时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Morning. Admissions percentage is out. Top colleges have dropped to record lows. | 早上好 录取率已经出来了 顶尖大学又创新低 |
[00:07] | – Thinking about going back to school? – No, I’m thinking about our son’s future. | -你想回去念书? -不是 我在为儿子的未来考虑 |
[00:12] | As in starting a college fund for the peanut? | 比如给花生设立个大学基金? |
[00:15] | No, I put the peanut on a wait list for prekindergarten at McClellan Hall. | 不是 我给花生申请了 麦克莱伦的候补名单 |
[00:20] | Isn’t that a snobby private school in Menlo Park? | 门洛帕克那所? 那不是所很势力的私校吗? |
[00:23] | It is one of the top three feeder schools for Stanford University. | 它是斯坦福大学排名前三的附属学校 |
[00:27] | So you’ve decided he’s going to college, and picked out which one. | 所以你不仅决定了他要上大学 还帮他选好了要上哪所 |
[00:32] | Given our son’s genetic makeup, he will probably be very intelligent | 鉴于我们儿子的基因构成 他可能会非常聪明 |
[00:37] | and will require a challenging academic curriculum. | 他可能需要具有挑战性的学术课程 |
[00:40] | Or he may not even enjoy academics. | 他也有可能根本不喜欢学习 |
[00:42] | What he ends up doing will be his call. | 应该由他自己决定他想做什么 |
[00:44] | Whatever prekindergarten he ends up attending will be our call, not his. | 但是他去哪个幼儿园 将由我们决定 他又决定不了 |
[00:53] | No coffee. Glassy’s still in his room? | 没有咖啡 格拉斯还在他的房间里? |
[00:56] | – I heard him leave at 6:14. – He’s been so sad about losing his house. | -我听到他6点14分就走了 -失去了房子 他特别难过 |
[01:00] | How can you tell? | 你怎么知道? |
[01:03] | – Have you noticed how quiet he’s been? – Yes, it’s been nice. | -你有没有注意到他一直很安静? -是的 安静挺好的 |
[01:07] | I guess he’s just throwing himself into his work. | 我猜他只能靠工作来麻痹自己了 |
[01:25] | Dr. Murphy, little help here. | 墨菲医生 能过来一下吗 |
[01:32] | Give tetanus booster, clean with betadine. | 给一针破伤风加强剂 用碘伏清洁 |
[01:35] | – Administer– – We got that. It’s… | -管理… -都弄好了 只是… |
[01:37] | We wanted a second opinion. | 我们想听听别人的意见 |
[01:39] | Victor did. | 是维克多想听 |
[01:40] | Yeah, before these young pups take a saw to our son’s foot, | 对 在这些小年轻 把锯子放在我儿子脚上之前 |
[01:43] | I’d like to talk to a supervisor. | 我想和主管谈谈 |
[01:45] | The nail’s bent. | 钉子弯了 |
[01:46] | I am their supervisor, | 我就是他们的主管 |
[01:48] | and we need the saw to cut the nail, not his foot. | 我们拿锯子是要锯钉子 不是他的脚 |
[01:56] | Are you good, Ricky? | 你还好吗 瑞奇? |
[02:14] | You all know my angel for the past 11 years, Dr. Lim. | 你们都知道这位 我过去11年里的天使利姆医生 |
[02:18] | Hey, Roses. And this is my resident, Dr. Jordan Allen. | 嗨 玫瑰粉们 这位是我的住院医生 乔丹艾伦医生 |
[02:21] | Hi. | 大家好 |
[02:22] | -“Roses”? – My website’s called “More Than 65 Roses.” | -“玫瑰粉”? -我的网站叫“超过65朵玫瑰花” |
[02:26] | It’s what I called it when I was diagnosed at five. | 我五岁查出这个病的时候就这么叫它 |
[02:29] | Sixty-five roses. Cystic fibrosis. | 囊性纤维化 65朵玫瑰花 |
[02:31] | – Okay. – And welcome to vlog number 458. | -这样啊 -欢迎收看第458号视频博客 |
[02:36] | Going out all around the world. | 世界各地的朋友们 |
[02:38] | – And what does DLT stand for? – That would be double lung transplant. | – DLT是什么意思? -双肺移植 |
[02:46] | Your new lungs just arrived. | 你的新肺刚到了 |
[03:09] | I never should’ve agreed to let him go. | 我不该同意让他去的 |
[03:12] | You didn’t. You just stopped fighting with me about it. | 你没同意 你只是不再和我吵了 |
[03:16] | He’s running a mild fever. 100.4. Go where? | 他在发低烧 100.4度 去哪儿? |
[03:19] | Church camping trip, less than an hour away. | 去教堂露营 离这不到一个小时的路程 |
[03:22] | Camping can be very dangerous. | 露营可能非常危险 |
[03:25] | Thank you, Dr. Murphy. | 谢谢你 墨菲医生 |
[03:26] | I had my first fire-roasted s’more last summer, | 去年夏天我第一次吃烤棉花糖 |
[03:29] | so it can also be very fun. | 所以露营也可以很有趣 |
[03:31] | Thank you, Dr. Wolke. | 谢谢你 沃尔克医生 |
[03:34] | Be careful, please. | 请小心点 |
[03:35] | Victor, he’s a doctor. | 维克多 他是一名医生 |
[03:37] | – Just try to trust– – Trust that things will work out. | -你要试着相信… -相信一切会好起来的 |
[03:40] | Yep. I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[03:43] | You’re a Warriors fan? You like Steph Curry? | 你是勇士队的球迷? 你喜欢斯蒂芬库里吗? |
[03:47] | – I like Draymond. – A rebel. I like it. | -我喜欢德雷蒙德 -反叛者 我喜欢 |
[03:54] | Look at this beast. | 看看这个野兽 |
[03:58] | Nice job, Ricky. | 干得好 瑞奇 |
[04:08] | His temperature just jumped two degrees. | 他的体温刚刚上升了2度 |
[04:10] | Get a CBC, blood cultures and CT of his foot | 给他做血常规、血培养和足部CT |
[04:12] | to check for damage to the bones and muscles. | 检查骨骼和肌肉是否受损 |
[04:23] | Dr. Park. How kind of you to join me. | 帕克医生 谢谢你过来一趟 |
[04:26] | You paged me. | 你传呼我 |
[04:27] | Have a seat. And, yes, they’re Herman Miller. | 请坐 没错 椅子牌子是赫尔曼米勒 |
[04:31] | The cappuccino, mochaccino, expresso, latte… | 卡布奇诺、摩卡奇诺、浓缩、拿铁… |
[04:34] | None of those are for you. | 这些都不是为你准备的 |
[04:38] | Okay, I was wrong. | 好吧 我错了 |
[04:40] | This is the perfect job for you. | 这对你来说是完美的工作 |
[04:42] | Your first study has what, 800 patients? | 你的第一项研究有800名患者? |
[04:44] | But since you’ve had four whole days to hire all the clinical trial nurses, | 不过你有整整四天 来雇用所有的临床试验护士 |
[04:49] | it should be easy. | 那应该很容易 |
[04:52] | I may be a little behind, may have 13 patients waiting, | 进度可能有点落后 目前有13个病人在等 |
[04:55] | but I will handle it. | 但我会处理好的 |
[04:56] | With a lot of cappuccinos. | 用很多杯卡布奇诺处理吗 |
[04:59] | Thanks for your support. | 感谢你的支持 |
[05:02] | Do you want me to give you a hand? | 需要我帮你吗? |
[05:04] | I have 90 minutes before my next surgery. | 距离我下一台手术还有90分钟 |
[05:08] | In exchange for unlimited use of your espresso machine. | 作为交换 你得让我无限制地使用你的咖啡机 |
[05:12] | We’ll see. | 我们拭目以待 |
[05:26] | Poor Ricky. | 可怜的瑞奇 |
[05:27] | He probably just has a minor infection. | 他可能只是轻微感染 |
[05:30] | I meant the parents. | 我是指他爸妈 |
[05:32] | Two very different schools of thought on child-rearing. | 他俩有截然不同的育儿观念 |
[05:35] | It’s hard on the marriage, but harder on the kid. | 这样对婚姻不好 对孩子更不好 |
[05:38] | Everyone has different opinions, Dr. Wolke. | 每个人都有不同的看法 沃尔克医生 |
[05:41] | Which they need to sort out before having kids. | 这些问题在生孩子之前就该达成共识 |
[05:46] | My college roommate, Jewish, married a Catholic woman. | 我大学室友是犹太人 他娶了一个天主教老婆 |
[05:49] | They had three children quickly. | 他们很快就生了三个孩子 |
[05:51] | Started fighting about parenting nonstop. | 开始为育儿不停地争吵 |
[05:55] | My parents never fought about us. My dad didn’t care. | 我爸妈从不为我们吵架 我爸不在乎 |
[05:57] | As long as Mom got me and my brother dressed and out in time for chores. | 只要我妈给我和我弟穿好衣服 并按时出门干活 |
[06:05] | No hematoma or abscess. No explanation for the fever. | 无血肿或脓肿 没找到发热的原因 |
[06:09] | My neck. | 我的脖子 |
[06:11] | It really hurts. | 好疼啊 |
[06:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:20] | Hey, I got you. | 嘿 有我呢 |
[06:24] | He has tick bites on his back. | 他背上有蜱虫咬的包 |
[06:34] | Pink, plump and spongy. | 粉粉的 很丰满 充满弹性 |
[06:38] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[06:44] | Pneumonia? | 肺炎? |
[06:46] | In both lungs. | 双肺都有 |
[07:01] | She’s lucky if she has another week. | 她最多还能撑一周 |
[07:06] | Ex vivo lung profusion. | 离体肺充盈 |
[07:08] | Maybe we can make the lungs heal themselves. | 也许我们可以让肺自行治愈 |
[07:12] | That’s usually used in cases involving pulmonary edema. | 这通常用于涉及肺水肿的病例 |
[07:18] | Get the lungs. Meet me in the procedure room. | 带上肺 到手术室找我 |
[07:25] | Tick bites? | 蜱虫叮咬? |
[07:26] | His fever, vomiting and sore neck could be neurological. | 他的发烧、呕吐 以及脖子酸痛可能是神经性的 |
[07:30] | It’s in his brain? | 是在他脑子里吗? |
[07:31] | Possibly. The blood tests were inconclusive, | 有可能 验血结果没有定论 |
[07:33] | so we’d like to do a lumbar puncture to check Ricky’s CSF. | 所以我们想做一个腰椎穿刺 检查瑞奇的脑脊液 |
[07:37] | This camp just keeps getting better and better. | 这次露营真是越来越精彩了 |
[07:40] | Can we not do this right now? | 我们现在能不吵吗? |
[07:41] | – I want this to never happen again. – And I don’t? | -我希望这种事再也不会发生了 -我不想? |
[07:45] | I care about our son as much as you. | 我和你一样关心我们的儿子 |
[07:47] | And yet you keep prioritizing fun over safety. | 但你总把乐趣置于安全之上 |
[07:51] | Yes, I care about fun. | 是的 我很看重乐趣 |
[07:53] | And socialization, self-esteem, self-expression– | 还有社会化、自尊、自我表达… |
[07:55] | None of which are as important as his safety. | 这些都没有他的安全重要 |
[07:59] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我实在受不了了 |
[08:18] | After six, only one with a minor reaction. | 六个里只有一个有轻微反应 |
[08:20] | – You? – Me too. | -你那边呢? -一样 |
[08:22] | So we are 12 down, one to go. | 搞定12个 还差一个 |
[08:27] | Mr. Riggs? | 里格斯先生? |
[08:28] | Mr. Riggs? | 里格斯先生? |
[08:34] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:35] | I just drifted off. | 我打了个盹 |
[08:37] | My fault for keeping you waiting so long. | 让您久等了 我的错 |
[08:41] | So, how are you feeling, aside from tired? | 那么 除了疲倦之外 您感觉如何? |
[08:44] | Just a bit achy, | 就是有点疼 |
[08:46] | especially my knees and elbows, hips. | 特别是我的膝盖和肘部 、臀部 |
