时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | 我去上班了 肖恩 | |
[00:27] | You’re here early. Trouble sleeping? | 你来早了 睡眠不好吗 |
[00:30] | No. Just wanted to get out of my apartment and to work. | 不是 就是想赶紧从公寓出来上班 |
[00:35] | We work you plenty hard enough. Go home. | 你工作已经很累了 回家去吧 |
[00:37] | Making sure you’re rested is also part of the job. | 确保休息好也是工作的一部分 |
[00:39] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[00:43] | What should I tell a patient | 对于不觉得自己生病 |
[00:45] | if they don’t think they’re sick | 但我认为他们得了胰腺癌的病人 |
[00:46] | but I think they have pancreatic cancer? | 我应该怎么和他们说 |
[00:49] | You think one of our patients has pancreatic cancer? | 你觉得我们有一位病人得了胰腺癌吗 |
[00:57] | Seventeen. | 十七 |
[00:59] | He’s burped 17 times in 10 minutes. | 他十分钟内打了十七次嗝 |
[01:03] | It’s a frequent symptom of pancreatic cancer. | 这是胰腺癌的常见症状 |
[01:06] | Shaun, it’s acid reflux. | 肖恩 就是胃酸倒流而已 |
[01:10] | He’s also jaundiced. | 他还有黄疸 |
[01:16] | No, he isn’t. | 不 他没有 |
[01:18] | Paul’s skin is definitely not the same color it was six months ago. | 保罗的皮肤颜色绝对和六个月前不一样 |
[01:22] | – Paul? – I looked at his mouth | -保罗 -他跟我提起他女儿时 |
[01:24] | when he was telling me about his daughter. | 我看见了他嘴里的情况 |
[01:26] | – She just… – Walk with me. | -她… -跟我走 |
[01:30] | Say nothing. | 什么都别说 |
[01:50] | Hey, Shaun. | 肖恩 |
[01:56] | Do a CVC, CMP, | 做中心静脉置管 全面代谢生化检验 |
[01:58] | amylase, lipase, CA-19 levels, | 淀粉酶 脂肪酶检测 肿瘤标志物检测 |
[02:00] | and CT abdomen, pelvis pancreatic protocol, | 还有腹腔CT 骨盆胰腺检查 |
[02:02] | and do not tell him why. | 不要告诉他为什么 |
[02:04] | You want me to lie? | 你想让我撒谎 |
[02:06] | I don’t want you to tell the truth. | 我不想让你说实话 |
[02:08] | The discoloration, if there is any, is very minor. | 如果有变色 也是很轻微的 |
[02:10] | I don’t want you scaring the crap out of the man over nothing. | 我不想让你害他虚惊一场 |
[02:12] | Excellent. I’ve been practicing lying. | 很好 我一直在练习撒谎 |
[02:15] | I lied to you before | 我刚刚就撒谎了 |
[02:16] | when I said I just wanted to get out of my apartment and to work. | 我说就是想赶紧从公寓出来上班是骗人的 |
[02:21] | Take Claire. | 带上克莱尔 |
[02:26] | Hello. I’m Dr. Lim. | 你好 我是利姆医生 |
[02:28] | How can I help you today… | 我能帮到你什么呢… |
[02:29] | Asha? | 亚莎 |
[02:32] | I want plastic surgery. | 我想做整形手术 |
[02:35] | Sweetheart, this is the Emergency Room. | 亲爱的 这里是急诊 |
[02:37] | If you want, I can make an appointment for you… | 如果你想 我可以帮你预约… |
[02:40] | Well, you do vaginal rejuvenation, right? | 你会做阴道修复手术 对吗 |
[02:43] | Yes… | 会… |
[02:44] | On much older, much vainer women, | 给更老更虚荣的女人做过 |
[02:46] | generally after having many children. | 通常都生过很多孩子了 |
[02:49] | I don’t know what the boys have told you… | 我不知道男孩们怎么说你… |
[02:51] | Examine me. | 给我做检查 |
[02:54] | Please. | 求你了 |
[02:56] | Please take off your underwear. | 请脱下你的内裤 |
[03:23] | Were you in an accident? | 你遇到什么意外了吗 |
[03:25] | No. | 没有 |
[03:27] | Can you help me? | 你能帮我吗 |
[03:29] | – Did your father do this to you? – No. | -是你父亲干的吗 -不是 |
[03:31] | – Please just… – Did your mother… | -拜托… -是你母亲… |
[03:33] | I need to know who did this to you. | 我得知道是谁干的 |
[03:34] | No, you don’t! It doesn’t matter who… | 不 不需要知道 是谁干的不重要… |
[03:44] | When I was 2 years old… | 在我两岁的时候… |
[03:47] | I was… tied down, and I was circumcised. | 我被绑起来 做了割礼 |
[03:56] | Please. | 求你了 |
[03:58] | I’m hideous. | 我丑死了 |
[04:04] | Will you help me? | 你能帮我吗 |
[04:09] | Yes. | 能 |
[04:22] | Why do you need to confirm a diagnosis of acid reflux? | 你们为什么要诊断我是不是胃酸倒流 |
[04:26] | Because we’re doctors. It’s what we do. | 因为我们是医生 这就是我们的工作 |
[04:28] | We just like to be sure of everything. | 只想确保万无一失 |
[04:32] | There are a few remote possibilities… | 有很小的可能性… |
[04:35] | I’ve got this! | 我来 |
[04:38] | Are you familiar with the hospital employee manual | 你知道医院员工手册 |
[04:41] | section 17, subsection C, triple I? | 第十七节 第三小节 第三条的内容吗 |
[04:44] | – No. – Good. | -不知道 -很好 |
[04:45] | – Good? – Yes. | -很好 -是的 |
[04:47] | It requires that | 那条要求 |
[04:49] | all employees shall be subject to, | 所有的员工都要 |
[04:52] | and I quote, | 原话是 |
[04:54] | “Any and all possible necessary tests | 「做任何有必要的检测来确认诊断 |
[04:56] | to confirm any and all diagnoses, | 「做任何有必要的检测来确认诊断 |
[04:58] | no matter how mundane, the cost of which tests | 无论检测有多普通 费用就将由 |
[05:00] | shall be borne by the hospital,” end quote. | 医院全部承担」 引用完毕 |
[05:09] | The Board wants to make sure | 董事会想确保 |
[05:11] | that no one is exposed to patients | 万一有病人得了传染性疾病 |
[05:14] | if there is any chance that they have | 不能让任何人接触到 |
[05:15] | any communicable condition. | 有传染病的病人 |
[05:23] | I had the flu last week. | 我上个星期感冒了 |
[05:26] | Why didn’t anybody do anything for me then? | 那时候怎么没人给我检查 |
[05:31] | – It’s a new policy. – You might have pancreatic cancer. | -是医院的新政策 -你可能得了胰腺癌 |
[05:35] | What? | 什么 |
[05:37] | What’d he say? | 他说什么 |
[05:39] | Female genital mutilation | 女性割礼 |
[05:41] | is the ritual cutting or removal of some, or all, | 是一种割掉部分或者全部 |
[05:44] | of the external female genitalia. | 女性外生殖器的宗教仪式 |
[05:46] | Over 200 million victims worldwide. | 全世界有超过两亿受害者 |
[05:49] | It is almost universally practiced | 在很多非洲和亚洲国家 |
[05:51] | in a number of African and Asian countries. | 是非常普遍的现象 |
[05:53] | Where was she born? | 她出生在哪 |
[05:55] | Wisconsin. | 威斯康星州 |
[05:57] | Yeah, it’s way more common here than you think. | 在这也比你想象的普遍得多 |
[05:59] | – What religion is she? – I didn’t ask. | -她信什么教 -我没问 |
