时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[00:25] | I stamped and addressed all the Save the Date cards. | 我在所有「喜帖」上盖了章 写了地址 |
[00:28] | I hope two months’ notice is enough. | 我希望提前两个月通知足够了 |
[00:30] | The wedding planning books all said four to six is best. | 婚礼策划书上都说四到六个月最好 |
[00:32] | You definitely could have waited until you had a day off. | 你完全可以等到你休假的那一天 |
[00:36] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[00:37] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[00:41] | I know change is hard for you. | 我知道改变对你来说很难 |
[00:44] | Salen’s changes are not hard because of my ASD. | 萨伦的改革并不难 因为我有自闭症 |
[00:47] | The new soap, hand dryers, and scrubs | 新的肥皂 干手机和手术服 |
[00:49] | are all inferior to what we had before. | 都没有我们从前的好 |
[00:52] | Now I have to bring my own soap and paper towels. | 现在我必须带自己的肥皂和纸巾 |
[00:55] | I’ve seen you adapt to things before. | 我之前见过你适应一些事情 |
[00:58] | Like the toilet paper and how I cut avocados. | 比如厕纸 还有我切牛油果的方式 |
[01:01] | She uses the same stuff at her other hospitals, | 她在其他医院也用同样的东西 |
[01:04] | and the staff apparently likes them. | 员工们显然很喜欢 |
[01:08] | I need to show her my evidence. | 我得给她看我的证据 |
[01:09] | I’m sure Salen has her own evidence. | 我相信萨伦有她自己的证据 |
[01:11] | She’s all about collecting data. | 她热衷于收集数据 |
[01:13] | I’m not wrong. | 我没错 |
[01:15] | I didn’t say you were. | 我没有说你错了 |
[01:16] | Maybe you should see what the others think first. | 也许你应该先看看其他人是怎么想的 |
[01:19] | If the studies prove I’m right, | 如果研究表明我是对的 |
[01:22] | what others think doesn’t matter. | 那么其他人如何想无关紧要 |
[01:24] | To you, yes, | 对你来说 没错 |
[01:25] | but she installed smile-frown buttons in every room. | 但她在每个房间里都安装了微笑或皱眉的按钮 |
[01:30] | To get Salen to change her mind, | 要想让萨伦改变主意 |
[01:32] | you need to think about what’s important to her, not you. | 你得想想什么对她来说才是重要的 而非你 |
[01:37] | That is… | 那真是个 |
[01:40] | Good advice. | 好主意 |
[01:41] | Uh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:43] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[01:44] | And thank you for taking care of these. | 谢谢你做了这些 |
[01:48] | I will mail them out today. | 我今天会把这些邮寄出去 |
[01:52] | This is so exciting. | 真的好激动呢 |
[01:54] | Yes, it is. | 是的 没错 |
[02:03] | Well, you signed a year lease. | 你签了一年租约 |
[02:05] | Might be worth buying a couch, putting some art on the wall. | 也许这值得买张沙发 在墙上挂些艺术品 |
[02:08] | The art I like I can’t afford. | 我喜欢的艺术品我买不起 |
[02:10] | And you didn’t like watching TV in bed? | 你不喜欢在床上看电视吗 |
[02:14] | I definitely liked not watching TV in bed. | 我在床上当然不喜欢看电视 |
[02:20] | At least get a damn coffee maker. | 至少买个咖啡机吧 |
[02:22] | Si, Jefa. | 是 老板 |
[02:25] | Andrews is tu jefe now. | 安德鲁斯现在是你的老板 |
[02:27] | Mmm, suerte la mia. | 祝我好运 |
[02:30] | I know it’s been a while since you’ve been supervised. | 我知道你已经有一段时间不受管束了 |
[02:35] | I’ve got enough on my plate dealing with Salen, | 我跟萨伦打交道已经够忙的了 |
[02:37] | so please… Make it work. | 所以拜托 好好干 |
[02:40] | I’ve worked with trust fund donors and dictators. | 我和信托基金捐赠人还有独裁者共事过 |
[02:43] | I can manage Andrews. | 我应付得了安德鲁斯 |
[02:48] | Oh, what a beautiful morning | 多么美好的清晨 |
[02:50] | Oh, what a beautiful day | 多么美好的一天 |
[02:53] | Somebody’s in a good mood. | 某人心情很好啊 |
[02:55] | Just had my first personal training session | 刚刚在我们新的健身中心 |
[02:57] | in our new fitness center. | 完成了我的第一次个人训练 |
[02:58] | I highly recommend Rafael. | 我强烈推荐拉斐尔 |
[03:01] | – Cute? – Very. | -可爱吗 -超级可爱 |
[03:03] | And he knows just how hard to push when stretching you out. | 在拉伸的时候 他知道用多大力度来推你 |
[03:07] | I’ll stick to working out at home. | 我还是坚持在家锻炼 |
[03:08] | Where he can pretend he’s Rocky Balboa. | 在家他可以假装自己是洛奇·巴尔博亚 |
[03:10] | More like Soo Woong Lee. | 更像是李秀雄 |
[03:12] | Salen would probably install a heavy bag if you asked. | 如果你提议的话 萨伦可能会装个沙袋 |
[03:14] | She seems eager to upgrade the amenities. | 她好像很想要升级设施 |
[03:15] | She’s eager for a reduced rate | 她是很想降低我们的 |
[03:17] | on our health insurance, | 医疗保险费率 |
[03:18] | which a gym gives her. | 她用健身房就能做到 |
[03:19] | And you prefer she pay more? | 你更希望她多给点钱 |
[03:20] | After she’s done with the paint and window treatments, | 等她刷完漆 装饰好窗户 |
[03:23] | the cuts will come. | 就会降薪的 |
[03:23] | You’re complaining about upgrades you agree with | 你在抱怨你所认同的改良 |
[03:25] | because you’re annoyed about cuts | 是因为你对甚至还没有提议的降薪 |
[03:26] | that haven’t even been proposed? | 心怀不满吗 |
[03:28] | If you’re so optimistic, | 如果你这么乐观 |
[03:30] | why were you tossing and turning all night? | 为什么你整晚辗转反侧 |
[03:32] | I was hot, and I hate your mattress. | 我很热 我不喜欢你的床垫 |
[03:35] | Don’t you have an ACL to repair? | 你不是有个前交叉韧带重建术吗 |
[03:44] | It was in the low 60s last night. | 昨晚气温在16度以下 |
[03:49] | I got tacos on the way home, | 我回家路上吃了塔可 |
[03:51] | and then I couldn’t… | 然后我就情不自禁 |
[03:53] | You know, while we were in bed. | 当我们在床上时 |
[03:56] | I am still in so much pain and totally bloated. | 我还是很疼 腹部很胀 |
[04:00] | – Would you fart in front of a boyfriend? – Absolutely no. | -你会在男朋友面前放屁吗 -当然不会 |
[04:03] | I’m all for being real, but not that… | 我非常真实 但那不行 |
[04:08] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[04:09] | We were just saying… | 我们在聊 |
[04:11] | How much we love the gym. It’s… | 我们有多喜欢健身房 那… |
[04:13] | Stop talking. | 别说话 |
[04:18] | I had an inspiration in the shower. | 我洗澡时有了个灵感 |
[04:20] | I never wait to jot down a good idea. | 我习惯第一时间记下一个好主意 |
[04:23] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:24] | First time I sleep over at a guy’s place, | 我第一次在一个男人家里过夜时 |
[04:26] | in the morning, while he’s in the shower, | 早上 他在洗澡时 |
[04:28] | I go in, take a seat on the toilet, drop a deuce. | 我进去 坐在马桶上 解大便 |
[04:33] | Really separates the men from the boys. | 这样很能区分开男人与男孩 |
[04:39] | We need some help over here! | 快来人帮忙 |
[04:42] | 27-year-old male. Severe craniofacial trauma. | 27岁男性 严重颅面创伤 |
[04:44] | Non-responsive. Breathing’s shallow. | 没有反应 呼吸微弱 |
[04:45] | Need an airway cart and ICP bolt set-up. | 需要气道急救车和颅内压螺栓装置 |
[04:48] | He get hit by a car? | 他被车撞了吗 |
[04:49] | His front tire got caught in a drain grate. | 他的前轮胎卡在下水道格栅里了 |
[04:50] | Flew over the handlebars and crashed face-first into the curb. | 整个人从车把上飞过去 脸朝下摔到路边 |
[04:53] | His mouth is full of blood. | 嘴里全是血 |
