时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hello. I’m Freddie Highmore. | 大家好 我是弗莱迪·海默 |
[00:03] | The following episode portrays our hope for the future, | 本集讲述了我们对未来的期望 |
[00:06] | a future where no one will have to wear masks | 期望未来大家不用戴口罩 |
[00:08] | or take other steps to stay safe from COVID. | 不用做其他新冠预防措施 |
[00:11] | Until then, please protect yourself and others. | 请保护好自己和他人 直到那天真正来临 |
[00:18] | I’m Jordan Allen. | 我是乔丹·艾伦 |
[00:19] | My first year in med school, I designed an ankle brace | 在读医学院的第一年 我就设计了脚踝固定器 |
[00:21] | that monitors extent of immobilization via a phone app. | 能够通过手机应用程序来监控其固定范围 |
[00:25] | When I licensed it to Bioventus, | 把这个发明授权给拜文特斯公司后 |
[00:26] | I was able to pay off over half my student loans. | 我就还清了一半以上的学生贷款 |
[00:30] | John Lundberg. | 我叫约翰·伦德伯格 |
[00:31] | I’ve worked every summer since I was 16 at Camp Hope Heartland, | 我从16岁起每年暑假都去心系希望夏令营工作 |
[00:34] | a summer program for kids with cancer in Des Moines, | 那是得梅因的儿童癌症病患暑期项目 |
[00:37] | where I grew up. | 而我在得梅因长大 |
[00:38] | Asher Wolke. | 我叫亚舍·沃尔克 |
[00:40] | Uh, when I was 18, | 在我18岁那年 |
[00:41] | I left the Hasidic community that I was raised in. | 我离开了从小长大的哈西德社区 |
[00:45] | I realized if there really was a God, | 我意识到 如果上帝真正存在 |
[00:47] | it had to be a cruel being that I felt nothing but contempt for. | 那肯定是让我鄙夷的残忍存在 |
[00:52] | That’s also when I decided to go to med school, | 我在那时便决定了要念医学院 |
[00:54] | and start dating men. | 也开始了和男人约会 |
[01:00] | I’m Olivia Jackson. I’m 25. From Chicago. | 我叫奥利维亚·杰克逊 25岁 来自芝加哥 |
[01:06] | I play Ragtime piano alone in my apartment. | 我会一个人在公寓弹奏拉格·泰姆的钢琴音乐 |
[01:12] | Is that interesting? | 是不是很有趣 |
[01:13] | Will Hooper. | 我叫威尔·奥佩尔 |
[01:15] | Technically, I’m a professional athlete. | 准确来说 我是名职业运动员 |
[01:17] | Although in a sport nobody pays attention to, | 虽然我从事的运动鲜有人关注 |
[01:19] | and the stipend barely covers our training expenses, | 而且拿的薪水也只够我们的培训花销 |
[01:22] | but I’m on the US National Rowing team. | 但我是美国国家赛艇队队员 |
[01:25] | Men’s Eight. | 男子八人赛艇 |
[01:28] | Hey, I’m Enrique. | 你们好 我叫恩里克 |
[01:31] | I spent last summer in Costa Rica, | 我去年暑假在哥斯达黎加 |
[01:33] | where I learned to surf, which I’m totally obsessed with now. | 在那学会了冲浪 现在已十分痴迷 |
[01:37] | Uh, I had a pretty interesting encounter | 我偶遇过一只咸水鳄 |
[01:40] | with a saltwater crocodile. | 那段经历真是太有趣了 |
[01:42] | I just thought it was a big… | 我当时以为是个大 |
[01:43] | Why are you wearing a swimsuit? | 你为什么会穿着泳衣 |
[01:48] | Oh, they’re actually hybrid boardshorts. | 这个其实是混合型冲浪短裤 |
[01:51] | I like to work hard, | 我工作很勤奋 |
[01:53] | and it’s easier to do when you’re comfortable. | 而且当你感到舒适时工作才更轻松 |
[01:56] | Plus, I think the casual dress puts patients at ease. | 另外 我认为穿得休闲些能让病人更放松 |
[02:06] | And Dr. Lim said that the shorts were fine. | 而且利姆医生也说过穿短裤没问题 |
[02:10] | Hospital policy requires all residents to… | 医院政策是要求所有的住院医师都要 |
[02:13] | He’s not a resident. He’s a resident applicant. | 他还不是住院医师 只是在申请 |
[02:16] | One of six finalists for four openings. | 是四个空缺职位的六位候选人之一 |
[02:18] | Now, they’ll be shadowing for two days. | 他们要接受两天的跟随考察 |
[02:20] | Give them the grand tour, show them the ropes, | 带他们好好参观一下 熟悉一下环境 |
[02:21] | feel free to turn up the heat a bit. | 可以随意给他们施加些压力 |
[02:23] | See how they react under pressure. | 看看他们在重压下的表现如何 |
[02:24] | You will be responsible for supervising them, | 你们将负责指导他们 |
[02:27] | so I want your totally honest input | 所以我希望在我做出最终决定前 |
[02:29] | before I make any final decisions. | 听听你们真实公正的意见 |
[02:30] | Those shorts… | 那个短裤 |
[02:31] | Let’s call them strike one. | 就把那个当做第一击吧 |
[02:33] | Oh, and in addition to being an Olympian, | 威尔·奥佩尔除了是名奥运选手之外 |
[02:36] | Will Hooper is a Rhodes | 还是罗德奖学金获得者 |
[02:37] | and graduated top of his class at Stanford. | 还以全班第一的成绩从斯坦福大学毕业 |
[02:40] | He is very handsome. | 他长得很帅 |
[02:42] | He’s very full of himself. | 他很自以为是 |
[02:43] | He’s ranked first by every top program, | 他在每个顶级项目中都名列第一 |
[02:45] | so whatever you can do to recruit him to ours, do it. | 所以只要能把他聘来 尽你所能做吧 |
[02:47] | I can already give you my input on the sh… | 关于短裤仔我现在就能给意… |
[02:50] | Don’t judge a book by its boardshorts. | 不要以「裤」取人啊 |
[03:02] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我吗 |
[03:04] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:05] | Sorry. Good morning. | 不好意思 早上好 |
[03:08] | What’d I do wrong? | 我做错什么了吗 |
[03:09] | Just wanted to check in. | 只是想问问你 |
[03:10] | See how the new role was coming along. | 看看有没有适应你的新角色 |
[03:12] | Honestly? | 说实话吗 |
[03:15] | You could start our new supervisor-resident | 你也可以用谎言来开启我们这上司与 |
[03:18] | relationship with a lie. | 住院医师的新关系 |
[03:19] | That’s always fun. | 也是挺有趣的 |
[03:22] | Internal medicine is | 内科医学真的是 |
[03:25] | boring. | 十分无聊 |
[03:27] | Between smokers and obese diabetics, | 周旋于吸烟者和肥胖糖尿病患者之间 |
[03:29] | seems like all I’m doing is protecting people from themselves. | 好像我全部工作就是保护人们不被自己伤害 |
[03:35] | As a surgical resident, | 你当外科住院医师时 |
[03:36] | you never treated drunk drivers? | 难道从没治疗过醉酒司机吗 |
[03:37] | Or extracted random objects from guys’… | 或者没从他人身上随即采样 |
[03:40] | I get it. People are stupid. | 我懂的 人们都很愚蠢 |
[03:42] | Not my point, but true. | 我不是这意思 但没错 |
[03:46] | Not the same adrenaline rush, | 内科虽然没有那么让人兴奋 |
[03:47] | but internal medicine can be rewarding. | 但也是很有收获的 |
[03:51] | Given time, if you’re patient. | 只要有耐心 收获终会来 |
[03:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[03:58] | That is not how I thought this meeting was gonna go. | 我本来觉得这次面谈不是要说这个的 |
[04:02] | I thought one of the nurses complained about me. | 还以为是哪个护士又投诉我了 |
[04:04] | Wasn’t just one. | 可不止一个护士 |
[04:07] | And if it happens again, | 如果再有人投诉你 |
[04:07] | this meeting will go exactly | 你就要面临你刚才以为 |
[04:09] | how you thought it would. | 会发生的那种面谈了 |
[04:23] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[04:24] | I should’ve just canceled the appointment. | 我本应该取消预约的 |
[04:27] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[04:28] | Dizziness went away as soon as I stopped | 我一停止全天都喝咖啡或者红牛 |
[04:29] | drinking coffee and Red Bull all day. | 立马就不会眩晕了 |
[04:31] | No worries. | 别担心 |
[04:33] | Can you lie flat on your back, please? | 麻烦你能平躺下来吗 |
[04:34] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[04:37] | You get that scar in a fire? | 那是烧伤留下的疤吗 |
[04:38] | Sort of. | 差不多吧 |
[04:39] | A homemade Roman candle when I was 12. | 是我12岁时自制的罗马蜡烛弄的 |
[04:42] | You’d be surprised | 你一定想不到 |
[04:43] | how many of us at the firehouse were pyros as kids. | 消防队里很多人小时候都爱玩火 |
[04:46] | I made a potato gun for my sixth-grade science fair. | 我曾为六年级的科学展览做过一把土豆枪 |
[04:49] | Almost got me kicked out of school. | 差点害得我被学校开除了 |
[04:50] | You’ll have to come visit us sometime. | 你有时间了一定要来参观一下 |
[04:53] | You’d fit right in. | 绝对很适合你 |
