时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Gossip girl here, | “八卦天后”在此 |
[00:01] | your one and only source | 这是您了解曼哈顿名流们 |
[00:02] | into the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite. | 绯闻的唯一渠道 |
[00:05] | Well, I spoke with the parole board. | 我跟保释委员会谈过了 |
[00:06] | I gave them my address as | 我给了他们我的地址 |
[00:07] | where you’ll be reporting in January. | 作为你一月份报到的地点 |
[00:09] | I can’t tell you how much this means to me. | 这对我真的很重要 |
[00:10] | Thanks to you, my brother is currently serving | 托你的福 我哥现还没有坐完 |
[00:12] | a 5-year sentence. | 五年的牢 |
[00:14] | I never accused Ben of any crime. | 我从未起诉过本 |
[00:16] | I saw the affidavit. | 我看过口供书 |
[00:18] | I didn’t sign anything. | 我没有签过任何文件 |
[00:19] | Then who did? | 那是谁签的呢 |
[00:19] | Lily’s selling Bass industries. | 莉莉准备卖掉拜斯实业 |
[00:21] | I won’t let you do this, Lily. | 我不会让你得逞的 莉莉 |
[00:23] | Since my mom isn’t gonna help get Ben out of jail, | 既然我妈不打算帮我把本弄出来 |
[00:25] | I wanna find the judge whose name is on the affidavit. | 那我就自己去找审理那件案子的法官 |
[00:28] | Why don’t you come with me? | 你跟我一起去吧 |
[00:28] | Serena, I would love to go away with you, | 瑟琳娜 我很想跟你一起走 |
[00:30] | but it feels like this trip | 但我觉得这次旅行 |
[00:31] | is something you might need to do on your own. | 恐怕还得由你自己来完成 |
[00:32] | I-I promise you I’m gonna be very busy writing, | 我向你保证 我会忙着写东西 |
[00:34] | seeing “Ninette” at the film forum. | 去影院看《尼内特》 |
[00:36] | I’m seeing “Ninette” at film forum. | 我也要去影院看《尼内特》 |
[00:53] | It’s a cold new year, upper east siders. | 寒冷的新年将至 上东区贵族们 |
[00:56] | Time to donate that fall wardrobe to the help | 是时候将秋装捐给需要帮助的人们了 |
[00:59] | and to present the world with a better version of you… | 并向世界展示你更好的一面 |
[01:04] | which could mean facing your future… | 也就意味着面对未来 |
[01:10] | and forgetting past mistakes… | 同时忘记过去所犯的错误 |
[01:17] | Or finally settling on a brave new path. | 或是最终踏上一段英勇的全新征途 |
[01:21] | But a new year doesn’t wipe away old problems. | 可惜新的一年并不能擦除旧的问题 |
[01:29] | Well, welcome back. All this for two weeks? | 欢迎回来啊 呆两周就拿这点东西吗 |
[01:32] | I had no idea where my P.I. mission was gonna take me. | 我不知道我的康复任务要把我带到哪去 |
[01:35] | I had to be prepared. | 我得随时待命 |
[01:36] | For a night with Taylor Swift? | 你是要和泰勒·斯威夫特共度一夜吗 |
[01:39] | Aside from forging affidavits that send innocent men to jail, | 除了伪造供词 迫使无辜的人入狱 |
[01:43] | Judge Stephens also enjoys riding horses | 斯蒂芬斯法官还很喜欢在他 |
[01:45] | on his ranch in Virginia. | 位于弗吉尼亚的农场骑马 |
[01:47] | Well, someone did her research. | 看来某人早有预谋啊 |
[01:48] | Apparently, not enough, because he wasn’t there, | 这显然不够 因为他并不在那儿 |
[01:50] | and no one knew where he was, | 而且也没有人知道他身在何方 |
[01:51] | So I had to pull an Erin Brockovich and go down | 所以我必须永不妥协 并去趟 |
[01:53] | to the Litchfield County clerk’s office | 利奇菲尔德郡的秘书室 |
[01:55] | to try to get a copy of the case. | 试着拿到案件记录的复印件 |
[01:57] | And how’s this for irony? | 这有多么讽刺啊 |
[01:59] | Court records are public, | 法庭记录都是公开的 |
[02:00] | so you wore a push-up bra for no reason? | 你干嘛要费这么大的力气 |
[02:03] | No, the file was sealed | 不是 那些文件都被封存了 |
[02:05] | because the case involved a minor. | 因为这件案子涉及了未成年人 |
[02:07] | Just take me away from my problems. | 快让我忘掉这些问题吧 |
[02:09] | Please, tell me, | 求你了 跟我说说 |
[02:10] | what did you do over the break? | 你假期里都做了什么 |
[02:11] | Why? What did you hear? | 怎么了 你听说什么了吗 |
[02:14] | I… ate leftovers | 我… 享用了些残羹冷炙 |
[02:16] | and supervised Dorota taking down the tree, | 监督多洛塔把圣诞树拆卸下来 |
[02:18] | and I finally settled | 然后我终于决定好要 |
[02:19] | on who I want to intern for this semester. | 找谁做我这学期的实习导师了 |
[02:22] | Indra Nooyi– | 因德拉·努伊 |
[02:23] | “Forbes'” Number six | 在福布斯”全世界最有影响力的妇女” |
[02:25] | most powerful woman in the world. | 排行榜中排名第六 |
[02:26] | Wow. I’m impressed. | 真让我惊讶 |
[02:27] | As she will be once | 因为她会过来一趟 |
[02:29] | I figure out how to win her over | 所以我得在实习申请截止日之前 |
[02:32] | before the internship deadline, which, yes, is in three days. | 也就是三天后 设法赢得她的心 |
[02:35] | Did you… happen to see Dan over the break? | 假期里你有没有跟丹见过面 |
[02:38] | Why would I? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[02:40] | What’s going on with you two anyway? | 你们俩之间到底怎么了 |
[02:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[02:43] | I guess we’ll find out | 我想在下次全家早午餐时 |
[02:45] | how we both feel at family brunch. | 我们就能知道彼此的感觉了 |
[02:46] | Well, here’s my advice. | 好吧 这是我的建议 |
[02:49] | Have a little faith. | 相信自己 |
[02:50] | And if that doesn’t work, a lot of mimosas. | 如果行不通 就把自己灌醉吧 |
[03:01] | Hey, man. How was New Zealand? | 兄弟 在新西兰过得如何 |
[03:03] | I have to say, it was an extraordinary bust. | 我不得不说 真是波涛”胸”涌 |
[03:05] | Jack was out of the country. | 杰克早就离境了 |
[03:07] | Oh, I’m sorry. Man. | 真遗憾 兄弟 |
[03:08] | I knew you were counting on his help. | 我知道你希望得到他的帮助 |
[03:09] | As fate would have it, | 如果老天想要帮我 |
[03:11] | I might’ve found one last ally. | 那我总能找到最后的同盟 |
[03:12] | My father’s old friend Russell Thorpe | 我爸的一个老友 拉塞尔·索普 |
[03:14] | is in town from Chicago. | 刚从芝加哥来到城里 |
[03:16] | He’s hosting a party at Apella this afternoon. | 他今天下午要在阿皮拉举办一个派对 |
[03:17] | I’m on my way to his field office | 我正在去他外地办事处的路上 |
[03:19] | to see if I can get a meeting. | 看看是否能和他见上一面 |
[03:22] | Give it! | 加油 |
[03:23] | I hear you’ve kept yourself entertained in my absence. | 看来你趁我不在的时候玩得挺嗨啊 |
[03:25] | No, that’s not me. | 才没有 那不是我 |
[03:26] | That’s right. | 我就猜到 |
[03:27] | Your father’s out on parole. How’s it been? | 你爸爸假释出狱 情况如何 |
[03:30] | 40-15. | 四十比十五 |
[03:32] | I know he’s earned the right to blow off a little steam, | 我知道他难得有机会喘口气 |
[03:35] | but it’s been nothing but spas and restaurants and nightclubs. | 但他却沉溺于SPA 饭店和夜店 |
[03:39] | I mean, shouldn’t he be concentrating on–on his future? | 我是想说他难道不应该专注于以后的事吗 |
[03:41] | Perhaps you should dock his allowance. | 或许你该削减他的补助 |
[03:43] | Oh, yeah! Hey, Nate, need one more for a foursome. | 太棒了 内特 三缺一啦 |
[03:46] | You in, dude? | 你要来吗 老弟 |
[03:47] | That’s not what it sounded like. | 事情并不是你所听到的那样 |
[03:49] | But I should go. Good luck. | 我得挂了 祝你好运 |
[03:51] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[03:55] | Boom goes the dynamite! | 胜利是属于我的 |
[03:59] | People still use mailboxes? | 还有人在用邮筒吗 |
[04:01] | Oh. No, it’s Vanessa’s mail. | 不是 这是瓦内萨的信 |
[04:02] | She’s moving back into the dorms. | 她要回宿舍住了 |
[04:05] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回来 |
[04:09] | So… How was your break? What did you do? | 假期过得如何 你做了些什么 |
[04:12] | Why? What’d you hear? | 怎么了 你听说什么了吗 |
[04:13] | Nothing, which I’m afraid | 那倒没有 但我恐怕还得 |
[04:15] | is what I have to report from my road trip. | 跟上头汇报一下我的公路之旅 |
[04:18] | Mm. I’m sorry. I know you were hoping for some closure. | 抱歉 我知道你想结束一些事情 |
[04:21] | Well, my mom’s deviousness is the gift that keeps on giving. | 我妈的”好心”可是一个劲儿地用在我身上 |
[04:24] | So, for now at least, the past still lingers. | 所以 至少现在为止 之前的事还是阴魂不散 |
[04:28] | Uh, was brunch a special occasion? | 吃早午餐需要穿这么正式吗 |
