I am so proud of you. | 我很为你骄傲 |
[18:58] | But it came at a cost | 但这是我们都知道 |
[19:00] | that we both knew was possible. | 可能会产生的代价 |
[19:02] | – We should have started trying sooner. – When? | -我们应该早点尝试的 -什么时候 |
[19:05] | When you were 3,000 miles away teaching at Dartmouth? | 当你在三千英里远的达特茅斯教书的时候 |
[19:07] | Or, what, when you were chasing down head of surgery? | 还是什么 你在争取当上外科主任的时候 |
[19:09] | – We would have figured it out. – “Figuring it out” | -我们本可以搞定的 -「搞定」 |
[19:11] | would have meant me and a nanny raising a baby. | 意味着我和保姆一起养孩子 |
[19:13] | I didn’t want that. | 我不想那样 |
[19:14] | I tried to bring it up four years ago, | 我四年前就想说了 |
[19:15] | but you wanted to get your practice up and running. | 但你想要提升自己 |
[19:17] | A baby didn’t fit in that picture, either. | 孩子也不在当时的计划内 |
[19:19] | It is not the same. | 那不一样 |
[19:20] | How many pregnant women get hired for anything? | 有多少怀孕的女人会被雇佣 |
[19:22] | Or when they find out a woman’s got a child at home, | 又或者当他们发现一个女人家里有个孩子 |
[19:24] | suddenly it’s all “Who’s gonna take care of the baby?” | 突然间就都是「谁来照顾孩子」 |
[19:26] | No one asks men that question. | 没人会问男人这个问题 |
[19:28] | Yeah, well, none of it matters now. | 是啊 现在都不重要了 |
[19:31] | Right? Because it’s probably too late. | 好吗 因为可能已经太晚了 |
[19:33] | And I knew it. | 我早就知道 |
[19:33] | I knew this was gonna happen. | 我知道会发生这样的情况 |
[19:37] | You’ve been stewing over this. | 你一直在想这件事 |
[19:40] | Resenting me. For how long? | 恨着我 多久了 |
[19:42] | I don’t resent you, Is. | 我不恨你 宝贝 |
[19:44] | But, you know, if you want me to sit here | 但是如果你想让我坐下来 |
[19:47] | and tell you that it’s not your fault, | 告诉你那不是你的错 |
[19:50] | I — I can’t do that, I’m sorry. | 我 我做不到 对不起 |
[20:12] | You like? | 你喜欢吗 |
[20:13] | That door was locked. | 门是锁着的 |
[20:15] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[20:17] | The cable guy had a cancellation, | 装有线的家伙那里有个人取消了预定 |
[20:18] | so he hooked me up, got us a two-for-one. | 所以他给我连接了线路 买一赠一 |
[20:21] | Little thanks for being so chill earlier. | 作为之前的感谢 |
[20:24] | Gracias, amigo. | 谢谢 朋友 |
[20:32] | So, what kind of doctor are you? | 你是个什么医生 |
[20:36] | I’m a surgeon. | 外科医生 |
[20:38] | A surgeon? | 外科医生 |
[20:39] | Your stuff doesn’t say surgeon, does it? | 你的这些东西可看不出来你是个外科医生 是吗 |
[20:42] | It’s like, uh, Selena and Justin. | 就像赛琳娜和贾斯汀 |
[20:46] | It doesn’t really go together. | 不是真的在一起 |
[20:49] | Furniture’s from, like, a dozen different places. | 家俱像是从很多不同的地方弄来的 |
[20:50] | 14 Fourteen. | |
[20:52] | 14 Fourteen. | |
[20:53] | The people in Casper knew I didn’t have any money, | 卡斯珀的人知道我没钱 |
[20:57] | so they gave me things to make a home. | 所以他们给了我些东西来把家修整好 |
[20:59] | The bookshelf is from Jennifer, | 书架是珍妮弗给的 |
[21:02] | the town librarian. | 她是市图书馆管理员 |
[21:04] | My table and chairs are from Mr. Grady’s diner. | 我的桌子和椅子格雷迪先生的餐厅的 |
[21:07] | The lamp is from Sheryl | 灯是雪儿的 |
[21:09] | who teaches Sunday school at Highland Church. | 她在高地教堂的主日学校教书 |
[21:11] | Dr. Glassman, he got me my bed. | 格拉斯曼医生给我的床 |
[21:13] | Well, you don’t have to tell me the whole list, but… | 你不用把整个赠送表都告诉我 但… |
[21:18] | Okay. Yes. | 好吧 是的 |
[21:20] | Everything I have works. | 我拥有的一切都能用 |
