时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [Grace Potter’s “Stuck In The Middle” playing] | NETFLIX 原创剧集 |
[00:13] | ♪ Well, I don’t know Why I came here tonight ♪ | |
[00:16] | ♪ Got the feelin’ That somethin’ ain’t right ♪ | |
[00:20] | ♪ I’m so scared In case I fall off my chair ♪ | |
[00:24] | ♪ And I’m wondering How I’ll get down the stairs ♪ | |
[00:28] | ♪ And there’s clowns to the left of me Jokers to the right ♪ | |
[00:32] | ♪ Here I am Stuck in the middle with you ♪ | |
[00:36] | ♪ Yes, I’m stuck in the middle with you ♪ | |
[00:39] | ♪ Ooh, ooh ♪ | |
[00:50] | Nick? | 尼克? |
[00:52] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我回来晚了 |
[00:54] | [exhales] | |
[00:55] | I know I’ve missed dinner. | 我知道我错过了晚餐 |
[00:59] | Mrs. Skolka, thank God you’re home. | 斯科卡夫人 谢天谢地你回来了 这是怎么回事? |
[01:02] | [scoffs] What’s this? | |
[01:04] | What does it look like? | 你觉得是怎么回事? |
[01:07] | A hostage situation? | 有人被劫持了吗? |
[01:11] | Um, may…? May I be excused? | 我能… 我能走了吗? |
[01:13] | -You don’t have to ask– -Yes, you may. | -你没必要问… -嗯 你可以了 |
[01:16] | Well, thank you for a lovely evening. | 谢谢您邀我度过这样一个美好的夜晚 烤箱里还有个苹果馅饼呢 |
[01:18] | There’s an apple tart in the oven. | |
[01:23] | Again, I… I apologize. | 我再次向你道歉 |
[01:26] | You know, Frankie had a thing. | 弗兰基那边出了点状况 |
[01:28] | Frankie always has a thing. | 弗兰基总是出状况 |
[01:29] | I have one thing. I want to spend time with my wife. | 但我只有一个要求 我希望我妻子多陪陪我 |
[01:33] | As affectionate as Chef Bert is, somehow, it-it’s just not the same. | 虽然大厨伯特对我也很好 但这是两码事 |
[01:36] | I want more time with you, too. And I promise you I’ll make it up to you. | 我也想多陪陪你 我保证一定会补偿你 |
[01:40] | Fine. You can start on Thursday. | 好吧 你可以从周四开始 |
[01:42] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[01:44] | What– What’s Thursday? | 周四怎么了? |
[01:46] | We leave for Hawaii. The Food and Wine Festival. | 我们要去夏威夷的日子 参加美食佳肴节 |
[01:49] | Oh, God. | 我的天 |
[01:50] | That’s next weekend? | 是下周末吗? |
[01:53] | Saturday is Frankie Fest 2020. | 可周六是弗兰基2020庆典 |
[01:55] | Okay, just because Frankie gave her birthday a name | 好吧 弗兰基或许给自己的生日 起了个名字 |
[01:58] | doesn’t make it a festival. | 但这不代表它是个节日 |
[02:00] | But I’ve been appointed grand marshal. I have a hat. | 但她任命我为总元帅 我还有顶帽子呢 |
[02:03] | And we’ve planned this vacation for months. | 可这次度假我们都计划好久了 |
[02:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:07] | And I was incredibly excited about it until I forgot. | 在我把这件事完全忘掉之前 我一直都很期待的 |
[02:10] | But it’s just, you know how crazy Frankie gets. | 可你也知道弗兰基到时会有多抓狂 |
[02:13] | Yeah, I was at Frankie Fest 2019. In fact, I sponsored it. | 当然知道 弗兰基2019庆典的时候 我就在场 其实还是我出钱办的呢 |
[02:16] | Shouldn’t that get us off the hook for this year? | 难道这不能让我们今年歇一歇吗? |
[02:18] | Missing her birthday to go to a place with a chocolate lazy river? | 为了一条流动缓慢的巧克力河 错过她的生日? |
[02:24] | I mean, that’s a double whammy! | 不管怎么样我都觉得遗憾 |
[02:30] | This is the part where you say, “Well, why don’t we just bring Frankie?” | 这时候你该说: “那不如带弗兰基一起去吧?” |
[02:36] | I see you’re not saying that. | 看来你不打算这么说 |
[02:38] | This was supposed to be a romantic getaway. No third wheels. | 这本该是我们两人的浪漫假期 不带第三个人 |
[02:42] | Oh, wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 |
[02:44] | Frankie’s got her own wheel. His name is Jack. | 弗兰基交男朋友了 他叫杰克 |
[02:46] | We could bring them both. | 我们可以带他们一起去 |
[02:48] | Celebrate her big day, | 庆祝她的生日 |
[02:49] | and then send them both down the chocolate river to their own villa. | 然后把他们放在巧克力河上 流到他们自己住的别墅里 |
[02:52] | I don’t know. I met Frankie’s last boyfriend, and his rattail. | 我说不好 我见过弗兰基上个男友 那人还梳着马尾辫 |
[02:55] | Where did this one wash up from? | 她现在的男友又从哪冒出来的? |
[02:57] | From your charity event. | 他们在你的慈善晚会上认识的 |
[02:59] | Still… I don’t want to go away with a guy I don’t know. | 话虽如此…我还是不想 跟一个我不认识的人一起度假 |
[03:03] | How about we all have dinner tomorrow night? | 不如明晚我们一起吃个饭吧? |
[03:05] | That way you can get to know Jack for yourself. | 这样你就能自己了解杰克了 |
[03:08] | And if the two of you hit it off, then we pull the trigger on Hawaii. | 如果你俩很是投缘 那我们就一起去夏威夷 |
[03:12] | And if we don’t? | 如果不呢? |
[03:14] | I’ll have to give back the hat. | 我就得把那顶帽子还回去了 |
[03:19] | -No, they charge for it. -Just throw that away then. | -不 他们会收费 -那就扔了吧 |
[03:21] | -They charge us. -And we won’t– | -他们向我们收费 -我们不会… |
[03:22] | Uh, look what Dan just brought me. | 瞧瞧丹给我带了什么来 |
[03:26] | I don’t like this. | 我不喜欢 |
[03:28] | [Mallory] You guys are so cute. | 你们俩真是太可爱了 |
[03:30] | Yes. What could be cuter than two grown men | 是啊 什么能比两个戴着写着 “牛肉兄弟”的围嘴的成年人更可爱? |
[03:32] | wearing bibs that say “Beef Brothers”? | |
[03:34] | Come on, get pumped. | 拜托 嗨起来嘛 |
[03:35] | Besides, our short rib is already waist-deep in marinade. | 而且 我们的牛小排 已经深深泡在腌料里了 |
[03:37] | It’s T-minus 22 hours until short rib o’clock. | 还有22个小时 -就能吃到牛小排了 -击个掌! |
[03:40] | Up top! | |
[03:42] | Okay, we’ll let you two get back to it. | 好了 我们就不打扰你们了 |
[03:44] | Hey, are we still on for the Flower Fields before dinner? | 晚餐前我们还去花海吗? |
[03:46] | Totally jazzed. | 我好激动啊 |
