时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:46] | I’m not sleeping… I’m painting. | 我没睡觉 我在画画 |
[00:51] | Looks like you’re sleeping. | 你看上去像是在睡觉 |
[00:52] | I go to a restful place in my mind | 我在脑海中想象一个宁静的地方 |
[00:55] | and I let the painting come to me. | 然后让画面自动出现 |
[00:58] | So what’s coming to you? | 那到底出现了什么 |
[00:59] | Sleep. It works that way sometimes. | 睡意 这种方法有时候挺奏效 |
[01:06] | – Guy. Oh, hi, Guy! – I can’t talk to him. | -是盖尔 你好 盖尔 -我不能跟他说话 |
[01:09] | – I don’t know what to say. – It’s okay! | -我不知道说什么 -没事 |
[01:11] | – You talk to him. – I’m great at this. | -你和他聊 -我很擅长应付这个 |
[01:12] | Oh, sorry. I was just finishing up some late-night enchiladas. | 抱歉 我刚刚做了墨西哥卷作宵夜 |
[01:16] | Too bad you’re not here. I know how you love cheese. | 你不在太遗憾了 我知道你爱吃奶酪 |
[01:19] | I’ll text you a picture of them when they’re done. | 我做好后会发张照片给你的 |
[01:23] | Grace? She’s around the corner, | 格蕾丝吗 她在街角处 |
[01:26] | taking… night watch– neighborhood watch– you know, | 夜巡 给街坊们守夜 |
[01:30] | the whole watch thing about how they train you to do that, | 就是那种警察训练我们进行的夜巡 |
[01:33] | and they do it at night now | 现在晚上必须这么做 |
[01:34] | because that’s when the criminals, burglars come out. | 因为罪犯小偷都在晚上出来 |
[01:39] | I’ll tell her you called. | 我会告诉她你打电话来了 |
[01:42] | You’re right. You nailed it. | 你说得对 你演得”棒极了” |
[01:44] | You know you’re going to have to talk to him sometime. | 你知道你总得跟他说话的吧 |
[01:46] | I do know. | 我知道 |
[01:49] | Just don’t know what to say. | 只是不知道说什么 |
[01:50] | Why would I break up with the nicest man in the world? | 我为什么要和这世上最好的男人分手呢 |
[01:53] | He’s funny and kind and he’s crazy about me, | 他既风趣又和善 还为我着迷 |
[01:56] | plus he smells nice. | 而且他的味道很好闻 |
[01:57] | There’s a lot to like about Guy. | 盖尔有很多惹人喜爱的地方 |
[01:59] | There is, and I do. | 的确 我也真喜欢他 |
[02:01] | – But you don’t love him. – I know. | -但你不爱他 -我懂的 |
[02:03] | But Frankie, if I break up with him, | 但是弗兰琦 如果我跟他分手 |
[02:06] | there’s a good chance | 有很大可能 |
[02:07] | I’m going to be by myself for the rest of my life. | 我会孤独终老的 |
[02:10] | I mean, I know you’re going to be here and all, but– | 我知道你会一直在我身边 但是 |
[02:12] | Don’t be too sure that I’ll be there, but– | 别太确定我会在你身边 但是 |
[02:13] | I just can’t stand the idea of waking up every day alone. | 我只是受不了每天独自醒来 |
[02:17] | I could wake you up. | 我可以叫醒你 |
[02:19] | Maybe it’s more about… falling asleep in someone’s arms. | 或许主要是 我想在某人的臂膀里入睡 |
[02:23] | I could do that too, but you won’t like it. | 那个我也可以效劳 但你肯定不愿意 |
[02:26] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我是什么意思 |
[02:28] | I know what I’m supposed to do. | 我知道我该怎么做 |
[02:29] | I just don’t know if I can do it. | 我只是不知道自己能否做到 |
[02:31] | Then you’re gonna have to blog. | 那你就得开始写博客 |
[02:32] | Well, how is that going to do anything? | 那有什么用 |
[02:34] | How is that not going to do everything? | 那怎么会没有用 |
[02:37] | You become your own personal therapist, | 你成了你自己的个人治疗师 |
[02:40] | and when you really commit to the process, | 当你真正投入其中时 |
[02:44] | you find yourself saying exactly what you need to hear. | 你会发现自己所说的正是你应该听到的话 |
[02:48] | – Maybe if I got really drunk first. – Oh, drunk blogging, | -也许我先得喝得很醉 -醉酒博客 |
[02:51] | that yields nonsense. | 那写出来都是屁话 |
[02:53] | But hallucinogens– | 但是迷幻剂 |
[02:55] | I’ve got some ayahuasca that will knock your socks off. | 我有些死藤水可以让你昏到不知东南西北 |
[02:58] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[03:02] | – Guess what I did today? – Hmm? | -猜猜我今天干了什么 -什么 |
[03:05] | I found the vases you wanted for the flowers. | 我找到了你想找的那个花瓶 |
[03:07] | – You? – Well, I paid the photographer, | -你呢 -我支付了摄影师的费用 |
[03:10] | and I found your cuff links | 而且我在你的薯片罐保险盒里 |
[03:13] | in your Pringles can safe, and by the way, | 找到了你的袖扣 顺便问一句 |
[03:15] | why do you keep that thing in your sock drawer? | 你为什么把那东西收在袜子抽屉里 |
[03:17] | It’s a bit of a tip-off. | 那简直是此地无银三百两 |
[03:18] | They’re not going to find what I have in my Heineken safe | 他们找不到我藏在啤酒罐保险盒里的东西 |