[04:56] | You see something? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[04:57] | Don’t talk. Just breathe normally. | 别说话 正常呼吸就行 |
[05:07] | You have a large tumor on the wall of your heart. | 你的心脏壁上有个很大的肿瘤 |
[05:11] | Cancer? | 是癌症吗 |
[05:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:13] | But you’re definitely gonna need surgery. | 但是你绝对需要接受手术 |
[05:15] | As soon as possible. | 越快越好 |
[05:29] | I appreciate you letting me share your case with the whole class. | 我很感激你能让我和全班分享你的病例 |
[05:32] | No problem. | 不客气 |
[05:33] | I stopped being shy after the 100th time I had to do this. | 经历了一百次后 我也就不害羞了 |
[05:35] | I’ll be using a version of Lejour’s technique I’ve adapted. | 我会用我改良后的莱朱尔垂直切口法 |
[05:38] | We’ll divide the breast into three pedicles, | 我们会把乳房分成三蒂 |
[05:41] | and then redistribute the tissue | 然后重新分配其组织 |
[05:42] | and insert saline implants to correct the tuberous breast deformity. | 注入生理盐水 从而纠正结节性乳房畸形 |
[05:45] | Why would you want breast implants? | 你为什么要做乳房植入 |
[05:48] | You’re beautiful. | 你本身就很美 |
[05:49] | And your breasts look fine | 而且你的胸部本身看起来 |
[05:50] | just the way they are. | 也挺不错的 |
[05:51] | No. No, they don’t. | 不 并不好 |
[05:53] | The base is constricted, | 底部很狭窄 |
[05:55] | horizontal development is deficient, | 横向发展也不足 |
[05:57] | and the nipple-areola complex… | 而且乳房晕也是复合的 |
[05:59] | – Murphy. – It’s okay. He’s right. | -莫菲 -没关系 他是对的 |
[06:01] | That’s why I’m here. | 所以我才来这里 |
[06:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:05] | I know that you’re trying to be nice. | 我知道你是为我好 |
[06:07] | My friends and family have been telling me for years, | 我的朋友和家人跟我说了很多年了 |
[06:10] | “You’re beautiful just the way you are.” | 「你本来就很美」 |
[06:12] | But I don’t feel beautiful. | 但我并不觉得自己美 |
[06:14] | You’re 17. | 你17岁 |
[06:16] | Every girl your age feels like that. | 你这个年纪的女生都那样觉得的 |
[06:18] | That can’t be true. | 不是的 |
[06:20] | Tuberous breast deformity is a rare condition. | 结节性乳房畸形是一种罕见的疾病 |
[06:23] | We’re not going to debate | 不要争论 |
[06:24] | a personal decision the patient’s already made. | 病患已做好的个人决定 |
[06:28] | I’ve been thinking about this since I was 13. | 我从13岁起就已经想这样做了 |
[06:31] | Every time I look in the mirror. | 每次我照镜子 |
[06:33] | I’m about to start college, | 我就要上大学了 |
[06:34] | and there is no way that I’m gonna begin this new chapter | 如果治不好就无法开启 |
[06:37] | until I’m fixed. | 人生新篇章 |
[06:40] | Great. | 很好 |
[06:44] | You thinking median sternotomy or right thoracotomy? | 你在想用正中胸骨切开术还是右胸切开术吗 |
[06:47] | I’m thinking I should finish my review of the imaging. | 我在想我应该先看完片子 |
[06:50] | Sure. No rush. | 当然 不着急 |
[06:52] | Actually, there is a bit of a rush. | 其实有点着急 |
[06:54] | But you know what I mean. | 但你知道我的意思 |
[06:56] | So, newbies. What up? Where y’all from? | 那菜鸟们 怎么样 你们都从哪里来 |
[06:59] | Like hometowns, or… | 是问家乡还是… |
[07:00] | Med schools. | 医学院 |
[07:00] | Why would I care where you grew up? | 我为什么要在乎你们在哪里长大 |
[07:02] | Stanford. | 斯坦福 |
[07:03] | – Uh, NYU. – Harvard. | -纽约大学 -哈佛 |
[07:05] | Preferred specialties? | 首选专业是什么 |
[07:06] | Ortho. All the way. | 骨科 一直都是 |
[07:08] | Neuro. | 神经学 |
[07:09] | I’m planning a dual specialty | 我计划攻读新生儿肿瘤学和 |
[07:10] | in neonatal and pediatric oncology. | 儿科肿瘤学双学位 |
[07:12] | Impressive. Also unlikely. | 厉害 但不可能 |
[07:14] | I know, it’s a ton of work, | 我知道 工作量太大 |
[07:15] | but I’m pretty good at multi-tasking. | 但我很擅长同时处理多项任务 |
[07:17] | In med school, I did a combined MD/PhD… | 在医学院 我读了医学和哲学博士… |
[07:19] | – What’s your mom do? – My mom? | -你妈妈是干什么的 -我妈妈 |
[07:21] | Don’t stall. Just answer. | 别犹豫 直接回答 |
[07:22] | She teaches high-school French. | 她在高中教法语 |
[07:24] | Homemaker. | 家庭主妇 |
[07:26] | Surgeon. | 外科医生 |
[07:27] | Ouch. Dad? | 厉害 爸爸呢 |
[07:28] | Also a surgeon. | 也是外科医生 |
[07:29] | Double ouch. And yours? | 都很厉害 你父母呢 |
[07:31] | Hasidic rabbi. | 哈西德派拉比 |
[07:32] | You’ve left the nest. | 你已经离巢了 |
[07:33] | Actually, the… the whole forest. | 其实是离开了整片森林 |
[07:35] | And yours obviously works on Wall Street. | 你父母显然在华尔街工作 |
[07:37] | But not a trader. | 但不是证券交易员 |
[07:39] | I’m guessing… an M&A lawyer? | 我猜是并购律师 |
[07:41] | How’d you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[07:42] | She’s read your resume, | 她看过你的简历 |
[07:44] | researched your social media. | 研究过你的社交媒体 |
[07:45] | She’s probably run a credit check, too. | 可能还做了信用调查 |
[07:47] | And you’re under 50, but wear Brooks Brothers button-downs. | 你没到50岁 却穿着「布克兄弟」牌衬衫 |
[07:50] | Are you done yet? | 你看完了吗 |
[07:52] | Left thoracotomy | 左胸切开术 |
[07:53] | with a possible incision into the right atrium | 可能还要做个切口进入右心房 |
[07:56] | and inter-atrial septum as needed. | 需要的话还要进入心房间隔膜 |
[07:58] | Left atrial approach through Sondergaard’s groove | 通过桑德加德沟进入左心房 |
[08:00] | makes more sense. | 更合理 |
[08:01] | Not to me. | 我觉得不是 |
[08:04] | He’s my patient. | 他是我的病人 |
[08:05] | But you’re not a surgeon. | 但你不是外科医生 |
[08:07] | Which is why there is no reason for you to be grilling them, | 所以你没理由盘问他们或 |
[08:09] | or picking the approach. | 挑选手术方法 |
[08:11] | Stop worrying about protecting your turf. | 别为保护你的地盘而担心 |
[08:12] | Stop stepping all over it. | 别在我的地盘里乱踩 |
[08:13] | You’re looking at tests I did for my patient. | 你在看我为我的病人所做的检查 |
[08:16] | How am I stepping all over your turf? | 怎么会是我在你的地盘里乱踩 |
[08:17] | I think what Dr. Browne is trying to say is, | 我觉得布朗医生的意思是 |
[08:20] | given there’s no perfect approach, | 既然没有完美的方法 |
[08:21] | maybe it’s best to defer to | 也许最好 |
[08:23] | the surgical department’s recommendation. | 听从外科的建议 |
[08:26] | Did he just mansplain? | 他刚才是在大男子主义地说教吗 |
[08:28] | Not at all. I… I was just trying… | 不是 我只想… |
[08:29] | So you’re just gonna do it again? | 所以你要再来一次吗 |
[08:31] | No, I’m just trying… | 不 我只是想… |
[08:32] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[08:34] | We’re gonna go in through a left thoracotomy. | 我们会用左胸切开术 |
[08:37] | Not my preference, | 不是我的首选 |
[08:38] | but it’ll work. | 但会有用 |
[08:42] | What were you thinking? | 你当时在想什么 |
[08:43] | You thought you’d impress me | 你想通过让病人对我的判断 |
[08:44] | by undermining the patient’s confidence in my judgment? | 失去信心来给我留下深刻印象吗 |
[08:48] | I’m sorry. That wasn’t my intent. | 对不起 这不是我的本意 |
[08:50] | And you’re supposed to be a mentor now, | 你现在应该是个导师 |
[08:51] | modeling professional behavior, | 职业行为的楷模 |
[08:53] | not making it worse, Murphy. | 而不是让事情更糟 莫菲 |
[08:55] | She questioned your surgical plan. | 她质疑你的手术方案 |
[08:58] | I defended it. | 我为它辩护 |
[08:59] | How can we both be wrong? | 我们俩怎么可能都错了呢 |
[09:00] | I don’t need you to defend me. | 我不需要你为我辩护 |
[09:03] | And I never wanna have a surgical debate in front of a patient. | 而且我从不想在病人面前进行手术辩论 |
[09:06] | We’re not in front of the patient now. | 我们现在不在病人面前了 |
