时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Shaun, you need to make a decision. | 肖恩 你需要做个决定 |
[00:09] | Shaun, please. Your mom’s been calling. | 肖恩 你妈妈一直来电话 |
[00:11] | Your father wants to talk to you. | 你父亲想跟你聊一聊 |
[00:16] | Say something, will you? Say anything. | 说话啊 能不能说句话 |
[00:24] | I know he wasn’t a good father, | 我知道他不是一个好父亲 |
[00:27] | but he’s the only father you’ve got. | 但他是你唯一的父亲啊 |
[00:29] | If ever there was something you wanted to say to him, | 如果你还有什么话想跟他说 |
[00:32] | now’s the time. | 现在就说吧 |
[00:37] | I have nothing to say to him. | 我没话跟他说 |
[00:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:43] | But if he wants to say something to me before he dies, | 但如果他死之前有话想跟我说 |
[00:48] | I’ll listen. | 我可以听 |
[00:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[00:52] | Can you come with me? Yeah, of course. | – 你能跟我一起去吗 – 当然 |
[00:54] | Can I bring a friend? | 我能再带个朋友吗 |
[00:56] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我觉得这样不太好 |
[00:57] | I want to bring a friend. | 我想带一个朋友一起 |
[01:00] | Shaun, how… How long have you been dating Carly? | 肖恩 你跟卡莉交往才多久啊 |
[01:02] | I don’t want to bring Carly. | 我不带卡莉 |
[01:05] | I want to bring Lea. | 我想带莉亚 |
[01:19] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[01:21] | Never seen you here before. | 之前没见过你啊 |
[01:22] | Yeah, I just joined. | 对啊 我刚来 |
[01:24] | I’m not really a gym person, | 我其实不太锻炼的 |
[01:26] | but I, uh, thought I’d try something new. | 但我想尝试点新东西 |
[01:28] | It’s a great way to clear your head. | 这样可以理清思绪 |
[01:31] | Yeah. Um… | 是啊 |
[01:33] | About last night. | 昨晚的事情 |
[01:34] | In the stairwell. | 在楼梯间 |
[01:36] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[01:38] | No problem. | 客气 |
[01:41] | I know the boss isn’t always the person you want to talk to, | 我知道你可能 不愿意跟上司聊天 |
[01:43] | but if you ever do… | 不过如果你想的话 |
[01:44] | Thanks again. But I’m fine. Really. | 再次感谢 不过我真没事 |
[01:51] | Is that guy serious? | 那人认真的吗 |
[01:53] | That’s it. That’s it. | 好了好了 |
[01:55] | I’m gonna say yes, since that’s Art Kalman. | 因为那人是阿特・卡尔曼 所以是认真的 |
[01:58] | Raiders’ offensive tackle. | 突袭者队的进攻截锋啊 |
[02:02] | That’s like 800 pounds. | 那得有900来斤了吧 |
[02:04] | It’s the NFL. | 他可是打全美橄榄球联盟的 |
[02:06] | No pain, no paycheck. | 不付出就没有回报啊 |
[02:07] | Come on! Awesome, man. We got you. | 厉害了 有我们呢 |
[02:09] | One more. | 再来一下 |
[02:10] | Naw, man. Come on, you’re good. | 别了 可以了 |
[02:11] | One…more! | 再来一次 |
[02:15] | Push, push, push! | 用力用力 |
[02:16] | Push! | 用力 |
[02:24] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[02:26] | Can you hear me? Don’t move. | 能听到吗 你别动 |
[02:27] | I’m a doctor. Where’s it hurt? | 我是医生 你哪里痛 |
[02:29] | It doesn’t, but… I can’t move. | 不痛 但我动不了了 |
[02:32] | Call 911. | 叫救护车 |
[02:34] | I can’t feel my legs! | 我的腿没知觉了 |
[02:36] | Listen to me, Art. | 听我说 阿特 |
[02:37] | You need to hold still. | 你别动 |
[02:38] | I’m gonna take good care of you. I can’t feel my legs! | – 我们会好好照顾你的 – 我腿没知觉了 |
[02:47] | XGunSubTeam | |
[03:02] | You know, you don’t have to go if you don’t want to. | 如果你不想去你可以不用去的 |
[03:04] | I can handle it. | 我可以带他的 |
[03:05] | I don’t want to go. | 我不想去 |
[03:07] | I obviously have no wisdom to offer… | 我显然没什么至理名言可以安慰他 |
[03:09] | My own family’s a disaster. | 我自己家还一堆破事呢 |
[03:11] | And things are crazy-busy at work now. | 而且现在工作还忙的要死 |
[03:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:15] | But he’s my best friend, | 但他是我最好的朋友 |
[03:17] | and he seems to need my support, | 而且好像需要我的支持 |
[03:18] | so there’s no way I’m gonna say no. | 所以我没办法拒绝的 |
[03:21] | Well, don’t force yourself to go if you don’t want to. | 不想去的话不用勉强啊 |
[03:24] | Sounds like you don’t want me to go. | 感觉是你不想让我去啊 |
[03:25] | It’s just that it’s… | 只不过就是 |
[03:27] | It’s gonna be intense, it’s gonna be emotional. | 会很紧张 各种情绪什么的 |
[03:29] | Really? | 是吗 |
[03:30] | I thought going home to visit the parents | 我还以为去看一对早年间 |
[03:32] | who abused and abandoned him would be a fun family reunion. | 虐待他抛弃了他的父母会是一次愉快的团聚呢 |
[03:34] | Why are you getting defensive? | 你为啥这么大火气 |
[03:36] | Why do you have to be controlling? | 你为啥非得控制我 |