[03:21] | – because that’s in the fridge. – Not just– Not so fast, please. | -因为它在冰箱里 -别这么快就走 |
[03:24] | The girls are coming over tomorrow to do the table arrangements, | 姑娘们明天要来安排宴席座位 |
[03:27] | and here is your list for today. | 这是你今天的任务清单 |
[03:29] | – Okay, Grace. – Always funny. | -好吧 格蕾丝 -这个梗永远好笑 |
[03:32] | – Did you do your vows? – Aw, jeez. | -你写了誓词吗 -天呐 |
[03:34] | Six days. | 就剩6天了 |
[03:36] | Sol, are you sure we have to write our own vows? | 索尔 你确定我们要写原创誓词吗 |
[03:39] | I mean, there’s something to be said for being | 既然是传承千年的传统 |
[03:42] | part of a tradition that’s been going on for thousands of years. | 一定有人写过类似的话 |
[03:44] | Yes, who wouldn’t want to be part of the ancient tradition | 是啊 谁不想成为古老的 |
[03:46] | of misogyny and homophobia? | 厌女和恐同传统的一部分呢 |
[03:48] | But you’re so good writing your feelings and stuff. | 但你很擅长描写自己的情感 |
[03:52] | You’re getting the big wedding you wanted, | 你已经得到了你想要的盛大婚礼 |
[03:54] | and I’m fine with that. | 我也没意见 |
[03:55] | – Just please let me have this. – Okay. | -拜托这次满足我吧 -好吧 |
[03:58] | What if what’s in my heart is very similar to a poem by Yeats? | 如果我想说的话和济慈的诗很相似呢 |
[04:02] | It’s not! | 不可能 |
[04:03] | – A sonnet by Shakespeare? – No! | -莎士比亚的十四行诗呢 -不行 |
[04:05] | – A greeting from Hallmark? – Not listening anymore! | -贺卡上的问候语呢 -我不听 |
[04:19] | – How’d it go? – It didn’t. | -进展如何 -没进展 |
[04:21] | You had dinner and watched two movies. | 你们一起吃了晚餐 看了两部电影 |
[04:23] | You just… let him go to bed? | 你直接 让他上床睡觉了吗 |
[04:26] | Well, he was in such a good mood, and he’d never seen Home Alone. | 他心情太好了 他没看过《小鬼当家》 |
[04:30] | Tomorrow morning, for sure. | 明早我一定说 |
[04:33] | – After his morning muffin. – Jeez. | -在他吃完早餐松饼之后 -天呐 |
[04:40] | What’s goin’ on? Why’s everybody up? | 发生什么事了 为什么你们都起来了 |
[04:44] | – Ooh, is this a party? – Yeah. You want a muffin? | -开派对吗 -是 你要松饼吗 |
[04:46] | – Good night, Frankie. – Good night, Frankie. | -晚安 弗兰琦 -晚安 弗兰琦 |
[04:49] | Oh, wait, she didn’t say, “Say good night, Frankie.” | 等等 她说的不是”说晚安吧 弗兰琦” |
[04:52] | Never mind. | 不管了 |
[04:55] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[04:56] | Can I get you a fork? | 要给你拿个叉子吗 |
[04:58] | Uh, no thanks. | 不用了谢谢 |
[05:00] | I just was havin’ this dream where the lasagna was eating me. | 我刚梦到千层面在吃我 |
[05:03] | Well, who’s eating who now, lasagna? | 现在谁吃谁呢 千层面 |
[05:08] | Guy, can we talk about something? | 盖尔 我们能谈谈吗 |
[05:10] | Hell, yeah. | 当然 |
[05:11] | Okay. It’s just… | 好吧 我… |
[05:15] | I’m so… | 我非常… |
[05:18] | Has anybody ever told you you’re a wonderful man? | 有人告诉过你 你是个很好的男人吗 |
[05:21] | I think you’re telling me that now, right? | 你现在就在告诉我 对吧 |
[05:23] | Well, you are. | 你真的是 |
[05:24] | – You’re kind and you’re caring… – Oh, boy. This can’t be good. | -你善良 有爱心 -天呐 不妙 |
[05:27] | Oh, you deserve someone who’s… | 你值得更好的… |
[05:33] | I’m just not sure we’re in the same place. | 我只是不确定我们在同一个阶段 |
[05:35] | Yeah, I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[05:37] | When I told you I was falling in love, | 当我告诉你我爱上你的时候 |
[05:39] | I knew it was too soon. | 我就知道我说的太早了 |
[05:41] | No, you were just being brave. | 不 你只是很勇敢而已 |
[05:44] | And you’re so honest with your feelings. | 你对你的感情如此诚实 |
[05:48] | You have so many wonderful qualities. | 你有那么多好品质 |
[05:50] | Oh, great. Then I can come to you for a job recommendation. | 很好 我可以找你写求职推荐信了 |
[05:56] | Golly sakes. | 老天爷啊 |
[05:58] | – Is there somebody else? – No, of course not! | -你是不是爱上别人了 -没有 当然不是 |
[06:03] | It– It’s just that I’m coming out of a 40-year marriage, | 只是 我刚刚结束了长达40年的婚姻 |
[06:08] | – and I don’t know what I want. – Yeah. | -我不确定自己想要什么 -是啊 |
[06:09] | And you need time to figure that out. Yeah, I get that. | 你需要时间来想清楚这一切 我懂的 |
[06:14] | Well, I’m not gonna lie to you and tell you I’m not hurt. | 我不会跟你撒谎说我不心碎 |
[06:16] | – I’m so sorry. I really am. – Yeah, well, me, too. | -对不起 我真的很抱歉 -我也很遗憾 |