[06:00] | This isn’t about religion. | 这和宗教无关 |
[06:02] | No legit religious organization endorses this stuff. | 合法的宗教组织不会允许这种做法的 |
[06:04] | We’re gonna do the labiaplasty first thing in the morning. | 明天一早就给她做阴唇整形 |
[06:07] | The damage done to her nerves is not going to get undone, | 阴部的神经损伤和她的精神损伤 |
[06:10] | nor is the psych damage, | 都是不可逆的 |
[06:11] | but at least she’ll look like other girls. | 但至少她能看起来像其他女孩一样 |
[06:14] | We should be able to have her out of here by 6:00 in the evening. | 我们应该能在晚上6点前让她出院 |
[06:17] | Outpatient? Why the hurry? | 门诊吗 为什么这么急 |
[06:19] | So her mother will simply think she’s in school, | 这样她妈就会认为她去上学了 |
[06:21] | then out studying with her friends. | 放学后和朋友一起学习去了 |
[06:24] | She loves her parents and doesn’t want to tell them | 她爱她的父母 不想告诉他们 |
[06:26] | that she’s rejecting one of their cultural traditions. | 她无法忍受他们的这种文化传统 |
[06:29] | They won’t stay in the dark for long, | 瞒不了他们多久的 |
[06:30] | since we’re legally obligated to report them. | 我们在法律上有义务上报 |
[06:33] | That “Cultural tradition” also fits the definition of abuse. | 那种「文化传统」同时符合虐待的定义 |
[06:35] | And they’ll also find out when we ask | 找他们签手术同意书时 |
[06:37] | for their permission to do this surgery. | 他们就会知道了 |
[06:39] | She’s a minor. | 她是未成年人 |
[06:40] | Her ID says she’s 18. | 她的身份证上写着十八了 |
[06:42] | Yes, her fake ID says she’s 18. | 对 但她的身份证是假的 |
[06:45] | Her number starts with an “H,” | 她的身份证号以「H」开头 |
[06:46] | Which means she was born in the ’50s. | 也就是说她是五十年代出生的 |
[06:48] | Also, the photo background is green instead of blue. | 还有照片背景是绿色而不是蓝色 |
[06:50] | Also six other things. | 其他六个细节也能证明是假的 |
[06:52] | Maybe we can get Legal to get a court order… | 如果能拿到法院指令 手术就是合法的 |
[06:54] | If I believe that ID is real, | 如果我相信这个证件是真的 |
[06:56] | then I am entitled to perform this surgery | 那我就有权只征询本人意见 |
[06:58] | without seeking consent of anyone other than the patient. | 进而实施手术 |
[07:01] | And, as legally required within 36 hours, | 并且法律要求我在三十六小时内 |
[07:04] | I will report the evidence of abuse | 根据证件上的名字和地址 |
[07:06] | under the name and address listed on that ID. | 上报家庭虐待相关证据 |
[07:09] | If the investigation of that report | 如果在调查开始之前 |
[07:12] | doesn’t begin until the girl is long gone | 女孩就不见了 |
[07:14] | and happens to lead nowhere because the name wasn’t real, | 而且因为用的假名导致无处查证 |
[07:17] | that’s no fault of mine. | 那也不是我的责任 |
[07:19] | Are you sure you want to risk your medical license | 你确定要用自己的行医执照做赌注吗 |
[07:21] | to protect an abusive mother? | 只为保护一个施虐的母亲 |
[07:22] | If we do this by the book, | 如果我们按章办事 |
[07:24] | we never see that girl again and no one gets help. | 我们永远不会再见到她 谁都帮不到 |
[07:26] | If we do this by the book, maybe the cops lock the parents up. | 如果我们按章办事 也许警察会把她父母关起来 |
[07:29] | We shine a light on this thing, her community gets scared, | 我们曝光这事 她的整个社群都会害怕 |
[07:31] | and maybe the next girl doesn’t need our help. | 或许就不会有需要我们帮忙的女孩了 |
[07:33] | Or maybe the testimony of the girl | 也有可能女孩说的 |
[07:35] | about what happened to her when she was 2 | 她两岁时的遭遇 |
[07:37] | doesn’t help the cops at all. | 根本帮不到警察 |
[07:39] | Maybe the parents just take their daughter home, | 有可能她会被父母带回家 |
[07:41] | and maybe we scare the next girl | 下一个女孩有可能 |
[07:43] | into not even asking for help. | 会害怕到不敢求助 |
[07:46] | I’m doing the surgery to this girl | 明天早上七点 |
[07:49] | under this name tomorrow morning at 7:00 A.M. | 我要对叫这个名字的女孩进行手术 |
[08:03] | I can’t believe people ever lie. | 我不敢相信人们会撒谎 |
[08:06] | There are so many questions people might ask you, | 有太多可能被问及的问题了 |
[08:10] | but if you tell the truth, | 但如果你说真话 |
[08:12] | you already know the answers. | 你早就知道答案了 |
[08:15] | And, also, it’s wrong. | 但这是不对的 |
[08:17] | But sometimes, | 但有时候 |
[08:20] | you shouldn’t tell the whole truth? | 不该说出全部的事实吗 |
[08:23] | No. Of course not. | 是的 当然不能 |
[08:26] | Because that lets you be honorable | 因为说实话让你有尊严 |
[08:28] | and tell the truth and be a good person, | 而且代表你是个好人 |
[08:32] | but at the same time, | 但同时 |
[08:33] | you get to completely deceive the person. | 你又可以完全骗到对方 |
[08:36] | – No, I don’t think that… – Lea came back. | -不 我不认为 -莉亚回来了 |
[08:40] | Shaun, that’s great. | 肖恩 太棒了 |
[08:41] | She’s staying with me until she finds her own place. | 在找到住处前她都和我住一起 |
[08:45] | You must be so excited. | 你肯定很兴奋 |
[08:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:51] | You’re not excited? | 你不开心吗 |
[08:53] | I said, “Yes.” | 我说「是的」 |
[08:58] | Paul has one year to live. | 保罗只有一年可活了 |
[09:02] | He has pancreatic cancer. | 他患有胰腺癌 |
[09:05] | Stage III. | 第三阶段 |
[09:12] | There are no metastatic lesions, but there are local nodes involved. | 无病灶转移 但局部有淋巴结 |
[09:14] | And there’s partial encasement of the superior mesenteric artery. | 肠系膜上动脉部分包裹 |
[09:17] | That puts it past the point where we can cure with local resection. | 所以我们现在已不能实施局部切除术 |
[09:21] | We could do Whipple surgery. | 我们可以实施惠普尔手术 |
[09:23] | That’s not advised for stage III pancreatic cancer. | 不建议给第三阶段的胰腺癌患者做那手术 |
[09:25] | Not quite. It’s not advised for stage IV. | 并不是 第四阶段的患者不合适 |
[09:28] | For stage III, it’s discretionary. | 第三阶段的患者 要酌情商议 |
[09:31] | In my discretion, | 那我的决定是 |
[09:32] | he’s better off with 12 semi-comfortable months, | 一年不太舒服的日子 |
[09:34] | rather than running the risk of dying on the table tomorrow. | 也好过冒险明天死在手术台上 |
[09:37] | If he doesn’t die on the table, he could have many years. | 如果他没死 那他就还能活很多年 |
[09:40] | It isn’t our call to make. | 我们说了都不算 |
[09:42] | I’ll talk to Paul, advise him of the parameters, | 我去和保罗谈谈 告知他手术风险 |
[09:44] | let him make his own decision. | 让他自己决定 |
[09:47] | No. | 不 |
[09:49] | Shaun should do it. | 让肖恩去说吧 |
[09:52] | Claire can do it. | 克莱尔可以的 |
[09:53] | Yes, she can, which is why you should do it. | 没错 所以这次让你去 |
[09:56] | This is a teaching hospital. | 这是家教学医院 |
[09:58] | Andrews is right… | 安德鲁斯是对的 |
[09:59] | Being a surgeon isn’t just about cutting. | 外科医生不仅仅是做手术 |
[10:23] | Would it be okay if we spoke someplace more quiet? | 我们可以去个更安静的地方谈谈吗 |
[10:28] | You need someplace quiet to tell me I have acid reflux? | 你需要在安静的地方告诉我有胃反酸吗 |
[10:34] | I think we should be someplace quiet | 我觉得我们该去个安静的地方 |
[10:37] | because people sometimes get very upset | 因为听到自己可能顶多能活一年时 |
[10:39] | when they find out they probably only have less than a year to live. | 人们有时会非常不开心 |
[10:50] | Okay, uh… | 好吧 |
[10:51] | Can I call my family? | 我能联系下家人吗 |
[10:53] | They should probably hear what you have to say, too. | 他们也该听听你要说的话 |
[10:56] | I’d rather just talk to… | 我更情愿… |
[10:57] | Of course you can. | 当然没问题 |
[11:01] | I’ll elevate it with a 6-inch Ambler tissue hook. | 我打算用15厘米的安布勒牵引钩把它抬高 |
[11:03] | You separate the underlying tissue with iris forceps. | 你用虹膜镊把下面的组织分开 |
[11:06] | I got it. Tenotomy scissors. | 好 给我肌腱剪 |
[11:08] | I think we’re actually a little ahead of schedule. | 我觉得我们进度还挺快 |
[11:10] | Might be able to get her home in time to do her homework. | 也许能及时送她回去赶上做作业 |
[11:12] | Back to the bosom of her loving family. | 回到她那「充满爱」的家里 |
[11:18] | We’d remove as much of the cancer as possible | 我们会通过切除胰头和 |
[11:21] | by removing the head of the pancreas | 其他相连的器官 |
[11:23] | and other attached organs, | 尽量切除癌细胞 |
[11:24] | but then, we’d have to reconstruct the anatomy. | 但是我们得重建你的内部器官构造 |
[11:27] | The easiest way to do that | 最简单的方法就是 |
[11:28] | is to bring up a loop of jejunum… | 植入一节空肠… |
[11:30] | Shaun. | 肖恩 |
[11:32] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:34] | The jejunum is part of the small intestine | 空肠是小肠的一部分 |
[11:37] | between the duodenum and ileum. | 在十二指肠和回肠之间 |
[11:38] | It’s complicated, very dangerous surgery. | 这是场既复杂又危险的手术 |
[11:43] | And even if it’s successful, | 即使手术成功 |
[11:44] | post-operative complications are frequent and serious. | 术后并发症也很常见 并且通常很严重 |
[11:48] | And recovery can be very painful. | 恢复过程更是痛苦不堪 |
[11:51] | But if it works, he’s better? He’ll be healthy? | 但如果手术成功 他会好起来吗 |
[11:54] | He would still need chemotherapy | 他还是需要化疗 |
[11:56] | and a lifetime of monitoring. | 以及终身监控 |
[11:58] | But hopefully, a long lifetime. | 但希望能活得长久 |
[12:03] | Let’s do it, Dad. | 做手术吧 爸 |
[12:05] | What do you say? | 你觉得呢 |
[12:09] | What should I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[12:13] | It’s your decision. | 这是你的决定 |
[12:16] | All we can do is present you with the facts. | 我们能做的只是告诉你实情 |
[12:21] | Yeah, here are the facts, Dad… | 是啊 爸 实情就是 |
[12:24] | The surgery may kill you. | 手术可能会致死 |
[12:26] | Not doing the surgery will kill you. | 但不做手术一定会要了你的命 |
[12:39] | Can you give us a few minutes? | 能让我们单独呆会儿吗 |
[12:40] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:49] | It was very nice of Dr. Andrews to give you an office, | 安德鲁斯医生真好 给了你间办公室 |
[12:52] | even though, you’re on medical leave. | 尽管你还在休病假 |
[12:54] | Yeah, he is a prince. | 没错 他就是个圣人 |
[12:55] | Who’s your surgeon going to be? | 你的外科医生是谁 |
[12:57] | I haven’t d… | 我还没 |
[12:59] | I haven’t decided yet. | 我还没有决定 |
[13:02] | You should definitely go with | 你应该选择 |
[13:04] | Dr. Joshua Atkinson at Stanford Medical Center. | 斯坦福医疗中心的乔舒亚·阿特金森医生 |
[13:07] | His mortality index is .3. | 他的手术死亡率只有零点三 |
[13:09] | It’s too low. | 太低了 |
[13:11] | Not enough of his patients are dying? | 他濒死的病患不够多吗 |
[13:13] | No, Shaun, sometimes patients die. | 不是 肖恩 病患有时会撑不下来 |
[13:16] | Doesn’t matter how good the doctor is. | 无论医生技术有多好 |
[13:17] | But when your mortality rate is as low as Atkinson’s, | 但当你的死亡率和阿特金森一样低时 |
[13:20] | it means you’re turning away patients. | 这就意味着你不接这些患者 |
[13:22] | You turn away patients, it means you lack confidence. | 如果你不接 说明你缺乏自信 |
[13:24] | You lack confidence, I don’t want you inside my head. | 你缺乏自信 我可不想让你碰我的脑袋 |
[13:28] | And I’d like to be able to dress myself | 而在这一切之后我还想 |
[13:30] | when I’m all done. | 能自己打理自己呢 |
[13:33] | Shaun, what are you doing here? | 肖恩 你来做什么 |
[13:36] | You showed up at work early this morning. | 你今早很早就来上班了 |
[13:39] | Go home. Get some rest. | 回家去休息 |
[13:45] | I won’t rest if I go home. | 我回家也休息不了 |
[13:55] | The surgery went great. | 手术很顺利 |
[13:58] | Once everything’s healed, | 一旦伤口愈合好 |
[13:59] | I think you’ll be very happy with the results. | 我觉得你会对结果很满意的 |
[14:02] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[14:03] | Not quite 5:45. | 没到5点45 |
[14:05] | We just need you to pee, and… | 我们只需要你排一次尿 然后 |
[14:06] | I need to go home. | 我得回家了 |
[14:07] | And you will… very soon. | 你会的 很快就会 |
[14:12] | It hurts. | 很疼 |
[14:13] | I told you it would. | 我告诉过你 |
[14:14] | We did a lot of cutting and scraping. | 我们做了许多切除刮屑 |
[14:16] | You had a lot of scar tissue. | 你有许多伤痕组织 |
[14:18] | It hurts a lot. | 真的很疼 |
[14:19] | We’ll give you some Tylenol, | 我们会给你开泰诺 |
[14:21] | and you can tell your mother you’re cramping. | 你可以告诉你妈妈你痛经了 |
[14:26] | Hang ketamine… 130 micrograms per kilogram per hour. | 挂上氯胺酮 每小时每千克体重130毫克 |
[14:32] | Why does it hurt this much? | 怎么会这么痛 |
[14:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:36] | But you’re not going home. | 但你回不了家了 |
[14:44] | She’s heavily sedated. | 给她用了大量镇静剂 |
[14:46] | What did we do to her? | 我们对她做了什么 |
[14:47] | What if this is good news? | 如果这是好消息呢 |
[14:50] | I know you haven’t been a doctor all that long, | 我知道你们当医生还没多长时间 |
[14:52] | but pain is rarely a sign of good news. | 但疼痛很少是个好消息 |
[14:55] | It is if you’re talking about a part of the body | 如果是原本以为已彻底损伤的那部分在疼 |
[14:57] | you thought was dead. | 那就是好消息 |
[14:58] | What if this means there’s still viable nerve endings in there? | 如果这意味着那里还有存活的神经末梢呢 |
[15:01] | What if this means we can actually reconstruct her clitoris | 如果这意味着我们可以为她 |
[15:03] | and that it’s capable of sensation? | 重塑一个有感知的阴蒂 |
[15:06] | Maybe. All we know for sure | 也许吧 我们只知道 |
[15:07] | is she’s not gonna be home anywhere near 6:00, | 如果她六点左右不到家 |
[15:10] | which means we’re about to have a missing child on our hands. | 那我们就是扣留了一名失踪未成年 |
[15:13] | We have to bring Andrews up to speed. | 我们得赶紧找安德鲁斯 |
[15:29] | I did a bad job of telling you that you’re dying. | 我不该跟你说你快死了 |
[15:37] | Is there a good way? | 还有什么好办法吗 |
[15:40] | I can’t figure out when I’m supposed to lie, | 我不知道什么时候该撒谎 |
[15:44] | when I’m supposed to tell part of the truth. | 什么时候该说出部分真相 |
[15:46] | And it doesn’t really matter, | 这倒也没什么 |
[15:48] | because I can’t figure out how to do it anyway. | 反正我怎么也弄不明白 |
[15:54] | You did fine with me. | 我觉得没问题啊 |
[15:57] | You never need to lie. | 你永远不需要撒谎 |
[15:59] | Lies don’t protect you from the truth. | 谎言无法为你遮掩真相 |
[16:03] | I don’t like your haircut. | 我不喜欢你的发型 |
[16:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:11] | Maybe sometimes, when the truth can’t help someone… | 也许有时当真相无法帮助人的时候 |
[16:19] | you should definitely just lie. | 你就该撒个谎了 |
[16:24] | Do you think praying will help you reach a decision? | 你觉得祈祷能帮你做出决定吗 |
[16:29] | I’ve already reached a decision. | 我已经做决定了 |
[16:33] | I’m praying to help me find comfort with that decision. | 我祈祷是为了让我觉得好一点 |
[16:38] | My family wants the surgery. | 我的家人希望做手术 |
[16:43] | And what do you want? | 那你呢 |
[16:47] | I want what my family wants. | 我和他们希望的一样 |
[16:51] | I love them. | 我爱他们 |
[16:52] | But they love you, too, right? | 但他们也爱你对吧 |
[16:55] | Don’t they want what you want? | 他们想要的难道和你不一样吗 |
[17:01] | Long ago, I made a decision | 很早之前 我做了个决定 |
[17:04] | to be there for them | 无论如何 |
[17:08] | no matter what. | 我都要陪着他们 |
[17:12] | And if the last choice I make in my life | 如果我生命中最后的决定 |
[17:16] | is consistent with that, | 和那个决定一致 |
[17:21] | I’m comfortable with that. | 我就没什么纠结的 |
[17:40] | I’m surprised by you. | 我被你惊到了 |
[17:41] | I, arguably, made errors in judgment, | 我 应该 是判断失误了 |
[17:44] | but it was all in an effort to help a patient. | 但这都是为了帮助病人 |
[17:46] | Yes, and that would make sense if you thought | 对 如果你不想再救治其他病人 |
[17:48] | you’d never have another patient ever again. | 以及如果现在外科主任没有空缺 |
[17:50] | And if there wasn’t currently an opening for Chief of Surgery. | 那样做还说得通 |
[17:53] | I didn’t know that was on the table. | 我不知道还有这个选择 |
[17:55] | See, that’s the difference between you and Melendez. | 这就是你和梅伦德斯的不同之处 |
[17:58] | I have no doubt that as soon as I got this promotion, | 毫无疑问 我一升职 |
[18:01] | Melendez had done the math and reacted accordingly. | 梅伦德斯就会算好了行事 |
[18:05] | But I suspect that even if you had done the math, | 但我猜即使你算过了 |
[18:08] | it wouldn’t have changed how you handled this patient. | 也不会改变你处理这个病人的方式 |
[18:11] | I don’t view that as a weakness. | 我没觉得这是弱点 |
[18:15] | I’ll handle the administrative fallout. | 我会处理纸面上的事情 |
[18:17] | You… | 你 |
[18:19] | notify the parents immediately. | 立即通知家长 |
[18:23] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[18:25] | We don’t know the girl’s real name, | 我们不知道那女孩的真名 |
[18:26] | and we have to keep her sedated, | 并且需要给她持续使用镇静剂 |
[18:27] | so there’s no way we can track… | 所以我们没法查 |
[18:28] | She’s a teenager. She’s got a phone. | 她才十几岁 总有手机的 |
[18:30] | Next time it rings, answer it. | 下次电话一响你就接 |
[18:40] | – You feel the mesenteric artery pulsing? – Yes. | -你感受到肠系膜动脉脉搏吗 -对 |
[18:42] | You shouldn’t. You’re too close to the vein. | 不应该的 你离静脉太近了 |
[18:44] | Great. Dr. Browne, pass a penrose drain through. | 很好 布朗医生 放置引流管 |
[18:50] | Bovie. | 电刀 |
[18:55] | Suction. | 抽吸 |
[19:06] | Got it all. | 全都拿出来了 |
[19:09] | I see leaking pancreatic fluid. | 看到胰腺液渗出 |
[19:12] | That’ll eat holes in everything it touches. | 它碰到哪里哪里就是个洞 |
[19:14] | Our duct tie didn’t hold. | 我们的导管接头松了 |
[19:15] | Suction. Needle driver. | 抽吸 持针器 |
[19:18] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[19:19] | You have approved a scrub nurse | 你找到了一位手术助理护士 |
[19:22] | and a circulating nurse and seven other personnel. | 一位巡回护士和其他七名人员的人选 |
[19:25] | Everyone and everything is covered, | 一切都安排好了 |
[19:26] | except for an actual surgeon. | 除了主刀的医生 |
[19:28] | Yeah. I think we may have to postpone. | 对 我觉得可能要推迟手术 |
[19:30] | Have you notified your tumor to stop growing in the interim? | 你注意到你的肿瘤暂时停止生长了吗 |
[19:32] | I think any possible damage from a delay | 我觉得推迟带来的损伤完全可以 |
[19:34] | may be more than offset by having somebody competent | 由一位有能力的主刀医生给我的头动刀 |
[19:37] | digging around in my brain. | 来弥补上 |
[19:39] | “Competent”? | 「有能力的」 |
[19:40] | – What’s wrong with Sanders? – 6% mortality rate. | -桑德斯哪里不好 -死亡率百分之六 |
[19:43] | – Taylor? – I don’t like the way he’s planning on | -泰勒呢 -我不喜欢他对颈动脉撕裂的 |
[19:44] | dealing with a carotid tear. | 计划手术方案 |
[19:46] | – That’s nowhere near your tumor. – It’s the principle. | -这和你的肿瘤豪无关联 -但这是原则问题 |
[19:48] | – Unger? – He doesn’t like me. | -昂格呢 -他不喜欢我 |
[19:50] | – No one likes you. – No! You don’t like me. | -没人喜欢你 -不是的 你不喜欢我 |
[19:52] | He doesn’t like me. That’s two. | 和他不喜欢我是不一样的 |
[19:53] | Just pick a name. I don’t care who. | 就选个人吧 我不管是谁 |
[19:55] | I don’t care if they’re a doctor. | 就算不是医生我也不介意 |
[19:56] | Just pick a name. | 快选吧 |
[19:58] | Because in 48 hours, you’re either getting your surgery | 因为在接下来的48小时内 你要么做手术 |
[20:00] | or you’re getting a new oncologist. | 要么换个新的肿瘤医生 |
[20:15] | She’s in pain. | 她很痛苦 |
[20:16] | That’s why she’s asleep right now, | 因为你们给她做的手术 |
[20:18] | because of what you did to her? | 她现在才沉睡不醒 |
[20:23] | What I did to her | 我对她做的事 |
[20:25] | I believe revealed that what you did to her | 在我看来恰恰证明了你对她做的事 |
[20:29] | didn’t do as much damage as we initially feared. | 没有造成我们预想的那么大伤害 |
[20:32] | We want to do a second surgery… | 我们希望进行第二次手术 |
[20:34] | How can you stop her pain? | 你要怎么让她停止受罪 |
[20:35] | It’s called clitoral reconstruction. | 这叫做阴蒂重建术 |
[20:37] | The nerves of her clitoris are exposed. | 她的阴蒂神经暴露在外 |
[20:39] | We can sheath them using… | 我们可以包裹起来 用 |
[20:40] | Our daughter wants this? | 这是我们女儿想要的 |
[20:42] | Asha wants to be like other girls. | 亚莎想和其他姑娘一样 |
[20:45] | She wants to be able to… | 她希望能够 |
[20:46] | Mara told you that? | 玛拉是这么跟你说的 |
[20:51] | That’s our daughter’s name. | 那是我们女儿的名字 |
[20:53] | Not Asha. | 不是亚莎 |
[20:56] | You don’t know her at all. | 你根本不了解她 |
[20:57] | We need to do this surgery to relieve her pain. | 我们需要通过这次手术来缓解她的疼痛 |
[21:00] | No. There must be another way. | 不 一定有别的办法 |
[21:03] | We want a second opinion. | 我们需要不同意见 |
[21:05] | Not at this hospital. | 来自别的医院 |
[21:07] | How soon can our daughter be moved? | 我们女儿最快什么时候转院 |
[21:09] | Excuse me, Dr. Lim. | 打扰了 利姆医生 |
[21:10] | I am Ellen Vahtra from Child Protective Services. | 我是来自儿童保护组织的艾伦·瓦特拉 |
[21:13] | Until I complete my review, | 在我结束审查之前 |
[21:15] | I’m afraid you’re not going to be moving your daughter anywhere. | 恐怕你的女儿哪里都去不了 |
[21:28] | How did it go? Is Dad okay? | 手术怎么样 爸爸还好吗 |
[21:33] | There were complications, | 出现了一些并发症 |
[21:35] | but we found solutions. | 但被我们解决了 |
[21:38] | It went very well. We got it all. | 手术很顺利 我们全部取出来了 |
[21:44] | Oh, my… | 我的天哪 |
[21:44] | There’s still… | 还有一些 |
[21:49] | I don’t think I did that well. | 我并不觉得我做的有那么好 |
[21:51] | They’re too happy. | 他们太过开心了 |
[21:53] | Post-surgical complications are still a major concern that they… | 术后并发症还是个严重隐患 他们 |
[21:56] | Let them enjoy the good news. | 让他们好好享受这个好消息吧 |
[21:58] | Is deceiving someone in a way that makes them happy | 是不是欺骗他人让他们开心 |
[22:01] | better than deceiving someone in a way that makes them sad? | 好过欺骗他人让他们难过 |
[22:04] | Shaun. I think there’s someone here to see you. | 肖恩 好像有人找你 |
[22:09] | I had some time, | 我刚有空 |
[22:11] | so I thought you might want to have some lunch with me? | 就想着也许你愿意和我一起吃午餐 |
[22:16] | I do not have time. | 我没有空 |
[22:33] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[22:35] | What did she do? | 她对你做了什么 |
[22:36] | Shaun. Sha… | 肖恩 肖 |
[22:42] | You don’t want to talk to Lea. I don’t understand. | 我不懂你为什么不想和莉亚讲话 |
[22:47] | I don’t understand! | 我不知道 |
[22:49] | I don’t understand! | 我不知道 |
[22:51] | You’re not being fair to her or yourself. | 这对你或对她都不公平 |
[22:53] | – She’s always been nice to you. – No, she hasn’t. | -她对你一直那么好 -她没有 |
[22:57] | She’s your friend. | 她是你的朋友 |
[22:59] | Whatever’s happened, you have to talk to her about it. | 不管发生什么 你得和她交流才是 |
[23:01] | Be honest about what you’re feeling… | 向她坦白你的感受 |
[23:02] | I can’t be. | 我做不到 |
[23:03] | Of course you can. | 你当然做得到 |
[23:04] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[23:07] | I don’t know how I feel! | 我不知道自己的感受 |
[23:13] | I can’t be honest if I don’t know how I feel! | 我不知道自己的感受就没法坦白 |
[23:24] | Our 16-year-old daughter | 我们十六岁的女儿 |
[23:25] | is lying in a hospital bed unconscious | 因为剧烈疼痛而被打了麻醉 |
[23:27] | to protect her from overwhelming pain | 现在不省人事地躺在病床上 |
[23:30] | because of what this place | 全怪这家医院 |
[23:31] | did to her without our permission. | 在未经我们允许时给她做了手术 |
[23:34] | And you are investigating us? | 而你还要来调查我们 |
[23:36] | Your daughter is suffering | 你女儿所遭受的痛苦 |
[23:37] | because you butchered her when she was 2 years old. | 是因为你在她两岁时对她施以的虐待 |
[23:39] | Dr. Lim, please refrain from unsubstantiated allegations. | 利姆医生 请不要无端指责 |
[23:42] | Either they’re the butchers or they’re protecting the butchers. | 要么他们是施虐者 要么他们在保护那些施虐者 |
[23:45] | If you didn’t do it, tell us who did. | 如果不是你干的 那就告诉我们是谁干的 |
[23:52] | It was an aunt and a grandmother from Kenya. | 是来自肯尼亚的一个婶婶和祖母 |
[23:55] | They were watching Mara while we were on vacation. | 在我俩去度假时 她们照看的玛拉 |
[23:58] | Well, you must’ve been horrified. | 那你一定吓坏了 |
[24:00] | Did you take her to a doctor? | 你们带她去看过医生吗 |
[24:03] | That girl’s sex organs were covered with scar tissue. | 那个姑娘的性器官上满是瘢痕组织 |
[24:05] | She had no medical attention to treat any of her wounds. | 她的伤口从没得到过医学处理 |
[24:08] | She was fine. | 她没事 |
[24:09] | She was happy, laughing. | 她开开心心 有说有笑的 |
[24:12] | It’s not that big a deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[24:19] | I was cut. | 我被割过 |
[24:21] | My mother was cut. Her mother was cut. | 我的母亲被割过 她的母亲也是同样 |
[24:24] | It is a rite of passage connecting our women to their ancestors. | 这是将我们和祖先连接起来的仪式 |
[24:28] | She will not find a husband in our culture if she’s… | 在我们的社会她是找不到丈夫的 如果没有 |
[24:30] | So she’ll find someone else. | 那她可以到别处找去 |
[24:32] | It’s not that big a deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[24:34] | These parents forfeited the right to make any calls | 这对父母早就丧失了 |
[24:36] | about their daughter a long time ago. | 为他们的女儿做出选择的权利 |
[24:38] | Our daughter is an honor student, | 我们的女儿是个优秀学生 |
[24:40] | taking three AP classes in her junior year, | 高二就上了三门大学先修课程 |
[24:43] | went on a mission to Haiti to build a school. | 还参加了一个海地的学校援建项目 |
[24:46] | We have raised her well. | 我们把孩子教养得很好 |
[24:49] | She is a good person. | 她是个好姑娘 |
[24:52] | We’re proud of her. | 我们都为她骄傲 |
[24:55] | I’m sure she is a good person. | 我相信她是个好姑娘 |
[24:58] | But you are not gonna convince me | 但你们无法说服我 |
[24:59] | that what happened to Mara when she was 2 years old | 在玛拉两岁时发生的那件事 |
[25:02] | is anything short of an abomination. | 不是一件暴行 |
[25:04] | But that’s not the issue today. | 但这不是我们今天的重点 |
[25:06] | The issue is, how do we best help this girl now? | 重点是 怎样才能最好地帮助这个姑娘 |
[25:11] | The clitoral reconstruction should protect the exposed nerve. | 阴蒂重建术应该能够保护暴露的神经 |
[25:14] | “Should”? | 「应该」 |
[25:15] | That is the surgery that, in my medical opinion, | 在我的医学观点看来 手术的目的 |
[25:18] | is called for. | 就在于此 |
[25:19] | But it’s not the only option? | 但还有别的办法 |
[25:22] | We could oblate the peripheral nerves | 我们还能闭合周围神经 |
[25:24] | and remove the remaining clitoral tissue. | 并切除剩余的阴蒂组织 |
[25:27] | And is that surgery safer or more dangerous? | 这个手术的安全性和刚才的相比呢 |
[25:29] | It’s simpler, but that’s not the only factor here. | 这个更简单 但这不是唯一的考虑因素 |
[25:32] | It’s the only factor to us. | 对我们来说是唯一的因素 |
[25:34] | We want to know that our daughter | 我们希望我们的女儿 |
[25:36] | won’t spend the rest of her life in pain. | 下半辈子不会在疼痛中度过 |
[25:40] | Please. | 求您 |
[25:41] | For a moment, | 暂时地 |
[25:42] | can we think about something other than Mara’s pain? | 考虑一下除玛拉的疼痛以外的因素 |
[25:46] | Can we think about her pleasure? | 我们能否考虑一下她的快乐 |
[25:49] | We have a chance to give her | 我们有机会给她 |
[25:51] | a healthy, meaningful sex life. | 一个健全充实的性生活 |
[25:54] | That is what she came here looking for. | 这是她来这的原因 |
[26:02] | Wake her up. | 叫醒她 |
[26:04] | She’s in pain, and she’s already told me what she wanted. | 她很痛苦 她告诉过我她想要什么了 |
[26:07] | Yesterday, she was requesting cosmetic surgery. | 昨天她要求整形手术 |
[26:09] | Today, you’re asking her to risk a lifetime of pain | 今天你就要她冒着一生疼痛的风险 |
[26:11] | for a chance at pleasure. | 求一份鱼水之欢 |
[26:13] | From everything I’ve heard, | 就我所知 |
[26:14] | she’s mature enough to make the call herself, | 她已经成熟到能为自己做决定 |
[26:17] | even if it means suffering for a few minutes to do so. | 就算代价是需要遭受几分钟的痛苦 |
[26:24] | Dr. Unger has a mortality index | 昂格医生的治疗死亡率 |
[26:27] | that is not too high and not too low. | 不高不低 |
[26:30] | It’s not gonna be Unger. | 昂格不行 |
[26:31] | You have not eliminated Dr. Ko. | 你还没有淘汰柯医生 |
[26:34] | Not yet. | 还没罢了 |
[26:36] | I may have to go out of state to find a neurosurgeon. | 我可能需要去其他州寻找神经外科医生 |
[26:39] | Plus, I may have to find myself a new oncologist. | 而且我可能得找个新的肿瘤医师 |
[26:42] | You’ve used Dr. Ko many times. | 你任用过柯医生很多次 |
[26:45] | Did you think she might kill your patients? | 你觉得她会治死你的病人吗 |
[26:47] | No. | 不 |
[26:48] | Do you think you’re better than them? | 你觉得你比他们强吗 |
[26:50] | Yes, a little. | 稍微强点 |
[26:56] | That was a joke. | 那是个玩笑 |
[26:58] | You don’t want to talk about this. | 你不想谈这个话题 |
[27:00] | No, I don’t want to talk about this, Shaun. | 我不想谈论这个 肖恩 |
[27:03] | That, in fact, is the point of the alcohol. | 所以我才需要酒精 |
[27:06] | Okay, I understand. | 好吧 我懂了 |
[27:08] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:18] | Why can’t we talk about it? | 我们为什么不能谈论这个话题 |
[27:20] | Because it’s upsetting. | 因为它令我心烦 |
[27:22] | Is that why you’re stalling? | 这就是为什么你一直在拖延吗 |
[27:24] | Because you’re afraid of dying? | 因为你怕死 |
[27:26] | I’m not afraid of dying. | 我不怕死 |
[27:28] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[27:30] | Why not? | 为什么不怕 |
[27:32] | You should be. Dying is terrible. | 你应该怕 死亡太吓人了 |
[27:35] | Yes, dying is terrible. | 是的 死亡很吓人 |
[27:37] | But there are worse things. | 但还有更可怕的 |
[27:39] | What’s worse than dying? | 还有什么比死亡更可怕 |
[27:45] | Not dying. | 苟延残喘 |
[27:49] | That doesn’t make sense. | 这讲不通 |
[27:50] | Makes sense to me. | 对我来说讲得通 |
[27:54] | That doesn’t make sense. | 讲不通 |
[27:55] | That’s the middle ground, Shaun. | 那就是苟延残喘 肖恩 |
[27:59] | Brain surgeries have a tendency | 头部手术的结果很可能就是 |
[28:00] | to end in the middle ground. | 让你苟延残喘地活着 |
[28:03] | Brain surgeries can be considered a success | 就算病人最后只是苟延残喘地活下来 |
[28:06] | even when the patient ends up compromised. | 头部手术都能被视作成功 |
[28:09] | He can’t walk. He can’t talk. | 他走不了路 说不了话 |
[28:11] | His hand can’t stop shaking. | 他的手不停地颤抖 |
[28:17] | I’ve been terrible at a lot of things in my life, | 这一生有很多方面我都很差劲 |
[28:20] | but I am damn smart. | 但我他妈的很聪明 |
[28:24] | And I am a damn good surgeon. | 我他妈是个很好的外科医生 |
[28:26] | And if I can’t be those things, | 如果我失去了这些 |
[28:28] | then I don’t know who I’d be. | 我不知道我会是谁 |
[28:36] | You’d be my friend. | 你会是我的朋友 |
[28:48] | Well, thank you, Shaun. | 谢谢你 肖恩 |
[28:59] | I have to go. My patient just crashed. | 我得走了 我的病人不行了 |
[29:07] | It’s not enough. Is it? | 那对你来说不够 对吗 |
[29:15] | No. | 不够 |
[29:18] | I’m sorry it isn’t. | 对不起 不够 |
[29:32] | Mom. Dad. | 妈妈 爸爸 |
[29:34] | We’re here. | 我们在这 |
[29:36] | We love you. | 我们爱你 |
[29:38] | We just don’t understand why you would turn your back. | 我们不懂你为什么要疏远我们 |
[29:41] | Hello, Mara. | 你好 玛拉 |
[29:42] | I’m Ellen Vahtra. I’m a social worker. | 我叫艾伦·瓦特拉 一名社会工作者 |
[29:45] | Your parents know what happened, | 你的父母知道发生了什么 |
[29:46] | and Dr. Lim gave you a nerve block. | 利姆医生给你做了神经麻醉 |
[29:49] | It hurts. It still hurts. | 好疼 还是好疼 |
[29:51] | I understand that, and we are going to try to get you | 我知道 我们会尽快让你 |
[29:53] | back to sleep as quickly as possible. | 再次入睡 |
[29:55] | But something happened during your surgery, | 但在你手术期间发生了一些事 |
[29:56] | and we need you to make a decision about what is done next. | 我们需要你做出下一步的决定 |
[30:03] | We believe that, despite what was done to you as a child, | 我们认为 除了你孩童时发生的事 |
[30:06] | the reason you’re in so much pain because you still have | 你之所以这么疼也是因为你的阴蒂里 |
[30:08] | functioning nerves in your clitoris, | 还有功能正常的神经 |
[30:10] | nerves that had been covered with scar tissue. | 这些神经被瘢痕组织包围 |
[30:13] | I’d like to repair that. | 我想修复它 |
[30:15] | We can make you physiologically complete. | 我们能够让你生理上得到完整 |
[30:17] | But there’s no guarantee that it would work. | 但我们没法保证一定会奏效 |
[30:21] | I’m confident. | 我有自信 |
[30:23] | There is a safer choice. | 我们有个更好的选择 |
[30:29] | We could…remove your entire clitoris. | 我们可以移除你的阴蒂 |
[30:33] | This is your choice. | 你来选择 |
[30:35] | You will be protected no matter what. | 无论怎样我们都会保护你 |
[30:41] | Take it out. | 移除它 |
[30:42] | Mara, we can make you whole… | 玛拉 我们可以让你完整 |
[30:44] | I made a mistake. Take it out. | 我错了一次 移除它 |
[30:46] | She’s on medication. She’s in pain… | 她还处于药物治疗 她很痛苦 |
[30:48] | Dr. Lim, please let her go back to sleep. | 利姆医生 拜托让她睡吧 |
[30:51] | And prepare to operate to remove the damaged tissue. | 准备手术 移除她受损的组织 |
[31:06] | Hang fresh, frozen plasma, too. | 上新鲜冷冻血浆 |
[31:07] | Looks like he’s going into DIC. | 他可能出现弥散性血管内凝血 |
[31:09] | Give me another hemostat. BP’s 71 over 53. | 再给我一个止血钳 血压71/53 |
[31:12] | We should have warned the family. | 我们应该事先警告家人的 |
[31:13] | Can’t see anything in here. There’s too much blood. | 什么都看不见 血太多了 |
[31:15] | – More suction. – I think you got the hepatic artery. | -快吸 -我觉得你碰到肝动脉了 |
[31:17] | The warning wouldn’t have made any difference. | 事先警告不会起到任何变化 |
[31:18] | The bleeding is not slowing down. | 出血没有减缓 |
[31:20] | We need to send the aorta to the celiac. | 我们需要将大动脉连接到腹部 |
[31:22] | I need to see it to clamp it. | 我得看见它才能夹住它 |
[31:23] | They would have been prepared. | 他们本可以有所准备 |
[31:24] | A-line systolic’s 54. He’s bottoming out. | 收缩压54 他快不行了 |
[31:26] | No, they wouldn’t. | 不 他们不会 |
[31:27] | You two, shut up and pack his abdomen with laps | 你们两个闭嘴 缝合腹腔 |
[31:29] | while I sort through this mess. | 我得收拾这个烂摊子 |
[31:32] | I won’t do it. | 我不做 |
[31:33] | Can we appeal this? Do you know? | 我们可以上诉吗 你知道吗 |
[31:35] | I’ve spoken with our legal department. | 我和我们的法律团队谈过了 |
[31:36] | Unless we can prove the social worker was biased, | 除非我们可以证明那个社会工作者有偏见 |
[31:38] | we are stuck with this ruling. | 不然我们黔驴技穷 |
[31:39] | Well, then you’re also stuck with “I won’t do it.” | 那你能得到的只有「我不做」 |
[31:43] | You’re a good doctor. This hospital will miss you. | 你是个好医生 医院会想念你的 |
[31:46] | You’re gonna fire me because I won’t butcher a teenage girl? | 因为我不想虐待一个青少女你就要辞退我 |
[31:48] | Of course I am. | 当然 |
[31:49] | This hospital will face lawsuits, suspensions, | 这所医院会受到法律起诉 会被停业 |
[31:51] | perhaps criminal charges, | 也许还有犯罪指控 |
[31:53] | and this little girl will still get the surgery you hate. | 这个小女孩终会接受这场你不喜欢的手术 |
[32:01] | Could Dr. Lim at least talk to Mara again? | 利姆医生能再和玛拉谈一下吗 |
[32:04] | You want to wake her up again in pain? | 你想在她那么疼的时候叫醒她 |
[32:07] | Every woman deserves the right | 每个女人都有权利 |
[32:08] | to make decisions about her sexuality | 在不受父母影响的情况下 |
[32:09] | without her parents hanging over her. | 作出关于她自己性生活的决定 |
[32:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:40] | When I was 15 years old, | 我十五岁的时候 |
[32:43] | my father caught me with a boy. | 我父亲发现我和一个男孩在一起 |
[32:45] | I mean, we weren’t doing it, | 我们没有真的做什么 |
[32:47] | but my top was off and | 但我没穿上衣 |
[32:49] | well, it doesn’t matter. | 不重要了 |
[32:52] | My father hit me. | 我父亲打了我 |
[32:54] | I still have a small scar. | 我这里还留着个小伤疤 |
[32:57] | Our relationship was never the same. | 从此我们父女就不再亲近了 |
[33:00] | But that’s what growing up is. | 但这就是成长的过程 |
[33:02] | Not everyone gets called a slut. | 不是人人都被叫过婊子 |
[33:04] | Not everyone gets butchered. | 或被虐待 |
[33:08] | But everyone becomes a man or a woman | 但每个人都会成为男人或女人 |
[33:11] | and stops being a child. | 而不再是孩子 |
[33:14] | I want to take a piece of tissue from inside your cheek | 我想从你脸颊里取一片组织 |
[33:17] | and I want to graft it to your clitoris. | 移植到你的阴蒂上 |
[33:22] | We can make you feel…love. | 我们能让你感受到…爱 |
[33:35] | I can’t turn my back on my family, on my traditions. | 我不能背叛我的家人和传统 |
[33:41] | Traditions | 传统 |
[33:43] | connect us to the past. | 把我们与过去相连 |
[33:46] | What about the future? | 那么未来呢 |
[33:57] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[33:59] | No. I’m in pain. | 不 我很疼 |
[34:14] | Cross-clamping his aorta. | 给他的主动脉做血流阻断 |
[34:15] | He’s in ventricular fibrillation. | 出现心室纤颤 |
[34:18] | Starting chest compressions. | 开始胸外心脏按压 |
[34:26] | – Okay. – Everybody clear. | -好了 -大家都让开 |
[34:50] | Prep the cheek, as well. | 脸颊也准备好 |
[34:55] | She’s taking the graft? The paperwork doesn’t say… | 她要接受移植 文书上没写 |
[34:56] | She consented verbally. | 她口头许可了 |
[34:58] | We didn’t want to keep her awake any longer | 没必要的话 我们不想让她 |
[34:59] | than absolutely necessary. | 长时间醒着 |
[35:03] | I wanted to help her as much as you… | 她如果想被帮助的话 |
[35:05] | when she wanted help. | 我和你一样想帮她 |
[35:06] | – But if she doesn’t want this… – She wants this. | -但如果她不想 -她想 |
[35:09] | Dr. Lim just told us. | 利姆医生刚刚说了 |
[35:15] | Prep the cheek. | 脸颊准备好 |
[35:30] | I’ll tell the family. | 我来跟他的家人说 |
[35:33] | No. | 不 |
[35:35] | Claire, you do it. | 克莱尔 你去 |
[35:37] | This isn’t the time for learning. | 这不是学习的好时候 |
[36:06] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[36:07] | Paul died during surgery. | 保罗在手术中去世了 |
[36:10] | He had a gastroduodenal artery rupture. | 他的十二指肠动脉破裂 |
[36:13] | It’s a common complication of a Whipple surgery, | 这是惠普尔手术的常见并发症 |
[36:16] | especially when someone’s cancer was… | 尤其当患者的癌症 |
[36:19] | as advanced as his was. | 已经像他一样到了晚期 |
[36:22] | We…did everything we could for as long as we could. | 我们做了能做的一切 |
[36:26] | He didn’t suffer. | 他没有受苦 |
[36:33] | You did this to him. | 都怪你 |
[36:37] | Dad didn’t want this. | 爸爸不想做手术的 |
[36:40] | You saw that look on his face. He was scared. | 你看到他的表情了 他当时很害怕 |
[36:43] | In my experience, it does no good to dwell… | 就我的经验而言 事后再追责毫无益处 |
[36:47] | Of course he was scared. | 他当然害怕了 |
[36:49] | That doesn’t mean… | 但那不意味着 |
[36:49] | He just wanted to live his last few months. | 他只想好好过完那最后几个月 |
[36:51] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[36:53] | Nobody made your father do anything. | 没人逼着你们的爸爸做什么事 |
[36:55] | He knew the risks. | 他知道有风险 |
[36:59] | It’s your fault, too, Mom. | 你也有错 妈妈 |
[37:03] | All of us. | 我们所有人 |
[37:05] | He would do anything for us. | 他愿意为我们做任何事 |
[37:09] | We killed our father. | 我们害死了爸爸 |
[37:19] | It’s not true. | 不是的 |
[37:25] | Paul wanted this surgery. | 保罗想做手术 |
[37:30] | He told me he wanted this surgery. | 他跟我说过的 |
[38:07] | Was that true? | 那是真的吗 |
[38:11] | Paul told me… | 保罗跟我说过 |
[38:14] | when the truth can’t help someone, | 当说出真相也于事无补时 |
[38:17] | we should lie. | 我们应该说谎 |
[38:29] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[38:33] | How are you? Does anything hurt? | 你怎么样 还疼吗 |
[38:37] | Not much. I’m better. | 不怎么疼 我好多了 |
[38:42] | Looks like she’s doing well. | 看起来她没事了 |
[38:45] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[38:48] | There should still be some discomfort at the surgical site. | 手术的地方应该还是会有些不适 |
[38:52] | A nurse will bring you some… | 护士会给你 |
[39:01] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[39:02] | A nurse will bring you some Tylenol, | 护士会给你些泰诺 |
[39:04] | which should really be all you need. | 应该就足够了 |
[39:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:11] | You’re gonna be great. | 你会很好的 |
[39:37] | You’re here. | 你在这儿 |
[39:39] | Yes. I live here. | 是的 我住在这 |
[39:41] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[39:43] | Well, I was starting to doubt it the last couple of days. | 我过去几天都有点开始怀疑了 |
[39:46] | You come home after I’m asleep. | 我睡了以后你才回家 |
[39:49] | You leave before I can even get up. | 我还没醒你就走了 |
[39:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:04] | Please take this. | 请拿走这个 |
[40:07] | No, this is yours, Shaun. | 这是你的 肖恩 |
[40:09] | I gave it to you to remember me by. | 我给你留作纪念的 |
[40:11] | It hurt. | 那很伤人 |
[40:17] | I didn’t want to tell you the truth | 我不想告诉你真相 |
[40:19] | because I didn’t know it, | 是因为我不知道真相 |
[40:21] | but I have to tell you the truth because it will help. | 但我必须说实话 因为这对事情有帮助 |
[40:29] | Every night, I would come home, | 我每晚回家 |
[40:32] | and I would look at that baseball, | 看到那个棒球 |
[40:37] | and I would think of you. | 就会想起你 |
[40:41] | The baseball was here, | 棒球还在这里 |
[40:43] | but you weren’t. | 但你不在了 |
[40:46] | That’s sweet. | 这很感人 |
[40:47] | No, it isn’t. | 不 |
[40:50] | It hurt. | 这很伤人 |
[40:51] | You hurt me. | 你伤害了我 |
[40:53] | Okay, Shaun, you know… | 肖恩 你知道的 |
[40:55] | You went away, and it hurt, | 你离开了 这很伤人 |
[40:58] | and it kept hurting, and now you’re back. | 这一直折磨着我 而现在你回来了 |
[41:04] | If you stay, you will go away again, | 如果你留下 你还会再离开 |
[41:07] | and it will hurt again. | 又会再一次伤害我 |
[41:09] | So I want you to go back to Hershey. | 所以我想让你回郝尔希镇去 |
[41:14] | I know you don’t mean that, and I know… | 我知道你不是这个意思 |
[41:16] | Please go back to Hershey | 请你回郝尔希镇去吧 |
[41:19] | or anywhere other than here! | 或者其他任何地方 |
[41:49] | Feeling okay? | 感觉还好吗 |
[41:52] | Yeah, sure, superduper. | 当然 非常好 |
[41:55] | I want to thank you for your trust. | 我想感谢你的信任 |
[41:58] | I’ll do my best to deserve it. | 我会尽全力不辜负你的信任 |
[42:00] | Well, that’s all I can ask. | 我也只能这样祈求了 |
[42:05] | You know the drill. | 你知道这流程的 |
[42:13] | 10… | 十 |
[42:16] | 9… | 九 |
[42:19] | 8… | 八 |
[42:22] | 7… | 七 |