时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Shaun — | 肖恩 |
[00:19] | You need to give me your driver’s license. | 你得把你的驾照给我 |
[00:22] | No, I don’t. | 我不 |
[00:23] | – Do you remember the memory test I gave you? – Vividly. | -你记得我给你做的记忆测试吗 -很清楚 |
[00:27] | Yes. It demonstrated you have a deficit. | 结果证实你的记忆衰退了 |
[00:30] | A deficit; you shouldn’t be driving. | 记忆衰退意味着你不该开车 |
[00:32] | Dr. Blaize agreed. | 布莱兹医生也同意 |
[00:34] | Shaun, that test was supposed to be between us; | 肖恩 那次测试应该是我们间的秘密 |
[00:37] | that’s why I didn’t want to do it at the hospital. | 所以我才不想在医院做 |
[00:39] | Yes, your doctor needs to be informed | 对 你的主治医生需要知道 |
[00:42] | of the results – of all your medical tests. | 你所有医学检查的结果 |
[00:45] | Even tests that are done at home. | 即使是在家做的 |
[00:47] | Shaun, I’ve been driving for like half a century. | 肖恩 我开了快五十年的车 |
[00:50] | I’m an excellent driver, okay? | 我车技很好 知道吗 |
[00:52] | I don’t need to give you my driver’s license. | 我不需要把我的驾照交给你 |
[00:54] | Okay. Then I’ll have to notify the DMV. | 好吧 那我就得通知车管局了 |
[00:58] | Dr. Glassman? | 格拉斯曼医生 |
[01:01] | You’re not gonna notify the DMV, Shaun. | 你不能通知车管局 肖恩 |
[01:03] | Yes, I will notify the DMV. | 我会的 |
[01:06] | Shaun, you will not notify the DMV. | 肖恩 你不许通知车管局 |
[01:09] | Dr. Glassman, | 格拉斯曼医生 |
[01:10] | if you don’t give me your driver’s license, | 如果你不把你的驾照交给我 |
[01:13] | I will notify the DMV. | 我就通知车管局 |
[01:16] | Dr. Glassman? | 格拉斯曼医生 |
[01:43] | George Reynolds, 28, | 乔治·雷诺兹 28岁 |
[01:44] | sudden onset of arm and leg weakness, | 胳膊和腿突发无力 |
[01:46] | right facial droop, and trouble speaking. | 右脸下垂 说话困难 |
[01:48] | CT confirmed a middle cerebral artery embolism. | CT确诊一处大脑中动脉栓塞 |
[01:51] | I booked us into interventional radiology. | 我预约了介入放射科 |
[01:53] | When did you first notice your symptoms, George? | 第一次注意到症状是什么时候 乔治 |
[01:55] | About, uh, four and a half hours ago. | 大概 四个半小时前 |
[01:58] | Wait, what’s wrong with me? | 等等 我怎么了 |
[01:59] | You may be having a stroke. | 你可能中风了 |
[02:01] | You’re on monthly injections of Lupron? | 你每月都定期注射醋酸亮丙瑞林吗 |
[02:03] | For three months. | 有三个月了 |
[02:05] | That may have caused this. | 这可能就是病因 |
[02:06] | Do you have prostate cancer? | 你有前列腺癌吗 |
[02:07] | No. I-I was diagnosed with atypical hyperplasia. | 不 我被诊断出患有非典型增生 |
[02:12] | That shouldn’t have any effect on what we’re gonna do now. | 这应该对我们要进行的治疗没有影响 |
[02:13] | We’re gonna take care of you, George. | 交给我们吧 乔治 |
[02:15] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[02:18] | This is local anesthetic; | 这是局麻 |
[02:20] | you’ll feel a pinch. | 你会感到有一点疼 |
[02:24] | Are you a real doctor? | 你是真正的医生吗 |
[02:26] | I’m Dr. Shaun Murphy. | 我是肖恩·莫菲医生 |
[02:29] | People ever call you Murph? | 有人叫你小莫吗 |
[02:30] | No. | 没有 |
[02:32] | I’m going to make a small incision | 我要切一个小口 |
[02:34] | so we can insert the tube and re-inflate your lung. | 然后就能插管让肺复张 |
[02:38] | What do they call you, Billy? | 他们叫你什么 比利 |
[02:41] | CraterHead, Volcano, ThreeEyes… | 大坑头 火山口 三眼仔 |
[02:45] | those are just the creative ones. | 这些算是有创意的 |
[02:47] | Hold tight. | 别动 |
[02:49] | Here comes the tube… | 管子进去了 |
[02:59] | You guys really know what you’re doing. | 你们真的很专业呢 |
[03:01] | Yes, we do. | 没错 |
[03:04] | We’ll order an MRI for your lungs. | 我们会给你的肺做个核磁共振 |
[03:06] | Then we will fix your fractured eye orbit; | 然后会治疗你的眼眶骨折 |
[03:10] | that will require surgery. | 那就需要手术了 |
[03:13] | What do you say we fix your forehead, too? | 要不顺便把你的额头修复一下吧 |
[03:15] | You could do that? | 你们可以吗 |
[03:16] | – I think so — – I don’t think so. | -我觉得行 -我觉得不行 |
[03:19] | It’s a pre-existing condition, | 这个凹陷早就有了 |
[03:21] | and it’s not medically necessary. | 并不是必须要治疗的 |
[03:24] | It shouldn’t be approved. | 这不会被批准的 |
[03:42] | The MCA clot is obstructing all distal flow. | 大脑中动脉血栓妨碍了整个末梢循环 |
[03:46] | Anti-androgens aren’t indicated for hyperplasia… | 抗雄激素并不是治疗增生的 |
[03:49] | He said atypical. | 他说是非典型的 |
[03:51] | You think he’s lying? | 你觉得他在撒谎吗 |
[03:53] | Maybe he’s gender transitioning. | 也许他在变性 |
[03:56] | Aside from cancer, there aren’t many other indications. | 除了癌症 没有太多别的症状 |
[04:00] | Let’s focus on what we do know. | 我们先专心干好手里的活 |
[04:02] | Feeding the catheter. | 插入导管 |
[04:04] | Suctioning the thrombus, | 抽吸血栓 |
[04:07] | and he’s recanalizing. Slowly retract. | 血流正在恢复 缓慢收回 |
[04:12] | Whatever his reasons are for taking anti-androgens, | 不管他为什么注射抗雄激素 |
[04:14] | hopefully there are options. | 希望他还有别的选择 |
[04:16] | He either drops them or he’s gonna keep having strokes. | 他要么不注射 要么就会一直中风 |
[04:21] | The forehead repair would be expensive and cosmetic — | 修复前额会很贵 而且算整形 |
[04:24] | It’s not about prettying him up; | 这不是为了让他变好看 |
[04:26] | it could give him a new life, friends, | 这会让他重获新生 交新朋友 |
[04:28] | maybe a few less beatings. | 也许能少挨点打 |
[04:30] | Stopping the beatings is the guards’ job. | 阻止打人是看守的工作 |
[04:34] | You really don’t have any empathy for Billy? | 你真的一点都不同情比利吗 |
[04:36] | Empathy is a bad reason to fight for someone. | 同情心不是为了某人打架的好理由 |
[04:40] | If empathy makes me only want to help patients | 如果同情心让我只想帮助 |
[04:42] | who are from Wyoming or have ASD, | 来自怀俄明州或是患自闭症的病人 |
[04:45] | then that’s very unfair to all my neuro-typical patients from Idaho. | 这对所有爱达荷州的非自闭症患者就很不公平 |
[04:56] | I need to take those drugs. | 我需要服用那些药 |
[04:58] | They caused your stroke. | 是它们造成了你的中风 |
[05:03] | We don’t think you have hyperplasia. | 我们觉得你没有增生 |