[08:49] | And some mild jaundice. | 还有一些轻微的黄疸 |
[08:52] | Other than that, I feel pretty good. | 除此之外 我感觉还行 |
[09:00] | Hello. We should sort out our differences about child-raising. | 嗨 我们得解决在育儿问题上的分歧 |
[09:04] | If this is about McClellan Hall, not a big deal. | 如果是关于麦克莱伦的 那没什么大不了的 |
[09:07] | I’ve made a list of 37 other potential differences. | 我列出了37个其他潜在分歧 |
[09:10] | I’d love to discuss them, but Andrews just approved new EMR software | 我很想一个个讨论 但安德鲁斯刚批了新的电子病历软件 |
[09:13] | and wants me to run a beta test on it in the next 24 hours. | 并希望我在24小时内对其进行测试 |
[09:17] | – Have you talked to Glassy? – No. | -你和格拉斯谈过了? -没有 |
[09:18] | He didn’t come to work today, but I got a text. He says that he is okay. | 他今天没来上班 但我收到了一条短信 他说他没事 |
[09:23] | Where is he? | 他在哪里? |
[10:08] | It is not over yet. | 还没有结束 |
[10:10] | Lungs are remarkably resilient organs | 肺在体内时 |
[10:14] | when they are in a body. | 是复原力很强的器官 |
[10:16] | Which is why we have to convince them they still are. | 所以我们要让它们以为自己还在体内 |
[10:19] | We give them a blood supply by hooking them up to a profusion machine, | 我们把它们连接到灌注机上 以此来为它们提供血液供应 |
[10:23] | an air supply by hooking them up to a ventilator, | 将它们连接到呼吸机来提供氧气供应 |
[10:27] | IV drips to feed them antibiotics, | 通过静脉滴注给它们喂抗生素 |
[10:29] | and we might be able to con them back into viability. | 我们也许能让它们恢复活力 |
[10:32] | The next six hours are crucial. | 接下来的六个小时至关重要 |
[10:35] | How will you know if they’re viable? | 你们怎么知道这对肺还能不能用? |
[10:38] | Our main indicator is a calculation called the P/F ratio. | 我们的主要指标是氧合指数的计算 |
[10:41] | When that reaches at least 400 mm of mercury… | 当达到至少400毫米汞柱时… |
[10:44] | those lungs are good to go. | 这对肺就可以用了 |
[10:48] | Mom, relax. | 妈妈 放松 |
[10:50] | It’s Dr. L. | 她可是L医生啊 |
[11:07] | Palpate to find the L3-4 interspace. | 触诊找到第三节和第四节腰椎间隙 |
[11:10] | Maybe Lea and I won’t be able to sort out our differences | 也许丽和我无法解决我们之间 |
[11:13] | about child-raising and become angry like Victor and Shelly. | 关于育儿问题的分歧 就会像维克多和雪莉一样开始吵架 |
[11:16] | You and Lea are nothing like Victor and Shelly. | 你和丽跟维克多和雪莉完全不同 |
[11:19] | They’re from completely different worlds, have vastly different outlooks. | 他们来自完全不同的世界 有着截然不同的观点 |
[11:23] | Lea and I are very different too. Insert the spinal needle. | 丽和我也很不一样 插入腰椎穿刺针 |
[11:27] | Who knows if they love each other. | 谁知道他们是否相爱 |
[11:29] | You and Lea, I know you do, a lot, and that’s all that matters. | 而我知道你和丽很爱彼此 这就够了 |
[11:33] | At least according to the Hallmark Channel. | 至少贺曼国际电影台是这么说的 |
[11:37] | I’m in. | 进去了 |
[11:44] | The infection has elevated his intracranial pressure. | 感染使他的颅内压升高了 |
[11:47] | Intubate and load him with levetiracetam | 插管 注射左乙拉西坦 |
[11:49] | and dexamethasone before his brain herniates. | 和地塞米松 要赶在他脑疝之前 |
[12:00] | CSF confirming a very rare infection called naegleria fowleri. | 脑脊液常规检验证实 是极罕见的福氏耐格里阿米巴虫感染 |
[12:03] | It’s a brain-eating amoeba that’s caused cerebral swelling. | 就是这种食脑虫导致了脑肿胀 |
[12:07] | We need to put Ricky in a barbiturate-induced coma | 我们要给瑞奇注射巴比妥类药物 让他保持昏迷状态 |
[12:09] | and surgically place a port into the center of his brain. | 并通过外科手术 在他的大脑中心放置一个注射座 |
[12:12] | Then we will flood it with antibiotics, which should reduce the edema. | 然后往里注射抗生素 这应该可以减轻水肿 |
[12:16] | And he contracted this from a tick? | 这是蜱虫感染? |
[12:18] | No, it’s contracted via contaminated water through the nose. | 不 是鼻子接触受污染的水而感染 |
[12:22] | So he got it from the swimming hole at camp. | 所以他因为营地的游泳洞感染的 |
[12:25] | That’s a good guess. | 这个猜测很有可能 |
[12:26] | Ricky’s too anxious around water to put his head under, | 瑞奇很怕水 他不敢把头埋进水里的 |
[12:29] | let alone get water up his nose. | 更不用说让他的鼻子进水了 |
[12:31] | Naegleria fowleri has also been found in untreated swimming pools, | 福氏耐格里阿米巴虫 常见于未经处理的游泳池 |
[12:35] | – nasal rinses, water heaters– – Nasal rinses? | -鼻腔冲洗器、热水器… -鼻腔冲洗器? |
[12:38] | If unboiled tap water is used. | 如果使用未煮沸的自来水 |
[12:42] | I gave him a nasal rinse the morning he left for camp. | 他去露营那天早上 我给他洗了鼻腔 |
[12:46] | He had a runny nose. | 当时他在流鼻涕 |
[12:48] | That is a better guess. | 这个猜测可能性更大 |
[12:56] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[13:06] | Riggs has fatigue, joint pain, impaired mental acuity, | 里格斯的症状有疲劳 关节痛、精神敏锐度受损 |
[13:09] | tachycardia and mild liver failure. | 心动过速和轻度肝功能衰竭 |
[13:12] | – Thanks. – Maybe he has a pre-existing condition. | -谢谢 -他可能有既往症 |
[13:14] | He should have been eliminated | 任何合格的远程筛选程序 |
[13:16] | by any remotely competent screening process. | 都该把他淘汰的 |
[13:18] | Those protocols were in place before you came on board. | 这些规程在你接手之前就是这样 |
[13:21] | I’ll remind the CRO of that when I tell them, on my first day, | 当我接手第一天 就要告诉合同研究组织 |
[13:24] | that their $4 million trial needs to be trashed. | 400万美元的试验要失败时 我会提醒他们这点的 |
[13:27] | Save the doomsday predictions until after the blood panel results. | 等血液检查结果出来之后再说丧气话 |
[13:32] | Lab’s on the way to the OR. | 实验室就在通往手术室的路上 |
[13:39] | – It hasn’t been six hours yet, has it? – Six and a quarter. | -还不到六个小时吧? -六个小时十五分钟了 |
[14:10] | You want company? | 你需要人陪陪吗? |
[14:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:34] | Hello. Where is Victor? | 你好 维克多去哪了? |
[14:37] | Beating himself up somewhere. | 在某处殴打自己 |
[14:41] | I just… | 我只是… |
[14:43] | wish that made a difference. | 要是那样能改变事实就好了 |
[14:46] | Do you love each other? | 你们爱对方吗? |
[14:52] | Yeah. | 爱 |
[14:54] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[14:55] | We’ve always been oil and water. That’s how my dad describes us. | 我们一直像油和水 我爸是这样形容我们的 |
[15:00] | Victor grew up in Belgrade. I grew up in Berkeley. | 我在伯克利长大 而维克多在贝尔格莱德长大 |
[15:03] | Different religions and politics, socio-economic status. | 不同的宗教、政治和社会经济地位 |
[15:09] | But when I got pregnant, | 但是当我怀孕时 |
[15:10] | we knew we had a lot of issues to work out. | 我们知道有很多问题需要解决 |
[15:14] | And we did. | 我们做到了 |
[15:16] | Then Ricky was born and… | 然后瑞奇出生了… |
[15:20] | we suddenly started arguing over… | 我们突然开始各种争吵… |
[15:23] | When can he safely eat tree nuts? | 他什么时候可以安全地吃坚果? |
[15:26] | How high should he climb on the jungle gym? | 他应该在攀登架上爬多高? |
[15:28] | When can he stay with a babysitter? | 他什么时候可以和保姆待在一起? |
[15:31] | Those little things were the ones we could never work out. | 我们在这些小事上永远无法达成一致 |
[15:36] | But, yes, we still love each other. | 但是 是的 我们仍然爱对方 |
[15:39] | It’s just that… | 只是… |
[15:41] | I’m not sure love is enough anymore. | 我不确定是否光有爱就行了 |
[15:48] | Still waiting. | 还在等 |
[15:50] | Still hoping. | 还有希望 |
[15:52] | That’s kind of what we do, isn’t it, Roses? | 这就是我们要做的 对吗 玫瑰粉们? |
[15:57] | And the wait is over. | 而现在 等待结束了 |
[16:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:19] | We’ve put you back on the list. | 我们已经把你放回名单上了 |
[16:23] | You’re at the very top. | 你在名单顶部 |
[16:29] | I deserved this. | 我活该 |
[16:33] | I wanted those lungs. | 我想要那些肺 |
[16:37] | I wanted someone to die. | 我想有人死 |
[16:39] | Brecca. | 布蕾卡 |
[16:55] | Honey, should we finish? | 亲爱的 别录了吧? |
[16:59] | No. | 不 |
[17:17] | Hello, Dr. Glassman. | 你好 格拉斯曼医生 |
[17:22] | Shaun. | 肖恩 |
[17:24] | You might try knocking next time, | 下次你可以试试敲门 |
[17:26] | although, you know, it might be a little tough. | 虽然 你知道 这可能有点困难 |
[17:33] | – What are you looking for? – You know… | -你在找什么? -你知道… |
[17:38] | My life. | 我的生活 |
[17:41] | Just my life. | 就想找找我的生活 |
[17:59] | Not yet. | 别 |
[18:01] | I think I’m gonna keep at it for a bit. | 我想再试一会儿 |
[18:07] | – Okay. – No, this is on me. You can head home. | -好的 -不用 我来就行 你可以回家了 |
[18:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:23] | I will miss your big screen LED TV. | 我会想念你的大屏液晶电视的 |
[18:27] | It was old and had a pixel line down the right side. | 它很旧 右侧还有一条像素线 |
[18:31] | Did you love Alana? | 你爱阿拉娜吗? |
[18:34] | What? | 什么? |
[18:36] | Did I love Alana? Yeah, of course. | 我爱阿拉娜吗?嗯 当然爱 |
[18:39] | Did you love Debbie? | 你爱过黛比吗? |
[18:42] | Yeah. I loved Debbie. Where is this going, Shaun? | 是的 我爱过黛比 肖恩 你到底想说什么? |
[18:45] | That wasn’t enough for you to get over your differences. | 但你的爱不足以让你们克服分歧 |
[18:48] | How do I know if love will be enough | 我怎么知道我的爱是否足够 |
[18:51] | for me and Lea to get over our differences? | 让我和丽克服分歧? |
[18:54] | You won’t know. | 你不会知道的 |
[18:55] | I mean, how can you know? You can’t know. | 我是说 你怎么可能知道? 你没法知道的 |
[18:59] | I do not like worrying about this. | 我不喜欢为此担心 |
[19:02] | I mean, Lea had some doubts just a little while ago. | 我是说 丽之前有些疑问 |
[19:05] | – You both got over that. – Yes. | -但你们都解决了 -是的 |
[19:08] | – Because I was very supportive. – There you go. | -因为我非常支持她 -那就行了啊 |
[19:11] | But differences about child-raising seem to be bigger than normal differences. | 但关于育儿的差异 似乎比日常差异更大 |
[19:15] | Yeah. Having a child, I mean, that’s big, that’s huge. | 是的 我是说 有个孩子是件大事 |
[19:18] | It’s a shift. It shifts everything. Marriage, everything. | 这是一个转变 会改变一切 婚姻 所有事 |
[19:21] | I do not want a shift in our marriage. | 我不想希望我们的婚姻有任何转变 |
[19:25] | Maybe it’ll shift for the better. | 也许它会变得更好 |
[19:34] | Ardie’s eye. | 阿迪的眼睛 |
[19:36] | First thing I ever bought Maddie was a stuffed aardvark. | 我给玛蒂买的第一样东西是土豚娃娃 |
[19:46] | Back in the day, I performed a 21-hour surgery. | 那天我做了一个21小时的手术 |
[19:49] | I removed an astrocytoma from the medulla of the brain stem. | 我从脑干髓质中 切除了一个星形细胞瘤 |
[19:53] | It was heroic, it put me on the map. | 这手术很难 让我一时名声大噪 |
[19:55] | My elective surgeries were booked out for a year. | 我的择期手术被约到了一年后 |
[19:57] | I was in a zone, like playing scratch golf. | 当时我就像个零差点球员 声名大噪 |
[20:01] | And then Ilana got pregnant. | 然后伊拉娜怀孕了 |
[20:06] | She didn’t want to stop work. Had a real estate thing, doing well. | 她不想辞职 她有房地产的事业 做得很好 |
[20:09] | I didn’t want to stop. I wanted to stay on the map. | 我也不想辞职 我想保持自己的地位 |
[20:13] | And then we brought Maddie home that first night. | 然后 在我们把玛蒂带回家的第一晚 |
[20:19] | Everything changed. | 一切都变了 |
[20:26] | Go talk to Lea. | 去和丽谈谈 |
[20:29] | I tried. | 我试过 |
[20:31] | She had to run a beta test on new EMR software. | 她要测试新的电子病历软件 |
[20:35] | Then you’ll have to wait until she’s done. | 那你就得等她做完测试 |
[21:04] | All I had on my DVR was a marathon of Shark Tank. | 我的硬盘录像机上 只有很多集创智赢家 |
[21:07] | Can’t say I was in the mood to be staring at Mr. Wonderful’s bald head. | 我可没心情盯着完美先生的光头看 |
[21:10] | So why not entertain myself by watching some hot line perfusion action? | 那么为什么 不看看现场灌注来娱乐一下自己呢? |
[21:15] | I’m not one to kink shame. | 我可没有变态羞耻 |
[21:17] | Coffee and cronuts, from Chaz’s bakery. | 查兹面包店的咖啡和可颂甜甜圈 |
[21:20] | I’m happy for the company. | 谢谢你来陪我 |
[21:22] | Pneumi is not much of a conversationalist. | 毕竟肺露米不太健谈 |
[21:25] | – Pneumi? – My pet name for them. | -肺露米? -我给肺取的爱称 |
[21:27] | From the Greek word for lungs, pneumonas. | 来自希腊语的“肺” |
[21:29] | I thought it was better than “Lungy.” | 我觉得比“肺比”好听点 |
[21:31] | Yeah, I may be losing it. | 我神经有点失常了 |
[21:33] | Cronut. | 可颂甜甜圈 |
[21:39] | – Any progress? – Negligible. | -有什么进展吗? -几乎没有 |
[21:41] | I keep doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a different outcome. | 我一遍遍做同样的事情 希望会有不同的结果 |
[21:46] | Yeah, I’m definitely losing it. | 没错 我肯定是精神失常了 |
[21:48] | Then do something different. | 那就做点不一样的事情 |
[21:58] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:06] | Doubling up on antibiotics, and we can add steroids. | 加倍使用抗生素 我们还可以添加类固醇 |
[22:10] | This will either hammer out the infection or the lungs. | 要么干掉肺炎 要么干掉肺 |
[22:24] | – How’s Glassy? – Very sore and very sooty. | -格拉斯还好吗? -挺难过 很悲伤 |
[22:35] | – We need to talk– – About our 37 differences? | -我们需要讨论下… -我们之间的37个差异 |
[22:39] | I thought of two more. | 我又想到了两个 |
[22:42] | Shaun, as you know, I’m kind of busy right now, | 肖恩 如你所知 我现在有点忙 |
[22:45] | so you’ll have to settle for me agreeing that, yes, | 如果你需要我的态度才能安心 |
[22:47] | we’ll have many differences. | 是的 我们会有很多分歧 |
[22:49] | But in time, we’ll be able to work them out. | 但假以时日 我们将能够解决它们 |
[22:51] | That’s what Victor and Shelly thought. | 维克多和雪莉也是这么想的 |
[22:53] | And now they are talking about separating. | 现在他们正在讨论分居 |
[22:56] | I don’t know who Victor and Shelly are. | 我不知道维克多和雪莉是谁 |
[23:00] | In any event, I have at least two more hours of work to do. | 但我至少还有两个小时的工作要忙 |
[23:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:15] | You’re waiting, aren’t you? | 你在等 对吗? |
[23:17] | Yes, I am very patient. | 是的 我很有耐心 |
[23:20] | You are very patient and very understanding. | 你很有耐心也很善解人意 |
[23:22] | And you were so good with me on our babymoon. | 在我们的产前蜜月时你对我也很好 |
[23:25] | If you could just channel some of that… | 如果你能找回其中一些… |
[23:27] | On our babymoon, I thought love was enough. | 产前蜜月时 我以为有爱就够了 |
[23:34] | That’s kind of a big thing to drop on me this late at night. | 大晚上听到这个 我还挺惊讶的 |
[23:39] | You were too busy to discuss it in the morning. | 你早上太忙 没时间讨论这件事 |
[23:42] | So I talked to Dr. Glassman about it, | 所以我和格拉斯曼医生谈了一下 |
[23:44] | and he said having a child will shift our dynamics. | 他说生孩子会改变我们的关系 |
[23:47] | If it does, we can talk about it then. | 如果真是这样 我们到时候再讨论就好了呀 |
[23:49] | If we can’t talk about our dynamics now, how about our differences? | 如果我们现在不谈论我们的关系 那我们之间的差异呢? |
[23:53] | Really? We have 39, | 真的?我们有39个 |
[23:54] | so we need serious time, and I’m sure they’ll keep | 所以我们需要时间认真讨论 而且我们会反复讨论 |
[23:57] | because we’re kind of committed to having a kid together, | 因为我们对一起抚养小孩都很认真 |
[24:00] | whether love is enough or not. | 不管是不是有爱就够了 |
[24:03] | Shaun, I’m way too tired | 肖恩 我太累了 |
[24:05] | to have a productive conversation about this right now. | 没法现在就讨论这么费脑子的话题 |
[24:09] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗? -好吧 |
[24:41] | It’s time to call it. | 该放弃了 |
[24:45] | I had half an hour left on my call when she first came into the ER. | 她第一次进入急诊室时 我还有半小时就要结束值班了 |
[24:49] | Coughing blood, vitals on the floor. | 当时她在咳血 各项生命指标都很低 |
[24:53] | When we opened her up, | 当我们打开她的胸腔时 |
[24:54] | her lungs looked like a 70-year-old’s. | 她的肺看起来像已经70岁了 |
[24:57] | Didn’t think she’d make it through the night. | 我们以为她活不过那个晚上 |
[24:59] | She was eight. | 当时她才八岁 |
[25:04] | I couldn’t go home. And stayed with her that night. | 我没法丢下她回家 整晚守着她 |
[25:09] | And then the next morning, she just opened her eyes, | 然后第二天早上 她睁开了眼睛 |
[25:13] | looked at me and told me she liked my French braid. | 看着我 说喜欢我的法式辫子 |
[25:19] | Once I call it, | 我要是放弃 |
[25:23] | I have to go up there and tell her I failed her. | 就必须上去告诉她我辜负了她 |
[25:34] | Got Riggs’ latest test results. | 拿到了里格斯的最新测试结果 |
[25:36] | Turns out he did have a pre-existing condition. | 他确实有既往病史 |
[25:39] | Hemochromatosis. | 血色素沉着症 |
[25:41] | So the jerk lied about it to get into the study? | 所以这个混蛋为了入选研究撒谎了? |
[25:45] | – That’s the assumption? – He got 3,500 bucks to participate. | -你是这么想的? -入选后他拿到了三千五百美元 |
[25:48] | I think it’s a pretty sound assumption, but whether he lied or not, | 我觉得这么想很合理 不过不管他有没有撒谎 |
[25:51] | it means the screeners are incompetent. | 这意味着筛选器不行 |
[25:54] | That’s got to take a toll. | 这样可不好 |
[25:56] | Expecting the worst of everybody. | 总是以最坏的可能揣测别人 |
[25:58] | I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed. | 我宁愿惊喜也不愿失望 |
[26:02] | And that’s the world view you want to impart to your future child? | 这就是你想教给未来孩子的世界观? |
[26:07] | Assume the worst of everyone? | 假设每个人都是最坏的? |
[26:18] | Help. We need help in here. | 救命 快来救救我儿子 |
[26:22] | – What’s happening? – Add a milligram of lorazepam. | -什么情况? -加入一毫克劳拉西泮 |
[26:25] | – He’s seizing. – Because his ICPs are in the 40s. | -他在抽搐 -因为他的颅内压有40多 |
[26:28] | Cerebral edema’s gotten worse. | 脑水肿越来越严重了 |
[26:29] | If we don’t open Ricky’s skull immediately, he will die. | 如果我们不马上给瑞奇开颅 他会死 |
[26:40] | Removing hemicranial skull flap. | 去除偏侧颅骨瓣 |
[26:44] | Performing wide dural opening. | 打开硬脑膜 |
[26:51] | Look at the monitor. EEG’s all over the place. | 看看显示器 脑电波乱七八糟的 |
[26:54] | He’s still seizing. | 他还在抽搐 |
[26:55] | Place an additional EVD and increase propofol to burst suppress. | 再加一根脑室外引流管 加入异丙酚来加强抑制 |
[26:59] | But he’s maxed out. | 但他的给药量到阈值了 |
[27:01] | Giving more propofol could kill him. | 再加异丙酚可能会杀死他 |
[27:03] | If we don’t, the seizures will definitely kill him. | 如果我们不这样做 癫痫发作肯定会要了他的命 |
[27:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:14] | We can remove the damaged cortex in the left anterior temporal lobe, | 我们可以根据术前成像 |
[27:17] | using pre-op imaging to guide us. | 来去除左前颞叶受损的皮层 |
[27:20] | Cut out part of his brain? That’s extreme. | 切掉他的一部分大脑?那太极端了 |
[27:22] | That is the area that’s causing the seizures. | 那是引起癫痫发作的区域 |
[27:25] | – Might be a tough sell to his parents. – Which is why you will help. | -对他的父母来说可能很难接受 -所以到时候你来帮我说 |
[27:29] | Okay. Please keep him stabilized with eyes to the cortical surface. | 好的 请让他保持稳定 将皮质表面用冰林格氏液 |
[27:39] | “The country flew past, | “田野飞速后退 |
[27:40] | as if they were seeing it from the windows of an express train. | 仿佛是从高速列车窗户里看到的那样 |
[27:44] | Faster and faster they raced, | 他们越跑越快 |
[27:48] | but no one got tired or out of breath.” | 但没有人感到疲倦或气喘吁吁” |
[27:53] | We can save the last chapter for later. | 最后一章以后再读吧 |
[27:58] | There is no later. | 没有以后了 |
[28:08] | Where’s Dr. L? | L医生在哪啊? |
[28:12] | She wasn’t ready to give up on your lungs. | 她还没打算放弃你的肺 |
[28:16] | There’s still a chance? | 还有希望吗? |
[28:20] | Dr. Lim thinks so. | 利姆医生是这么认为的 |
[28:27] | Let’s finish. | 读完吧 |
[28:42] | Chapter 16. | 第16章 |
[28:46] | “Farewell to the Shadowlands.” | “再见 影子大地” |
[28:50] | We’d cut out a small piece of his cortex. | 我们会切下一小块他的大脑皮层 |
[28:52] | It’s already damaged by infection. | 因为它已经被感染损坏了 |
[28:54] | Removing it may be the only way to keep him alive. | 移除它可能是让他活着的唯一方法 |
[28:59] | But how would that affect him? | 但这对他会有什么影响呢? |
[29:01] | There are areas of the brain that are significantly less essential than others. | 大脑的某些区域远不如其他区域重要 |
[29:06] | This part only impacts his speech and memory. | 这部分只影响他的言语和记忆 |
[29:09] | Probably not long-term. | 而且应该不是长期的 |
[29:11] | So he might not be able to talk or know who we are? | 那他可能无法说话或忘记我们是谁? |
[29:15] | We wouldn’t be able to fully assess him until he wakes up. | 在他醒来之前 我们无法对他进行全面评估 |
[29:28] | Ricky’s skull is opened. | 瑞奇的头骨还处于打开状态 |
[29:36] | We should do it. | 我们应该这样做 |
[29:40] | This is a very good hospital. | 这是一家非常好的医院 |
[29:42] | These are very smart doctors. | 这些都是非常聪明的医生 |
[29:45] | And someone very wise once told me that | 一个非常聪慧的人曾经告诉我 |
[29:49] | sometimes you just have to trust things will work out. | 有时你只需要相信事情会好起来的 |
[29:59] | Okay. | 就这样吧 |
[30:26] | Hemochromatosis? | 血色素沉着症? |
[30:28] | You never noticed these symptoms until now? | 直到现在你才注意到这些症状? |
[30:30] | Joint pain, fatigue, mental fuzziness? | 关节疼痛、疲劳、精神模糊? |
[30:32] | I turn 58 next week. | 我下周就满58岁了 |
[30:34] | I haven’t felt a day over 30 until now. | 今天之前 我一直感觉自己还是个二十多的小伙 |
[30:39] | It’s very unlikely your hemochromatosis | 你的血色素沉着症不太可能 |
[30:42] | went from zero to 60 in a week. | 在一周内从零增加到60 |
[30:47] | Is it possible you gave the screener someone else’s blood? | 你有没有用别人的血参加筛选? |
[30:52] | You think I cheated? For the money? | 你觉得我作弊?为了钱? |
[30:54] | No, Mr. Riggs. I’m just trying to– | 不是 里格斯先生 我只是… |
[30:59] | You’re a blood donor in the 20 gallon club? | 你是20加仑俱乐部的献血者? |
[31:02] | Yeah. Regular donor the last 30 years. | 是的 过去30年定期献血 |
[31:04] | When was the last time you donated? | 你最后一次献血是什么时候? |
[31:06] | Two months ago, just before I started this trial. | 两个月前 就在我开始这项试验之前 |
[31:09] | And you’re not allowed to donate while you’re in the trial. | 而且你在试验期间不被允许献血 |
[31:12] | See, that’s the downside. | 看 这就是参加试验的缺点 |
[31:13] | I actually enjoy those cookies. | 我其实挺喜欢那些饼干的 |
[31:17] | I’ll make sure you get all the cookies you want. | 你想吃多少都行 我向你保证 |
[31:31] | Don’t you think it’s time to come home? | 你不觉得该回家了吗? |
[31:34] | No. | 不觉得 |
[31:37] | In that case, I wanted to make you something delicious like you’ve made us, | 既然如此 我想着给你做点 像你给我们做的那样好吃的东西 |
[31:42] | but I’m not a very good cook and everything’s closed, | 但我厨艺不好 而且到处都打烊了 |
[31:46] | so I hope you like | 所以希望你喜欢 |
[31:48] | hot-dog-flavored potato chips and Nutty Buddys. | 热狗味薯片和坚果威化棒 |
[31:56] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[32:00] | – Nail polish? – Father-daughter time. | -指甲油? -父女时光 |
[32:04] | Maddie insisted that she paint my fingernails a sparkly rainbow color. | 玛蒂非要把我的指甲涂成闪亮彩虹色 |
[32:11] | And the next day, my first patient was very uncomfortable. | 第二天 我的第一个病人非常不舒服 |
[32:15] | That’s when I realized I forgot to remove the nail polish. | 那时我才意识到忘记卸掉指甲油了 |
[32:20] | That’s a nice memory. | 那是一段美好的回忆 |
[32:23] | Sit. No, sit, sit, sit. | 坐 来来来 坐下 |
[32:32] | So many memories. | 这么多的回忆 |
[32:36] | That Halloween Maddie wanted to go as a ham | 那个万圣节玛蒂想扮成一条火腿 |
[32:38] | because we had just seen To Kill A Mockingbird. | 因为我们刚看了《杀死一只知更鸟》 |
[32:41] | But she wanted the ham | 但她希望她的衣服 |
[32:44] | to be made out of an actual ham. | 是由真正的火腿制成的 |
[32:48] | And then one night the wind was blowing so hard it blew her bedroom door shut. | 然后有天晚上风刮得很厉害 把她卧室的门吹得猛得关上了 |
[32:53] | She was convinced that her grandmother’s ghost had come back to visit her. | 她觉得是祖母的鬼魂回来看望她了 |
[32:58] | Wanted to sleep in our bed for the next two weeks. | 所以想在之后的两周里和我们睡 |
[33:04] | You didn’t come here just to feed me junk food, did you? | 你不会是来给我吃垃圾食品吧? |
[33:09] | I thought you might need someone to talk to. | 我想你可能需要找人倾诉 |
[33:12] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[33:16] | I know someone you should talk to. | 我知道有个人更需要你去和他谈谈 |
[33:23] | I know. But this was easier. | 我知道 但来这里更容易些 |
[33:38] | “Hot dog” should not be a flavor. | “热狗”不该被做成一种味道 |
[33:43] | “All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia | “他们在这世上的所有生活 以及他们在纳尼亚的所有冒险经历 |
[33:46] | had only been the cover on the title page. | 只是扉页上的封面 |
[33:49] | Now, at last, they were beginning chapter one | 现在 他们终于开始了第一章 |
[33:52] | of the great story which no one on Earth has read, | 那是地球上没有人读过的伟大故事 |
[33:58] | which goes on forever, | 是个不会结束的故事 |
[34:01] | in which every chapter | 其中每一章 |
[34:04] | is better than the one before.” | 都比之前那章更精彩” |
[34:11] | Checking in. Need me to up your morphine? | 我来啦 需要给你注射点吗啡吗? |
[34:15] | Couldn’t hurt. | 来一点 |
[34:27] | Hey, I changed my mind | 嘿 我改变主意了 |
[34:31] | about the vlog. | 关于视频博客 |
[34:34] | Wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[34:45] | Go for it. | 开始吧 |
[34:50] | Hey, Roses. I’m back. | 嗨 玫瑰粉们 我回来了 |
[34:57] | The DLT didn’t really work out, | 双肺移植手术没能成功 |
[34:59] | so this is gonna be my last update. | 所以这将是我最后一次更新 |
[35:07] | I wasn’t even going to do this, I was gonna flip off Dylan Thomas | 我本来不打算更新 我本打算像狄兰托马斯所写的那样 |
[35:12] | and go gently into that good night. | 温和地走进那个良夜 |
[35:16] | But… | 但是 |
[35:19] | I couldn’t leave without saying goodbye. | 但我不能不告而别 |
[35:23] | And that it’s okay to be hurt. | 难过也没有关系 |
[35:28] | I am. | 我是很难过 |
[35:31] | That my life’s been cut short. | 我的生命被缩短了 |
[35:35] | But the upside to all of this | 但这一切的好处 |
[35:39] | is that I feel something I never thought I would. | 是我感受到了 我从未想过会有的感觉 |
[35:42] | It’s gratitude. | 感恩 |
[35:46] | I’m grateful to my sweet mother. | 我很感谢我亲爱的妈妈 |
[35:52] | And… | 还有 |
[35:55] | to the people who keep hope alive. | 那些保持希望不灭的人 |
[36:01] | Like Dr. L, and… | 比如L医生 比如… |
[36:10] | Crash cart. | 急救推车 |
[36:12] | She’s in full respiratory failure. | 她完全呼吸衰竭了 |
[36:15] | – We need to intubate her. – No. | -我们需要给她插管 -不要 |
[36:20] | We need to let her go. | 我们需要放她走 |
[37:12] | Pneumi hit 402. Get Brecca to the OR. | 肺露米数值达到402 马上把布蕾卡送到手术室 |
[37:16] | The lungs are good. We should intubate. | 肺能用了 我们该插管了 |
[37:21] | Yes. | 好的 |
[37:40] | – Ricky? – Dr. Murphy. | -瑞奇? -墨菲医生 |
[37:44] | Ricky? Can you hear us? | 瑞奇?你能听见我们说话吗? |
[37:50] | Hello. | 你好 |
[37:56] | Do you know where you are? | 你知道自己在哪吗? |
[38:04] | Do you know your name? | 你知道你的名字吗? |
[38:22] | I’m Ricky Pavlovich. | 我是瑞奇帕夫洛维奇 |
[38:25] | I’m in the hospital | 我在医院 |
[38:27] | because I stepped on a rusty nail at church camp. | 因为我在教堂营地踩到了生锈的钉子 |
[38:35] | But I would still like to go back there next year. | 但我明年还想去 |
[39:10] | Welcome home, Pneumi. | 欢迎回家 肺露米 |
[39:20] | Riggs is a lifelong blood donor. | 里格斯献了一辈子血 |
[39:23] | – Which totally eliminated his symptoms. – Until he started this trial. | -这完全消除了他的症状 -直到他开始这个试验 |
[39:27] | He’s not allowed to donate till it’s over. | 因为在结束之前 他被禁止去献血 |
[39:29] | So there was nothing wrong with the protocols. Nobody was incompetent. | 所以流程没有问题 筛选也没问题 |
[39:33] | And Riggs isn’t a big, fat liar. | 里格斯也不是个大骗子 |
[39:35] | In fact, he’s a legit hero. | 事实上 他是一个大英雄 |
[39:40] | Maybe my world view does need a little adjustment. | 也许我的世界观确实需要一点调整 |
[39:45] | I prefer Italian roast. | 我更喜欢意大利烤肉 |
[39:47] | Noted. | 知道了 |
[39:53] | Ready to take Pneumi for a test run? | 准备好试用肺露米了吗? |
[39:58] | That’s what she named your lungs. | 这是她给你的肺起的名字 |
[40:00] | It was a weird night. | 真是个奇怪的夜晚 |
[40:06] | Start small. | 慢慢来 |
[41:03] | Thanks for coming. | 感谢你能来 |
[41:06] | We should talk. | 我们是该谈谈 |
[41:23] | Number 39, dietary restrictions. | 第39条 饮食限制 |
[41:29] | Other than breast milk. | 除了母乳 |
[41:33] | I felt a kick! | 宝宝踢我了! |
[41:41] | I felt… | 我感觉到… |
[41:43] | This is very exciting. | 这非常令人兴奋 |
[41:47] | Come here. | 来 |
[41:54] | Think of all of the new memories | 想想看 所有新的回忆 |
[41:57] | waiting to be made. | 都在等着你去创造 |
[42:03] | Hey. Let’s go home. | 嘿 我们回家吧 |
[42:10] | Number 39, other than breast milk, | 第39条 除了母乳 |
[42:13] | I don’t think that peanut should have any dairy products before six months. | 我认为花生在六个月之前 不应该接触任何乳制品 |
[42:18] | Easy-peasy. | 没问题 |
[42:19] | Number 38? | 第38条呢? |