[03:37] | How am I controlling? Hmm. | 我控制你了吗 |
[03:38] | I’m just ask… I’m ready to go. | – 我就是说 – 我可以走了 |
[03:42] | We have to be at the airport 90 minutes prior to our flight. | 我们得在登机一个半小时之前到机场 |
[03:53] | Can you believe the size of this guy? | 这人这块也太大了啊 |
[03:55] | Exactly why I don’t watch football. | 所以我才不看橄榄球 |
[03:57] | Size is more important than talent or skill. | 体型比天赋和机技巧更重要的 |
[04:00] | I’m gonna guess you never played. | 那我猜你没打过橄榄球咯 |
[04:02] | Half the players are morbidly obese. | 其中一半的球员都是病态肥胖 |
[04:05] | 我很想你 等不及再见你了 | |
[04:05] | Yet they can still run 4.9 forties | 但还是可以跑过4.9个堡垒点 |
[04:07] | 阻止此来电号码 | |
[04:07] | and have 36-inch verticals. | 然后扔出10米的垂直球 |
[04:09] | It doesn’t matter what kind of body you’re born with. | 无论出生的时候你是什么体型 |
[04:11] | No one makes it to the top | 所有到达顶峰的人 |
[04:12] | unless they’re incredibly talented | 都是因为非常有天赋 |
[04:14] | and they worked their ass off. | 而且非常努力 |
[04:16] | It’s just stupid. | 太蠢了 |
[04:17] | Jocks get paid millions and get treated like royalty, | 运动员一年能收入上百万还被当成贵族对待 |
[04:20] | whereas people who do jobs that actually matter… | 而那些做着真正很重要工作的人呢 |
[04:23] | Teachers, cops, doctors… | 教师 警察 医生 |
[04:25] | We can barely pay our student loans. | 却连学生贷款都还不起了 |
[04:27] | Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. | 有人今天起床气不小哦 |
[04:29] | I’m gonna guess someone else’s. | 反正不是我啊 |
[04:32] | I’m not doing that anymore. | 我不想跟你插科打诨了 |
[04:36] | Just like that? | 就不开玩笑了吗 |
[04:37] | Just like that. | 对 不说了 |
[04:45] | This is bad. | 情况不好 |
[04:46] | Burst and facet fractures… T3 and 4. | T3和T4节有爆裂和小关节骨折 |
[04:50] | Retropulsion of bony fragments in the spinal canal. | 椎管内骨碎片反推 |
[04:53] | But look here. | 你看这里 |
[04:54] | There’s no transectional bruising in his spinal cord. | 他的脊髓没有横断挫伤 |
[04:59] | We’re in boarding group A, right? | 我们是第一组登机的是吧 |
[05:01] | Boarding group A, | 第一组登机 |
[05:02] | no emergency exit row, | 不是紧急出口那一排座位 |
[05:04] | right side of the plane. | 在飞机的右侧 |
[05:09] | Have you spoken to Carly? | 你跟卡莉说过了吗 |
[05:11] | Not since last night. | 昨晚之后就没说话了 |
[05:12] | Well, don’t you think you should call her, | 你不觉得你应该跟她说一下 |
[05:14] | let her know where you’re going and why and with whom? | 你要跟谁去哪里干什么吗 |
[05:20] | She won’t worry. | 她不会担心的 |
[05:22] | She knows I don’t like my dad, | 她知道我不喜欢我爸 |
[05:24] | so I won’t be sad when he dies. | 所以他死我也不会难过的 |
[05:25] | Shaun… | 肖恩 |
[05:27] | Call her and let her know | 给她打个电话 |
[05:29] | that you’re… You’re gonna miss her. | 说 你会想她的 |
[05:31] | She must know I’ll miss her. | 她肯定知道我会想她的 |
[05:34] | Tell her anyway. | 反正你跟她说一声啊 |
[05:35] | You know it must be good advice | 他和我都觉得应该这样的话 |
[05:37] | if he and I actually agree. | 就是个好主意 |
[05:47] | If we can stabilize the fractures | 如果骨裂可以稳定住 |
[05:48] | and decompress the cord, | 降低脊髓压力的话 |
[05:49] | we should be able to reverse the paralysis. | 瘫痪应该可以逆转 |
[05:51] | Fantastic. We should start a preoperative | 有意思 我们应该开一个术前 |
[05:52] | Riluzole regimen. | 力鲁唑使用方案 |
[05:53] | No. | 不 |
[05:56] | There’s an experimental hypothermia treatment | 有一项关于体温过低试验性的治疗方案 |
[05:58] | shown to reduce cord edema and cell death | 手术之前实施的话 |
[06:00] | when done prior to surgery. | 可以减少脊髓水肿和细胞死亡 |
[06:03] | It’s also shown a high rate of bradycardia and arrhythmias, | 同样也显示出会有心动过缓和心率不齐的高风险 |
[06:07] | which is the last thing I want to deal with during surgery. | 这是我在手术中最不想遇到的事 |
[06:09] | There’s an infusion protocol we can follow to reduce that risk. | 我们可以用输液的方案减少风险 |
[06:12] | The faster we reduce the inflammation… | 我们尽快降低炎症的 |
[06:14] | Thank you, I appreciate your input, | 谢谢 感谢你提出的建议 |
[06:15] | but as Art’s surgeon… | 但是作为他的外科医生 |
[06:16] | She’s right. | 她是对的 |
[06:18] | And what makes you think you’re doing the surgery? | 你怎么会觉得是你来手术呢 |
[06:20] | Dr. Melendez, I appreciate all you’ve done. | 梅伦德斯医生 我感谢你的付出 |
[06:23] | But now that he’s stable, my staff will take over. | 现在他稳定下来了 我的人就可以接手这项工作 |
[06:25] | Well, actually, that’s not your call. | 这并不是你能决定的 |
[06:28] | Or mine. | 也不是我可以决定的 |
[06:30] | You’re a pro athlete with a pro athlete’s body. | 你拥有专业运动员的身体素质 |