[05:05] | If you tell us the real reason, | 如果你告诉我们真正的原因 |
[05:06] | I’m sure there are other safer treatments — | 我敢肯定会有其他更安全的治疗措施 |
[05:08] | No, there aren’t! | 不 没有 |
[05:11] | If you’re transitioning, there are alternatives — | 如果你在变性 有其他的 |
[05:14] | I told you why I was taking the meds. | 我告诉过你我为什么用药 |
[05:16] | George, we are your doctors; | 乔治 我们是你的医生 |
[05:19] | we need to know the truth. | 我们需要知道真相 |
[05:21] | We’re not gonna tell anyone. | 我们不会告诉别人 |
[05:32] | I’m not transitioning. | 我没有在变性 |
[05:36] | And I don’t have hyperplasia. | 我也没得增生 |
[05:41] | I have problems… | 我有问题 |
[05:43] | with my sex drive. | 在性冲动上 |
[05:48] | I know it sounds stupid, | 我知道这听着很荒谬 |
[05:49] | like why can’t I just control myself | 为什么我控制不住自己 |
[05:51] | but… | 但是 |
[05:54] | It’s all I think about. | 我脑子里全是这些 |
[05:57] | It’s all I can think about. | 我只能想着这些 |
[06:01] | I can’t work, | 我无法工作 |
[06:03] | I can’t socialize, | 无法社交 |
[06:05] | I can’t have a life. | 我无法正常生活 |
[06:10] | And those meds are the only thing | 只有这些药才能让我 |
[06:12] | that makes it even remotely tolerable. | 稍稍控制这种冲动 |
[06:16] | They’ll kill you. | 这些药会害死你的 |
[06:26] | The residents have a betting pool | 住院医生们在打赌 |
[06:28] | on who you’re going to appoint. | 你会任命谁 |
[06:30] | As your replacement as Chief of Surgery, | 对于要接替你外科主任职务的人 |
[06:32] | the decision needs to be made with decorum and expediency. | 你必须做出合乎情理的决定 |
[06:35] | I haven’t quite gotten around to analyzing — | 我还没有怎么仔细想 |
[06:37] | You’ve had little face time with your attendings | 自从你当了院长 你几乎没有时间 |
[06:39] | since you became president. | 指导你的住院医生 |
[06:40] | You need to correct that. | 这个你得纠正一下 |
[06:44] | I’ve scheduled your announcement. | 我已经安排好你宣布结果的时间 |
[06:46] | You’ve got two days. | 你有两天时间 |
[07:00] | – Where is he? – He’s gone; | -他在哪 -他不见了 |
[07:02] | signed out AMA. | 不遵医嘱出院了 |
[07:03] | – I tried — – How long ago? | -我试了 -多久之前 |
[07:05] | Five minutes… | 五分钟 |
[07:12] | Why are we in a hurry? | 我们为什么这么赶 |
[07:13] | I was researching alternative meds for him. | 我刚才在为他寻找替代药物 |
[07:15] | Realized Lupron didn’t make any sense. | 发现醋酸亮丙瑞林说不通 |
[07:16] | Prescribing anti-androgens for sexual urges | 用抗雄激素来遏制性冲动 |
[07:19] | is like hitting a mosquito with a mallet. | 就像用大锤拍蚊子 |
[07:20] | Unless they’re deviant urges. | 除非这些冲动是变态的 |
[07:23] | We might’ve just released a child molester. | 我们可能刚放走了一个儿童猥亵犯 |
[07:35] | Should we call the police? | 我们要报警吗 |
[07:36] | We can’t. | 不行 |
[07:37] | We have no evidence of a crime. | 我们没有犯罪证据 |
[07:45] | Lim’s at 3 to 2, | 利姆的赔率三比二 |
[07:46] | Melendez is just behind at 2 to 1, | 梅伦德斯紧随其后 二比一 |
[07:48] | Cooperberg’s 7 to 1, | 库珀伯格是七比一 |
[07:49] | and if Dartling, or anybody else comes in, | 如果达特林 或者任何其他人中了 |
[07:51] | you can retire. | 你就可以退休了 |
[07:52] | Andrews might bail on Melendez | 当安德鲁斯发现我们的病人溜了 |
[07:54] | when he finds out our patient bolted. | 他可能会放弃梅伦德斯 |
[07:56] | Which is why Melendez is now 4 to 1. | 这就是为什么梅伦德斯赔率升到四比一了 |
[08:00] | Pari-mutuel betting is very exciting. | 同注分彩真令人兴奋[胜者平分奖池总金额] |
[08:03] | Do you need empathy to be a good doctor? | 要成为好医生需要同情心吗 |
[08:08] | No. I think it can interfere | 不用 我觉得它反而会 |
[08:10] | with effective decision-making. | 干扰我们有效做出决定 |
[08:12] | She’s just saying that to avoid hurting your feelings, | 她这么说只是为了让你不舒服 |
[08:15] | thus making her fake point for real — | 反而证实了她观点的对立面 |
[08:17] | her empathy made her lie to you. | 她因为同情所以撒谎 |
[08:19] | I think you just agreed with me and insulted me at the same time. | 我觉得你刚才既同意了我又侮辱了我 |
[08:22] | I think empathy’s very important… | 我觉得同情很重要 |
[08:24] | Telling the cold hard truth even when it hurts, | 即便会伤人 也要说出冰冷残酷的真相 |
[08:26] | sometimes is the most empathetic thing we can do. | 有时这才是我们最富同情心的举动 |
[08:29] | Which is what I’m doing for Shaun right now. | 正如我现在告诉肖恩这事 |
[08:31] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[08:33] | I have autism | 我有自闭症 |
[08:35] | which means I have a deficiency of mirror neurons, | 这意味着我的镜像神经元有缺陷 |
[08:38] | which inhibits me from emotionally trading places with people, | 导致我无法与他人产生情感共鸣 |
[08:40] | which makes empathy very difficult. | 所以同情对我来说很难 |
[08:47] | Does that mean I can’t be a good doctor? | 这是否意味着我不是个好医生 |
[08:51] | No, it doesn’t. | 不 |
[08:53] | We all have our strengths and weaknesses, Shaun. | 我们都有长处和短处 肖恩 |
[08:55] | One of Claire’s is making sure everyone feels validated. | 克莱尔的长处是让大家有认同感 |
[09:05] | The creep is back. | 那个变态回来了 |
[09:10] | Is George having another stroke? | 乔治又中风了吗 |
[09:12] | No. | 不是 |
[09:13] | Severe lacerations to the scrotum. | 阴囊严重撕裂 |
[09:15] | Did you give him anything for pain? | 你给他止痛药了吗 |
[09:17] | Morphine. Four milligrams. And I notified the cops; | 四毫克吗啡 我也通知警察了 |
[09:20] | I think it was a hate crime. | 我觉得这是起仇恨犯罪 |
[09:21] | Yeah, I don’t think so. | 我不觉得 |
[09:26] | All right. | 好了 |
[09:28] | On my count. | 听我的命令 |
[09:29] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[09:32] | We’ll take it from here. | 接下来交给我们吧 |
[09:33] | I’ll pack him and prep him. | 我帮他包扎并为他做准备 |
[09:42] | You did this to yourself, didn’t you? | 是你自己干的 对吧 |
[09:48] | I think I know what kind of urges you’ve been having. | 我想我知道你控制不住的冲动是什么了 |
[09:54] | I’m not a monster. | 我不是怪物 |
[09:56] | I never touched anyone… | 我从没有碰过任何人 |
[09:58] | any…child. | 任何孩子 |
[10:05] | My sister and I were always best friends… | 我和我姐姐一直是好朋友 |
[10:09] | but then she had children. | 但后来她生孩子了 |
