时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Gossip girl here– | “八卦天后”在此 |
[00:02] | Your one and only source | 这是您了解 |
[00:04] | into the scandalous lives of manhattan’s elite. | 曼哈顿名流们绯闻的唯一渠道 |
[00:06] | Alleley is raving about the finale dress | 他为你最终的服装疯狂了 |
[00:10] | Loved it. my dress? | 我的裙子 |
[00:11] | Is that what you told headmistress queller, | 你就这么跟女校长说 |
[00:12] | that you don’t care about all the school you’ve missed? | 你不在意你错过的学校 |
[00:13] | I told her I’m not coming back. | 我跟她说不会回来了 |
[00:14] | I tried to write | 我本来要写信 |
[00:15] | But there was something in the way. | 但总有些麻烦事 |
[00:16] | I couldn’t focus. | 我没法集中精力 |
[00:17] | You’ll get no letter of recommendation from me. | 我不会给你写推荐信的 |
[00:18] | The captain is being charged | 船长现在负责 |
[00:20] | with embezzlement and fraud. | 防假冒和盗用行为 |
[00:21] | This is an absolute disaster. | 这绝对是铤而走险 |
[00:23] | Serena is in “women’s wear daily.” | 瑟琳娜上妇女日常穿着杂志了 |
[00:25] | I’m just tired of trying to hold myself back | 我正试着让自己低调 |
[00:28] | -So I don’t outshine you. -excuse me? | -以不抢你风头 -什么 |
[00:29] | From now on, I’m gonna be who I am. | 从现在起 我要做我自己 |
[00:35] | And who am i? | 我是谁 |
[00:36] | That’s a secret I’ll never tell. | 我永远不会说的 |
[00:40] | You know you love me. | 你知道你爱我 |
[00:54] | The rain in spain | 西班牙的雨 |
[00:57] | Stays main in the plain. | 一直都在 平原上 |
[01:02] | Again. | 重复 |
[01:04] | The… rain… | 雨啊 |
[01:07] | in… spain… | 在西班牙 |
[01:11] | Stays… mainly in the… plain? | 总是在平原徘徊 |
[01:17] | Well, I’m a straight-“a” student, I am. | 我还只是个学生 这就是我 |
[01:21] | The rain in… spain… | 西班牙的雨 |
[01:24] | The rain in spain | 西班牙的雨 |
[01:26] | Stays mainly in the plain. | 总是在平原上徘徊 |
[01:29] | By george, I think she’s got it. | 乔治写的 我估计她已经知道了 |
[01:31] | I do? | 说我吗 |
[01:34] | No. She does. | 不是 我是说她 |
[01:50] | Rise and shine, early birds. | 早起鸟儿 青春绚丽 |
[01:52] | Gossip girl here. | 八卦天后在此 |
[01:55] | We all have dreams– some good, some bad, | 我们都有梦想– 一些好的 一些不好的 |
[01:59] | Some fun and freudian… | 一些是快乐的 一些不快乐的 |
[02:01] | Morning, miss blair. | 早安 布莱尔小姐 |
[02:03] | And some are the dreams | 还有一些是 |
[02:04] | we’ve had our whole lives. | 我们一生的梦想 |
[02:06] | Dorota, can you believe | 多洛塔 真不敢相信 |
[02:08] | that in just three short hours, | 三个小时后 |
[02:09] | I’ll be stepping through the gates of yale? | 我就将踏入耶鲁校门 |
[02:11] | You used to sleep in your father’s sweatshirt | 你习惯睡在你爸的羊毛衫上 |
[02:13] | every night until it fell apart. | 每晚都是一直到它滑落在地上 |
[02:15] | I’ll get a new one, | 我去拿件新的 |
[02:16] | Right after I attend | 过会儿我要去 |
[02:17] | the dean of admissions’ private reception, | 系里的私人接待处 |
[02:19] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[02:19] | Most candidates think it’s an urban legend, | 大多数竞选者认为这是都市传奇 |
[02:21] | but daddy was invited when he visited. | 但是老爸是在在他访问时被邀请的 |
[02:23] | Your mother already left for work, | 你妈已经去工作了 |
[02:24] | but she was very specific about your breakfast. | 但她还是非常关心你的早餐 |
[02:27] | Some kombucha, miss blair? | 来点甜点 布莱尔小姐 |
[02:29] | Since the dean handpicks the guests | 自从系里开始挑剔访客 |
[02:30] | right after their interviews, I’m a shoo-in. | 他们刚面试完我 我就被选中了 |
[02:33] | If there’s one thing I know, | 如果有什么我知道的话 |
[02:34] | It’shtt I give good interview. | 我面试的表现应该不错 |
[02:36] | I could make larry king cry. | 我会让拉瑞·金抓狂的 |
[02:41] | I am so proud of you. | 你是我的骄傲 |
[02:44] | And I’m so ready to be surrounded by people | 我准备好了迎接我的人们 |
[02:47] | more like me and less like… | 喜欢我的和讨厌… |
[02:50] | her. | 她的 |
[02:52] | Oh, you’ve got to be kidding me. | 噢 你一定和我开玩笑呢吧 |
[02:57] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[02:58] | Oh, yeah. um, I’m all packed up. | 我都已经收拾好了 |
[03:01] | You excited, me at your alma mater? | 你激动了哦 我也去你的母校 |
[03:03] | So I guess that means you turned down this, | 我想这就表示你拒绝 |
[03:04] | Uh, personal invitation toour yale? | 耶鲁大学发给你的个人邀请吧 |
[03:06] | Brown’s always been my plan, | 布朗大学就是我的选择 |
[03:08] | just like it was for you. | 就像以前的你 |
[03:09] | And I loved it there, | 我喜欢那儿 |
[03:10] | but if yale had invited me, | 但如果耶鲁邀请我 |
[03:12] | I would have said yes. | 我会答应的 |
[03:14] | The, uh, invitation is handwritten, | 那个 邀请信是手写的 |
[03:16] | serena, in cursive. | 瑟琳娜 还是草体 |
[03:19] | Yale is for overachieving bookworms | 耶鲁是那些爱学习的书虫们的圣地 |
[03:21] | and preppies– | 还有那些预科的学生 |
[03:22] | the blairs of the world. | 世界上像布莱尔这样的 |
[03:24] | Even though the two of us | 即使我们俩现在 |
[03:25] | aren’t exactly on speaking terms, | 只是泛泛之交 |
[03:26] | there’s no way I would step on that particular land mine. | 我也不应该碰到 这个特殊的雷区 |
[03:29] | Miss serena and you are still not speaking? | 瑟琳娜小姐还没和你谈话 |
[03:31] | Not a word in a week, | 一周没说话了 |
[03:33] | Though I can’t seem to escape her. | 我又没有躲避她 |
[03:34] | Ever since my mother’s show, | 从我母亲的时装会发布到现在 |
[03:36] | Manhattan has turned into serenaville. | 曼哈顿变成了瑟琳娜村 |
[03:37] | I heard marc jacobs named a purse after her. | 我听说MJ在她之后发布了一款新的钱包 |
[03:44] | Well, I simply don’t understand the fascination. | 我不太懂这有什么令人着迷的 |
[03:48] | Fortunately, yale is out of her reach. | 幸运的是 耶鲁不在她的势力范围内 |
[03:51] | It’s okay, serena. | 没关系 瑟琳娜 |
[03:52] | You don’t have to hide the photo. | 你不用把那张照片藏起来 |
[03:53] | I’ve seen it. | 我已经看过了 |
[03:54] | I’m sorry they called you my unidentified friend. | 别人可都说你是我的密友 |
[03:57] | Well, I guess it’s better than “mother.” | 我猜这个比作你母亲强 |
[03:59] | What’s in the bag? | 包里是什么 |
[03:59] | It’s my dress for the fall dinner at the frick. | 这是我为晚宴准备的裙子 |
[04:01] | Eleanor sent them over. | 埃莉诺把他们送过来的 |
[04:03] | I don’t know why there’s two. | 不知道为什么这儿有两条 |
[04:06] | This one’s a little edgier than I thought, | 这衣服比我想的要大些 |
[04:07] | But I like it. | 但我喜欢 |
[04:09] | Apparently it’s for me. | 很明显是给我准备的 |
[04:14] | Oh, this must be mine. | 这肯定是我的 |
[04:17] | It is a really nice color, though. | 不过这颜色倒是真漂亮 |
[04:19] | Dad, what do you think of this color? | 老爸 你觉得这颜色怎样 |
[04:20] | Of the paper? it’s white. | 这张纸 白色啊 |
[04:22] | No, no, no. it’s not white. it’s soft ecru. | 不是 这不是白的 是浅米色 |
[04:23] | this is–that’s white. | 这是 白色 |
[04:25] | I like the ecru myself, | 我喜欢浅米色 |
[04:26] | But I’m not sure about the font. | 但我不确定用这种字体怎么样 |
[04:27] | Don’t worry.You’ll be fine. | 别担心 没事的 |
[04:29] | More than fine. you’re the perfect yale candidate. | 不止是好 你可能是耶鲁的最佳候选新生 |
[04:30] | Maybe, but i-i can’t help thinking | 或许 但我不知道 |
[04:31] | that yale is for presidents, not humphreys. | 耶鲁是总统们的摇篮 不是汉弗瑞们 |
[04:34] | As the man who cursed you with the humphrey moniker… | 那个男的给你起了汉弗瑞这么个外号 |
[04:35] | I didn’t say “cursed.” “cursed” would be cruel. | 我不是说诅咒 说诅咒也太恐怖了一点 |
[04:37] | I now feel compelled to give a speech. | 我现在感觉需要准备一次演讲 |
[04:39] | Daniel, my son, you have near perfect grades, | 丹尼尔 我的儿子 你有几乎完美的成绩 |
[04:41] | Excellent s.a.t.s, | 优秀的分数 |
[04:42] | -More talent than money could ever buy. -Yeah, but… | -金钱无法买到的天赋 -但是 |
[04:44] | After that, you find a “but”? | 刚夸完你就说但是 |
[04:47] | What if it’s not enough? | 如果那还不够呢 |
[04:48] | If that’s not enough, | 如果这还不够 |
[04:49] | Then there’s something wrong with yale, not you. | 那肯定就是耶鲁的问题 而不是你 |