[21:21] | There is no need to change it. | 没必要换了 |
[21:23] | Respect. | 厉害 |
[21:46] | I’m Dr. Glassman. | 我是格拉斯曼医生 |
[21:47] | I’m the president of the hospital. | 我是医院的院长 |
[21:48] | Is everything okay? | 一切都还好吗 |
[21:50] | Sit down. | 坐 |
[21:53] | There has been no change in Quinn’s condition. | 奎因的状况没什么改变 |
[21:56] | However, her grandmother has made a claim of child abuse | 然而 她外婆指控 |
[22:01] | against you and your husband. | 你和你丈夫虐待儿童 |
[22:03] | She’s claiming that putting Quinn on puberty blockers — | 她说让奎因服用青春期阻滞剂… |
[22:08] | and these are her words, | 这是她的原话 |
[22:10] | “Making her think that being trans is okay” — | 「让她觉得做个跨性别者也可以」 |
[22:14] | is a form of emotional and physical abuse. | 是对情感和身体的虐待 |
[22:20] | Now, just to be clear, | 说明一下 |
[22:22] | we don’t believe any of these allegations | 我们不认为这些指控 |
[22:23] | have any merit whatsoever. | 有什么价值 |
[22:25] | I know my mom, okay? | 我了解我妈 好吗 |
[22:26] | She’s not gonna drop this. | 她不会放弃的 |
[22:28] | She’ll go to court. | 她会去法院 |
[22:29] | Could she get custody? | 她会得到抚养权吗 |
[22:31] | Well, she could try, but, uh, Dr. Lim would testify. | 她可以试试 但是利姆医生会作证的 |
[22:36] | They could put her in a foster home. | 他们会把她放到寄养家庭的 |
[22:38] | Ty, she won’t make it. | 泰 她撑不过去的 |
[22:40] | If we let Quinn do the surgery she wants now, | 如果我们现在就让奎因做她想做的手术 |
[22:43] | it’ll all be over. | 就都结束了 |
[22:45] | There will be no reason for Ruth to fight us. | 鲁思就没理由告我们了 |
[22:53] | Do what Quinn wants. | 做奎因想要的 |
[22:55] | Do the bilateral surgery. | 做那个双侧睾丸切除术 |
[23:06] | There is an issue. | 有个问题 |
[23:08] | Your tests confirmed abnormalities in the semen parameters. | 你的检验结果证实了你的精液参数异常 |
[23:16] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[23:17] | The semen analysis. | 精液分析 |
[23:18] | It showed that you have a low sperm count and low motility. | 结果显示你的精子数量和活力都很低 |
[23:22] | It’s my fault? | 是我的错 |
[23:23] | No. | 不 |
[23:24] | We — we do not speak in terms of fault. | 我们 我们不用「错」这样的字眼 |
[23:29] | 15% of all couples struggle with infertility, | 百分之十五的夫妇深受不孕烦恼 |
[23:31] | and of those, 50% have a male factor component. | 在那之中 有一半是男方的原因 |
[23:36] | It’s not great news, but it’s not a dead end. | 不是好消息 但也不是没希望了 |
[23:38] | So what’s the next step? | 那下一步怎么办 |
[23:39] | I’m gonna refer you to Dr. Arjun Dhillon. | 我会为你们引见阿琼·迪隆医生 |
[23:43] | He’s an excellent urologist, | 他是杰出的泌尿专家 |
[23:44] | and he’ll give Marcus a — a full physical, | 他会给马库斯做个全面的检查 |
[23:46] | do some blood work, and an ultrasound. | 做血检 超声 |
[23:49] | That can’t be right. | 不可能啊 |
[23:50] | – Marcus. – It can’t be right. | -马库斯 -不可能啊 |
[23:51] | Marcus. We got this. | 马库斯 我们可以解决的 |
[23:53] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[23:54] | We’re gonna get through this together. | 我们会一起挺过去的 |
[24:05] | Why didn’t you tell me Howard’s labs came back? | 为什么不告诉我霍华德的化验结果出来了 |
[24:07] | I should have been there when you broke the bad news to him. | 当你把坏消息告诉他的时候我本该在场的 |
[24:09] | So Melendez could see your touching bedside manner. | 这样梅伦德斯就能看到你同情病人的样子 |
[24:12] | It doesn’t matter anyway. | 不管怎样无所谓了 |
[24:13] | Oh, it doesn’t? How the hell not? | 无所谓 怎么会无所谓 |