[10:12] | If I can’t keep taking the drugs… | 如果我不一直吃药 |
[10:16] | I had to do this. | 我只能自宫 |
[10:19] | Home surgery tends to not have the results you’re hoping for. | 家庭手术往往达不到你期待的结果 |
[10:23] | You did a lot of damage | 你下手很重 |
[10:24] | but your testicles are unscathed. | 但你的睾丸并未被切除 |
[10:30] | Please…finish the job. | 求你了 帮我切除吧 |
[10:37] | I say we do it; he’s a pedophile. | 要我说我们就切了 他是恋童癖 |
[10:39] | No, he’s not. | 不 他不是 |
[10:40] | He just told us he was. | 他自己刚承认了 |
[10:41] | He has never acted on his urges, | 他从未因冲动做出坏事 |
[10:43] | and he’s asking us to do something | 而且他让我们帮忙 |
[10:44] | to ensure he never does. | 确保不再有那种冲动 |
[10:46] | He is a decent person trying — | 他是个好人 试图… |
[10:48] | I’m confused. | 我搞不懂了 |
[10:49] | What do you want to do with him? | 你想拿他怎么办 |
[10:50] | Treat him like a patient with a diagnosis. | 当正常病人 给出诊断 |
[10:52] | Put him on antidepressants, | 让他服用抗抑郁剂 |
[10:54] | refer him to a urologist, give him a psych eval. | 介绍泌尿科医生给他 并做个精神评估 |
[10:56] | Let the experts determine if he should have a castration. | 让专家决定他是否该被阉割 |
[10:59] | Psych eval? Antidepressants? | 精神评估 抗抑郁剂 |
[11:01] | When we refer people for counseling, | 我们让病人去做心理咨询后 |
[11:03] | how often do they get cured? | 有多少人被治愈了 |
[11:04] | I am looking to help him manage this dis– | 我是在找能帮助他的… |
[11:05] | And if they don’t get cured, what happens? | 如果他们没被治愈呢 那怎么办 |
[11:07] | They get more depressed, can’t cope, quit jobs, | 更加抑郁 无法承受现实 辞职 |
[11:10] | maybe kill themselves? | 也许自杀 |
[11:12] | All bad, but not…rape-a-child bad. | 都不是好事 但都比不上强奸儿童 |
[11:16] | So what are you going to do? | 那你打算怎么做 |
[11:22] | We can’t ethically remove healthy organs | 从伦理上来说 我们不能为阻止犯罪 |
[11:25] | for crime prevention. | 就切除健康的器官 |
[11:26] | We don’t amputate a kleptomaniac’s hands | 我们不会为了防止偷窃癖偷东西 |
[11:28] | to prevent them from stealing. | 就切除他们的手 |
[11:30] | Hands have many purposes; | 手有很多用途 |
[11:31] | the balls of a pedophile have but one. | 但恋童癖的睾丸只有一个作用 |
[11:34] | Set up his referrals and patch him up. | 给他准备转诊并把他包扎好 |
[11:49] | How long you been in Foothills? | 你来富特希尔斯多久了 |
[11:51] | Nine months… | 九个月 |
[11:53] | Time flies in Juvie. | 少管所的日子过得很快 |
[11:54] | Any visitors? | 有人来看你吗 |
[11:56] | I don’t have a granny bringing me cookies, | 我没有带饼干来看我的奶奶 |
[11:58] | if that’s what you mean. | 如果你是问这个 |
[12:00] | This is why empathy is bad. | 所以同情心不是个好东西 |
[12:03] | You’re talking to our patient because you like him, | 你和患者说话因为你喜欢他 |
[12:05] | which is causing him to move, | 导致他乱动 |
[12:07] | which is affecting our imagery. | 使我们的成像不清 |
[12:09] | He’s scared. | 他很害怕 |
[12:10] | I’m talking to him to calm him down | 我和他说话是想安慰他 |
[12:12] | which is improving our imagery. | 这对成像有利 |
[12:13] | The fact that I like him is beside the point. | 我喜不喜欢他根本不重要 |
[12:16] | You grow up in San Jose? | 你在圣何塞长大的吗 |
[12:18] | East Paly…but I got out of there as soon as I could… | 在东边 但我一有机会就出来了 |
[12:22] | I was 15. | 那时我才十五 |
[12:23] | Your parents still there? | 你的父母还在那吗 |
[12:25] | Mom’s gone… | 妈妈去世了 |
[12:26] | Dear old Dad is…terrible. | 亲爱的老爸 很可怕 |
[12:29] | Siblings? | 兄弟姐妹呢 |
[12:30] | Little brother… | 一个弟弟 |
[12:32] | He’s gone too… | 他也死了 |
[12:37] | Crappy dad. Lost his brother… | 变态老爹 失去弟弟 |
[12:40] | I mean, you really don’t ha– | 我说 你不会真的 |
[12:40] | He’s not scared. | 他不害怕 |
[12:42] | He’s short of breath | 他是喘不上气 |
[12:43] | because his diaphragm is lacerated. | 因为他的膈肌裂了 |
[12:45] | His stomach has passed through that tear | 他的胃穿过那个裂缝 |
[12:48] | and is now in his chest. | 现在到他的胸腔了 |
[12:50] | Billy needs emergency surgery on his diaphragm. | 比利需要紧急手术修复隔膜 |
[12:56] | The defect reaches all the way | 裂口从中心部分 |
[12:57] | from the center to the anterior costal margin. | 一直延伸到肋边缘 |
[13:00] | So what do we need to do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[13:01] | Divide the inferior pulmonary ligament | 分开肺下韧带 |
[13:03] | to bring the lung upwards. | 把肺部往上移动 |
[13:06] | Mesh. | 网格 |
[13:09] | Whoever kicked him was wearing some serious footwear. | 踢他的人穿的鞋子可挺专业啊 |
[13:12] | And they’ll be waiting for him when he goes back. | 而且等他回去后还要重新挨揍 |
[13:14] | Unless we help him. | 除非我们帮他 |
[13:15] | Dr. Park wants to fix his forehead. | 朴医生想修复他的额头 |
[13:20] | The Constitution guarantees prisoners | 「宪法」规定所有囚犯 |
[13:21] | get the same care as everyone else. | 享有与他人同等的医疗服务 |
[13:23] | Most non-prisoners can’t afford cosmetic surgery. | 大多数普通人都负担不起整容手术 |
[13:26] | He would be getting better care than everyone else. | 他会得到比多数人都好的医疗服务 |
[13:29] | Kid is smart and personable and puts up a great front. | 这孩子很聪明 讨人喜欢还有礼貌 |
[13:31] | But he’s scared to death. | 但他肯定很害怕 |
[13:33] | And he got 36 months for selling weed; | 卖大麻让他蹲了三年牢 |
[13:35] | a crime that doesn’t even exist anymore. | 而这罪名现在都已经不存在了 |
[13:36] | You think his life would be anything like this | 如果他脑门上没有这个大坑 |
[13:38] | if he didn’t grow up with a massive dent in his head? | 他的生活还会是这样吗 |
[13:42] | Sorry, I’m not convinced. | 抱歉 说服不了我 |
[13:44] | Is that because you don’t have any empathy for Billy? | 是因为你对比利没有同情心吗 |
[13:49] | No. It’s because I agree with you: | 不 是因为我同意你的观点 |
[13:51] | it’s expensive, risky and unnecessary. | 这手术又贵 风险大还没必要 |
[13:54] | But empathy can be an invaluable motivator, Dr. Murphy, | 但同情心能成为珍贵的动力 莫菲医生 |
[13:58] | that truly connects the physician with their patient. | 能让医生和病人间产生羁绊 |
[14:06] | Is he still up there? | 他还在上面吗 |
[14:14] | Yes he is. | 还在 |