[04:54] | We need to secure his airway before we lose it. | 我们得在他窒息之前保持呼吸道畅通 |
[05:11] | I need to get a brain and face CT. | 我需要做个脑部和面部CT |
[05:13] | We’re also going to need 3-D CT recon scans. | 我们还需要做三维重建CT扫描 |
[05:18] | To create a stereolithographic model of the two… | 来制作立体光刻模型 用于他所要做的两个手术 |
[05:21] | Actually three surgeries he’ll need | 实际上 是三个手术 |
[05:23] | to repair his mandible, nasal bones, frontal sinus, | 来修复他的下颌骨 鼻骨 额窦 |
[05:25] | and skull and the orbital blowout fractures. | 颅骨 以及眼眶爆裂性骨折 |
[05:27] | Damn. That’s gonna be awesome. | 靠 那太棒了 |
[05:31] | That we get to help him. | 因为我们能够帮到他 |
[05:36] | It’s also going to be some very cool surgeries. | 这也会是几场很酷的手术 |
[05:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:58] | Surgery number one will be a creation of a submental airway. | 第一台手术是颏下的气道创建 |
[06:01] | The new soap smells awful | 新的肥皂真不好闻 |
[06:02] | and it takes too long to rinse. | 而且冲洗时间太长 |
[06:04] | – Do you agree? – I like it. | -你觉得呢 -我挺喜欢的 |
[06:05] | Surgery number two will be an ORIF | 第二台手术是ORIF[切开复位内固定术] |
[06:07] | to repair his nasoorbitoethmoid frontal bone and sinus fractures. | 以修复他的鼻腔前骨和鼻窦骨折 |
[06:10] | And the jet air hand dryers are too loud, | 喷气干手机声音太大了 |
[06:12] | and they aerosolize germs, increasing their spread. | 并且它们雾化细菌 加大了细菌的传播 |
[06:15] | They’re better for the environment, | 它们更环保 |
[06:17] | and if you’ve washed properly, | 并且如果你洗得好的话 |
[06:18] | there shouldn’t be any germs to spread. | 不应该会有细菌传播 |
[06:20] | Okay, you’re wrong. | 好的 你错了 |
[06:20] | I’ll show you the research before I talk to Salen. | 在我找萨伦谈之前先给你看看资料 |
[06:23] | The third and final surgery will be ORIF | 第三台 也就是最后一台手术是 |
[06:25] | of the bilateral mandible fractures, ZMC, | 双下颌骨骨折 颧上颌复合体 |
[06:27] | and complex repair of all orbital fractures | 以及复杂的眼眶骨折修复的ORIF |
[06:29] | with free tissue transfer, customized miniplates, | 使用游离组织移植 定制微型板 |
[06:30] | and PEEK implants. | 和聚醚醚酮植入物 |
[06:32] | This is gonna be awesome. | 这会爽翻天啊 |
[06:33] | You’re gonna talk to Salen about the hand dryers? | 你要去跟萨伦谈谈干手机的事吗 |
[06:36] | And the soap and scrubs. | 还有肥皂和手术服 |
[06:38] | Start prepping him for the submental airway | 开始准备他的颏下气道术 |
[06:40] | while I brief Dr. Lim. | 与此同时我去报告林医生 |
[06:46] | There’s new soap? | 有新肥皂吗 |
[06:53] | The device was implanted into my skull two years ago. | 这个装置在两年前被植入到我的颅骨中 |
[06:56] | And you’re still experiencing the seizures. | 而你还是会癫痫发作 |
[06:58] | No. | 不 |
[06:59] | For the first time in my life, I’m able to go on walks alone, | 有生以来第一次 我能够独立行走 |
[07:02] | drive a car, actually interact with clients at work. | 开车 在工作中与客户进行实际互动 |
[07:06] | Well, if it’s working so well, | 如果它效果这么好 |
[07:07] | why does Dr. Karlson want to take it out? | 为什么卡尔森医生要把它拿出来 |
[07:09] | The company that made the implant | 制作这个植入装置的公司 |
[07:11] | wants to turn it off. | 想让它停止运行 |
[07:14] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[07:16] | They can’t force her to have it removed. | 他们不能强迫她把它取出来 |
[07:17] | Yeah, but they can stop the software updates it needs to work, | 是的 但他们可以停止更新运行中的软件 |
[07:20] | which could make her seizures even worse. | 这会让她的癫痫更加严重 |
[07:23] | The implant’s an experimental prototype. | 这个植入物是个实验样机 |
[07:25] | Worked only for a tiny percentage of patients, | 只对一小部分患者有用 |
[07:27] | which makes it not profitable enough to continue support. | 因此没有足够的利润来继续支持它 |
[07:30] | – That’s absurd. – It’s evil. | -这太荒唐了 -太罪恶了 |
[07:32] | It’s capitalism. | 这就是资本主义 |
[07:35] | Karlson’s right. It has to come out. | 卡尔森是对的 必须要把它取出来 |
[07:36] | But he’s wrong that going back to the old meds | 但所谓最好的治疗方法是用回以前的药 |
[07:38] | is her best treatment option. | 这一点他就错了 |
[07:40] | What if we swapped the RNS device | 如果我们把反应性神经电刺激装置 |
[07:42] | for a vagal nerve stimulator? | 换成迷走神经刺激器呢 |
[07:43] | She already had one. Didn’t work. | 她已经有一个了 不起作用 |
[07:45] | I was thinking laser interstitial thermal therapy. | 我在考虑激光间质热疗法 |
[07:49] | Would only be partially effective. | 只对部分有效 |
[07:51] | She was having 50 seizures a day. | 她一天犯五十次癫痫 |
[07:52] | “Partially” can make a big difference in her life. | 「部分」也可以极大地改变她的生活 |
[07:55] | Not big enough. | 并不够 |
[07:57] | What about combining multiple subpial transections | 将运动性语言中枢内的多处软膜下横纤维切断术 |
[08:01] | within the eloquent cortex with intraoperative ECoG | 与术中脑皮层脑电图监测结合起来怎么样 |
[08:05] | to resect the adjacent seizure focus? | 用于切除邻近的癫痫灶 |
[08:07] | That would be complex, | 那会很复杂 |
[08:09] | and being even a few millimeters off target | 离目标偏差只有几毫米 |
[08:11] | could leave her a hemiplegic. | 都会让她偏瘫 |
[08:13] | Could happen… If another surgeon was doing it. | 有可能会 如果是其他外科医生做的话 |
[08:17] | I’m confident with you at the helm, we can pull it off. | 我相信有你主刀 我们会成功 |
[08:24] | Trying to “manage up” | 想「教我做事」 |
[08:26] | is not the way to get an idea approved by me. | 这可不是让我认同你的主意的方法 |
[08:29] | But I’ll never turn down a good idea | 但我从不因为表达方式很烂 |
[08:31] | because it was presented poorly. | 就否决一个好的想法 |
[08:35] | And it’s actually a great idea. | 并且这确实是个很好的想法 |
[08:52] | 玛西·墨菲 斯普鲁斯街4526号 卡斯珀 怀俄明州 82604 | |
[09:12] | I see you’ve scheduled a surgery | 我看到你安排了一个 |
[09:14] | that has no billing code | 没有账单代码的手术 |
[09:15] | because it’s never been done before. | 因为之前从来没做过 |
[09:17] | Yes, the client consented, | 是的 客户同意了 |
[09:18] | and we’ve already gotten insurance pre-approval. | 而且我们已经得到了保险预批准 |
[09:21] | Fantastic. Have you also run it past legal? | 太棒了 你们也做过合法调查了吗 |
[09:25] | Why would we do that? | 我们为什么要那样 |
[09:26] | Because we could get sued and it sounds risky. | 因为我们可能会被起诉 这听起来很冒险 |
[09:30] | Is there a Plan B? | 有备用方案吗 |
[09:31] | – There isn’t a comparable option. – Not even remotely? | -没有类似的其他选择 -不类似也没有吗 |
[09:34] | Well, as is usually the case, there is a less risky option, | 和平常一样 有一个风险更小的选择 |
[09:37] | but would also be less effective. | 但效果也会降低 |
[09:40] | Seems better to start with an approach | 看来最好从减小 |
[09:41] | that leaves us with less liability. | 我们负债这个方法开始 |
[09:46] | But as long as it’s covered by insurance… | 但只要有保险覆盖 |
[09:49] | It’s your call. | 这你们说了算 |
[09:52] | That was weird. | 那可真奇怪 |
[09:54] | More like totally inappropriate. | 更像是完全不着边际 |
[09:56] | Hold up. | 等一下 |
[09:58] | She’s not even a doctor. | 她甚至都不是个医生 |
[09:59] | She is our boss. | 她是我们的老板 |
