时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Gossip Girl here, | “八卦天后”在此 |
[00:02] | your one and only source… | 这是您了解 |
[00:04] | …into the scandalous lives of Manhattan ‘s elite. | 曼哈顿名流们绯闻的唯一渠道 |
[00:06] | -Is that Carter Baizen? -Where were you? | -那不是卡特·贝森吗 -你去哪儿了 |
[00:08] | Ha, where wasn’t he? | 他无处不在 |
[00:09] | He disowned his parents and took off around the worId. | 跟父母决裂然后就开始环游世界 |
[00:11] | An affair with a student? Me and you? | 和学生有暧昧关系 我和你吗 |
[00:13] | I’d never do that. | 我绝不会那么做的 |
[00:14] | You were right about dan and rachel. | 关于丹和雷切尔你是对的 |
[00:15] | You have proof. give it to me. | 你有证据 把它给我 |
[00:17] | If they find out that I let an outsider in | 要是他们发现我让外人介入 |
[00:18] | I’ll protect you. | 我会保护你的 |
[00:20] | Your own father was one of them | 你自己的父亲是其中一员 |
[00:21] | and you didn’t even know it. | 而你一无所知 |
[00:22] | Don’t contact me again. | 别再联系我了 |
[00:23] | I’m sorry for the interruption, | 抱歉打断你们 |
[00:25] | But I have something | 可有个东西 |
[00:26] | I think almost everyone here would want to see. | 我想大家都会想看的 |
[00:28] | I’m back at constance, got into yale. | 我回到了康士坦次 还进了耶鲁 |
[00:30] | Everything’s perfect again. | 一切重归完美 |
[00:32] | I thought you lied to me. | 我以为你骗了我 |
[00:33] | Then why were you so ready to believe the worst? | 为什么你那么轻易就接受了最坏的情况 |
[00:34] | I think part of me wanted to. | 我想是我自己想相信 |
[00:35] | – It’s over, isn’t it?- what are you doing here? | -结束了 不是吗 -你来这儿干吗 |
[00:37] | I came to apologize. I don’t know what came over me. | 我来道歉的 我不知道我是怎么了 |
[00:44] | And who am i? | 我是谁 |
[00:46] | That’s a secret I’ll never tell. | 这是不能说的秘密 |
[00:49] | You know you love me. | 你知道你爱我的 |
[00:51] | X.o.x.o., gossip girl. | 八卦天后 |
[00:57] | On the upper east side, | 在曼哈顿上东区 |
[00:58] | All the world’s a stage | 整个世界就是个舞台 |
[01:00] | and all the men and women merely players. | 所有的男人女人都是演员 |
[01:02] | But once a year, constance/ st. | 可一年一度的 康士坦次的学生们 |
[01:05] | Jude’s students shed their usual roles and | 抛掉他们的惯有角色 |
[01:08] | Take on new ones for the senior class play. | 为毕业演出 担任了新的角色 |
[01:10] | This year’s pick– “the age of innocence.” | 今年的剧目是 “纯真年代” |
[01:13] | I just can’t believe this is a senior requirement or that | 我无法置信 这是个毕业要求 |
[01:16] | Chuck got a doctor to actually diagnose him with acute stage fright. | 而恰克找了个医生确诊他是”急性怯场” |
[01:21] | Should have gone with mercury poisoning. | 应该早就汞中毒仙逝了 |
[01:23] | Before “gossip girl,” there was edith wharton, | 早八卦天后前 就有伊迪斯·华尔顿夫人 |
[01:26] | And how little has changed. | 一切几乎没怎么随时代改变 |
[01:27] | The same society snobs still reigned, | 现在仍旧是小人当道 |
[01:30] | Only in corsets and horse-drawn carriages. | 只是局限在紧身胸衣跟马车的领域了 |
[01:47] | When I saw “the age of innocence” with daddy, | 我跟爸爸看”纯真年代”时 |
[01:49] | I always pictured myself as winona, | 我总把自己想成是薇诺娜 |
[01:51] | But playing the stronger, | 可出演一个更坚强 |
[01:54] | More emotionally complex female lead | 情感上更复杂的女性领导人 |
[01:56] | Just feels so right. | 感觉真棒 |
[01:58] | Dorota, hairpin. | 发夹 多洛塔 |
[02:02] | Besides, | 另外 |
[02:04] | you’re so much more suited to play may, who’s so… pretty. | 你更适合出演梅 她是那么 美丽 |
[02:09] | thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:10] | At last, my life is perfect. | 事到如今 我的人生完美无缺 |
[02:12] | My only problem– how to relate to my character. | 我唯一的问题 就是怎样贴近我的角色了 |
[02:15] | Countess olenska is a ruined woman | 奥兰斯卡公爵夫人是个被人毁掉 |
[02:17] | With no prospects, | 前途渺茫的女人 |
[02:18] | Anw d let’s face it, I have the world on a string. | 可面对现实 整个世界都在我掌握中 |
[02:21] | Of course, there is the odious task of playing opposite dan humphrey. | 当然了 跟丹·汉弗瑞演对手戏也挺烦人的 |
[02:25] | Dorota, enough. how are you two doing, b.t.w? | 多洛塔 够了 另外 你俩现在咋样了 |
[02:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:29] | I’m just trying not to think of him, distracting myself with other… | 我一直试着不去想他 用别人来 |
[02:33] | Distractions. | 分分心 |
[02:33] | You mean your crush on our director? | 你是说你看上咱们导演了吗 |
[02:35] | Julian is kind of amazing, isn’t he? | 朱利安确实挺迷人 不是吗 |
[02:38] | – Do you know that he directed – bogosian off-broadway | -你知道他导演了 -他在茱莉亚学院的最后一年 |
[02:41] | In his last year of juilliard, blah, blah, blah? | 在外百老汇导演了博高西安 之类的 |
[02:43] | You can always depend on constance to snare some wunderkind. | 在康士坦次 你总能勾引到这些少年得志的人 |
[02:46] | But really, s., aren’t you sick of brooding artists? | 可说真的S 你对这些爱沉思的艺术家还没厌烦吗 |
[02:49] | Well, he broods in the sexiest way, that is, | 好吧 至少他不正视我的时候 |
[02:53] | When he’s not looking right through me. | 那沉思样子还挺性感 |
[02:54] | Oh, my life is so bountiful. | 我的人生太瑰丽了 |
[02:56] | I don’t need a boyfriend to feel fulfilled. | 我不需要一个男朋友来感到充实 |
[02:58] | Aah! oh, my god! come look at this! | 上帝啊 快看这个 |
[03:00] | But I do need silence to emotionally prepare for the stage. | 可我的确需要安静 好为上台准备好感情 |
[03:04] | What are you clucking about? | 你们在吵吵什么啊 |
[03:06] | Nelly just got in early to yale. | 内丽刚被耶鲁提前录取了 |
[03:09] | Uh, that’s impossible. | 那是不可能的 |
[03:11] | Yale only accepts one constance student early a year, and that’s me. | 耶鲁每年只收一个康士坦次的学生 那就是我 |
[03:14] | She just got an e-mail directly from dean berube. | 她刚收到一封伯鲁比院长直接发来的电邮 |
[03:28] | I have to find headmistress queller. | 我得找到女校长 |
[03:38] | Julian, I added the fur collar to olenska’s act two dress. | 朱利安 我在奥兰斯卡第二幕的礼服上加了毛领 |
[03:41] | Add fur to the cuffs. humphrey! | 在袖口也加上皮毛 汉弗瑞 |
[03:43] | This is an invited dress. backstage now. | 这是带妆彩排 回后台去 |
[03:46] | I can’t believe I volunteered to do costumes. | 我不敢相信我自愿来做戏服 |
[03:48] | Oh, for the days of eleanor’s atelier. | 我在埃莉诺工作室时 那可是 |
[03:50] | Wait. did I really just say that? | 等等 我刚才真那么说了吗 |
[04:08] | How did she even show her face after everthing she’s done. | 她居然还有脸来 |
[04:10] | Dan, remember, in scene three, you enter from stage right, | 丹 记住 第三场时你从右边入场 |
[04:14] | Not Stage left | 不是左边 |
[04:15] | Stage left, right. | 左边入场 好 |
[04:17] | – No. no, stage right.- yeah, I got it. | -不 是右边入场 -好 我知道了 |
[04:19] | I just don’t get why you want to do a documentary on all this. | 我就是不明白 你干吗要把这些拍成纪录片 |