[04:32] | No, no, no. I have an interview with writers house later. | 不不 我待会儿要去作家出版社面试 |
[04:34] | It’s a literary agency for my internship. | 是一家文学出版社 我要申请实习 |
[04:36] | Well, that’s the one good thing about being a freshman. | 大一新生就是这点好 |
[04:38] | I don’t have to think about that this year. | 起码我今年还不用考虑这件事 |
[04:41] | Mm, that and–and a lot of other things, it seems. | 你貌似还要顾虑其他的事吧 |
[04:44] | Dan, you knew my focus was fixing things for ben. | 丹 你知道我一直在忙本的事 |
[04:47] | I didn’t realize I had an ultimatum. | 我都没意识到我被下了最后通牒 |
[04:51] | You know, let’s go inside. It’s cold out. | 我们先进去吧 外边冷 |
[05:01] | Hey, I, uh, I wanted to call, but she wouldn’t let me. | 我本来想提前打个电话的 但她不让我打 |
[05:09] | Are you telling me it’s been a week, | 你是想跟我说都过了一周了 |
[05:12] | And you still can’t get me five minutes alone with Indra? | 你还没安排我跟因德拉的五分钟单独会面吗 |
[05:15] | She’s only here for two days before | 她只在这儿待两天 |
[05:17] | heading to Chennai tomorrow. Her schedule’s packed. | 明天就要去金奈 她的行程太满了 |
[05:19] | Oh, I’ve always wanted to go to India. | 我一直都想去印度 |
[05:21] | Can you get me a seat on her plane? | 能给我弄张跟她同一班的飞机吗 |
[05:23] | Or get me her itinerary. | 或者是把她的行程表给我 |
[05:25] | It’s being faxed over. | 已经传真过来了 |
[05:29] | go, go, go, go. | 快 快 快 |
[05:31] | Make a decision, Laurel, | 萝拉 快做个决定 |
[05:33] | Or I’ll make the last one you’ll hear. | 不然可就换我做决定了 |
[05:36] | Got it. | 行了 |
[05:38] | What are you girls doing? | 你们在做什么呢 |
[05:40] | Just solidifying the details of my internship. | 讨论关于我实习的一些相关细节 |
[05:43] | Oh, honey, that reminds me. | 亲爱的 我正要跟你说 |
[05:45] | I was thinking, why not work with me at waldorf designs? | 我在想 你不如来我的霍道夫设计室工作 |
[05:50] | You love fashion. | 你喜欢时装 |
[05:51] | Well, I also love a good pot au feu, | 我还喜欢法式烩牛排呢 |
[05:53] | But that doesn’t mean that I’m gonna build a career around it. | 可那不意味着我要从事那个行业啊 |
[06:00] | Well, I have a-a monster of a day. | 好吧 我今天可忙死了 |
[06:06] | Do you know how many women would kill to work with your mother? | 你不知道多少女孩拼命想在你妈妈手下工作吗 |
[06:09] | Yes, | 我知道 |
[06:10] | And they’re the jenny humphreys of the world. | 她们都是珍妮·汉弗瑞那一类货色 |
[06:14] | Indra’s itinerary. | 因德拉的行程表 |
[06:17] | Ugh. This isn’t hers, it’s my mother’s. | 这不是她的 是我妈妈的 |
[06:21] | And Indra’s on it. | 上面有因德拉 |
[06:23] | My mother’s dressing her for a party this afternoon. | 我妈妈为她今天下午的派对设计服装 |
[06:26] | Dorota! | 多洛塔 |
[06:31] | Well, mr. Thorpe can’t meet at noon, | 索普先生今天中午没时间见你 |
[06:33] | So you can push or you can cancel, | 所以你要么推迟要么取消 |
[06:35] | Whichever you prefer. Thought so. | 你自己决定 我也是这么想的 |
[06:40] | If I could impose on you to pop back up to the office | 如果我要求你现在回办公室 |
[06:42] | And tell mr. Thorpe chuck bass is here to see him. | 告诉索普先生 恰克·拜斯在这儿等他 |
[06:45] | I’ll take a coffee and today’s “Pravda” | 我会叫一杯咖啡 看看今天的《真理报》 |
[06:46] | If it’ll be a few minutes. | 等上几分钟 |
[06:47] | I’m sorry. Who are you? | 不好意思 请问你是谁 |
[06:49] | Chuck bass. | 恰克·拜斯 |
[06:50] | I just flew in from new zealand, | 我才从新西兰飞过来 |
[06:52] | Got the invitation to mr. Thorpe’s party. | 接到索普先生的邀请参加派对 |
[06:54] | Thought I’d stop by early to discuss business. | 所以我想事先跟他聊聊生意上的事 |
[06:57] | Would you mind telling me what this is regarding? | 你可以告诉我关于哪方面的事吗 |
[06:59] | I don’t usually expose my private matters | 我一般不向助理 |
[07:01] | To assistants. | 透露我的私人私事 |
[07:02] | “Assistant”? | 助理 |
[07:04] | I prefer the term “Secretary,” Don’t you? | 我更喜欢秘书这一词 你觉得呢 |
[07:06] | Why not just call things as you see them? | 我们何不开门见山呢 |
[07:08] | Couldn’t agree more. | 我也这么想 |
[07:10] | So since I’m sure your boss will see me, | 所以我确信你的上司会见我 |
[07:12] | If you just tell him I’m here– | 只要你告诉他 是我来了 |
[07:13] | That won’t be possible. | 那不可能 |
[07:15] | Let me save your job, sweetheart, | 让我来保住你的工作吧 甜心 |
[07:16] | And tell you why it is possible. | 顺便告诉你为什么这是可能的 |
[07:19] | I’m trying to block the potential sale | 我要设法阻止拜斯企业被交易出去 |
[07:21] | of bass industries, my dead father’s legacy. | 这是我过世的父亲留下的产业 |
[07:23] | And since mr. Thorpe and my father were business associates | 既然索普先生自创业时就跟我父亲是 |
[07:27] | When they were starting out, I’m sure he’d like | 合伙人 我相信 |
[07:29] | The opportunity to help me intervene. | 他会愿意帮助我的 |
[07:31] | I meant, that won’t be possible | 我之所以说这不可能 |
[07:33] | Because mr. Thorpe hasn’t touched down from chicago yet. | 是因为索普先生还没有从芝加哥回来 |
[07:35] | And I probably shouldn’t tell you this, | 我其实本不该跟你说这些的 |
[07:38] | But… | 但是… |
[07:40] | I’m listening. | 我在听呢 |
[07:41] | In my position here, I’m privy to certain information, | 以我在这的地位 我知道一些事情的内幕 |
[07:44] | And it appears you may be out of the loop. | 看起来似乎你什么都不知道 |
[07:47] | The potential sale of bass industries is very real. | 拜斯企业被交易是板上钉钉的事 |
[07:50] | There’s a deal on the table, | 这件事已被提上议程 |
[07:51] | And it’s fast-tracked to close in 24 hours. | 并将在24小时内完成交易 |
[07:53] | I’m guessing I’ll be seeing you at my boss’ party later? | 我想我们会在派对上见面的 |
[08:06] | I’m sorry for ambushing you guys, | 很抱歉 给你们设了点埋伏 |
[08:08] | But we need to start talking again… | 但我们得重新谈谈 |
[08:11] | All of us. | 跟你们所有人 |
[08:13] | Dan, how’s that internship search going? | 丹 你的实习找到了没有 |
[08:15] | Oh, that’s right. Maybe I can help. | 哦 对了 或许我帮的上忙 |
[08:17] | I can call one of my friends at Conde Nast. | 我可以给我康泰纳仕[著名媒体集团]的朋友打个电话 |
[08:19] | Hmm. Maybe you could, uh, | 也许你可以 |
[08:20] | Forge your signature on the cover letter? | 直接在信封外面伪造一个签名 |
[08:22] | serena. | 瑟琳娜 |
[08:24] | This talking thing’s going great. | 这下谈话内容精彩了 |
[08:26] | What I wanna know is how many times | 我只是想知道 |
[08:27] | You got your hair done this week | 当一个无辜的人在监狱里煎熬的时候 |
[08:28] | While an innocent man sat in prison. | 你这星期内做了几次头发 |
[08:30] | Serena. | 瑟琳娜 |
[08:31] | Contrary to what you might believe, | 与你所想的刚好相反 |
[08:32] | I’m handling this in a way that is best for this family, | 我这么处理 都是为了这个家 |
[08:35] | and we’re not gonna discuss it anymore. | 我们别再讨论这件事了 |
[08:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:42] | I’m gonna make sure she’s okay. | 我去看看她 |
[08:45] | And… | 话说 |
[08:47] | I’m not hungry anymore, so I’ll see you at home. | 我也不饿 家里见 |
[08:54] | She’ll come around. Just give her time. | 她会没事的 给她点时间 |
[08:57] | Thank you for trusting me. | 谢谢你信任我 |
[09:00] | I’m, uh, I’m gonna go get our check and coats. | 我去结帐 顺便拿外套 |
[09:08] | Oh, judge Stephens. Hi. | 斯蒂芬斯法官 您好 |
[09:10] | Um, I hope you enjoyed your time in the city, | 希望您在城里过得愉快 |
[09:13] | um, but you can return to the ranch now. | 但您现在可以回牧场了 |
[09:15] | I’ll take it from here. | 我打算出售了 |
[09:17] | Crazy question, | 好奇怪 |
[09:18] | but why isn’t Ben just going after Lily himself? | 为什么本不亲自跟踪莉莉 |
[09:21] | Because he knows she’ll go to the cops | 因为他知道她会去找警察 |
[09:23] | and tell them what Juliet did to me. | 告诉他们茱丽叶对我做了些什么 |
[09:24] | Oh, you mean kidnap and drug you? | 你是指绑架你 还给你下毒吗 |
[09:26] | Look, however wrong it was, | 听着 不管这事有多么不妥 |
[09:29] | enough harm has been done to their family by ours. | 他们家已经被我们伤得遍体鳞伤了 |
[09:31] | It’s a lot to take on by yourself, that’s all. | 只是你自己承受得太多了 |
[09:36] | You know, I am tired, | 我很累 |
[09:38] | and this crusade has taken me away from other things. | 这次的事情已经让我无暇顾及别的事了 |
[09:42] | Well, you wanna go somewhere and talk? Or not talk? | 你想去哪聊聊吗 或者静一静 |
[09:51] | Serena, a moment. | 瑟琳娜 打扰一下 |
[09:53] | Uh, now is not a good time. | 现在不是时候 |
[09:54] | Unfortunately, time is why I’m here. | 很不幸 找你找的正是时候 |
[09:56] | Unless we stop her, your mother is going to | 除非我们阻止她 不然你妈妈 |
[09:58] | sell Bass industries in 24 hours. | 今天会卖掉拜斯产业 |
[10:00] | I think I have a plan that can get us both what we want. | 我有个计划可以让我们各取所需 |
[10:05] | Well, we’ve waited this long. | 我们已经等这么久了 |
[10:06] | What’s a few more hours? | 不在乎再多等几个小时吧 |
[10:08] | Sure. My interview’s at 2:30, so… | 当然 我的采访在二点半 |
[10:10] | Okay, we’ll meet at the Waldorf’s at 2:00 | 好 我们二点在霍道夫家见 |
[10:12] | and then cab down there together. | 然后一起打车去那里 |
[10:19] | Watch your back, Lily. | 要当心咯 莉莉 |
[10:21] | These kids are definitely not all right. | 这些孩子绝对不是那么好对付的 |
[10:29] | As I see it, we have two distinct goals. | 在我看来 我们有两个截然不同的目标 |
[10:32] | I want to block the sale of Bass industries, | 我想阻止拜斯产业的出售 |
[10:34] | you want to get old Ben out of jail. | 你想把老本从监狱里弄出来 |
[10:37] | Yet, a single strategy may satisfy us both. | 然而 只有一条路能让我们双方都受益 |
[10:40] | Which is? | 什么方法 |
[10:41] | Blackmail. | 勒索 |
[10:42] | But I can’t pressure her unless I have hard evidence. | 除非我有确凿的证据 不然威胁不到她 |
[10:44] | Oh, while you were brunching, | 你们去吃早午餐的时候 |
[10:46] | I took the liberty of checking the safe at the house. | 我私自搜查了家里的保险柜 |
[10:49] | Did you know she has a safety deposit box | 你知道她在麦迪逊的多塞特银行 |
[10:51] | at the Dorset bank on Madison? | 还有一个安全存款箱吗 |
[10:53] | No. | 不知道 |
[10:54] | I know you’ve spent your entire life | 我知道你这辈子 |
[10:57] | not wanting to become your mother, but… | 都不想变成你妈妈人 但是 |
[10:59] | desperate times… | 走投无路的时候 |
[11:06] | You gettin’ soft, kid? | 身子舒展了吗 孩子 |
[11:07] | No, I’m getting bursitis. | 没有 我快得黏液囊炎了 |
[11:09] | That was mile nine. Maybe we should head back. | 都跑了九英里了 也许我们该回去了 |
[11:11] | I feel like I’m 20 again. | 我感觉自己又回到了20岁 |
[11:12] | I am 20. I think I’m gonna puke up a lung. | 我20岁 但我感觉都要吐了 |
[11:14] | Don’t you have things to do? | 你没有事情要做吗 |
[11:16] | Like what? | 什么事 |
[11:19] | Something on your mind? | 你有心事吗 |
[11:20] | Just making sure | 只是想确认一下 |
[11:21] | you’re concentrating on the future, is all. | 你是否在为以后做打算 仅此而已 |
[11:23] | Your terms of parole are pretty specific–a job, for one. | 你的假释条件相当明确 其中之一就是工作 |
[11:26] | I know what the terms are, | 我知道条件是什么 |
[11:27] | which was why my P.O. already has | 所以我的海军军士 |
[11:29] | an interview set up for me this afternoon. | 今天下午为我安排了面试 |
[11:31] | Really? Why didn’t you tell me? That’s fantastic. | 真的吗 你为什么不告诉我 太好了 |
[11:34] | Well, I thought it’d be a nice surprise. | 我想这是个大惊喜 |
[11:35] | How about this? After I get his job, | 你看这样好吗 我得到这份工作后 |
[11:37] | what do you say I take you out to celebrate? | 就带你出去庆祝一下 怎么样 |
[11:39] | I told Chuck I’m going to this Thorpe party later. | 我和恰克说了 一会要去参加索普的宴会 |
[11:41] | Russell Thorpe? | 拉塞尔·索普吗 |
[11:43] | Yeah. But you know what? | 是的 不过 知道吗 |
[11:45] | A celebratory dinner sounds like a good after-party. | 宴会后的庆祝晚餐更是锦上添花 |
[11:47] | Maybe you could get an advance and pick up the check. | 也许你该去预支 带上支票 |
[11:49] | At the pay grade I’m at, | 得我付得起才行 |
[11:50] | I hope you don’t mind the Halal cart. | 希望你不要介意清真车 |
[11:54] | Uh, you look beat. | 你看起来筋疲力尽 |
[11:56] | Listen, uh… I’ll see you later, all right? | 一会见 好吗 |
[11:59] | Yeah. Sure. | 好的 |
[12:02] | Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. | 打搅了 打搅了 打搅了 |
[12:04] | I was wondering… | 我在想 |
[12:07] | Elevator’s coming up. | 电梯来了 |
[12:09] | Okay. Thank god. Showtime. | 好了 谢天谢地 演出开始 |
[12:14] | What are you doing here? | 你来这做什么 |
[12:15] | Hello to you, too. | 向你问好 |
[12:17] | I told you that it was just one movie on one… | 我告诉过你这只是一场 |
[12:22] | lonely holiday break. That’s it. | 在孤单假期上演的电影 |
[12:24] | No, I’m here to see Serena. | 我懂 我是来见瑟琳娜的 |
[12:27] | Oh. Well, she’s not here to see you. | 噢 她没来这里 |
[12:30] | Shocker. | 真吃惊 |
[12:31] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[12:32] | Uh, she’s off scheming with Chuck. | 她和恰克在商定计划呢 |
[12:35] | Disguises are involved. It can’t end well. | 阴谋诡计 结局肯定不好 |
[12:36] | I’ll wait. I’m sure she’ll be back. | 我等她 她肯定会回来的 |
[12:37] | She knows I have an interview to get to. | 她知道我有个采访 |
[12:40] | You do know that “Powerful woman” | 你知道做《女强人》 |
[12:41] | is not actually a career, right? | 不算是个职业 是吧 |
[12:44] | And neither is Serena van der Woodsen, | 瑟琳娜·范德·伍德森也不是 |
[12:46] | but 10 bucks says that | 但我赌10美元 |
[12:47] | you’ll miss your interview waiting for her… Yet again. | 你会再一次 因为等她而错过采访 |
[12:50] | 10 bucks whatever harebrained scheme you’re cooking up | 我也赌10美元 不论你在酝酿什么诡计 |
[12:52] | blows up in your face, as per usual. | 都会一如既往地失败 |
[12:54] | Loitering lounge is upstairs. | 休息室在楼上 |
[12:55] | Already there, sister. | 马上就去 妹子 |
[12:56] | – No, Laurel. – Go! | -不行 劳雷尔 -快去 |
[12:58] | The schedule was not sent over. | 日程表还没发出去 |
[12:59] | Look, I can’t have the office falling apart now. | 我现在抽不出人手来 |
[13:01] | I am in over my head with fittings. | 试穿都快忙爆了 |
[13:03] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:06] | I’m sorry about what I said earlier. | 我对之前说的表示抱歉 |
[13:09] | It was the stress talking. | 这项工作太有挑战性了 |
[13:11] | I thought about it, | 我想来想去 |
[13:13] | and I really would love to intern with you. | 还是决定做你的实习生 |
[13:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:17] | Well… That is just great, dear. | 这 这真是太好了 亲爱的 |
[13:21] | And since you seem to have your hands full, | 既然你手上都提满了东西 |
[13:24] | I thought maybe I could accompany you… | 我可以帮帮你 和你一起张罗 |
[13:27] | on your fittings for the midwestern mogul party. | 中西权贵派对的试衣 |
[13:29] | Well–well–well, perhaps, uh, it might be more efficient, | 也许吧 但与其和我一起张罗 |
[13:32] | uh, for you to have your own assignment | 你还是做些更有效率的事吧 |
[13:34] | rather than accompanying me. | 去做你自己的事情 |
[13:35] | Even better. Why not– | 那更好了 不如 |
[13:37] | Patti Blagojevich! | 帕蒂·布利哥雅维契 |
[13:38] | I’m going to assume that that noise was a sneeze | 你刚刚发出的噪音是喷嚏声吧 |
[13:42] | and that you meant to say Indra Nooyi. | 你其实想说的是因德拉·努伊 |
[13:45] | Indra? Don’t be silly. | 因德拉 别傻了 |
[13:47] | She is a huge new client, and you are just an intern. | 她是个新接的大客户 而你只是小实习生 |
[13:51] | But… | 但 |
[13:52] | you can deliver this to Patti | 你可以把这个送给帕蒂 |
[13:56] | and you can style her. | 你可以给她做参谋 |
[13:57] | God knows she needs it. | 天晓得她要什么 |
[13:59] | But– | 但是 |
[14:00] | Darling, I am thrilled. | 亲爱的 我真欣慰 |
[14:09] | Tell Indra’s people | 通知因德拉的人 |
[14:12] | that her Eleanor Waldorf fitting has been moved up a half-hour. | 她的埃莉诺·霍道夫服装提前半小时到 |
[14:16] | Relax. You’re a spitting image. | 放心 你们长得一模一样 |
[14:18] | Remind me to kill you later for that. | 事成之后我一定要杀了你 |
