时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:53] | Frankie. Frankie, where are my keys? | 弗兰琦 我的钥匙去哪儿了 |
[00:56] | Where we hang the oven mitts. | 在挂烤箱手套那里 |
[00:58] | Well, then where are the oven mitts? | 那烤箱手套在哪儿 |
[01:01] | Joan-Margaret put them in the freezer to make arthritis mitts. | 琼-玛格丽特把它们放进冰箱做关节炎手套了 |
[01:04] | She called it a “life hack.” | 她把这称作”生活小窍门” |
[01:05] | Well, she’s really been hacking my life to pieces these days. | 她最近确实把我的生活帮得一团糟 |
[01:10] | Did she at least get more coffee? | 她至少帮忙买了咖啡吧 |
[01:12] | I don’t know. Let me check. | 不确定 我看看 |
[01:17] | No. Listen to this | 没有 来听听这个 |
[01:18] | next to paper towels, she’s just written no. | 在纸巾边上 她仅仅写了个「没」 |
[01:22] | A classic J.M. riddle. | 一个典型的琼氏谜语 |
[01:24] | What do you think it means? | 你觉得这是什么意思 |
[01:25] | I think it means you’re doing errands today. | 我觉得意思是你今天要跑腿了 |
[01:27] | -That’s not a fun riddle! -Okay, how about… | -这个谜语可不好笑 -好吧 那这样呢 |
[01:32] | What’s swaddled in tie-dye | 被扎染的长条布包裹着 |
[01:34] | and going to the grocery store and the pharmacy? | 然后去杂货店和药房的是什么 |
[01:37] | David Crosby. | 大卫·克罗斯比 |
[01:38] | A cool baby. | 一个酷宝宝 |
[01:39] | My lost Tamagotchi. | 我弄丢的拓麻歌子 |
[01:41] | Frankie, I’m down to my last three pills, which means so are you. | 弗兰琦 我只剩三片药了 你也是 |
[01:45] | Joke’s on you, I have been out of pills for days. | 被打脸的是你 我好几天都没药可吃了 |
[01:48] | No, you haven’t, because I crushed them up in your cereal. | 不 你吃了 我碾碎放进你的麦片了 |
[01:51] | I thought my blood felt strangely thin. | 我就觉得最近血液浓度大大降低呢 |
[01:54] | Look, I’ve got work. Somebody has to get this done. | 我有工作要做 总得有人搞定这些 |
[01:57] | But I just got three seconds added to a traffic light. | 但我刚让绿灯延长了三秒呢 |
[02:00] | I shouldn’t get a list of chores. | 我不该得到一张家务杂事单 |
[02:02] | I should get a giant key | 尊贵的我应该干大事 |
[02:04] | to the city to open giant doors… | 用巨大的钥匙打开巨大的城门 |
[02:06] | to let in more justice. | 让更多的正义进入城市 |
[02:08] | We’re also out of cookie butter. | 我们的曲奇黄油也吃完了 |
[02:11] | On my way. | 这就去 |
[02:17] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[02:19] | Thought you were taking a walk. | 我以为你是去散步的 |
[02:21] | I did. | 是啊 |
[02:22] | I walked to the car, I walked into the donut shop– | 我走到车边上 走进甜甜圈店 |
[02:25] | What about your diet? You were doing so great. | 你不节食了吗 你之前坚持得很好啊 |
[02:27] | Yes, well, that was when I thought I was playing Don Quixote… | 那是我以为我要演堂吉诃德的时候 |
[02:31] | before Peter betrayed me. | 在皮特背叛我之前 |
[02:33] | Now I’m Sancho, the plump and jolly sidekick. | 我现在是那个肥胖快乐的侍从桑丘 |
[02:37] | These dogs used to be plump and jolly… | 这些狗也曾经肥胖快乐 |
[02:40] | before their humans betrayed them. | 在主人背叛它们之前 |
[02:44] | You know, I agreed to get a dog because you miss Norman so much. | 我之所以同意养狗 是因为你太想念诺曼了 |
[02:48] | Why don’t you get a Norman? | 你何不自己养一只诺曼 |
[02:50] | Wow. | 哇 |
[02:51] | Good idea, right? | 好主意 对吧 |
[02:52] | No. That “wow” was short for | 不 那声”哇”的意思是 |
[02:54] | “I can’t believe you’d think I’m the kind of monster | 「我不敢相信你会认为我是个冷血的禽兽 |
[02:56] | who would buy a dog from a breeder | 明明有那么多需要一个家的流浪犬 |
[02:58] | when there are millions of rescues who need homes.” | 我竟然还要去育狗师那里买一只新的」 |
[03:03] | That’s what “wow” is short for? | 那是”哇”的完整意思吗 |
[03:05] | I guess I’ve been using it wrong all these years. | 看来我这么多年都用错这个词了 |
[03:08] | Look at Robinson. | 看看鲁滨逊 |
[03:10] | He was left in a dumpster. | 它被遗弃在垃圾箱里 |
[03:12] | And Cadillac’s owners died. | 凯迪拉克的主人死了 |
[03:14] | Who’s gonna take a geriatric Pit Bull? | 谁愿意接受一只年老的比特斗牛犬呢 |
[03:18] | And how about brave little Cissy? | 还有勇敢的小希茜 |
[03:21] | She had half her teeth removed… | 它失去了一半的牙齿 |
[03:24] | but she’s still smiling. | 可它依然在微笑 |
[03:25] | Sweetheart, just pick a dog. Any dog. | 亲爱的 选一只吧 随便哪只 |
[03:28] | You can’t keep doing this to yourself or me. | 你不能再这样折磨自己或我了 |
[03:30] | But mainly you. But also me. | 当然主要是你 但是也折磨我 |
[03:33] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[03:34] | I’ll try to narrow it down. | 我会试着筛选一下 |
[03:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[03:38] | Oh, God! | 天呐 |
[03:39] | Biscuit was just found in a Costco parking lot. | 小饼干在好市多的停车场被发现 |
[03:42] | He was drinking from a tipped-over can of Fanta! | 它正从翻倒的芬达罐里喝水 |