[04:22] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[04:23] | A high school forks out a small fortune to stage a play… | 一个高中花了笔巨款排演一部戏 |
[04:27] | Hires broadway’s hottest up-and-coming director– | 雇了百老汇的新晋导演 |
[04:29] | That means you’ve got wealth, privilege, atrocious acting. | 就是说你有了财富 特权 和残暴的元素 |
[04:34] | And the fact that you’re doing “the age of innocence,” | 事实上你在演”纯真年代” |
[04:36] | – Well, that’s just the icing on the cake.- okay. | -那只是个点缀而已 -好吧 |
[04:38] | – But don’t worry. I won’t make you look bad.- stop. | -别担心 我会把你拍的很好看 -住手 |
[04:42] | And whatever else, | 另外 |
[04:43] | “the age of innocence” is one of the most beautiful books ever. ugh. | “纯真年代”是我读过最优美的书了 |
[04:47] | It’s, like, the most boring book ever. | 它是我读过的最无聊的书 |
[04:49] | Nothing happens. | 什么事都没法生 |
[04:50] | Guy and girl want to be together, but can’t, end of story. | 男人跟姑娘想在一起 但是不能如愿 故事结束 |
[04:53] | Nate, the story’s in the details. | 内特 这故事在于细节 |
[04:54] | The simple act of unbuttoning a glove expresses the character’s | 脱下手套这样的简单动作 也表达了角色 |
[04:57] | Inner passion. I can think of a lot more interesting ways to express my passion. | -内心的激情 -我能想到更有趣的方式表达激情 |
[05:01] | – Oh, really? – towards you. | -真的吗 -对你 |
[05:12] | Chuck bass. it’s good to see you, son. | 恰克·拜斯 见到你很高兴 孩子 |
[05:15] | Mr. campbell, hello. | 坎贝尔先生 你好 |
[05:18] | I, uh, I’m sorry for your loss. | 对你所失 我深表遗憾 |
[05:21] | I was in prague for the funeral. | 葬礼时我人在布拉格 |
[05:23] | I would have paid my respects in person. | 我该亲自去献上我的尊敬的 |
[05:25] | Thank you. I’ll come by the office. | 谢谢你 我会去办公室的 |
[05:27] | I hear you’re learning the ropes. | 听说你已经上手了 |
[05:28] | Trying to. | 试着上手 |
[05:30] | Enjoy. thanks. | -好好享受 -谢谢 |
[05:31] | – Is this okay?- perfect. | -这样行吗 -很好 |
[05:38] | My lucky day. carter baizen back in town. | 我的幸运日 卡特·拜曾回城里了 |
[05:41] | A delight to see you, bass. | 很高兴见到你啊 拜斯 |
[05:45] | Elle? you’re all right. | 艾丽 你还好吧 |
[05:48] | You have the wrong person. my name is hayley. | 你认错人了 我叫海莉 |
[05:51] | What are you doing with this loser? | 你跟这衰人在一起干吗 |
[05:52] | Back off, bass. the, uh, lady says she doesn’t know you. | 离远点儿 拜斯 女士说她不认识你 |
[05:55] | She knows me. I know you’re in some kind of trouble. | 她认识我 我知道你有点麻烦 |
[05:57] | Whatever kind of help you need, | 不管你需要什么帮助 |
[05:58] | You’re not going to find it with him. | 他都帮不上你 |
[06:00] | Carter, I have to use the ladies’ room. | 卡特 我得去趟卫生间 |
[06:01] | Get me a drink? just–just wait a sec. | -给我买杯饮料好吗 -等等 |
[06:04] | Come on, bass. don’t cause a scene. | 拜托 拜斯 别挑事儿 |
[06:06] | Heard you were in thailand recently. | 听说你最近在泰国 |
[06:07] | You should have come to see me in singapore. | 你该来新加坡看我的 |
[06:08] | Of course I had to leave in a hurry. | 不过我不得不提前离开了 |
[06:10] | How was singapore? | 新加坡好玩吗 |
[06:11] | I’m surprised you made it out in one piece. | 真没想到你撒谎也如此出口成章 |
[06:12] | I’m hooked up on every continent. | 我属于每块大陆 |
[06:15] | I landed last night, rrolled into apothe and met… | 我昨晚下的飞机 之后就遇到了 |
[06:21] | Well, who really cares what her name is, right? | 谁在乎她叫什么呢 是吧 |
[06:24] | – God bless america. – mr. baizen? | -上帝保佑美国 -拜曾先生 |
[06:26] | Your date just exited through the kitchen. | 你的女伴刚从厨房离开了 |
[06:34] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[06:51] | Hey. jacket over vest and button to top. | 背心外面再加件外套 行头就齐了 |
[06:55] | Hello? what’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了 |
[07:00] | it’s–it’s nothing. | 没事 |
[07:01] | Did you see how those teachers treated rachel? | 你看到那些老师是怎么对雷切尔的吗 |
[07:03] | Yeah. they were like grown-up mean girls. | 看到了 她们就像成人版的贱女孩一样 |
[07:09] | If I wrote a note, could you deliver it? | 我写张便条的话 你能帮我送给她吗 |
[07:13] | Dan, headmistress queller told her to stay away from you. | 丹 校长严令禁止她和你来往 |
[07:16] | I saw how they were treating her. | 我看到她们对待她的样子了 |
[07:17] | it’s–it’s–it’s my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[07:18] | I just want to know that she’s okay. | 我只想确认她没事 |
[07:30] | Hi, miss carr. | 卡尔小姐 |
[07:31] | I love your necklace. is it new? | 项链真漂亮 是新的吗 |
[07:35] | no. it’s quite old, actually. | 不 买了挺久了 |
[07:37] | Well, it’s very nice. | 很漂亮 |
[07:41] | 雷切尔 我想单独见你 回信写上时间地点 丹 | |
[07:48] | Hi. I am gonna sit in front until the first costume change. | 换第一次装之前 我得坐在前排 |
[07:52] | Jenny, i-i really don’t think that… Thanks. | 珍妮 你不应该 谢谢 |
[08:05] | This is just a dress rehearsal. | 这次只是带妆彩排 |
[08:06] | There are people out there. don’t let the– | 外面有观众 千万不要 |
[08:08] | headmistress! there you are. | 校长 你在这里啊 |
[08:11] | Nelly yuki claimed she got into yale early. | 内丽·尤琪说她被耶鲁提前录取了 |
[08:14] | There must be some mistake. | 一定是搞错了 |
[08:15] | I’m sorry, blair. there’s no mistake. | 抱歉 布莱尔 没有搞错 |
[08:17] | I was on my way to tell you | 我正要告诉你 |
[08:18] | I received a call from dean berube. | 我接到了伯鲁比院长的电话 |
[08:20] | They’ve rescinded your acceptance | 你的资格被取消了 |
[08:21] | and given the spot to nelly. | 内丽填补了你的空缺 |
[08:25] | Is today april fool’s? | 今天是愚人节吗 |
[08:26] | Though I had previously informed yale of your detention, | 虽然我告知了耶鲁你收到了处分 |
[08:29] | I did not tell them what the punishment was for. | 但并未告诉他们你受处分的缘由 |
[08:32] | But apparently, an anonymous caller did. | 但是 有人匿名举报你的处分原因 |
[08:34] | The dean called for me to confirm the story. | 院长打给我来证实过 |
[08:37] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[08:38] | But I did penance for that. | 可我已经认错了啊 |
[08:40] | I explained that you made amends, | 我向他说过你很懊悔 |
[08:43] | But yale considers hazing a faculty member a very serious offense. | 但耶鲁认为陷害学校老师是严重的恶行 |
[08:47] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:50] | There must be something we can do. | 一定还有补救的办法吧 |
[08:52] | Blair, it’s over. | 布莱尔 没用的 |
[08:55] | You will not be attending yale. | 你进不了耶鲁 |
[09:01] | Every actress eventually finds the hook into her character, | 每位女演员最终都会与角色产生共鸣 |
[09:04] | Even if sometimes life has to give her a little push. | 即使有时是生活本身推动的 |
[09:08] | Waldorf, you’re holding up the curtain. | 霍道夫 开场就等你一个人呢 |
[09:10] | Come. now. | 快来 |
[09:18] | Upon my soul, it’s countess olenska, | 我敢说 那是奥兰丝卡伯爵夫人 |
[09:21] | parading herself at the opera. | 在歌剧中 审视着自己 |
