时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Gossip girl here– | “八卦天后”在此 |
[00:01] | your one and only source | 这是你了解曼哈顿名流们 |
[00:02] | into the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite. | 绯闻的唯一渠道 |
[00:05] | Ivy, stop talking to your boyfriend and start working. | 艾薇 别跟你男友闲聊了 赶紧开工 |
[00:07] | Charlie! Oh, my gosh! | 查莉 我的天呐 |
[00:09] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这儿 |
[00:11] | “The beautiful and the damned” wraps in a week, | 《美丽与毁灭》一周内就要杀青了 |
[00:13] | but how would you like to keep working for me? | 你愿意继续为我工作吗 |
[00:15] | I would love to. | 我非常乐意 |
[00:16] | What are you looking for over there? | 你在那儿找什么 |
[00:17] | My phone. | 我的手机 |
[00:19] | I think I left it at the fashion show | 我好像把它落在时装秀上了 |
[00:20] | when the assistant checked it in. | 进门的时候给了工作人员 |
[00:21] | I’m not interested in interviews with New York’s elite. | 我对纽约上层的采访丝毫不感兴趣 |
[00:24] | I want their secrets and scandals. | 我要爆料他们的秘密和绯闻 |
[00:26] | You had everyone’s phones taken. | 既然你都有大家的电话了 |
[00:27] | Why didn’t you just, you know, look at some of them? | 何不直接偷看其中一些人的隐私呢 |
[00:29] | Do you know someone called Ivy? | 你认识一个叫艾薇的人吗 |
[00:30] | The truth is, I can’t wait to be a father, | 实际上 我真的等不及想做父亲了 |
[00:33] | a-and now I’m going to be one. | 现在 我真的要做父亲了 |
[00:35] | I never intended to publish “Inside.” | 我从没打算要出版《局外人》 |
[00:37] | Somehow it fell into | 但不知怎么它就匿名地落到了 |
[00:38] | Simon & Schuster’s laps. | 西蒙与舒斯特出版社手上 |
[00:39] | It’s a satire of my entire life | 这是描写我生活的讽刺作品 |
[00:40] | and everyone I know. | 里面涉及了每一位我认识的人 |
[00:42] | You didn’t write this book. I did. | 这本书不是你写的 是我 |
[00:45] | Bravo! He did it! | 好极了 他做到了 |
[00:48] | I told you I’d get him to step forward. | 我跟你们说了 我会让他不退缩的 |
[00:51] | Dan humphrey, | 丹·汉弗瑞 |
[00:51] | Alessandra Steele, my agent. | 这位是亚历山德拉·斯蒂尔 我的助理 |
[01:12] | It’s brilliant. | 棒极了 |
[01:14] | Really exceptional. | 相当卓越 |
[01:23] | Loved the book. | 爱死你的书了 |
[01:35] | Do I know you? Any of you? | 我认识你们吗 随便谁 |
[01:37] | Do I know anyone here at all? | 我认识这里的人吗 |
[01:42] | The ending… | 书的结尾 |
[01:44] | just slays me. | 深深地打动了我 |
[01:45] | Slays me how you’re all alone with no friends left… | 你独自一人 没有朋友 |
[01:48] | Well– | 其实 |
[01:49] | Surrounded by people who think | 被一群自以为了解你 |
[01:50] | they know you but really don’t. | 却对你知之甚少的人包围着 |
[01:51] | It’s genius. | 真是神来之笔 |
[01:53] | Right, but, uh, it’s not me. | 好吧 但那不是我 |
[01:53] | It’s the character Dylan Hunter. | 那是书中的主角狄伦·亨特 |
[01:55] | The book, is, uh, the book is fiction. | 这是本虚构的小说 |
[01:56] | Well, I’m happy to tell you it’s a brilliant piece of fiction | 我很高兴的告诉你 这本很棒的虚构小说 |
[01:58] | that’s number 38 on the Amazon preorder list. | 在亚马逊新书预订排行榜上排名第38 |
[02:01] | 25,000 shipped so far. | 已经预售了2万5千本 |
[02:05] | Quick question. How big can my head get before it explodes? | 我有个问题 我的脑袋在爆炸前能胀到多大 |
[02:08] | Half the buys are probably upper east siders | 购买人群中 有一半是上东区名流 |
[02:10] | dying to see if they’re in it. | 他们都想看看书里有没有他们 |
[02:13] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[02:14] | Some of my friends might feel they are. | 我的一些朋友估计能感觉到他们的影子 |
[02:16] | They’re coming tonight, right? | 他们今晚会来的 对吧 |
[02:17] | To–to the book party? | 去新书推广会吗 |
[02:18] | No. I… haven’t exactly mentioned it to them yet. | 不会 我还没和他们提过这件事呢 |
[02:21] | Um, I’d have to tell them the book exists first. | 我得先告诉他们 有这么一本书 |
[02:24] | They don’t know? Not any of them? | 他们不知道 一个都不知道 |
[02:26] | No. | 一个都不知道 |
[02:28] | And I’m not sure they’re gonna like it | 我也不敢肯定 他们知道了之后 |
[02:30] | when they find out. | 会不会高兴 |
[02:31] | If they’re really your friends, | 如果他们真的是你的朋友 |
[02:32] | they’ll be happy to see your star rise, | 他们应该为你的成功而感到高兴 |
[02:34] | and they should be at the soiree tonight | 并出席今晚的聚会 |
[02:36] | when everybody learns that “Anonymous” | 届时大家就会知道”无名氏” |
[02:37] | is actually Daniel Humphrey. | 其实就是丹·汉弗瑞 |
[02:42] | I’m gonna need six copies of this book, uh, | 我要六本书 |
[02:44] | that should probably be hand-delivered. | 我应该亲自送给他们 |
[02:48] | I’ll see you later at Giorgio Armani for your suit fitting? | 等会试穿乔治· 阿玛尼西服时见 |
[02:50] | And don’t shave. | 不要刮胡子 |
[02:52] | Makes you look like a real writer. | 那样看起来 更像个作家 |
[02:59] | I now understand why women used to go into confinement. | 我总算明白女人为什么要分娩了 |
[03:02] | It wasn’t because of modesty but vanity. | 不是因为谦恭 而是因为她们的虚荣心 |
[03:06] | Look at my boobs. | 看看我的胸 |
[03:07] | Oh, I’m huge. | 真是波涛汹涌啊 |
[03:09] | Are you even listening? | 你在听吗 |
[03:10] | Sorry, darling. | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[03:11] | I was just reading | 我刚才看到 |
[03:12] | about how some pregnant women have mood swings. | 有些孕妇会有情绪波动 |
[03:16] | Apparently, they didn’t know you before the pregnancy. | 他们显然不认识怀孕以前的你 |
[03:21] | Oh, you look gorgeous. | 你看起来美丽动人 |
[03:23] | I-I can’t wait to tell | 我迫不及待想把 |
[03:24] | the whole world the good news. | 这个好消息告诉全世界 |
[03:26] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[03:28] | My mother and Beatrice arrive tonight. | 我母亲和碧儿翠思今晚就到 |
[03:30] | And I asked my mom and Cyrus | 我让我妈妈和赛瑞斯 |
[03:32] | to join us for dinner at the consulate. | 去领事馆和我们一起共进晚餐 |
[03:34] | And then we’ll tell everyone together. | 然后 我们一起向大家宣布这个消息 |
[03:36] | You don’t think your family is gonna be upset, do you? | 你家人不会不高兴吧 |
[03:39] | I don’t want them to think of me | 我不想让他们觉得 |
[03:41] | as the star of some trashy MTV show | 我在表演某个垃圾音乐电视节目 |
[03:42] | like “Unmarried and pregnant princesses” | 名叫”未婚怀孕的王妃” |
[03:44] | or, I don’t know, “Royally screwed.” | 或者”王室完蛋了”这样的 |
[03:46] | My mother will be over the moon. | 我母亲一定会非常高兴 |
[03:49] | The job of any princess is to provide an heir to the kingdom. | 王妃的职责就是给王室生一个王位继承人 |
[03:53] | And that is exactly what you are doing. | 就是你现在正在做的 |
[03:55] | An heir to a kingdom lives within me. | 王位继承人就住在我的身体里面 |
[03:58] | How very shakespeare. | 真像莎士比亚的小说 |
[03:59] | A comedy, not a tragedy, I hope. | 我希望这是个喜剧 不是悲剧 |
[04:02] | So do I, | 我也是 |
[04:03] | which is why I have to tell one person | 所以在我们去见家人之前 |
[04:05] | before we meet up with the families. | 我要先告诉一个人 |
[04:07] | And I can do that right now. | 电话正好打过来了 |
[04:15] | Yeah, we received the latest draft. | 对 我们收到了最新的稿子 |
[04:17] | It’s on Jane’s desk. | 已经放在简的桌子上了 |
[04:18] | Okay, I’ll have her call you. Thank you. | 好 我会让她打给你 谢谢 |
[04:20] | Morning, everyone. | 大家早上好 |
[04:23] | I’m on a juice fast this week. | 这周我要试试果蔬汁断食 |
[04:24] | Not going to be pretty. | 所以我看起来不会那么光鲜 |
[04:26] | Um, I will put those in the fridge for you. | 我会把那些东西放到冰箱里 |
[04:28] | I’ll also request an extra cashew drink. | 我还多要了一杯腰果汁 |
[04:30] | It makes the day bearable. | 它能让你全天都充满活力 |
[04:32] | 多谢 事务一览表 | |
[04:33] | Yes. | 好的 |
[04:34] | 你要的克拉考尔饭店 的新闻报道 | |
[04:36] | is on your desk, as well as | 已经放在桌子上了 |
[04:37] | the new spec script that SONY | 还有中标的索尼公司的 |
[04:39] | won in the bidding war. | 新的无资金资助剧本 |
[04:40] | What is it again? | 是什么来着 |
[04:41] | “American psycho” in prep school. | 预科学校里的”美国杀人魔” |
[04:43] | Make it go away. | 让他们拿回去 |
[04:44] | Also, um, I know that it’s a long shot, | 虽然我知道机会不大 |
[04:47] | but I sent Daniel day-lewis | 但我还是给丹尼尔·戴·刘易斯 |