[24:16] | The poor guy’s getting a colostomy. | 那个可怜的家伙要做结肠造口术 |
[24:18] | There’s no way we’re winning this competition. | 我们不可能赢这场比赛的 |
[24:21] | You really have no sympathy | 你真的一点都不同情 |
[24:23] | for what Howard’s going through? | 霍华德的遭遇吗 |
[24:24] | It’s a major bummer, no doubt. | 的确很惨 |
[24:26] | But we don’t have time to get emotionally invested | 但是我们没时间对每个治疗的病患 |
[24:28] | in every patient that we treat. | 都投入那么多感情 |
[24:30] | Our job is to go in, do the surgery, | 我们的工作就是 进手术室 做手术 |
[24:32] | and get out. | 然后出来 |
[24:33] | Afterwards — his poop, someone else’s poop — | 在那之后 他的粪便或是其他什么人的粪便 |
[24:37] | it’s not our problem. | 都不关我们的事 |
[24:39] | Hey, well, wait. | 等等 |
[24:41] | What if we could get Howard a fecal microbiota transplant? | 如果我们给霍华德做一个粪便菌群移植呢 |
[24:46] | FMT for a surgical case? | 将粪便菌群移植应用于外科病例 |
[24:47] | Theoretically, we transfer healthy feces to him, | 理论上 我们把健康人的粪便移植给他 |
[24:50] | it restores good flora to the body, | 这样可以让重建他机体的微生物群落 |
[24:51] | kills off the CDI, | 清除艰难梭菌感染 |
[24:53] | and he avoids surgery all together. | 这样他就不用做任何手术了 |
[24:56] | We could actually win this thing. | 这主意听上去可行 |
[24:59] | I’m gonna pull all the research before pitching it to Melendez. | 在请示梅伦德斯前我要把相关文献全都查一遍 |
[25:05] | So, this meeting is called | 这次的会议名叫 |
[25:07] | a Challenging Patient Consultation Process. | 疑难患者会诊 |
[25:10] | The name sucks, | 这名字真烂 |
[25:10] | but there are things about it I do like. | 但是这次会议的某些部分我还是挺喜欢的 |
[25:14] | All you got to do is talk and listen | 你们要做的就是交流 倾听 |
[25:18] | and try to understand each other. | 并且试着相互理解 |
[25:20] | What’s to understand? | 有什么好理解的 |
[25:21] | Ruth accused us of being child abusers. | 鲁思指控我们虐待儿童 |
[25:23] | And what’s to discuss? | 有什么可讨论的 |
[25:24] | We are Quinn’s parents. | 我们是奎因的父母 |
[25:25] | We get to make her medical decisions. | 我们可以替她做医疗决定 |
[25:27] | What if Quinnie’s better off as a boy? | 如果奎妮更适合做男生呢 |
[25:29] | You have no idea – what Quinn has been through. | 你根本就不知道奎因经历过什么 |
[25:32] | Every kid – goes through rough patches. | 每个孩子都会经历困难 |
[25:35] | Every kid is confused. | 每个孩子都会感到迷茫 |
[25:37] | Quinn has always told us exactly who she was, ever since she was 3. | 奎因从三岁起 她就能清楚地告诉我们她是谁 |
[25:40] | So you let Quinn play with dolls. | 所以你就让奎因玩洋娃娃 |
[25:42] | Big deal. | 真了不起啊 |
[25:43] | You don’t make life-altering decisions | 你不愿做出改变人生的重大决定 |
[25:45] | because a child wants to be a princess. | 就因为孩子想做小公主 |
[25:52] | We used to let Quinn do whatever she wanted at home. | 我们让奎因在家随心所欲 |
[25:55] | But when she went out in public, | 但是当她在外面的时候 |
[25:58] | we made her present as a boy. | 我们让她表现出男孩子的行为举止 |
[26:02] | It felt false to her. | 这样对她不公平 |
[26:04] | She hated it. | 她不喜欢这样 |
[26:06] | She hated herself. | 她讨厌她自己 |
[26:07] | She became reclusive, depressed. | 她开始变得孤僻 抑郁 |
[26:10] | And then a year ago, Quinn tried to kill herself. | 一年前 奎因甚至试图自杀 |
[26:20] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我来晚了 |
[26:32] | Howard might not need the colostomy | 如果我们为霍华德进行粪便菌群移植 |
[26:34] | if we give him – a fecal microbiota transplant. | 或许他就不用做结肠造口术了 |
[26:38] | Hasn’t the FDA gone back and forth on that? | 粪便菌群移植不是已经反复讨论过很多遍了吗 |
