时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | 肖恩 谢谢你为我而去 你的好兄弟 肯尼 | |
[00:29] | The timing was good. | 时机正好 |
[00:31] | I just got a job transfer, | 我刚刚调职 |
[00:32] | Gretchen will start at a new school — | 格雷琴要去新学校上学 |
[00:35] | We’re gonna start a whole new life. | 我们要开始全新的生活 |
[00:37] | It’s very exciting. | 真令人兴奋 |
[00:38] | In college, – my dad majored in cheerleading. | 在大学里我爸主修的是拉拉队 |
[00:44] | That was a joke. | 那是个玩笑 |
[00:45] | Gretchen’s got a great sense of humor. | 格雷琴很有幽默感 |
[00:47] | I’m laughing on the inside. | 我在心里哈哈大笑呢 |
[00:49] | Soon you’ll be laughing on the outside, too. | 很快你就能在脸上哈哈大笑了 |
[00:51] | Dr. Park. | 朴医生 |
[00:53] | Moebius Syndrome is a paralysis | 莫比乌斯综合征是一种 |
[00:55] | of the 6th and 7th pair of cranial nerves. | 第六及第七对脑神经的麻痹 |
[00:57] | The 7th pair controls facial expression. | 第七对神经控制面部表情 |
[01:00] | Luckily, in Gretchen’s case, | 幸运的是 我们没有发现 |
[01:01] | we haven’t found any limitation to the 6th pair. | 格雷琴的第六对神经有任何问题 |
[01:04] | I’m a lucky girl. | 我真是个幸运女孩 |
[01:05] | We’ll be taking two slivers of muscle from your thighs, | 我们会从你的大腿上抽取两束肌肉 |
[01:08] | along with their nerves and blood supply, | 包括它们的神经系统和血管 |
[01:10] | and transplanting them into your cheeks. | 将它们移植到你的脸颊上 |
[01:11] | There’ll be considerable recovery time | 在你能自由展现笑容之前 |
[01:12] | before you’ll be able to smile at will — | 你需要不少时间来康复 |
[01:14] | maybe three months. | 也许要三个月 |
[01:17] | So, what do you say? Are you up for this? | 那你觉得如何 你想[起来]做这个手术吗 |
[01:21] | Can I sleep on it? | 我可以睡着来吗 |
[01:23] | See what I have to live with? | 你们看我天天得面对什么 |
[01:25] | Nobody knows when I’m joking. | 没人知道我在开玩笑 |
[01:27] | Sorry, Dr. Andrews. | 抱歉 安德鲁斯医生 |
[01:28] | Yes, I am very up for this. | 我非常想做这个手术 |
[01:31] | Okay, great. | 很好 |
[01:32] | So unless there are any other questions — | 除非你们有别的问题 |
[01:33] | Do you want to be a comedian? | 你想成为喜剧演员吗 |
[01:38] | People getting your jokes must be very important to you | 能理解你玩笑的人一定对你很重要 |
[01:42] | if you think it’s worth the risk | 如果你觉得值得冒险去做 |
[01:43] | of dying during elective surgery. | 可能会致死的非急需手术 |
[02:04] | I apologize for Dr. Murphy. | 我为莫菲医生道歉 |
[02:06] | He’s still learning that silence is the right choice | 他还在学习当你不能提供有用的东西时 |
[02:09] | when you have nothing useful to offer. | 保持安静是最好的选择 |
[02:11] | We are required to have an honest | 我们被要求与患者坦诚地进行 |
[02:14] | risk/benefit discussion with our patients. | 手术风险及裨益的讨论 |
[02:17] | We are giving – a lovely young girl a smile. | 我们要给可爱的女孩子一个微笑 |
[02:19] | That’s a simple equation. | 这是个简单的等式 |
[02:21] | Well, it’s more than the smile or the jokes. | 这不仅仅是微笑和玩笑 |
[02:23] | She can’t express any emotions at all. | 她无法表现出任何感情 |
[02:26] | No one can tell if she’s happy | 没人能知道她是高兴 |
[02:28] | or sad or scared — anything. | 难过还是害怕 她什么都无法表达 |
[02:33] | She’s never had much of a social life. | 她从未进行过任何社交 |
[02:35] | Ever since her mother died, | 自从她母亲去世后 |
[02:37] | she’s been completely withdrawn. | 她就完全离群索居了 |
[02:41] | All I want to do is bring my baby girl back into the world. | 我只想让我的小宝贝回到这个世界里 |
[02:46] | Don’t worry, Mr. Milman, | 别担心 弥尔曼先生 |
[02:47] | we’re gonna take great care of her, all right? | 我们会好好照顾她的 好吗 |
[02:54] | Lucy has a post-op infection of unknown origin. | 露西发生了未知来源的术后感染 |
[02:57] | Infusing 900 milligrams of clindamycin. | 注射九百毫克克林霉素 |
[03:00] | It’s terrible, isn’t it? | 是不是很糟糕 |
[03:02] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[03:03] | – Have you been changing your dressing? – Every day. | -你有坚持换药吗 -每天都换 |
[03:05] | – Soaking it in clean, warm water? – Yes. | -浸泡在干净的温水里 -没错 |
[03:07] | Taking your antibiotics, one pill, three times a day? | 服用抗生素 每日三次 每次一片 |
[03:11] | That’s a no. | 看来没有 |
[03:13] | Lucy, I know I gave you a scrip for antibiotics, | 露西 我给你开了一张抗生素处方 |
[03:16] | along with one for pain meds. | 还有一张是止痛药的 |
[03:17] | Why haven’t you been taking your antibiotics? | 为什么你不坚持吃抗生素呢 |
[03:20] | Did you have a bad reaction to them, or…? | 你有不良反应 还是 |
[03:24] | I never filled my prescription. | 我一直都没有去取药 |
[03:27] | I didn’t think it was necessary until it got really bad, | 我觉得没必要 直到情况变得很糟 |
[03:30] | and then I was too weak to go myself, | 然后我实在是虚弱到没法去药房 |
[03:33] | and I didn’t have anyone to pick it up for me. | 我也找不到人代我取药 |
[03:35] | Okay. Mystery solved. | 很好 谜题解开了 |
[03:39] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:40] | I know it was stupid. | 我知道这很蠢 |
[03:41] | Very stupid. | 非常蠢 |
[03:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:58] | Hey, Shaun. | 你好 肖恩 |
[04:01] | Oh. Hello. | 你好啊 |
[04:02] | I haven’t seen you in ages. | 我好久没见到你了 |
[04:04] | What’s — What’s new? | 有什么新鲜事吗 |
[04:06] | I’m buying an apple. | 我在买苹果 |
[04:07] | I can see that. | 我看出来了 |
[04:09] | – Here, I-I-I’ll get it for you. – No, thank you. | -我 我来买给你 -不用 谢谢 |
[04:11] | Thank you, Shaun. | 谢谢你 肖恩 |
[04:13] | What else is new? | 还有什么新鲜事吗 |
[04:14] | You didn’t want to be friends. | 你不想做朋友 |
[04:18] | Yeah, no, I — | 嗯 不 我… |
[04:19] | We — We — We — We’re colleagues. | 我们 我们是同事 |
[04:22] | You know, we’re — Whatever we are, | 你知道 我们 无论我们是什么关系 |
[04:23] | we can still talk — We should talk. | 我们还是可以说话的 我们应该谈谈 |
[04:25] | I have a new friend. Kenny. | 我交了个新朋友 肯尼 |
[04:27] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[04:29] | Thank you, Debbie. | 谢谢你 黛比 |
[04:30] | Kenny, huh? That’s, uh, that’s great. | 肯尼是吗 这很好啊 |
[04:33] | Do you have a new friend? | 你有新朋友了吗 |
[04:36] | No. | 没有 |