[04:51] | Thanks, dad. all right, well, I’m–i’m off. | 多谢老爸 我该走了 |
[04:55] | It’s just me, the best english department in america | 就我一个 去美国最好的英语系 |
[04:57] | and a hundred other highly competitive | 还有其他一百名厉害的竞争者 |
[04:59] | extremely nervous, wannabe yalies. | 超级紧张 真想成为耶鲁大学的学生 |
[05:01] | Get excited, archibald. | 开始兴奋吧 阿齐布尔德 |
[05:03] | We are three hours away from horny | 我们还有三个小时就要到那个 |
[05:05] | women’s studies majors wanting to work out | 充满性饥渴的女生系了 |
[05:07] | all their anger towards men | 她们正在她们的双层床上等着对男人们 |
[05:10] | in their bunk beds. | 发泄她们的愤怒 |
[05:11] | My heart’s still set on u.s.c. | 我还是想上南加州大学 |
[05:13] | I-i just wish my mom wouldn’t push yale so hard. | 我只希望我妈不要老让我上耶鲁 |
[05:15] | I think she’s only pushing it cause | 我估计她已经开始了 |
[05:16] | the vanderbilt side of her family practically owns it. | 因为她们范德尔比特家族对它有拥有权 |
[05:19] | Think of it this way. yale is your safety school. | 想想看 耶鲁是你的安全之地 |
[05:22] | I mean, I guess I could get away | 我是说 我想我可以离开 |
[05:24] | from all the drama on the other side of my family. | 我家那些的戏剧般的生活 |
[05:26] | and go someplace where they don’t know me or the captain. | 去一个没人知道 我或监视我的地方 |
[05:28] | We blow off the formal visit crap | 我们把正式访问搞砸 |
[05:30] | and focus on what really matters– | 集中精力解决问题吧 |
[05:32] | Creating your own freshman 15. | 创造你自己的新生15号 |
[05:34] | Are you not seriously considering going to yale either? | 你不是真这么想去耶鲁吧 |
[05:36] | I’m, uh,evaluating colleges based on secret societies. | 我是在考虑它里面的秘密组织 |
[05:41] | Yale has the crame de la crame, the skull and bones. | 耶鲁最出名的 骷髅会啊 |
[05:43] | My goal is to get inside their inner sanctum. | 我的目标就是打入他们的密室 |
[05:46] | And how exactly are you planning to do that? | 可你打算怎么做呢 |
[05:49] | By showing up. | 只要去走走就行了 |
[05:51] | This weekend concludes college visits. | 本周末有个校园参观 |
[05:53] | The schools you will be visiting harvard, | 你们将参观的学校有 哈佛 |
[05:55] | yale and brown are among the best in the world. | 耶鲁和布朗 都是世界上顶尖的大学 |
[05:58] | You are ambassadors | 你们都是 |
[06:00] | of constance billard and st. jude’s, | 康氏坦兹胡学院和圣朱迪学院的代表 |
[06:02] | As well as your own families. | 和你们的家庭一样出色 |
[06:03] | We urge you to present yourselves | 我们提倡你们尽量地 |
[06:06] | in the best possible light. Good luck. | 展现自己 祝你们好运 |
[06:08] | I wonder what lucky school | 我想知道哪一所学校会这么幸运地 |
[06:10] | will be the subject of the next nursery rhyme | 成为下一个童话里的主角 |
[06:12] | penned by brooklyn’s lamest fiction writer? | 让布鲁克林的蹩脚幻想小说家写出来吗 |
[06:15] | Actually, chuck, I think the dean of admissions at yale | 实际上 查克 我认为耶鲁管理学院的主任 |
[06:17] | will actually appreciate my ability to write about, | 会很欣赏我写一个 |
[06:18] | uh, damaged characters. | 人格分裂的家伙的 |
[06:20] | Looks like we’ll be spending the weekend together. | 看来我们周末要碰头了 |
[06:22] | How nice. | 不错 |
[06:24] | Say hello to the characters | 替我向地铁里的 |
[06:25] | on public transportation for me. | 演员们问好 |
[06:28] | Hi, so you’re off to yale? | 嗨 你要去耶鲁了吗 |
[06:31] | Your deductive reasoning skills are | 你的逻辑推论技巧 |
[06:33] | perfect for a place like brown. | 跟布朗这样的学校真相称 |
[06:34] | A place like brown? | 像布朗一样的学校 |
[06:35] | An enclave of trust afarians and children | 一块被名人的孩子占领的土地 |
[06:38] | of celebrities who major in drum circles and | 他们还是敲鼓艺术专业 |
[06:41] | semiotics, whatever that is. | 或者是符号学 管它呢 |
[06:43] | I can’t wait for you to come home next thanksgiving | 我不能等你下周感恩节才回来 |
[06:45] | a militant veganista, anemic and proud. | 激进的素食主义者 贫血而又骄傲 |
[06:48] | Brown is an ivy league school. | 布朗是常春藤联盟的学校 |
[06:50] | Everyone knows that the only real ivies | 大家都知道真正的常春藤分校 |
[06:52] | are the holy trinity– harvard, yale and princeton. | 是三位一体 哈佛 耶鲁和普林斯顿 |
[06:56] | I know you may find this hard to believe, | 我知道你觉得这有点难以置信 |
[06:58] | But not everyone wants to go to yale | 但是不是所有人都想去耶鲁 |
[06:59] | Because not everyone wants to be blair waldorf. | 因为并非所有人都想变成布莱尔 沃道夫 |
[07:02] | Not everyone can be. | 不是每个人都可以变的吧 |
[07:04] | Since we’re not friends anymore, | 我们反正不是朋友了 |
[07:05] | Let me speak frankly. | 让我直说吧 |
[07:07] | You’re not that smart. | 你没那么聪明 |
[07:08] | You lack focus and discipline. | 你缺少注意力和纪律性 |
[07:10] | Charm is all well and good, | 气质还算不错 |
[07:12] | But in the real world, knowledge is power. | 但这个世界里 知识才是力量 |
[07:14] | You wouldn’t make it past the | 你不会通过耶鲁的 |
[07:15] | first round of admissions at yale, | 第一轮面试的 |
[07:16] | No matter how hard you tried. | 不管你如何努力 |
[07:18] | Have fun in providence. | 开心点吧 |
[07:20] | Oh, and, you know, maybe you can get your hair | 对了 你知道么 也许你来这里 |
[07:22] | dreadlocked while you’re there. | 要把你的长头发扎起来 |
[07:25] | Gossip girl’s hardly a war buff, but I did cram | 八卦天后是很难变成好战狂的 但我却 |
[07:28] | for a quiz or two on the american revolution. | 为了一两次考试去记美国的革命 |
[07:30] | The last time new haven was invaded was in 1779. | 最后一次入侵纽黑文是在1779年 |
[07:35] | Hey, mom. change of plans. | 嘿 老妈 计划有变 |
[07:37] | Tell the driver we’re going to yale. | 告诉司机我们要去耶鲁 |
[07:39] | Heads up, B. | B 投降吧 |
[07:41] | There’s a cannonball coming your way. | 有枚炮弹正冲你迎面而来哦 |
[07:58] | Oh, after that shower, | 你洗完澡后 |
[07:59] | There won’t be any hot water left in the building. | 楼里估计都没热水了 |
[08:00] | I wasn’t in the shower the whole time. | 我早洗完了 |
[08:01] | I was waiting for something. | 我等人呢 |
[08:03] | -I got here as fast as I could. -I know. i, uh, | -我尽可能快地赶来了 -我知道 |
[08:06] | Saw you running up the block from my window. | 从窗外看见你跑过街口 |
[08:07] | What’s going on here? | 你们俩有什么事吗 |
[08:09] | Did you know that vanessa’s applying | 您知道瓦内萨申请 |
[08:10] | For n.y.u. next fall? | 明年秋季纽约大学的入学吧 |
[08:11] | Something you wouldn’t be able to do | 没读完高中 |
[08:13] | Without finishing high school. | 你可没能力这么做 |
[08:14] | Which she’s doing by homeschooling. | 可她靠自学也行啊 |
[08:16] | Which she has to do because | 她得养活自己 |
[08:17] | she has to work to support herself. | 所以这是迫不得已的 |
[08:18] | Living as an adult when you’re a teenager | 还未成年就担起成年人的重任 |
[08:20] | is not something any parent wants for their child. | 这样的情况没有哪个父母是愿意有的 |
[08:22] | Well, what about what I want for me? | 可这是我的想法 |
[08:23] | Well, until you’re 18, | 在你未满18岁时 |
[08:24] | What you want gets trumped by what I want. | 你想做什么都得先过我这关 |
[08:28] | Plan “b.” | B计划 |
[08:33] | -Come to the atelier with me today. -Come with you? | -今天和我一起去工作室吧 -和你去 |
[08:35] | I’ll make you a deal. | 我们来定个协议 |
[08:36] | Spend the day with me, and by the end of the day, | 和我一起过一天 在这天结束后 |
[08:38] | If you honestly think that I should go back | 如果你还认为周一我该回 |
[08:39] | to constance on monday, I will. | 康斯坦斯 我会的 |
[08:40] | Jenny, I’ve seen all your designs, | 珍妮 我看过你所有的设计 |
[08:42] | Heard about your internship all summer long. | 听过你整个夏天的实习情况 |
[08:45] | What more is there? | 还有什么呢 |
[08:46] | Well, things areififfent now. | 一切今非昔比了 |
[08:52] | Well, at least we’ll be moving forward | 好吧 不管怎样我们 |
[08:54] | in one way or another. | 都已取得进展了 |
[08:56] | -It’s a deal. -You mean it? | -说定了 -真的吗 |
[08:57] | -Have my word. -Thank you! | -说话算数 -谢谢你 |
[09:00] | We hear there’s nothing like yale in october– | 据说十月份的耶鲁是与众不同的 |
[09:04] | the crisp air, the turning leaves, | 空气清新 树叶泛黄 |
[09:06] | the invasion of prospective freshmen. | 未来的新生们大举入侵 |
