时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Frankie, how did the medicine cabinet get into the couch? | 弗兰琦 医药柜怎么跑到沙发里了 |
[00:53] | – Oh, don’t ask. – It’s a simple question. | -别问了 -这问题很简单 |
[00:56] | I know, but the answer is complicated. My majorette boots. | 我知道 但答案很复杂 我的军乐队指挥靴 |
[01:00] | Frankie, I’m not cleaning up after you. | 弗兰琦 我才不要跟着你后面收拾 |
[01:03] | Or doing your dishes, that, by the way, | 或是替你洗盘子 顺便说下 |
[01:05] | have been in the sink for two day– | 池子里的盘子已经泡两天了 |
[01:06] | – Did you say majorette boots? – Yes. | -你刚说军乐队指挥靴 -对 |
[01:09] | There have been many Frankies, | 事实上 光是这辈子 |
[01:10] | as it turns out, in this lifetime alone. | 就有好多个弗兰琦 |
[01:13] | With many vaginas. | 也有很多阴道 |
[01:15] | There are four more here than I ever needed to see. | 光是这里的就比我能承受的上限多了四个 |
[01:18] | And my baton. | 还有我的指挥棒 |
[01:21] | This used to be my signature move. | 这以前是我的标志性动作 |
[01:24] | No, it’s the pajamas that make it yours. | 不 睡衣才是你的特色 |
[01:28] | Oh, my God, my old yearbook. | 天呐 我的老年鉴 |
[01:32] | Frankie, look at me. Look at me. | 弗兰琦 看着我 看着我 |
[01:34] | Look at my face. My eyes. Good. | 看着我的脸 我的眼睛 很好 |
[01:37] | I don’t know what the division of labor was in your marriage– | 我不知道你家以前是怎么分工的 |
[01:40] | Bud did most of the cleaning. | 巴德是清洁主力 |
[01:43] | Here, will you get a load of me for a fat second? | 看 你来看看我一下 |
[01:46] | This girl is fearless. | 这姑娘多无畏 |
[01:47] | She is a hurricane of vim and vigor and elastic skin. | 她是一股活力和精力的飓风 皮肤吹弹可破 |
[01:52] | – “Dear Frances…” – Frances? | -亲爱的弗兰西斯 -弗兰西斯 |
[01:54] | “You are a hoot. | 你太逗了 |
[01:56] | Remember me always, | 永远记住我 |
[01:57] | as I will remember you and all our intrepid adventures. | 我也会永远记住你和我们所有无畏的冒险 |
[02:00] | – Your Best Friend Forever, Donny.” – Oh, who’s Donny? | -你永远的挚友 唐尼 -唐尼是谁 |
[02:03] | I’m not sure. I don’t remember, but I remember Frances. | 不知道 我不记得了 但我记得弗兰西斯 |
[02:06] | – Wait, “Frances Mengela”? – Men-jella. | -等等 “弗兰西斯·门格勒 -门杰拉 |
[02:08] | It was an unfortunate last name. | 是个很难听的姓氏 |
[02:11] | It’s the only reason I took Sol’s. | 所以我才随了索尔的姓 |
[02:13] | This is Frances eating a corn dog on the hood of a Thunderbird. | 这张是弗兰西斯在一辆雷鸟的引擎盖上吃热狗 |
[02:18] | Oh, she’s a daredevil. She’s plucky. She’s adventurous. | 她胆识过人 勇敢无畏 热爱冒险 |
[02:21] | You’re sitting on a parked car. | 你就是坐在一辆停着的车上 |
[02:24] | I’m making a point. | 我是想表明观点 |
[02:25] | You know how I’ve been looking everywhere for the new me, | 你知道我一直在到处寻找新的我 |
[02:28] | and all the while she was here. | 原来她一直在这里 |
[02:30] | The old me is the best new me. Vive la Frances. | 过去的我就是最棒的新我 弗兰西斯万岁 |
[02:35] | That’s the spirit. | 这就对了 |
[02:38] | Come on, Grace. | 拜托 格蕾丝 |
[02:38] | Haven’t you ever been anyone else? | 曾经的你就没有跟现在完全不同吗 |
[02:40] | No, I am consistently the same person, it’s part of my schtick. | 不 我一直是同一个人 这是我的特色 |
[02:45] | I mean, wasn’t there a best Grace? | 没有过一个最佳的格蕾丝吗 |
[02:50] | Well, once. Maybe. | 或许曾经有过一次吧 |
[02:53] | I know when. And I know who brought the playful out in you. | 我知道是什么时候 是谁调动了你的玩乐心 |
[02:57] | It rhymes with Brazil Milstein. | 跟布里希尔·米尔斯汀押韵 |
[02:59] | His name is Phil. End of subject. | 他叫菲尔 话题结束 |
[03:14] | Is that Usain Bolt? Oh no, it’s my dad. | 这是体育明星博尔特吗 不对 是我爸爸 |
[03:19] | Welcome home, Daddy. | 欢迎回家 爸爸 |
[03:20] | Thank you, sweetheart. It’s so good to be home. | 谢谢 亲爱的 回家感觉太棒了 |
[03:22] | Come and relax. | 过来放松吧 |
[03:28] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[03:29] | It’s a lift chair. | 是沙发椅 |
[03:30] | Looks like it came from the pancake restaurant where Death eats. | 看上去像死神就餐的薄煎饼餐厅的椅子 |
[03:34] | OK. I know I got you an ugly present, | 好吧 我知道这件礼物不好看 |