[04:38] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢 |
[04:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:41] | We can talk. | 我们可以聊聊 |
[04:42] | You know, we can talk about sports, | 我们可以聊体育 |
[04:43] | we can talk about weather, we can talk about — | 聊天气 聊… |
[04:45] | Debbie? | 黛比 |
[04:46] | Why would you want to talk about Debbie? | 你为什么想谈黛比 |
[04:47] | Debbie was flirting with you. | 黛比在和你调情 |
[04:51] | She was? | 是吗 |
[04:51] | Yes. I noticed her exhibiting two typical signs. | 没错 我注意到她展现出两种典型姿势 |
[04:55] | Not the trifecta, huh? | 不是撩骚三重奏吗 |
[04:55] | No, no the trifecta, and one atypical sign. | 不 不是 还有一种非典型的 |
[04:58] | I think she’s just trying to be friendly. | 我觉得她只是想表示友好 |
[05:00] | She gave you an extra dollar in change. | 她多找了你一块钱 |
[05:04] | And the fact that you didn’t notice | 而你并没有注意到这个事实 |
[05:06] | means you like her, too. | 意味着你也喜欢她 |
[05:10] | Maybe she’s just bad at math. | 也许她只是数学不好 |
[05:20] | My dad said – that you’re on the spectrum — | 我爸爸说 你患有自闭症 |
[05:22] | That’s why you said that about people getting my jokes. | 所以你才会说那些关于懂我玩笑的人的话 |
[05:25] | People always get my jokes. | 大家总能懂我的玩笑 |
[05:28] | Then you’re very lucky. | 那你很幸运 |
[05:31] | That was a joke. | 刚才是个玩笑 |
[05:34] | I see what you did there. | 我懂你什么意思了 |
[05:35] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:39] | They call me “Resting Gretch Face.” | 他们叫我「格雷琴面瘫脸」 |
[05:45] | “Shaun the Moron.” | 「蠢蛋肖恩」 |
[05:50] | Not very witty. I’m obviously quite smart. | 不是很俏皮 我显然挺聪明的 |
[05:53] | I drew this to their attention. | 我向他们指出了这一点 |
[05:59] | I’m on a spectrum, too. | 我也有自闭倾向 |
[06:03] | Somewhere between inscrutable, | 介于无法理解 |
[06:05] | unapproachable, and… | 无法接近 以及 |
[06:08] | actively scorned. | 总是被嘲笑 |
[06:10] | I don’t want to be more approachable, | 我不想变得更容易接近 |
[06:13] | and I prefer people not reading my emotions — | 我也希望别人无法读取我的感情 |
[06:16] | they’re mine. | 这都是我自己的东西 |
[06:18] | That’s what you do with friends. | 但你和朋友就该分享 |
[06:29] | You really think – this surgery’s too risky? | 你真觉得 这个手术风险太大吗 |
[06:32] | Possible complications include embolism, | 可能的并发症包括栓塞 |
[06:34] | hemorrhage, collateral paralysis, | 出血 副神经麻痹 |
[06:36] | asymmetry, brain damage, and stroke. | 脸部不对称 脑损伤 以及中风 |
[06:42] | It’s also expensive and medically unnecessary. | 这也很贵 并且医学上不是必须的 |
[06:47] | Okay, look straight ahead. | 好了 直视前方 |
[06:52] | There’s a two-hour wait in the E.R., and what are we doing? | 急诊室里排了那么长的队 而我们在做什么 |
[06:54] | Treating a woman because she willfully ignored doctors’ orders. | 治疗一个故意无视医嘱的女人 |
[06:57] | I know what a “Parasite” looks like, and it’s not Lucy. | 我知道「寄生虫」什么样子 露西不是 |
[07:00] | So this is a Mom thing with you. | 所以这和你妈有关 |
[07:02] | Growing up with a whack mother means | 被一个渣娘带大意味着 |
[07:04] | that you can identify any and all problem personalities. | 你可以识别任何有问题的性格 |
[07:07] | And that is the sole upside to my miserable childhood, | 这是我悲惨童年带来的唯一好处 |
[07:10] | – Thank you. – Well, at least you had a mom. | -谢谢 -你最起码还有母亲 |
[07:12] | Mine died when I was 6, | 我妈在我六岁时就去世了 |
[07:13] | and Dad instantly married a child-hating bitch | 老爸立马娶了一个讨厌小孩的臭婆娘 |
[07:15] | with a butt-load of debt. | 她还背了一屁股债 |
[07:18] | Morgan, I’m sorry. | 摩根 我很抱歉 |
[07:18] | I didn’t tell you to get sympathy — | 我不是让你同情我 |
[07:20] | just that I know “Parasites,” Too. | 只是说我也知道「寄生虫」是什么样的 |
[07:29] | Got you booked first thing tomorrow morning. | 你是明早第一台手术 |
[07:33] | Dad. | 爸 |
[07:34] | What? Too soon? | 怎么了 太早了吗 |
[07:35] | It’s — | 是 |
[07:36] | You’re nervous. I get it. | 你很紧张 我知道 |
[07:40] | If you have any more questions, | 如果你还有疑问 |
[07:42] | feel free. | 随便问 |
[07:44] | I’ve changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[07:49] | I’m not having the surgery. | 我不做手术了 |
[08:02] | Murphy. | 莫菲 |
[08:07] | Hello. | 你好 |
[08:11] | Gretchen’s father is very upset. | 格雷琴的父亲很伤心 |
[08:13] | It seems you talked her out of the surgery. | 看来你说动她拒绝了手术 |
[08:15] | No, I didn’t talk her out of it | 不 我没有说动她拒绝手术 |
[08:17] | or talk her anywhere. | 或说动她干任何事 |
[08:19] | I just gave her – the list of potential risks. | 我只是告诉她一系列潜在风险 |
[08:21] | Embolism, hemorrhage, collateral paralysis, | 栓塞 出血 附带麻痹作用 |
[08:24] | – asymmetry, brain damage, and stroke. – Stroke? | -不对称 脑损伤 中风 -中风 |
[08:26] | Yes, there was a case in Brazil in 2004, | 2004年在巴西出现过这种情况 |
[08:30] | and the patient suffer– | 病患经历了 |
[08:33] | It seems that you don’t believe | 看起来你不认为 |
[08:35] | that restoring this girl’s smile is that important. | 重塑这个女孩的笑容很重要 |
[08:38] | Smiles are overvalued. | 笑容被过分重视了 |
[08:40] | There are studies that support that. | 有研究支持该观点 |
[08:42] | And there are studies that don’t. | 也有研究不支持 |
[08:44] | When we smile, we produce endorphins. | 我们微笑时会分泌内啡肽 |
[08:47] | They make us happy. | 它使我们开心 |
[08:48] | They make other people happy. | 它使他人开心 |
[08:49] | When we see smiles, | 当我们看见笑容 |
[08:51] | our basotemporal lobes are activated, | 我们的颞叶被激活 |
[08:52] | and we duplicate what we see. | 我们复制自己看见的东西 |
[08:54] | Murphy, smiles are contagious. | 莫菲 笑容会传染 |
[08:57] | You see? | 看见没 |
[08:59] | I feel good, you feel good — | 我感觉很好 你感觉也好 |
[09:02] | Everybody likes smiles. | 每个人都喜欢笑容 |
[09:08] | I don’t. | 我不喜欢 |
[09:09] | In any case, your smile wasn’t sincere | 并且你的笑容并不真实 |
[09:11] | since it didn’t demonstrate the Duchenne Marker — | 你没有笑出苹果肌 |
[09:14] | There was no involvement of the orbicularis oculi muscles around the eyes, | 也没有带动眼部周围的眼轮匝肌 |
[09:18] | which means you didn’t release endorphins. | 说明你没有分泌内啡肽 |
[09:22] | You know, if you can talk her | 如果你能说动她 |
[09:23] | out of a surgery she’s wanted for years, | 放弃她期许已久的手术 |
[09:25] | I’m pretty sure a conversation with someone objective | 我确信一个乐观的人 |
[09:28] | can talk her back into it. | 也能说动她接受手术 |
[09:29] | Get Park, come with, and keep quiet. | 叫上朴 一起来 别说话 |
[09:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:39] | Dr. Kalu. | 卡卢医生 |
[09:42] | Remember me? | 记得我吗 |
[09:44] | “Fish girl”? | 「鱼女」 |
[09:45] | Uh, hi. Celez. | 你好 塞拉斯 |
[09:47] | Yes, uh, of course I do. | 我当然记得 |
[09:50] | I hope it’s okay that I requested you. | 希望你不介意我来找你 |
[09:52] | I’m glad you did. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[09:54] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[09:56] | That’s what you’re going to tell me. | 这是你得告诉我的 |
[09:59] | I’ve been wearing the, uh, tilapia skins for five months. | 我用罗非鱼皮已经五个月了 |
[10:04] | I’m getting really tired of being followed home by stray cats. | 我受够被流浪猫跟着回家了 |
[10:08] | How’s the pain? | 还疼吗 |
[10:09] | Compared to what it was? | 和之前比吗 |
[10:11] | Nothing. | 不值一提 |
[10:14] | Uh, any — any fever, itchiness, or swelling? | 有没有发烧 瘙痒或者肿胀 |
[10:17] | Nope. | 没有 |
[10:18] | Well, it looks very good. | 看上去很好 |
[10:19] | But? | 但是 |
[10:22] | How much longer? | 还要多久 |
[10:26] | how do you feel about tomorrow? | 你觉得明天怎么样 |
[10:30] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[10:31] | I never joke about tilapia. | 我从不开罗非鱼的玩笑 |
[10:38] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[10:40] | I-I just wasn’t expecting that. | 真是意料之外 |
[10:44] | I… | 我 |
[10:48] | I’m afraid – of how I’m going to look. | 我担心自己的模样 |
[10:52] | You’re going to look beautiful. | 你会看上去很棒的 |
[10:58] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[11:00] | I know Dr. Murphy informed you | 我知道莫非医生告诉了你 |
[11:02] | about the risks of this surgery, | 手术的潜在风险 |
[11:04] | and some risks are significant | 有些风险确实很严重 |
[11:06] | and some just aren’t. | 但有些不是 |
[11:07] | This is as close to risk-free surgery as we can get. | 这会是一个几乎零风险的手术 |
[11:11] | It’ll give you a smile, it’ll let you laugh — | 它会带给你笑容 让你开怀大笑 |
[11:14] | No. | 不 |
[11:16] | Dr. Murphy didn’t talk me out of it. | 莫非医生并没有说服我 |
[11:21] | He inspired me. | 他启发了我 |
[11:25] | He helped me realize | 他帮助我意识到 |
[11:26] | that this could actually make me stronger. | 这可以让我变得更坚强 |
[11:30] | I don’t want to run from it anymore. | 我不想再逃避它 |
[11:43] | Yeah, she’s lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[11:45] | She’s a smart, sarcastic young woman, | 她是个聪明 伶牙俐齿的小姑娘 |
[11:47] | not exactly someone who’s prone to inspirational stories. | 并不会这么容易受到启发 |
[11:50] | Why would she lie about changing her mind? | 她为什么要撒谎 |
[11:52] | Well, when I was a cop, | 我是警察时 |
[11:53] | I had a lot of people change their minds about testifying in court, | 我遇见很多人改变主意 不愿出庭作证 |
[11:55] | and it always came down to one of three reasons — | 总结就是三个原因 |
[11:57] | fear, confusion, or they were paid off. | 恐惧 迷茫 被贿赂 |
[12:01] | She doesn’t seem confused. | 她看上去不迷茫 |
[12:02] | And I don’t think she’s afraid. | 我也不觉得她害怕 |
[12:03] | So Gretchen was paid off? | 格雷琴被贿赂了吗 |
[12:06] | I admit the analogy isn’t perfect. | 我承认这个类比不是很恰当 |
[12:09] | It’s close enough. | 但还算接近 |
[12:20] | Guess who’s back in the E.R. | 猜猜谁又回到急诊室了 |
[12:22] | You’re happy, | 你很开心 |
[12:23] | so I’m guessing it’s a non-compliant patient. | 我猜是那个不遵医嘱的患者 |
[12:26] | You misjudged Lucy. | 你误会露西了 |
[12:28] | She made an honest mistake forgetting her prescriptions. | 她不是有意忘记自己的处方药 |
[12:31] | You called her, didn’t you? | 你打电话给她的 对吧 |
[12:33] | She didn’t spontaneously remember, | 她自己记不住 |
[12:35] | you had to remind her. | 你得提醒她 |
[12:37] | Is that a Mom thing, too? | 这也跟母亲情结有关吗 |
[12:39] | Gretchen, are you worried that your dad can’t afford this surgery? | 格雷琴 你是不是担心你爸爸付不起手术费 |
[12:43] | The insurance company is paying for it. | 保险公司会付的 |
[12:47] | Dad… | 爸爸 |
[12:49] | I know it isn’t. | 我知道保险公司不会 |
[12:50] | It’s elective. | 它是有选择性的 |
[12:53] | It’s medically unnecessary. | 这在医学上没有必要性 |
[12:56] | No one can put a value on your smile — | 没有人可以衡量你的笑容 |
[12:59] | not bullies, not an insurance company, | 坏人们不行 保险公司也不行 |
[13:01] | not even Dr. Murphy. | 莫菲医生也不行 |
[13:04] | In my opinion, | 在我看来 |
[13:05] | this surgery’s medically necessary. | 这场手术很有必要 |
[13:13] | Gretchen, sweetie… | 格雷琴 亲爱的 |
[13:16] | my first memory of your mother | 我对于你母亲的第一印象 |
[13:19] | was of her smiling at me from across the room. | 就是她在房间的那边对我微笑 |
[13:22] | And because of that smile, | 因为那个笑容 |
[13:25] | we ended up with you. | 我们有了你 |
[13:28] | And — And my last memory of her | 而我对于她最后的记忆 |
[13:31] | is that radiance | 是那种光芒 |
[13:33] | lighting up the world one last time. | 最后一次点亮了我的世界 |
[13:39] | I mean, we never had much money, | 我们确实不富裕 |
[13:41] | but as long as I had that smile, | 但只要我拥有那份笑容 |
[13:44] | it didn’t matter. | 别的都不重要 |
[13:52] | I love you, Dad. | 我爱你 爸爸 |
[13:55] | And that’s why I can’t let you give up everything for this. | 这也是为什么我不能让你为了我放弃一切 |
[14:11] | Lucy Callard? | 露西·卡拉尔 |
[14:12] | I’m here. | 我在这 |
[14:17] | Lucille Elizabeth Callard? | 露西·伊丽莎白·卡拉尔 |
[14:20] | Yes, that’s me. | 是我 |
[14:21] | Dr. Browne called me to pick up my prescriptions? | 布朗医生叫我来拿自己的处方药 |
[14:31] | You’re the victim of identity theft, Lucy. | 你是身份盗窃的受害者 露西 |