[09:08] | Better hurry up, lonely boy. your future’s waiting. | 抓紧啦 寂寞男孩 未来的大门向你敞开 |
[09:12] | To summarize, | 要总结的话 |
[09:13] | I-i really feel that I have something to say. | 我觉得我有很多得说 |
[09:17] | Well, by all means, say it. | 当然 说吧 |
[09:18] | Via my writing. | 通过我的写作 |
[09:19] | Uh, with–with its world-class english department, | 我想拥有世界一流的英语系的 |
[09:21] | Yale would be the ideal place for me to grow | 耶鲁对我来说是最理想的成长地 |
[09:24] | As a–as a writer, to–to flourish | 让我能成为一个作家 蓬勃地 |
[09:26] | And, uh, thrive. | 茁壮地成长 |
[09:28] | Kudos to you and your inner thesaurus, mr. humphrey, | 汉弗瑞先生 我很欣赏你的才华 |
[09:31] | But there’s a problem with your application. | 但你的申请表上有点问题 |
[09:33] | A-a-a pr–no, there’s um, | 问… 不 没有吧 |
[09:35] | I double–i triple-checked it. | 我检查了两…三次的 |
[09:36] | It seems you only have one letter | 看上去你好像只有一封 |
[09:37] | of recommendation from j.l. hall. | 来自J.L.霍尔的推荐信 |
[09:40] | Noah shapiro declined to write on your behalf. | 诺亚·夏皮诺拒绝为你写推荐信 |
[09:43] | Um, mr. shapiro and I had creative differences, | 夏皮诺先生和我在创作上意见不合 |
[09:46] | But–but if you look further down my application, | 但是你再往下看我的申请表 |
[09:48] | you’ll see that I spent the summer | 你会看到整个夏天 |
[09:49] | interning with jeremiah harris. | 我都在耶利米·哈里斯那实习 |
[09:50] | A fact which mr. harris | 关于这事哈里斯先生 |
[09:51] | has not been able to confirm himself. | 还无法亲自证实 |
[09:55] | Oh, um, did you–did you call him early in the morning? | 你…你在大早上给他打电话的吗 |
[09:58] | Cause he’s not– he’s not a-a morning person. | 因为他不是…他不是个爱早起的人 |
[10:01] | I mean, he’s not an afternoon person either. | 我是说 他下午时也不会精力旺盛 |
[10:02] | -If you try, like, after 7:00 | 如果要给他打电话 在7点以后 |
[10:03] | -Mr. humphrey, if you want your application to stand out, | 汉弗瑞先生 如果你想让你的申请更显著些 |
[10:07] | You need another letter, one about your work. | 你还需要一封关于你的作品的推荐信 |
[10:11] | Another letter from whom and how? | 谁的信 怎么得到呢 |
[10:14] | This is yale. | 这里是耶鲁 |
[10:15] | If you haven’t noticed, | 也许你还没注意到 |
[10:16] | we traffic in brick buildings full of professors. | 我们的教学楼里有的是教授 |
[10:19] | I suggest you put on your walking shoes, | 我建议你换上旅游鞋 |
[10:22] | head to the english department | 前往英语系 |
[10:23] | and find someone to read your work. | 请某人来阅读你的作品 |
[10:27] | I thought we were gonna do something. | 我还以为我们能大干一场 |
[10:29] | What happened to your master plan, | 你那寻找骷髅会 |
[10:30] | finding the skull and bones? | 的总体规划呢 |
[10:34] | You don’t find them. | 你不用去找他们 |
[10:36] | They find you. | 他们会找你的 |
[10:37] | Hmm. that’s good. | 听起来不错 |
[10:39] | So we’ll just sit here and wait. | 那我们只要坐在这里等吗 |
[10:42] | I mean, there’s a football game at 1:00 | 我说 1点有个橄榄球赛 |
[10:44] | or a tour of the university art gallery at 3:00. | 3点还能去参观大学美术馆 |
[11:00] | Good luck sitting on your ass. | 你坐着吧 祝你好运 |
[11:04] | Hey. excuse me. can I ask you a question? | 打扰了 我能问你个问题吗 |
[11:16] | what the hell? come on, get him! | -怎么回事 -上啊 抓住他 |
[11:31] | Oh, my. the dean hasn’t laughed like that in years. | 天啊 有几年没见院长这么笑过了 |
[11:34] | It was an utter delight to meet you, | 见到你真是让人高兴 |
[11:36] | Miss van der woodsen. | 范德·伍德森小姐 |
[11:37] | What a lovely surprise. | 多让人惊喜啊 |
[11:38] | Oh, and who doesn’t like a surprise? | 谁不喜欢惊喜呢 |
[11:40] | I do hope you enjoy the rest of your visit. | 希望你喜欢接下来的参观 |
[11:42] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[11:45] | Looks like he’s ready for you. | 看起来他准备好面试你了 |
[11:47] | Shall we, miss waldorf? | 霍道夫小姐 可以吗 |
[11:53] | I’ve never been more prepared. | 我已是胸有成竹了 |
[12:03] | So whatever major you decide on, | 无论你修什么专业 |
[12:05] | You can mix up with electives. | 你都会被选修课搞混 |
[12:07] | -Yale’s are better than most. -Oh, really? | -耶鲁要比大部分学校好 -真的吗 |
[12:08] | -Mm-hmm. -Well, what’s your favorite? | -恩哼 -你最喜欢的是什么呢 |
[12:10] | It’s a toss-up between the role of sex in art | 还在 艺术中性的角色问题和 |
[12:13] | And great hoaxes in archaeology. | 考古学里巧妙的恶作剧这两个里抉择 |
[12:16] | -Those are seriously classes? -Mm-hmm. | -这些真的是课程吗 -恩哼 |
[12:18] | what school are you here from? | 你从哪所学校来的 |
[12:21] | St. jude’s in new york. | 纽约圣朱迪 |
[12:22] | St. jude’s? then you must know, uh, nate archibald. | 圣朱迪 那你一定知道内特·阿齐布尔德吧 |
[12:25] | I heard he’s on campus this weekend. | 我听说这周他也来这里 |
[12:27] | Why does that name sound familiar? | 这名字听起来怎么这么熟 |
[12:28] | He’s the son of howard “the captain” archibald. | 他就是那霍华德·阿齐布尔德上校的儿子 |
[12:30] | We’ve been talking about him in econ. | 经济学课上谈过他的 |
[12:32] | the guy’s like a modern milken. oh. | 这家伙就像现代的麦尔肯 |
[12:35] | hey, uh, jordan, | 嗨 乔丹 |
[12:36] | Do you want to show me around campus? I’d love to see it. | 你能带我参观校园吗 我好想参观下 |
[12:38] | Sure, but before I go anywhere with a stranger, | 当然 但在我和个陌生人同行前 |
[12:41] | I think maybe you should tell me your name. | 我想也许你该告诉我你叫什么 |
[12:43] | Oh, my name, of course, um, is dan. | 我的名字 当然 我叫丹 |
[12:50] | Dan humphrey. | 丹·汉弗瑞 |
[12:52] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:55] | Chuck bass, heir to bass industries, | 恰克·拜斯 拜斯企业的继承人 |
[12:58] | champion of the legendary lost weekend. | 传说中的失落的周末的冠军 |
[13:00] | Rumor has it you’ve slept with more “maxim” | 谣言说你睡过的格言封面女郎 |
[13:02] | Covers than john mayer. | 比约翰·梅尔还多 |
[13:03] | And bett, I might add. | 我得说还有贝特 |
[13:05] | If our intel’s correct, | 如果网上的数据没错 |
[13:06] | You’re our prime candidate from next year’s class, | 你将是我们下一届班级的首要候选人 |
[13:08] | But we don’t take anything on hearsay. | 但我们不听信传闻 |
[13:10] | We need to know firsthand | 我们听信第一手资料 |
[13:11] | if you’re as good as your advertising. | 只要你真和你的广告词一样好 |
[13:15] | Well, I come prepared. | 好吧 我是有备而来的 |
[13:19] | How about a little private party to kick things off? | 来个闲言少叙的私人聚会如何 |
[13:23] | What do you have in mind? | 你想说什么 |
[13:26] | I have to say,your application is | 我得说你的申请表 |
[13:29] | Most impressive, miss waldorf. | 非常出色 霍道夫小姐 |
[13:31] | There’s just one thing I’d like to know. | 我只想知道一件事 |
[13:35] | Tell me something about you that isn’t in that packet. | 给我讲讲除此之外的你吧 |
[13:38] | Oh. not in there? | 除此之外的? |
[13:41] | Do you like to drive race cars? | 你喜欢开赛车吗 |
[13:43] | Can you cook authentic szechuan? | 你会做正宗的川菜吗 |
[13:45] | The young lady before you told me a delightful story. | 在你之前的年轻女士给我讲了有趣的事 |
[13:50] | She was recently in a fashion show just for fun. | 她最近因为好玩还参加了走秀 |
[13:57] | I know I must seem rather traditional | 我知道和那位年轻女士相比 |
[14:01] | Compared to that young lady, | 我思想显得很传统 |
[14:02] | But isn’t tradition what yale is all about? | 但耶鲁不正是传统的体现吗 |
[14:05] | Well, yes, but we’ve been trying to change that image. | 是啊 没错 但我们正努力改变这一形象 |
[14:08] | Too stuffy. | 太沉闷了 |
[14:10] | so? | 那么 |
[14:15] | Well | 好吧 |
[14:16] | I’m aware I lack some people’s | 我意识到我缺乏某些人 |
[14:20] | Easy grace with strangers, | 在陌生人前从容的优雅 |
[14:22] | And I don’t exactly make you feel | 我也不能让你对我有 |
[14:24] | like you’ve known me forever even though we just met. | 一见如故的感觉即使我们才刚认识 |
[14:28] | when I laugh, | 我大笑的时候 |
[14:30] | You might not smile | 你也许都不会 |
[14:31] | Just at the coquettish sound of it. | 因为那动人的声音而微笑 |
[14:34] | And I may not be “spontaneous” or | 我也许不是什么美丽女子 |
[14:36] | “delightful” or “full of surprises,” | 不会讨人喜欢 也不会充满惊喜 |