[09:22] | It’s a pity. her life is finished. | 真可惜 她的生命已经完结 |
[09:25] | But don’t worry, b. | 但别担心 B |
[09:27] | When god closes a door, he opens a play. | 当上帝关上一扇门 他会为你开启一部剧 |
[09:45] | Elle. | 艾丽 |
[09:47] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[09:49] | Oh, did you tell my cousin ellen of our engagement? | 你和我表姐艾伦说过我们的婚约吗 |
[09:52] | I hadn’t had the chance. | 还没来得及 |
[09:53] | oh, well, you mustn’t. she’s been away so long. | 别告诉她 她去了那么远的地方 |
[09:56] | Did I miss much? | 我错过的多吗 |
[09:57] | oh, no, just the first scene. | 不多 只有第一幕而已 |
[09:58] | Hey, jenny, you dropped your… | 珍妮 你东西掉了 |
[10:03] | Oh. wait. can i… | 等等 给我 |
[10:05] | May knows as well as I do the real reason of her cousin staying away. | 梅和我都知道她表姐去向远方的真正原因 |
[10:08] | But I shall never let her see the least sign that I’m | 但我永远都不会让她知晓一丝一毫 |
[10:11] | Conscious of there being a shadow on poor ellen olenska’s reputation. | 她只是我对艾伦·奥兰丝卡仰慕的替代品 |
[10:19] | 丹 今晚去我家 我等不及要见你了 雷切尔 | |
[10:23] | Get me out of this. out of my way. | -把这个给我脱下来 -让开 |
[10:24] | I need to make the fat lady sing. | 我要让胖女士唱歌[也有了结一切的意思] |
[10:26] | – Pull! – it’s stuck. | -使劲拉啊 -卡住了 |
[10:27] | No, leave it. she’ll need as much padding as possible. | 别管了 填充物给她多少都不嫌够 |
[10:29] | What is your problem? | 你干嘛对我这样 |
[10:31] | My problem is a two-faced, | 我这样 是因为你这个 |
[10:33] | four-eyed devious little snipe in a fat suit. | 穿胖女装的双面四眼八婆 |
[10:35] | Did you really think you could | 你还真以为自己能 |
[10:37] | rat me out to yale and get away with it? | 把我从耶鲁挤出去 在一边得意吗 |
[10:38] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不知道你在说什么 |
[10:39] | Everyone’s jealous of me because my life is perfect, | 所有人都为我的生活无比完美而嫉妒我 |
[10:42] | And you’ve always been the most jealous of all. | 你是最嫉妒我的那个 |
[10:44] | People aren’t jealous of you, blair. they hate you. | 大家不嫉妒你 布莱尔 大家讨厌你 |
[10:48] | I didn’t call yale, | 打给耶鲁的不是我 |
[10:49] | and good luck figuring out who did. | 祝你好运继续找出真凶吧 |
[10:50] | There are about a thousand people | 喜欢看你被恶整的人 |
[10:51] | who would relish taking you down. | 多得不计其数 |
[10:56] | wanna hear the sickest scandal ever? | 想不想听最恶心的丑闻 |
[10:59] | Remember b.’s lord? | 还记得B的公爵吗 |
[11:00] | It turns out he was giving the royal treatment to his own queen mother, | 原来他曾给自己母亲献上皇家伺候哦 |
[11:04] | And the worst part? | 而最让人大跌眼镜的是 |
[11:06] | B. knew and ignored it. | B却对此睁只眼闭只眼 |
[11:08] | How desperate can you be, b.? | 你还真是自降身段啊 B |
[11:11] | No wonder yale dumped you. who wants inbred legacies? | 怪不得耶鲁不要你 哪有人想要你的乱伦传统 |
[11:14] | Someone’s out to get you, blair. it’s just not me. | 布莱尔 有人想整死你 可惜不是我 |
[11:19] | Vanessa. | 瓦内萨 |
[11:20] | Julian. hey, I made the adjustment | 朱利安 根据你对花园那场戏的建议 |
[11:22] | you suggested in the garden scene. | 我对自己的表演做了些调整 |
[11:24] | Uh, yeah, yeah. um, good show, sabrina. | 恩好 演得不错 塞布里娜 |
[11:30] | So how does it feel to play may welland? | 扮演梅·沃林德的感觉如何 |
[11:32] | Well, it feels like my character’s rubbing off on me. | 感觉自己好像要被我的角色抹杀了 |
[11:35] | May’s fiance pays no attention to her, and as for me… | 梅的未婚夫显然对她没兴趣 而我呢 |
[11:41] | Are you talking about julian? | 你是在说自己和朱利安吧 |
[11:43] | Well, the play opens tomorrow. he’s just distracted. | 明天就要开演了 他只是心不在焉 |
[11:49] | Julian, hey. | 朱利安 |
[11:50] | I was just thinking, | 我在想 |
[11:51] | It would be really helpful for my friend vanessa’s | 如果你能多给这部剧些意见的话 |
[11:54] | Documentary to hear more about your vision for the show. | 对我朋友瓦内萨的纪录片会很有帮助 |
[11:57] | Why don’t we all grab a bite to eat? | 我们去吃饭怎么样 |
[11:58] | I suppose it couldn’t hurt to, uh, | 好啊 这样也挺好 |
[12:00] | Give my actors a little more insight into my intentions. | 能按我的意愿指导演员很好 |
[12:03] | Let me just grab my stuff. I’ll meet you in front. | 我先去拿自己的东西 前门见吧 |
[12:06] | Airing my dirty laundry to yale | 把我的丑事捅给耶鲁 |
[12:08] | and sending the lord marcus “gossip girl” blast | 还把马库斯伯爵的事发给八卦天后 |
[12:10] | makes you officially my enemy number one. | 你现在是我的头号敌人了 |
[12:13] | I don’t know what you’re talking about, blair. | 你在说什么啊 布莱尔 |
[12:15] | – Honestly.- what are you doing with her? we hate her. | -真的 -你怎么和她在一起 我们讨厌她 |
[12:18] | I don’t hate her. she’s my friend, actually. | 我不讨厌她啊 她是我朋友 |
[12:21] | And you just need to calm down. | 你得先镇定下来 |
[12:23] | Calm down, serena? she got me axed from yale. | 我怎么镇定 她搞得我被耶鲁取消资格了 |
[12:27] | You’re seriously taking her side? | 你真要站在她那边吗 |
[12:29] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[12:30] | But a word of advice– she will be destroyed, | 给你点建议好了 她会被我整死的 |
[12:33] | And you don’t want to become collateral damage. | 你可不想被我殃及池鱼 |
[12:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:46] | I’ve been bathing like the french | 这一周来我都只能像法国人那样 |
[12:48] | in restaurant bathrooms all week. | 在法国餐馆洗澡 |
[12:49] | So you’ve been on the run. | 你在逃亡 |
[12:52] | You know, I wanted to contact you. | 我想过要联系你 |
[12:54] | I felt like we had a connection. | 我觉得我们之间有种微妙联系 |
[12:56] | but I was scared. | 但我很害怕 |
[12:57] | – And carter? – I just met him. | -那卡特呢 -我刚认识他 |
[12:59] | He told me he was rich, so I thought he could help. | 他跟我说自己很有钱 我以为他能帮我 |
[13:01] | Please. | 请坐吧 |
[13:04] | Look, no one is going to hurt you. | 听着 没人能伤害你 |
[13:06] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[13:08] | You know the kind of people who are members. | 你也知道那些成员是些什么人 |
[13:10] | They’re powerful men, | 他们有权有势 |
[13:11] | And the things I know about them could destroy their lives. | 而我所知道的内幕足以让他们送命 |
[13:13] | Nobody ever told me that once you’re in, you’re in for good. | 一旦涉足其中 永远无法脱身 没人告诉过我 |
[13:16] | If only I could just leave the country, | 真希望我能远走高飞 |
[13:19] | Start over with a clean slate. | 从此洗心革面 |
[13:21] | So that’s what you’ll do. | 我正有此意 |
[13:21] | Money’s not a problem. | 钱不是问题 |
[13:23] | – We’ll get you a new identity, a new passport. – How? | -我给你弄新身份证和新护照 -怎么弄 |
[13:28] | I know a guy. | 我知道有人能办 |
[13:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:40] | Just one question. | 还有个问题 |
[13:43] | How do you feel about Brazil? | 你觉得巴西怎么样 |
[13:51] | Scorsese said that he considers “Age of Innocence” | 斯科塞斯认为《纯真年代》 |
[13:55] | More violent than his films with guns and blood. | 比他那些打打杀杀的电影更暴力 |
[13:59] | – Marty’s inspiration was “The Heiress.” – William Wyler. | -马蒂的灵感来源于千金小姐 -威廉·怀勒 |
[14:01] | So you’re a Wyler fan? Have you ever seen “Little Foxes”? | 看来你是怀勒的粉丝 看过小狐狸吗 |
[14:04] | Are you kidding? | 怎么可能没看过 |
[14:08] | Serena made me see it, like, what, three times? | 瑟琳娜逼我看了 好像是三遍 |
[14:11] | She’s obsessed with Bette Davis. | 她迷死贝蒂·戴维斯了[好莱坞著名女星] |
[14:14] | Yeah, Bette Davis. | 没错 贝蒂·戴维斯 |
[14:15] | I, um… | 我 |
[14:18] | I love her eyes. Her hair is harlow gold. | 我喜欢她的双眸 她有哈露般的金发[美国艳星] |
[14:21] | – Hey, listen. I’m gonna take off, okay? – I’ll come with. | -我得走了 行吗 -我跟你一起走 |
[14:23] | Oh, I was just gonna tell you my take on the play. | 我正打算告诉你关于剧本的设想呢 |
[14:25] | Yes, that’s a great idea. | 对 听起来不错 |
[14:27] | Don’t go, please. | 别走 拜托了 |
[14:29] | Nate, do you mind? | 内特 你介意吗 |
[14:30] | No, no. It’s, uh, it’s cool. Listen I have… | 不 不 很好 我还得 |
[14:33] | Lines to practice anyway, so I’ll go now. | 还得去排练 先走了 |
[14:42] | So… | 那么 |
[14:43] | You know, uh, Nate’s got the right idea. | 我觉得 内特说得对 |
[14:45] | I didn’t realize how late it was. | 我都没注意到已经很晚了 |
[14:47] | Let me just grab the check. | 我去结账吧 |
[14:52] | Thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[14:53] | Serena, I know you like him, but as your friend, | 瑟琳娜 我知道你喜欢他 但作为朋友 |
[14:56] | Julian is the most self-absorbed, | 朱利安是我见过最固执己见 |
[14:58] | Pompous person I’ve ever met. | 最傲慢自大的人 |
[14:59] | All he does is go on and on about classic movies, | 他只知道对古典电影喋喋不休 |
[15:01] | And it’s totally annoying. | 真是烦死人了 |
[15:02] | You were keeping up with him pretty good there. | 你跟他好像很能聊得来嘛 |
[15:04] | Yeah, and I’m totally annoying. | 没错 但我也快烦死了 |
[15:09] | Thanks, ladies. Don’t worry. It’s taken care of. | 谢谢 女士们 已经搞定了 |
[15:11] | – And, uh, it’s been a lot of fun. – It has. | -晚餐也很有趣 -的确 |
[15:15] | Uh, you know, | 知道吗 |
[15:16] | All this talk about Bette Davis has–has | 关于贝蒂·戴维斯的讨论 |
[15:18] | Really got me thinking about my character. | 让我对角色有了重新的思考 |
[15:20] | You know, I think I could use some | 我觉得在表演之前 |
[15:21] | More coaching before the show. | 我还需要一些辅导 |
[15:23] | – What do you say? – Sure. Say 4:00? Text me your address. | -你觉得呢 -当然 四点如何 把你地址发给我 |
[15:27] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[15:32] | – So what are you up to? – You mean, what are we up to? | -你有什么打算 -你是说 我们有什么打算 |
[15:35] | I may not be a huge classic film buff, | 或许我不是个超级古典电影迷 |
[15:37] | But I have read “Cyrano.” | 但我看过西拉诺哦 |
[15:40] | Hey. Sorry. When I finally came out, you were gone. So… | 抱歉 我最后出来时你已经走了 所以 |
[15:43] | You were great in the play. I just– | 你演得很好 我就… |
[15:45] | No, I-I meant with Rachel. | 不 我是说你和雷切尔 |
[15:46] | Do you, like–did she respond? | 你 她有什么反应吗 |
[15:47] | Uh, yeah. She wrote a note. | 是 她写了张纸条 |
[15:51] | All right, w-well, great. Where is it? | 好的 很好 在哪呢 |
[15:54] | Um, dad has it. | 在老爸那里 |
[16:07] | – Mr. Humphrey– – I believe this belongs to you. | -汉弗瑞先生 -我觉得这是你的 |
[16:16] | Poor Miss Iowa– caught playing Mrs. Robinson. | 可怜的爱荷华小姐 却成了罗宾逊夫人 |
[16:20] | Looks like the teacher just got schooled. | 看起来老师也受到教育了哦 |
[16:30] | Dan, we need to talk. | 丹 我们得谈谈 |
[16:31] | Well, I’ve got nothing to say. | 我没什么好说的 |
[16:32] | I went to see Miss Carr last night. | 我昨晚去见了卡尔小姐 |
[16:33] | This thing between the two of you–it’s over. | 你们之间的一切都结束了 |
[16:36] | Well, we’ll see. | 是吗 走着瞧 |
[16:37] | You cannot be this short-sighted. | 你不能这样鼠目寸光 |
[16:38] | If word gets out about this, you’ll be expelled. | 如果有闲话传出去 你会被开除的 |
[16:40] | Miss Carr will be fired for good. | 卡尔小姐也会丢掉饭碗 |
[16:41] | Well, Miss Carr is the one who sent me the key. | 是卡尔小姐把钥匙给我的 |
[16:42] | So presumably, she understands that risk | 由此可见 她了解这些风险 |
[16:44] | And she’s making her own decision. | 并且作出了自己的决定 |
[16:45] | However grown-up you think you are, | 不管你是否觉得自己已经成年 |
[16:47] | You’re still in high school. | 你还是个高中生 |
[16:48] | I care about Rachel, all right? And I’m 18. | 我在乎雷切尔 行吗 而且我已经18岁了 |
[16:50] | So with all due respect, I think I’ll decide who I see. | 恕我直言 我有权决定和谁约会 |
[16:59] | Oh, do go on, newland. | 请继续 新大陆 |
[17:00] | I do love your descriptions. | 我很喜欢你的描述 |
[17:03] | Well, why shouldn’t we make them real? | 我们何不亲自前去一游呢 |
[17:05] | We shall, my dearest, of course, next year. | 当然 亲爱的 明年吧 |
[17:10] | See, May is all about what’s proper. | 听着 五月是最合适的 |
[17:14] | You’ve read other Wharton novels, right? | 你看过沃顿的其它作品 对吧 |
[17:16] | “The House of Mirth”? | “欢乐之家” |
[17:18] | Yes. yes, I-I have. | 对 对 我看过 |
[17:20] | Good, because “House of Mirth” | 很好 因为”欢乐之家” |
[17:22] | Was a huge influence on clayton. | 对克莱顿有极大的影响 |
[17:24] | Jack Clayton. He directed “the great gatsby.” | 杰克·克莱顿 他导演了”了不起的盖茨比” |
[17:26] | Jack Clayton, “Gatsby.” | 杰克·克莱顿 “盖茨比” |
[17:28] | Most critics consider it a failed adaptation. | 许多批评家认为这是个败笔 |
[17:29] | No offense, Mr. Film Fanatic, | 恕我冒昧 狂热影迷先生 |
[17:31] | But I-I don’t think the movie was nearly as good as the book. | 我觉得电影并不如原著那般出色 |
[17:35] | I don’t disagree. | 我不反对 |
[17:37] | Why do you say so? | 为什么这么说 |
[17:39] | Some blame Clayton’s direction, | 有人指责克莱顿的导演水平 |
[17:40] | Others point the finger at Coppola’s screenplay. | 还有人对科波拉的剧本指手画脚 |
[17:42] | In “the times,” vincent canby said– | 文森特·坎比在泰晤士报中说 |
[17:44] | – Whoa. Slow down. – Excuse me? | -慢一点 -什么 |
[17:46] | No excuse me. | 没什么 |
[17:47] | It’s just that sometimes my thoughts come so fast that I, uh, | 有时我的思绪转得太快了 我 |
[17:52] | I get confused. | 我有点迷糊 |
[17:53] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:53] | From now on, I’ll say a line, | 现在开始 我一句句说 |
[17:54] | And all you have to do is repeat it exactly. | 你只要逐句重复就行了 |
[17:56] | You’re quite right. | 你说得对 |
[17:57] | The film is… impotent. | 那部电影 大失水准 |
[18:00] | It totally misses what the book is even about– | 完全偏离了原著 特别是 |
[18:02] | The eternal conflict between the repression of | 压抑的社会与个人的热情 |
[18:05] | Society and the passion of the individual. | 之间的种种内部矛盾 |
[18:08] | You are so insightful, Julian. | 你很有见解 朱利安 |
[18:11] | I completely agree about the power of unexpressed passion. | 我完全赞成这种被压抑热情的强大力量 |
[18:14] | You know, you are so insightful, Julian. | 你真是见解深刻 朱利安 |
[18:16] | I completely agree about the power of unexpressed passion. | 我完全赞同这种被压抑热情的强大力量 |
[18:27] | I have to confess, I underestimated you. | 不得不承认 我低估了你 |
[18:30] | You’re quite extraordinary. | 你很超凡脱俗 |
[18:34] | Shall we get back to the scene? | 我们再回到剧本上吧 |
[18:41] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[18:43] | I’m sorry. Just one second. | 对不起 等我一下 |
[18:45] | It’s a text. | 有条短信 |
[18:49] | Yale’s hallowed halls have gone to hell. | 耶鲁之门神圣不再 |
[18:51] | S. got accepted, but not for her s.a.t. scores. | S得以胜出 并不是因为其SAT分数 |
[18:56] | Allowing a press release was her only prerequisite. | 她的唯一先决条件是发布一篇新闻稿 |
[19:01] | I have to go. | 我要挂了 |
[19:05] | I-I lost track of time again. | 我 我又没时间概念了 |
[19:06] | We’re late for the theater. Are you ready to go? | 去剧院要晚了 准备好了吗 |
[19:08] | Yeah. Yeah. | 是 是 |
[19:11] | Good to see you, Hayley. | 很高兴见到你 海莉 |
[19:14] | – Or should I call you Elle? – sorry I ran off like that. | – 还是要称呼你艾丽 – 抱歉我就那么走了 |
[19:18] | I just didn’t know if I could trust you or not. | 当时不知道是否能信任你 |
[19:20] | Baizen, you know I’m not your biggest fan, | 拜曾 你知道我不是他很喜欢你 |
[19:21] | – But you are an expert at crossing borders. – I’m happy to oblige. | -你总是不守规矩 -乐意效劳 |
[19:26] | Especially if it means having Chuck Bass owe me a favor. | 特别是恰克·拜斯欠我人情的时候 |
[19:28] | But my passport guy– he’s a bit of a paranoid freak. | 但做护照的那人 有点偏执狂 |
[19:31] | – He won’t like an entourage. – I understand. | -他不喜欢外人 -我了解 |
[19:33] | Look, you take Elle, and I’ll meet you at Teterboro. | 你带艾丽走 我们在泰特波罗见 |
[19:38] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[19:40] | Thank you. I’m so grateful. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[19:49] | Don’t worry, Bass. | 别担心 拜斯 |
[19:51] | We’ll take care of her. | 交给我们没问题 |
[19:58] | I’ve lost everything. | 我什么都没了 |
[19:59] | I’m humiliated and shunned. | 被羞辱 被孤立 |
[20:04] | They’ve made me a flesh-and-blood countess olenska. | 把我弄的像奥兰斯卡伯爵夫人再世一样 |
[20:07] | You are an actress. | 你现在是演员 |
[20:09] | Pour it into the role. use pain onstage. | 把感情倾泻倒角色上 到台上去伤心 |
[20:15] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[20:17] | I’m an actress. | 我是演员 |
[20:19] | no… | 不 |
[20:22] | I’m a seagull. | 我是一只海鸥 |
[20:23] | No, you’re a shameless bitch. | 胡扯 你是个无耻的婊子 |
[20:26] | Now what? | 现在又怎么了 |
[20:27] | Everything you’ve done | 你做的每件事 |
[20:28] | spreading rumors about who I’ve had sex with, | 散播谣言说我和谁上床了 |
[20:31] | What alley I puked in | 我在哪个巷子里吐了 |
[20:33] | Or telling Dean Berube that I killed pete fairman | 告诉伯鲁比院长我杀了皮特·法尔曼 |
[20:37] | I forgave everything all because I thought one | 所有的事我都原谅了 我以为 |
[20:38] | Day you’d grow up, but putting out a “gossip girl” blast | 你终会成熟 但弄个八卦爆料 |
[20:41] | about yale and the press release | 说我和耶鲁还有新闻稿 |
[20:43] | Serena, I didn’t put out the blast. | 瑟琳娜 那不是我发的 |
[20:45] | At least have the dignity not to lie to my face. | 有点自尊 别当我面撒谎 |
[20:47] | wait. but I’m not lying. | 等等 我没撒谎啊 |
[20:49] | Only two people knew about it–you and Dan | 只有两个知道这事 你和丹 |
[20:51] | and dan would never do something like that. | 丹绝对不会做这种事 |
[20:52] | I always want to believe the best in you, Blair. | 我总想相信你有好的一面 布莱尔 |
[20:55] | The bottom line is, betrayal’s in your nature. | 说白了 你天生喜欢背叛 |
[21:06] | I didn’t do it, Dorota. | 多洛塔 那不是我做的 |
[21:09] | I believe you, miss Blair. | 我相信你 布莱尔小姐 |
[21:11] | And if I didn’t, that means Dan Humphrey did. | 不是我做的 就是丹·汉弗瑞做的 |
[21:13] | Vanessa told him about marcus, and he could’ve put that out, too, | 瓦内萨跟他说过马库斯 他可以把那个也爆了 |
[21:16] | All to get back at me for teacher-gate. | 为”教室门”报仇 |
[21:17] | Do you know how hard it is to get revenge | 每五分钟换个敌人 |
[21:19] | When your enemy is changing every five minutes? | 你知道这样子要复仇有多难吗 |
[21:21] | You need to calm nerves and warm vocal chord. you want tea? | 放松神经 暖暖嗓子 要不要喝茶 |
[21:26] | No, I want dan Humphrey’s head on a platter. | 不 我要用汉弗瑞的头打出本垒打 |
[21:31] | Rachel, hey, hey. I’ve been looking for you everywhere. | 雷切尔 等等 我到处找你呢 |
[21:33] | – We have to talk. – no, no, dan. we need to stay away from each other. | – 我们得谈谈 – 不不 丹 我们不能在一起 |
[21:35] | My dad showed up at your house. | 我爸到你家去了 |
[21:36] | – We need to at least discuss this. – people are coming. | -至少得说说这件事 -有人过来了 |
[21:47] | It was reckless of me to respond to your note. | 我想都没想就回复了你的便条 |
[21:49] | Rachel… | 雷切尔 |
[21:51] | What are we doing? | 我们在干吗啊 |
[21:54] | I-i can’t help myself. | 我不能控制自己 |
[21:58] | Am I supposed to pretend I’m not feeling what I’m feeling? | 难道我要装作不喜欢你吗 |
[22:01] | You know this can’t last. | 你知道这长不了的 |
[22:04] | What can’t? | 什么长不了 |
[22:06] | Our staying away from each other. | 我们俩互相逃避 |
[22:54] | Oh, mother’s carriage has arrived. | 母亲的马车来了 |
[22:56] | – Do excuse me, dear. – of course. | -抱歉 亲爱的 -好的 |
[23:00] | So what happened with julian? | 朱利安这事怎么了 |
[23:02] | We were in the middle of it, and then you just hung up. | 正说得兴起 你就挂了 |
[23:04] | oh, sorry. I had to get off the phone. | 抱歉 我得挂电话 |
[23:05] | But I shall never let her see the least signs that I am | 但我绝对不会让她知道 |
[23:08] | Conscious of there being a shadow on poor ellen olenska’s reputation. | 是我有意毁了可怜的艾伦·奥兰斯卡的名声 |
[23:13] | – I’ll explain later. – the next day, | -待会给你解释 -第二天 |
[23:14] | mrs. Manson mingott received the young couple at a large | 梅森·明格特在中央公园私人领地中 |
[23:17] | House in an inaccessible wilderness in the central park. | 一幢大房子里接见了这对年轻夫妇 |
[23:21] | Girl, bring me my fan. | 把我的扇子拿来 |
[23:23] | Yes. right away, ma’am. | 好的 夫人 |
[23:29] | Mr. archer and miss welland. | 阿契尔先生和沃林德小姐 |
[23:31] | At last. I was beginning to think you were so besotted | 终于来了 我还在想 你们沉醉于爱情 |
[23:34] | With love you’d forgotten about your old grandmother. | 把你们的老外婆都忘了 |
[23:36] | And when is the wedding to be? | 婚礼是什么时候 |
[23:39] | – Thank you for meeting me, mr. campbell. – oh, it’s my pleasure, Chuck. | -坎贝尔先生 谢谢你来见我 -恰克 是我的荣幸 |
[23:42] | Your father was one of my closest friends. | 你父亲是我最好的朋友 |
[23:45] | Which is why I was hoping you could help me with something. | 所以希望你能帮我解决一点事 |
[23:47] | My father was a member of a club. | 我父亲曾是某俱乐部会员 |
[23:49] | Oh, I can get you off the waiting list at any place in town. just name it. | 我能帮你进入任何俱乐部 随便说 |
[23:52] | I’m not talking racket sports. this is a gentlemen’s club. | 不是网球 那是个绅士俱乐部 |
[23:55] | As it happens, carter baizen is a member, too. | 碰巧的是 卡特·拜曾也是会员 |
[23:57] | – I’m not acquainted with mr. baizen. – yesterday, park avenue winter? | -我和拜曾先生不熟 -昨天 在派克大街冬季餐馆 |
[24:01] | – You left right when he did. – I don’t remember when I left. | -你们俩前后脚走的 -我不记得什么时候走的 |
[24:04] | And I don’t know anything about a gentlemen’s club. | 我也不知道什么绅士俱乐部 |
[24:07] | The club moves every month. | 这个俱乐部每月都换地方 |
[24:09] | There are girls there. | 那里也有女郎 |
[24:11] | My. my, my. | 天哪 |
[24:14] | Well, Chuck… | 恰克 |
[24:17] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我完全不知道你在说什么 |
[24:19] | Someone I care about is in trouble, | 有个我关心的人遇到麻烦 |
[24:21] | And this club has something to do with it. | 和这俱乐部有关 |
[24:23] | Now knowing my father was a member, | 我父亲曾经是会员 |
[24:25] | It only stands to reason that his closest friends were, too. | 显然他最好的朋友也是会员 |
[24:28] | When I go to the authorities, | 如果我找到警方 |
[24:30] | I’ll have to suggest they investigate everyone. | 我会让他们调查每个人 |
[24:33] | I’m sorry about your friend, but I don’t know anything that could help. | 我对你朋友感到遗憾 但我无能为力 |
[24:39] | Have a good evening. | 晚安 |
[24:41] | Mr. campbell, please. | 坎贝尔先生 拜托了 |
[24:45] | I care about her. | 我很在乎她 |
[24:47] | I can’t say anything. | 我必须守口如瓶 |
[25:05] | Eastview Hotel 10:30p.m. | 东区 宾馆 晚上10:30 |
[25:12] | The great uta hagen used to tell actors, | 伟大的乌塔·海根曾跟演员说过 |
[25:15] | “give birth to the new person you are to become.” | “演绎角色时 让自己重生” |
[25:19] | Well, with act one behind you and act two looming, my friends, | 朋友们 第一幕已完成 第二幕即将开始 |
[25:24] | You are still in labor. | 生产还未完成 |
[25:27] | I feel like I’m in labor. | 我就是这种感觉 |
[25:31] | Remember, being onstage… | 记住 在舞台上 |
[25:33] | Is like standing on the edge of a cliff. | 就像站在悬崖边 |
[25:35] | What saves you | 能救你们的 |
[25:37] | Is the love and trust you have in each other. | 就是对别人的爱和信任 |
[25:41] | Also, my friend, the renowned “new york times” theater critic, | 还有 纽约时报著名的戏剧评论家 |
[25:43] | Charles isherwood, is in the audience, and if you embarrass me, | 查尔斯·伊修伍德在观众席中 如果你们让我难堪 |
[25:46] | I will kill you. now go. | 就杀了你们 去吧 |
[25:49] | Mr. isherwood, thank you so much for coming. | 伊修伍德先生 感谢您的到来 |
[25:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:52] | – Are you enjoying the show? – yes. yes. | -您喜欢这次演出吗 -是的 |
[26:00] | – What happened to you? you were supposed to come by and get me. – I’m sorry. | -你怎么了 本来要来接我的 -抱歉 |
[26:03] | You stood me up and your only explanation is “sorry”? | 你放我鸽子 就只说声抱歉吗 |
[26:06] | Nate, what is going on? | 内特 怎么回事 |
[26:08] | Nate, I told you. | 内特 我告诉过你 |
[26:09] | Your character went bankrupt, suffered total public humiliation. | 你的角色破产了 被公众耻笑 |
[26:13] | Not that you would understand that. | 不是你理解的那样 |
[26:15] | The characters in this play are smoldering tempests of emotion. | 这个剧的角色都感情丰富 |
[26:20] | You’re… as empty as… | 你的表演苍白得就像… |
[26:23] | The federal reserve. | 联储局的人 |
[26:27] | Nate, wait. | 内特 等等 |
[26:27] | No. I gotta go work on my smoldering tempest of emotion. | 不行 我得去发泄下我心中的怒火 |
[26:32] | Don’t you think that was a little harsh? | 你不觉得你说话有点过分了吗? |
[26:34] | Directors push buttons to get performances. | 严师出高徒 |
[26:37] | Put your camera on a tripod. come watch the show. | 把你的摄影机放在三脚架上 来看戏吧 |
[26:48] | what a pretty carriage. | 多漂亮的马车啊 |
[26:53] | Every time I see you, you happen to me all over again. | 每次见到你 我都被你迷倒 |
[26:57] | Ellen, you might be the most honest woman I’ve ever met. | 爱伦 你是我见过的最诚实的女人 |
[27:03] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[27:04] | Oh, no, but one of the least fussy. | 别这么说 最朴素的之一还差不多 |
[27:06] | You’re trying to ruin my life. you’re insane. | 你想毁了我的生活 你疯了 |
[27:08] | You must know that this can’t last. | 你得知道这不能长久 |
[27:12] | What can’t? | 什么不能长久? |
[27:15] | Our being together… | 我们俩在一起… |
[27:19] | And not being together. | 然后不在一起 |
[27:20] | Don’t try to gaslight me, humphrey. | 汉弗瑞 别再让我丢脸了 |
[27:22] | I know you’re just seeking revenge | 我知道你只是想报复我 |
[27:23] | Because I ruined your chances with the simpy iowa teacher. | 因为我毁了你和从爱荷华来的小老师在一起的机会 |
[27:25] | And incredible as it may seem, | 看起来很神奇吧 |
[27:26] | not everyone spends their lives trying to plot revenge. | 并不是所有人都成天想着报仇 |
[27:28] | You ought not to have come today. | 你今天不该来的 |
[27:29] | I look forward to seeing you. | 我很想见你 |
[27:31] | Every thought is burnt up in a great flame. | 无法自拔地想你 |
[27:39] | Someone is out to get me, and all signs point to you. | 有人想整我 所有证据都证明那个人就是你 |
[27:51] | You’re the only one who knew it all. it has to be you. | 你是唯一知道事情真相的人 肯定是你干的 |
[28:13] | Six or seven days passed, | 六七天过去了 |
[28:15] | and archer heard nothing from madam olenska. | 阿契尔一直没有奥兰斯卡的消息 |
[28:17] | Then one day, the newland archers received an invitation | 然后有一天 纽兰的阿契尔一家收到了明哥特夫人的 |
[28:22] | To dine at mrs.Mingott’s. | 晚餐邀请 |
[28:25] | May, what a pretty gown. | 梅 多美的礼服啊 |
[28:27] | Oh, thank you. how are you feeling, granny? | 谢谢 你最近怎样啊 奶奶 |
[28:29] | People tell me I’m old and ill, but I feel perfectly fine. | 人们都说我又老又病 但我感觉一切都很好 |
[28:33] | Hey. here. | 拿着 |
[28:35] | That charm will prove useful when “beu-fort” arrives. | 等”毕欧福特”来了他一定会被你吸引 |
[28:37] | I want him to feel welcomed. uh, beau-beaufort. | -我想让他感觉到宾至如归 -是贝奥福特 |
[28:40] | Oh. right. beaufort. | 没错 贝奥福特 |
[28:46] | Granny? | 奶奶 |
[28:48] | My child, your beauty never wanes. | 我的孩子 你永远那么美 |
[28:51] | Ellen, it’s been too long. | 艾伦 好久不见 |
[28:53] | Much too long, cousin. | 的确太久了 我的侄女 |
[28:55] | It was–it was really great of julian to let vanessa film it. | 朱利安让瓦内萨来当摄影太好了 |
[28:58] | I guess she says he’s an amazing director. is that right? | 我想她会认为他是个很棒的导演 是吧 |
[29:01] | Nate, that’s your cue. go, go! okay. sorry. | -内特 该你上场了 快! – 好的! 抱歉 |
[29:05] | Beaufort, so, so good of you to come. | 贝奥福特 你能来真是太好了 |
[29:08] | Uh, they say you’ve been abroad. | 他们说你出国了 |
[29:10] | Well, yes. I’ve–i’ve been, um… | 没错 我去了… |
[29:15] | I’ve been, um, you… | 我去了…你… |
[29:17] | Uh, they–they say you’ve been abroad, right? | 他们…他们说你出国了 是吧 |
[29:19] | Yes. I’ve, um… he’s always had trouble with this line. | -是的 我… -他总是忘词 |
[29:23] | I… | 我… |
[29:25] | You know what? whatever. y-y-you want feelings? | 知道么 管他呢 你想要感情? |
[29:28] | Well, i-i-i hate these clothes, | 好吧 我恨这些服装 |
[29:31] | I hate this play and I hate pretentious | 我恨这破剧 还有虚情假意 |
[29:33] | Asshats who try and steal other people’s girlfriends. | 某个王八蛋想抢别人的女朋友 |
[29:36] | In fact, | 实际上 |
[29:36] | I might just spontaneously punch one next time you get in my face. | 下次也许我再看到你就会自然地想打人 |
[29:42] | I know just how mr.Beaufort feels | 我知道刚才贝奥福特的感受 |
[29:45] | — working so hard for something | 为了某个东西费尽心力 |
[29:47] | And losing it because people are out to destroy you. | 却最终由于某人的破坏失去了它 |
[29:51] | Well, countess, | 伯爵夫人 |
[29:52] | At least you don’t have to go through your whole life | 至少你不用在你的一生中 |
[29:54] | Worried your best friend will humiliate and betray you. | 担心你最好的朋友会侮辱和背叛你 |
[29:59] | I hate this fat suit. oh, and there’s one other thing. | -我特别讨厌这胖衣服 -还有一件事 |
[30:01] | My whole family lost all of our money | 我的家庭在我爸因贪污入狱前 |
[30:04] | Before my father went to jail for embezzlement. | 丢掉了所有的钱 |
[30:06] | So I think I know more about humiliation andbankruptcy… | 我认为我对于羞辱和破产有更深的理解… |
[30:09] | All right, all right. than some lame dilettante director. okay? | -好了好了 -相对那些肤浅的导演来说 |
[30:12] | Oh, what amusing companions. no, stop. | -真是群有趣的演员 -别说了 |
[30:13] | Oh… my… god. | 我的天啊… |
[30:16] | No. I’m damned with van der luyden. | 不 我对于范德·莱登一家已经厌烦了 汉弗里 |
[30:20] | all right. | 好吧 |
[30:25] | Shakespeare says, “all’s well that ends well,” | 莎士比亚说过 “结果好一切都好” |
[30:28] | And then sometimes it just ends. | 有些事就这么结束了 |
[30:39] | Nate had already ruined everything. | 内特已经把一切都搞砸了 |
[30:42] | You high school idiots turned my play into a travesty, | 你那白痴高中生把我的演出变成了闹剧 |
[30:46] | Embarrassed me professionally. | 还侮辱我的专业水平 |
[30:47] | julian, it’s charles isherwood. | 朱利安 查尔斯·伊修伍德来了 |
[30:50] | Charles. please, i-i can explain. | 查尔斯 我要解释下 |
[30:52] | explain what? I loved it. | 解释什么? 我很喜欢这个剧 |
[30:53] | The classic interpretation of the first act juxtaposed with the radical | 第一幕的古典主义与第二幕的 |
[30:57] | Deconstruction of the second act–genius. | 解构主义 真是天才 |
[31:01] | really? you–you thought it was genius? | 真的? 你觉得那是天才的演出? |
[31:03] | Yeah, I did. | 没错 |
[31:04] | The repressed characters melding with the actual kids | 压抑的角色中融合了 |
[31:06] | Aggressively expressing their feelings– how did you come up with it? | 孩子情感的真切表达 你怎么想到这么演的? |
[31:11] | well,as soon as I saw all that raw, adolescent emotion, | 当我看到那原始的青春期躁动 |
[31:17] | I-i-i knew I had to use it, harness it, spin it into gold. | 我意识到我得利用它 将它为剧情所用 |
[31:19] | Well, congratulations. | 恭喜了 |
[31:20] | I look forward to seeing what you do next. | 我期待你的下一个作品 |
[31:22] | G–that’s great. thank you for coming. thanks. | 太好了 谢谢你的光临 |
[31:29] | Wow. that was a whole new level of fake. | 这慌撒得真有水平 |
[31:32] | I’m going to look for my boyfriend. good job. | 我去找我男朋友了 干得好 |
[31:39] | You know, I don’t know why I ever had a crush on you. | 我不知道我当时怎么会喜欢上你的 |
[31:42] | Serena… | 瑟琳娜… |
[31:44] | I’m gay. | 我是同性恋 |
[31:56] | Nate, wh– what happened up there? | 内特 刚才是怎么了? |
[32:02] | I know you’re into him, and I get it. | 我知道你喜欢他 我很理解 |
[32:03] | I mean, he’s older, he’s smarter, and you guys like the same stuff. | 他更成熟 更聪明 你们女生都喜欢的那种 |
[32:07] | I can’t compete. you what? | -我可比不了 -你什么? |
[32:10] | I came to the gallery today and heard you on the phone. | 我今天去了画廊 听到你的电话了 |
[32:15] | Oh, my god. are you talking about julian? | 天啊 你在说朱利安吗? |
[32:17] | I was talking to serena. she was with him. | 我和瑟琳娜通话呢 她喜欢上他了 |
[32:19] | She’s the one who likes him, not me. | 是她喜欢上了他 不是我 |
[32:21] | This is a total misunderstanding. | 这完全是个误会 |
[32:30] | Well, you know, that doesn’t change the facts. | 不管了 这也于事无补 |
[32:34] | All right? I mean, we have nothing in common. | 我们毫无共同点 |
[32:37] | I like espn, okay, and you like… | 我喜欢体育 而你却喜欢… |
[32:41] | Books and movies. | 读书和看电影 |
[32:42] | The way you say that… | 你说话的方式… |
[32:45] | You didn’t even bother to read “age of innocence.” | 你根本没想过去读”无辜的年龄” |
[32:47] | You didn’t watch the dvd I gave you. | 我给你的DVD你也没看过 |
[32:48] | You’re like a kid who swears he hates | 你就像孩子一样发誓他厌恶番茄 |
[32:50] | Tomatoes and has never even tried one. | 实际却从未尝过一口 |
[32:56] | Maybe you should be with a guy like julian who already likes tomatoes. | 也许你该和喜欢番茄的人在一起 比如朱利安 |
[33:00] | Maybe if you would put in some effort, you wouldn’t be so insecure. | 如果你努力一点 你就不会那么没安全感 |
[33:12] | Elle. | 艾丽 |
[33:14] | Chuck. how did you– escape? turns out they didn’t want to hurt me. | -恰克 你怎么…逃出来了? 看来他们并不想伤害我 |
[33:17] | They just wanted me to sign an agreement. | 他们只是想叫我签一个协议 |
[33:19] | They gave me some cash and told me to get out of town. | 他们已经给了我一些钱叫我离开 |
[33:22] | that’s great. Sao paolo awaits. | 太好了 圣保罗 |
[33:24] | Sao paolo? brazil. | 圣保罗 巴西 |
[33:25] | I can still help you get settled, | 我还是会帮助你安定下来 |
[33:26] | and we can make a plan together. | 然后我们可以一起制定未来计划 |
[33:28] | Chuck, I am really grateful that you were willing to help me, | 恰克 非常感谢你愿意帮助我 |
[33:31] | But all I needed was someone to give me money. | 但我所需要的是能给我钱的人 |
[33:34] | Now I have more than enough, | 现在我钱多的是 |
[33:36] | and I’ve already made a plan… | 我已经有计划了 |
[33:38] | By myself. | 我自己的计划 |
[33:45] | So you were just using me? | 原来你只是利用我而已 |
[33:49] | You’ve got a good heart. | 你是个好心人 |
[33:51] | You should give it to somebody who cares. | 你的好心应该给在意你的人 |
[34:02] | Hi. that was some performance. | -嗨 -那边有表演哦 |
[34:04] | It was nothing compared to yours. what do you mean? | -没什么可以和你相提并论 -你啥意思 |
[34:09] | You called yale, sent the blast in to “gossip girl” | 你打电话给耶鲁 爆料给”八卦天后” |
[34:12] | To get revenge on blair. | 作为对布莱尔的报复 |
[34:14] | I believed in you. | 我很信任你 |
[34:16] | All your talk about integrity and ideals. | 关于你所阐述的正直还有理想 |
[34:18] | My ideals? | 我的理想 |
[34:19] | Blair spread false rumors, blackmailed the school, | 布莱尔散布谣言 勒索学校 |
[34:22] | Turned my job into a sham with no repercussions. | 毫无愧疚的把我的工作逼入绝境 |
[34:26] | You’re just as bad as she is. | 你和她一样坏透了 |
[34:27] | No, you’re–you’re worse. | 不 你坏多了 |
[34:29] | Blair is a high schooler. you’re an adult. | 布莱尔只是个高中生 你是成年人 |
[34:31] | You need to fix things with blair. | 你必须和布莱尔把事情解决好 |
[34:32] | absolutely not. | 没这可能 |
[34:42] | You know how you felt when your ideals were crushed? | 你知道当理想幻灭时是什么感觉吗 |
[34:44] | Well, congratulations. you’ve crushed mine. | 很好 祝贺你 你刚破灭了我的理想 |
[34:49] | Hey, blair. | 布莱尔 |
[34:50] | It’s–it’s rachel who’s been messing with you, | 是雷切尔在污蔑你 |
[34:52] | And we had sex in the costume closet, | 我们在衣柜里发生过关系 |
[34:54] | So you can do whatever you want with that. | 随便你想怎么拿它做文章 |
[35:09] | Student sex in the costume closet– | 和学生在衣柜里乱搞 |
[35:12] | Is that what they mean by heartland values? | 这是不是他们所说的爆炸性新闻 |
[35:18] | I at least expected a denial. | 至少我希望是否认 |
[35:19] | No. I don’t deny it. | 不 我承认 |
[35:23] | Well, the headmistress told me my fate at yale is sealed. | 那么 女校长告诉我我的命运就是被耶鲁拒之门外 |
[35:28] | So the question is, how do I make your fate as bleak as mine? | 问题是 我该怎么让你和我一样悲凉收场 |
[35:33] | I don’t know what’s happened to me. | 我不知道我着了什么魔了 |
[35:35] | I… don’t know what I’ve become. | 我不知道我都成啥样了 |
[35:38] | I’m… | 我… |
[35:40] | So sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[35:55] | Well, your punishment is… | 那么 你的惩罚就是… |
[35:59] | Just… | 只是… |
[36:01] | Live with it. | 带着歉疚的活着 |
[36:03] | I should know. | 我该明白的 |
[36:06] | It’s not easy. | 这不好过 |
[36:20] | Serena. So just so you know, | 瑟琳娜 正如你所知 |
[36:23] | Blair isn’t responsible for–for sending out that blast about yale. | 布莱尔不是爆料耶鲁的罪魁祸首 |
[36:28] | I am. You? | 是我 你 |
[36:30] | Yeah, well, I told rachel about yale wanting to put out the press release, | 是的 我告诉雷切尔耶鲁打算发布新闻稿 |
[36:34] | And she sent it in to “gossip girl.” | 然后她爆料给了”八卦天后” |
[36:37] | but w-why would you do that? | 但是 你为什么这么做 |
[36:38] | I was trying to explain to her that you aren’t like the other girls here and | 我试着向她解释你和这里的女孩子不同 |
[36:41] | — i-i gotta go find blair. | 我要去找布莱尔 |
[36:43] | thank you for telling me. | 谢谢你告诉我 |
[36:57] | I’m… so sorry. | 我…很抱歉 |
[36:59] | And I get it if you don’t want to talk to me right now, | 如果你现在不想和我说话我能理解 |
[37:02] | but the fact is, | 但事实是 |
[37:03] | I come bearing snacks, | 我带了点零食 |
[37:07] | Hoping that we can cuddle on the couch and watch espn. | 希望我们可以坐在沙发上看看娱乐体育频道 |
[37:12] | come here. | 过来这里 |
[37:23] | You’re watching “the age of innocence”? | 你在看”纯真年代” |
[37:24] | It’s heartbreaking. | 这部电影太伤感了 |
[37:38] | So are you. | 你也一样 |
[37:40] | I am a way better beaufort. | 我在不断改进当中 |
[37:53] | I’m–i’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:54] | I-i know you were just looking out for me. | 我知道你只是在保护我 |
[37:57] | And rachel–well, she, uh, | 还有雷切尔 她 恩 |
[37:59] | She turned out to be not who I thought she was | 我发现她和我想的不一样 |
[38:01] | or at least not anymore. | 至少再也不是了 |
[38:05] | I’m sorry, too, son. | 我也很抱歉 儿子 |
[38:07] | Dad, you were right about this, but I think you… | 爸爸 这件事情上你是对的 但我认为你… |
[38:13] | Need to give me space to make my own mistakes. | 需要给我空间让我犯自己的错误 |
[38:16] | Well… | 那么… |
[38:19] | Lucky for you, you’ll be at yale soon. | 祝你好运 你就要进耶鲁了 |
[38:21] | You can make all the mistakes you want, with, god-willing, | 可以随心所欲的犯错了 情况允许的话 |
[38:24] | Girls your own age. | 和同龄的女孩 |
[38:39] | b., I’ve been looking everywhere for you. | 布莱尔 我在到处找你 |
[38:49] | I know that was rachel that sent the “gossip girl” blast. | 我知道是雷切尔向”八卦天后”爆料的 |
[38:53] | I’m sorry I didn’t believe you. | 很抱歉我没有相信你 |
[38:57] | Why would you? | 你为什么要相信我 |
[38:59] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[39:01] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[39:04] | Nine times out of ten, I would have sent the blast. | 十有八九都是我爆料的 |
[39:08] | Like you said, betrayal’s in my nature. | 如你所说 背叛是我的天性 |
[39:11] | I didn’t mean that. | 我不是那个意思 |
[39:12] | Spare me, serena. | 告诉我 瑟琳娜 |
[39:14] | I don’t need a stirring speech telling me what a good person I am. | 我不需要华丽的演讲来告诉我自己是个多好的人 |
[39:20] | I know I’m not. | 我知道我不是 |
[39:24] | Yale kicking me out is the karma I’ve earned. | 耶鲁把我拒之门外是我自作自受 |
[39:27] | Blair. | 布莱尔 |
[39:30] | Could you please leave? | 你能不能走开 |
[39:33] | I want to be alone. | 我想自己独处 |
[39:44] | You’re still my best friend. | 你始终是我最好的朋友 |
[39:59] | In life, as in art, some endings are bittersweet, | 生活就像艺术 有些结局总是喜乐半参 |
[40:03] | Especially when it comes to love. | 特别是和爱情有关的时候 |
[40:06] | So I know I sucked at the role of messenger, | 我知道我对送信一窍不通 |
[40:08] | but I found this by the door, | 但是我在门上找到这个 |
[40:09] | So I thought I’d try again. | 所以我想还是再试试看 |
[40:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:19] | Dan, I am going back to iowa, as you must have known. | 丹 我打算回爱荷华了 你必须知道 |
[40:23] | I am sorry for everything. | 我对所有一切感到很抱歉 |
[40:25] | As edith wharton wrote, “there is no one as kind as you, | 就像伊迪丝·华顿写的 “没有人可以像你一样好” |
[40:29] | “no one who gave me reasons I | 没有人像你给我理由让我明白 |
[40:31] | Understood for doing what at first seemed so hard.” | 怎么处理最初很棘手的问题 |
[40:35] | Thank you. r. | 谢谢你 |
[40:38] | Sometimes fate throws two lovers together, | 有时候命运将恋人结合在一起 |
[40:41] | only to rip them apart. | 只是为了将他们拆散 |
[40:55] | Miss blair is out, mr. chuck. | 布莱尔小姐出去了 恰克先生 |
[40:58] | I’ll wait. | 我会等 |
[41:05] | Sometimes the hero finally makes the | 有时候英雄最终做了正确的选择 |
[41:07] | Right choice but the timing is all wrong. | 但却不合时宜 |
[41:13] | And as they say, timing is everything. | 正如他们所说 把握时机就能掌控一切 |
[41:28] | Hello, beautiful. | 你好 美女 |
[41:34] | Carter. | 卡特 |
[41:36] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[41:42] | Buying you a drink. | 请你喝一杯 |
[42:00] | Looks like this story might just have a second act. | 看来故事还有续曲 |
[42:05] | Let’s hope it’s not a tragedy. | 让我们祈祷不是场悲剧 |
[42:08] | X.o.x.o., gossip girl. | “八卦天后” |