[03:59] | Excuse me… sir. | 打扰一下 先生 |
[04:00] | Excuse me, are you Coyote Bergstein? | 打扰一下 你是卡奥迪·伯格斯丁吗 |
[04:03] | The one and only, except for that one in Toronto that I– | 仅此一个 除了多伦多那… |
[04:16] | – Were there any other questions? -When they say, | -还有什么问题吗 -如果这上面写 |
[04:18] | “It could cause murderous thoughts,” what are the odds? | “可能引起杀人的念头” 这概率多大 |
[04:22] | Can you believe this amateur? | 你敢相信他这么无知吗 |
[04:24] | Most people take that list of side effects | 大多数人会直接拿出副作用清单 |
[04:27] | and throw it out when they get home. | 并且在回家的路上扔掉 |
[04:29] | Ma’am, I need you to honor the privacy zone in front of the footprints. | 女士 麻烦您尊重一下脚印前的隐私区 |
[04:32] | Of course. Sorry. | 当然 抱歉 |
[04:34] | I’m so sorry about that. | 我向您表示歉意 |
[04:35] | So, what are you in for? Lipitor? Fosamax? | 你们要买什么 立普妥 福善美 |
[04:39] | -Januvia. -Warfarin. | -捷诺维 -杀鼠灵 |
[04:41] | Been there, took that. | 我也有过同样的经历 |
[04:43] | So, this is what we do now? | 现在就成这样了吗 |
[04:44] | Wait in line to get pills that | 排着队买药 |
[04:47] | keep us well enough to wait in more lines? | 吃完让我们能有体力排更多的队 |
[04:49] | Third prescription this week. | 这是我这周的第三张处方 |
[04:52] | You do this three times a week? How do you stand it? | 一周来三次 你怎么受得了[站着] |
[04:55] | I don’t. I sit it. | 我不”站” 我坐着等 |
[05:01] | Look, I love magic as much as the next guy, but… | 听着 我和任何人一样喜欢奇迹 但是… |
[05:05] | I have better things to do with my time. | 有这时间 我有更好的事可做 |
[05:07] | Me too. I’m missing my stories. | 我也是 我可以继续看故事 |
[05:09] | I could be with my granddaughter. | 我可以去陪我孙女 |
[05:11] | I don’t really have anything else going on. | 我没什么别的可做 |
[05:32] | Just for the record, I’m ignoring you. You’re not ignoring me. | 声明一下 是我在无视你 不是你在无视我 |
[05:38] | Interesting choice. | 有意思 |
[05:39] | Ignoring me by running over here and telling me you’re ignoring me. | 你跑过来告诉我你正在无视我 |
[05:42] | Want to see how I do it? | 想知道我怎么做吗 |
[05:46] | Thought we were ignoring each other. | 我以为我们在无视对方 |
[05:48] | Well, you seem really torn up about that. | 你似乎对此相当不爽呢 |
[05:50] | What the hell is your problem? | 你什么毛病 |
[05:52] | My problem is the Penelope Cruz knockoff I met | 大概是因为遇到了那个去你顶层公寓的 |
[05:56] | on her way to your penthouse. | 山寨版的佩内洛普·克鲁兹 |
[05:58] | You went to my penthouse? Why? | 你去了我的顶层公寓 为什么 |
[06:00] | Because… | 因为 |
[06:02] | Because Frankie thought you bought the beach house. | 因为弗兰琦以为是你买下了海滨别墅 |
[06:06] | And you were coming over to yell at me for that? | 所以你本打算过去吼我吗 |
[06:08] | ‘Cause that’s our problem. | 这就是我们的问题所在 |
[06:09] | You yelling at me for things people shouldn’t get yelled at for. | 你总为一些本不该吼的事吼我 |
[06:12] | No. That is not our problem. | 不 那才不是我们的问题所在 |
[06:13] | Our problem is, how could you sleep with someone so quickly? | 我们的问题是 你怎么能那么快就跟别人上床了 |
[06:16] | What makes you so sure I slept with her? | 你凭什么确定我跟她上床了 |
[06:19] | Didn’t you? | 你没有吗 |
[06:20] | We all mourn in different ways. | 每个人哀悼感情的方式不同 |
[06:23] | – Unbelievable. -You know what’s unbelievable? | -难以置信 -你知道最让人难以置信的是什么吗 |
[06:25] | For a moment, I actually considered | 曾经有那么片刻 我真的考虑过 |
[06:27] | buying Walden Villas to be with you. | 买下瓦尔登别墅和你在一起 |
[06:29] | But old people complain too much. | 但是老年人太爱投诉了 |
[06:31] | You want quiet tenants and nice profits? | 你想要安静的租客和不错的收益吗 |
[06:33] | Buy a minimum security prison near D.C. | 去买华盛顿特区附近的低防卫监狱吧 |
[06:36] | How can you make jokes? | 你怎么还有心情开玩笑 |
[06:38] | Do you have any idea how I felt when I saw that girl? | 你知道我看到那女孩时的感受吗 |
[06:41] | I mean, we had just broken up. | 我们才刚刚分手啊 |
[06:43] | Let’s be clear. “We” didn’t break up. | 搞清楚一点 不是”我们”分手 |
[06:45] | You broke up with me which you’d been trying to do for months. | 是你要和我分手 过去几个月你一直试图这么做 |
[06:49] | -That’s not true. -Yes, it is. | -不是这样的 -就是这样的 |
[06:51] | I tried every possible way to show you | 我想尽办法向你证明 |
[06:54] | how much I wanted to be with you. | 我有多希望和你在一起 |
[06:55] | That I didn’t care about the age difference. | 我不在乎年龄差距 |
[06:58] | You’re the one who couldn’t let it go. | 是你一直纠结这点 无法放下 |
[07:00] | So, congratulations. You did it. | 所以恭喜 你成功了 |
[07:05] | You finally pushed me away. | 你终于把我推开了 |
[07:14] | Come on, I have somewhere to be. | 拜托 我还有地方要去 |
[07:16] | Let the older folks go ahead. | 让老人优先嘛 |
[07:19] | What would Wolverine do for an older Wolverine? | 金刚狼会怎么对待老去的金刚狼 |
[07:22] | I have no idea. I abhor tent-pole movies. | 我不知道 我讨厌商业大片 |
[07:26] | You’ve got young legs, you can stand longer than us. | 你有年轻强健的腿 你能比我们站更久 |
[07:30] | I need my Accutane. | 我需要爱优痛[青春痘特效药] |
[07:31] | I’m not going to NYU a virgin. | 我不想去纽约大学上学时还是个处男 |
[07:34] | Yes, you are. | 你会的 |
[07:37] | This is taking forever. | 这队永远也排不完 |
[07:39] | Could you ask them to start another line? | 你能让他们再开一个柜台吗 |
[07:41] | No. I’m a security guard. | 不行 我是个保安 |
[07:43] | But you have any idea what it’s like | 但你知道 |
[07:45] | to stand in one place all day | 站在同个地方一整天 |
[07:47] | but not go anywhere? | 哪儿都不能去的感受吗 |
[07:49] | Yes. I’m a security guard. | 能啊 我是个保安 |
[07:58] | It’s okay. I was here before. | 没问题啊 我之前就站在这里 |
[08:00] | Yes, but you left, and you didn’t ask anyone to save your place. | 但你离开了 而且没叫任何人帮你留个位 |
[08:04] | You heard me, “Save my place”, right? | 你听到我说”帮我留个位”了 对吧 |
[08:10] | You’re gonna leave NYU a virgin, too. | 你从纽约大学毕业时还会是个处男 |
[08:21] | -That’s a beautiful dog. -Oh, thanks. | -好漂亮的狗狗 -谢谢 |
[08:24] | He’s Harry. I’m Audrey. | 它叫哈里 我叫奥德丽 |
[08:25] | Sol. | 我叫索尔 |
[08:27] | Harry, say hello to Sol. | 哈里 跟索尔打个招呼 |
[08:32] | Which dog is yours? | 哪只狗是你的 |
[08:34] | Rascal’s pretty shy. | 拉斯科相当害羞 |
[08:35] | He likes to do his business on the other side of the park. | 它喜欢在公园的另一边解决大小便 |
[08:38] | They’re real sticklers about going off-leash here. | 这里对于不牵着狗绳让狗乱跑管得很严 |
[08:41] | Get him if you don’t want a fine. | 你该把它找回来 免得被罚款 |
[08:42] | I would, but I didn’t actually bring Rascal today. | 我会的 实际上我今天没带它来 |
[08:47] | Mainly because there isn’t a Rascal. I brought the leash | 主要是因为根本没有拉斯科 我只带了狗绳 |
[08:50] | so I wouldn’t look like the weirdo | 好让我看起来不像个 |
[08:52] | who comes to a dog park without a dog. | 来狗狗公园却没有狗的怪人 |
[08:55] | It’s less weird to bring a leash with no dog? | 只带绳没有狗 就不奇怪吗 |
[08:58] | Oh, God. Are you that flasher? | 天呐 你不会是那个暴露狂吧 |
[09:01] | No, no, no. They caught that guy. Oh, okay. | 不 他们已经抓住那家伙了 |
[09:04] | Truth is, I’m here for a bit of inspiration. | 实际上 我是来寻找灵感的 |
[09:08] | I really wanna get a dog of my own, | 我实在是太想有一只自己的狗了 |
[09:10] | – but I just can’t seem to pick one. – I get that. | -但我选不出来 -我理解 |
[09:13] | Not the leash, but getting a pet is a big deal. | 不是说狗绳 但是 选宠物是件大事 |
[09:17] | But I think you know when you know. You know? | 我觉得 感觉到了你自然就会知晓 |
[09:21] | I wish Robert understood that. | 我希望罗伯特能明白这点 |
[09:23] | Is Robert another pretend dog? | 罗伯特是另一只假装存在的狗吗 |
[09:25] | No, he’s a man. | 不 他是个人 |
[09:26] | A real man. | 真的人 |
[09:28] | My man. | 我男人 |
[09:32] | This is all I want. | 这就是我想要的 |
[09:34] | Just a sweet, little snuggler like you, Harry. | 一只像你这样的可爱粘人的家伙 哈里 |
[09:37] | Yes, you are. You are a snuggler. | 没错 你还真是粘人 |
[09:40] | – I actually do know of a great dog. – Really? | -我恰好知道一只很棒的狗 -真的吗 |
[09:43] | Yeah, my friend is trying to find someone to take Harry’s brother. | 是啊 我朋友正在给哈里的兄弟找主人 |
[09:47] | You mean there’s another one just like him? | 你是说还有一条跟它一样的狗 |
[09:50] | I hate to admit it, but Carl’s even sweeter. | 我也不想这么说 但卡尔更可爱 |
[09:53] | This is fate. | 这是命运 |
[09:55] | I’m looking for a dog. I meet you. I’m not a flasher. | 我想养狗 我遇见了你 我不是暴露狂 |
[09:58] | You know a wonderful dog who needs a home. | 你正好知道有只很棒的狗在等待被领养 |
[10:02] | It’s not that amazing. We are in a dog park. | 也没那么神奇 这里可是狗狗公园 |
[10:04] | – True. – Yeah. | -没错 -是啊 |
[10:05] | – So you want to meet him? – Yes, please. | -你想见见它吗 -当然 |
[10:09] | You will not be sorry, my friend is the best breeder in town. | 你不会后悔的 我朋友是城里最好的育狗师 |
[10:19] | Looks like the swelling’s down. | 看起来消肿了 |
[10:21] | Thanks, Mal. | 谢了 玛洛 |
[10:22] | Funny they call it a black eye. | 说来有趣 人们管这叫眼睛发黑 |
[10:23] | It’s more like a blueish-purple. | 看起来更像是蓝紫色 |
[10:26] | – Like a dark magenta? – That you’re trying to figure out? | -洋红色 -你竟然是在琢磨这事吗 |
[10:29] | Not why a polite teen | 不应该想想一个 |
[10:30] | stepped out of nowhere and punched me in the face? | 礼貌的青少年为何突然冲出来给我一拳吗 |
[10:33] | You sure he isn’t one of your students | 真不是你的学生吗 |
[10:35] | who’s upset that you gave the clarinet solo to somebody else? | 因为你把黑管独奏的机会给了别人而气愤 |
[10:37] | None of my marching band kids punch that hard. | 我的仪乐队没有哪个孩子下手可以这么重 |
[10:39] | Except Terry. | 除了泰瑞 |
[10:40] | But he’s Mr. Salt’s problem now. | 但他现在归索尔特老师管了 |
[10:43] | Turns out, when you come back from LA, | 事实证明 你一从洛杉矶回来 |
[10:45] | you get demoted to middle school band, | 就被发配到中学的乐队 |
[10:47] | and Mr. Salt is the rising star at the high school. | 而索尔特老师倒成了高中的明日之星 |
[10:50] | Okay, let’s try to think through this logically. | 好了 我们理性地分析一下 |
[10:53] | Who would be that mad at you? | 谁会对你那么生气 |
[10:55] | You’ve got to be more specific. | 你得提示得更具体点 |
[10:56] | I mean, are we talking friends, neighbors, Brianna? | 我是说 是点头之交 邻居 还是布丽安娜 |
[11:00] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:01] | Who was the last person who hit you? | 最后一次打你的人是谁 |
[11:03] | Are we talking closed-fist, slaps, Brianna? | 是拳击 扇巴掌 还是布丽安娜 |
[11:07] | Okay, I think we’re getting off track here. | 好吧 我觉得我们跑偏了 |
[11:09] | What could you have done to make this kid so angry? | 你有可能做了什么 让这孩子这么气愤 |
[11:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:13] | You know, I haven’t done anything punch-worthy since I got sober. | 自从戒酒之后 我还没做过什么欠揍的事 |
[11:16] | What was the most punch-worthy thing you did before you got sober? | 那你戒酒之前 做过的最欠揍的事是什么 |
[11:22] | – Driving on your lawn comes to mind. – Yeah. | -大概是在你家草坪上开车 -好吧 |
[11:25] | You know, but other than that, it was mostly just, like, | 除此之外 几乎都是些小事… |
[11:27] | wham-bamming a bunch of ma’ams and then not thanking them. | 比如和主妇约炮 干完之后还不感谢她们 |
[11:31] | Nice. | 行吧 |
[11:34] | Wait, you think this kid has something to do with that? | 等等 你觉得那孩子跟这件事有关吗 |
[11:36] | How would he have something to do with– | 他怎么可能… |
[11:37] | Well, how irresponsible were you? | 你当时有多不负责任 |
[11:43] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[11:45] | Wait, you think… | 你觉得… |
[11:46] | Could he be your son? | 他有可能是你儿子吗 |
[11:55] | Your call is important to us. | 你的来电十分重要 |
[11:57] | – Someone will be with you shortly. – Eff you, robot. | -很快将有人接听 -去你的 机器人 |
[12:00] | Can you believe this bullshit? | 你能相信这破事吗 |
[12:02] | I called the pharmacy to complain about their lines, | 我给药店打电话投诉排队的事 |
[12:04] | and some robot puts me on hold, | 结果机器人让我等着 |
[12:06] | as if hold isn’t another digital line. | 好像等的不是机器回复一样 |
[12:12] | Grace, are you listening to me? | 格蕾丝 你在听我说话吗 |
[12:16] | I know why you’re distracted. | 我知道你为什么会分心 |
[12:18] | Because you won’t stop talking about robots? | 因为你讲起机器人讲个没完 |
[12:21] | No. I’m riveting. | 不 我棒极了 |
[12:22] | You’re upset because of Nick. | 你在为尼克的事烦心 |
[12:25] | – He was incredibly rude. – Not buying it, sister. | -他超无礼 -我不信 姐们儿 |
[12:29] | When people are rude to you, | 当人们对你无礼时 |
[12:30] | you banish them to the studio without queso. | 你会把他们放逐到画室去 不给奶酪 |
[12:33] | This is something else. | 这情况不同 |
[12:35] | This is hurt with a tinge of regret. | 这是受伤 外加一点后悔 |
[12:37] | Go to your studio without queso. | 滚到你没有奶酪的画室去 |
[12:40] | Oh, I struck a nerve. | 好吧 我触雷了 |
[12:42] | It’s okay to admit you miss him. | 承认你想他也没什么 |
[12:46] | I don’t miss him. | 我不想他 |
[12:49] | It was easier not to miss him… when I didn’t see him. | 要是没看到他 忘掉他会更容易 |
[12:51] | But what does it matter? | 但有什么关系呢 |
[12:53] | I blew it. It’s over. | 我搞砸了 都结束了 |
[12:55] | It’s not over. | 还没结束 |
[12:56] | It’s just the part of the movie | 这就相当于是电影里那种 |
[12:58] | where you have to run through the airport. | 你跑过大半个机场去追他的桥段了 |
[13:00] | I really don’t have the knees for that. | 我这膝盖可跑不动 |
[13:02] | I’m talking about doing something big to win him back. | 我是说搞个大举动把他赢回来 |
[13:05] | Even if I could, | 就算我能做到 |
[13:07] | I’ve never pursued a man. I– | 我可从没追过男人 我… |
[13:11] | I don’t know how. | 我不知道怎么做 |
[13:12] | Well, thank Gal Gadot you have me. | 感谢神奇女侠 你有我这个军师 |
[13:14] | Back in the day, I had to woo Sol pretty hard. | 想当初 我可是费尽心思追求索尔 |
[13:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:19] | You had to woo a man | 你不得不花心思追求那个 |
[13:20] | that wears sandals made out of truck tires? | 穿着用轮胎做的凉鞋的男人 |
[13:22] | Oh, scoff all you want. | 随你怎么嘲讽吧 |
[13:24] | He was a Woodstock nine. | 他当初可是音乐节上的9分先生 |
[13:26] | Maybe a nine-and-a-half without the sandals. | 要是换双凉鞋 也许有9.5分 |
[13:29] | Okay, I’ll bite. | 好吧 我上钩 |
[13:30] | How did you woo Sol? | 你怎么疯狂追求索尔的 |
[13:32] | I climbed through his window, | 我爬进他的窗户 |
[13:34] | covered his apartment floor with flowers. | 在他的公寓地板上铺满鲜花 |
[13:36] | Again, the knee issue. | 再说一遍 膝盖不行 |
[13:38] | I placed a classified ad that said, “Hey, Sol, come and get me.” | 我摆上广告牌写着「索尔 来占有我吧」 |
[13:41] | This isn’t helping. | 这可帮不上我的忙 |
[13:43] | It didn’t help Sol, either. I forgot to put my name and number. | 也没帮上索尔的忙 我忘写我的名字和电话了 |
[13:46] | Seriously, Frankie, what am I gonna do? | 说真的 弗兰琦 我该怎么做 |
[13:50] | I don’t know, but whatever it is, | 我不知道 但无论如何 |
[13:52] | you have to put yourself out there. | 你得勇敢去尝试 |
[13:55] | You might even have to sacrifice your dignity a little. | 可能甚至要牺牲一点自尊 |
[13:58] | But isn’t it worth it if you could get him back? | 但如果能把他争取回来不就都值了吗 |
[14:02] | Hello, thanks for holding, this is Darren. | 你好 感谢等待 我是达伦 |
[14:06] | Yes, hello, Darren. It’s about time. | 你好 达伦 总算来了 |
[14:09] | You don’t know me, but I’m your worst nightmare. | 你不认识我 但我是你的噩梦 |
[14:12] | I just fought City Hall and got three seconds added to a crosswalk, | 我刚跟市政厅抗争 把绿灯通行时间延长了三秒 |
[14:16] | and I’m just one sock puppet soliloquy away | 而且我再用袜子布偶演一出独幕戏 |
[14:19] | from getting my granddaughter to laugh for the first time. | 就能让我孙女第一次笑出来了 |
[14:23] | So sorry, I’m going to have to put you on hold again. | 非常抱歉 还得让您等一会 |
[14:25] | No, Darren. | 不 达伦 |
[14:26] | Darren, don’t do me like this. | 达伦 别这样对我 |
[14:30] | Don’t do me like this! | 别这样对我 |
[14:33] | Who gave you that little goodie? | 谁把你生得这么可爱 |
[14:35] | Who could abandon a face like that? | 谁会忍心抛弃这个小可爱 |
[14:38] | Let’s not bring up abandonment. It’s an issue for him. | 别提抛弃这件事了 它有心理阴影 |
[14:41] | You know, I was a little worried about getting a rescue, | 我本来对养一只流浪获救犬有点担心 |
[14:44] | but Carl’s so loving. | 但卡尔太可爱了 |
[14:46] | You picked a good one. | 你选了只好的 |
[14:49] | I’d say it’s more like he picked me. | 倒不如说是它选中了我 |
[14:51] | Then he picked a good one, too. | 那它也眼光不错 |
[14:54] | Oh, that’s Oliver. | 是奥利弗 |
[14:56] | Peter begged me to coach him. | 皮特求我指导他 |
[14:58] | Surprise, surprise! | 没想到吧 |
[14:59] | A 30-year-old doesn’t quite have the gravitas to play Don Quixote. | 三十岁的大老爷们还演不出堂吉诃德的威严 |
[15:06] | – You’re not Oliver. – Nope, I’m Bud. | -你不是奥利弗 -对 我是巴德 |
[15:08] | – Of course you are. – Hey, you finally picked a dog! | -当然了 -你们终于选了只狗 |
[15:12] | Yep, this is Carl. | 没错 这是卡尔 |
[15:15] | What is he, a Jack Russell? | 什么品种 杰克罗素犬吗 |
[15:17] | No. | 不 |
[15:18] | No, no, no, no. He’s a mutt. | 不不不 是只混种狗 |
[15:23] | Why’d you name him Carl? | 为什么叫它卡尔 |
[15:24] | Oh, because he was found at a Carl’s Jr. | 因为它最初是在卡尔星快餐厅被发现的 |
[15:28] | I was found in a Carl’s Jr. Once. | 我有次也在卡尔星快餐厅被发现 |
[15:31] | Sol made me come home and eat carrots. | 索尔逼我回家 吃胡萝卜 |
[15:34] | You sure this guy’s a mutt? | 你确定这家伙是混种吗 |
[15:36] | Who can say without a full DNA panel? | 没DNA测试 谁说得准呢 |
[15:39] | But he’s a rescue dog who was found in a dumpster, | 但它是只在垃圾箱被营救的狗狗 |
[15:43] | so, we absolutely will never know for sure. | 所以绝对无从考证了 |
[15:46] | What are you doing here anyway? | 你来这干什么呢 |
[15:48] | Uh, you asked me to stop by to pick up your old food processor. | 你叫我过来 取走你们旧的食物处理机 |
[15:52] | Right, for the baby food. | 没错 给宝宝用 |
[16:00] | Carl’s already better behaved than any rescues we ever had. | 卡尔已经比我们养的任何流浪获救犬都乖了 |
[16:04] | Mahatma ate the sleeves off all my sweaters. | 莫哈特玛把我毛衣袖子咬下来了 |
[16:06] | And who’s eating all your sleeves now? | 现在谁在咬你的毛衣袖子呢 |
[16:09] | Hilarious from a guy in sweatpants. | 穿运动裤的老头也好意思嘲讽我衣衫不整 |
[16:11] | Which shelter did you get him from? | 你从哪个救助所领养到它的 |
[16:14] | You know, the one we got Jerry Garcia from. | 就是领养杰瑞·加西亚的那个 |
[16:19] | I thought we found Jerr-Bear at the Strawberry Festival. | 杰瑞不是在草莓节上被我们发现 然后领养的吗 |
[16:21] | Why are we standing around here talking about strawberry festivals? | 我们为何站在这讨论什么草莓节 |
[16:25] | I thought you came over to get a food processor. | 我以为你是来取食物处理机的呢 |
[16:28] | – I did. – Great. | -是啊 -好极了 |
[16:29] | So help me find the fucking food processor. | 那就快帮我找到该死的食物处理机 |
[16:40] | – That’s not it. – Okay. | -不是那个 -好吧 |
[16:54] | Hello, Nick. | 你好 尼克 |
[16:56] | You know, when people break up, | 当人们分手时 |
[16:58] | they usually see less of each other. | 通常就会减少见面次数 保持距离 |
[16:59] | Oh, please, I still see my exes. Robert and… | 得了吧 我还经常和前任见面 罗伯特还有… |
[17:04] | – I guess that’s it. – How did you even know I’d be here? | -好像只有他 -你怎么知道我在这 |
[17:06] | Well, how did you even know I’d be here? | 你怎么知道我会来 |
[17:09] | Okay, I’m confused. What are we doing? | 我糊涂了 我们这是在干什么 |
[17:12] | ‘Cause my lunch date’s gonna be back in a minute and… | 我的午餐同伴可是马上要回来了 |
[17:16] | this isn’t my job anymore. | 这不是我的职责了 |
[17:18] | I just wanna say that you were right. | 我只想说你是对的 |
[17:20] | I did push you away, | 是我把你推开了 |
[17:22] | but, Nick, I’ve changed. | 但尼克 我已经变了 |
[17:24] | – You say that, b– – No, I mean it. | -你嘴上这么说 -不 我是认真的 |
[17:27] | And I’m better for you than | 我才更适合你 |
[17:29] | whatever age-inappropriate sorority girl | 而不是跟你共进午餐的 |
[17:31] | you’re having lunch with. | 过于年轻的女大学生 |
[17:32] | Great, ’cause here she is. | 好极了 她来了 |
[17:38] | You really only have two types, don’t you? | 你真的只喜欢两种类型的 是吧 |
[17:40] | Grace, this is Cathleen. | 格蕾丝 这位是凯思琳 |
[17:43] | – My mother. – No. | -我母亲 -不是吧 |
[17:47] | So, are you joining us for dessert? | 想一起吃甜点吗 |
[17:49] | Oh, I don’t know, Mom. | 我说不好 妈 |
[17:50] | Grace, would you be comfortable with that? | 格蕾丝 你想一起吗 |
[17:53] | Abso-tootin-lutely. | 当然没问题哒 |
[18:06] | Jesus fuck. | 我操 |
[18:08] | Wait! Wait! Wait! | 等等 等等 |
[18:09] | I think I might know why you’re mad, | 我也许知道你为什么生气 |
[18:11] | but is there anything I can say that’d convince you | 但我能说些什么 好说服你 |
[18:13] | not to hit me again? | 不要再打我吗 |
[18:15] | No. | 不能 |
[18:18] | All right, I can’t do it with your face all scrunched up like that. | 你的脸拧成一团我下不去手 |
[18:21] | Want me to turn around or– | 你想让我转个身 |
[18:23] | No! No! Just stop helping me. | 不 不 别给我制造条件 |
[18:28] | I can’t do it. You’re too sad. | 我下不去手 你太可悲了 |
[18:30] | Can I ask you… how old you are? | 我能问问 你多大了吗 |
[18:34] | What? I’m 17. Why? | 什么 我17了 怎么了 |
[18:37] | I’m trying to figure out if you could be | 我想弄清你是不是 |
[18:39] | who I think you might possibly be. | 我认为你可能是的那个人 |
[18:41] | I’m the guy whose family you broke up. | 我是被你破坏家庭的那个人 |
[18:44] | My dad read the emails you sent my mom. | 我爸爸看了你发给我妈妈的那些邮件 |
[18:46] | What emails? | 什么邮件 |
[18:48] | You had an affair with my mom and you don’t remember? | 你跟我妈妈偷情 却不记得她 |
[18:50] | If it was 17 years ago, I don’t remember much. | 如果是17年前 我记不太清了 |
[18:53] | No, it was two years ago. | 不 是两年前 |
[18:56] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[18:59] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[19:01] | If those emails are from two years ago, they’re not from me. | 如果是两年前的邮件 那就不是我发的 |
[19:04] | You need to hit someone else. | 你得另找人打 |
[19:05] | No, I know my mom came here to see you. | 不 我知道我妈妈来这见过你 |
[19:08] | She told us she’d go to New York to see Kinky Boots, | 她告诉我们她要去纽约看《长靴妖姬》 |
[19:11] | but she came here for you. | 但她来这见你了 |
[19:14] | Wait, is your mom’s name Krystle? | 等等 你妈妈是叫克丽丝托吗 |
[19:17] | So you do remember her? | 所以你确实记得她 |
[19:19] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:21] | But it’s not what you think. | 但不是你想的那样 |
[19:25] | She’s my mom. | 她是我妈妈 |
[19:27] | – What? – My birth mom. | -什么 -我的生母 |
[19:29] | And your mom. | 也是你妈妈 |
[19:30] | She’s both… our moms. | 她是 我们的妈妈 |
[19:34] | But she was my mom first. | 但她先当的我妈 |
[19:36] | And then she gave me up for adoption. | 然后她把我送去给别人领养了 |
[19:39] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[19:41] | You’re my half-brother. | 你是我同母异父的弟弟 |
[19:45] | Jesus fuck. | 我操啊 |
[19:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:01] | Was Carl found at a Carl’s Jr. or in a dumpster? | 卡尔到底是在卡尔星快餐厅还是垃圾箱被发现的 |
[20:05] | It was a dumpster at a Carl’s Jr. | 是在卡尔星快餐厅的垃圾箱里 |
[20:07] | But wasn’t that other dog on the rescue site found in a dumpster? | 但网站上列出的在垃圾箱里发现的不是另一条狗吗 |
[20:11] | There are plenty of unfortunate dumpster pups out there, Robert. | 这世上有许多不幸的垃圾箱小狗 罗伯特 |
[20:15] | Too many. | 太多了 |
[20:23] | Oliver, so relieved to see you. | 奥利弗 见到你真让人松一口气 |
[20:25] | – Relieved? – No reason. | -松一口气 -没有原因 |
[20:27] | Oh, my! Who is this fancy little pup? | 天啊 这名贵的小狗狗是谁呀 |
[20:30] | He’s not a fancy pup! He’s a garbage pup! | 它不是什么名贵的小狗 是垃圾小狗 |
[20:33] | Uh, are you sure? He looks like he could be a show dog. | 你确定吗 它看上去像是能参加比赛的名贵犬 |
[20:36] | Man, he’s got great conformation, | 天呐 它的体态真棒 |
[20:38] | and the alignment with his forelegs to his withers. | 前腿和肩隆形成一条直线 |
[20:40] | How do you know that? | 你怎么会懂这些 |
[20:41] | Oh, my mother used to show German shepherds. | 我妈以前培养德国牧羊犬参赛 |
[20:46] | And this guy has got perfect form. Where’d you get him? | 这个小家伙的形体很完美 你从哪儿弄来的 |
[20:49] | From a shelter, right, Dad? | 从收容所 对吗 爸爸 |
[20:50] | “Adopt, don’t shop.” “Buy a dog, kill a dog.” | “领养代替购买” “买狗等于杀狗” |
[20:53] | Isn’t that what you always told us? | 你不是一直这样告诉我们吗 |
[20:54] | I miss Veal. | 「我想念小牛肉」 |
[20:55] | Well, don’t shelters usually neuter the dogs? | 收容所一般会给狗绝育吧 |
[20:58] | Because this little guy has still got his balls. | 这个小家伙的蛋蛋还在呢 |
[21:03] | They’re prosthetic. For his confidence. | 那是假体 帮它提升自信 |
[21:05] | Dad, enough. | 爸爸 够了 |
[21:07] | Sol, spit it out. | 索尔 老实交代 |
[21:10] | Okay. He’s not a rescue. | 好吧 它不是流浪狗 |
[21:12] | I got him from a breeder! | 我从育狗师那儿买的 |
[21:14] | I looked at his furry little face and I became a monster! | 看着它毛茸茸的小脸 我就变成恶魔了 |
[21:18] | I’m Sol Bergstein | 我是索尔·伯格斯丁 |
[21:20] | and I paid $3,000 for a purebred show dog. | 我花三千美元买了一条纯种赛级犬 |
[21:24] | Wow. | 哇 |
[21:26] | And to be clear, | 说明一下 |
[21:27] | that wow was short for “Wow, sweetheart. | 那声”哇”的全部意思是 “哇 亲爱的 |
[21:30] | You’re a huge hypocrite.” | 你是个彻头彻尾的伪君子” |
[21:32] | For that much, I hope he came with papers. | 那么贵 它最好证件齐全 |
[21:39] | I get why you hate him. | 我明白你为什么讨厌他了 |
[21:45] | Senior Fast Pass customer, passing through. | 老年快速通行卡 借过 |
[21:49] | Senior Fast Pass customer, passing through. | 老年快速通行卡 借过 |
[21:51] | You go ahead of me. I don’t have one of those passes. | 你先吧 我没有那种通行卡 |
[21:54] | Lucky for you, mine says “plus one”. | 你走运了 我的上面写着”可带一人” |
[21:59] | Oh, God, what is it now? | 天啊 又怎么了 |
[22:02] | I’ve just been on the phone with corporate. | 我刚和公司通过电话 |
[22:04] | And they are shocked at your inhuman wait times | 你们毫无人性的等候时间令他们震惊 |
[22:07] | and they gave me this Fast Pass card to make up for it. | 作为补偿 他们给了我这张快速通行卡 |
[22:10] | So, prescription Bergstein, Hanson and my new friend… | 拿药 伯格斯丁 汉森 和我的新朋友 |
[22:13] | – Marie Slovatkin. – Marie Slovatkin. | -莫莉·斯洛伐金 -莫莉·斯洛伐金 |
[22:19] | Security to the pharmacy, please. | 保安请到药房 |
[22:21] | I’m not with her, I swear. | 我和她不是一伙的 我发誓 |
[22:23] | Oh, way to fight the power, Marie. | 你可真会与强权抗争 莫莉 |
[22:26] | So, we meet again. | 我们又见面了 |
[22:27] | We both knew we would. | 我们都知道会再见面的 |
[22:29] | I’ll need you two ladies to step behind the privacy footprints now. | 我需要你们二位退到隐私线之后 |
[22:32] | But I have a Fast Pass. | 但我有快速通行卡 |
[22:34] | Looks like an old lady went full-metal bonkers | 看来有位老太太在手工艺品货架上 |
[22:37] | in the arts and crafts aisle. | 疯狂发挥了一把 做了个假证 |
[22:38] | You gave me no choice. | 你让我别无选择 |
[22:40] | Marie and I don’t have time to give up everything in our lives | 莫莉和我没时间放弃生活中的一切 |
[22:43] | to get the medicine we need. | 来这等着拿药 |
[22:45] | You do know they have mail-order prescriptions, right? | 你知道有邮寄送药的选项吧 |
[22:47] | The post office? I’m already three beefs deep with them. | 邮局吗 我已经跟他们结了三回梁子了 |
[22:51] | I am not surprised by that. | 我毫不惊讶 |
[22:52] | Listen you, I could be with my baby right now. | 你听好 我现在本可以和我的孩子在一起 |
[22:55] | Not my baby, technically, but spiritually. | 确切地说不是我的孩子 但精神上是 |
[22:58] | So you go back there | 所以你进去 |
[23:00] | and you get us our goddamn drugs. | 把我们的药拿来 |
[23:05] | If it will finally get rid of you, fine. | 如果能终于摆脱掉你 好吧 |
[23:11] | You know, this war was never about you. | 这场战争的重点从来都不是你 |
[23:14] | I just want everyone to be happy. | 我只是想让大家都开心 |
[23:16] | Okay, I have Slovatkin and Hanson, | 好了 我拿了斯洛伐金的和汉森的药 |
[23:19] | but Bergstein, we’re out of both your prescriptions. | 但是伯格斯丁 你的药我们都没了 |
[23:21] | You’ll have to come back tomorrow. | 你只能明天再来了 |
[23:22] | You have got to be flippin’ kidding me. | 你是在开玩笑吧 |
[23:25] | Don’t think we’ve the kind of relationship where we kid around. | 我觉得我们之间的关系没到可以开玩笑的地步 |
[23:33] | Mom, Faith just laughed for the first time! | 妈妈 信念刚刚第一次笑了 |
[23:36] | Oh, no! Faith, do it again. | 不 信念 再笑一次 |
[23:39] | Quick, somebody get me a sock and two googly eyes. | 快 谁给我一条袜子和两个塑料大眼 |
[23:47] | Okay, she’s not doing it. | 好吧 她不肯笑了 |
[23:49] | I’m sorry. I promise you’ll see the next laugh. | 对不起 我保证你会看到下一次笑的 |
[23:51] | But it won’t be her first. | 但那又不是第一次 |
[24:02] | All right, let’s see what’s better. | 好了 看看哪个好一些 |
[24:05] | To be honest, nothing could be worse than this carrot cake. | 老实说 不可能有比这个胡萝卜蛋糕更糟的 |
[24:08] | You should leave. This is your nightmare. | 你该走了 这是你的噩梦 |
[24:11] | Well, why are you saying that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[24:13] | You told me you hoped my mom had passed | 你跟我说过你希望我妈妈去世了 |
[24:15] | so you’d never have a moment like this. | 这样你就不用经历这种情况了 |
[24:17] | Yet here we are, and I’m loving it. | 现在经历了 我很享受 |
[24:21] | So, how do you two know each other? | 你们两个是怎么认识的 |
[24:23] | Mom, this is Grace. | 妈妈 这是格蕾丝 |
[24:26] | Remember, I told you? The woman I was seeing. | 记得我跟你说过吗 之前和我在一起的那个女人 |
[24:31] | Who are you, really? | 说真的 你到底是谁 |
[24:32] | Well, I’m Grace. I’m Nick’s girlfriend. | 我是格蕾丝 尼克的女友 |
[24:34] | Ex-girlfriend. | 前女友 |
[24:36] | Well, we’ve had a few hiccups. | 我们遇上了些小问题[打嗝] |
[24:39] | More like a fatal, full-body seizure. | 更像是致命的全身抽搐 |
[24:43] | So, you two were, um… dating? | 你们两个之前在 相恋 |
[24:46] | I know I’m not exactly who you were picturing. | 我知道我不符合你的想象 |
[24:49] | Well, no. | 确实 |
[24:51] | When Nicky said he was seeing someone more mature for once, | 当尼克说他这次和更成熟的人在相恋时 |
[24:54] | I was thinking you were maybe 40, not 40 times two. | 我以为你40岁 而不是40乘以2 |
[24:59] | Mom, she’s not that old. | 妈妈 她没那么老 |
[25:01] | Funny story for later… | 回头再说个相关的趣事 |
[25:02] | Mr. Skolka, I hope everything was to your liking | 斯考卡先生 我希望一切您都满意 |
[25:04] | and that you and your mother… | 您和您的母亲 |
[25:07] | Well, she’s the mother. I mean, clearly she’s the mother. | 母亲是她 显然她才是老母亲 |
[25:12] | Because you look so much like him, | 因为你长得那么像他 |
[25:14] | or he looks so much like you. | 或者他长得那么像你 |
[25:20] | So, Cathleen, what brings you to San Diego? | 凯思琳 什么风把你吹来圣地亚哥了 |
[25:23] | Oh, just seeing Nicky and my grandson. | 来看看尼克和我的孙子 |
[25:27] | Do you have grandkids? | 你有孙辈吗 |
[25:29] | Yes, I do. They’re so, so precious. | 我有 他们太宝贵了 |
[25:32] | I never met them. | 我从没见过他们 |
[25:34] | I don’t see them as much as I’d like to. | 尽管我很想见他们 但很少会见 |
[25:37] | Oh, they live out of town? | 他们住得远吗 |
[25:40] | No. | 不是 |
[25:42] | You two do have something in common. | 你们之间确实有共同点 |
[25:43] | Mom just recently moved into a retirement community. | 妈妈最近刚搬进一个退休社区 |
[25:46] | Of course, she called and told me she was moving before she did it. | 当然了 她搬进去之前打电话告诉我了 |
[25:49] | Well, I’m here to tell you in person | 我是来亲自告诉你 |
[25:50] | that I’ve moved out of my retirement community. | 我搬出了我的退休社区 |
[25:53] | Oh, do you have a Richard, too? | 你们那儿是不是也有个理查德 |
[25:56] | Because we kicked our Richard out. | 因为我们把我们那儿的理查德赶出去了 |
[25:58] | You shouldn’t have to move. | 你不用搬走的 |
[26:00] | Oh, no, it was a big mistake to move there. | 不 搬去那里是个大错误 |
[26:03] | Well, for me. | 对我而言是错误 |
[26:03] | It’s perfect for some people, but… | 对有些人来说很合适 但是 |
[26:07] | I made a lot of mistakes. | 我犯了很多错误 |
[26:09] | And so we agree. | 这点我们达成了共识 |
[26:12] | – On that note, I have a plane to catch. – But– | -说到这儿 我还得去赶飞机 -但是 |
[26:15] | Mom, I’ll see you when I get back. | 妈妈 等我回来再见你 |
[26:18] | Grace… | 格蕾丝 |
[26:20] | What was this? | 这是搞什么 |
[26:22] | No, wait, don’t leave. | 不 等等 别走 |
[26:24] | Nick, don’t go. | 尼克 别走 |
[26:27] | Nick, I love you. | 尼克 我爱你 |
[26:30] | I know I’ve wasted a lot of our time, | 我知道我浪费了我们很多时间 |
[26:32] | but I know what I want to do with the time we have left. | 但我知道我们剩下的时间我想干什么 |
[26:35] | I want to do you. | 我想干你 |
[26:39] | – Well, you know what I mean. – I do, yeah. | -你知道我是什么意思 -我知道 |
[26:46] | I’ll see you, Grace. | 回头见 格蕾丝 |
[26:51] | You sure know how to crash a lunch. | 你真的深谙「不请自来毁气氛」之道 |
[26:54] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |