时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | Here. “Oldest person ever shot out of a cannon | 看这个 “被大炮发射进一个巨型 香蕉奶油派的最年长挑战者” |
[00:52] | into a giant banana cream pie.” | |
[00:55] | Has a nice ring to it. Wouldn’t you say? | 听起来还挺炫酷的 对吧? (2022吉尼斯世界纪录) 弗兰基 坦白说吧 |
[00:58] | Frankie, I’m gonna be honest. | |
[01:01] | When you first explained what we were doing, I wasn’t listening. | 你一开始说要做什么事时 我没认真听 |
[01:05] | So, before we shoot anything out of a cannon, | 所以在用大炮发射什么东西之前 |
[01:09] | I feel like I should know what’s going on. | 我觉得我该知道要做什么 |
[01:12] | It’s pretty simple. I need a triumphant ending for my life. | 很简单 我需要给我的人生 画上一个巨大成功的句点 |
[01:16] | And I think a world record would hit the spot. | 我觉得来个世界纪录正合要求 |
[01:19] | Oh, good. | 很好啊 |
[01:21] | Well, look, there’s– | 瞧瞧 上面有… |
[01:22] | There are lots of records we can tackle. | 很多我们能做到的记录 |
[01:25] | Beard of bees, face of snails. | 蜜蜂胡子、脸爬蜗牛 |
[01:28] | All kinds of weird shit on your head. | 光用脑袋就能做的各种古怪记录 |
[01:31] | What about the weird shit in my head? Anything there? | 那我脑袋里的古怪想法呢? 里面有写吗? |
[01:35] | Oh, my God, Grace. | 老天啊 格蕾丝 |
[01:37] | Are you… eating? | 你在…暴饮暴食? |
[01:39] | I need something soothing, damn it. | 我需要能让我镇定下来的东西 真该死 |
[01:43] | And these pretzels aren’t doing it. | 这些椒盐脆饼一点儿用都没有 |
[01:45] | Grace quit the Valivan. She’s looking for something to replace it. | 格蕾丝戒掉了特效安定 她在寻找能替代它的东西 |
[01:48] | Oh, I hear heroin is excellent. | 我听说海洛因效果很棒 |
[01:51] | I also know it’s excellent. | 我也知道它很棒 |
[01:53] | How many poppy-seed bagels equal one heroin? | 吃多少罂粟种子百吉饼 能起到海洛因的作用? |
[01:56] | Four hundred, but you’ll throw up before you get there. | 四百个 但在吃够四百个前 你就会吐出来 |
[01:59] | Wait a minute. There was this dish that my mother used to make. | 等等 我妈妈曾经做的一道菜 |
[02:04] | It made me warm and happy. | 让我感觉温馨快乐 |
[02:07] | God, it was comforting. | 非常能抚慰人心 |
[02:08] | It was this spicy, red, chicken-y, paprikash-y thing. | 味道辣辣的 颜色红红的 里面有鸡肉、匈牙利辣椒粉之类的 |
[02:14] | -Chicken paprikash? -Can’t be. | -匈牙利红椒鸡? -不可能吧 |
[02:16] | -Too obvious. -Yes. | -太明显了 -没错 |
[02:18] | Chicken paprikash. | 就是匈牙利红椒鸡 |
[02:21] | I want my mother’s chicken paprikash. | 我想吃我妈妈的匈牙利红椒鸡 |
[02:24] | Of course. There it was in front of us the whole time. | 当然 事实一直就摆在我们面前 |
[02:27] | I spent some time in Hungary. | 我在匈牙利待过一段时间 |
[02:29] | Incredible heroin. | 那里的海洛因超棒的 |
[02:37] | Look. Molly lifted her own head. | 瞧 莫莉抬头了 |
[02:40] | Look. | 你瞧 |
[02:41] | Her neck muscles are actually starting to Hulk out. | 她的颈部肌肉正在鼓起来 |
[02:44] | See that? | 看见没? |
[02:45] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[02:46] | You used a laser pointer to show me, remember? | 你上次用激光笔特意 点给我看呢 忘了? |
[02:49] | In the video of her gurgling. | 她咯咯笑的那个视频 |
[02:52] | You should at least respect the science. | 你至少该尊敬一下科学 |
[02:55] | I mean, look. A year ago… | 你看 一年前 |
[02:57] | this was my sperm. | 这是我的精子 |
[02:58] | Now it’s making noises. | 现在都会出声吵闹了 |
[03:01] | It’s so noisy that maybe we should take a break from the baby talk. | 太吵闹了 也许我们该休息一下 别聊宝宝的话题了 |
[03:06] | Okay. I see where you’re coming from. | 好吧 我明白你现在的想法 |
[03:10] | It’s that place that hurts my feelings. | 肯定是让我伤心的想法 |
[03:13] | I’m sorry, it’s… | 抱歉 只是… |
[03:15] | It seems like our entire lives have been on hold since the incident. | 感觉自从那件事后 我们的全部生活一直停滞不前 |
[03:19] | I wish you’d stop referring to my daughter’s birth as “the incident.” | 希望你能别再用“那件事” 来形容我女儿的诞生 |
[03:24] | Look, I just miss you, okay? | 我只是很想你 好吗? |
[03:28] | I’m starting to wonder if you’re capable of getting through a single dinner | 我开始怀疑你能否就这么坐在这里 |
[03:32] | without talking about her and just being present. | 在晚餐期间不要提起她 |
[03:36] | Here. With me. | 和我共度二人世界 |
[03:39] | Of course I can. | 当然可以 |
[03:42] | Great. | 好极了 |
[03:45] | Because I had a bitch of a day. | 因为我今天太不顺了 |
[03:51] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I just– | 抱歉 我只是… |
[03:54] | I thought of this thing that happened yesterday. At work. | 我想起了昨天发生的一件事 当时在公司 |
[03:59] | To a co-worker. | 一个同事发生的事 |
[04:00] | -An old lady. -Huh. | 是个老太太 |
[04:04] | Who–? Who was it? | 是…哪位老太太? |