[14:23] | The teller we need to talk to is named Julie. She’s new. | 我们要找的人叫朱莉 她是新来的 |
[14:26] | I’d remember her. | 我记得她 |
[14:27] | And who do we say you are? My son? | 那怎么介绍你呢 我儿子吗 |
[14:29] | Is it weird hearing you say that actually turns me on? | 真奇怪 你这么称呼我 我反倒高兴了 |
[14:32] | This better be worth the therapy. | 这最好比治疗要来得值 |
[14:33] | Let’s get this over with. | 我们行动吧 |
[14:50] | Yeah, Hi, this is Dan Humphrey. | 喂 我是丹·汉弗瑞 |
[14:52] | I am caught in some brutal traffic. | 我这儿堵车了 |
[14:54] | Can I reschedule? | 我能重新订个时间吗 |
[14:58] | No, I didn’t realize he was deciding today or I… | 我没想到他今天就要决定了 |
[15:00] | I wouldn’t have put myself in this position. | 否则我现在也不会这样 |
[15:04] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 麻烦你了 |
[15:06] | Will lonely boy ever learn that S. can’t tell time, | 孤独男孩何时能明白S没有时间观念呢 |
[15:10] | especially when she’s wasting someone else’s? | 尤其是她在浪费别人时间的时候 |
[15:16] | All I have in my pile are divorce papers, jewelry, | 我这里装着的都是离婚材料 珠宝 |
[15:19] | and artful nudes of my mother in her groupie days. | 和我妈早年的裸体画像 |
[15:21] | Swap piles? | 我们换着看吧 |
[15:24] | I knew there would be nothing. | 我就知道会一无所获 |
[15:25] | What did you expect to find in here, anyway? | 你到底要找什么呢 |
[15:28] | A gun. The smoking kind. | 确凿的证据 |
[15:33] | Oh, my god. You found a copy of the affidavit. | 天啊 你居然找到了口供书 |
[15:36] | Any handwriting expert would be able to prove | 只要是个笔迹鉴定家都能证明 |
[15:38] | that this is not mine. | 这不是我的字迹 |
[15:39] | Not that we’ll ever need to call one. The threat alone is enough. | 我们没必要找别的了 这个把柄足矣 |
[15:42] | Looks like Serena may have found | 看来瑟琳娜找到了 |
[15:44] | Ben’s get-out-of-jail-free card. | 洗刷本清白的证据咯 |
[15:46] | We have her. | 我们逮到她了 |
[15:47] | You wanna make the call or should I? | 是你打电话还是我来 |
[15:49] | No. | 不必 |
[15:50] | Later, in person. | 等下当面去问 |
[15:52] | I like the way you think, mom. | 我仰慕你 老妈 |
[16:05] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[16:07] | I assume you weren’t upstairs playing Rufus’ guitars. | 我想你不会是在楼上弹鲁弗斯的吉他吧 |
[16:10] | If you didn’t want me rooting around in the family safe, | 你要是不希望看到我在家到处搜寻 |
[16:12] | you should’ve changed the combination. | 你就不该改变我们的家庭组合 |
[16:15] | Well, I’m just curious– what were you hoping to find? | 我只是好奇 你想找到点什么 |
[16:17] | A way to stop you from disposing | 我想找到阻止你 |
[16:19] | of the last remaining bit of my father. | 清理我爸最后遗产的方法 |
[16:22] | Is that what you think I’m doing? | 你是这样想我的吗 |
[16:24] | Why else would you be selling bass industries? | 不然你卖掉拜斯企业干吗 |
[16:26] | Because it’s in trouble, Charles. | 因为它陷入危机了 |
[16:28] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[16:29] | You read the papers. Real estate, hotels… | 你看过报纸了吧 房地产 酒店 |
[16:32] | Even in Manhattan, no one’s impervious. | 整个曼哈顿无不受到影响 |
[16:34] | Why wouldn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我呢 |
[16:37] | Because I thought we could ride it out, | 因为我以为我们能挺得住 |
[16:40] | refinance or something. | 重新申请贷款或怎样 |
[16:41] | I was hoping I could turn it around | 我本希望能扭转困境 |
[16:42] | and wouldn’t have to tell you, but then you disappeared. | 这样就不必劳烦你了 但你却失踪了 |
[16:45] | And by the time you got back, it was an inevitability. | 等你回来时已经无药可救了 |
[16:48] | You expect me just to accept this, go on with my day? | 你希望我坦然接受这一切 继续生活吗 |
[16:51] | If I sell now, I can control how we sell it and to whom. | 现在卖掉 我还能掌控买卖方式和对象 |
[16:54] | There’s a private buyer that’s made a very generous offer. | 有位秘密买主提供了相当可观的数额 |
[16:56] | The company will stay intact, and so will your father’s name. | 公司会保持原样 不会有损你父亲的名誉 |
[17:00] | And the money from the sale | 卖掉的钱 |
[17:01] | will give you a chance to build a future. | 足够让你开创新的未来 |
[17:03] | And who knows? Maybe even buy it back someday. | 世事无常 也许有天你又买回来了呢 |
[17:06] | But if this deal gets messed up– | 但要是这次交易搞砸的话 |
[17:08] | Bass industries will go to the highest bidder– | 拜斯企业将会进行拍卖 |
[17:11] | Someone who’ll fire the employees, | 竞标者会解雇现有员工 |
[17:12] | cheapen the brand. | 贬低我们的品牌 |
[17:13] | Exactly. This buyer’s committed to maintaining | 没错 但买家承诺维持 |
[17:17] | the company’s integrity, your father’s integrity. | 你父亲公司的完整 |
[17:20] | And I know he’d want you to be a part of the next phase. | 我知道他想让你继承公司 |
[17:23] | Is it Russell Thorpe? | 买家是拉塞尔·索普吗 |
[17:25] | You don’t have to say. I know it’s him. | 你不用说了 我就知道是他 |
[17:30] | The important thing is that you believe me | 重要的是你要相信我 |
[17:31] | when I tell you I don’t want your father’s legacy to die. | 我不愿看着你父亲留下的公司垮掉 |
[17:35] | I’m trying to save what’s left of it. | 我想要拯救他留下的东西 |
[17:37] | In 24 hours, you’ll see, | 一天之内你就能看到 |
[17:39] | and hopefully Serena will see some things, too. | 我希望瑟琳娜也能看到 |
[17:43] | Yes, Penelope, | 是的 佩内洛普 |
[17:44] | you will stand in the cold and hail me a cab. | 你会站在寒风中为我叫出租 |
[17:46] | Call me when it’s curbside. | 到路边之后给我打电话 |
[17:48] | And show some leg if you have to. | 另外麻烦你快点 |
[17:49] | I’m already late for Indra. | 我与因德拉的会面已经快迟到了 |
[17:52] | Is Dan still here? | 丹还在吗 |
[17:53] | No. He left 20 minutes ago. Where were you? | 不 他二十分钟前走了 你去哪儿了 |
[17:55] | Oh, I feel terrible about standing him up, | 放他鸽子让我很内疚 |
[17:57] | but we found a copy of the affidavit. | 但我们发现了宣誓书的复印件 |
[17:59] | B., I think I can get Ben out of prison. | 布莱尔 我想我们可以把本救出监狱 |
[18:02] | What? You didn’t know him. | 怎么了 你不了解他 |
[18:03] | He was a good man before all this happened. | 他本来是个好人 |
[18:05] | They’re all good men before something happens to them, S. | 瑟琳娜 人在做错事之前都是好人 |
[18:09] | Some of them stay good, | 有些人一直是好人 |
[18:10] | no matter how they’re treated. | 不管别人怎样对他们 |
[18:13] | I thought you hated Dan. | 我以为你讨厌丹 |
[18:14] | I do, so very much. | 没错 非常讨厌 |
[18:16] | But whatever it is that you see in him, | 但不管你怎么看他 |
[18:18] | he seems to see in you as well. | 他也那样看你 |
[18:21] | I know you wanna focus on Ben, | 我知道你想把精力集中到本身上 |
[18:22] | but maybe you’re avoiding your future, | 但也许你正在回避将来 |
[18:24] | not fixing your past. | 而非弥补过去 |
[18:28] | Hey, I thought we were gonna meet up later. | 我没想到我们这么快又有联系了 |
[18:30] | We’ll have to hit “Pause” on that. | 我想我们该暂停一下了 |
[18:31] | I think Lily is trying to do the right thing. | 我想莉莉要做正确的事了 |
[18:33] | By the company and by your inmate, too. | 无论是对公司 还是对本 |
[18:36] | She said she’ll prove it in 24 hours. | 她说她会在一之内证明 |
[18:38] | Of course she did. | 她当然会这么做 |
[18:45] | Well, there’s something I have to do anyway, so… | 不管怎样 有件事我必须做 |
[18:49] | One more day. | 那就再等一天 |
[18:52] | Who is this Russell Thorpe exactly? | 拉塞尔·索普到底是谁 |
[18:53] | His name sounds familiar. | 这个名字很耳熟 |
[18:55] | Oh. Um… He and Bart started out in real estate | 他和巴特在同一时期 |
[18:58] | about the same time. | 从房地产起家 |
[18:59] | He ended up settling in Chicago. | 他最后定居芝家哥 |
[19:00] | Comes into town once a year, throws a garish party… | 每年进城一次 举办一个炫目的派对 |
[19:03] | So we all know he still exists. | 好让我们记得他 |
[19:06] | I wish we didn’t have to go, but… | 我希望我们不用去 但是 |
[19:08] | But nothing. | 没什么 |
[19:08] | According to this invitation, it’s gonna be a wingding. | 从邀请函看来这是一个酒会 |
[19:11] | Why aren’t you dressed? | 你怎么没穿好衣服 |
[19:13] | Uh, shirt, pants… | 衬衫 裤子 |
[19:16] | Yeah, I’m dressed. | 我穿好了 |
[19:17] | Look, I know you disapprove of me, | 听着 我知道你不赞成我的想法 |
[19:18] | But can’t you please do so in a tuxedo? | 但你能不能换件礼服呢 |
[19:21] | The sale of Bass Industries is in a very delicate stage. | 拜斯集团的出售正处在关键时期 |
[19:23] | And it’s vital that | 我们至少保持 |
[19:25] | we at least present a unified family front. | 表面的团结是很重要的 |
[19:31] | Fine. Then it’s just us. | 好吧 我们走吧 |
[19:46] | Hello? | 喂 |
[19:47] | may I speak to Mrs. Humphrey, please? | 请转汉弗瑞夫人 |
[19:49] | This is the concierge at the palace. | 我来自王宫礼宾服务部 |
[19:51] | Uh, yeah, she just left. Can I take a message? | 她刚出去 你要留言吗 |
[19:53] | It seems that | 看来 |
[19:53] | the guest Mrs. Humphrey was hosting, John Stephens, | 汉弗瑞夫人的客人约翰·斯蒂芬斯 |
[19:56] | left a pair of cufflinks in his room | 在今早退房时 |
[19:57] | When he checked out this morning. | 把一组袖扣落在房间里了 |
[20:00] | Um, I’m sorry, you mean… Judge John Stephens? | 你是说约翰·斯蒂芬斯法官吗 |
[20:15] | Dorota, have you seen the dress marked for Indra Nooyi? | 多洛塔 你看到给因德拉·努伊的服装了吗 |
[20:18] | And–and what is Patti Blagojevich’s dress still doing here? | 给帕蒂·布拉戈耶维奇的衣服怎么还在这儿 |
[20:35] | Where is Blair? | 布莱尔在哪儿 |
[20:39] | No one is answering in her room, miss. | 没人应门 小姐 |
[20:40] | Thus the reason I need your services. | 所以我需要你们 |
[20:42] | Now let’s see that master key card of yours. | 直接用你的房卡打开 |
[20:44] | It’s against hotel policy to open– | 这样不符合规定 |
[20:45] | Listen… Harvey? Ms. Nooyi was expecting me. | 听着 因德拉·努伊女士想见我 |
[20:49] | So the silence on the other side of the door | 所以房间里无人接电话 |
[20:50] | could only mean one of two things. | 只有两种可能性 |
[20:52] | Either she neglected her appointment, | 要么她忘记了约定 |
[20:53] | which a woman of her professionalism | 她很专业所以不可能 |
[20:55] | is not wont to do, | 犯这种错误 |
[20:56] | or she’s lying there, | 要么她没办法接电话 |
[20:57] | having choked on one of her own snack chips, | 因为她被零食噎着了 |
[21:00] | while you’re standing here quibbling about policy. | 而你却在这里对制度吹毛求疵 |
[21:05] | As I thought. | 个人看法而已 |
[21:06] | Spotted–B. Using old tricks to get to one Nooyi. | 现场播报 布莱尔故技重施来接近努伊 |
[21:13] | Ms. Nooyi? | 努伊女士 |
[21:15] | Indra? | 因德拉 |
[21:17] | Assistants? Anyone? | 助理 有人吗 |
[21:19] | But it seems that someone got an S.O.S. to the C.E.O. | 但看来有人有急事叫走了这位行政总裁 |
[21:29] | Sorry, B. | 很遗憾 布莱尔 |
[21:30] | That internship has sailed. | 这次实习计划失败了 |
[21:37] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[21:40] | Nice tie. You changed it. | 领带不错 你换新的了 |
[21:43] | I’m–I’m really sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[21:44] | I-I swear I thought I would make it in time. | 我发誓我本以为可以及时赶到的 |
[21:47] | Did you miss your interview? | 你错过面试了吗 |
[21:48] | Yeah, but it was my own fault. | 是 不过以为你会准时赴约 |
[21:49] | for thinking you’d show up on time. | 是我的错 |
[21:50] | Look, I-I-I really can’t get into this now. | 听着 我现在没空再聊了 |
[21:53] | I’m on my way out. | 我要出去了 |
[21:53] | Where you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[21:55] | Well, James Franco’s giving a reading | 詹姆斯·弗兰科打算在作家聚会上 |
[21:56] | of some of his short stories at housing works, | 读一些他的短篇作品 |
[21:58] | and the Writers House agent is gonna be there. | 到时候作家协会的代理商会到场 |
[21:59] | So I’m gonna go and try to– try to woo him. | 我想借此机会和他去套套近乎 |
[22:02] | The agent, not James Franco. | 是那个代理商 不是詹姆斯·弗兰科 |
[22:04] | Well, why don’t I go with you as your date? | 那你邀请我作为你的女伴一起出席 |
[22:07] | And then after you impress the hell out of the agent, | 在你给代理商留下深刻印象之后 |
[22:08] | we can have that talk. | 我们再聊 好吗 |
[22:13] | Well, you did come all the way to Brooklyn to apologize, | 你虽一路奔波的布鲁克林来道歉 |
[22:15] | and you aren’t dressed for a party, so… | 但你还没准备好盛装出席 所以… |
[22:17] | Hold on. Hey, Eric. What’s up? | 等等 喂 艾瑞克 怎么了 |
[22:20] | You know that judge Stephens you were looking for? | 你知道你要找的那位大法官斯蒂芬斯吧 |
[22:22] | Mom was hiding him at the Palace while you were gone. | 你走之后 妈妈把他藏到旋宫饭店去了 |
[22:25] | And guess when he checked out. | 猜猜他什么时候退房的 |
[22:29] | This morning, after brunch? | 早上 吃完早午饭后吗 |
[22:31] | Hey, shall we? | 我们可以走了吗 |
[22:33] | Um, let me call you back. | 我等下再回你电话吧 |
[22:35] | Yeah, I just need to make a quick detour first. | 可以了 但我要先去办件事 |
[22:38] | Looks like Serena’s ablaze on a path to punishment. | 看来瑟琳娜是铁了心要惩罚她母亲 |
[22:42] | Suit up, Lily. | 莉莉 你准备好了吗 |
[22:44] | Your baby’s out for blood. | 你的孩子追债来了 |
[22:58] | Why don’t you get us some drinks? I’ll be just a minute. | 你去拿点喝的来吧 我去去就回 |
[23:01] | All right. | 好的 |
[23:03] | Hey. What are you doing here? | 你在这里干嘛呢 |
[23:04] | I thought you went to Brooklyn. | 我以为你去布鲁克林了 |
[23:06] | I did. Dan came with me. Have you seen Chuck? | 我是去了 丹和我一起来的 你见着恰克了吗 |
[23:08] | No. Have you seen Indra Nooyi? | 没 你见着因德拉·努伊了吗 |
[23:10] | No. | 没有 |
[23:12] | Oh, but I do see your mother, | 但我看见你妈妈了 |
[23:13] | and she doesn’t seem too happy to see you. | 她貌似看你的时候脸色不太好看 |
[23:17] | Gotta go. Bye. | 我得走了 回见 |
[23:28] | Hey. What are you doing here? With your family? | 你在这干嘛呢 和你家人一起来的吗 |
[23:29] | Serena. You? | 和瑟琳娜一起来的 你呢 |
[23:31] | I got a call this afternoon, so I’m looking for my dad, | 我下午接到一个电话 我来这找我爸 |
[23:33] | who skipped a job interview he was required to go to | 他推掉了假释官为他安排的 |
[23:35] | by his parole officer. | 工作面试 |
[23:38] | Oh, and what did he skip it to do? | 看啊 他为什么要推掉 |
[23:40] | Eat a Chicago Superdawg? | 为了吃个芝加哥大热狗 |
[23:49] | Mr. Bass. | 拜斯先生 |
[23:51] | Looking dapper. | 衣冠楚楚嘛 |
[23:53] | Thank you… | 谢谢 |
[23:54] | Raina. | 瑞娜 |
[23:56] | Someone wanted to say hello. | 不想去打个招呼吗 |
[24:00] | Mr. Thorpe. | 索普先生 |
[24:01] | It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, sir. | 终于能见到你是我的荣幸 先生 |
[24:03] | Call me Russell. I see you met my daughter. | 叫我拉塞尔吧 我想你已经见过我的女儿了吧 |
[24:07] | Raina Thorpe. | 瑞娜·索普 |
[24:08] | Wharton Grad, | 瑞娜·斯洛普沃顿·拉德 |
[24:10] | Thorpe Enterprises’ Vice President, | 索普公司的副总 |
[24:12] | and most trusted advisor to her proud and aging papa. | 是我这个骄傲老爸最信任的顾问 |
[24:16] | You said you were his assistant. | 你说你是他的助理 |
[24:18] | You said that. I said I prefer the term “Secretary,” | 是你说的 我说我更偏向于秘书这个说法 |
[24:22] | Which I do, for those whom it actually refers to. | 这么说比较贴切 |
[24:25] | Raina never lies. It’s her best quality. | 瑞娜最大的优点就是从不撒谎 |
[24:28] | I highly doubt that. | 我不敢苟同 |
[24:32] | Actually… | 其实… |
[24:33] | I know it’s premature, Russell, but, uh, I came here to | 虽说现在说这个为时过早 但是拉塞尔 我来这 |
[24:36] | shake the hand of the man who’s buying Bass Industries. | 是来感谢买下拜斯集团的买家 |
[24:39] | What’s that? | 你说什么呢 |
[24:40] | I understand your need for discretion. | 我知道你做事慎密 不露风声 |
[24:42] | And while I wasn’t happy the company was being sold, | 正当我不乐意转让我的公司时 |
[24:44] | I was heartened to learn | 我被得知 |
[24:45] | that it would be my father’s old friend at the helm. | 正是我爸爸当年的老朋友想要出手买下 |
[24:49] | Son, uh, I’m not the buyer. | 孩子 我不是那个买家 |
[24:51] | And I was good friends with your father… | 我和你爸爸本来是好朋友 |
[24:53] | Until he kicked me out of every deal he could | 直到他无情地破坏我的每一桩生意 |
[24:56] | and pushed me out of New York. | 还把我逼出纽约 |
[24:58] | If I’d known in time that his company was going up for sale, | 要是我知道他的公司要出售了 |
[25:01] | I would’ve bought it cheap, dismantled it for parts, | 我必然会低价买入 把公司弄得支离破碎 |
[25:04] | and hosted a fire sale. | 再当便宜货转手 |
[25:15] | Dan? | 丹 |
[25:17] | This party doesn’t seem like your speed. | 参加派对不像是你的作风啊 |
[25:19] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[25:20] | There are actually beers behind the bar I can pronounce. | 我知道吧台后有啤酒喝 |
[25:22] | No, I, uh, I’m here with Serena. | 其实 我和瑟琳娜一起来的 |
[25:25] | Oh, she didn’t tell me she was coming. | 她没告诉我她要来啊 |
[25:26] | No, she wasn’t, but Eric called her, | 是的 她本来不来的 但艾瑞克打了电话 |
[25:29] | and… Here we are. | 我们就来了 |
[25:32] | Hi, mom. I, uh– so sorry I’m late, | 妈妈 抱歉 我晚了 |
[25:34] | but I couldn’t find my cufflinks, | 我找不到我的袖扣 |
[25:35] | so I just– I borrowed the ones | 所以我到旋宫饭店 |
[25:37] | that judge stephens left at the palace. | 从斯蒂芬斯大法官那儿借来一个 |
[25:40] | Uh, what’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[25:42] | Dan, when you see Serena, | 丹 你要是看见瑟琳娜了 |
[25:43] | please tell her to stop whatever it is she’s planning on | 请告诉她 在我们这个家还没被毁掉之前 |
[25:46] | doing before she destroys our family. | 该快停手 |
[25:51] | I can’t believe your nerve. What were you planning to do, | 你的勇气可嘉啊 你到底要干什么 |
[25:55] | Lobby ms. Nooyi for a job in the changing room? | 对努伊在更衣室里进行游说吗 |
[25:58] | No, I was going to wait until after | 不 我本来想再等等的 |
[26:00] | Meetings in underwear tend not to be taken seriously. | 衣冠不整时说的话通常不会当真 |
[26:02] | You would use me and jeopardize my business | 你利用了我 还威胁到了我的事业 |
[26:05] | to pursue a career you thought of five minutes ago | 就为了你五分钟前根据什么权势榜 |
[26:07] | based on some power list? | 一时兴起的职业追求吗 |
[26:09] | I’m sorry I lied to you, | 我很抱歉我骗了你 |
[26:11] | but your dress was going to look stunning on her | 但你的裙子穿在她身上会美极了的 |
[26:12] | no matter who zipped it up in the back. | 无论后背用什么样式拉链 |
[26:15] | I have to take my future into my own hands. | 我自己的未来我必须自己做主 |
[26:19] | Otherwise… | 要不然 |
[26:20] | Otherwise what? | 要不然怎样 |
[26:22] | You’ll be forced to follow in my footsteps? | 你会被强迫来追随我的脚步吗 |
[26:27] | No, that’s– that’s fine, dear. | 宝贝 没关系的 |
[26:30] | Now that I realize that your childish games | 既然我意识到你那些幼稚的游戏 |
[26:32] | are actually who you are and not a phase, | 就是你个人的本性而非成长的阶段 |
[26:34] | I wouldn’t want someone like you | 我也不需要像你这样 |
[26:37] | wanting to be like me. | 想要成为我的人 |
[26:40] | And you are fired. | 你被炒了 |
[26:49] | There are you. What’s wrong? | 你在这啊 发生什么事了 |
[26:50] | Let’s just say my patience is as strained | 比起你母亲的可信度 |
[26:52] | as your mother’s credibility. | 我的耐性已经到极限了 |
[26:53] | Ugh. What did she do? | 她又做了什么 |
[26:55] | She misled me. The question is, why? | 她误导我 但问题关键是为什么 |
[26:57] | You know why– | 你知道为什么的 |
[26:58] | to serve her own best interests, always. | 为了达成自己的最大利益 她总是这样 |
[27:01] | I found out that she paid off the judge twice– | 我发现她两次贿赂法官 |
[27:04] | Once years ago to notarize my signature | 一次是多年以前为了公证我的签名 |
[27:06] | and again recently to disappear | 最近一次是为了让别人消失 |
[27:07] | So that I couldn’t hold him accountable. | 所以我不能让他对此付出代价 |
[27:09] | You have the affidavit? | 你有口供书吗 |
[27:12] | Let’s go find my mom. | 我们去找我妈吧 |
[27:13] | Wait, I’ve got a better idea. | 等等 我有个更好的想法 |
[27:14] | We need to fire a warning shot. | 我们给她个警告 |
[27:15] | That guy is a journalist for the “Post.” | 那个人是《邮报》的记者 |
[27:18] | Give it to him, | 把这个给他 |
[27:19] | tell him to ask questions. Start with your mother. | 让他去提问 先从你妈开始 |
[27:21] | That way she’ll know we’re serious. | 这样她才知道我们是玩真的 |
[27:23] | Hey, what are we doing here? | 我们在这干嘛 |
[27:24] | Just one more minute. | 再呆一分钟 |
[27:25] | No, no more minutes. | 不要 我不想再呆了 |
[27:26] | I’ll head off Lily. | 我去找莉莉 |
[27:28] | Look, she can’t keep getting away with this. | 听我说 她总是恶习难改 |
[27:30] | It’s–it’s not fair. | 这样很不公平 |
[27:32] | Fair? My agent meeting was important today. | 你跟我说公平吗 今天的报社见面会非常重要 |
[27:34] | It was my last shot. | 这是我最后一次机会 |
[27:35] | I know, but you’ll get another chance. | 我知道 你还会有机会的 |
[27:37] | Mm, no, I won’t. | 不会了 |
[27:38] | Normal people don’t get an endless number of chances | 普通人是不会有用之不完的机会的 |
[27:41] | No matter the situation. That’s just you. | 而不用考虑情况如何 你只是特例而已 |
[27:43] | Whatever it is you’re planning to do, | 无论你现在打算做什么 |
[27:47] | is it worth it? | 你觉得这值得吗 |
[27:47] | Or are you gonna walk out the door with me right now? | 还是你现在和我一起选择离开这里 |
[27:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:05] | It seems like love can’t compete | 看来爱情似乎完全不足以 |
[28:07] | with the allure of war. | 抵挡战争的诱惑 |
[28:10] | Find your seats, honored guests. | 尊贵的来宾 请准备入席吧 |
[28:12] | Justice is served. | 正义即将登场 |
[28:21] | Serena, what’s in the envelope | 瑟琳娜 你给《邮报》记者的 |
[28:23] | you just gave the “Post” Reporter? | 信封里装了什么 |
[28:24] | That is a copy of the affidavit. | 口供书的复印本 |
[28:26] | So you can have Judge Stephens release Ben… | 只有这样你才能让斯蒂芬斯法官放了本 |
[28:28] | And cancel the sale of Bass Industries. | 并取消销售拜斯集团的计划 |
[28:30] | If not, I’ll tell the reporter the truth, | 否则 我会和记者说出真相 |
[28:32] | and the “Post” will have a cover story. | 《邮报》可以出一期精彩的封面故事 |
[28:33] | Excuse me, this what I think it is? | 不好意思 这里面装的是我想的东西吗 |
[28:37] | There’s an explanation. | 我可以解释 |
[28:38] | No need. I get it. | 不用了 我懂的 |
[28:39] | I know how bad the job market is these days. | 我知道最近就业市场多么不景气 |
[28:42] | What? | 什么 |
[28:43] | Can you please tell this Dan Humphrey that while I’m very flattered, | 请你告诉这位丹·汉弗瑞 我受宠若惊 |
[28:47] | I don’t have the power to hire anyone. | 但我没有雇佣员工的权利 |
[28:49] | Print’s a dying medium. | 出版业早已日落西山了 |
[28:53] | He switched the envelopes. | 他把信封掉包了 |
[28:55] | Hmm. That’s my boy. | 这才是我儿子 |
[28:59] | I need a drink. | 我去拿喝的 |
[29:03] | My son was actually looking for an internship, not a job. | 我儿子其实想找实习而不是工作 |
[29:06] | What in the hell were you trying to do? | 你们到底想搞什么鬼 |
[29:08] | Get Ben out of prison, mom. | 把本从监狱里放出来 妈妈 |
[29:10] | What, by putting me in? | 所以就把我搞进去吗 |
[29:12] | I wasn’t gonna press charges against you. | 我本来不想对你提出控告的 |
[29:14] | Well, it wouldn’t be your choice. | 这根本由不得你 |
[29:15] | It would be the district attorney’s. | 这是地方检察官的权利 |
[29:19] | The information about Ben and the affidavit | 本的资料和口供书 |
[29:21] | can never get out, ever. | 永远不得泄露出去 |
[29:23] | Now can you just trust me when I say I’m handling it? | 我说了我来处理 你就不能相信我吗 |
[29:30] | Hey, I still have some friends in this town, | 这里我还是有些朋友的 |
[29:31] | and some of them are at this party. | 其中有些就在这个派对上 |
[29:33] | Why are you so upset? | 你为什么这么生气 |
[29:35] | Because you skipped your job interview today, dad. | 因为你今天没去面试工作 爸爸 |
[29:38] | Lucky for you, I covered. | 算你走运 我帮你掩饰了 |
[29:40] | I told your P.O. You twisted your ankle on our jog. | 我告诉人事主管 你跑步时扭伤脚踝 |
