时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Going to the club or work? | 来俱乐部的还是来上班的? |
[00:04] | These early calls need some getting used to. | 我还得花点时间才能适应早班 |
[00:06] | – Brown Retractor. – No brown Retractor. | -棕色牵开器 -没有棕色牵开器 |
[00:09] | I thought I put it on your tray. | 我好像把它放在你的托盘上了 |
[00:10] | Dr. Kalu is not your peer. | 卡鲁医生不是你的同级 |
[00:12] | He’s your employee, you’re his boss. | 他是你的员工 你是他的老板 |
[00:14] | I do not plan to give Jared special treatment. | 我不打算给贾里德特殊待遇 |
[00:17] | And if I see it, it won’t be good for either of you. | 如果我看到了 对你们俩都不好 |
[00:20] | I’m not expecting special treatment. | 我没想要特殊待遇 |
[00:21] | I don’t appreciate being treated like an intern. | 我也不喜欢被当作实习生对待 |
[00:24] | Dr. Andrews is judging my performance off yours | 安德鲁斯医生说 他会根据你的表现来评判我的表现 |
[00:28] | and it is not good. | 而你的表现并不好 |
[00:29] | You come in with your fancy car, and your old tricks | 你开着你的豪车 带着老想法回到医院 |
[00:32] | and think, “Ta-da. I’m a surgeon.” But you’re not. | 心想着“我是个外科医生” 但你不是 |
[00:35] | I want to prove I belong. | 我想证明我属于这里 |
[00:37] | When I checked Yara post-op, I noticed you only used eight sutures | 我在术后检查雅拉时 发现你只缝了八针 |
[00:40] | and she had a small bleed. You should’ve used ten. | 而且她还有一点出血 你应该缝十针的 |
[00:42] | Dr. Glassman closed the galea and skin. | 格拉斯曼医生 关闭了帽状腱膜和缝合 |
[00:45] | – Dr. Glassman skipped two sutures? – Guess so. | -格拉斯曼医生少缝了两针? -应该是的 |
[00:54] | At what time did you wake up yesterday morning? | 你昨天早上几点起床的? |
[00:57] | The usual, 5:30. Why? | 老样子 五点半 怎么了? |
[00:59] | At lunch, you had a Cobb salad. | 午餐时 你吃了一份科布沙拉 |
[01:01] | 450 calories ingested, assuming you kept it down? | 摄入了450卡路里 你没蘸酱吧? |
[01:04] | – Yes. – Did you use a sauna, | -没有 -你洗桑拿了吗 |
[01:06] | engage in rigorous exercise and/or experience diarrhea? | 剧烈运动或者腹泻过吗? |
[01:09] | No, I didn’t do any of those things. What’s with the questions? | 没有 都没有 你问这些做什么? |
[01:12] | You made an error in yesterday’s craniotomy. | 你在昨天的开颅手术中犯了个错误 |
[01:14] | I’m trying to evaluate various factors that would negatively impact focus. | 我正在尝试评估 会对注意力产生负面影响的各种因素 |
[01:18] | I made an error? | 我犯了个错误? |
[01:19] | You closed with only eight sutures. The size of the wound required ten. | 缝合你只用了8针 但伤口的大小需要缝10针 |
[01:23] | We need to figure out why– | 我们需要弄清楚为什么… |
[01:25] | Why do we need to figure out why? Two sutures. | 为什么要搞清楚为什么?两针而已 |
[01:27] | It’s a blip. It’s not a thing. | 就这么一次 不值一提 |
[01:29] | It could be part of a troubling pattern needing attention– | 这可能是种会引起麻烦的模式 所以需要关注… |
[01:32] | Shaun, the surgery was a success, right? The patient had a great outcome. | 肖恩 手术很成功 对吧? 病人的治疗效果很好 |
[01:36] | There is no pattern. | 没什么模式 |
[01:39] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[01:47] | I’m a surgeon and I belong here. | 我是一名外科医生 我属于这里 |
[01:50] | I’m a surgeon and I belong here. | 我是一名外科医生 我属于这里 |
[01:58] | You are a surgeon and you belong here. | 你是一名外科医生 你属于这里 |
[02:03] | I just keep imagining you in the mirror, | 我一直在想象镜子里的你 |
[02:05] | like, you have the hair of Tracee Ellis Ross, | 比如 你有特雷西罗斯的头发 |
[02:08] | – and the swag of Beyoncé. – Do not shame my self-care. | -还有碧昂斯的神态 -不要羞辱我的自我调节 |
[02:14] | Affirmations are backed by research. | 自我肯定是有研究支持的 |
[02:17] | FMRI evidence shows a correlation with positive changes in the brain. | 功能性磁共振成像显示 自我肯定能造成大脑的积极变化 |
[02:21] | I’ve just put the finishing touches on a surprise. | 我刚刚准备好了一个惊喜 |
[02:25] | Drum roll, please. | 请鼓掌 |
[02:29] | Or not. Well, get your song lists ready | 不鼓也行 那准备好你们的歌单 |
[02:31] | because you are all officially invited to | 因为你们都被正式邀请参加 |
[02:37] | “Star Karaoke. 7:00 p.m. until question mark, question mark.” | “星光卡拉OK 晚七点至无穷晚” |
[02:40] | It’s gonna be a party when there’s double punctuation involved. | 无穷晚啊 看来是个派对 |
[02:43] | Just the chance to unwind, get to know you all better. | 就想放松下 也想多了解你们一点 |
[02:46] | – Sounds fun. Thanks. – Prepare to be destroyed. | -听起来很有趣 谢谢 -你就等着惨败吧 |
[02:49] | My “Someone Like You” slays. | 我的《爱人如你》绝了 |
[02:52] | Need a surgical consult for a patient with a dislocated patella. | 谁能去髌骨脱臼患者的外科会诊 |
[02:56] | Sorry, ER. | 抱歉 急诊有约 |
[02:59] | You two are it. Room One. | 那就是你俩了 一号房 |
[03:07] | When did the chest pains start? | 胸痛是什么时候开始的? |
[03:10] | I first noticed it Tuesday morning, along with shortness of breath. | 星期二早上是第一次 同时感觉到呼吸急促 |
[03:14] | Are you taking any medications? | 你在服用任何药物吗? |
[03:16] | I started with one, then switched a few times. | 在吃药 中间换过几次药 |
[03:21] | – These are used to treat ADHD. – And brain fog. | -这些都是用于治疗多动症的 -还有脑雾 |
[03:24] | I’m a COVID long hauler, and I just started Guanfacine | 我患有长期新冠 刚开始服用胍法辛 |
[03:30] | and N-acetylcysteine, which may actually be helping, finally. | 和N-乙酰半胱氨酸 可能总算能有点效果了 |
[03:35] | When was your initial infection? | 你第一次感染是什么时候? |
[03:37] | Eight months ago. Just felt like a mild flu. But then it got worse. | 八个月前 一开始像轻微流感 后来越来越糟 |
[03:41] | like someone poured molasses on my brain. | 像是有人把糖蜜倒在了我脑子上 |
[03:43] | I’ve done cognitive therapy, | 我做过认知疗法 |
[03:45] | memory exercises. Still am. | 记忆练习 都没用 |
[03:48] | Whatever I can do to get back in the field. | 为了好起来 什么法子我都试过 |
[03:51] | – Which one? – Clover. | -哪个? -三叶草 |
[03:54] | I’m an evolutionary biologist. | 我是进化生物学家 |
[03:58] | I have been studying how white clover adapts to environmental changes. | 我一直在研究 白三叶草如何适应环境变化 |
[04:04] | And I’m on indefinite leave. | 我现在是无限期休假 |
[04:07] | Please stop talking now. | 请先保持安静 |
[04:11] | Bluish skin, low O2 levels, rapid heart rate. | 皮肤发青 氧气含量低 心率加快 |
[04:13] | And increasingly labored breathing. Possible pulmonary embolism. | 并且呼吸越来越吃力 可能是肺栓塞 |
[04:17] | Order a chest CTA and echo, stat. | 马上预定胸部CT血管造影 和超声检查 |
[04:19] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[04:33] | You will need this. I sent one half of a high-volume order to your printer. | 这个你用得上 有个大文件 我发了一半到你的打印机上 |
[04:37] | – These are Glassman’s op reports? – For the last three months. | -这些是格拉斯曼的手术报告? -过去三个月的所有报告 |
[04:41] | January to March. October to December is printing in Park’s and my office. | 一到三月的在这 十到十二月的 在帕克和我的办公室打印 |
[04:45] | So you sent reports for, like, 100 surgeries to my printer? | 所以你向我的打印机 发送了一百次手术报告的打印请求? |
[04:48] | No. 176 surgeries. 473 pages. | 没有 是176次手术 共473页 |
[04:52] | I’ve emailed operations to replace your toner. | 我已经发邮件 让运营部来给你换墨盒了 |
[04:55] | Many elements are in color. | 很多部分都要彩打 |
[04:57] | And why exactly do you need all of this? | 你要这么多文件干嘛? |
[05:00] | To find out if his mistake was “a blip”. | 确定他的错误是否是“就这么一次” |
[05:16] | Second time I’ve dislocated my knee. | 这是我第二次膝盖脱臼了 |
[05:19] | First was a few months ago, I think? | 第一次好像是几个月前? |
[05:22] | That was the sprained ankle. | 那次是脚踝扭伤 |
[05:24] | The dislocation was last year. | 上次脱臼是去年 |
[05:26] | Your MRI shows no associated damage to bones or ligaments. | 你的核磁共振显示 没有相关的骨骼或韧带损伤 |
[05:30] | She’s also been complaining about dizziness, | 她还一直说头晕 |
[05:34] | swollen ankles, maybe menopause related. | 脚踝肿胀 可能与更年期有关 |
[05:37] | Dr. Reznick wants her on hormone replacement therapy. | 雷茨尼克医生想用激素替代疗法 |
[05:40] | Orion insisted I get everything checked out | 奥瑞恩坚持要我做个彻底的检查 |
[05:43] | before she leaves and moves 6,000 miles away to live alone. | 然后她再搬到8000公里外自己住 |
[05:48] | I’m moving to Prague next week, for a new job. | 因为新的工作 下周我要去布拉格 |
[05:50] | And you can visit me anytime you want, Mom. | 你可以随时来看我 妈妈 |
[05:53] | Not with a busted knee. | 膝盖受伤了可去不了 |
[05:55] | To move forward with HRT, | 在使用激素替代疗法前 |
[05:56] | I need to confirm all your medications over the last five years. | 我需要确认 你过去五年的所有用药情况 |
[06:02] | There was a purple triangle one. | 有种紫色三角形的 |
[06:04] | But they took me off that last year. And an orange-shaped one. | 但去年我就没用了 还有种像橙子的 |
[06:09] | I’ll review it with you. | 我来跟你说吧 |
[06:12] | We need to see how your knee’s moving. Lay back, please. | 我们看看你膝盖的活动情况 请躺下 |
[06:19] | Go ahead with the exam, Dr. Kalu. | 卡鲁医生 你来检查吧 |
[06:22] | – I thought I’d observe. – It’s a knee exam, | -我以为我只能旁观 -这是膝盖检查 |
[06:24] | not a multi-ligament reconstruction. | 不是多韧带重建 |
[06:27] | You told me last time not to assume I know everything. | 你上次告诉我 不要以为自己什么都知道 |
[06:29] | This is just making me do your job. | 这本来就是你该做的工作 |
[06:37] | That sounded like an apneic spell. Check her tonsils. | 听起来像是呼吸暂停的征兆 检查下她的扁桃体 |
[06:40] | Ms. Garcia? | 加西亚女士? |
[06:47] | Did I fall asleep again? | 我是不是又睡着了? |
[06:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:50] | Could I take a quick look in your mouth? | 我可以快速看一下你的嘴吗? |
[06:56] | Kissing tonsils. | 扁桃体相连 |
[06:57] | They’re so enlarged, they’re touching and obstructing your airway, | 扁桃体太大了 它们碰到并阻塞了你的呼吸道 |
[07:01] | causing severe apnea. You need a tonsillectomy right away. | 引起严重的呼吸暂停 你需要马上进行扁桃体切除术 |
[07:10] | No pulmonary embolism, but multiple cardiac issues, | 没有肺栓塞 但有多种心脏问题 |
[07:13] | severe narrowing of the pulmonic valve, | 肺动脉瓣严重狭窄 |
[07:15] | hypertrophied right ventricle an opening between the lower chambers. | 右心室肥厚 下室之间有一个开口 |
[07:18] | This set of defects almost looks like Tetralogy of Fallot, but– | 这组缺陷看起来像法洛四联症 但… |
[07:22] | It is. | 就是法洛四联症 |
[07:24] | She has the fourth malformation. Overriding aorta. | 她患有第四种畸形 主动脉骑跨 |
[07:28] | I’ve never seen Tet in an adult before. | 我还从未在成人身上见过法洛四联症 |
[07:32] | How is she still alive? | 她怎么活到现在的? |
[07:36] | Hang on a sec. I have to write everything down now. | 等一下 我现在必须把所有东西都写下来 |
[07:40] | Tet is almost always diagnosed in infancy. | 法洛四联症 几乎都是在婴儿期就被诊断出来了 |
[07:43] | Doctors missed it in your case. | 但你是个特殊情况 医生没查出来 |
[07:45] | You have a rare presentation. | 你的情况太罕见了 |
[07:47] | The right ventricle obstruction is balanced | 流入左心室的流量增加 |
[07:49] | by an increased flow into the left ventricle. | 平衡了右心室的阻塞 |
[07:51] | Damage from COVID disrupted the balance. The virus may have saved your life. | 新冠造成的损害破坏了这种平衡 这个病毒可能救了你的命 |
[07:56] | Very few undiagnosed Tet patients survive past childhood. | 未确诊的法洛四联症患者 很少能活过童年 |
[07:59] | A mere 2% make it to 40. | 只有百分之二的人活到了40岁 |
[08:01] | I would’ve just dropped dead at some point? | 我会在某个时候突然死掉吗? |
[08:04] | It’s very likely. | 很有可能 |
[08:05] | We can remove that risk with two separate procedures. | 我们可以分两次来消除这种风险 |
[08:09] | First, we’ll close the extra vessels that have formed | 首先 我们将关闭 为了补偿您的心脏缺陷 |
[08:12] | to compensate for your heart defects. | 而形成的额外血管 |
[08:14] | Then we’ll do a surgery to repair those defects. | 然后我们会做手术来修复这些缺陷 |
[08:19] | Is it possible the Tet is connected to my long COVID symptoms? | 这个病和我的新冠长期症状有关吗? |
[08:23] | Could fixing my heart clear up my head– | 心脏手术能治愈我的头雾… |
[08:27] | The brain? | 脑雾吗? |
[08:29] | No, I’m sorry. | 不能 我很抱歉 |
[08:41] | You snagged our table. | 你抢到桌子了 |
[08:43] | – Beat Hawks and Nuñez to it. – You’re a champion. | -打败了霍克斯和努涅兹抢到的 -你是冠军啊 |
[08:46] | One Splenda, half sugar in the raw, light almond milk. | 一杯生杏仁淡奶 加了半份代糖 |
[08:49] | Now who’s the champion? | 现在谁是冠军? |
[08:55] | – I have something for you. – Really? | -我有东西给你 -真的吗? |
[09:05] | An agreement acknowledging a consensual relationship. | 一份承认双方关系的协议 |
[09:08] | I, Marcus Andrews, would like to take you Dalisay Villanueva on a date. | 我 马库斯安德鲁斯 想带你 达理希维拉纽瓦 去约会 |
[09:13] | And as hospital president, I’ve already signed it. | 作为医院院长 我已经签署了 |
[09:19] | This is so romantic. | 这太浪漫了 |
[09:22] | Give me the pen. | 把笔给我 |
[09:30] | – Dinner this weekend? – Let me see. | -这周末一起吃晚饭? -让我看看 |
[09:33] | I’m needed on the ward. Sorry. | 病房需要我 对不起 |
[09:35] | – Lock it down later? – Sure. | -以后再说? -没问题 |
[09:46] | – Iced coffee? – I’m good. | -冰咖啡? -不用 |
[09:49] | How about hot coffee? | 那热咖啡呢? |
[09:52] | In honor of Daphne’s successful tonsillectomy. | 为了纪念达芙妮扁桃体切除术成功 |
[09:56] | I got a few options. | 我买了几杯给你选 |
[09:59] | Is that a latte? | 那是拿铁吗? |
[10:03] | It was a routine tonsillectomy. | 就是个常规的扁桃体切除术 |
[10:06] | Those were unusually large tonsils. Good thing her daughter brought her in. | 那可是异常大的扁桃体 还好她女儿把她送过来了 |
[10:12] | You think Daphne was better off not breathing? | 难道你觉得达芙妮该继续呼吸不畅? |
[10:15] | I don’t think it’s a daughter’s job to make sure mom goes to the doctor. | 我认为不该由女儿来确保妈妈看医生 |
[10:21] | It’s Daphne. | 是达芙妮 |
[10:25] | – Heart rate’s spiked, she’s hypoxic. – Turn up oxygen to max. | -心率飙升 她缺氧了 -将氧气调到最大 |
[10:32] | Loud murmur, right ventricle and atrium. | 右心室和心房有响亮杂音 |
[10:34] | Chronic damage from apnea could have increased the pressure, | 呼吸暂停造成的慢性损伤增加了压力 |
[10:37] | causing right heart failure. | 导致右心衰竭 |
[10:39] | – BP’s dropping. – Get her to the cath lab. | -血压下降了 -带她去导管室 |
[10:47] | Positioning coiling system. | 放置弹簧圈栓塞 |
[10:50] | Two vessels left to close. | 还需要关闭两条血管 |
[10:53] | Deploying the coil. | 部署弹簧圈 |
[10:57] | Her O2 sats are dropping. | 她的血氧饱和度在下降 |
[10:59] | Her infundibular muscle is clamping down. She is having a Tet spell. | 她的漏斗部肌肉正在收缩 她有法洛四联症的症状了 |
[11:06] | Give phenylephrine and 100% oxygen. | 给去氧肾上腺素和纯氧 |
[11:09] | I have never seen one in person before. | 这是我见过的第一个真人案例 |
[11:12] | We need to move blood up to the lungs. Give her a bolus and up the opiates. | 我们需要将血液输送到肺部 给她输液 并增加麻醉剂用量 |
[11:20] | If we don’t stop the spasm, she could have permanent brain damage. | 如果不制止痉挛 她可能会有永久性的脑损伤 |
[11:34] | The chance of a future infundibular spasm is very high. | 未来发生漏斗部痉挛的可能性非常高 |
[11:40] | Tet repair surgery will be much more risky. | 法洛四联症修复手术的风险会变大 |
[11:50] | Pressure in Daphne’s lungs is critically high, | 达芙妮肺部的压力非常高 |
[11:52] | Not a routine tonsillectomy at all. | 根本不是常规的扁桃体切除术 |
[11:55] | Puncturing the atrial septum. | 穿刺房间隔 |
[11:59] | Right heart is decompressing. | 右心在减压 |
[12:01] | Give nitric oxide to relax and dilate the vasculature. | 给一氧化氮以放松和扩张血管 |
[12:04] | Her apnea really did a number on her pulmonary vessels. | 她的呼吸暂停 确实对她的肺血管造成了影响 |
[12:07] | No wonder she’s clumsy, forgetful. | 难怪她笨拙又健忘 |
[12:10] | She’s been sleeping oxygen-deprived for decades. | 几十年来 她一直在睡眠中缺氧 |
[12:13] | Still doesn’t make her her daughter’s responsibility. | 但她依然不该是她女儿的责任 |
[12:16] | Would you want Kellan to put his life on hold to take care of you? | 你想让凯兰 放弃自己的生活来照顾你吗? |
[12:19] | Not his whole life, no. But I don’t think being overly-devoted | 当然不想他放弃自己的人生 但我不觉得过度关心父母 |
[12:23] | is the worst quality in a kid. Remove the catheters. | 是孩子的缺点 拔掉导管 |
[12:27] | I was one of six growing up. Only girl. Mom and Dad worked a lot. | 我们家六个孩子 我是唯一的女孩 爸妈工作很辛苦 |
[12:31] | So I was basically second mom since kindergarten. | 所以从幼儿园起 我就变成了大家的第二个妈妈 |
[12:35] | I love my brothers. | 我爱我的兄弟们 |
[12:38] | but there’s a lot you miss out on | 但如果你要一直照顾别人 |
[12:41] | if you’re all about caring for someone else. | 就会错过很多 |
[12:48] | She’s throwing a lot of PVCs. Maybe an electrolyte issue? | 她室性早搏次数很多 也许是电解质问题? |
[12:54] | BP is dropping, heart rate 172. | 血压在下降 心率172 |
[12:56] | Barely getting a pulse. She’s in v-tach. Defib paddles. | 几乎没有脉搏 她心动过速了 除颤仪电极板 |
[13:17] | BP and heart rate stabilizing. | 血压和心率稳定 |
[13:20] | Get a new chemistry, chest X-ray, EKG. | 进行新的化验 胸部X光检查、心电图检查 |
[13:23] | We need to learn what else is going on with her heart. | 我们需要了解她的心脏还有什么问题 |
[13:35] | Please don’t disturb my materials. | 请不要弄乱我的材料 |
[13:37] | Which are what exactly? | 这是什么材料? |
[13:40] | Dr. Glassman made an uncharacteristic surgical error. | 格拉斯曼医生 犯了一个不同寻常的手术错误 |
[13:42] | I am determining if it was an anomaly or part of a pattern. | 我在确定是单次错误还是形成了模式 |
[13:46] | Glassman must be pleased about that. | 格拉斯曼一定会对此感到很高兴 |
[13:48] | He is not. You are being sarcastic. | 他不会 你是在讽刺 |
[13:51] | Performance review is a standard practice, benefits doctors and patients. | 绩效考核是标准做法 对医生和患者都有好处 |
[13:55] | I’ve noted three additional errors from last four months. | 我发现了过去四个月的另外三个错误 |
[13:58] | – I don’t see a pattern. – Dural tear on scar tissue, | -我觉得没形成模式 -瘢痕组织上的硬膜撕裂 |
[14:02] | closing with a running nylon instead of Monocryl. That a mistake? | 用尼龙线连续缝合 而不是单乔缝合线 这算错误? |
[14:05] | Dr. Glassman has always used subcutaneous Monocryl. | 格拉斯曼医生一直用皮下单乔缝合 |
[14:08] | These are variations, minor missteps. | 这些只算变化 小失误 |
[14:11] | Pore through four months of any surgeon’s reports | 仔细阅读任何外科医生四个月的报告 |
[14:13] | – and you’ll find discrepancies like this. – No. | -你都会发现这样的差异 -不会 |
[14:16] | – Yes. – Not in mine. | -会的 -我的不会 |
[14:19] | – That’s probably true. – Yeah. | -那倒有可能 -没错 |
[14:22] | If you’re not finding a pattern, maybe it’s because there isn’t one. | 如果你没找到模式 也许是因为没有模式 |
[14:29] | My patient is awake. | 我的病人醒了 |
[14:33] | Does this mean you can’t do the Tet repair? | 这是否意味着 你们做不了四联症修复术? |
[14:36] | There’s a medication, propranolol, that’ll significantly reduce the risk | 有一种药物 普萘洛尔 可以显着降低 |
[14:40] | of having another spasm during surgery. | 在手术过程中再次痉挛的风险 |
[14:42] | But ’cause of your long COVID, you’re at risk for some rare side effects. | 但是 由于长期新冠 你可能会面对一些罕见副作用 |
[14:46] | – Are they serious? – Yes. | -这些副作用严重吗? -严重 |
[14:48] | Not some, like nausea, vomiting, muscle aches. | 不全严重 比如恶心、呕吐、肌肉酸痛 |
[14:51] | But others, such as hypoglycemia or visual– | 但其他的 比如低血糖或视觉… |
[14:54] | Start with propranolol. | 开始用普萘洛尔的话 |
[14:56] | Good chance you won’t experience the side effects. | 也很有可能不会有副作用 |
[14:59] | But we’ll need to keep a close eye on you. | 但我们需要密切关注你 |
[15:03] | And are those patients ahead of her also seniors with diabetes? | 排在她前面的那些患者 是否也是患有糖尿病的老年人? |
[15:07] | Do not hang up, or I’ll head down to do this in person. | 不要挂断电话 否则我会亲自去找你解决这事 |
[15:10] | I’ll wait. | 我会等待 |
[15:13] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[15:16] | There is a great new Portuguese spot I read about. | 我听说有家新开的葡萄牙餐厅很棒 |
[15:19] | I can make reservations for us Friday or Saturday at 7:00? | 周五或周六晚上七点 我俩订个双人桌怎么样? |
[15:24] | I’m working a double both days. Been hectic since Baker and Linh left. | 这两天我都要加班 自从贝克和林恩离开后我一直很忙 |
[15:29] | – Two travelers are starting Monday. – I need staff nurses. | -两名旅行护士周一会来上班 -我要的是注册护士 |
[15:32] | They’re highly skilled. | 他们技术高超 |
[15:33] | Doesn’t matter. Travel nurses disrupt workflow, | 这不重要 旅行护士只会扰乱工作流程 |
[15:36] | don’t build long-term relationships. | 无法建立长期关系 |
[15:39] | We don’t have the resources for permanent staff. | 我们现在没资源雇佣常驻员工 |
[15:41] | You just hired a new full-time resident to replace someone who left recently. | 你刚雇了个全职住院医生 来替代新近才离职那个 |
[15:45] | That was Lim’s department. | 那是利姆的部门 |
[15:47] | Yes. Great. I’m sending her down. | 好 好极了 我这就让她下去 |
[15:51] | – Sorry. We’ll talk later? – Of course. | -对不起 我们稍后再谈? -当然 |
[15:56] | So you’re watching to see if I throw up? | 所以你在看我会不会吐? |
[15:58] | Or faint, seize or have muscle spasms. | 或昏厥、抽搐、肌肉痉挛 |
[16:05] | You know, before COVID, my brain was. | 你知道吗 在新冠之前 我的大脑 |
[16:09] | I did evolutionary patterns, genetic… | 我研究进化模式 基因的… |
[16:16] | how genes go together. | 基因如何结合在一起 |
[16:20] | The sequence. | 序列 |
[16:24] | Now my brain can’t handle the sequence of brushing my teeth. | 现在我的大脑连刷牙顺序都搞不清 |
[16:29] | My focus, my working memory, all of the… | 我的注意力 我的工作记忆 所有的… |
[16:34] | Oh, my… | 天啊… |
[16:35] | The executive function. | 还有管控功能 |
[16:40] | It’s not always happening. | 时灵时不灵的 |
[16:46] | Please page Dr. Wolke to monitor her and stay until he comes. | 请呼叫沃尔克医生来观察她 你留下来 等他来了再走 |
[16:51] | Push your hand against mine. | 把你的手推到我的手上 |
[16:53] | The pattern is errors in executive function. | 管控功能的错误形成了模式 |
[16:56] | – I’m in the middle of something. – Your brain cancer may have returned. | -我正在处理事情 -你的脑癌可能已经复发了 |
[17:06] | – All errors tied to executive function. – Shaun. | -所有错误都跟管控功能有关 -肖恩 |
[17:09] | Specifically procedural memory in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, | 储存程序记忆的背外侧前额叶皮层 |
[17:13] | a common site for a recurrent glioma, | 是复发性神经胶质瘤的常见部位 |
[17:15] | which strongly suggests your cancer has returned. | 这都证明你的癌症已经复发 |
[17:18] | My last scan came back completely clear. | 我上次的扫描结果完全清晰 |
[17:20] | – I’m fine. – Last scan was six months ago. | -我很好 -上次扫描是六个月前 |
[17:23] | These errors are from last four months. You need another scan. | 这些错误来自过去四个月 你需要再次扫描 |
[17:26] | – The evidence is very compelling. – It’s not. | -证据非常有说服力 -事实并非如此 |
[17:29] | I perform complex surgeries, | 我进行的复杂的手术 |
[17:31] | more so than any other doctor on this staff, by the way. | 比这医院中的任何其他医生都要多 |
[17:35] | So the percentages would dictate | 所以百分比会导致 |
[17:36] | that I might make more minor and irrelevant missteps, | 我可能会犯更多无关紧要的小错误 |
[17:41] | if that’s what you wanna call ’em. | 如果你非要说那些算错误的话 |
[17:43] | The rate of errors has increased. | 错误率增加了 |
[17:45] | Yeah, ’cause I take on tougher cases. | 是的 因为我处理的病例更棘手 |
[17:47] | The ones no one else will. | 都是别人处理不了的 |
[17:48] | – No. You need another MRI, now. – Shaun, | -不行 你需要再做一次核磁共振 -肖恩 |
[17:51] | what I need is to get back to my patient, and you need to knock first, next time. | 我要做的是回到病人身边 而你需要记住下次先敲门 |
[18:02] | “It’s the greening of the trees.” | “树木变绿了” |
[18:05] | My turn. | 轮到我了 |
[18:08] | Trying to get my cognitive exercises in. | 试图做我的认知练习 |
[18:11] | What’re you memorizing? | 你在背什么? |
[18:12] | It’s a poem from The Carrying, Ada Limón. | 是阿达利蒙的《承受》里的一首诗 |
[18:15] | The collection is mostly about. | 这个诗集主要讲的是 |
[18:19] | not having the life you thought you’d have, I guess. | 本该拥有却未能拥有的生活 |
[18:24] | The one I was just reading. it’s about spring coming. | 我刚读的那首是关于春天的 |
[18:29] | “Instructions on Not Giving Up.” | “关于不放弃的建议” |
[18:31] | – Sounds useful. – Too bad I can’t read it all at once. | -听起来很有用 -可惜我不能一下子读完 |
[18:35] | I’ve just graduated from haikus. | 我刚读完俳句 |
[18:38] | Never even thought to look at a poem before I got sick. | 在我生病之前 我甚至从没想过要看一首诗 |
[18:42] | Didn’t have the patience for it, or the time. | 没有耐心 也没有时间 |
[18:46] | That’s basically all I read now. | 但现在我只能读诗了 |
[18:48] | Started writing, too, as kind of a… | 也开始写作了 就当是… |
[18:52] | creative therapy. | 创造性疗法 |
[18:55] | There was a kind of poetry | 白三叶草的遗传变异 |
[18:58] | to the genetic variations in white clover, too. | 其实也像一首诗 |
[19:05] | I’d give anything to… | 我愿意付出任何代价… |
[19:12] | Your blood pressure’s dropping, heart rate’s climbing. | 你的血压在下降 心率在上升 |
[19:15] | – I’m dizzy. – Checking your glucose. | -我头晕 -我来检查你的血糖 |
[19:21] | She’s having a seizure. Crash cart now. | 她癫痫发作了 抢救车 快点 |
[19:26] | We thought it was your heart, but it’s a kidney issue. | 我们以为是你的心脏问题 但其实是肾脏问题 |
[19:29] | Narrowing of your renal arteries, which was exacerbated | 你的肾动脉变窄了 |
[19:32] | by the pulmonary hypertension, causing kidney failure. | 肺动脉高压引起的肾功能衰竭 加剧了你的肾动脉变窄 |
[19:35] | – This is ’cause of my sleep apnea? – We believe so. Yeah. | -这是睡眠呼吸暂停导致的吗? -我们认为是的 |
[19:40] | Can she get a transplant? I can do a test, see if I’m a match. | 她能做移植手术吗? 我可以做个测试 看看我是否匹配 |
[19:44] | Unfortunately, your other health concerns rule out a transplant. | 不幸的是 你的其他健康问题导致做不了移植 |
[19:47] | But a renal artery bypass would allow your kidneys to heal on their own. | 但是肾动脉旁路术 可以让你的肾脏自行愈合 |
[19:52] | There’s risk of complications. Some quite serious. | 但有并发症的风险 有些相当严重 |
[19:56] | But in success, you could live a full, independent life. | 但如果成功了 你就可以过上充实、独立的生活 |
[20:03] | But serious, as in I could die? | 有多严重 我可能会死? |
[20:07] | Some complications can be fatal. | 有些并发症可能是致命的 |
[20:09] | But the risk is relatively low. | 但风险相对较低 |
[20:13] | Are there other options? | 还有其他选择吗? |
[20:15] | Well, there’s dialysis, | 可以透析 |
[20:17] | but you’d need multiple sessions a week for the rest of your life. | 但在你的余生中 你每周需要进行多次透析 |
[20:24] | That’s less risky, but I don’t think I could handle all that on my own. | 那样风险较小 但我觉得我一个人不行 |
[20:30] | Mom, if you want to choose the dialysis, I’ll stay in San Jose. | 妈 如果你选透析 我就留在圣何塞 |
[20:37] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:39] | – I don’t want to keep you. – You have nothing to be sorry for. | -我不想留下你 -用不着说抱歉 |
[20:44] | You know, all this time you’ve been sick and struggling, and I judged you. | 原来这段时间 你一直在生病、挣扎 我却总说你 |
[20:50] | But your new job. | 可是你的新工作怎么办 |
[20:54] | It’s just a job. | 那只是一份工作 |
[21:03] | So the medication you gave me to make my surgery safer | 所以你用来让我的手术更安全的药 |
[21:09] | will actually make it more risky? | 实际上会增加我的风险吗? |
[21:12] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[21:14] | But without that medication, I’m much more likely to have another Tet spell. | 但如果没有这种药物 我很有可能会再次四联症发作 |
[21:18] | Yes, and possibly more severe than the last time. | 是的 而且可能比上次更严重 |
[21:22] | Brain fog, all my deficits. could get worse? | 脑雾 我所有的症状 都会更糟吗? |
[21:30] | For possibly forever? | 可能永远好不了? |
[21:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:36] | But if we don’t do the Tet repair, your heart will stop at some point. | 但如果我们不做四联症修复 你的心脏可能会突然停跳 |
[21:43] | I’ve already been through losing my thoughts, | 我已经失去了我的头脑 |
[21:47] | my whole self. | 我的整个自我 |
[21:53] | I can’t do that again. | 我不能再那样了 |
[21:59] | Find another way to fix my heart. | 找个别的办法来做我的心脏手术 |
[22:19] | New idea. We go back to the old idea and just do the surgery. | 有了 按照我们原来的想法 直接做手术 |
[22:23] | It’s a nonstarter. We need to present a way to help her Tet | 这是不可能的 我们必须找个办法 即解决四联症 |
[22:26] | without triggering her Tet. | 又不引发四联症的症状 |
[22:27] | A percutaneous valve and VSD closure could help with blood flow. | 要想促进血液流动 可以做经皮瓣膜和心室中膈缺损闭合 |
[22:31] | That involves catheters in the heart, which would cause the muscle to spasm. | 这涉及心脏导管 会导致肌肉痉挛 |
[22:34] | All right. It’s time for some WWSMD. | 好的 是时候使用施展肖恩大法了 |
[22:37] | Whatever you and Jerome do on your own time is– | 无论你和杰罗姆在私下做什么… |
[22:40] | “What would Shaun Murphy do?” | “肖恩墨菲会怎么做?” |
[23:18] | What about a shunt? It would improve blood flow. | 分流器怎么样?能改善血液流动 |
[23:21] | Buy a few months to continue her cognitive recovery. | 可以给她几个月时间 让她继续她的认知恢复 |
[23:23] | When she feels better about her heart, maybe she lets us fix her heart. | 当她感觉心脏好点的时候 也许她会让我们修复她的心脏 |
[23:27] | Her Tet would likely kill her before that. | 在那之前 四联症可能会要了她的命 |
[23:30] | But placing a shunt won’t trigger a spell, making it something she’d actually accept. | 但是分流器不会引发症状 她应该能接受 |
[23:40] | I’ll take it to her. | 我跟她说 |
[23:42] | I can stay only 45 minutes. Have to review Dr. Glassman’s OR videos. | 我只能待45分钟 然后我就要 继续看格拉斯曼医生的手术视频了 |
[23:46] | – Didn’t you do that? – Not for glioma recurrence symptoms. | -你不是看过了吗? -之前没找神经胶质瘤复发的线索 |
[23:49] | New evidence will convince him to get a scan. | 我要找新证据 让他去做核磁共振 |
[23:51] | You binged months of data in one day. You’ll have a clearer head in the morning. | 你今天看了几个月的数据了 放松下 明早你脑子会更清醒 |
[23:55] | Until then, here we are. Karaoke rager. | 所以 现在我们唱唱卡拉OK |
[23:59] | – Yay. – It is “yay”. We have a song list. | -真棒 -确实棒 我们有个歌单 |
[24:01] | Plus Jared’s our friend. He just moved back. Celebration is in order. | 而且贾里德是我们的朋友 他刚回医院 还邀请我们一起庆祝 |
[24:05] | I will review the videos in the morning. | 那我明早再看视频 |
[24:10] | Sounds pretty wild in there. | 听起来很疯狂 |
[24:11] | Because maybe | 因为也许 |
[24:14] | You’re gonna be the one that saves me | 你会成为拯救我的人 |
[24:19] | And after all | 毕竟 |
[24:27] | I was just warming up. | 我只是在热身 |
[24:29] | – Where is everyone? – There is a lot of food. | -人都去哪了? -有很多食物 |
[24:32] | Yeah, I had it catered. You’re the first to arrive. | 是的 我预定的 你们是最先到的 |
[24:35] | And so far, last minute rain checks from Morgan, Park, Asher, Danny. | 最后一秒放鸽子的有 摩根、帕克、阿舍和丹尼 |
[24:42] | And Jerome. | 还有杰罗姆 |
[24:45] | So it’s just us four. | 所以只有我们四个人 |
[24:47] | Which means that all these snacks | 这意味着所有这些零食 |
[24:50] | and song binders are for us. | 和歌曲单归我们独享了 |
[24:54] | Yes. The low turnout is the perfect opportunity to discuss symptoms. | 是的 人少正好可以讨论症状 |
[25:00] | In your recent surgeries with Dr. Glassman, do you recall observing | 在你最近和格拉斯曼医生一起手术时 |
[25:03] | any balance issues, tremors or motor weakness? | 有注意到 任何平衡问题、颤抖或运动无力吗? |
[25:11] | That sounds like the perfect option. | 这听起来是个完美的选择 |
[25:14] | How soon can you do the shunt procedure? | 什么时候可以进行分流手术? |
[25:16] | I’ll try to schedule it for tomorrow. | 我会尽量安排在明天 |
[25:23] | I’ve had a strange year myself. | 我自己也度过了奇怪的一年 |
[25:29] | Eleven months ago, I was attacked and paralyzed from the waist down. | 十一个月前 我遭到袭击 腰部以下瘫痪 |
[25:35] | I thought it was permanent. Almost everyone did. | 我以为它是永久性的 几乎每个人都这样认为 |
[25:41] | At first, all I wanted was to walk again. | 起初 我满脑子都是要能重新走路 |
[25:46] | I was ready to risk my life to get back to the old me. | 我准备冒着生命危险找回原来的我 |
[25:51] | But as time went on, I started to appreciate my new life. | 但随着时间的推移 我开始欣赏我的新生活 |
[25:57] | My new self. | 我的新自我 |
[26:01] | I started a new relationship that wouldn’t have happened otherwise. | 我开始了一段新的关系 要是没这段经历 这根本不可能发生 |
[26:07] | In many ways, my life improved. | 在许多方面 我的生活得到了改善 |
[26:09] | You recognize you walked in to tell me this story? | 你知道你是走进来讲这个故事的吧? |
[26:14] | I only agreed to do the surgery once I knew my life wasn’t at risk. | 在知道生命没有危险后 我才同意做手术的 |
[26:18] | And even then, I had doubts. | 即便如此 当时我也有疑虑 |
[26:22] | I liked who I’d become. I wanted to hold on to her. | 我喜欢自己后来的样子 我想留住她 |
[26:30] | I’m not… | 我不会… |
[26:33] | losing my mind… | 再一次… |
[26:37] | all over again. | 失去我的理智 |
[26:41] | You don’t strike me as someone who’s lost her mind. | 在我看来 你不像失去理智的人 |
[27:01] | That covers the thrombectomy. In February, you assisted– | 这包括血栓切除术 在二月份 你协助… |
[27:04] | Okay. I’m playing the pregnant lady card. | 好了 我要利用我的孕妇特权了 |
[27:09] | – We’re going, Shaun. – Okay. | -我们该走了 肖恩 -好吧 |
[27:12] | Thank you. Goodbye. | 谢谢 再见 |
[27:16] | I should head out, too. | 我也该走了 |
[27:19] | Early morning. | 明天早班 |
[27:25] | Maybe focus on being a first year resident | 也许你该想怎么当好首年住院医生 |
[27:28] | before adding party planner to your resume. | 而不是把派对策划写进自己的简历里 |
[27:35] | The catering may have been a bridge too far. | 可能我有点用力过猛了 |
[27:37] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:43] | I bounced around growing up. | 我有个漂泊的童年 |
[27:46] | at different schools, cities, countries. | 在不同的学校、城市、国家 |
[27:51] | But wherever we were, | 但无论我们在哪里 |
[27:53] | my parents had a big house and I knew how to throw a party. | 我父母都有一座大房子 所以我很会办派对 |
[28:01] | Closest I get to feeling like I fit. | 所以办派对总让我觉得自己融入了 |
[28:07] | Old habits die hard, I guess. | 我猜 旧习难改吧 |
[28:11] | Fitting in takes time. | 融入需要时间 |
[28:14] | But I never have, anywhere. | 但我从来没有融入过任何地方 |
[28:21] | Maybe not everyone finds their place. | 也许不是每个人都能找到自己的位置 |
[28:31] | Daphne is getting septic. We have to go. | 达芙妮感染了 我们该走了 |
[28:41] | – Morning. – Hello. | -早上好 -早啊 |
[28:46] | – You should not have that. – I’m permitted 12 ounces a day. | -你不能喝 -我每天可以喝355毫升 |
[28:50] | Experts agree. | 专家同意的 |
[28:51] | Yes, but that was brewed when I woke up at 3:30 a.m. | 是的 但那是我凌晨三点半煮的 |
[28:56] | – You make it through the videos? – Yes, and integrated the observations | -你看完视频了? -是的 并整合了观察结果 |
[29:00] | Doctors Kalu and Allen made last night regarding possible glioma symptoms. | 卡鲁和艾伦医生昨晚 就神经胶质瘤可能的症状提出了建议 |
[29:06] | I am now ready to present Dr. Glassman | 我现在准备去和格拉斯曼医生说 |
[29:08] | with the revised evidence, which is very compelling. | 修订后的证据 都是非常有说服力的 |
[29:16] | Thankfully, your infection is responding to the antibiotics. | 幸运的是 抗生素对你的感染有用 |
[29:19] | The infection started around your dialysis port, | 感染出现在你的透析口附近 |
[29:22] | that could easily happen again. | 这很容易再次发生 |
[29:26] | The renal artery bypass is still an option. | 肾动脉旁路术也是一种选择 |
[29:29] | It’s too risky. | 太危险了 |
[29:30] | So is sepsis. | 败血症也很危险 |
[29:33] | Thank you, doctor, but I’ll settle for being alive. | 谢谢你 医生 但我觉得活下来就好 |
[29:37] | You shouldn’t. | 你不该这么觉得 |
[29:40] | You deserve more than that. | 你值得更有质量的生活 |
[29:42] | I know you’ve had a whole life of feeling sick and stuck | 我知道你一生都感到恶心、困 |
[29:45] | and repeating the same old bad patterns. | 一直在恶性循环 |
[29:48] | But your past does not have to tell your future where to go. | 但你的过去并不能决定你的未来 |
[29:55] | You can choose a different path, and who you’re going to be on it. | 你可以选条不同的道路 选择成为不同的人 |
[30:01] | And let your daughter do the same. | 而你的女儿也可以有选择权 |
[30:08] | Prague is beautiful in the spring. | 春天的布拉格很美 |
[30:47] | We’ve scheduled a shunt placement for this afternoon. | 我们已经安排了 今天下午的分流器放置术 |
[30:52] | – And that whole speech last night? – I stand by it, but it’s your decision. | -那昨晚你说的故事呢? -那是我的想法 但这是你的决定 |
[31:02] | I’ve been waiting for the old me to come back. | 我一直在等待旧我回来 |
[31:09] | and that person may not exist anymore. | 但那个人可能已经不存在了 |
[31:14] | And… | 所以… |
[31:17] | maybe I should be okay with that. | 也许我应该接受事实 |
[31:25] | Do the Tet repair. | 做四联症修复术吧 |
[31:41] | Releasing the proximal clamp. | 松开近端夹具 |
[31:45] | What made Daphne change her mind? | 达芙妮怎么改变主意了? |
[31:47] | Dr. Allen has a way of getting through to people. | 艾伦医生知道怎么直击人心 |
[31:54] | Blood flow looks obstructed. There’s a kink in the graft. | 血流看起来受阻 移植物中有扭结 |
[31:59] | We could redo it. But most likely it happens again. | 我们可以重做 但可能还会这样 |
[32:05] | We could anchor the bypass off of the aorta instead. | 我们可以不把旁路固定在主动脉上 |
[32:09] | At that angle, less chance of a kink. | 在那个角度 扭结的可能性较小 |
[32:14] | That could work. | 行得通 |
[32:28] | – Extending the incision. – Sternal saw. | -延长切口 -胸骨锯 |
[32:35] | Starting the sternotomy. | 开始胸骨切开术 |
[32:38] | O2 dropped to 78. Sixty-five. | 血氧降到78 65 |
[32:41] | She’s having a Tet spell. | 四联症发作了 |
[32:43] | Give her 500cc fluid bolus and 100% oxygen, | 给她500毫升液体推注和纯氧 |
[32:46] | Giving a mini-bolus to increase pulmonary flow. | 给小剂量以增加肺血流量 |
[32:51] | Oxygen sat’s on 50. Forty-five. | 血氧降到50 45 |
[32:55] | Come on, come on. | 加油 加油 |
[32:59] | Give her more oxygen and up the opiates. | 给她更多的氧气和麻醉剂 |
[33:02] | It has stopped registering. | 显示不出来了 |
[33:22] | O2 is rising. | 血氧饱和度上升了 |
[33:25] | Heart rate’s stabilizing. | 心率正在稳定 |
[33:30] | She was in prolonged gross hypoxia. | 她严重缺氧时间过长 |
[33:33] | That could extend cognitive deficits. | 这可能会放大认知缺陷 |
[33:37] | or worse. | 或更糟 |
[33:38] | We won’t know until she wakes. | 那只有等她醒了才能知道了 |
[33:40] | Let’s get her on bypass before she has another one. | 在她再次出现症状前先给她搭桥 |
[33:45] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:48] | To a successful renal artery bypass. | 庆祝成功的肾动脉旁路手术 |
[33:50] | Cheers. Facilitated by a moving speech from a wise and persuasive surgeon. | 干杯 由睿智而有说服力的医生 发表的感人演讲促成 |
[33:54] | With a great surgical save by a guy | 多亏了某人提出的手术方案 |
[33:57] | who’s about to have some life changing tacos. | 现在某人该吃点绝妙的玉米饼了 |
[34:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:06] | Oh, my God. Okay, this is amazing. | 我的天啊 这也太好吃了吧 |
[34:09] | – It’s amazing. – Told you. Blue. Corn. Tortilla. | -太赞了 -我说吧 水产 玉米粒 玉米饼 |
[34:13] | I could get used to this. | 我可能会爱上吃这个 |
[34:18] | You have some lettuce. | 你脸上有生菜 |
[34:19] | Here. No, mirror image. | 这里 不是 另一边 |
[34:24] | – Now? – No. | -好了没? -没有 |
[34:25] | No laughing. | 不许笑 |
[34:26] | No. Right. Very serious matter. | 你说得对 我得严肃点 |
[34:34] | Here, let me. | 来 让我来 |
[34:36] | There. Just. | 看 还有 |
[34:51] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[34:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:55] | We need to get back early for Daphne post-op. | 得早点回去准备达芙妮的术后治疗 |
[34:58] | Yeah, right. | 是的 对 |
[35:09] | The bypass went smoothly and post-op labs look good. | 旁路手术很顺利 术后检查结果看起来很好 |
[35:13] | We expect a full recovery. | 可以期待完全康复 |
[35:15] | How are you feeling, Mom? | 妈 你感觉如何? |
[35:18] | I am breathing. | 我能呼吸了 |
[35:23] | Kind of feels like the first time in my life. | 仿佛我这辈子第一次呼吸一样 |
[35:27] | The post-op swelling from the tonsillectomy has gone down. | 扁桃体切除术后的肿胀已经消退 |
[35:31] | You’re finally breathing without any obstruction. | 你终于可以毫无阻碍地呼吸了 |
[35:34] | You need to stay on top of your medications | 你需要记好自己该吃的药 |
[35:36] | and follow-up visits, observe some dietary guidelines. | 后续记得复诊 还要看一些饮食指南 |
[35:39] | But the discharge plan lays it all out. | 但这些都写在出院计划上了 |
[35:43] | I’ll be there to help, Mom. | 我会帮你记着的 妈 |
[35:47] | No. | 不 |
[35:50] | You won’t. | 不用你 |
[35:56] | You need to live your own life. | 你得去过自己的生活 |
[36:01] | But I will accept FaceTime calls. | 但我会和你视频通话的 |
[36:06] | And once I recover, I’ll come visit. | 等我康复了 我就去看你 |
[36:15] | I hear that Prague is beautiful in the spring. | 听说春天的布拉格很美 |
[36:21] | It sounds like a plan. | 听起来不错啊 |
[36:34] | Things not go well with Glassy? | 格拉斯的事情进展不顺利? |
[36:37] | He returned the files with a note | 他退回了文件 还附上了一张便条 |
[36:39] | saying he did not look at them and does not intend to. | 说他没有看这些文件 也不打算看 |
[36:42] | I’m sorry. | 太遗憾了 |
[36:44] | It probably was a mistake to leave them for him to read. | 让他自己看这些文件可能是错误的 |
[36:47] | I’ll reorder the files and go to his office to review with him. | 我会重新整理文件 然后去他的办公室和他一起看 |
[36:51] | He doesn’t want to see them. | 他不想看这些文件 |
[36:53] | But he doesn’t know about the new evidence. | 但他还不知道新的证据呢 |
[36:55] | Maybe he doesn’t want to know. | 也许他不想知道 |
[36:57] | Cancer survivors have to live with an uncertainty– | 癌症幸存者得带着不确定性生活… |
[37:00] | Knowing is better than not knowing. | 知道总比不知道好 |
[37:05] | If he’s not ready to look at this, you can’t force him. | 如果他还没准备好看这些 你就不能强迫他 |
[37:10] | Maybe he’s scared, Shaun. And I think maybe you’re scared, too. | 也许他害怕了 肖恩 我想也许你也害怕了 |
[37:17] | We’re about to have a baby. | 我们要生孩子了 |
[37:20] | You’re about to be a dad. | 你快当爸爸了 |
[37:22] | And I think you’re worried about family and Glassman is a part of that. | 我觉得你在担心家人 而格拉斯曼也是我们的家人 |
[37:28] | But if you keep pushing, you risk damaging | 但如果你继续逼他 |
[37:31] | one of the most important relationships in your life. | 你生命最重要的关系之一可能会变坏 |
[37:48] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[37:53] | I’ve been thinking, and I need a break from our coffees. | 我一直在想 我们不能继续这样一起喝咖啡了 |
[37:56] | Dalisay. | 达理希 |
[37:58] | I don’t think dinner’s a good idea, either. | 我也不认为一起吃晚餐是个好主意 |
[38:00] | So we have a different point of view about hospital business. | 即使我们对医院业务有不同的看法 |
[38:03] | That doesn’t change the way I feel about you. | 但这不会改变我对你的感觉 |
[38:06] | On or off the clock, I’m the same person. | 无论上班下班 我都是我 |
[38:09] | To me, if you don’t value what the nurses do, | 对我来说 如果你不重视护士的工作 |
[38:11] | enough to treat us like a resource to invest in, not a line item to be cut. | 不把我们视为可投资的资源 而是可削减的项目 |
[38:17] | How much can you care about me? | 那你能有多在乎我? |
[38:20] | And to be honest, if that is your point of view, | 老实说 如果你真那么想 |
[38:27] | it undercuts the respect I have for you. | 我可能以后都不会那么敬重你了 |
[38:40] | Harper Louise Decrane, March 30th, 1994. | 哈珀路易斯德克兰 1994年3月30日 |
[38:46] | And do you know why you’re here? | 你知道自己为什么在这里吗? |
[38:49] | For my heart issues. | 为了治疗我的心脏 |
[38:53] | I had another Tet spell, didn’t I? | 我四联症又发作了吗? |
[38:56] | We’ll need to conduct more tests. But your speech and memory seem intact, | 我们需要进行更多测试 但是你的语言和记忆似乎完好无损 |
[39:00] | and with regard to your heart, we expect a full recovery. | 至于你的心脏 我们期待能完全康复 |
[39:03] | And with time, you may recover your full cognitive abilities as well. | 随着时间的推移 你也可能恢复全部认知能力 |
[39:08] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[39:10] | But for now, I’ll just focus on being here. | 但现在 我只专注于此刻 |
[39:30] | “It’s the greening of the trees that really gets to me. | “真正让我着迷的是树变绿了 |
[39:36] | When all the shock of white and taffy | 当白色和太妃糖的冲击 |
[39:38] | leave the pavement strewn with the confetti of aftermath, | 让人行道上布满了善后的五彩纸屑 |
[39:44] | the leaves come. | 叶子来了 |
[39:46] | patient, plodding. | 耐心地 步履蹒跚地 |
[39:50] | a green skin growing over whatever winter did to us. | 无论冬天多么难熬 我们都会长出一层绿色的皮肤 |
[39:55] | a return to the strange idea of continuous living, | 回归到继续生活的奇怪想法中去 |
[39:59] | despite the mess of us, the hurt, the empty.” | 尽管我们一团糟 悲伤又空虚” |
[40:04] | Shaun, what? | 肖恩 怎么了? |
[40:06] | Lea thinks that because I am going to be a dad, | 丽认为因为我要当爸爸了 |
[40:10] | I am worried about my family. | 我很担心我的家人 |
[40:14] | Okay. | 然后呢 |
[40:15] | She also thinks you are scared. | 她还认为你很害怕 |
[40:20] | I’m not scared, Shaun. I’m fine. | 我不害怕 肖恩 我很好 |
[40:21] | She says if you don’t want to do the scan, I should let it go. | 她说如果你不想做扫描 我应该放手 |
[40:29] | She… | 她… |
[40:32] | is right. | 是对的 |
[40:36] | Good. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
[40:39] | I am scared. | 但我害怕 |
[40:54] | Dr. Glassman. | 格拉斯曼医生 |
[41:00] | I am asking you to do the scan. | 我请求你去做核磁共振 |
[41:05] | Because… | 因为… |
[41:08] | the data and the evidence are sound. | 数据和证据是可靠的 |
[41:17] | And because… | 而且因为… |
[41:26] | it would be hard to lose my father just as I am about to become one. | 当我即将成为父亲时 我实在不想失去我的父亲 |
[41:38] | Do the scan for me. | 就当为了我 做核磁共振吧 |
[41:52] | Shaun, I’ll do the scan. | 肖恩 我会做的 |
[42:13] | “‘Fine, then, I’ll take it,’ | “‘好吧 那么 我接受’ |
[42:15] | the tree seems to say. A new slick leaf unfurling like a fist to an open pond. | 树似乎在说 一片光滑的新叶 像拳头一样展开到开阔的池塘 |
[42:22] | ‘I’ll take it all.'” | ‘我全盘接受’” |