[14:33] | There’s an imposter using your name and medical ID to get benefits. | 有一个冒充者用你的姓名和医疗卡来获取利益 |
[14:36] | Did you have your purse stolen recently? | 你最近钱包被偷了吗 |
[14:38] | Six weeks ago. | 六周前 |
[14:40] | And you had your driver’s license and credit cards replaced, | 你替换了驾照和信用卡 |
[14:42] | but not your health-insurance card? | 但没换你的医保卡吗 |
[14:45] | Is this why the pharmacy refuses to fill my prescriptions? | 这就是为什么药房不愿意给我开药吗 |
[14:49] | I’m on pain meds for post-herpetic neuralgia. | 由于带状疱疹后神经痛我在服用止痛药 |
[14:52] | It’s getting really bad. | 这很糟糕 |
[14:54] | Once the imposter filled her prescription for pain meds, | 冒充者得到了止痛药 |
[14:56] | the pharmacy must have thought | 药房会认为 |
[14:57] | you were overfilling opiates. | 你在过度服用止痛药 |
[15:00] | It always flares up when I get upset. | 我一不开心什么都变得很糟糕 |
[15:02] | Don’t worry, Lucy, we’ll get you your meds. | 别担心露西 我们会帮你拿药 |
[15:13] | We — We can’t. | 我们不能 |
[15:15] | We’re already treating “Lucy Callard.” | 我们已经给了「露西·卡拉尔」 |
[15:22] | Nice game, Tony. | 打得好 汤尼 |
[15:24] | Hi, Jim. | 你好 吉姆 |
[15:25] | – Marcus, hey. You coming or going? – Neither. | -马库斯 你是刚来还是要走 -都不是 |
[15:28] | 15-year-old girl with Moebius Syndrome — | 一个15岁女孩患有莫比乌斯综合征… |
[15:30] | your company denied coverage. | 而你公司拒绝支付她的治疗费用 |
[15:33] | No respiratory issues, deformities, | 没有呼吸系统的问题 没有畸形 |
[15:36] | pain, she doesn’t even drool. | 没有痛感 甚至连口水都不流 |
[15:37] | She’s fully functional. | 她的功能是完好的 |
[15:38] | She can’t smile. That’s a function. | 她不会笑 笑是个功能吧 |
[15:41] | Marcus, I think it’s wonderful | 马库斯 我觉得 |
[15:43] | you want to give this little girl her smile, | 你想带给这个小姑娘笑容是很好的 |
[15:45] | but if we pay for everything wonderful, we’ll go bankrupt, huh? | 但要是为所有这些美好付账的话 我们就破产了 |
[15:48] | And then who are we helping? | 那我们还怎么帮助人 |
[15:49] | We all know doctors cheat diagnoses to get coverage. | 医生可以改变诊断来让患者获得保险赔付 |
[15:52] | “Deviated septum” gets you a free nose job, | 「鼻中隔弯曲」能给你免费做个鼻子 |
[15:54] | “Migraine” gets you Botox. | 「偏头痛」可以注射肉毒杆菌 |
[15:55] | Do you really want me to play that game? | 你真的想让我跟你来这套吗 |
[15:59] | This isn’t a game for me. | 对我来说不是这套那套的问题 |
[16:00] | We’re a reputable company with very high standards. | 我们是有着极好声誉的高标准公司 |
[16:03] | Very high bonuses that get even higher with your denial rate. | 奖金很高 并会随着拒绝率而升高 |
[16:06] | I was gonna suggest we end this | 我本想在我们说出会后悔的话前 |
[16:08] | before we say something we’ll regret, | 结束这段对话 |
[16:10] | but I believe that just happened. | 但你已经把话说完了 |
[16:12] | Gretchen’s socially isolated, depressed, | 格雷琴社会关系疏离 抑郁 |
[16:14] | and that’s only gonna get worse. | 而且只会变得更糟 |
[16:16] | What if she slashes her wrists? | 如果她割腕了怎么办 |
[16:18] | You’d prefer to cover that? | 你想为那负责吗 |
[16:19] | Are you threatening me with a teenage girl’s suicide? | 你是在用青少年自杀来威胁我吗 |
[16:21] | And God forbid something does happen to her, | 但愿不会如此 她真出什么事的话 |
[16:24] | ’cause I’ll make sure that this conversation’s | 我保证这段对话 |
[16:26] | part of the permanent record. | 会被永久记录下来 |
[16:40] | Dr. Andrews said smiles are contagious, | 安德鲁斯医生说笑是会传染的 |
[16:43] | and I’m testing that hypothesis. | 我在验证这个假设 |
[16:46] | Well, I’m not sure your study will prove anything. | 我不确定你的研究会证明什么 |
[16:48] | It might have something to do with the lack of the Duchenne Marker. | 但应该和缺少微笑肌有关 |
[16:51] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[16:53] | But here you go. | 但是看 |
[16:58] | That wasn’t a smile. | 那不是笑 |
[17:00] | Sure it was. | 当然是 |
[17:04] | I want to show you something. | 我有东西给你看 |
[17:17] | You need to follow me. | 你得跟着我 |
[17:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:22] | The impostor has poisoned | 那个冒名顶替的家伙已经损害了 |
[17:24] | the real Lucy’s medical record. | 真正的露西的医疗记录 |
[17:25] | We have to go through every medication, | 我们得查看每一次用药 |
[17:26] | every notation, every test to determine whose is whose. | 每个注释 每个检验 来区分开她们俩的病历 |
[17:29] | Doing that with zero tolerance for errors | 如果按照对错误零容忍的原则来做的话 |
[17:31] | could take six months. | 需要六个月 |
[17:32] | Well, the paperwork is our problem, not hers. | 文书工作是我们的问题 不是她的 |
[17:34] | Not if the confusion results in a harmful treatment | 除非混乱导致了有害的治疗 |
[17:37] | or incorrect diagnosis. | 或者错误的诊断 |
[17:38] | Well, we have to do something. | 我们得做点什么 |
[17:39] | This woman is in serious pain. | 她承受着很大的痛苦 |
[17:41] | So we treat her, just be clever about it. | 所以我们要为她提供治疗 只是做得聪明点 |
[17:48] | Shaun. | 肖恩 |
[17:49] | Shaun, I’ve already had two iced coffees — | 肖恩 我已经喝了两杯冰咖啡了… |
[17:51] | Debbie. Hello, Debbie. | 黛比 你好 黛比 |
[17:53] | – Shaun. – You flirted with Dr. Glassman. | -肖恩 -你和格拉斯曼医生调情了 |
[17:56] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[17:58] | ‘Cause I have a new friend, and he needs one, too. | 因为我有新朋友了 他也需要一个 |
[18:01] | – I’m so sorry. – Okay. Look, Dr. Glassman, | -我很抱歉 -好了 格拉斯曼医生 |
[18:03] | Debbie’s facial proportions are close to optimal, okay — | 黛比的脸部比例接近完美了… |
[18:06] | .38 vertical and .48 horizontal… | 纵0.38 横0.48 |
[18:09] | – I’m so sorry. – …so you should find her attractive. | -真的很抱歉 -你应该会觉得她很有魅力的 |
[18:11] | Thank you? | 谢谢 |
[18:12] | S-S-Shaun. I-I’m so sorry. | 肖恩 我很抱歉 |
[18:14] | And I think you’re both Jewish. | 你们俩应该都是犹太人 |
[18:18] | Tribal commonality is highly conducive to social bonding. | 部落共性是十分有利于社会联系的 |
[18:30] | Shalom? | 你好 |
[18:32] | Bullies can’t put a value on your smile, | 欺负你的人不能给你的微笑赋予价值 |
[18:34] | nor can Dr. Murphy, | 莫菲医生也不行 |
[18:36] | but it seems the insurance company can. | 但是保险公司可以 |
[18:38] | They’ve agreed to pay $43,750, | 他们同意支付43750美元 |
[18:42] | about 85% of the entire cost. | 大概是整个治疗费用的百分之八十五 |
[18:46] | I can cover the rest of that. | 我可以支付剩下的部分 |
[18:49] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[18:50] | Oh, sweetie, please, let me do this for you. | 宝贝 求你了 让我为你这么做吧 |
[19:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:09] | “Jane Doe”? | 「无名氏」 |
[19:10] | That’s the only way that we can treat you right now. | 这是我们能现在对你进行治疗的唯一的方法 |
[19:12] | Go home and get some rest. | 回家 休息休息 |
[19:13] | The records department will call you to sort all this out. | 记录部门会给你打电话来解决这个问题的 |
[19:19] | A year ago, I was playing tennis. | 一年前 我在打网球 |
[19:22] | And then the shingles hit, | 之后得了带状疱疹 |
[19:23] | and I was laid up for six weeks, | 卧床六周 |
[19:25] | and I’ve been on pain meds ever since. | 从那时起我就一直服用止痛药 |
[19:28] | I lost my job, my husband treats me like I’m an old lady, | 我丢了工作 我丈夫就像对待老太太一样对待我 |
[19:31] | and my daughter thinks I’m too medicated | 我女儿觉得我服用了太多药物 |
[19:33] | to be around the new baby. | 不让我接近我刚出生的外孙 |
[19:38] | Maybe I’ll be better off as “Jane Doe.” | 也许当一个「无名氏」对我来说更好 |
[19:48] | The imposter returns. | 冒名顶替的家伙回来了 |
[19:58] | Lucy? | 露西 |
[19:59] | Lucy, can you squeeze my fingers? | 露西 能捏一下我的手指吗 |
[20:03] | “Lucy”? | 「露西」 |
[20:06] | She’s in septic shock. | 她败血性休克了 |
[20:07] | Order a lactate level, blood cultures, | 测下乳酸水平 做个血培养 |
[20:09] | and a broad-spectrum antibiotic. | 注射广谱抗生素 |
[20:10] | I’ll tell Melendez | 我去告诉梅伦德斯 |
[20:11] | we’ve initiated Sepsis Protocol. | 我们已经开始治疗她的脓毒症了 |
[20:12] | We should report her. | 我们应该举报她 |
[20:14] | She’s a criminal and a flight risk. | 她是个罪犯 有潜逃的危险 |
[20:15] | And very, very sick. | 病情非常严重 |
[20:16] | We should put someone outside her door | 我们应该让人在外面看住她 |
[20:18] | and arrest her when she’s stable. | 等她稳定下来逮捕她 |
[20:19] | We don’t report patients we find with drugs | 我们不会上报服药的患者 |
[20:22] | or non-violent people with guns. | 也不会上报持枪的非暴力的人 |
[20:23] | We do report people who steal from us. | 我们上报偷我们东西的人 |
[20:25] | What would happen if people who needed our help | 如果需要我们帮助的人觉得他们会被逮捕的话 |
[20:28] | thought they would be arrested? | 会发生什么呢 |
[20:30] | If they thought they would be arrested for stealing an ID, | 如果他们觉得会因为盗用别人的身份而被逮捕的话 |
[20:32] | maybe they wouldn’t steal an ID. | 也许他们就不应该盗用他人身份 |
[20:33] | I don’t remember anything in the Hippocratic Oath | 我不记得希波克拉底誓言里有 |
[20:35] | about checking payor sources before treatment. | 在治疗病患之前要检查付款人的来源 |
[20:37] | Strongly suggesting | 问题是 |
[20:38] | there was no health insurance in 4th century B.C., Greece. | 公元前四世纪的希腊是没有保险的 |
[20:44] | We have a duty to treat, | 我们有责任对病人进行治疗 |
[20:47] | and we have the right to get paid. | 我们有权获得报酬 |
[20:49] | But first things first. | 但事有轻重缓急 |
[20:51] | Oh, God, I really do not want to be sued | 天啊 我真的不想 |
[20:54] | by either one of these women. | 被这两个人中的任何一个起诉 |
[20:59] | Maintain the pretense. | 继续假装不知道 |
[21:01] | And as soon as she’s stabilized, | 她一稳定下来 |
[21:03] | we’re gonna press charges. | 我们就提出控告 |
[21:08] | Dr. Park, pull the muscle, please. | 朴医生 麻烦牵引一下肌肉 |
[21:10] | We don’t want any excess gathering in the suture line. | 我们不想肌肉过多聚集在缝合线处 |
[21:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:17] | Okay, remove retractors. | 好了 拿走牵引器 |
[21:24] | Ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[21:33] | Are you sure you don’t want something for the pain? | 你确定你不想要止痛药之类的吗 |
[21:35] | No. No, I’m good — | 不 不要 我很好… |
[21:37] | as long as you keep talking to me. | 只要你和我一直和说话就好 |
[21:39] | Especially if you share something, uh, very painful. | 最好能分享些很痛苦的事 |
[21:43] | Painful? | 痛苦 |
[21:45] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[21:47] | like the time I mistook my biology teacher | 就像那次我把我的生物老师 |
[21:51] | for my girlfriend and picked her up in the hallway? | 错当成我女朋友 在走廊里把她举起来 |
[21:55] | Yeah, twirled her around three times | 对 在我意识到我认错人之前 |
[21:57] | before I realized my mistake. | 抱着她转了大概三圈 |
[21:59] | That kind of painful? | 那种痛苦 |
[22:01] | You may have to dig even deeper than that. | 你可能得再努力想想了 |
[22:07] | How about… | 那… |
[22:11] | the time I finally found myself in the perfect situation? | 我终于觉得我自己处于一个完美的的时候 |
[22:16] | You know, work, friends, future… | 工作 朋友 未来… |
[22:22] | something I never really had before. | 我以前未曾拥有的东西 |
[22:26] | Maybe that’s why I screwed it up. | 也许那就是我搞砸的原因 |
[22:31] | You’re not responding to the antibiotics like we’d hoped… | 你没有如我们所想的对抗生素产生反应… |
[22:36] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[22:38] | You know, don’t you? | 你知道了 是吗 |
[22:41] | When the real Lucy Callard showed up, | 真正的露西·卡拉尔出现了 |
[22:43] | it kind of gave you away. | 让你露出了马脚 |
[22:46] | Is there anyone we can contact? | 需要我帮你联系谁吗 |
[22:50] | Do you have any children? | 你有孩子吗 |
[22:52] | A son. | 有一个儿子 |
[22:55] | But he’d be so ashamed of me. | 但是他肯定会觉得我很丢人的 |
[22:58] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 |
[22:58] | College. | 上大学 |
[23:00] | first one in our family. | 家族第一个大学生 |
[23:02] | I had to choose between premiums and tuition. | 保险费和学费只能二选一 |
[23:08] | Your son is very lucky to have such a loving mother. | 有你这个慈爱的母亲 你儿子真幸运 |
[23:14] | I just wish you got your antibiotics | 我只希望你拿到止痛药时 |
[23:15] | when you got your pain meds. | 也拿走了抗生素 |
[23:18] | I didn’t get either medication. | 我没有拿任何药物 |
[23:20] | Are you sure? | 确定吗 |
[23:22] | Because the real Lucy was having problems with the pharmacy. | 因为真正的露西在药房有些问题 |
