时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:53] | Damn it. Damn it. | 妈的 妈的 |
[00:56] | How’d it go? | 情况怎么样 |
[00:57] | It’s Grace. | 我是格蕾丝 |
[00:58] | I know. That’s why I said, “How’d it go?” | 我知道 所以我才问”情况怎么样” |
[01:01] | Well, you really should say “Hello” First. | 好吧 你真的应该先说”喂” |
[01:03] | – OK, call me back. – No, Frankie! | -好吧 重新打给我 -别 弗兰琦 |
[01:06] | How did it go with Phil? | 和菲尔谈得怎么样 |
[01:08] | I– It– went– better than I thought. | 我…比我想象得要好 |
[01:13] | – That’s it? – I’ll tell you everything tomorrow. | -就这样吗 -明天我再告诉你详情 |
[01:15] | Listen, um… I have to spend the night at Mallory’s. | 听着 我今天晚上要在玛洛丽家过夜 |
[01:19] | Oh, no. Is she back on bed rest? | 不好 她又得卧床修养了吗 |
[01:22] | No, no, no. She’s fine. | 不不不 她没事 |
[01:22] | But, um, Mitch is out of town and, | 不过 米奇出城了 |
[01:25] | um, she needs help with the kids. | 她需要有人帮忙照看孩子 |
[01:27] | Uh, how are you? | 你怎么样 |
[01:28] | – How-How’d it go with Krystle? – Fine. Not bad. | -你和克丽丝托相处得怎么样 -挺好 还不赖 |
[01:33] | – Bad. – Oh, boy. | -很糟 -天呐 |
[01:35] | If you want to stop at Del Taco on your way home tomorrow | 如果你在明天回来的路上去一趟墨西哥快餐店 |
[01:38] | and get me a Veggie Works Burrito, | 给我买一个素食者卷饼 |
[01:40] | I wouldn’t punch you in the face. | 我就不揍你 |
[01:41] | Well, I’d hope you wouldn’t punch me in the face either way. | 我希望不管我买不买 你都别揍我 |
[01:44] | – Listen, I gotta go. – Oh, OK, but wait, wait, | -我得挂了 -好吧 不过等下 |
[01:46] | – I have a Brianna question. – Oh, that’s right. | -我要问个关于布丽安娜的问题 -对哦 |
[01:49] | When’s your meeting with her? | 你什么时候和她见面 |
[01:50] | Uh, tomorrow. I’ve gotta have the perfect gift. | 明天 我得带个像样的礼物 |
[01:53] | The only gift I ever gave her | 我送给她的所有礼物中 |
[01:54] | that she liked was a Volkswagen Jetta. | 她唯一喜欢的就是辆大众捷达车 |
[01:57] | No, I’m thinking more along | 不 我暂时考虑的是 |
[01:58] | the lines of a dime bag or cheeses of the world. | 大麻或者最好吃的奶酪这种 |
[02:00] | Just present your case. No theatrics. Just the facts. | 你就直接陈述 别玩花的 摆事实 |
[02:04] | Oh, I’m gonna fact her brains out. | 我会用事实虐死她的脑细胞的 |
[02:06] | I have a whole presentation I’ve been working on. | 我一直在准备一套完整的演讲 |
[02:08] | She’s gonna forget she ever heard of palm oil | 她会忘记她听说过棕榈油 |
[02:10] | and she’s gonna remember how much she loves me. | 而且她会想起她有多爱我 |
[02:12] | Yeah, well, I hope she does. | 好吧 希望如此 |
[02:15] | Listen, I’m, uh, I’m in front of Mallory’s now. | 听着 我到玛洛丽家门口了 |
[02:17] | I gotta go. | 我先挂了 |
[02:18] | OK, bye. Oh, don’t forget my Del Taco on the way ho– | 好的 拜拜 别忘了回来带卷饼 |
[02:52] | I was starting to think you weren’t gonna show up again. | 我都开始怀疑你又不会出现了 |
[02:55] | Oh, I try not to make the same mistake twice. | 同样的错误我努力不犯两次 |
[03:04] | Poor Augie. I think he hates exercise more than I do. | 可怜的奥吉 估计它比我还讨厌运动 |
[03:08] | Oh, we can make it home. Really. | 我们可以回家再喝的 真的 |
[03:10] | Oh, no. I shall not be responsible for the dehydration | 别 如果全美国最友善的狗狗脱水了 |
[03:14] | of the friendliest dog in America. | 我可担待不起 |
[03:16] | Is tap OK? | 水龙头可以吗 |
[03:18] | Toilets are OK. | 厕所就行 |
[03:20] | Robert! | 罗伯特 |
[03:22] | Oh, dear God, no. | 天啊 可别 |
[03:24] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[03:29] | What is going on? | 什么情况 |
[03:30] | You seem to have mistaken once again | 你似乎又一次把紧闭的门 |
[03:33] | a closed door as an invitation to enter this house. | 错当作是进入这套房子的邀请 |
[03:36] | Why was it closed? | 门为什么会被关闭上 |
[03:37] | Well, we’d have to go back in time | 那我们得穿越到 |
[03:39] | to the invention of structures with doors around 800 B.C. | 门被发明出来的那时候 大约公元前800年左右吧 |
[03:43] | Something about avoiding plague. | 是为了躲避瘟疫什么的 |
[03:45] | Speaking of which, why are you here? | 说到瘟疫 你来这儿干什么 |
[03:47] | Uh-uh, why is he here? | 他为什么在这儿 |
[03:50] | Do you know he’s still married? | 你知道他还处于已婚状态吗 |
[03:52] | – I do, actually. – I am not talking to you! | -事实上我知道 -我没跟你说话 |
[03:55] | Sol, my friend is here to give his dog, Augie, full name: | 索尔 我朋友来这里是为了让他的狗奥吉 |
[03:59] | Augie-Augie-Oxen-Free, | 全名奥吉-奥吉-奥科森-弗里 |
[04:00] | a drink of water and that is all. | 喝点水 仅此而已 |
[04:03] | Is he a new friend? | 他是新朋友吗 |
[04:04] | He is a none-of-your business-friend. | 他是不是我朋友跟你没关系 |
[04:06] | You think I don’t know what goes on at that dog park? | 你以为我不知道你们在狗狗公园的事吗 |
[04:10] | – Have you been stalking me? – No! | -你一直在跟踪我吗 -没有 |
[04:11] | Then how did you know I was at the dog park? | 那你怎么知道我去过狗狗公园呢 |
[04:13] | Because I was driving past the dog park | 因为我在开车路过这栋房子的途中 |
[04:16] | en route to driving past this house, | 开车路过了那个公园 |
[04:19] | which I do on a regular basis because of traffic. | 因为交通拥堵 我经常如此 |
[04:25] | I can see how you’re both looking at me. | 我看得出你们两个看我的眼神 |
[04:28] | – You, too! – Don’t yell at Augie. | -你也是 -别吼奥吉 |
[04:30] | I’m not yelling at Augie! | 我没吼奥吉 |
[04:31] | This is, uh, where I say, “I should go.” | 我觉得我该说一句 “我该走了” |
[04:34] | No, no. Sol should go before he embarrasses himself any further. | 不 是索尔该走了 省得他更加出丑 |
[04:39] | I am not embarrassed about any of this. | 我并没有因为这一切而出丑 |
[04:43] | I walk into places all the time like this. | 我一直就这样走进各种地方 |
[04:46] | And I leave like this, too. | 我离开的时候也这样 |
[04:52] | Not embarrassed! | 一点都不出丑 |
[05:03] | I am so sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[05:06] | Oh, it’s OK. | 没关系 |
[05:08] | I mean… you told him Augie’s full name | 我是说 虽然你告诉他奥吉的全名 |
[05:12] | and totally neglected to mention mine, but– | 完全忽视了我的名字 但是 |
[05:15] | He’s a crazy person. | 他是个疯子 |
[05:17] | I didn’t want to introduce you to a crazy person. | 我不想把你介绍给一个疯子 |
[05:20] | Well, I didn’t see a crazy person. | 我看到的不是一个疯子 |
[05:22] | What did you see? | 那你看到了什么 |
[05:25] | I saw a man in love… who seems tortured. | 我看到的是一个陷入爱情的男人 似乎备受煎熬 |
[05:39] | This is a-a really nice room. | 这房间真的很不错 |
[05:42] | That’s right. You haven’t seen it before. | 没错 你之前没见过 |
[05:45] | Full confession: I used my AARP discount. | 我坦白 我用了退休人员协会卡折扣 |
[05:48] | I’m too embarrassed to use mine. | 我的没用过 不好意思用 |
[05:50] | Oh, there’s a whole section in the magazine | 杂志里有一整章内容 |
[05:52] | on how to deal with that. | 教你怎么处理这种情况 |
[05:55] | – May I help you? – Oh, yeah. | -我来帮你吧 -好 |
[05:58] | I think if we just free one of these up… | 恐怕得先从一条胳膊上脱下来… |
[06:02] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[06:06] | The last time I was here I ordered champagne | 上一次在这里时 我点了一瓶香槟 |
[06:09] | and ended up drinking it all by myself. | 然后一个人喝光了 |
[06:12] | Well, you won’t have to do it this time. | 这次不会了 |
[06:49] | I made the wrapping paper. | 包装纸是我亲手做的 |
[06:52] | I would never have not thought that. | 我当然猜到啦 |
[06:54] | Is something going to explode in my face? | 里面会有东西炸飞我的脸吗 |
[06:57] | Only love, laughter and positive feelings. | 只有爱 笑声和正能量 |
[07:00] | All the things you treasure about me. | 我身上你所看重的那些特点 |
[07:03] | Like how I’ve always been there for you. | 比如我一直在你身边支持你 |
[07:05] | Remember when your mother found your birth control | 记得你妈妈发现你在避孕的时候 |
[07:07] | and I pretended it was mine? | 我假装那是我的药 |
[07:10] | And I still got grounded | 但我还是被禁足了 |
[07:11] | because everyone knew you were post-menopausal, | 因为大家都知道你已经绝经了 |
[07:13] | because you kept telling us you were post-menopausal. | 因为你不断告诉我们 你早就绝经了 |
[07:15] | But the effort. That’s what moved you so. | 但我努力了 那才是感人之处 |
[07:25] | I’m not sure where it starts and… where it ends. | 我不确定这哪边是头 哪边是尾 |
[07:31] | – This is a… – A poncho. | -这是个… -披风 |
[07:33] | – Poncho. – Or a Christmas tree skirt, | -披风 -也可以是圣诞树裙 |
[07:35] | – if that’s what you see. – I don’t see. | -如果你这么看也行 -我没看出来 |
[07:37] | I would’ve brought one for everybody | 我也想给公司里每个人都带一条来 |
[07:38] | but it took me three years to knit. | 要这条花了我3年时间才完工 |
[07:41] | Plus, I thought it would be just the two of us this morning. | 另外 我以为今天早上就我们两个人 |
[07:44] | I asked Stephen and Erica | 是我叫斯蒂文和艾丽卡过来 |
[07:46] | to join me as protection and/or witnesses. | 做我的守护神/目击证人 |
[07:49] | And/or also best friends. | 他们也是最好的朋友 |
[07:51] | – Best friend Stephen, the lights? – No, the– | -最好的朋友斯蒂文 关下灯 -不 |
[07:54] | Oh, I don’t think I know where the light switch is. | 我不知道开关在哪儿 |
[07:56] | Yeah, Stephen doesn’t know stuff. | 是啊 斯蒂文什么都不知道 |
[07:58] | And let’s just leave the lights on. | 灯就这么开着吧 |
[07:59] | Oh, I have a-an audio/visual experience prepared. | 我准备了一个音频/视频体验 |
[08:03] | And I think we can maybe | 我觉得我们可以 |
[08:05] | just talk through your experience with words. | 口头描述讨论一下你的体验就行了 |
[08:08] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[08:12] | The word is yeast. | 关键词是酵母菌 |
[08:18] | I’ve done some research, | 我做了些研究 |
[08:20] | and I’ve found that scientists at the University of Bath believe | 我发现巴斯大学的科学家们认为 |
[08:23] | yeast will duplicate palm oil’s key properties almost exactly. | 酵母菌几乎可以完全复制棕榈油的主要特性 |
[08:29] | Women spend a lot of time keeping yeast out of their vaginas. | 女性花了很长时间来消灭阴道的真菌 |
[08:34] | I don’t think we can convince them to put it back in. | 我觉得我们说服不了她们再放回真菌 |
[08:36] | I thought you might say that. | 我就知道你可能会这么说 |
[08:39] | So I did a little more research. | 所以我还做了点别的研究 |
[08:41] | What about jojoba oil? Or rapeseed? | 荷荷巴油怎么样 或者菜籽油 |
[08:44] | Rapeseed? Women also spend a lot of time | 菜籽油[强奸] 女性也花了很长时间 |
[08:47] | keeping rape out of their vaginas. | 来防止被强奸 |
[08:49] | Thinking you might say that, | 就知道你可能会这么说 |
[08:51] | I did a little more research, | 我又做了点别的研究 |
[08:53] | and I found the undeniable genius… of coconut oil. | 我发现了椰子油无可争议的天赋 |
[08:59] | Uh, we looked into coconut oil. | 我们研究过椰子油 |
[09:01] | At length. But palm oil has it beat. | 详细研究过 但是棕榈油完胜 |
[09:04] | It doesn’t require hydrogenation. | 它不需要氢化作用 |
[09:06] | – It comes with its own antioxidants. – It inhibits cancer growth. | -自带抗氧化剂 -抑制肿瘤恶化 |
[09:08] | It has amazing mouthfeel. | 口感绝佳 |
[09:10] | And it doesn’t affect taste or smell. Coconut oil does. | 不影响味道或者气味 椰子油就会影响到 |
[09:13] | So does rapeseed. | 菜籽油也会 |
[09:14] | – But if I– – Frankie, | -但如果我 -弗兰琦 |
[09:16] | I appreciate your research and you using your words, | 我欣赏你的研究和你的表达 |
[09:20] | but at this point swapping out palm oil would cost us a fortune | 但是此时此刻更换棕榈油会造成大额损失 |
[09:24] | and we’re not gonna do it. | 我们不会那样做的 |
[09:27] | Then I want my lube back. | 那把我的润滑剂还我 |
[09:32] | But we have a contract. | 但是我们签过合同了 |
[09:36] | What’s in there? Is it a monkey? | 里面是什么 猴子吗 |
[09:38] | – What– – Oh, you mean this? | -什么 -你是说这个吗 |
[09:40] | I was just about to rip this mo-fo up. | 我刚准备把这混账玩意儿撕了 |
[09:49] | I would have pre-torn it if | 如果我早知道情况会急转直下 |
[09:51] | I’d known things would take such a dark turn. | 我会提前撕了它的 |
[09:56] | It’s still a contract even if you tear it up. | 就算你撕了它 它依然是有效合同 |
[10:02] | Still a contract. | 合同仍然有效 |
[10:04] | So you’re strong. | 你很强壮嘛 |
[10:08] | This hotel room did not let us down. | 这酒店房间没让我们失望 |
[10:12] | It certainly did not. | 当然没有 |
[10:13] | Can we never leave? | 我们能永远待在这里吗 |
[10:15] | I’m pretty sure they have a system in place | 我敢确定这地方有一套制度 |
[10:18] | that will bring us food. | 会给我们送吃的 |
[10:21] | – Room service. – I forgot what it’s called. | -客房服务 -我忘了这制度叫什么了 |
[10:25] | I… I put the menu thing on the door last night. | 我昨晚把菜单放门口了 |
[10:30] | I was starving. | 我都饿死了 |
[10:34] | – Room service. – Coming. | -客房服务 -来了 |
[10:37] | Good morning. Where can I set you up? | 早上好 请问在哪里用餐 |
[10:42] | Uh, well, wherever you like. | 随便哪里都行 |
[10:43] | Well, I recommend setting up a small dining nook right about here. | 我推荐在这里设立一个小的用餐角落 |
[10:47] | The breakfast train is rolling into the station and… | 早餐火车正在进站… |
[10:50] | flaps up. | 展开停靠 |
[10:51] | Let’s see what we have. | 看看有什么 |
[10:53] | Smells delicious. | 好香啊 |
[10:55] | Ooh, we have… | 有… |
[10:58] | the oatmeal with fresh fruit on the side, | 燕麦粥 旁边有新鲜水果 |
[11:02] | and brown sugar on the side, | 旁边有黄糖 |
[11:04] | and milk on the side, and cream on the side. | 旁边有牛奶 旁边有奶油 |
[11:07] | We also have a fan favorite, | 我们还有粉丝最爱的 |
[11:10] | the South-by-Southwest scramble with bacon. | 西南偏南牛奶炒蛋配培根 |
[11:14] | OK. | 好了 |
[11:15] | Wait a second. Have you found your nut compartment? | 等等 您有看到您的坚果车厢吗 |
[11:18] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[11:19] | The nut compartment. | 坚果车厢 |
[11:21] | Right here in your fridge is your nut compartment, | 坚果车厢就在您的冰箱里 |
[11:25] | where your assorted nuts are kept at a nut-friendly 45 degrees. | 各种分类好的坚果储存在45度适宜环境内 |
[11:30] | Uh, uh, Kyle? | 卡尔 |
[11:31] | I’m sort of paying for my friend’s services by the hour, | 我正在按小时付我这位朋友服务费 |
[11:33] | so can we just kind of wrap it up? | 所以可以赶紧说完吗 |
[11:35] | OK, all right. Um, well, please enjoy your breakfast. | 好吧 您好好享用早餐吧 |
[11:38] | And your friend. | 还有您的”朋友” |
[11:39] | All right. Well, if you need anything… | 好吧 如果您还需要什么 |
[11:44] | don’t hesitate to call, because Kyle cares. | 随时给我打电话 因为卡尔很关心 |
[11:47] | – Good day. -Good day. | -再见 -再见 |
[11:49] | – Bye. Thanks. – Bye-bye. | -再见 谢谢 -再见 |
[11:52] | Eat up, I intend to get my money’s worth. | 吃光 我要吃回本 |
[11:54] | Yes, ma’am. I intend to give you your money’s worth. | 好的 女士 我要让你吃回本 |
[12:07] | Ooh, collage. Can I help? | 拼贴画 需要我帮忙吗 |
[12:09] | Do you see glue? | 你有看到胶水吗 |
[12:10] | Do you see interesting photos cut into fascinating shapes? | 你有看到剪成超美形状的有趣的照片 |
[12:13] | Am I wearing my smock that says “Collage Barrage”? | 我穿的是那件印着”拼贴画不停”的罩衫吗 |
[12:16] | No. | 不是 |
[12:17] | Then how is this collage? | 那这幅拼贴画怎么样 |
[12:19] | This is your contract for the lube. | 那是你的润滑剂合同 |
[12:21] | – Yes, yes. And where is the loophole? – What loophole? | -没错没错 漏洞在哪儿呢 -什么漏洞 |
[12:24] | The loophole you put in in case things went south | 你写进合同里的漏洞 以防情况恶化 |
[12:27] | and I ever had to get my lube back. | 我可以把我的润滑剂要回来 |
[12:29] | Ah, the one that you said you didn’t need | 就是你说你不需要的那条吗 |
[12:31] | because you’re one-sixteenth Chippewa | 因为你有1/16的齐佩瓦族人血统 |
[12:33] | and your word is your bond? | 你说话算话 |
[12:34] | Yes, but you know not to listen to me | 没错 但是你知道不能听我的 |
[12:36] | and so you put one in anyway. | 所以还是写进去了 |
[12:37] | Right. That one. That’s not in there. | 没错 那一条 没有写 |
[12:40] | Bud, you know you have to protect me from myself. | 巴德 你知道你得防着我伤害自己 |
[12:43] | Yeah, but that’s usually at a buffet. | 是啊 不过那一般是在自助餐厅里 |
[12:44] | Oh, God. Maybe I should collage. | 天呐 也许我就该做拼贴画 |
[12:47] | Mom, let’s just go talk to Brianna | 妈 我们去找布丽安娜谈一谈 |
[12:50] | and see if she’ll take out the palm oil. | 看看她愿不愿意减去配方中的棕榈油 |
[12:52] | I tried it. She won’t budge | 我试过了 她不同意 |
[12:53] | and now I’ve got to take my lube back from her. | 所以我要把我的润滑剂夺回来 |
[12:56] | It cannot go out into the world with palm oil in it. | 我的润滑剂上市的时候不能含有棕榈油 |
[12:59] | It just can’t. | 就是不行 |
[13:00] | I know, and I know you’re upset, but we made a deal. | 我知道 我也知道你很难过 但是已经有合约了 |
[13:04] | We have to break it. | 那只能毁约了 |
[13:05] | – I don’t think we can. – We have to. There has to be a way. | -恐怕不行 -必须行 一定有办法的 |
[13:08] | OK. OK. We can look, but… | 好吧好吧 可以找找 但是… |
[13:13] | You know who’s good at finding loopholes where there aren’t any? | 你知道谁擅长鸡蛋里挑骨头 找合同漏洞吗 |
[13:16] | Atticus Finch? | 阿提克斯·芬奇 |
[13:16] | 《杀死一只知更鸟》中 致力于种族平等的律师 | |
[13:18] | And? | 以及呢 |
[13:21] | I hope Brianna doesn’t kill us. | 我希望布丽安娜不会杀死我们 |
[13:23] | Oh, nonsense, she loves when I come by. | 瞎说 她喜欢我过来 |
[13:25] | And this will be our last time, because after this, | 这是最后一次 因为今天过后 |
[13:28] | I’ll get my lube back and we’ll be all done. | 我要把我的润滑剂拿回来 然后我们就两清了 |
[13:31] | So how we gonna do this? | 那我们要怎么做 |
[13:32] | You introduce us, I introduce Dad, | 你介绍我们 我介绍老爸 |
[13:34] | Dad outlines our position, | 然后老爸再说明我们的立场 |
[13:35] | the three of us do something fun. Bumper cars? Maybe. | 然后我们仨一起出去玩 碰碰车怎么样 |
[13:38] | Sound good? Dad? | 怎么样 老爸 |
[13:40] | Yes. I’m sorry. | 不错 抱歉 |
[13:42] | I yelled at a Golden Retriever yesterday | 我昨天吼了一只金毛 |
[13:44] | and I’m still a little torn up about it. | 现在还有点难过 |
[13:47] | Why would you yell at a Golden Retriever? | 你为什么要吼金毛啊 |
[13:49] | They’re like living hugs. | 它们简直就是行走的抱抱啊 |
[13:51] | I know, but this one was meddling in my affairs. | 我知道 但是那一只在掺和我的事情 |
[13:54] | Shake it off! What’s our plan? | 甩开吧 我们的计划是什么 |
[13:56] | Well, our plan is very simple: | 我们的计划很简单 |
[13:59] | There’s language in section six, paragraph J, clause B, | 第六章J段条款B里有一些用语 |
[14:03] | on which a case can be made that the reversion of rights– | 可以让我们起诉恢复… |
[14:07] | – Cut to the chase, Sol. – There’s a loophole. | -直说吧 索尔 -确实有漏洞 |
[14:10] | Keep ’em closed until we’re inside. | 闭着眼睛 直到我们进来 |
[14:15] | Keep ’em closed forever. | 永远闭着眼睛 |
[14:21] | – Robert. – Hello, everyone. | -罗伯特 -大家好 |
[14:24] | I take it you weren’t expecting them. | 我就当你不知道他们会来吧 |
[14:26] | I was not because they don’t have an appointment. | 我真的不知道 因为他们没预约 |
[14:28] | Oh, we have a standing appointment… with justice. | 我们预约了…正义 |
[14:31] | I guess barging in through closed doors is a family tradition. | 我猜闯门而入是个家族传统吧 |
[14:35] | I just came to look at the new offices, | 我就是来看看新办公室 |
[14:37] | which are beautiful. Goodbye. | 很漂亮 再见 |
[14:39] | No, Daddy. Daddy, no, no. | 别走 老爸 老爸 别走 |
[14:42] | Why are you here? | 你们来这里干什么 |
[14:44] | We just want to go over something in the contract. | 我们想来探讨下合同里的一些条款 |
[14:46] | Oh, Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 |
[14:47] | And I’m hopped up on ginkgo biloba and ready to rumble. | 我已经摩拳擦掌 迫不及待进攻了 |
[14:51] | OK. Well, I will need my in-house counsel here for that. Adam! | 好吧 我得把我的法务找来 亚当 |
[14:57] | Sorry, I was just– Yay, Frankie’s back! | 抱歉 我刚刚在….好棒 弗兰琦又来了 |
[14:59] | I mean, boo, Frankie’s back. | 我是说 糟糕 弗兰琦又来了 |
[15:01] | Get Karen in here ASAP. | 让凯伦尽快过来 |
[15:02] | Uh, Karen had her baby yesterday. | 凯伦昨天刚生了小孩 |
[15:04] | Karen’s always having her baby yesterday. | 凯伦老是昨天生孩子 |
[15:06] | Is Stephen still here? Or Erica? | 斯蒂文还在这里吗 艾丽卡呢 |
[15:08] | Uh, Stephen had to leave early for his daughter’s piano recital | 斯蒂文提前下班去参加他女儿的钢琴独奏会了 |
[15:10] | and I don’t know why Erica’s not here. | 我不知道艾丽卡为什么不在 |
[15:12] | Great. I’m glad everyone has such rich personal lives. | 好极了 大家私生活这么丰富 我很欣慰 |
[15:14] | OK, so I’ll just– | 好吧 所以我… |
[15:15] | I’ll just grab a magazine and wait for you in the lobby. | 我随便拿本杂志 在大厅等你吧 |
[15:18] | OK. I’m waiting. | 好吧 我等着呢 |
[15:20] | OK. Well, we believe there’s language in section six, paragraph J, | 好吧 我们认为第六章J段 |
[15:25] | clause B, on which a case | 条款B有一些用语 |
[15:28] | could be made that the reversion of rights– | 我们可以起诉恢复… |
[15:32] | Excuse me? | 你搞什么 |
[15:34] | I think I’ll stay. | 我还是待在这儿吧 |
[15:39] | My daddy thinks he’ll stay. | 我老爸要待在这儿 |
[15:45] | What are we gonna do today besides eat? | 除了吃 我们今天要做什么呢 |
[15:48] | And, uh… | 还有… |
[15:51] | You know. | 你懂的 |
[15:52] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[15:55] | We have the whole day together. | 我们可以待在一起一整天 |
[15:56] | We’ve never had that. We can do anything we want. | 从来没有过呢 我们要做什么都可以 |
[16:00] | Name it. | 你说吧 |
[16:01] | Well, we could– we could go to Balboa Park. | 我们可以 可以去巴尔波亚公园 |
[16:03] | – Sure. – And walk in the botanical gardens. | -好啊 -然后去植物园 |
[16:05] | – Sure. – Or go to the, uh, art museum. | -好啊 -或者去美术馆 |
[16:09] | I don’t care what we do as long as we can do it together. | 只要我们一起 做什么都无所谓 |
[16:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[16:26] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[16:28] | Where is she now? | 她现在在哪儿 |
[16:31] | Ah, shit. | 该死 |
[16:34] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上到 |
[16:37] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[16:38] | Elaine ran out of the house, | 伊琳从家里跑了出去 |
[16:42] | and the dog ran after her. | 狗也追了出去 |
[16:43] | They can’t find either of them. | 现在人和狗都找不到 |
[16:46] | That was her aide. | 她离不开那狗 |
[16:48] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[16:50] | I’ve gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[16:52] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:53] | You don’t have to apologize. Do you want me to come with you? | 你没必要道歉 要我陪你去吗 |
[16:56] | What? | 什么 |
[16:57] | Well, I just meant… | 我的意思是… |
[16:59] | I don’t know what I meant. | 我不知道我是什么意思 |
[17:02] | I’ll call you. | 我会给你打电话的 |
[17:18] | Oh. Phil! | 菲尔 |
[17:21] | Phil? Phil! | 菲尔 菲尔 |
[17:26] | Oh. Damn it. | 该死 |
[17:31] | I think we might be able to resolve this. | 也许我们可以解决这个问题 |
[17:34] | You also thought it would be fun | 你还觉得你生日的时候 |
[17:35] | to go on a hayride for your birthday. | 坐干草车夜游很好玩呢 |
[17:37] | It was fun. I was right. I regret nothing. | 确实很好玩啊 我没错啊 毫不后悔 |
[17:41] | I’m done. | 我看完了 |
[17:44] | And? | 然后呢 |
[17:45] | I can see where they think they have a case. | 我知道他们觉得哪里可以起诉了 |
[17:48] | A case for what? Deporting natural-born citizens? | 起诉什么 驱逐本国出生的公民出境吗 |
[17:51] | There’s a slim chance | 如果最后真的闹上了法庭 |
[17:52] | they could make trouble if this ends up in court. | 他们是有可能搞出点麻烦来的 |
[17:55] | We do have the option of letting the courts decide. | 我们确实可以选择让法庭裁决 |
[17:59] | Is that a threat? | 你是在威胁吗 |
[18:00] | – No, it’s an attempt at mediation. – Mediation? | -不是 我在试图调解 -调解 |
[18:04] | You barged in here through closed doors | 你闯门而入 |
[18:06] | to threaten people trying to go about their business. | 来威胁人家做生意吗 |
[18:08] | Well, we’re being shut out of something we built together | 我们被关在共同创建的东西之外 |
[18:12] | so we have no choice but to barge in. | 所以我们别无选择 只能闯进来 |
[18:15] | Exactly. Yes. The lube. Yes. | 没错没错 润滑剂 对 |
[18:17] | But if you barge in, | 但如果你闯进来 |
[18:19] | you force the other party to talk before they might be ready. | 你就是在逼迫对方在准备好之前开始谈判 |
[18:22] | That’s because we’ve been given no indication | 那是因为对方没有给我们任何指示 |
[18:24] | of when the other party might possibly be ready. | 说明他们何时可能准备好 |
[18:27] | Sometimes you don’t get to control when the other party is ready. | 有时候你不能控制对方何时准备好 |
[18:31] | Well, sometimes the other party is just a big, stupid man-baby! | 有时候另一方只是一个愚蠢的老小孩 |
[18:45] | I did not come here to be insulted by you. | 我不是来这里被你羞辱的 |
[18:47] | Look, I think we can agree | 我觉得我们都同意 |
[18:49] | that they are no longer talking about the lube. | 他们不是在说润滑剂的事了 |
[18:51] | But I think we can also agree that my side is winning. | 但我觉得我们还可以同意 我这边要赢了 |
[18:54] | But we have a contract, which I can’t believe | 但是我们有合同 我简直难以相信 |
[18:57] | I have to keep on explaining to a lawyer | 我得向一名律师 |
[18:59] | and the mother and ex-wife of a lawyer. | 以及律师的母亲和前妻不断解释 |
[19:01] | That sounds like she gave birth to me and then married me. | 那听着像是她生了我又嫁给了我 |
[19:03] | Oh, didn’t she? | 不是这样吗 |
[19:05] | We may have a contract, but it’s flimsy. | 我们也许是有份合同 但是这合同很薄弱 |
[19:07] | Flimsy like your contract. | 跟你的合同一样薄弱 |
[19:09] | Oh, my contract is ironclad. | 我的合同无懈可击 |
[19:13] | – Flimsy. -Ironclad. | -很薄弱 -无懈可击 |
[19:14] | – Flimsy. – Ironclad. | -很薄弱 -无懈可击 |
[19:16] | – Flimsy. – It’s clad in iron. | -很薄弱 -无懈可击 |
[19:17] | – It’s flimsy. – Ironclad. Ironclad. Ironclad. | -很薄弱 -无懈可击 无懈可击 无懈可击 |
[19:20] | I can do this all day. | 我可以跟你吵上一整天 |
[19:21] | I have done this all day. Flimsy! | 我已经这样一整天了 很薄弱 |
[19:26] | – Home. – Home. | -到家了 -到家了 |
[19:46] | Were you out looking, too? | 你也去找了吗 |
[19:49] | No. | 没有 |
[19:51] | What happened exactly? She ran out of the house? | 到底是怎么回事 她从家里跑了出去吗 |
[19:54] | Yeah. This happens sometimes when Phil’s gone. | 是啊 菲尔不在的时候偶尔会这样 |
[19:56] | She goes looking for him. | 她会出去找他 |
[19:59] | They found her at a neighbor’s house, | 他们在一个邻居家找到了她 |
[20:00] | but she wouldn’t leave until Phil came to get her. | 但菲尔不来接她 她就不肯走 |
[20:02] | – We’re still looking for their dog. – Oh, God. | -我们还在找她的狗 -天呐 |
[20:05] | I know. Poor Phil. I feel bad for him. | 我懂的 可怜的菲尔 我很同情他 |
[20:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:10] | Uh, would you please give this to him? | 你能把这个给他吗 |
[20:12] | I don’t want to bother them, but I– | 我不想打扰他们 但是我… |
[20:16] | No. OK. | 不行 好吧 |
[20:22] | Shoot it! | 该死 |
[20:28] | OK, good dog. Here you go. | 好狗狗 让开吧 |
[20:32] | Come on, dummy. | 来吧 小笨蛋 |
[20:36] | Do you know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[20:38] | Yes. | 认识 |
[20:39] | I found your dog. Or your dog found me. | 我找到了你们的狗 或者说是它找到了我 |
[20:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:44] | It’s OK. This is Mickey. | 没事 这是米奇 |
[20:47] | – He lives with us. – I can’t walk him. | -它跟我们在一起生活 -我没办法遛它 |
[20:49] | That’s OK. I’ll walk him. | 没关系 我会遛它的 |
[20:54] | Can you sit with me? Do you sing? | 你能跟我坐一会儿吗 你会唱歌吗 |
[20:58] | No, I’m sorry. | 不会 抱歉 |
[20:59] | Nobody wants to hear me sing. | 没人想听我唱歌的 |
[21:00] | Oh, I like to go caroling. Pretty lights. | 我喜欢唱圣诞颂歌 灯光好美 |
[21:04] | Do you think we’re gonna have a white Christmas? | 你觉得今年圣诞节会下雪吗 |
[21:09] | I think I’d– I’d better get going. | 我觉得我还是…走吧 |
[21:11] | Oh, no. Please stay. You have such a nice smile. | 别走 请留下吧 你的笑好美 |
[21:17] | Thank you. But I– I really should– | 谢谢 但是我…我真的该 |
[21:20] | – Stay. – Don’t go. Stay. | -留下吧 -别走了 留下吧 |
[21:24] | Well, maybe for a little bit. | 那就待一会儿吧 |
[21:35] | I think it was FDR who said it best– | 我觉得FDR说得特别好 |
[21:38] | Don’t start misquoting Franklin Delano Roosevelt to me! | 别乱引用富兰克林·德兰诺·罗斯福的话 |
[21:43] | Well, excuse me. What are you, a prognosticator? | 拜托 你是什么 预言家吗 |
[21:45] | What are they saying? | 他们在说什么 |
[21:47] | I lost the thread. | 我已经听不懂了 |
[21:49] | Something about Franklin Roosevelt’s third inaugural address. | 大概是有关富兰克林·罗斯福的第三次就职演讲吧 |
[21:52] | I should have taken that job in Hong Kong after college. | 我毕业完就该去香港工作 |
[21:55] | There’s a 15-hour time difference. | 15小时的时差 |
[21:56] | I wouldn’t have to talk to any of you people. | 那样我就没必要跟你们任何一个人说话了 |
[21:58] | You’d be tiny pictures in my Facebook feed | 你们会成为我Facebook上一张小小的头像 |
[22:00] | I’d rarely look at and eventually block. | 我只会偶尔看看 最后屏蔽掉 |
[22:03] | Can we just go back to our corners and do the “Re’s”: | 我们可以回到小角落去 然后一起重来吗 |
[22:07] | regroup, rethink and remember that we love each other? | 重组 重想 重新想起我们彼此相爱吗 |
[22:10] | – Well, I hate you both. – Oh, this is so silly. | -但我讨厌你们母子 -真是够傻的 |
[22:13] | Why are we even still talking about this? | 我们为什么还要谈啊 |
[22:16] | Let’s just let the courts decide. | 直接让法院裁决吧 |
[22:20] | If you take me to court, the only thing that will be decided | 如果你非要跟我上法庭 那唯一能裁决的就是 |
[22:22] | – is we’re no longer friends. – Because we’ll always be family? | -我们再也不是朋友了 -因为我们永远是家人吗 |
[22:24] | No, I’m serious. | 不 我说真的 |
[22:25] | All of this nonsense is now putting my company | 你们这样胡闹正在让我的公司 |
[22:27] | and my employees in jeopardy. | 和我的员工陷入险境 |
[22:29] | This isn’t going to be something | 像这种情况 不是什么 |
[22:30] | that we’ll all solve with a healing circle. | 利用治愈圈就可以解决的 |
[22:33] | Which is exactly what I’ve been trying to say | 那正是我一直想说的 |
[22:35] | and why I brought up FDR in the first place! | 也是我最开始提到FDR的原因 |
[22:39] | Stop, just stop. This is exhausting. | 住嘴 求你住嘴 真是太累人了 |
[22:43] | We’re going back and forth and getting nowhere. | 我们在不断地重复 毫无结果 |
[22:47] | Once we finally climb out of this FDR hole, | 一旦我们终于不再提FDR了 |
[22:50] | you’re going to say again that | 你就会再说 |
[22:51] | I shouldn’t have done what I did with Frankie. | 我不该跟弗兰琦做那件事 |
[22:54] | And I’m going to remind you again that it was an ending. | 然后我就得再提醒你 那是一个结束 |
[22:56] | And then you’re going to remind me again | 然后你就会再次提醒我 |
[22:58] | that it was the one thing you can’t get over. | 那是你内心唯一一件无法放下的事 |
[23:01] | So I’m gonna bring up Jeff | 所以我就会提杰夫 |
[23:02] | and you’re gonna say it’s not analogous | 然后你就会说那不具备可比性 |
[23:04] | and somehow, we’re gonna end up back on FDR! | 最后 我们又会回到FDR上来 |
[23:11] | We are going in circles, aren’t we? | 我们的确一直在绕圈圈 对吧 |
[23:13] | Robert… there’s only so much time we have left. | 罗伯特 我们就只剩这么点时间了 |
[23:20] | And we’ve already wasted so much of it. | 但我们已经浪费了这么多 |
[23:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[23:25] | You’re mad. And lonely. | 你很生气 而且孤单 |
[23:31] | Wouldn’t you rather be mad and not lonely? | 你难道不想生气但是不孤单吗 |
[23:36] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[23:37] | So what’s holding you back? | 那你在犹豫什么 |
[23:41] | What if we’re being punished? | 如果这是我们在受惩罚呢 |
[23:45] | I mean, what if we’ll never be able to be happy | 我是说 如果我们永远不可能幸福 |
[23:49] | because our entire relationship | 因为我们的关系 |
[23:50] | was based on lies and betrayals so awful | 建立在非常糟糕的谎言和背叛上 |
[23:54] | that karmically we’re doomed? | 所以我们注定要遭报应呢 |
[23:58] | You’re more Jewish than I am. | 你比我还像个犹太人 |
[24:00] | Well, we Catholics know our way around guilt, too. | 我们天主教徒也很清楚罪行什么的 |
[24:05] | I’d like to think we’re not being punished for loving each other. | 我宁愿相信我们不会因为彼此相爱而遭惩罚 |
[24:10] | I’d like to think so, too. | 我也希望如此 |
[24:18] | So what do we do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[24:19] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:22] | All I know is I don’t want to be mad anymore. | 我只知道我再也不想生气了 |
[24:26] | Then maybe don’t be. | 那就别生气了 |
[24:46] | – All I’m saying is you’re kind of overreacting. – Bud. | -我的意思是 你有点反应过激了 -巴德 |
[24:48] | Get out of my way. I don’t wanna be out here anymore. | 走开 我再也不想待在这里了 |
[24:50] | – This is what you do. – What I do? | -你就是这样 -你有脸说我就是这样 |
[24:54] | Why don’t you grow up and | 你为什么不长大成熟一点 |
[24:55] | stop doing everything your mommy tells you to do? | 别再完全听你妈妈的指挥呢 |
[24:58] | I’m the one trying to keep it professional. | 我一直想把这事限定在公事的范围内 |
[25:00] | You’re the one made it personal. | 是你在搞私人恩怨 |
[25:01] | Aren’t you supposed to be a big, smart “Businesswoman”? | 你难道不该是个聪明厉害的女商人吗 |
[25:03] | Oh, right. Your mommy gave you this company. | 好吧 你老妈给了你这家公司 |
[25:06] | Oh, stop it. You’re being so mean to each other. | 住嘴 你们都太刻薄了 |
[25:10] | I hate this. You’re friends. We’re friends. | 我很讨厌这样 你们是朋友 我们是朋友 |
[25:13] | Maybe none of this is worth it. | 或许这样太不值得了 |
[25:15] | The whole point of my lube | 我的润滑剂的全部意义 |
[25:17] | was to have less friction in the world. | 就在于减少这个世界上的摩擦 |
[25:19] | And all it’s done is make more. | 结果制造了更多摩擦 |
[25:23] | You can do whatever you want with it. It’s yours. | 你要怎么处置都可以 那是你的 |
[25:27] | I’m sick of fighting. | 我受够争吵了 |
[25:31] | You’re not gonna come back | 你不会下周突然 |
[25:32] | next week with a family of orphaned orangutans? | 带着一家子猩猩孤儿过来吧 |
[25:35] | No. | 不会 |
[25:38] | – So we’re done here? – No. | -所以我们结束了吗 -没有 |
[25:40] | So close. | 就差那么一点了 |
[25:42] | I want my art off the box. | 我要求包装盒上撤掉我的画 |
[25:44] | What? But that was, like, the most important thing to you. | 什么 但那对你来说是最重要的啊 |
[25:47] | I can’t have my vagina associated with palm oil. | 我的阴道不能跟棕榈油有关系 |
[25:53] | Done. | 成交 |
[25:56] | So I can have my paintings back? | 所以我可以把我的画拿回来了吗 |
[25:58] | I will put them in your car myself. | 我会亲自放到你的车里 |
[26:00] | They might already be in your trunk. | 可能已经在你的后备箱里了 |
[26:04] | Now we’re done. | 现在彻底没事了 |
[26:08] | Am I the only one who needs a hug? | 只有我需要抱抱吗 |
[26:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:12] | Oh, Jesus, Bud. Read the room. | 天呐 巴德 看看这里什么情况吧 |
[26:22] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么名字来着 |
[26:24] | – I’m Grace. – Grace. | -我叫格蕾丝 -格蕾丝 |
[26:29] | I have lots of Christmas shopping to do. | 我要买很多东西准备过圣诞节 |
[26:32] | And I never know what to get my mother. | 但我永远不知道该给我母亲买什么 |
[26:35] | And I have to cook. | 我还得做饭 |
[26:37] | Honey, we should let Grace go now. | 亲爱的 我们该让格蕾丝走了 |
[26:41] | – It’s almost time for dinner. – Can I eat outside? | -快到晚餐时间了 -我可以在外面吃吗 |
[26:44] | Of course you can. | 当然了 |
[26:49] | What’s her name again? | 她叫什么来着 |
[26:51] | – Grace. – Grace. | -格蕾丝 -格蕾丝 |
[26:53] | That’s right. That’s me. I’m Grace. | 没错 就是我 我叫格蕾丝 |
[26:59] | You’re Grace. | 你是格蕾丝啊 |
[27:07] | It’s you. | 就是你啊 |
[27:14] | It’s always been you. | 一直都是你 |
[27:21] | I remember. | 我记起来了 |
[27:30] | Um, I have to go. | 我该走了 |
[27:34] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么来着 |
[27:39] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[27:42] | Grace. | 格蕾丝 |
[27:44] | Grace, wait. | 格蕾丝 等等 |
[27:46] | She saw me. | 她看到我了 |
[27:48] | She knew me. She knows about us. | 她知道我 知道我们的事情 |
[27:54] | – How could I have done this to her? – I’m sorry. | -我怎么能这样对她 -对不起 |
[27:59] | Sometimes she’s there for a second. | 有时候她会记得 |
[28:03] | It just makes everything worse. | 那只会让一切变得更糟 |
[28:06] | So much worse. | 糟糕多了 |
[28:08] | I feel sick. | 我觉得很恶心 |
[28:10] | You didn’t do anything to her. | 你没有对她做什么 |
[28:13] | I did. | 是我 |
[28:15] | Please don’t. | 别这样 |
[28:18] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[28:20] | I just can’t. | 我真的做不到 |
[28:56] | How were your grandkids? Did they cheer you up? | 你的孙子们怎么样了 他们让你开心了吗 |
[28:59] | – Grandkids? – Yeah. | -孙子们 -对啊 |
[29:03] | You know kids don’t cheer me up. | 孩子才不会让我开心 |
[29:06] | I’ll ignore that statement. | 我就假装没听到你这句话吧 |
[29:08] | And the fact that you forgot my burrito. | 还有你忘了帮我买玉米卷饼 |
[29:12] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:15] | It’s OK. I think I need pizza. | 没关系 我想吃披萨了 |
[29:19] | – You want in? – I’m not hungry. | -你要来点不 -我不饿 |
[29:26] | I’m not either. | 我也不饿 |
[29:30] | Well, maybe I’m a little hungry. | 也许我是有点饿了 |