[14:19] | We can’t do the castration, George. | 我们无法为你阉割 乔治 |
[14:21] | Not without the proper psychiatric clearance. | 得有精神科的批准 |
[14:24] | That’ll take forever. | 那得等很久 |
[14:25] | Just a few months. | 只是几个月 |
[14:26] | A few months is forever. | 几个月就是很久 |
[14:28] | Binge watch your favorite shows, catch up on your reading. | 连轴看你最爱的剧 多读书 |
[14:31] | You attracted to men, Dr. Reznick? | 你喜欢男人吗 雷兹尼克医生 |
[14:34] | Yes. Adult men. | 喜欢 成年男性 |
[14:36] | And if that were…reprehensible, | 如果这种喜爱是不道德的 |
[14:40] | do you think you could stop? | 你能停止这种喜欢吗 |
[14:43] | You have no idea what it’s like | 你根本不知道 |
[14:46] | to live with these thoughts. | 活在这种想法中有多煎熬 |
[14:48] | I hate them, | 我讨厌这些感情 |
[14:51] | and I hate myself for having them. | 我讨厌自己有这种感情 |
[14:55] | But I can’t stop them… | 但我无法阻止自己 |
[14:58] | and I’m afraid of what I could do. | 我很怕自己会做出不堪设想的事 |
[15:05] | We will start the process immediately. | 我们马上就为你安排精神评估 |
[15:07] | In the meantime, we’ll transfuse you, | 同时给你输液 |
[15:09] | get you on antibiotics — | 让你服用抗生素 |
[15:11] | No. I’m refusing treatment. | 不 我不接受治疗 |
[15:14] | No transfusion. No antibiotics. No repair. | 不要输液 不要抗生素 不要治疗 |
[15:18] | Let ’em rot. | 让这孽根腐烂吧 |
[15:23] | We have something in common. | 我们存在共同之处 |
[15:27] | Neither of us has a driver’s license. | 我们都没有驾照 |
[15:32] | How do you feel about not having a driver’s license? | 你感觉没有驾照怎么样 |
[15:37] | I’m pissed, Shaun. | 我很生气 肖恩 |
[15:39] | You feel pissed. | 你很生气 |
[15:41] | Yes, I feel pissed. I feel very pissed | 是的 我生气 很生气 |
[15:43] | because something important was taken away from me. | 因为我被抢走了很重要的东西 |
[15:46] | And by a friend. | 还是被朋友抢走的 |
[15:47] | You feel very pissed | 你很生气 |
[15:49] | because something important was taken away from you… | 因为你被抢走了很重要的东西 |
[15:52] | and by a friend. | 还是被朋友抢走的 |
[15:53] | And parroting everything I say isn’t helping. | 重复我说的话可起不到什么帮助 |
[15:57] | I’m finding commonality, Dr. Glassman, | 我在寻找共鸣 格拉斯曼医生 |
[16:00] | and inquiring about your emotional state, | 调查你的情感状态 |
[16:02] | and actively listening by restating your responses. | 通过复述你的话来更好地倾听你 |
[16:06] | “External corroboration enhances our sense of self-worth.” | 「外界认同有助于加强自我价值感」 |
[16:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:13] | The day after I got my driver’s license, | 我拿到驾照的第二天 |
[16:15] | you want to know what I did? | 你想知道我做了什么吗 |
[16:16] | I went out and bought a 1963 Galaxie, Midnight Blue. | 我买了一辆午夜蓝福特1963 |
[16:20] | 1,255 bucks, | 1255块 |
[16:21] | every penny I earned for the past three years | 是我在加油站工作三年 |
[16:25] | working in a gas station. | 赚到的所有钱 |
[16:26] | How do you think that made me feel? | 你觉得我是什么感受 |
[16:29] | You liked it? | 喜欢这种感觉 |
[16:30] | No, Shaun. I loved it. | 不 肖恩 我爱这种感觉 |
[16:32] | You want to know why? | 你想知道为什么吗 |
[16:33] | Because a car to a sixteen-year-old kid | 对于十六岁的少年 一辆车 |
[16:36] | means independence, | 代表着独立 |
[16:37] | which means he can go wherever he wants | 代表他可以去任何他想去的地方 |
[16:39] | whenever he wants. | 随时可以出发 |
[16:40] | And that doesn’t change with age, Shaun, | 而这种独立不会随着年龄变化 肖恩 |
[16:45] | in fact, it means even more. | 事实上 它反而会加强 |
[16:51] | When you took my license, that’s what you took from me. | 当你拿走我的驾照 你拿走了我的独立 |
[16:56] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我不指望你能明白 |
[16:57] | So you don’t have to pretend. | 你不用假装懂 |
[17:11] | Is Andrews stalking you? | 安德鲁斯在监视你吗 |
[17:12] | It’s annoying. | 太烦人了 |
[17:14] | We need to stand together and tell him to back off. | 我们得团结一致抵制他 |
[17:17] | I’m not telling the president he’s annoying. | 我才不会跟院长说他很烦人 |
[17:19] | He’s infringing on our autonomy | 他在侵犯我们的自主权 |
[17:21] | and inhibiting the free flow of ideas, | 阻止想法的交流 |
[17:23] | both of which affect our ability | 两者都会阻碍我们 |
[17:24] | to deliver the best patient care. | 给病人最好的治疗 |
[17:28] | That sounds slightly better. | 听上去好多了 |
[17:30] | Okay. I’m in. | 好吧 我加入 |
[17:37] | – Are you? – No. Of course not. | -真的吗 -当然不 |
[17:39] | The last thing I’m gonna do right now is confront him, | 我才不想正面回击他 |
[17:41] | I’m the front-runner. | 我现在是领先的 |
[17:42] | Not according to Vegas, | 虽然不是官方数据 |
[17:43] | I’m three to two. | 我现在是三比二 |
[17:47] | Guess they don’t know that you have double my mortality rate. | 我猜他们不知道你治疗致死率是我的两倍 |
[17:51] | I’m a trauma surgeon, | 我是个创伤外科医生 |
[17:53] | you’re comparing apples to asshats. | 你这是把苹果和混蛋比 |
[17:56] | I resent being called an apple. | 我不喜欢被叫苹果 |
[18:00] | The diaphragm repair went very well. | 隔膜修复很成功 |
[18:02] | And we’ve scheduled your orbital fracture repair. | 我们已经安排好给你做眼眶骨折修复 |
[18:04] | We’ll get you some stronger pain meds for the recovery. | 我们会给你些强力止痛药助你康复 |
[18:08] | When are you gonna fix my forehead, | 你们什么时候修复我的前额 |
[18:09] | make me all John Legend? | 让我变得像约翰·传奇 |
[18:14] | I tried, Billy. | 我尽力了 比利 |
[18:16] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:18] | I wasn’t really getting my hopes up anyway. | 我本来也没多大期望 |
[18:21] | My dad taught me that. | 我爸爸教我会如此 |
[18:22] | He’d say, “You know what, Billy?” | 他会说 「你知道吗 比利」 |
[18:24] | And he’d just punch me in the face. | 然后他就会正面给我一拳 |
[18:27] | At least, I think that was the lesson he was trying to impart. | 至少我觉得他让我记住了这个教训 |
[18:30] | That’s what happened to your forehead? | 所以你前额才会成这样吗 |
[18:35] | He was a big A’s fan. | 他是个超级棒球粉丝 |
[18:37] | Watched every game with a bat in his hand. | 他看每场比赛都拿着球棍 |
[18:40] | August 14th, 2008, | 2008年8月14日 |
[18:43] | they lost in the 12th inning… | 在第十二局中他们输了 |
