时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | How long have you known? | 你知道了多久? |
[00:05] | About a week or two. | 大概一两个星期 |
[00:08] | My doctor found it on the yearly scan. | 我医生在年检发现 |
[00:14] | Did they give you a sense of how long? | 他们有没有给你时间范围? |
[00:19] | Three to six. -Years? | 三到六 – 年? |
[00:22] | Months. | 个月 |
[00:29] | What’s your plan? | 你有何打算? |
[00:31] | Is there a surgery or chemo? | 会做手术或化疗? |
[00:34] | No. This is my plan right here. | 不,这就是我的计划 |
[00:36] | You. You’re it. | 你,就是你 |
[00:38] | You’re the plan. | 你就是计划 |
[00:39] | And you. | 以及你 |
[00:42] | And that one. | 和这位 |
[00:46] | And maybe some bowling. | 也许可以打保龄 |
[00:52] | I have to go to work. | 我要去工作 |
[00:56] | Last time, you also said it was inoperable. Goodbye. | 上次你也说无法动刀,再见 |
[01:03] | He just took your medical file. | 他刚拿了你的医疗档案 |
[01:05] | Yeah. | 是 |
[01:07] | I’m so sorry, Glassy. | 很遗憾,格仔 |
[01:17] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[01:34] | Despite having you on vancomycin and ceftriaxone, | 尽管你正在接受万古霉素和头孢曲松治疗 |
[01:37] | your post-op infection is still progressing. | 你的术后感染仍在恶化 |
[01:39] | We’re waiting for the cultures to grow out, | 我们正在等待培植结果 |
[01:41] | but we suspect MRSA. | 但我们怀疑是 MRSA |
[01:43] | I’m thinking we debride the infected tissue, | 我在考虑我们清除受感染的组织 |
[01:45] | then flush antibiotics directly into the wound | 然后将抗生素直接冲入伤口 |
[01:47] | and put in drains. | 然后排走 |
[01:48] | Good call. | 明智的决定 |
[01:49] | I’ll put it on the schedule, | 我会把其加到日程表上 |
[01:51] | and leave you two alone. | 你们两个独处下 |
[01:56] | I guess we weren’t exactly subtle. | 我想我们并不算很隐晦 |
[01:58] | No. | 不 |
[02:02] | You said you wanted more than a one-night stand. | 你说过你想要不只是一夜情 |
[02:07] | I did. | 的确 |
[02:10] | But, uh, | 不过,嗯 |
[02:12] | how would we do that? | 我们怎样做? |
[02:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:18] | But… | 但是… |
[02:21] | I would like to make it work. | 我希望成事 |
[02:23] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[02:30] | Oh, it’s Shaun. He wants me in the Residents’ Lounge, stat. | 哦,是尚恩 他要我立刻到住院休息室 |
[02:33] | The patient is a 68-year-old man | 病人是一位 68 岁男士 |
[02:36] | diagnosed with grade IV butterfly glioblastoma, | 被诊断患有四级蝴蝶状 胶质母细胞瘤 |
[02:38] | from the left frontotemporal lobe. | 在左前颞叶 |
[02:42] | Do we have a full medical record? | 有完整医疗记录吗? |
[02:44] | Patient history? | 病人病史? |
[02:45] | Or a name? | 或者名字? |
[02:46] | Successful surgical resection for glioma five years ago, | 五年前,成功进行脑神经 胶质瘤手术切除 |
[02:49] | followed by chemo and radiation. | 伴随化疗和放射线治疗 |
[02:50] | And within the past year, | 都是在过去一年内 |
[02:51] | several minor strokes. | 并出现几次轻微中风 |
[02:53] | Glioma and strokes. | 胶质瘤和中风 |
[02:56] | Are those Glassman’s? | 这是格拉斯曼吗? |
[02:59] | His cancer’s back? | 他癌症复发了吗? |
[03:00] | The patient’s identity isn’t medically relevant. | 病人的身份并不 医学相关 |
[03:04] | How is he? How are you, Shaun? | 他怎样?你怎样,尚恩? |
[03:08] | The patient’s identity isn’t medically relevant. | 病人的身份并不医学相关 |
[03:12] | Shaun, did Dr. Glassman ask you to develop a treatment? | 尚恩,格拉斯曼医生有无 要求你制定治疗方案? |
[03:14] | No, he didn’t. Otherwise, he’d be here. | 不,他没有 否则他就会在这里了 |
[03:17] | The patient is reluctant to pursue treatment, | 病人不太愿意接受治疗 |
[03:20] | but the patient is also not aware of new developments. | 但病人亦未察觉到新进展 |
[03:22] | You and Jordan go do Claire’s debridement. | 你和佐敦去为克莱雅做清创 |
[03:27] | I’m sorry, Shaun. I can’t. | 对不起,尚恩,我帮不到手 |
[03:38] | Looking at the axial images with contrast… | 查看带对比剂的轴向影像… |
[03:48] | How’s Claire? | 克莱雅怎样? |
[03:51] | Looks like MRSA. We’ve got her on vanc and ceftriaxone. | 看起来象是 MRSA 我们给她用万古霉素和头孢曲松 |
[03:56] | Rack ’em up. | 来排一下球 |
[03:58] | Said the woman who hates the fact that there’s | 由那位讨厌 |
[04:01] | a pool table in the president’s lounge | 主席休息室里有一张桌球桌 |
[04:04] | to a dying man? | 的女士,对一个垂危的男人说吗? |
[04:07] | Shaun? | 尚恩? |
[04:09] | He’s got a group brainstorming a treatment plan for you. | 他已经组织了一个小组 为你制定治疗方案 |
[04:14] | I’ll rejoin them if you want me to. -No. | 如果你想的话,我会重新加入他们 – 不用 |
[04:20] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[04:25] | Hey, look at the bright side. | 嘿,往好的方面看 |
[04:27] | When I’m gone, no more co-presidency. | 我离开时,不再有共同主席 |
[04:30] | You can run this joint however you want. | 你可以按照自己的方式 来管理这个联合 |
[04:32] | I never wanted it in the first place. | 我从来没有想过要 |
[04:35] | Stop. You’re a natural. | 别说,你是天生的 |
[04:38] | Even if you are overly invested and too accessible… | 即使你投入过多 并变得太容易接近… |
[04:44] | In every other way, you’re amazing. | 在其他方面,你很棒 |
[04:53] | This sucks. | 这很糟糕 |
[05:01] | Shut up and rack ’em. | 闭嘴,然后开始整理 |
