时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:52] | Did anyone tell you Robert was gay? | 有谁跟你说过罗伯特是同性恋吗 |
[00:55] | Yes. Robert did. | 有啊 罗伯特 |
[00:57] | I believe you, Sol, and a seafood tower were there at the time. | 当时在场的有你 索尔和一座海鲜塔 |
[01:01] | No, I mean, before you got married. | 不 我是说你结婚前 |
[01:04] | Did anyone ever try to warn you? | 有谁试图提醒过你吗 |
[01:06] | No. Why? | 没 怎么了 |
[01:07] | Ah, I was just thinking | 我刚在想 |
[01:09] | about those three-quarter length pants he used to wear. | 他以前穿的那些七分裤 |
[01:12] | What would you call those? | 叫什么来着 |
[01:13] | Shants? Ports? | 短腿裤 腿短裤吗 |
[01:16] | – Clamdiggers. – Right. | -卡普里裤 -对 |
[01:18] | 另一层意思为 “喜欢女人下体的人” | |
[01:18] | Clamdiggers. | 卡普里裤 |
[01:20] | Ironic. | 真讽刺 |
[01:20] | Frankie, much as I enjoy your strolls down non-sequitur lane… | 弗兰琦 尽管我很喜欢你不停瞎猜 |
[01:24] | They are pretty scenic. | 很有舞台效果 |
[01:26] | Would you please stop decomposing over there | 你能别在那边腐烂分解 |
[01:28] | and come and help me? | 过来帮我吗 |
[01:29] | Wish I could. | 我想来的 |
[01:31] | But I’m in a vicious street brawl | 但我现在正和 |
[01:33] | with the universe at the moment. | 宇宙激战正酣呢 |
[01:36] | So’s your hair. | 你头发也是 |
[01:38] | No, seriously. | 不 我是认真的 |
[01:40] | She’s been sending me dreams and signs | 它最近一直给我传递梦境 征兆 |
[01:44] | and near-death experiences to get me to do something. | 还有濒死体验 让我去做事 |
[01:46] | But I really don’t want to do it. | 可我不想去做 |
[01:48] | I’ll bite. What is the universe telling you to do? | 好吧 那我就问了 宇宙让你去做什么 |
[01:51] | Oh, I can’t tell you. By naming the thing, you give it power. | 不能跟你说 给它命名就是给它力量 |
[01:54] | It’s a classic Beetlejuice/Babadook situation. | 这是经典的《甲壳虫汁》/《巴巴杜》情况 |
[01:57] | Are those your yogurt friends? | 他们是你的酸奶好友吗 |
[01:58] | I think you’re thinking of my friend, Barbaduke. | 你应该是想说我朋友巴巴杜克吧 |
[02:02] | Hey, Miss Universe! | 你好 宇宙小姐 |
[02:05] | Oh, my God, it’s a sign… | 天啊 这是个征兆 |
[02:07] | that we have to pack up these vibrators | 是在叫我们必须打包好这些震动棒 |
[02:09] | for the pop-up at Arlene’s. | 为阿尔琳那边的弹出店做准备 |
[02:11] | Okay, fine. I’ll help. | 好吧 我会帮你 |
[02:12] | But what is Arlene doing in an old folks’ home, anyway? | 但阿尔琳怎么会住在养老院呢 |
[02:15] | She’s my age. | 她不过跟我一样大 |
[02:17] | Our age. | 跟我们一样大 |
[02:18] | Really? | 是吗 |
[02:19] | You come off as so much older. | 你看上去老多了 |
[02:24] | Walden Villas is not an old folks’ home. | 瓦尔登别墅不是养老院 |
[02:26] | It’s a “Senior living community.” | 是”老人生活社区” |
[02:28] | – Same thing. – Arlene is very happy there, | -一回事 -阿尔琳在那很开心 |
[02:30] | so we have to keep an open mind. | 所以我们得开明点 |
[02:32] | Not to mention, it’s gonna be a gold mine for us. | 更别说那里会成为我们的金矿 |
[02:35] | Those places are hotbeds of sex, | 那些地方是性爱的温床 |
[02:37] | teeming with chlamydia. | 全是衣原体 |
[02:39] | You do make it sound fun. | 听你一说很有意思的样子 |
[02:42] | I know we haven’t hit it off. | 我知道我们相处并不融洽 |
[02:43] | And I’m sorry for saying you were put together inside out. | 我很抱歉说你内层皮外翻 |
[02:48] | But I’m trying to do something nice for your mom, | 但我在试图讨好你妈妈 |
[02:50] | so please don’t hurt me. | 所以请别伤害我 |
[02:59] | Showtime, folks. | 表演时间到 |
[03:04] | Have you noticed anything different about Gregory tonight? | 你注意到今晚格雷戈里有什么不同吗 |
[03:07] | Oh, is he drooling? ‘Cause all his bibs are in the dryer. | 它在流口水吗 因为它所有的围嘴都在烘干机里 |
[03:10] | No. | 不是 |
[03:12] | He just looks a little… shiny. | 它只是看上去 有点闪 |
[03:16] | You can’t put a collar on Gregory! He has contact dermatitis! | 你不能给格雷戈里戴项圈 它有接触性皮炎 |
[03:20] | I thought you had that. | 我以为是你有那个病 |
[03:21] | How do you think he lost all his hair? | 不然你以为它怎么没有毛 |
[03:22] | He’s not a hairless cat? | 它不是无毛猫吗 |
[03:23] | What… Oh! Okay. | 什么 好吧 |
[03:29] | What are you doing down there? | 你趴着在做什么 |
[03:33] | Holy shit. | 我的天 |
[03:37] | Is that a… | 那是… |
[03:39] | Are… you… | 你是 |
[03:41] | Allison… | 艾莉森 |
[03:43] | Alistair | 阿丽斯特尔 |
[03:45] | Giampietro-Smikowitz… | 吉安佩特罗-斯密格威茨 |
[03:47] | will you… | 你愿意 |
[03:49] | marry me? | 嫁给我吗 |
[03:52] | Nwabudike Douglas Bergstein… it’s beautiful. | 奴阿布达克·道格拉斯·伯格斯丁 戒指真漂亮 |
[03:56] | I mean, it’s unsanitary from the floor, | 虽然从地上捡起来有点不卫生 |
[03:58] | – but we can Purell it. – We can Purell it. | -不过我们可以用普瑞来清洁下 -用普瑞来清洁下 |
[04:04] | I still don’t think | 我还是不觉得 |
[04:05] | we should get married just ’cause we’re having a baby. | 就因为我怀孕了 我们就该结婚 |
[04:08] | I keep telling you, it’s not just because of the baby. | 我跟你说了很多次了 不仅仅是因为小孩 |
[04:11] | I’ve wanted to marry you for a long time. | 我想娶你很久了 |
[04:14] | I got into a fight with Coyote | 我和卡奥迪曾吵过一架 |
[04:15] | because of how serious I was about you. | 就因为我对你的感情是认真的 |
[04:17] | Months ago! | 那是几个月前的事了 |
[04:18] | You got into a fight with Coyote about me? | 你和卡奥迪因为我吵了架 |
[04:22] | No. I mean, it wasn’t about you. | 不 跟你无关 |
[04:24] | It was about how much you love candy corn, which he doesn’t get, | 是关于你有多喜欢粟米糖 他理解不了 |
[04:28] | because why are there layers if the layers don’t taste different? | 为什么每层味道一样却还要分层 |
[04:30] | – They do taste different. – Exactly. | -味道不一样的 -就是说啊 |
[04:33] | But let’s forget about Coyote’s unsophisticated palate. | 别管卡奥迪单调的味觉了 |
[04:36] | It’s hard. | 很困难 |
[04:38] | What’s the problem? | 问题出在哪 |
[04:40] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[04:42] | You love me. | 你爱我 |
[04:44] | We’re both definitely not scared of Gregory. | 我们都不怕格雷戈里 |
[04:47] | Say yes. | 答应我 |
[04:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:53] | Is that “Yes”? I kind of need to hear you say “Yes.” | 这算是答应吗 我要听你说”我愿意” |
[04:56] | Yes. It’s a yes! | 是的 我愿意 |
[04:58] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[05:03] | Oh, my God. You said yes. | 天啊 你答应了 |
[05:05] | This is so exciting! | 真令人激动 |
[05:07] | – I love you so much. – I love you, too. | -我好爱你 -我也爱你 |
[05:10] | There might just be one little thing… | 不过还有个小问题 |
[05:15] | How come I never get to pick where we do pop-ups? | 我怎么从来没资格决定弹出店的选址呢 |
[05:18] | Because this is literally | 因为这是你第一次 |
[05:19] | the first time you’ve expressed any interest. | 表示对此有兴趣 |
[05:22] | Except, I’ve been in the vibrator business for years now, | 我已经在振动棒行业里打拼多年了 |
[05:26] | and I think I’ve earned the right to pick some pop-ups. | 我应该有权选择在哪开弹出店 |
[05:28] | All right. Okay. | 好吧 行 |
[05:30] | You can pick the next one. | 下一个归你选 |
[05:32] | – Where do you want to go? – Not sure. | -你想去哪开 -不知道 |
[05:34] | I know where the universe wants me to go. | 我知道宇宙希望我去哪 |
[05:37] | Oh, Jesus. | 老天 |
[05:38] | Here, I thought we could put these on the table. | 我觉得可以把这些放桌上 |
[05:41] | – I think they’ll look nice. – That’s a great idea. | -可以起装饰作用 -好主意 |
[05:44] | So, how are things going with this new guy you’ve been seeing? | 你和新交往的那个人处得怎么样了 |
[05:47] | So far, pretty great. | 目前为止挺好的 |
[05:49] | I mean, he’s not who I | 他不是那种 |
[05:50] | would’ve thought I’d be with, but, you know, | 我以为我会与之交往的人 不过 |
[05:52] | I’m having a hell of a time. | 我过得很开心 |
[05:55] | He’s surprising… in a good way. | 他令人惊讶 我是指好的方面 |
[05:57] | You deserve some good surprises. | 你值得拥有一些惊喜 |
[05:59] | How about you? You seem really happy here. | 你呢 你在这儿过得似乎很开心 |
[06:01] | Oh, I am. It’s great. | 是啊 特别棒 |
[06:03] | You have laundry service, housekeeping, | 有洗衣 保洁服务 |
[06:06] | they pick up your prescriptions… | 他们会帮你取药 |
[06:08] | Wow. Imagine having someone | 天呐 想象下有人 |
[06:10] | to do your laundry and run your errands. | 帮你洗衣服 办事 那该多棒啊 |
[06:13] | You have that person. Her name’s me. | 你身边就有这样一个人 就是我 |
[06:16] | By the by, we’re out of dryer sheets, the lavender ones. | 顺便说下 干衣机布用完了 薰衣草味的 |
[06:19] | We wouldn’t be out of them if you didn’t use them as deodorant. | 你要是不把它们用来做除臭剂也不会用完 |
[06:23] | You know, it seems this table stuff is going real well. | 似乎这桌子已经布置得很好了 |
[06:27] | So I’m gonna go make some breakfast nachos. | 我去做点墨西哥玉米片早餐 |
[06:29] | Arlene, I just need marshmallows, chocolate, and your stove. | 阿尔琳 我需要棉花糖 巧克力和你的炉子 |
[06:33] | Oh, they don’t let us have those. | 他们不让我们用 |
[06:35] | Marshmallows? | 棉花糖吗 |
[06:36] | No, a stove. It’s an insurance thing. | 不 是炉子 为了保障安全 |
[06:40] | Wait a minute. You don’t have a stove? But you love to cook. | 等等 你连炉子都没有吗 但你喜欢做饭 |
[06:43] | I do, but I also love not cleaning up. | 是 但我也不喜欢打扫 |
[06:46] | And they really encourage you to eat in the dining hall. | 他们鼓励你到食堂吃饭 |
[06:49] | So, you eat all your meals at, like… communal tables? | 所以你们都在共享桌吃饭 |
[06:54] | Grace has weird boundary issues. | 格蕾丝有古怪的界线问题 |
[06:57] | Try talking to her when she’s in the tub. | 她泡澡时如果你找她聊天 她会炸毛 |
[06:59] | I’ll admit this whole thing | 我承认我也一直 |
[07:01] | has been a bit of an adjustment for me, too. | 在适应这种生活 |
[07:04] | I mean, it was hard giving up my house, | 放弃我的房子让我心里很不好受 |
[07:07] | but it was so much to take care of after Bob died. | 但是鲍勃死后要照料的东西太多了 |
[07:11] | – Couldn’t your son have helped? – He helped in other ways. | -你儿子帮不了你吗 -他在其他方面帮我 |
[07:14] | Well, Scott was the one that convinced me to move here. | 是斯科特说服我到这里来的 |
[07:18] | I didn’t realize it was his idea. | 我之前不知道这是他的主意 |
[07:20] | Hello, button, my old friend. | 你好 按钮 老朋友 |
[07:23] | Frankie, don’t touch that! | 弗兰琦 别碰 |
[07:25] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[07:25] | Oh, they have these on the walls, | 他们在墙上装了这些东西 |
[07:27] | in case somebody needs medical assistance. | 以防万一有人需要医疗救助 |
[07:30] | You don’t really notice them after a while. | 住一段时间后就不会注意到了 |
[07:33] | That must be the early birds. | 早起的鸟儿到了 |
[07:36] | You finish setting up the table | 你们继续布置桌子 |
[07:38] | and I will take them for a slow walk down a long hall. | 我带他们去走廊走走 |
[07:43] | God, poor Arlene. | 天啊 可怜的阿尔琳 |
[07:45] | I know. To have that fun button and never get to push it. | 是啊 有这个有趣的按钮却没机会按 |
[07:49] | No! Obviously her son dumped her here. | 不是 显然她儿子把她扔在这儿了 |
[07:53] | Didn’t you say to keep an open mind about this place? | 你不是说要对这地方保持开明吗 |
[07:56] | That was when I thought it was Arlene’s choice to be here. | 当时我以为是阿尔琳决定来这儿的 |
[07:59] | I mean, clearly she wanted to stay in her own house. | 显然她想留在自己家里 |
[08:02] | Instead of helping her do that, he’s off gallivanting | 他不仅没帮她 还跑去勾搭女人 |
[08:05] | while she has to eat with strangers. | 而她只能和陌生人一起吃饭 |
[08:07] | I like eating with strangers. That’s how I met Barbaduke. | 我喜欢和陌生人吃饭 我就是这么认识巴巴杜克的 |
[08:10] | All I know is Arlene does not | 我只知道阿尔琳 |
[08:13] | belong in a place that doesn’t have a stove, | 不该在一个没有炉子 |
[08:16] | but does have a blue button on the wall. | 墙上却有蓝色按钮的地方 |
[08:24] | You pressed one, didn’t you? | 你按了一个 是吧 |
[08:25] | Oh, Grace. | 格蕾丝 |
[08:27] | I’ve pressed at least three. | 我按了至少三个 |
[08:33] | I’ve got a real problem with you ladies hustling in on my game. | 我很介意你们抢我的生意 |
[08:36] | The only vibrator these gals need is me, | 她们唯一需要的振动棒是我 |
[08:39] | my Viagra, and my restless leg syndrome. | 我的伟哥和我的多动腿综合征 |
[08:42] | Aren’t you a funky little nightmare. | 你真是个古怪的噩梦般的人 |
[08:44] | Sir, the Menage is not your foe. | 先生 「自爽」振动棒不是你的敌人 |
[08:48] | You know, think of men and vibrators like cake and pie. | 把男人和振动棒想成蛋糕和派 |
[08:53] | Women like dessert. | 女人喜欢甜点 |
[08:55] | All right, I’ll take three. | 好吧 我要三个 |
[09:00] | Actually, make it four. And leave the price tags on. | 四个好了 售价标签留着 |
[09:03] | Oh, this is so much fun. | 太有意思了 |
[09:06] | I haven’t had a rush like this since I sold Mary Kay. | 我上次这么兴奋还是卖玫琳凯的时候 |
[09:09] | I haven’t had a rush like this since I sold Mary Jane. | 我上次这么兴奋还是卖大麻的时候 |
[09:15] | Teddie? | 泰迪 |
[09:16] | You know what? You should come with us to our next pop-up. | 要不你跟我们一起去下一家弹出店 |
[09:19] | – It’ll do you good to get out of here. – I don’t know. | -离开这里对你有好处 -我不确定 |
[09:22] | Scott doesn’t like me to leave without giving him the heads-up. | 斯科特不喜欢我不给他打招呼就离开 |
[09:25] | Well, why tell him? | 为什么要跟他说 |
[09:26] | You don’t need to ask permission. You’re a grown woman. | 你不需要征求同意 你是成年女人了 |
[09:28] | Make your own decisions. | 自己做主 |
[09:30] | You’re coming with us. | 你一定要跟我们来 |
[09:32] | All right. All right. So where are we going? | 行 行 我们要去哪 |
[09:34] | That is a good question. My guess would be Geo Junction. | 问得好 我猜是「地联处」 |
[09:41] | Oh, my God, are you real? Teddie? | 天啊 你是真的吗 泰迪 |
[09:44] | Oh, my God, isn’t there | 天呐 你现在 |
[09:45] | someone else you could be bothering right now? | 就没别的人可烦吗 |
[09:48] | Yes, there is. There is. | 有的 有的 |
[09:51] | Uh, Grand… | 外… |
[09:52] | Hush now. You’ve played your part, gentle specter. | 别说话 你完成了你的任务 温顺的幽灵 |
[09:57] | Well-played, universe. | 算你狠 宇宙 |
[09:59] | Okay, you win. | 我承认 你赢了 |
[10:05] | So Spit likes him? | 小口水喜欢他 |
[10:08] | They’ve reached a detente. | 他们达成了缓和政策 |
[10:11] | And how is Barry liking the new job? | 巴里的新工作怎么样 |
[10:12] | Lauren’s a monster like I said she was. | 劳伦就像我说的那样是个怪物 |
[10:15] | She’s taking everyone out to dinner tonight to celebrate, like, | 她今晚要带所有人出去吃晚餐庆祝 |
[10:18] | a new product or her period or something. | 一个新产品还是她的月经什么的 |
[10:20] | I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[10:21] | were we supposed to take you out to dinner for that? | 这种事我们男人要带你们出去吃晚餐庆祝吗 |
[10:23] | – Yes. – Everyone doing okay? Need anything? | -是的 -大家还好吗 需要点什么吗 |
[10:26] | Coyote, are you loving that Saint-Andre? | 卡奥迪 你喜欢那个圣安德烈奶酪吗 |
[10:30] | Yep. So much. | 嗯 很喜欢 |
[10:31] | – That’s my boy. Loves his cheese. – Yeah. Yeah. | -真乖 喜欢他的奶酪 -是的 |
[10:37] | I fucking hate soft cheese. | 我讨厌死软奶酪了 |
[10:39] | Why don’t you tell him? | 那你怎么不跟他说 |
[10:40] | It’s been years and it’s, like, a thing between us now. | 已经很多年了 我们之间就这样 |
[10:43] | I don’t even know how it happened. | 我也不知道是怎么形成的 |
[10:45] | He got me a silver cheese knife for Hanukkah. | 他在光明节送了我一把银制奶酪刀 |
[10:48] | I’m in too deep. | 我已经没救了 |
[10:49] | What’s with your family and cheese? | 你们家怎么这么喜欢奶酪 |
[10:52] | Hey, Mallory, I got that pimento loaf you love. | 玛洛丽 我买了你喜欢的甜椒面包 |
[10:57] | Did you just put cheese in your pocket? | 你刚是把奶酪装你口袋里了吗 |
[11:01] | Fingers crossed it’s a murderer. | 但愿来的是个杀人犯 |
[11:10] | Uh, I was just leaving this for your, um… | 我是来把这个拿给你的… |
[11:12] | – Dads? – Right. | -爸爸们 -没错 |
[11:14] | It was delivered to our house by mistake. | 错送到我们家了 |
[11:17] | Thank you. I’ll take that. | 谢谢 给我吧 |
[11:21] | Well, that took a weird turn. | 真是始料未及 |
[11:23] | It sure did. | 是啊 |
[11:25] | Robert… | 罗伯特 |
[11:27] | can you think of a reason why Oliver would be mad at us? | 你能想出一个奥利弗生我们气的原因吗 |
[11:31] | – No. – Really? | -不能 -真的吗 |
[11:34] | Nothing comes to mind. | 想不出来 |
[11:38] | Ooh, more drama. | 好戏连台啊 |
[11:41] | Oh, no, it’s a guy selling magazines. | 不 是个卖杂志的 |
[11:43] | Come on, Bri. Just… Come on. | 搞错没有 布丽 拜托 |
[11:47] | Buddy! What a pleasant surprise. | 巴德 真是惊喜啊 |
[11:50] | Come, please join us. | 快过来 |
[11:52] | What’s going on here and why wasn’t I invited? | 你们在搞什么 怎么没叫上我 |
[11:54] | It’s a girls’ and dads’ dinner. | 是父女晚餐 |
[11:57] | Oh. Well, then why is Coyote here? | 那为什么卡奥迪在 |
[11:59] | Want to field that one, Mal? | 你想代答一下吗 玛洛 |
[12:00] | I was driving away and I saw his tiny face | 我当时正开车离开 看到他的小脸 |
[12:02] | pressed up against the window of his tiny house. | 贴在他小房子的窗户上 |
[12:04] | I’ll set another place. | 我再去摆个位子 |
[12:06] | No, no, no. I don’t want to interrupt… | 不用 我不想打扰 |
[12:08] | What are you talking about? You’re not interrupting. | 说什么呢 怎么会是打扰呢 |
[12:11] | You know, sometimes interruptions are wonderful. | 有时候「打扰」[干预]挺好的 |
[12:13] | If temporary. | 除非是暂时的 |
[12:15] | Everything okay? | 一切可好 |
[12:16] | Yeah, I wanted to talk | 挺好的 我想私底下 |
[12:18] | to you and Robert about something privately. | 跟你和罗伯特说点事 |
[12:19] | – We’re listening. – No, you know, it’s fine. I’ll just… | -洗耳恭听 -不了 没事 我 |
[12:22] | Oh, God, is it the baby? | 天啊 宝宝出事了吗 |
[12:24] | No, no, no, no. The baby’s fine. Baby’s fine. | 不不 宝宝没事 宝宝没事 |
[12:26] | Did they stop making Dockers? Who do we call? What do we do? | 道克斯男装停产了吗 我们该找谁 该怎么办 |
[12:30] | Bud, what happened? | 巴德 到底怎么了 |
[12:32] | I proposed to Allison, and she said yes. | 我向艾莉森求婚了 她答应了 |
[12:35] | Oh, mazel tov! | 恭喜 |
[12:37] | Good. This will take your mind off the Dockers shortage. | 真好 你可以不用老想着道克斯男装的缺货问题了 |
[12:40] | I’ll get the champagne. | 我去拿香槟 |
[12:41] | – Well, maybe hold off on the champagne. – Why? | -别急着拿香槟 -为什么 |
[12:45] | She won’t marry me without a prenup, | 她要签婚前协议才和我结婚 |
[12:47] | and I told her I won’t get a prenup. | 我跟她说我不签 |
[12:51] | Oh, that’s bad. | 真糟 |
[12:54] | Fun! | 有意思 |
[12:57] | Yes, I understand the concept of “No backsies.” | 我懂”不许反悔”的概念 |
[13:01] | I just asked why you suddenly decided we should go to a college. | 我只是问你为什么突然决定去大学 |
[13:04] | It’s not exactly our customer base. | 我们的客户群不在那 |
[13:06] | You know darn well what happened last time | 你很清楚上次宇宙固执己见 |
[13:08] | I didn’t listen to the universe when she was so persistent. | 我却没有听的后果 |
[13:12] | My yurt exploded. | 我的蒙古包爆炸了 |
[13:14] | What do you have to do to make a yurt explode? | 要怎样才能让蒙古包爆炸 |
[13:16] | Did you see Bad Boys II? | 你看过《绝地战警2》吗 |
[13:18] | I am not compelled by the universe. | 我不受宇宙控制 |
[13:20] | So I need a normal, human reason for this pop-up. | 所以我需要一个选择在这开弹出店的正常人类理由 |
[13:23] | Well, like retirement places, colleges are hotbeds of sex. | 就像养老院一样 大学是性爱的温床 |
[13:28] | You think old people have sexual diseases. | 你觉得老年人有性病 |
[13:30] | College invented chlamydia. | 但却是大学发明了衣原体 |
[13:32] | I think it’s a great idea. | 我觉得这主意很棒 |
[13:34] | You have all those older female professors. | 那里有很多老年女教授 |
[13:38] | Students are always getting hurt playing sports. | 学生运动总是受伤 |
[13:41] | Playing Frisbee and Rubik’s Cubing, | 玩飞盘和魔方 |
[13:44] | they will love the Menage. | 他们会喜欢「自爽」的 |
[13:46] | And, if we can hook them while they’re young, | 要是我们能在他们年轻时就网罗住他们 |
[13:48] | we will have them for life. | 他们一辈子都会买我们的产品 |
[13:50] | Like cigarette companies and Degrassi. | 就像烟草公司和《迪格拉丝中学的下一代》 |
[13:52] | You actually make a good argument. | 你说得很有道理呢 |
[13:54] | I do some of my best work when I bullshit. | 我有些杰作就是我胡扯的时候完成的 |
[13:57] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[14:00] | So how are things going with that new guy you’re seeing? | 你和你新交往的那人处得怎么样了 |
[14:04] | Arlene, you already asked me that. | 阿尔琳 你已经问过我这问题了 |
[14:06] | – I did? – Yes. | -是吗 -是的 |
[14:07] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[14:09] | I’m sorry, just one of those embarrassing senior moments. | 不好意思 年纪大了难免出糗 |
[14:13] | Oh, please, we all get them. | 得了吧 谁没有过啊 |
[14:15] | Speak for yourself. | 只有你自己而已 |
[14:17] | I’m still sharp as a tack. | 我依然犀利如钉 |
[14:20] | Is that a word, tack? | 钉是个词吗 |
[14:22] | Ah, just one of the joys of getting older, I guess. | 算是年纪变大的乐趣之一吧 |
[14:26] | You know, I read somewhere that the antidote for those senior moments | 我看过一篇文章说 治疗老年健忘的良药 |
[14:31] | is challenging yourself with new experiences. | 是让自己不断去接触新的体验 |
[14:34] | I also read it helps if you get a helper monkey. | 我也看过文章说 弄只猴子帮手很有帮助 |
[14:37] | For the last time, we are not getting a helper monkey. | 我最后声明一次 我们不会买猴子帮手 |
[14:41] | Okay, Grace. We’ll get a monkey that doesn’t help us. | 好吧 格蕾丝 那就买只不会帮忙的猴子 |
[14:44] | Well, I am always trying to learn new things. | 我总是试着学习新事物 |
[14:47] | Right now, I’m learning to play canasta. | 最近 我正在学凯钠斯特纸牌游戏 |
[14:49] | Well, see, I meant, getting out in the world, | 其实我是说 勇敢走出去 |
[14:53] | remembering that we’re vibrant, independent women. | 记住我们是有活力的独立女性 |
[14:56] | A little help here? | 帮帮忙好吗 |
[14:57] | I seem to have triple-buckled myself into my necklace. | 我好像把安全带和我的项链绕了三圈 |
[15:02] | Get me a damn monkey, Grace! | 给我弄只猴子吧 格蕾丝 |
[15:05] | I can’t believe she wants a prenup. | 我真不敢相信她想签婚前协议 |
[15:07] | Lots of people want them. That was a big part of our business. | 很多人都想签 那是我们律所的主要业务之一 |
[15:10] | I can’t believe you didn’t | 真不敢相信你没告诉我们 |
[15:11] | tell us that you bagged a secret heiress. | 你搞到了一个秘密女继承人 |
[15:13] | Nicely done. | 干得好 |
[15:14] | – She’s not an heiress. – Really? | -她不是继承人 -真的吗 |
[15:16] | Because that would have cleared up a lot of questions. | 因为那就能解释很多疑问了 |
[15:18] | She wants a prenup because I’m a divorce lawyer. | 她想签婚前协议 是因为我是离婚律师 |
[15:22] | If we broke up, she thinks I’d be at a huge advantage. | 如果我们分手 她觉得我会有巨大的优势 |
[15:24] | So she wants to protect herself and the baby. | 所以她想保护自己和孩子 |
[15:26] | – That is a fair point. – Well, yeah, I get it, | -有道理 -没错 我能理解 |
[15:29] | but I don’t want to start | 但我不想结婚时 |
[15:30] | our marriage assuming that it won’t work out | 就预计未来会离婚 |
[15:32] | – and things’ll get ugly. – It doesn’t have to mean that. | -双方会交恶 -协议未必是这个意思 |
[15:34] | Is it that big a deal? You usually give her whatever she wants. | 有那么严重吗 你通常对她都是百依百顺 |
[15:38] | No. No prenup. Brianna wants a boat. | 不行 不许签婚前协议 布丽安娜想要艘船 |
[15:41] | Agh, just don’t get married. | 别结婚就行了 |
[15:43] | Love fades, people change. | 爱会消逝 人会变 |
[15:44] | Then they do fine, and you’re miserable. | 然后他们会好好的 而你悲催又可怜 |
[15:46] | That’s a little dark, sweetheart. | 这想法有点阴暗吧 亲爱的 |
[15:48] | Just speaking my truth. | 只是道出真相而已 |
[15:49] | I like you like this, all goth and surly. | 我喜欢你这样 哥特 阴沉 |
[15:52] | – Fuck off. – It’s adorable. | -滚吧 -真可爱 |
[15:55] | You know, your father and I | 其实你父亲和我 |
[15:57] | talked about a prenup when we were getting married | 在结婚前也讨论过签婚前协议 |
[15:59] | and we decided against it, but it took a lot of talking. | 最后决定不签 但也是经过了一番讨论 |
[16:01] | I think you just need to be honest with Allison. | 我想你跟艾莉森说实话就行了 |
[16:04] | Like you should be honest about what happened with Oliver? | 就像你应该对奥利弗那事说实话一样吗 |
[16:07] | I told you, nothing happened with Oliver. | 我说了 奥利弗生气跟我没有关系 |
[16:09] | And yet, all evidence points to the contrary. | 然而 一切证据表明事实相反 |
[16:12] | Can we talk about this later, please? | 我们晚点再聊这事 行吗 |
[16:14] | Your son has come to us for advice | 你儿子来找我们寻求建议 |
[16:16] | and we should be laser-focused on him right now. | 我们应该把注意力集中在他身上 |
[16:19] | I am, but I have a number of lasers | 我有啊 但我也有余力 |
[16:21] | and they can point in different directions. | 顾及其它方面 |
[16:23] | – Let’s not do this here and now. – Fine. | -此时此地不宜讨论此事 -好吧 |
[16:25] | I’ll be in the study. | 我去书房等你 |
[16:27] | I’ll meet you there in one minute. | 一分钟后书房见 |
[16:29] | We’ll be right back. | 我们很快就回来 |
[16:33] | Fifty-eight, fifty-seven, fifty-six, fifty-five. Oh, jeez. | 58 57 56 55 老天 |
[16:41] | So glad I came over. | 真庆幸我过来了 |
[16:42] | Just to recap, you weren’t invited. | 重申一遍 没人邀请你来 |
[16:54] | Brianna, could you shut the door? | 布丽安娜 你能把门关上吗 |
[16:56] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:00] | I think he meant with you on the other side. | 我想他的意思是叫你出去 |
[17:02] | No. Please don’t make me go back out there | 不 拜托别让我回那儿 |
[17:04] | and talk about marriage and babies. | 谈论婚姻和孩子 |
[17:06] | Barry makes me talk about heart feels now. Can’t I just… | 巴里都开始让我谈论内心感受了 我不能就… |
[17:08] | stay in here where it’s nice and angry? | 待在这个愤怒又美好的地方吗 |
[17:11] | Fine, but this conversation is also about marriage. | 行吧 但这个谈话同样关于婚姻 |
[17:15] | About a marriage I suspect your father jeopardized. | 我怀疑你爸已经毁了一桩婚姻 |
[17:18] | I didn’t jeopardize anything. | 我没毁掉任何东西 |
[17:19] | Then why is Oliver mad? | 那奥利弗为什么生气 |
[17:21] | If not because you talked | 肯定是因为 |
[17:22] | to Jo after you promised me you wouldn’t? | 你背着我去找乔谈了 |
[17:24] | I did not talk to Jo. | 我没找乔谈 |
[17:25] | Oliver came over and said something gay about an orchid. | 奥利弗那天过来 说了些跟兰花有关的基佬话 |
[17:28] | Then he started asking about our marriage and it just came out. | 然后他开始问我们的婚姻状况 我就说了 |
[17:31] | You went back on your word. | 你没有遵守诺言 |
[17:32] | No, no, I called an audible. | 不不 我「临阵换计」 |
[17:34] | – Football reference. – I thought hockey, but thank you. | -橄榄球术语 -我以为是曲棍球 不过谢了 |
[17:37] | And if you’d have been there, you’d have done the same thing. | 如果当时你在场 你也会这么做的 |
[17:39] | I don’t know which is worse: | 我不知道哪个更糟 |
[17:41] | the fact that you went against what we agreed on, | 你违背了我们的约定 |
[17:45] | or that you don’t seem to care | 还是你看起来毫不在意 |
[17:46] | that you hurt Oliver and his lovely bride-to-be. | 你伤害了奥利弗和他可爱的未婚妻 |
[17:49] | – Wait, Oliver’s straight? – Thank you. | -等等 奥利弗是直男吗 -谢谢你 |
[17:51] | – You butted in without knowing for sure? – Thank you. | -你不确定就插手他的事吗 -谢谢你 |
[17:54] | You might be mad that I did it, but I know I did the right thing. | 你也许对我的所为很生气 但我知道我做得对 |
[17:57] | Did you? Because now Oliver hates us. | 是吗 因为现在奥利弗恨死我们了 |
[18:00] | Good luck getting an invite to their Designing Women party now. | 你别想受邀参加他们的《设计女人》派对了 |
[18:03] | I’m sorry, who are these people? | 不好意思 这些人都是谁啊 |
[18:05] | There’s an orchid and a Designing Women party, | 有兰花 有《设计女人》派对 |
[18:07] | – but Jo’s a lady? – Right? | -但乔却是女的 -我就说吧 |
[18:09] | And isn’t Oliver mad at us like a gay man would be? | 而且奥利弗冲我们生气的样子不像基佬作风吗 |
[18:12] | I mean, dramatically dropping the package down | 戏剧性地把包裹丢到地上 |
[18:15] | and then stomping off in a huff. | 然后跺脚离场 |
[18:17] | He was just taking his leave like a strong Sugarbaker woman. | 他的离场方式确实很像《设计女人》的强硬女主角 |
[18:22] | You can make light of this if you want to, Robert. | 你想对这事轻描淡写随便你 罗伯特 |
[18:25] | But I really liked Oliver. That’s why I brought him over. | 但我真的很喜欢奥利弗 所以才邀请他过来 |
[18:28] | Because I thought for once, | 因为我以为这一次 |
[18:29] | I could be the one bringing a new friend into our lives. | 我也终于能给我们的生活带来一位新朋友 |
[18:33] | But evidently you have enough friends on your own, so… | 但显然你自己朋友已经够多了 所以… |
[18:39] | easy come, easy go with mine. | 对我的朋友毫不在乎 |
[18:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:51] | Enjoy. | 使用开心 |
[18:53] | I have to hand it to you, this was a genius idea. | 我得承认 你这主意太棒了 |
[18:56] | I forgot how much Millennials love waiting in line. | 我都忘了千禧一代有多喜欢排队 |
[18:59] | Hey, since I’m such a super genius, | 既然我这么天才 |
[19:01] | I’ve probably earned myself a little break, right? | 应该有资格休息一小会 对吧 |
[19:04] | How little? | 多久 |
[19:05] | Somewhere between what you think is appropriate | 比你认为适当的时间长 |
[19:07] | and what I’m going to do? | 比我要休息的时间短 |
[19:09] | Nice try. Hand me another box of Menage. | 想得美 再递一盒「自爽」给我 |
[19:20] | Or you could just disappear in a poof of patchouli. | 或者你也可以瞬间消失 只留下广藿香的香味 |
[19:23] | Enjoy. | 使用开心 |
[19:31] | – Thank you. – What happened in there? | -谢谢 -里面什么情况 |
[19:32] | Your dad’s really mad. And not in his usual Muppet way. | 你爸很生气 比平时的「布偶生气脸」严重多了 |
[19:36] | Where’s Mal? | 玛洛呢 |
[19:38] | I think all the marriage and divorce talk really bummed her out. | 我想那些婚姻和离婚的话题让她难过了 |
[19:42] | – You know, I’m gonna go talk to her. – No, no, let me. | -我去跟她聊聊 -不 让我去吧 |
[19:45] | I’m the one who brought it up. | 是我提起这些话题的 |
[19:58] | Am I pulling these off? | 我穿这条牛仔裤好看吗 |
[19:59] | Nadia said I’d look good in a boot cut. | 娜迪亚说我适合穿靴型裤 |
[20:01] | – Yeah, I think I’m gonna go. – Yep. I totally understand. | -我还是走吧 -好 我能理解 |
[20:08] | Enjoy. | 使用开心 |
[20:09] | Excuse me, ma’am? | 不好意思 女士 |
[20:10] | Are you a professor or a member of the staff here? | 你是这里的教授或职员吗 |
[20:12] | What does it look like? | 看起来像什么 |
[20:14] | Looks like a strange woman handing out dildos. | 像一个奇怪的女人在派发假阳具 |
[20:16] | Excuse me, these are vibrators. | 不好意思 这些是振动棒 |
[20:20] | Oh, well, in that case, you and your vibrators have to go. | 既然这样 你和你的振动棒都得离开 |
[20:22] | But we are empowering young women. | 但我们在赋予年轻女性力量 |
[20:25] | – Right? – Yeah! | -对不对 -没错 |
[20:27] | Unless you have an empowerment permit, | 除非你们有赋予力量许可证 |
[20:29] | which doesn’t exist, | 而那根本不存在 |
[20:31] | I’m going to have to insist that you leave. Now. | 我必须请你们立刻离开 |
[20:34] | All right, folks. | 好了 各位 |
[20:35] | Please go to class or | 去上课吧 |
[20:37] | whatever it is you do on your parents’ dime. | 或是你们的父母花钱让你们来上学该做的事 |
[20:39] | No, wait! Don’t go! | 不 等等 别走 |
[20:40] | Grace, I’ve had enough new experiences for one day. | 格蕾丝 我今天的新体验够多了 |
[20:43] | Can we just go home? | 我们回家行吗 |
[20:46] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[20:48] | All right, we’re leaving. Look us up on the web! | 好吧 我们这就走 上我们的网站看看哦 |
[20:54] | Frankie, I don’t know where you went on your little break, comma, | 弗兰琦 我不知道你跑哪儿休息去了 逗号 |
[20:59] | but we’re being kicked off campus, period. | 但我们被赶出校园了 句号 |
[21:01] | I’ll see you at home, period. | 我们家里见吧 句号 |
[21:02] | If there is a monkey there, I’m gonna train it to strangle you | 如果家里有猴子 我就训练它掐死你 |
[21:05] | and no jury will convict me! exclamation point. | 没有任何陪审团能将我定罪 叹号 |
[21:11] | But he felt production | 但他觉得 |
[21:12] | isn’t necessarily a sign of economic health. | 生产未必是良性经济的迹象 |
[21:16] | I have a little side note. | 顺便说一下 |
[21:18] | I hung out with Galbraith at Harvard | 我和经济学家加尔布雷斯 |
[21:20] | and he was a hell of a guy to grab a beer with. | 以前在哈佛一起玩 他是很棒的酒友 |
[21:25] | Excuse me, | 不好意思 |
[21:25] | did somebody forget my rule about no phones in my seminars? | 有人忘记我上课不许开手机的规定了吗 |
[21:42] | Sorry I ruined girls’ night. | 抱歉我毁了闺蜜之夜 |
[21:45] | It’s okay. It was doomed when I had to eat the pimento loaf. | 没事 从我得吃甜椒肉饼开始 这晚就注定毁了 |
[21:49] | Hey, you’re lucky. I’m “Mr. Stuffed-Grape-Leaves.” | 你算走运的了 我得吃葡萄叶饼 |
[21:54] | To be honest… | 老实说 |
[21:56] | I was in a shit mood even before that. | 在吃下肉饼前 我心情就很糟了 |
[21:59] | Last night, I finally decided to stop moping around the house. | 昨晚 我终于决定不再宅在家里消沉了 |
[22:04] | So I hired a sitter | 于是我雇了一个保姆 |
[22:06] | and I went to the movies. | 然后去看电影 |
[22:09] | Alone. | 就我一个人 |
[22:10] | And I ran into Mitch. | 结果我撞到米奇了 |
[22:13] | Oh, boy. | 天呐 |
[22:14] | – Coming out of a fancy restaurant. – Oh, shit. | -从一家高级餐厅里走出来 -真要命 |
[22:17] | With some woman who he may have been holding hands with. | 和一个也许一直跟他牵着手的女人 |
[22:21] | Fuck. | 我操 |
[22:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:24] | So that might explain why I was… | 那也许能解释 我为何… |
[22:28] | a little negative about the whole marriage thing. | 对婚姻的想法有点消极 |
[22:31] | “A little negative”? | “有点消极” |
[22:32] | You were like John Wick after they killed his puppy. | 你就像《疾速追杀》的男主 狗被杀后疯狂复仇 |
[22:35] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[22:36] | I’m also sorry you just ruined John Wick for me. | 而且”谢谢”你啊 剧透了《疾速追杀》 |
[22:39] | Excuse you, it came out two years ago. There’s a sequel. | 你才不对 这电影两年前就上映了 还出了续集 |
[22:42] | Well, I’ve been a little busy having my whole life fall apart. | 我最近有点忙 整个人生都四分五裂了 |
[22:50] | You know… | 其实 |
[22:52] | I get where Allison’s coming from. | 我理解艾莉森为什么想这么做 |
[22:55] | Divorce is so awful. | 离婚真的很可怕 |
[22:59] | Why not give yourself a safety net? | 为什么不给自己设一张安全网呢 |
[23:02] | The only problem is, if you do get divorced, | 唯一的问题是 如果你真的离婚 |
[23:05] | it undoes everything you believe and… | 那会摧毁你一切的信念 |
[23:09] | your heart will be broken. | 你的心会碎成渣 |
[23:12] | And nothing… | 没有任何东西 |
[23:14] | certainly not a piece of paper, | 显然一纸文书是不行的 |
[23:17] | is going to protect you from that. | 能保护你不受伤害 |
[23:21] | Are you sure Frankie’s okay? She never texted you back. | 你确定弗兰琦没事吗 她一直没回你短信 |
[23:25] | Don’t worry. It’s her MO. | 别担心 这是她的惯用伎俩 |
[23:28] | Radio silence if she’s mad or she knows she’s in trouble. | 她生气或知道自己惹麻烦时 就会玩消失 |
[23:32] | I didn’t hear from her for a whole day | 有一次 我一整天都没她消息 |
[23:34] | after she set off fireworks in the pantry. | 直到她在食品储藏柜里点燃了鞭炮 |
[23:39] | Oh, she is one-of-a-kind. | 她真是独一无二的极品 |
[23:41] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:44] | So, how are things going with that new guy you’re seeing? | 你和你新交往的那人处得怎么样了 |
[23:51] | You already asked me that, honey. | 你已经问过我这问题了 亲爱的 |
[23:54] | I did? | 是吗 |
[23:56] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[23:58] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[24:00] | Wait, where are you going? | 等等 你要去哪 |
[24:02] | You have to make a right on Escondido. | 你得在埃斯孔迪多街右转啊 |
[24:05] | This isn’t the way to my house. | 这不是回我家的路 |
[24:07] | Arlene, you don’t live in that house anymore. | 阿尔琳 你已经不住在那房子里了 |
[24:11] | – What? – No. | -什么 -真的 |
[24:12] | You moved to Walden Villas a few months ago. | 你几个月前搬去瓦尔登别墅了 |
[24:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:25] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[24:40] | Were you asleep? | 你睡着了吗 |
[24:41] | Conflict makes me a little sleepy. | 起冲突总让我犯困 |
[24:45] | I’m sorry we argued. | 抱歉我们吵架了 |
[24:48] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[24:55] | I did do some thinking about the prenup. | 我考虑过婚前协议的事了 |
[24:58] | And I think you’re right. | 我认为你说得对 |
[25:00] | You deserve to go into this marriage with some security. | 你应该带着安全感和我走进婚姻 |
[25:02] | So… I drew up a preliminary agreement for us. | 所以 我给我们草拟了初步协议 |
[25:10] | “In the event of a divorce, | “一旦离婚 |
[25:11] | Allison Alistair Giampietro-Smikowitz | 艾莉森·阿丽斯特尔·吉安佩特罗-斯密格威茨 |
[25:14] | can have anything she wants | 可随意拿走 |
[25:15] | from Nwabudike Douglas Bergstein.” | 奴阿布达克·道格拉斯·伯格斯丁的任何财产” |
[25:20] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[25:21] | And now I’m worried you might be a bad lawyer. | 现在我担心你是个很烂的律师了 |
[25:24] | I’m actually a pretty good lawyer. | 其实我是个挺厉害的律师 |
[25:26] | I’ve handled a lot of divorces. And my parents are divorced. | 我处理过很多离婚案件 我父母也离婚了 |
[25:29] | And Mal’s getting divorced. | 玛洛也要离婚了 |
[25:31] | But despite all that, | 但尽管如此 |
[25:33] | or, I don’t know, maybe because of it, | 或是 正因为如此 |
[25:36] | I want to start our life together with a leap of faith. | 我希望带着超强的信心和你共同开始新生活 |
[25:40] | With my whole heart. | 我全心全意投入 |
[25:42] | So, you can have whatever you need to feel secure. | 所以 只要能让你有安全感 我什么都可以答应 |
[25:46] | All I want is you. | 我只想要你 |
[25:48] | Oh, Bud, that is so sweet. | 巴德 这番话太甜了 |
[25:51] | All I want is you, too. | 我想要的也只有你 |
[25:52] | And I want to take that leap of faith with you. | 我希望和你一起带着超强的信心步入婚姻 |
[26:04] | Oh, fuck! Gregory can’t eat paper! And I can’t bend over. | 该死 格雷戈里不能吃纸 我又弯不下身 |
[26:08] | I need you to reach in and pull it out of his throat! | 我需要你把手伸进它喉咙里 把纸拽出来 |
[26:14] | Thank God! | 谢天谢地 |
[26:16] | – Scott. – Mom, where have you been? | -斯科特 -妈妈 你去哪了 |
[26:19] | You weren’t signed out, and I’ve been calling for hours. | 你没登记就离开了 我打了好几小时电话 |
[26:21] | – Are you all right? – I’m fi… | -你没事吧 -我很好… |
[26:23] | – Well, I think your mom got a little… – Tired. | -我想你妈妈有点… -累了 |
[26:26] | It’s been a long day. Oh, I’m sorry you were worried, honey. | 今天好漫长 抱歉让你担心了 亲爱的 |
[26:29] | Grace and I went out for a bit, | 格蕾丝和我出去了一会 |
[26:31] | and I must have forgotten my phone. | 我一定是忘带电话了 |
[26:33] | Sure you’re all right? You don’t want to see one of the nurses? | 你确定你没事吗 不需要护士来看看吗 |
[26:36] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[26:38] | Let us say goodbye, I’ll freshen up a little, | 让我们先道别 我去梳洗一番 |
[26:41] | and then we’ll go to the dining hall and have dinner. | 然后我们就去食堂吃晚饭了 |
[26:46] | I did have a lot of fun with you guys today. | 我今天和你们玩得很开心 |
[26:51] | Yeah. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[26:54] | Maybe we could do it again sometime? | 也许我们以后可以再来一次 |
[26:57] | – I’d love to. – Okay. | -我很愿意 -好的 |
[27:04] | Scott, | 斯科特 |
[27:05] | I know it’s not my business… | 我知道这与我无关 |
[27:09] | but what’s going on with your mother? | 但你妈妈怎么了 |
[27:13] | Oh, she’s fine most of the time. | 她大部分时间都很好 |
[27:17] | There were a few incidents when she was living alone. | 她独居时出过几次意外 |
[27:20] | Things left to burn on the stove, | 忘记炉子上煮着东西 |
[27:21] | forgetting how to turn off the alarm system. | 忘记如何关掉警报系统等 |
[27:23] | That’s why we convinced her to move here. | 所以我们才说服她搬来这里 |
[27:26] | They have different levels of care in case things get worse. | 万一情况恶化 他们能提供不同程度的照料 |
[27:31] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[27:32] | – I had no idea. – Mom’s pretty proud. | -我之前不知道 -我妈是个很骄傲的人 |
[27:35] | I’m sure she doesn’t want you to see her any differently. | 她一定不希望你对她有异样的看法 |
[27:37] | Yeah… I get that. | 是的 我能理解 |
[27:41] | Well, I’d better get going. | 我该走了 |
[27:42] | Have a nice dinner. | 你们用餐愉快 |
[27:46] | Oh, wait. | 等等 |
[27:48] | Do you need me to get someone to give you a ride home? | 你需要我找人送你回家吗 |
[27:51] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[27:53] | I can still drive myself. | 我还能自己开车 |
[27:58] | Well, we’ll talk about an extension later. | 我们迟点再谈延期的事 |
[28:01] | It seems my sister, who I haven’t seen for 40 years, | 我40年没见的妹妹 |
[28:04] | has taken a sudden interest in economic theory. | 似乎忽然对经济理论感兴趣了 |
[28:10] | Hi, Teddie. | 你好 泰迪 |
[28:11] | Hi, Frankie. It’s been a while. Who died? | 你好 弗兰琦 好久不见 谁死了 |
[28:15] | Me. Not physically, but bureaucratically and emotionally. | 我 不是肉体上 而是在政府系统和情感上死了 |
[28:19] | Well, I see the years haven’t dimmed your gift for hyperbole. | 看样子岁月没能削减你说话夸张的天赋 |
[28:23] | No, in fact, they’ve strengthened my gifts. | 事实上 我的天赋还增强了 |
[28:27] | I kind of feel like a Highlander. | 我觉得自己像电影里的永生高地人 |
[28:29] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里有什么事 |
[28:30] | I’ve been thinking a lot about what if I did die. | 我最近一直在想 如果我真死了怎么办 |
[28:33] | What would I regret? | 我会有什么遗憾 |
[28:35] | And my biggest regret is what happened between us. | 而我最大的遗憾就是你我之间的事 |
[28:38] | I want to fix this… before it’s too late. | 我想修补这一切 趁为时未晚 |
[28:44] | You were right about Sol being gay. | 你当年说索尔是同性恋其实说对了 |
[28:50] | I still can’t believe you told me just before my wedding, | 我还是不敢相信你在我婚礼前才告诉我 |
[28:54] | but you were right about him. | 但你是对的 |
[28:57] | I’m sorry I was right. | 很遗憾我说对了 |
[29:00] | That’s it? That’s all I get? | 就这样 没其他话可说了吗 |
[29:04] | I haven’t heard from you in four decades. | 我们40年没有来往了 |
[29:06] | – What did you expect? – I don’t know. | -你以为会怎么样 -我不知道 |
[29:09] | But I’ve had the universe up my ass to come see you | 但宇宙一直逼迫我来见你 |
[29:13] | and, turns out, you can’t not listen to the universe. | 事实证明 你不能不听从宇宙的意见 |
[29:16] | Can’t you? | 是吗 |
[29:17] | Can we please just talk to each other? | 我们能不能好好谈谈 |
[29:20] | We just did. | 我们谈过了 |
[29:22] | It made no sense, | 根本不知所谓 |
[29:23] | and I have a departmental meeting in seven minutes. | 我7分钟后还有个部门会议要开 |
[29:26] | Well, I’m not going anywhere. | 我是不会离开的 |
[29:28] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[29:29] | My meeting’s in another building. | 我的会议在另一栋大楼举行 |
[29:34] | Oh, that’s great, Teddie. But I’m not giving up. | 太好了 泰迪 但我不会放弃的 |
[29:37] | We’re gonna make our peace, lady. | 我们会重归于好 女士 |
[29:39] | You hear me? We’re gonna make peace! | 你听见了吗 我们会和好的 |
[29:44] | Real mature, Teddie! Real mature. | 真成熟啊 泰迪 一点都不幼稚 |
[29:49] | What do I do now, universe? | 我现在该怎么做 宇宙 |