[26:41] | We could be introducing new bacteria into his system | 我们可能会在他的体内引入新的细菌 |
[26:43] | that could kill him. | 他可能因此死亡 |
[26:44] | The likelihood of that is low. | 出现这种情况的可能性很低 |
[26:45] | But not zero. | 但不是没有 |
[26:46] | But if we do the colostomy, | 可如果我们给他做了结肠造口术 |
[26:48] | we may not really be helping him. | 这根本不是在帮他 |
[26:49] | 15% to 30% of patients get recurrent CDI | 15%到30%的病患在第一次艰难梭菌感染后 |
[26:52] | after the initial bout. | 会出现反复艰难梭菌感染 |
[26:53] | That’s a good point. | 这个观点很好 |
[26:54] | I believe 65% of that time, | 我想其中有65%的 |
[26:56] | recurrent CDI becomes chronic, | 反复艰难梭菌感染会发展为慢性感染 |
[26:57] | which can lead to repeated hospitalizations and death. | 并导致反复住院治疗甚至死亡 |
[27:03] | Are my numbers right, Claire? | 我说的数据对吗 克莱尔 |
[27:05] | Yes. | 对 |
[27:05] | But recent studies | 而最新的研究表明 |
[27:08] | show better than – a 95% success rate with FMTs. | 粪便菌群移植的成功率高达95% |
[27:12] | Howard is a good candidate. | 霍华德是一个合适的人选 |
[27:14] | We should try it before he develops a toxic megacolon. | 我们应该在他发展为中毒性巨结肠前尽力一试 |
[27:16] | Don’t we owe it to him, to his twins, | 这不是我们亏欠他和他双胞胎的吗 |
[27:19] | to at least try an experimental treatment | 至少在做侵入性手术前 |
[27:21] | before doing an invasive surgery | 尝试一下试验性治疗 |
[27:22] | which will alter his life forever? | 或许这可以改变他的一生 |
[27:25] | You’re right. | 你们说得对 |
[27:26] | Prep him for the procedure. | 为他做准备吧 |
[27:28] | I appreciate your passionate advocacy for your patient. | 我很欣赏你们为病患着想的精神 |
[27:30] | Good work, both of you. | 你们俩 干得好 |
[27:36] | Now you’re a team player. | 现在你倒是会团队合作了 |
[27:37] | When it benefits me, yes. | 当然 这对我有利 |
[27:39] | Speaking of which, while you were doing your research, | 说到这 在你做研究的时候 |
[27:41] | I found Howard a match at the stool bank. | 我在粪便库里找到了和霍华德匹配的粪便 |
[27:43] | Sample arrives in a couple of hours. | 样本几个小时后送到 |
[27:44] | Great. | 很好 |
[27:45] | I let them know you’d be the designated doctor | 等样品送到的时候 |
[27:47] | to handle the medical chain of custody | 我会告诉他们 |
[27:48] | when the sample arrives. | 你是处理医疗监护链的指定医生 |
[27:50] | So…? | 所以呢… |
[27:51] | So you’re the only person who can handle the sample. | 所以你是唯一能处理样品的人 |
[27:54] | You’ll have to dilute it, blend it, strain it all on your own. | 你得自己进行稀释 混合 过滤 |
[27:57] | To safeguard against cross-contamination, of course. | 当然 这是为了防止交叉污染 |
[28:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[28:09] | Your temperature and BP are normal. | 你的体温和血压正常 |
[28:12] | Normal. Whatever that means. | 正常 这意味着什么 |
[28:15] | Typical. Usual. | 典型 平常 |
[28:18] | Expected. | 符合预期 |
[28:20] | Yeah, I don’t feel like any of those things. | 是吗 可是我觉得我跟这些词一点也沾不上边 |
[28:23] | What does it feel like to be a girl? | 做女生是一种什么感觉 |
[28:30] | Are you angry? | 你生气了 |
[28:31] | Was that an inflammatory question? | 这是个恼人的问题吗 |
[28:33] | I’d rather people ask questions | 比起被人们盯着指指点点 |
[28:34] | instead of pointing and staring. | 我宁愿人们问问题 |
[28:38] | When I used to look like a boy, | 以前我看上去是男孩的时候 |
[28:40] | I felt…different. | 我感到…一切都变了 |
[28:44] | The kids at school didn’t understand me, | 学校的孩子们不理解我 |
[28:46] | so they picked on me. | 所以他们对我指指点点 |
[28:47] | I spent a lot of time alone. | 大部分时间我都自己一个人 |