[05:08] | No sign of any more devascularized tissue. | 没有任何更多脱血 组织的迹象 |
[05:11] | Proceeding with antibiotic irrigation. | 进行抗生素灌洗 |
[05:15] | Looked like you two were reconnecting last night. | 似乎你们两个昨天复合了 |
[05:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:22] | Did that… Does that bother you? | 那个…这让你困扰吗? |
[05:25] | It caught me off guard a little. | 这让我有点措手不及 |
[05:28] | You could have told me you two had unfinished business. | 你本来可以告诉我 你们两个情未了 |
[05:32] | You’re with Perez. | 你和佩雷斯在一起 |
[05:35] | Danny and I are texting a lot, | 丹尼和我发了很多短讯 |
[05:37] | and, yes, I do hope and pray my future is with him. | 是的,我希望并祈祷我的 未来与他在一起 |
[05:41] | That’s why I backed off and stopped flirting with you. | 这就是为甚么我退缩并 停止跟你调情了 |
[05:43] | You and me, we’re friends. | 你和我,我们是朋友 |
[05:46] | Placing the drain. | 安装排液管 |
[05:49] | Thing about friends is, no holding out. | 朋友之道是,不要保留 |
[05:52] | I told you about me and Danny, you tell me | 我告诉你关于我和丹尼 的事情,你告诉我 |
[05:54] | when your ex you’re not over is back in town. | 你还没忘记的前任,他回到城市的事情 |
[05:57] | I can close. | 我可以关上 |
[05:59] | Deal. | 成交 |
[06:01] | To both. | 两者都是 |
[06:05] | I’ll go check on the cultures, | 我会去检查培植结果 |
[06:06] | see which antibiotics are working. | 查看哪些抗生素有效 |
[06:26] | Shaun, have you tried calling the Tisch Brain Tumor Center | 尚恩,你可试下打电话给 提斯脑肿瘤中心 |
[06:29] | or Cleveland Clinic about their in-progress GBM trials? | 即是克利夫兰诊所,询问 有关他们进行中的胶质母细胞瘤试验 |
[06:33] | That is an excellent idea. | 那是一个很好的主意 |
[06:37] | I’ll keep things rolling here. | 我会继续推动事情进展 |
[06:42] | Come on, guys, I need some energy, some enthusiasm. | 来吧大家,我需要一些 能量,一些热情 |
[06:44] | Stop pitching the same idea. Start pitching any idea. | 停止推销相同的想法;开始推销任何想法 |
[06:46] | I ran out an hour ago. | 我一小时前就没有新想法了 |
[06:49] | How long are we supposed to keep doing this? | 我们应该继续这样做多久? |
[06:51] | Until Shaun accepts what we already know. | 直到尚恩接受我们已经知道的事 |
[06:54] | That there is no treatment. | ——没有治疗方法 |
[07:07] | What do you got? -Nothing’s working. | 你有甚么消息吗?- 甚么都不对劲 |
[07:09] | Not a single antibiotic made a dent in Claire’s infection. | 克莱雅的感染对所有 抗生素都没有任何效果 |
[07:17] | It’s not MRSA. | 这不是 MRSA |
[07:26] | We cleared out all the infected tissue, | 我们清除了所有 受感染的组织 |
[07:30] | but initial cultures confirm you don’t have MRSA. | 但最初的培养确认你没有 MRSA |
[07:33] | You have acinetobacter. | 你患有阿氏不动杆菌 |
[07:37] | It’s resistant to everything. | 这菌抵抗一切 |
[07:39] | One of the antibiotic combos slowed growth a little. | 其中一种抗生素组合 稍微减缓生长速度 |
[07:41] | We’ll try that. | 我们会试试看 |
[07:43] | But mostly, we need your immune system to beat this thing. | 但大部分,我们需要你的免疫系统 来对抗这个病毒 |
[07:48] | Are you scared? | 你害怕吗? |
[07:51] | I heard about Glassman. How’s he holding up? | 我听说格拉斯曼的事 他最近怎么样? |
[07:55] | Better than the rest of us, I think. | 比我们其他人更好,我认为 |
[07:57] | At least, he’s acting like it. | 至少他表现得象是 |
[08:01] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[08:04] | I assume they’ll offer you the presidency. | 我假设他们会向你提供主席职位 |
[08:06] | Look, | 看 |
[08:08] | it is a terrible way to get the offer, | 这是一个糟糕的获得职位的方式 |
[08:10] | but it is still a huge accomplishment. | 但这仍然是一个重大成就 |
[08:15] | There’s another offer. | 又有另一个要约 |
[08:19] | Chief of surgery at the hospital | 医院的主任外科医生 |
[08:20] | where Clay’s doing his fellowship in Chicago. | 克雷在芝加哥做他的研究员 |
[08:25] | I’d get to focus on surgery again, | 我可以再次专注于手术 |
[08:27] | be with Clay again. | 再次与克雷在一起 |
[08:31] | But? | 但是呢? |
[08:36] | How did you know it was the right choice | 你怎么知道这是正确的选择 |
[08:38] | to move to Guatemala? | 我指搬到危地马拉? |
[08:44] | It made me want to throw up. | 这让我想呕吐 |
[08:47] | It was so terrifying. | 这很可怕 |
[08:53] | But in an exhilarating kind of way. | 但以一种令人振奋的方式 |
[08:59] | What? | 怎样? |
[09:01] | You’re sweating. | 你在出汗 |
[09:14] | I’m looking for stuff to scavenge. | 我正在寻找可以接手的东西 |
[09:18] | Oh, well, help yourself. | 随便 |
[09:21] | Just stay away from the scotch. I’m gonna need that. | 只是远离威士忌 我需要它 |
[09:28] | Tell me about your bucket list. | 告訢我,你有何死前愿望清单? |
[09:30] | Bucket list? Hmm. | 死前愿望清单?嗯 |
[09:33] | Criss-cross the Serengeti with a backpack and a pitch tent. | 携带背囊和搭帐篷 在塞伦盖提草原上穿梭 |
[09:37] | Wrestle an alligator and win. | 摔跤一只鳄鱼并赢得胜利 |
[09:40] | Or go bowling. | 打保龄球 |
[09:41] | I didn’t take you for a Pin Prince. | 我没有想过你能一击全中 |
[09:44] | A bowler? | 保龄球手? |
[09:45] | I’m kind of a Strike Siren myself. | 我自己较像一击不中 |
[09:49] | Park and I are in a league. | 朴和我一样水平 |
[09:52] | I wasn’t expecting that. | 我没有料到 |
[10:03] | I know what I want. | 我会知道我想要甚么 |
[10:09] | When you were treating my rheumatoid arthritis, | 当你在治疗我的风湿性关节炎时 |