[23:25] | I didn’t want to risk using the card again. | 我不想再冒险用那张卡 |
[23:29] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[23:37] | Maybe it’s time to move on — | 或许该往前看 |
[23:39] | take the lesson with you, find new friends. | 汲取经验教训 结交新朋友 |
[23:43] | I went to Denver – for an interview last week. | 上周我去丹佛面试了 |
[23:47] | And? | 然后呢 |
[23:50] | And…we’re done. | 然后… 弄好了 |
[23:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:57] | Take a look. | 看看吧 |
[23:59] | Hey, trust me. | 相信我 |
[24:08] | See? Beautiful. | 瞧啊 漂亮吧 |
[24:19] | The kid, college — | 孩子 大学 |
[24:20] | it’s just a convenient sob story. | 真是能轻易让人动容的故事 |
[24:22] | Why would she lie if she may be dying? | 她可能命都保不住了 为何要撒谎 |
[24:26] | Here’s what we don’t know about fake Lucy — | 我们无法确定假露西说的 |
[24:28] | whether her story is true. | 是否是真话 |
[24:30] | Here’s what we do know — | 但我们知道的是 |
[24:31] | She’s a liar who just found out she’s busted. | 她是刚被揭穿的骗子 |
[24:34] | Speaking of lies, | 说到撒谎 |
[24:36] | that shingles virus that the real Lucy had last year? | 真露西去年感染的带状疱疹病毒 |
[24:39] | According to Dr. Spindler at Santa Clara General, | 根据圣卡拉拉综合医院的斯宾德勒医生所说 |
[24:41] | she had it the year before, too, | 她前年也感染过 |
[24:43] | and according to Dr. Millhouse at SF Muni, | 而根据旧金山市立医院的米尔豪斯医生所说 |
[24:45] | the year before that. | 她大前年也感染过 |
[24:48] | She wasn’t denied the pain meds because of our imposter. | 她没法拿到止痛药不是因为我们的冒充者 |
[24:51] | She was denied | 她被拒绝 |
[24:53] | because she is a garden-variety addict. | 是因为她是个瘾君子 |
[24:55] | Well-played, sir. | 想象力很丰富 姑娘 |
[25:06] | Dr. Park says the surgery went well. | 朴医生说手术很顺利 |
[25:10] | It’s been too long. | 时间太久了 |
[25:12] | What has? | 什么太久了 |
[25:13] | She should be breathing on her own by now. | 她现在应该可以自主呼吸了 |
[25:16] | Even after prolonged anesthesia, | 即便是麻醉时间延长了 |
[25:18] | it should only take 60 to 90 minutes. | 应该只用六十到九十分钟 |
[25:26] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[25:28] | She should have – protective airway reflexes, | 她应该有保护性气道反射 |
[25:31] | motor activity, – and a return of consciousness. | 肌动活动 并苏醒过来 |
[25:36] | I need to page Dr. Andrews, STAT. | 我得立即呼叫安德鲁斯医生 |
[25:38] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[25:40] | Something bad. | 情况不妙 |
[25:47] | Gretchen’s glucose is within normal limits | 格雷琴的血糖值正常 |
[25:50] | and her electrolytes are also normal. | 她的电解质也正常 |
[25:53] | And we’ve ruled out hyper- and hypothermia. | 那就排除体温过高和过低 |
[25:55] | It doesn’t leave much. What about hypoxia? | 剩下的可能性不多 会不会是供氧不足 |
[25:57] | Uh, she maintained normal oxygen, | 她的供养正常 |
[25:58] | as well as end tidal CO2 throughout the entire case, | 整个箱子里的呼气末二氧化碳含量也正常 |
[26:00] | and we’ve given reversal agents… | 我们也开了反转剂 |
[26:03] | which we will repeat. | 还会再开 |
[26:06] | Do you feel bad? | 你内疚吗 |
[26:10] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[26:12] | You told them it was close to risk-free. | 你告诉他们手术几乎没有风险 |
[26:15] | They knew there were risks, and I told them, too. | 他们知道有风险 我也跟他们说了 |
[26:19] | Get a CT. Rule out clots, | 做CT扫描 排查血栓 |
[26:21] | hematoma, bleeding, and stroke. | 血肿 出血和中风的可能性 |
[26:37] | WBCs and lactate are rising, | 白细胞数和乳酸浓度在升高 |
[26:38] | O2 sat and MAP are falling. | 血氧饱和度和平均动脉压在下降 |
[26:40] | The Sepsis Protocol isn’t working. | 败血症治疗程序没有效果 |
[26:42] | Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome. | 多器官功能障碍综合征 |
[26:43] | Medications? | 药物治疗呢 |
[26:44] | Another antibiotic, ah, continue crystalloids, | 又服了抗生素 继续注射晶体溶液 |
[26:47] | – increase her vasopressors? – Low-dose steroids? | -增加了升压药用量 -注射低剂量类固醇 |
[26:49] | Give ’em all at try, and intubate her and insert a swan. | 全都试试 给她插漂浮导管 |
[26:52] | And, yes, I understand this is out of our own pocket. | 对 我知道这是倒贴钱 |
[27:11] | Do anything exciting for Purim? | 普珥节玩得还刺激吗 |
[27:15] | Purim. Uh, no. | 普珥节 没有 |
[27:17] | Yeah — you know, the usual. | 就是老样子 |
[27:19] | Ate a little matzah, | 就吃了点无酵饼 |
[27:21] | and celebrated our “Exodus from slavery”… | 庆祝了「奴隶出埃及记」 |
[27:26] | which I think is Passover and not Purim. | 我觉得是逾越节而不是普珥节 |
[27:31] | The truth of the matter is, I’m only half Jewish, | 其实我只有一半的犹太血统 |
[27:35] | so only half the knowledge. | 所以只有一半的背景知识 |
[27:37] | The truth is I-I’m not Jewish at all. | 其实我根本不是犹太人 |
[27:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:43] | Yeah, my first husband was. | 我第一任丈夫是犹太人 |
[27:46] | So I guess we have our lack of Jewishness in common. | 那我们的共同点就是都不是十足的犹太人 |
[27:53] | You know what, Debbie? I think I-I should get going. | 是这样的 黛比 我该走了 |
[27:57] | Okay. Well, it was — it was nice, | 好 聊得很愉快 |
[27:59] | finally meeting you, officially. | 终于和你正式见面了 |
[28:02] | Same. | 我也是 |
[28:06] | Oh, no, look at that! | 天啊 看看那个 |
[28:10] | A 1975 300d, | 1975年的 |
[28:13] | one of the most perfect Mercedes ever | 最完美的梅赛德斯300D |
[28:15] | just got a little less perfect. | 有点不那么完美了 |
[28:17] | I beg to differ. | 恕我不能赞同 |
[28:18] | If you’re looking for perfection, | 如果你想要完美的汽车 |
[28:19] | you look no further than the 1967 280SE. | 那肯定只有1967年的280SE车型 |
[28:23] | Cabriolet or coupe? | 敞篷车还是跑车 |
[28:24] | The coupe — an all-time classic. | 跑车 历史经典款 |
[28:26] | Well, an owner of a 300SL Gullwing | 300SL鸥翼车门的车主 |
[28:29] | might argue otherwise. | 或许有不同的看法 |
[28:31] | – A Gullwing? – Yeah. | -鸥翼车门 -对 |
[28:34] | Can I get you another coffee? | 能再给你买杯咖啡吗 |
[28:37] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[28:40] | Iced, large, black. | 大杯冰美式 |
[28:41] | – That’s it. – I know. | -没问题 -很好 |
[29:00] | That’s a little bit unsettling, Murphy. | 你这样有点让人不安 莫菲 |
[29:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:09] | Why are you studying the current of ions during electrolysis? | 你为什么在研究电解过程中的离子流 |
[29:14] | It’s not the chemical kind of transference. | 不是化学传递 |
[29:17] | It’s the doctor-patient kind. | 是医生病患间的传递 |
[29:20] | I’m dealing with a personal situation. | 我在研究个人问题 |
[29:22] | I don’t think the Internet is very helpful | 我觉得互联网 |
[29:24] | for solving personal situations. | 并不能帮你解决个人问题 |
[29:27] | True. | 没错 |
[29:29] | But I can’t exactly ask Claire for her advice, | 但我不能询问克莱尔的意见 |
[29:31] | and I barely know Park, and Morgan — | 而我跟朴和摩根又不熟 |
[29:33] | Morgan would be bad. | 摩根很厉害 |
[29:36] | Very bad. | 非常厉害 |
[29:42] | I’m a person. | 我也是人 |
[29:45] | Yeah. | 对 |
[29:46] | No, no — Yeah, of course, Shaun. | 不不 对 当然了 肖恩 |
[29:47] | I’d, uh, I’d love your advice. | 我也想听听你的意见 |
[29:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:52] | So I think Celez, my burn patient, | 我的那位烧伤患者 塞拉斯 |
[29:55] | has feelings for me, and I… | 对我动情了 而我… |
[29:59] | may have feelings for her, too. | 可能也对她动情了 |
[30:02] | But there’s a good chance her feelings aren’t real, | 但很有可能她的感情并不是真的 |
[30:05] | and if they are real, | 如果是真的 |
[30:05] | then they may not be permanent. | 可能也不会持久 |
[30:12] | You know, it’s kind of textbook transference — | 有点像教科书般的传递 |
[30:14] | she’s grateful and she’s vulnerable. | 她心存感激 她很脆弱 |
[30:19] | And all I’ve ever known in my life | 我这辈子经历过的 |
[30:21] | is unrequited love… | 没有回应的爱 |
[30:27] | from Claire and from my parents. | 就是来自克莱尔和我的父母 |
[30:35] | And that makes me vulnerable, too. | 我也因此很脆弱 |
[30:47] | You should call in sick. | 你该请病假 |
[30:52] | Lea says calling in sick is all you need | 莉亚说请病假 |
[30:55] | to gain superior wisdom and knowledge. | 可以获得至高的智慧和知识 |
[30:58] | She was right. | 她说得对 |
[31:10] | The CT showed no abnormalities, | CT扫描显示无异常 |
[31:12] | and the reversal agents have been repeated without effect. | 而且也反复用了反转剂 并没有效果 |
[31:17] | So what else could it be? | 那还有什么可能 |
[31:18] | Anoxic brain injury, | 缺氧性脑受伤 |
[31:20] | a complication of anesthesia. | 麻醉药的并发症 |
[31:25] | Unfortunately, we believe… | 很遗憾 我们认为 |
[31:27] | your daughter is brain dead. | 你的女儿已经脑死亡了 |
[31:33] | What? | 什么 |
[31:44] | All for a smile… | 全因为一个微笑 |
[31:48] | I made her think she wasn’t good enough the way she was. | 我让她误以为自己原来的样子不够好 |
[31:54] | I should’ve listened to you. | 我该听你的话 |
[31:56] | Yes. | 对 |
[31:57] | There’s just no predicting | 我们无法预测 |
[31:58] | how individuals will react to anesthesia. | 个体对麻醉药有什么反应 |
[32:01] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:10] | Park! | 朴 |
[32:11] | You just walked out on that man. | 你已经对那人尽力了 |
[32:13] | The last thing – a grieving family member needs | 悲伤的家人最不愿看到的 |
[32:14] | is to see their doctor tap out. | 就是他们的医生低头认输 |
[32:17] | Maybe she’s still under anesthesia. | 也许她还在麻醉状态中 |
[32:22] | Succinylcholine — | 琥珀酰胆碱 |
[32:23] | It was one of the anesthetics Gretchen was administered. | 是格雷琴用的麻醉药之一 |
[32:26] | – Yeah. – Now, what if | -是 -万一 |
[32:27] | she has a Plasma Cholinesterase Deficiency? | 她有血浆胆碱酯酶缺乏症 |
[32:30] | It’d mean her body couldn’t break down that specific drug. | 这意味着她的机体无法分解这一药物 |
[32:32] | Complete deficiency is extremely rare. | 完全缺乏是非常罕见的 |
[32:34] | I’ve never personally seen it, | 我个人从没见过 |
[32:36] | and I don’t know anyone who has. | 我也不知道有谁缺乏胆碱酯酶 |
[32:37] | But if she does have it, | 但如果她确实缺乏 |
[32:39] | she’s just gonna wake up. | 她就能醒 |
[32:45] | Should I tell the father? | 我要不要告诉她父亲 |
[32:46] | No, not yet. | 不 先别说 |
[32:48] | No way – we’re letting him grieve twice. | 不行 我们不能让他经历两次失望 |
[32:54] | Your labs are not improving. | 你的化验结果没有好转 |
[32:56] | Your organs are shutting down. | 你的器官正在丧失功能 |
[32:59] | You’re running out of time. | 你就要没时间了 |
[33:03] | I’d like – to stop calling you “Lucy.” | 我不想 再叫你「露西」 |
[33:24] | You’re welcome… | 不用谢 |
[33:26] | Beatrice. | 碧翠丝 |
[33:35] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么 |
[33:37] | Corneal reflex. | 角膜反射 |
[33:42] | It’s mediated by the nasociliary branch of the ophthalmic branch. | 它是由眼神经的鼻睫神经分支支配的 |
[33:54] | What does it mean? | 什么意思 |
[33:56] | It means we were wrong. | 这说明我们错了 |
[33:59] | She’s gonna be just fine. | 她会好起来的 |
[34:05] | Thank you, Doctor. Thank you. | 谢谢你 医生 谢谢你 |
[34:09] | Thank y– | 谢谢 |
[34:11] | Thank you, Dr. Murphy. | 谢谢你 莫菲医生 |
[34:22] | Honey, you’re gonna be okay. | 亲爱的 你会好的 |
[34:24] | You’re gonna be just fine. | 你会好起来的 |
[34:26] | I was drawing a bath, and I leaned over to turn it off, | 我在放洗澡水 我弯腰关水 |
[34:28] | and I dropped the pill bottle, | 然后药瓶掉了进去 |
[34:30] | and before I could fish it out — | 我把它捞出来之前 |
[34:32] | All the pills were ruined. So you need a refill. | 药片就都湿了 你想再要瓶药 |
[34:34] | My pain has made me so clumsy. | 这疼痛让我变笨了 |
[34:37] | Lucy, you’re a liar | 露西 你谎话连篇 |
[34:40] | and a cheat and an addict. | 还是个骗子 瘾君子 |
[34:45] | We know about – the frequent prescriptions, | 我们发现了 你经常开药 |
[34:47] | the multiple doctors, and the ever-recurring shingles. | 找不同的医生 不停复发的带状疱疹 |
[34:53] | You have – a serious medical problem. | 你有很严重的健康问题 |
[34:58] | Let me help you. | 让我来帮你 |
[35:06] | Three months? | 三个月 |
[35:07] | Hopefully. | 有希望 |
[35:09] | But we might be able to give you | 但现在我们能让你 |
[35:11] | a pretty good idea of what you’re gonna look like. | 感受一下到时候你是什么样子 |
[35:13] | Those things by your ears are neuro-stimulators. | 你耳朵旁边的是神经刺激器 |
[35:16] | When we activate them, instant smile. | 我们一刺激它 就会笑 |
[35:19] | Sound good? | 不错吧 |
[35:23] | Dr. Murphy. | 莫菲医生 |
[35:36] | It’s your mother’s smile. | 这就是你妈妈的笑容 |
[35:38] | She seemed like a good template. | 她看上去是个不错的例子 |
[35:43] | There is no Duchenne Marker. | 没有杜氏标记 |
[35:47] | Her smile is not real. | 她的笑容不是真的 |
[35:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:58] | But all the other ones are. | 但其他人的都是 |
[36:06] | All the other ones are. | 其他人的都是 |
[36:08] | I spoke with Jim Ransler, | 我和吉姆·兰斯勒谈过了 |
[36:10] | who made it very clear that we owe him big time for this. | 他说得很清楚 我们这次欠他个大人情 |
[36:15] | Don’t worry, Marcus, I can handle him. | 别担心 马库斯 我能搞定他 |
[36:18] | I’m very impressed. | 我很感兴趣 |
[36:20] | It was all – very presidential of you. | 你非常强势 |
[36:23] | You really went above and beyond. | 你真的努力推动了 |
[36:25] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[36:27] | I thought – I was saving her life — | 我以为我是在救她 |
[36:29] | instead, I nearly ended it. | 相反 我差点害了她 |
[36:34] | Celez, hi. | 塞拉斯 你好 |
[36:36] | This is the brilliant Dr. Murphy. | 这是杰出的莫菲医生 |
[36:39] | He’ll be assuming your care from here on, | 他从现在开始负责照料你 |
[36:42] | though I don’t expect you’ll need much. | 但我觉得你可能也不需要什么照料了 |
[36:45] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[36:48] | I don’t think you do. | 我不觉得 |
[36:50] | You see, doctors aren’t allowed to date their patients. | 是这样 医生是不能和自己的患者约会的 |
[36:58] | What are you doing tomorrow? | 你明天有空吗 |
[37:00] | I’m calling in sick. | 我请病假 |
[37:07] | I think you may still have some friends here. | 我觉得你在这儿还是有朋友的 |
[37:23] | I guess there is one upside to all this. | 我猜这里还是有一件好事的 |
[37:28] | If she hadn’t bought the stolen insurance card, | 如果她没买那张被偷了的保险卡 |
[37:31] | the real Lucy wouldn’t be in rehab right now. | 真正的露西现在也不会在戒瘾中心了 |
[37:36] | Surprisingly nice. | 出乎意料的好 |
[37:38] | I told her what she needed to hear to get help. | 我跟她说了为了得到帮助 她所应该知道的事情 |
[37:42] | Trust me, I get it — | 相信我 我懂 |
[37:43] | too soft, – people take advantage of you. | 太软弱 人们就利用你 |
[37:46] | But with your badass upbringing, | 但你经历了野蛮的成长环境 |
[37:47] | no one messes with you. | 就没人跟你打马虎眼儿 |
[37:50] | Upsides everywhere. | 焉知非福 |
[37:52] | You have way more street cred than, say, | 你有比某些人强得多的和各色人等打交道的本领 |
[37:56] | someone whose mom’s a Johns Hopkins cardiologist, | 那些母亲是约翰霍普金斯的心脏学家 |
[37:59] | whose dad’s a pathologist, | 父亲是病理学家的人 |
[38:01] | and whose parents have been happily married for 37 years. | 那些父母结婚37年 婚姻幸福的人 |
[38:07] | Coming from privilege — zero respect. | 出生优渥 得不到尊重 |
[38:11] | Must be really hard to overcome. | 要克服真是太困难了 |
[38:17] | – I’ll call a code. – No. | -我拉警报 -别 |
[38:21] | There’s nothing left to save. | 没什么好拯救的了 |
[38:36] | Time of death, 8:14 P.M. | 死亡时间 晚上8:14 |
[38:50] | I’ll notify her son. | 我去通知她儿子 |
[39:44] | My homies decided to pop by | 我家那边的朋友决定过来 |
[39:46] | and, uh, play some Texas Hold’em, | 玩德州扑克 |
[39:48] | so I’m gonna have to take a rain check on that pizza night. | 我们改天晚上再吃披萨吧 |
[39:51] | You got – a 70-inch flat-screen, too. | 你也有台53寸的纯平电视 |
[39:55] | No. I borrowed yours. | 不 我从你那儿借的 |
[39:59] | Makes no sense for us both to have one, right? | 我们一人一台没什么必要 对吧 |
[40:01] | Plus homies – got to watch March Madness. | 而且我朋友 得看疯狂三月的篮球联赛 |
[40:04] | – Okay. – Oh, um, sorry, amigo. | -好吧 -对不起 朋友 |
[40:06] | It’s four-player Texas Hold’em. | 是四人的得州扑克 |
[40:09] | – I don’t like poker anyway. – Hey, Shaun. | -反正我也不喜欢打牌 -肖恩 |
[40:14] | Look, you’re a great guy, | 听着 你是个好人 |
[40:17] | but you got a few, | 但你有点儿 |
[40:20] | like, quirks, you know? | 怪怪的 你知道吧 |
[40:23] | And that — | 而且 |
[40:26] | It doesn’t really… | 这和现在这种场合 |
[40:28] | jive with this kind of face time. | 不太合得来 |
[40:32] | You get what I’m saying, right? | 你明白我什么意思 是吧 |
[40:39] | I love you, man. | 我爱你 兄弟 |
[40:51] | I once drove a 300SL — | 我开过一次300SL |
[40:55] | Thank you — a 300SL Gullwing. | 谢谢 一辆300SL鸥翼 |
[40:59] | On the road? | 在路上开的 |
[41:00] | No. | 不是 |
[41:01] | For 200 feet – at the Concours d’Elegance. | 开了六十米 在汽车巡展上 |
[41:03] | Oh, in Pebble Beach — That’s just as cool. | 卵石湾巡展 一样厉害 |
[41:05] | The car show — You know it. | 车展 你居然知道 |
[41:06] | Of course, yeah. | 当然了 |
[41:08] | This year, they’re featuring a Rollston Coachwork display. | 今年他们的特色是展出罗斯顿车身制造商的车 |
[41:12] | Including the Mercedes SS? | 包括梅赛德斯SS吗 |
[41:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[41:15] | But we should find out. | 但我们得去看看 |
[41:18] | Do you want to go? | 你想去吗 |
[41:20] | I couldn’t. | 我去不了 |
[41:22] | Yeah, no, I — | 不行 我 |
[41:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[41:27] | No reason. | 没有原因 |
[41:28] | I just — I just…thought | 我只是 我只是觉得 |
[41:30] | that I should make that my first response before I accepted. | 我在接受之前应该做出第一反应 |
[41:38] | Can I get you anything else? | 还需要别的吗 |
[41:40] | No, thank you. – We’ll just take the doorstop. | 不用 谢谢 我们要个门档 |
[41:47] | I’m sorry. Um, well — | 抱歉 |
[41:49] | Well, you can bring the doorstop. | 请把门档拿来 |
[41:55] | Aaron? | 亚伦 |
[41:58] | Sorry. Um… | 抱歉 |
[42:00] | The thing… | 那个 |
[42:05] | The thing — The thing — The thing that — that — | 那个 那个 那个 |
[42:06] | that t-tells you how much to pay, the — the doorstop. | 告诉你要付多少钱的 门档 |
[42:16] | Could you call a — | 请你叫… |
[42:17] | Can you call an ambulance, please? Thank you. | 请你叫救护车 谢谢 |