时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:55] | I know you do that. | 我知道你经常拍我睡觉 |
[00:56] | No, you don’t. | 才不是 |
[00:58] | How’d you sleep? | 你睡得好吗 |
[01:00] | Not well. | 不太好 |
[01:01] | Your vegan-leather couch is covered in fondue cheese | 你这个环保皮革沙发上面 全是火锅奶酪 |
[01:05] | and the irony is just too loud. | 实在太讽刺了 |
[01:08] | Stop doing that! | 别拍了 |
[01:09] | I have to do something to get my mind off last night. | 我总得找点事做 不让自己想昨晚的事 |
[01:12] | You heard from the kids? | 孩子们联系你了吗 |
[01:14] | Not a peep. | 没有 |
[01:15] | You think we got away with it? | 你觉得我们瞒过去了吗 |
[01:17] | Oh, yeah. Sure. | “当然了” |
[01:18] | They totally bought your nonsense about recapturing the rats | 他们绝对相信了你编的瞎话 什么重新抓住那些 |
[01:22] | that you trained as therapy dogs. | 你当作治疗犬训练的老鼠 |
[01:25] | Well, they were on the fence, | 他们当时将信将疑 |
[01:26] | but I think once they see their little orange vests, we’ve got ’em. | 但是等他们看到它们的小橙色马甲 就会信了 |
[01:30] | Well, just in case, | 但以防万一 |
[01:32] | I’m gonna fix this damn house | 我要修好这个破房子 |
[01:34] | before they decide they need to fix it for us. | 免得他们打算来替我们修 |
[01:38] | We’re gonna make this right, Frankie. | 我们要解决这个问题 弗兰琦 |
[01:40] | – Or our insurance can. – Right. | -或者我们的保险也能 -没错 |
[01:42] | I know I should know this, but do we have insurance? | 我知道我理应清楚这事 但我们有保险吗 |
[01:46] | Yes. We have a lot of insurance. | 有 我们的保险可多了 |
[01:47] | So don’t worry, your ceramic cat-camel is covered. | 所以别担心 你的陶瓷猫骆驼在补偿范围内 |
[01:51] | Good, ’cause I broke it. | 那就好 因为我把它打碎了 |
[01:59] | There’s nothing to be scared of. I’m right here with you. | 没什么好怕的 我就在你身边 |
[02:03] | I’m not scared, I… | 我不害怕 我… |
[02:05] | Shh! I’m talking to the rats. | 嘘 我在和那些老鼠说话 |
[02:08] | Oh. Now I’m scared. | 现在我害怕了 |
[02:12] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[02:14] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈一下 |
[02:15] | I thought we agreed that I was gonna say, “We need to talk.” | 不是说好让我来说”我们得谈一下”吗 |
[02:18] | Okay, wheels are off. I’m out. | 好了 情况失控 我先撤了 |
[02:20] | Don’t move. Just stay there. | 别走 好好坐着 |
[02:23] | I know what’s going on here. | 我知道这是怎么回事 |
[02:26] | Grace, you’re in a safe space, and we love you, | 格蕾丝 这是一个安全空间 我们爱你 |
[02:30] | but your drinking has affected me in the following ways… | 但你的酗酒已经影响到我以下几个方面了… |
[02:33] | This isn’t about my drinking. | 他们不是来谈我饮酒的事 |
[02:35] | So let’s get you a drink. I’ve got it. | 那就给你倒杯酒 我去倒 |
[02:37] | Well, if it’s not her drinking, | 如果不是因为她的饮酒问题 |
[02:39] | I can’t imagine what it could be about. | 我想不到还能因为什么事 |
[02:43] | Remember, this is a safe space. | 要知道 这是一个安全空间 |
[02:46] | Jesus, fuck! | 天 我操 |
[02:48] | Uh, not the physical space, but the emotional space. | 不是指现实空间 而是精神上的 |
[02:51] | Safe emotional space. | 精神上安全的港湾 |
[02:53] | Jesus, fuck. | 天 我操 |
[02:54] | We did a little research last night. | 我们昨晚上网查了一下 |
[02:57] | And we found this checklist online. | 我们找到了一个检查表 |
[02:58] | What is the chase and how do I cut to it? | 怎么才能让你们有话直说 |
[03:00] | It’s just a bunch of things | 上面就是列举了一些 |
[03:01] | to look out for as your parents get older. | 父母上年纪时 应该留意的问题 |
[03:04] | Give me that stupid thing. | 把那个破单子给我 |
[03:09] | “Scars Your Parrots May Be Deadly for Asserted Leaving!” | “主动离开时 将鹦鹉留疤可致命” |
[03:15] | “Signs Your Parents May Be Ready for Assisted Living!” | 是「出现以下迹象时 将父母送进养老院」 |
[03:18] | Oh, God, that’s even worse! | 天呐 那更糟 |
[03:20] | We are not going to assisted living! Are you insane? | 我们才不会进养老院 你们是不是有病 |
[03:24] | Just listen for a second. | 先好好听一下 |
[03:28] | “Are there signs of neglect around the house?” | “家中是否存在缺乏保养修理的地方” |
[03:31] | I don’t see any. | 我没看见 |
[03:33] | Tub comes to mind. | 我想到了浴缸 |
[03:34] | “Has your parent suffered a recent physical setback?” | “父母最近是否出现行动不便的情况” |
[03:38] | This isn’t a cane, it’s a weapon. | 这不是拐杖 这是武器 |
[03:41] | “Have you noticed changes in your parent’s coordination? | “父母的协调能力是否有所改变 |
[03:44] | Have there been unexplained bruises?” | 身上是否出现无法解释的淤青” |
[03:47] | I can explain all my bruises. | 我可以解释全部淤青 |
[03:48] | Tae Bo. Fight with a hammock. | 跆博健身操 从吊床上摔下来 |
[03:51] | Slept on an Oreo. | 不小心踩到了奥利奥 |
[03:52] | I don’t need to sit here and take this. | 我不要坐在这里 受这份屈辱 |
[03:56] | Seems like you do. | 看起来你确实需要 |
[03:59] | “Does your loved one have | “你关爱之人 |
[04:00] | trouble getting up from a seated position?” | 是否坐下后很难站起来” |
[04:03] | Does your loved one have trouble getting her middle finger up? | 你关爱之人是否能够竖中指 |
[04:06] | Nope, works just fine. | 没问题 能竖起来 |
[04:08] | Alright. | 好吧 |
[04:09] | And as I leave you, I am flipping you off with my mind. | 我一边离开 一边用意念对你们竖中指 |
[04:15] | – Let’s go. – I mean, we tried to do it and… | -我们走 -我们尽力了… |
[04:17] | – now whatever happens to them is… – Come on! | -不管现在她们出什么事… -走了 |
[04:20] | How could you even think of putting us in a home? | 你们怎么能考虑把我们送进养老院 |
[04:23] | It’s a retirement community. Like the place Arlene lives. | 那是一个退休社区 就像阿尔琳住的地方 |
[04:26] | Like… exactly the place Arlene lives. | 就是阿尔琳住的那个地方 |
[04:29] | It’s independent living with a lot of help. | 那是独立生活 只是会有人帮助你们 |
[04:32] | Support. We decided to use the word “support.” | 支持 我们说好要用”支持”这个词 |
[04:35] | It’s independent support with a lot of help. | 那是独立支持 但是会有人帮助你们 |
[04:38] | Do you really not see yourselves in some of the things on this list? | 你真不觉得你们符合这上面某些点吗 |
[04:42] | No. | 不觉得 |
[04:43] | And a different checklist would say I’m doing just fine. | 换一张检查表 就会证明我的状态很好 |
[04:46] | Growing as an artist: check. | 不断进步的画家 做到了 |
[04:49] | Finding new things to fondue: check. | 找到奶酪火锅的新食材 做到了 |
[04:51] | Improvising a kick-ass checklist: check-plus. | 现场胡诌一个超棒的检查表 妥妥做到了 |
[04:55] | Yeah. Founded two successful businesses: check. | 没错 创立了两项成功的事业 做到了 |
[04:58] | Didn’t run one of them into the ground: check. | 没把其中一项生意做砸了 做到了 |
[05:01] | Don’t live in a shoe: check. | 没有过着窘迫的生活 做到了 |
[05:04] | We’re concerned about you living out here alone. | 我们就是很担心你们自己住在这里 |
[05:06] | Oh, don’t be. We have each other. | 别担心 我们有彼此 |
[05:10] | Yeah, that really helped | 是啊 那可「真有用」呢 |
[05:11] | when the two of you couldn’t get up off the floor for an entire day. | 你们之前还同时在地板上躺了一整天起不来 |
[05:15] | See, I knew you were gonna hang on to that. | 我就知道你会揪住这事不放 |
[05:17] | Look, we didn’t need a Panic Alert then, | 我们之前不需要紧急求助器 |
[05:20] | and we don’t need to move now. | 现在也不需要进养老院 |
[05:22] | How you can even suggest we leave our home… | 你们怎么能让我们离开自己的家… |
[05:25] | Have you looked at it lately? | 你没看家里都成什么样了吗 |
[05:26] | Oh, God damn it! | 该死的 |
[05:28] | Are you forgetting what this house means to us? | 你们忘记这座房子对我们有什么意义吗 |
[05:31] | This is where we put our lives back together | 你们的同性恋老爸毁了我们的生活后 |
[05:33] | after your dumb gay dads ruined it all. | 我们在这里重新振作起来了 |
[05:36] | Look, look, look, maybe… | 听着 听着 也许… |
[05:37] | we didn’t introduce this idea in the right way. | 我们提议的方式不对 |
[05:39] | You sure as hell didn’t. | 确实不对 |
[05:41] | And the only place I want to be is away from you. | 我唯一想待的地方 就是远离你们 |
[05:46] | Not you though. | 酒例外 |
[05:52] | I’ll go. | 我去 |
[05:55] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:56] | Fuck no! | 当然不是啦 |
[05:58] | God damn it, I don’t know what’s wrong with you! | 该死 你们有什么毛病 |
[06:20] | A certain someone I know has a big smile on his face. | 显然某人很开心啊 |
[06:24] | A certain someone I know put it there. | 是因为某人而开心 |
[06:26] | I guess we should let Roy rub our ears more often. | 看来该让罗伊多摸一下我们的耳朵了 |
[06:32] | I guess we should. | 看来是的 |
[06:34] | Maybe our therapist was onto something | 也许心理医生让我们尝试新事物时 |
[06:36] | when she told us to try new things. | 她是真对症下药了 |
[06:39] | I’ll confess I never thought I’d get such a thrill | 坦白说 我从没想过看别人和你调情 |
[06:43] | watching someone else flirt with you. | 我会这么兴奋 |
[06:45] | I know! | 就是啊 |
[06:46] | 影片讲述一对夫妻 参与秘密性爱舞会 | |
[06:46] | I think I finally understand Eyes Wide Shut. | 我好像终于看懂《大开眼戒》了 |
[06:49] | But how did the mask get on their bed? | 但那个面具怎么出现在他们床上的 |
[06:51] | I don’t know. I didn’t figure everything out. | 不知道 我不是全部都看懂了 |
[06:55] | But I think maybe we figured something out. | 但我们也许琢磨明白了一些事 |
[07:01] | About us. | 我们之间的事 |
[07:05] | Sounds like something we should talk more about… | 听起来我们该多谈一下… |
[07:08] | while you finish making my breakfast. | 但你要先做完我的早餐 |
[07:11] | What? | 什么 |
[07:13] | One good roll in the hay and someone’s a sass machine. | 一次满足的性爱 某人就傲娇无礼起来了 |
[07:17] | I do manufacture sass. Carry on. | 我确实傲娇无礼 继续吧 |
[07:21] | No, just one bite. | 不 就吃一口 |
[07:23] | No, no! No, no! | 别别别 |
[07:25] | No, just one bite! | 别 就一口 |
[07:32] | We know you’re upset, but we did not mean to make you clean. | 我们知道你不开心 但不是让你打扫啊 |
[07:35] | Well, you did. | 而我打扫了 |
[07:37] | Happy now? | 满意了吗 |
[07:38] | – We’re sorry we ambushed you. – But we’re worried about Mom. | -很抱歉没跟你打声招呼 -但我们很担心妈妈 |
[07:53] | Don’t try to butter me up. | 别想哄我了 |
[07:55] | Look, Grace, we both know that you can take care of yourself. | 格蕾丝 我们都知道你能照顾好自己 |
[08:00] | I mean, we were there when that biker parked in your spot. | 有人抢你的车位时 我们见到你怎么应对了 |
[08:02] | But we’re worried about our mom. | 但我们担心我们的妈妈 |
[08:06] | She would never ask for help… | 她绝不会开口求助… |
[08:08] | or admit that she needs any, but she does. | 或是承认自己需要帮助 但她确实需要 |
[08:11] | I know when we hear stories like “Frankie got lost in Mexico,” | 我知道你听到”弗兰琦在墨西哥迷路了”这种事 |
[08:14] | it sounds all cute and funny. | 觉得很好玩 很有趣 |
[08:16] | I know when you hear Mom hit a cop car with a scooter, | 我知道你听到妈用踏板车撞了一辆警车时 |
[08:19] | it sounds absolutely hilarious. | 听起来特别搞笑 |
[08:21] | But it’s not cute or funny. | 但其实不好玩 不好笑 |
[08:23] | It’s scary. | 而是令人心惊 |
[08:24] | And Barry assures me it absolutely was hilarious, | 巴里肯定地告诉我 那很好笑 |
[08:26] | but it’s also bad. | 但也很糟 |
[08:29] | And now, with her other knee, she’s running out of knees. | 现在另一个膝盖出问题了 她要没法走路了 |
[08:35] | What happens if she falls down the stairs? | 万一她摔下楼了呢 |
[08:37] | What if she has another stroke? | 万一她再次中风发作呢 |
[08:38] | She will shatter into a million pieces. | 她那把老骨头会摔散架的 |
[08:40] | Will you be able to scrape her up off the floor? | 你能帮她把骨头都拼起来吗 |
[08:42] | Will you be able to get help all the way out here in time? | 你在这里能及时找人救助她吗 |
[08:45] | If you lived at Walden Villas, help would be right there. | 如果你们住在瓦尔登别墅 马上就会有人来帮忙 |
[08:48] | Whenever she needed it. | 不管她何时需要 |
[08:49] | Day or night. Just a button away. | 无论白天黑夜 一按钮就来 |
[08:51] | Maybe you don’t need to be there, but she does. | 也许你不需要去那里 但她需要 |
[08:55] | And we can’t imagine her going anywhere without you. | 我们没法想象她跟你分开 一个人去任何地方 |
[09:00] | We know that this is a lot to ask. | 我们知道这有些强人所难 |
[09:02] | She came back from Santa Fe for you. | 她为了你 从圣菲回来了 |
[09:04] | But she would never go anywhere without you again. | 但她绝不会再离开你 独自去哪里 |
[09:22] | Come on, girls. We’re going to be late for lunch. | 走吧 两位 午餐要迟到了 |
[09:25] | – I’ll grab our table. – Okay. | -我去占个座 -好 |
[09:30] | How the hell did we get here? | 我们怎么沦落到这里的 |
[09:32] | I think it all started with the tub. | 一切应该都始于那个浴缸 |
[09:37] | Well, thank God for that tub. | 多谢那个浴缸 |
[09:38] | Right? It gave us the nudge we needed. | 对吧 推了我们一把 |
[09:41] | Now we have a tub we can walk into. | 现在我们有了一个能走进去的”浴缸” |
[09:44] | Well, it’s really a shower, but you’re using it as a tub, so… | 就是个喷头浴室 但你当成是浴缸用… |
[09:49] | Oh, that man is waving. | 那个男人在招手 |
[09:53] | Oh, no, he’s choking. | 不 他噎住了 |
[09:54] | Oh, no, he’s waving. | 不 他是在招手 |
[10:03] | Well, we better get to lunch before Howard touches all the food. | 赶紧在霍华德碰过所有食物之前 去吃掉午餐吧 |
[10:13] | You go on without me. | 你自己去吧 |
[10:15] | Again? | 你又不去吗 |
[10:17] | But you’ve only been to the dining hall once. | 但你就只去过食堂一次 |
[10:19] | Everyone’s been asking me if you died. | 大家都一直问我 你是不是死了 |
[10:22] | Well, it’s such a long walk. | 要走太远了 |
[10:23] | Besides I have a ton of emails I have to deal with, | 另外 我还有一堆邮件要处理 |
[10:26] | including a couple from Nick that I’ve been avoiding. | 还有几封尼克的邮件 我一直不想看来着 |
[10:28] | You know, you can’t just move here and not tell him. | 你不能搬来这里 都不跟他说一声 |
[10:31] | He’s been in Japan for two months. | 他已经在日本待了两个月了 |
[10:32] | Maybe he moved there and didn’t tell me. | 也许他都搬过去了 没告诉我 |
[10:34] | Has he pitched my idea for Japants? | 他推销我那个”日本裤”的点子了吗 |
[10:37] | No, and he needs you to stop sending him drawings. | 没有 他还让你别再给他发那些设计图了 |
[10:40] | In fact, that’s what most of his emails are about. | 实际上 他的邮件基本上就是说这事 |
[10:44] | – Oh, God. – Oh, God, what? What? Are you okay? | -天呐 -天呐 怎么了 你没事吧 |
[10:47] | I’m just looking for my blowtorch. | 我就是在找我的喷灯 |
[10:50] | With your eyes shut? | 闭着眼睛找吗 |
[10:52] | I’m trying to visualize where I put it. | 我在回想我把它放哪里了 |
[10:55] | I bet Robert borrowed it when he and Sol came to visit. | 肯定是罗伯特和索尔过来时 罗伯特借走了 |
[10:59] | He kept asking about it. | 他当时一直提来着 |
[11:00] | He kept asking you to not use it near his hair. | 他是一直让你使用时 离他的头发远点 |
[11:03] | Like his hair doesn’t need it. | 就他那个发型 不如烧了 |
[11:05] | I’ll text him. | 我给他发短信 |
[11:06] | Oh, shit, where’s my phone? | 可恶 我手机呢 |
[11:08] | Where’s my phone? Okay. | 我手机在哪儿 好 |
[11:13] | Sorry. My husband cut himself | 抱歉 我丈夫切伤自己了 |
[11:15] | and now he’s bleeding all over the dining room table. | 他的血现在流得满餐桌都是 |
[11:18] | Anyway, what were we just talking about? | 总之 我们之前说什么来着 |
[11:22] | I don’t remember, actually. | 我其实都不记得了 |
[11:23] | And I’m kind of worried about Jeff now. | 我现在有点担心杰夫 |
[11:25] | Oh, therapy. | 心理咨询 |
[11:27] | I’m so glad you guys are processing… or whatever. | 我很高兴你们在解决矛盾之类的 |
[11:31] | Oh, it’s been really helpful. | 帮助很大 |
[11:33] | Our therapist finally has us self-actualizing | 我们的心理医生终于让我们自由发挥 |
[11:36] | as a gay couple. | 探索同性夫夫之道了 |
[11:37] | Yeah, I noticed the Pilobolus poster in your bathroom. | 是啊 我看到卫生间里的皮洛布鲁斯舞团海报了 |
[11:41] | And she helped us unpack why our friend, | 她帮我们分析了为什么我们的朋友 |
[11:44] | Roy, was such a turning point for us. | 罗伊 对我们来说是个转折点 |
[11:47] | We needed to be reminded of all the things we love about each other, | 我们需要记起 我们爱彼此哪一点 |
[11:49] | and Roy did that. | 罗伊帮到我们了 |
[11:51] | He injected something into us that was magical. | 他确实给我们注入[射入]了一些魔力 |
[11:53] | I’ll bet he did. | 我猜也是 |
[11:55] | No, no, no. An open relationship is not for us. | 不不不 开放式关系不适合我们 |
[11:58] | But a relationship with windows | 但明着撩汉子 |
[12:00] | where we can bask in the heat | 让我们一起 |
[12:02] | of the day together when there’s something hot nearby, | 沉浸于激情之中 |
[12:05] | that we can handle. | 我们可以接受 |
[12:08] | You guys have really rooted out | 你们真是发掘出 |
[12:10] | the most un-fun corners of being gay. | 作为同性恋最无趣的部分 |
[12:13] | Frankie just texted me the following: | 弗兰琦给我发短信了 |
[12:15] | “You up?” Question mark. “Blowtorch?” Question mark. | “起床了 问号 喷灯 问号” |
[12:19] | And then a little picture of a black woman praying. | 还有一张黑人大姐祈祷的图片 |
[12:22] | I don’t know, man. | 我看不懂了 |
[12:24] | Everything okay with them? | 她们没事吧 |
[12:26] | They have some stuff going on. | 她们遇到了一些状况 |
[12:28] | They actually moved into a retirement community. | 事实上她们搬去了一个退休社区 |
[12:33] | Sometimes I forget how much older you guys are than I am. | 我有时都忘记你们比我老多少了 |
[12:37] | You laugh, young man, | 你现在得意 年轻人 |
[12:38] | but someday, you will look in the mirror | 但有一天 你会看着镜中的自己 |
[12:40] | and all you will see are the years lost, | 只会看到逝去的年华 |
[12:43] | the dreams deferred and… | 拖延未完的梦想 |
[12:47] | – Roy texted. – Oh! What did he say? | -罗伊来短信了 -他说什么了 |
[12:50] | He’s coming back to town and would like to drop by. | 他回来了 想过来看看我们 |
[12:52] | Oh, my God. Shut up. | 天呐 不是吧 |
[12:55] | – How did he say it? – He was casual. | -语气如何 -很随意 |
[12:56] | Then I think we should be casual back, but funny. | 那我们也该随意地回过去 但要风趣 |
[13:00] | But not too funny. | 但不能太搞笑 |
[13:02] | – You do it. – No, you do it. | -你来发吧 -你发吧 |
[13:03] | I’m uncomfortable. | 我觉得好尴尬 |
[13:07] | Okay, I’ll do it. | 好吧 我来发 |
[13:08] | What should I say? | 我该说什么 |
[13:13] | – Knock, knock. – Come in. | -有人在吗 -进来 |
[13:15] | Hi! It’s Katie! | 嗨 我是凯蒂 |
[13:17] | Hi, Katie. | 嗨 凯蒂 |
[13:22] | What’s going on here, honey? | 这里是什么情况啊 亲 |
[13:24] | I don’t know, Raha. What do you see? | 不知道 拉哈 你看呢 |
[13:27] | I saw you weren’t at lunch. | 我看你没去吃午饭 |
[13:29] | We’ve been missing you in the dining hall. | 一直没怎么见你去食堂 |
[13:31] | Well, you don’t know this about me, but I don’t eat. | 你不了解我这一点 我不吃东西 |
[13:34] | Oh, we have liquid meals | 我们有流质食物 |
[13:36] | available if that’s more comfortable for your body. | 如果这更适合你的身体状况 你可以吃流食 |
[13:38] | I have plenty of liquid meals here, thank you. | 我这里有很多流食 谢谢 |
[13:43] | And, um… I’m sort of busy. | 我现在有点忙 |
[13:47] | Yeah, that’s why I’m here. | 所以我才过来了 |
[13:48] | Residents aren’t allowed to operate businesses out of their apartments. | 住客不允许在自己的公寓里经营生意 |
[13:53] | It’s a zoning thing. | 区域管制 |
[13:56] | But, unfortunately, | 但很可惜 |
[13:57] | there’s no painting allowed outside the art room. | 画室之外 不能作画 |
[14:00] | Art rooms are for dilettantes. | 业余画家才去画室 |
[14:02] | I am a locally-famous artist | 我是当地小有名气的画家 |
[14:04] | who’s been written up in | 我曾多次登上 |
[14:05] | a series of well-respected prison newsletters. | 一份备受推崇的监内报 |
[14:09] | We have a newsletter here, too, | 我们这里也有内部时报 |
[14:10] | but we can’t spotlight residents who don’t follow the rules. | 但我们不能让不守规矩的住户上报 |
[14:14] | I’m not like the other residents. | 我跟其他住户不同 |
[14:16] | I’m just here because of my friend. | 我会来这只是为了我的朋友 |
[14:18] | That’s the thing, I don’t need to follow the rules. | 可问题是 我不需要守规矩 |
[14:20] | I’m just here for my friend, looking after her. | 我会来这都是为了我的朋友 为了照顾她 |
[14:23] | And the only reason I can stand being here | 而我之所以还能容忍待在这里 |
[14:26] | is because I’m running my business. | 是因为我能经营我的生意 |
[14:28] | You know, kind of that thing | 你知道就是类似 |
[14:29] | in between a resident and someone who works here. | 介于住户和这里的工作人员之间的人 |
[14:32] | A visitor? | 来访者吗 |
[14:33] | More of a long-term visitor who eats for two. | 更接近于吃两份餐的长期来访者 |
[14:37] | Basically, an employee. | 基本上 相当于员工 |
[14:39] | But running a business is sort of antithetical | 但在这经营生意多少有些 |
[14:42] | to the whole idea of “Retirement” Community. | 违背”退休”社区的本意 |
[14:45] | Yeah, I’m not a fan of “Retirement” Or “Community.” | 我其实不怎么喜欢退休 或者社区 |
[14:50] | Well, I’m not a fan of working here, | 好吧 我也不怎么喜欢在这工作 |
[14:52] | but Invisaligns don’t pay for themselves | 但我女朋友觉得我需要矫正牙齿 |
[14:54] | and my girlfriend says I need them. | 而牙齿矫治器又不会从天上掉下来 |
[14:58] | So if there are keys that you have that I should have… | 所以如果你有什么钥匙是我该有的… |
[15:02] | Ah, hey, hey. | 等等 |
[15:07] | Raha, are you getting my keys? | 拉哈 你是去拿我的钥匙吗 |
[15:17] | I’m so glad you two decided to join me for this. | 我真开心你们能和我一起来参加活动 |
[15:21] | And what is this class exactly? | 这课到底是要干吗的 |
[15:24] | And what the hell happened to me? | 我是谁 我在哪 发生了什么 |
[15:26] | Well, it’s called “Look Great, Feel Good.” | 这堂课叫做 “精致装扮 美丽心情” |
[15:28] | Currently, I’m neither. | 现在的我和这两条都不搭边 |
[15:30] | Yeah. I mean, I’m fine with the “Look Great.” | 好吧 我倒是对”精致装扮”这条没意见 |
[15:33] | I haven’t felt good since 1992, | 但从1992年开始 我心情就没美丽过 |
[15:36] | but, you know, who cares? I look great. | 不过谁在乎啊 我就是精致本尊 |
[15:38] | Well, you have to admit, these clothes are comfortable. | 但你得承认 这些衣服穿着很舒服 |
[15:41] | Grace, how do your knees feel in those shoes? | 格蕾丝 穿着这种鞋你的膝盖感觉怎么样啊 |
[15:44] | Oh, my knees are fine. My feet feel profound shame. | 我的膝盖还好 但我的脚觉得极其羞耻 |
[15:48] | If you really wanted a new outfit, I would’ve taken you shopping. | 如果你真想要身新行头 我可以带你去购物 |
[16:00] | Hiya, Kooky. | 你好 怪人 |
[16:06] | Thanks for telling me about this, by the way. | 顺便说一句 谢谢你记得通知我这件事 |
[16:08] | I’m sorry, but everything just happened so fast | 抱歉 但所有事都发生得太快了 |
[16:11] | and you were away. | 而你又正好出差走了 |
[16:13] | And the upstairs tub fell into the kitchen | 楼上的浴缸又掉进了厨房里 |
[16:15] | and everything just got worse from there. | 从那之后所有事都变得一团糟 |
[16:18] | – It was the water damage, right? – Yeah. | -是因为漏水 对吧 -没错 |
[16:20] | I’ll call my guy. | 我找人来修 |
[16:21] | It’s a little late for that. | 那可已经有点晚了 |
[16:22] | The kids put the house on the market. | 孩子们已经在出售房子了 |
[16:24] | What? You love that place. | 什么 你可喜欢那房子了 |
[16:27] | I… I can’t think about it. | 我 我不想细想这事 |
[16:29] | I can have it fixed. | 我能把房子修好 |
[16:31] | It’s not just about fixing a house. | 不光是修好房子的问题 |
[16:35] | Frankie couldn’t live there anymore. And I couldn’t leave her. | 弗兰琦不能再住在那了 而我又不能丢下她 |
[16:40] | So get a cute craftsman with a little basement for her to haunt. | 那就给她介绍一个有小地下室的萌系手艺人呗 |
[16:43] | You know something? The truth is, | 可你知道吗 事实上 |
[16:45] | the house was getting too much for me, too. | 那栋房子也让我有心理阴影了 |
[16:48] | I hired a contractor and he ripped me off. | 我雇了个承包商 他把我坑了 |
[16:50] | Oh, so what? They all do. | 那又怎么样 他们都这样 |
[16:51] | No, this is different. He scammed me. | 不 这次不一样 他骗走了我的钱 |
[16:54] | I never would have fallen for that crap before. | 我以前是绝不会信那种鬼话的 |
[16:56] | So we’ll call a lawyer. | 那我们就找个律师 |
[16:57] | If that doesn’t work, I’ll call a hit man. | 要是法律解决不了 我就找个职业杀手去 |
[16:59] | I never said that. I did say that. | 我没说过那话 我确实说过 |
[17:02] | You’re not understanding, Nick. | 你还是不明白 尼克 |
[17:05] | It’s not understandable! | 这压根没法弄明白啊 |
[17:07] | I come back to town and you are in a home! | 我回来找你 而你却进了养老院 |
[17:10] | This is a retirement community! | 这只是个退休社区 |
[17:13] | What difference does it make? You don’t belong here. | 这两者有什么不同 你不属于这里 |
[17:16] | Look, I may be here a little early, | 听着 我可能是来得早了点 |
[17:18] | but I’m gonna end up here anyway. | 但无论如何我最后都会来这的 |
[17:19] | I have explained this trajectory to you before. | 我之前跟你解释过我的生命轨迹 |
[17:22] | Repeatedly! | 很多遍了 |
[17:24] | And has it given me pause even for one second? | 但这可曾让我有过一秒的犹豫吗 |
[17:26] | Well, it seems like it is now. | 好吧 现在看起来快有了 |
[17:28] | No. No, no, don’t put this on me. I don’t care where you live. | 不 别赖在我身上 我才不管你住在哪 |
[17:32] | We can still do all the same things we talked about. | 我们照样能完成所有我们说过要做的事 |
[17:34] | Chartering a boat, sailing to Peru. | 租一艘船 开船去秘鲁 |
[17:37] | And then what, climbing Machu Picchu? | 那之后干吗 爬马丘比丘山吗 |
[17:39] | I can’t even climb Mount St. The Stairs. | 我连楼梯都爬不了了 |
[17:41] | So we’ll do Istanbul and jet-ski on the Bosphorus. | 那去伊斯坦布尔的博斯普鲁斯海峡玩喷气滑水 |
[17:46] | Now this is where you say, “Istanbul, yes, jet-skiing, no.” | 现在你该说 伊斯坦布尔行 喷气滑水没门 |
[17:50] | And then I say, “Fine, | 然后我说 好吧 |
[17:51] | I didn’t want to leave the Four Seasons anyway.” | 反正我也没想真的离开四季酒店 |
[17:56] | I’m sorry, Nick. I can’t play this game anymore. | 抱歉 尼克 我没法再继续这种游戏了 |
[18:05] | Is this another test? Because you know me, Grace. | 这又是考验吗 因为你了解我的 格蕾丝 |
[18:09] | I’ll buy the whole damn place and move in right next to you! | 我会买下这个地方 然后搬到你隔壁 |
[18:16] | This place isn’t for you, Nick. | 这不是你该待的地方 尼克 |
[18:28] | Well, my college roommate was an art major, | 我大学的室友就是美术专业的 |
[18:30] | and he said they needed a model for his drawing class. | 他有次说 他的绘画课需要一个模特 |
[18:33] | What he neglected to tell me… | 但他忘记告诉我的是 |
[18:34] | Was that you’d be nude. | 你必须得脱个精光 |
[18:36] | I think it was a ploy to get in my pants. | 我觉得这就是勾引我上床的诡计 |
[18:39] | You and I had very different college experiences. | 你和我的大学经历截然不同 |
[18:42] | How often did you eat soup in a blazer? | 你多常会穿夹克喝汤 |
[18:44] | I modeled nude for Frankie once. | 我有一次给弗兰琦当人体模特 |
[18:47] | I caught pneumonia and almost died. | 结果我得了肺炎 差点死了 |
[18:49] | Sad, Sol. | 太惨了 索尔 |
[18:50] | Still have the drawing Frankie did of you? | 你还有弗兰琦给你画的那幅素描吗 |
[18:52] | Painting. And somewhere, yes. | 是油画 放在某个地方了 是的 |
[18:55] | I’d like to see it sometime. | 我希望有机会能看看 |
[19:00] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[19:03] | Back in the day, I was first runner-up | 年轻的时候 我是首个 |
[19:05] | in a James Dean look-alike contest. | 在影星詹姆斯·迪恩相似赛中获得亚军的人 |
[19:08] | Actually, the winner was disqualified | 事实上冠军被取消资格了 |
[19:10] | when it was revealed he and Dean were distant cousins. So, I won. | 因为他和迪恩其实是远亲 所以我赢了 |
[19:15] | You know, I can just picture you with your floppy hair. | 我能想象蓬松着头发的你是什么样子 |
[19:25] | – Boy, it’s late. – It’s not even five. | -天呐 太晚了 -还没到5点呢 |
[19:28] | But you said you had that thing you had to get to. | 可你说过你有事要去忙 |
[19:30] | Oh, I lied to sound fancy. | 我那是为了装逼才撒的谎 |
[19:32] | Well, it was nice seeing you either way. | 不管怎样都很高兴见到你 |
[19:36] | Are you guys trying to get rid of me? | 你们这是在赶我走吗 |
[19:38] | No, no, this was so much fun. | 当然不是 跟你聊天很有意思 |
[19:40] | – Is this because I touched your hair? – No. We liked that. | -因为我摸了你头发吗 -不 我们喜欢那样 |
[19:43] | – We? – Not we, he liked it. I liked watching it. | -我们 -不 是他喜欢 我只喜欢看 |
[19:47] | You like watching? | 你喜欢看着 |
[19:48] | No! Yes. Well, no. | 不是 对 也不算啦 |
[19:53] | It’s okay. I think I get it. | 没关系 我想我明白了 |
[19:55] | I mean, I’ve never been used quite like this before, but, um… | 我还从没像今天这样被利用过 但 |
[20:01] | that is what’s happening here, right? | 我理解的应该没有错 对吗 |
[20:06] | God, Roy, we didn’t mean to use you. | 天呐 罗伊 我们不是故意利用你的 |
[20:09] | I know. Boo-hoo for the guy with five percent body fat. | 我懂 为这个体脂率只有5的家伙默哀三秒 |
[20:11] | Is it that low? Oh… | 有那么低吗 |
[20:15] | I think I should go. | 我想我该走了 |
[20:19] | No, Roy, wait. Please. | 不 罗伊 请留步 |
[20:22] | This isn’t us. | 我们不是这种人 |
[20:24] | We feel terrible. | 我们感觉糟透了 |
[20:25] | It’s just that… we’ve been in therapy, see, and… | 只是 我们最近在接受心理治疗 |
[20:27] | – And it’s been a disaster. – Yes. | -但那简直就是场灾难 -是的 |
[20:29] | And our therapist is clinically insane. | 我们的咨询师简直是疯了 |
[20:31] | We’ve been really unhappy with her. | 我们对她很有意见 |
[20:33] | – She doesn’t take our insurance. – Parking’s a nightmare. | -她都不让我们用医疗保险 -停车都没地 |
[20:36] | – So whatever’s happening here… – It’s her fault. | -所以今天所发生的的一切 -都是她的错 |
[20:38] | So please stay for dinner and let us prove that we’re normal. | 求你留下吃晚饭 让我们证明我们是正常人 |
[20:41] | If you leave, she wins. | 你要是走了 她就赢了 |
[20:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:49] | All right. Look, I’m not gonna lie. | 好吧 听着 实话实说 |
[20:51] | I saw the pork chops in your fridge, and I want ’em bad. | 我之前看到你们冰箱里的猪排了 我超想吃 |
[20:58] | I’m so sorry, honey. | 我真的很抱歉 亲爱的 |
[21:01] | You want me to go beat him up for you? | 你需要我帮你去揍他一顿吗 |
[21:03] | I’ve been taking chair-karate. | 我最近一直用椅子练习空手道 |
[21:05] | If you can get him seated, I can take him. | 如果你能让他坐下来 我绝对能揍扁他 |
[21:08] | No, thank you. | 不必了 谢谢 |
[21:09] | You know what this situation needs? | 你知道这种情况下应该干什么吗 |
[21:10] | – Don’t say fondue. – Fondue. | -千万别说奶酪火锅 -吃奶酪火锅 |
[21:13] | – You know what’s good in fondue? – Nothing. | -你知道奶酪火锅里加什么最好吃 -空气 |
[21:16] | Where’s my fondue pot? | 我奶酪火锅的锅哪去了 |
[21:18] | Isn’t it where you left it? Stuck to the counter? | 不在原来你放着的地方吗 柜子上面 |
[21:20] | – No! – Oh, it was probably confiscated. | -没有 -那可能是被没收了 |
[21:24] | – What? – Because of the open flame. | -什么 -因为这里不让用明火 |
[21:26] | It’s a whole liability thing. | 就是怕出事什么的 |
[21:28] | But cold fondue is just Velveeta. | 可没火的奶酪火锅就只是奶酪啦 |
[21:31] | It’s in your contract. | 都写在你的合同里 |
[21:32] | The employees reserve the right to remove any item deemed | 只要他们认为可能对住户有安全隐患 |
[21:36] | too dangerous for the residents. | 就有权没收任何物品 |
[21:38] | But they can’t just steal our stuff. | 但他们不能就这样偷我们的东西 |
[21:40] | Oh, they don’t steal it, | 他们不是偷 |
[21:41] | they put it into a storage closet for safekeeping. | 他们会把东西放到一个储物柜里妥善保管 |
[21:43] | And when you die, your family gets it back. | 等你死了之后 你的家人就可以拿回去了 |
[21:46] | Where is this closet? | 那个储物柜在哪 |
[21:54] | Take away a man’s bong, you take away his dignity. | 拿走男人的水烟斗 就相当于拿走他的尊严 |
[21:58] | Waffle irons are dangerous? | 烤华夫饼锅也算危险物品 |
[22:00] | They certainly can be. | 它们当然是潜在危险品 |
[22:01] | Have I ever told you the true story of how my yurt exploded? | 我有没告诉过你我的蒙古包爆炸的真相 |
[22:05] | No, you always get so frustrated | 没有 你总是被自我阻碍 |
[22:07] | by your own interruptions, you give up. | 弄得很沮丧 然后你就放弃了 |
[22:10] | It was President’s Day, and the humidity was… | 那天是总统纪念日 当天的湿度是 |
[22:14] | That’s my fondue pot! | 那是我的奶酪火锅 |
[22:16] | Hey, is this your blowtorch? | 这是你的喷灯吗 |
[22:19] | Portia. | 波西亚 |
[22:20] | Oh, my God. Those fascists kidnapped her. | 我的天 这帮法西斯居然绑架了她 |
[22:23] | I know. This is bullshit. Let’s get out of here. | 同感 这真是胡扯 我们赶快离开这里 |
[22:26] | Oh, we could use a new toaster. | 我们可以来个新的烤面包机 |
[22:29] | No, no, we can’t. It’s against the rules. | 不 我们不能这样 那会破坏规矩的 |
[22:32] | Well, of course it is. | 当然会破坏规矩了 |
[22:33] | There’s a rule for everything in this damn place. | 这个鬼地方什么都有规矩 |
[22:35] | I know. I can’t birth my art where it demands to be born. | 同感 我都不能在艺术应该诞生的地方创作 |
[22:39] | Do you know they will not let us run Vybrant in our apartment? | 你知道他们不让我们在公寓里经营”活力振动棒”吗 |
[22:44] | Are we still doing that? | 我们还在经营吗 |
[22:46] | Yes! | 当然 |
[22:48] | All these dumb rules. | 这些蠢到家的规矩 |
[22:50] | You know where they don’t have dumb rules? | 你知道在哪才没有这些蠢到家的规矩吗 |
[22:53] | Our house. | 我们的房子里 |
[22:54] | Well, yeah, but you can’t go there. | 说得没错 但你不能回去 |
[22:56] | What do you mean, I can’t go there? | 你什么意思 我不能回去 |
[22:59] | Well, because… | 因为 |
[23:01] | You know why. | 你知道原因的 |
[23:02] | Oh, right. I’m sorry. | 对哦 我很抱歉 |
[23:05] | Because of you. | 是因为你 |
[23:06] | Because of me?! No, it’s because of you. | 因为我 不 都是因为你 |
[23:09] | No, I came here for you. | 不 我是为了你才来这 |
[23:12] | Because you’re a porcelain figurine. | 因为你就是一个瓷娃娃 |
[23:14] | I came here for you, because you’re Mrs. Magoo. | 我是为了你才来这 因为你近视到家了 |
[23:17] | But I’ve always been Mrs. Magoo. | 但我一直都是近视眼啊 |
[23:19] | Yeah, and I haven’t shattered yet. | 是啊 我也还没摔散呢 |
[23:21] | I mean, if a part falls off, just glue it back on. | 就算有一部分掉下来了 也可以粘回去 |
[23:24] | Oh, my God. | 老天爷 |
[23:27] | We have been Parent Trapped. | 我们掉进了孩子们设的圈套 |
[23:30] | It made so much sense when the kids laid it out. | 孩子们解释的时候 我还觉得挺有道理 |
[23:34] | Boy, I’d like to lay them out. | 我也要给他们设圈套 |
[23:35] | I’d like to see you do it, too. | 我也想看你这么干 |
[23:39] | Did you really come here for me? | 你真的是为了我才来这的吗 |
[23:42] | Of course. | 当然 |
[23:44] | I knew you’d do the same for me. | 我知道你也会为了我做同样的事情 |
[23:47] | And you did. | 而你也真的做了 |
[23:51] | Well, since we came here for each other, | 既然我们是为了彼此才来这的 |
[23:55] | can we leave for each other? | 那我们能为了彼此再离开这吗 |
[23:59] | Done. | 成交 |
[24:03] | – What are you doing? – This. | -你在干什么 -按这个 |
[24:06] | What is taking so long? | 怎么这么久了还没来 |
[24:09] | If it were really an emergency, I’d be way dead. | 如果真要突发意外的话 我早就死透了 |
[24:12] | Yeah. Oh, shh. Here he comes. | 没错 嘘 他来了 |
[24:14] | Oh, good. It’s the dumb, handsy one. | 太好了 是那个毛手毛脚的蠢货 |
[24:22] | Just arriving at the No-No Room. Stand by. | 刚刚抵达禁入房间 准备行动 |
[24:26] | Go. Go. Go. Go. | 上 上 上 |
[24:27] | Uh-uh-uh-uh. I’m driving. | 等等 我来开车 |
[24:29] | You’ve got a history with carts. | 你可有开电动车的黑历史 |
[24:31] | – Yeah, you’re famously such a good driver. – Well, thank you. | -是啊 你才是出名的靠谱司机 -谢谢了 |
[24:35] | – Do you know how to use this? – Yes. Sort of. | -你知道怎么开吗 -知道 可能吧 |
[24:41] | Yeah, I do. | 我还真会开 |
[24:45] | Oh, this is great! | 这真是太棒了 |
[24:47] | Okay, here we go. | 好咧 我们出发 |
[24:51] | Ma’ams, you need to sign those out! | 女士们 你们得签字才能带走那些 |
[24:52] | We don’t have to do a freaking thing! | 我们什么都不必做 |
[24:54] | – Go that way. – I will after I go this way. Wait. | -走那边 -等我先拐个弯 等等 |
[24:58] | Hey, this thing has a great turning radius. | 这小车的转弯半径可真大 |
[25:01] | I’m calling Consumer Reports. | 我要打电话给”消费者报告” |
[25:03] | Oh, God, not now. | 天呐 别现在打啊 |
[25:06] | You know what’s hard to say when you’re drunk? | 你知道喝醉了发什么音很难吗 |
[25:09] | Arnold Palmer. | 阿诺德·帕尔默 |
[25:12] | Arnol Plammer. | 阿诺诺·帕拉默 |
[25:15] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[25:17] | It’s just tea and lemonade. Big whoop. | 只是喝了点茶和柠檬汁 没什么大不了的 |
[25:22] | Speaking of more wine, where is Roy with the scotch? | 说到更多酒 罗伊带着苏格兰威士忌去哪了 |
[25:28] | Posthaste with the Roy, scotch! | 快拿罗伊回来 苏格兰威士忌 |
[25:33] | You take that neat… | 你们是要喝纯威士忌呢 |
[25:35] | or on the rocks? | 还是要加冰呢 |
[26:00] | Go that way. | 往那边点 |
[26:01] | – No, I was wrong, go that way. – Oh, God. | -不 我弄错了 往这边 -天呐 |
[26:04] | No, that was too far, you gotta go back a little that way. | 不 过去太多了 你们得再回来点 |
[26:07] | – And then to the left. – Okay, are you messing with us? | -然后再往左点 -好吧 你在耍我们吗 |
[26:12] | But you do have to go to the right. That… | 但你们真得再往右一点 |
[26:13] | Where the hell did you guys park? | 你们把车给停哪了 |
[26:14] | Because like nine people yelled at me. | 刚刚至少有9个人冲我大吼 |
[26:16] | – Where’s the letter from the court? – It’s in the cake. | -法院那封信在哪 -在蛋糕里啊 |
[26:20] | That’s right. There’s a series of clues… | 没错 然后我们设置一系列线索… |
[26:21] | – Oh, fuck this family! – Kidding! I’m kidding! | -这家人真见鬼 -开玩笑的 我开玩笑的 |
[26:26] | Where the hell are they? | 她们跑到哪去了 |
[26:31] | Come on. Floor it, Frankie! | 快点 把油门踩到底 弗兰琦 |
[26:33] | I’ve been flooring it the whole while. | 我一直把踩油门踩到底了 |
[26:34] | This is as fast as it goes. | 它最快就这个速度了 |
[26:36] | Look, we’re almost there! | 看 我们快到了 |
[26:39] | Ocean, here I come! Oh, God. | 大海啊 我来啦 天呐 |
[26:45] | So close. | 就差那么一点 |
[26:47] | I guess we’re walking. | 我看我们还是步行吧 |
[26:50] | Come on. Ugh. | 走吧 |
[26:58] | What are we gonna do about the cart? | 那这辆车怎么办 |
[27:00] | What cart? I don’t see a cart. | 什么车 我可没看见有车 |
[27:05] | Wait. | 等我 |
[27:07] | Come on. | 快来 |
[27:09] | Am I wrong to never want to talk to our kids again? | 我再也不想跟孩子们说话了 是不是不对 |
[27:11] | – We’re gonna punish ’em for this. – Yeah, how? | -我们就得惩罚他们 -没错 怎么罚 |
[27:13] | You can go back into business with Brianna. | 你可以回去跟布丽安娜一起工作 |
[27:16] | That would punish her. | 那她可惨了 |
[27:17] | And you can de-alphabetize Bud’s cookbook collection. | 那你可以把巴德按字母顺序排列的食谱全打乱 |
[27:20] | – That would punish him. – What do we do with the other two? | -肯定有效果 -那剩下的两个我们怎么办 |
[27:22] | She’s got a million kids | 她已经有那么多孩子了 |
[27:23] | and he lives in a shoe. | 而他蜗居在一个小房子里 |
[27:25] | They’re punishing themselves. | 他们已经在自我惩罚了 |
[27:30] | It’s not a race. | 这又不是在比赛 |
[27:32] | That’s loser talk. | 失败者才那么说呢 |
[27:44] | Home. | 回家了 |
[27:48] | What were we thinking? | 我们之前是脑子进水了吗 |
[28:04] | Turn it back around. | 快把它转回去 |