[03:48] | I might have to get down on all fours just to really smell the blooms. | 为了彻底闻到花香 我说不定还得趴在地上呢 |
[03:53] | -Bye. -Smell the blooms. | -再见 -闻花香 |
[03:54] | -Not in the bib. -Oh, okay. | 戴着围嘴就别亲 好吧 我们要为明天去好好撑撑胃了 |
[03:56] | Um, we’re gonna go stretch our stomachs for tomorrow. | |
[03:59] | Okay, let’s go. | 好了 我们走 |
[04:01] | So cute. | 他们好可爱 |
[04:02] | You know that was all bullshit about him loving the flowers | 你知道他说自己喜欢花 |
[04:05] | and smelling the blooms, right? | 还要趴在地上闻花香是在瞎说吧? |
[04:08] | It was his idea to go. | 是他提议说要去的 |
[04:11] | Right. That’s because you’re in the early part of your relationship | 对 那是因为你们还在热恋期 |
[04:14] | when he’s pretending to like everything that you like. | 他会假装爱屋及乌 |
[04:17] | He’s not pretending. We just happen to like the same things. | 他没在假装 我们只是碰巧有同样的爱好 |
[04:20] | -Like what? -Like… | -比如说? -比如… |
[04:22] | hot yoga, pistachio gelato, The Joy Luck Club. | 高温瑜伽、开心果冰淇淋 和《喜福会》 |
[04:25] | Okay, if he says he likes The Joy Luck Club, | 好吧 如果他说他喜欢《喜福会》 |
[04:28] | then you haven’t even met him yet. | 那你就一点都还不了解他 |
[04:30] | -What? -What straight man likes a sweeping drama | -什么? -直男怎么会喜欢讲述 |
[04:33] | about women reckoning with maternal sacrifice? | 女性认识到母爱牺牲的催泪电影? |
[04:35] | He’s evolved! | 他早就不在那个阶段了! |
[04:37] | Sorry I’m not as cynical as you, but Dan is who he says he is. | 很抱歉我不像你那样愤世嫉俗 但丹是个诚实的人 |
[04:42] | -Okay. | -Okay. 好吧 好吧 |
[04:44] | -And who’s his favorite musician? -Ed Sheeran. Oh… | 他最喜欢的音乐人是谁? 艾德希兰 哦 |
[04:48] | I think we’re done here. | 我们没什么可说的了 弗兰基庆典夏威夷版 |
[04:51] | Frankie Fest, Hawaii Edition. [gasps] | |
[04:54] | I love that idea! | 我超喜欢这个主意! |
[04:57] | I knew there was a reason I made you grand marshal. | 我就知道找你当总元帅没错 |
[05:01] | This is much bigger, though, than Frankie Fest. | 这可比弗兰基庆典隆重多了 你少说几句吧 |
[05:03] | Oh, bite your tongue. | |
[05:05] | No, imagine, Nick and Jack become friends, | 不 想象一下 尼克和杰克成为朋友 |
[05:08] | and the four of us all hang out, all the time. | 然后我们四个就总能一起玩了 |
[05:11] | Even in the bath? | 也包括洗澡吗? |
[05:12] | Not in the bath. | 洗澡当然不行 |
[05:14] | Okay, we’ll hash out that specific later. | 好了 这个我们可以随后再聊 |
[05:16] | Look, the point is, you and I will never have to choose | 听着 关键在于我们以后永远 |
[05:19] | between our fellas and each other. | 不用在闺蜜和情人之间进退两难了 |
[05:22] | But wait. What if the guys don’t hit it off tonight? | 可是 等一下 万一他们俩今晚不投缘呢? |
[05:24] | Oh, they will hit it off, because we’re gonna make them hit it off. | 他们会投缘的 因为我们会想办法让他们投缘 |
[05:28] | And if worst comes to worst, I’ve always got Twister | 即便出现最糟糕的情况 我在亚麻织品衣橱里 |
[05:32] | and four tabs of acid in the linen closet. | 还放着扭扭乐和四片迷幻药呢 |
[05:35] | This could really lead to all kinds of couple adventures. | 我们可以就此开始 各种各样的情侣冒险 |
[05:39] | Yes! After Hawaii, we could swing by Japan | 没错!离开夏威夷后 我们可以顺便去趟日本 |
[05:43] | to soak in the hot springs with snow monkeys. | 跟雪猴一起泡温泉 |
[05:47] | We’ll hash out that specific later. | 这个随后再聊 |
[05:52] | “Reggie Teinert is survived by his wife, Dorothy, | “雷吉塔内尔特留下妻子多萝西 |
[05:56] | their four children, and 12 grandchildren.” | 他们的四个孩子 和12个孙辈撒手归西了” |
[06:00] | Poor things. | 好可怜啊 |
[06:02] | “Their names are–“ | “他们分别是…” |
[06:03] | Is this really necessary, Sol? | 真有这个必要吗 索尔? |
[06:06] | Robert, we are going to this memorial service, | 罗伯特 我们要去参加他的葬礼 |
[06:10] | and my decision is final, and– | 我做好最后的决定了 而且… |
[06:12] | Was I convincing that time? | 刚才这次够有说服力吧? |
[06:14] | No. Because for the fifth time, I do not remember this guy. | 不够 因为我要再说第五次 我不记得这个家伙 |
[06:18] | That’s why they have photo displays at funerals. | 所以人们才会在葬礼上 摆上死者的照片啊 当然 也是为了纪念死者 |
[06:22] | And to honor the deceased, of course. | |
[06:24] | We’ll catch the next one. | 下次有葬礼再去吧 |
[06:26] | But you and Reggie served together. | 但你和雷吉一起服过役 |
[06:28] | Over 50 years ago! | 那都是50年前的事了! |
[06:30] | What about his widow? She went to all that trouble of tracking you down. | 那他的遗孀呢? 她费了那么大的劲找到你 |
[06:34] | Maybe she’s just like one of those mothers | 也许她就是那种会邀请全班同学 |
[06:36] | who invites everyone in the class to her son’s birthday. | 参加她儿子生日聚会的母亲 |
[06:38] | Robert, I’ve thought about this a lot lately, and when my day comes– | 罗伯特 这件事我最近考虑过很多次 如果我走了… |
[06:43] | -Sol! -Whether from cancer | -索尔! -不管是死于癌症 |
[06:45] | or the stress of trying to pick the fastest moving line at Whole Foods, | 还是死于在全食超市 选出结账最快的那队的压力 |
[06:49] | I hope folks show up for me. | 我都希望大家来参加我的葬礼 |
[06:55] | Fine. But we sit in the back, | 好吧 那我们坐在后排 他们唱闭会圣诗时我们就离开 |
[06:58] | and we leave during the closing hymn. | |
[07:00] | These things are really just about putting butts in seats. | 这种场合就得人多了才好 |
[07:04] | And honoring the deceased, of course. | 当然了 也是为了纪念死者 |
[07:08] | Of course. | 这是当然的 |
[07:13] | Hey, so let me ask you something, | 嘿 我问你一件事 |
[07:16] | and you have to promise to be totally honest. | 你必须答应我如实相告 |
[07:18] | -Great, that sounds ominous. -No, no, it’s nothing bad. | -好啊 听起来像是有坏事要发生了 -不 不是坏事 |
[07:22] | So, you know how we both love The Joy Luck Club? | 你知道咱俩都很喜欢《喜福会》吧? |
[07:25] | Oh, yeah. | 对啊 |
[07:26] | What’s your favorite scene? | 你最喜欢哪场戏? |
[07:30] | I really couldn’t pick a favorite. | 我真的没办法挑出一场最喜欢的 |
[07:32] | Pick one. | 挑一个嘛 好吧… 就是很棒的那场… 你第一次看到… |
[07:34] | [exhales] Okay, um… | |
[07:36] | Oh, uh, y-you know that… that awesome one… | |
[07:39] | uh, where you first see… | |
[07:44] | Joy Luck. | 喜福的时候… |
[07:46] | -Joy Luck is not a person! -Oh, shit. | -喜福根本不是一个角色! -哦 该死 |
[07:50] | You don’t even like Ed Sheeran, do you? | 你也不喜欢艾德希兰 对吧? |
[07:53] | I hate his voice, hate his face. | 我讨厌他的声音 也讨厌他那张脸 |
[07:55] | [exhales] | |
[07:56] | So you were just saying all that stuff because you thought I would like it? | 所以你之前那么说是因为 你觉得会讨我欢心? |
[07:59] | Has no man ever done this to you before? | 之前没有男人这么对过你吗? |
[08:02] | I know I’m punching above my weight here. | 我知道自己发挥得很好 |
[08:05] | Look, I like you. I just– I want to know the real you. | 听着 我喜欢你 我只是… 我想了解真正的你 |
[08:08] | -Why? I thought we had a good thing going. -[laughs] | 为什么?我还以为我们进展顺利呢 |
[08:12] | -I just… -[laughs] | 我只是… |
[08:14] | I don’t want to screw it up. | 我不想搞砸了 |
[08:16] | Won’t we screw it up if we’re not being ourselves? | 如果我们不以真面目示人 就不会搞砸吗? |
[08:20] | Here, I’ll start. | 行了 我先开始 |
[08:22] | I hold grudges. | 我会记仇 |
[08:24] | Margo Clark stole my boyfriend in college, | 玛戈克拉克大学时期抢了我男朋友 |
[08:26] | and I just left her waxing studio a bad Yelp review. | 然后我前几天 给她的脱毛工作室打了差评 |
[08:32] | I might have used the words “staph infection.” | 我可能写了“葡萄球菌感染” |
[08:35] | [laughs] | |
[08:38] | Your turn. | 到你了 |
[08:39] | [laughs] | |
[08:40] | I don’t hold grudges. | 我这个人不记仇 |
[08:42] | But I have been told I have a difficult time admitting I’m wrong. | 但有人跟我说 我总是不乐于承认自己的错误 |
[08:48] | I strongly disagree, obviously. | 显然 对此我强烈表示反对 |
[08:51] | Look at us being real. | 瞧瞧我们真实相待的样子 |
[08:54] | [Dan chuckles] | |
[08:55] | Does this mean we can bail on the flower thing? | 这是不是意味着 我们可以不去花海了? |
[08:57] | Or are you gonna hold a grudge? | 还是你会因此记仇? |
[08:59] | Till the day you die. | 记到你死的那天 |
[09:01] | Oh, all right. All right. Yay, flowers. | 好吧 那就去花海吧 |
[09:04] | -[smooches] -[Jack] Ah. | |
[09:05] | You, sir, are a sight for old eyes. | -你这位先生真是令人赏心悦目 -你也不差嘛 |
[09:08] | You’re not so bad yourself. | |
[09:09] | Hey, Jack. [slight chuckle] | 嘿 杰克 |
[09:11] | Oh. [chuckles] | |
[09:13] | Are you grooming me? | 你在清理我衣服上的杂毛吗? |
[09:15] | It’s just a little thing we do for all our dinner guests. | 我们请客人来吃晚餐 都会给他们提供这项服务 |
[09:18] | How cosmopolitan. | 好时髦啊 杰克 我能给你拿杯水 或…茶 或者一条典雅点的领带吗? |
[09:19] | Jack, could I get you some water, or… | |
[09:21] | or tea, or… maybe a quieter tie? | |
[09:25] | What’s happening here? | 什么情况? |
[09:26] | Nothing. You’ve never worked for the IRS. | 没什么 你从没在国税局工作过 |
[09:29] | -Is that correct? -Correct. | -对吧? -对 |
[09:31] | And, uh, when Nick comes, be sure to make eye contact. | 尼克来了之后 一定要跟他有眼神接触 |
[09:34] | He thinks it’s a sign of strength. | 他认为这是力量的象征 |
[09:36] | And it’s always better to be a good listener than a good talker. | 而且你最好多听他说 自己少说点 |
[09:39] | Pop quiz. What did I just say? | 突击测验 我刚说了什么? |
[09:41] | Uh, I’m… I’m picking up a weird vibe here. | 我觉得这里气氛好奇怪 |
[09:44] | Yeah. I’m sorry, Jack. We want tonight to… to go really well, | 对 很抱歉 杰克 我们希望今晚一切顺利 |
[09:47] | and Nick is kind of a hard sell. | 尼克这人有点难搞 |
[09:49] | -Oh, ladies, relax. -[Frankie chuckles] | 女士们 放轻松 |
[09:52] | I’m the guy that convinced Capitol Records | 我可是那个说服了国会唱片 |
[09:54] | to let Garth Brooks do the “Chris Gaines” album. | 让加斯布鲁克斯 给克里斯盖恩斯做专辑的人 |
[09:57] | If I could sell that soul patch, I could sell anything. | 如果我能把那个留着唇下胡的家伙 推销出去 那还有什么办不到呢? |
[10:00] | Wasn’t that whole thing a complete disaster? | 可那张专辑不是彻底的失败吗? |
[10:02] | I told Garth it was a bad idea! | 我早就跟加斯说那不是个好主意! |
[10:05] | -Ugh, great, now I’m sweating. -Just be yourself. | 好极了 现在我开始流汗了 做你自己就好 |
[10:09] | Without that tie. | 还是摘了这条领带吧 |
[10:11] | All I know is I was on Facebook two days ago, | 我只知道两天前我还能登陆脸书 |
[10:15] | and now they won’t let me back in. | 但现在登不上去了 |
[10:17] | As your begrudging IT specialist, I ask that you own your part in this. | 作为你心不甘情不愿的IT专家 我认为这是你自己的原因 |
[10:20] | -I feel that Facebook hates me. -[Bud groans] | 我觉得脸书讨厌我 |
[10:24] | Okay, now your password is reset. | 好了 现在密码重置好了 |
[10:28] | “Frankie’s dying, but I can’t watch. I’m in too much pain.” | “弗兰基要死了 但我不忍心看 我太痛苦了” |
[10:32] | Dad? Why? | 爸?为何发这种状态? |
[10:33] | She was dying of laughter at that hilarious Marge video, | 她当时在看那个搞笑的玛吉视频 都要笑得喘不上来气了 |
[10:39] | “When an ostrich attacks.” | “鸵鸟袭击时” |
[10:41] | Except you didn’t actually post Marge’s video. | 只是你没有上传那个玛吉视频 |
[10:43] | And now someone named Nan Jo Steen is sharing memories of Mom | 现在一个叫南乔斯坦恩的人 在分享她对妈妈的回忆 |
[10:46] | and asking when she can bring a casserole. | 还问能不能带炖锅菜过来 |
[10:48] | Oh, no. | 哦 糟了 |
[10:50] | Can we fix this? | 我们能补救一下吗? |
[10:52] | Just be glad that most of your Facebook friends are cats. | 我很欣慰你大多数脸书好友都是猫咪 我看起来如何? |
[10:55] | [Robert clears throat] | |
[10:57] | [exhales] How do I look? | |
[11:00] | Great. Just lose the shades when we get to the funeral home. | 好极了 但等我们到了殡仪馆 你记得把眼镜摘了 |
[11:03] | Oh, no, they stay on, so no one can see I’m not crying. | 不行 我要戴着眼镜 这样就不会有人看到我没在哭了 尼克 你知道杰克 之前是做音乐的吗? |
[11:09] | [camera clicks] | |
[11:11] | [Frankie exhales] | |
[11:16] | [exhales] Nick, did you know that Jack was in the music business? | |
[11:20] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[11:25] | Go on, honey. Tell him what kind of music you like. | 说啊 亲爱的 告诉他你喜欢什么类型的音乐 我什么类型的都喜欢 |
[11:29] | Uh, you know, all kinds. | |
[11:32] | No way. Jack likes all kinds of music, too. | 不是吧 杰克也喜欢各种类型的音乐 |
[11:36] | What a coincidence. | 真巧啊 |
[11:37] | If it hadn’t just happened, I wouldn’t have believed it. [chuckles] | 要不是今天亲耳听到 我一定不会相信 |
[11:41] | [Frankie clears throat] | |
[11:43] | Nick, did you know that Jack used to be super rich? | 尼克 你知道杰克曾经超级有钱吗? |
[11:46] | That’s terrible. I’m so sorry. | 这真是太惨了 我为你感到遗憾 |
[11:49] | Well, you should know better than anyone that money can’t buy you happiness. | 你应该比任何人都清楚 钱买不来快乐 |
[11:56] | He’s joking. [stammers] It’s a joke. | 他开玩笑的 这就是个玩笑 |
[11:58] | [Grace laughs] | |
[12:02] | Grace and I are thinking we should all go to Japan and soak with the snow monkeys. | 我和格蕾丝在考虑我们应该 一起去日本 然后跟雪猴泡温泉 |
[12:06] | We haven’t hashed out that specific. | 这个还没商量好呢 |
[12:08] | In Nagano… | 在日本长野… |
[12:09] | [speaking Japanese] | |
[12:14] | -Are you fluent in Japanese? -[chuckles] | 你日语说得这么好? |
[12:16] | Would you say I was fluent if I could walk into the biggest record label in Tokyo | 你会觉得我日语说得溜吗? 如果我能走进东京最大的唱片公司 |
[12:22] | and negotiate a landmark deal for Yoko Ono in her native Japonic language? | 用小野洋子的母语 代表她跟对方谈判 一笔具有历史意义的买卖 |
[12:27] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[12:28] | Then… no. They had absolutely no idea what I was saying. | 其实…我说得根本不好 因为他们完全听不懂我在说什么 小野洋子也没有坐上第一名的宝座 但我喜欢去那里 |
[12:31] | -[all laugh] -And Yoko did not come out on top. | |
[12:35] | -[all laugh] -But I loved being over there. | |
[12:37] | Japanese baseball is my religion. | 我超级喜欢日本棒球 |
[12:40] | Get out! I’m a Yomiuri Giant. What’s your team? | 不是吧!我是读卖巨人队的粉丝 你喜欢哪支球队? |
[12:43] | Oh. The Nippon-Ham Fighters. | 北海道火腿斗士队 |
[12:45] | -Obviously. -Oh. | 很显然 但我确实有一次确实接住了 王贞治打出的全垒打 |
[12:46] | But I did once catch a home run hit by Sadaharu Oh. | |
[12:50] | Broke my hand. Best compound fracture of my life. | 我手都骨折了 那是我这辈子最棒的开放性骨折 |
[12:54] | Nothing. I got nothing. | 一片空白 我什么都想不起来 还是不行 |
[12:58] | [exhales] Still nothing. | |
[13:01] | Maybe you were his senior officer? | 或许你是他的上级? |
[13:03] | A wartime role model? | 一个战争时期的楷模? |
[13:06] | I was the ship’s weatherographer, and I never left the Caribbean. | 我当时是船上的天气预测员 而且我从未离开过加勒比海域 |
[13:09] | The greatest contribution I made to the war | 我对战争最大的贡献 |
[13:11] | was telling hungover sailors to buck up. | 就是让宿醉的船员打起精神来 |
[13:14] | And maybe those were precisely the words | 或许你当初说的那番话恰好是 |
[13:16] | a young, impressionable Reggie needed to hear. | 年轻 可塑性强的雷吉需要听到的 -你好 我是索尔 -你好 索尔 |
[13:22] | -Hello, I’m Sol. -Sol. | |
[13:24] | -And this is Robert from the Navy. -[gasps] | 这是曾在海军服役的罗伯特 |
[13:27] | Robert! [gasps] | 罗伯特! |
[13:29] | Oh! | |
[13:32] | Finally, we meet. | 我们终于见面了 |
[13:34] | My condolences. | 请您节哀 |
[13:35] | Thank you so much for coming. | 你能来 我真是太感谢你了 |
[13:38] | We saved a seat for you right up front. | 我们专门在前排给你们留了座位 |
[13:39] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不用了 |
[13:41] | We’d hate to intrude on family. | 我们不想打扰你们的家人 |
[13:43] | Oh, hush. You practically are family. | 胡说什么 你就是我们的家人 先生 |
[13:46] | Uh, sir, | |
[13:48] | could you show Robert and Sol to their seats? | 你能带罗伯特和索尔 去他们的座位吗? |
[13:52] | [slight exhales] | |
[13:56] | Where did you two sneak off to? | 你们俩刚刚溜去哪里了? |
[13:58] | I had my booze concierge deliver a vintage bottle of Yamazaki. | 我让酒童送来了 一瓶复古山崎威士忌 |
[14:02] | Wow, Nick doesn’t get the Yamazaki for just any man. | 哇哦 尼克可不会随便 拿山崎威士忌招待人 |
[14:06] | I hope not. It’s a hundred dollars a sip. | 但愿如此 喝一小口就得100美元呢 |
[14:08] | -Ooh. -[Nick] Jack. | 杰克 |
[14:10] | -You’ve been to Hawaii, right? -[Jack] Ooh. | 你去过夏威夷吧? |
[14:12] | How would you two like to join us there for Frankie’s birthday next weekend? | 不如你们下周跟我们一起去那里 度周末 顺便庆祝弗兰基的生日? |
[14:15] | [gasps] | |
[14:16] | There’s a food and wine soiree, all-star lineup. | 那里会举办一场美食佳肴晚宴 都是好东西 |
[14:19] | And we can have Emeril whip up a cake. | 我们可以让艾梅里尔做个蛋糕 |
[14:21] | Are you serious? I love Emeril! | 你是认真的吗?我超喜欢艾梅里尔! |
[14:24] | -Bam! -Oh! | 太好了! |
[14:25] | Oh, Nick, I love that spontaneous idea that just came to you all on your own. | 尼克 我真喜欢你自己 即兴想出的这个主意 |
[14:30] | Oh, so it’s a plan. | 那就这么定了 |
[14:32] | -Here’s to Hawaii! -[Jack chuckles] | 敬夏威夷! |
[14:34] | -[Nick] Hawaii. -Hawaii. | 夏威夷 |
[14:36] | [Grace] To Hawaii. | 敬夏威夷 |
[14:37] | To the Fab Four! | 敬神奇四人组! |
[14:39] | [gasps] We should all get matching haircuts. | 我们应该剪成配套的发型 |
[14:42] | -[Grace chuckles] -[knocking] | |
[14:44] | [stammers] I’ll get it. Goodness. | 我去开门 我的天 |
[14:50] | [Frankie] Is this an aphrodisiac? | 这是催情药吗? |
[14:51] | Jac-Jacob? What are you doing here? | 雅各布?你怎么来了? |
[14:53] | I’m here to see Frankie. | 我是来看弗兰基的 |
[14:55] | Oh, well, unfortunately, it’s not a good time. | 不幸的是 你来的不是时候 |
[14:58] | [Jacob] I know. | 我知道 |
[14:59] | I saw the news on Facebook. That’s why I came. | 我看到脸书上的消息了 所以就来了 |
[15:02] | On Facebook? What… What do you mean? | 脸书?你什么…意思? |
[15:05] | -I’m so sorry, Grace. -Uh… | 我真的为你感到遗憾 格蕾丝 |
[15:10] | [Frankie chuckles] | |
[15:12] | Frankie! | 弗兰基! |
[15:14] | Frankie! | |
[15:16] | Oh! | |
[15:18] | Jacob. | 雅各布? |
[15:20] | [Jacob] Oh, Frankie. | 弗兰基 |
[15:23] | Jacob is Frankie’s former yam… supplier. | 雅各布曾是弗兰基的番薯…供应商 显然他是刚从圣达菲赶过来的 |
[15:27] | -Oh. -[Grace] Apparently just in from Santa Fe. | |
[15:29] | -[Frankie exhales] -[Grace] Uh… | |
[15:32] | -How are you feeling, Frankie? -Well, um, okay, all things considered. | -你最近怎么样 弗兰基? -总的来说 还可以 |
[15:36] | I… I’m, uh… I’m a little bloated. | 我…有点发胖 |
[15:38] | My knees hurt. My back, too. | 我的膝盖也疼 还有我的背 |
[15:41] | It doesn’t like to be upstaged. | 它不允许被别人抢了风头 |
[15:42] | Oh, my hearing is shot. | 我的听力也下降了 |
[15:45] | It’s all falling apart, really. | 我这把老骨头在慢慢散架呢 |
[15:47] | Jacob. Jacob, you remember Nick. | 雅各布 你应该还记得尼克 |
[15:50] | And this is Jack, Frankie’s boyfriend. | 这是杰克 弗兰基的男朋友 |
[15:53] | They’re getting very serious, and we’re all going to Hawaii together. | 他们在认真交往 我们还要一起去夏威夷呢 |
[15:57] | -You always did live life to the fullest. -[Frankie exhales] | 你总是把生活过到极致 |
[16:01] | Oh. | |
[16:02] | Yeah, he’s going in for another one. | 好吧 他又去抱她了 (骨头餐厅) |
[16:09] | [Barry] And when you make the reservation, | 预定的时候 |
[16:11] | they let you pick out the specific rib you’re going to eat. | 他们会让你选好具体要吃的肋骨部分 |
[16:15] | Oh, wait. Where are our rib bibs? | 等一下 我们的肋骨围嘴呢? |
[16:16] | Oh, no. They must have gotten burned when I lit them on fire. | 糟糕 它们一定被我拿火点着烧毁了 |
[16:20] | But Mallory said we looked so cute. | 但玛洛琳说我们戴起来很可爱啊 |
[16:22] | I lied. | 我那时候说谎了 我喜欢你坦白自己说谎的样子 |
[16:23] | [chuckles] I love it when you are honest about lying. | |
[16:27] | Your cabernet. | 你们的解百纳葡萄酒 |
[16:29] | Oh, actually, these are the wrong glasses. | 其实 你拿错杯子了 |
[16:32] | -I’m sorry, I’ll– -These are Bourgogne glasses. | -抱歉 我去… -这些是用来喝勃艮第的杯子 |
[16:34] | They’re used for more complex and velvety reds. | 它们适用于口感更复杂 更柔和顺口的红酒 看来今晚要很难熬了 |
[16:37] | Oh, it’s going to be a long night. | |
[16:40] | I apologize. Just one moment. | 对不起 请稍等 |
[16:42] | [Dan] Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. | |
[16:45] | I’m sorry. I used to wait tables, so I guess I have high standards. | 抱歉 我之前做过服务生 所以要求比较高 |
[16:50] | You know what? You were right. I’m glad you said something. | 其实 你说得对 我很高兴你说了出来 我很高兴我们的服务生 会往我们的食物里吐口水 |
[16:53] | And I’m glad our waiter’s going to go spit in our food. | |
[16:57] | I’m gonna see if he needs anything. | 我去看看他要不要帮忙 |
[17:02] | Jordy! | 乔迪! |
[17:04] | I have loved Reggie since I met him. | 我对雷吉一见钟情 |
[17:08] | And I will never stop loving him. | 我永远不会停止爱他 |
[17:12] | We are blessed to have someone very special with us. | 我们很荣幸请到了 对我们俩有特殊意义的一位客人 |
[17:18] | Robert? | 罗伯特? |
[17:22] | Robert, would you say a few words? | 罗伯特 你想说几句吗? |
[17:26] | It would mean so much to Reggie. | 这对雷吉来说意义非凡 |
[17:31] | You should probably go with the “buck up” story. | 或许你该上去讲讲 如果提振他们士气的故事 |
[17:34] | [exhales] | |
[17:42] | What the hell is Jacob doing here? | 雅各布怎么来了? |
[17:46] | And where the “H” did I hide my emergency Starburst? | 我把紧急星爆糖放哪了? |
[17:50] | You gnawed through it all during the broadcast of Peter Pan LIVE! | 你做彼得潘现场直播的时候吃光了! |
[17:54] | I wanted it to succeed. | 我希望我的广播节目能成功 |
[17:56] | Unlike someone I know. | 而不是像我认识的某个人 |
[17:58] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:59] | Jacob said he saw the news on Facebook. | 雅各布说他是在脸书上看到消息的 |
[18:03] | What… What could that mean? | 这…这是什么意思? |
[18:05] | I did post a selfie of me and Jack on our two-month textiversary. | 我确实在我和杰克发短信两个月 纪念日时发了一张我和杰克的自拍 |
[18:09] | It might have gone viral. I wouldn’t know. | 可能那张照片火了 我是不会知道了 |
[18:11] | I spilled Hawaiian Punch all over my MacBook, and it dead. | 因为我把夏威夷潘趣酒洒在 苹果电脑上了 然后它就坏了 |
[18:15] | That’s it. I will bet you a purse full of Starburst | 就是这样 我跟你赌一手袋的星爆糖 |
[18:19] | he found out you’re in a relationship, and he can’t handle it. | 他发现你谈恋爱了 然后实在受不了 |
[18:22] | You think? | 你这么想? |
[18:24] | You haven’t heard from Jacob since you broke up. | 自从你们分手后 就再也没有联系过 |
[18:26] | Now he shows up the minute you have a new boyfriend? [annoyed chuckle] | 现在你一交新男友 他马上就出现了? |
[18:30] | [exhales] It is weird he didn’t phone first. | 真奇怪 他都没提前打个电话 |
[18:32] | I could’ve been in Japan. | 我可能会在日本的 |
[18:34] | And boy, he laid it on thick. | 是啊 老天 他也太夸张了 |
[18:37] | He even hugged me. | 他甚至还抱了我 |
[18:39] | He hates me! | 他明明很讨厌我的! |
[18:40] | That’s true. | 是啊 |
[18:42] | But it’s unlike Jacob to resort to hug warfare. | 但雅各布不是那种发动拥抱战争的人 他是个男人 只是典型的男性行为 |
[18:45] | Oh, he’s a man. It’s typical male behavior. | |
[18:48] | Only wanting what they can’t have. | 得不到的都是好的 |
[18:49] | Well, of course he still wants me. | 他当然还想跟我在一起 |
[18:51] | If anything, he’s a victim, helpless against my enchantments. | 总之 他是个受害者 对我的魅力毫无阻挡之力 |
[18:56] | [Frankie exhales] | |
[18:58] | Do you really have a purse full of Starburst? | 你真的有一手袋的星爆糖吗? |
[19:01] | So, Jacob, how are you? | 雅各布 你好吗? |
[19:03] | I just can’t help but be angry with God. | 我忍不住生上帝的气 |
[19:09] | Frankie, you’re happy with Jack, right? | 弗兰基 你跟杰克很开心 对吧? |
[19:11] | Like Bill Murray in a photobomb. | 开心得就像照片炸弹里的比尔默里 好 那你就得赶紧过去 把雅各布打发走 |
[19:13] | Yeah. Then you have to get back in there and send Jacob packing. | |
[19:16] | Now? In the night? In the dark? | 现在吗?大半夜的?外面天都黑着? |
[19:19] | You don’t want Jack to get the wrong idea | 你不能让杰克误会 |
[19:21] | now that things are starting to fall into place. | 以为你们俩之间出问题了 |
[19:24] | N-Now that Nick loves Jack, we’re this close to having it all. | 现在尼克那么喜欢杰克 我们差这么一点就能成功了 |
[19:28] | That guy is sucking all the air out of that room. | 那家伙把屋子里的空气都吸走了 |
[19:31] | I feel like he’s coming for my lungs next. | 我感觉他接下来 就要来吸我肺里的空气了 |
[19:33] | -Preaching to the choir here, fella. -Jack, on the other hand… | -伙计 我正在努力说服她 -而杰克… |
[19:36] | Frankie, what a catch. | 弗兰基 他人多好啊 |
[19:39] | Yeah. It’s worth protecting, don’t you think? | 是啊 你必须保护这段恋情 不是吗? |
[19:41] | [grunts in frustration] | |
[19:42] | Man alive, how many times do I have to break up with this guy? | 我的老天爷 我究竟要跟这家伙分多少次手? |
[19:49] | There was a heaviness aboard the ship that day. | 那天船上气氛很沉重 |
[19:52] | -Morale was low. -[organ playing] | 所有人士气低下 |
[19:54] | -There was a tropical storm… -This is Henson, right? | -当时我们正经历热带风暴… -他是亨森 对吧? |
[19:58] | -Palm trees swayed violently… -Hanson, actually. | -棕榈树被吹得东歪西倒… -其实是汉森 |
[20:00] | Right. | 对 |
[20:01] | It’s amazing to be able to put a face to the story. | 能亲眼看到故事的主角真是太好了 |
[20:04] | -The story? -Then I found Reggie on the main deck. | -故事? -然后我发现雷吉在主甲板上 |
[20:06] | He’s probably too proud to talk about it. | 他或许太自豪了 所以说不出口 |
[20:09] | I mean, to pull Reggie out of the bombed-out ship | 毕竟 是他把雷吉 从那艘被炸翻了的船里拖出来 |
[20:13] | moments before it sank into the port of Saigon. | 就在它沉入西贡港的几秒钟之前 |
[20:17] | I approached him, and I said, “Hello.” | 我走到他身边 对他说:“你好” |
[20:22] | And that would be the Vietnamese Saigon? | 你说的是越南的西贡? |
[20:25] | Not… Not the Caribbean one? | 不是…加勒比海的那个港口? |
[20:28] | [Robert] I could tell he was tired. | 我看得出来他很疲惫 |
[20:30] | I looked into Reggie’s eyes, | 我直视他的眼睛 |
[20:33] | the eyes of youth, of innocence, | 一双年轻、天真 |
[20:36] | of fear, | 充满恐惧 |
[20:37] | of war. | 和战事的眼睛 |
[20:39] | And I said… | 然后我说… |
[20:41] | “Buck up.” | “振作起来” |
[20:43] | And by God, did he buck up. | 老天 他真的振作了起来 |
[20:46] | He bucked up for himself that day, | 他那天为自己振作了起来 |
[20:49] | but he also bucked up for America. | 也为美国振作了起来 |
[21:05] | -Thank you very much. -Thank you. | -非常感谢 -谢谢 |
[21:07] | -Really moving, sir. -Thank you. | -您的故事很感人 先生 -谢谢 |
[21:09] | There’s been a mistake. | 他们搞错了 |
[21:11] | Wonderful speech. | 你讲得真好 |
[21:12] | They think you’re Henson, not Hanson. | 他们以为你是亨森 不是汉森 |
[21:14] | Henson, Hanson. We were all brothers, Sol. | 管他亨森还是汉森 反正我们都是兄弟 索尔 |
[21:17] | Well, one brother doesn’t remember Reggie, | 但有一个兄弟不记得雷吉 |
[21:20] | and the other brother pulled his unconscious body | 而另一个兄弟在越共的枪林弹雨中 |
[21:23] | from the bloodied waters | 把陷入昏迷的雷吉 |
[21:24] | while Viet Cong bullets whizzed by. | 从血水里拽了出来 |
[21:27] | Which brother do you think was invited to do the eulogy? | 你觉得是哪个兄弟 被邀请来致哀悼词? |
[21:33] | [exhales] | |
[21:34] | This is punishment for leaving the house. | 这就是离开家的惩罚 |
[21:39] | [Barry gasps] | |
[21:40] | There she is. | 她终于来了 |
[21:42] | There’s my lady rib. [chuckles] | 我的肋骨女士 |
[21:44] | I love you so much. | 我好爱你 |
[21:47] | Thank you, Jordy. | 谢谢你 乔迪 |
[21:49] | It means the world to us that you, you know, brought this over. | 你把牛小排带到我们身边 这对我们来说意义非凡 |
[21:52] | Just doing my job. | 这是我该做的 |
[21:54] | That’s what all heroes say. | 英雄都这么说 |
[21:56] | Okay. Hey, you need to settle. | 好了 嘿 你得稳定一下情绪 |
[21:59] | Okay, so, this five-pounder was smoked for eight hours | 好的 这块两公斤的牛排经过了 八个小时 |
[22:02] | -at 180 degrees. -One hundred and eighty degrees. | -180度高温的熏制 -180度 |
[22:05] | [Barry chuckles] | |
[22:06] | Isn’t this supposed to be a savory brown? | 但肉不该是可口的棕色吗? |
[22:10] | ‘Cause what I’m seeing is black. | 因为我看到的是黑色 |
[22:12] | -Oh, shit. -He was a waiter. | -该死 -他当过服务生 |
[22:14] | He has a great eye for meat. | 所以他一眼能看出肉的好坏 |
[22:16] | Uh, what you’re seeing is a lightly charred surface, finished with– | 你们看到的是微微烤焦的表面 最后刷过了… |
[22:21] | -Scallion oil. -I think I know burnt when I see it. | 葱油 烤糊了就是烤糊了 我看得出来 |
[22:24] | And you’ve got that great eye for meat, so… | 你一眼就能看出肉的好坏 所以… |
[22:26] | It’s not burnt. It’s charred. | 不是烤糊 是烤焦 |
[22:29] | Hmm. Hmm. | |
[22:30] | Well, those are synonyms. | 本来说的就是一个意思 |
[22:31] | No. No, they’re not. They’re different words. | 不 不是的 它们有不同的含义 |
[22:34] | Don’t worry, I got this. | 别担心 我来处理 |
[22:36] | I think we’re gonna have to send this back. | 我想我们要退掉它 不!不行 其他牛小牌都被预定了 告诉他啊 乔迪 |
[22:38] | No! No, we’re not. All the other ribs are taken. Tell him, Jordy. | |
[22:42] | Barry is correct, sir. This is the last one. | 巴里说得对 先生 这是最后一块了 |
[22:44] | Uh, this one is fine, right? This is fine. | 这块还可以 对吧?还可以 |
[22:46] | -No, it’s not! -This is fine. This is fine. | -不 不可以! -可以的 |
[22:48] | It’s not. We paid good money for this. | 不可以 我们可是花了不少钱 |
[22:50] | Well, actually, Barry paid– | 其实是巴里付的钱… |
[22:51] | [gasps] | |
[22:52] | -[gasps] -And it is burnt. | 结果你们把它烤糊了 |
[22:55] | You’ll see when I cut into it– | 等我切开后你就会明白… |
[22:57] | Oh, no, no! I… I will cut into it. | 不!我…我来切 |
[22:59] | And you know what I’m gonna see when I get in there, huh? | 你知道我切开后会看到什么吗? |
[23:02] | Burnt stuff! Yeah. | 烤糊了的肉!对 |
[23:04] | Dan. Dan, don’t– | 丹 别… |
[23:07] | Aha! Ha! | 啊哈! |
[23:09] | See? See? What color is that? Hmm? | 瞧啊!看到没?这是什么颜色? |
[23:11] | [all] Savory brown. | 可口的棕色 |
[23:13] | Sir, I’m afraid you’re wrong. | 先生 恐怕你说错了 |
[23:14] | I am not wrong! It is scorched! | 我没错!这肉就是烤糊了! |
[23:18] | Look! | 瞧啊! |
[23:19] | [all gasp] | |
[23:20] | [yells] Dude! | 兄弟! |
[23:22] | What the fuck? | 搞什么? |
[23:25] | [stifled laugh] Jordy, more wine. | 乔迪 再给我们倒点酒 |
[23:32] | I hate to be the one to tell you this, | 我讨厌这么跟你说 |
[23:35] | but you’re too late. | 但你来得太迟了 |
[23:38] | It’s moving that fast? | 发展得那么快吗? |
[23:39] | Hey, at our age, you have to make every minute count. | 嘿 到了我们这个年纪 必须充分利用每分每秒 |
[23:45] | You’re so brave. | 你真是太勇敢了 |
[23:47] | Oh, how am I supposed to compete with that? | 我要怎么跟他竞争呢? |
[23:49] | He grows his own vegetables, and I travel with two inhalers. | 他自己种蔬菜 而我出个门都要带两个吸入器 |
[23:53] | But you’ve got new guy energy. That guy’s angry at God. | 但你有新人的能量 那家伙总是对上帝不敬 |
[23:57] | You’re fine. Yeah, it’s fine. | 你没事的 对 没事的 |
[23:59] | Let’s keep our eye on the prize, people. | 我们把奖品盯好了 伙计们 |
[24:02] | -Frankie? -Hawaii? | -弗兰基? -夏威夷? |
[24:03] | We will have both. | 两个都能搞定 |
[24:06] | So, have you… got a second opinion? | 所以你…有没有听听别人的看法? |
[24:09] | Well, in matters like this, I… | 在这种事情上 我… |
[24:11] | I like to think that I’m the final authority. | 我觉得自己说了算 |
[24:14] | But if you must know, Grace and Nick are pretty stoked on it. | 但如果你非想知道 格蕾丝和尼克都觉得还不错 |
[24:19] | What the hell does that even mean? | 你这话什么意思? |
[24:21] | Fine, I’ll say it. They’re Team Jack. | 好吧 那我就直说了 他们都支持杰克 |
[24:24] | And Grace is right, you only came sniffin’ around because I’m off the market. | 格蕾丝说得对 你就是看我跟别人在一起了 才过来找麻烦 |
[24:28] | Frankie. I didn’t come here because you’re dating someone. | 弗兰基 我过来不是因为 你在跟其他人约会 |
[24:32] | You didn’t? | 不是吗? |
[24:33] | I came here because I found out you’re dying. | 我来是因为我知道你快要死了 |
[24:40] | Could you repeat that last part? | 你能重复一下最后几个字吗? |
[24:43] | [exhales] | |
[24:46] | Looks like it’s my turn to buck up. | 看来这次该我振作起来了 |
[24:50] | Thank you again. That was quite the speech. | 再次感谢你 你的演讲太精彩了 |
[24:53] | Dorothy, I have to tell you something. | 多萝西 我得告诉你一件事 |
[24:56] | It’s not too late. We can still get out of here. | 现在还不算太迟 我们还能离开 |
[24:59] | Is what Robert said to Reggie, | 就是罗伯特拿刀刺向鲨鱼 |
[25:01] | as he was stabbing a shark and pulling him to safety. | 把雷吉拖到安全区域时 对他说的一些话 |
[25:03] | It’s okay, Sol. | 没事的 索尔 |
[25:06] | I am not who you think I am. | 你找错人了 |
[25:09] | I’m Robert Hanson, not Henson. | 我是罗伯特汉森 不是亨森 |
[25:11] | The Robert Hanson that attended basic training in NTC San Diego in ’63? | 在1963年在圣地亚戈海军培训中心 参加过基础培训的罗伯特汉森? |
[25:17] | Well, yes. But I am not the man who saved your husband. | 对 没错 但救你丈夫的人不是我 |
[25:20] | I know that. That was Henson. | 我知道 是亨森救了他 |
[25:23] | And between us, he turned out to be a bit of a jackass. | 这话就咱俩之间说说 他后来变得很混蛋 |
[25:27] | Can we say that about a war hero? | 我们能这么说战争英雄吗? |
[25:30] | Bless his heart. | 他真是可惜了 |
[25:31] | Sure, we’re forever grateful, | 当然 我们永远对他心存感激 |
[25:33] | but he lorded that over Reggie his whole life. | 但他一辈子都拿这件事压制雷吉 |
[25:35] | He even guilted us into funding his son’s student film, | 他甚至利用我们的歉意 让我们出钱帮他儿子拍在校电影 |
[25:39] | which turned out to be pretty offensive. | 那电影非常冒犯人 |
[25:43] | Then why did you reach out to me, of all people? | 但为什么你非要联系我? |
[25:47] | Reggie never told you, did he? | 雷吉从未告诉过你 对吧? 他参加基础培训时很是头疼 |
[25:49] | -Hmm? -He struggled all through basic training. | |
[25:52] | And one day, when he already had two strikes against him, | 有一天 在遭遇了 两件不愉快的事情后 |
[25:54] | he forgot to polish his shoes. | 他忘了擦自己的皮鞋 |
[25:57] | And when the commander came in to inspect them, they were perfect, | 当指挥官进来视察的时候 它的鞋子锃光瓦亮 |
[26:00] | because someone | 因为有人 |
[26:03] | had shined them for Reggie. | 替他擦了鞋子 |
[26:06] | I did. [slight chuckle] | 是我擦的 |
[26:07] | Robert does love a shiny shoe. | 罗伯特确实喜欢锃光瓦亮的鞋子 |
[26:10] | If Reggie had failed that inspection– | 要是雷吉在视察中出错… |
[26:12] | They would have revoked his liberty. | 他就会被关禁闭 |
[26:15] | Well, I am glad he was able to get off the base that weekend, | 我很高兴他那周末能离开基地 |
[26:18] | but what I did was hardly an act of valor. | 但我的行为根本算不上英雄之举 |
[26:22] | Sweetie, that was the weekend he met me. | 亲爱的 他就是在那个周末认识我的 |
[26:25] | [gasps] | |
[26:26] | We were married for 50 years. | 我们结婚50年 |
[26:29] | He told our kids that story all the time. | 他总是跟我们的孩子讲起这个故事 |
[26:32] | You taught us how far a little kindness can go. | 你教会了我们小小的善意 能产生多么巨大的影响 |
[26:37] | Oh, you’ve got to meet everyone. | 你一定要见见所有人 |
[26:39] | Let me go and corral the troops. | 我去把他们都召集起来 |
[26:41] | Junior! | 小雷吉 |
[26:44] | Henson saved his life, but Hanson gave him one. | 亨森救了他的命 但汉森给了他生命 |
[26:49] | -I just can’t believe it. -Why? | -真是不可思议 -为什么? |
[26:52] | You’ve been looking after me for 30 years. | 你照顾了我30年 |
[26:54] | Only because I didn’t think you were looking. | 那是因为我觉得你没注意到 |
[27:02] | [Sol] Aww. | |
[27:04] | Oh! | |
[27:08] | He said we were beef brothers. | 他还说我们是牛肉兄弟 |
[27:12] | He put on a fucking bib. | 他还戴上婴儿围嘴 他道了多少次歉了? |
[27:15] | [cell phone chimes] | |
[27:18] | -[Mallory groans] -How many apologies is that? | |
[27:20] | Ten text messages, | 10条短信 17个捂脸的表情 |
[27:22] | 17 facepalm emojis, | |
[27:24] | and however many times he said, “I am such a fuck-knuckle,” | 还说了无数次“我就是个大白痴” |
[27:28] | as security escorted him out. | 保安人员把他请出去了 |
[27:32] | [sighs] | |
[27:34] | These are very heartfelt, though. | 但他的道歉都是真心的 |
[27:38] | You can’t keep seeing him. You know that, right? | 你不能再继续跟他约会了 你知道的吧? |
[27:41] | He assassinated our dinner. | 他谋杀了我们的晚餐 |
[27:43] | May it rest in peace. | 愿牛小排安息 |
[27:44] | -It’s not like he punched a person. -Even worse. | -他又没打人 -这比打人更糟糕 |
[27:47] | He punched a short rib. | 可他砸烂了一块牛小排 |
[27:50] | Nobody’s perfect, right? | 人无完人 对吧? |
[27:52] | And he’s so good with the kids. Oh, my gosh. | 他跟孩子们相处得非常好 我的天 |
[27:54] | -He punched a short rib. -Yeah. | -他砸烂了一块牛小排 -对 |
[27:58] | I know. I know. It’s just… | 我知道 只是… |
[28:00] | Now I have to start all over with someone else? | 现在我又得另找个人重新开始了吗? |
[28:02] | Listen, on the plus side, | 听着 好的一面是 |
[28:04] | you get to drag a new person to see those dumb flowers. | 你可以拖另外一个人去看那破花海了 |
[28:07] | And you get to have lots of hot sex to the sounds of Ed Sheeran. | 而且你能边听艾德希兰的歌 边跟对方疯狂地做爱 你们看见了吗? 12号桌的客人没吃完他们的牛小排 |
[28:12] | You guys seeing this? | |
[28:14] | Table 12 didn’t finish their rib. [chuckles] | |
[28:20] | Ma’am, I’m so sorry. | 女士 真的很抱歉 |
[28:24] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[28:25] | I think I’ve been holding my breath since I saw Sol’s post. | 我看到索尔发的状态后 心一直悬在嗓子眼上 |
[28:28] | Well, I feel like just kicking him in the shins | 他让你受了这么大的罪 |
[28:31] | for putting you through all this. | 我真想踢他的小腿 |
[28:33] | I can’t imagine how I would feel | 我实在想象不出自己会作何感受 |
[28:35] | if I found out I was dying via Facebook. | 如果我发现我在脸书上就要死了 |
[28:38] | I was so shaken. I was standing in line to buy a green-chile torta | 我都被吓傻了 我在手机上看到时 |
[28:42] | when I saw it on my phone. | 正排队买冻辣椒托塔 |
[28:44] | I walked out of the market, got in my car, | 我走出超市 直奔自己的车子 |
[28:46] | and drove 13 hours straight here. | 连续开了13个小时的车 |
[28:49] | You walked away from a Santa Fe Sammich… | 你居然在辣椒丰收期… |
[28:52] | during peak chile season… | 抛弃了圣达菲三明治 |
[28:55] | just for me? | 就是为了专程来看我? |
[28:56] | Frankie. | 弗兰基 |
[28:58] | Of course I did. | 当然是了 |
[29:00] | -Oh! -[chuckles] | |
[29:04] | Yeah. Okay, it’s… it’s a dynamic situation, | 好吧 现在…情况有点波动 |
[29:07] | but we have to dictate the tempo. You have to up your game. | 但我们必须主宰节奏 你得加把劲了 |
[29:11] | -Do you have any candy in your pocket? -What? No. | -你口袋里有糖果吗? -什么?没有 |
[29:13] | What? He just said I had new guy energy. | 什么?他刚还说我有新人的能量 |
[29:17] | I know I did, buddy. But now it’s up to you to breathe life into those words. | 我是说过 兄弟 但现在你得证明我的话了 |
[29:24] | I cannot believe you drove all the way here, | 我不敢相信你开了这么长时间的车 |
[29:27] | and now you’ve got to drive all the way back. | 现在又得一路开回去 |
[29:31] | Let me get you a can of gas for the road. | 我去给你弄一罐汽油 |
[29:35] | I’m not going back to Santa Fe just yet. | 我不能就这样回圣达菲 |
[29:38] | You’re not? | 你不回去吗? |
[29:41] | Grace was right about one thing. | 有一件事格蕾丝说对了 |
[29:43] | I didn’t know what I had until it was gone. | 我在失去某样东西后才追悔莫及 |
[29:47] | And I am not gonna make that same mistake again. | 我不会再犯同样的错误了 |
[29:55] | [Grace exhales] | |
[29:56] | Why do I get the feeling the four of us are not going to Hawaii? | 为什么我有种预感 我们四个人去不成夏威夷了? |
[30:00] | [puffs inhaler] | |
[30:04] | [exhales] | |
[30:05] | [“Long Way Home” by Durand Jones & The Indications plays] | |
[30:16] | ♪ I’m just feeling all alone ♪ | |
[30:19] | ♪ In this world out far ♪ | |
[30:22] | ♪ And I’ve been wrapped in imitations ♪ | |
[30:25] | ♪ For the love I sought ♪ | |
[30:28] | ♪ Through the risings of the water ♪ | |
[30:30] | ♪ And the nights of endless black ♪ | |
[30:34] | ♪ I know my sister’s always got my back ♪ | |
[30:38] | ♪ I’m just a long ♪ | |
[30:41] | ♪ Long way from home ♪ | |
[30:44] | ♪ I ain’t chose the path I roam ♪ | |
[30:47] | ♪ And it’s a long way home ♪ | |
[30:52] | [woman] Okay, good night! |