[06:35] | And you need a surgeon who understands | 你的外科医师需要明白 |
[06:37] | that this is not just about making sure you can walk again. | 他的任务并不是让你仅仅恢复走路 |
[06:41] | It’s about making sure you can run, block, | 而是确保你能跑能跳 |
[06:44] | so you can get back out on that field | 这样你才能重新回到运动场 |
[06:46] | and play at the top of your game. | 在你的领域里做到最强 |
[06:48] | This is what I do. | 这就是我要做的事 |
[06:50] | Sure, you do knees, you do shoulders. | 当然了 你做过膝盖肩膀手术 |
[06:52] | Have you ever done anything like this before? | 你之前做过这种手术吗 |
[06:54] | Robert Stokes, last year. | 去年的患者 罗伯特・斯托克斯 |
[06:56] | Donny Lund a few years before that. | 唐尼・郎德还要早几年做的 |
[06:58] | Both players had similar spinal fractures. | 这两个运动员都是相似的脊柱骨折 |
[07:01] | Actually, not that similar. | 其实并不是那么相似 |
[07:05] | This is more like what I see in high-speed motorcycle accidents. | 这和我见过的高速摩托车事故的手术更像 |
[07:07] | And unfortunately, I’ve seen a lot of those. | 不幸的事 我见过很多起这种手术 |
[07:09] | Not one or two every few years, but 20 to 30 every year. | 并不是每隔几年有一两起这种事故 而是每年都有20到30起 |
[07:14] | That’s what I do. | 我就是做这种手术的 |
[07:24] | This is gonna be awesome. | 这手术会非常棒 |
[07:36] | Have you got something to say? | 你有什么要说的吗 |
[07:38] | I get you want to deal with stuff on your own, | 我理解你想要自己来解决员工之间的问题 |
[07:40] | for people to mind their own business. | 为了让人们管理好自己的问题 |
[07:42] | But whatever pressure you’ve been feeling is still here. | 但是你的压力并没有减少 |
[07:45] | If you don’t seek help or rely on other people, | 如果你不去寻求帮助或者依靠其他人 |
[07:49] | you will fail. | 你会失败的 |
[07:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:54] | Should we get back to work now? | 我们现在可以重新工作了吗 |
[08:00] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[08:01] | welcome to Cheyenne Regional Airport. | 欢迎来到夏安地区机场 |
[08:29] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[08:31] | I don’t want to hear what he has to say. | 我不想听他的辩解 |
[08:34] | I think you do want to hear what he has to say. | 你肯定很想听他的辩解 |
[08:36] | No. No. | 不 |
[08:37] | – Okay… – I-I don’t want to be here. | – 好吧 – 我不想在这里 |
[08:40] | Shaun… Okay, why don’t we just sit in the car for a while? | 肖恩 我们就在车里歇一会 |
[08:42] | There’s no rush. | 不用着急 |
[08:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:04] | I want to go. | 我想走 |
[09:07] | Now. | 现在就走 |
[09:09] | – Shaun, take a deep breath. – No, thank you. | – 肖恩 深呼吸 – 不用了 谢谢 |
[09:11] | I don’t want to take a breath. | 我不想深呼吸 |
[09:12] | – Shaun, just… – No, I want to go! | – 肖恩 你 – 不 我想走 |
[09:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:16] | – I want to go now! – Okay. | – 我现在就想走 – 好的 |
[09:18] | – Go now! Please! – Okay, okay, okay. Okay. Okay. | – 现在就走 麻烦你 – 好的 好的 好的 |
[09:20] | – Okay. Okay. – Please. | – 好 – 拜托你们 |
[09:21] | Here we go. | 我们现在就出发了 |
[09:22] | – Please, okay, go now. – We’re going back to the hotel. | – 拜托你 现在就走 – 我们现在回酒店 |
[09:24] | – I’m sorry. – Go now! | – 抱歉 – 现在就走 |
[09:25] | – We’ll settle in at the hotel… – Go now! | – 我们回酒店平静一下 – 现在就走 |
[09:26] | – We’re going. – It’s gonna be okay. | – 我们要走了 – 没事的 |
[09:28] | – We’re going. – Go now, please! | – 我们要出发了 – 现在就走 拜托你了 |
[09:29] | We’ll settle in at the hotel, | 我们去酒店 |
[09:31] | and then we’ll see, okay? | 其他的再说 好吗 |
[09:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:50] | How you doing? | 你怎么样了 |
[09:52] | I’m ready to go home. | 我准备好回家了 |
[09:58] | We’re not gonna be able to do that until tomorrow, so… | 我们明天才能回家 |
[10:03] | Maybe we should try to make the most of our visit. | 不如让这趟拜访来的更值得一些 |
[10:16] | Shaun, it’s okay. | 肖恩 没事了 |
[10:17] | Just because your dad’s dying | 你爸爸的去世 |
[10:19] | doesn’t mean he deserves to be forgiven. | 并不意味着他要被遗忘 |
[10:23] | And if he dies before you’re ready to listen | 如果他在你准备好 |
[10:26] | to whatever he wants to say, that’s his fault. | 接受他的话之前他去世了 这是他的问题 |
[10:29] | His. | 他的 |
[10:30] | Not yours. | 不是你的事 |
[10:35] | There is someone I’d like to see. | 我想见一个人 |
[10:43] | He’s in a peaceful place. | 他在一个祥和的地方 |
[10:45] | He’s decomposed. | 他腐烂了 |
[10:47] | Except for maybe his face and hands. | 可能除了脸和手还没 |
[10:50] | That’s where they concentrate the embalming fluid | 那两个位置的防腐剂抹的最多 |
[10:53] | because that’s what people see at the funeral. | 因为人们在葬礼需要看见脸和手 |
[11:19] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[11:25] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:26] | Well, you take as much time as you need. | 没关系 你可以慢慢来 |
[11:28] | Your Mom and I are gonna wait in the car. | 我和你妈妈在车里等你 |
[11:30] | I’m not going with you. | 我不和你们一起走 |
[11:34] | Shaun… | 肖恩 |
[11:35] | I’m never going with you. | 我永远不会和你一起走 |
[11:38] | What are you gonna do? Hmm? | 你要怎么办 |
[11:41] | You gonna live in that bus? | 住在那个公交车力 |
[11:42] | You gonna eat out of the trash? | 从垃圾堆里捡吃的么 |
[11:46] | – Come on, let’s go home. – Leave me alone. | – 走吧 我们回家 – 别动我 |
[12:08] | It was an accident, Shaun. | 肖恩 那是一起意外 |
[12:10] | A horrible, tragic accident. | 恐怖悲惨的意外 |
[12:14] | And I know you’re hurting. | 我知道你很受伤 |
[12:16] | I promise you, he’s hurting, too. | 你相信我他也很受伤 |
[12:26] | You don’t get over losing a child. | 失去孩子的心是怎么都过不去的 |
[12:33] | He wants to see you. | 他想见你 |
[12:36] | What do you want to do? | 你想怎么做 |
[12:43] | But you don’t have to. | 但你不用强求 |
[12:45] | If you’re not ready yet, that’s fine. | 如果你还没准备好 没关系 |
[12:48] | Whatever feels right for you, that’s what you should do. | 你感觉怎么对就怎么做就好 |
[13:07] | Hi, Shaun. | 嗨 肖恩 |
[13:11] | Hello. | 你好 |
[13:15] | Can I hug you? | 我可以拥抱你吗 |
[13:20] | No. | 不能 |
[13:26] | Got venous blood return. I’m in the subclavian. | 静脉血回流 我到锁骨下动脉了 |
[13:28] | Next step? | 接下来呢 |
[13:29] | Large bore catheter. | 用大口径导管 |
[13:35] | FYI, he grew up poor. | 顺便说下 他出身贫寒 |
[13:38] | He bought his mom a house with his signing bonus. | 他靠签约奖金给他妈妈买了一套房子 |
[13:40] | Set up a business for his brother and cousins… | 给他哥哥和表弟办了一家企业 |
[13:43] | Focus on the procedure. | 手术专心点 |
[13:44] | You can write his biography on your own time. | 你可以利用你自己的时间给他写传记 |
[13:46] | Infusing 400 milliliters cooling saline. | 注射400毫升生理盐水降温 |
[13:56] | Core body temp down to 94.5. | 体温降到了34.7度 |
[14:01] | He’s bradycardic. | 他心动过缓 |
[14:02] | Push .5 atropine. | 注入0.5克阿托品 |
[14:03] | Let’s get a transcutaneous pacer on him. | 给他放个经皮起搏器 |
[14:07] | Low charge. | 低电荷 |
[14:09] | We can’t allow the contractions to increase the dislocation | 我们不能让缩口继续错位 |
[14:11] | and sever the cord. | 再切断了脊髓 |
[14:12] | Charge at 40. | 电荷40 |
[14:13] | 40 milliamps. | 40毫安 |
[14:15] | Clear. | 明白 |
[14:21] | Can’t feel his pulse. | 感觉不到脉搏 |
[14:22] | 10 milliliters epi on a long needle. | 准备一管10毫升肾上腺素 |
[14:24] | We should start compressions. | 我们该做胸部按压了 |
[14:25] | No, we can’t risk further dislocation. | 不行 不能再冒险了 |
[14:27] | – Should we up the… – No. Keep it at 40. | – 我们是不是该升 – 不用 40电荷就行 |
[14:28] | 40 milliamps. | 40毫升 |
[14:29] | Clear. | 好的 |
[14:34] | No response. Give him more atropine. | 没反应 再注入点阿托品 |
[14:36] | Should we push more IV epi? | 我们要不要再注入一些肾上腺素 |
[14:37] | No, that’ll take too long. | 不用 那太费时间 |
[14:38] | We should increase the charge by 100. | 我们应该把电荷调高100 |
[14:40] | No, we can’t take that risk. | 不行 不能冒那个险 |
[14:41] | Better paralyzed than dead. | 瘫了总比死了好 |
[14:56] | He’s got a pulse. | 他有脉搏了 |
[15:03] | Core temp? 93.2. | 体温呢 34度 |
[15:05] | That’s cool enough. | 体温够低了 |
[15:06] | Let’s monitor him closely overnight, | 整夜密切监测他的情况 |
[15:07] | make sure that his BP and heart rate are steady before we start surgery. | 确保在动手术前 他的血压和心率都很稳定 |
[15:34] | Shaun, I’m sorry. | 肖恩 对不起 |
[15:40] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[15:42] | I always wanted a son. | 我一直都想要个儿子 |
[15:44] | I mean, a boy that I could teach to hunt and fish. | 一个我能教他打猎钓鱼 |
[15:50] | Play catch with. | 玩捉迷藏 |
[15:52] | Have a beer with. | 一起喝酒 |
[15:56] | A little kid that I could carry around on my shoulders. | 一个我能背在肩上的小孩 |
[16:07] | And I got angry. | 我很生气 |
[16:10] | Not at you, but just me. | 不是气你 是气自己 |
[16:13] | I was pissed off at myself. | 我很生自己的气 |
[16:15] | Because I couldn’t help my son. | 因为我没能帮助到我的儿子 |
[16:25] | No matter how hard I tried, I always failed. | 无论我怎么努力 我总是失败 |
[16:36] | But you were a good kid. | 但你曾是个好孩子 |
[16:45] | And you’ve become a great man. | 而你也变成了一个不错的男人 |
[16:48] | Better than I could ever dream of. | 比我想象得还要好 |
[16:58] | I’m proud of you, Shaun. | 肖恩 我为你感到骄傲 |
[17:20] | And I love you. | 我爱你 |
[17:23] | I just wanted you to know that. | 希望你知道这点 |
[17:46] | You… | 你 |
[17:51] | …are not a good person. | 不是个好人 |
[18:01] | You always drank too much beer, | 你总是喝太多啤酒 |
[18:06] | which made you stink. | 喝得臭烘烘的 |
[18:07] | Shaun. Mm. | 肖恩 |
[18:10] | And you always blame other people. | 你还总是责怪别人 |
[18:16] | And you hit and punch other people… | 你对别人拳打脚踢 |
[18:20] | Shaun, please calm down. | 肖恩 冷静下来 |
[18:30] | You killed my rabbit. | 你杀了我的兔子 |
[18:32] | Shaun… | 肖恩 |
[18:33] | You killed my rabbit. | 你杀死了我的兔子 |
[18:35] | And you killed my brother! | 你还杀死了我的哥哥 |
[18:39] | S-So I don’t care that you’re dying! | 我才不在乎你是不是要死了 |
[18:41] | I don’t care at all! | 我根本就不在乎 |
[18:46] | Shaun. | 肖恩 |
[19:00] | 新短信 | |
[19:03] | 睡了吗 | |
[19:09] | 不感兴趣 删了我的号码 | |
[19:11] | 你上次就这么说 | |
[19:15] | 改变主意不高兴吗 | |
[19:18] | 拉入黑名单 | |
[19:20] | You done yet? We need to follow up on Art. | 你做完了吗 我们要跟进阿特的情况 |
[19:22] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上过去 |
[19:24] | You said that ten minutes ago. | 你10分钟前就这么说过 |
[19:25] | I am just finishing up some charts. | 还有几个病例就完事儿了 |
[19:27] | The charts on your phone? | 你手机上有病例吗 |
[19:31] | Satisfied? | 满意了吗 |
[19:34] | Nice. Very dramatic. And stupid. | 很好 很戏剧性 还很蠢 |
[19:37] | People need to be able to page you. | 我们还得能找到你呢 |
[19:56] | Tequila, stat. | 龙舌兰酒 马上 |
[19:58] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[20:00] | * Is a winner’s game | 是赢者游戏 |
[20:03] | * No one to thank | 无人可谢 |
[20:05] | We need to do something fun. | 我们得找点乐子 |
[20:08] | Like go for a swim. | 比如游泳 |
[20:11] | There is a gorgeous lake a few blocks away. | 几个街区外有个很漂亮的湖 |
[20:13] | I saw it when we first drove in. | 我们第一次开车来的时候我就看到了 |
[20:15] | It’s the Rocky Mountains. It’s December. | 这里是落基山脉 现在12月了 |
[20:17] | So? My family used to do | 那又如何 我们家过去常常 |
[20:19] | a New Year’s Eve “Polar Bear Plunge” at our lake house. | 在新年前夕在湖边的房子里玩“北极熊跳水” |
[20:23] | Sometimes, my dad would… | 有时候 我爸爸会 |
[20:25] | The diagnosis is correct. | 诊断无误 |
[20:26] | * …is just a cause for sinning | 只是犯罪的原因 |
[20:29] | There is no hope. He’s going to die. | 没希望了 他要死了 |
[20:31] | * Some see the beginning | 有人看到了开始 |
[20:35] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:36] | * We’d find our way through the joy and the pain of love | 我们会在爱的欢乐与痛苦中找到自己的路 |
[20:40] | Shaun, I don’t think you’re done with your dad. | 肖恩 我不相信你不管你爸爸的死活 |
[20:43] | You can’t help him medically, but you can talk to him. | 你不能给他提供医学帮助 但你可以跟他谈谈心 |
[20:47] | Yes, you have every right to be angry, | 是的 你有权愤怒 |
[20:49] | but I’m not so sure that’s all you feel. | 但我不太确定你只有愤怒 |
[20:52] | I think we should go home to the motel, | 我觉得我们应该回汽车旅馆 |
[20:54] | get some sleep, wake up in the morning, | 睡一觉 早上醒来 |
[20:56] | go to the Hilltop, get some pancakes, | 去山顶 吃些煎饼 |
[20:58] | and then see what happens. | 再看看情绪如何 |
[21:00] | * …is a poor man’s drink | 是穷人的啤酒 |
[21:02] | Sounds like a very wise plan. | 听起来是个明智的安排 |
[21:04] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:05] | On the other hand, there is that lake. | 另一方面 那个湖就在那 |
[21:08] | Oh, my God, do you ever stop? No. | 我的天 你还没说完呢 没有 |
[21:11] | I’m going with Lea. | 我要和利一起去 |
[21:13] | Yes! The lake is probably half frozen. | 好的 湖可能都冻了一半了 |
[21:15] | I’m going with Lea. | 我要和莉亚一起去 |
[21:17] | Let’s do this, Shaunie. | 肖恩 我们走吧 |
[21:20] | * Is a poor man’s drink | 是穷人的啤酒 |
[21:22] | * And some say death is just our cause for sinning | 有人说死亡是犯罪的原因 |
[21:28] | Your heart is stabilized, and surgery will likely be in a few hours. | 你的心脏情况已经稳定了 手术可能在几小时后进行 |
[21:34] | You’re gonna walk out of here and probably even play again. | 你可以出院 没准还能继续打球 |
[21:39] | You want to know why I chose you guys? | 你们想知道我为什么选了你们给我做手术吗 |
[21:44] | Because I thought you didn’t care if I played or not. | 因为我认为 你们不在乎我还能不能打球 |
[21:51] | I hate football. | 我讨厌橄榄球 |
[21:52] | I always have. | 我一直都讨厌 |
[21:57] | But you’ve dedicated your entire life to being the best at it. | 但你一辈子都在努力做到这行业的最好 |