[28:51] | When my parents let me be me, | 当我父母让我做自己的时候 |
[28:54] | I felt… | 我感觉… |
[28:56] | like I didn’t – have to pretend anymore. | 感觉我再也不用去假扮别人 |
[28:59] | I felt free, like when you’re in a pool | 我感到自由 就像你在一个游泳池里 |
[29:03] | and you just let go and float. | 你可以尽情自由地漂浮 |
[29:09] | I’m not a very good swimmer. | 我不太会游泳 |
[29:21] | I don’t know what it feels like | 我不知道假扮别人 |
[29:23] | to be anyone but me. | 是什么感觉 |
[29:28] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[29:32] | Is the bilateral more risky than the unilateral surgery? | 双侧手术比单侧手术风险更大吗 |
[29:37] | The big issue with the bilateral | 双侧手术最大的问题就是 |
[29:38] | is Quinn will never be able to have biological children. | 奎因以后再也不能生育了 |
[29:41] | If Quinn’s parents think that Quinn’s mature enough | 如果奎因的父母觉得奎因的思想 |
[29:43] | and strong enough in her beliefs, | 已经足够成熟坚强 |
[29:44] | then they should do it now. | 那手术应该尽快进行 |
[29:46] | It’s an elective surgery on a child. | 这是一个孩子的择期手术 |
[29:49] | There is no medical necessity. | 没有医学上的必要性 |
[29:50] | Except with – a previous suicide attempt, | 除了 之前的自杀意图 |
[29:52] | she’s still at risk. | 她仍处在危险中 |
[29:53] | Her situation is different now. | 现在她的情况已经不同了 |
[29:55] | She’s socially transitioned and living as a girl. | 在社会角度她已经完成过渡 作为女孩生活了 |
[29:58] | But there just isn’t enough good data | 但现在仍然没有足够的 |
[30:00] | on trans kids and their outcomes. | 跨性别儿童及其预后相关数据 |
[30:01] | On the other hand, there’s very good reason | 另一方面 我们有很好的理由相信 |
[30:04] | to preserve future fertility. | 保留未来的生育能力是有可能的 |
[30:06] | Dr. Lim and Dr. Andrews | 利姆医生和安德鲁斯医生 |
[30:07] | are both very excellent surgeons, | 都是非常优秀的外科医生 |
[30:09] | and they very clearly have some passionate points of view, | 他们都有自己明确的观点 |
[30:12] | but their views are their own. | 但那是他们的观点 |
[30:13] | You all need to decide what’s best for Quinn. | 你们需要决定怎么做对奎因最好 |
[30:18] | Whatever we decide, | 无论我们如何决定 |
[30:20] | Quinn is still gonna be a girl. | 奎因都将是个女孩 |
[30:25] | I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to accept that. | 我不知道我能不能接受这一点 |
[30:29] | I know that makes me sound horrible. | 我知道我说这话听起来很可怕 |
[30:31] | I know what it’s like to not put your family first, | 我知道不把家庭放在第一位是什么感觉 |
[30:36] | and it cost me. | 那让我付出了代价 |
[30:38] | It cost me a great deal. | 付出了十分惨痛的代价 |
[30:41] | And if I had to do it all over again, | 如果一切重新来过 |
[30:44] | I’d ask myself — | 我会扪心自问 |
[30:45] | is it really worth sacrificing a life | 为我爱的人而牺牲性命 |
[30:48] | with someone I love over an idea that may never be? | 是否胜过为某个荒诞不经的理想而奋斗一生 |
[31:00] | Why don’t we give them the room? | 我们给他们些空间吧 |
[31:10] | I got the page. What’s going on. | 叫我来有什么事 |
[31:12] | She started screaming in pain and vomiting. | 她刚刚疼得直叫唤 还有呕吐 |
[31:14] | Temp’s 104. | 体温40℃ |
[31:14] | Increased groin pain could be attributed to epididymitis, | 持续进展腹股沟区疼痛 可能是附睾炎 |
[31:17] | kidney stones, inguinal hernia… | 肾结石 腹股沟疝… |
[31:19] | The extra weight of the tumor | 肿瘤的自重 |
[31:20] | could be causing the testicle to twist on itself. | 可能引起睾丸发生自身扭转 |
[31:23] | There’d be no blood flow. | 睾丸没有血流通过 |
[31:31] | She has a testicular torsion. | 她发生了睾丸扭转 |
[31:33] | She needs surgery now. | 需要立即手术 |
[31:42] | Excuse me. Have you made a decision? | 抱歉 你们做好决定了吗 |
[31:44] | Not yet. – I mean, there’s a lot to — | 还没有 我是说 有很多东西需要 |
[31:46] | We need one now. | 我们现在就要答案 |
[31:47] | Quinn has testicular torsion. | 奎因发生了睾丸扭转 |
[31:49] | The spermatic cord is twisted | 精索扭曲 |
[31:51] | and cutting off blood supply. | 切断了血流供应 |
[31:52] | We need to operate. | 我们需要进行手术 |
[31:56] | If you want Quinn to live the way she wants, | 如果你希望奎因按照她的意愿生活 |
[32:00] | don’t limit her future now. | 那么现在 不要限制她的未来 |
[32:04] | You heard her when my mom said | 你听到我妈妈说的了 |
[32:06] | she might want kids some day. | 她某天可能会想要孩子 |
[32:08] | She can’t even fathom the thought | 她还只是个孩子 |
[32:09] | because she’s just a child. | 她不知道自己在想什么 |
[32:17] | Just do what’s medically necessary. | 就做医学上必须的治疗吧 |
[32:28] | Doesn’t appear to be any palpable lymphadenopathy. | 似乎没有明显的淋巴结肿大 |
[32:33] | It’s likely a stromal tumor, | 很可能是间质瘤 |
[32:34] | but get that to pathology right away. | 但还是送病理学检测 |
[32:36] | Yes, sir. | 好的 |
[32:41] | Quinn has tachycardia and hypotension. | 奎因有心动过速和低血压 |
[32:45] | I’m not seeing any bleeding. | 我没看到任何出血 |
[32:46] | EKG’s normal. It’s not coronary. | 心电图正常 不是冠状动脉的问题 |
[32:48] | CO2 and O2 are normal, so it’s not a P.E. | 二氧化碳和氧含量正常 不是心包积液 |
[32:50] | It must be a reaction to the anesthesia. | 那一定是对麻醉剂的不良反应 |
[32:52] | I’m already pushing fluids and vasoconstrictors. | 已经推注了液体和血管收缩剂 |
[33:02] | Six syringes in, and no sign of leakage. | 已经推注了六管注射器 没有泄露迹象 |
[33:05] | Okay, we’re wrapped up here. | 好了 我们这里搞定了 |
[33:07] | Let’s get Howard into recovery. | 我们来让霍华德恢复吧 |
[33:09] | – Well done. – Thanks. | -干得好 -谢谢 |
[33:11] | I was thinking of writing up the procedure, | 我在考虑把手术过程写出来 |
[33:13] | possibly submit it for publication. | 也许可以提交出版 |
[33:15] | I’d be happy to assist, | 我很愿意来帮忙 |
[33:17] | seeing as I’ve done it before. | 看在我之前做过的份上 |
[33:19] | Thanks, but I think I can — | 谢谢 但我觉得我可以… |
[33:20] | I read your paper in AMSURG, Dr. Reznick. | 我看过你在《美国外科学》的论文 雷兹尼克医生 |
[33:23] | You continue to impress. | 令人印象深刻 |
[33:25] | Coming from you, I take that as a huge compliment. | 从你嘴里说出来这话 我真是受宠若惊 |
[33:28] | When you get a chance, Dr. Browne, | 你有机会的话 布朗医生 |
[33:31] | you should read it. | 真应该读一读 |
[33:32] | Will do. | 我会的 |
[33:41] | I’ve given vasopressors | 我给了升压药 |
[33:43] | and reduced her meds as much as I can. | 并尽可能地减少了药物 |
[33:45] | She’s losing volume somewhere. | 她某处在失血 |
[33:46] | It was dry when we ligated the spermatic cord. | 结扎精索时还未有此事 |
[33:48] | I’m still not seeing the bleed. | 我还没找到出血点 |
[33:49] | Could be vagal stimulation from the severed nerve. | 可能是断裂神经的迷走神经性刺激 |
[33:52] | But she’s not responding to epi. | 但她对肾上腺素无反应 |
[33:54] | – Sepsis? – It’s too early for an infection. | -败血症吗 -还太早 不会发生感染 |
[33:58] | Her MAP is 20. She’s barely profusing. | 她的平均动脉压为20 几乎不够了 |
[34:03] | Okay, excuse me, guys. | 好吧 打断一下 |
[34:04] | – You’re breaking scrub. – I’m so sorry. | -你把手术服弄坏了 -抱歉 |
[34:07] | Grey-Turner sign. | 体征左腰部青紫斑 |
[34:09] | Could be a retroperitoneal hemorrhage. | 可能是腹膜后出血 |
[34:22] | Jared could be right. | 也许杰瑞德说得对 |
[34:24] | It is possible that there’s internal bleeding. | 有可能是内出血 |
[34:28] | The testicular artery can retract up into the pelvis. | 睾丸动脉可能会缩回骨盆 |
[34:32] | It’s rare, but it can happen. | 虽然很少见 但有这个可能 |
[34:34] | Rare is an understatement. Dr. Andrews? | 确实非常罕见 安德鲁斯医生 |
[34:39] | I don’t think we have any other choice. | 我觉得我们别无选择 |
[34:40] | We need to do an ex-lap. 10 blade. | 我们得做剖腹探查 十号刀 |
[34:52] | Murphy, retract. | 莫菲 拉紧 |
[35:01] | Internal bleeding. | 内出血 |
[35:03] | Jared was right. | 杰瑞德是对的 |
[35:06] | Nice call, Dr. Kalu. | 干得漂亮 卡卢医生 |
[35:08] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[35:10] | Kalu, suction. | 卡卢 抽吸 |
[35:11] | We need a clear view of the field. | 我们需要清晰视野 |
[35:19] | Fever’s down, and the flora in your system seems to be returning to normal. | 烧退了 你体内的菌群也恢复正常了 |
[35:23] | – We expect a full recovery. – Thank you. For everything. | -我们期待你的全面恢复 -谢谢你们做的一切 |
[35:27] | Do you know when I can have visitors? | 请问我什么时候可以有访客 |
[35:29] | I thought you might ask that question. | 我想着你也该问了 |
[35:31] | There are a couple of eager preschoolers who’d like to say hi. | 有几个小朋友很想和你打招呼 |
[35:35] | – Daddy! – Keira! Sammy! | -爸爸 -凯拉 萨米 |
[35:40] | I think you guys have grown! | 你们好像长大了 |
[35:43] | These are the doctors that saved Daddy. | 是这几位医生救了爸爸 |
[35:46] | Dr. Reznick and this is, uh… | 雷兹尼克医生和这位… |
[35:49] | I’m sorry, I forgot your name. | 抱歉 我忘了你叫什么了 |
[35:52] | Dr. Browne. | 布朗医生 |
[35:53] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[35:55] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[36:01] | Okay. | 好了 |
[36:04] | Who’s this guy? | 这是谁 |
[36:05] | – Bear Bear. – Bear Bear? | -熊熊 -熊熊 |
[36:16] | Did you do it? | 你做了吗 |
[36:17] | Did you remove both? | 把两个都移走了吗 |
[36:19] | No. | 没有 |
[36:20] | Just the cancerous one. | 只移走了癌变的那个 |
[36:22] | What? Why not? | 什么 为什么 |
[36:25] | That’s on me. | 我决定的 |
[36:26] | I couldn’t, in good conscience, remove a healthy organ. | 凭良心讲 我没法切掉健康的器官 |
[36:34] | Quinnie. | 奎妮 |
[36:35] | This was our decision. | 这是我们的决定 |
[36:36] | No! You said you were on my side! | 不 你说了你会站在我这边 |
[36:38] | Hey, we are. Always. | 我们当然站在你这边 |
[36:41] | We haven’t had enough time to talk, | 我们还没来得及好好聊聊 |
[36:43] | not with each other, with your therapist, | 我们互相之间 以及和你的心理医生 |
[36:46] | with your doctors. | 和你的医生 |
[36:47] | So I’m gonna turn into a boy. | 这么说我要变成男孩了 |
[36:49] | Well, not right away. | 不会那么快 |
[36:51] | Your endocrinologist will talk to you | 你的内分泌医师 |
[36:52] | about the right timeline for starting feminizing hormones. | 会和你聊开始使用女性激素的时间线 |
[36:58] | You know… | 你知道… |
[37:01] | the thought of having your own kids someday | 想到你以后会有自己的孩子 |
[37:04] | is a big decision, | 是个重大决定 |
[37:05] | but you never know what you will or will not want once you get older. | 但你长大后就搞不清楚自己到底是否想要孩子 |
[37:08] | Cis people are always so worked up about having bio kids. | 人们总是很看重自己生孩子这事 |
[37:12] | If I really want a kid that bad, | 但如果我真的很想要孩子 |
[37:13] | I can just adopt. | 我可以领养 |
[37:18] | You know, I’ll be back when I’m 18 | 我十八岁时会回来 |
[37:20] | for my gender confirmation surgery. | 做我的性别确认手术 |
[37:23] | And when you do, I’ll be here to help you. | 你回来时 我会在这儿帮你 |
[37:33] | Patient satisfaction survey scores are in, | 病人的满意度调查来了 |
[37:35] | and it was very close. | 非常接近 |
[37:37] | Not really. She’s being kind. | 其实算不上 她太友善了 |
[37:40] | Congratulations go to Dr. Reznick and Dr. Browne. | 恭喜雷兹尼克医生和布朗医生 |
[37:43] | – Yes. – Thank you. | -太棒了 -谢谢 |
[37:46] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[37:48] | Thank you, Shaun. | 谢谢你 肖恩 |
[37:49] | Claire and I make a nice team. | 我跟克莱尔合作得很好 |
[37:54] | You should be psyched. | 你应该很激动 |
[37:56] | Yeah. I should be. | 是啊 我应该 |
[38:00] | To the victor belong the spoils. | 战利品属于胜利者 |
[38:04] | Pay up. | 全部付清 |
[38:05] | Humility was never your strong suit. | 你总是做不到谦逊 |
[38:09] | Thank you, Mortimer. | 谢谢 莫蒂默 |
[38:11] | Don’t spend it all in one place. | 别都花在一个地方 |
[38:14] | Spend it? | 花掉 |
[38:15] | I’m gonna frame it. | 我会把它裱起来 |
[38:18] | What made you think of a retroperitoneal hemorrhage? | 你怎么想到腹膜后出血的 |
[38:21] | Homework. | 我做了功课 |
[38:22] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[38:23] | Prepping for an SDA was important. | 为共享决策援助做准备很有必要 |
[38:25] | We make a good team. | 我们合作得很好 |
[38:30] | Quinn doesn’t like pink. | 奎因不喜欢粉色 |
[38:34] | I think she will like these. | 我觉得她会喜欢的 |
[38:36] | I hope so. | 希望是的 |
[38:40] | She’s more of a purple girl. | 她更像紫色那种类型 |
[38:51] | Did you read Morgan’s AMSURG article yet? | 你读了摩根发表在《美国外科学》上的论文了吗 |
[38:54] | It is on the top of my to-do list. | 这排在我待办事项的第一条 |
[38:56] | I didn’t tell you to read it to rub it in. | 我让你去读不是戳你痛处 |
[39:01] | I told you to read it so you knew what you’d be up against. | 我让你去读是想让你知道你将面临什么 |
[39:03] | You think I need to be more cutthroat? | 你觉得我应该更无情一点吗 |
[39:06] | No. That’s Morgan’s M.O. You’re different. | 不 那是摩根的秘诀 你不一样 |
[39:09] | You’re smart, you’re special. | 你聪明 你很特别 |
[39:12] | Rise up, play the game on your own terms. | 站起来反抗 用自己的方式来玩 |
[39:15] | Don’t wait for it. | 不要等待 |
[39:44] | I heard you saved Quinn’s life. | 我听说你救了奎因的命 |
[39:47] | Jared and I did. | 我和杰瑞德一起做到的 |
[39:50] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[39:52] | “Her.” | 「她」 |
[39:55] | So you get that she is a “She.” | 你意识到她是个女孩了 |
[39:59] | I have lots of questions. | 我有很多疑问 |
[40:01] | Yeah, well, questions are good. | 疑问很好 |
[40:04] | Leads to awareness and understanding. | 能导向认识和理解 |
[40:07] | And, who knows, maybe even acceptance. | 以及 谁知道呢 也许还会有认同 |
[40:11] | Being a kid is tough enough, | 做孩子已经很艰难了 |
[40:12] | But being a trans kid? Oh, man, that’s — | 更别提做一个变性的孩子 天啊 |
[40:15] | that’s off the chart. | 简直无法想象 |
[40:18] | I can’t imagine how it must feel | 我想象不到那会是何感受 |
[40:21] | to be so different on the outside | 外表的不同 |
[40:24] | than you are on the inside. | 甚至比内里更甚 |
[40:33] | Hey, Shaun. | 肖恩 |
[40:35] | I can give you a lift. | 我可以捎你一程 |
[40:37] | We could grab a bite. | 我们可以吃点东西 |
[40:41] | You said you can’t be my friend. | 你说你不能做我的朋友 |
[40:45] | So, no, thank you. | 所以 不了 谢谢 |
[40:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:01] | Hey, amigo. What’s up? | 兄弟 怎么了 |
[41:02] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[41:50] | You’re not gonna do any laps or nothing? | 你不准备游两圈吗 |
[41:53] | No. | 不 |
[41:57] | Then what are you doing? | 那你在干什么 |
[42:00] | Understanding. | 试图理解 |