[04:48] | “The Blue Rose,” | 发了一份《蓝色玫瑰》的剧本 |
[04:49] | along with a note and a rosebush that only grows in Ireland. | 附上了纸条 还有爱尔兰特有的玫瑰花 |
[04:53] | I don’t know. I thought it might be a special touch. | 我只是觉得这是个特别的联系方式 |
[04:55] | Daniel never agrees to do anything. | 丹尼尔很难搞定 |
[04:57] | The man took three years to make a pair of shoes. | 他花了三年时间做一双鞋 |
[04:58] | But I like that you’re putting it out there. Sam? | 不过我很欣赏你的尝试 萨姆 |
[05:01] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[05:02] | Could you get me and Serena two green teas? | 可以帮瑟琳娜和我冲两杯绿茶吗 |
[05:04] | Yeah, sure. Happy to. | 没问题 很乐意 |
[05:08] | I knew that my instincts were right hiring you. | 我就知道雇用你没错 |
[05:10] | You’re a smart cookie. | 你真是很聪明 |
[05:14] | You can look at your phone. I don’t run a gulag. | 你可以看手机 我这又不是集中营 |
[05:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:23] | That’s Piper Van Allen. And that’s Sullivan Baker. | 这是皮伯·范·艾伦和沙利文·贝克 |
[05:26] | And I care about their pg-13 pictures because… | 我们关心这些少儿不宜的照片是因为 |
[05:29] | Cause Piper is married to Jason Van Allen. | 因为皮伯已经和贾森·范·艾伦结婚了 |
[05:33] | Oh, well, I am slightly more interested. | 很好 我有点感兴趣了 |
[05:35] | Yeah, and Sullivan’s with that celebrity florist guy. | 沙利文和一个做花卉生意的名流在一起 |
[05:38] | I think they got married in Amagansett this summer. | 我以为他们今年夏天在阿默甘西特结婚了 |
[05:40] | Oh. That’s a twist I wasn’t expecting. | 真是意料之外的曲折故事 |
[05:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:44] | Well, our phone swipe at the Jenny Packham show | 这些在珍妮·帕克汉时装秀上弄来的手机 |
[05:47] | gave us some pretty good stories. | 可给了我们些不错的故事 |
[05:49] | Yeah, but pretty good isn’t perfect. | 没错 但不错不等于完美 |
[05:51] | If only we had Blair Waldorf’s phone. | 要是能拿到布莱尔·霍道夫的手机就更好了 |
[05:54] | I told you, she’s my friend. My friends are off-limits. | 我说过她是我朋友 不许牵连到我朋友 |
[05:57] | Oh. Morals. | 真高尚 |
[05:59] | How quaint. | 很有趣 |
[06:06] | I mean, why do you even hold on to that phone | 既然你根本不打算接 |
[06:08] | if you’re not gonna answer it? | 干嘛那么在意电话响 |
[06:09] | Because I don’t have to explain how I got it. | 因为我不用解释怎么拿到的手机 |
[06:11] | But I am too intrigued by our mysterious “Ivy” | 但我对这个神秘的”艾薇”很感兴趣 |
[06:14] | to just toss it away. | 不能放过大好机会 |
[06:15] | Well, we could always lie, say we found it on the street. | 编个谎话 就说在街上捡到之类的 |
[06:17] | How are we gonna find her? | 我们怎么才能找到她 |
[06:20] | Look. There are no names in the phone, only numbers. | 电话本里没有存姓名 只有号码 |
[06:24] | And there was no tag for her at the party. | 派对上也没有她的名牌 |
[06:25] | Well, maybe she was just a crasher. You know, a nobody. | 可能她只是个不速之客 无名小卒 |
[06:28] | Mm. Nobodies don’t hide their friends. | 无名小卒会宣扬他们的朋友 |
[06:30] | They advertise them. | 而不是隐藏 |
[06:32] | I have a feeling about this girl. | 我对这个女孩很感兴趣 |
[06:33] | Wait a second. Hold on. I know that number. | 等等 停一下 我认识这个号码 |
[06:34] | Yeah? | 真的 |
[06:40] | All right, well, I’ll be back in a bit, | 好了 我一会回来 |
[06:42] | hopefully with a new lead. | 希望有新线索 |
[06:56] | Your call has been forwarded to an automated– | 您的来电将被转接到来电信箱 |
[06:59] | Still haven’t found your phone? | 还没找到手机 |
[07:00] | No, and I’ve been calling it nonstop. | 没有 我一直在不停地打 |
[07:03] | Well, maybe it’s time for a new one. | 也许是换个新手机的时候了 |
[07:05] | New city, new cell phone. Hmm? | 新的城市 新的手机 |
[07:07] | Yeah, but my whole world’s in that phone. | 可是那手机里有我的全部信息 |
[07:10] | Final mix of Panic’s debut album. | 恐慌乐队首张专辑的最终混音版 |
[07:13] | This is so exciting. | 太棒了 |
[07:16] | Yeah, it’s been a long time coming. | 是啊 花了好长时间 |
[07:18] | Do you ever regret not getting back into music sooner, Rufus? | 鲁弗斯 你后悔过该早点回去做音乐吗 |
[07:21] | Nah. No, | 那倒没 |
[07:21] | I wouldn’t give up raising my kids for anything. | 我不会为任何事放弃抚养我的孩子 |
[07:23] | I mean, I love music, but Dan and Jenny–they’re my life. | 我爱音乐 但丹和珍妮是我的生命 |
[07:26] | Okay, everybody ready? | 好 大家准备好了吗 |
[07:30] | Maybe that’s Dan. I was hoping he would join. | 也许是丹 真希望他能一块听听 |
[07:33] | Good boy. | 好孩子 |
[07:35] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:36] | Mm. Do you know what this summoning is about? | 你知道叫我们过去是为了什么吗 |
[07:38] | I do but I can’t say. I’m sworn to secrecy. | 知道但不能说 我发过誓要保密了 |
[07:40] | Since when do you bite your tongue? | 你什么时候学会保守秘密了 |
[07:42] | I’m learning. | 正在学习 |
[07:44] | Well, isn’t Humphrey becoming quite the drama queen? | 汉弗瑞现在成话题女王了吗 |
[07:47] | Isn’t that usually your role? | 那不一直是你的角色 |
[07:48] | I prefer drama princess now. | 我现在更愿意当话题王妃了 |
[07:52] | How are you, by the way? | 顺便问下 你还好吗 |
[07:55] | I’m okay. | 我很好 |
[07:56] | Thanks for asking. | 谢谢关心 |
[08:02] | Sorry. Squirrels. | 抱歉 有松鼠 |
[08:04] | Shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[08:07] | what are you guys doing here? | 你们在这干嘛 |
[08:09] | We must have all gotten the same text from Dan. | 我们都收到了丹群发的短信 |
[08:11] | The last time he was this secretive, | 上一次他搞得这么神秘 |
[08:12] | he showed up with a baby. | 就带了个孩子出现 |
[08:14] | Don’t worry. You’re not about to become a grandfather, | 别担心 虽然丹确实算是让什么出生了 |
[08:16] | though Dan is about to give birth in another way. | 但你不用当爷爷 |
[08:21] | Okay, I’m pretty sure this is how every murder mystery begins. | 好吧 这就跟所有谋杀之谜的开头一样 |
[08:25] | Serena, how was your job? | 瑟琳娜 你的工作怎么样 |
[08:27] | Uh, really great, actually. | 真的很棒 |
[08:28] | So great she has no time for me. | 棒得她都没时间分给我 |
[08:31] | Well, I would if you weren’t asleep | 要不是我到家你都睡了的话 |
[08:33] | every time I got home. | 还是有时间的 |
[08:33] | Uh, I’m still jet-lagged. | 呃 我还在调时差 |
[08:35] | Haven’t you been home for weeks? | 你不是已经到家几星期了 |
[08:37] | It certainly feels that way when I’m around you. | 我和你住在一起 你当然会这么觉得了 |
[08:39] | Serena, quick question. | 瑟琳娜 一个小问题 |
[08:40] | You don’t happen to know a girl named Ivy, do you? | 你认不认识一个叫艾薇的女孩 |
[08:43] | Uh, I don’t think so. Why? | 不认识 怎么了 |
[08:45] | Oh. Well, I found her cell, | 好吧 我捡到了她的手机 |
[08:46] | but I don’t know how to get it back to her. | 但不知道能怎么还给她 |
[08:48] | Your number was in her phone book. | 她的电话本里有你号码 |
[08:49] | What’s her number? I’ll dial it. | 她号码是多少 我来拨拨看 |
[08:52] | Look! Here’s Dan. | 看 丹来了 |
[08:56] | Hey, everyone. Thank you so much for coming. | 大家好 非常感谢你们能来 |
[08:58] | I only have five minutes. | 我只有五分钟 |
[08:59] | This better be really important. | 最好是件很重要的事 |
[09:00] | What is this all about? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[09:01] | – Is everything all right? – This isn’t about me, right? | -一切都还好吗 -不是关于我的事吧 |
[09:04] | Yeah, what’s going on, Dan? | 丹 到底怎么了 |
[09:05] | This is going to be fun. | 看来会很有趣 |
[09:09] | I’m sorry to call everyone here on such short notice, | 很抱歉匆匆忙忙地把大家找来 |
[09:11] | but, uh… | 不过 |
[09:14] | all right, you know how there’s been | 好吧 你们都知道 |
[09:14] | all this speculation about the book that’s being published | 有本无名氏作者写的书出版了 |
[09:17] | by an anonymous author? | 大家对此议论纷纷吧 |
[09:18] | Yeah. Gossip girl said it was about us. | 知道 八卦天后说是关于我们的 |
[09:20] | Yeah, it was probably written | 肯定是哪个根本不认识我们的失败者 |
[09:21] | by some loser who doesn’t even know us. | 编出来的 |
[09:24] | Well, not exactly. | 不完全是 |
[09:28] | I am that loser. | 那个失败者就是我 |
[09:31] | I wrote it. | 是我写的 |
[09:33] | And it is based on… you–sort of–all of you. | 以你们为原型写的 你们所有人 |
[09:37] | Looks like it’s going to be | 看来今晚在这个旧城区里 |
[09:38] | a hot time in this old town tonight. | 会有一段火热难耐的时光 |
[09:41] | Let’s just hope lonely boy and his book | 我们只能期望寂寞男孩和他的书 |
[09:44] | don’t go up in flames. | 不会被付之一炬 |
[09:50] | Hey. What are you doing? | 你来干嘛 |
[09:51] | I thought you were waiting downstairs. | 我以为你在楼下等 |
[09:52] | I’m tired of waiting. | 我已经厌倦了等待 |
[09:54] | When are you gonna tell them? | 你打算什么时候告诉他们 |
[09:56] | Soon. I promise. | 马上 我保证 |
[09:58] | “Soon” isn’t soon enough. | “马上”可不够快 |
[10:01] | It’s time they all knew about us. | 我们该将基情公之于众了 |
[10:08] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[10:10] | I think you should ask Dan. | 这你得问丹 |
[10:11] | I-I might’ve made your character… | 我可能把你的角色写得 |
[10:14] | A little… | 有点像 |
[10:14] | Gay. | 基佬 |
[10:16] | I hope that’s okay. Stop enjoying this so much. | 希望你不介意 别幸灾乐祸了 |
[10:19] | You wanted me to feel something. That’s a feeling. | 作为读者我跟你心意相通 |
[10:22] | Do I have game? | 有激情戏吗 |
[10:23] | Oh, definitely. | 必须的 |
[10:26] | I’m cool with that. | 没关系 我不介意 |
[10:26] | I-I know it’s gonna be a little weird | 我知道 看到书中以自己为原型的人物 |
[10:29] | With everyone reading characters inspired by themselves, | 大家会觉得不自在 |
[10:32] | But I-I wanna make it clear… | 但我想声明一点 |
[10:35] | This book is a work of fiction. | 这只是本小说 |
[10:37] | And after you read it, | 希望你们读过之后 |
[10:38] | I hope that you’ll feel good enough about it and me | 不会讨厌这本书和我这个作者 |
[10:40] | That, you will come to this book party tonight. | 能够来参加我的新书推广会 |
[10:43] | The publisher is announcing that I’m the author. So… | 出版商会让我出场亮相 |
[10:46] | Yeah. Of course we’ll be there. | 当然 我们当然会去 |
[10:48] | Well, read it first and then decide because I… | 先看了再说 因为我 |
[10:50] | You know, I didn’t have a lot of time to make changes, | 没有太多时间去完善 |
[10:52] | And there are some instances | 对有些情节的描写 |
[10:53] | Where it’s not exactly how I would’ve wanted it. | 那些并非出于我的本意情节 |
[10:57] | Well, an artist never feels his work is perfect. | 作家总认为自己的作品不够完美 |
[10:59] | But it’s good to always strive for more. | 不过这可以让你更加进取 |
[11:00] | I am so proud of you, son. | 儿子 我真为你骄傲 |
[11:02] | I am gonna cancel my whole day with panic | 我要把今天恐慌乐队的行程都取消 |
[11:04] | Just so I can savor your book. | 仔细欣赏你的大作 |
[11:08] | So… Now that this unnecessary meeting | 既然这个关于未来美国三流作家的 |
[11:11] | About America’s future doorstop is adjourned, | 非重要会议已经开完 |
[11:14] | Do you wanna go grab a cup of decaf? | 咱们去喝杯低卡咖啡吧 |
[11:16] | Oh, I would love to, B., but I’m already late for work. | 我很想去 B 可我上班都迟到了 |
[11:18] | I gotta get back. | 我得赶回去 |
[11:19] | Well, maybe after work then? | 那下班再去呢 |
[11:20] | If this is about the book, don’t worry. | 如果是为了书的内容 不必担心 |
[11:22] | Everyone loves a villain. | 坏女孩魅惑众生 |
[11:24] | I wouldn’t say there’s a villain, per se. | 也不能说每本书里都要有反面角色 |
[11:26] | Well, I can tell you who isn’t. | 起码我能猜到谁某人肯定是正面角色 |
[11:28] | Come on. Every girl needs to be knocked off her pedestal a little. | 得了 每个女孩都希望疯狂一把 |
[11:32] | Can’t handle that kind of pressure. | 你的压力不小啊 |
[11:34] | I’ll see you later. | 回头见 |
[11:37] | You know that story I wrote that Louis killed? | 你知道路易封杀的那一部分吗 |
[11:40] | It’s in the book? | 那个也写在书里了吗 |
[11:42] | Yeah, I figured. But if it’s all the same to you, | 应该没事 既然已经被你抹黑 |
[11:44] | I think I’d like to stay in the dark | 滥交的形象已然深入人心 |
[11:46] | About just how nastily you’ve portrayed me. | 再添一笔也无伤大雅 |
[11:48] | Yeah, that’s a good idea. | 说的不错 |
[11:49] | I mean, you know, we’re just recently friends again. | 我们最近才恢复邦交 |
[11:51] | Why ruin a good thing? | 何必再徒增不快呢 |
[11:53] | Yeah, and, I’m sorry in advance, | 先和你说一声抱歉 |
[11:55] | But I have a better offer than your party tonight. | 我今晚有更重要的事情要做 |
[11:59] | Louis and I are telling our families our news. | 路易和我要把喜讯向家人宣布 |
[12:01] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[12:02] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[12:04] | Your novel seems to be, very well-punctuated, | 你的书 标点用的不错 |
[12:07] | And I liked the font. | 我喜欢那种字体 |
[12:14] | Yeah. I’ll,I’ll be right over. Bye. | 好的 我马上过去 再见 |
[12:19] | A book written about you guys. It sounds exciting. | 一本关于你们的书 真令人激动 |
[12:23] | I hope he wasn’t writing it when I went nutso last year. | 希望他不是在我去年发疯时写的 |
[12:25] | Trust me, there was enough insanity around | 相信我 你来之前 疯狂的行经 |
[12:27] | Before you even got here. | 在这里比比皆是 |
[12:30] | So… | 听说 |
[12:32] | You and Serena were talking about a girl named Ivy? | 你和瑟琳娜在谈论一个叫艾薇的女孩 |
[12:35] | 我觉得我在珍妮·帕克汉时装秀 上见过 | |
[12:38] | With that name. | 一个名叫艾薇的人 |
[12:40] | Can I help? | 我能帮上忙吗 |
[12:42] | Actually, yeah. | 太好了 |
[12:43] | I was just hoping to find her and give her phone back. | 我正打算找到她后把手机还给她 |
[12:46] | I think she was with one of Lily’s society friends. | 我猜她是和莉莉的一位朋友在一起 |
[12:49] | Maybe we could look through her phone contacts, | 我们可以查她的手机联络人 |
[12:53] | Jog my memory? | 也许我能想起来 |
[12:54] | I left it at the office, but yeah, I could do that. | 我把手机忘在办公室了 但是个好办法 |
[12:56] | Do you happen to remember what she looks like? | 你记得她长什么样子吗 |
[12:59] | Blonde… | 金发美女 |
[13:01] | Boobs… | 曲线迷人 |
[13:02] | Botox? | 皮肤细致 |
[13:04] | That pretty much describes everyone at the event. | 在场所有人基本都像你说的这样 |
[13:08] | If I saw her, I’d probably recognize her. | 要是我看照片 说不定能认出她 |
[13:14] | What’d I miss? | 有什么事吗 |
[13:15] | Nigel Kirstein called for you, | 奈杰尔·柯斯坦给你打过电话 |
[13:19] | And we got an advance copy of this new book | 我们刚拿到了纽约某个新人写的新书抢鲜版 |
[13:21] | By some anonymous New York insider, | 署名无名氏 |
[13:23] | And everyone in town is trying to figure out who. | 大家都在猜测到底是谁 |
[13:25] | Well, I know who. I used to date him. | 我知道 是我前男友 |
[13:30] | Shut up. | 我的天啊 |
[13:32] | No way. You’re “Sabrina”? | 不会吧 你就是书中的”塞布丽娜” |
[13:35] | The dreamy blonde with the legs. | 大家的梦中情人哦 |
[13:38] | I guess I am. | 如假包换 |
[13:40] | Hi,this is | 你好 |
[13:40] | Serena van der woodsen returning. | 瑟琳娜·范德·伍德森给您回电 |
[13:42] | Yeah, I’ll hold. | 好 我不挂 |
[13:43] | Did you actually | 你真的让快递 |
[13:44] | Have cases of champagne delivered to your school? | 你曾经还把香槟送到学校里了吗 |
[13:46] | Is that what he wrote? | 他这么写的吗 |
[13:49] | No, a friend was pulling a prank on me. | 没事儿 有个朋友恶作剧 |
[13:51] | But it happened? | 言外之意 是真事儿呗 |
[13:52] | That was in high school. | 都是高中的事了 |
[13:53] | Keep reading. | 你继续读 |
[13:54] | You’ll see I mature as he gets to know me better. | 你会看到他后来了解到的真实的我 |
[13:57] | Hey. Oh, no, it’s great to hear from you, too. | 不 真高兴你来电 |
[14:02] | What? | 什么 |
[14:04] | Daniel Day-Lewis | 丹尼尔·戴·刘易斯 |
[14:06] | Responded to my letter about “The blue rose”? | 回复了我那封关于”蓝色玫瑰”的信吗 |
[14:09] | Himself? | 他亲自回复的吗 |
[14:12] | Yeah. No, of–of course. | 是的 不 当然 |
[14:14] | Okay, thank you so much. | 好的 非常感谢 |
[14:17] | What was that? | 什么事 |
[14:18] | That was his manager. | 是他的经纪人打来的 |
[14:19] | They–they wanna set up a conference call | 他们想就这个项目开个 |
[14:21] | To talk about the project. | 电话会议讨论一下 |
[14:23] | I have to tell Jane right now. | 我要马上告诉珍这个好消息 |
[14:24] | Oh. Dylan Hunter said everything comes easy for you. | 狄伦·亨特说什么事由你来做都更容易了 |