[10:00] | So we’re gonna tell the patient, | 所以我们难道要去告诉患者 |
[10:02] | “Sorry, that surgery we just told you about isn’t happening” | 「抱歉 刚刚通知你的手术不能进行了 |
[10:04] | “because we’re afraid you’ll sue us”? | 因为我们担心你会起诉我们」 |
[10:06] | No. We’re gonna do exactly as we planned | 不 我们让萨伦同意后 |
[10:09] | after we get Salen on board. | 就按原计划进行 |
[10:10] | – Salen needs to stay in her lane. – No, you do. | -萨伦需要管好自己的事 -不 是你 |
[10:13] | We’ve got time, right? | 我们还有时间 对吧 |
[10:15] | There’s no harm in you and I doing a bit more research | 在他和萨伦沟通的时候 |
[10:17] | while he works on Salen. | 我们多研究一下也无妨 |
[10:19] | Keep me posted. | 及时跟我汇报 |
[10:23] | Great, let me just finish this up, | 很好 让我把这个弄完 |
[10:24] | and then I can meet you in 10. | 然后我们十分钟后见 |
[10:26] | You’ve got a client scheduled for three surgeries, | 你有一个客户要做三台手术 |
[10:28] | one of which includes custom prefabricated | 其中一个用到定制的 |
[10:30] | polyetheretherketone implants. | 预制聚醚醚酮植入物 |
[10:33] | All this for a guy who fell of his bike? | 所有这些就为了一个从自行车上摔下来的人 |
[10:35] | Actually, better make that 20. Mmm-hmm. | 实际上 最好是二十分钟后 |
[10:38] | He didn’t fall, he crashed face-first | 他不是单纯的摔倒 是脸朝下 |
[10:40] | into a cement curb at over 30 miles an hour. | 以每小时48公里的速度撞向水泥路边 |
[10:43] | And PEEK implants are the gold standard for facial reconstruction. | 聚醚醚酮植入物是面部重建的黄金标准 |
[10:47] | Hmm, no doubt. | 难怪 |
[10:48] | Problem is, your client’s got Aluminum insurance, | 问题是 你的客户是铝级保险 |
[10:50] | so anything that’s not fully covered we can’t offer him. | 那么我们不能提供任何 没有全面覆盖的东西 |
[10:54] | He can’t be transferred. There’s too much brain edema. | 他不能转院 脑水肿太严重了 |
[10:57] | And without the PEEK, he’ll have vision deficiencies | 没有聚醚醚酮 他会有视力缺陷 |
[10:59] | and difficulty eating solid food. | 并且难以进食固体食物 |
[11:01] | Mmm. That’s unfortunate. | 那真够倒霉的 |
[11:05] | W… | 什 |
[11:06] | I seem to remember this impassioned speech | 我好像还记得你那个充满激情的演讲 |
[11:09] | about how your struggles with healthcare | 关于你在医疗问题上的斗争 |
[11:10] | inspired you to start Ethicure | 是如何激励了你创办爱思医疗 |
[11:12] | and how dedicated you were to improving the system. | 以及你是如何努力地改善这个系统的 |
[11:15] | For people who make responsible choices. | 是为了那些做出负责选择的人们 |
[11:18] | He’s an adult with a good job | 他是一个有着体面工作的成年人 |
[11:20] | who thought a $10,000 European road bike | 他认为一辆一万美元的欧洲公路自行车 |
[11:22] | was a better investment | 比一份健康保险 |
[11:23] | than a premium health insurance plan. | 更值得投资 |
[11:25] | He was wrong. | 他错了 |
[11:27] | And decisions have consequences. | 选择决定后果 |
[11:38] | 亚伦·格拉斯曼医生 院长 | |
[11:38] | Salen won’t let us … | 萨伦不让我们 |
[11:41] | Can I help you? | 请问需要帮忙吗 |
[11:43] | Oh, hello. Where’s Nicole? | 你好 妮可在哪里 |
[11:44] | She’s been reassigned. | 她被调职了 |
[11:45] | I’m Ellen, Aaron’s new executive aide. | 我是艾伦 亚伦的新行政助理 |
[11:47] | And he’s unavailable at the moment. | 他现在没空 |
[11:50] | – Can I … – Where is he? | -我可以 -他在哪 |
[11:51] | As I said, he’s unavailable. | 我说了 他没空 |
[11:53] | Can I take a message? | 要留言吗 |
[11:54] | Yes. Salen told Dr. Lim | 好 萨伦跟林医生说 |
[11:55] | everything we do needs to be covered by insurance, | 我们所做的一切都得有保险覆盖 |
[11:57] | so Dr. Lim told me to prep our patient for his first surgery | 所以林医生要我去准备病患的第一场手术 |
[11:59] | while she ties to get the polyetheretherketone implants covered. | 同时她想把聚醚醚酮植入物纳入保险覆盖 |
[12:04] | Was that two “ethers”? Is there a space? | 有两个「醚」吗 中间有空格吗 |
[12:06] | Okay, Dr. Glassman needs to change things back | 好吧 格拉斯曼医生需要把事情 |
[12:09] | to the way they were before. | 恢复原状 |
[12:13] | Okay, I’ll make sure he gets that message. | 好的 我会转告他的 |
[12:14] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:16] | And, uh, what’s your name? | 那 你叫什么名字 |
[12:17] | Dr. Shaun Murphy. | 肖恩·莫菲医生 |
[12:20] | Dr. Glassman will know if you just say Shaun. | 你说肖恩 格拉斯曼医生就知道了 |
[12:30] | You try drinking every meal for the rest of your life through a straw. | 你试试今后每顿饭都用吸管喝 |
[12:35] | No, no, don’t put me on hold. | 别别 别挂电话 |
[12:38] | Your day going any better? | 你今天过得还好吗 |
[12:40] | Park and I just spent two hours debating the merits | 朴和我刚用了两个小时讨论那个 |
[12:42] | of surgeries neither of us believes we should do | 我们都不认为该做的手术的优点 |
[12:44] | because I already came up with | 因为我已经想出来一个 |
[12:46] | what Andrews thinks is a “great idea.” | 安德鲁斯所认为的「好主意」 |
[12:48] | But Salen thinks it’s too risky, | 但萨伦觉得太冒险 |
[12:50] | and Andrews won’t do anything | 没有她的全力支持 |
[12:52] | without her unqualified support. | 安德鲁斯什么都不会做 |
[12:55] | So you’re mad because your boss likes your idea | 所以你生气是因为你老板喜欢你的点子 |
[12:59] | and wants to do it but won’t do it right away. | 并且想做 但不是现在做 |
[13:02] | Think maybe your real problem | 我觉得也许你真正的问题是 |
[13:03] | is that you’re not used to having a boss? | 不习惯有上司 |
[13:07] | Could you try not being right all the time? | 你能试着不要永远正确吗 |
[13:19] | Your pushback forced me to think of this differently. | 你的反对迫使我换个角度考虑这个问题 |
[13:24] | Magnetoencephalography. | 脑磁图描记术 |
[13:26] | Brain scan before the surgery. | 在手术前进行脑部扫描 |
[13:30] | It’ll help give us an accurate picture | 这能帮助我们找到 |
[13:31] | of where Jenna’s seizures are starting. | 珍娜癫痫发作的确切位置 |
[13:33] | And we may be able to do the surgery | 也许我们可以完全使用激光消融术来 |
[13:34] | entirely using laser ablation, | 做这个手术 |
[13:36] | which would significantly reduce the risk. | 这能大大降低风险 |
[13:39] | Cool. | 不错 |
[13:41] | Let me know what you find out. | 有发现就告诉我 |
[13:45] | Marcus. | 马库斯 |
[13:47] | Thanks for coming to me. | 谢谢你来找我 |
[13:58] | I’m gonna have to go with “Vitality Puffs.” | 我选「活力泡芙」 |
[14:04] | How’s wedding planning going? | 婚礼安排得怎么样了 |
[14:05] | Not bad. | 还行 |
[14:07] | Ugh, tastes like a toenail dusted with stevia. | 味道像沾了甜菊糖的脚指甲 |
[14:11] | And “not bad” sounds pretty bad. | 而且「还行」听着挺糟糕的 |
[14:14] | When I went to mail the Save the Dates this morning, | 我今天早上去寄喜帖时 |
[14:17] | I found one addressed to Shaun’s mom, | 发现有一张地址是肖恩的妈妈 |
[14:19] | who he hasn’t talked to since his dad died. | 他爸爸去世后他就没跟她联系过 |
[14:21] | Could be messy. | 是挺麻烦的 |
[14:22] | I want the day to be about our future, not the past. | 我希望这一天会开启我们的未来 而不是过去 |
[14:25] | I don’t want to reopen old wounds | 我不想揭开旧伤口 |
[14:27] | and, and risk him melting down right before I walk down the aisle. | 也不想冒「我还没步上红毯他就崩溃」的风险 |
[14:32] | I sound so selfish. | 我听起来很自私 |
