时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Remeber how I told you my parents drop in unannounced? | 还记得我跟你说我父母会突然来访吗 |
[00:03] | I just got a text. | 我刚收到一条短信 |
[00:04] | They are coming here tomorrow. | 他们明天过来 |
[00:07] | – Okay. – It’s not “okay,” Shaun, it’s an ambush. | -好的 -这一点不好 肖恩 这是伏击 |
[00:10] | My parents don’t come to visit, they come to judge. | 我父母不是过来看我 是来对我评头论足 |
[00:12] | They hate everyone I date, | 他们讨厌我的所有男友 |
[00:13] | which means they’re gonna ask you a ton of awkward questions. | 意味着他们会问你一堆尴尬的问题 |
[00:17] | It’s going to be uncomfortable. | 这会极其不舒服 |
[00:19] | Very. | 非常 |
[00:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:26] | You hate surprises. Why aren’t you more thrown by this? | 你讨厌意外 你为什么不因此生气呢 |
[00:29] | Because it’s not a surprise. | 因为这不算意外 |
[00:31] | They’re behaving exactly the way you said. | 他们的表现和你说的一模一样 |
[00:33] | So a disaster is fine as long as it’s a predictable disaster? | 所以只要灾难可预测 就不算灾难吗 |
[00:36] | A disaster implies consequences. | 灾难意味着有后果 |
[00:40] | We’re adults. | 我们是成年人 |
[00:41] | Why would it matter what your parents think? | 你父母怎么想又有什么关系吗 |
[00:43] | I don’t know, because they’re parents. | 我说不好 因为他们是父母 |
[00:47] | Doesn’t it bother you | 你难道不觉得苦恼吗 |
[00:48] | that your grumpy second dad Glassman still doesn’t like me? | 你那性情乖戾的「教父」格拉斯曼依然不喜欢我 |
[00:51] | – Dr. Glassman likes you. – No, he doesn’t. | -格拉斯曼医生喜欢你 -不 他不喜欢 |
[00:58] | – I have to go. – Fine. | -我得走了 -行吧 |
[01:00] | But I’m gonna text you some talking points. | 但我会发一些谈话要点给你 |
[01:02] | Mostly subjects to avoid. | 多数是不要谈及的话题 |
[01:03] | And it’s gonna be a very long list. | 而且会有很多 |
[01:14] | How long has she had this wound? | 她的这个伤口有多久了 |
[01:17] | She fell off the vault two months ago. | 她两周前从鞍马上摔了下来 |
[01:20] | Slow healing and signs of oral bruising. | 愈合缓慢 口腔有瘀伤 |
[01:23] | Are you on a restricted diet? | 你在控制饮食吗 |
[01:25] | Coach put me on a performance diet. | 教练让我吃比赛餐 |
[01:27] | High protein, high fiber. | 高蛋白 高纤维 |
[01:28] | I can show you her training log. It’s very standard stuff. | 我可以给你们看她的训练记录 都是按照标准的 |
[01:31] | Although the noodles that she likes, | 不过她喜欢的那个面条 |
[01:33] | they did a number on my stomach, too. | 也让我肚子不好受了一阵 |
[01:35] | – What noodles? – Konjac. | -什么面条 -魔芋面 |
[01:37] | Girls on the squad eat them all the time. | 队里的姑娘一直都吃这个 |
[01:39] | Konjac noodles were banned in Australia several years ago. | 魔芋面几年前就在澳大利亚被禁了 |
[01:42] | They’re dangerous, basically indigestible. | 很危险 几乎无法消化 |
[01:45] | We will get another doctor | 我们会让其他医生来 |
[01:47] | to assess your symptoms and do a workup. | 评估你的病情 做个检查 |
[01:48] | But we need to get Darya to Imaging right away. | 但我们得立刻带达雅去拍片 |
[02:02] | I review my schedule, | 我查看日程表 |
[02:03] | starting with the last appointment and working backwards. | 从最后一个病人 倒着往前看 |
[02:06] | It’s an effective technique. | 这很有效 |
[02:09] | You might want to write this down. | 你最好把这点记下来 |
[02:12] | Uncle Marcus, we had a deal. | 马库斯叔叔 我们说好了的 |
[02:14] | No special attention. | 不能开小灶 |
[02:18] | That deal’s off. | 现在不算数了 |
[02:20] | Livy, you’re struggling, | 丽薇 你很吃力 |
[02:22] | and I can’t sit on the sidelines anymore. | 我没法再袖手旁观了 |
[02:24] | But special treatment from my uncle, | 但我叔叔给我开小灶 |
[02:26] | it’s only going to make things worse. | 只会让情况越来越糟 |
[02:26] | I owe it to you, and I owe it to this hospital. | 我欠你 也欠这家医院 |
[02:29] | I know you have unique talent. | 我知道你有独特的天赋 |
[02:31] | So you’ve noticed both that I’m screwing up | 所以发现我搞砸了 |
[02:33] | and that I have unique talent? | 还发现我有独特的天赋 |
[02:35] | I noticed the talent long before you started here. | 在你还没来这里之前 我就发现了你的天赋 |
[02:39] | Aunt Tilly’s annual barbecue. | 提莉阿姨的年度烧烤 |
[02:44] | You gave this to me when you were five years old. | 你在五岁那年把这个给我了 |
[02:46] | And that moment, I knew you were special. | 那一刻 我就知道你很特别 |
[02:57] | Giant mass of fiber blocking entry to her intestines. | 巨大的纤维肿块堵住了她的肠道入口 |
[03:00] | Her blood tests also show low calcium | 她的血检也显示缺钙 |
[03:02] | and other nutritional deficiencies. | 还有其他营养不足 |
[03:04] | Can I see the 3D reconstructed images? | 我能看看3D重建影像吗 |
[03:07] | It’s unlikely to pass on its own. | 这大概无法自行排出 |
[03:08] | We’ll have to break it up and remove it endoscopically. | 我们得用内窥镜将其粉碎后排出了 |
[03:11] | She also needs to quit gymnastics. | 她也得放弃体操 |
[03:15] | She has severe osteoporosis with compression fractures | 她的所有胸椎骨都有严重骨质疏松 |
[03:18] | in almost all of the thoracic vertebrae. | 以及压缩性骨折 |
[03:21] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[03:23] | She is a 14-year-old girl | 十四岁的姑娘 |
[03:24] | with the bone density | 骨龄却相当于 |
[03:25] | of an 80-year-old woman. | 八十岁的老妇人 |
[03:42] | You have kyphoscoliosis, | 你有脊柱侧凸 |
[03:44] | caused by insufficient diet and overtraining. | 由偏食和过度训练造成 |
[03:46] | We need to surgically stabilize across the deformity | 我们需要用手术固定畸形部位 |
[03:49] | to prevent the spine from failure and paralysis. | 以防止脊柱衰竭和瘫痪 |
[03:54] | Spinal fusion… | 脊柱融合… |
[03:56] | that means that she can’t compete, right? | 意味着她不能比赛了 对吗 |
[03:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:00] | And the Games, they’re less than a year away. | 但离比赛只有不到一年的时间了 |
[04:01] | Could we wait until after to have the surgery? | 我们能不能在那之后再手术 |
[04:05] | If left untreated, | 如果不治疗 |
[04:07] | there’s a 20% chance of progression, | 病情恶化的几率为20% |
[04:09] | which could lead to respiratory failure | 可能导致呼吸衰竭 |
[04:11] | and death. | 甚至死亡 |
[04:20] | It’s your call. | 决定权在你 |
[04:26] | I take risks every day. | 我每天都在承担风险 |
[04:28] | I’m not giving up my dream. | 我不会放弃梦想的 |
[04:31] | You’re 14. | 你十四岁 |
[04:33] | It’s not your call. | 你没办法做决定 |
[04:35] | Her mother passed away when she was a baby. | 她小时候她妈妈就去世了 |
[04:38] | And my father just told you it’s my decision. | 我爸爸刚告诉你了这就是我的决定 |
[04:43] | Coach is my dad. | 我爸爸就是教练 |
[04:45] | Do what you need to do to clear the blockage, | 你们尽可能清除堵塞 |
[04:49] | but leave her spine alone. | 但不要动她的脊柱 |
[04:54] | She wants to risk her life for a trophy, | 她为了一个奖杯要用命冒险 |
[04:57] | and her dad is okay with that. | 她爸爸居然不反对 |
[04:59] | I mean, that has to be some form of abuse. | 某种意义上这就是虐待 |
[05:02] | This hospital is not gonna win a lawsuit | 要和支持女儿梦想的慈爱父亲打官司 |
[05:04] | against a caring father who supports his daughter’s dreams. | 医院是不会赢的 |
[05:07] | All you can do is pull him aside | 你们能做的只有把他拉到一边 |
[05:09] | and try to convince him to be responsible. | 试着劝他负责任一点 |
[05:13] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:14] | Convincing people to be responsible | 最近我不是非常擅长 |
[05:16] | has not been my strong suit lately. | 劝人负责任 |
[05:22] | We’re not still talking about Coach Dad, are we? | 我们现在聊的不是教练老爸了 对吧 |
[05:24] | You’ve been avoiding me. | 你一直回避我 |
[05:25] | I’ve been busy. | 我最近很忙 |
[05:26] | Recovering from a motorcycle accident that you lied about? | 从你并未如实交代的摩托车事故中恢复吗 |
[05:30] | There’s nothing to tell. | 没什么好说的 |
[05:31] | I hit a patch of wet pavement. | 我走了条很滑的人行道 |
[05:33] | Well, Audrey… | 奥德丽 |
[05:36] | You have PTSD. | 你得了创伤后应激障碍 |
[05:40] | I’m dealing with it. | 我正在想办法 |
[05:42] | I don’t think you are. | 我不这么认为 |
[05:45] | Well, I also have a truckload of other things to deal with, | 我还有一大堆别的事得处理 |
[05:48] | including the annual surgical fundraiser | 包括格拉斯曼刚扔给我的 |
[05:50] | Glassman just dumped in my lap. | 年度手术筹款会 |
[05:51] | Yeah, parties, they’re important. | 确实 派对 真是太重要了呢 |
[05:59] | I’m dealing with it. | 我正在想办法 |
[06:12] | How long have you had the severe heartburn? | 严重的胃灼烧出现多久了 |
[06:14] | Uh, six months, maybe a year. | 六个月 也可能是一年 |
[06:17] | BP is 142 over 90. That’s a little high. | 血压142/90 有一点高 |
[06:20] | Yeah, well, Darya and I travel a lot for competition. | 我和达雅经常为了比赛奔波 |
[06:23] | I don’t take care of myself. | 我没有照顾好自己 |
[06:25] | Prioritizing your work over health is a bad idea. | 把工作置于健康之上可不是好主意 |
[06:27] | For you and your daughter. | 对你和你女儿都是如此 |
[06:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:30] | But may I kindly remind you, | 但我想提醒你一下 |
[06:32] | how long are the shifts that you doctors work? | 你们医生一次值班要多久 |
[06:34] | High stress, no sleep. | 压力大 睡眠少 |
[06:36] | When something is important, huh, you give it all you got. | 遇到重要的事 你就得全力以赴 |
[06:39] | True. But we’re adults. Darya’s not. | 确实 但我们是成年人 达雅可不是 |
[06:42] | Yeah, but she’s very different from other girls her age. | 对 但她和同龄的女孩非常不同 |
[06:45] | I mean, Darya, she works her butt off. | 我是说 达雅 她拼命工作 |
[06:50] | She’s earned my r… respect. | 她赢得了我的尊…尊重 |
[06:54] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[06:54] | Oh, I’m feeling some kind of chest pain. | 我感觉胸口痛 |
[06:57] | His oxygen sat and pressure’s dropping. | 他的血氧饱和度和血压下降 |
[07:02] | Possible MI, lung problem, or aortic aneurysm. | 可能是心肌梗死 肺部问题 或主动脉瘤 |
[07:05] | Secure his airway. | 确保呼吸道通畅 |
[07:08] | Poor perfusion. I think he’s septic. | 血液灌注差 感觉是败血症 |
[07:11] | And vitals aren’t improving. | 生命体征没有好转 |
[07:13] | Might be a spontaneous pneumothorax | 可能是自发性气胸 |
[07:14] | and trapped air in his chest. | 胸腔里有空气 |
[07:18] | No, his chest would sound like a kettle drum. | 不 那样胸部声音会像鼓声 |
[07:20] | There’s fluid in there. | 内部有积液 |
[07:23] | Give me a blade, curved clamp, and a chest tube. | 给我手术刀 弯曲钳和胸管 |
[07:29] | Boerhaave syndrome is easily misdiagnosed. | 自发性食管破裂很容易被误诊 |
[07:32] | Nice catch with the percussion technique. | 叩诊技术不错 |
[07:34] | You may have saved this man’s life. | 你可能救了这男人一命 |
[07:39] | Give me more retraction. | 再给我点拉钩 |
[07:40] | These tissue planes are terrible. | 这些组织层糟透了 |
[07:45] | We’re gonna have to debride the mediastinum. | 我们得清除纵隔 |
[07:48] | There’s too much damage to repair the esophagus | 食道的损伤太大 修复好后 |
[07:50] | without risking a chronic fistula. | 会有慢性瘘管的风险 |
[07:52] | The ongoing leakage into his chest | 持续的胸腔渗漏 |
[07:54] | means it would just be a matter of time | 这意味着他因感染而死 |
[07:55] | before he dies from an infection. | 将只是时间问题 |
[08:00] | The safest approach would be to permanently divert the esophagus. | 最安全的办法是做永久食管分流 |
[08:03] | And he’d have to eat through a tube for the rest of his life. | 这样他下半辈子只得通过一根管道进食 |
[08:06] | But I don’t see a better option. | 但我觉得没有更好的选择了 |
[08:09] | In 24 hours, with broad spectrum antibiotics and drains, | 24小时后 在广谱抗生素和引流管的作用下 |
[08:13] | the infection could clear and give us more options. | 感染能够清除并给我们更多的选择 |
[08:17] | Which buys everyone time to come up with another brilliant win. | 这为所有人赢得更多时间想出另一个绝佳的方案 |
[08:27] | Does she really call her own father “Coach”? | 她真的叫她爸爸「教练」吗 |
[08:29] | He is her coach. | 他就是她的教练 |
[08:31] | What do you call your father? | 你怎么称呼你爸爸 |
[08:33] | – Abba. – Pass. | -阿巴 -帕斯 |
[08:35] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[08:38] | That’s his name. | 那就是他的名字 |
[08:40] | Do you respect any traditions? | 你尊重什么传统吗 |
[08:43] | Not random ones. | 不是那些随机的传统 |
[08:44] | Why should we create labels for things that already have names? | 为什么我们要给已存在的事物创造新的标签呢 |
[08:46] | It’s not just what Darya calls her dad, | 这不仅是达雅怎么称呼她爸爸的问题 |
[08:48] | it’s how they act with each other. | 而是他们之间的互动方式 |
[08:51] | They’re like coworkers. | 他们就像同事一样 |
[08:52] | That doesn’t sound bad. | 听起来不错 |
[08:54] | If I were meeting Lea’s coworkers tomorrow, | 如果我明天是和莉亚的同事见面 |
[08:57] | she would be much less anxious. | 她就不会那么焦虑了 |
[08:58] | Family is supposed to make you anxious. | 家人就该让你觉得焦虑 |
[09:01] | Introducing a new boyfriend to your parents, it’s a big deal. | 给父母介绍认识你的新男友 这是件大事 |
[09:04] | It’s a rite of passage. | 这是一件人生大事 |
[09:10] | Polymorphic ventricular arrhythmia. | 多态心室性心律失常 |
[09:11] | Torsade de Pointes. | 尖端扭转型室性心动过速 |
[09:13] | We need magnesium sulfate two grams IV. | 我们需要静脉注射两克硫酸镁 |
[09:21] | – Heart rate’s 170. – She’s not responding. | -心跳170 -她没反应 |
[09:23] | Move in the defibrillator. | 把除颤仪推进来 |
[09:28] | – Charged to 100 joules. – Clear. | -充电到100焦 -离手 |
[09:36] | Did we do something wrong? | 我们做错了什么吗 |
[09:39] | No. | 没有 |
[09:41] | Which is puzzling. | 这很令人困惑 |
[09:43] | Mistakes by first-year residents are expected, | 第一年住院医师能犯的错是可预料的 |
[09:45] | but cardiac arrhythmia in a 14-year-old is definitely unexpected. | 但一个14岁孩子出现心律失常绝对是意料之外 |
[09:56] | I was gonna ask if you wanted a ride, | 我正想问你要不要搭我的车 |
[09:58] | but if you’re working late… | 不过如果你要加班 |
[10:00] | Twenty hours to figure this out. | 花了二十个小时解决这个问题 |
[10:01] | You sure you want to waste one of them driving home and back? | 你确定要在开车上下班路上浪费一半的时间吗 |
[10:05] | I think while I drive. | 我一边开车一边思考 |
[10:07] | Not as well. Not in the car. Not at home. | 在车里和在家思考都不如在这里好 |
[10:10] | Too comfortable, too many distractions. | 那会感觉太舒服 有太多干扰 |
[10:13] | Better to buckle down here, | 最好留在这里认真工作 |
[10:14] | where, as a bonus, your colleagues can see you. | 作为奖励 你的同事们还可以看见你 |
[10:17] | I was under the impression that results are more important | 我以为比起人们对医生的看法 |
[10:19] | than how a doctor is perceived. | 结果更为重要 |
[10:20] | And Jordan is running rings around you there, too. | 而乔丹也比你强多了 |
[10:24] | Results don’t matter if you can’t make people listen. | 如果你不能让别人听你的 结果也没有意义 |
[10:29] | Is that why you didn’t want to perform the esophageal diversion? | 所以你才不愿意做食管分流手术吗 |
[10:33] | You didn’t hear me? | 你没听见我说的话 |
[10:38] | I made a decision for the good of the patient. | 我做的决定是为了病人好 |
[10:43] | Now, | 现在 |
[10:45] | it’s up to you to prove me right. | 要靠你来证明我是对的 |
[10:52] | She has a prolonged QT interval and sporadic extra beats. | 她有QT间期延长和偶发性心率过快 |
[10:57] | I’m gonna get the newbies | 我会让新人们 |
[10:59] | to recheck the renal panel | 去重新检查肾功能测试 |
[11:02] | and order endocrine and genetic studies. | 再安排内分泌和遗传研究 |
[11:05] | I already did. Also a tox and drug screen. | 我已经做过了 另外还做了毒理和药物筛查 |
[11:10] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[11:15] | Lea’s scared. | 莉亚害怕了 |
[11:20] | Then I should prepare myself. | 那么我应该做好准备 |
[11:22] | There is definitely something about me her parents won’t like. | 她父母肯定不喜欢我的某些地方 |
[11:26] | No, Shaun. | 不是的 肖恩 |
[11:27] | You are who you are. | 你就是你 |
[11:29] | Who you are is great. | 你很棒 |
[11:32] | You’ve been preparing for this your entire life. | 你这辈子都在为此做准备 |
[11:35] | When you do something important for the first time, | 当你第一次做重要的事情的时候 |
[11:39] | like surgery, you practice. | 比如手术 你会练习 |
[11:41] | I should practice meeting her parents. | 我应该练习和她的父母见面 |
[11:43] | Mm, how? It’s not like there’s a simulator | 怎么做呢 这里可没有模拟器 |
[11:47] | for learning how to navigate awkward social interactions. | 可以学习如何处理尴尬的社交互动 |
[11:53] | There is. | 有的 |
[11:56] | But I need pizza. | 不过我需要披萨 |
[12:05] | Shaun, I’d like you to meet my parents, Pam and Mike. | 肖恩 这是我的父母 帕姆和迈克 |
[12:10] | Hi, Pam. | 您好 帕姆 |
[12:13] | Hi, Mike. | 您好 迈克 |
[12:22] | Lea tells us you’re a doctor. What specialty? | 莉亚告诉我们你是一名医生 你的专业是什么 |
[12:24] | I am a surgeon. | 我是一名外科医生 |
[12:25] | What a shame. I hear surgeons are arrogant and overrated. | 太遗憾了 我听说外科医生都很傲慢和被高估了 |
[12:31] | Morgan, I’m sorry, | 抱歉 摩根 |
[12:32] | but can you just give it a rest for half a second? | 你能消停一会吗 |
[12:34] | I’m in character. Please address me as Pam. | 我正进入角色呢 请叫我帕姆 |
[12:39] | I read recently that, while you’re sleeping, | 我最近读到 当你睡觉的时候 |
[12:41] | you accidentally eat eight spiders every year. | 你每年都会不经意吃掉八只蜘蛛 |
[12:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:49] | And I read that, sometimes, they lay eggs in your stomach, | 我还读到 有时候它们会在你胃里产卵 |
[12:53] | and then you can have thousands of spiders… | 然后你肚子里会有上千只蜘蛛 |
[12:55] | Shaun. | 肖恩 |
[12:57] | You said not to disagree with him | 你说过在他说错话或者说废话时 |
[12:58] | when he says something wrong and pointless. | 不要和他争辩 |
[13:00] | I didn’t tell you to agree with him, | 我也没让你附和他 |
[13:01] | because that only gives him more wrong and pointless things. | 因为这只会让他说更多错话和废话 |
[13:05] | Good. That’s helpful. | 好 这很有用 |
[13:09] | Let’s continue. | 我们继续吧 |
[13:12] | Did you know that Arizona doesn’t have Daylight Savings Time? | 你知道亚利桑那州没有夏令丝吗 |
[13:14] | Saving. | 「夏令时」 |
[13:18] | It’s “saving,” not “savings.” That’s grammatic… | 是「时间」的「时」而不是「丝」 说不通 |
[13:25] | Wh… How am I supposed to know what is pointless? | 什么 我怎么知道什么是废话 |
[13:29] | Facts are facts. | 事实就是事实 |
[13:30] | Okay, okay, okay. This isn’t gonna work. | 行吧行吧 这样也行不通 |
[13:32] | We could spend the rest of the evening | 我们可以在今晚剩下的时间里 |
[13:33] | teaching Shaun the fine but trivial art of how to finesse trivia. | 教肖恩处理琐事的技巧 |
[13:38] | But the real problem | 但真正的问题 |
[13:39] | isn’t gonna be small talk and family bickering. | 不是闲聊和家庭争吵 |
[13:41] | The real problem is what happens when Lea’s parents | 真正的问题是 当莉亚的父母 |
[13:43] | express real concerns about their daughter? | 对女儿表示出真正的担心时会发生什么 |
[13:47] | -What concerns? – Concerns any parent would have. | -担心什么 -所有家长都会有的担心 |
[13:50] | You two barely know each other, | 你们还不是特别熟 |
[13:51] | you haven’t been dating very long, now you’re living together. | 你们恋爱也没多久 现在你们就同居了 |
[13:53] | This relationship is moving too fast. | 这段关系发展得太快了 |
[13:59] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[14:00] | I thought you said we shouldn’t argue with your dad. | 我记得你说过不能和你爸爸争执的 |
[14:03] | That wasn’t my dad. That was 100% Glassy. | 那不是我爸爸 那是格拉斯曼 |
[14:06] | You can’t prepare for how these evenings can go wrong. | 你不能为晚会上可能出现的差错做准备 |
[14:10] | Families are full of surprises. | 家里充满惊喜 |
[14:11] | Like how you don’t like Lea. | 就像你怎么都不喜欢莉亚 |
[14:22] | I never actually said that. | 我从没那样说过 |
[14:41] | A first-year all-nighter. | 新医生 通宵上班 |
[14:43] | Brings back memories. | 勾起了一些回忆啊 |
[14:44] | Not of myself, of course, | 当然 我没经历过 |
[14:45] | but of the losers who thought staying up all night | 但是那些失败者认为熬夜加班 |
[14:48] | drooling on their laptops made them look like better doctors. | 在笔记本上流口水会让他们看起来更像个好医生 |
[14:52] | So, cure cancer yet? | 所以 治好癌症了吗 |
[14:55] | I’m trying to find a new way to repair a ruptured esophagus. | 我想找到一种新的方法来修复破裂的食管 |
[14:59] | “Fundic reinforcement with intercostal muscle flap.” | 「用肋间肌瓣加固胃底」 |
[15:02] | Pretty cutting-edge stuff. | 相当先进 |
[15:03] | But why not go with diversion? | 但为什么不做分流 |
[15:04] | It’s a lot safer. | 那样更安全 |
[15:05] | Because “safe” is ordinary and boring. Like me. | 因为「安全」这个词平凡又无聊 就像我一样 |
[15:09] | My uncle thinks I need a win. | 我叔叔认为我需要一场胜利 |
[15:11] | And the only way to do that is to be impressive, like Jordan. | 取胜的唯一办法就是一鸣惊人 像乔丹一样 |
[15:15] | Makes sense. | 有道理 |
[15:18] | You agree? | 你赞同吗 |
[15:18] | That Dr. Allen is impressive? Yeah. | 赞同艾伦医生一鸣惊人吗 对啊 |
[15:22] | And everybody knows that | 人人都知道 |
[15:22] | because Dr. Allen makes sure everybody knows that. | 因为艾伦医生确保人人都知道 |
[15:26] | She and your uncle are cut | 她和你的叔叔 |
[15:27] | from the same fashionably high-end cloth. | 一模一样 |
[15:29] | So, I don’t just need to be a better doctor, | 所以我并不只是想成为一个更好的医生 |
[15:31] | I need to be a different person. | 我需要成为一个完全不同的人 |
[15:33] | You might want to start by being a person | 你应该想从做一个 |
[15:35] | who feels a little less sorry for themselves. | 对自己不那么愧疚的人开始 |
[15:39] | Either you’re an awkward, inconsistent loner | 要么你是一个笨拙 反复无常的孤独者 |
[15:41] | who’s irritatingly apologetic about your best qualities, | 对你最好的品质仍然感到恼怒和愧疚 |
[15:44] | or you’re a quietly brilliant surgeon | 要么你是一个聪明的外科医生 |
[15:46] | whom others ignore at their own peril. | 谁无视你就要自担风险 |
[15:48] | If you’re the first one, | 如果你是第一种人 |
[15:49] | quit now and stop wasting resources. | 现在就辞职 别再浪费资源了 |
[15:51] | But if you’re the second, be that. | 如果你是第二种 继续做那种人吧 |
[15:57] | Maybe a little louder. | 或许还得更大声点 |
[16:13] | Claire should we start? | 克莱尔 我们该开始了吗 |
[16:16] | Centerpieces, appetizers, color schemes? | 主菜 开胃菜 配色方案 |
[16:19] | Please tell me that you’re at a hotel in the middle of the day | 你别告诉我你中午在酒店 |
[16:22] | because you’re having an affair. | 是因为你有外遇 |
[16:24] | There were no surgeries scheduled, | 没有安排手术 |
[16:25] | so I decided to volunteer to help. | 所以我想帮忙 |
[16:27] | How helpful. Hmm. | 怎么帮忙 |
[16:29] | We can get the job done in half the time | 我们可以用一半的时间做完工作 |
[16:31] | and still have time to talk. | 还能省点时间聊天 |
[16:34] | Or we can just talk. | 或者我们可以直接聊 |
[16:36] | I am not a 14-year-old girl | 我不是再做个后空翻 |
[16:38] | whose next backflip could kill her, Claire. | 就可能会死去的十四岁女孩 克莱尔 |
[16:41] | I don’t need saving. | 我不需要被拯救 |
[16:45] | What do you think about twinkle lights? | 你觉得星星灯怎么样 |
[16:48] | Too prom? | 舞会感太强了吗 |
[16:55] | Our tests show that your heart problems | 检查结果显示你的心脏问题 |
[16:56] | are being caused by excess estrogen levels. | 是由雌激素水平过高导致 |
[16:58] | And we want to know how it got in your system. | 我们想知道它是怎么进入你的身体里的 |
[17:01] | Medication? A supplement? | 是药物吗 补品之类的 |
[17:03] | Coach gave you my training logs. | 教练已经把我的训练记录给你们了 |
[17:05] | You know as much as I do. | 我知道的你们都知道 |
[17:08] | We also know that you’re in a very competitive sport, | 我们还知道你从事的运动竞争非常激烈 |
[17:10] | so maybe there’s something | 所以也许你在服用 |
[17:11] | you’re taking that’s not on the training log. | 不在训练记录上的东西 |
[17:13] | If you are, we can’t divulge that to anyone. | 就算你有服用 我们也不能向任何人透露 |
[17:15] | You think I’m doping? | 你们觉得我在嗑药吗 |
[17:18] | No way. | 绝对没有 |
[17:18] | – If your coach is pressuring you… – He’s not. | -如果你的教练给你的压力过大 -他没有 |
[17:23] | I’m sure it’s a one-time thing. | 我相信这只是暂时性的 |
[17:26] | Keep monitoring me. I’ll be fine. | 继续监测我 我会没事的 |
[17:28] | Darya, you’ve made your dreams come true by being stubborn, | 达雅 固执 不屈不挠 奋力拼搏 |
[17:33] | being relentless, and just making things happen, | 能让你的梦想成真 |
[17:36] | but that’s not how your heart works. Or your spine. | 但你的心脏或是脊椎不是这样的 |
[17:40] | She’s not being stubborn. | 她不是在固执己见 |
[17:44] | It is going to go away, isn’t it? | 这症状会消失的 对吗 |
[17:48] | Because you are taking something. | 因为你真的服用了什么 |
[17:52] | And now you’re going to stop. | 而现在你会停止服用 |
[17:59] | Which means that it wasn’t performance enhancing. | 也就是说你服用的不是提升运动能力的 |
[18:02] | What is it for? | 它是做什么用的 |
[18:08] | You took drugs for boobs? | 你为了丰胸服了药 |
[18:11] | The girl on YouTube said it would make them bigger. | YouTube上的女孩说它能让胸部变大 |
[18:13] | Phytoestrogens used in herbal remedies | 草药疗法中使用的植物雌激素 |
[18:15] | can cause swelling in breast tissue, | 能导致乳房组织胀大 |
[18:17] | but there are potentially dangerous side effects. | 但是有潜在的危险副作用 |
[18:21] | What the hell were you thinking? | 你是怎么想的 |
[18:22] | I didn’t know it would make me sick. | 我不知道那东西会让我生病 |
[18:26] | I got tired of hearing the boys on the men’s team | 我受够了听男队的那些男生 |
[18:28] | talking about women with curves… | 聊有曲线的女人 |
[18:29] | What if it showed up on a drug test? | 要是在药检中被查出来怎么办 |
[18:33] | What if you got banned from the Olympics? | 要是你被禁止参加奥运会怎么办 |
[18:35] | It’s natural. It doesn’t mess with performance. | 那是纯天然的 不会影响竞技水平 |
[18:37] | – Other girls… – I don’t care about other girls, | -其他女生 -我不在乎其他女生 |
[18:39] | and I didn’t think that you cared about other girls. | 我还以为你也不在乎她们 |
[18:41] | Are you… | 你是不是 |
[18:44] | I can’t believe that you’re willing to risk everything | 我真不敢相信你愿为如此幼稚的想法 |
[18:49] | for something so childish. | 赌上你的所有 |
[18:53] | It’s not childish. | 那并不幼稚 |
[18:55] | I give a lot to my sport. | 我为体操牺牲得够多了 |
[18:58] | I just wanted something for me. | 我只是想为自己做点事 |
[19:03] | You’re not an adult. | 你不是成年人 |
[19:21] | Fix her heart | 修复好她的心脏 |
[19:23] | and her spine. | 还有脊椎 |
[19:25] | What? You can’t do that. Are you punishing me? | 什么 你不能那样做 你在惩罚我吗 |
[19:28] | I’m doing my job. | 我在尽我的责任 |
[19:32] | I’m your father, and we’re a family, | 我是你父亲 我们是一家人 |
[19:34] | and it is my job to make good decisions when you won’t. | 而帮你做出正确的决定是我的责任 |
[19:39] | Since when is being my father your job? | 从何时起做我父亲成你的责任了 |
[19:44] | We never do anything but talk about gymnastics, not even Mom. | 我们除了说体操什么都不聊 连妈都不谈 |
[19:48] | If you didn’t think I needed my father after she died, | 如果你在她去世后不觉得我需要一个父亲 |
[19:50] | why start now? | 为何现在又改主意 |
[19:51] | Darya… | 达雅 |
[19:56] | I’m calling the team lawyer and filing for emancipation. | 我会联系队里的律师申请解约 |
[19:59] | You think I can’t make my own decisions? Try this one. | 你觉得我不能自己做决定 试试这个 |
[20:04] | You’re fired, Coach. | 你被解雇了 教练 |
[20:28] | We could try T-tubes. | 我们可以试试T管引流 |
[20:29] | Using them results in the formation | 用它们引导形成 |
[20:30] | of a controlled fistula and route for drainage. | 可控的瘘管来作为消化道 |
[20:32] | Interesting. But the patient would still have a long recovery | 有意思 但病人还是得经历漫长的恢复期 |
[20:35] | and chance of reinfection. What else? | 且有再次感染的风险 还有什么 |
[20:37] | I found some very interesting research | 我查到些关于内窥镜真空疗法的 |
[20:38] | on endoscopic vacuum therapy. | 非常有意思的研究 |
[20:40] | It’s under investigation for the management of esophageal leaks. | 其中有关于修复食道破损的 |
[20:43] | Definitely innovative, Dr. Allen, but a little too much so. | 很有新意 艾伦医生 但有些太新了 |
[20:46] | This concept hasn’t even gone through clinical trials yet, | 这个想法甚至还没经过临床试验 |
[20:48] | and we need to perform surgery today. | 而我们今天就要做手术了 |
[20:53] | Dr. Jackson, you’ve been quiet. | 杰克逊医生 怎么不说话 |
[20:58] | I was thinking about fundic reinforcement. | 我在想是不是可以用胃底加固 |
[21:01] | My idea is to use the patient’s own good tissue | 我的想法是用病人自己的健康组织 |
[21:03] | to reinforce the primary closure. | 来加固一期缝合 |
[21:05] | In this case, using the stomach as the patch. | 在这个病例中 可以用胃组织修补 |
[21:09] | Like the way we use a skin graft for third-degree burns. | 就像我们用皮肤移植治疗三度烧伤一样 |
[21:14] | Well, he’d be at risk of a diaphragmatic hernia. | 他有得膈膜疝的风险 |
[21:16] | Not if we cinch up | 我们用贲门形成术 |
[21:17] | the lower esophageal sphincter with a fundoplasty. | 收紧下部食管括约肌不就行了 |
[21:44] | Shaun, Lea tells us you’re a doctor. What’s your specialty? | 肖恩 莉娅说你是医生 你的专业是什么 |
[21:49] | I am a surgeon. | 我是外科医生 |
[21:50] | But we are not all arrogant. Though many of us are. | 尽管我们中很多人很傲慢 但并不全是这样 |
[21:54] | I’m still not sure if that’s good or bad. | 我还不确定那是好是坏 |
[22:02] | Is it hard? For you? | 难吗 对你来说 |
[22:07] | I mean, it’s a difficult job. | 我是说 这是一个困难的工作 |
[22:08] | Shaun is excellent at his job. | 肖恩工作做得很出色 |
[22:16] | So, how do you feel about vaccines? | 那么 你对疫苗有什么看法 |
[22:18] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[22:19] | Because, they worry me. | 因为 我有点担心 |
[22:22] | They don’t worry me. | 我不担心 |
[22:24] | – Oh. – Really? | -是吗 -真的吗 |
[22:25] | Because we’ve read a lot of stuff. | 因为我们看了很多东西 |
[22:27] | Especially since Lea told us about you. | 尤其是自从莉亚告诉我们你的事 |
[22:29] | Vaccines don’t cause autism, Mom. | 疫苗不会导致自闭症 妈妈 |
[22:32] | Want to talk about religion now? | 那还不如聊聊宗教 |
[22:34] | I think that that was on the list of things not to talk about. | 这在不该讨论的清单上 |
[22:38] | Lea wrote you a list? | 莉亚给你写了一张清单 |
[22:40] | – Dad. – Well… | -爸爸 -好吧 |
[22:41] | Honestly, Lea, if we’re so impossible to talk to, | 老实说 莉亚 如果我们真的无法交流 |
[22:43] | why even have us here? | 我们为什么要在这里 |
[22:45] | Hemorrhoid surgery. | 痔疮手术 |
[22:48] | – Excuse me? – Want more wine? | -什么 -再来点酒吗 |
[22:51] | I removed a hemorrhoid | 我给一个癌症晚期病人 |
[22:52] | from a patient with terminal cancer. | 切除了痔疮 |
[22:54] | He only had a few months to live, and nothing would change that, | 他只有几个月的生命 且无力回天 |
[22:57] | but the surgery did make him more comfortable. | 但手术确实让他更舒服了 |
[23:02] | I suggest we treat this evening like hemorrhoid surgery. | 我建议我们今晚像做痔疮手术一样 |
[23:13] | Now, that’s… That’s a good point. | 这是 这是一个很好的想法 |
[23:18] | You don’t have to give him any more lists. Let him talk. | 你不必给他什么清单 让他说吧 |
[23:20] | I like this guy. | 我喜欢这小伙 |
[23:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:25] | To hemorrhoid surgery. | 敬痔疮手术 |
[23:27] | To hemorrhoid surgery. | 敬痔疮手术 |
[23:37] | I went. | 我去了 |
[23:41] | I went to see a psychiatrist. | 我去看心理医生了 |
[23:45] | I’m… I’m so relieved to hear that. | 我 我听到这个很欣慰 |
[23:47] | Well, once. | 就一次 |
[23:48] | The doctor said my symptoms warranted medication, | 医生说我的症状需要药物治疗 |
[23:51] | so I haven’t been back since. | 所以之后我就再没去过 |
[23:54] | Why? If you need medication… | 为什么 如果你需要药物治疗 |
[23:56] | Why did you keep your PTSD a secret? | 你为什么对你的创伤后应激障碍保密 |
[24:00] | You chose to deal with your issues privately, | 你选择用你自己的方式 |
[24:04] | on your own terms. | 私下解决你的问题 |
[24:07] | Why am I not entitled to the same choice? | 为什么我没有权利做同样的选择 |
[24:10] | Doing something self-destructive | 做一些自我毁灭的事 |
[24:14] | is not a choice, it’s a mistake. | 不是选择 而是错误 |
[24:16] | Just like it was when I did it. | 就像我曾经那样 |
[24:18] | So, when I do something you agree with, it’s great. | 所以 我做一些你赞同的事 就好 |
[24:22] | When I do something you disagree with, | 当我做了你不赞同的事 |
[24:24] | – it’s because I’m sick. – No. | -就是因为我有病 -不 |
[24:26] | You know, this is why I don’t want to talk to you, | 你知道吗 这就是我不想和你说话的原因 |
[24:28] | because it’s not a conversation, it’s a lecture. | 因为这不是交流 而是说教 |
[24:32] | Audrey. | 奥德丽 |
[24:42] | Audrey… | 奥德丽 |
[24:44] | Please, Claire, let me go. | 求你 克莱尔 让我走 |
[24:45] | No. | 不 |
[24:46] | I just want to go home. I’ll be fine. | 我只想回家 我会没事的 |
[24:48] | Let me give you a ride. You can’t drive like this. | 让我载你一程 你不能这样开车 |
[24:50] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[24:51] | I said I’m fine! | 我说了我很好 |
[24:53] | No. You’re not! | 不 你不好 |
[24:59] | There! Now no one’s driving home. You happy? | 好了 现在谁也别开车了 你满意了吗 |
[25:13] | The two main challenges of Boerhaave syndrome | 自发性食管破裂的两大挑战 |
[25:15] | are timely diagnosis followed by viability of repair, | 是及时诊断及后续进行可能的修复 |
[25:18] | and with this innovative surgical approach, | 有了这种创新的手术方法 |
[25:22] | I think we might achieve both. | 我想这两方面都可以做到 |
[25:25] | I need silk ties and LigaSure. | 我需要结扎丝和血管闭合器 |
[25:37] | His chest infection leaked through the diaphragm | 他胸部的感染从横膈膜漏出来 |
[25:39] | into the intraperitoneal space. | 进入腹腔 |
[25:45] | There’s an abscess behind the stomach. | 胃后面有个脓肿 |
[25:49] | It’s making the entire posterior stomach friable. | 它让整个胃后壁变得脆弱 |
[25:51] | What if we use an intercostal muscle flap | 如果我们用肋间肌瓣 |
[25:53] | to patch the esophagus instead? | 来修补食管呢 |
[25:55] | If we do that, it raises the risk of sepsis. | 那样会增加败血症的风险 |
[25:57] | The patient signed off on risk. | 病人同意承担风险 |
[25:58] | – We should at least try. – Not this level of risk. | -我们至少应该试试 -不是这种级别的风险 |
[26:00] | We need to do the diversion. | 我们得做分流手术 |
[26:03] | Your idea was good. Don’t give up on it so fast. | 你的想法是好的 别这么快就放弃了 |
[26:05] | Reverting to diversion doesn’t mean failure. | 重新考虑分流手术并不意味着失败 |
[26:12] | I searched “eating meat near me,” which was a mistake, | 我错搜成「在我附近吃肉」了 |
[26:15] | but I did get a recommendation for a steak house | 不过确实跳出来一家牛排店 |
[26:17] | your father might like. | 你爸可能喜欢 |
[26:19] | You don’t have to be nice to my parents anymore, Shaun. | 你不用再讨好我父母了 肖恩 |
[26:21] | We won’t be seeing them again. | 我们不会再见他们了 |
[26:22] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[26:28] | “We need to talk about Shaun.” | 「我们要谈谈肖恩」 |
[26:32] | They don’t think I’m mature enough | 他们觉得我不够成熟 |
[26:34] | to be in a challenging relationship. | 应付不了高难度的恋爱 |
[26:37] | Leave it to my mom, she took us both out in one shot. | 留给我妈吧 她一次性把我俩都排除出去了 |
[26:42] | You do get that this is insulting. To both of us. | 你知道这很侮辱人吧 对我俩都是 |
[26:46] | From the people who supposedly love me most in the world. | 他们本该是世界上最爱我的人 |
[26:49] | They don’t. | 他们不是 |
[26:51] | Not the most. | 不是最爱的 |
[26:53] | Not anymore. | 不再是 |
[27:00] | Lea… | 莉亚… |
[27:05] | People who meet me | 遇到我的人 |
[27:07] | are usually uncomfortable. | 通常都感到不舒服 |
[27:11] | And most of the time, that doesn’t go away. | 大部分时候 这种感觉都不会消失 |
[27:16] | How do you handle that? | 那你怎么应付 |
[27:19] | I try to be patient. | 我尽量耐心点 |
[27:21] | Sometimes it works. | 有时有用 |
[27:25] | Maybe you’re a more mature person than I am. | 也许你比我更成熟 |
[27:28] | But I’m not sure if that is gonna work for me. | 但我不确定这对我有用 |
[27:43] | Have you seen Dr. Lim this morning? | 你今早看到利姆医生了吗 |
[27:44] | Uh, no. Why? | 没有 怎么 |
[27:46] | Darya’s lawyer called. | 达雅的律师打电话过来 |
[27:47] | – I need Dr. Lim. – Dr. Lim’s not here. | -我找利姆医生 -利姆医生不在这 |
[27:49] | I don’t know if she’ll be in today. | 我不知道她今天来不来 |
[27:51] | If it’s an emergency, maybe Dr. Glassman… | 如果紧急的话 也许格拉斯曼医生… |
[27:54] | Dr. Glassman’s in meetings this morning. Who needs me? | 格拉斯曼医生早上有会 谁找我 |
[27:57] | Darya’s lawyer is demanding that the hospital release her client. | 达雅的律师要求医院让她的客户出院 |
[27:59] | Tell her lawyer we’re not releasing our patient | 告诉她的律师 病人康复之前 |
[28:01] | until she’s healthy unless we receive a court order. | 我们不会让她出院 除非收到法院通知 |
[28:04] | What’s your problem? | 你有什么问题 |
[28:05] | Dr. Andrews encountered complications. | 安德鲁斯医生遇到了并发症 |
[28:07] | He asked me to inform you that the surgical plan | 他让我通知你 手术方案需要 |
[28:08] | needs to change without the patient’s consent. | 在不经病人同意的情况下改变 |
[28:10] | That’s Andrews’ call. | 让安德鲁斯自己决定 |
[28:12] | I don’t need details, just coffee. | 我不需要知道细节 只要咖啡 |
[28:17] | I changed my mind. I need the details. | 我改变想法了 我要看细节 |
[28:20] | Stay here. | 留在这里 |
[28:25] | Long, painful recovery with a feeding tube, | 要么用胃食管 经历漫长而痛苦的恢复过程 |
[28:27] | or risk of death. | 要么有死亡的风险 |
[28:29] | As his next of kin, it’s your call. | 你是他的近亲 所以你来决定 |
[28:33] | I have to decide? | 我必须做决定 |
[28:34] | You made a life-or-death choice for yourself. | 你刚给自己做了个生死攸关的决定 |
[28:37] | In fact, you insisted on it. | 实际上 你硬要这样 |
[28:38] | Well, that’s different. The doctors were asking me | 那不同 医生让我 |
[28:40] | to give up something I really wanted. | 放弃我很想要的东西 |
[28:41] | The only difference is, your father is laying | 唯一的区别是 你父亲 |
[28:43] | on an operating table waiting for you to grow up. | 正躺在手术台上等你长大 |
[28:49] | If something bad happened, I’d be responsible. | 如果不好的事发生 我得负责 |
[28:51] | Yes. | 对 |
[28:53] | That’s the definition of adulthood. | 这就是成年人的定义 |
[29:01] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[29:02] | Of course you don’t. | 你当然不知道 |
[29:03] | It’s an impossible choice. | 这是个艰难的选择 |
[29:05] | Terrible things happen either way. | 不管选哪个 可怕的事都有可能发生 |
[29:08] | And, yeah, it’s on you. | 而且是的 你要决定 |
[29:12] | I can’t do it. | 我决定不了 |
[29:15] | I just can’t. | 我没法决定 |
[29:21] | You’re not a grown-up, Darya. | 你还未成年 达雅 |
[29:23] | Luckily. | 真幸运 |
[29:24] | So those of us who are will make the impossible decision for you. | 我们当中有人会为你做这个艰难的决定 |
[29:30] | Dr. Andrews will do the diversion. | 安德鲁斯医生会给他做分流手术 |
[29:34] | Someone will bring you to see your father | 你父亲手术结束后 |
[29:35] | when he’s out of surgery. | 会有人带你去见他 |
[29:56] | What was that? | 刚才是怎么回事 |
[29:57] | I saved that girl when you couldn’t. | 我救了那女孩 而你却没有 |
[29:59] | Yesterday, you told me to respect her decision. | 昨天你跟我说要尊重她的决定 |
[30:02] | Today, you tortured her into changing her mind. | 今天你折磨她 让她改变想法 |
[30:05] | Oh, did I make a little girl cry? | 我把一个小女孩弄哭了吗 |
[30:08] | I can’t do this. I’m done trying to help you. | 我受不了了 我不想再帮你了 |
[30:10] | Oh, please. You’re never really done. | 得了吧 你只会纠缠不休 |
[30:17] | You know who you were last night? | 你知道你昨晚像谁吗 |
[30:20] | My mom. | 我妈 |
[30:22] | Drunk, angry, | 酗酒 暴躁 |
[30:23] | refusing to lift a finger to help yourself, | 拒绝做任何事来自救 |
[30:25] | lying about it, and taking your pain out on me. | 撒谎 拿我出气 |
[30:30] | It’s gonna keep happening until you get help. | 不寻求帮助 就只会持续这样下去 |
[30:33] | Take the medication, talk to someone, | 吃药 跟人聊聊 |
[30:36] | do something. | 做点什么 |
[30:39] | Please. | 拜托 |
[30:45] | I’m not your mother, Claire. | 我不是你妈妈 克莱尔 |
[30:47] | I’m not your responsibility. | 你不必对我负责 |
[30:49] | I’m your boss. | 我是你的上司 |
[30:51] | And I don’t owe you anything. | 我也不欠你什么 |
[31:11] | Shaun? What are you doing here? | 肖恩 你来这儿做什么 |
[31:17] | You’re wrong about me and Lea. | 你们对于我和莉亚的看法是错的 |
[31:20] | Well, no offense, Shaun, but this is between family. | 不好意思 肖恩 这是我们的家事 |
[31:22] | Lea is my girlfriend, | 莉亚是我女朋友 |
[31:25] | and the texts you sent were about us. | 你们发的短信是关于我们的 |
[31:27] | We’re sorry you saw those. | 抱歉让你看到了 |
[31:30] | Shaun, you’re a very nice young man, | 肖恩 你是个非常好的年轻人 |
[31:33] | and we enjoyed meeting you. | 我们跟你相处也很愉快 |
[31:36] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[31:37] | We’ve known Lea a lot longer than you have. | 我们了解莉亚的时间比你长很多 |
[31:40] | Yeah, she’s, um… | 对 她比较 |
[31:42] | Well, I mean, she has a good heart, | 她很善良 |
[31:44] | she just doesn’t think ahead. | 但是做事欠考虑 |
[31:45] | And she will do anything to get under our skin. | 她就喜欢想尽办法激怒我们 |
[31:48] | You wouldn’t believe some of the people she’s dated. | 你都想象不到她以前交的某些男朋友 |
[31:52] | I’m different | 我不同于 |
[31:54] | than anyone she’s ever dated. | 她交过的所有男朋友 |
[31:57] | How is that not a change? | 这不是一种改变吗 |
[31:59] | That’s true, Shaun. | 没错 肖恩 |
[32:01] | I’m just not sure it’s a good thing. | 我只是不确定这是不是好事 |
[32:13] | You knew her then. | 你们了解以前的她 |
[32:16] | You don’t know her now. | 不了解现在的她 |
[32:19] | All you know are her mistakes. | 你们只知道她犯的错 |
[32:21] | And you don’t trust her | 你们不信任她 |
[32:22] | because you aren’t sure you were good parents. | 因为你们不确定自己是不是称职的父母 |
[32:29] | You said our relationship has challenges. | 你们说我们的关系有挑战性 |
[32:33] | You’re right. | 说得对 |
[32:38] | Lea and I go through challenges together. | 莉亚和我共同经历挑战 |
[32:41] | It’s one of the things that makes us stronger. | 这是让我们的关系更牢固的原因之一 |
[32:45] | Lea challenges me to try things, | 莉亚让我挑战新事物 |
[32:48] | even things I know I won’t like, | 即便我知道自己不会喜欢 |
[32:51] | because it is not always better to stop and think. | 因为停下脚步思考不见得会更好 |
[32:53] | And I make Lea patient, because I can be very frustrating. | 我让莉亚变得耐心 因为我能让别人很沮丧 |
[32:58] | So can the two of you. | 你们也会这样 |
[33:04] | Maybe this challenge will make your relationship stronger, too. | 也许这种挑战也会让你们的关系更加牢固 |
[33:32] | If you really think I should have the spinal surgery, | 如果你真的认为我应该做脊柱手术 |
[33:37] | I trust you. | 我相信你 |
[33:40] | I do. | 我的确这样想 |
[33:43] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[33:52] | Ever since your mother died, | 自从你妈妈去世后 |
[33:56] | I’ve been scared. | 我就很害怕 |
[34:00] | What did I know about raising a little girl all by myself? | 我哪里知道该怎么独自养活一个女儿 |
[34:03] | And you… You were a handful. | 你又是个小调皮 |
[34:08] | Bouncing off the walls, | 又是蹬墙 |
[34:10] | backflips off the furniture. | 又是从家具上后空翻 |
[34:12] | You couldn’t get me to the gym fast enough. | 你迫不及待地把我送进体育馆 |
[34:14] | Because when you were on the beam, | 因为当你站在平衡木上 |
[34:20] | or flipping through the air, | 或在空中翻转时 |
[34:24] | you’re not just a little girl. | 你不仅是个小女孩 |
[34:25] | You are an amazing athlete. | 更是一个出色的运动员 |
[34:30] | As your coach, | 作为你的教练 |
[34:32] | you make me feel amazing, too. | 你也让我惊喜 |
[34:38] | All this time, | 一直以来 |
[34:40] | I thought I was giving you exactly what you needed. | 我以为我给予你的正是你所需要的 |
[34:47] | But I was wrong. | 但我错了 |
[34:49] | What you needed was for me to be your dad. | 你需要的是作为爸爸的我 |
[34:53] | And what your dad would have told you, | 爸爸本应该告诉你的是 |
[34:56] | that no matter how you look, | 无论外表如何 |
[35:01] | or what you achieve, | 成绩如何 |
[35:04] | you will always be a beautiful, | 你在我眼里永远是一个 |
[35:07] | strong superstar to me. | 美丽 坚强的明星 |
[35:25] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[35:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:54] | I like you. Okay? | 我喜欢你 好吗 |
[35:56] | Stop. | 别这样 |
[35:58] | You’re gonna make me cry. | 你会把我感动哭的 |
[36:00] | You’re a very cynical person, you know that? | 你这人说话带刺 你知道吗 |
[36:02] | Mm, actually, I’m not. | 事实上 我不是 |
[36:04] | But you’re a very grouchy person who cannot give a compliment. | 但你脾气挺暴躁也不会赞美别人 |
[36:13] | You’re funny. You’re smart. | 你风趣幽默 聪明机智 |
[36:16] | And you make Shaun happy. | 你让肖恩开心 |
[36:20] | Which I guess is a good thing, | 我想这挺好 |
[36:21] | but it also means you can make him very, very sad. | 但这也意味着你会让他非常非常难过 |
[36:25] | And that worries me, frankly. | 坦白来说 我担心的就是这个 |
[36:27] | I am not planning on hurting Shaun. | 我没有打算伤害肖恩 |
[36:30] | It’s rarely intentional, you know? | 有时候并不是故意的 你明白吗 |
[36:37] | My parents have an issue with Shaun. | 我父母不赞同我和肖恩在一起 |
[36:43] | And I just don’t want Shaun’s parent | 我只是不希望肖恩的亲人 |
[36:46] | to have a problem with us, too. | 也反对我们 |
[36:52] | Too bad. | 太糟了 |
[36:58] | Everything Shaun has gone through, | 肖恩所经历的一切 |
[37:01] | all the rejection and the pain, | 遭受的拒绝和痛苦 |
[37:07] | the victories, they all belong to him. | 取得的荣誉与辉煌 都属于他自己 |
[37:12] | But I feel every single high | 但我为他开心而欣喜 |
[37:16] | and every single low. | 为他伤心而痛苦 |
[37:20] | So, I’m sorry, I’m… | 所以 抱歉 |
[37:25] | I’m not going to stop worrying about him, | 我还会继续为他操心 |
[37:27] | even if he doesn’t need me to. | 即使他不需要 |
[37:35] | Well, if Shaun saw that stain on your tie, | 如果肖恩看到了你领带上污渍 |
[37:37] | it would drive him crazy. | 他保准又要发狂 |
[37:55] | Hey, Liv. | 小莉 |
[37:56] | I’m sorry we didn’t get to perform your surgery, | 我很遗憾没有照你的方案实施手术 |
[37:58] | but I’m really proud of the way you stepped up. | 但是你挺身而出 我感到很自豪 |
[38:03] | That surgery wasn’t mine. | 那台手术不属于我 |
[38:05] | Of course it was, and it was brilliant… | 它当然是 而且方案很棒 |
[38:07] | And neither was the stone. | 而且那块石头也不属于我 |
[38:10] | That story you told me about how you spotted my talent? | 至于你说的那个故事 |
[38:14] | Um, I don’t remember any of it. | 我是如何展现天赋的 我一点也不记得 |
[38:17] | I didn’t paint that rock, | 我没有在那块石头上画画 |
[38:19] | and if I handed it to you, | 如果我确实把石头给你了 |
[38:21] | it didn’t mean anything because I was five. | 那也没任何意义 我当时只有5岁 |
[38:24] | You have been carrying around a memory for over 20 years | 20多年来你一直珍藏了这段记忆 |
[38:28] | that represents your dream, not mine. | 也只能代表你的梦想 而不是我的 |
[38:31] | Clearly, that’s not entirely true. | 显然 你说的并不完全是真的 |
[38:33] | You went to medical school. | 你念了医学院 |
[38:34] | Because I do want to be a great doctor. | 那是因为我想成为一名杰出的医生 |
[38:37] | I wanted it so bad | 我太渴望了 |
[38:38] | that I let you push me to think up some flashy surgery, | 你让我想新颖的手术方案 我也干了 |
[38:42] | even when my instincts already told me | 即使我的本能早就告诉我 |
[38:44] | to do what I thought was the right thing, | 去做我认为正确的事情 |
[38:46] | and was the right thing. | 去做真正正确的事情 |
[38:49] | Livy, I just want to help you be the best… | 莉维 我只是想帮你成为最棒的 |
[38:50] | You want me to be Jordan. | 你想让我成为乔丹 |
[38:53] | If you’re looking to mold someone in your image, she’s perfect. | 你按你脑海里一个完美的模范去塑造我 |
[38:59] | But, Uncle Marcus, I’ve got to be me. | 但是马库斯叔叔 我只会成为我自己 |
[39:03] | And you can’t help me do that. | 而这你根本无法施以援手 |
[39:17] | I’m still gonna brag on you like a proud uncle. | 我仍然会四处夸耀你 以你为豪 |
[39:20] | You know that, right? | 你知道的 对吧 |
[39:33] | Dr. Jackson. | 杰克逊医生 |
[40:00] | – It’s your parents. – Yep, Shaun. I saw. | -是你的父母 -是的 肖恩 我看到了 |
[40:02] | They probably want something. | 他们有可能想要做些什么 |
[40:04] | We should prepare. Either they want to yell at us, | 我们应该准备一下 他们可能冲进来骂我们 |
[40:07] | in which case, we should not answer the door, | 这种情况下 我们不应该开门 |
[40:09] | or they could want to take us for dinner… | 或者他们想邀请我们共进晚餐 |
[40:10] | …but we are already halfway through… | 但是我们已经吃到一半了 |
[40:12] | They want to take us to dinner. | 他们叫我们一起去吃饭 |
[40:15] | Should I open the door? | 那我该开门吗 |
[40:17] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[40:21] | I think… | 我认为 |
[40:28] | …they must have been good parents. | 他们一定已经成为了友善的父母 |
[40:35] | We should have dinner with them. | 我们应该和他们一起吃饭 |
[40:38] | Do you want to text them back? | 你想给他们回信息吗 |
[41:05] | Last year, after my mom died, | 去年 我母亲去世了 |
[41:07] | I was going through some problems emotionally. | 我情感上出现了一些问题 |
[41:12] | I was diagnosed with PTSD. | 我确诊为创伤后应激障碍 |
[41:16] | I see. | 了解了 |
[41:17] | Melendez knew. | 梅伦德斯知道这件事 |
[41:19] | Morgan found out because she’s Morgan. | 摩根也知道 她什么都能发现 |
[41:21] | But I didn’t tell anyone else. | 但是我没告诉其他任何人 |
[41:23] | I… I didn’t want anyone to know. | 我不想其他人知道 |
[41:25] | Why are you telling me this now? | 那你现在为什么要告诉我 |
[41:29] | Because | 因为 |
[41:32] | Lim is going through something like it, but maybe worse. | 利姆正在遭受同样的折磨 甚至更糟 |
[41:37] | She isn’t going to therapy. | 但她没有接受治疗 |
[41:40] | She has refused medication. She… | 她不愿意服药 她… |
[41:41] | Okay. | 够了 |
[41:44] | I don’t think you should be telling me this. | 你不该告诉我这些 |
[41:46] | Whatever Lim told you, she told you in confidence and as a friend. | 你是她的朋友 利姆才私底下告诉你 |
[41:50] | But she’s not just a friend. She’s my boss. | 但她不只是朋友 她也是我的上司 |
[41:54] | You’re her boss. | 而你是她的上司 |
[41:56] | So I’m telling you because I have no place else to turn. | 我别无选择 才和你说 |
[42:01] | She won’t let me help | 她不让我插手帮忙 |
[42:03] | because she says it’s not my job. And she’s right. | 她说这不关我事 她没错 |
[42:08] | But it’s your job to protect the hospital. | 但这是你的职责 保护这家医院 |
[42:13] | And her. | 还有保护她 |
[42:18] | So… | 所以 |