[14:28] | Keep reading. I told you. | 早告诉过你 耐心读完好吗 |
[14:31] | I’m almost through. | 我快读完了 |
[14:42] | So… I was thinking “Pierre” Maybe if it’s a boy, | 我想如果是男孩就叫他皮埃尔 |
[14:46] | Since it’s a Grimaldi family name. | 古梦迪家族爱用这个名字 |
[14:47] | Why not “Charles”? | 为什么不叫查尔斯 |
[14:49] | It’s a name that seems to have special significance to you. | 这个名字对你有特别的意义 |
[14:53] | W-what? | 什么 |
[14:56] | Louis, is something wrong? | 路易 出了什么事 |
[14:59] | I know you were with Chuck. | 我知道你是去见恰克了 |
[15:02] | Is that who you needed to tell our news to? | 你就是要把我们喜讯告诉他吗 |
[15:05] | No. | 不是 |
[15:07] | It was Serena, and I didn’t even get a chance to. | 是瑟琳娜 但我机会跟她说上话 |
[15:10] | Dan gathered us all together | 丹把大家都聚集在一起 |
[15:11] | because he wrote some novel about everyone, | 是因为他写了一本关于我们的书 |
[15:13] | and he wanted to make sure we knew about it first. | 他想确保我们最先知道这件事 |
[15:16] | But the way he said he made you in that story… | 但他说在那篇故事里 把你写得很不好 |
[15:18] | If there’s an entire book, it could be terrible. | 如果这是整本书 那应该更不堪入目 |
[15:20] | I would expect nothing less. | 我也没期待他会写我什么好的 |
[15:22] | I was mean to him on the steps of the met. | 我在大都会美术馆的阶梯上对他尖酸刻薄 |
[15:23] | I bad-mouthed him repeatedly to his dream girl. | 我不断在他梦中情人的面前诋毁他 |
[15:26] | I tried to undermine him at “W.” | 我还试图在《W》杂志派对上暗算他 |
[15:27] | I-I’m sure he’s brutal. | 我确信他不会手下留情的 |
[15:29] | Look, he may be calling this a novel, | 他也许称这本书为小说 |
[15:31] | but I know just how little imagination he really has. | 但我很清楚他那点想象力 |
[15:34] | It’s a memoir masquerading as fiction | 这是一本冒充成虚构小说的回忆录 |
[15:36] | like a reverse James Frey. | 就像山寨版的詹姆斯·弗雷 |
[15:38] | So you’re going to read it? | 那你打算读吗 |
[15:41] | No. No. | 不 不读 |
[15:42] | And–and you shouldn’t either. | 你也不要读 |
[15:43] | Look… That book has nothing to do with us | 这本书同我们 |
[15:46] | and the family we’re building. | 同我们将组建的家庭都毫无关系 |
[15:48] | Whatever’s in there, even if it is the truth, | 不管小说里写了什么 即使是真实的故事 |
[15:51] | it’s in the past. | 也都是历史了 |
[15:53] | Now if you’ll excuse me, | 我先失陪了 |
[15:55] | this baby of yours is making me so tired, I need to lie down. | 你的孩子让我很疲倦了 我去躺一会儿 |
[16:04] | Still nothing? | 还是找不到吗 |
[16:06] | The woman I met’s not even in the background anywhere. | 连我遇到的那女人的背影都没有 |
[16:10] | Maybe she’s a ghost. | 也许她是个鬼魂 |
[16:12] | Well, at an upper east side event, | 在上东区活动中 |
[16:13] | we just call them first wives. | 我们称她们为正室 |
[16:16] | Nate, can I see you for a minute? | 内特 我们能聊一下吗 |
[16:19] | Uh… Yeah. | 可以 |
[16:21] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:23] | You know, I-I can leave. | 我还是走吧 |
[16:25] | It’s fine. I only need a minute. I’m Diana, by the way. | 没关系 只耽搁一下 对了 我叫戴安娜 |
[16:28] | So I gathered. | 我猜到了 |
[16:30] | Charlie. | 我叫查莉 |
[16:36] | Hey. Who is that and why is she in my office? | 她是谁 为什么在我的办公室里 |
[16:38] | Charlie Rhodes, all right? Serena’s cousin. | 查莉·罗兹 瑟琳娜的堂妹 |
[16:40] | And she said she met a woman named Ivy | 她说上周在时装秀上 |
[16:42] | at the fashion show last week. | 遇到了一个名叫艾薇的女子 |
[16:43] | I don’t care who she is. | 我不管她是谁 |
[16:45] | We can’t have strangers in here going through our photos. | 我们的照片不能给陌生人看 |
[16:47] | You should know better. | 你该心里有数的 |
[16:49] | Listen, she’s trustworthy, I promise. | 她很可靠 我向你保证 |
[16:51] | I don’t care. Get rid of her. | 我不管 让她走 |
[16:54] | I’m sorry. I… | 抱歉 我 |
[16:57] | wasn’t any more help. | 也没帮上什么忙 |
[16:58] | If I remember anything more about her, I’ll let you know. | 如果我想起有关她的事情 再通知你 |
[17:02] | It was really nice to meet you. I’ve heard so much. | 很高兴认识你 真是久闻大名 |
[17:05] | I’ll see you. | 再见 |
[17:06] | Bye. | 再见 |
[17:15] | Thanks for letting me hang here, man. | 谢谢你让我待在这里 伙计 |
[17:17] | I’m rather enjoying watching you squirm. Scotch? | 我就是喜欢看你纠结 来杯苏格兰威士忌 |
[17:20] | It’s, like, 2:00 P.M. | 这才下午两点钟 |
[17:21] | Valium then? | 那来片安定药 |
[17:23] | I’m guessing my dad is, uh, probably halfway through | 我估计我爸爸应该看到一半了 |
[17:26] | and Nate’s probably still on page 20. | 内特也许只看了二十页 |
[17:29] | I wonder if they’re gonna be upset with me. | 不知道他们会不会生我的气 |
[17:30] | Alessandra said it isn’t that scathing. | 亚历山德拉说内容不是那么有损名誉 |
[17:32] | And I–and I–I am– I’m harshest on myself. | 我是自寻烦恼 |
[17:35] | I hope they can see that. Come here, buddy. | 希望他们也这么觉得 过来 伙计 |
[17:38] | Stop whining. | 别唧唧歪歪了 |
[17:39] | You’re not the first person | 你不是第一个 |
[17:40] | to use the world around them for inspiration. | 利用周围朋友寻找灵感的人 |
[17:43] | Didn’t your dad get temporarily famous singing about Lily? | 你爸不是唱了首关于莉莉的歌而红极一时吗 |
[17:46] | Yeah, but my book isn’t a love song, you know? | 是的 但我的书可没情歌那么美好 |
[17:51] | Why aren’t you mad at me? | 你怎么不生我的气 |
[17:53] | Your character dies… accidentally, | 你那个角色死掉了 当然是意外 |
[17:55] | but it’s not a– it’s not a happy ending. | 但毕竟 不是幸福的结局 |
[17:56] | On the contrary– although clearly fiction. | 恰恰与现实相反 虽然明显是虚构的 |
[18:00] | I’ve never use a belt. | 我是不会用皮带的 |
[18:01] | I’d use a shahtoosh scarf. Much softer. | 我会用羚羊绒围巾 更柔软些 |
[18:06] | Well, let’s hope everyone else shares your point of view. | 真希望大家都能持你这种态度 |
[18:08] | All success comes at a price. | 成功是要付出代价的 |
[18:10] | The artist must stand alone to observe the crowd, right? | 孤独的艺术家才能真正审视大众 |
[18:14] | It’s funny. Vanessa said the same thing. | 有意思 瓦内萨说过同样的话 |
[18:17] | Hey, dad. W– | 爸爸 |
[18:20] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[18:22] | Great. You’re coming. All right. | 太好了 你会参加 好的 |
[18:24] | Uh, you know, I have another call, but–but, uh, | 我得接另一通电话 |
[18:27] | but I’ll see you tonight. Okay? All right. | 今晚见 好吗 |
[18:30] | Hello? | 你好 |
[18:31] | Seems like things are looking up for lonely boy. | 似乎一切柳暗花明了 寂寞男孩 |
[18:34] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[18:36] | It means a lot that you’re coming. | 你能来对我意义重大 |
[18:37] | Let’s hope they’ve actually read the book | 希望他们真的读了这本书 |
[18:39] | and not judged it by its cover. | 而不是仅凭封面就下了定论 |
[18:51] | How is it I can sleep for two hours | 我怎么睡了两个小时 |
[18:53] | and still be so exhausted? | 还是觉得很累 |
[18:55] | Louis, are you sitting here by yourself? | 路易 你一直独自坐在这里吗 |
[18:58] | I was just, uh, waiting for you to wake up | 我在等你醒来 |
[18:59] | so I could tell you the bad news. | 告诉你一个坏消息 |
[19:01] | My family is not going to make it. | 我的家人来不了了 |
[19:04] | There is a terrible storm over the Atlantic | 由于太西洋上的暴风雨 |
[19:05] | that has delayed their trip. | 他们的航班延误了 |
[19:08] | I-I’ll let my mom and Cyrus know. | 我 那我去通知我母亲和塞勒斯 |
[19:10] | We can tell them tomorrow when Sophie and Beatrice arrive. | 等明天索菲和碧儿翠思到了 我们再宣布喜讯 |
[19:12] | If they make it by then. | 如果他们那时能来 |
[19:16] | Well… What do you want to do tonight instead? | 那你今晚想另作安排吗 |
[19:19] | Shall I make a reservation for Gramercy Tavern? | 要我在谢来喜酒馆预订个位置吗 |
[19:22] | I have some work to catch up on. | 我还有些工作要做 |
[19:26] | Why don’t you go to Dan’s book party? | 你去参加丹的新书推广会吧 |
[19:29] | I’m sure he’d love to see you. | 我相信他会很高兴见到你 |
[19:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:40] | Louis just lied to me about his family. | 路易说家人不来 是在骗我 |
[19:44] | How you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[19:44] | My outfit for tonight’s announcement | 为了今晚宣布喜讯 |
[19:46] | included a pair of crocodile Alaia’s, | 我准备穿阿拉亚的鳄鱼皮鞋 |
[19:48] | and you can’t wear such a beautiful shoe | 那双精致的鞋子 哪怕外面下一点点小雨 |
[19:50] | if there’s even a hint of sprinkle outside. | 我都是不会穿的 |
[19:53] | So of course I checked the weather. | 所以我是查过天气预告的 |
[19:54] | Clear from Monaco to Manhattan. | 从摩纳哥到曼哈顿一路都万里无云 |
[19:56] | Maybe have something to do with lonely boy book. | 也许跟寂寞男孩书里的内容有关 |
[19:59] | Louis was reading while you sleep. | 你睡觉时 路易读了这本书 |
[20:02] | He did not look happy. | 他看起来很不开心 |
[20:04] | I told him not to read it. | 我告诉过他不要读 |
[20:07] | It’s not like there’s anything in it that he doesn’t know about me. | 书里所有关于我的事 他都已经知道了 |
[20:14] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[20:16] | I’m gonna kill Dan Humphrey. | 我要宰了丹·汉弗瑞 |
[20:20] | Oh, God, the R.S.V.P.s are rolling in! | 天啊 好多人确定要参加呢 |
[20:22] | The literary world is saying “yes” to you. | 看来文学界很买你的帐 |
[20:25] | To “Anonymous.” | 是对那个”无名氏”感兴趣吧 |
[20:26] | Let’s hope they’re still interested | 但愿他们发现真相之后 |
[20:27] | when they find out he’s me. | 还会对我感兴趣 |
[20:28] | They will be. | 一定会的 |
[20:30] | That and dying to know | 他们非常想知道 |
[20:31] | who you based the characters on. | 书中各角色的原型是谁 |
[20:32] | We’ll want to get a photo of | 今天晚上 我们要拍一张 |
[20:34] | you with all your friends tonight. | 你和朋友们的合影 |
[20:34] | That way, people can play the guessing game of who’s who. | 这样人们就可以尽情想象谁是谁啦 |
[20:39] | You know, I don’t–I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:40] | I’m not sure that they’re gonna want to… | 我不知道 他们愿不愿意 |
[20:41] | To be the lead photo on “New York Social Diary”? | 上《纽约社会日记》的头条 |
[20:43] | They wouldn’t all be coming if they didn’t want to support you. | 如果他们支持你 他们就一定会来 |
[20:46] | Well, not everyone’s coming. Blair’s not. | 有人不来 比如布莱尔 |
[20:47] | Yes, she is. | 谁说的 |
[20:49] | She just R.S.V.P.’d. It’s right here. | 她刚回复说要参加 你看 |
[20:51] | Blair Waldorf, no plus-one. | 布莱尔·霍道夫 一人 |
[20:55] | Really? ’cause she told me herself that she– | 不会吧 她亲口告诉我 她… |
[20:58] | 布莱尔 来我公寓 就现在 | |
[21:02] | So, my ex in Scott Rudin’s office called. | 我前女友在斯科特·鲁丁办公室工作 |
[21:06] | Apparently, everyone is talking about | 她刚才打电话过来 说大家都在讨论 |
[21:08] | the book that your friend wrote and your character in it. | 你朋友的那本书 还有你在其中的角色 |
[21:11] | Oh, I told him that you’re Sabrina. | 我告诉他 你是塞布丽娜 |
[21:12] | I hope that’s not a problem. | 没关系吧 |
[21:13] | No, not at all. | 没事 |
[21:15] | It’s nice to play such a big part in Dan’s book. | 能让丹花不少笔墨在我身上 挺好的 |
[21:17] | We’ve always been so close. | 我们一直走得很近 |
[21:19] | He must’ve been a saint to put with you that long. | 能忍你那么久 他这人一定很不错 |
[21:22] | Remind me never to | 记得提醒我 |
[21:23] | start a juice fast the day we talk | 和丹尼尔·戴·刘易斯见面那天 |
[21:25] | to Daniel Day-Lewis. | 千万不要 果蔬汁断食 |
[21:26] | Uh, your pineapple mint’s on the desk. | 你的菠萝薄荷水在桌子上 |
[21:32] | Better. Let’s seal this deal. | 很好 这事应该搞定了 |
[21:34] | Jane Bettinger’s office. | 简·贝廷格办公室 |
[21:36] | Serena? | 瑟琳娜吗 |
[21:37] | Yeah. Hi, Nigel. It’s me. | 是 奈杰尔 是我 |
[21:38] | I’m putting you on speaker with Jane now. | 我把电话转成免提 让简和你通话 |
[21:40] | Daniel’s manager. | 丹尼尔的经纪人 |
[21:42] | We’re going to need to postpone the meeting. | 我们得推迟见面安排 |
[21:44] | Sorry for the short notice. | 很抱歉 临时通知你们 |
[21:45] | Uh, hold on a minute. I need to hop on another call. | 稍等 我得接另外一个电话 |
[21:50] | I wonder if this has anything to do | 这不会跟你在书中的角色 |
[21:52] | with you being in that book. | 有关系吧 |
[21:54] | D.D.L. is notoriously anti-anything sceney. | 丹尼尔非常讨厌不良少女 大家都知道 |
[21:57] | What are you talking about? | 你胡扯什么呢 |
[21:58] | Oh, well, there’s this novel going around town | 那本书现在非常火 |
[22:01] | with a character based on Serena. | 大家都知道 塞布丽娜的原型是瑟琳娜 |
[22:03] | “Sabrina” is a totally shallow, | 塞布里娜在书里是个不学无术 |
[22:05] | self-obsessed party girl. | 以自我为中心的派对女王 |
[22:08] | Yes, uh, I finished it. | 我看完了 |
[22:10] | Aren’t you being a little reductive? | 你不觉得 这话不合逻辑吗 |
[22:11] | And ridiculous. | 简直可笑 |
[22:13] | Daniel lives on a farm in Ireland. | 丹尼尔现在还在爱尔兰的农场呢 |
[22:15] | His cow’s probably giving birth right now, | 很有可能是 他的牛要生了 |
[22:17] | and everything isn’t about Serena. | 不关瑟琳娜的事 |
[22:19] | Sorry about that. I’m afraid right now | 很抱歉 丹尼尔近期 |
[22:21] | is not a a good time for Daniel to be looking | 恐怕不太方便 |
[22:23] | at this particular project. | 看你们的电影剧本 |
[22:25] | Wait. I’m–I’m sorry. You’re–you’re passing? | 不好意思打断下 你们不再考虑下 |
[22:27] | Sorry, Sabrina. | 抱歉 塞布丽娜 |
[22:29] | Movie business. It’s all about timing. Cheers. | 拍电影是要看时机的 干杯 |
[22:32] | Did he just say “Sabrina”? | 他刚才叫你塞布丽娜 |
[22:42] | Did you spend extra time doing your hair tonight, Nathaniel? | 今晚去做头发了 内特尼尔 |
[22:44] | I don’t mind that Dan made me gay. | 我才不介意 丹把我写成同志呢 |
[22:47] | I know. I was actually a little offended he didn’t make me gay. | 晓得 他没这么写我 我倒有点生气 |
[22:50] | Personally, I thought you’d be more annoyed | 个人认为 他把你和艾瑞克合而为一 |
[22:51] | at being conflated with Eric. | 应该会让你十分恼火 |
[22:56] | You didn’t read it, did you? | 你还没看吧 |
[22:57] | What do you mean by conflated? | 什么叫合而为一 |
[23:01] | Your character is two years younger than everyone else | 在书里 你比大家都小两岁 |
[23:04] | and is best friends with the narrator’s little sister Frankie. | 和作者的小妹妹弗兰基是好朋友 |
[23:08] | In fact, the only thing I think you share | 事实上 书中唯一有你影子的地方就是 |
[23:10] | is lacrosse and a good political pedigree. | 书中的你也喜欢曲棍球 家里背景同样显赫 |
[23:14] | What’s my character’s name again? | 我在书里叫什么名字 |
[23:16] | Derek. | 德里克 |
[23:23] | What took you so long? | 你怎么现在才来 |
[23:24] | I got your text, and I came right over. What’s wrong? | 我收到短信就赶过来了 怎么了 |
[23:25] | I can’t believe you told everyone. | 真不敢相信 你居然公开了 |
[23:27] | It was supposed to be our secret. | 我们说好 要保守的秘密 |
[23:28] | You’re the one who wanted it kept secret, not me. | 想保密的人是你 不是我 |
[23:30] | I have a life… future… plans, | 我有我的生活 未来 还有计划 |
[23:33] | and… you can’t just screw this up. | 你不能毁了这一切 |
[23:36] | I didn’t mean to. | 我没想毁了啊 |
[23:37] | You have to understand. | 你给我记着 |
[23:39] | There is nothing between us– | 我们俩之间什么都没有 |
[23:41] | not then, not now. | 现在也好 将来也好 |
[23:43] | Nothing. | 一清二白 |
[23:44] | I don’t believe you. | 我才不信你呢 |
[23:50] | Do you believe me now? | 现在相信了吧 |
[23:57] | Can we dair believe? | 大家能相信吗 |
[23:59] | Queen B. and lonely boy doing the deed? | B女王和寂寞男孩在一起了 |
[24:04] | Even I have to admit it’s a novel idea. | 就连我也认为 顶多是小说里的情节 |
[24:19] | Dan! What are you doing here? | 丹 你来这干吗 |
[24:21] | I’m supposed to be here. It’s my party, isn’t it? | 我当然要来 这是我的新书推广会 |
[24:23] | Yes, but when it’s your party, you arrive late, | 是 但主角往往要晚点来 |
[24:25] | and the later the better, | 越晚越好 |
[24:27] | especially because we want a big frenzy around the reveal | 我们想让大家大吃一惊 |
[24:30] | that you are “Anonymous.” | 原来你就是那个”无名氏” |
[24:32] | I need to put you somewhere no one will see you. | 你得躲起来 不能让别人看到你 |
[24:34] | So I’m supposed to just hide in here? | 你让我躲在这里 |
[24:36] | Yeah, you can sign books while you wait. | 你可以先在书上签名 |
[24:37] | And do not come out until I tell you. | 我叫你 你再出来 |
[24:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:56] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:57] | Oh. No, no, it was me. I wasn’t looking. | 是我不好 没看路 |
[25:01] | I’m on my way to an event. | 我有点事要出去 |
[25:02] | Is it drinks with me? | 是跟我去喝酒吗 |
[25:05] | I wish I could say it was, but it’s a family thing. | 我也想 但家里有点事 |
[25:08] | Come on. What sounds more fun? | 好啦 想想看 哪样更有意思呢 |
[25:11] | Your family… | 是回家 |
[25:13] | or a dirty Martini with a stranger? | 还是和陌生人喝杯马丁尼 |
[25:15] | Well, a Martini or two could be nice. | 几杯小酒 听着不错 |
[25:21] | Flighty? Irresponsible? I’m gonna kill him. | 轻浮 不负责任 他怎么不去死 |
[25:25] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[25:26] | Yes, you are. | 没长眼啊 |
[25:31] | Oh, I am so sorry Nate couldn’t come. | 内特来不了了 抱歉 |
[25:34] | Not as sorry as Dan’s going to be. | 跟丹要抱歉的相比 这简直是小巫见大巫 |
[25:36] | Wonder where he is. | 他人在哪 |
[25:37] | Hi. I’m Alessandra, Dan’s agent. | 你好 我是亚历山德拉 丹的经纪人 |
[25:38] | You must be his dad. | 您是他父亲吧 |
[25:40] | It is a pleasure to meet you, | 很高兴见到你们 |
[25:41] | Mr. Humphrey, and you, Mrs. Humphrey. | 汉弗瑞先生 汉弗瑞太太 |
[25:43] | Oh, you can call me Lily. | 叫我莉莉就好 |
[25:44] | And this is Sloane Cosley, the best-selling author | 这位是斯隆·克罗斯利 畅销书作家 |
[25:47] | of “I was told there’d be cake.” | 她的作品是《听说会有蛋糕》 |
[25:48] | Which I am still in search of, | 我还在继续寻找中 |
[25:50] | so if you’ll excuse me. | 所以我得失陪了 |
[25:52] | Oh, it’s so nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[25:55] | Where is the man of the hour? | 那位风云人物哪去了 |
[25:56] | He’s early to everything. | 他可是每次都会早到的 |
[25:57] | I’m hiding him. He’ll be out soon. | 我把他藏起来了 他一会儿就出来 |
[26:00] | And you must be Mr. Charlie Trout. | 您一定是查理·特鲁先生了 |
[26:02] | I have been dying to meet you. | 我一直都很想认识您 |
[26:05] | Care to join me for a drink? | 想不想和我喝一杯 |
[26:07] | You know, I just saw Graydon. | 对了 我刚看见格雷顿了 |
[26:08] | Maybe we should go say hello. | 我们去和他打个招呼吧 |
[26:09] | Nice meeting you. | 我们先失陪了 |
[26:11] | Ciao. | 再见[意大利语] |
[26:12] | I was nervous you wouldn’t show up, | 我还担心你不会来呢 |
[26:14] | considering your portrayal in the book. | 考虑到你在书里的形象 |
[26:15] | Why would I be upset? | 为什么我要担心呢 |
[26:17] | I don’t know. Your character’s story is so tragic, | 我不知道 你的角色有个悲剧的故事 |
[26:19] | even before he dies. | 到他临死前都是 |
[26:21] | And the way it happens– all I could think was | 至于它是怎么发生的 我只是在想 |
[26:24] | how long you must have been hanging there | 在他们找到你之前 |
[26:25] | before anybody found you. | 你到底在那里呆了多久 |
[26:27] | I have plenty of staff. | 我有很多助理人员 |
[26:28] | They would have found me immediately. | 他们很快就能找到我 |
[26:30] | Staff? Not friends or family? | 助理人员 不是朋友或者家人吗 |
[26:33] | Makes it even worse. | 听上去更悲剧了 |
[26:44] | Hello? | 你好 |
[26:46] | Hi. I’m looking for an Ivy Dickens. | 你好 我找艾薇·迪肯斯 |
[26:48] | Yeah. This is sh– | 是 是她– |
[26:50] | She? I figured as much. | 她吗 我认为也是这样 |
[26:54] | Don’t bother lying | 你不用费心思撒谎了 |
[26:55] | or hanging up. | 也不用挂电话 |
[26:56] | We met this morning when you were | 今天早上当你还是查莉·罗兹的时候 |
[26:57] | Charlie Rhodes. Remember me now? | 我们见过面 想起我了吗 |
[27:05] | Hey, do you know where Dan is? | 你知道丹在哪儿吗 |
[27:06] | Can you believe what he wrote about me? | 你能相信他是怎么写我的吗 |
[27:08] | Which part? Sabrina is glamorous, sexy, beautiful. | 哪一部分 塞布丽娜迷人 性感又美丽 |
[27:12] | Selfish, insensitive, shallow. | 自私 麻木 肤浅 |
[27:14] | Let me tell you, from experience, | 我给你说 据我的经验 |
[27:15] | everyone loves a villain. | 每个人都喜欢反派角色 |
[27:17] | Yeah, I told Blair the same thing, | 是啊 我也是这么对布莱尔说的 |
[27:18] | but then I realize if that’s true, | 但我后来明白如果真是这样 |
[27:19] | why are you always alone? | 你又为什么总是一个人 |
[27:22] | Not one word. Have you seen Dan? | 什么都别说 你看见丹了没有 |
[27:24] | No. Have you? | 没有 你呢 |
[27:25] | Did you see what he wrote about me? | 你看到他是什么写我的了吗 |
[27:26] | No, I didn’t have time to read all of it, | 还没 我没时间全部看完 |
[27:28] | just the parts about me. | 我只看了写我的那部分 |
[27:29] | Me, too. | 我也一样 |
[27:31] | Check the study. | 去书房看看他在不在 |
[27:36] | Nate, hey, are you here? | 内特 你来了吗 |
[27:37] | My agent has me locked in the study. | 我的代理人把我锁在书房里了 |
[27:39] | Please tell me the party’s good. | 派对还不错吧 |
[27:40] | I decided not to come. | 我决定不去了 |
[27:42] | What? Why? Is everything okay? | 什么 为什么 你还好吗 |
[27:44] | No, dude. It’s–it’s not. | 不 老兄 不好 |
[27:46] | What? I thought you… | 怎么了 我以为你 |
[27:47] | Derek? Really? | 德里克 有没有搞错 |
[27:49] | I mean, I can’t believe I’m not even important enough | 我不敢相信我居然这么不重要 |
[27:51] | to merit my own character. | 都不配拥有一个我自己的角色 |
[27:52] | I’m one of your best friends, Dan. | 我可是你最好的朋友 丹 |
[27:54] | At least I thought I was. | 至少我以为我是 |
[27:55] | No, every writer condenses people | 不是的 每个作家都会缩减作品人物 |
[27:57] | for better dramatic effect. | 为了达到更好的戏剧效果 |
[27:58] | Hemingway did it. Uh, Joseph Mitchell did it. | 海明威这么做过 约瑟夫·米切尔也是 |
[28:00] | It’s, you know– | 这是 怎么说呢 |
[28:01] | You have a lot of explaining to do, Humphrey! | 你给我解释清楚 汉弗瑞 |
[28:03] | I am so sorry I wasn’t able to stop by. | 很抱歉我刚才没去找你 |
[28:05] | Nate, I gotta call you back | 内特 我等会儿再打给你 |
[28:06] | ’cause Blair and Serena are here. | 布莱尔和瑟琳娜来了 |
[28:07] | Oh, right, because they’re more important, | 对啊 她们比我重要多了 |
[28:09] | which is why they got their own characters. | 所以她们能有自己的角色 |
[28:10] | No, wait. | 不是 别挂 |
[28:13] | Nate is… | 内特他… |
[28:14] | Furious? Yeah, because I am. | 狂怒中 对 我也一样 |
[28:16] | And I’m more furious, if that’s even possible. | 我更生气 气到不能再气了 |
[28:18] | I could lose my job over this. | 我可能会因此丢了工作 |
[28:20] | I could lose my fiance! | 我可能会丢了我的未婚夫 |
[28:22] | Wait. What? I didn’t read your parts. | 等等 你说什么 我没读关于你的那段 |
[28:25] | He wrote that we had sex! | 他写我和他上过床了 |
[28:27] | You slept with Dan? | 你和丹睡过了吗 |
[28:28] | No, you really think I would do that? | 没有 你真觉得我会那么做吗 |
[28:29] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[28:30] | Is this true? | 是真的吗 |
[28:31] | Of course it’s true. This is why you had me kill your story | 当然是真的 怪不得你要我封杀你的书 |
[28:35] | and why you asked me not to read it. | 还告诉我不要读这本书 |
[28:38] | I came here because I thought my suspicions ridiculous. | 我来这是因为我觉得我的多疑很荒谬 |
[28:42] | Turns out the only thing ridiculous is me. | 结果发现唯一荒谬的是我自己 |
[28:46] | I should have known. | 我早该想到的 |
[28:46] | Dan, your father and stepmother… | 丹 你的父亲和继母… |
[28:49] | – Oh, great. You’re all here. – Hi! | -太好了 你们都在 -嗨 |
[28:51] | Perfect opportunity for… a photo! | 拍照片的最佳时机 |
[28:54] | Everyone in? | 大家都进来吧 |
[28:55] | Looks like the best piece of fiction is that people… | 看上去这小说最好的部分是 |
[28:58] | Smile. | 笑一笑 |
[28:58] | are actually happy for Dan Humphrey. | 那些真心为丹·汉弗瑞高兴的人 |
[29:00] | “Inside.” | 《局外人》 |
[29:04] | Is this what you’ve been trying to tell me all day? | 这就是你今天一直想告诉我的事情吗 |
[29:06] | No, because it never happened. | 不是 因为它从来没有发生过 |
[29:08] | It never happened. | 根本没有这事 |
[29:09] | I don’t believe a word you say. | 你说的话我一个字都不信 |
[29:11] | You said yourself that Dan has no imagination. | 是你自己说的 丹不会凭想象写作 |
[29:14] | Okay, uh, thanks, but, Louis, it didn’t happen. | 谢谢 可是路易 真的没发生过 |
[29:17] | I would never lie to you. You know that. | 我永远都不会骗你 你知道的 |
[29:21] | I never know with you… Um… | 我永远都无法了解你 |
[29:22] | And that’s the problem. | 这才是问题所在 |
[29:24] | We’re gonna go check on the guests. Come on, Rufus. | 我们去看看谁在这 来吧 鲁弗斯 |
[29:28] | I have no reason to stay here any longer. | 我没理由再呆在这里了 |
[29:32] | You had better hope I can stop your fantasy life | 你最好希望 我能挽救 |
[29:35] | from destroying my real one. | 被你幻想人生所毁掉的我的真实生活 |
[29:37] | Blair, I never wanted us to come between you two. | 布莱尔 我从没想过用我们的事来拆撒你们 |
[29:39] | When are you gonna get it through your head? | 你什么时候才能弄明白啊 |
[29:41] | There’s no “Us.” There never was! | 没有”我们” 从来都没有 |
[29:43] | There’s nothing here but friendship, | 除了友情什么都没有 |
[29:44] | and even that’s gone now. | 现在连友情都没了 |
[29:47] | Please tell me it is time for my entrance. | 快告诉我现在该我进场了 |
[29:48] | Not yet, but you’ll be fine here with your friend. | 还没 你和你朋友在这里不是挺好的 |
[30:04] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[30:06] | Just a hunch. But then I did my research. | 直觉 不过我也做了些调查 |
[30:10] | Quite a web you’ve spun. | 你编了一个多大的谎啊 |
[30:12] | But what I can’t quite figure out is why. | 不过我有些不明白你为什么这么做 |
[30:15] | Maybe the people you’ve been lying to could explain it to me. | 也许那些被你蒙在鼓里的人能解释 |
[30:19] | I didn’t ask for any of it. | 我其实也不想这样 |
[30:23] | Serena’s aunt, Carol Rhodes, paid me | 瑟琳娜的姨妈 卡萝·瑞德 |
[30:27] | to impersonate her daughter Charlie | 为了能得到她的信托基金 |
[30:30] | So she could access her trust fund. | 雇我假冒她的女儿 查莉 |
[30:33] | It worked. | 她得到了 |
[30:35] | And I took the money and went back to my real life, | 然后我拿了钱 回到了属于自己的生活 |
[30:37] | Only Serena found me and dragged me back here. | 可我遇见了瑟琳娜 她又将我拉回来 |
[30:43] | Now I’m trapped. | 我现在进退两难 |
[30:45] | So now you can’t get out. | 所以现在你也无法抽身而去 |
[30:49] | Or maybe you don’t want to. | 或者你根本不想离开 |
[30:52] | That dress suits you, as does living in a penthouse, I’m sure. | 这裙子蛮适合你 像个富家女的样子 |
[30:56] | I’m not… in it for the money. | 我不是为了钱而来 |
[31:00] | Maybe I was before, but now for the first time in my life, | 之前也许是的 但这一次 |
[31:04] | I feel like I actually belong somewhere. | 我感觉我是属于这里的 |
[31:07] | But you don’t. | 但你并不属于这里 |
[31:09] | And when these people realize you’re not one of them, | 当这些人发现你不是他们当中一员 |
[31:12] | They’re gonna destroy you. | 他们会让你死得很惨 |
[31:15] | Please don’t tell them. | 请别告诉他们 |
[31:17] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[31:21] | I’m gonna protect you, if you let me. | 如果你愿意 我会保护你 |
[31:25] | What do you want? | 你想得到什么 |
[31:33] | You’re making a big mistake. | 你犯了个大错 |
[31:37] | In thinking that Blair could be trusted, yes. | 你是指相信布莱尔吗 是的 |
[31:41] | She will always have her secrets. | 她总是藏着秘密 |
[31:43] | She can’t exist without them. | 没有秘密就没有她 |
[31:46] | You were right, after all. | 总之 你是对的 |
[31:48] | You should never listen to me. | 你不该听我说的那些 |
[31:49] | If you read Dan’s book, you know how I turn out. | 你要是读了丹的书 就知道我是什么结局 |
[31:56] | You have a chance | 你有机会 |
[31:59] | at having love in your life, | 拥有一生的爱 |
[32:03] | not ending up alone… | 不会孤独终老 |
[32:06] | Hanging in a closet. | 吊死在橱柜中 |
[32:12] | Don’t give up on your own fact | 相信自己真实的感受 |
[32:16] | over someone else’s fiction. | 别管他人怎么胡编乱造 |
[32:24] | I’m sorry you’re hurt. | 不好意思让你受伤了 |
[32:25] | No, not hurt. Mystified. | 我没有受伤 只是纳闷 |
[32:28] | In high school, you were the only one | 高中的时候 只有你让我意识到了 |
[32:29] | who saw me for who I really was or who I wanted to be. | 真正的自己 意识到自己未来想做什么 |
[32:33] | You helped me be somebody that I was more proud of. | 是你让我变得更加自信 |
[32:37] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道这些 |
[32:39] | Do you even remember the girl that you fell in love with? | 你还记得你爱上的那个女孩吗 |
[32:41] | Or just that she got so drunk on Thanksgiving | 一个在感恩节喝得酩酊大醉 |
[32:43] | that she got grazed by a taxi | 而被出租车擦伤的女孩 |
[32:45] | Or that she got married in Barcelona | 一个在巴萨罗那结过婚的女孩 |
[32:47] | Or slept with not one but two of her professors? | 还和她的两个教授都睡过觉的女孩 |
[32:50] | I hate to break it to you, but those things… Happened. | 我不想曝光你的私事 但这些 就这么发生了 |
[32:53] | It’s not the things. | 曝光些什么不重要 |
[32:54] | It’s how you wrote about them. | 重要的是你怎么写这些事的 |
[32:55] | That’s the point. Dylan Hunter is a judgmental dick | 你说对了 狄伦·亨特是个自以为是的混蛋 |
[32:58] | Who can’t even look at himself in the mirror. | 不撒泡尿照照自己是谁 |
[32:59] | My character comes off the worst of all of them. | 我书中的主角是最悲哀的角色 |
[33:02] | He–he puts off his writing. He misses job interviews. | 他放弃写作 错过面试机会 |
[33:05] | He ignores his grades. Why? | 不在乎他的学业 为什么 |
[33:08] | Because he cares more for a pretty blonde | 因为比起他的未来 |
[33:10] | than he does his own future, and in the end, | 他更在乎一个漂亮的女孩 |
[33:11] | none of his friends are happy for his success. | 然而最后没有一个朋友为他的成功而高兴 |
[33:13] | They all turn their backs on him, and he deserves it! | 他们都离他而去 他活该 |
[33:16] | Yeah. He does. | 是的 他活该 |
[33:22] | I need to find Blair. I gotta make sure she’s okay. | 我要去找布莱尔 确保她没事 |
[33:24] | No, we’re not done here. | 不行 我们俩还没说完呢 |
[33:26] | I just messed up her engagement. | 我坏了她的婚约 |
[33:27] | I could ruin her life. | 这将毁了她的生活 |
[33:28] | Yeah, and what about mine? | 是啊 那我呢 |
[33:29] | If you can’t tell the difference between what I did to Blair | 如果你分辨不出我对布莱尔 |
[33:32] | And what I did to you, | 和对你的区别 |
[33:33] | Then maybe your portrayal in the book | 那书中对你的描写 |
[33:35] | is more accurate than you thought. | 就再贴切不过了 |
[33:36] | That sounds exactly like something | 这确实像狄伦·亨特 |
[33:38] | Dylan Hunter would say. | 嘴里说出的话 |
[33:41] | It’s time. You ready for your big moment? | 时间到了 准备好了吗 |
[33:46] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[33:50] | Everyone? Everyone. | 各位 各位 |
[33:51] | Hi. I-I know you’re not all here to hear me speak | 我知道大家来这儿不是听我讲话的 |
[33:54] | but to finally find out who is “Anonymous.” | 是想知道究竟谁是”无名氏” |
[33:59] | It is with great pleasure | 我感到非常荣幸 |
[34:00] | that I introduce you to the amazingly special | 向大家介绍这位特别的 |
[34:02] | and very talented author of “Inside”… | 极富天赋的 《局外人》的作者 |
[34:06] | Dan Humphrey. | 丹·汉弗瑞 |
[34:21] | Looks like Dan Humphrey’s on the fast track | 貌似丹·汉弗瑞一秒钟由寂寞男孩 |
[34:23] | from lonely boy to only boy. | 变身为焦点男孩 |
[34:41] | Louis didn’t return my calls all night. | 路易一个晚上都没有回我电话 |
[34:45] | I don’t know if he’ll ever speak to me again. | 我不知道他还会不会理我 |
[34:47] | Is that what you were trying to tell me yesterday? | 这就是你昨天想要告诉我的事吗 |
[34:50] | Have you two been having trouble? | 你俩之间出现了问题 |
[34:52] | No. | 不是 |
[34:54] | Quite the contrary, in fact. | 事实上恰好相反 |
[34:57] | I wish I was telling you this at a better time, but… | 我希望不是在这个时候告诉你 但是 |
[35:01] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[35:03] | What? | 什么 |
[35:05] | Oh, my gosh! | 天呐 |
[35:07] | Blair, that’s amazing! | 布莱尔 太棒了 |
[35:12] | Wait. That’s… That’s good news, right? | 等等 这是好消息 对吧 |
[35:15] | Well, I was happy. So happy. | 我本来是高兴的 非常高兴 |
[35:18] | But now what if I’m in this alone? | 要是现在只剩我一个人面对怎么办 |
[35:21] | No, you’re not alone. Never. | 不 你不会一个人面对的 永远不会 |
[35:24] | I know I may have been busy since I got back, | 我知道我回来之后一直很忙 |
[35:26] | but that doesn’t mean I’m not here for you. | 但并不代表我不在你身边 |
[35:30] | I can always count on you. | 我总是可以依赖你 |
[35:32] | I just wish Louis felt the same about me. | 我希望路易也能让我依赖 |
[35:35] | I do. | 我可以 |
[35:39] | I’m gonna get ready for work. | 我要去上班了 |
[35:41] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[35:43] | Let me know if you need me. | 需要我就给我打电话 |
[35:50] | Louis… | 路易… |
[35:51] | Don’t. I’m ashamed enough at my behavior. | 无需多言 我对我的所作所为已经够内疚了 |
[35:55] | I know you have a complicated past, | 我知道你的过去很复杂 |
[35:57] | but you’ve been honest about it. | 但你能够坦然面对 |
[36:03] | It’s hard for me. | 这对我来说很难 |
[36:05] | I want to believe, but every time I turn, | 我想去相信你 但每当我相信了这一次 |
[36:08] | there seems to be another secret. | 又有更多的秘密等着我 |
[36:09] | That night at Constance, you gave me a choice. | 在康斯坦斯的那晚 你给我了一次机会 |
[36:13] | And now I’m giving you one. | 现在我也给你一次 |
[36:16] | Either you find a way to trust me, or you let me go. | 无论你相信我还是让我离开 |
[36:21] | I could never let you go. | 我永远都不会放开你的手 |
[36:43] | Thanks for seeing me. | 谢谢你抽空见我 |
[36:44] | Of course, Charles. I’m so happy you called. | 客气什么 查尔斯 我很高兴 |
[36:47] | It’s been a long time. | 我们也好久没见了 |
[36:50] | Rufus isn’t here if you need to talk. | 鲁弗斯不在家 你要谈什么都很方便 |
[36:56] | Seems like I’m always off on my own. | 我好像总是孤身一人的那一个 |
[36:59] | I thought you liked it that way. | 我一直以为你喜欢那样的你 |
[37:03] | I don’t want to be the unrepentant bad boy | 我不想做那个顽固不化的坏小子 |
[37:07] | who no one cares lives or dies. | 是生是死都没有人在乎 |
[37:10] | It’s just a book, Charles. | 这只是本小说 查尔斯 |
[37:11] | What if it isn’t? | 如果不是呢 |
[37:13] | There are people that care so deeply for you | 只要你愿意敞开怀抱 |
[37:16] | if you would just let them. | 有很多人都非常关心你 |
[37:19] | Blair is lost to me. | 我已经失去布莱尔了 |
[37:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:26] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[37:40] | Hey, how was the party? | 新书推广会怎么样 |
[37:41] | Oh, I didn’t go. | 我没去 |
[37:43] | Dan Humphrey wasn’t exactly the friend I thought he was. | 丹·汉弗瑞并不是我以为的那种朋友 |
[37:45] | Mm. I’m sorry to hear it. | 我很遗憾 |
[37:47] | I know how important loyalty is to you. | 我知道忠诚对你来说有多重要 |
[37:49] | But I think I have something that might cheer you up. | 但是我想我有件事能让你开心点 |
[37:52] | I wanna introduce you to your new colleague. | 我想把你介绍给你的新同事 |
[37:58] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这儿 |
[37:59] | I… needed a new job, | 我…要找份新工作 |
[38:02] | So thank you for introducing me to Diana. | 谢谢你把我介绍给戴安娜 |
[38:07] | Why do I get the feeling that there’s more to this story? | 为什么我觉得事情没那么简单呢 |
[38:09] | Oh, a lady never tells. | 女士们当然不会简单 |
[38:11] | It’s always better to stay mysterious. | 保持神秘总是好的 |
[38:14] | Why don’t you show her around? | 你不妨带她看看这儿 |
[38:16] | Sure. Yeah. Welcome aboard. | 好的 欢迎加入 |
[38:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:20] | Come on in. | 进来看看 |
[38:26] | Hey, dad. | 爸爸 |
[38:28] | Your reviews? | 都是关于你的报道吗 |
[38:29] | I guess you have a lot of reading to do today. | 你今天有很多东西要读吧 |
[38:31] | I don’t–I don’t want you to get too excited, | 我不想让你太兴奋 |
[38:32] | but “The New York Post” called your son | 但是《纽约邮报》说你儿子我 |
[38:36] | the “potential voice of his generation.” | “代表了年青一代的潜在呼声” |
[38:39] | And–and “The New York Times” called the book–where is it? | 《纽约时报》称我的书是…在哪儿呢 |
[38:42] | Uh, yeah, “A searing portrayal of manhattan’s elite | 有了 “以一颗悲悯之心 |
[38:45] | with just the right portion of pathos.” | 对曼哈顿精英生活的真实写照” |
[38:47] | I-I had to double-check it to make sure | 我看了几遍来确定 |
[38:49] | they didn’t say “pathetic,” Which is what, eh, | 他们用的不是”可怜的”这个词 |
[38:51] | all my friends think I am. | 就像我朋友们都认为我很可怜 |
[38:55] | Is everything okay? | 有什么问题吗 |
[38:56] | Well, last night was your big night. | 昨晚对你来说意义非凡 |
[38:58] | I didn’t want to ruin it for you, but… | 我不想毁了它 |
[38:59] | Well, it kinda went there on its own. | 其实昨晚只是顺其自然 |
[39:01] | What–what’s going on? Did you not like the book? | 怎么了 你不喜欢这本书吗 |
[39:04] | No, of course I did. You’re a beautiful writer. | 不 我当然喜欢 你是个很棒的作家 |
[39:06] | Just… | 只是 |
[39:08] | broke–broke my heart. | 让我有点心碎 |
[39:12] | Wait. Dad… | 等一下 爸 |
[39:14] | I gave up my career to raise you, | 为了你们 我放弃了我的事业 |
[39:16] | And I never regretted it, not once… | 我从未后悔过 从来没有 |
[39:18] | until yesterday when I read what you really think about me. | 直到昨天 看到你书里写了对我真正的看法 |
[39:23] | Has-been turned trophy husband who married for money. | 我已然成为为钱结婚的 吃软饭的老公 |
[39:26] | No, that is not–that’s not what I think of you. | 不是 这并不是我对你的看法 |
[39:28] | You more than anybody should understand artistic license. | 你应该比谁都了解这只是写作的艺术手法 |
[39:32] | I never expected to be your hero, but… | 我从没想过能成为你心中的英雄 但是 |
[39:37] | I just didn’t think I’d end up the fool. | 我也没料到最后我成为了个傻子 |
[39:44] | In literature, there are thousands of endings– | 在文学作品中 结局可以有千千万万种 |
[39:47] | some happy, some sad. | 有的皆大欢喜 有的悲剧收场 |
[39:52] | Some end with a twist. | 还有一些 在结局处逆转 |
[39:58] | I want this book. | 我想要这本书 |
[40:00] | Well… Here it is. | 那 拿去吧 |
[40:03] | I want the movie rights to this book, | 我想要这本书的电影版权 |
[40:05] | and since you’re good friends with the author, | 鉴于你是作者的好朋友 |
[40:07] | that shouldn’t be a problem, right? | 这应该不成问题吧 |
[40:09] | We’re not exactly on good terms right now. | 我们俩现下关系可不怎么好 |
[40:12] | Look, your reputation reflects directly on me, | 听着 你的名声会直接影响到我 |
[40:16] | and frankly, this book leaves yours in tatters. | 实话告诉你 这本书已经让你声名狼藉 |
[40:18] | So prove to me I made the right choice hiring you. | 所以你得向我证明当初雇你的选择是对的 |
[40:20] | I want this book, | 我想要要这本书的电影版权 |
[40:22] | and you’re going to get it for me. | 你得帮我弄到 |
[40:23] | So whatever you did to Dan Humphrey, | 所以不管你对丹·汉弗瑞做了什么 |
[40:25] | undo it, okay? | 自己搞定 行吗 |
[40:26] | You have a week. | 给你一个星期的时间 |
[40:36] | Yeah, but I don’t know why it says contact here… | 我不知道为什么上面说要点击这里… |
[40:45] | Some stories open the door for something more. | 有些故事里开启一扇门是为了得到更多 |
[40:50] | And then there are fairy tale endings | 还有些故事里 女主角找到了她的王子 |
[40:52] | where the girl gets her prince. | 上演童话般的结局 |
[40:56] | And endings that turn you introspective | 也有的故事能让你反省自己的人生 |
[40:59] | about your own life and your place in the world. | 思考自己存在的价值 |
[41:05] | Hello? | 喂 你好 |
[41:06] | How’s my star? | 我的大明星感觉怎样 |
[41:07] | Have you been reading the reviews? | 看了那些报道了吗 |
[41:10] | Yeah, a few. | 看了一些 |
[41:11] | Well, I have great news. | 我有好消息告诉你 |
[41:12] | The book is now number 4 on Amazon, | 你的书现在在亚马逊上排第四 |
[41:14] | and your reading today | 今天你的书 |
[41:15] | at the Union Square Barnes and Noble | 在联合广场的邦诺书店 |
[41:17] | is filling up fast. | 也快速上架了 |
[41:19] | Great. That–that’s great. | 很好 那很好 |
[41:20] | And then there’s the ending | 还有些故事的结局 |
[41:21] | that you saw coming a mile away | 你虽早已料到 |
[41:23] | and yet somehow still takes you by surprise. | 却还是令你大吃一惊 |
[41:27] | So I’ll see you there at 6:00. And I know. I don’t have | 那咱们六点见 我知道 |
[41:28] | to tell you to be on time ’cause you’ll be early. | 我不需要让你守时 因为你总会提前到 |
[41:31] | Oh, how many tickets do you want me to put on hold | 你需要我给你的家人和朋友 |
[41:33] | for your friends and family? | 留多少张票 |
[41:36] | None. It will just be me. | 不需要 只有我一个人去 |
[41:38] | But don’t worry, my upper east side friends. | 但是别担心 我亲爱的上东区朋友们 |
[41:41] | This story isn’t ending. | 我们的故事并没有结束 |
[41:43] | We’re just at the start of a brand-new chapter. | 它只是要开启一个全新的章节 |
[41:46] | X.O.X.O. Gossip girl. | X.O.X.O. 八卦天后 |