[14:38] | and my hair might not sparkle | 我的头发在光照下 |
[14:39] | When it catches the light… | 也不会闪耀光泽 |
[14:44] | Everything worth knowing about me is in that folder. | 所有我值得了解的事情都在那文件夹里 |
[14:49] | I made sure of it. | 我确定 |
[14:53] | Well, isn’t there anything else you’d like to ask me? | 你还有什么想问我的吗 |
[14:55] | Maybe about what my plans are for tonight? | 比如说我今晚有什么计划 |
[14:57] | Uh, there’s so much to do on campus. | 这个校园是丰富多彩的 |
[15:00] | I’m sure you’ll find something. | 我保证你会找到你喜欢的 |
[15:02] | It was so nice to meet you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[15:11] | right. | 是啊 |
[15:12] | Uh, good luck then. | 祝你好运 |
[15:16] | oh, god. | 上帝啊 |
[15:18] | Great hoaxes in archaeology | 考古学里巧妙的恶作剧 |
[15:19] | is that even a class? | 这真的是门课程吗 |
[15:21] | What are you doing, serena? | 瑟琳娜 你到底在干什么 |
[15:23] | Oh, these lovely people | 这些可爱的人们 |
[15:24] | were just showing me the course catalog. | 正给我看课程目录呢 |
[15:25] | No, here. Yale. Yale is mine. | 不 在这里 在耶鲁 耶鲁是我的 |
[15:31] | Well, I’ll admit, I came to punish you | 我要承认 我是来惩罚你的 |
[15:33] | for the things you said to me this morning. | 因为你早上和我说的那些事情 |
[15:35] | Fine. consider me punished. you can go home now. | 很好 就当我受惩罚了 你可以回家了 |
[15:38] | I actually like it here. | 我真的喜欢这里 |
[15:40] | The campus is beautiful, the people are so nice, | 如此美丽的校园 这里人也很好 |
[15:43] | And do you know how great the drama school is? | 你知道这里的戏剧学院有多棒吗 |
[15:45] | Of course I do. | 当然 |
[15:47] | It’s world-renowned. | 这可是举世闻名的 |
[15:48] | The dean made me realize | 院长让我意识到 |
[15:49] | That by being so set on brown, | 按照布朗学院的情况来看 |
[15:51] | I closed myself off to all other options. | 我已经没有了其他的选择 |
[15:54] | Well, that’s a lovely epiphany. | 你的顿悟可真感人 |
[15:56] | I’m afraid it’s irrelevant. | 但恐怕跟这个没关系吧 |
[15:57] | it’s not as if you’d actually get in here. | 又不是说你真的会被录取 |
[16:00] | hello? | 你好 |
[16:04] | An intimate gathering at the dean’s house tonight? | 今晚在院长家有个私人聚会吧 |
[16:07] | I’d be honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[16:09] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:11] | You were invited to my gathering. | 你被邀请到本该是我的聚会里来了 |
[16:13] | You might want to make other plans. | 你是不是想做其他的打算啦 |
[16:15] | She said I was her last call. | 她说我是最后一个邀请去的 |
[16:23] | Of all the things | 所有的这些 |
[16:25] | Nate… | 内特 |
[16:27] | My mom… | 我妈妈 |
[16:28] | The girls at school | 学校的女生们 |
[16:31] | You wouldn’t take this from me… | 你不能把这些从我这儿夺去 |
[16:36] | Because if you do, I swear I will take you down. | 如果你敢这样做 我发誓我要搞倒你 |
[16:39] | I’m not taking anything from you, blair. | 我没有夺去你任何东西 布莱尔 |
[16:41] | I was invited. And as for taking me down, | 我是被邀请 既然想搞倒我 |
[16:44] | I’d love to see you try. | 我倒想瞧瞧 |
[16:46] | When it comes to war, | 当战争到来时 |
[16:48] | the rule is never retreat, never surrender. | 规则就是永不退却 用不投降 |
[16:51] | But whoever said that never met the new serena. | 无论是谁那样说了都见不到新女王瑟琳娜了 |
[17:02] | Spotted–little jenny humphrey | 现场播报 小珍妮·汉弗瑞 |
[17:05] | Off her high horse | 由于她的高傲 |
[17:06] | and in high demand. | 和高要求 |
[17:09] | Did you look at the resort samples? | 你看了那些假日款式的衣样没有 |
[17:10] | Eleanor wants your opinion. | 埃莉诺想听听你的想法 |
[17:11] | Oh, no, I i dn’t, but I’ll do that right now. | 还没 但我马上就去 |
[17:14] | And we got in the chambray you like. | 我们有你要的格子布料 |
[17:22] | I didn’t realize it was bring your father to work day. | 我没想到还带你爸爸来工作了 |
[17:24] | Yes, well, it was jenny’s idea | 是的 这是珍妮的主意 |
[17:26] | to show me why this is so important to her. | 她想给我看看为什么这工作对她如此的重要 |
[17:27] | Uh-huh.do you have a moment? just. | -有空么 -正好有 |
[17:29] | I gave jenny my word about | 我今早答应了珍妮 |
[17:31] | something this morning, but | 一些事情 但是 |
[17:33] | I’m not sure if I can keep it. I need your help. | 但我不能确定能做到 所以我请你帮帮忙 |
[17:35] | What can I do for you? | 我能做些什么呢 |
[17:39] | Fire her. | 炒掉她 |
[17:41] | I will do no such thing. | 我肯定不会这么做的 |
[17:43] | Fashion is a young person’s career, | 时尚正是年轻人的职业 |
[17:45] | and this is jenny’s moment. | 而且就是在珍妮这个年龄 |
[17:46] | She’s only 15 years old. | 她才15岁大 |
[17:47] | The opportunity can wait till she’s ready. | 她真的准备好会有机会的 |
[17:49] | Do you remember the dreams you had | 汉弗瑞先生你记得 |
[17:52] | when you were 15, mr. humphrey? | 你在15岁的梦想吗 |
[17:54] | What if they all started to come true? | 当梦想真的都将实现的时候 |
[17:56] | Would you have told them to wait? | 你会叫他们等等么 |
[18:00] | Just make sure they’re up for anything. | 无论如何保证他们能出现 |
[18:03] | This crowd can get particular. | 这群人会显得很特别 |
[18:10] | Well, I know you’re not a geography whiz, | 我知道你不是个地理学家 |
[18:12] | but you aware that providence is in rhode island? | 但你应该意识到天意是让你留在罗德岛的 |
[18:14] | I don’t have time to explain. | 我没有时间跟你解释 |
[18:15] | I’ve been invited to the dean’s house tonight. | 我今晚被邀请去院长的家里 |
[18:17] | -I have to get ready. -The dean’s house? | -我得去准备下 -院长家里? |
[18:19] | Nice. what’s your answer to his question? | 不错啊 你是怎么回答他的问题的 |
[18:22] | -Yes? -No, no, no. | -什么? -不 不 不 |
[18:23] | “What person, real or imagined, living or dead, | 你最想跟什么人吃饭 |
[18:27] | would you most like to have dinner with?” | 真实的虚幻的 活的还是死的? |
[18:28] | The rumor is, | 有传言 |
[18:29] | If your answer impresses the dean enough, | 如果你的答案能让院长有很深的印象 |
[18:31] | It’s gets you on the short list for early admission, | 就会让你的名字在最早的接受函上了 |
[18:34] | Or so says blair. | 对布莱尔也是一样 |
[18:35] | Oh, I should have given my spot to her. | 我应该给她一点提示的 |
[18:39] | You got invited, and she didn’t? | 你被邀请了 她却没有? |
[18:42] | You’re lucky to be alive. | 你应该庆幸你还活着 |
[18:43] | Yeah, well, I won’t be much longer | 唉 不会很长久的 |
[18:45] | If I don’t find an answer fast. | 如果我不赶紧找到答案的话 |
[18:46] | Steal blair’s. | 用布莱尔的 |
[18:47] | She has no use for it anymore. | 对她又没有用了 |
[18:49] | No, no, I can’t, no matter how good it is. | 我不能这样 不管答案有多好 |
[18:52] | George sand. | 乔治·桑德 |
[18:53] | I did not want to know that. | 我不想听 |
[18:54] | And how do you even know that? | 你是怎么知道的? |
[18:56] | Wait. why does blair want to go to dinner | 为什么布莱尔想跟一个叫乔治的人 |
[18:58] | with some guy named george? | 一起吃饭? |
[18:59] | A hot girl named george. She dressed like a man | 一个叫乔治的辣妹 她穿的像男人 |
[19:01] | And apparently is the dean’s favorite writer. | 似乎还是院长最喜欢的作家 |
[19:05] | And I know this because talking with blair about | 因为我跟布莱尔谈到过 |
[19:07] | how she’s going to get into yale gets her really– | 她怎么去耶鲁 所以我知道 |
[19:10] | Chuck, no. | 恰克 不 |
[19:11] | You just told me two things I never wanted to hear, | 你刚告诉我了两件事情我很不想听到的 |
[19:13] | And one is gonna haunt me for the rest of my life. | 其中一个还会一辈子缠着我的 |
[19:24] | Okay, before we go any further… | 在我们上垒之前 |
[19:28] | I have to know something. tell me the truth. | 我想知道一些事情 告诉我实话 |
[19:32] | As a writer, what do you think of Marquez? | 作为一个作家 你怎么看马奎兹 |
[19:35] | Marquez um, that’s a tough one. | 马奎兹 很难说 |
[19:40] | Okay, you’re right. it’s too broad. | 你说的对 是太宽泛了 |
[19:41] | Let’s just talk “cholera.” | 那我们说说霍乱时期的爱情吧 |
[19:47] | Very painful. | 很痛苦 |
[19:49] | Um, no, I’m not kidding. | 我没有开玩笑 |
[19:51] | I tried to read it, and I couldn’t get through it. | 我试着去读这书 但是我没看完 |
[19:53] | It’s ridiculous. | 真是荒谬啊 |