[06:20] | And I… | 我… |
[06:23] | I’m not going to let you keep me from hoping that… you know, | 我不会允许你让我活在无谓的希望当中 |
[06:26] | – some day in the future you might… – Absolutely. | -将来某天你可能会… -当然 |
[06:30] | Right. Well, you don’t wanna wait too long | 好的 你别拖得太久了 |
[06:31] | because we are in our 70’s. | 因为我们已经70多岁了 |
[06:37] | Okay then. | 那好吧 |
[06:38] | I’ll go upstairs, get dressed, and I’ll go. | 我上楼穿好衣服就离开 |
[06:41] | Don’t be silly! It’s the middle of the night. | 别傻了 现在是深夜 |
[06:44] | With your night blindness… | 你有夜盲症 |
[06:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[07:01] | Did you do it? Is it done? | 你说了吗 结束了吗 |
[07:03] | Did he cry? Did you cry? | 他哭了吗 你哭了吗 |
[07:05] | You cried, of course, because you cry at everything. | 你当然哭了 因为你什么事都哭 |
[07:08] | Oh, my God! Did he throw you out of your own bedroom? | 天呐 他把你赶出你自己的卧室了吗 |
[07:11] | Is that why you’re on the couch? | 所以你才在沙发上睡 |
[07:13] | No, he didn’t throw me out of my own bedroom. | 没有 他没把我赶出我的卧室 |
[07:15] | I volunteered. | 我自愿的 |
[07:17] | He was a total mensch. | 他是个正人君子 |
[07:18] | I’ve never heard you use that word. | 我从没听过你用那个词 |
[07:20] | I don’t think I ever have. | 我觉得我从来没用过 |
[07:23] | But it’s what he was. | 但他就是个正人君子 |
[07:24] | So how do you feel? | 你感觉如何 |
[07:27] | I feel terrible that I hurt him. | 我很愧疚我伤害了他 |
[07:31] | Don’t act all weird. | 表现正常点 |
[07:32] | When have I ever… touché! | 我什么时候…一针见血 |
[07:34] | There you are. Hi! | 你在这儿 你好 |
[07:37] | Oh, don’t you look beautiful. Mmm. | 你太美了 |
[07:41] | I was lookin’ all over for you. How are ya? | 我在到处找你 你怎么样 |
[07:43] | I know we’re supposed to go suit shopping today, but guess what, | 我知道我们今天要去买西装 但是你知道吗 |
[07:47] | there is this tailor from Milan, | 有个米兰来的裁缝 |
[07:49] | he only comes to San Diego like twice a year, | 他一年只来圣地亚哥两次 |
[07:51] | and he’s here today. Unbelievable, huh? | 他今天刚好在 简直难以置信 是吧 |
[07:54] | How about that? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[07:55] | So I’m going to call him, and we’ll go together. | 不如我打电话给他 然后我们一起去 |
[07:57] | I tell you what, I’m going to go take a shower and then– | 我去洗个澡然后… |
[08:00] | Oh, Frankie, Battleship rematch later, huh? | 弗兰琦 我们回头再玩战舰游戏 好吗 |
[08:03] | Yeah, um, yeah. | 好的 好的 |
[08:05] | ‘Kay. ‘Kay. | 好的 好的 |
[08:07] | I-I-I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[08:09] | Maybe you’re not very good at this breaking up thing. | 也许你不是很擅长分手 |
[08:13] | Did you do it in English? Did you do it out loud? | 你是用英语说的吗 你说出声了吗 |
[08:15] | Was he in the room? | 他当时在场吗 |
[08:17] | Yes! | 是的 |
[08:18] | I broke up with him! | 我跟他分手了 |
[08:20] | There’s no other way to interpret what I said. | 我说的话没有歧义 |
[08:24] | We broke up! | 我们分手了 |
[08:25] | Well, somewhere between last night and this morning, | 在昨天晚上到今天早上的这段时间里 |
[08:27] | you got unbroken up. | 你们又和好了 |
[08:31] | What? | 什么啊 |
[08:32] | We must be witnessing the incredible power of denial. | 我们一定在见证自我否认的神奇力量 |
[08:35] | – I don’t think so. – I do think so. | -我不这么觉得 -我觉得是这样 |
[08:39] | And I am a certified amateur psychologist. | 我是个有执照的业余心理医生 |
[08:42] | I’m the one who diagnosed Bud’s food issues. | 我诊断出了巴德的食物问题 |
[08:45] | – Misdiagnosed. – The jury’s still out on that, Grace. | -是误诊 -那还未成定论 格蕾丝 |
[08:49] | But I am positive about this. | 但这次我很确定 |
[08:54] | – What were we talking about? – Guy. | -我们刚刚在说什么来着 -盖尔 |
[08:56] | Yeah, right. You’ve got to break up with him. | 对 你一定得和他分手 |
[08:58] | Well, I did! Last night. Over lasagna. | 我分过了 就昨晚 吃千层面的时候 |
[09:01] | He was sitting right there and I was standing right there. | 他就坐在那儿 我站在那儿 |
[09:06] | Stop, everybody. Stop. | 别说了 大家都别说了 |
[09:08] | I am also a certified amateur sleuth, | 我还是个有执照的业余侦探 |
[09:12] | and I think I’m getting something. | 我觉得我有线索了 |
[09:13] | Remember your training, Frankie. | 记住你接受的训练 弗兰琦 |
[09:15] | Frankie, I am going to strangle you with the blender cord. | 弗兰琦 我要用搅拌机电线勒死你 |
[09:18] | He eats when he’s on Ambien | 他下来吃东西是因为服了安必恩药 |
[09:20] | and he never remembers the next morning. | 所以第二天早晨什么都不记得了 |
[09:22] | – Oh, my God, you’re right! – It was an Ambien break-up. | -天呐 你说得对 -安眠药分手 |
[09:27] | Grace, he doesn’t remember. | 格蕾丝 他不记得了 |
[09:30] | If he doesn’t remember… | 如果他不记得了 |
[09:31] | You’ll have to break up with him again. | 你就得再次跟他分手 |
[09:35] | Who does this happen to? | 谁会遇到这种事啊 |
[09:37] | I hate to deprive you of me during a crisis, but I’ve got to go. | 很抱歉在你有危机时离开你 但我得走了 |
[09:41] | Moving day. | 今天搬家 |
[09:42] | Should– Should I come and help you? | 要我过去帮忙吗 |
[09:43] | I know you’ve been dreading this. | 我知道你一直害怕搬家 |
[09:45] | Oh, I’ll bring my label maker. | 我会带上我的标签机的 |
[09:47] | Oh, I already have your label maker, | 我已经带了你的标签机 |
[09:49] | and I thought I would dread this, | 我以为我会很害怕 |
[09:51] | but you know, my boundary work with Sol has been so productive | 但我和索尔划清界限的工作太有成效了 |
[09:54] | and I’m ready for closure. | 我已经准备好要结束一切了 |
[09:57] | You, on the other hand, have a rotten job to do. | 但是你还有件糟心的事得做 |
[10:00] | Would you like me to blow a little of my courage into your mouth? | 你想让我给你传一点勇气吗 |
[10:04] | Thank you, no. | 谢谢你 不用了 |
[10:12] | Let’s put Gabby at the garbage table with Cousin Ricky. | 我们把加比和里克堂哥放到垃圾桌吧 |
[10:15] | You know, I’m not so sure | 话说 我觉得我好像 |
[10:16] | how crazy I am about that term “Garbage table.” | 不是很喜欢”垃圾桌”这个叫法 |
[10:19] | Trust me, Dad. You need a garbage table. | 相信我 爸爸 你需要一个垃圾桌 |
[10:22] | You also need a drunk corner and a desperation annex. | 你还需要醉酒角和绝望地 |
[10:24] | Which I still maintain should be one big table. | 我依然坚持认为那应该合成一个大桌 |
[10:27] | The drunk and the desperate | 喝醉的人和绝望的人们 |
[10:28] | always find their way to each other anyway. | 总是能找到彼此 |
[10:30] | Okay. I think that’s everybody. | 好了 所有人都安顿好了 |
[10:33] | – You happy, Dad? – Happy’s generous. | -你开心吗 爸爸 -没那么开心 |
[10:35] | Good enough. | 足够了 |
[10:40] | So, Dad, how’s the vow writing going? | 爸爸 你的誓词写得怎么样了 |
[10:42] | Was that Sol asking you to check up on me? | 那是索尔发信息让你问我的吗 |
[10:45] | Yes, look how many times. | 是的 看看他问了多少次 |
[10:47] | – It’s not going well. – Well, let’s hear what you have. | -进展不顺利 -让我们听听你写的 |
[11:00] | Sol… I wonder… | 索尔 我想… |
[11:08] | That’s all I’ve got. | 就写了这么多 |
[11:15] | So the end kind of peters out. | 所以结尾就渐出了 |
[11:19] | Dad? | 爸 |
[11:22] | Come on. We’re cooking with gas, fellas. | 快点 我们要拿出效率速战速决 各位 |
[11:25] | And Dad has discovered the bubble wrap. | 爸爸发现了泡沫包装纸 |
[11:28] | I like the little ones, but the big ones are also satisfying. | 我喜欢小泡沫 但大的也不错 |
[11:31] | The tactile feedback is fantastic. | 捏着感觉太棒了 |
[11:34] | How are you doing with all this? | 面对这一切你还好吗 |
[11:36] | I’m just glad that we’re together. | 我只是很高兴我们能聚在一起 |
[11:38] | Me, too! | 我也是 |
[11:40] | Hey, what do you want to do with these? | 对了 这些你准备怎么处理 |
[11:43] | – Oh, my God! – Robert won’t want them. | -天呐 -罗伯特不会想要的 |
[11:44] | Well, Grace won’t either. I’ll take ’em. | 格雷丝也不会想要的 我拿着吧 |
[11:48] | Maybe I’ll hang them in her car. | 也许我可以挂在她的车里 |
[11:50] | – Birdhouse. – Oh, yeah. I’ll take that. | -鸟窝 -好的 我要了 |
[11:53] | It’s the closest I’m going to get to having my own place. | 我没有个属于自己的家 这算是最接近的了 |
[11:57] | Oh, man! You– see– you told me that you buried this, man. | 天呐 你告诉我你把它埋了啊 老兄 |
[12:00] | What have you guys got over there? | 你们发现了什么 |
[12:04] | Well, you remember when you used to say, you know, | 你还记得你以前老问 |
[12:05] | “Where’d my vase disappear to?” | “我的花瓶去哪儿了” |
[12:07] | Or “What happened to my crystal dragon?” | 或者”我的水晶龙去哪儿了”吗 |
[12:11] | Well, the answer is that | 答案就是它们被 |
[12:12] | probably one of us broke it and hid it in this box. | 我们当中的一个打碎了藏在这个箱子里 |
[12:17] | Is that what happened to my grandmother’s little Dutch boy? | 我外婆的荷兰小男孩雕塑也是同样的命运吗 |
[12:21] | Hello, Hans. | 你好 汉斯 |
[12:23] | Oh, yeah. I broke that one. | 没错 那是我打碎的 |
[12:25] | So you knew about this box. | 你知道有这个箱子 |
[12:27] | Yes, but they didn’t know that I knew, | 是的 但他们不知道我知道 |
[12:30] | so I’m still a good parent. | 所以我还是个好家长 |
[12:31] | Well, I’ll tell you what, I’m gonna take all of this, | 告诉你们 我要把这些都带走 |
[12:33] | I’m gonna break it more, | 摔得更碎一点 |
[12:35] | and I’m gonna make a mosaic for each and every one of you. | 然后给你们每个人都做个陶瓷拼图 |
[12:38] | That’s really sweet. | 你真好 |
[12:40] | And this is probably a good time | 现在可能是时候 |
[12:42] | to tell you about the Jim Croce keepsake plate. | 告诉你吉姆·克罗齐纪念餐盘的命运了 |
[12:45] | For God’s sake, Sol, you blamed this on the kids’ babysitter. | 天啊 索尔 你当年说是孩子们的保姆打碎的 |
[12:51] | Natalie. | 娜塔莉 |
[12:57] | I mean, I don’t think you understand. | 我觉得你们不明白 |
[12:58] | Sol’s toasts at the Christmas party make people cry. | 索尔在圣诞派对上说的祝酒词让大家潸然泪下 |
[13:01] | They make me cry, me! | 也把我说哭了 我啊 |
[13:03] | We need to find out what we’re up against. | 我们要搞清楚对手的情况 |
[13:05] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[13:06] | It’s called opposition research. We are going to find Sol’s vows. | 这叫做对手调查 我们要找到索尔的誓词 |
[13:10] | No, we cannot do that. No. | 不行 不能那么做 不行 |
[13:11] | – Yes, we can. – Absolutely not! | -当然可以了 -绝对不行 |
[13:13] | – I cannot be party to this. – Found ’em… | -我绝不能卷入这事 -找到了 |
[13:15] | in a folder cleverly disguised as “Vows.” | 就在一个写着”誓词”的文件夹里 |
[13:23] | Mal, you’re gonna wanna see this. | 玛洛 你得过来看看这个 |
[13:32] | – Oh, my God! – I know. | -天啊 -我也觉得 |
[13:38] | – Oh, my God! – Right? | -天啊 -对吧 |
[13:44] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[13:47] | The part with the old man and the ducks on the park bench. | 老人和在公园长椅上喂鸭子的那段好感人 |
[13:52] | He loves you… so much. | 他对你真的是 用情至深 |
[13:55] | Oh, son of a bitch! | 混蛋 |
[13:57] | Well, that’s it. | 就是这样了 |
[13:59] | The house is ready for the Chin family. | 房子完全准备好转移给陈家人了 |
[14:03] | Do you think I should leave them some sage | 你们觉得我该留给他们一些鼠尾草 |
[14:05] | so they can get rid of our juju? | 好让他们消除我们的气场吗 |
[14:07] | – It’s all good. – Not necessary. | -不用了 -没必要 |
[14:11] | Super-sad disco party? | 在办超伤心迪斯科派对吗 |
[14:13] | I was just thinking about how when you and Coyote had a party | 我刚突然想起 当年你和卡奥迪办了个派对 |
[14:17] | I’d come in in my pajamas and do this to tell everyone | 我穿着睡衣出来 像这样做 示意大家 |
[14:20] | that it was time to leave, remember? | 该离开了 还记得吗 |
[14:23] | – Yes, Dad. – Especially traumatizing. | -记得 爸 -造成了巨大创伤 |
[14:25] | We done pretty good, your mother and I. | 我们干得很漂亮 你妈和我 |
[14:28] | – You sure did. – Yeah. | -的确 -是啊 |
[14:30] | Don’t stop, okay? | 别停下 好吗 |
[14:34] | Yes! | 好棒 |
[14:36] | Yes. | 好棒 |
[14:45] | Don’t mean to be rude, | 我也不想无礼 |
[14:45] | but I have a date with someone I’ll never end up with. | 但我有个约会 对方是个永远不可能跟我在一起的人 |
[14:49] | You know, I don’t have anything but he drives me places. | 我倒是没什么事 但我得搭他的顺风车 |
[14:52] | – Of course, of course. – Be gone. Get going. | -当然了 懂啦 -走吧 走吧 |
[14:56] | Wait. Just before you leave, | 等等 在你们走之前 |
[14:59] | how about we light the Shabbos candle one last time? | 不如我们再最后点一次安息蜡烛吧 |
[15:03] | – Yeah, yeah. – Sure. | -好啊 好啊 -可以啊 |
[15:04] | – That’d be nice. – I love me some ritual. | -那挺好的 -我爱搞一些仪式 |
[15:06] | I can’t believe this is the last time | 我真不敢相信这是我们最后一次 |
[15:07] | we’re going to do this together in this house. | 一起在这屋子里做这事了 |
[15:09] | You boys could light candles at your place. | 你们也可以在你们自己家点蜡烛的啊 |
[15:13] | – Yeah, we could. – Yeah, we’ll totally do that. | -是啊 是可以 -是啊 我们或许会点的 |
[15:16] | – We should do that. – Oh, that’s what I said. | -我们该那么做 -我就是这么说的 |
[15:57] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[16:04] | It’s okay. I’ve got it. You guys go on. | 没事的 我来安慰他吧 你们先走 |
[16:07] | Okay. | 好的 |
[16:10] | – I love you. – I love you. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[16:30] | I had forgotten… | 我都已经忘了 |
[16:32] | how sweet the air is when the four of us are all here together. | 当我们4个聚在一起的时候 空气有多温馨 |
[16:38] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[16:41] | And now… we’re never going to… | 现在 我们永远都不可能… |
[16:46] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[16:48] | I have so much love for all of you, my heart… | 我对你们有太多的爱 我的心… |
[16:52] | – Hurts? – Yeah. | -很痛吗 -是啊 |
[16:57] | – I’m sorry. – No, it’s okay. | -不好意思 -不 没事的 |
[17:01] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[17:48] | Okay, how’s it going? | 好了 写的怎么样了 |
[17:49] | I think I’ve got a direction I like. | 我觉得我找到了我喜欢的写作方向 |
[17:51] | – Can we read? – No, no! It’s not ready yet! | -我们能看看吗 -不 不行 没写完呢 |
[18:09] | Any good? | 写的行吗 |
[18:11] | It’s good. | 写得很棒啊 |
[18:15] | – It’s… – Nine pages of heretofores and thereins. | -但是… -整整9页的公式化用词 |
[18:19] | It’s how I feel. | 那是我的真实感受 |
[18:21] | It’s just a bit cold. You titled it Robert v. Sol. | 有点太干巴巴的了 你的题目就叫《罗伯特V索尔》 |
[18:25] | The V is for vows, it’s funny. | V的意思是誓言 挺逗的吧 |
[18:28] | It’s like a joke, I mean, we’re lawyers? | 就像是个玩笑 我们的律师嘛 |
[18:31] | I’m confused. Did you want him to sign this? | 我糊涂了 你是想让他在这上面签字吗 |
[18:33] | Oh, come on, it’s not that bad. | 拜托 也没那么糟糕吧 |
[18:36] | Well, what about the addendum? | 附录写的怎么样 |
[18:38] | I mean, that’s pure comedy gold. | 那可是爆笑的部分啊 |
[18:41] | You mean here… where you cite precedent? | 你是指 你引用先例的部分吗 |
[18:45] | It’s well-reasoned. | 有理有据无法反驳 |
[18:48] | Are you suing him for his love? | 你是要为他的爱而控告他吗 |
[18:50] | I told you it wasn’t ready. | 我就说还没写好嘛 |
[18:53] | Okay. What do I just… | 好吧 我该怎么… |
[18:56] | Oh. No, that’s no good. | 不好 这个角度不好 |
[19:01] | Ooh, that’s worse. | 哎呀 更糟了 |
[19:03] | Oh, this is ridicul– | 真是太荒谬了 |
[19:06] | Well, that’s better. | 这下好多了 |
[19:14] | Hi. I’m here to talk about Guy, | 嗨 我是来谈谈盖尔的 |
[19:17] | who is nothing if not a fantastic boyfriend, | 他真的是一个超棒的男朋友 |
[19:20] | and I’m just acting like a crazy person. | 但我却像个疯子一样 |
[19:23] | Why would I break up with him? | 我为什么要和他分手呢 |
[19:25] | I mean, so it’s not perfect– What is? | 这段感情的确不完美 但有什么是完美的呢 |
[19:28] | A 40-year marriage to a homosexual? | 跟一个同性恋长达40年的婚姻吗 |
[19:30] | It’s so much better than that with Phil– | 那可比跟菲尔在一起要好多了 |
[19:33] | I mean with Guy | 我是说 跟盖尔一起 |
[19:34] | with Guy…Oh, my… | 跟盖尔在一起 天啊 |
[19:41] | Oh, I can’t remember | 我都记不清 |
[19:42] | the last time I said that name out loud. | 我上次大声说出这个名字是什么时候的事了 |
[19:46] | Phil! | 菲尔 |
[19:49] | Phil! | 菲尔 |
[19:52] | Oh, my gosh, that was something. | 天啊 那可是一段了不起的感情 |
[19:57] | It was everything. | 那简直是一切 |
[19:59] | And the way his– | 他的… |
[20:01] | The way his eyes would crinkle when he laughed– | 当他笑的时候 他的眼睛会眯在一起 |
[20:04] | And I could make him laugh. | 我很会逗他笑 |
[20:07] | The way he kissed me. | 他吻我的那种感受 |
[20:11] | I want that. | 我想要那个感觉 |
[20:15] | Guy is not that. | 盖尔无法给我那种感觉 |
[20:23] | Sometimes you say the things you need to hear. | 有时候人会说出一些自己需要听到的话 |
[20:29] | I hate it when Frankie’s right! | 我好讨厌弗兰琦说对了的时候 |
[20:39] | I’m pretty when I cry. | 我哭的时候好美啊 |
[20:44] | I’m really gonna crash and burn up there. | 我一定会在婚礼上死的很惨的 |
[20:47] | And I’ll probably end up at the garbage table. | 我估计最终只能去垃圾桌坐了 |
[20:49] | Okay, Sad Sack… | 好了 糊涂老爸 |
[20:52] | read this. | 看下这个 |
[20:54] | Only the parts that aren’t blacked out. | 只需要看没被涂黑的部分 |
[20:57] | Jeez, looks like the NSA had a field day with this. | 天啊 看上去像是国家安全局的秘密文件啊 |
[21:00] | It’s only me, Daddy. | 就是我弄的而已 爸 |
[21:12] | – I wrote this? – You did. | -是我写的吗 -是啊 |
[21:15] | Either that, or I’m in love with Sol. | 要么是你写的 要么是我爱上索尔了 |
[21:22] | Well done, girl. | 好样的 女儿 |
[21:25] | Well done, indeed. | 真的干的太好了 |
[21:37] | – Don’t be scared. – Oh, God! Sol. | -别害怕 -天啊 索尔 |
[21:41] | You could have given me a heart attack. | 你差点把我吓出心脏病 |
[21:42] | – I was trying to not scare you. – Well, you’re terrible at that. | -我是想尽量不吓到你 -你做得很差劲 |
[21:46] | What the hell are you doing here, and give me back your key. | 你跑到这儿来干什么 把钥匙还给我 |
[21:52] | What are you doing here? | 你到这儿究竟干什么来了 |
[21:54] | I’m, uh… | 我… |
[21:57] | was looking for Frankie. | 我在找弗兰琦 |
[21:59] | I thought she was with you. | 她不是跟你在一起嘛 |
[22:01] | Did she not show up– Should I worry? | 她没去吗 我需要担心吗 |
[22:03] | No. No. I was with her. | 不 我之前是跟她在一起 |
[22:07] | I’m just not… right now. | 但是这会儿 我找不到她了 |
[22:11] | When she left the house, I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye. | 她之前离开时 我没来得及跟她说再见 |
[22:15] | What’s going on, Sol? | 怎么回事啊 索尔 |
[22:17] | Why are you looking for Frankie? Did you have a fight? | 你怎么会在找弗兰琦 你们吵架了吗 |
[22:20] | No, we did not have a fight. | 没 我们没吵架 |
[22:24] | We had not a fight, | 我们真的没吵架 |
[22:27] | more like the opposite of-of fight. | 恰恰是跟吵架相反的 那事儿 |
[22:31] | Is this a riddle? | 这是个谜语吗 |
[22:32] | Because I just broke up with my boyfriend and I’m in no mood… | 因为我刚跟我男朋友分手 我可没心情… |
[22:39] | You slept with her. | 你跟她上床了 |
[22:43] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[22:45] | You slept with her! What were you thinking? | 你竟然跟她上床了 你当时是怎么想的啊 |
[22:48] | – I wasn’t thinking. – Not with your brain! | -我当时没去想 -你是用下半身思考的吧 |
[22:50] | – Oh, my God! – It wasn’t on purpose! | -天啊 -我并不是故意的 |
[22:52] | I didn’t go there thinking that I– It just… happened. | 我并不是一开始就计划好了要…就那么发生了 |
[22:57] | She was doing so well. | 她本来恢复得那么好了 |
[22:58] | Do you understand how this is gonna set her back? | 你知道这会让她又陷入痛苦中吗 |
[23:01] | Oh, you are such a sh– such a… | 你真是个大…大… |
[23:04] | Schmuck? Is that the word you’re looking for? | 混蛋吗 你是想用这个词吗 |
[23:06] | ‘Cause that’s what I am. | 因为我就是个大混蛋 |
[23:07] | You know what it means? Contemptible person, from the… | 你知道那是什么意思吗 就是卑鄙的人 源自… |
[23:11] | Yiddish for penis. | 意第绪语中的”阴茎”一词 |
[23:12] | A long time ago I used to think I was a mensch. | 很久以前 我以为我是个好人 |
[23:17] | – That’s a person with integrity. – I know what it means. | -意思就是正直的人 -我知道那个词的意思 |
[23:21] | I don’t know what happened to me. | 我也不知道我是怎么了 |
[23:23] | Well, in any language, I don’t understand you, or any of this. | 无论用何种语言 我都无法理解你或这一切 |
[23:29] | I mean it seems like everybody wants to get on the Sol train. | 就好像大家都迫不及待地跟你在一起 |
[23:33] | I mean, you’re a nice-looking man and all, but seriously? | 你的确长得很帅 但至于这样吗 |
[23:36] | I don’t get it. | 我真不懂 |
[23:38] | Maybe because I love very deeply and from my heart. | 或许是因为 我是发自内心地真正去爱 |
[23:43] | People can tell that. | 大家能看出这一点 |
[23:44] | – I don’t care! – Okay. | -关我屁事啊 -好吧 |
[23:46] | Sol, why are you here? | 索尔 你到这儿干什么来了 |
[23:50] | I want to make sure Frankie’s okay. | 我想确保弗兰琦没事 |
[23:53] | Well, I can pretty much guarantee you she’s not. | 我基本可以保证 她肯定有事 |
[23:56] | Go home, Sol. I’ll take care of Frankie. | 回去吧 索尔 我来照顾弗兰琦 |
[23:58] | You’ve done enough. | 你做得已经够多了 |
[24:00] | – You know where she is? – Well, I have a feeling. | -你知道她在哪儿吗 -我有种预感 |
[24:04] | Go home… now! | 回家去 立刻 |
[24:05] | I can’t. I can’t. | 我不能 我不能 |
[24:07] | You’re 72 years old, grow up! | 你都72岁了 成熟点吧 |
[24:10] | – Are you going to tell Robert? – Are you? | -你会告诉罗伯特吗 -你会说吗 |
[24:12] | – He’ll never forgive me. – Well, I wouldn’t blame him, Sol. | -他永远不会原谅我的 -那也不能怪他 索尔 |
[24:17] | What are your options? Either you tell him the truth | 你有哪些选择呢 要么你告诉他事实真相 |
[24:19] | or you start this marriage | 要么你从这段婚姻的一开始 |
[24:21] | like you spent the last 20 years of your last one. | 就跟你上段婚姻最后的20年一样 建立在谎言上 |
[24:23] | Oh, God! I know, I know, I know, I know. | 天啊 我懂的 我懂的 我懂的 |
[24:26] | So, what are you going to be for the rest of your life? | 所以你打算余生做个什么样的人呢 |
[24:30] | A mensch? Or a schmuck? | 好人 还是混蛋 |
[24:46] | Frankie? | 弗兰琦 |
[24:47] | I’m working. | 我在工作呢 |
[24:49] | Well, sandcastle is pretty impressive. | 沙子城堡的确建得很漂亮啊 |
[24:52] | I’m building my dream house. | 我在建造我的梦之屋 |
[24:53] | I’ve a problematic turret, so if you’ll excuse me. | 我这个塔楼有点问题 就不陪你说话了 |
[24:58] | I just got home and found Sol in our living room. | 我刚回到家 发现索尔在客厅里 |
[25:02] | He was looking for you. | 他在找你 |
[25:06] | So I slept with him to see what all the fuss was about. | 我就跟他上了个床 搞清楚到底是怎么回事 |
[25:09] | Don’t start with me. | 别跟我开玩笑 |
[25:10] | Are you insane? Why did you do that? | 你是疯了吗 你为什么要那么做啊 |
[25:15] | You were making so much progress on your boundaries | 你一直在跟他划清界限 进展得那么好 |
[25:18] | and keeping your distance and… you were moving forward. | 保持着距离 你已经开始向前看了 |
[25:23] | – What were you thinking? – I wasn’t. | -你当时怎么想的啊 -我没去想 |
[25:26] | I was home with my family. I was with him. | 我当时跟家人们团聚在家里 我跟他又在一起了 |
[25:29] | – I just had all these feelings. – What feelings? | -那些感觉都喷薄而出 -什么感觉啊 |
[25:33] | That… maybe it wasn’t over, maybe there was still hope. | 就是 或许我们之间并未结束 或许我们还有希望 |
[25:38] | Your husband tells you he’s in love with another man, | 你丈夫都已经告诉你他爱上另一个男人了 |
[25:40] | and you think there’s still hope? | 你竟然觉得还有希望吗 |
[25:42] | I didn’t say it made sense. | 我可没说我的感觉是有道理的 |
[25:44] | – Make sense of it! – I don’t know how. | -那就理智地去对待 -我不知道该如何做 |
[25:48] | – Is there hope? – No. | -还有希望吗 -没有 |
[25:51] | There’s not. | 没希望了 |
[25:54] | What happened with us is… | 我们之间… |
[25:57] | It felt wrong, like we didn’t go together anymore. | 感觉不对劲 就好像我们无法再心灵契合了 |
[26:03] | It’s over. | 都结束了 |
[26:06] | I still love him, but it’s over. | 我依然爱他 但我们结束了 |
[26:11] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 我很遗憾 |
[26:15] | It really hurts, doesn’t it? | 心很痛 对吧 |
[26:18] | So much. And I feel so stupid. | 痛彻心扉 我感觉好愚蠢 |
[26:22] | You knew it was over six months ago. | 你6个月前就已经明白一切结束了 |
[26:24] | I just seemed to realize it today. | 我似乎是今天才真正明白这一点 |
[26:27] | You’ve been pretty smart about what I needed to do, | 你对于我需要做什么倒是挺清楚的 |
[26:30] | you generally are… damn it. | 真的 该死的 |
[26:34] | – Well, that’s true. – I broke up with Guy. | -那倒是没错 -我跟盖尔分手了 |
[26:38] | Does he know? | 他这次知道了吗 |
[26:39] | Yes, he knows. | 是的 他知道了 |
[26:40] | And your camera-phone-web-FaceTime thing, it actually worked. | 你那个用手机视频录制自白的办法 真的奏效了 |
[26:47] | – It’s surprising, isn’t it? – It was. | -很意外 对吧 -的确 |
[26:50] | Out of nowhere this man I had a thing with just bubbled up. | 我突然就说出以前跟我有过一段的那个男人的名字 |
[26:55] | I hadn’t thought about him in years. | 我已经好多年没再想起过他了 |
[26:57] | What made you think about him? | 你为什么会想到他 |
[26:59] | It made me realize what could be and what wasn’t, | 那让我意识到原本可能会怎样 以及什么是不对的 |
[27:03] | and I thank you for that. | 我要感谢你让我明白这些 |
[27:06] | – Glad to be of help. – No, seriously, Frankie. | -很高兴能帮上忙 -不 说真的 弗兰琦 |
[27:08] | I wish you had a you to help you, | 我真希望你也有遇到一个你自己来帮忙 |
[27:10] | but you don’t. You only have me. | 但可惜你遇不到 你身边只有我 |
[27:12] | Great, the blind leading the blind. | 真好啊 一个瞎子给另一个瞎子带路 |
[27:15] | I think you’re blinder. Certainly deafer. | 我觉得你更瞎一点 显然要更聋一点 |
[27:17] | But here we are, sitting in the same sand. | 但现在我们却坐在同一片沙滩上 |
[27:22] | Come on, let’s go home. | 好了 我们回家去吧 |
[27:24] | You’re just gonna leave this? | 你打算把这些都留在这儿吗 |
[27:26] | It’s not the first house I’ve walked away from today! | 这又不是我今天抛下的第一座房子了 |
[27:32] | You know, that tasty morsel you dropped | 你刚刚提到的 |
[27:36] | about that man that you had the thing with… | 曾跟你有过一段的那个男人的故事 |
[27:40] | – Tell me more. – Maybe another day. | -再跟我仔细说说吧 -不如改天吧 |
[27:44] | Maybe tonight over hot chocolate. | 不如今晚边喝热巧克力边说吧 |
[27:47] | We’ll see. | 再看吧 |
[27:55] | Sol, I love you for who you are | 索尔 我爱真实的你 |
[28:01] | and who I am with you. | 以及和你在一起时的我 |
[28:05] | From this day forth, I freely | 从今天开始 我将自由地 |
[28:09] | and joyfully join my life with yours. | 开心地 和你共度人生 |
[28:14] | Wherever you go, I will go. | 无论你去往何处 我必相随 |
[28:18] | Whatever you face, I will face. | 无论你面对何事 我必分担 |
[28:22] | I will care for you should you become ill. | 你若不幸被疾病缠绕 我定会好好照顾你 |
[28:26] | I will comfort you should you feel sad. | 你若伤心难过 我定会好好安慰你 |
[28:31] | I will bathe in your joy. | 你快乐 我就快乐 |
[28:34] | I am yours completely and forever. | 我是你的 彻彻底底 永永远远 |
[28:39] | I take you as my partner for life, | 我愿意和你结成终生伴侣 |
[28:43] | and I will give myself… to no other. | 我绝不再属于 别的任何人 |