[09:10] | The patient’s breasts are small and a bit asymmetrical, | 病人的胸部很小 而且有点不对称 |
[09:13] | but no woman’s breasts are perfectly shaped. | 但女性的胸部形状都不完美 |
[09:16] | You’re wearing Prada shoes and a Dolce & Gabbana blouse, | 你穿着普拉达的鞋和杜嘉班纳的上衣 |
[09:20] | which cost more than most med students’ rent, | 它们比大多数医学生的房租还贵 |
[09:22] | so, clearly, you understand | 所以很明显 你明白 |
[09:24] | your appearance has a tremendous impact on how people treat you. | 你的外表对于人们如何对待你有很大的影响 |
[09:27] | There’s a difference between nice clothes and a major surgery. | 高级成衣和大手术是有区别的 |
[09:31] | And I also understand the cosmetic surgery industry | 而且我也明白整容外科行业 |
[09:33] | is dominated by male physicians with a sexist bias. | 由性别歧视的男性医生主导 |
[09:44] | I’ve invited you to observe as a learning opportunity. | 我邀请你旁观是给你学习机会 |
[09:48] | So I’d suggest | 所以我建议你 |
[09:49] | less lecturing | 少说教 |
[09:50] | and more listening. | 多听讲 |
[09:54] | We’ll access the tumor via an incision | 我们会在肋骨之间的胸壁上 |
[09:56] | in the chest wall between your ribs. | 做个切口来找到肿瘤 |
[09:58] | It’ll be an easier recovery | 这会比切开胸骨 |
[09:59] | than if we opened your sternum. | 更容易恢复 |
[10:01] | Are you sure you don’t want us to call your family | 你确定在给你做麻醉前 |
[10:04] | before we put you under? | 不联系你的家人吗 |
[10:05] | Why? So they can freak out and worry? | 为什么要联系 让他们害怕担心吗 |
[10:07] | I’d rather just give them the good news when it’s over. | 我宁愿在手术结束后告诉他们好消息 |
[10:10] | It is going to be good news, right? | 会是好消息 对吗 |
[10:13] | With a bit of cardiac rehab and a positive attitude, | 只要加上心脏康复治疗和积极的态度 |
[10:15] | which I know you have, | 这些我知道你都有 |
[10:16] | you’ll be back sliding down the fire pole in no time. | 很快你就能从消防滑杆上往下滑了 |
[10:19] | Our firehouse has stairs. | 我们的消防站有楼梯 |
[10:21] | Bummer. | 失望 |
[10:23] | It’s a social media group | 这是个社交媒体群 |
[10:25] | where we all pretend to be ants. | 我们都在里面装成蚂蚁 |
[10:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:29] | Because ants don’t care about politics, sports teams, | 因为蚂蚁不关心政治 球队 |
[10:32] | or anything else people get so savage about. | 或其他任何人们为之疯狂的东西 |
[10:35] | Male ants develop from unfertilized eggs, | 雄性蚂蚁是从未受精的卵发育而成的 |
[10:37] | which means they don’t have a father and can’t have sons. | 这意味着它们没有父亲也不能有儿子 |
[10:41] | But they do have grandfathers and can have grandsons. | 但它们有外祖父和外孙 |
[10:44] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[10:45] | And confusing. | 而且令人费解 |
[10:46] | Is it just me, or are those doctors watching us? | 是我的心理作用还是那些医生在看着我们 |
[10:50] | They’re the new resident applicants. | 他们是申请住院医师的新人 |
[10:52] | They’re here so Park, Claire, and I | 他们来了 所以朴 克莱尔和我 |
[10:53] | can evaluate them for Dr. Lim. | 可以帮利姆医生评估他们 |
[10:56] | So, why are they standing over there? | 那他们为什么都站在那里 |
[10:58] | Park had a video chat with Kellan, | 朴在跟凯兰视频聊天 |
[11:01] | and I had a real lunch with you. | 而我在跟你吃真正的午餐 |
[11:03] | Shaun, you can’t just have them stand there while you eat. | 肖恩 你不能在吃饭时让他们就站在那里 |
[11:07] | Part of being a good boss is being a good host. | 做个好老板的一部分就是要做个好主人 |
[11:10] | You need to introduce them to people. | 你得把他们介绍给别人 |
[11:14] | Like me. Right now. | 比如我 快 |
[11:18] | Come here, please. | 请过来吧 |
[11:22] | Dr. Allen, Dr. Lundberg, Dr. Guerin, | 艾伦医生 伦德伯格医生 盖林医生 |
[11:24] | this is my girlfriend, Lea. | 这是我女朋友 莉亚 |
[11:25] | She runs the IT department now. | 她现在负责信息技术部门 |
[11:27] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:28] | Nice to meet you all. Please join us. | 很高兴见到大家 请跟我们一起吃吧 |
[11:31] | Shaun’s been telling me all about you. | 肖恩一直跟我说起你们 |
[11:33] | N… no. I haven’t. | 我没有 |
[11:36] | So, I hope Shaun’s not being too hard on you. | 我希望肖恩没有对你们太苛刻 |
[11:39] | No, he’s been great. | 没有 他很好 |
[11:41] | And the case we’re observing is really interesting. | 而且我们旁观的病例真的很有趣 |
[11:44] | We’re correcting a 17-year-old girl’s tuberous breasts | 我们要用盐水填充的假体矫正一位 |
[11:47] | with saline implants. | 17岁女孩的结节性乳房 |
[11:49] | Dr. Allen told Dr. Andrews it was unethical. | 艾伦医生跟安德鲁斯医生说这不道德 |
[11:51] | He got mad. | 他很生气 |
[11:52] | I didn’t say it was unethical. I just… | 我没说这不道德 我只是… |
[11:57] | I suppose I shouldn’t have interfered. | 我觉得我不该干涉 |
[12:00] | Well, I don’t know what a tuberous breast is, | 好吧 我不知道什么是结节性乳房 |
[12:02] | but I think implants are way overrated. | 但我觉得假体没有人们想的那么好 |
[12:06] | That’s because your breasts are excellent. | 那是因为你的胸部很美 |
[12:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:11] | That’s exactly my point. | 正如我所想的 |
[12:13] | Mine aren’t huge, | 我没有那么大 |
[12:14] | but every guy who’s ever seen them up close and personal | 但每一个近距离接触过它们的人 |
[12:17] | has been thrilled. | 都异常兴奋 |
[12:19] | I definitely was. | 我就是这样 |
[12:21] | I am thrilled by every part of your body. | 你身体的每个部位都让我异常兴奋 |
[12:26] | Sorry. My bad. Total TMI. | 抱歉 怪我 信息量太大 |
[12:29] | I’m not even bothered by your adenoidal voice. | 我甚至不介意你的喉音 |
[12:32] | Except when you talk to your mom on the phone. | 除了在电话里和妈妈说话的时候 |
[12:35] | But I just put on headphones. | 但是我戴上了耳机 |
[12:41] | At least you’ll know he’ll be a totally honest boss. | 至少你们知道他会是一个很诚实的老大 |
[12:51] | The incision’s extended superiorly | 切口向上延伸 |
[12:53] | to meet the atriotomy, | 以方便做心房切开术 |
[12:54] | – and then the inter-atrial septum is opened up. – Retractor. | -然后心房间隔膜被打开 -牵开器 |
[12:57] | A Carpentier retractor is used to visualize the mitral valve. | 使用卡彭蒂尔牵开器便于看到二尖瓣 |
[13:01] | That will allow a clear view of the tumor. | 这样就可以清楚的看到肿瘤 |
[13:03] | Can we turn the channel? | 麻烦关掉对话频道 |
[13:04] | Color commentary’s getting a bit annoying. | 解说有点烦人了 |
[13:06] | With the right atrium opened obliq… | 随着右心房打开 |
[13:10] | How’s Team Browne? Any early standouts? | 布朗那组怎样 有哪些杰出人才吗 |
[13:13] | Jackson’s a bit timid, but smart. | 杰克逊有点胆小但却很聪明 |
[13:15] | Wolke is definitely enthusiastic. | 沃克挺热情 |
[13:18] | And your star recruit is… | 而你的首要候选人 |
[13:22] | pretty full of himself. | 很自以为是 |
[13:24] | I’m looking for surgeons, and according to his recs, | 我找外科医生 是根据他的经验来看 |
[13:26] | he can dissect and suture like a pro. | 他得能像专家一样解剖和缝合 |
[13:29] | I thought you were also looking for our input. | 我以为你也在寻求我们的意见 |
[13:31] | He’s ranked first by every top program. | 他在每个顶尖科目中都排名第一 |
[13:34] | You really think they’re all wrong and you’re right? | 你真的觉得他们都错了你是对的 |
[13:38] | So, what brings you all to the biz? | 那么 你为什么干这行 |
[13:41] | Had my ACL reconstructed in high school, | 我在高中时做过重建高级心脏生命支持手术 |
[13:43] | both my rotators in college. | 在大学时做过回旋肌手术 |
[13:46] | I love the idea of fixing people, | 我喜欢救死扶伤 |
[13:48] | helping them be the best they can be. | 帮助人们做到最好 |
[13:51] | Surgeons are the ones with the God complex, right? | 外科医生是有上帝情节的人 对吧 |
[13:56] | I have that. | 我有上帝情节 |
[13:59] | I spent my life speaking Yiddish and studying the Talmud, | 我一生都在讲依地语 研究犹太法典 |