[22:01] | I was 6’1″, 250 pounds in 8th grade. | 我上初二的时候就一米八二 280斤了 |
[22:05] | When I got to high school, the coach, | 等我上了高中 教练没有 |
[22:07] | he didn’t ask me to play… He told me. | 问我要不要打球 直接就让我上了 |
[22:10] | But from the first practice, it was… | 但第一次训练之后 |
[22:13] | It’s not who I am. | 我就不喜欢 |
[22:17] | I wanted to quit, but… | 我想退出 |
[22:22] | …college coaches started calling my mom. | 但大学教练开始联系我妈 |
[22:26] | She insisted it was God’s plan. | 我妈坚持这就是上天的安排 |
[22:29] | Why else would I be born this way? | 不然我为啥会这么大块头 |
[22:33] | But you’re not a kid anymore. | 但你不是小孩了 |
[22:35] | You must have plenty of money. | 你一定很有钱啊 |
[22:37] | Everybody depend on me… | 所有人都在依靠我 |
[22:39] | My mother, my brother, | 我妈妈我弟弟 |
[22:42] | my cousins, my friends. | 我亲戚 我朋友 |
[22:48] | They’d hate me. | 他们会恨我的 |
[22:52] | So I prayed to get hurt, | 所以我祈祷我能受伤 |
[22:54] | but no matter how out of control I played… | 但无论我如何瞎打都没用 |
[23:01] | I thought I’d go to the weight room | 然后我就寻思我去举重 |
[23:02] | and blow out a knee, and then this happens. | 然后膝盖骨折什么的 结果这样了 |
[23:17] | He wants closure. There’s no such thing. | 他想要结束 没有这种事情的 |
[23:21] | Some relationships are just not meant to be, | 有些恋情就是没结果的 |
[23:23] | which is why people should focus | 所以人们应该专注于 |
[23:26] | on nurturing the ones they have, | 现在有的感情 |
[23:27] | instead of trying to salvage the ones they’ve lost. | 而不是去弥补已经丢掉的感情 |
[23:34] | Talking’s done. | 话说的够多了 |
[23:35] | Time for action. | 该行动了 |
[23:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:46] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[23:48] | The majority of drownings are caused | 大部分的溺水原因 |
[23:50] | by swimming after drinking alcohol. | 都是因为饮酒后游泳 |
[23:52] | Not gonna be a problem, because we’re not gonna swim. | 没事的 我们不游泳 |
[23:55] | It’s way too cold for that. | 太冷了 |
[23:56] | We’re just gonna run in | 我们就跑进去 |
[23:58] | until it’s deep enough to dunk our heads | 直到水够深 淹没我们的脑袋 |
[24:00] | and then run back out. | 然后再跑出来 |
[24:01] | No. Oh, come on. | – 不要 – 来啊 |
[24:04] | It’ll feel amazing. | 会感觉很好的 |
[24:05] | Like… Like you’ve just had an awesome massage. | 就感觉做了超级舒服的按摩一样 |
[24:07] | I don’t like massages. | 我不喜欢按摩 |
[24:09] | It’s not at all like a massage. | 那就一点都不像按摩 |
[24:10] | It’s… It’s not even close to that. | 一点都不像 |
[24:12] | I don’t like the mud. | 我不喜欢泥巴 |
[24:13] | It gets between my toes. | 我脚指头中间都是泥巴 |
[24:15] | You won’t even feel it. | 你很快就没感觉了 |
[24:17] | Your toes will be numb as soon as they hit the water. | 等你进水了 脚指头就麻木了 |
[24:20] | But that feeling when you get out… | 但你出水的那种感觉 |
[24:21] | That warm, tingly sensation… | 那种温暖 刺激 |
[24:24] | It’s the best high there is. | 是最棒的嗨感了 |
[24:28] | That can’t be true. | 才不是呢 |
[24:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:32] | Guess I’ll just have to go solo, then. | 那看来只能我一个人去了 |
[24:35] | You’re not supposed to swim alone. | 你不应该一个人游泳的 |
[24:37] | I’m not alone. You’re here. | 我不是一个人啊 你在呢啊 |
[24:40] | And you’re gonna regret it if you don’t come with me. | 如果你不跟我一起下去 你会后悔的 |
[24:46] | Suit yourself. | 随你咯 |
[25:04] | Lea? | 莉亚 |
[25:08] | Lea? | 莉亚 |
[25:12] | Lea! | 莉亚 |
[25:24] | Damn it! | 我靠 |
[25:26] | If only I could hold my breath longer than 15 seconds! | 我要是能憋气超过15秒钟就好了 |
[25:32] | That is not a good joke! | 这个玩笑可不好笑 |
[25:48] | I knew you would forgive me. | 我就知道你会原谅我的 |
[25:52] | Shaun’s not an angry person. | 肖恩不是一个记仇的人 |
[25:54] | Right? | 对吧 |
[25:55] | He can be insecure, maybe. | 他可能会没有安全感 |
[25:58] | Uh, stubborn sometimes. | 有时候也很固执 |
[25:59] | But he’s not an angry person. | 但他不是一个易怒记仇的人 |
[26:01] | And if that’s the last conversation | 如果这是他跟他父亲 |
[26:03] | he has with his dad, then… | 的最后一次对话 |
[26:05] | Then all I’ve succeeded in doing | 那我所做的一切 |
[26:06] | is ripping open an old scab, | 就只是撕开他的伤口 |
[26:08] | and this whole trip was a mistake. | 这一趟回来就是一个错误 |
[26:12] | His dad was a disaster, | 他爸爸是个烂人 |
[26:14] | and his mom did nothing to protect him. | 而他妈妈没有做任何事情去保护他 |
[26:16] | So, I just don’t think you need to be so worried | 所以我觉得你不用那么担心 |
[26:20] | about getting him to forgive. | 让他去原谅 |
[26:33] | You’re gonna become a-a parent someday. | 你早晚有天也会为人父母 |