[19:07] | Infection’s setting in but his testicles | 感染了 但是他的睾丸 |
[19:08] | still show good flow on the Doppler. | 在多普勒上看来血流很好 |
[19:10] | – Pain meds? – He won’t take them. | -止痛药呢 -他不肯吃 |
[19:12] | Thinks they’ll knock him out | 他觉得那会让他昏过去 |
[19:13] | and we’ll step in and repair them. | 我们就能趁机进行修复 |
[19:15] | I hate this. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[19:17] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[19:27] | I’m going to be a good driver. | 我会是个好司机 |
[19:31] | I got every answer correct on the written test. | 笔试部分我全对了 |
[19:33] | Except one | 除了一题 |
[19:34] | but that was because it was improperly worded. | 但那也是因为题目用词不当 |
[19:37] | I told the DMV they need to rewrite it | 我跟车管局反映要重写那题 |
[19:40] | and they said they’d take it under advisement. | 他们说会考虑一下 |
[19:44] | Great. | 很好 |
[19:45] | Let’s go. | 出发吧 |
[19:54] | Okay… let’s close our eyes… | 好的 闭上双眼 |
[19:57] | and take some nice, deep breaths… | 慢慢深呼吸 |
[20:04] | And how about a little guided imagery, | 做些引导联想 |
[20:07] | to evoke positive visualizations? | 唤起积极的画面 |
[20:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:16] | Let’s picture the parking lot… | 想象一下停车场 |
[20:18] | the cars around us… | 周围都是车 |
[20:21] | the yellow steel thingy at the entrance of the parking lot | 停车场入口处的黄色金属物体 |
[20:24] | that could really do a lot of damage… | 能够造成许多破坏 |
[20:26] | A bollard. | 护柱 |
[20:29] | The speed bump that is 15 feet from the corner | 离角落约四米五远的路面减速带 |
[20:34] | with the stop sign that someone put a “Hate” sticker on | 贴着「憎恶」的停车标志 |
[20:38] | so it says “Stop Hate,” | 像在告诉你「别再憎恶了」 |
[20:41] | which is right in front of the Jiff-E Mart, | 对面就是便利店 |
[20:43] | which says it’s open “8 til Late, 24/7,” | 门口写着「便利店 全天营业」 |
[20:46] | which can’t be true beca– | 虽然不可能是真的 因为 |
[20:47] | That’s great, Shaun. | 很好 肖恩 |
[20:49] | Super amount of visualization. | 想到很多画面啊 |
[20:51] | And now that we’re feeling comfortable about our surroundings, | 现在我们适应了周围的环境 |
[20:54] | we can put the car into drive, | 我们可以开始驾车 |
[20:57] | ease our foot off the brake… | 轻轻松开刹车 |
[21:01] | Very nice… | 很好 |
[21:02] | We can open our eyes now, Shaun. | 睁开眼 肖恩 |
[21:04] | What we’re doing is cruel. | 我们在做的事太残酷了 |
[21:06] | I’m open to all options, Dr. Browne. | 我虚心求教 布朗医生 |
[21:17] | I’m gonna have to ask you to give us some privacy. | 我需要你给我们点空间 |
[21:19] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:20] | You want to throw the president of the hospital | 你想让院长 |
[21:22] | out of a medical discussion? | 退出医学讨论吗 |
[21:27] | You’re infringing on my autonomy | 你在干扰我的自主权 |
[21:28] | and inhibiting the free flow of ideas, | 阻止思想的交流 |
[21:31] | both of which affect my ability to deliver the best patient care. | 两者都会影响我给病人最好的治疗 |
[21:44] | Dr. Melendez. | 梅伦德斯医生 |
[21:51] | There are many drivers not following the rules of the road. | 有许多司机都没有遵守道路规则 |
[21:55] | They fail to signal, check their blind spots… | 他们忽视信号 也不检查盲点 |
[22:00] | display a red flag when the load extends | 车子载的东西已超过尾灯约一米二 |
[22:03] | more than four feet past the tail lamp. | 警告信号灯都亮起来了 |
[22:06] | You’re right, Shaun, it’s a mad world. | 你说得对 肖恩 这是个疯狂的世界 |
[22:08] | But there’s nothing you can do about them, | 但你改变不了他们 |
[22:10] | you just got to focus on you. | 你只能关注你自己 |
[22:11] | Yes, let’s focus on me. | 关注自己吧 |
[22:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:15] | Let’s take the next right. | 下一个路口右转 |
[22:21] | You can drive in the bike lane | 准备转弯的时候 |
[22:23] | when you’re this close to the turn, Shaun. | 你可以开进自行车车道 肖恩 |
[22:25] | No, I can’t. | 不 我不能 |
[22:26] | It’s a broken line. | 那是虚线 |
[22:27] | That was the improperly worded question — | 这就是拿道用词不当的题 |
[22:30] | whether it’s broken or solid, | 无论虚线实线 |
[22:32] | you can’t enter the bike lane | 如果离十字路口就这点距离 |
[22:33] | this distance from the intersection. | 那就不能开进自行车车道 |
[22:36] | I told them that it — | 我告诉过他们 |
[22:42] | Okay, Shaun. You don’t have to go so slow. | 肖恩 你不用开这么慢 |
[22:48] | She’s in the lane, | 她在车道内 |
[22:48] | she’s not supposed to be in the lane. | 她不应该在车道内 |
[22:50] | It’s a violation carrying a fine — | 这可是要罚款的 |
[22:53] | – Okay, Shaun, don’t worry about what she’s doing — – No. | -肖恩别管她 -不 |
[22:56] | Shaun, you have to pull into the bike lane — | 肖恩 开进自行车车道 |
[22:58] | Don’t worry about what she’s doing — | 别担心她在做什么 |
[23:01] | You can’t just stop. | 你不能停下 |
[23:02] | Shaun, you can’t just stop… | 肖恩 你不能随便就停下 |
[23:05] | Shaun! | 肖恩 |
[23:10] | George is screaming in agony and we are doing nothing. | 乔治痛得乱叫而我们却视若无睹 |
[23:13] | Except hiding behind ethical red tape. | 除了拿那套道德的说辞做挡箭牌 |
[23:15] | Ethical red tape is there to protect people like him | 那套道德的说辞就是为避免像他这样的人 |
[23:18] | from making permanent regrettable mistakes. | 犯下悔恨终生的错误而存在的 |
[23:20] | I’m glad we’re not using it to cover our asses | 还好在宣布新的外科主任之前 |
[23:22] | the day before the new Chief of Surgery is announced. | 我们没有用它来自保 |
[23:29] | Let me sign off on the documentation. | 我把文件签了吧 |
[23:32] | I’ll note his scrotum is already beyond repair | 我会注明他的阴囊已经无法修补 |
[23:35] | and surgical castration is our only option. | 外科阉割是我们的唯一选择 |
[23:38] | – I vote yes. – No. | -我投赞成票 -不行 |
[23:40] | I’m not gonna let anyone falsify medical records. | 我不会让任何人篡改医疗记录 |
[23:42] | Not for pain. Not for a pedophile. | 疼痛不能成为理由 恋童癖也不行 |
[23:45] | Once his testes are actually beyond repair, | 如果他的睾丸真的无法修补 |