[14:01] | and not shaving the sides of my hair, | 不刮我两侧的头发 |
[14:03] | because someone up there supposedly cares. | 因为天上会有人在意 |
[14:06] | Uh, but then I realized | 但是我意识到 |
[14:09] | no one’s up there. | 天上没有人 |
[14:12] | No one cares. | 没人在意 |
[14:14] | No benevolent higher power is going to save us, so… | 没有更高等的仁慈之力会拯救我们 所以 |
[14:19] | we have to save each other. | 我们需要互相拯救 |
[14:24] | Can you top that? | 你有什么高见吗 |
[14:25] | – Definitely not. – Try anyway. | -没有 -努力想想 |
[14:28] | You’re obviously smart. You’ve got two degrees from Harvard. | 你的聪明毋庸置疑 还从哈佛拿到了双学位 |
[14:31] | My parents are Harvard alums, so… | 我父母都是哈佛校友 所以 |
[14:33] | I’m sure that helped me get in. | 我相信这在我入校时帮了忙 |
[14:34] | You’re not gonna get hired by undermining your own… | 贬低自己不会帮助你被录用 |
[14:37] | Something went wrong. | 出问题了 |
[14:39] | Looks like they nicked a pulmonary artery. | 好像是他们割破了肺动脉 |
[14:41] | No. If they had, Browne would be suctioning | 不 如果是的话 布朗会抽吸 |
[14:43] | instead of Lim reaching in with her hands. | 而不是利姆把她的手伸进去 |
[14:49] | What are they doing now? | 他们现在在做什么 |
[14:51] | Nothing. | 什么也没做 |
[14:53] | We can’t access the tumor | 我们要接触到肿瘤 |
[14:54] | without compromising his entire cardiac outflow tract. | 就不得不破坏整个心脏流出道 |
[14:56] | What about going in the way I suggested? The median sternotomy. | 按照我的建议怎么样 从正中进胸 |
[14:59] | The tumor’s too far back. We need to close him up. | 肿瘤太靠后了 我们得给他缝合 |
[15:08] | Proton beam radiation would be too toxic to the heart. | 质子束辐射对心脏危害太大 |
[15:11] | So is immunotherapy. | 免疫疗法也是 |
[15:13] | We can’t access the entire tumor surgically, | 我们不能通过手术接触到整个肿瘤 |
[15:15] | and we can’t kill it without killing his heart along with it. | 我们无法杀死肿瘤而让他的心脏安然无恙 |
[15:18] | What if we cut out the parts we can access | 如果我们切掉我们能接触到的部分 |
[15:20] | and try our luck with chemo on what’s left? | 然后剩下的部分化疗试试呢 |
[15:23] | IV doxorubicin and ifosfamide might slow the growth, | 静脉注射阿霉素和异环磷酰胺可能减缓肿瘤生长 |
[15:27] | give him a few more months. | 这能再给他几个月的时间 |
[15:28] | No, I’m not sending my patient home with just a few extra months. | 我不会让我的病人带着几个月的寿命回家 |
[15:30] | It’s better than nothing. | 聊胜于无 |
[15:32] | What about a transplant? | 进行心脏移植呢 |
[15:33] | Not an option. | 不行 |
[15:34] | Heart tumors are a contraindication. | 心脏肿瘤这病没法获批 |
[15:37] | What if we transplant his own heart? | 如果我们移植他自己的心脏呢 |
[15:39] | If we take it totally out of his chest, | 如果我们把它从胸膛整个取出来 |
[15:41] | we’d have access to the posterior heart. | 我们就可以接触到心脏后部 |
[15:43] | We could excise the tumor, | 就可以切除肿瘤 |
[15:44] | fix the defect it left behind, | 修复它留下的缺口 |
[15:45] | – and then put it back in. – Cool. | -然后把它放回去 -太酷了 |
[15:47] | Not cool. | 一点也不酷 |
[15:48] | At least with a normal heart transplant, | 至少一个正常的心脏移植 |
[15:50] | you’d be getting a healthy heart. | 你会得到一个健康的心脏 |
[15:51] | Her idea keeps the risk of removing the heart, | 她的想法保留了摘除心脏的风险 |
[15:54] | and adds the risk that the heart we’d be putting back in | 但增加了植入一个 |
[15:56] | has just been severely compromised | 已经严重受损心脏的风险 |
[15:58] | having had a tumor cut out of it. | 因为肿瘤被切除了 |
[15:59] | He’s young, and the part of his heart not infiltrated | 他还年轻 心脏没被肿瘤入侵的部分 |
[16:02] | with tumor is strong. | 仍旧健壮 |
[16:06] | Do a cardiac MRA and see | 做下心脏核磁共振看看 |
[16:08] | if the tumor’s infiltrated the coronary arteries. | 肿瘤是否入侵了冠状动脉 |
[16:10] | If it hasn’t, Morgan’s idea could work. | 如果没有的话 摩根的想法是可行的 |
[16:12] | I’ll schedule it. | 我来安排 |
[16:16] | Dr. Murphy is dividing the breast parenchyma | 莫菲医生在把开乳房实质 |
[16:19] | into three pedicles. | 分成三蒂单瓣 |
[16:20] | Anyone know where this technique is derived from? | 有人知道这个技术是从哪里来的吗 |
[16:23] | Breast reduction surgery. | 缩胸手术 |
[16:25] | That’s right. | 正确 |
[16:26] | And why would I use a breast reduction technique | 那我为什么要用缩胸术 |
[16:29] | to make the patient’s breasts larger? | 来让病人的乳房变大 |
[16:32] | The technique frees up the tissue. | 这项技术释放了组织 |
[16:34] | You can bring the pedicles together | 你可以把单瓣聚合在一起 |
[16:36] | to make the breasts smaller | 让乳房变小 |
[16:37] | or spread them out over an implant to make them larger. | 或者在植入时让它们展开使之变大 |
[16:42] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[16:43] | And now I’m going to turn the sound off. | 现在我要把麦克关掉 |
[16:45] | Don’t worry. Nothing’s wrong. | 别担心 没什么问题 |
[16:47] | I just wanna talk about you behind your backs for a little bit. | 我只是想说点你们的悄悄话 |
[16:52] | So, first impressions. | 说说第一印象 |
[16:54] | Murphy? | 莫菲 |
[16:55] | I like Dr. John Lundberg. | 我喜欢约翰·伦德伯格医生 |
[16:58] | I haven’t even heard him speak yet. | 他都没听过他说话呢 |
[17:00] | He has the highest U.S.M.L.E. Scores. | 他的执医考试分数最高 |
[17:02] | And that’s important to you? | 那对你来说很重要吗 |
[17:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:06] | It shows he has a broad knowledge of medicine. | 这说明他的医学知识很渊博 |
[17:10] | What is important to you? | 你认为什么重要 |
[17:12] | Well, I’m more interested | 我更关心 |
[17:13] | in what they can do | 他们能用学到的知识 |
[17:14] | with their knowledge, | 做些什么 |
[17:15] | which is why, so far, I’m most impressed with Jordan Allen. | 所以目前我对乔丹·艾伦印象深刻 |
[17:19] | No. No, you said she undermined you. | 不 不 你说她冒犯了你 |
[17:22] | Which takes courage | 那需要勇气 |
[17:24] | and an assertiveness that will serve her well. | 以及自信果断 日后都将对她大有裨益 |
[17:27] | Then why did you tell her to stop lecturing you? | 那你为什么叫她别再教训你了 |
[17:31] | It’s easier to teach an aggressive resident restraint | 教一个急性子学会保持克制 |
[17:33] | than a passive one to assert themselves. | 比教一个慢性子学会据理力争更容易 |
[17:38] | What about you, Park? What’s important to you? | 朴医生你觉得重要的是什么 |
[17:40] | I wanna know who I can stand to be around for 80 hours a week. | 我想知道我每周能和谁待上80个小时 |
[17:43] | One thing I learned as a cop, | 当警察的时候我学会一件事 |
[17:44] | you don’t really know a person | 直到把酒言欢之后 |
[17:46] | until you’ve had a few drinks with them. | 你才能真正了解一个人 |
[17:54] | LAD and circumflex look clean. | 左前降和回旋状动脉看起来很干净 |
[17:56] | What’s with the right coronary? | 右冠状动脉怎么了 |
[17:58] | It looks narrowed at the origin. | 它在初端看起来很窄 |
[18:01] | It’s a bit narrow, but looks like a normal variant. | 是有点窄 但看起来像正常的变化 |
[18:03] | Yeah, but it seems hazy, | 是 但看起来很模糊 |
[18:05] | like there could be some tumor infiltration. | 好像有肿瘤入侵 |
[18:09] | What do you guys think? | 你们觉得呢 |
[18:10] | – Us? – Yeah. | -我们吗 -是的 |
[18:12] | Come take a look. | 过来看下 |
[18:16] | I guess… | 我觉得 |
[18:17] | – It’s angiogenesis of the left… – Stop. | -是左边的血管再生 -停 |
[18:20] | Interrupting a female coworker | 插女同事的话 |
[18:21] | is almost as annoying as mansplaining. | 几乎和男人说教一样烦人 |
[18:24] | This isn’t a rowing race. | 这又不是一场赛艇比赛 |
[18:25] | You don’t always have to speak first. | 你不必总是先开口 |
[18:28] | I… do not love the interruption. | 我 不喜欢插话 |
[18:34] | But… | 但是 |
[18:35] | I like the enthusiasm. | 我喜欢这种热情 |
[18:39] | What were you gonna say? | 你刚准备说什么 |
[18:41] | First, um, I’m not sexist. | 首先 我没有性别歧视 |
[18:45] | Of course not. | 当然了 |
[18:46] | He’s shifting from right to left dominant circulation | 他从右冠脉循环转为左冠脉循环 |
[18:49] | to feed blood to the tumor. | 来为肿瘤供血 |
[18:50] | – Angiogenesis. – I doubt it. | -血管增生 -我表示怀疑 |
[18:52] | Surgery already showed | 手术中已经看出来 |
[18:52] | his tumor extending to the right side, as well. | 他的肿瘤也延伸到了右侧 |
[18:54] | What were you gonna say? | 你刚才准备说什么 |
[18:56] | The pulmonary artery is right behind that vessel. | 肺动脉就在血管后面 |
[19:01] | It’s causing radiographic scatter in this area. | 是它导致了这片区域的射线散射 |
[19:03] | The haze is just an artifact. | 阴霾只是假象 |
[19:05] | His arteries are clean. | 他的动脉没有受到入侵 |
[19:08] | I think she’s right. | 我觉得她是对的 |
[19:13] | Your idea might just work. | 你的想法也许能奏效 |
[19:19] | If you invert the sutures | 如果你反过来缝 |
[19:21] | and bury them under the skin, | 把线埋在皮肤下面 |
[19:22] | the scar will be invisible. | 就不会看到疤痕 |
[19:24] | No one will ever know we were here. | 没人会知道她做过手术 |
[19:28] | Nice work, both of you. | 做得很好 你们俩 |
[19:32] | Her BP’s dropping. | 她的血压在下降 |
[19:33] | Push fluids, start IV pressors. Check for bleeding. | 推注药液 静脉注射升压药 检查出血情况 |
[19:36] | She’s in V-tach. Move in the crash cart. | 她有室速 把救生车推过来 |
[19:40] | No bleeding. No hematomas. | 没有出血 没有血肿 |
[19:43] | Charging. | 充电 |
[19:46] | Clear. | 离手 |
[19:55] | Sinus rhythm. Her BP is stabilizing. | 窦性心律 血压稳定了 |
[20:00] | Get her to the ICU. I want post-op labs, | 把她送进重症监护室 我需要做术后检查 |
[20:03] | CTA chest, and full 24-hour cardiac telemetry. | 胸部血管成像 还有24小时心电遥测 |
[20:07] | We need to figure out what just happened. | 我们要弄清楚刚才是怎么回事 |
[20:15] | She’s stable, | 她很稳定 |
[20:17] | but diffuse delta wave slowing. | 但是分散的δ波很缓慢 |
[20:18] | Minimal brain activity. | 大脑活动极少 |
[20:20] | An undiagnosed metabolic disorder could’ve caused | 某种原因未明的新陈代谢紊乱可能导致 |
[20:23] | an adverse reaction to the anesthesia. | 对麻醉剂产生不良反应 |
[20:25] | Yeah, but her pre-op labs were all normal. | 对 但她的术前检查都很正常 |
[20:27] | It’s gotta be some sort of hidden heart condition. | 一定是某种隐藏的心脏疾病 |
[20:30] | You’re big on opinions. | 你们主意比较多 |
[20:31] | How are you with ideas? | 你们怎么看 |
[20:32] | What would you do next? | 如果是你们 接下来会怎么做 |
[20:36] | I’d check train of fours | 我会进行肌松监测 |
[20:37] | and reverse the paralytics with neostigmine. | 用新斯的明药消除麻痹 |
[20:40] | If Dr. Murphy’s right, she should wake up. | 如果莫菲医生没错 她会醒过来 |
[20:43] | Smart. But risky. | 很聪明 但有风险 |
[20:45] | The meds will stress her heart. | 药物会使她的心脏负荷加重 |
[20:47] | If Park’s right, she could arrest again. | 如果朴没错 她可能会再次心脏骤停 |
[20:51] | I saw a similar case last year. In Borneo. | 我去年见过类似的情况 在婆罗洲 |
[20:53] | You interned at a hospital in Borneo? | 你在婆罗洲的医院实习过 |
[20:55] | Uh, no. I, uh, volunteered at an orangutan rescue foundation. | 不 我是在一个猩猩救援基地当志愿者 |
[21:00] | Our guide, a local villager, fell out of a tree. | 我们的向导 是个当地村民 从树上摔下来 |
[21:04] | It was, like, 80 feet up. | 大约有24米高 |
[21:04] | How is falling out of a tree similar to a patient arresting | 从树上摔下来和病人在乳房重塑手术中 |
[21:08] | during breast reconstruction surgery? | 心脏骤停有什么相似之处 |
[21:10] | Well, he broke his back, | 他背部断裂 |
[21:12] | but when we got him to the hospital, | 但是当我们把他送到医院时 |
[21:13] | I found he also had heart damage from rheumatic fever | 我发现他还因风湿热而导致心脏受损 |
[21:15] | and metabolic abnormality from iodine deficiency. | 以及因缺碘而导致代谢异常 |
[21:19] | It’s rare here, but it’s common there. | 这里很少见 但在那里很常见 |
[21:21] | We only realized it when we ran a nuclear profusion scan | 我们是在给他做全身放射性核素显像时 |
[21:24] | of his entire body. | 才发现的 |
[21:25] | Good catch. | 不错 |
[21:27] | But a scan that extensive requires multiple radioactive tracers. | 但是大面积扫描需要大量的放射性示踪剂 |
[21:30] | You think her heart could handle that? | 你认为她的心脏能承受吗 |
[21:32] | Not tonight. | 今晚不做 |
[21:34] | I’ll get consent from the mom. | 我要先征求「老妈」的同意 |
[21:36] | We’ll do it first thing in the morning. | 明天早上第一件事就是这个 |
[21:38] | Once we confirm atrial closure, we’ll put the heart back in. | 我们一旦确定心房闭合 就把心脏放回去 |
[21:42] | Dr. Lim will reconnect the aorta | 利姆医生会重新接好主动脉 |
[21:44] | and the superior venous connections, | 和上腔静脉的接口 |
[21:45] | while I connect the inferior. | 而我则连接下腔静脉 |
[21:47] | During my sub-internship, | 我在实习期间 |
[21:49] | I assisted on multiple heart transplants. | 多次协助过心脏移植手术 |
[21:51] | Even sutured the atrial cuff in one. | 有一次甚至缝合过心房肌袖 |
[21:54] | I got to scrub in on a liver transplant once. | 我参与过一次肝脏移植手术 |
[21:57] | The… The patient died. | 患者死了 |
[21:58] | What’d you learn? | 你学到了什么 |
[22:00] | That bile duct leaks are a lot harder to detect than bleeds. | 胆管渗漏远比出血难检测得多 |
[22:03] | Good. Next time, I’d lead with that | 很好 下次先说这一点 |
[22:04] | instead of the patient’s death. | 而不是患者死亡 |
[22:10] | Are you all done yet? | 你们结束了吗 |
[22:11] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[22:12] | Dr. Park wants everyone to join him in the break room. | 朴医生想让大家都去休息室找他 |
[22:22] | I’m Alex Park. | 我叫亚历克斯·朴 |
[22:24] | I’m a former amateur martial arts competitor | 以前是业余武术运动员 |
[22:27] | who once thought it’d be fun to spar with a pro boxer | 曾经觉得和我爸健身房的一个职业拳击手过招 |
[22:30] | visiting my dad’s gym. | 很有意思 |
[22:32] | And that guy was, uh, Mike Tyson. | 而那个人是迈克·泰森 |
[22:37] | Who’s Mike Tyson? | 迈克·泰森是谁 |
[22:39] | He’s a guy from The Hangover. | 拍过《宿醉》的那个 |
[22:41] | With the tiger and the tattoo on his face. | 养过老虎 脸上有文身 |
[22:45] | Nice. You’ve just revealed you’re crazy and old. | 很好 你刚刚暴露了你又疯又老 |
[22:51] | I’ve seen the musical Wicked over 50 times. | 我把音乐剧《魔法坏女巫》看了五十多遍 |
[22:54] | The San Francisco tryout, Broadway, Chicago. | 包括旧金山预选 百老汇和芝加哥的演出 |
[22:57] | I’ve even seen a friend’s boyfriend’s niece play Glinda | 我甚至在舞台之门夏令营看过 |
[23:00] | at Stagedoor summer camp. | 一个朋友的男友的侄子扮演格琳达 |
[23:02] | Nerd. Next. | 呆子 下一个 |
[23:08] | I’m Claire Browne. | 我叫克莱尔·布朗 |
[23:10] | I love music, | 我喜欢音乐 |
[23:12] | but I hate musicals, and, um, I don’t… | 但我讨厌音乐剧 我不 |
[23:16] | I don’t really like to talk about myself, so it’s Shaun’s turn. | 我不想聊自己 肖恩说吧 |
[23:26] | My name is Dr. Shaun Murphy. | 我叫肖恩·莫菲医生 |
[23:28] | I used to not like music, | 我以前不喜欢音乐 |
[23:30] | but my girlfriend, Lea, she changed my mind. | 但是我女朋友莉亚 她改变了我的想法 |
[23:33] | I also like to watch The Weather Channel on TV. | 我还喜欢在电视上看气象频道 |
[23:38] | And… | 还有 |
[23:41] | I think pickles are disgusting. | 我觉得酸黄瓜很难吃 |
[23:46] | Cops know how to manage up. | 警察知道如何与上级相处 |
[23:47] | Managing down’s another story. | 但如何治下就不一样了 |
[23:49] | Well, he’s mature, thoughtful, | 他很成熟 有想法 |
[23:51] | doesn’t have an ego. | 也不自负 |
[23:53] | Neither does Murphy, | 莫菲也不自负 |
[23:54] | but do you think that qualifies him to supervise First Years? | 但你认为这样他就能管理新手医生吗 |
[23:58] | Well, Murphy’s smart, | 莫菲很聪明 |
[24:00] | brutally honest, has no regard for social convention. | 极其诚实 不墨守成规 |
[24:04] | It works for Bill Belichick. | 比尔·贝利契克这样就能当球队主帅 |
[24:06] | The Patriots are the most corrupt, dishonest organization | 爱国者队是全国橄榄球联盟史上 |
[24:09] | in the history of the NFL. | 最腐败 最缺乏诚信的组织 |
[24:11] | Well, the Seahawks suck. | 海鹰队才烂 |
[24:14] | So, how’s your experience been here? | 你在这里工作感受如何 |
[24:16] | It’s been good. | 挺好的 |
[24:22] | Did you consider any other programs | 你考虑过其他医院吗 |
[24:23] | or was this your first choice? | 还是说这里是你的首选 |
[24:25] | This was my only choice. | 这里是我唯一的选择 |
[24:29] | Why do you hate God? | 你为什么恨上帝 |
[24:32] | Uh, actually, | 其实 |
[24:34] | I don’t believe there is a God. | 我不相信上帝的存在 |
[24:37] | I thought maybe it was because you believed he hated homosexuals. | 我觉得是因为你相信他讨厌同性恋 |
[24:42] | I… I don’t think this is something | 我 我觉得我们不该 |
[24:43] | that we should be discussing at work. | 在工作时间讨论这个 |
[24:48] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[24:51] | Well, because it’s personal. | 因为这很私人 |
[24:57] | Do you have a boyfriend? | 你有男朋友吗 |
[24:59] | I… I’m sorry, but you can’t ask that question in a workplace. | 抱歉 你不能在工作场所问这个问题 |
[25:02] | Dr. Park, he wants us to get to know you. | 朴医生希望我们多了解你们 |
[25:06] | How can I do that without asking personal questions? | 不问私人问题的话 我怎么了解 |
[25:10] | I have a girlfriend, and she is very important to me. | 我有一个女朋友 她对我很重要 |
[25:13] | It affects my life in every way. | 这影响了我生活的各个方面 |
[25:16] | Probably should’ve thought of that before you told her | 也许你在说她的声音有多烦人之前 |
[25:18] | how much her voice annoyed you. | 应该先想到这一点 |
[25:20] | I said it didn’t bother me. | 我说我不烦她的声音 |
[25:24] | It… It was a compliment. | 那 那是夸奖 |
[25:26] | What I heard is you criticizing her voice, | 我听到的是你批评了她的声音 |
[25:29] | and you bringing her mother into it. | 还把她妈妈扯进来 |
[25:33] | You’re in trouble. | 你有麻烦了 |
[25:40] | What about Browne? | 那布朗呢 |
[25:42] | She may have as much problem being a leader as Murphy, | 她当领导可能跟莫菲的问题一样多 |
[25:45] | and without his gifts. | 还没有他的天赋 |
[25:46] | She has her own gifts. | 她有自己的天赋 |
[25:48] | Yeah, dealing with patients and their families. | 对 她擅长和患者及家属沟通 |
[25:51] | But with her colleagues, she can be insecure. | 但与她共事并不稳定 |
[25:55] | Her assertiveness has always been a question mark for me. | 我一直对她的果断抱有怀疑态度 |
[25:57] | They’ve all got areas that need improving, | 他们都有需要改进的地方 |
[25:59] | but I’ve gotten to know Browne a bit better these past few months. | 但我在过去的几个月里 更了解了布朗一些 |
[26:03] | She’s stronger than she looks. | 她比看上去的要坚强 |
[26:07] | When’s the last time you saw anyone digging | 你见过有人穿西装打领带 |
[26:08] | a ditch in a suit and tie? | 干体力活吗 |
[26:09] | Surgeons don’t dig ditches. | 外科医生的工作不是体力活 |
[26:11] | They help people at the most vulnerable time in their life. | 而是帮助病人们度过他们人生中最脆弱的时刻 |
[26:14] | And you shouldn’t take the responsibility on | 如果你没完全准备好 |
[26:17] | if you’re not fully committed to it. | 就不该去承担责任 |
[26:20] | You’re entering a new phase in your career, | 你翻开了职业生涯的新篇章 |
[26:22] | position of authority. | 成了一名权威人士 |
[26:23] | Maybe my clothes are making you feel disrespected. | 我的衣着大概冒犯到你了 |
[26:26] | No. | 不 |
[26:27] | The truth is, | 其实 |
[26:28] | I just hate wearing anything that makes me feel like a suit. | 我讨厌穿得人模狗样的 |
[26:34] | Great news. | 好消息 |
[26:35] | I was able to get Sowinski on anesthesia for tomorrow. | 我成功让索温斯基明天来做麻醉了 |
[26:38] | Why? What happened to Foley? | 为什么 弗利怎么了 |
[26:40] | Nothing, I just think Sowinski’s better. | 没怎么 我只是觉得索温斯基更好 |
[26:42] | And we definitely need the A-team on this. | 这台手术我们绝对需要顶尖人员 |
[26:44] | Yeah, I… I agree. | 对 我… 我同意 |
[26:45] | Which is why I went out of my way to get Foley. | 所以我才费尽心力把弗利弄来 |
[26:48] | But Foley doesn’t do well under pressure. | 但是弗利在压力大的时候状态不好 |
[26:50] | – Remember that time… – Morgan. | -之前那次… -摩根 |
[26:52] | You need to butt out. You’re not a surgeon. This is not your job. | 你别插手 你不是外科医生 这不归你管 |
[26:56] | My job is to help my patient through the entire treatment process. | 我应该在整个疗程中帮助我的病人 |
[27:00] | The best anesthesiologist for transplant surgery is Sowinski. | 而索温斯基是最擅长移植手术的麻醉师 |
[27:03] | And I’ve already cleared it with Lim, so that’s who it’s gonna be. | 我和利姆也说好了 所以就是他了 |
[27:06] | Deal with it. | 认了吧 |
[27:16] | Are you mad at me? | 你生我的气了吗 |
[27:21] | I said your voice doesn’t bother me. | 我当时说 我不讨厌你的声音 |
[27:25] | It was a compliment. | 那是在夸你 |
[27:27] | Actually, what you said is that you love my breasts so much | 你当时说的是 你非常喜欢我的胸部 |
[27:31] | that with the help of noise-canceling headphones, | 所以只要戴上降噪耳机 |
[27:34] | you’re willing to put up with my annoying voice. | 你就能忍受我烦人的声音 |
[27:38] | Yes. | 没错 |
[27:40] | Not a compliment. | 这可不是在夸我 |
[27:44] | So you are mad at me? | 所以你生我的气了吗 |
[27:45] | I’m not mad, Shaun. I’m just busy, | 我没生气 肖恩 我只是有点忙 |
[27:47] | trying to keep, like, a billion bots and hackers out of our network. | 在努力阻止上亿的程序和黑客侵入我们的网络 |
[27:52] | Actually, no. I’m not doing that. | 实际上 不 我没在干这个 |
[27:53] | Gonna go home. | 我要回家了 |
[27:54] | You want to have some tequila, stat? | 你现在想不想喝杯龙舌兰 |
[27:57] | We also have some pizza left. | 还剩下些披萨 |
[27:59] | No, I don’t want tequila or pizza. | 不 我不想喝龙舌兰 也不想吃披萨 |
[28:02] | That must mean you’re mad. | 那你一定是生气了 |
[28:04] | I’m just… upset. | 我只是… 有点难过 |
[28:07] | And confused. | 也有点困惑 |
[28:09] | And I really don’t think there is anything you can do about it, | 我觉得你对此什么都做不了 |
[28:12] | so you just need to stop trying and leave me alone. | 所以你就别试了 也别来烦我 |
[28:24] | She’s not mad at me. | 她没生我的气 |
[28:27] | She’s definitely mad at you. | 她肯定在生你的气 |
[28:28] | She doesn’t usually hide what she thinks. | 她一般不会隐瞒自己的想法 |
[28:31] | She’s not mad at him. | 她不是在生他的气 |
[28:34] | She knows how he is, how he talks. | 她知道他什么样 他怎样讲话 |
[28:37] | She’s mad at herself. And scared. | 她是在生自己的气 还有点害怕 |
[28:40] | We all have stuff that we’re insecure about. | 总有事情会让我们患得患失 |
[28:43] | That’s why it’s so risky falling in love. | 所以爱上别人才那么危险 |
[28:47] | We all hope that when we let our guard down, | 我们都希望 当自己完全放下戒备的时候 |
[28:49] | it’s for the one person that doesn’t see our flaws. | 对面的人认为我们完美无瑕 |
[28:55] | So, what do I do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[28:59] | You were being honest. You can’t apologize that away. | 你当时说的是实话 就不能用这个理由道歉 |
[29:02] | You gotta figure out what she needs | 你得弄清楚怎么才能让她 |
[29:04] | to feel secure in the relationship again. | 重新在这段恋情中找到安全感 |
[29:09] | Don’t look at me. I’m single. | 别问我 我单身 |
[29:16] | It’s not my place to comment on your personal life. | 我不该对你的私生活说三道四 |
[29:18] | You have an opinion. Let’s hear it. | 你有自己的想法 让我们听听 |
[29:21] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[29:24] | Can you zoom in on her skull base? | 把她的颅骨底部放大一下好吗 |
[29:26] | I can, but why? | 好 怎么了 |
[29:27] | We’re worried about her heart and metabolic abnormalities. | 我们在担心她的心脏和代谢异常 |
[29:30] | We shouldn’t be. Not anymore. | 我们不该担心这个 不该还担心这个 |
[29:33] | You and Dr. Murphy were both wrong. | 你和莫菲医生都错了 |
[29:36] | She doesn’t have a cardiac or metabolic issue. | 她没有心脏或者代谢的问题 |
[29:39] | She has poor blood flow in the artery supplying blood | 她向控制意识的脑部供血的 |
[29:42] | to the area of her brain that controls consciousness. | 那条颈动脉血流不足 |
[29:44] | A small clot in her artery of percheron. | 在她的基底动脉里有一个小血栓 |
[29:47] | If we don’t remove it fast, she’s never going to wake up. | 如果我们不能尽快取出它 她就永远都不会醒来 |
[30:02] | That’s amazing. | 他们做得真棒 |
[30:04] | No, it’s not. | 不 没有 |
[30:06] | The heart’s totally outside of the body and still beating. | 心脏完全离体 却依然在跳动 |
[30:09] | It’s like it has a mind of its own. | 就像有自己的意识似的 |
[30:11] | She should’ve started the reimplantation by now. | 她现在本该开始再植入了 |
[30:14] | Is everything okay, Dr. Lim? | 还顺利吗 利姆医生 |
[30:15] | The tumor had tendrils invading the right atrial wall. | 肿瘤的卷须侵入了右房壁 |
[30:18] | We took so much tissue to get a clear margin, | 我们为了得到清晰的边缘 切除了太多组织 |
[30:20] | there’s not enough left to reconstruct his heart’s inflow chambers. | 剩下的组织不够重建他心脏的流入腔 |
[30:24] | How about expanded PTFE graft? | 能不能用膨体聚四氟乙烯人造血管 |
[30:25] | There’s not enough atrial remnant to attach the graft. | 剩下的心房不够接血管的 |
[30:28] | You could use the septal wall. | 你们可以用间隔壁 |
[30:29] | He’s got dense conduction fibers there. | 他在那里有稠密的传导纤维 |
[30:31] | – It could cause heart arrhythmias. – Not if you use… | -会导致心律不齐 -除非你们用… |
[30:32] | He’s got low arterial pressure. | 他的动脉压很低 |
[30:35] | He’s springing leaks at the cannulation sites. | 他在导管处失血 |
[30:36] | It’s a bleeding disorder caused by prolonged bypass. | 这是过长的搭桥术导致的出血异常 |
[30:39] | You need to get his heart back in ASAP. | 你们应该尽快把他的心脏放回去 |
[30:40] | Morgan, we can’t put the heart back in with two missing chambers. | 摩根 心脏还缺两个房室 我们不能放回去 |
[30:50] | It’s a rare complication, | 这是一种罕见的并发症 |
[30:51] | but a blood clot is a risk in any surgery. | 但不管做什么手术 血栓都会带来风险 |
[30:54] | It’s too deep in the brain for open surgery. | 它位于大脑深处 不能开颅 |
[30:56] | If we go rooting around in there, | 如果我们在那里面做根管治疗 |
[30:57] | we’d definitely damage the PCA and kill her. | 肯定会破坏PCA 她就会死 |
[31:00] | We could inject a dissolving agent into the clot. | 我们可以向血栓注射溶解剂 |
[31:02] | There’s a 50% probability it won’t fully dissolve, | 血栓有50%的可能无法完全溶解 |
[31:07] | which could leave her with permanent weakness | 这可能导致她永久的虚弱 |
[31:08] | and cognitive difficulties. | 以及认知障碍 |
[31:10] | Assuming she wakes up at all. | 还是她能醒过来的话 |
[31:16] | We need to remove the clot with a stent retriever. | 我们需要用支架取栓器取出血栓 |
[31:21] | If we rupture the posterior cerebral artery, | 如果我们刺穿了后大脑动脉 |
[31:24] | she’ll die on the table. | 她在手术台上就会死 |
[31:27] | Or total recovery. | 她也可能完全康复 |
[31:31] | That’s how she came into this hospital. | 她这么进的这家医院 |
[31:33] | That’s how she’s leaving. | 也会这么走出去 |
[31:38] | Prep her for stent retriever. | 给她准备支架取栓器 |
[31:41] | I’m hanging platelets and fresh frozen plasma. | 我在给他输血小板和新鲜冷冻血浆 |
[31:44] | His pressure is still in the toilet, | 他的血压还是很糟糕 |
[31:46] | but the bleeding is slowing down. | 但流血减缓了 |
[31:48] | Not for long. | 持续不了太久 |
[31:49] | Small intestine submucosa has the right compliance | 小肠粘膜下层能满足 |
[31:51] | to shape the chamber walls, but… | 重塑室壁的条件 可是… |
[31:53] | There isn’t enough to cover that much area. | 材料有限 覆盖不了那么大的区域 |
[31:54] | Use too little and he’ll have heart failure in a month. | 如果用得太少 他会在一个月之内死于心脏衰竭 |
[31:57] | I know. That’s the “but.” | 我知道 这就是我想说的「可是」 |
[31:59] | How thick is his deep fascia? | 他的深筋膜有多厚 |
[32:00] | If it’s over 2 millimeters… | 如果厚度超过2毫米… |
[32:01] | Morgan. | 摩根 |
[32:03] | Get out. | 出去 |
[32:04] | I’m sorry. I’ll… I’ll be quiet. | 对不起 我会… 我会保持安静 |
[32:06] | No, you won’t. You can’t. | 不 你不会 你做不到 |
[32:07] | So leave the OR gallery. | 所以离开观摩室 |
[32:11] | Now. | 马上离开 |
[32:18] | We need 2.6-millimeter-thick tissue with perfect compliance | 我们需要能完全满足动脉灌流与收缩压的 |
[32:22] | for arterial filling and contractile pressures. | 2.6毫米厚的组织 |
[32:24] | If it was just the valve, we’d use a bovine pericardial graft. | 如果只是心瓣 我们就可以用牛心包移植 |
[32:28] | But cow heart tissue | 但牛心脏组织的持久力 |
[32:29] | is not durable enough to do an entire chamber. | 不足以做完整个心腔 |
[32:32] | But pig bladder tissue is just right. | 但猪膀胱组织刚好合适 |
[32:34] | I’ve used it for bladder reconstructive surgeries, | 我以前用过它重建过膀胱 |
[32:36] | but never hearts. | 但从没在心脏上用过 |
[32:37] | Let’s rebuild the entire atrial walls with it. | 我们来用它重建整个心房壁 |
[32:40] | Get down to the tissue procurement lab | 去组织采购实验室 |
[32:42] | and get 200 centimeters of porcine bladder tissue. | 拿200厘米的猪膀胱组织 |
[32:54] | Her EEG delta waves are slowing further. | 她的脑电图的δ波正在放缓 |
[32:56] | She only has one vessel feeding her thalamus. | 仅有一根血管支撑着她的丘脑 |
[32:59] | That’s why the clot landed where it did. | 这也是为什么血栓会在出现在那里 |
[33:02] | I’m approaching the artery of Percheron. | 我正在接近丘脑旁正中动脉 |
[33:05] | I’m one millimeter from the clot. | 我离血栓只有一毫米了 |
[33:07] | Stop right there. | 停在这里 |
[33:14] | If we disrupt this clot, | 如果我们破环了这个血栓 |
[33:15] | we could cause a shower of emboli into her brain. | 可能会导致大量血栓进入脑部 |
[33:41] | Deploying the retriever. | 用取栓器 |
[33:46] | EEG just went flatline. | 脑电图刚刚停止了 |
[33:47] | Calm down. I’m almost… | 冷静 我快 |
[33:51] | Got it. | 好了 |
[33:59] | Blood’s flowing through the artery. | 血液流过动脉了 |
[34:01] | Her brain tracing’s looking better. | 她的脑电图看起来好多了 |
[34:09] | This should fill the gap | 当新的心室缝合上时 |
[34:10] | between the inferior and superior vena cava | 上下腔静脉之间的缝隙 |
[34:13] | when the new chambers get sewn in. | 应该能补上 |
[34:15] | Where’s that graft? | 移植血管去哪里了 |
[34:17] | I need more sponges. The bleeding is getting worse. | 我需要更多的纱布 出血情况更加糟糕了 |
[34:20] | Oh, he’s tanking. Can you push epi? | 他的状况恶化了 推点肾上腺素 |
[34:22] | I already did. He’s maxing out. | 我已经推过了 用了最大剂量了 |
[34:24] | I’m running out of ways to keep his pressure up. | 我没办法提高他的血压了 |
[34:26] | I got it. | 我拿到了 |
[34:27] | They had 205 centimeters of it. | 他们有205厘米的猪膀胱组织 |
[34:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:31] | If you want to gown up, you can watch from down here. | 如果你想穿上手术服 你可以在旁边观摩 |
[34:34] | Definitely. Thanks. | 当然 谢谢 |
[34:38] | I thought telling her how much I love her | 我以为在别人面前 |
[34:40] | in front of other people would make her feel good. | 告诉她我有多爱她能让她开心 |
[34:42] | But Dr. Guerin said I made her feel insecure, and scared. | 但盖林医生说我让她缺乏安全感和害怕 |
[34:46] | Women are sensitive. | 女人很敏感 |
[34:48] | When commenting on their flaws, | 评价她们的缺点时 |
[34:50] | total honesty is a high-risk procedure. | 完全诚实会有很高的风险 |
[34:53] | That sounds sexist. Aren’t men also insecure about their flaws? | 听起来是性别歧视 男人也会这样吧 |
[34:57] | Men are much, much worse. | 男性更加糟糕 |
[34:59] | And also, we’re really stupid. | 并且我们真的很蠢 |
[35:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:01] | What can I do now? | 我现在该怎么做 |
[35:04] | I’ve already said my stupid stuff. | 我已经说了我的蠢事 |
[35:07] | I don’t want her to be upset with me. | 我不想让她生我的气 |
[35:11] | I have a thought. | 我有个主意 |
[35:14] | I think this run of sutures will hold it to the annulus, | 这一串缝线会把它固定在环状物上 |
[35:17] | but I’m worried about leaks. | 但是我担心出血 |
[35:18] | We can put a second row of pledgeted sutures | 我们可以在第两排用脱脂棉缝合线 |
[35:20] | to make sure it’s hemostatic. | 以确保止血 |
[35:22] | That is unreal. | 这太不真实了 |
[35:25] | It’s a work of art. | 这是一件艺术品 |
[35:29] | Now let’s get it back in | 现在我们把心脏放回去 |
[35:30] | while we can still get him off bypass alive. | 当我们撤掉体外循环 他仍能活着 |
[35:37] | Re-perfusing the heart. | 重新进行心脏灌流 |
[35:40] | We’ve got a rhythm. | 有心跳了 |
[36:14] | There was a complication during the reconstruction surgery. | 在手术过程中出现了并发症 |
[36:18] | A clot, which caused you to lapse into a coma. | 一个导致你陷入昏迷的血栓 |
[36:23] | We performed a second surgery on your brain, | 我们对你的脑部做了另一个手术 |
[36:25] | which was successful. | 手术很成功 |
[36:28] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你会恢复的 |
[36:29] | But my breasts… | 但是我的胸 |
[36:31] | The clot occurred after we finished inserting the implants. | 血栓是在我们完成移植后发生的 |
[36:38] | I think you’re gonna be very pleased with the results. | 我相信你会对结果非常满意 |
[36:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:51] | I… think I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[36:59] | Dr. Guerin said I should never say anything | 盖林医生说我不该说 |
[37:02] | that might sound negative to a girlfriend. | 任何对女朋友不好的话 |
[37:04] | And Dr. Glassman said total honesty | 格拉斯曼医生说对女友完全的坦诚 |
[37:07] | is a high-risk procedure with a girlfriend. | 是非常高风险的 |
[37:10] | It’s better to show my love than try to explain it. | 比起解释 我最好表达我对你的爱意 |
[37:17] | But I want to be totally honest with you. | 但是我想对你完全的坦诚 |
[37:29] | I don’t like your body because it’s excellent. | 我不是因为你的身材完美而喜欢它 |
[37:33] | I like it because it’s yours. | 我喜欢 是因为那是你的身体 |
[37:38] | And I love hearing you talk. | 我爱听你说话 |
[37:42] | When I hear your voice, | 当我听到你的声音 |
[37:44] | especially when I’ve had a difficult day, | 尤其是我累了一天后 |
[37:47] | I find it comforting. | 我觉得很治愈 |
[37:54] | Now I want to hug you. Can I? | 我现在想抱抱你 可以吗 |
[37:58] | I’d like that. | 可以 |
[38:10] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[38:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:15] | For your total honesty. | 你的坦诚 |
[38:24] | Your surgery went well. | 你的手术很成功 |
[38:26] | With some time in rehab, | 做一阵康复治疗后 |
[38:27] | you should be back to work in a month. | 一个月内你就能回去上班了 |
[38:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:30] | Don’t thank me. Thank your surgeon. | 别谢我 谢谢你的主刀医生 |
[38:33] | She did all the important stuff. | 她完成了所有重要的工作 |
[38:40] | Lim’s golden boy is in. Nothing we can do about that. | 利姆的得意门生入选了 我们对此无能为力 |
[38:42] | So that leaves three openings. | 还有三个空位 |
[38:44] | The thought of working with Will Hooper for the next two years… | 一想到接下来两年会和威尔·霍珀共事 |
[38:47] | If Dr. Lim thinks he’ll be a good resident, | 如果利姆医生觉得他将成为一个好的住院医 |
[38:50] | I’m sure she has good reasons. | 我相信她有自己的理由 |
[38:52] | She probably thinks arrogance is helpful to a surgeon. | 她可能认为傲慢对外科医生是有帮助的 |
[38:55] | Well, we could try to change her mind. | 我们可以试着改变她的想法 |
[38:57] | Eh, she asked us to evaluate the applicants, not her. | 利姆让我们评估申请者 而不是她 |
[39:00] | She asked us to be totally honest. | 她让我们完全坦诚 |
[39:02] | Eh, “totally honest” is a relative term | 在你告诉老板她的判断完全错误时 |
[39:04] | when you’re telling your boss she’s totally wrong. | 「完全坦诚」是相对的 |
[39:11] | So, Hooper’s in. Who else? | 除了霍珀 还有谁 |
[39:13] | Dr. Andrews likes Dr. Jordan Allen. | 安德鲁斯医生欣赏乔丹·艾伦 |
[39:16] | Oh, I do, too. She’s confident, driven. | 我也是 她自信 努力 |
[39:19] | She won’t take a lot of hand-holding, | 不用手把手教她太多 |
[39:20] | and keeping Andrews happy keeps us happy. | 而且让安德鲁斯开心 我们才能开心 |
[39:24] | That leaves two more. Who’s next? | 还剩俩个位置 还有谁 |
[39:27] | Asher Wolke is very up-front about who he is. | 亚舍·沃尔克非常坦率 |
[39:31] | – I like that. – He’s definitely eager. | -我很欣赏 -他很好学 |
[39:33] | And he couldn’t be more open to learning. | 他学习起来如饥似渴 |
[39:35] | Agree. | 我同意 |
[39:36] | That leaves one more. | 只剩一个名额了 |
[39:39] | John Lundberg. | 约翰·伦德伯格 |
[39:42] | Smart, professional, mature. | 聪明 专业 成熟 |
[39:44] | He’s a no-brainer. | 他全票通过 |
[39:46] | Lundberg’s in. | 伦德伯格胜出 |
[39:47] | Lundberg’s out. | 伦德伯格不行 |
[39:49] | He stopped by my office before he left. | 他走之前来过我办公室 |
[39:51] | Said he’s no longer interested. | 告诉我他没感兴趣了 |
[39:54] | He said you all were unprofessional. | 他说你们都不专业 |
[39:58] | Drinking at work. | 工作时喝酒 |
[40:00] | Asking inappropriate questions. | 问不合时宜的问题 |
[40:02] | Dating drama. | 有戏剧性的约会 |
[40:07] | So, who’s your alt? Olivia Jackson or Boardshorts? | 你们的备选呢 奥利维亚·杰克逊还是短裤仔 |
[40:12] | Olivia knows her stuff, but she’s a bit insecure. | 奥利维亚熟悉她的工作 但她缺乏安全感 |
[40:15] | Her answers sound like questions. | 她的回答听起来像是提问 |
[40:18] | I like Boardshorts. He’s sensitive. | 我喜欢短裤仔 他感觉很敏锐 |
[40:21] | Like a woman. | 像个女人 |
[40:27] | I vote for both of them. | 他们两个人都可以 |
[40:30] | That’s not an option. We don’t have the budget. | 这不是个办法 我们预算有限 |
[40:35] | Hooper is the worst. | 霍珀是最差的 |
[40:37] | The person I said was the best? | 是我说最好的那个吗 |
[40:39] | He is arrogant and obnoxious. | 他傲慢又讨厌 |
[40:43] | If he works here, we’ll hate him, | 如果他在这里工作 我们会讨厌他 |
[40:45] | the work will suffer, and we’ll either kill patients | 工作会变得痛苦 我们要么害死病人 |
[40:48] | or we’ll kill him. | 要么会杀了他 |
[40:56] | And there is no way that you don’t see that, | 你不可能看不出来 |
[40:58] | which makes me think… | 这让我觉得 |
[41:02] | You do. | 你其实一清二楚 |
[41:04] | This was a test. | 这是个测试 |
[41:07] | You just wanted to see if we’d be totally honest. | 你只是想看看我们是否完全坦诚 |
[41:13] | Well done. | 非常好 |
[41:15] | Hooper is definitely the worst. | 霍珀绝对是最差的 |
[41:17] | I only let him shadow as a favor to a board member. | 我只是拿他当个幌子来隐藏我的喜好 |
[41:20] | I figured I’d give him a second chance | 我想在他不愉快的面试之后 |
[41:21] | after his obnoxious interview. | 再给他一次机会 |
[41:24] | And also do a little experiment. | 同时做一个小测试 |
[41:29] | So… | 所以 |
[41:31] | It’s Jordan, Asher, | 入选的是乔丹 亚瑟 |
[41:35] | Olivia, and Enrique. | 奥利维亚和恩里克 |
[41:40] | To the next phase of your surgical training. | 敬你们下一阶段的外科带教 |
[41:43] | You helped pick them. | 你们帮我选了他们 |
[41:44] | As senior residents, it’s now your job to help train them. | 作为高级住院医 你们的任务就是帮助训练新人 |
[41:48] | And don’t take this responsibility lightly, | 不要轻视这份责任 |
[41:50] | because if you don’t train them well, | 因为如果你们没有好好培训他们 |
[41:52] | people will die. | 患者会死 |