[19:55] | You’re funny… | 你真是搞笑 |
[19:58] | And sweet. | 可爱 |
[20:00] | not like most writers I meet. | 不像我碰到其他作家们 |
[20:04] | hello? | 谁 |
[20:09] | Hi. Jordan steele? | 乔丹·斯蒂尔 |
[20:11] | Do I know you? | 我认识你么 |
[20:12] | No, I was told by the other t.a.s | 不 是其他的读书会的会员告诉我 |
[20:13] | that you work for the chair of the lit department. | 你为文学部的主席工作的 |
[20:15] | Yeah. um, can you come back later, maybe? | 你能晚些时候来 好吗 |
[20:17] | I apologize for hunting you down now, | 我很抱歉这么冒失的找到你 |
[20:18] | But I’m–i’m desperate. | 但是我很急切的 |
[20:20] | I need someone to read my work | 在这周末之前需要有人能 |
[20:22] | and write a letter before the weekend’s out, | 看下我的作品写个推荐信 |
[20:23] | and i-i was, uh, I was hoping you could help me. | 我希望你能帮帮我 |
[20:27] | Nate? | 内特 |
[20:28] | Um, help you what? | 帮你什么 |
[20:29] | Th-that’s, uh, that’s nate archibald. | 那位是内特·阿齐布尔德 |
[20:33] | No, that’s dan humphrey. | 不 那是丹·汉弗瑞 |
[20:37] | N–what? | 内 什么? |
[20:43] | Nate archibald. | 内特·阿齐布尔德 |
[20:44] | Dan humphrey. | 丹·汉弗瑞 |
[20:45] | No, she was really into me,And next thing | 她本来是差点迷上我的 接下来 |
[20:48] | I know she’s throwing a book at my head. | 她用一本书砸向我的头 |
[20:49] | Yeah, faulkner. | 福克纳[美国作家威廉·福克纳] |
[20:50] | It looked like a first edition, | 看来好像还是第一版 |
[20:51] | not that you’d know. | 你不知道这个的 |
[20:52] | No, what I do know | 不 我只知道的是 |
[20:53] | is that you didn’t have to mess it up | 你不应该在那里 |
[20:54] | for me right then and there. | 把事情搞糟 |
[20:55] | Well, what should I have done, | 好 那你说我该干什么 |
[20:56] | Watch you continue to screw up | 看着你为了一个匿名的性爱 |
[20:57] | my last chance at making a connection | 毁掉我最后一个 |
[20:58] | in the lit department for pseudonymous sex? | 跟文学部联系的机会 |
[21:00] | -No, that’s not why I did it. -Is it funny for you? | -不,我可没有那么做 -对你很有意思是吧 |
[21:01] | -Because my future’s not a joke. | 因为我的未来不仅仅是个笑话 |
[21:02] | It’s not just -Let me explain, okay? | 不是这样,请听我解释好吗 |
[21:03] | -Look, nate, | 听着 内特 |
[21:04] | I’m sure that your life is complicated | 我知道你的生活很复杂 |
[21:07] | with–with your family and, um, I don’t know, girls, | 还有你的家庭 还有什么 女伴们 |
[21:10] | but you can’t pretend to be me. | 但你不能假扮我啊 |
[21:12] | Maybe it’s okay to use people like that in your world, | 可能在你的生活圈里很适用 |
[21:14] | but it’s not in mine. | 但在我这不是 |
[21:14] | Do ever get tired of carrying around | 千万别厌倦整天 |
[21:16] | that chip on your shoulder, dan? | 背着书到处跑 |
[21:17] | No wonder serena dumped you. | 难怪瑟琳娜把你给甩了 |
[21:26] | Hello, shirley. | 雪莉 你好啊 |
[21:27] | I wod like an invitation to the private reception | 我想要一个去院长家的 |
[21:29] | at the dean’s house tonight, | 私人邀请函 |
[21:30] | And you’re going to get me one. | 你给我一份吧 |
[21:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:33] | I’m not in charge of the dean’s private affairs. | 我不负责院长的私人事务 |
[21:35] | I have it on good authority that you are, | 我看这个特权你是应该是有的 |
[21:38] | And I need to get back in the good graces of the dean. | 我需要重新获得院长的宠爱 |
[21:40] | Interviews are so stressful for you students. | 面试对学生都很有压力 |
[21:42] | Check your e-mail. | 看看你的电邮 |
[21:52] | 18th century. | 18世纪的 |
[21:54] | Do you know how rare a pair is from that era? | 你知道那个年代的这对猫猫多么的稀有吗 |
[21:57] | I had someone at christie’s put them on hold | 我认识一个在克里斯蒂店里的人保存着 |
[22:00] | Just in case. | 以防万一有人买走 |
[22:04] | 1100 hillhouse avenue. | 希尔豪斯大道1100号 |
[22:08] | Poor s. she should know b.’s rules by now. | 可怜的S 她现在应该知道B的规则了吧 |
[22:11] | When someone leaves you off the list, | 当某人不在名单上时 |
[22:13] | Don’t get mad. get in. | 别生气 加进去就是了 |
[22:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:22] | I’m impressed. | 我很震惊 |
[22:23] | You’re clearly valued here. | 你在这非常有价值 |
[22:25] | You handle yourself very professionally. | 你很有专业专业实力 |
[22:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:29] | But… I think you should go back to school. | 但我还是认为你应该回学校 |
[22:34] | But you just said you were impressed. | 你不是说你很震惊的 |
[22:38] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[22:41] | I’m sorry, sweetheart. | 很抱歉 宝贝 |
[22:43] | I just think school’s too important. | 我就是想学校是非常重要的 |
[22:53] | okay. | 好吧 |
[22:55] | If that’s what you think, that’s what you think. | 那只是你的想法 只是你的想法 |
[22:59] | We made a deal, and I agreed to it, so… | 我们商量好的 我也同意了 |
[23:01] | I have to say, I thought there’d be some yelling. | 我想说 我以为你会大喊大叫的 |
[23:05] | You said you’d give me a day, and you did. | 你说你给我一天 你做到了 |
[23:09] | Can, um, can you at least take me | 你能不能让我在回家前最后把 |
[23:12] | to complete one last errand before we go home? | 最后把这个作品完成 |
[23:14] | Sure. | 好的 |
[23:15] | thanks. | 谢谢了 |
[23:33] | Trying to come up with an answer | 在努力想出院长室内 |
[23:35] | For the dean’s parlor game? | 游戏的答案吧 |
[23:37] | You manipulated your way in here? | 你给自己开了条到这的大路啊 |
[23:39] | I get what I want, serena, | 我要什么就有什么 瑟琳娜 |
[23:40] | Just like I’m gonna win tonight. | 就想我今晚赢定了 |
[23:42] | what’s your answer? | 你的答案是什么 |
[23:43] | Oh, no, let me guess. | 我猜猜吧 |
[23:47] | Lauren conrad. | 劳伦·康拉德 |
[23:49] | Try george sand. | 是乔治·桑德吧 |
[23:53] | -Wait. that’s | 等等 那是 |
[23:53] | -Your answer? not anymore. | 那是你的答案 不再是了 |
[23:55] | If you’re gonna cheat your way in, | 如果你想法作弊进来 |
[23:56] | Then why should I play fair? | 为什么我要玩公平的呢 |
[23:58] | Oh, and I heard that the dean asks his question | 我听说院长问问题 |
[24:00] | in alphabetical order, | 是按字母序的 |
[24:01] | So since “v” comes before “w,” | 所以我名字在你名字前面 |
[24:03] | It looks like the answer is all mine. | 看来这个答案是我的了 |
[24:11] | How kind of you. | 您真是好心啊 |
[24:24] | You gentlemen wanted a chuck bass party. | 你们这些绅士们想要个恰克·拜斯式的聚会 |
[24:26] | Your party has arrived, straight from… | 你们的聚会到了 直接源自于… |
[24:29] | I can’tell you where they’re from actually, | 我不能告诉你们她们从哪来的 |
[24:31] | but they’re the best money can buy. | 但她们是钞票能买到最好的 |
[24:33] | Before you ask, they don’t speak english, | 在你们问之前 告诉你们 她们不讲英语 |
[24:36] | And they don’t care. | 她们也不会在乎 |
[24:38] | By the way, that’s not one for each of you. | 还有 也不是人人都有分 |
[24:42] | They do their best work in threes. | 她们也很擅长集体乱搞 |
[24:45] | Not bad, bass, but you’re not done. | 不错啊 拜斯 但是这还不算完 |
[24:49] | The girls are all right, but they’re just girls. | 这些女人是不错 但是他们只是女人 |
[24:54] | You still need to prove your loyalty. | 你还是要证明你的忠诚 |
[24:57] | We want nate archibald. | 我们想要内特·阿齐布尔德 |
[24:59] | We know you’re tight with him. | 我们知道你们很要好 |
[25:01] | We know he’s on campus. | 他也在校内 |
[25:02] | Archibald’s not worth your time. | 阿齐布尔德不值得你们浪费时间 |
[25:04] | We think he is. | 值得 |
[25:05] | My family lost our compound in newport | 因为他爸爸 我们家失去了 |
[25:07] | Because of his father. | 在纽波特的宅邸 |
[25:08] | Pull him in. take him down. | 引他过来 拿下他 |
[25:11] | You’ve got one hour. | 给你一个小时 |
[25:13] | If you want in, you’ll bring us archibald. | 如果你想加入 就把阿齐布尔德带来见我们 |
[25:18] | Aiment-vous les films du Lelouch? | 你喜欢路许的电影吗 |
[25:20] | Oh, j’adore lelouch. | 噢 我爱路许 |
[25:24] | et toi? | 和你 |
[25:26] | Actually, it’s “vous,” as a sign of respect. | 事实上 得用”您” 表示尊重 |
[25:29] | I’m sure that’s why you don’t know it very well. | 我肯定你不大懂得礼仪 |
[25:32] | -Blair waldorf. | 我是布莱尔·霍道夫 |
[25:33] | -Enchant demoiselle. | 真是迷人的小姑娘 |
[25:34] | You were my father’s favorite teacher. | 你是我父亲最喜欢的老师 |
[25:36] | I’ve been looking for you. | 我一直都在关注你 |
[25:37] | You inspired his expatriation to france. | 是你激发了他去法国的决心 |
[25:40] | I’d love for you to hear about it. shall we? | 我很想听你讲讲 可以吗 |
[25:42] | Oh, oui. | 好的 |
[25:47] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[25:49] | I got tied up. | 我有事要忙 |
[25:50] | Hey, look. You wouldn’t want to leave tonight, | 听着 你不想今晚就走吧 |
[25:51] | Would you? | 不是吗 |
[25:52] | I mean, I think I am completely done with this place. | 我觉得我真的受够这个地方了 |
[25:54] | Did you strike out? | 你被逐出来了 |
[25:55] | More like abruptly thrown out. | 更像是突然被扔出来 |
[25:57] | People here know who I am. | 这里的人都认识我 |
[25:58] | They know all the stuff about my dad. | 他们都知道关于我爸爸的事 |
[26:00] | Plus, there was this whole thing with dan humphrey. | 还有 丹·汉弗瑞 也来缠着我 |
[26:02] | Well, I’d love to say, | 我想说 |
[26:03] | “tell me all about it” and mean it, | 都跟我讲讲吧 说真的 |
[26:05] | But since I can’t, why don’t we just | 但我时间不多 我们就 |
[26:06] | Meet up and get blad? | 见面再说吧 |
[26:07] | Yeah, yeah,okay. | 好的 好的 |
[26:09] | Hey, look. there’s this place off | 听着 校外有个 |
[26:10] | Campus called mike’s bar. | 叫迈克的酒吧 |
[26:11] | I’ll meet you there. | 我们在那儿碰面 |
[26:14] | Stay put. | 不见不散 |
[26:14] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[26:20] | It’s done. let’s go. | 搞定 走吧 |
[26:22] | Although I love henry viii, | 尽管我很喜欢亨利· 凯维尔 |
[26:24] | I prefer sir thomas more. | 但我更喜欢托马斯·莫尔 |
[26:26] | I think it’s great that pope Benedict | 我觉得本尼狄克主教将他封为天主教圣徒 |
[26:27] | canonized him when he did. | 真是太棒了 |
[26:28] | Oh, thank you. don’t you mean pope pius XI? | 谢谢 你是指圣碧岳十一世吗 |
[26:32] | -That’s quite right, miss, uh… | 非常正确 小姐是 |
[26:33] | -Van der woodsen. | 我是范德·伍德森 |
[26:34] | -Van der woodsen, is it? -Hi. | -范德·伍德森 是吗 -嗨 |
[26:35] | Most people don’t know their popes in succession. | 很多人都不知道教皇的排序 |
[26:37] | Oh. | 哦 |
[26:38] | -Excuse me. -Can I borrow you for a minute? | -失陪一下 -借用一会 |
[26:41] | How do you even know that? | 你是怎么知道那些的 |
[26:43] | You slept through history class last year. | 去年的历史课你都在睡觉 |
[26:44] | I love “the tudors.” | 我喜欢看《都铎王朝》 |
[26:45] | henry cavill is a total babe. | 亨利· 凯维尔真是个帅哥 |
[26:48] | You look pretty calm for someone who no longer | 你没有留给系主任很好的印象 |
[26:50] | has the perfect answer to the dean’s question. | 但看起来还是很冷静嘛 |
[26:53] | You don’t think I came all the way here | 你不会以为我来这儿 |
[26:55] | without a backup answer, do you? | 没有二手的准备吧 |
[26:57] | Oh, and it’s a real crowd-pleaser. it’s gonna kill. | 要符合大众口味 不然就得被淘汰 |
[27:00] | Everyone. everyone. | 大家 大家安静一下 |
[27:04] | It’s time for my favorite part of the evening, | 今晚我最喜欢的部分要开始了 |
[27:07] | Which has delightfully become known | 众所周知这一检验环节 |
[27:09] | over the years as probatur. | 多年以来一直被欣然接受 |
[27:11] | That’s latin for “the quiz.” | 那是拉丁语小测验的意思 |
[27:13] | We will begin with mr. applebaum. | 先从艾波鲍姆先生开始 |
[27:33] | And now on to miss… steinberg. | 现在轮到斯坦伯格小姐 |
[27:36] | Your answer is artemis. | 你的答案是阿特米丝 |
[27:39] | Artemis is the goddess of the forests and the hills. | 阿特米丝是森山中的女神 |
[27:42] | As a freegan, I believe in all living things | 作为一个反消费主义者 我相信所有活生物 |
[27:45] | being equal to all people. | 跟人类都是相等的 |
[27:47] | I’m so glad they did this alphabetically, | 很高兴他们是按字母排序的 |
[27:50] | Cause now I get to see | 因为我已迫不及待的想看看 |
[27:51] | the look on your face | 当我比你快一步 |
[27:52] | when I use your answer even sooner. | 用了你的答案后你的表情 |
[27:54] | I can tell you right now, | 我现在就可以告诉你 |
[27:55] | the look on my face will be of vindication. | 我会是一脸得意报复的表情 |
[27:57] | …and also screw the man at the same time. | 还有同时把人类拧成一团 |
[28:01] | Very nice, miss steinberg. | 非常好 斯坦伯格小姐 |
[28:04] | Uh, now on to miss van der woodsen. | 接下来是范德·伍德森小姐 |
[28:08] | The person you would most like to have dinner with, | 你最想跟谁共进晚餐 |
[28:10] | real or imagined, living or dead is… | 真实的或是想象的 活着的或是已逝的 |
[28:15] | Pete fairman. | 是皮特·费尔曼 |
[28:17] | I do not know this person. | 我不认识这个人 |
[28:20] | who is pete fairman? | 谁是皮特·费尔曼 |
[28:25] | Uh, he… | 嗯 他是 |
[28:29] | he’s… | 他是 |
[28:30] | he’s the man she killed. | 那个被她杀死的人 |
[28:44] | I cannot believe you did this. | 我不相信 你会这样做 |
[28:46] | Why? it’s not like you don’t deserve it. | 为什么 这不是你应得的嘛 |
[28:48] | Miss van der woodsen, would you like to, uh, explain? | 范德·伍德森小姐 你要解释一下吗 |
[28:51] | No, of course, dean berube. | 是的 当然 伯鲁比主任 |
[28:52] | Um, pete fairman was a man that I knew. | 皮特·费尔曼是我认识的一个人 |
[28:56] | man/dealer. | 男人还是个贩子 |
[28:57] | Miss waldorf, let her speak. | 霍道夫小姐 让她自己讲 |
[28:58] | He died almost two years ago | 大概两年之前 |
[29:00] | when I was with him. | 当我跟他交往时 他就去世了 |
[29:01] | What happened was a tragedy, | 发生这样的事 真是件悲剧 |
[29:03] | And I am filled with regret over it, | 我一直心中充满了懊悔 |
[29:06] | But I was not responsible | 但那不是我的责任 |
[29:07] | Were you responsible for the sex tape? | 你不是要对性爱录影带负责吗 |
[29:08] | -Blair. -It wasn’t very sexy, | 布莱尔 -如果你问我的的话 |
[29:10] | if you ask me. | 那可不怎么性感 |
[29:11] | Blair, that’s enough. let’s go. | 布莱尔 够了 走吧 |
[29:13] | Dean berube, do you mind | 伯鲁比主任 |
[29:14] | If we, um, sort this out privately, please? | 介意让我们私底下谈谈吗 |
[29:16] | Take all the time you need. | 请便吧 慢慢来 |
[29:18] | My answer was george sand. | 我的答案是乔治·桑德 |
[29:20] | Love her, idolize, worship! | 崇拜她 她是我的偶像 |
[29:23] | Get your hands off of me! | 拿开你的手 |
[29:25] | Or are you trying to kill me, too? | 你也想把我给杀了吗 |
[29:26] | A guy died, and you use it as part of a game. | 你把他人的逝世当游戏玩 |
[29:28] | -Who does that? -It isn’t a game, | -你怎么能这么做 -那不是一场游戏 |
[29:30] | And this isn’t just another thing on a laundry list. | 这并不只是节目清单上的一条 |
[29:32] | This is yale, my dream. you crossed the line. | 这是耶鲁 我的梦想之地 你越界了 |
[29:34] | And so did you when you brought up pete! | 你把皮特抖出来时 你也越界了 |
[29:37] | As far as my being here, | 只要有我在这儿 |
[29:38] | You take that up with the school. | 你甭想进这个学校 |
[29:45] | You did not just do that. | 你何必如此 |
[29:47] | Why did you think you were invited? | 你以为你被邀请就了不起吗 |
[29:48] | You know on paper you’re not yale material. | 理论上讲 你根本就不是上耶鲁的料 |
[29:50] | Could it be your face on “page six,” | 你还想要上八卦头条 |
[29:52] | Your name everywhere? face it, serena. | 名字到处飞吗 面对现实吧 瑟琳娜 |
[29:54] | Yale needs to up their “q” rating, | 耶鲁需要提升他们的”q”级别 |
[29:55] | Just like all the other schools, | 跟其他所有学校都一样 |
[29:56] | And they’re gonna use girls like you to do it. | 他们都会找像你这样的女孩来达到目标 |
[29:59] | You shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[30:01] | you shut up! | 你给我闭嘴 |
[30:03] | Aah! no! | 不 |
[30:05] | Blair! | 布莱尔 |
[30:06] | and I really hate those stupid headbands. | 我真的很讨厌那些恶俗的头巾 |
[30:08] | Aah! my headband! | 啊 我的头巾 |
[30:12] | You–aah! | 你 |
[30:14] | No! you! | 不 你 |
[30:38] | Are you sure it’s okay for us to just | 你确定这样冒昧来访 |
[30:40] | Come up here like this? | 没关系吗 |
[30:41] | Yeah. the maid’s expecting me. larissa? | 没关系 那个女佣在等我 拉瑞莎 |
[30:45] | Whose maid is larissa exactly? | 拉瑞莎到底是谁的佣人 |
[30:46] | you didn’t say where we were going. | 你没说我们要去哪儿 |
[30:50] | -Jenny. -Lily’s not here. | -珍妮 -莉莉不在这儿 |
[30:51] | I didn’t think you’d mind. | 我不认为你会介意 |
[30:56] | Rufus. | 鲁弗斯 |
[31:03] | This is not my dress. | 这不是我的衣服 |
[31:05] | I was just trying it on… for fun. | 我只是试穿一下 好玩罢了 |
[31:09] | Sorry. when I called, um, | 抱歉 我打电话来的时候 |
[31:11] | Larissa said you were going out tonight, | 拉瑞莎说你今晚出去了 |
[31:12] | And I could leave this with her. | 我可以把这个给她 |
[31:14] | I forgot to include it in the garment bag | 我忘了把它放进你的衣服 |
[31:15] | with your dress. oh. | 的裙装套了 |
[31:17] | But clearly, um, | 但显然 |
[31:20] | I don’t even think you need it. | 你并不需要它 |
[31:21] | Uh, this dress looks so great on you. | 这件衣服穿你身上在合适不过了 |
[31:27] | The only thing wrong is the shoes. | 只是鞋子盖换一双 |
[31:29] | I can totally go pick you out | 如果你愿意 我完全可以 |
[31:30] | A different pair if you want. | 去帮你选一双 |
[31:31] | Oh, upstairs, third door on the left. | 在楼上 左手边第3个房间 |
[31:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:40] | How have you been? | 最近怎么样 |
[31:42] | Fine. sorry for the intrusion. | 很好 抱歉我们擅自闯入 |
[31:44] | Oh. it’s no bother. I’m always happy to see you. | 没关系 见到你我都很开心 |
[31:48] | Uh… the house seems quiet. | 这房子貌似很冷清 |
[31:51] | well, bart is out of town, | 巴特出城了 |
[31:53] | Serena and charles are on college visits, | 瑟琳娜跟查尔斯去参观大学了 |
[31:55] | and eric has a new friend, so I hear. | 据我所知 艾瑞克交了个新朋友 |
[32:00] | Well, the place looks amazing, as do you. | 这地方看起来很棒 你也是 |
[32:02] | It’s quite a dress. | 衣服真的很棒 |
[32:03] | Of course it is. | 当然了 |
[32:06] | Your daughter made it. | 你女儿做的嘛 |
[32:07] | You’re so lucky | 你还真够走运的 |
[32:09] | To have a daughter that’s this good | 有一个能在年轻的时候 |
[32:11] | At what she wants to do so early in her life. | 就这么出色的女儿 |
[32:15] | It’s a gift. | 这是上天的赐予 |
[32:17] | You had one, too, if I remember correctly. | 你曾经也一样 如果我没记错的话 |
[32:26] | Here you go. the perfect pair of jimmy choos. | 给你 一双完美的吉米·丘的鞋子 |
[32:27] | Mm. I will lend these to serena | 当瑟琳娜穿这件衣服时 |
[32:29] | When she wears the dress. | 我会把它们借给她穿 |
[32:30] | -Okay. -Jenny, we should get going. | -好了 -珍妮 我们该走了 |
[32:32] | -Okay. see you. -Bye. | -好的 再见 -再见 |
[32:37] | By the way, | 还有 |
[32:40] | No matter what you wear, | 不管你穿什么 |
[32:42] | You look fantastic. | 都是那么的迷人 |
[32:50] | Hey, man. where are you? I’ve been sitting forever. | 伙计 你在哪儿 我会一直在这儿等你 |
[32:53] | Please, just call me back. | 请回我电话 |
[32:56] | A round of shots, mike. coming right up, guys. | 来迈克喝一圈 跟上来 伙计们 |
[33:00] | We just taught nate archibald a lesson, | 我们刚教训了内特尼尔·阿齐布尔德一顿 |
[33:02] | And he’ll never come back to yale. | 他再也不能回耶鲁了 |
[33:03] | Yeah, archibald’s such a loser. | 是的 阿齐布尔德就是个窝囊废 |
[33:05] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[33:07] | did you say “nate archibald”? | 你刚是说内特尼尔·阿齐布尔德吗 |
[33:08] | Yeah, we just tied that chump | 是的 我们刚把那个笨蛋 |
[33:09] | To the statue in the gazebo. | 绑在露台的柱子那 |
[33:11] | -It’s priceless. | 真是太有趣了 |
[33:12] | -I hope he freezes his ass off. | 我希望把他的屁股冻僵掉 |
[33:13] | Well, you got the wrong guy. | 你们抓错人了 |
[33:14] | I’m nate archibald, and I look forward | 我才是内特尼尔·阿齐布尔德 我期待 |
[33:18] | to coming here next year and kicking your ass. | 明年来这儿 揍死你 |
[33:20] | In fact, why wait? | 其实 还等什么呢 |
[33:23] | -Okay, it can wait. -Go! get him! | -我等不及了 -抓住他 |
[33:25] | Come on! Get him! | 来吧 抓住他 |
[33:32] | Hey, excuse me. excuse me. uh, hi. | 嗨 打扰一下 |
[33:35] | Um, I know this is a strange request, | 我知道这个要求有些奇怪 |
[33:36] | But could you untie me? | 你能不能帮我解开绳子 |
[33:37] | Sir. hey. yeah. hey. come on. hey. excuse me. | 先生 喂 能不能过来一下 打扰了 |
[33:40] | Would you be so kind as to, uh… | 你能不能大发慈悲 |
[33:43] | Dan? | 丹 |
[33:48] | I hope you at least bought the statue a drink first. | 你应该先跟这个雕像喝一杯 |
[33:51] | No, you know, I don’t know if I want you to help me. | 不 我还不确定现在是不是需要你的帮助呢 |
[33:53] | Well, you might, if you knew that the only | 你也许需要 如果你知道你被绑在这儿唯一 |
[33:54] | reason you’re here because they thought you were me. | 的原因是有人错把你当成我了 |
[33:57] | How is that even possible? | 这是怎么回事呢 |
[33:58] | I-i didn’t lie about my name. | 我可没有对我的名字撒谎 |
[33:59] | Yeah, but I have a feeling someone else did for you. | 不过我肯定有人替你撒了谎 |
[34:03] | Why would anyone want to hurt, uh, | 可为什么有人要伤害 |
[34:05] | Mr. perfect nate archibald? | 完美的内特·阿齐布尔德先生 |
[34:07] | Apparently my legacy at yale | 很明显是我耶鲁的祖辈给我留了一个烂摊子 |
[34:08] | involves a lot of people hating my father’s guts. | 很多人对我父亲恨之入骨 |
[34:10] | It turns out he killed a few trust funds around here. | 他在这儿得罪了一些信托基金 |
[34:13] | By the way, this knot is ridiculous. | 顺便说一句 这个结还真难解 |
[34:15] | Yeah, I know. | 看出来了 |
[34:18] | Could you, uh, could you try a little faster? | 你能不能试着解快一点 |
[34:20] | Cause I see something approaching that looks female. | 因为我看到一个看似异性的物体朝这儿走来 |
[34:23] | I’m not entirely proud of my choice of boxers. | 我可不为自己的选的四角裤感到多么自豪 |
[34:26] | you two again? | 又是你们两个 |
[34:33] | Is this performance art piece | 这场艺术演出 |
[34:35] | your new plan to get my attention? | 是你们吸引我注意力的新计划吗 |
[34:36] | Uh, w-would– would it work if it was? | 算是的话,有用吗 |
[34:39] | Move over. my mom was in the navy. | 闪到一边去 我妈曾在海军里干过活 |
[34:41] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[34:47] | I can’t do it anymore, blair. | 布莱尔 我不想再这样下去了 |
[34:49] | That’s because you almost lost. | 那是因为你差点儿就输了 |
[34:51] | I had you pinned with that chicken wing. don’t deny it. | 我可用那个鸡翅把你钉在墙上了 别否认 |
[34:54] | I don’t mean this. I mean everything– | 我是说这个 是这所有的一切 |
[34:58] | The wars, the betrayal, | 我们的战争 我们的背叛 |
[34:59] | The watctchi out for every possible land mine. | 我们对彼此的陷害 |
[35:03] | It’s exhausting. | 我厌倦了 |
[35:04] | I’m sick of it, too. | 我也烦了 |
[35:06] | I’m sick of always looking like darth vader | 我讨厌我自己总像达斯·维德一样 |
[35:09] | Next to sunshine barbie. | 下次我就是个阳光芭比娃娃了 |
[35:12] | Life’s too short. | 生命这么短暂 |
[35:14] | You make it feel so long. | 你却使它如此漫长 |
[35:17] | Well, if that’s how we really feel,may | 如果这就是你的真正的感觉 |
[35:19] | Maybe we shouldn’t be friends. | 我们可能就不应该做朋友 |
[35:23] | We were probably gonna grow apart in college anyway, | 反正我们都可能到了大学要分开 |
[35:26] | So we might as well just start now, right? | 我们可以从现在就开始不要再做朋友了 |
[35:31] | Fine by me. | 我无所谓 |
[35:33] | you live your life. I’ll live mine. | 你走的阳关道 我过的我的独木桥 |
[35:37] | Sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[35:39] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[35:49] | From comrades to combat, | 从姐妹到仇敌 |
[35:51] | We thought we’d seen it all, | 我们是一路看过来的 |
[35:52] | But we’ve never seen this– | 但我们从来没有见过这样的场景 |
[35:54] | Serena and blair calling a cease-fire. | 瑟琳娜和布莱尔决定停火了 |
[35:57] | After so much scorched earth, | 当她们打得两败俱伤时 |
[35:59] | Can either side claim victory? | 谁能说自己是胜利方呢 |
[36:12] | Why do I feel like | 为什么你们让我感觉 |
[36:12] | you’re gonna tell me the cat died? | 你们要告诉我什么坏消息似的 |
[36:13] | No, no. It’s nothing bad. | 不 不 没有什么坏消息 |
[36:15] | Uh, when I was your age, | 当我像你这么大时 |
[36:17] | All I wanted was to be a musician, | 我只想成为一名音乐家 |
[36:19] | But my parents didn’t think it was a good idea, | 但我的父母却不同意 |
[36:21] | and it made for some pretty uncomfortable years. | 这也就让后来的几年相当不愉快 |
[36:23] | And last night, I realized that | 昨晚我突然想到 |
[36:26] | Th we don’t have to do things that way. | 我们没必要让事情变成那样 |