[26:37] | Maybe. Right? | 或许 是不是 |
[26:40] | Well, if you do, | 如果你成为了母亲 |
[26:42] | you’re gonna be responsible for another human being. | 你就有责任要照顾另一个人类 |
[26:48] | And your first job, number one, | 而且你的首要任务 |
[26:54] | is to keep them alive. | 就是让他能活下去 |
[27:10] | You’re gonna make mistakes, | 你也会犯错误 |
[27:12] | but you hope that one mistake doesn’t scar you for life. | 但你希望这一个错误 不会影响他的一生 |
[27:19] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:31] | Shaun’s dad needed a little bit of mercy. | 肖恩的父亲需要多一点点慈悲 |
[27:41] | We’ll leave in the morning. | 我们早上就走 |
[28:02] | I don’t like the mud. | 我不喜欢在泥巴里 |
[28:03] | It gets between my toes. | 脚趾缝中间全都是 |
[28:05] | Aw, come on, buddy. We can’t turn back now. | 好了 现在已经没办法回头了 |
[28:07] | We’re almost to the waterfall. | 我们就快到瀑布了 |
[28:09] | I can wait here. | 我可以在这里等 |
[28:11] | Um, I-I’ll meet you when you come back. | 等你回来再来找我 |
[28:13] | No, no, no, no, you’re too young to be left alone. | 不行 你还太小 不能让你一个人 |
[28:15] | I tell you what… I will help you | 这样 等我们过去之后 |
[28:17] | clean every speck of dirt off your feet as soon as we cross. | 我会帮你清理干净脚趾缝中的所有污垢 |
[28:19] | I don’t want to. | 我不想过去 |
[28:23] | Okay, well, what if I carry you? | 我抱着你呢 |
[28:24] | You won’t even touch the water. | 你都碰不到水的 |
[28:26] | No, I don’t want to be picked up. It’ll be five seconds. | – 我不想被你抱 – 也就五秒钟的事啊 |
[28:28] | For the most amazing mountaintop picnic ever! | 我们要去最好玩的山顶野餐啊 |
[28:31] | And I-I got all your favorite foods. | 我带了你所有最喜欢的食物 |
[28:32] | I got, uh, peanut butter and jelly on white bread, | 带了白面包花生酱和果酱三明治 |
[28:35] | I got apples, chocolate chip cookies. | 还有苹果 巧克力碎屑饼干 |
[28:38] | Huh? | 好不好 |
[28:44] | Aw, Shaun, come on. | 来吧 肖恩 |
[28:46] | No! No, put me down! All right, all right, all right, all right. | – 放我下来 – 好了好了 |
[28:48] | No, no, no, buddy, it’s okay, it’s okay. | 好了 过来了啊 |
[28:49] | It’s okay! Let me go! Put me down! | – 没事的 – 放我下来 |
[28:50] | Okay. Okay. Let me go! | 放我下来 |
[28:51] | All right, all right. All right. | 好了好了 |
[28:52] | You did good. | 很好 |
[28:53] | You’re okay. We’re good. It’s all good. | 没事了 好了 |
[28:56] | All right, let’s do this. | 好了 去吧 |
[28:57] | Put your shoes on, bud. | 把鞋穿上吧 |
[29:41] | These are as good as I remember. | 跟以前一样好吃 |
[29:47] | There’s a flight at 11:00, | 如果你要走 |
[29:49] | if that’s what you want. | 飞机是十一点的 |
[29:53] | Are you good with that? | 你觉得行吗 |
[29:55] | Shaun? | 肖恩 |
[29:57] | You never could get enough of Hilltop’s pancakes. | 山顶的松饼是你最喜欢吃的 |
[30:05] | Can we talk? | 能聊几句吗 |
[30:07] | It’ll just take a minute. I promise. | 就一分钟 我保证 |
[30:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:30] | Inflammation’s definitely been reduced. | 炎症确实有所好转 |
[30:32] | – Well done, Doctor. – Thanks. | – 干的不错 – 谢谢 |
[30:35] | And get the rods and place set screws… | 准备套管和钢钉 |
[30:37] | – Got it. – …while Park and I compress the spine | – 好的 – 我和朴医生挤压 |
[30:40] | above and below the fracture to improve alignment. | 脊柱骨裂的同时 把它调直 |
[30:48] | All I ever wanted was to figure out a way | 我只是想找个办法 |
[30:50] | to move past… | 从过去的事里 |
[30:53] | Everything. | 走出来 |
[30:56] | I wanted us to be a family again. | 我想咱们一家人重新在一起 |
[31:01] | Why did you stay with him? | 你为什么不离开他 |
[31:06] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[31:09] | I just… | 我只是 |
[31:15] | I love him. | 我爱他 |
[31:21] | You loved him more than me and Steve? | 比爱我和史蒂文还爱他吗 |
[31:25] | No. | 不是 |
[31:27] | No. | 不 |
[31:29] | That isn’t true. | 当然不是 |
[31:34] | I just… | 我只是 |
[31:37] | I guess I knew what I could do for him. | 跟他在一起我更自在 |
[31:41] | With you… | 可是对你 |
[31:45] | I don’t blame you for hating us. | 我不怪你会恨我们 |
[31:48] | We were young. | 我们那时候太年轻了 |
[31:50] | Stupid. | 很蠢 |
[31:52] | Not like people today. | 不像现在的人 |
[31:55] | Like Dr. Glassman. | 像格拉斯曼医生那样 |
[31:59] | There was so much we didn’t understand about… | 关于你 有太多事情我们都 |
[32:05] | You. | 不懂 |
[32:07] | And what you needed from us. | 也不知道怎么帮你 |
[32:18] | We’ve missed you. | 我们很想你 |
[32:22] | So much. | 非常想 |
[32:32] | Can I hug you? | 能抱一下你吗 |
[33:25] | * That the one who loves you is waiting | 爱你的人正在等待 |