[14:33] | I should just send it. | 我应该把它寄出去的 |
[14:34] | You do sound selfish. | 你听起来确实很自私 |
[14:36] | Which is fine. It’s your wedding. | 但没关系 这是你的婚礼 |
[14:38] | But it’s his wedding, too. | 但这也是他的婚礼 |
[14:40] | And do you think he’d hesitate to tell you | 那你觉得如果他不想让你妈妈参加婚礼 |
[14:41] | – if he didn’t want your mom there? – No. | -他会犹豫要不要告诉你吗 -不会 |
[14:44] | But he’s already so stressed with all the changes here. | 但他已经因为这里的变化压力很大了 |
[14:47] | You’ve never handled Shaun with kid gloves. | 你从来都没有对肖恩小心呵护过 |
[14:50] | No need to start coddling him now. | 现在也没必要照顾他的情绪 |
[14:54] | Do you fart in front of Shaun? | 你在肖恩面前放过屁吗 |
[14:57] | Uh, doesn’t everyone stop holding them in | 不是人人都在第三次约会之后 |
[15:00] | after, like, the third date? | 就不憋屁了吗 |
[15:02] | I like to be seen as sexy. It keeps the spark alive. | 我想保持性感 让爱情的火花持久燃烧 |
[15:06] | When I first moved in with Shaun, | 我刚搬去肖恩家时 |
[15:08] | I convinced him to order in atomic wings, | 我说服他订了泰国辣鸡翅 |
[15:11] | and I got terrible diarrhea. | 然后我拉肚子拉得特别厉害 |
[15:13] | But Shaun prescribed the perfect mixture | 但肖恩给我开了个完美处方 |
[15:15] | of Pepto and ginger root. | 就是佩托加生姜 |
[15:17] | It was disgusting, but I was also totally vulnerable, | 拉肚子特别恶心 但我也变得特别脆弱 |
[15:21] | and that can be a turn-on, too. | 这也能激起他的性欲 |
[15:24] | Not in the moment. | 不仅是那一刻 |
[15:26] | Long term. | 而是长期的 |
[15:27] | But you think the man | 不过你觉得那个 |
[15:28] | who happily helped you with your explosive diarrhea | 乐于帮你治疗腹泻的男人 |
[15:30] | can’t handle your opinion about his estranged mom? | 会不能接受你对他不联系的妈妈的看法吗 |
[15:38] | So this is where you’re hiding. | 原来你躲在这里 |
[15:41] | It’s my home. It’s not a safe house. | 这是我的家 不是安全屋 |
[15:45] | Your home that has a phone you’re refusing to answer. | 你家里有你不愿意接的电话 |
[15:50] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[15:51] | Yeah, I’m good. I’m great. | 对 我很好 好得不得了 |
[15:52] | Always wanted a bit more time to perfect my dovetails. | 一直想多花点时间来完善我的楔形榫 |
[15:59] | I have an issue with a patient’s insurance company. | 我跟一位患者的保险公司出了点问题 |
[16:04] | Could use some presidential clout. | 需要借用一点院长的影响力 |
[16:06] | I have presidential clout? | 我有院长的影响力吗 |
[16:10] | Do you even want to know what the problem is? | 你想知道是什么问题吗 |
[16:12] | You want to do everything you can for an underinsured patient, | 你想尽最大努力救治保额不足的病人 |
[16:15] | and Salen wants to do as little as possible | 而萨伦却想让无力承担费用的病患 |
[16:18] | for a client who can’t pay. | 尽可能少做治疗 |
[16:21] | Okay, fine. | 好 行 |
[16:22] | I’ll call the insurance company, but it’s not gonna help, | 我会给保险公司打电话 但没有用 |
[16:24] | and Salen will come down on you like a bat out of a barn. | 萨伦会像蝙蝠冲出谷仓一样冲过来找你麻烦 |
[16:30] | Since when are you so defeatist? | 你什么时候变得这么消沉 |
[16:32] | Since I was defeated. | 自从我被打败之后 |
[16:46] | You have a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[16:50] | Yes. | 有 |
[16:57] | When I went to mail the Save the Date cards, I… | 我去寄喜帖时 我… |
[16:59] | It won’t work. | 这不行 |
[17:01] | There’s nothing as good as the PEEK. | 没有跟聚醚醚酮一样好的材料 |
[17:04] | Shaun, could you take a break for just a minute? | 肖恩 你能休息一小会吗 |
[17:09] | We agreed we would each make | 我们说好了各自写 |
[17:11] | our own invite lists, but I’m… | 自己想邀请的宾客名单 但我… |
[17:13] | Everything is worse. | 一切都变得更糟了 |
[17:15] | The dryers are loud and distracting, | 干手机很吵又让人分心 |
[17:17] | the soap smells terrible, | 肥皂很难闻 |
[17:18] | and I can’t properly repair my patient’s face. | 而且我没法很好地修复病患的脸 |
[17:27] | You’re brilliant. | 你是天才 |
[17:29] | You’ll figure it out. | 你会有办法的 |
[17:33] | It’s time to go stabilize his airway. | 该去稳定他的气道了 |
[17:48] | We’re gonna turn off the implant | 我们得把植入的设备关掉 |
[17:49] | so we can get a look at your brain | 才能在你癫痫发作时 |
[17:51] | while you’re having a seizure. | 观察你的大脑 |
[17:53] | It’s gonna help us figure out the safest surgical approach. | 这将帮我们找到最安全的手术方法 |
[18:10] | Got the submental airway stable. | 颏下气道已经稳定了 |
[18:11] | Let’s close. | 我们缝合吧 |
[18:12] | 2-0 vicryls. | 2-0薇乔线 |
[18:15] | Do you want the air conditioning turned up, Murphy? | 要把空调打开吗 莫菲 |
[18:17] | Yes, please. | 要 拜托 |
[18:18] | It’s already freezing in here. | 这里已经冷死了 |
[18:19] | I’m wearing long underwear | 我穿了长秋裤 |
[18:21] | so I won’t feel the synthetic scrubs against my skin. | 所以感觉不到化纤手术服摩擦皮肤 |
[18:23] | Placing a stay suture. | 进行加强缝合 |
[18:25] | And the elastic ankles ride up my legs. | 而且弹性裤脚缩到腿上去了 |
[18:28] | Careful, don’t want to put too much tension. | 小心 我不想让你太紧张 |
[18:30] | You all must agree the new scrubs | 你们一定都同意新的手术服 |
[18:32] | are incredibly uncomfortable. | 超级不舒服 |
[18:34] | Maybe a bit, but they do look better on me. | 可能有点 但我觉得还行 |
[18:37] | Oh, I kind of like them, too. | 我也挺喜欢的 |
[18:40] | I think the new scrubs | 我觉得新手术服 |
[18:41] | are the least offensive change Ethicure’s made. | 是爱思医疗所做的改变中最不让人讨厌的了 |
[18:43] | Oh, yes, the hand dryers are worse. | 对 干手机更糟 |
[18:46] | I hear they’re shrinking the chapel | 我听说他们要缩小教堂 |
[18:48] | to make room for VIP birthing suites. | 给贵宾生育套房腾地方 |
[18:50] | Well, they can invest the profit in patient care. | 好吧 他们可以把利润投资在对病患的治疗上 |
[18:53] | Having a place for families to pray | 有个地方给家属们做祷告 |
[18:55] | is an investment in patient care. | 也是对病患治疗的投资 |
[18:57] | It’s not a good one. | 不算好投资 |
[18:58] | Encouraging people to waste their time | 鼓励人们浪费时间去 |
[19:00] | begging some magic man in the sky for help? | 祈求天上的某位神仙帮忙吗 |
[19:03] | That’s not a good use of finite resources. | 这不是在充分地利用有限的资源 |
[19:05] | Silk ties. | 打结 |
[19:10] | What if we didn’t need three surgeries? | 如果我们不需要做三个手术呢 |
[19:11] | What if we could do it in two? | 如果我们做两个手术就能搞定呢 |
[19:13] | We could contour mesh ourselves | 我们可以自己做轮廓线网 |
[19:15] | and use an SCA flap instead of a free tissue transfer. | 使用锁骨上动脉瓣来代替游离组织瓣移植 |
[19:17] | That will let us fix the upper and midface, orbit, | 这样我们就可以一次性修复面部的上部和 |
[19:20] | and mandible all at the same time. | 中部 眼眶和下颚 |
[19:22] | That would be a much more risky surgery | 这个手术风险更大 |
[19:25] | and still doesn’t get the PEEK implants covered. | 而且保险还是不覆盖聚醚醚酮植入物的费用 |
[19:28] | It would save us almost $90,000. | 这能帮我们省下九万美元 |
[19:30] | Which could cover the cost of the PEEK. | 从而填补聚醚醚酮的支出 |
[19:32] | Salen wouldn’t have a problem | 如果总支出保持不变 |
[19:33] | if the total cost remains the same. | 萨伦就不会有意见了 |
[19:35] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[19:37] | Like the entrepreneurial spirit. | 我喜欢这种企业家精神 |
[19:40] | Can someone wipe the sweat off my forehead? | 谁能帮我擦掉额头上的汗 |
[19:53] | Her previous seizure frequency was 50 a day, | 她之前的癫痫发作频率是每天五十次 |
[19:56] | so we should be seeing what we need within the next… | 所以下次发作时我们应该看看我们需要什么 |
[19:58] | She’s seizing. | 她癫痫发作了 |
[20:00] | …two seconds. | 两秒 |
[20:03] | Two epileptogenic zones. | 两处致痫区域 |
[20:04] | – Three. – Four. | -三处 -四处 |
[20:07] | Her seizures have gotten worse | 自从移植了那个设备后 |
[20:08] | since the device was implanted. | 她的癫痫变严重了 |
[20:10] | And your great surgical idea just got even riskier. | 而且你伟大的手术计划变得风险更高了 |
[20:21] | Maybe Salen was right. It is too risky. | 也许萨伦是对的 这太冒险了 |
[20:24] | No. With 50 of those a day, | 不 如果癫痫每天发作五十次 |
[20:26] | she’ll have to quit her job, | 她只能辞去工作 |
[20:27] | stop seeing her friends. | 不能再见朋友 |
[20:29] | She needs this, and we can still do it. | 她需要手术 而且我们还是可以做 |
[20:32] | We have a client who needs surgery even more than we thought | 这位客户对这个手术的需求超出我们的想象 |
[20:34] | and a boss who was worried about the risks | 而我们的老板对风险的担心 |
[20:36] | that are worse than we thought. | 也超出了我们的想象 |
[20:38] | So who’s it gonna be, the boss or the patient? | 那我们选谁 老板还是病患 |
[20:43] | I reject your premise. | 我反对这样选择 |
[20:45] | We can still do your surgery, | 我们还是可以做这个手术 |
[20:47] | and I’ll get Salen to support it. | 但我要让萨伦支持我们 |
[20:50] | Are you afraid of Salen? | 你怕萨伦吗 |
[20:52] | No, I’m not afraid. It’s her hospital. | 不 我不怕 这是她的医院 |
[20:54] | Then you need to come back to work | 那你就得回来工作 |
[20:56] | and help me stop her from making all these terrible changes. | 帮我阻止她进行这些可怕的改变 |
[20:58] | What I need to do is stomp on grapes. | 我现在要做的是踩葡萄 |
[21:00] | I’m gonna stomp grapes and, and make Zinfandel, | 我要踩葡萄 然后做出馨芳葡萄酒 |
[21:04] | a jammy and peppery Zinfandel. | 有果酱味而又辛辣的馨芳葡萄酒 |
[21:06] | – They’re very hard to come by. – Okay. | -这种味道很难得 -好 |
[21:09] | Looks very unpleasant. | 看着很恶心 |
[21:11] | It’s really not. It’s really a lot of fun. | 是不好看 但真的很好玩 |
[21:13] | You want to try? | 你想试试吗 |
[21:14] | Mmm… No. | 不 |
[21:16] | It’s just grapes. You like grapes. | 只不过是葡萄而已 你喜欢葡萄 |
[21:18] | Not to walk on. | 不喜欢踩在上面 |
[21:20] | Why don’t you jump in and give it a try? | 跳进来试试吧 |
[21:22] | If you don’t like it, then you can step right on out again. | 如果你不喜欢 你可以再跨出去 |
[21:26] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[21:28] | Take off your shoes and socks. | 脱掉鞋袜 |
[21:30] | Roll up your pants. | 卷起裤脚 |
[21:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:39] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[21:44] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[21:49] | Whoop. There you go. | 就是这样 |
[21:53] | There you go. | 就是这样 |
[21:56] | Just … No, no, no. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 就…不不不 等等 等等 |
[21:58] | – Get into a rhythm. – Okay. | -有节奏地踩 -好 |
[22:00] | Okay, ready? One and two. | 好 准备好了吗 一 二 |
[22:02] | Hold on. One, two. | 停下 一 二 |
[22:05] | One, two. | 一 二 |
[22:07] | One, two. | 一 二 |
[22:10] | Now one and a-two. | 好 一 二 |
[22:12] | No, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[22:13] | – No, it’s okay. – No! No! | -别 没事的 -不 不 |
[22:15] | – No, I got you. I… Don’t do that. – No, I… | -不 有我在 别这样 -不 我… |
[22:17] | No, thank you. I told you I don’t like it, | 不 谢了 我说过我不喜欢这样 |
[22:20] | and I don’t believe you like it, either. | 而且我也不相信你会喜欢 |
[22:28] | You don’t love tying flies or woodworking | 你不喜欢绑鱼饵或做木工 |
[22:32] | or walking on grapes. | 也不喜欢踩葡萄 |
[22:34] | But you used to love doing your job. | 但你以前很喜欢你的工作 |
[22:55] | I hear I’m not the only one with a Salen problem. | 我听说我不是唯一有「萨伦问题」的人 |
[22:58] | – And I hear Jordan solved yours. – This time. | -而且我听说乔丹解决了你的问题 -这次是的 |
[23:00] | She’s not unreasonable. Just has other priorities. | 她不是不讲理 只是有其他更重要的事 |
[23:03] | She has one priority, making money. | 她只有一件最重要的事 赚钱 |
[23:06] | People play the roles you cast them in. | 人们会扮演你为他们设定的角色 |
[23:08] | Make her an adversary, that’s how she’ll act. | 把别人当成对手 这就是她的行为方式 |
[23:11] | That why you cast Mateo in the role of resident? | 所以你让马蒂奥扮演住院医师的角色 |
[23:13] | Hoping he’ll play along? | 希望他会配合 |
[23:16] | If your boyfriend has a problem | 如果你男友对 |
[23:17] | with the way I’m managing our client, or him, | 我管理客户或他的方式有意见 |
[23:20] | he can speak to me directly. | 可以直接跟我说 |
[23:25] | Rendon and Andrews, two alphas. | 伦东和安德鲁斯都很大男子主义 |
[23:27] | How’s that going? | 相处得如何 |
[23:28] | Gas still keeping you up? | 放屁的事还是让你睡不着 |
[23:31] | If you want to keep a secret, don’t talk about it at work. | 如果你想保密 就别在工作时谈论它 |
[23:35] | I’ve seen the lacy bras you’ve been wearing | 我发现自从马蒂奥出现后 |
[23:37] | since Mateo showed up. | 你就一直穿蕾丝胸罩 |
[23:38] | You obviously agree with the importance | 你显然同意 |
[23:40] | of maintaining sex appeal. | 保持性感的重要性 |
[23:42] | Undergarments are a choice. Digestion isn’t. | 内衣是一种选择 而消化产生的气体不是 |
[23:45] | But you can choose when and where to let ’em rip. | 但你可以选择在何时何地放屁 |
[23:47] | This isn’t about farts. | 这不是放屁的问题 |
[23:49] | You’re afraid that Park won’t be as turned on by the real you | 你害怕真实的你不能像一开始跟朴睡的那个 |
[23:53] | as he is by the facade he started sleeping with. | 装模作样的你一样激起他的性欲 |
[24:03] | Hey. Clever idea in the OR. | 你在手术室里出的主意很高明 |
[24:04] | Wish it had been mine. | 真希望是我想出来的 |
[24:06] | Of course, surgery won’t be | 当然 这个手术不会像 |
[24:07] | as fun as Shaun’s would have been, but still. | 肖恩说的那个那么有趣 但还是 |
[24:10] | What? | 什么 |
[24:10] | You must think I’m pretty stupid | 你一定觉得我很傻 |
[24:11] | to waste my time talking to “A magic man.” | 浪费时间跟「某位神仙」聊天 |
[24:14] | I-I don’t think you’re stupid, | 我不觉得你傻 |
[24:16] | but I do think praying is a waste of time. | 但我确实觉得祷告是浪费时间 |
[24:19] | It’s just my opinion. | 这只是我的观点 |
[24:21] | Doesn’t make it any less offensive. | 我还是觉得你那么说很过分 |
[24:23] | Look, I’m sorry that you’re offended. | 听着 我很抱歉冒犯了你 |
[24:26] | That’s not an apology. | 这不是道歉 |
[24:27] | And I’m sorry that you’re upset that I won’t apologize | 我不会为说祷告者毫无意义而道歉 |
[24:30] | for saying prayer is pointless, but… It is. | 很抱歉这让你难过 但事实就是如此 |
[24:35] | So you’re gonna double down. | 所以你还要双重打击 |
[24:36] | If you’re going to insist on… | 如果你坚持… |
[24:43] | We need O-neg, a central line kit, | 我们需要O型阴性血 中心静脉包 |
[24:45] | fluids, pressers, and broad-spectrum antibiotics. | 静脉注射液 升压药和广谱抗生素 |
[24:49] | He’s in hemorrhagic shock. The wound’s infected. | 他是失血性休克 伤口感染了 |
[24:58] | We can’t risk combining surgeries now. | 现在我们没法冒险把三个手术合并成两个了 |
[25:00] | Risk of septic shock is too high. | 感染性休克的风险太高了 |
[25:02] | Our plan won’t work. | 我们的计划行不通 |
[25:04] | Maybe if we wait? | 如果我们再等等呢 |
[25:06] | Once the antibiotics have cleared the infection … | 一旦抗生素清除了感染 |
[25:07] | He doesn’t have time. | 他没时间了 |
[25:10] | We need to reduce the deformities before they ossify, | 我们得在组织僵化前减少畸形 |
[25:14] | and my original plan was better. | 而且我原来的计划更好 |
[25:17] | But Salen won’t let us do that. We need something new. | 但萨伦不让我们做 我们需要点新东西 |
[25:20] | Like a… – miracle, maybe | 比如奇迹 也许 |
[25:23] | – I thought we were friends. – We are. | -我以前以为我们是朋友 -我们现在也是 |
[25:25] | Then why do you keep going out of your way | 那你为什么还要不厌其烦地 |
[25:27] | to insult the things that matter to me? | 贬低我在乎的东西 |
[25:28] | I’m not offended by your devotion to religion. | 你对宗教的虔诚并没有冒犯到我 |
[25:31] | Why should you be offended by my devotion to atheism? | 为什么我对无神论的坚持会冒犯到你 |
[25:33] | – That’s not even the same thing. – Stop talking. | -那根本不是一回事 -别说话了 |
[25:35] | You’re wasting time on an irrelevant issue | 你们把时间浪费在无关的事上 |
[25:37] | and distracting me. | 还让我分心 |
[25:40] | Mmm, but constantly fussing about the scrubs | 但不断抱怨手术服和 |
[25:43] | and the soap in the bathrooms is relevant? | 洗手间的肥皂也是无关的事 |
[25:46] | Nice, Asher. Trivialize his autism. | 真有你的 亚舍 故意忽视他的自闭症 |
[25:49] | Because you haven’t offended enough people. | 因为你冒犯的人还不够多 |
[25:50] | ASD doesn’t make me irrational. | 自闭症并不会让我失去理智 |
[25:53] | The changes are objectively worse, okay? | 一切都变糟了是客观事实 好吗 |
[25:58] | I’m sorry, Shaun. | 对不起 肖恩 |
[26:03] | See? | 看到了吗 |
[26:04] | How hard was that? | 道歉有多难 |
[26:12] | A retired neurosurgeon taking up woodworking’s cute. | 退休的神经外科医生开始做木工是可爱 |
[26:16] | Winemaking’s a sad cliche. | 酿酒是伤感的老一套 |
[26:17] | But abstract painting? | 但抽象画 |
[26:20] | That’s a cry for help. | 那是在呼救 |
[26:21] | Jealous? | 嫉妒了 |
[26:23] | No. | 不 |
[26:24] | But props. You clearly outfoxed Salen. | 但很佩服你 你显然蒙过了萨伦 |
[26:28] | What’d you give her? | 你给了她什么 |
[26:29] | Anything I might be able to trade? | 也许我也可以跟她做交易 |
[26:30] | You thought coming to my house and insulting me | 你觉得到我家里来羞辱我 |
[26:32] | was a good intro to asking for help? | 这是寻求帮助应该用的开场白吗 |
[26:35] | You’d be helping a woman with a severe seizure disorder. | 你是在帮助一位患有严重癫痫症的女性 |
[26:38] | Doing it for the desperate patient | 为了绝望的病人跑来求我 |
[26:39] | seems more believable coming from Lim. | 更像是利姆会做的事 |
[26:43] | Is the surgery covered by insurance? | 保险能覆盖手术的费用吗 |
[26:45] | – Yes. – Okay, then Salen can’t stop you. | -能 -好 那萨伦没法阻止你 |
[26:47] | Which you obviously already knew, | 你显然早就知道这一点 |
[26:48] | so this isn’t about helping a patient. | 所以这不是为了帮助病人 |
[26:50] | It’s about getting help to keep the new boss off your back. | 而是为了让新老板别再来烦你 |
[26:55] | You’re an accomplished professional. | 你是个很有成就的专业人士 |
[26:56] | You can handle it yourself. | 你可以自己解决的 |
[27:03] | What’s this supposed to be, anyway? | 不过这应该是个啥 |
[27:06] | A sailboat. | 帆船 |
[27:09] | It’s not supposed to be anything. | 它不是个啥 |
[27:10] | It’s supposed to help me forget | 它只是帮我忘记 |
[27:13] | how much I miss working with you so closely every day. | 我有多么怀念和你亲密合作的日常 |
[27:17] | Well, you’re welcome back anytime. | 欢迎你随时回来 |
[27:19] | Come on, clearly, | 拜托 很明显 |
[27:20] | you’re bored out of your mind. | 你无聊死了 |
[27:22] | But it must feel good to have people driving over to your house | 但是那种有人上门来求取智慧明珠的感觉 |
[27:25] | begging you for pearls of wisdom. | 肯定很好 |
[27:27] | Yeah. I feel like a real hero. | 是的 我感觉像个真正的英雄 |
[27:42] | Salen, I think I may have approached things the wrong way. | 萨伦 我觉得我处理事情的方式可能不对 |
[27:48] | Obviously, we’re not adversaries, | 我们显然不是敌人 |
[27:49] | and I agree we need to be fiscally responsible. | 我也同意我们需要对财政负责 |
[27:55] | I ran a credit check on our client. | 我对我们的客户进行了信用评价 |
[27:57] | He makes six figures, lives in Palo Alto… | 他收入六位数 住在帕洛阿托… |
[28:00] | 7%. | 百分之七 |
[28:01] | The average amount hospitals collect | 医院从自费医疗费用中 |
[28:03] | from out-of-pocket medical expenses. | 收取的平均金额 |
[28:05] | More importantly, when I make a decision, | 更重要的是 当我做出一个决定时 |
[28:07] | I expect my team to carry it out. | 我希望我的团队执行它 |
[28:09] | Not try to subvert it by having Glassman run to the insurance company. | 而不是让格拉斯曼去找保险公司来破坏它 |
[28:17] | When you took over, you made a commitment | 当你接手的时候 你对董事会和本州 |
[28:19] | to the board and to the state to be an asset to the community. | 承诺了我院要成为社区的一笔财富 |
[28:23] | The Ethicure system prioritizes efficiency | 伦理系统应该优先考虑效率 |
[28:26] | because that’s the best way to deliver top-quality care | 因为这是用我们有限的资源提供高质量医疗的 |
[28:29] | with our finite resources. | 最好方式 |
[28:32] | Pursuit of profit drives innovation. | 追求利润才能驱动创新 |
[28:35] | Innovation creates the treatments | 创新产生新的疗法 |
[28:37] | that you and I both want and our clients need. | 这是你我和客户都需要的 |
[28:40] | Sucks for Bob, but the more money this place makes, | 鲍勃虽然不乐意 但是我们赚越多的钱 |
[28:43] | the more people we can help. | 就能帮助越多的人 |
[29:01] | Marcus? | 马库斯 |
[29:02] | The test didn’t go the way we’d hoped. | 测试没有如我们所希望的那样进行 |
[29:04] | – In fact, it… – You can skip the minutia. | -实际上 -你可以略过细枝末节 |
[29:08] | I still think you should agree to do Mateo’s surgery. | 我还是觉得你应该允许马蒂奥的那个手术 |
[29:11] | You understand the business of medicine. | 你了解医学这门生意 |
[29:13] | I understand the mind of a surgeon. | 我了解外科医生的想法 |
[29:15] | We need to feel like heroes sometimes, | 我们有时候需要做英雄 |
[29:17] | especially surgical jocks like Mateo. | 尤其是马蒂奥这样的外科运动员 |
[29:20] | Give him one inefficient miracle surgery, | 给他一个低利润的奇迹般的手术 |
[29:23] | and he’ll happily give you 50 high-billing knee replacements. | 他会乐意还你五十个昂贵的膝关节置换术 |
[29:32] | Not everyone’s on board with the changes you’re making here. | 不是所有人都同意你的改变 |
[29:36] | You’ll need allies. | 你需要盟友 |
[29:43] | I’ll back Mateo’s miracle. | 我会支持马蒂奥的奇迹 |
[29:46] | And tomorrow, you’re both on knee replacements. | 然后明天你俩都要做膝关节置换术 |
[29:58] | I cannot do this. | 我做不到 |