[29:43] | Got him to reschedule it for tomorrow. | 让他把面试改到明天了 |
[29:45] | Nate, I went to the damn interview, okay? | 内特 我去过那该死的面试了 |
[29:49] | I walked into that waiting room in my suit and tie, | 我穿好西装打好领带走进等候室时 |
[29:51] | and I realized I was there to beg for a janitor’s job… | 我意识到我居然在祈求一份门卫的工作 |
[29:54] | along with half a dozen other ex-cons | 和其他有诈骗前科的一群人一起 |
[29:56] | who probably don’t have a high school education. | 他们可能连高中都没上过 |
[29:58] | Do you know how that makes me feel? | 你知道我当时什么感觉吗 |
[30:01] | Not good, I’m guessing. | 我想不大好吧 |
[30:02] | I mean here to reignite some old business connections, | 我来这是为了拉拢以前的合作伙伴 |
[30:04] | to remind people that before everything that went down, | 提醒别人 在我出事前 |
[30:06] | I used to be good at what I did. | 我对我的工作还是很在行的 |
[30:10] | I’m gonna make you proud of me, I promise. | 我保证 我会让你为我骄傲的 |
[30:13] | That’s what you said right before you got caught. | 你被抓之前你也是这么说的 |
[30:25] | I thought I saw you storm out of here ten minutes ago. | 我怎么记得十分钟前就看你匆匆离开这了 |
[30:27] | Well, on top of everything else, they can’t find my coat. | 一切了结之后 居然找不到我的外套 |
[30:30] | So it doesn’t take a genius to figure out | 不用脑袋像想也知道你的抱歉计划 |
[30:31] | that your sorry scheme blew up in your face. You owe me $10. | 当场失败了吧 你欠我十块钱 |
[30:35] | And Serena disappointed you twice today, so you owe me $20. | 今天瑟琳娜令你两度失望 所以你欠我二十块 |
[30:38] | Coat checker! | 衣帽员 |
[30:40] | What’s wrong? It’s not the coat. | 你怎么了 肯定与外套无关 |
[30:42] | I’m sorry. Are we friends? | 不好意思 我们算是朋友吗 |
[30:45] | Of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[30:48] | Here you go, sir. | 先生 拿过来了 |
[30:49] | – Oh, excellent. Thank you. – Here you are. | -谢谢你 -给您 |
[30:51] | I had a horrible fight with my mother. | 我和我妈吵架了 |
[30:55] | I tried to be Indra Nooyi, | 我想成为第二个因德拉·努伊[百事公司女CEO] |
[30:57] | And while I admit that choice may have been a bit random, | 我也承认这个决定有点随意 |
[31:00] | The other choice was to be my mother, and I didn’t want that. | 或者去当第二个埃莉诺·霍道夫 但我不想 |
[31:03] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[31:06] | You care about fashion | 你喜欢时尚的程度 |
[31:07] | more than most people care about, uh… Well, anything. | 举世无双 无人可及 |
[31:10] | You used to send girls home crying from constance | 以前你还为了紧身裤的事 |
[31:12] | for wearing tights as pants. | 把一些女孩从学校打发回家呢 |
[31:14] | Well, somebody had to. It was for the greater good, | 为了审美必须有人这样做 |
[31:17] | just like my suggestion that you take off that tie | 就像我建议你 取下领带 |
[31:19] | and shove it in your pocket right now. | 立马塞到裤兜里 |
[31:22] | You’re an evil dictator of taste, Blair. | 你的鉴赏力真是毒啊 布莱尔 |
[31:26] | Why deny that just because it’s what your mother does? | 因为你妈在时尚界 你就不涉足时尚界吗 |
[31:29] | And by the way, this tie was my grandfather’s. | 顺便说一句 领带是我祖父的 |
[31:32] | If only he’d been buried in it. | 除非他已经过世 否则我还是坚持自己的观点 |
[31:42] | I didn’t lie to you, Charles. | 查尔斯 我没有骗你 |
[31:43] | Are you familiar with the sin of omission? | 那是你的疏忽吗 |
[31:47] | You seemed calmed by the idea of Thorpe as the buyer, | 你对索普是买主的事深信不疑 |
[31:50] | and I needed to keep things smooth for another 24 hours | 而我要保证在接下来的24小时内一切顺利 |
[31:53] | so that this deal would close without incident, | 保证交易顺利完成 |
[31:55] | But it looks like I failed. | 但看起来我失败了 |
[31:58] | the buyer just called. | 买主刚刚打来电话 |
[32:00] | Somehow, he heard about the scene that just transpired, | 他听说了刚刚传开的丑闻 |
[32:04] | the little war between me and my children, | 就是我和孩子们的那些小矛盾 |
[32:07] | And he’s backing out. | 所以他不买了 |
[32:08] | Over a family squabble? | 只是因为家庭内部纠纷才不买的吗 |
[32:10] | All he had to do was hear that you and I were in a standoff. | 他听说我和你在冷战 |
[32:14] | And now he’s concerned that there would be problems | 他担心在日后的兼并过程中 |
[32:16] | between us every step of the acquisition. | 我们俩之间会出问题 |
[32:19] | So… My father’s life’s work | 所以我父亲一生的心血 |
[32:23] | is heading for the auction block? | 就要被拍卖了吗 |
[32:26] | pray it goes to someone who doesn’t chop it up. | 祈祷它落在能好好对待它的人手里吧 |
[32:35] | Thank you, all, for coming, and, uh, a special thanks | 谢谢大家在百忙之中参加我们的聚会 |
[32:38] | to the folks who came in from Chicago, | 特别是从芝加哥远道而来的朋友 |
[32:41] | Uh, where we’ve enjoyed a great run. | 我们的生意在芝加哥也如鱼得水 |
[32:44] | But… A wise man once told me, | 但是一位智者曾告诉过我 |
[32:47] | “If you stay in one place long enough, | 如果你在一个地方呆久了 |
[32:50] | You’ll never go anywhere.” | 你就永远也不想离开那了 |
[32:52] | Which is why my daughter and I | 这也就是为什么我女儿和我 |
[32:54] | are very pleased to announce | 在这里非常荣幸的向大家宣布 |
[32:56] | that thorpe enterprises is packing up and moving east | 索普公司将会东移 |
[33:00] | to New York City. | 来纽约发展 |
[33:03] | I was planning to get settled before I dove into business, | 我本来打算先安定好后再进入商业圈 |
[33:07] | But I’m a restless man. | 但我根本等不了那么久 |
[33:09] | So I’ve decided to set my sights high on a company | 所以我决定把我的目光放在 |
[33:14] | that has just this minute come back up on the block– | 一家刚刚回到拍卖所的公司 |
[33:19] | My dear departed friend’s bass industries. | 一位好友的拜斯实业 |
[33:23] | Looks like “Page six” Of this party will read, | 看起来明天八卦杂志的头版头条会是 |
[33:26] | “The world according to thorpe.” | 索普的世界 |
[33:28] | So… Cheers to new friends | 为我们的新朋友干杯 |
[33:32] | And inevitable enemies. | 同样也是不可避免的敌人 |
[33:34] | Forget your usual suspects, upper east siders. | 忘了你们平常的猜测吧 上东区的人们 |
[33:37] | I look forward to facing you all. | 我很期待与大家的碰面 |
[33:40] | cheers. | 干杯 |
[33:41] | There’s a new family in town. | 城里又来了一个新家族 |
[33:53] | Come to twist the knife further? | 又要来捅我一刀 |
[34:01] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[34:04] | I used you… | 我利用了你 |
[34:06] | And I shouldn’t have. I’m sorry. | 我不应该这样做的 对不起 |
[34:10] | Don’t be. | 用不着 |
[34:13] | I-I’ve watched you struggling to find your path, | 当我看着你努力地想找到自己的职场方向时 |
[34:15] | And I guess I just hoped that you would want to follow mine. | 我很希望 你能步我的后尘 |
[34:18] | But like any self-respecting daughter | 但和别的有自尊心的女儿一样 |
[34:21] | with an egocentric mother… | 我女儿也永远不愿意 |
[34:24] | would be repelled by the thought of being anything like her. | 像她以自我为中心的妈妈一丁点 |
[34:27] | That is not true. | 不是这样的 |
[34:29] | Uh, mother, you are brilliant | 妈妈 你才华横溢 |
[34:33] | And resilient. | 而且适应力强 |
[34:35] | And… A businesswoman | 还是一个女商人 |
[34:38] | And an artist. | 一个艺术家 |
[34:39] | I’d be crazy not to want to be like you. | 我真的非常想成为和你一样的人 |
[34:42] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[34:44] | But you are not a designer. | 但你并不适合做设计师 |
[34:46] | You are a, um… | 你是… |
[34:49] | A dictator of taste. | 一个鉴赏家 |
[34:50] | Exactly. I love that. | 没错 |
[34:53] | Who said that? | 谁这样说过你啊 |
[34:54] | A friend of mine. | 一个朋友 |
[34:56] | Well, if only there was a person who did that for a living, | 如果这世上只有一个人能以此为生 |
[35:01] | someone for you to aspire to, | 而这个人又是你梦想要成为的人 |
[35:05] | There is. | 就是它了 |
[35:16] | Editrix of a high fashion magazine. | 高端时尚杂志的女编辑 |
[35:22] | So we’ll strategize in the morning? | 我们明天早上开始策划 好吗 |
[35:38] | I realized I didn’t really need to be in possession of this. | 我不想一直拿着它 |
[35:43] | Thank you, I guess. | 谢谢你 |
[35:48] | I would say I’m sorry about today, | 关于今天的事 我很抱歉 |
[35:50] | but in my head, that just sounds inadequate. | 虽然老实说 这句抱歉听着有点假 |
[35:54] | Nah, you don’t need to apologize. | 不用 你不用和我道歉 |
[35:55] | It’s not your fault that I seem to drop everything | 我放弃所有事又不是你的错 |
[35:57] | Just to make myself available to you. | 我只是想自己能对你有点用 |
[35:58] | I don’t mean to take you for granted. | 我没有把你的帮助看作理所当然 |
[36:02] | It’s just, if we’re being completely honest… | 只是如果我们能对彼此坦诚 |
[36:05] | We are. | 本来就是 |
[36:09] | I think that maybe sometimes I test you. | 我想有些时候我是想考验你 |
[36:12] | You know, I keep thinking that if things get too hard, | 我一直在想如果你得在某些事和我之间做选择 |
[36:15] | You’ll give up on me, but you never do. | 你会放弃我的 但你从没这么做过 |
[36:18] | And I never will. | 永远都不会 |
[36:21] | If you really need me ever, I am there, | 无论何时你需要我 我都在你身边 |
[36:24] | But I think there’s a reason you didn’t insist | 我知道 你没坚持让我陪你去 |
[36:26] | I come with you over break. | 肯定是有原因的 |
[36:27] | And why you didn’t try to make me stay? | 那你为何不试着留下我呢 |
[36:35] | So where does that leave us? | 那又会怎样 |
[36:37] | With one last shot. | 会有最后一次机会 |
[36:39] | If we ever do jump in again, that’ll be it. | 倘若我们再次投入感情 肯定能修成正果 |
[36:42] | We either sink or swim. We won’t get another chance. | 成败在此一举 不会再有其他机会了 |
[36:48] | And when that time comes, | 当那一刻到来之时 |
[36:48] | we better make damn sure we’re ready. | 我们最好能确认 自己已做好准备 |
[36:52] | Yeah. We should. | 恩 必须 |
[37:18] | Nate, I can’t talk right now. | 内特 我现在不方便接电话 |
[37:20] | Yes, you can. | 不 你方便着呢 |
[37:21] | Your parole officer just called me | 你的假释官刚打给我说 |
[37:22] | ’cause he didn’t know where you were again. | 他又不知道你的去向了 |
[37:24] | Dad, if you don’t get a job soon, | 老爸 如果你不马上搞定工作 |
[37:25] | they’re gonna send you back to prison. | 他们会把你遣送回监狱的 |
[37:27] | Kid, I’m at an interview right now. | 孩子 我这不是在面试吗 |
[37:29] | Yeah, at this time of night? | 是吗 半夜这个时候 好吧 |
[37:30] | Sure, dad. Whatever you say. | 你就继续骗我吧 老爸 |
[37:35] | Sorry about that. Just my son. | 很抱歉 我儿子的电话 |
[37:37] | Anyway, you were saying? | 你刚才说什么来着 |
[37:39] | Well, I’ve been gone for a while, and, uh, | 说到我离开这有一段时间了 |
[37:41] | we’ve been hard-pressed to find just the right financial guy | 还有我们一直在苦苦寻找合适的金融师 |
[37:44] | to introduce us to N.Y.C. | 带我们进军纽约市 |
[37:46] | I know you’ve still got a lot of friends, family connections. | 而你具备广泛的人脉和显赫的家庭背景 |
[37:50] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[37:53] | In the new year, | 新年伊始 |
[37:54] | we resolve to do things we’ve only dreamed of doing… | 我们决定开始逐梦之行 |
[37:59] | and not to do other things ever again. | 同时避免重蹈覆辙 |
[38:04] | I hope your visits don’t become a habit, Humphrey. | 汉弗瑞 我可不希望你动不动就跑到这来 |
[38:06] | Don’t worry. I don’t think | 别担心 我认为 |
[38:07] | you’ll be seeing me around here for a while. | 短期内你不会再看到我了 |
[38:08] | Heading home to Brooklyn? | 准备先回家 再去布鲁克林区 |
[38:10] | No. Actually, I was gonna catch | 不 事实上 我正要去 |
[38:12] | “Monsieur hulot’s holiday” at the Walter Reade. | 沃尔特·里德影院看《于洛先生的假期》 |
[38:15] | Try to cheer myself up. | 好让自己开心点 |
[38:16] | Oh. Well, I do enjoy myself some Tati. | 恩 我也需要点儿塔蒂[法国电影导演]的电影 |
[38:21] | Though I suppose if you’re trying to improve your mood | 但我始终觉得 如果我和你一起去电影 |
[38:23] | that my coming with you would defeat that purpose. | 你想改善心情的初衷就被我破坏了 |
[38:29] | It is pretty funny. Even you couldn’t | 这部电影很有趣 就算是你也没法 |
[38:30] | kill that much comedy. | 破坏那种喜剧氛围 |
[38:34] | I still require you to sit two seats away. | 但我仍然希望你能坐到两座之外去 |
[38:37] | Works for me. Keeps your paws off my popcorn. | 没问题 你的小爪子也别想碰我的爆米花 |
[38:39] | Wait here while I change. | 等着 我去换衣服 |
[38:41] | We may surprise ourselves as we face the future… | 面对未来 我们或许会惊讶不已 |
[38:46] | or be surprised when cleaning up the past. | 而我们同样会在重拾过去的时候 重拾惊喜 |
[38:55] | Hi. I’m here to see Ben Donovan. | 你好 我来探视本·多诺万 |
[38:57] | I know it’s late, but I really need to talk to him. | 我知道有点晚了 但我急需跟他谈谈 |
[39:00] | I’m sorry. You just missed him. Mr. Donovan was released. | 抱歉 你错过了他 多诺万先生已被释放 |
[39:02] | What? How? | 什么 怎么会 |
[39:05] | His parole was moved up by a Judge Stephens. | 斯蒂芬斯法官提前了他的假释 |
[39:09] | When did this happen? | 什么时候的事 |
[39:10] | Says here the paperwork was filed a couple days ago, | 文件大概是几天前签署的 |
[39:13] | just went through this evening. | 今晚刚刚通过 |
[39:19] | So Russell Thorpe seems nice. | 拉塞尔·索普貌似人不错 |
[39:22] | Oh, my god. It’s not just his disloyalty or deviousness. | 我的神啊 他不仅背信弃义 老奸巨猾 |
[39:26] | It’s his pomposity. | 还狂妄自大 |
[39:28] | And the fact that you slept with him? | 还有你跟他睡过这一事实吗 |
[39:30] | How did you kn– | 你怎么知… |
[39:31] | I remembered where I knew the name. | 我记得我是在哪见过那个名字 |
[39:33] | It’s from the time when we exchanged our lists. | 在我们互换的约会过的人名单里 |
[39:36] | Oh, well, it was a long time ago, and it was fleeting. | 哦 那都是很久以前的事了 时光飞逝啊 |
[39:41] | Just when you thought | 恰好是在今天 |
[39:42] | you’d escaped another major scandal today… | 你认为自己能逃过另一个大丑闻时… |
[39:45] | Dishonesty may help some make a few good amends… | 不忠或许会让某些人改过自新 |
[39:50] | while others are left to wonder if they can handle the truth. | 而另一些却独饮自问 自己是否能够接受事实 |
[39:55] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[39:56] | Riverpark’s one of the only bars I like in new york. | “瑞沃帕克”是纽约市中我最爱的酒吧之一 |
[40:00] | And I came to offer you an apology. | 而我来这是要向你道歉 |
[40:02] | Today at the office, the identity game– | 关于今天办公室里的身份游戏 我很抱歉 |
[40:05] | I’m usually more straightforward than that, | 我通常是比较直接坦率的 |
[40:08] | which leads me to my next point. | 所以下面的话我就直说了 |
[40:10] | Edge of my seat. | 这让我很紧张啊 |
[40:12] | My father reported | 我爸爸说 |
[40:13] | your family’s fight to the buyer during the party. | 你家人在派对上坚决抵制买家 |
[40:16] | Scared him off so he could go after it himself. | 买家知难而退了 所以他才有了购买权 |
[40:20] | While I’m impressed with your honesty, | 你的诚实令人侧目 |
[40:21] | I can’t say I like the information | 我都不知道我是该喜欢这个信息 |
[40:24] | or your relationship to it. | 还是该喜欢你之于它的关系了 |
[40:26] | It’s just business. | 这是公事 |
[40:28] | Right now I’m trying to focus on whatever pleasure I can. | 而现在我想试着专注于及时行乐 |
[40:32] | If you can separate the two, so can I. | 若你能公私分明 我当然也能 |
[40:35] | My car is just outside. | 我的车就在外面 |
[40:36] | I’ll wait five minutes before taking off. | 我就等五分钟 |
[40:39] | If I go home alone, | 若我独自回家了 |
[40:42] | I’ll never bring it up again. | 以后绝没有第二次机会 |
[40:58] | And whether you kick things off by sleeping with the enemy | 而不论你是和敌人共眠以渡过难关 |
[41:03] | or trying your best to remake a former friend… | 亦或是努力试着重拾旧谊 |
[41:06] | Serena. | 瑟琳娜 |
[41:11] | You’re still here. | 你居然还在这里 |
[41:13] | Just waiting for the bus. | 我在这等车 |
[41:16] | What are you even doing here? | 你怎么会来这里 |
[41:20] | Are you free for coffee? | 有空喝杯咖啡吗 |
[41:23] | I’m free for anything. | 悉听尊便 |
[41:28] | One thing’s for sure– | 但有一件事是确定的 |
[41:30] | anything is possible. | 那就是 一切皆有可能 |
[41:34] | X.O.X.O., gossip girl. | X.o.x.o. 八卦天后 |