[03:36] | but, Dad, it’s so practical. | 但是 爸爸 这东西很实用 |
[03:38] | When you need to get up, it raises you into a standing position. | 如果你需要站起来 椅子会把你举到站立的姿势 |
[03:45] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[03:48] | What this chair lacks in form, it makes up for in function. | 这把椅子虽然不好看 但很实用 |
[03:52] | It will save you from straining your groin. | 能避免你拉伤腹股沟 |
[03:54] | Can we have five minutes where no one mentions my groin? | 能不能5分钟内不要提我的腹股沟 |
[03:57] | Send it back, please. I’m not an invalid. | 退回去吧 我不是残废 |
[03:59] | No one’s saying you’re an invalid, | 没人说你是残废 |
[04:01] | we just want you to take it easy. | 我们只是希望你悠着点 |
[04:03] | And, look, it gives you a massage. | 看啊 还能给你按摩呢 |
[04:06] | No, it doesn’t do that, Sol. | 不 没那个功能 索尔 |
[04:08] | That was a hundred dollars more. | 那个得多要100块呢 |
[04:10] | I’ll give you $200 to put it on the curb. | 把它丢出去 我给你两百 |
[04:12] | No… | 别 |
[04:15] | That would have been so much easier with a lift. | 如果有举升功能起身可就轻松多了 |
[04:17] | This is better. | 这样更好 |
[04:23] | Grace! Grace, you’re not gonna believe what I did. | 格蕾丝 格蕾丝 你不会相信我做了什么 |
[04:27] | You’re gonna kiss me. Or not. | 你会亲我的 也许不会 |
[04:29] | Certainly not on the lips, maybe about the head somewhere. | 肯定不会吻嘴唇 或许亲在头上什么地方 |
[04:32] | – Or you might want to kick me out. – Well, I’m not kissing you, | -也或许你会赶我走 -我是不会亲你的 |
[04:35] | so take all your vaginas with you when you go. | 你走的时候别忘记带走你那些阴道 |
[04:37] | I found a Phil Milstein. | 我找到了一位菲尔·米尔斯汀 |
[04:40] | I never asked you to look for Phil. | 我没叫你去找菲尔啊 |
[04:42] | I’m an amateur sleuth with limited self-control and a computer. | 我是个业余侦探 自控力不强 还有电脑 |
[04:46] | – It was a perfect storm. – Is that my computer? | -简直是场完美风暴 -那是我的电脑吗 |
[04:49] | Calm down. Mine’s frozen. I think by the FBI. | 冷静 我的被冻结了 好像是联调局干的 |
[04:53] | It could be a virus, but either way, best to lay low for a while. | 可能是中病毒了 但不管怎样 最好低调一阵 |
[04:57] | – I think I found your Phil. – He’s not my Phil. | -我好像找到你的菲尔了 -他不是我的菲尔 |
[05:01] | He never was. | 他从来都不是 |
[05:06] | Well, is-is there a picture? | 有照片吗 |
[05:08] | Uh, no. But his cover photo is a wet Rottweiler. | 没有 但他的头像是一只湿漉漉的罗特韦尔犬 |
[05:11] | He’s a contractor who was born in San Antonio. | 他是一个生在圣安东尼奥的承包商 |
[05:14] | Oh, my God, it’s him. | 天呐 真是他 |
[05:16] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[05:18] | Now tell me what happened with you two. Spill it, lady. | 告诉我你俩之间到底怎么回事 说吧 妹子 |
[05:21] | No. No. I am not interested. | 不不 我不感兴趣 |
[05:23] | Oh, right, why would you | 是啊 你为什么会 |
[05:25] | be interested in the great love of your life? | 对你人生的挚爱感兴趣呢 |
[05:28] | I’m gonna erase it, my finger is on the eraser key. | 我这就抹去它 我手指已经放在删除键上了 |
[05:30] | There is no eraser key. Frankie, just forget it. | 根本没有那么个键 弗兰琦 别管了 |
[05:34] | It’s not meant to be. | 根本是有缘无分 |
[05:35] | I was with Robert. Our timing was off. | 我当时跟罗伯特在一起 我们的时机不对 |
[05:39] | I had the girls. | 我已经生了女儿们 |
[05:40] | Please just drop it. | 拜托你放弃吧 |
[05:41] | Look, he lives in Mission Viejo, | 看啊 他住在米申维耶霍 |
[05:44] | and he’s passionate about the national dam system. | 而且他对国家水坝系统充满热情 |
[05:48] | At least you have that in common. | 至少你们有这个共同点[抑制感情] |
[05:51] | I haven’t seen him in 15 years. | 我已经15年没见过他了 |
[05:53] | If we get in the car right now, | 如果我们现在上车 |
[05:55] | we could see him by cocktail hour. | 下午就能见到他了 |
[05:57] | I can find his address for $9.99. | 我只要花9.99美元就能查到他的住址 |
[06:00] | Give me your credit card. | 把你的信用卡给我 |
[06:01] | Oh, never mind, I-I finally have it memorized. | 算了 我终于记住了 |
[06:05] | No, no, no. No! I cannot at 71 years old | 不不 不行 我不能 我都71岁了 |
[06:08] | drive to Mission Viejo, | 还开车去米申维耶霍 |
[06:10] | unannounced to… for all intents and purposes, | 不请自来 不管怎么说 |
[06:13] | stalk a man I have no business contacting. | 跟踪一个我根本不该联系的男人 |
[06:16] | Get in the car, Grace. | 上车吧 格蕾丝 |
[06:17] | You don’t have to talk to him, | 你不是非得跟他说话 |
[06:18] | you can hide in the glove compartment. | 你可以藏在储物箱里 |
[06:21] | – You’d probably fit. – I don’t know. | -你或许真能塞进去 -我觉得不好吧 |
[06:24] | Come on, don’t you wonder what he looks like? | 拜托 你难道不想知道他什么样了吗 |
[06:26] | What did he look like? | 他当年什么样 |
[06:29] | I wonder if he still has his mustache. | 不知道他是不是留着小胡子 |
[06:33] | I wish you could see your eyes right now. | 真希望你此刻能看到你自己的眼睛 |
[06:35] | I can imagine you at 18. | 我能想象你18岁的样子 |
[06:37] | – Oh, I like this Grace. – Really? | -我喜欢这个格蕾丝 -是吗 |
[06:42] | I don’t know. I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know. | 我不知道 我不知道 我不知道 |
[06:45] | What is the worst that could happen? That he’s bald? | 最坏是什么结果 他秃顶了吗 |
[06:47] | That he still likes you? | 他还喜欢你 |
[06:49] | That he wants to make a suit out of your skin? | 他想拿你的皮肤做衣服 |
[06:51] | What? Oh, come on, let’s do it. | 怎么了 得了 我们去吧 |
[06:56] | – OK! – Ah, booyah! | -好吧 -好嘞 |
[07:00] | Oh, God. This is so fun. | 天呐 这太好玩了 |
[07:03] | Ah, wait. Snacks for the road. | 等等 带点零食路上吃 |
[07:07] | – Frances can drive. – Frances always drives. | -弗兰西斯可以开车 -弗兰西斯是老司机了 |
[07:10] | Once through a closed garage door, but… nobody was hurt. | 虽然有次撞穿了一扇车库门 但又没人受伤 |
[07:21] | You’ve done this before, haven’t you? | 你以前干过这种事吧 |
[07:25] | Please don’t cross your legs, the doctor said not to. | 别翘腿 医生说不可以的 |
[07:28] | The doctor also said not to drive me crazy. | 医生还说别把我逼疯呢 |
[07:31] | – What? – Nothing. Love you. | -什么 -没事 爱你哟 |
[07:37] | Jeez. | 天呐 |
[07:41] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[07:43] | Look. | 看啊 |
[07:48] | – Oh, man. – Right? | -天呐 -是吧 |
[07:49] | What? What? | 怎么了 怎么了 |
[07:52] | I think these are the vows that Robert wrote. | 这些好像是罗伯特写的誓言 |
[08:11] | Dad. Dad. Dad, sit up. | 爸爸 爸爸 坐好 |
[08:15] | – Dad. Sit up. – Sit up. Sit up. | -爸爸 坐好 -坐好 坐好 |
[08:18] | He really loves me. | 他真的好爱我 |
[08:21] | He has no idea he married a lying sack of shit. | 他完全不知道自己跟一个大骗子结婚了 |
[08:25] | -洗我 -干旱呢 -混蛋 | |
[08:27] | Come on, Grace. Hurry up! | 快点 格蕾丝 抓紧 |
[08:30] | Coming. I’m coming. | 来了 我来了 |
[08:32] | Are you aware that Mission Viejo | 你知道米申维耶霍 |
[08:34] | is the birthplace of Florence Griffith Joyner? | 是弗洛伦斯·格里菲斯- 乔伊娜[短跑运动员]的出生地吗 |
[08:37] | Well, isn’t that the cherry on top? | 真是锦上添花 |
[08:39] | If we take the side streets, | 如果我们走支线 |
[08:41] | we can be there in about three hours, | 三小时后就能到 |
[08:44] | – but that’s without pee breaks. – Three hours? | -但是这没算停车尿尿的时间 -三小时 |
[08:46] | We’re driving to Mission Viejo, not the Middle East. | 我们是要开车去米申维耶霍 又不是中东 |
[08:49] | It’s an hour on the freeway with traffic. | 即便堵车 高速一小时也能到了 |
[08:51] | There are some things you don’t know about me. | 你不了解我的一个特点 |
[08:53] | Well, I know about the charges on my credit card. | 我知道我信用卡的消费记录 |
[08:56] | It’s freeways. I’m terrified of them. | 高速 我怕高速 |
[08:59] | Sol drove while I assumed the crash position. | 索尔开车时我都做好撞车准备姿势 |
[09:01] | – Fine. I’ll drive drunk. – No, no, no, no. | -好吧 我来酒驾 -不不不 |
[09:04] | – Frances always drives. – Then drive! | -弗兰西斯一向是司机 -那就开去啊 |
[09:07] | I’m about to remember this is a terrible idea. | 我要记起这主意有多糟糕了 |
[09:14] | Why do they all hate me? | 为什么他们都恨我 |
[09:15] | They hate you because they want to go home. | 因为他们想回家 |
[09:17] | We’ve been sitting here 15 minutes. | 我们已经在这儿坐了15分钟了 |
[09:19] | You know, the idea is to merge. | 你该并车道的 |
[09:20] | How do you get in? How do you do it? | 怎么插进去啊 怎么做啊 |
[09:22] | You put your foot on the long, skinny pedal and push. | 把你的脚踩在长长瘦瘦的板子上 踩下去 |
[09:25] | It’s not that hard. | 没那么难 |
[09:27] | – Here’s your window. Go, go. Go! – I can’t. | -后面空了 快并道 -我做不到 |
[09:30] | It’s like jump rope. You pick your moment and jump in. | 就像跳长绳 你选个时机 就跳进去 |
[09:32] | No, but I broke both my clavicles jumping rope. | 但我跳长绳时把两边锁骨都摔断了 |
[09:35] | I had to spend the whole summer indoors. | 那一整个夏天不得不在家待着 |
[09:37] | Oh, I wonder if my-my pen pal Jordy is still alive. | 不知道我的笔友乔迪是不是还活着 |
[09:40] | – Go, go. Frankie, go! – My brain is sending the signal, | -走 弗兰琦 快 -我的大脑在发出信号 |
[09:42] | my foot’s giving me the finger. | 但我的脚却在罢工 |
[09:44] | Oh, grow some, Frances! | 拿出点胆子吧 弗兰西斯 |
[09:50] | It’s a good day to die! | 今天是去死的好日子 |
[09:53] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[09:54] | Go. | 走吧 |
[09:58] | Look at me, Sol, you putz! | 看我啊 索尔 你个笨蛋 |
[10:19] | Dad, this is amazing. | 爸 这太爽了 |
[10:21] | I’m not doing anything and I’m about to stand up. | 我什么都没做就能站起来 |
[10:23] | I’m almost up. | 我就要站起来了 |
[10:27] | – I’m up. – Hey, Brianna, are these yours? | -我起来了 -布丽安娜 这是你的吗 |
[10:32] | You’ve been hiding cigars from me? | 你居然一直背着我藏雪茄 |
[10:33] | I’ve never seen those Robustos | 我这辈子从没见过那些罗布图雪茄 |
[10:35] | that you should handle carefully before in my life. | 不过你对待它们应该小心点 |
[10:38] | Have you found his pork rind stash yet? | 你找到他藏的猪皮了吗 |
[10:40] | – Brianna. – His what? | -布丽安娜 -什么 |
[10:43] | That ice bucket came with those pork rinds in it. | 那个冰桶自带猪皮 |
[10:46] | He used to keep Slim Jims in the waffle maker. | 他以前会把牛肉干藏在华夫饼铛里 |
[10:48] | Remember that, Daddy? ‘Member when you did that? | 记得吗 爸爸 记得那事吗 |
[10:51] | Brianna, for the love of God, will you give me some peace? | 布丽安娜 看在上帝的分上 让我消停会儿吧 |
[10:54] | Who hides junk food? Fifteen-year-old girls. | 15岁的小女生才会藏垃圾食品吧 |
[10:56] | And 30-year-old men do sometimes, when they’re sad. | 30岁的大老爷们难过的时候也会这么干 |
[10:59] | What else are you hiding from me? | 你还藏了什么 |
[11:01] | It’s just a stash, that’s all. Please. | 就是藏了点东西而已 得了 |
[11:04] | Can I not keep one thing that brings me joy? | 我就不能留点让我开心的东西吗 |
[11:06] | No. Find joy elsewhere. | 不行 去别处找乐趣吧 |
[11:08] | I’d like to find joy elsewhere. | 我也想去别处找乐趣 |
[11:11] | – You’re hiding alcohol, too? – No, that’s Mom’s stash. | -你还藏酒 -不 那是妈妈的 |
[11:14] | I’ll get that to her. | 我回头拿给她 |
[11:16] | I’m gonna help Bri get that to her. | 我要帮布丽把酒送去 |
[11:18] | I’m gonna be their designated driver. | 我要给他们开车 |
[11:20] | Of course, you guys have been so great through this whole thing. | 当然 你们这段时间以来一直很棒 |
[11:26] | You need to get on with your own lives. | 你们继续去过自己的生活吧 |
[11:28] | Please, don’t go! Please. | 别走啊 别走 |
[11:30] | I’m not ready to be alone with him. Not yet. Not in our home. | 我还没准备好跟他单独待在我们家 现在还不行 |
[11:35] | Every time he looks at me… he trusts me. | 每次他看着我时…他信任我 |
[11:39] | I can’t take it. | 我受不了 |
[11:40] | You’re gonna have to be alone with him sometime, Dad. | 你早晚得跟他独处 爸爸 |
[11:42] | – We can’t move in. – I know. I’m being crazy. | -我们又不能搬进来 -我知道 我是在发疯 |
[11:45] | Yeah. Turn around, walk back into the kitchen. | 是啊 转身 走回厨房 |
[11:49] | Calm down, you’ll be fine. | 冷静下来 你不会有事的 |
[11:57] | String cheese? | 奶酪条 |
[11:59] | String cheese? Are you out of your mind? | 奶酪条 你疯了吗 |
[12:05] | OK, everybody back in. | 好吧 大家回去 |
[12:09] | It’s cheese! | 那可是奶酪啊 |
[12:10] | It’ll shoot through your arteries, slam into your heart, | 会沿着你的血管 流进你的心脏 |
[12:13] | and blow you right into the driveway! | 然后把你炸飞到车道上 |
[12:17] | It’s part skim. | 是半脱脂的 |
[12:27] | How did you meet him? | 你怎么认识他的 |
[12:29] | I was just thinking how nice it was | 我刚还在想如果我们 |
[12:31] | that we’d reached a point in our relationship | 能达到 坐在车里 |
[12:33] | where we can sit in a car and not talk. | 不说话的境界该有多好 |
[12:36] | You don’t want to talk to me about Phil, fine. | 你不想跟我聊菲尔的事 好吧 |
[12:38] | How about I tell you about my theory | 那我跟你说说我关于 |
[12:40] | on how the government controls the weather? | 政府控制天气的理论吧 |
[12:42] | He was the contractor who did my kitchen. We became friends. | 他是帮我装修厨房的承包商 我们成了朋友 |
[12:47] | And then we met by chance one Friday after work. | 然后有天周五下班后我们偶遇了 |
[12:51] | Was he married, too? | 他当时也结婚了吗 |
[12:53] | He was. A few years ago, I heard he got divorced. | 是的 不过几年前我听说他离婚了 |
[12:56] | Ooh, the plot thickens. How long did it go on? | 越来越有意思了 你们的奸情持续了多久 |
[13:01] | It never really got started. | 从来就没开始过 |
[13:02] | If it had, I wouldn’t be here. | 如果开始了 我就不会在这里了 |
[13:04] | Well, that would be sad for me. | 那我就比较可悲了 |
[13:06] | But then I could get a hedgehog. | 不过那样的话我就可以养只刺猬 |
[13:24] | – You’ve got company. – I do? | -有人来找你了 -是吗 |
[13:28] | – Oh, that’s not for me. – Well, who else is it for? | -那不是来找我的 -那还能找谁 |
[13:31] | There’s nobody else on the road. | 路上又没有其他车辆了 |
[13:33] | No, thank you! | 免了 谢谢 |
[13:36] | They’re menaces to society. I’ve done nothing wrong. | 他们是对社会的威胁 我又没做错什么 |
[13:39] | I’m not speeding. | 我没超速 |
[13:41] | – Oh, it’s you he’s after. – Me? What did I do? | -他要找的是你 -我吗 我做什么了 |
[13:44] | Your open container. | 你在喝酒呢 |
[13:46] | We’ll never survive inside. | 我们在牢里肯定活不下来 |
[13:47] | – Oh, please. – Well, you will. | -拜托 -你倒是可以 |
[13:49] | You’ll get a very butch girlfriend | 你会找个壮汉似的女朋友 |
[13:50] | who’ll protect you like a Fabergé egg. | 她会把你捧在手心好好保护你的 |
[13:53] | How on earth is he gonna see my thermos through these filthy windows? | 窗户这么脏 他怎么可能看到我的保温壶 |
[13:56] | What, is he, Superman? | 难道他是超人吗 |
[13:58] | Hold tight. We might be in for the fight of our lives. | 别动 我们可能要打一场人生最激烈的战役了 |
[14:01] | – Pull over, please. – Oh, listen to that. | -请停车 -你听听 |
[14:03] | – He’s rabid with power. – Would you pull the damn car over? | -他在炫耀权力呢 -你能把车停下吗 |
[14:06] | – Ditch the booze. – Yeah, I got it, | -把酒收起来 -行了 我知道了 |
[14:08] | I got it, I got it. | 我知道了 知道了 |
[14:16] | All right, keep your mouth shut and your eyes open. | 好了 把嘴闭紧 眼睛睁开 |
[14:19] | We don’t want to give this deviant a reason | 我们可不想给这个怪胎一个理由 |
[14:20] | to go Dirty Harry on us. | 像《肮脏的哈里》里那样对待我们 |
[14:25] | How are you today, ma’am? | 你今天还好吗 女士 |
[14:26] | I know my civil rights, that’s how I am. | 我知道我的权利 就是这样 |
[14:29] | – Good afternoon, Officer. – Ma’am. | -下午好 警官 -女士你好 |
[14:31] | I demand to know why you pulled me over. | 我要求知道你为什么拦停我 |
[14:33] | And be informed, I’m filming you. | 请详细告知 我已经开始拍你了 |
[14:37] | Here you go. Now you’re filming me. | 像这样才对 这才是在拍摄我 |
[14:41] | Thank you. I appreciate that. | 谢谢 非常感激 |
[14:43] | May I see your license and registration, please? | 能出示下驾照和注册证吗 |
[14:48] | Oh, it’s water. Because of the drought. | 里面是水 因为干旱 |
[14:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:52] | Did you know that your brake light is out, Ms… Bergstein? | 你知道你的刹车灯坏了吗 伯格斯丁夫人 |
[14:56] | And your license has been expired for three years. | 并且你的驾照已经过期三年了 |
[15:01] | Does it expire? | 竟然会过期吗 |
[15:02] | Yes, ma’am. The expiration date hints at that. | 是的 上面的”过期日”说明了这一点 |
[15:06] | Well, I’ll get everything fixed. Thank you. | 我会把一切都处理好的 谢谢 |
[15:09] | Ma’am, you cannot drive. | 女士 你不能驾车 |
[15:11] | That’s ridiculous. How am I supposed to get to the DMV? | 真搞笑 不能驾车 你要我怎么去车管局 |
[15:14] | You’ll figure something out, I guess. | 你只能想其他办法了 |
[15:16] | What is this? Some kind of shakedown? | 这算什么 恐吓吗 |
[15:18] | I need water. | 我需要喝水 |
[15:19] | You cannot drive until you get your license renewed, ma’am. | 你在更新驾照前 是不能开车的 女士 |
[15:21] | Oh, come on, we’re like six blocks | 拜托 再开一小段路 |
[15:24] | from the guy we’re stalking. | 就能找到我们跟踪的那家伙了 |
[15:25] | No, no, no, you shouldn’t tell me that. | 不 不 你不该告诉我这些的 |
[15:32] | In three years, it never occurred to you to look at your license? | 三年来 你从未想过要看一眼驾照吗 |
[15:35] | I looked once, but the hologram made me dizzy. | 我看过一次 但是全息图让我头昏眼花 |
[15:39] | That’s it. On the corner. | 到了 就在角落里 |
[15:40] | What am I doing? | 我这是在干什么啊 |
[15:42] | I should be driving us home. | 我应该这就开回家才对 |
[15:44] | Oh, no, you won’t. | 不 不行 |
[15:45] | Or you’ll regret it the rest of your life. | 否则你余生都会后悔的 |
[15:48] | Because you’ll be spending it with me. Pull over. | 因为你余生都将和我一起度过 停车 |
[15:57] | – Damn it, this is exciting. – Oh, why did I come here? | -妈的 这太刺激了 -我为什么要来啊 |
[16:00] | No, no, it’s never too late for love, my friend. | 不 真爱什么时候都不晚 朋友 |
[16:05] | What? | 什么 |
[16:06] | – What do you see? – I see Phil’s shoes. | -你看到什么了 -我看到菲尔的鞋了 |
[16:09] | I’m gonna say Timberland. | 我觉得是天伯伦牌子的 |
[16:12] | He looks like an over- pronator. | 他看上去似乎是个内翻足 |
[16:15] | Do you remember him having bunions? | 你记得他患有姆囊炎吗 |
[16:17] | Yeah, it’s all we talked about. That’s how he hooked me. | 是啊 我们经常谈这个 他就是这样吸勾住我的 |
[16:22] | What if he’s not home? | 如果他不在家呢 |
[16:24] | Or if he’s home, why would he come outside? | 如果他在家 他为什么要出来呢 |
[16:26] | Not to worry. As an amateur sleuth, | 别担心 作为一名业余侦探 |
[16:28] | I always come with three plans: | 我向来都会准备好三套方案 |
[16:29] | We throw a rock through his window, | 第一 向他的窗户里扔块石头 |
[16:31] | he has to come out to see who did it. | 他肯定得出来是谁干的 |
[16:33] | Well, we’re not gonna do that. | 我们不能这么做 |
[16:34] | OK, then, we ring his doorbell and we run away. | 好吧 那就按响他的门铃 然后跑开 |
[16:37] | We actually can’t do that. | 我们没办法那样 |
[16:39] | – If we run slowly? – That’s called walking. | -如果我们慢慢跑开呢 -那叫走路 |
[16:42] | Ok. Ok. | 好吧 好吧 |
[16:43] | Plan three, and this is my pièce de résistance: | 方案三 这是我的重点方案了 |
[16:46] | We order a pizza. | 我们叫一份披萨 |
[16:48] | He has to open the door when the pizza guy knocks. | 等送披萨的来敲门 他肯定得开门 |
[16:51] | That’s actually not a bad idea. | 那还真是个不错的主意 |
[16:52] | He comes out, we duck down, he never sees us. | 他出来时 我们躲下 他不会看到我们的 |
[16:55] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[16:57] | I did that with Jerome Hodges in 11th grade. | 我念11年级时曾多杰罗姆·霍杰斯这样做过 |
[17:00] | Did it work? | 成功了吗 |
[17:02] | Well, he caught me, we ate pizza, | 被他发现了 然后我们一起吃了披萨 |
[17:03] | and I had my first orgasm. So, yes. | 我享受到了第一次高潮 所以 成功了 |
[17:06] | Yes, hello, I need to order… | 你好 我想点一份 |
[17:08] | a very large vegetarian pizza. | 非常大的素披萨 |
[17:10] | I can’t do this. | 我不能这么做 |
[17:12] | Phil is not Jerome and I’m not in high school. | 菲尔不是杰罗姆 我也不是高中生了 |
[17:14] | Oh, I hear you. | 我听到了 |
[17:16] | Would Phil like onions? | 菲尔喜欢吃洋葱吗 |
[17:32] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿 |
[17:33] | To my own house, Sol. | 回我家 索尔 |
[17:35] | Where I live. To take my medication. | 回我住的地方 吃我的药 |
[17:37] | What is it? Maybe we have it. | 什么药 或许我们这儿也有 |
[17:38] | It’s a very delicate balance of cannabis, | 是一种精细综合了印度大麻 |
[17:40] | 12- year Scotch and Zoloft. | 12年威士忌和舍曲林的药 |
[17:41] | Dad, you’ll be fine, OK? He’s sleeping. | 爸 你会没事的 好吗 他在睡觉呢 |
[17:44] | – But he’ll wake up. – Then do something. | -但他会醒来的 -那就找点事做 |
[17:46] | Y- You both need a distraction right now. | 你们现在都需要一些事来分散注意力 |
[17:48] | Binge on Antiques Roadshow. | 连看《古董路演》吧 |
[17:50] | No, no, he has to stay calm. | 不 不行 他必须保持冷静 |
[17:52] | You should have seen the dance he did | 你们是不知道 有次他看得跳起舞来 |
[17:54] | when that nun found out her stained- glass lamp was Tiffany. | 因为有个修女发现她的彩色玻璃灯是蒂芙尼珠宝 |
[17:56] | Then watch Walking Dead. Dad, we have to go. | 那就看《行尸走肉》 爸 我们得走了 |
[17:59] | I’m sorry. I am. | 我很抱歉 真的 |
[18:00] | I’m just- – I’m terrified that everything’s going to change. | 我…我很害怕一切都会改变 |
[18:05] | I don’t mean to put it on you. | 我也不想把这烦心事加到你们身上 |
[18:06] | Wait, what do you mean everything’s about to change? | 等等 什么叫一切都会改变 |
[18:08] | We’ve had enough changes. No more changes. | 已经有够多的改变了 可千万别再变了 |
[18:09] | But when I tell him about Frankie- – | 但是如果我告诉他弗兰琦… |
[18:12] | No, hold the phone. You’re not telling him anything. | 别 打住 你绝不能告诉他任何事 |
[18:14] | – I have to. – No, you don’t. Trust me. | -我必须说 -不 不行 相信我 |
[18:16] | It’s the worst idea you have ever had in a lifetime of bad ideas. | 那是你这辈子所有的馊主意中最馊的主意 |
[18:20] | – He has to tell him sometime. – Why? | -他总要告诉他的 -为什么 |
[18:22] | What? Really? No! | 什么 不是吧 不行 |
[18:24] | Let’s all walk through this right now. | 我们来过一遍这事 |
[18:25] | You feel horrible about what happened, right? | 你对于已经发生的事感到很愧疚 对吧 |
[18:27] | Worse than horrible. | 不仅仅是愧疚了 |
[18:28] | And it’s never, ever going to happen again, is it? | 但那事绝对不会再发生了 对吧 |
[18:29] | – Good God, no! – Then why tell him? | -天啊 当然不会 -那为什么要告诉他 |
[18:33] | – What good could come of it? – Because it’s a secret. | -说出来能有什么好处 -因为那是个秘密 |
[18:35] | OK? And secrets are lies. | 明白吗 秘密就是谎言 |
[18:38] | Right, so, for the rest of my life | 没错 在我的余生当中 |
[18:40] | I’m never going to be able to look him in the eye? | 我都不能直视他的眼睛了吗 |
[18:44] | Some secrets are just meant to become cancer. | 有些秘密注定是要成为癌症的 |
[18:47] | So just enjoy the rest of your now shortened life. | 所以好好享受你现在缩短了的余生吧 |
[18:51] | One problem with secrets: they always come out. | 秘密的问题在于 它们终将泄露出来 |
[18:54] | – Oh, God. – What the hell’s going on? | -天啊 -到底是怎么回事 |
[18:59] | What are all these hushed conversations, for heaven’s sake? | 你们小声嘀嘀咕咕的 是在搞什么鬼 |
[19:04] | Honey, we were being quiet. We didn’t want to wake you. | 亲爱的 我们小声是因为不想吵醒你 |
[19:07] | All day, everybody’s hunched and whispering. | 所有人都鬼鬼祟祟耳语一整天了 |
[19:10] | What are you not telling me? | 你们到底有什么事瞒着我 |
[19:12] | Did the doctor tell you something? | 是医生告诉你们什么了吗 |
[19:15] | Am I dying, Sol? | 我是要死了吗 索尔 |
[19:17] | Is that why you got me that horrible chair? | 所以你才给我买了那个暴丑的椅子吗 |
[19:19] | No, no. You’re fine. You’re well. I swear. | 不 你没事 健康得很 我发誓 |
[19:24] | All right, then what is it? What is the elephant in the room? | 好吧 那到底是什么事 到底有什么秘密 |
[19:31] | – Do you really want to know, Dad? – I have a right to know. | -你真想知道吗 爸 -我有权知道 |
[19:35] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[19:36] | No. Don’t. | 不 别说 |
[19:42] | Coyote has chlamydia. | 卡奥迪感染了衣原体 |
[19:52] | Just a titch. | 就一点点而已 |
[19:56] | I’m over the hump. | 我已经度过危机了 |
[19:59] | They offered him pain pills but he refused. | 他们要给他吃止痛药 但他拒绝了 |
[20:02] | – I’m so proud of you, kiddo. – Aw, thanks, Dad. | -我真为你骄傲 孩子 -谢谢 爸 |
[20:10] | Ugh, where is he? Answer the door. | 他在哪儿 快开门啊 |
[20:12] | The guy can’t knock all day. | 那家伙不可能一直敲啊 |
[20:14] | Clearly he’s not home. You need to go pay for the pizza. | 显然他不在家 你得去把披萨钱付了 |
[20:18] | I don’t have any cash. Can’t you pay for it? | 我又没现金 就不能你去付吗 |
[20:27] | Uh, excuse me. I’ll take that. | 不好意思 给我吧 |
[20:30] | – $15.99. – Grace? | -15.99美元 -格蕾丝 |
[20:38] | Phil. Phil. | 菲尔 菲尔 |
[20:41] | Who were you expecting? | 你以为会是谁呢 |
[20:46] | You. I mean, it is your house. | 你 当然 这是你家嘛 |
[20:49] | And I- I- I… I thought I- – | 我 我心想… |
[20:52] | that I might run into you here. | 我可能会在这儿遇到你呢 |
[20:54] | Well, you did. | 你的确遇到了 |
[20:56] | What are you doing here, Grace? | 你到这儿来干什么 格蕾丝 |
[21:01] | My friend and I were visiting Mission Viejo because- – | 我朋友和我到米申维耶霍来玩 因为… |
[21:05] | Did you know that Florence Griffith Joyner was born here? | 你知道弗洛伦斯·格里菲斯- 乔伊娜出生在这里吗 |
[21:12] | Anyway, we got a little lost, | 总之 我们有点迷路了 |
[21:16] | so I ordered a pizza. | 然后我就订了个披萨 |
[21:20] | I don’t even know what to say. | 我都不知道该说什么了 |
[21:25] | It’s nice seeing you? | 很高兴见到你 |
[21:28] | Oh, Phil. Phil, I… | 菲尔 菲尔 我… |
[21:32] | I didn’t come here for Flo- Jo. | 我不是为弗洛伦斯而来的 |
[21:34] | Well, that’s good. She’s dead. | 那很好 她已经死了 |
[21:38] | Oh, this… this is stupid. I shouldn’t have come. | 好吧 这太傻了 我不该来的 |
[21:43] | You’re right about that. | 你说的很对 |
[21:49] | OK. | 好的 |
[21:50] | I’m gonna go. | 我这就走 |
[21:55] | Come on, boy. | 进屋吧 小家伙 |
[21:57] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:01] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[22:04] | Not showing up 15 years ago or showing up 15 years too late? | 15年前没有出现 还是为迟到15年而道歉 |
[22:09] | Phil, I did show up. | 菲尔 我出现了 |
[22:12] | I was there. | 我去了的 |
[22:14] | I went… right up to the door. | 我直接去了那个门口 |
[22:17] | I was at the door. | 我都站到门口了 |
[22:19] | I just- – I couldn’t do it. | 我就是…我没办法那么做 |
[22:23] | Couldn’t do what? Knock? | 没办法做什么 敲门吗 |
[22:25] | I wanted to, I did. | 我想的 真的很想 |
[22:29] | But you didn’t. You left me sitting there. | 但你没有 你让我一个人坐在那里 |
[22:35] | I had no idea what happened to you. | 我完全不知道你出了什么事 |
[22:39] | I wanted to call you, | 我当时想打电话给你 |
[22:42] | but I was afraid if I… | 但我害怕如果我… |
[22:45] | if I heard your voice… | 如果我听到你的声音 |
[22:49] | What did you think was gonna happen here today? | 你以为今天在这儿会发生什么 |
[22:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:56] | Go home, Grace. | 回家去吧 格蕾丝 |
[23:10] | Are you OK? | 你没事吧 |
[23:13] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[23:19] | I can drive. | 我可以开车 |
[23:20] | You don’t have a license. | 你连驾照都没有 |
[23:33] | I can read to you from New Law Journal. | 我可以念《法律报》上的文章给你听 |
[23:37] | There’s a searing article about corroborative witnesses. | 有一篇关于辅证证人的文章很火 |
[23:41] | Honey, I want you to tell me what is wrong. | 亲爱的 我要你告诉我到底出什么事了 |
[23:45] | And it’s not about Coyote’s chlamydia. | 肯定不是卡奥迪感染衣原体了 |
[23:48] | You’ve been out of your mind since we got home. | 自从我们回家后 你就一直不在状态 |
[23:51] | No, I’m just tired. | 不 我只是累了 |
[23:52] | I’ve seen you tired. This is not that. | 我见过你累的样子 这根本不是累的原因 |
[23:55] | I- I’m OK. | 我 我没事 |
[23:57] | Sol, you realize I’m fine, right? | 索尔 你知道我没事 对吧 |
[24:00] | The hard part is over and I made it. | 最艰难的部分已经结束 我挺过来了 |
[24:03] | Something else is going on. | 绝对还有别的事 |
[24:05] | Just tell me what it is, please. | 告诉我到底是什么事 求你了 |
[24:12] | I’m just so afraid of losing you. | 我真的很害怕失去你 |
[24:19] | What are you doing? You- – | 你要干什么 你… |
[24:38] | We never got a chance to do this part. | 我们一直没机会完成这个仪式 |
[24:52] | Your turn. | 到你了 |
[25:06] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我不会离开你身边的 |
[25:19] | I knew my license had lapsed. I… | 我知道我的驾照过期了 我… |
[25:22] | I was afraid I couldn’t pass the test. | 我只是害怕我通不过驾考了 |
[25:25] | Damn these boots. | 这些该死的靴子 |
[25:29] | My feet are killing me. | 我的脚要痛死了 |
[25:34] | I’m sorry, Grace. | 对不起 格蕾丝 |
[25:36] | – I- I thought- – – What? What did you think? | -我 我以为… -什么 你以为会怎样 |
[25:41] | I’d hoped that when you saw him, | 我之前希望 等你看到他 |
[25:44] | you would get your wish. | 就能实现愿望了 |
[25:45] | I don’t need your hope. | 我不需要你的希望 |
[25:48] | Hope is overrated. | 希望的价值被高估了 |
[25:51] | I meant well. | 我是一片好心 |
[25:52] | – I don’t want to talk, Frankie. – But I- – | -我不想说话 弗兰琦 -但我… |
[25:55] | I just need quiet. | 我需要静静 |
[25:57] | I’m just saying you- – you ran a red light. | 我只是想说 你闯红灯了 |