[36:28] | I don’t understand. Your dad asked me to bring | 我不太明白 你爸爸要我 |
[36:31] | over all my stuff on homeschooling. | 把东西都带来给做你家教 |
[36:35] | Aah! after christmas, we can reevaluate. | 圣诞之后 我们就可以重新评估一下了 |
[36:39] | And if everything works out, maybe you’ll apply to | 如果一切顺利的话 下个学期你就 |
[36:40] | the professional children’s school for next semester. | 可以申请去职业技术学校了 |
[36:42] | Like vera wang. | 像王薇薇一样吗 |
[36:44] | Thank you. thank you. thank you. thank you. aw! | 谢谢 太感谢了 |
[36:48] | I won’t let you down. I promise. | 我不会让你失望的 我保证 |
[36:49] | I know you won’t. | 我知道你不会的 |
[36:58] | What a you doing here, | 你来这儿做什么呢 |
[37:00] | Making sure the dean knows it’s all my fault? | 让主任知道这一切都是我们错吗 |
[37:01] | No. I came to tell him that yale is your dream, | 不是 我来是要告诉他耶鲁是你的梦想 |
[37:06] | and you deserve to go here more than I do. | 你比我更有资格来这个学校 |
[37:09] | What are you doing here? | 那你来又是干嘛呢 |
[37:11] | Doing the same thing for you. | 为你做一样的事情 |
[37:15] | I was up all night thinking about the first time | 我想了一夜 还记得我们第一次 |
[37:18] | we came here together when we were 9. | 来到这儿时 我们都9岁 |
[37:20] | Your dad took us to that harvard/yale game, | 你爸爸带我们玩那个哈佛耶鲁游戏 |
[37:23] | and you tackled senator schumer’s daughter | 你抓住议员舒默的女儿不放 |
[37:26] | for wearing a harvard sweatshirt. | 就因为她穿着一件哈佛的运动衫 |
[37:27] | I bet those grass stains never came out. | 恐怕这些草上的回忆不会那么容易就磨灭的 |
[37:34] | I don’t want to not know you. | 并非是我不想了解你 |
[37:37] | I can’t not know you. | 只是我很难去了解你 |
[37:39] | Maybe we just had that fight because | 可能那场架的原因 |
[37:43] | the reality of being separated next year | 只是出于对明年离别时 |
[37:46] | Is just too scary to think about. | 的恐惧罢了 |
[37:51] | So? | 那 |
[37:56] | Wait here for me. | 在这儿等我 |
[37:57] | We’ll ride home together. | 我们一起坐车回去 |
[38:00] | okay. | 没问题 |
[38:04] | So you think you can, uh, | 所以你觉得你 |
[38:06] | Maybe help him out a bit? | 能帮他搞定这个事吗 |
[38:07] | Well, I can’t promise anything, | 我现在还不能保证什么 |
[38:09] | But I’m pretty sure I can get | 但我很确信 |
[38:12] | -Someone in the department to read these -Ooh! | -能让系里某个人 -噢 |
[38:14] | – and write you a recommendation. -Yes. | -读完它并给你写封推荐函 -太好了 |
[38:15] | Thank you so much, really. it’s so nice to know | 太感谢你了 真的 想到自己 |
[38:17] | that my dream of going to yale isn’t dead. | 能进耶鲁的梦想没有破灭真是太棒了 |
[38:18] | It might be, uh, embarrassed and humiliated, | 可能有些尴尬 丢脸 |
[38:21] | But not dead. | 但没破灭 |
[38:23] | And I’m sorry about lying to you. | 我很抱歉对你说谎了 |
[38:25] | I just needed to be someone else for a while. | 我只是在那时拿别人做挡箭牌 |
[38:28] | Yeah, well, next time you’re up here, | 下次来到这儿 |
[38:29] | why don’t you just be yourself? | 为什么不做你自己呢 |
[38:35] | I would have liked you whatever your name was. | 不管你叫什么 我都会喜欢你的 |
[38:39] | -Bye, dan. -Bye. | -再见 丹 -再见 |
[38:41] | You know what? You–you do dan humphrey | 你知道吗 你做丹·汉弗瑞 |
[38:43] | -better than dan humphrey. That, uh, -Really? | -可比我强多了 那个 -真的吗 |
[38:45] | That thousand yard squint–can I steal that? | 你那千里眼的工夫 我能偷到手吗 |
[38:46] | Well, thank you. | 过奖了 |
[38:50] | Here he is. | 他在这儿 |
[38:53] | It looks like someone messed up last night. | 似乎谁把昨晚的事搞得一团糟 |
[38:55] | You sent us after the wrong guy. | 你给我们指错人了 |
[38:57] | He may have been the wrong guy for you, | 可能对你来说是找错了 |
[38:58] | but he was the right guy for me. | 但我却没有说错人 |
[39:00] | You’ll pay for this when you get here next year. | 明年你来到这儿会为此会出代价的 |
[39:01] | Oh, I’m not coming here next fall. | 对了 我明年秋天才不会来呢 |
[39:03] | Those girls I brought to the party last night? | 记得昨晚的带到派对里的女孩们吗 |
[39:06] | they witnessed some pretty incriminating acts | 她们可是这些控告的目击者 |
[39:07] | with their lipstick cameras. | 还用她们的口红照相机记录了下来 |
[39:09] | You may be the future leaders of america. | 你们可能是未来美国的领导者 |
[39:12] | You’re now under the control of chuck bass. | 但你们现在在我恰克·拜斯的控制之下 |
[39:15] | I own you. | 你们是我的了 |
[39:19] | Keep it. I’ve got plenty. | 留着吧 我还有很多呢 |
[39:30] | Missed you last night. | 昨晚真想你啊 |
[39:32] | Did you? | 真的吗 |
[39:34] | Or was it your plan all along | 或者让我一直不能 |
[39:36] | Just to get me out of the way? | 妨碍你都是你的计划 |
[39:37] | -What? -I know what you did. | -什么 -我知道你做了什么 |
[39:42] | You should be glad. | 你应该高兴 |
[39:43] | Those guys were coming for you.I saved your ass. | 我帮你摆平了这些找你麻烦的家伙 |
[39:45] | You didn’t have to send them after dan. | 可你不应该陷害丹 |
[39:46] | Two birds, one stone. | 一石二鸟而已 |
[39:47] | Seemed good to me. | 对我来说很好啊 |
[39:48] | besides, since when do you care about | 除此之外 你什么时候开始 |
[39:49] | humdrum humphrey anyway? | 关心汉弗瑞家的事了 |
[39:51] | He’s nothing. | 他什么也不是 |
[39:53] | He’s less than nothing. | 他甚至比这还差 |
[39:54] | I actually think he’s pretty cool. | 事实上 我觉得他很好 |
[39:56] | We’ll talk about this in the car. | 我们还是上车谈吧 |
[39:58] | No,I think–i think I’d rather take the train. | 不 我想我还是坐火车吧 |
[40:04] | So the dean seemed inscrutable to you, too? | 主任也觉得你不可理解吗 |
[40:06] | I don’t think he even blinked. | 他甚至都不能眨眼了 |
[40:08] | Well, since we’re probably both gonna | 可能我们这次面试都 |
[40:10] | end up at hunter after what happened, | 在这些发生以后就这样终结了 |
[40:12] | I think we ought to say a proper good-bye. | 我觉得我们应该跟它来个适当的告别吧 |
[40:17] | Hello? | 喂 |
[40:18] | Serena, dean berube. | 瑟琳娜 我是伯鲁比主任 |
[40:21] | Oh, hello, sir. | 你好 先生 |
[40:21] | I just thought you should know | 我觉得你应该知道 |
[40:23] | That despite events at last night’s reception, | 尽管在昨晚的招待会上发生了一系列的事 |
[40:25] | i-i remain most impressed with you, | 但我还是对你印象最深刻 |
[40:29] | And come time for early acceptances in december, | 你在12月份发布早期招生信息时来一下吧 |
[40:32] | I’d check that list to see if your name was on it. | 我帮你确定一下你的名字在不在上面 |
[40:35] | Okay, but what about Blair? | 但布莱尔呢 |
[40:37] | Well, like all the other students | 像其他学生一样 |
[40:39] | with blair’s qualifications, | 就她个人的水平 |
[40:40] | she will learn her fate in the spring. | 她会在春季的考试中争取个机会的 |
[40:42] | If it’s all right with you, | 如果你方便的话 |
[40:43] | I’d like to issue a press release | 我想撰一篇 |
[40:44] | that you came up to visit our glorious campus. | 你曾光顾我们美丽的校园的新闻稿 |
[40:49] | I’m gonna have to call you back. | 我再打电话跟您谈吧 |
[40:53] | I won’t accept. I can’t, like this. | 像这样 我不会接受的 |
[40:56] | What? no, you have to. | 什么 不 你一定要接受 |
[40:58] | It doesn’t matter how you got it or why. | 至于你得到的原因这不重要 |
[41:00] | It’s an opportunity. | 这是个机会 |
[41:01] | No, you’re my best friend. what’s mine is yours. | 不 你是我最好的朋友 我的就是你的 |
[41:05] | You can’t share this. | 但这个是无法分享的 |
[41:08] | We’ll find a way… | 我们一起 |
[41:10] | Together. | 总能找到办法 |
[41:15] | Dreams–everybody has them– | 每个人都有梦想 |
[41:18] | Some good, some bad… | 有的好 有的坏 |
[41:20] | Some you wish you could forget…. | 有的你想忘掉 |
[41:24] | Sometimes you realize you’ve outgrown them… | 有时你意识到已经穿过时了 |
[41:29] | Sometimes you feel like they’re finally coming true | 有时你感觉他们终于成真了 |
[41:36] | And some of us | 有些人 |
[41:38] | Just have nightmares. | 有的只是噩梦 |
[41:45] | But no matter wh you dream, | 但无论你做着什么样的梦 |
[41:47] | When morning comes, reality intrudes | 当清晨阳光普照之时 现实也就来了 |
[41:50] | And the dream begins to slip away. | 梦也就渐渐地远去了 |
[41:55] | Dream a little dream of me. | 梦到了我吗 |
[41:57] | X.o.x.o Gossip Girl | X.o.x.o 八卦天后 |