[10:12] | there was this | 这是甚么? |
[10:14] | one day when you were going over my | 有一天当你正在检查我的 |
[10:17] | X-rays and blood work | X 光和血液检查 |
[10:19] | and medical history, | 和病史 |
[10:22] | all this stupid paperwork about me and my stupid hands, | 关于我和我这些愚蠢的手 所有这些愚蠢文件 |
[10:25] | and it all felt so overwhelming. | 这一切都让人感到不知所措 |
[10:30] | And then you gathered it up into this nice, neat pile, | 然后你把其收拾整齐 堆成一个漂亮整齐堆栈 |
[10:34] | and you paper-clipped it together. | 你用书夹夹在一起 |
[10:38] | And all of a sudden, it felt manageable, like, | 突然之间,这感觉变得可控 就像… |
[10:43] | maybe I would be okay. | 也许我会好起来 |
[10:50] | Also, I can use it to jimmy open | 我也可以用来撬开 |
[10:52] | the filing cabinet in my office. | 办公室的文件柜 |
[10:54] | I can’t find the key. | 我找不到钥匙 |
[11:02] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[11:18] | I sense you’ve cracked it. | 我感觉你已经破解好了 |
[11:19] | No, we’ve made no progress at all. | 没有,我们一点进展也没有 |
[11:25] | Shaun, we’ve been at this all day. | 尚恩,我们已经整天 都在做这个 |
[11:28] | It’s only 3:15. | 现在只是三点十五分 |
[11:30] | We’ve been at this for over seven hours, | 我们已经这样做了 超过七个小时 |
[11:32] | with six people looking non-stop. | 六人你眼望我眼 |
[11:35] | If there was a miracle cure to find, | 如果有一种奇迹般的治疗 方法可以找到 |
[11:37] | I think we would’ve– -I found something! | 我想我们本来—— – 我找到了些东西! |
[11:44] | A maximal resection would debulk the tumor | 最大切除手术 将减少肿瘤体积 |
[11:46] | down to a one-centimeter margin. | 至一厘米边缘 |
[11:48] | Minimally invasive techniques could be used. | 可以使用微创技术 |
[11:50] | You would only be in the hospital for one to two nights, | 你只需要在医院住一到两晚 |
[11:52] | and overall recovery would be faster | 整体康复速度将更快 |
[11:55] | because they wouldn’t be operating in the brain stem. | 因为其不会在脑干操作 |
[11:57] | The surgery would be followed | 该手术后将会 |
[11:58] | by an experimental ultrasound therapy. | 透过实验性超声波治疗 |
[12:00] | Thank you. An experimental ultrasound therapy, | 谢谢,一种实验性超声波疗法 |
[12:03] | breaking down the blood-brain barrier | 突破血脑屏障 |
[12:04] | to increase chemo penetration, allowing for a lower dose. | 增加化疗药物渗透,从而 可以使用较低剂量 |
[12:07] | There would still be some side effects, | 仍然会有一些副作用 |
[12:09] | but we could take more edibles together | 但我们可以一起吃更多 食品补充品 |
[12:11] | and eat Mallomars. Mm. | 并吃朱古力批 嗯 |
[12:22] | It could give you as much as a year. | 这可能给你多达一年的时间 |
[12:25] | Maybe more, if you respond well. | 也许更多,如果你反应良好的话 |
[12:32] | Claire is in septic shock. I have to go. | 克莱雅处于败血性休克状态 我要离开 |
[12:36] | I will be back later to answer any questions. | 我会稍后回来回答任何问题 |
[12:42] | Temp’s 103. | 体温为 103 华氏度 |
[12:43] | BP’s low, cardiac output is declining. | 血压低,心输出量正在下降 |
[12:46] | We could do another wound debridement. | 我们可以进行另一次伤口清创 |
[12:48] | It’s in her blood. The wound is not the biggest issue anymore. | 这是她的本能 伤口已不再是最大问题 |
[12:50] | But clearing it out allows her immune system | 但清创可以让她的免疫系统 |
[12:52] | to focus its resources elsewhere. | 将资源集中在其他地方 |
[12:53] | Not enough. We could try a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. | 不够,我们可以尝试高压氧室 |
[12:56] | Guys. | 各位 |
[12:57] | We all know the answer. | 我们都知道答案 |
[13:03] | You have to put me in a coma. | 你必须让我进入昏迷状态 |
[13:04] | No. -We’re not there yet. | 不 – 我们还没到那地步 |
[13:09] | We are. | 我们是的 |
[13:13] | Shutting down your other metabolic demands | 减少你的其他代谢需求 |
[13:16] | will allow your body to | 将允许你的身体 |
[13:18] | focus on fighting the infection. | 专注于对抗感染 |
[13:24] | I know, once you put me under, | 我知道,一旦你让我入睡 |
[13:26] | that may be… | 可能是… |
[13:33] | But this is my best chance to beat this thing. | 但这是我战胜这件事情的 最佳机会 |
[13:52] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:55] | Have you looked over the materials? | 你有没有查阅材料? |
[13:57] | I highlighted relevant sections. | 我标黄了相关部分 |
[14:00] | I have, and I appreciate | 我读了,而且我感激 |
[14:02] | what you’re trying to do, Shaun. | 你试图做甚么,尚恩 |
[14:03] | Yes. It is a very good plan. | 是的,这是一个非常好的计划 |
[14:05] | I’m not going to do it. | 我不会做 |
[14:08] | I don’t want to spend my remaining days sick and in pain. | 我不想在在生病和疼痛 里度余生 |
[14:11] | I might not be able to talk normally. | 我可能不能正常交谈 |
[14:14] | I might not be able to walk normally. | 我可能无法正常行走 |
[14:16] | I’ll have memory loss. | 我会有记忆丧失 |
[14:17] | Oh, there is a less than 20% chance. | 哦,机会少于 20% |
[14:19] | I don’t want to take that chance. | 我不想冒这个风险 |
[14:22] | But it could give you more time. | 但这可能会给你更多时间 |
[14:28] | A year, maybe, | 一年,也许 |
[14:30] | and in and out of hospitals half the time. | 一半时间出入医院 |
[14:32] | Or, Shaun, | 或者,尚恩 |
[14:34] | or I could do nothing | 或者我可以甚么都不做 |
[14:37] | and have six good months. | 过愉快的六个月 |
[14:39] | I could spend those good months | 我可以度过那些美好的日子 |
[14:41] | with you and Lea | 与你和莉亚 |
[14:44] | and Steve. | 和史提夫 |
[15:42] | Please don’t touch anything. | 请不要触摸任何东西 |
[15:48] | Glassman rejected the plan. | 格拉斯曼拒绝了这个计划 |
[15:50] | His three concerns were impairment of motor and speech, | 他的三个担忧 运动和言语障碍 |
[15:53] | loss of memory, side effects of the chemo. | 化疗的副作用会导致记忆丧失 |
[15:55] | I just need to find ways to mitigate those risks. | 我只需要找到方法减轻风险 |
[16:06] | You are just standing there. | 你只是站在那里 |
[16:12] | You are here to tell me to stop working | 你来这里告诉我 停止努力 |
[16:14] | on Dr. Glassman’s case. | 于格拉斯曼医生的案例 |
[16:18] | No, Shaun. | 不,尚恩 |
[16:20] | It’s your choice. | 由你决定 |
[16:44] | The rocuronium will temporarily paralyze you | 罗库溴铵会暂时令你瘫痪 |
[16:46] | to make intubation easier. | 使插管更容易 |
[16:49] | Once the tube is in, we’ll do a continuous propofol drip. | 一旦管子放入,我们会进行 持续的丙泊酚滴注 |
[16:54] | You ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[17:13] | I forgot a med. | 我漏了一种药物 |
[17:21] | I can’t say goodbye. | 我不能说再见 |
[17:24] | Just got you back. | 刚和你复合 |
[17:27] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[17:30] | I… | 我… |
[17:31] | I’m so sorry | 对不起 |
[17:34] | we lost so much time. | 我们浪费了太多时间 |
[17:37] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:41] | We needed that time to get back here. | 我们需要那段时间 才能回到这里 |
[17:45] | We weren’t ready before. | 我们以前还没准备好 |
[17:48] | We were too dumb. | 我们太笨了 |
[17:50] | We were so dumb. | 我们真是太蠢了 |
[17:58] | But I did tell you that I think, one day, | 但我告诉过你我认为,有一天 |
[18:00] | we’d both be very happy. | 我们两个都会很快乐 |
[18:05] | I just didn’t realize it would be together. | 我只是没有意识到 会在一起 |
[18:12] | I love you, too, Claire Browne. | 我也爱你,克莱雅布朗 |
[18:18] | And I really wish I could kiss you right now. | 我真的希望 我现在能亲吻你 |
[18:33] | Where is Shaun? | 尚恩在哪里? |
[18:43] | Claire’s asking for you. | 克莱雅正在找你 |
[18:44] | I am working on her case. | 我正在处理她的个案 |
[18:47] | Currently, I’m working on Dr. Glassman’s, | 目前,我正在处理格拉斯曼医生的 |
[18:49] | but I will switch back in 3 minutes and 27 seconds. | 但我会在 3 分钟 27 秒后 切换回来 |
[18:52] | She might not wake up, Shaun. | 她可能不会醒来 |
[18:55] | She wants to say goodbye. | 她想要道别 |
[18:57] | I will find a way to save them both. | 我会想办法救他们两个 |
[19:01] | Oncolytic viruses have been used to infect | 溶瘤病毒已被用来感染 |
[19:03] | and destroy cancer cells, but the viruses won’t work | 并摧毁癌细胞,但病毒无法发挥作用 |
[19:06] | because Dr. Glassman’s tumor was previously EGFR negative… | 因为格拉斯曼医生的肿瘤 之前是 EGFR 阴性… |
[19:09] | Shaun. -…so there is no target for the virus to attach to, | …所以病毒没有可附着的目标 |
[19:11] | but if I could find a different receptor — -Shaun. | -但如果我能找到另一种受体 – 尚恩 |
[19:14] | Your very good friend, who might die, | 你非常好的朋友,可能会死去 |
[19:17] | is asking for a few minutes of your time, | 你是否可以抽出几分钟的时间? |
[19:20] | but you’re too busy ignoring the expressed wishes | 但你太忙于忽视说到出口 |
[19:22] | of your other friend who’s dying. | 你另一位快要离世朋友的愿望 |
[19:28] | I know you’re scared. | 我知道你害怕 |
[19:32] | But you’re being a bad friend | 但你正在做坏朋友 |
[19:34] | when the people you love could really use a good one. | 当你爱的人真的 需要帮助时 |
[20:14] | I know how to save Claire. | 我知道怎样救克莱雅了 |
[20:23] | Hello. We can use viruses | 你好,我们可以使用病毒 |
[20:25] | to cure Claire’s bacterial infection. | 治疗克莱雅的细菌感染 |
[20:27] | Bacteriophages, to be precise. | 噬菌体,准确地说 |
[20:29] | They are viruses that attack and infiltrate | 这是攻击和渗透的病毒 |
[20:31] | only bacteria, and then destroy them from the inside. | 只有细菌,然后从内部摧毁它们 |
[20:34] | Every bacteriophage only infects certain kinds of bacteria. | 每种噬菌体,只会感染特定种类的细菌 |
[20:36] | All we need to do is find one | 我们只需要找到一个 |
[20:37] | that will attack Claire’s infection. | 这将攻击克莱雅的感染 |
[20:39] | There are billions of phages. | 噬菌体有数十亿种 |
[20:41] | Are any of them known to work on acinetobacter? | 当们中有没有被认为 对阿氏链球菌有效的? |
[20:44] | No. So, we’re searching | -不 – 所以,我们正在物色 |
[20:46] | through a billion haystacks for one needle? | 十亿堆干草中找一根针? |
[20:48] | Not exactly. | 不完全是 |
[20:50] | Each phage can attack more than one kind of bacteria, | 每个噬菌体可以 攻击多种类型的细菌 |
[20:52] | so it is more like searching a billion haystacks | 这更象是在寻找 一亿个干草堆 |
[20:55] | for a million needles. | 找一百万根针 |
[20:57] | And where are we supposed to find these | 我们应该在哪里找到这 |
[20:58] | haystacks, or needles? | 草堆,还是针? |
[21:00] | Bacteriophages. The metaphor is not helping. | 噬菌体,这个隐喻并没帮助 |
[21:02] | We need to collect the phages, | 我们需要收集噬菌体 |
[21:04] | as many as we can, as fast as we can. | 尽可能多,尽可能快 |
[21:06] | Phage therapy is experimental. | 噬菌体疗法是实验性的 |
[21:08] | We would need a compassionate use authorization from the FDA, | 我们需要从 FDA 获得宽容使用授权 |
[21:11] | but they’ve– -But that’s tomorrow’s problem. | 但他们已经—— – 但这是明天的问题 |
[21:13] | Today, we’ve got to find the right phage. | 今天,我们必须找到合适的噬菌体 |
[21:16] | According to the microbiology department | 根据微生物学部,于 |
[21:18] | of the CDC, the most common sources | 疾控中心中,最常见的来源 |
[21:19] | of bacteriophages are swamps, | 细菌噬菌体的寄主是沼泽 |
[21:21] | farms, storm drains, and sewage plants. | 农场、雨水排放渠和污水处理厂 |
[21:27] | I noticed her left forearm felt cold with a weak pulse. | 我注意到她的左前臂 感到冰冷,脉搏虚弱 |
[21:29] | Septic emboli? -Poor blood flow. | 脓性栓塞? – 血液流动不良 |
[21:31] | Already showing signs of ischemia. | 已出现缺血征象 |
[21:33] | We can do a thrombectomy, | 我们可以进行血栓切除术 |
[21:35] | try to remove the clot and slow progress of infection. | 试图清除血块 并减慢感染的进展 |
[21:37] | Her body’s putting a ton of resources into saving this arm, | 她的身体正在投入大量 资源来挽救这条手臂 |
[21:40] | which is taking energy away from saving her vital organs. | 这将消耗她保存重要器官的能量 |
[21:43] | She can live without an arm. | 她没有一只手臂也仍可以活着 |
[21:47] | Let’s try the thrombectomy first. | 让我们先尝试血栓切除手术 |
[21:49] | We need transport. | 我们需要运输 |
[21:54] | I have taken your concerns into account | 我已经考虑了你的担忧 |
[21:57] | and formed a new treatment plan. | 并制定了新的治疗计划 |
[22:00] | I don’t want a new treatment plan, Shaun. | 我不想要一个 新的治疗计划,尚恩 |
[22:03] | You don’t know. You haven’t looked. | 你不知道,你都未看 |
[22:05] | We will do a fluorescence-guided | 我们将进行荧光引导 |
[22:07] | awake brain surgery with cortical stimulation. | 清醒脑手术配合皮质刺激 |
[22:10] | Shaun, I appreciate that you’re doing this out of, | 尚恩,我感激你这样做是出于 |
[22:13] | you know, love. | 你知道,爱 |
[22:15] | But sometimes when you love someone, | 但有时当你爱上一个人时 |
[22:17] | you don’t have to fight every fight. | 不需要每一场战斗都要参与 |
[22:19] | You don’t have to persevere to the ends of the earth. | 你不需要坚持到世界尽头 |
[22:22] | Sometimes, when you love someone, | 有时候,当你爱一个人时 |
[22:23] | you just, you know, take ’em bowling. | 你只需带他们去保龄球场 |
[22:26] | Six years ago, you didn’t give up, | 六年前,你没有放弃 |
[22:29] | and you got to see me get married. | 你看到我结婚了 |
[22:31] | You got to meet your grandson. | 你得见你的孙子了 |
[22:32] | You got to save more lives. | 你要救更多人的命 |
[22:33] | You were wrong then, | 当时你错了 |
[22:35] | and you are wrong now. -Shaun, look at me, please. | 而你现在是错的 – 尚恩,请看着我 |
[22:38] | Listen to me. Look at me, please! | 请听我说,请看着我! |
[22:43] | Is my tumor recurrent, yes or no? | 我肿起来复发,是定不是? |
[22:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:48] | Is it aggressive? Is it even more aggressive? | 是侵略性的吗? 是不是更具侵略性? |
[22:55] | There are better treatments now. | 现在有更好的治疗方法 |
[22:59] | We just need to buy you some time. | 我们只需要爲你争取一些时间 |
[23:02] | I shouldn’t have told you. | 我不应该告诉你 |
[23:12] | You are being selfish. | 你很自私 |
[23:16] | And you are a coward. | 而你是一个懦夫 |
[23:20] | You could keep fighting and have more time with me | 你可以继续战斗,陪我们多些时间,我 |
[23:24] | and with Lea and with Steve, but you are giving up. | 和莉亚以及和史提夫,但你正在放弃 |
[23:26] | You are giving up on all of us. | 你放弃了我们所有人 |
[23:37] | If you are giving up on me… | 如果你要放弃我… |
[23:42] | then I have to give up on you. | 那我只好放弃你 |
[24:09] | The thrombectomy didn’t fully clear the blood clot. | 血栓切除手术 并未完全清除血块 |
[24:11] | It’s obstructing blood flow, | 阻碍了血流 |
[24:12] | and the arm is showing signs of necrosis. | 手臂出现坏疽的迹象 |
[24:16] | I think we need to amputate. | 我认为我们需要截肢 |
[24:19] | Or we could try an open thrombectomy. | 或者我们可以尝试 进行开放性血栓切除术 |
[24:21] | It’ll give us better access to the clot. | 这将使我们更容易接触到血块 |
[24:23] | It’ll also risk seeding the infection to other places. | 这也会增加感染 在其他地方传播的风险 |
[24:25] | We could start a heparin drip, | 我们可以开始使用肝素滴注 |
[24:26] | see if it’ll give us better blood flow. | 看看是否能改善我们的血液流动 |
[24:28] | The arm is taking resources | 手臂正在取走 |
[24:29] | the rest of her body desperately needs. | 她身体迫切需要的余下资源 |
[24:31] | Her creatinine and LFTs are trending up. | 她的肌酸酐和肝功能测试 结果正在上升 |
[24:32] | Her liver and her kidney are starting to fail. | 她的肝脏和肾脏开始衰竭 |
[24:35] | Putting off amputation any longer, | 拖延截肢更久 |
[24:36] | it risks her life. | 可能危及她的生命 |
[24:40] | She wouldn’t be a surgeon anymore. | 她将不再是一名外科医生 |
[24:44] | She loves her job and is very good at it. | 她热爱她的工作,而且做得非常好 |
[24:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[24:57] | But what she loves | 但她爱的是甚么? |
[25:00] | is the young girl in Guatemala who walked half a day | 是在危地马拉走了半天路的年轻女孩 |
[25:02] | to the hospital with a broken ankle. | 带着一条断了的脚踝到医院 |
[25:05] | And the old man who just lost his wife of 52 years | 是刚刚失去了结婚 52 年妻子的老人 |
[25:10] | and needed someone to hold his hand. | 需要有人牵着他的手 |
[25:15] | And the first-year surgical resident | 和第一年外科住院医生 |
[25:18] | who was different, | 与众不同的 |
[25:20] | but she saw something special in him. | 但她在他身上看到 一些特别的特质 |
[25:26] | Claire loves people, | 克莱雅热爱的是人 |
[25:28] | and she will find a way to take care of people, | 她会想办法照顾他人 |
[25:30] | no matter what. | 无论如何都是 |
[25:31] | And I think, if she was here right now, | 如果她现在 在这里的话,我想… |
[25:33] | listening to all of this, she would tell us | 听到这一切,她会告诉我们 |
[25:35] | to take her damn arm | 拿掉她该死的手臂 |
[25:37] | and trust that she will find a way forward, | 相信她会找到前进的方法 |
[25:38] | because she… | 因为她… |
[25:40] | she always has. | 她一直都是这样 |
[25:51] | Prep the OR. | 准备手术室 |
[26:09] | I thought you could use some baby snuggles. | 我以为你会喜欢宝宝抱一下 |
[26:14] | You have no idea. | 你毫无概念 |
[26:16] | Mm. | 唔 |
[26:18] | Come here. | 过嚟呢 |
[26:21] | Come here. I gotcha. | 过来,我抱抱你 |
[26:23] | I gotcha. | 我抱抱 |
[26:24] | Hi. | 你好 |
[26:26] | Hi. I gotcha. I gotcha. | 嗨,我知道了 |
[26:30] | I said no to | 我拒绝了 |
[26:32] | Shaun’s plan twice. | 尚恩的计划两次 |
[26:40] | I thought he’d be ready to | 我以为他会准备好 |
[26:42] | accept this eventually. | 最终会接受这个 |
[26:45] | Well, “eventually” probably means more than 48 hours. | 「最终」很可能指的是 超过 48 小时 |
[26:55] | I spent a couple of decades trying to prepare him | 我花了几十年的时间 试图让他准备 |
[26:59] | for when I | 当我—— |
[27:01] | wasn’t going to be around anymore. | 不再在这里的时候 |
[27:07] | Apparently, that wasn’t enough. | 显然,那还不够 |
[27:14] | Glassy… | 格仔… |
[27:17] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[27:20] | You are the first-wisest | 你是最有智慧的 |
[27:22] | and second-smartest person I know, | 而且是我所认识 第二聪明的人 |
[27:25] | but if you think you haven’t done enough for Shaun, | 但如果你认为自己对尚恩 还没有做足够的话 |
[27:27] | then I am sorry, but you are a ginormous idiot. | 对不起,但你真的是个大白痴 |
[27:31] | Look at who you’re holding. | 看看你正在拥抱的人 |
[27:34] | That baby is here because of what you did. | 那个婴儿出生是因为你的行为 |
[27:37] | I’m here because of what you did. | 因为你做的事情,我在这里 |
[27:40] | You saw who he was, who he could be. | 你看到了他是谁 他可能会成为甚么样的人 |
[27:42] | You saved his life, and he knows it. | 你救了他的命,他知道的 |
[27:47] | He will come around… | 他会改变主意的… |
[27:50] | eventually. | 最终 |
[27:54] | Hi. | 你好 |
[27:56] | He doesn’t have a whole lot of time. | 他没有太多时间 |
[28:17] | 10-blade. | 10 号刀 |
[28:45] | We’ve concluded our tour of the most disgusting barns | 我们已经完成参观 最恶心的谷仓 |
[28:47] | in Northern California. | 在北加州 |
[28:48] | I have received hundreds of phages from the CDC. | 我收到了来自疾控中心 的数百种噬菌体 |
[28:52] | Charlie and Dom are on their way with 87. | 查理和当姆正在前往 87 |
[28:54] | Have any showed promise so far? | 到目前为止有任何一种 表现出色吗? |
[28:57] | None whatsoever. | 毫无 |
[29:00] | Shaun, uh, can I talk to you? | 尚恩,嗯,我可以跟你讲吗? |
[29:04] | I have samples to test. | 我有样本要测试 |
[29:07] | Uh, it’s important. | 这很重要 |
[29:10] | We’ll keep gathering. | 我们会继续收集 |
[29:11] | I know of a slaughterhouse nearby. | 我知道附近有一间屠宰场 |
[29:13] | You know of a slaughterhouse? – Mm-hmm. | 你知道屠宰场吗? – 嗯 |
[29:23] | You can’t shut Glassman out. | 你不可不理格拉斯曼 |
[29:26] | I presented him with two plans. | 我向他提出了两个计划 |
[29:28] | He doesn’t want them. That’s his choice. | 他不想要 这是他的选择 |
[29:29] | His choice is wrong. | 他的选择是错误的 |
[29:31] | No, it isn’t, Shaun. | 不是的,尚恩 |
[29:44] | I know how hard it is for you to accept. | 我知道你很难接受 |
[29:47] | I know you don’t want to face any of this, | 我知道你不想面对这些 |
[29:51] | but Glassman is dying, Shaun. | 但格拉斯曼正在垂危,尚恩 |
[29:55] | And all this work you’ve been doing to try to save him | 你一直在努力地试图 拯救他的所有工作 |
[30:00] | is really for you. | 这真的只是你的 |
[30:03] | You need a new plan. | 你需要一个新计划 |
[30:07] | A plan to say goodbye. | 告别计划 |
[30:11] | Right now, you can’t make yourself feel okay | 现在,你无法让自己感觉接受 |
[30:13] | about Glassman’s decision, and that is okay. | 格拉斯曼的决定,那没问题 |
[30:16] | You don’t have to. | 你并不需要 |
[30:19] | But… | 但是… |
[30:22] | he is going to die, | 他将会死去 |
[30:25] | and if you are not with him for his final days, | 如果你不在他的最后几天陪伴他 |
[30:29] | you will regret it for the rest of your life. | 你会后悔一生 |
[30:35] | So… | 那么… |
[30:38] | you need to plan | 你需要计划 |
[30:40] | for your final days with your father. | 与你父亲度过的最后日子 |
[31:11] | You are a very good friend. | 你是一个非常好的朋友 |
[31:25] | I should have come earlier. | 我应该早点来 |
[31:30] | I am sorry. | 对不起 |
[31:46] | Goodbye, Claire. | 再见,克莱雅 |
[32:12] | We’ve got it! | 我们有了! |
[32:16] | We’ve got it! | 我们有了! |
[32:20] | The bacteriophage? -Yes! | -噬菌体? -是的! |
[32:22] | The right bacteriophage? | 适合的噬菌体? |
[32:25] | I said, “We’ve got it.” What else would I have meant? | 我说:「我们有了」 我还能表示甚么? |
[32:27] | Oh-ye! | 噢咦! |
[32:34] | I told you. I was not wrong. | 我告诉过你 我没有错 |
[32:36] | I was not wrong to not say goodbye. | 我没有错,不道别 |
[32:37] | I will see you very soon. | 我会很快见到你 |
[32:42] | You have the data. It’s in the green folders. | 你有数据 在绿色公文袋里 |
[32:44] | Stress the time frame, | 强调时间框架 |
[32:45] | the bacterial lysis times were very striking, | 细菌溶解时间非常显著 |
[32:47] | and there were low levels of endotoxins. | 并且存在低水平的内毒素 |
[32:49] | Oh, also, uh, her amputated arm isn’t strictly relevant, | 哦,而且,嗯,她被截肢的手臂 并不是很重要 |
[32:52] | but because we’re applying for a compassionate use, | 但因为我们正在申请宽容使用 |
[32:54] | anything that’ll make her appear | 任何可以让她显得更好的方法 |
[32:55] | more sympathetic will be helpful. | 更富同情心会更有帮助 |
[33:08] | We can appeal. | 我们可以上诉 |
[33:12] | But the whole point of a compassionate use | 但宽容使用的整个重点 |
[33:14] | is to allow people with no other option. | 在于为了让没有其他选择的人 |
[33:16] | They can take risks. | 可以承担风险 |
[33:18] | I am so angry. | 我很生气 |
[33:20] | Are you not angry? | 你不生气吗? |
[33:27] | Go back to the hospital | 回医院 |
[33:29] | and prep Claire for the bacteriophage treatment. | 为克莱雅准备噬菌体治疗 |
[33:34] | Are you going to… | 你要… |
[33:37] | I don’t know. I need to think. | 我不知道 我需要想一想 |
[34:03] | Are you okay, Shaun? | 你好吗,尚恩? |
[34:05] | Is Claire going to be okay? Why did you text us? | 克莱雅会没事吗? 为甚么你发短讯给我们? |
[34:08] | I texted you | 我发了短讯给你 |
[34:10] | because when I have important news, | 因为当我有重要消息时 |
[34:13] | you two are the people I need to share it with. | 你们两个是我需要 分享的对象 |
[34:23] | On the day the copper pipes | 那一天,当 |
[34:25] | in the old building smelled like burnt food… | 在那座旧建筑物铜管里 散发着烧焦食物的味道… |
[34:31] | my brother taught me | 我哥哥教了我 |
[34:33] | that just because you love somebody doesn’t mean | 只是因为你爱某人 并不代表 |
[34:36] | you get to love them forever. | 你可以永远爱他们 |
[34:42] | But I was okay | 但我还好 |
[34:44] | because I had you, Dr. Glassman. | 因为有你,格拉斯曼医生 |
[34:51] | And on the day that… | 在那一天… |
[34:58] | On the day that you go to heaven… | 在你去天堂的那一天… |
[35:02] | I will have Lea. | 我会有莉亚 |
[35:04] | I will have little Steve. | 我会有小史提夫 |
[35:08] | And on the day the carousel smelled like oil, | 当旋转木马散发着油味的那一天 |
[35:11] | the carousel you used to go to with Maddie, | 你以前和玛迪一起去的旋转木马 |
[35:13] | I told you I would go there | 我告诉过你,我会去那里 |
[35:15] | and think of you after you’re gone, and I will. | 我会在你离开后想念你,而且我会 |
[35:19] | But I want to go before then too. | 但我也想在那之前去 |
[35:23] | I will go there with you. | 我会跟你一起去 |
[35:29] | And I will go bowling. I will go bowling with you. | 我会打保龄球,我会 和你一起打保龄球 |
[35:32] | I will make a plan. But I can’t today because… | 我会制定一个计划,但我今天不能 因为… |
[35:42] | Because on the day you stood up for me, I met Claire. | 因为在你为我挺身而出的那一天 我遇见了克莱雅 |
[35:48] | And she believed me. | 她相信了我 |
[35:53] | And I spoke to people in this room, | 我和这房间里的人交谈 |
[35:56] | and I told them I want to save people | 我告诉他们我想要拯救他人 |
[36:00] | so they can become adults | 让他们成年 |
[36:02] | and have children and love those children. | 并且有孩子,并爱护这些孩子 |
[36:05] | But I don’t… | 但我不… |
[36:07] | I don’t need to save everyone. | 我不需要拯救每个人 |
[36:09] | I just need to save Claire. | 我只需要救克莱雅 |
[36:23] | The FDA did not approve her treatment. | FDA 没批准她的治疗 |
[36:29] | But I am going to give it to her anyway. | 但我还是会给她治 |
[36:35] | And then I won’t be a doctor anymore. | 然后我将不再是医生 |
[36:40] | And that’s okay. | 但没问题 |
[36:50] | No. No. | 不,不 |
[36:53] | No, Shaun, that’s not okay. | 不,尚恩,不可以 |
[37:15] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[37:49] | I am Dr. Shaun Murphy. | 我是尚恩墨菲医生 |
[37:52] | I am Chief of Surgery | 我是外科主任 |
[37:54] | at San Jose Saint Bonaventure Hospital. | 任职圣荷西圣博纳文医院 |
[38:06] | I have autism spectrum disorder, | 我患有自闭症谱系障碍 |
[38:09] | which is part of the reason that I remember the names | 这是其中一个我能记住 |
[38:11] | of all 1,524 people whose lives I’ve helped save. | 我帮助拯救 1,524 人名字的原因 |
[38:18] | There were a lot of people | 有很多人 |
[38:20] | who did not want me to be a surgeon | 不希望我成为一名外科医生 |
[38:23] | at Saint Bonaventure Hospital, or anywhere, | 无论是圣博纳文医院,抑或任何地方 |
[38:27] | because I was different. | 因为我与众不同 |
[38:30] | I couldn’t make eye contact. | 我无法与对方对视 |
[38:33] | I didn’t know how to lie. I made people uncomfortable. | 我不知道怎么说谎 我让人感到不舒服 |
[38:38] | But someone believed in me. | 但有人信我 |
[38:45] | Dr. Aaron Glassman… | 艾伦格拉斯曼医生… |
[38:48] | was my friend. | 曾经是我的朋友 |
[38:51] | ♪ There is no Rhyme or reason why ♪ | ♪没有押韵或理由♪ |
[38:59] | I love you, Dr. Glassman. | 我爱你,格拉斯曼医生 |
[39:04] | I love you more, Dr. Murphy. | 我爱你更多,墨菲医生 |
[39:07] | ♪ Being known ♪ | ♪被人知晓♪ |
[39:11] | ♪ I carry with me A part of us ♪ | ♪我带着我们的一部分♪ |
[39:18] | ♪ There’s nothing I could do Or have ever done ♪ | ♪我无能为力,也无法改变♪ |
[39:24] | ♪ To bring me closer To being known ♪ | ♪让我更接近被认识♪ |
[39:33] | But you don’t even speak Ukrainian. | 但你甚至不懂说乌克兰文 |
[39:36] | They have translators, Mom. | 他们有翻译员,妈妈 |
[39:41] | I’m proud of you. | 我以你为傲 |
[39:45] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[39:47] | ♪ This is the place We’re all hiding ♪ | ♪这是我们的藏身之处♪ |
[39:53] | ♪ Getting closer To being known ♪ | ♪走近被了解的那一天♪ |
[40:01] | ♪ The one we all long to be ♪ | ♪我们都渴望成为的人♪ |
[40:08] | ♪ The why it’s so hard To sleep ♪ | ♪为甚么这么难入眠♪ |
[40:15] | ♪ The heart, it becomes fire ♪ | ♪心灵变成火焰♪ |
[40:18] | ♪ The soul It becomes the sea ♪ | ♪灵魂变成大海♪ |
[40:21] | ♪ When we are known ♪ | ♪当我们被认识时♪ |
[40:35] | ♪ Closer, fire ♪ | ♪更近一点,烈火♪ |
[40:39] | ♪ Burning, brighter ♪ | ♪燃烧得更明亮♪ |
[40:42] | ♪ Feels like the first time ♪ | ♪就像第一次♪ |
[40:46] | ♪ The first kiss, desire ♪ | ♪第一吻,欲望♪ |
[40:49] | ♪ Closer, fire ♪ | ♪更近一点,烈火♪ |
[40:52] | ♪ Burning, brighter ♪ | ♪燃烧得更明亮♪ |
[40:56] | We have to go. | 我们要走了 |
[40:59] | ♪ The first kiss, desire ♪ | ♪第一吻,欲望♪ |
[41:03] | ♪ When we are known ♪ | ♪当我们被认识时♪ |
[41:16] | Dr. Claire Browne | 克莱雅布朗医生 |
[41:19] | is my friend. | 她是我的朋友 |
[41:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[41:28] | Dr. Glassman and I saved her life. | 我和格拉斯曼医生 救了她的命 |
[41:31] | Dr. Glassman saved over 4,000 lives. | 格拉斯曼医生拯救了 超过 4,000 条生命 |
[41:34] | He would say less, but I give him credit | 他会说是少一点 但我把 |
[41:36] | for all the lives that I have saved, | 我所拯救所有生命 的功劳都归他 |
[41:37] | because he taught me | 因为他教了我 |
[41:41] | a mnemonic for remembering | 一个用来记忆助记方法,用来记 |
[41:42] | the effects of organophosphate poisoning, | 有机磷中毒的影响 |
[41:43] | and he taught me that | 他教会了我那个 |
[41:44] | if you just palm grip the needle driver, | 如果你只是用手掌握住针柄 |
[41:47] | you will get way more maneuverability, and force control. | 你将获得更多的机动性 和力量控制 |
[41:50] | And he taught me… | 并且他还教识我… |
[41:54] | that when you touch one life, | 当你触摸一个生命时 |
[41:56] | you don’t just touch one life. | 你不只触及一个生命 |
[42:00] | You touch every life that that life touches. | 你触及那生命 触及的所有生命 |
[42:09] | Dr. Glassman said many wise things. Yes. | 格拉斯曼医生说过 很多明智的话,是的 |
[42:14] | And over the years, I have tried to write them down. | 多年来,我试过把其抄下来 |
[42:23] | “Think about what people can do, | 思考大众可以做甚么 |
[42:26] | not about what people can’t do.” | 而不是大众不能做甚么 |
[42:30] | “Hear what I have to say, | 请听我要说的话 |
[42:33] | and then decide if it’s bad advice.” | 然后决定这是否是坏建议 |
[42:37] | “Questions are good.” | 问题是好的 |
[42:39] | “Leads to awareness and understanding.” | 引起意识和理解 |
[42:41] | “And, who knows, maybe even acceptance.” | 谁知道呢,也许甚至会获接纳」 |
[42:51] | And when he wanted the board to hire me, he said, | 当他想要委任委员会 聘请我时,他说: |
[42:56] | “We will be a better hospital for hiring him.” | 「我们的医院,僱用他将会更好」 |
[42:59] | “We will be better people for hiring him.” | 会使我们成为更好的人,僱用他 |
[43:04] | And then he slammed the desk with his hand, | 然后他用手猛力拍桌子 |
[43:06] | because that is how you communicate | 因为这是你沟通的方式 |
[43:08] | that you really mean what you are saying. | 当你真的是认真地说话 |
[43:13] | He always knew people were looking to him, | 他始终知道大家指望他 |
[43:15] | that they might take lessons from him. | 并可能会向他学习 |
[43:16] | And if they did, | 如果他人这样做的话 |
[43:20] | he always wanted that lesson to be… | 他总是希望他人 能学到的是… |
[43:29] | “Don’t be an ass.” | 别当混蛋 |
[43:35] | “Don’t be an ass.” | 别当混蛋 |
[43:38] | It’s not always easy. | 并不总是容易 |
[43:46] | Together, we planned, | 我们在一起作了计划 |
[43:48] | and six months after he died, | 六个月后他去世了 |
[43:53] | I started… | 我成立了… |
[43:55] | the Dr. Aaron Glassman Foundation | 艾伦医生基金会 |
[43:58] | for Neurodiversity in Medicine, | 研究医学领域中的 神经多样性 |
[44:00] | which is today run by myself and Dr. Claire Browne, | 今天由我和布朗医生负责管理 |
[44:04] | and has affiliations with 17 hospitals | 并已与 17 间医院 |
[44:07] | and 32 medical schools. | 和 32 所医学院建立联系 |
[44:21] | I wanted to help people | 我想要帮助他人 |
[44:24] | and save lives. | 并拯救生命 |
[44:28] | And I wanted to make a lot of money | 我想赚很多钱 |
[44:29] | so that I could buy a television. | 这样我就可以买一部电视 |
[44:34] | But because of Dr. Glassman, | 而因为格拉斯曼医生的缘故 |
[44:37] | I have much more than that. | 我的成就远比此更多 |
[44:40] | I have many friends. | 我有很多朋友 |
[44:46] | And I have a family. | 我有一个家庭 |
[44:51] | And I have two televisions. | 而且我有两台电视 |
[44:55] | ♪ Leaves are changing So am I ♪ | ♪叶子更迭,我也在变化♪ |