[30:00] | It sucks, but we have no choice. | 很糟糕 但是我们没得选 |
[30:02] | We’ll do everything we can. | 我们只能竭尽所能 |
[30:03] | As long as it’s covered. | 只要平衡盈亏就行了 |
[30:04] | Yeah, and send him home maimed. | 对 然后让他残废回家 |
[30:06] | I’m not talking about the surgeries. | 我不是说手术 |
[30:10] | I can’t wear these scrubs. | 我不能穿这个手术服 |
[30:12] | It was too hot with long underwear, | 长款刷手衣太热了 |
[30:14] | but the feeling of them on my skin is much worse. | 但是它们在我皮肤上的感觉更糟 |
[30:18] | I’m going to change. | 我要去换了 |
[30:56] | Okay. | 好了 |
[31:11] | Okay, please… | 好了 求你 |
[31:14] | Please! | 求你 |
[31:24] | Uh, Shaun, I’m kind of in the middle of something … | 肖恩 我正忙着呢… |
[31:26] | The American Society of Microbiology, | 美国微生物学会 |
[31:28] | Mayo Clinic, Clinical Microbiology. | 梅奥医学中心 临床微生物学会 |
[31:31] | All show the use of paper towels | 所有研究都表明 |
[31:32] | results in lower rates of contamination | 使用纸巾的污染率 |
[31:34] | than jet air dryers, | 比吹风干手机更低 |
[31:36] | and foaming soaps are less concentrated, | 另外泡沫洗手液浓度更低 |
[31:37] | which reduces effectiveness. | 会降低效果 |
[31:38] | Added fragrances increase allergic reactions, | 添加香精会增加过敏反应 |
[31:40] | and synthetic fabrics can be abrasive | 而且合成纤维会磨损皮肤 |
[31:42] | and contribute to microplastic pollution. | 并造成微塑料污染 |
[31:44] | Shaun, we talked about this. | 肖恩 我们讨论过这些 |
[31:46] | Okay, you made these changes without asking us first | 你没问过我们就擅自变更这些 |
[31:50] | because you’re not trying to help us or protect patients. | 因为你不是出于帮助我们或者患者 |
[31:54] | You’re doing it to save money, and it’s wrong! | 你只不过是为了省钱 这是不对的 |
[31:57] | – Shaun… – Okay? | -肖恩 -是吧 |
[31:58] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[32:00] | I’m so sorry. He’s just really passionate. | 我很抱歉 他有点情绪化 |
[32:02] | You’re wrong! | 你错了 |
[32:03] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[32:06] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[32:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[32:08] | I didn’t ask the staff here. | 我没问过我们的职工 |
[32:10] | But I did ask other experts, | 但我确实问过其他专家 |
[32:12] | whose research proves I’m not wrong. | 他的调查证明我没有错 |
[32:15] | But that doesn’t mean you are. | 但也不意味着你错了 |
[32:16] | Mmm, we can’t both be right. | 我们可能都是对的 |
[32:19] | Yes, we can. | 没错 |
[32:21] | Because some doctors are different. | 因为有些医生不同 |
[32:23] | And sometimes… | 而且有的时候 |
[32:33] | Your ASD gives you… | 你的自闭症让你… |
[32:35] | No! No, thank you. It’s not my ASD. | 不不 谢谢 不是我的自闭症 |
[32:38] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[32:39] | But if you’ll just let me finish, | 但如果你听我说完 |
[32:40] | I was going to assure you that I’m not dismissing you. | 我保证我不是要解雇你 |
[32:43] | I value your unique perspective | 我珍视你独特的视角 |
[32:46] | because my ADHD gives me a unique perspective. | 因为我的多动症也给我独特的视角 |
[32:50] | You could be a great asset to this hospital, | 你可以成为本院巨大的资产 |
[32:53] | but only if I’m able to recognize | 但前提是我能意识到 |
[32:55] | that one size may not fit all. | 一种方式不适合所有人 |
[32:58] | It’s not the size of the scrubs. | 不是手术服的大小 |
[33:01] | I’ll have maintenance put back the old soap and paper towels | 我会请维修工把以前的肥皂和纸巾放回 |
[33:04] | in the residents’ locker room and break room. | 住院医的更衣室和休息室 |
[33:09] | And you can go back to wearing your old scrubs. | 你可以继续穿你以前的手术服了 |
[33:12] | But just you. | 但仅限于你 |
[33:19] | Is there anything else I can do for you? | 还有什么需要我为你做的吗 |
[33:32] | Shaun? | 肖恩 |
[33:37] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[33:48] | Ligate the right sphenopalatine. | 结扎右侧蝶腭 |
[33:50] | We need an ultrasonic scalpel. | 我们需要超声刀 |
[33:52] | Where have you been? We’ve been paging you. | 你去哪了 我们一直在呼你 |
[33:54] | I get to keep my old scrubs. | 我得去留住我的旧手术服 |
[33:57] | Also, we can create an osteomyocutaneous flap, | 我们还可以做一个骨肌皮瓣 |
[33:59] | so we won’t need the customized PEEK implants. | 我们就不需要定制的聚醚醚酮植入物了 |
[34:02] | It should be strong enough to allow him | 强度应该可以让他 |
[34:03] | to have full vision function and eat normally. | 恢复完全的视觉功能和正常吃饭了 |
[34:07] | That’s pretty brilliant. | 巧妙绝伦 |
[34:08] | And fully covered by his insurance. | 还能全额报销 |
[34:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:11] | I also convinced Salen | 我也说服了萨伦 |
[34:13] | to put the old soap and paper towels back. | 把以前的肥皂和纸巾放回来 |
[34:16] | Nice work. | 干得好 |
[34:17] | Who needs the ultrasonic scalpel? | 谁需要超声刀 |
[34:18] | Me. Wolke, you’re with me. | 我 沃尔克 你和我一起 |
[34:20] | Allen, help Murphy harvest the graft. | 艾伦 你帮莫菲摘取移植物 |
[34:33] | Planting grapes? | 种葡萄吗 |
[34:35] | Mammoth sunflowers, actually. | 其实是猛犸象向日葵 |
[34:37] | They’re supposed to be 12 feet tall. | 它们会有三米多高 |
[34:38] | Oh, that’s cool. | 那很棒 |
[34:41] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[34:42] | Yeah, I wasn’t even gonna go there. | 好吧 我本来都不会提的 |
[34:44] | Oh, yes, you were. | 不 你会的 |
[34:46] | Yeah, I was. | 是 我会 |
[34:47] | But only after we talk about Shaun first. | 但至少在我们聊完肖恩以后 |
[34:49] | He’s fine, too. | 他也很好 |
[34:50] | – No, he’s really concerned ab… – He’s fine. | -不 他真的在考虑…-他很好 |
[34:51] | He’s got a new fiancee. | 他有未婚妻 |
[34:53] | He’s got a new boss. | 他有新上司 |
[34:55] | Mmm-hmm. He’s planning a wedding. | 他在筹划婚礼 |
[34:55] | He’s anxious. I would be, too. | 他有点焦虑 要我也会 |
[34:57] | Which is exactly why I don’t want to stress him out even more. | 这也是为什么我不想再增加他的压力 |
[35:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:02] | Listen, Shaun gave me the Save the Dates to mail, | 听着 肖恩让我寄出喜帖 |
[35:05] | and I found one addressed to his mom. | 然后我发现他妈妈的地址 |
[35:09] | Okay, that’s interesting. But not unreasonable. | 好吧 有点意思 但也并非情理之外 |
[35:12] | I know, but I want the day to be about us. | 我知道 但我希望那天只关乎我俩 |
[35:15] | Our future. Our happiness. | 我们的未来 我们的幸福 |
[35:18] | I don’t want to feel like I need to protect him. | 我不想感觉需要保护他 |
[35:21] | Am I wrong? | 我有错吗 |
[35:23] | Am I being unfair? | 我有失公平吗 |
[35:26] | Selfish? Paranoid? Feel free to step in anytime. | 自私 多疑 请随时批评 |
[35:30] | Trying to decide whether I should plant randomly | 我在想我应该随便种 |
[35:33] | or in rows. | 还是种成一排 |
[35:34] | That’s it? You’re not gonna help? | 就这些 你不打算帮我 |
[35:38] | No, I’m not. | 不 我不打算 |
[35:47] | More retraction. | 再拉开点 |
[35:48] | We’ll use the periosteal to elevate the craniotomy flap. | 我们将用骨膜抬高开颅瓣 |
[36:04] | That can go in the recycling bin. | 可以放进回收箱里 |
[36:09] | Park and I will use motor mapping | 帕克和我会用运动映射 |
[36:11] | to ID the border of the eloquent cortex. | 来识别语言中枢的边界 |
[36:13] | I’ll lead up the ECoG to guide the resection. | 我会操作脑电图来指导手术 |
[36:21] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:24] | I shouldn’t have questioned your motives. | 我不应该质疑你的动机 |
[36:26] | The way you managed Salen was…impressive. | 你应付萨伦的方法令我佩服 |
[36:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:31] | I’ve learned a few things about how to deal with administrators. | 我学了一些应对管理人员的方法 |
[36:34] | And when it comes down to us versus them… | 然而到了我们和他们博弈的时候 |
[36:37] | I’m a surgeon. | 我是个外科医生 |
[36:52] | As we expose the buttresses of the midface, | 当我们暴露脸部中间的支撑物时 |
[36:54] | Murphy, I want you to… | 莫菲 你来… |
[36:55] | Enable reduction with 3-D control | 三维控制复位后 |
[36:57] | followed by rigid fixation. | 进行固定 |
[36:59] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[37:02] | Buttress looks too fragmented to stabilize. | 支撑物看起来太碎了 无法稳定 |
[37:04] | You should remove more bone and then graft between… | 你应该多取些骨头 然后移植到… |
[37:06] | – No, I shouldn’t. – Yes, you should. | -不 不应该 -你应该 |
[37:08] | – The malar projection isn’t… – Stop it. | -颧骨投影不… -停下 |
[37:12] | Not the work, the sniping. | 没说手 说嘴 |
[37:14] | You’re not just colleagues. You’re friends. | 你们不只是同事 你们是朋友 |
[37:18] | You know religion hurt him. | 你知道宗教会伤害他 |
[37:20] | It’s what separated him from his family. | 这是他和家人分开的原因 |
[37:21] | That’s the context for his disdain for it. | 这就是他鄙视它的原因 |
[37:24] | And you know her prayers aren’t pointless | 你也知道 如果她的祈祷能让她 |
[37:26] | if they offer her comfort from the pain in her life | 从生活中的痛苦中得到安慰 |
[37:28] | that’s just as significant as yours. | 那就不是毫无意义的 和你的一样重要 |
[37:31] | And if that’s not reason enough, | 如果这个理由还不够充分 |
[37:33] | then you will stop this out of your boundless commitment | 那你就停止你无边无际的承诺 |
[37:35] | to making my life easier. | 让我轻松点 |
[37:37] | Right? | 好吗 |
[37:58] | Um, why haven’t you started yet? | 你们为什么还没开始 |
[38:01] | We started over five hours ago. | 我们五个小时前就开始了 |
[38:03] | And finished. | 并且已经结束了 |
[38:05] | Your post-resection ECoG and neuro exam were perfect. | 你的术后脑电图和神经系统检查都很好 |
[38:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:24] | That was amazing. | 非常惊艳 |
[38:30] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:34] | Sincerely. | 真心的 |
[38:37] | Up for a drink? | 请我喝一杯 |
[38:39] | Tequila. | 龙舌兰 |
[38:41] | Stat. | 马上要 |
[38:45] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[38:47] | Now, isn’t this something? | 这不是很了不起吗 |
[38:49] | It’s a small world in Argentina, isn’t it? | 阿根廷真小 不是吗 |
[38:52] | Isn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[38:53] | Why did you marry him? | 你为什么嫁给他 |
[38:55] | My husband’s a very attractive man. | 我丈夫是个很有魅力的人 |
[38:57] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[38:58] | Yeah, fine. | 很好 |
[39:00] | What was that word again, Johnny? | 那个词是什么来着 约翰尼 |
[39:02] | You married him for his money. | 你为了他的钱和他结婚 |
[39:03] | Actually I’m not. | 我其实不好 |
[39:09] | Much better. | 好多了 |
[39:11] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[39:16] | Now isn’t that an amazing coincidence? | 这难道不是一个惊人的巧合吗 |
[39:30] | Now, if you need me, call me | 如果你需要我 打电话给我 |
[39:32] | No matter where you are | 无论你在哪里 |
[39:34] | No matter how far | 无论距离多远 |
[39:36] | Don’t worry, baby | 别担心 宝贝 |
[39:38] | Just call my name | 只要呼叫我姓名 |
[39:40] | I’ll be there in a hurry | 我会马上出现 |
[39:42] | You don’t have to worry | 你不必担心 |
[39:44] | ‘Cause, baby, there ain’t no mountain high enough | 因为 宝贝 世上没有那么高的山 |
[39:48] | Ain’t no valley low enough | 没有那么深的谷 |
[39:52] | Ain’t no river wide enough | 没有那么宽的河 |
[39:56] | To keep me from getting to you, babe | 能阻挡我来到你身边 宝贝 |
[39:59] | Remember the day | 记得那一天 |
[40:01] | A toast. | 举杯 |
[40:04] | To me. | 敬我 |
[40:06] | I had faith in myself, spoke my mind, | 我自信满满 畅所欲言 |
[40:08] | and got everything I asked for. | 并且得到全部所求 |
[40:11] | Totally. I’m proud of you. | 完全的 我为你骄傲 |
[40:13] | Ain’t no valley low enough | 没有那么深的谷 |
[40:17] | Ain’t no river wide enough | 没有那么宽的河 |
[40:20] | To keep me from getting to you, babe | 能阻挡我来到你身边 宝贝 |
[40:24] | If you’re ever in trouble | 如果你遇到麻烦 |
[40:27] | Shaun… | 肖恩 |
[40:29] | I didn’t mail the Save the Date card to your mom. | 我没有把喜帖寄给你妈妈 |
[40:35] | Because I don’t want to invite her. | 因为我不想邀请她 |
[40:40] | I feel like you two still have a lot to work through, | 我觉得你俩还有很多事情要解决 |
[40:43] | which you should, but I want our wedding to be fun. | 你应该去解决 但是我希望我们的婚礼愉快 |
[40:46] | I don’t want to complicate it with any pain from the past. | 我不想任何过去的伤痛使其复杂 |
[40:49] | Ain’t no valley low enough | 没有那么深的谷 |
[40:54] | The wedding books said I had to invite her. | 婚礼书上说我得邀请她 |
[40:56] | Were they wrong? | 书上说错了吗 |
[40:59] | Maybe in this case. | 也许这件事上是错的 |
[41:04] | Would you be okay not having her there? | 如果不让她来你可以吗 |
[41:08] | My love is alive | 我的爱很鲜活 |
[41:09] | Yes. | 可以 |
[41:12] | Very. | 很可以 |
[41:14] | If you ever need a helping hand | 如果你需要我伸出援手 |
[41:17] | I’ll be there on the double | 我马上就会赶到 |
[41:19] | As fast as I can | 以最快的速度 |
[41:22] | Ain’t no mountain high enough | 没有那么高的山 |
[41:24] | Ain’t no valley low enough | 没有那么深的谷 |
[41:26] | Ain’t no river wide enough | 没有那么宽的河 |
[41:28] | To keep me from you | 能阻挡我来到你身边 |
[41:30] | Ain’t no mountain high enough | 没有那么高的山 |
[41:32] | Ain’t no valley low enough | 没有那么深的谷 |
[41:33] | Ain’t no river wide enough | 没有那么宽的河 |
[41:35] | To keep me from you | 能阻挡我来到你身边 |
[41:37] | Ain’t no mountain high enough | 没有那么高的山 |
[41:41] | Ain’t no valley low enough | 没有那么深的谷 |
[41:47] | You were right. I should have listened to you. | 你是对的 我应该听你的 |
[41:50] | And Andrews. | 还有安德鲁 |
[41:52] | Oh, your confidence is just one of the things I like about you, | 你的自信只是我喜欢的一项 |
[41:55] | especially when it allows you to admit that I’m right. | 尤其是当它允许你承认我是对的 |
[41:58] | And what are the other things? | 那么还有哪些项 |
[42:01] | Oh, should I tell you or show you? | 我应该告诉你 还是展示给你 |
[42:10] | 一些医生很特别 一些医院也是 肖恩·莫菲医生 自闭症谱系障碍 | |
[42:14] | I’m surprised he’d agree to that. | 我很惊讶他会同意 |
[42:18] | I’m sure he didn’t. | 我敢说他并没有 |
[42:20] | 一些医生很特别 一些医院也是 肖恩·莫菲医生 自闭症谱系障碍 |