[33:30] | * That the one who loves you is waiting | 爱你的人正在等待 |
[33:34] | * That the one who loves you is waiting here at home | 爱你的人正在家中等你回来 |
[33:42] | I need to talk to my dad. | 我要跟我爸聊聊 |
[34:02] | I thought you went home. | 我以为你走了 |
[34:12] | I couldn’t let you put me on your shoulders. | 我没法再坐在你肩膀上 |
[34:22] | Or let you hug me. | 也没法让你拥抱我 |
[34:31] | I couldn’t make you happy. | 我没法让你开心 |
[34:39] | You are my son. | 你是我儿子 |
[34:43] | You’re Shaun. | 你是肖恩 |
[34:52] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[35:01] | And… | 而且 |
[35:05] | …I don’t want to punish you anymore. | 我不想再惩罚你了 |
[35:13] | I don’t want to punish you. | 我也不想惩罚你 |
[35:17] | You’re not like other people. | 你跟别人不一样 |
[35:21] | You’re s-so smart. | 你是那么的聪明 |
[35:38] | But weak. | 可你很脆弱 |
[35:41] | You’re like a spoiled, little baby. | 你就像个被宠坏的宝宝 |
[35:46] | He’s delirious from the morphine. | 吗啡让他神志不清 |
[35:48] | You understand. He… He doesn’t know what he’s saying. | 你明白的 他都不知道自己在说什么 |
[35:50] | You’re damn right Stevie’s death wasn’t my fault. | 你他妈的说得对 史蒂文的死不是我的错 |
[35:53] | It was yours. | 是你的错 |
[35:56] | He was always trying to impress you. | 他老是想让你刮目相看 |
[35:58] | You and that damn rabbit. Ethan, shh! | – 你和你那只蠢兔子 – 伊森 嘘 |
[36:00] | Shaun, let’s go. Stop. Shh. | – 肖恩 走吧 – 别说了 嘘 |
[36:02] | Oh, yeah, go ahead. | 没错 走吧 |
[36:04] | Get out of here. | 滚出去 |
[36:06] | – Run away again! – Come on. | – 再离家出走啊 – 别说了 |
[36:08] | G-G-Go ahead! Run away again! | 走 走啊 离家出走啊 |
[36:12] | Shh, shh, shh, shh. | 嘘 |
[36:16] | Now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[36:21] | You need to tell them. | 你需要告诉他们 |
[36:23] | If they care about you, they will understand. | 如果他们关心你 会理解的 |
[36:27] | No one will blame you for retiring after breaking your back. | 没人会责怪你因为腰断了选择退休 |
[36:32] | Nearly paralyzing yourself. | 你差点瘫痪了 |
[36:37] | My mom worked minimum-wage jobs her whole life. | 我妈一辈子都在打零工 |
[36:40] | Raised an entire family on her own. | 照样独立养活了一家人 |
[36:42] | And you think I should tell her I want to quit the NFL | 你以为我会告诉她 就因为我不喜欢 |
[36:44] | because I don’t “like” it? | 就退出棒球联盟了 |
[36:46] | Because it’s not “fun” for me? | 因为我觉得不好玩了么 |
[36:54] | You think I don’t understand what it’s like | 你以为我不理解你为什么需要 |
[36:56] | to need to please your mother. | 让你妈高兴吗 |
[36:59] | No matter how hard you work, | 不管你工作的多努力 |
[37:02] | you still owe something more. | 还是觉得远远不够 |
[37:06] | And every good thing that has ever happened to you | 所有发生在你身上的好事 |
[37:10] | is pure luck. | 你都觉得是运气 |
[37:15] | But every bad decision you make, | 可是每个错误的决定 |
[37:20] | that’s the real you. | 都来自真实的你 |
[37:25] | And you deserve to suffer. | 你就得为错误付出代价 |
[37:57] | Your mom called. | 你妈打电话来了 |
[37:59] | Your dad passed 30 minutes ago. | 你爸爸三十分钟前去世 |
[38:13] | You want to stay for the funeral? | 你想留下来参加葬礼吗 |
[38:18] | No. | 不想 |
[38:22] | I want to go home. | 我要回家 |
[38:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:37] | You want me to stay for a while? | 想我留下来吗 |
[38:39] | Talk? | 聊几句 |
[38:42] | No. | 不要 |
[38:47] | Well, we don’t have to talk. We can just sit. | 也不是非要聊天 可以就坐一会儿 |
[38:51] | Or, um, go for a walk. | 或者出去走走 |
[38:59] | I’m…tired. | 我累了 |
[39:08] | I should go to sleep. | 我想去睡觉 |
[39:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:25] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[39:59] | Hey, it’s Claire. | 嘿 我是克莱尔 |
[40:02] | Yeah, I know. I, um… | 对 我知道 |
[40:04] | I got a new phone with a different number. | 这是我新手机 号码也换了 |
[40:07] | I changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[40:12] | I think we should meet up… Tonight. | 咱们今晚见个面吧 |
[40:22] | Ma? | 妈 |
[40:23] | Yes, baby. | 在呢 宝贝 |
[40:27] | I’m here. | 我在呢 |
[40:30] | There’s something I need to tell you. | 我想跟你说点事 |
[40:53] | I’m sorry for making you meet me after hours like this. | 抱歉这么晚还来打扰 |
[40:55] | I just… | 我只是 |
[40:57] | I really needed someone to talk to. | 真的很需要跟人聊聊 |
[40:59] | Of course, Claire. | 没关系 克莱尔 |
[41:00] | I’m always available for my patients. | 随时欢迎我的病人 |
[41:02] | – Come on in. – Thanks. | – 进来吧 – 谢谢 |
[41:32] | Shaun? | 肖恩 |