[23:48] | we will castrate him. | 我们会阉割他的 |
[23:50] | So we’re just gonna leave him there screaming; | 所以我们就让他一直惨叫 |
[23:52] | keeping his entire unit awake? | 闹得整个病区睡不着 |
[23:55] | Move him. | 给他换个房间 |
[24:04] | I’d like a clean dissection through the periosteal planes | 我喜欢穿过多层骨膜做一个整齐的切口 |
[24:07] | so I can slip the MEDPOR mesh over the fracture. | 这样就能把高密度聚乙烯网滑到骨折处 |
[24:10] | Why do I prefer MEDPOR mesh? | 为什么选择高密度聚乙烯网 |
[24:12] | It allows fibrovascular ingrowth | 它让纤维血管可以向内生长 |
[24:14] | and integration – of the patient’s tissue. | 并与患者的组织相结合 |
[24:19] | Prisoner surgeries are approved for psychological reasons all the time. | 囚犯由于精神问题请求的手术总会被批准 |
[24:22] | Tattoo removal, | 比如除去纹身 |
[24:23] | gender reassignments include breast implants; | 变性手术包括隆胸手术 |
[24:26] | hell if he had a crappy smile | 甚至如果他笑起来很难看 |
[24:27] | we could justify dental work as needed | 我们也会以正常的咀嚼需求为由 |
[24:28] | for proper mastication… | 理所当然地提供牙科治疗 |
[24:30] | You sent a few kids to Juvie? | 你曾经把一些孩子送进了少管所 |
[24:34] | More than a few. | 比你想的要多 |
[24:37] | You feel guilty. | 你感到愧疚 |
[24:39] | Think that’s maybe clouding your judgment? | 这可能会影响你的判断 |
[24:42] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[24:46] | You’re afraid of ruffling Andrews’ feathers | 你也害怕在安德鲁斯做决定的关键时刻 |
[24:49] | this close to decision day. | 有什么变动 |
[24:50] | Think that’s maybe clouding yours? | 所以这也可能会影响你的判断 |
[24:53] | We could give Billy a breast implant. | 我们可以给比利做「隆胸手术」 |
[24:58] | We could insert it | 我们可以把植入物插到 |
[24:59] | over his split thickness frontal bone defect; | 他额骨凹陷处的分层移植物上面 |
[25:02] | it would only require a tiny incision at his eyebrow. | 只需要在他的眉毛上开个小切口 |
[25:05] | Now you’re in favor of this? | 所以你现在支持这么做了 |
[25:07] | I was against it – because it was too expensive | 我之前反对是因为成本太高 |
[25:10] | and unnecessary and risky | 没有必要而且有风险 |
[25:11] | but if we do it now, | 但如果我们趁现在做 |
[25:13] | it won’t require any additional surgery. | 就不需要额外的手术 |
[25:15] | And it’d be very economical. | 可以节省很多成本 |
[25:18] | He did give us verbal consent when he was first admitted. | 他最初同意手术时的确给过我们口头许可 |
[25:25] | Keep him under. | 先保持麻醉状态 |
[25:27] | Get what we need, Dr. Murphy. | 我们得先准备好需要的东西 莫菲医生 |
[25:42] | Ready or not… | 准备好了吗 |
[25:44] | Tell Melendez to meet us in the O.R. | 告诉梅伦德斯到手术室找我们 |
[25:51] | Showing signs of ischemia; | 出现缺血的征兆 |
[25:54] | we have a strong medical case for removing. | 已经有足够病例支持我们做切除手术 |
[25:59] | Dr. Lim. You a castration fan? | 利姆医生 你也支持阉割吗 |
[26:00] | Right now, I am. | 现在我支持 |
[26:02] | – Andrews told me he’s backing off. – Great. | -安德鲁斯告诉我他愿意让步 -很好 |
[26:04] | Because you presented him with a very good argument. | 因为你给了他一个很不错的论据 |
[26:06] | – My argument. – Which you regurgitated to him | -那是我的论据 -你说你不会支持我 |
[26:09] | right after you said you wouldn’t back me up. | 结果转头就转述给他了 |
[26:11] | Call that leadership? | 这就是所谓的领导才能吗 |
[26:12] | Yes I do. | 是的 |
[26:13] | You presented me with a very good argument | 你告诉我了一个很好的论据 |
[26:15] | but you didn’t have the guts to take it to Andrews on your own. | 但你自己却没有胆量把它告诉安德鲁斯 |
[26:18] | One more reason I don’t want to work under you. | 还有一个我不想在你手下工作的原因就是 |
[26:20] | You don’t want this promotion so that you can improve the hospital, | 你要升职并不是为了把医院变得更好 |
[26:23] | you want it for the pretty title. | 你只是想要个漂亮的头衔而已 |
[26:24] | You’re an adrenaline junky; | 你就是沉迷于肾上腺素的刺激 |
[26:25] | you won’t last 2 weeks liaising with board members. | 你无法坚持和董事会保持联络超过两周 |
[26:29] | There’s a long and dusty trail | 这是一条漫长而满是尘土的道路 |
[26:31] | littered with people who have underestimated me. | 一路都是曾经低估我的人 |
[26:37] | We’re ready to go. | 我们准备好了 |
[26:40] | Curved tissue scissors, please. | 解剖剪 谢谢 |
[26:44] | His systolic is 68. And look at this. | 他的收缩压是68 看看这里 |
[26:50] | He’s septic. | 他感染了 |
[26:51] | He’s going into D.I.C. | 他会出现弥散性血管内凝血 |
[26:52] | Rerun his labs, | 重新给他做化验 |
[26:54] | have platelets, plasma and cryo ready. | 准备好血小板 血浆和冷却设备 |
[26:56] | If he starts bleeding, he’ll die. | 如果开始流血 他就会死 |
[27:02] | I reduced the volume from 80 cc’s to 35. | 我把容量从80毫升减少到了35毫升 |
[27:17] | Have the odds changed in the last 24 hours? | 过去的24小时赔率有变化吗 |
[27:20] | – Little. – Where am I at? | -变了一点点 -我的赔率如何 |
[27:21] | Six to one. | 六比一 |
[27:24] | I’ll put 100 on me. | 那我再给自己押一百 |
[27:29] | He’s becoming severely bradycardic. | 他出现了严重的心动过缓 |
[27:31] | The pressure on his orbit caused a retrobulbar hematoma. | 眼眶上的压力会导致球后血肿 |
[27:35] | If we don’t relieve it now, he’ll arrest. | 如果我们不把压力释放掉 他会停止呼吸 |
[27:36] | Forceps and scissors. | 钳子和剪刀 |
[27:38] | Just lost his pulse; pushing atropine. | 没有脉搏了 推注阿托品 |
[27:40] | Set up a temporary transcutaneous pacemaker. | 装一个临时的经皮起搏器 |
[27:42] | If we inject the orbital muscle with local anesthetic | 如果进行局部麻醉后对眼眶肌进行注射 |
[27:44] | we might be able to fatigue the reflex. | 可能可以减轻反射 |
[27:46] | Do it. | 就这么办 |
[27:50] | Starting CPR. | 开始心肺复苏 |
[27:55] | I hope – that’s a look of resolve. | 我希望这是解决问题的表情 |
[27:58] | Melendez stood up to me in front of his residents. | 梅伦德斯在他的住院医生面前顶撞我 |
[28:02] | I did the same thing to | 我像他这么大的时候 |
[28:03] | O’Connell when I was his age. | 也对奥康纳尔做过一样的事 |
[28:06] | What about Lim? | 那利姆呢 |
[28:07] | She has the kind of focus that took me years to develop. | 我花了很多年才培养出她那样的专注力 |
[28:11] | And Cooperberg, | 还有库珀伯格 |
[28:12] | he reminds me of me when I was — | 他让我想起当年 |
[28:14] | Marcus. You were good. | 马库斯 你一直都很优秀 |
[28:17] | But no one’s gonna be as good as you think you were. | 但是没人会和你记忆中的自己一样优秀 |
[28:22] | One of your weaknesses was decision-making. | 你曾经的弱点之一就是做决定 |
[28:25] | I trust you’ve gotten past that since I made you president. | 我相信你成为院长的时候已迈过了那个坎 |
[28:34] | Continuing compressions | 继续按压 |
[28:35] | until I have capture on the pacemaker. | 直到我捕捉到起搏器的心率 |
[28:38] | Pacing pads are in position. | 起搏垫已就位 |
[28:42] | Stopping CPR. | 停止心肺复苏 |
[28:45] | Injecting lidocaine. | 注射利多卡因 |
[28:47] | I have set the rate to 80. | 我把心率设为80 |
[28:51] | Increase the ventricular by two milliamps. | 把心室电流增加两毫安 |
[28:58] | Increase by two more. | 再增加两毫安 |
[29:11] | Blood pressure is responding, 102/68. | 测到血压了 102/68 |
[29:16] | Keep those pacer settings | 保持起搏器设置 |
[29:18] | and let’s get back to the main event. | 我们回到正事上来 |
[29:24] | Both his PT and PTT | 他的凝血酶原时间和 |
[29:25] | are coming back down, | 部分凝血致活酶时间都降回去了 |
[29:26] | his systolic is stable at 110, and no ectopy on the monitor. | 收缩压稳定在110 监视器上无异位 |
[29:30] | His D.I.C. Score is back under four. | 弥漫性血管内凝血评分也回到了四以下 |
[29:32] | He’s stabilized. | 他稳定下来了 |
[29:37] | Ball’s in your court. | 球又踢回你这边了 |
[29:42] | Dr. Melendez? | 梅伦德斯医生 |
[29:44] | Effects of low testosterone on cardiovascular function and sepsis? | 低睾酮水平对于心血管功能和败血症有哪些影响 |
[29:47] | Possible acute vascular response, | 可能出现急性的血管反应 |
[29:50] | circulatory collapse — | 循环系统崩溃 |
[29:51] | And what about on D.I.C.? | 那对弥漫性血管内凝血会有什么影响呢 |
[29:53] | Increased risk of clots and stroke. | 增加了血栓和中风的危险 |
[29:58] | George’s body can’t tolerate any loss of testosterone right now. | 乔治的身体现在经不起任何睾酮流失了 |
[30:02] | We want to save his life, | 要想挽救他的生命 |
[30:04] | we have to save his testicles. | 我们就必须拯救他的睾丸 |
[30:08] | Sutures. | 缝线 |
[30:18] | I know how to get you to drive. | 我知道怎样能让你开车了 |
[30:20] | I can’t drive. | 我不能开车 |
[30:22] | Driving is just like surgery. | 开车就像做手术 |
[30:24] | Say you’re driving down the street | 假设你正沿着马路往前开 |
[30:26] | and suddenly, – somebody steps off the sidewalk, | 突然 有人冲出了人行道 |
[30:29] | right in front of you. | 就在你前面 |
[30:30] | Things like that must happen | 这就好像你正在病人的腹腔深处做手术时 |
[30:31] | when you’re deep inside someone’s belly. | 会出现的任何状况 |
[30:33] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[30:35] | It’s an analogy, Shaun. | 这只是打个比方 肖恩 |
[30:36] | I need you to work with me just a little bit. | 你能认真听我说吗 |
[30:38] | Give me. | 给我 |
[30:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:50] | It would be something unexpected, | 意外时有发生 |
[30:53] | out of our control, | 我们无法控制 |
[30:55] | from an aberrant source, and very bad. | 原因也千奇百怪 而且有时很糟糕 |
[30:59] | It would be analogous to an arterial bleed. | 就好像动脉出血 |
[31:03] | How about if a truck stalls out, crippling traffic? | 如果一辆卡车突然抛锚 妨碍了交通 |
[31:08] | A thrombus impeding blood flow, so we divert. | 就好像血栓阻断了血流 于是我们绕道 |
[31:12] | A thrombus, exactly. | 对 就像血栓 |
[31:14] | What if you’re just cruising along | 如果你只是在沿着马路慢慢开 |
[31:15] | and a car comes out of nowhere and goes racing by? | 不知道从哪冒出来一辆车快速超到你前面 |
[31:18] | A tachyarrhythmia. | 这就像快速性心律失常 |
[31:20] | – Yes! Shaun, you got this. – Yes. | -对 肖恩 你说对了 -好棒 |
[31:23] | So let’s get you driving that hooptie. | 我带你去开那辆破车吧 |
[31:30] | I’ve got this, Albert. | 我搞定了 亚伯特 |
[31:45] | We did the surgery; | 手术结束了 |
[31:46] | your circulatory and clotting systems | 你的循环凝血系统 |
[31:48] | were shutting down. | 已经被关闭了 |
[31:50] | But removing your testicles would have put you | 但切除你的睾丸有可能会让你陷入 |
[31:53] | at greater risk by reducing your — | 更危险的境地 这会降低你的… |
[31:55] | You would have died. | 你有可能会死 |
[32:01] | I’ve set you up with a psychiatrist and a urologist. | 我帮你约了心理医生和泌尿科医生 |
[32:05] | They’ll screen you, get you cleared, | 他们会给你拍片子做检查 |
[32:07] | and then we can do this the right way. | 然后我们就能顺利完成手术了 |
[32:10] | George, we can get this done. | 乔治 我们能做到的 |
[32:12] | You just cannot try this again. | 只是你不能再这么做了 |
[32:18] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[32:21] | I do it your way, – or it just doesn’t happen. | 要么按你们说的来 要么就没法手术 |
[32:42] | It’s just another intersection, Shaun, | 只是又一个十字路口 肖恩 |
[32:44] | just like the last one and just like the next one… | 跟上一个一模一样 下一个也是如此 |
[32:48] | The last intersection isn’t where everyone honked at me | 上一个十字路口又没有大家都冲我按喇叭 |
[32:51] | and made me freeze — | 吓得我不知所措 |
[32:52] | That was a different day, with different drivers | 那天不一样 路上的司机都不一样 |
[32:55] | and a different Shaun behind the wheel, | 开车的肖恩也不是那天的肖恩了 |
[32:57] | because today, this Shaun has a plan | 因为今天的肖恩面对这个十字路口 |
[33:00] | for this intersection, which is… | 心里有数 那就是… |
[33:04] | …I am going to dissect it. | 我会把它「解剖」开 |
[33:07] | Damn right you are. | 说得没错 |
[33:08] | And today, you’re gonna turn right | 而今天 你要右转 |
[33:10] | which you will do by… | 你的做法是 |
[33:11] | Determining laterality. | 决定转弯方向 |
[33:13] | And waiting until I can legally enter the bike lane. | 等到能够进入自行车道时转弯 |
[33:27] | Somebody just made a turn… | 某人刚刚转了个弯呀 |
[33:38] | Shaun! | 肖恩 |
[33:45] | Everybody okay? | 大家都没事吧 |
[33:47] | You were wrong. | 你错了 |
[33:51] | You were wrong, Lea. | 你错了 莉亚 |
[33:52] | I can’t drive. | 我不能开车 |
[33:55] | – Shaun, I thought I had it figured out. – I can’t drive. | -肖恩 我以为这样可以 -我不能开车 |
[33:59] | I — | 我 |
[34:00] | Surgery is mechanical. | 手术重在操纵器械 |
[34:02] | Mechanics are predictable. | 器械是可预知的 |
[34:04] | Driving is subject to human foibles | 开车则受人的癖好影响 |
[34:06] | which means there are limitless possibilities. | 也就意味着有无限的可能 |
[34:08] | You’re right. My metaphor sucked. | 你说得对 我的比喻糟透了 |
[34:09] | It sucked very much. | 糟得不能再糟了 |
[34:12] | Because… | 因为 |
[34:15] | becoming a surgeon is about way more than operating. | 成为一名外科医生不止要学习操作技术 |
[34:21] | You had to learn about interacting | 还要学会互动 |
[34:23] | with teachers, co-workers, patients, bosses. | 与老师 同事 病人和老板互动 |
[34:27] | Cooperating with them, communicating with them — | 与他们合作 与他们交流 |
[34:29] | I am very bad at communicating. | 我很不擅长交流 |
[34:32] | Shaun, you became a surgeon; | 肖恩 你成了一名外科医生 |
[34:35] | one of the hardest things that anyone can do. | 这是人能做到的最难的事之一 |
[34:40] | And you proved that just because something is hard, | 你证明了事情难以做到 |
[34:42] | doesn’t mean you can’t do it. | 并不意味着你做不到 |
[34:45] | And look what you just did. | 看看你刚做了什么 |
[34:46] | I just hit a trash can. | 我刚撞了一个垃圾桶 |
[34:48] | Exactly; a trash can instead of an oncoming car | 就是 撞的事垃圾桶而不是迎面来的车 |
[34:51] | or a pedestrian. | 或者行人 |
[34:53] | You did great, Shaun. | 你做得很好 肖恩 |
[35:01] | That soccer ball was a dropped Metzenbaum. | 那个足球就是掉落的手术剪 |
[35:07] | I know, right? | 确实如此 |
[35:15] | When I accidentally drop an instrument in the O.R., | 在手术室里 我不小心掉了手术器具时 |
[35:19] | I react quickly to minimize damage. | 我会快速反应 降低伤害 |
[35:23] | – Yes. – Yes. | -没错 -是的 |
[35:25] | I dropped a Metzenbaum. | 我掉了一把手术剪 |
[35:32] | I can drive this hooptie. | 我能开这两破车 |
[35:40] | Window’s about to close. | 下注就要结束了 |
[35:42] | $10 will get you $1,000 if you want to bet on me. | 押我的话 押十块赢一千 |
[35:48] | Hey, everybody. | 大家好 |
[35:51] | I can’t be prouder of all of you. | 我为你们所有人感到非常的骄傲 |
[35:53] | We have grown into a preeminent surgical department, | 我们终于成长为一个卓越的手术部门 |
[35:55] | which has been recognized with the official designation | 我们已得到卓越外科中心的官方认证 |
[35:58] | of Surgical Center of Excellence. | 我们已得到卓越外科中心的官方认证 |
[36:04] | It’s now more important than ever | 现在的重中之重 |
[36:06] | that we maintain our high standards. | 就是要维持我们的高标准 |
[36:08] | And so, while there are many worthy candidates, | 而这里又有如此多够格的候选人 |
[36:11] | I’ve decided… | 我已决定 |
[36:16] | to retain the title myself. | 自己保留该职位 |
[36:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[36:23] | Thank you! | 谢谢你们 |
[36:26] | Yes! | 好 |
[36:43] | Y– | 你 |
[36:45] | You… | 你 |
[36:47] | You did it. You — | 你做了 你 |
[36:49] | You really did it. | 你真的做了 |
[36:57] | It was his idea. | 是他的主意 |
[37:01] | Murph? You — | 莫菲 你 |
[37:02] | We inserted a small breast implant | 我们植入了一个小的隆胸假体 |
[37:05] | to fill in the depression | 来填补空缺 |
[37:06] | and create a more aesthetically pleasing contour. | 创造了一个更美观的外形 |
[37:09] | – Breast implant? – Yes. | -隆胸假体 -是的 |
[37:16] | You saved my life. | 你救了我的命 |
[37:23] | It was a mistake. | 这是个错误 |
[37:25] | It caused an oculocardiac reflex | 它引起了眼心反射 |
[37:27] | and you almost died. | 你差点就死了 |
[37:33] | It was a mistake. | 这是个错误 |
[37:41] | George? | 乔治 |
[37:44] | George? | 乔治 |
[37:50] | Why didn’t his monitor alarm go off? | 为什么他监视器的警报没有响 |
[37:52] | He was stable; I disconnected it so he could use the restroom. | 他很稳定 我就给断开了 好让他上厕所 |
[37:55] | – I didn’t — – Morgan! He’s gone! | -我不是… -摩根 他不见了 |
[38:08] | George! | 乔治 |
[38:46] | I was never gonna confront Andrews. | 我永远也不会找安德鲁斯对质的 |
[38:49] | I was playing you. | 我是在利用你 |
[38:52] | But damn if you didn’t actually make it work. | 但谁他妈想到你失败了 |
[38:55] | It didn’t work for anybody. | 大家都失败了 |
[38:56] | He played us both. He set us against each other. | 他耍了我们俩 他让我们彼此对立 |
[39:04] | I think you were right. | 我想你说得对 |
[39:07] | Even if you were just bluffing, | 就算你只是在虚张声势 |
[39:11] | we need to stand together. | 我们需要团结一致 |
[39:14] | Where was that wisdom two days ago? | 你两天前怎么没想明白呢 |
[39:20] | Still in the bottle. | 没跟你喝酒 |
[39:28] | How’d you come up with that idea? | 你是怎么想到那主意的 |
[39:29] | You mentioned breast implants and I thought — | 你提到了隆胸手术 我就想 |
[39:32] | That was his forehead. | 那是他的额头 |
[39:34] | We were operating on his eye, | 我们是给他眼睛做手术 |
[39:35] | his forehead was covered. | 当时他的额头被遮住了 |
[39:37] | Why were you thinking of it? | 你为什么会想到这个 |
[39:42] | You care about him; | 你很关心他 |
[39:43] | you were worried about his problem. | 你为他的问题感到担心 |
[39:45] | You empathized with him. | 你同情他 |
[39:48] | My idea almost killed him. | 我的主意差点杀了他 |
[39:51] | No it didn’t. | 没有 |
[39:55] | I found these in Billy’s drawer. | 我在比利的抽屉里找到了这个 |
[39:57] | Three days of pain meds. | 三天量的止痛片 |
[39:59] | He was cheeking them to build up a stash. | 他假装吃药 把药片偷偷藏起来 |
[40:03] | He wasn’t exaggerating. | 他没有夸大其词 |
[40:08] | You saved his life, Shaun. | 你救了他的命 肖恩 |
[40:42] | This isn’t the way this should have ended… | 事情不应该这样结束 |
[40:51] | But I’m not so sure the world is a worse place | 但我觉得这世界并没有 |
[40:53] | than it was a couple hours ago. | 比几小时前变得更糟 |
[41:06] | You almost look comfortable behind the wheel. | 你开车时越来越自在了 |
[41:07] | This seat has excellent lumbar support. | 车座对腰部的支撑很舒服 |
[41:10] | But I am still very nervous. | 但我还是非常紧张 |
[41:23] | I can drive a car. | 我能开车了 |
[41:25] | I can see that. | 我看得出来 |
[41:26] | Lea taught me using a very bad analogy. | 莉亚教会了我 用了个很糟糕的比喻 |
[41:29] | Nothing works like a bad analogy. | 管用就不能算糟糕 |
[41:31] | He’s getting pretty good; | 他开得很好了 |
[41:33] | won’t be long before he gets his operator’s. | 很快就能拿到正式驾照了 |
[41:35] | Your next radiation appointment is in 45 minutes. | 你的下一次放疗预约在45分钟后 |
[42:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |