时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | She’s smart, she’s tough. She’ll fight for ya. | 她很聪明 很坚强 会为你而战 |
[00:04] | I’ve been impressed with her. | 我对她印象很好 |
[00:06] | – How many times have you been sued? – Twice, just twice. | -你被起诉了多少次? -两次 就两次 |
[00:08] | When you run a hospital, it’s good to know a lawyer. | 管理医院的时候 认识一位律师总是好的 |
[00:11] | Hey, Aaron. | 嗨 亚伦 |
[00:13] | Janet. Hi. | 珍妮特 嗨 |
[00:14] | My gosh. Did it happen, did you play Pebble Beach? | 我的天 你真去原石滩玩了? |
[00:17] | I did and it was the worst mistake. | 是的 简直是这辈子最大的错误 |
[00:20] | Hello. I am Dr. Shaun Murphy | 你好 我是肖恩墨菲医生 |
[00:22] | of San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital. Your client. | 来自圣博纳旺蒂尔医院 是你的当事人 |
[00:25] | Yes. Aaron has told me a lot about you. | 我知道 亚伦说过很多关于你的事 |
[00:28] | – Congratulations on– – Is this billable time? | -恭喜你… -现在开始计费了吗? |
[00:31] | It is. But it will be paid for by your insurance company. | 是的 但是你的保险公司付钱 |
[00:35] | And I have good news. | 我有个好消息 |
[00:38] | $300,000. | 三十万美元 |
[00:40] | That will be paid by your malpractice insurance. | 将由你的医疗事故保险支付 |
[00:42] | You have to sign some documents, | 你只用签署一些文件 |
[00:44] | and agree to a six-month supervisory period. | 并同意六个月的监管即可 |
[00:47] | You can still practice medicine, | 你可以继续行医 |
[00:49] | but another doctor will have to sign off on your decisions. | 但必须由另一位医生签字 你的决定才能生效 |
[00:52] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[00:54] | That is not good news. | 这可不是什么好消息 |
[00:59] | Can it be anyone? | 我的签字有效吗? |
[01:00] | Anyone qualified. | 有资格的人都能签字 |
[01:02] | So, Park, Morgan. It could be anyone you trust. | 所以 帕克、摩根 或者任何你信任的人都行 |
[01:06] | – It could be me. – I’ve worked very hard | -我也行 -我努力工作 |
[01:09] | to be an attending. | 成为一名住院医生 |
[01:10] | To prove that | 是为了证明 |
[01:11] | I don’t need anyone’s approval to do what I think should be done. | 我不需要任何人的同意 就可以做我认为应该做的事情 |
[01:14] | Which is often different from what Park or Morgan, or you, think should be done. | 而我想做的事总和 你、帕克和摩根认为应该做的事不同 |
[01:20] | Also… | 而且… |
[01:22] | it is very humiliating. | 这太侮辱人了 |
[01:26] | What if he says no? | 如果他不同意怎么办? |
[01:27] | We go to trial. | 那就去接受审判 |
[01:29] | And if he loses at trial? | 如果他输了呢? |
[01:30] | The money will still be paid by the insurance company. | 这笔钱仍将由保险公司支付 |
[01:33] | But the bigger issue is | 但更大的问题是 |
[01:34] | that a report, and the court’s decision, will go to the California Medical Board. | 报告和法院的决定 将被提交给加州医疗委员会 |
[01:38] | And they will make a decision about whether | 他们将决定 |
[01:41] | you have a future as a doctor. | 你将来是否还能继续行医 |
[01:49] | I’ll settle. | 我选择和解 |
[01:54] | I need to go to the bathroom. | 我需要去洗手间 |
[02:05] | Excuse me. | 抱歉… |
[02:08] | You’re Dr. Shaun Murphy, Ms. Stewart’s 10:00 a.m.? | 你是肖恩墨菲医生 斯图亚特女士上午10点的客户? |
[02:12] | Yes. Hello. | 是的 你好 |
[02:14] | My name is Joni DeGroot. | 我叫琼妮德格鲁特 |
[02:17] | I’m curious about cancer patients whose exposure came from formaldehyde | 我很好奇因压制板材家具散发的甲醛 |
[02:21] | in pressed wood office furniture. Have you had a case like that? | 而患癌的病人 你遇见过这样的情况吗? |
[02:26] | No. Nor have I read about that. If you have a case where that is alleged, | 没有 我也没读过相关资料 如果你遇到这样的案例 |
[02:30] | – I would not be a good consultant. – It’s not for a case. | -我没法给出很好的建议 -这不是案件相关 |
[02:35] | Thank you. Thank you, Dr. Murphy. | 谢谢 墨菲医生 |
[02:37] | Tell Ms. Stewart to review my update | 转告斯图尔特女士在敲定保密协议前 |
[02:40] | on Carter v. Willis before finalizing an NDA, | 查看下我关于卡特诉威尔斯案的更新 |
[02:42] | the Idaho District Court made the stare decisis vulnerable. | 在爱达荷州地方法院 想要遵循先例是非常难的 |
[03:01] | Are you working on my case? | 你负责我的案子吗? |
[03:03] | You should not be in here. | 你不应该进来的 |
[03:05] | This is my office, no one is supposed to come into my office. | 这是我的办公室 任何人不得进入我的办公室 |
[03:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:15] | I’m not officially on your case… | 我不负责处理你的案子… |
[03:19] | but I read the file. | 但我读了你的文件 |
[03:20] | It was amazing how you created | 你用铝罐碎片制作了动脉夹 |
[03:22] | arterial clamps from pieces of an aluminum can. | 真的很厉害 |
[03:24] | Yes. Why is everything covered in plastic? | 好吧 为什么所有东西都盖了塑料? |
[03:27] | They’re getting ready to paint. | 要重新刷墙 |
[03:28] | I thought it was because of your Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. | 我以为是因为你的强迫症 |
[03:35] | I used to have a closet for an office. | 我以前也把壁橱当办公室过 |
[03:37] | Did you choose this instead of sharing an office? | 你是自愿在这里 而不是在大办公室办公的吗? |
[03:39] | Not a closet, it’s an office. | 这不是壁橱 是个办公室 |
[03:41] | It’s very small. Even smaller than my closet. | 太小了 比我的壁橱还小 |
[03:43] | This is all I need. I don’t meet with clients. And it’s very private, | 我只需要这么大的空间 我不用见客户 而且这里私密性很好 |
[03:47] | – I’m not disturbed during research. – Or your rituals. | -我在研究期间不会受到打扰 -是仪式期间吧 |
[03:52] | – Nice to meet you, Joni DeGroot. – You’re settling your case? | -很高兴见到你 琼妮德格鲁特 -你的案子要和解? |
[03:57] | Yes. Ms. Stewart and Dr. Glassman say it is for the best. | 是的 斯图尔特女士和格拉斯曼医生 都说这样是最好的 |
[04:02] | It includes a supervisory period? | 和解方案包括监管期? |
[04:04] | Yes. Six months. | 是的 六个月 |
[04:08] | It doesn’t seem right, does it? | 这似乎不对 不是吗? |
[04:12] | That you’d be punished for saving a man’s life? | 要为救人性命而受到惩罚 |
[04:18] | You’ve overcome a lot. | 你已经克服了很多困难 |
[04:20] | To have that kind of mark on your record… | 在你的档案上留下这种记录… |
[04:23] | seems very humiliating. | 看起来太侮辱人了 |
[04:30] | I see you’re still in the big office. | 我看你还在大办公室办公 |
[04:32] | The partner-uprising wasn’t as bad as you feared? | 似乎合伙人冲突没你想的那么糟糕? |
[04:35] | It’s an ongoing battle. | 这是一场持续的战斗 |
[04:39] | Joni, I’m with a client. | 琼妮 我在见客户 |
[04:42] | No. She is. | 她来的正是时候 |
[04:46] | Joni is my lawyer now. She will be representing me at trial. | 现在琼妮是我的律师了 她将在庭审中代表我 |
[05:12] | I have a new lawyer. | 我有一位新律师了 |
[05:16] | I have a new client. | 我有一个新客户了 |
[05:17] | How’d you get the partners to change their minds? | 你是怎么让合伙人改变主意的? |
[05:20] | The client insisted that I represent him instead of Janet Stewart. | 客户坚持要我代表他 而不是珍妮特斯图尔特 |
[05:25] | What? | 什么? |
[05:32] | You stole your boss’s client? | 你偷了你老板的客户? |
[05:36] | – What does Glassman think about this? – He said it was my decision. | -格拉斯曼对此有何看法? -他说我自己决定 |
[05:40] | Did he say that in a neutral way or an angry way? | 他听起来很平和还是很生气? |
[05:48] | Angry. | 很生气 |
[05:50] | He is worried about Joni’s lack of experience. | 他担心琼妮经验不足 |
[05:53] | But she’s smart and because of her OCD, | 但她很聪明 而且她有强迫症 |
[05:56] | she is very thorough and understands my situation. | 所以她对我的情况了解得非常透彻 |
[05:59] | OCD… You mean, she’s really neat and organized? | 强迫症…你是指她很整洁、有条理? |
[06:02] | No. That is not OCD. She has repetitive intrusive thoughts | 不 那不是强迫症 她有重复的侵入性想法 |
[06:06] | that cause excessive anxiety which she manages with ritual behavior. | 这会导致过度焦虑 所以她不得不通过仪式行为来缓解 |
[06:11] | And when you say lack of experience? | 那经验不足是指? |
[06:14] | This will be her first trial. | 这将是她的第一次庭审 |
[06:18] | I get to go to court… I get to be a real lawyer. | 我要上法庭了… 我将成为一名真正的律师 |
[06:22] | Which is great, very exciting. But it’s also… court. | 很棒 令人兴奋 但那是…法庭啊 |
[06:27] | All those people, the judge, the jury, the other lawyers | 所有那些人 法官、陪审团、其他律师 |
[06:31] | and everyone looking at you, watching while you… do that. | 每个人都会看着你 看着你…那样做 |
[06:38] | I’m practicing exposure to contaminants and noises. | 我正在练习接触污染物和噪音 |
[06:41] | I can adapt. I can hide it. | 我能适应 还可以隐藏这些动作 |
[06:44] | But that’s the upside of your current set-up. | 但这是你适应的方式 |
[06:47] | – You don’t have to hide it. – Because they’re hiding me. | -你不必隐藏 -我不隐藏 他们就雪藏我 |
[07:02] | Pockets. | 手放口袋里 |
[07:04] | Your outfits for court all need pockets. | 法庭上穿的衣服都有口袋 |
[07:06] | When you need to tap, put your hand in there, no one will know. | 把手放在口袋里敲 这样就没人会发现了 |
[07:14] | Just don’t be late. | 记得别迟到 |
[07:18] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[07:23] | I thought you had this worked out. | 我以为你已经解决了这个问题 |
[07:25] | I know. I’m sorry. The bus stalled. Right in the middle of Hastings. | 我知道 对不起 公共汽车在黑斯廷抛锚了 |
[07:29] | You want me to call VTA and check if that’s true? | 要我给交管局打电话吗? |
[07:34] | No. Sorry. It won’t happen again. | 不用 对不起 下次不会了 |
[07:44] | The night of the accident, you were coming from where? | 出事当晚 你从哪里来? |
[07:46] | I was giving Shaun a lift home, we had grabbed dinner together after work. | 我们下班后一起吃了晚饭 然后我开车送肖恩回家 |
[07:50] | Did either of you have alcohol with dinner? | 你们有没有在晚餐时喝酒? |
[07:53] | I… had a beer, and Shaun didn’t. | 我…喝了一杯啤酒 肖恩没喝 |
[07:59] | Joni, your tapping is distracting Dr. Park. | 琼妮 你的敲击声会让帕克医生分心 |
[08:02] | I’m okay. | 我不介意 |
[08:06] | Tap three times or let things flip. | 敲三下就没事了 |
[08:08] | Your shift that day. How long was it? | 你们当天值了多久的班? |
[08:10] | Did you or Dr. Murphy have any difficult surgeries? | 你或墨菲医生 做过什么高难度手术吗? |
[08:13] | Nothing unusual. | 没有什么不寻常的事 |
[08:15] | I had an endarterectomy, 22-year-old patient. | 我做了动脉内膜切除术 病人22岁 |
[08:18] | Tap three time or bad things will happen. | 敲三下 否则会发生不好的事情 |
[08:22] | Tap three time or bad things will happen. | 敲三下 否则会发生不好的事情 |
[08:26] | Tap three time or bad things will happen. | 敲三下 否则会发生不好的事情 |
[08:29] | Tap three time or bad things will happen. | 敲三下 否则会发生不好的事情 |
[08:31] | Joni? | 琼妮? |
[08:33] | I’m sure you have more questions for Dr. Park. | 我相信你还有其他问题要问帕克医生 |
[08:43] | You and Dr. Murphy left the restaurant around what time? | 你和墨菲医生大约几点离开餐厅的? |
[08:47] | A little after 10:30 p.m. We were on Hellyer, | 晚上十点半多一点 当时我们在海耶尔公园 |
[08:50] | coming to the wooded section at the park. | 来到树木很多的地方 |
[08:52] | And between the rain and the turns, I was driving pretty slowly… | 因为下雨和转弯多 我开得很慢… |
[09:02] | Good thing, there was a car in the road. | 路上有一辆车 |
[09:15] | I’m a doctor. My name is Alex Park. | 我是医生 叫阿历克斯帕克 |
[09:17] | – I need to examine– – Where’s Bob? | -我需要检查… -鲍勃在哪? |
[09:19] | I need you to hold still. Scalp laceration. | 我需要你保持不动 头皮裂伤 |
[09:24] | – Was there anyone else in the car? – Yes. My brother, Bob. | -车里还有其他人吗? -有 我哥哥鲍勃 |
[09:28] | He was driving. | 他是司机 |
[09:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:44] | He was thrown out. | 他被甩了出去 |
[09:56] | Bob… | 鲍勃… |
[10:05] | Bob? | 鲍勃? |
[10:08] | I found Bob. He is bleeding from his radial artery. | 我找到鲍勃了 他的桡动脉在出血 |
[10:19] | We need to move him. | 我们需要移动他 |
[10:21] | I can’t leave her! | 我不能离开她! |
[10:40] | Okay, Bob. | 好吧 鲍勃 |
[10:59] | – That’s wrong. – What? | -错了 -什么? |
[11:03] | You didn’t bring him that way. | 你不是从那边走的 |
[11:06] | – Yes, I did. – No, you didn’t. | -是那边 -不 不是 |
[11:09] | Yes, he did. | 他确实是从那走的 |
[11:10] | No, he didn’t. You couldn’t have. There was a log there. | 不 他不是 你不可能从那走 那里有截木头 |
[11:32] | Most people’s brains prioritize details, weed out what seems unimportant. | 多数人的大脑会优先考虑细节 剔除看似不重要的东西 |
[11:36] | My brain doesn’t. | 我的大脑不是这样的 |
[11:38] | Why does it matter what route Shaun took out of the woods? | 为什么肖恩走出树林的路线很重要? |
[11:41] | – The case is– – It matters, | -这个案子… -很重要 |
[11:43] | because if that way was blocked, | 因为如果那条路被堵住了 |
[11:46] | I must have taken him this way. | 那我一定是搬着他从这边走的 |
[11:48] | I would’ve had to angle the spinal board, | 我会不得不调整脊椎板的角度 |
[11:51] | which could have caused neurological injury. | 这可能会造成神经损伤 |
[11:53] | Which could mean my neuro exam was off. Which could mean… | 可能意味着我的神经检查不合格 而这可能意味着… |
[11:58] | I didn’t need to amputate his hand. | 我不需要截去他的手 |
[12:06] | This seems like a good time for a break. | 似乎该休息一下了 |
[12:26] | Tell me about your decision to amputate the plaintiff’s hand. | 说说你为什么决定截断原告的手 |
[12:30] | His breathing became labored, and his pulse was thready. | 他的呼吸变得吃力 脉搏微弱 |
[12:36] | He had no capillary refill, | 他的毛细血管没有再充盈 |
[12:38] | his hand was irreversibly damaged | 所以他的手受到了不可逆转的损伤 |
[12:41] | from lack of blood flow. It was leaking toxins | 由于缺乏血液流动 它正在释放毒素 |
[12:43] | that’d stop his heart before we reached the hospital. | 在到医院前 就会使他的心脏停止跳动 |
[12:46] | I need to amputate his hand. | 我需要截掉他的手 |
[12:48] | The ambulance is two minutes away. | 两分钟后救护车就到了 |
[12:50] | But ambulances do not carry amputation kits. | 但是救护车上没有截肢工具包 |
[12:53] | There’s no time. | 没时间了 |
[13:24] | Once I removed the hand, | 我截掉他的手后 |
[13:27] | we traveled safely to the hospital. | 我们安全地到达了医院 |
[13:32] | That’s not quite how I remember it. | 和我记忆里的不太一样 |
[13:41] | The ambulance is two minutes away! | 两分钟后救护车就到了! |
[13:43] | I need to amputate his hand. There’s no time. | 我需要截掉他的手 没时间了 |
[13:51] | Shaun, it could be vasospasm. | 肖恩 他可能是血管痉挛 |
[13:54] | The ambulance is here. They’ll have a calcium channel blocker. | 救护车来了 他们有钙通道阻滞剂 |
[13:57] | That might restore the blood flow. | 可能会让血流恢复 |
[14:04] | Shaun, are you sure? | 肖恩 你确定吗? |
[14:19] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[14:21] | This is a disaster. | 真是一场灾难 |
[14:23] | He has to settle. You have to talk him into accepting the settlement. | 他得和解 你必须说服他接受和解 |
[14:26] | No. This doesn’t change the underlying merits of– | 这并没有改变潜在的好处… |
[14:29] | It changes the testimony, our testimony. | 但这会改变证词 我方的证词 |
[14:32] | One of our witnesses is going to testify that our client screwed up. | 我们的一位证人 将作证说我们的当事人搞砸了 |
[14:36] | His view of the accident is almost exactly what their expert– What are you doing? | 他对这事的看法 和他们的专家基本一致 你要干嘛? |
[14:41] | I’ll talk to Dr. Park | 我要和帕克医生谈谈 |
[14:42] | – and counsel him on– – I meant to my books. | -并问问他… -我是问你要对我的书干嘛 |
[14:45] | I straightened one. Or two. | 我整理了一两本 |
[14:48] | Listen to me. Taking this case to trial, | 听我说 让此案接受庭审 |
[14:52] | with that client and you as counsel is a terrible idea. | 让你给那样的客户当辩护律师 都是非常糟糕的决定 |
[14:57] | You can’t win a case if the jury doesn’t like you, | 如果陪审团不喜欢你 你就无法赢得官司 |
[15:01] | if you make them uncomfortable. | 如果你让他们不自在 |
[15:03] | Fix this or bad things will happen. | 整理好 否则会发生不好的事情 |
[15:07] | Fix this or bad things will happen. | 整理好 否则会发生不好的事情 |
[15:15] | You can’t control yourself in my office. | 你连在我办公室都无法控制自己 |
[15:18] | How are you going to control yourself in court? | 你打算怎么在法庭上控制好自己呢? |
[15:25] | Texas v. Marquez. | 得克萨斯州诉马尔克斯案 |
[15:27] | What? | 什么? |
[15:28] | 425 Federal Digest. Page 734. | 联邦文摘425期第734页 |
[15:31] | You’re going to have to give me a little… | 你得多说一点我才能… |
[15:33] | Owen Marquez was caught entering his high school carrying a Swiss army knife, | 欧文马尔克斯被发现 带着一把瑞士军刀进入他的高中 |
[15:38] | he was charged with being on school property with a weapon. | 他被指控携带武器进入学校 |
[15:41] | But they set up the metal detectors outside the front door. | 但他们会在前门外安装金属探测器 |
[15:47] | – The case was dismissed. – Interesting. | -所以案子被驳回了 -有趣 |
[15:50] | But different state, | 但我们不在德克萨斯 |
[15:52] | – different court, law– – Same principle. | -有不同的法院和法律 -但底层逻辑一样 |
[15:54] | I can’t convince a judge that– | 我不觉得能说服法官… |
[15:56] | Let me try. | 让我试试 |
[16:03] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[16:11] | Stop. | 停下 |
[16:13] | I’m about to test the lactate levels in Bob’s hand. | 我要测试鲍勃手中的乳酸含量 |
[16:15] | This will prove if I was right to amputate. | 这将证明我截肢的决定是否正确 |
[16:18] | – This’ll tell you nothing. – Medically, it will. | -那样证明不了什么 -可以 |
[16:20] | Legally, morally, this will tell you nothing. | 从法律和道德上都证明不了什么 |
[16:23] | This test will tell me the truth. | 但这个测试能告诉我真相 |
[16:28] | Was that a laugh? | 你是在笑吗? |
[16:30] | – It was a scoff. – Why would you scoff at the truth? | -是嘲笑 -你为什么要嘲笑事实? |
[16:34] | – What truth? – There’s only one. | -什么事实? -唯一的事实 |
[16:37] | There’s a single correct answer to any question. | 任何问题都有一个正确答案 |
[16:40] | You’re asking what was the right thing to do then, given what you know now. | 但你在用当下所知验证过往决定 |
[16:44] | A stupid question. | 很愚蠢 |
[16:46] | – I don’t like to use the word stupid? -“Desperate” then. For an answer. | -我不喜欢愚蠢这个词 -那“绝望”呢 为了个答案 |
[16:50] | Whatever that test says, we have to share it. | 无论那个测试结果如何 我们都必须告知原告 |
[16:53] | If it goes the way you want, we’ll win this case. | 如果结果如你所想 我们肯定能赢得这场官司 |
[16:56] | If it goes the other way, we will definitely lose. | 但如果情况相反 我们就会彻底输掉 |
[16:59] | But neither result will tell you if you did the right thing, | 但不管结果如何 都无法告诉你 鉴于你当时所知 |
[17:02] | given what you knew at the time. | 你是否做了正确决定 |
[17:05] | So the real question here is… | 所以真正的问题是… |
[17:07] | Do you believe in that test more than you believe in me? | 比起相信我 你更相信那个测试吗? |
[17:26] | Why? | 为什么? |
[17:28] | Why am I doing what you just asked me to do? | 为什么我要做你刚才让我做的事? |
[17:32] | Why do you have so much confidence in me? | 你为什么对我这么有信心? |
[17:37] | I’m a lawyer with OCD. | 我是一名患有强迫症的律师 |
[17:41] | I work out of a closet. | 我在壁橱里办公 |
[17:43] | I was late to the only meeting you had with me. | 你我唯一的一次会面 我迟到了 |
[17:46] | Why do you trust me more than the test? | 为什么比起测试 你更相信我? |
[17:52] | Because the test doesn’t care. | 因为测试没有心 |
[18:01] | That’s a good answer. | 这是一个很好的答案 |
[18:07] | We’re going to have a motion to dismiss tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. Don’t be late. | 我们明早十点提出撤案动议 不要迟到 |
[18:23] | One, two, three. One, two, three. | 一二三 一二三 |
[18:28] | One, two, three. | 一二三 |
[18:31] | One, two– | 一二… |
[18:32] | We’ll be okay. | 会没事的 |
[18:34] | Only if I do this right. | 前提是我不数错 |
[18:37] | Now I have to start over. | 现在我得重新开始数 |
[18:43] | One, two, three. | 一二三 |
[18:46] | One, two, three– | 一二三 |
[18:47] | Mom will be okay. | 妈妈不会有事的… |
[18:51] | One, two, three. | 一二三 |
[18:53] | One, two, three. | 一二三 |
[18:55] | Joni DeGroot for the defense, Your Honor. | 法官大人 琼妮德格鲁特担任辩护人 |
[18:57] | Yes. I see your name here on top of your brief. | 我知道 你的辩护状上有你的名字 |
[18:59] | Excellent. May I say what a privilege it is– | 太好了 我很荣幸能… |
[19:02] | No. No, you may not. | 不用不用 没什么可荣幸的 |
[19:04] | You’re just here to argue this motion. Which… | 你只是来申请驳回诉讼的 |
[19:08] | is a novel argument. | 你的论点很新颖啊 |
[19:12] | – Thank you, Your Honor. – It wasn’t completely a compliment. | -谢谢您 法官大人 -我不是在表扬你 |
[19:22] | Dr. Murphy cannot be held liable for professional misconduct | 墨菲医生 不应被追究专业不当行为的责任 |
[19:25] | because Dr. Murphy was not acting in a professional capacity. | 因为他当时不是以专业身份行事 |
[19:29] | – He was a Good Samaritan. – You’re taking the position | -他只是个好心的撒玛利亚人 -你是说 |
[19:31] | the Good Samaritan exception stayed in effect even after the ambulance arrived? | 即使在救护车到达后 他也只是个好心的撒玛利亚人? |
[19:36] | Yes. Because he didn’t do the amputation in the ambulance. | 是 因为他没在救护车上做截肢手术 |
[19:39] | – He was outside it. – He chose not to do it inside. | -而是在救护车外做的 -他故意不在救护车上做的 |
[19:42] | To save your client’s life. He had not time. | 因为急着救你当事人的命 |
[19:44] | – The ambulance was right there. -“Right there”? | -救护车就在旁边 -“就在旁边”? |
[19:47] | Would it have been “right there” if he was ten feet away? | 请定义旁边 十英尺算旁边吗? |
[19:50] | – A hundred feet? A half a mile? – Interesting questions. For another case. | -一百英尺呢?半英里呢? -很有趣的问题 但是 |
[19:54] | – He was five feet away. – Outside is outside. | -救护车就在五英尺外 -外面就是外面 |
[19:57] | The statute specifies protection | 法规明确保护 |
[19:58] | if the care happens at the scene of an emergency. | 如果护理发生在紧急情况现场 |
[20:01] | Counsel is using a technical distinction that– | 被告律师依照的是技术区分… |
[20:04] | Counsel is using the law. | 被告律师依照的是法律 |
[20:05] | Statutory interpretation rules require, to give effect, if possible, | 法定解释规则要求 在可能的情况下 |
[20:09] | to every clause and word of a statute, avoiding, | 对法规的每一个条款和词句 都要给予效力 |
[20:11] | if it may be, any construction which implies that the legislature– | 以避免任何暗示立法机构的解释… |
[20:15] | Two more squeaks. | 还有两声嘎吱 |
[20:17] | Two more squeaks. | 还有两声嘎吱 |
[20:29] | – You just stopped? – I lost my train of thought. | -你就那么停下了? -我失去了思路 |
[20:32] | You said you didn’t think you could win. | 反正你认为这个动议赢不了 |
[20:34] | I would’ve finished it. | 但我会把话说完! |
[20:39] | I… | 我… |
[20:43] | I heard a squeak. | 我听到一声嘎吱 |
[20:47] | I needed two more squeaks to complete the set. | 我还需要两声才能继续 |
[20:54] | They pulled the settlement offer. | 他们取消了和解提议 |
[20:58] | And the partners met. You’re off the case. | 合伙人开了个会 这案子不归你管了 |
[21:05] | – They told you– – The vote was unanimous. | -他们告诉你… -投票一致通过 |
[21:12] | You’re a good researcher, | 你是个很好的研究员 |
[21:14] | you’re a database that thinks. | 你是个会思考的数据库 |
[21:17] | But you need to accept that you are not, | 但你需要接受这个事实 |
[21:20] | and are never going to be a good lawyer. | 你永远无法成为一名优秀的律师 |
[21:26] | No. No, no. Joni is my lawyer. | 不不不 琼妮才是我的律师 |
[21:29] | It’s my case, my choice. | 我的案子 由我决定 |
[21:31] | And your career that’s riding on this. | 但你的职业生涯岌岌可危 |
[21:36] | Joni’s deficits are more significant than you think they are. | 琼妮的问题远比你想象的要严重 |
[21:40] | Everybody said that about me. Everybody was– | 每个人都这么说我 每个人都… |
[21:42] | Do you know why her office is a closet? | 你知道她为什么在壁橱办公吗? |
[21:45] | Joni has had issues since she started here. She was late, a lot. | 琼妮来这后出了很多状况 经常迟到 |
[21:50] | Her first assignment, her first motion, she missed it. | 她错过了 她的第一个任务 第一个动议 |
[21:53] | She must have had a good reason. | 她一定有充分的理由 |
[21:56] | She saw someone drowning. | 她看到有人溺水 |
[21:59] | She was on her way to court, | 她在去法庭的路上 |
[22:01] | driving by the bay and saw something. She stopped, | 开车经过海湾 看到了一些东西 于是停了下来 |
[22:03] | called the police. They shut down the road | 报了警 他们封锁了道路 |
[22:06] | searched the water. Joni knew she saw | 搜索了水域 琼妮知道她看到了 |
[22:09] | a log, a wave, nothing. | 一根木头 一个浪 无关紧要的东西 |
[22:12] | But her mind wouldn’t accept that it was nothing. | 但她的大脑无法接受这是无关紧要的 |
[22:17] | We found out this had happened twice before. | 我们发现这种情况以前发生过两次 |
[22:21] | Why didn’t you fire her? | 你为什么不解雇她? |
[22:23] | Because she threatened to sue us, | 因为她威胁要起诉我们 |
[22:25] | arguing that firing her would be a violation | 争辩说解雇她违反了 |
[22:27] | of the Americans With Disabilities Act. | 美国残疾人法案 |
[22:30] | – Was it? – I’m not sure. I don’t think so. | -那会违反吗? -我不确定 我认为不会 |
[22:32] | But this brief that she wrote… | 但她写的这篇辩护状… |
[22:35] | most impressive thing I’ve ever read. | 是我读过最令人印象深刻的东西 |
[22:39] | So she doesn’t need an office | 所以她不需要办公室 |
[22:41] | because she doesn’t need to meet clients because she does research. | 因为她不用见客户 她只做研究 |
[22:46] | Just research. | 也只能做研究 |
[22:49] | She cannot be your trial attorney. | 她不能当你的辩护律师 |
[22:56] | – I hate her. – I don’t. | -我恨她 -我不恨 |
[22:58] | She stuffed you in a closet, set you up to fail– | 她把你塞进壁橱里 故意让你失败… |
[23:01] | You know she’s done more. She hired me– | 你知道她做的够多了 她雇了我… |
[23:03] | She sent you to court on your own. Expecting what? | 她让你独自出庭 她在期待什么? |
[23:06] | She expected me to do the job. So did I. | 她期待我能完成工作 我也是 |
[23:09] | She could have been there to– | 她完全可以和你一起… |
[23:11] | It was my idea, my argument, my case. | 那是我的想法 我的论点 我的案子 |
[23:15] | My failure. | 失败的也是我 |
[23:38] | Why do you want to be a lawyer? | 你为什么想成为一名律师? |
[23:52] | Why did you threaten to sue? | 你为什么威胁要起诉? |
[23:55] | Why do you want to be there? | 你为什么想在那工作? |
[23:57] | They’re a very good firm, | 那是家非常好的公司 |
[24:00] | interesting files, important cases, | 有趣的文件 重要的案子 |
[24:02] | and it’s not like I have huge options– | 而且我也没那么多选择… |
[24:04] | No. I meant… | 不 我的意思是… |
[24:06] | why do you want to be a lawyer. | 你为什么想当律师? |
[24:12] | A lawyer saved our family. | 一位律师拯救了我们家 |
[24:18] | Our father died in a car accident when I was eight. | 我八岁时 父亲死于一场车祸 |
[24:21] | That’s when my OCD started. | 从此我的强迫症就开始了 |
[24:24] | I was very worried my mother would die too. | 我很担心我妈妈也会死 |
[24:26] | You developed rituals meant to prevent it? | 所以你制定了防止这事发生的仪式? |
[24:31] | And she didn’t die. | 她并没有死 |
[24:33] | But she did drink. | 但她酗酒 |
[24:38] | Bad things happened. | 不好的事情还是发生了 |
[24:40] | And a lot of people made a lot of mistakes. | 后来不同的人犯了不同的错 |
[24:44] | Our mother. | 我们的母亲 |
[24:46] | Some overworked social workers, | 一些过度劳累的社工 |
[24:49] | some foster parents, | 一些寄养父母 |
[24:52] | a judge… | 一位法官… |
[24:56] | But one person made it all right again. | 但又出现了一个人 力挽狂澜 |
[25:02] | A lawyer. | 一位律师 |
[25:10] | Joni. | 琼妮 |
[25:13] | – I still want you as my lawyer. – Dr. Murphy, I made a huge mistake. | -我仍然希望你做我的律师 -墨菲医生 我犯了一个大错 |
[25:20] | Because… I have a problem. | 因为…我有问题 |
[25:24] | We all have problems. | 我们都有问题 |
[25:30] | I’ll talk to Janet. | 我会和珍妮特谈谈 |
[25:38] | Dr. Murphy wants you as first chair. So you’re first chair. | 你是首席律师 因为墨菲医生希望你当首席律师 |
[25:41] | – I’m first chair. – You are not. | -我是首席律师吗 -你不是 |
[25:43] | – I’m not first chair. – You are a figurehead. | -那我不是首席律师吗 -你是傀儡 |
[25:46] | You’ll sit in your first chair, not a word. | 你坐在首席上就行 不要说话 |
[25:48] | You will not stand up. You will not object. | 不要站起来 不要提出异议 |
[25:50] | If you have to tap, you will tap quietly. On your leg. | 如果一定要敲 就悄悄敲在腿上 |
[25:54] | – Now wish me luck. – Good luck. | -现在祝我好运 -祝你好运 |
[25:59] | In your opinion, when Dr. Murphy concluded that my client’s hand | 在你看来 当墨菲医生断定我客户的手 |
[26:02] | was damaged and needed to be amputated– | 受伤需要截肢时… |
[26:05] | He was wrong. | 他错了 |
[26:07] | The lack of blood flow was caused by | 血流不足是由于 |
[26:08] | a temporary condition known as vasospasm, | 名为血管痉挛的短期症状 |
[26:11] | which can occur after a trauma, such as a car accident. | 可能发生在外伤后 比如车祸后 |
[26:14] | Vessels temporarily clamp down, cutting off the flow of blood. | 血管暂时收缩 切断血液流动 |
[26:18] | In this case, Mr. Patton’s ulnar artery spasmed. | 此案中 巴顿先生的尺动脉痉挛了 |
[26:21] | – And this condition is treatable? – Yes. | -这种症状可以治疗吗? -可以 |
[26:23] | With an injection of calcium channel blocker. | 注射钙通道阻滞剂就行 |
[26:26] | Which was available in the ambulance. | 救护车里有 |
[26:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:31] | Your witness. | 该你问了 |
[26:34] | Any last minute ideas, anything we can challenge him on medically? | 有新想法吗 任何可以在医学上质疑他的东西? |
[26:38] | It wasn’t vasospasm. | 那不是血管痉挛 |
[26:39] | Anything we can prove? | 我们有什么证据吗? |
[26:47] | Dr. Rutenberg, | 鲁腾伯格医生 |
[26:48] | are you being paid by the plaintiff’s attorney for your testimony? | 原告律师会为你的证词付钱给你吗? |
[26:51] | I am. | 会 |
[26:52] | Then you can hardly consider yourself unbiased here. | 那也就是说你并不是完全客观的 |
[26:59] | Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me. | 对不起 对不起 对不起 |
[27:02] | Traumatic vasospasm doesn’t occur in isolated vessels | 外伤性血管痉挛 不会发生在孤立的血管中 |
[27:05] | but rather the entire affected limb, right? | 而是发生于整个受影响的肢体 对吧 |
[27:08] | Yes, of course. | 当然是的 |
[27:09] | Can you visually identify | 你能目测辨认吗 |
[27:11] | a damaged or occluded vessel versus one in vasospasm? | 受损或闭塞的血管 与痉挛的血管之间的区别? |
[27:14] | – Yes. – So… | -能 -那么… |
[27:23] | This one? | 这个呢? |
[27:25] | Occluded. | 血管闭塞 |
[27:27] | Vasospasm. | 血管痉挛 |
[27:30] | Vasospasm. | 血管痉挛 |
[27:33] | – Occluded. – Not vasospasm? | -血管闭塞 -不是血管痉挛? |
[27:36] | No. | 不是 |
[27:37] | Objection. Is this testimony or the MCAT? | 反对 这是质询还是医学研究生入学考试? |
[27:40] | Goes to the witness’ expertise. | 这是证人的专业领域 |
[27:41] | He’s definitely an expert. | 他绝对是专业的 |
[27:44] | That last photo, which didn’t show vasospasm, | 最后那张照片 不是血管痉挛那张 |
[27:47] | that was a pathology image of Mr. Patton’s radial artery. | 是巴顿先生桡动脉的病理图像 |
[27:51] | If his radial artery didn’t vasospasm, then according to your testimony, | 如果他的桡动脉没有血管痉挛 那么根据你的证词 |
[27:54] | his ulnar artery didn’t either. Is that correct? | 他的尺动脉也没有 对吗? |
[27:58] | It’s… possible. | 这是…可能的 |
[28:01] | But we’d only know for sure if Dr. Murphy had given the calcium channel blocker. | 但只有在墨菲医生注射通道阻滞剂后 我们才能有确切的答案 |
[28:16] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:17] | – You’re not great at taking direction? – No. I– | -因为你不听从指挥? -不是 我… |
[28:19] | You have a job ’cause you threatened to sue us. | 你能保住这份工作 是因为你威胁要起诉我们 |
[28:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:24] | I’m not wanted in a lot of places, I make people feel uncomfortable. | 我在很多地方都不受欢迎 我让别人感到不自在 |
[28:29] | If I let that stop me, I wouldn’t be anywhere. | 如果我让这些阻止我 那我在哪里都不行 |
[28:32] | At my first job, I was the only female associate. | 在我的第一份工作中 我是唯一的女性律师 |
[28:39] | Tomorrow… | 而明天… |
[28:41] | you’re first chair. Actual first chair. | 你还是首席律师 真正的首席律师 |
[28:46] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[28:57] | Nice work. This is good stuff. | 干得好 这都是好东西啊 |
[29:01] | – Thank you. – Carpal tunnel research is interesting. | -谢谢 -腕管研究很有趣 |
[29:04] | A pre-existing condition, mitigates our client’s– | 过往症状能减轻我们当事人的责任 |
[29:07] | I’m not going to use that. | 我不打算用这个 |
[29:09] | It could help reduce damages. | 这可以帮助减少损失 |
[29:11] | If damages are even $1, it means Dr. Murphy was negligent. | 哪怕损失减少到一美元 都意味着墨菲医生确实大意了 |
[29:14] | His medical license will be at risk. | 他的行医执照将面临风险 |
[29:16] | We need total victory. | 我们需要完全的胜利 |
[29:18] | Okay. So what’s your theory? How are you going to approach this witness? | 好吧 你怎么打算的? 你打算如何驳倒这个证人? |
[29:22] | I’m going to establish that he’s a dick. | 我要证明他是个混蛋 |
[29:29] | I can’t do my job. | 我无法完成工作 |
[29:32] | I can’t even hold my niece. | 我甚至不能抱我的侄女 |
[29:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:42] | No more questions, Your Honor. | 没有更多问题了 法官大人 |
[29:56] | Dr. Murphy saved your life. | 墨菲医生救了你的命 |
[29:57] | – Is that a question? – Not really. Seems obvious. | -这是一个问题吗? -不是问题 很显然 |
[30:00] | – I meant– – I know what you meant. I’ll rephrase. | -我的意思是… -我知道你的意思 我会重新措辞 |
[30:03] | What kind of person sues a person who saved their life? | 什么人会起诉救了自己一命的人? |
[30:06] | Do you sue people who buy you Christmas presents you don’t want, | 你会起诉那些 给你买你不喜欢的圣诞礼物的人吗 |
[30:10] | or only the weird ones the jury won’t like? | 还是只起诉 陪审团会不喜欢的人? |
[30:12] | Objection. Compound and argumentative. | 反对 多重提问 提问过于论述 |
[30:14] | – Sustained. – I’m the victim here. | -继续 -我是受害者 |
[30:17] | You were driving, right? | 你在开车 对吧? |
[30:20] | – Yes. – Over the speed limit? | -是的 -超速了? |
[30:23] | I’m not sure. | 我不知道 |
[30:24] | According to police analysis of your skid marks. | 根据警方对你的刹车痕迹的分析 |
[30:27] | Yes. A little. | 是超速了一点点 |
[30:28] | You were going at least 70 in a 40 zone. You were ejected out the car window? | 你在40限速区开到70 你被甩出了车窗? |
[30:32] | – Yes. – So you weren’t wearing a seat belt? | -是的 -所以你没有系安全带? |
[30:34] | – I’m not sure. – It was fastened behind you. | -我不确定 -它被系在你身后 |
[30:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:39] | So, all things considered, maybe a better adjective than “victim” would be “lucky”? | 所以 综合考虑 你不是受害者 而是幸存者? |
[30:45] | Withdrawn. | 撤回 |
[30:45] | Do you feel any guilt over any of this? | 你对此感到内疚吗? |
[30:48] | You’re asking if I feel guilty for wanting to be compensated for losing– | 你在问我是否因为 想因为没了手而要求补偿感到内疚? |
[30:52] | No. I am asking if you feel guilty about driving recklessly, | 不 我是问你 是否因鲁莽驾驶感到内疚 |
[30:56] | flipping your car and almost killing your sister? The mother of your niece? | 为翻车差点害死你妹妹 你侄女的妈妈 而感到内疚? |
[31:02] | Yeah, a little. | 是的 有一点 |
[31:05] | Is she suing you for– | 她有没有因此起诉… |
[31:07] | Two more squeaks. | 还有两声嘎吱 |
[31:09] | Two more squeaks. | 还有两声嘎吱 |
[31:23] | Counsel, do we have a problem? Again? | 被告律师 你又遇到问题了吗? |
[31:34] | One moment. | 稍等 |
[31:38] | Don’t win cheap, | 别胜之不武 |
[31:39] | – you’re better than this. – I’m fighting for my client. | -你不是这种人 -我是为了我的当事人 |
[31:42] | If she can’t handle a little adversity, | 如果一点小问题她都应付不来 |
[31:44] | then she shouldn’t be here. | 那她就不应该出现在这里 |
[31:50] | Don’t let that dick prove people like me right. | 不要让那个混蛋 证明像我这样的人是对的 |
[32:02] | – Hey. – Ms. Stewart. I will hold you in contempt. | -喂 -斯图尔特女士 我会判你蔑视法庭 |
[32:11] | If Dr. Murphy had been a not nice person and just driven on, | 如果墨菲医生不是个好人 而是继续前进 |
[32:15] | you’d be dead, and his career wouldn’t hang in the balance? | 你就死了 他的事业不就没有风险了? |
[32:18] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 这是要求证人猜测 |
[32:20] | – Not a lot. – The objection is sustained. Ms. Stewart, | -不算啊 -反对成立 斯图尔特女士 |
[32:23] | I’m finding you in contempt. That stunt just cost you $5,000. | 你蔑视法庭 将被罚处五千美元 |
[32:27] | You’re lucky it’s not assault. | 你很幸运 我没判你袭击 |
[32:30] | Now, Ms. DeGroot… | 现在 德格鲁特女士… |
[32:33] | you may continue. | 你可以继续了 |
[32:37] | – Thank you, Your Honor. – Thank you, Your Honor. | -谢谢您 法官大人 -谢谢您 法官大人 |
[32:39] | Mr. Patton, the night of the accident… | 巴顿先生 出事的那天晚上… |
[32:46] | – Hey. – I’m so sorry. | -嗨 -我很抱歉 |
[32:48] | – I know it happened again– – Shut up. | -我知道我又… -闭嘴 |
[32:50] | You’re doing fantastic. But you still have Murphy’s testimony. | 你做得太棒了 但还有墨菲的证词 |
[32:53] | We need the jury to like him. They need to think he did nothing wrong. | 我们需要陪审团喜欢他 他们得认为他没有做错任何事 |
[32:57] | Have you given thought to how you’re gonna do that? | 你有没有想过你将如何做到这一点? |
[33:00] | Yes. I have. | 有 我想过 |
[33:03] | Did you do anything wrong at the scene of the accident? | 你在事故现场做了什么错事吗? |
[33:06] | – Objection. Leading. – Yes. | -反对 诱导性提问 -做了 |
[33:11] | Withdrawn. | 撤回 |
[33:17] | I did four things wrong. | 我做错了四件事 |
[33:19] | I applied the tourniquet | 我在肱动脉 |
[33:21] | at the brachial artery instead of mid-forearm. | 而不是前臂中部用了止血带 |
[33:23] | I laid out the clamps after the makeshift vascular clips. | 我在临时血管夹后面用了夹子 |
[33:26] | I only did two wipe-downs of the surgical field, | 我只清洁了两次手术区域 |
[33:29] | and angled the spinal board as I moved Mr. Patton out | 我把巴顿先生移到安全区域时 脊椎板倾斜了 |
[33:32] | because a log was in the way. | 因为木头挡住了路 |
[33:34] | Were any of those mistakes relevant? | 这些错误是否相关? |
[33:36] | They were to me. | 对我来说是的 |
[33:40] | But I don’t believe they affected the patient’s outcome. | 但我不认为它们会影响患者的预后 |
[33:43] | Given where you sit today, right now, | 鉴于你今天所处的位置 |
[33:46] | do you think one of the things that you and Dr. Park did wrong was stopping? | 你认为和帕克医生停车是个错误吗? |
[33:51] | No. Then Mr. Patton would be dead. | 不 那巴顿先生就死定了 |
[33:54] | And the amputation, was that the right thing to do? | 截肢是正确的做法吗? |
[34:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:03] | But I know that if I had to do it all over again… | 但我知道 如果我不得不重来一遍… |
[34:08] | I would stop, I would help… | 我还是会停车 还是会帮忙… |
[34:14] | and I would amputate. | 还是会截肢 |
[34:18] | Dr. Murphy, you’re different. | 墨菲医生 你和大家不一样 |
[34:23] | Tell me about yourself. | 介绍一下你自己 |
[34:25] | Objection. Vague and irrelevant. | 反对 提问不明确且不相关 |
[34:27] | Your challenges, the obstacles you’ve overcome. | 介绍下你遇到的挑战和你克服的障碍 |
[34:30] | Marginally less vague, still irrelevant. | 稍微明确了点 但仍不相关 |
[34:33] | And yet, I will to allow. | 然而 允许继续 |
[34:42] | I have autism spectrum disorder. | 我有自闭症谱系障碍 |
[34:47] | I have always had autism spectrum disorder. | 我一直有自闭症谱系障碍 |
[34:52] | I have also always wanted to be a doctor. | 我也一直想成为一名医生 |
[34:57] | Many people thought that couldn’t happen… | 也许有人觉得这是不可能的… |
[35:13] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[35:16] | I think I’m better at asking questions than giving speeches. | 我认为我更擅长提问而不是演讲 |
[35:19] | Closings are tricky. | 结案陈词是很难 |
[35:21] | It helps to actually say the words, | 但大声说出来会有所帮助 |
[35:23] | – not just mutter them. – Can I say them now? | -不要喃喃自语 -我可以现在说一遍吗? |
[35:29] | You want my feedback? | 你想要我的反馈吗? |
[35:32] | If I don’t like it, I’m going to tell you. Bluntly. You know that, right? | 如果不喜欢我会直说 你知道的吧? |
[35:36] | Because you’ve been so tactful with me up till now? | 难道你一直对我很委婉吗? |
[35:51] | My mentor told me… | 我的导师告诉我… |
[35:53] | that criminal law is about justice, whereas civil law is | 刑法是关于正义的 而民法 |
[35:57] | about one thing and one thing only, | 只关于一件事 |
[36:01] | money. | 钱 |
[36:03] | You can’t undo what’s been done. | 你无法挽回已经发生的事 |
[36:07] | The best you can do is compensate, financially. | 而能做的最好的事 就是在经济上做出补偿 |
[36:12] | But that’s wrong. | 但那是错误的 |
[36:13] | Everything we do in this room is about justice. | 我们在法庭上做的一切都是为了正义 |
[36:18] | We can’t change what’s happened, but maybe, just maybe, | 我们无法改变已经发生的事情 但也许 只是也许 |
[36:22] | we can change what will happen. | 我们可以改变将会发生的事情 |
[36:26] | We can encourage people to care, | 我们可以鼓励人们关心 |
[36:28] | to care about strangers– | 去关心陌生人… |
[36:30] | – That’s not your closing. – It’s a good closing. | -这不是你写的 -但这个陈词很好 |
[36:32] | – It’s a very good closing. – It was your closing. A long time ago. | -这个陈词确实非常好 -这是你很久以前的结案陈词 |
[36:36] | My mentor said that to me. | 我把我导师说的话 |
[36:38] | – I developed it into an effective closing. – Did you believe it? | -变成了一段有效的陈词 -你相信吗? |
[36:43] | About justice? That we can change the future? | 相信正义?相信我们可以改变未来? |
[36:48] | I did. | 我以前信 |
[36:50] | But not anymore? | 但现在不信了? |
[36:58] | Maybe if my mentor gave me advice, I could turn it into something effective. | 也许 如果我的导师给我建议 我也可以把它变成有效的结案陈词 |
[37:04] | You consider me a mentor? | 你把我当导师? |
[37:08] | You did inspire me. | 你确实启发了我 |
[37:12] | I will… | 我会… |
[37:15] | give you one piece of advice. | 给你一个建议 |
[37:21] | You’re not me. | 你不是我 |
[37:24] | Not once in this trial have you done what I would have done. | 在这次庭审中 你做的事都不是我会做的 |
[37:29] | Or what I wanted you to do. | 也不是我想让你做的 |
[37:32] | So far, it’s worked. | 但目前为止你做得很好 |
[37:37] | I see no reason to change now. | 我认为没有理由要你改变什么 |
[37:53] | My mentor told me… | 我的导师告诉我… |
[37:57] | My mentor told me… | 我的导师告诉我… |
[38:00] | My mentor told me… | 我的导师告诉我… |
[38:03] | that people don’t like me. | 人们不喜欢我 |
[38:07] | That I make them uncomfortable. | 我让他们不自在 |
[38:09] | She’s right. | 她是对的 |
[38:13] | And people don’t like my client either. | 人们也不喜欢我的当事人 |
[38:18] | We’re different. | 我们和普通人不一样 |
[38:21] | But we’re all different. | 但普通人和普通人也不一样 |
[38:23] | You’ve worn purple every day of the trial. I assume because you love it. | 你在庭审期间每天都穿紫色衣服 我想是因为你喜欢紫色 |
[38:28] | And you want it to be your “thing.” | 你希望这成为你的“特点” |
[38:31] | You’ve got those mutton chops. | 你留着山羊胡 |
[38:34] | They’re great, they’re fun, they make you you. | 它们很棒、很有趣 它们让你成为了你 |
[38:39] | But when we’re judged based on our differences, it’s not fun anymore. | 但当我们开始因差异被评判时 它就不再有趣了 |
[38:44] | And fair enough, this is a courtroom. | 好吧 这里是法庭 |
[38:46] | You are literally here to judge my client. | 你们确实是来评判我的当事人的 |
[38:50] | But please don’t judge him based on the way that he talks, | 但请不要根据他说话的方式来评判他 |
[38:54] | or on how he doesn’t look at you, | 或者因为他无法直视你们而评判他 |
[38:57] | or on his awkward mannerisms. Judge him… | 或因他笨拙的举止而评判他… |
[39:02] | on who he is. | 请根据他本人来评判他 |
[39:05] | At every moment of his life, he has tried to make a difference, | 在他生命的每一刻 他都试图有所作为 |
[39:08] | tried to make things better. | 想要让事情变得更好一点 |
[39:11] | Please don’t punish him for that. | 请不要因此惩罚他 |
[39:17] | Please… | 请… |
[39:18] | do what the plaintiff should have done. | 做原告本应该做的事 |
[39:23] | Say, “Thank you.” | 说“谢谢” |
[40:58] | You are a good lawyer. | 你是个好律师 |
[41:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:09] | The jury is back. | 陪审团回来了 |
[41:23] | I won, Mom! | 我赢了 妈妈 |
[41:25] | She was brilliant! | 她太棒了! |
[41:26] | You need to seriously consider | 你需要认真考虑下 |
[41:28] | – picking a new favorite child. – We’ve got to go, Mom. | -到底谁才是你最喜欢的孩子了 -我们得挂了 妈妈 |
[41:31] | People are buying Joni lots of drinks. We love you. | 大家给琼妮买了好多喝的 我们爱你 |
[41:37] | I never doubted you. | 我从来没有怀疑过你 |
[41:39] | Yeah, you did. | 才怪 你怀疑过 |
[41:41] | Because you love me. | 因为你爱我 |
[41:45] | – Shaun! – Joni! Tequila, stat! | -肖恩! -琼妮 龙舌兰 干杯! |
[41:50] | – We did good, huh? – We did very well. | -我们做得不错吧? -我们做得太好了 |
[41:53] | – We need to celebrate. – We are celebrating. | -我们需要庆祝 -我们正在庆祝 |
[41:58] | This is definitely not what you want to be doing right now. | 这绝对不是你现在真正想做的事 |
[42:10] | Don’t you want to see this? | 你不想看吗? |
[42:12] | Nope. Not my thing. | 不了 我不太喜欢 |