[04:05] | She’s new. You don’t know her. | 她是新来的 你不认识 |
[04:08] | She’s real old. | 岁数很大了 |
[04:13] | -Yeah. -What’s her name? | -真的 -她叫什么名字? 贝灵翰姆 |
[04:16] | Um, Bellingham. | |
[04:18] | -Her name is Bellingham? -Bellingham. | -她叫贝灵翰姆? -贝灵翰姆 |
[04:20] | Like the town. | 跟一个城市名字一样 |
[04:22] | In Washington. | 在华盛顿 |
[04:24] | -State. -Yeah, I know Bellingham is the baby. | -州的那个 -我知道这个贝灵翰姆是你闺女 |
[04:26] | Yeah. Bellingham’s the baby. | 是 我是在说她 |
[04:28] | You know what? Let’s do a real date night this weekend. | 这样吧 这周末找个晚上 我们好好约个会 |
[04:31] | And I promise I’ll focus my attention solely on you. | 我保证把全部注意力 只放在你一人身上 |
[04:34] | Now there’s the man I refuse to marry. | 这才是我不愿嫁的那个男人 |
[04:37] | That’s me. | 说的就是我 |
[04:40] | Frankie Bergstein attempting the world record | 弗兰基挑战世界纪录 |
[04:42] | for fastest recitation of “Yankee Doodle Dandy.” | 最短时间内朗诵《胜利之歌》 |
[04:47] | Okay. Three, two, one. Go! | 好了 三、二、一 开始! |
[04:55] | You did it. | 你成功了 |
[04:57] | Four seconds. That’s a new record. | 四秒钟 全新的记录 |
[04:59] | -Yay! | |
[05:04] | What are you so happy about? | 你们瞎高兴什么呢? |
[05:06] | That was the world record for speed-reciting “Yankee Doodle Dandy.” | 我刚刚创造了《胜利之歌》的 最快朗读世界纪录 |
[05:11] | Four seconds. | 只花了四秒 |
[05:12] | That was the world record for speed-reciting gibberish. | 那是最快胡言乱语的世界纪录吧 |
[05:17] | I don’t think anyone here is qualified to judge whether it’s coherent. | 我觉得这里没人有资格评判 我刚刚说的话是否清楚易懂 |
[05:21] | It’s not. | 并不是 |
[05:23] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[05:25] | There must be a record I can break. | 肯定有我能打破的世界纪录 |
[05:27] | Well, before you do that, would you try this? | 在你打破世界纪录前 能不能尝一下这个? |
[05:31] | Does it taste like my mother’s? | 尝起来像我妈妈的手艺吗? |
[05:32] | I don’t have any idea what your mother’s tasted like. | 我怎么知道你妈妈的手艺是什么味道 |
[05:36] | And definitely not. | 但我肯定不是这个味道 |
[05:39] | I’m on my fifth recipe and I can’t seem to get it any closer | 我都试了五种不同的做法了 但似乎离我妈妈的味道 |
[05:43] | to the way she made it. | 还是很遥远 |
[05:44] | Well, you must know someone who has the recipe. | 你肯定认识知道你妈妈菜谱的人 |
[05:48] | Oh, my brother, Jeffrey, has it. | 我弟弟杰弗里知道 |
[05:50] | But we haven’t talked in a couple of decades. | 但我们好几十年没联系过了 |
[05:54] | I can’t believe that you’ve been estranged all these years. | 真不敢相信你们竟然这么久不联系 |
[05:58] | I’m sure he’s a real bastard who caused their falling out. | 她弟弟肯定是个混蛋 造成了姐弟不和的局面 |
[06:01] | No, he’s a wonderful guy. | 不 他是个很好的人 |
[06:03] | Grace is a real bastard who caused their falling out. | 看来格蕾丝才是那个 造成姐弟不和的混蛋 |
[06:06] | We didn’t have a falling out. | 我们没有姐弟不和 |
[06:07] | It was just one of those things where we didn’t speak for a while, | 就是有段时间没联系 |
[06:11] | then it’s too embarrassing to even talk about it, | 然后感觉突然联系很尴尬 |
[06:14] | so you just wait until one of you hopefully dies. | 最后只能等其中一人上了天堂 才结束这个局面 |
[06:17] | That’s insane. | 难以置信 |
[06:18] | Take it from someone who’s dying next Thursday. | 听我这个下周二就要去见上帝的人 一句劝 |
[06:21] | You don’t want to leave things unresolved with your brother, | 别和你弟弟留下遗憾 |
[06:25] | especially when all you had to do was pick up the phone. | 尤其是这种只需拿起电话 拨出去就能解决的遗憾 |
[06:28] | You really don’t understand WASPs. | 你真是不了解白人新教徒 |
[06:31] | Okay. Here’s what you do. | 好吧 我们这么做 |
[06:35] | I sleep with him… | 我跟他上床… |
[06:41] | Well, I think we can all agree that plan is not without merit, | 我想我们都同意 这个计划并非一无是处 |
[06:44] | but also not fully realized. | 但也没有得到充分认识 |
[06:47] | Come on, Grace. Call your brother. | 拜托 格蕾丝 打电话给你弟弟 |
[06:49] | What are you afraid of? | 你害怕什么呢? |
[06:51] | I don’t want to get into a whole thing with him. | 我不想把他卷进来 |
[06:55] | I just want chicken paprikash. | 我只想要匈牙利红椒鸡 |
[07:00] | Maybe you’ll get the tastiest paprikash of all: | 也许你会得到世上最美味的佐料: |
[07:05] | love. | 爱 |
[07:08] | I’ve lost the thread. | 我搞不懂你们在说什么 |
[07:10] | Am I still sleeping with him? | 我还要不要跟他上床? |
[07:22] | Oh, good. It’s you. | 太好了 是你 |
[07:24] | I don’t think you’ve ever said that to me before. | 难得啊 第一次听你对我说出这句话 |
[07:26] | Where’s Robert? | 罗伯特呢? |
[07:28] | Oh, he went to Palm Springs a day early | 他一天前去了棕榈泉市 |
[07:32] | to set up the rental and go grocery shopping. | 去忙租金的事 还有采购 |
[07:35] | -So he’s at the outlets? -He’s at the outlets. | -所以他现在人在大卖场? -是的 发生什么事了? |
[07:39] | -What’s wrong? | |
[07:42] | I got the advance Guys and Dolls review from On Stage San Diego. | 我提前搞到了《圣地亚戈最佳舞台》 对《红男绿女》的评论稿 |
[07:46] | It’s a pan. | 是一篇严厉的批评 |
[07:47] | -We got trashed. -What? | -我们受到强烈抨击 -什么? |
[07:49] | But Shushman wrote it! | 可评论是舒世曼写啊! |
[07:51] | Shushman loves you guys! | 舒世曼超爱你们的! |
[07:53] | Shushman boned us. Hard. | 舒世曼对我们鸡蛋里挑骨头 |
[07:56] | What did he say about Robert? | 他是怎么写罗伯特的? |
[08:03] | “The usually reliable Robert Hanson | “很不幸 那位通常情况下很可靠的 罗伯特汉森 |
[08:06] | is unfortunately a shadow of his former self. | 如今成了过去那个他的阴影 |
[08:11] | Although he said all the right lines, | 尽管念对了所有台词 |
[08:14] | it was as if he was struggling to remember them. | 但在台上的他像是在拼命回想它们 |
[08:18] | Mr. Hanson doesn’t so much strut across the stage | 汉森先生喘息着走向最近的椅子 坐下休息的样子 |
[08:22] | with Sky-like swagger | 都比在台上 |
[08:24] | as much as he gasps his way to the nearest chair for a rest.” | 像斯盖那样昂首阔步 虚张声势的样子更有表现力” |
[08:33] | This is going to destroy Robert. | 这会毁掉罗伯特 |
[08:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:36] | He’s overly sensitive, even by gay actor standards. | 即使按同性恋演员的标准来看 他也过于敏感了 |
[08:39] | We can’t show up in Palm Springs with this review. | 我们不能带着这篇评论去棕榈泉 |
[08:43] | Which is why we should stay someplace else with a nice view and no Roberts. | 所以我们该去别的风景美丽 但没有罗伯特的地方待着 |
[08:48] | -Peter! -Sol, this is even worse for me. | -彼得! -索尔 这事对我来说更糟糕 |
[08:52] | I did the thing. | 我做了那件事 |
[08:55] | -What thing? -The thing I do. | -哪件事? -就是那件事 |
[08:58] | A week before opening night, | 开幕之夜一周前 |
[09:00] | I meet Shushman for drinks, | 我会约舒世曼喝了几杯 |
[09:01] | sleep with him, and we get a great review. | 跟他上床 然后我们就能拿到好评 |
[09:04] | What? | 什么? |
[09:06] | You sleep with him for a good review? | 你为了一篇好评跟他上床? |
[09:09] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[09:11] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[09:14] | The Republicans are right. | 共和党人是对的 |
[09:15] | Show business is terrible. | 娱乐圈太糟糕了 |
[09:18] | Wait… | 等等… |
[09:20] | If you do this every year, why didn’t it work this time? | 如果你每年都这么做 这次为什么不管用了? |
[09:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:27] | So maybe it wasn’t my best performance. | 也许我那天的表现不太好 |
[09:31] | I had Thai for lunch. | 那天中午我吃了泰餐 |
[09:33] | Thai bloats. | 泰餐让人肚子胀气 |
[09:34] | Who knew Shushman would be so discerning? | 谁知道舒世曼会这么挑剔? |
[09:37] | He’s a critic. | 他是个评论家 |
[09:38] | His whole job is to be discerning. | 挑剔是他工作的全部 |
[09:43] | We need a plan to fix this. | 我们需要想个计划解决这件事 |
[09:45] | Kill Shushman? | 干掉舒世曼? |
[09:47] | Too risky. | 风险太大 |
[09:48] | We’re going to kill the review before it ever gets published. | 我们要在这篇评论发表前搞掉它 |
[09:53] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[09:54] | I have to sleep with him, but really bring the magic this time. | 我要再跟他上个床 但这次要把我的真本事发挥出来 |
[09:58] | Go to the gym. | 我要去健身房 |
[09:59] | Eat a light lunch. I got this. | 然后吃一顿清淡的午餐 交给我吧 |
[10:01] | No. This isn’t an ’80s steam room. | 不 这里可不是八十年代的 色情汗蒸房 |
[10:04] | I’m talking about blackmail. | 我说的是威胁恐吓 好主意 怎么做? |
[10:06] | I love it. How? | |
[10:09] | -And… go. | 准备…开始 |
[10:13] | Oh, shit. | 见鬼 真该死! |
[10:16] | Oh. Oh, damn it! | |
[10:19] | What’s happening, Frankie? | 怎么了 弗兰基? |
[10:21] | It’s this fucking arthritis. | 都是这该死的关节炎 |
[10:23] | I can’t break a world record with these hands. | 我无法靠这双手打破世界纪录 |
[10:26] | I can barely hold the chopsticks. | 我连筷子都拿不稳 |
[10:29] | It’s the world record for eating dumplings we’re talking about. | 我们在做的可是吃饺子世界纪录 |
[10:33] | Can’t you rally, woman? | 你就不能振作点儿吗 姐们? |
[10:34] | I thought I could. | 我以为我能 |
[10:35] | But face it, J-M, | 但面对现实吧 琼 |
[10:37] | I’m just another old broad with “chopstick hand.” | 我只是一个 连筷子都用不了的老婆娘 |
[10:41] | So use a fork. | 那就用叉子 |
[10:43] | It’s not a big deal. | 这没什么大不了 |
[10:45] | If I can’t use chopsticks, who am I? | 连筷子都用不了的我还是我吗? |
[10:47] | Don’t you understand? This is about my life. | 你不明白吗?这事关我的人生 |
[10:50] | How could anyone understand that? | 这有谁会懂啊? |
[10:52] | I thought I’d lived a big life. | 我以为自己的人生很伟大 |
[10:55] | But as it turns out, I never really did anything big. | 但事实证明 我从未做过什么真正的大事 |
[10:58] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[11:01] | I use the vibrator you invented every night. | 我每晚都用你发明的按摩棒 |
[11:04] | And on some of the tougher mornings. | 有时候早上感觉不好时也会用 |
[11:06] | But I never became a famous artist. | 但我一直没能成为一个有名的艺术家 |
[11:09] | And the pot strain named after me turned out to be indica. | 以我命名的那个大麻品种 结果发现是印度稻 |
[11:12] | And my manifesto was rejected by The New York Times. | 《纽约时报》拒绝刊登我的宣言 |
[11:15] | You are always gonna be disappointed if all you remember are your failures. | 心中只记得失败 得到的将永远是失望 |
[11:19] | But as you approach the end, you start to wonder who you really are. | 但随着人生接近终点 人们会开始思考真正的自己是怎样的 |
[11:24] | And I’m worried that I became the one thing | 我担心自己变成了 |
[11:27] | I never wanted to be: just like everybody else. | 永远都不想成为的那种人: 和大家没什么区别 |
[11:31] | Good grief. | 老天爷 |
[11:32] | You old people are impossible. | 你们这些上岁数的真难搞 |
[11:35] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[11:37] | This is a disaster. | 完蛋了 |
[11:41] | He’s coming here. | 他要来了 |
[11:43] | -Who? -My brother. | -谁? -我弟弟 |
[11:45] | I told him I’d love to see him sometime | 我告诉他以后有时间约他见个面 |
[11:47] | and he didn’t get that I was being polite. | 他没听懂我那么说是出于礼貌 |
[11:50] | I didn’t even get a chance to ask for the recipe. | 我都没找到机会问他菜谱的事 |
[11:53] | And I’m a stranger to myself. Get over it. | 我连自己都不认识了 你这算什么麻烦 |
[11:56] | Why don’t you get over your thing? | 你那又算是什么麻烦? |
[11:59] | My thing’s about to come through that door. | 我的麻烦马上就要上门了 |
[12:01] | Fine. I’ll pull it together. | 好吧 我会振作起来 |
[12:03] | As long as when we’re done, | 等我们把事解决了 |
[12:04] | you agree to work full time on helping me | 你得同意全心全意来帮助我 |
[12:06] | to achieve immortal greatness in this, the hour of my death. | 让我在离开人世的那一刻 达到不朽的伟大成就 |
[12:11] | Yes. Fine. Whatever. | 行 好 都随你 |
[12:14] | See? | 瞧见没? |
[12:16] | That’s nice. | 这多好啊 |
[12:18] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[12:20] | You moved. I love it. | 你搬家了 新房子不错 我不觉得 |
[12:22] | Ehh. I don’t. | |
[12:25] | I was so happy to hear from you. | 我很高兴你能联系我 |
[12:27] | And relieved that you’re not a guy who harbors bad feelings about a review. | 知道你不会因为一篇评论 而心怀怨恨也着实让我松了一口气 |
[12:33] | Oh. Uh… | |
[12:35] | Hello. Who are you? | 你好 你是哪位? |
[12:36] | A guy who harbors bad feelings about a review. | 一个因为一篇评论而心怀怨恨的人 |
[12:40] | And if you insist on publishing your vicious takedown | 如果你坚持要发表这个对我丈夫 |
[12:45] | of my husband’s Sky Masterson, | 饰演的斯盖马斯特森恶意满满的 毁灭性评论 |
[12:47] | I’m the guy who’s gonna tell your editor | 我会把你和彼得的色情交易 |
[12:49] | about your arrangement with Peter. | 告诉你的编辑 |
[12:51] | What arrangement? | 什么色情交易? |
[12:53] | You’re sleeping with the director of the productions you review. | 你跟你评论的戏剧作品的导演上床 |
[12:57] | Ever hear of a little thing called “journalistic integrity”? | 听说过“新闻诚信”这个词吗? |
[13:00] | Um, not at On Stage San Diego. | 《圣地亚戈最佳舞台》没有这一说 |
[13:03] | It’s owned by Food-n-Things | 它是美食好物网旗下刊物 |
[13:04] | and free at the grocery store with purchase of sparkling water. | 去食品百货商店买瓶苏打水 就免费赠送的东西 |
[13:07] | My editor knows about my relationship with Peter. | 我的编辑也知道我和彼得在交往 |
[13:09] | -He gave me a high-five. -Wait. They already know? | -他还跟我击掌庆祝呢 -等等 他们已经知道了? |
[13:12] | Wait. We have a relationship? | 等等 我们在交往? |
[13:14] | Not a relationship. But you met my mother. | 不算交往 但你见过我母亲了 |
[13:16] | You live with her. We had to walk past her to get to the bedroom. | 你和她同住 我们得从她旁边经过才能进入卧室 |
[13:20] | Hold on. I thought this was a quid pro quo. | 等等 我以为这是交易 |
[13:22] | How? We had great sex and I still gave him a bad review. | 怎么成交易了?我们享受了美好性爱 我还是给了差评 |
[13:26] | Hold on. We had great sex? | 等等 之前的性爱很美好? |
[13:39] | Grace. | 格蕾丝 |
[13:41] | God, it was great to hear your voice again. | 天啊 能再次听到你的声音 真是太好了 |
[13:43] | Oh, it’s– That’s the beauty of the phone. | 这…这就是电话的美妙之处 |
[13:47] | This is good too. | 这也很好 |
[13:51] | You look wonderful. | 你气色不错 |
[13:54] | Hi, I’m Frankie. | 你好 我是弗兰基 |
[13:57] | I’m your sister’s best friend. | 你姐姐最好的朋友 |
[13:59] | Then you must be a very special person. | 那你肯定很特别 别介意她 她正经历晚年危机 |
[14:02] | -Ehh. -Don’t mind her. | |
[14:03] | She’s having a late-life crisis. | |
[14:05] | I just wanted to leave something behind. | 我只想留下一些东西 |
[14:08] | But all I did was carve my initials in a block of ice | 但我所做的一切都像是 在盛夏八月把我姓名首字母 |
[14:11] | on the hottest day in August. | 刻在一块冰上 |
[14:13] | -Jesus. -Can I get you a drink? | -天呐 -你想喝点什么吗? |
[14:16] | Thanks, but actually, I don’t drink anymore. | 谢谢 但其实我戒酒了 |
[14:18] | -Oh, boy. -Do you eat food? | -天呐 -你吃东西吗? |
[14:22] | I happen to love food. | 我确实喜欢吃东西 |
[14:23] | But right now, I’m just happy to see my sister. | 但现在 我见到我姐姐就已经很开心了 |
[14:27] | So… | 所以… |
[14:29] | why’d you call after all these years? | 这么多年了 怎么突然打给我? |
[14:31] | I was hungry… | 我急于想要… |
[14:33] | to connect with you again. | 再次与你联系 |
[14:36] | -Me too. -Well, I’ll leave you to it. | -我也是 -我就不打扰二位了 |
[14:40] | If you catch me lurking, I’m just eavesdropping. | 如果发现我在偷窥 那我就是在偷听 |
[14:47] | Another hour? | 再等一小时? |
[14:49] | You’re already an hour late. | 你已经晚了一小时了 |
[14:51] | Look, if Brianna catches me with her, she’ll kill me. | 如果布丽安娜发现我和她在一块 她会干掉我的 |
[14:55] | What? No, no, no, just me. | 什么?不…只会干掉我 |
[14:58] | I don’t think she’d murder an infant. | 我觉得她不会残害一个婴儿的 |
[14:59] | No, I didn’t just put emphasis on the word “think.” | 不 我没有只强调是“我觉得” 坏了…我得挂了 |
[15:02] | -Oh, crap. Crap, crap. I gotta go. | |
[15:06] | Gotta go. | 挂了 |
[15:08] | -Hey. Shh. | 嘿 |
[15:09] | Here you go. Yeah. | 来宝贝 对 |
[15:12] | A little… nap. | 睡个…小觉 |
[15:14] | Just… | 就… |
[15:22] | Oh, yeah. | 对了 |
[15:25] | Okay, here we are. Yeah. | 好 来这里 |
[15:30] | Babe? | 宝贝? |
[15:31] | I’ve got a surprise. | 我有个惊喜给你 |
[15:33] | Okay, peanut, stay quiet for your uncle / dad / best friend Barry | 好了宝贝 为了你叔叔兼爸爸 兼好朋友巴里 保持安静 |
[15:37] | and maybe we’ll both survive this. | 这样也许咱俩都能活 |
[15:40] | -Hey. -Okay. | -嘿 -好了 |
[15:43] | Pop quiz. If you could wish for anything right now, what would it be? | 我问你 如果你现在可以许任何愿望 你会许什么? |
[15:47] | A time machine. | 时光机 |
[15:49] | Exactly. A return to simpler times. | 没错 回到纯真时代 |
[15:53] | Let’s be honest, we’re not parents. | 老实说 我们不是父母 |
[15:56] | We’re youths. | 我们是青少年 |
[16:03] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[16:04] | Mushrooms. | 致幻蘑菇 |
[16:06] | Let’s get weird. | 一起疯狂吧 |
[16:08] | Tonight? I don’t think it’s a good idea… | 今晚?我觉得这不是个好主意… |
[16:10] | for my stomach. | 我的胃不舒服 |
[16:12] | I just ate a bunch of prunes. | 我刚吃了一堆西梅干 |
[16:14] | You have to suck it up because I’ve got a plan. | 那你也得吃 因为我都计划好了 |
[16:17] | We scarf these ASAP and throw on Leprechaun 2. | 赶紧吃下这些 然后上演《鬼精灵2》 |
[16:21] | Babe. Recreating our second date? | 这是重现我们的第二次约会? |
[16:23] | Just reminding you how magical I am. | 让你记起我有多奇妙 |
[16:25] | How can I forget? | 我怎么会忘记呢? |
[16:26] | We ran after a car for miles ’cause we thought it was a giant Tootsie Roll. | 我们跟在一辆车后面跑了好几公里 还以为那是一块巨大巧克力太妃糖 |
[16:31] | And that can all be ours again. | 我们可以再次经历那些快乐 |
[16:36] | Mm. | |
[16:43] | Hey, nerd, grow a pair or I’ll dose you like I did last time. | 喂 宅男 别这么怂 要不然我就像上次一样直接给你下药 |
[16:46] | No! No. I mean… | 不!我是说… 我会自己吃的 |
[16:49] | Ha! I’ll dose myself. | |
[16:51] | Uh… | |
[16:52] | As soon as my stomach settles. | 等我胃舒服一点 |
[16:55] | Which usually takes 60 minutes. | 通常要等一个小时 |
[17:04] | What the fuck is this? | 这是什么? |
[17:05] | Shit. | 完了 |
[17:07] | Uh, that’s for one of my figurines. | 这是我一个小模型的 |
[17:09] | It’s a sleeping bag. I was playing Campground Galactica. | 这是个睡袋 我在玩《野营版卡拉狄加》 |
[17:19] | It’s… | 这是… |
[17:24] | What’s that smell? | 什么味道? |
[17:25] | Must be the prunes. | 肯定是西梅干 |
[17:37] | No. | 不 |
[17:40] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[17:41] | I can smell her all over you. | 你身上全都是她的味道 不可能 |
[17:44] | -No way. | |
[17:47] | She’s here? | 她在这儿? |
[17:49] | -Oh, my God… -No way! | -天呐… -不可能! -谁? -她在哪儿? |
[17:51] | -Uh… Who? -Where is she? | |
[17:54] | I know she’s here somewhere. | 我知道她就在这里 |
[17:59] | Brianna. Come on. | 布丽安娜 别闹了 |
[18:02] | Bellingham! | 贝灵翰姆! |
[18:03] | Show your face! | 现身吧! |
[18:10] | I know I’ve been talking your ear off about my grandkids. | 我知道我一直在唠叨我孙子们的事 |
[18:12] | But I swear, the little one just smiles at me… | 但那小家伙一冲我笑… |
[18:17] | and fills up my heart. | 我心里就感觉很满足 |
[18:19] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:21] | You know what fills me up? | 你知道什么会让我满足吗? |
[18:23] | Chicken paprikash. | 匈牙利红椒鸡 |
[18:25] | Remember the one we always had when we were kids? | 记得我们小时候经常吃的那道菜吗? |
[18:28] | -Oh, yeah. -Yeah. | -记得 -好 |
[18:29] | Isn’t it amazing how foods from childhood can bring back memories? | 童年时期的美食能唤起当时的回忆 多神奇啊? |
[18:32] | Exactly. | 确实 |
[18:34] | And are your memories that it was sautéed until brown? | 那在你记忆中 那道菜是不是要炒到深棕色? |
[18:38] | You know, I used to make it for my wife all the time. She loved it. | 我以前一直做给我妻子吃 她很喜欢 |
[18:43] | I don’t think I’ve made it once since she died. | 自她去世后我就再也没做过了 |
[18:45] | And did you make it with water or broth? | 你是用清水还是肉汤做的? |
[18:48] | While she was alive. | 在她还在世的时候 |
[18:51] | I’m so sorry I missed the funeral. | 很遗憾我错过了葬礼 |
[18:54] | -I’m just sorry you didn’t know her. -Oh, me too. | -我很遗憾你不认识她 -我也是 |
[19:00] | We could’ve had Mama’s paprikash together, and… | 我们本可以一起 享用妈妈拿手的红椒鸡… |
[19:06] | We would have seen you adding onions? | 我们会看到你加洋葱吗? |
[19:08] | Mom didn’t make the chicken paprikash. That was Dad’s dish. | 匈牙利红椒鸡不是妈妈做的 那是爸爸的拿手菜 |
[19:12] | What? | 什么? |
[19:14] | He made the chicken paprikash? | 匈牙利红椒鸡是他做的? |
[19:16] | I thought that’s why you wanted to make it. You missed him. | 我还以为你是因为这个才想做这道菜 因为你想他了 |
[19:18] | No. What I miss is… | 不 我想念的是… |
[19:21] | chicken. | 红椒鸡 |
[19:23] | I was off it for a while. | 我最近不太舒服… |
[19:26] | And then I wanted to find a really special dish to… | 于是我就想用一道特别的菜… |
[19:32] | re-enter the world of chicken. | 再次享受鸡肉的美味 |
[19:35] | So this has nothing to do with Dad. | 所以这跟爸爸没关系 |
[19:38] | Jeffrey, I didn’t even know he made it. | 杰弗里 我甚至都不知道是他做的 |
[19:40] | Jeez, can’t we talk about something besides Dad? | 天呐 我们就不能别谈爸爸的事吗? |
[19:44] | So is this why we haven’t spoken for years? | 这就是我们多年不说话的原因吗? |
[19:46] | Because you’re afraid we’ll talk about Dad? | 因为你害怕我们谈论爸爸的事? |
[19:48] | Can’t we just, you know, keep it light and friendly? | 我们就不能保持轻松友好的氛围吗? |
[19:52] | Recipe-based? | 谈谈食谱? |
[19:53] | You’re my sister. I want to have a real conversation. | 你是我姐姐 我想跟你好好谈谈 |
[19:55] | But you only want to talk about Dad. | 但你只想谈爸爸的事情 |
[19:58] | Yes, but it doesn’t mean we have to talk about that horrible day at the beach. | 确实 但这不表示我们必须要谈 海滩上那可怕的一天 |
[20:02] | Well, it overwhelms everything. | 这件事毁掉了所有美好 |
[20:04] | I just want to know more about him. I was 4 years old when he died. | 我只是想多了解了解他 他去世的时候我才4岁 |
[20:07] | -I have no memory of him. -Well, then you’re lucky, Jeffrey. | -我没有他的任何回忆 -那你很幸运 杰弗里 |
[20:12] | You didn’t have to go through that. Count your blessings. | 你不必经历那一切 知足吧 |
[20:15] | I’m sorry if I don’t consider it lucky never to have known my father. | 很抱歉我不认为不熟悉我的父亲 是一件幸运的事情 |
[20:19] | You also didn’t have to see the person you loved the most in the world | 但你也不必看到你最爱的人 |
[20:22] | disappear into the water and never come back. | 消失在海里再也没有回来! |
[20:25] | Holy breakthrough! | 原来是这样! |
[20:32] | But if you did enjoy the sex, why did you give us such a bad review? | 但如果你的确很享受性爱 那你为什么给我们差评呢? |
[20:36] | I didn’t like the play. | 我不喜欢这出戏 |
[20:38] | Why is that so hard for everyone to understand? | 这有什么难理解的? |
[20:40] | Robert was all over the place. | 罗伯特完全不知道在干什么 |
[20:42] | When he started “Luck Be a Lady,” we’d all be lucky if he got through it. | 他开始唱《幸运女神》的时候 他顺利唱下来都是我们的幸运 |
[20:45] | You really didn’t like the production? | 你真的不喜欢这部作品? |
[20:48] | -That means that… -Yes, Peter, yes. | -那就是说… -是的 彼得 |
[20:50] | It means I really liked your other ones. | 这代表我真的很喜欢你其他的作品 |
[20:52] | And as pathetic as it makes me feel now, I really liked you too. | 虽然现在感觉很可悲 但我之前也真的很喜欢你 |
[20:55] | And if you wanted me to change that review, | 如果你想让我改评论 |
[20:57] | if it meant that much to you, | 如果这事对你这么重要的话 |
[20:59] | all you had to do was roll over and ask. | 你只要转过身问问就好了 |
[21:04] | So… | 那… |
[21:06] | too late now? | 现在是不是晚了? |
[21:07] | Uh, that’s what I’m thinking. | 的确如此 |
[21:09] | -Because…? -Well… | -因为… -这个嘛… |
[21:11] | You brought me here to blackmail me, | 你把我带到这里勒索我 |
[21:13] | and then tell me you’ve been sleeping with me cynically for years. | 还告诉我这么多年来 你不是真心跟我睡 |
[21:17] | -Please don’t do this! -What is the big deal? | -请不要这样! -有什么大不了的? |
[21:19] | Everyone gets a bad review once in a while. | 人人都有得到差评的时候 |
[21:21] | But it’s different this time. | 但这次不一样 |
[21:25] | Robert’s losing his memory. | 罗伯特开始失忆了 |
[21:27] | -He barely made it through the play. -What? | -他差点完不成这出戏 -什么? |
[21:31] | I had to convince him to wear an earpiece and I fed him the lines from backstage. | 我不得不说服他戴上耳机 然后在后台告诉他台词 |
[21:36] | That’s why you had to be backstage? | 所以你才一定要待在后台? |
[21:39] | I thought you just didn’t want to pay for a ticket. | 我以为你只是不想掏钱买票 |
[21:43] | This is Robert’s last play. | 这是罗伯特最后一次演出了 |
[21:46] | And I was hoping to protect him from having to face that. | 我希望能保护他不必面对这一切 |
[21:53] | But… | 但是… |
[21:55] | I guess you really can’t protect anyone from facing what they have to face. | 我想我们真的无法保护人们 不去面对他们不得不面对的事情 |
[22:03] | I used to play cards with my mother every Sunday. | 我以前每周日都跟我母亲玩牌 |
[22:07] | And then she started… | 然后她开始… |
[22:10] | At first I thought she was cheating. | 一开始我以为她在耍赖 |
[22:13] | Pretty soon I realized she just couldn’t remember. | 但很快我意识到她就是记不住了 |
[22:19] | I saw that she couldn’t play bridge long before she did, | 我早就看出她不能打桥牌了 |
[22:22] | and I wish I could have protected her from it. | 我希望我能保护她不面对这一切 |
[22:27] | Please give my husband the chance to end his acting career with dignity. | 请给我丈夫一个机会 让他有尊严地结束他的演艺生涯 |
[22:33] | I’ll change my review tonight. | 我今晚就会改评论 |
[22:35] | I am so sorry about what you’re going through. | 我很抱歉你所经历的一切 |
[22:37] | You have my deepest sympathy. | 我向你致以最深切的同情 |
[22:40] | Thank you, Simon. | 谢谢你 西蒙 |
[22:41] | Peter, you’re screwed. I’ll see you in the morning edition. | 彼得 你完蛋了 明天晨间报道你等着瞧 |
[22:45] | You are so fucking hot right now. | 你此时此刻太性感了 打给我 再看吧 你这个垃圾 |
[22:48] | Ugh. Call me, maybe. Piece of shit. | |
[22:53] | I am really starting to like him. | 我真的开始喜欢他了 |
[22:57] | I’m so sorry about your dad. | 很遗憾你爸爸的事情 |
[23:00] | Yeah, I know, Frankie. | 没事 弗兰基 |
[23:01] | I can’t imagine how painful that was for you. | 我无法想象这对你来说有多痛苦 |
[23:05] | And it explains so much. | 好多事情都说得通了 |
[23:08] | About your fear of attachments and sudden loss. | 怪不得你不敢依赖、害怕失去 |
[23:12] | Why you won’t go in the ocean. | 怪不得你不肯下海 |
[23:14] | Frankie, you know why I won’t go in the ocean. | 弗兰基 你知道我为什么不肯下海 |
[23:18] | Fish poop in there. | 里面有鱼屎 |
[23:21] | I should go, Grace. | 我该走了 格蕾丝 |
[23:23] | I clearly remind you of a lot of things you don’t want to think about. | 很显然我让你回忆起 你很多不想回忆的事情 |
[23:27] | I’m sorry that I upset you. | 很抱歉我让你不开心了 |
[23:30] | You’re not gonna just leave without so much as a hug? | 你不会不拥抱一下就离开吧? |
[23:34] | Or a recipe? | 或者留个食谱? |
[23:35] | Oh, Jeffrey, don’t go. | 杰弗里 别走 |
[23:37] | I think there’s a way for both of you to get what you want. | 我有个办法能让你俩都如愿 |
[23:40] | Grace wants the recipe and Jeffrey wants to know about his dad. | 格蕾丝想要食谱 杰弗里想了解自己爸爸的事 |
[23:45] | So every ingredient you give Grace, | 你告诉格蕾丝一样食材 |
[23:47] | she’ll give you a detail about your father. | 她就告诉你一件关于你们父亲的事 |
[23:50] | Frankie, that– | 弗兰基 这… |
[23:52] | That is the most insane idea that you’ve– | 这是你出过最离谱的主意… |
[23:54] | One quartered chicken. | 一只切好的鸡 |
[23:56] | Oh! Oh. | |
[24:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:02] | He slept in the hospital when you had pneumonia. | 你得肺炎的时候 他睡在医院里陪你 |
[24:07] | One diced onion. | 一个洋葱切丁 |
[24:11] | At night he would lie on the floor next to my bed, and– | 晚上他会躺在我床边的地上… |
[24:15] | And sing me the Mills Brothers. | 给我唱米尔斯兄弟的歌 |
[24:19] | Two cloves of garlic. | 两瓣大蒜 |
[24:23] | He smelled of vanilla on Sunday mornings | 每周日早上他给我们做煎饼的时候 |
[24:26] | when he made us pancakes. | 他身上都有香草的味道 |
[24:29] | Two tablespoons of Hungarian paprika. | 两汤匙匈牙利辣椒粉 |
[24:32] | He did a great Bugs Bunny impression. | 他模仿兔八哥可像了 |
[24:35] | Can you do it? | 你能模仿吗? |
[24:36] | Where’s my ingredient? | 再说一样食材 |
[24:38] | One pinch chili flakes. | 一小撮辣椒片 |
[24:40] | -No, I can’t do it. -I’d like a crack at it. | -我不会 -我愿意试试 |
[24:44] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[24:45] | I almost forgot the chicken stock… | 我差点忘说要用鸡汤… |
[24:49] | and the sour cream. | 还有酸奶油 |
[24:51] | And I almost forgot: | 我差点忘说: |
[24:54] | he never left the house without wearing a hat. | 他每次出门都要戴帽子 |
[25:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:08] | Oh, thank you! | 谢谢你! 不客气 |
[25:09] | Aw. You’re welcome. Oh. | |
[25:14] | -Any time. Literally, any time. | 随时都可以 真的 |
[25:18] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[25:19] | They were supposed to pick her up before you got home. It was an emergency. | 他们本该在你回家前就接走她 但他们有急事 |
[25:23] | An emergency? They went to Costco at rush hour. | 急事?他们在客流高峰期去了好市多 |
[25:25] | They’re adrenaline junkies. | 他们就爱凑热闹 |
[25:27] | If they didn’t feel terrible, | 他们觉得很不好意思 |
[25:29] | they wouldn’t have bought us the Jamón de Serrano. | 所以才给我们带了西班牙火腿 |
[25:32] | The pig’s leg? | 就这大猪腿? |
[25:34] | I’d rather have my fiancé. | 我还是更愿意我未婚夫陪我 |
[25:36] | Brianna, we agreed that I was gonna be on call | 布丽安娜 我们说好了我会随叫随到 |
[25:40] | until they get a handle on things. | 只要他们把事情处理好 |
[25:42] | -It’s just temporary. -Except it’s not. | -这只是偶尔情况 -但现在不是这样 |
[25:45] | It’s the new normal. | 现在是新常态了 |
[25:47] | In fact… | 而且… |
[25:49] | it’s the life you always wanted. | 这是你一直想要的生活 |
[25:51] | Yeah, but with you. | 确实 但要和你一起 |
[25:53] | Come on, it’s not like I’m cheating on you. | 拜托 我又不是背叛你了 |
[25:55] | It’s worse. | 比这糟多了 |
[25:56] | I’m like the third wheel in my own relationship. | 我就像自己恋爱关系中的电灯泡 |
[25:59] | Not true. No. No, no. | 不是这样的 不是… |
[26:00] | We are a post-modern fam and you are my number one gal. | 我们属于后现代家庭 你是我心里最重要的女孩 |
[26:04] | Then why change your phone background from me to her? | 那你为什么要把手机背景改成她呢? |
[26:06] | That was National Baby Day! | 那天是国际婴儿日! |
[26:08] | I was gonna change it back! | 我本来打算改回来的! |
[26:10] | Why do we need a National Baby Day? | 为什么会有国际婴儿日啊? |
[26:13] | -What is wrong with everybody? -Brianna, get a grip. | -人们都怎么想的? -布丽安娜 冷静点 |
[26:15] | I’m here. I love you. | 我在这儿呢 我爱你 |
[26:19] | Nothing has to change. | 什么都不会改变 |
[26:24] | You honestly still believe that? | 你真心这样觉得吗? |
[26:27] | You just hid your child from me. | 你刚才把你孩子藏起来不让我发现 |
[26:29] | Do you know how fucked up that is? | 你明白这事有多操蛋吗? |
[26:33] | Actually, you know what’s fucked up? | 你知道最操蛋的是什么吗? |
[26:35] | Is that I felt like I had to. | 我感觉我必须那么做 |
[26:41] | This is really bad, isn’t it? | 的确很糟糕 不是吗? |
[26:54] | And… the shrooms are kicking in. | 蘑菇上头了 |
[27:06] | Hit the spot? | 味道对了吗? |
[27:07] | Mm. | |
[27:10] | -Ah. You full? -Oh, yeah. | -饱了吗? -饱了 |
[27:12] | Great. | 太好了 |
[27:17] | Back to my thing. | 说我的问题吧 |
[27:20] | And what was your thing again? | 你是什么问题来着? |
[27:21] | I needed you to help me achieve immortal greatness, | 我需要你帮我实现不朽成就 |
[27:25] | and you enthusiastically agreed. | 你很积极就答应了 |
[27:28] | -I did? -Yes. | -是吗? -是的 |
[27:30] | Do the words “yes, fine, whatever” ring a bell? | 你说“行 好 都随你”想起来了吗? |
[27:34] | Yes, fine, whatever. | 行 好 都随你 |
[27:37] | What’s going on with you? | 你怎么了? |
[27:41] | I’m average, Grace. | 我就是个普通人 格蕾丝 |
[27:43] | Shockingly ordinary. | 毫无亮点 |
[27:45] | And that’s the way I’m gonna be remembered. | 我就会被这样铭记 |
[27:47] | If I’m even remembered at all. | 如果我会被人铭记的话 |
[27:50] | -How do you want to be remembered? -Well, not like that. | -你想怎么被铭记? -反正不是这样 |
[27:57] | You know, for the first time today, I remembered my father. | 今天是我第一次想起了父亲 |
[28:00] | I mean, really remembered him. | 我是说 真正地回忆起他的事 |
[28:03] | You know, not what he did, or how he died, or… | 不是想起他做了什么 或者怎么去世的… |
[28:07] | what he was to the world. | 也不是他对这个世界的意义 |
[28:09] | But what he was to me. | 而且他对我的意义 |
[28:12] | And it brought me a comfort that I never– | 这给予我很大的安慰… |
[28:17] | That I never knew I could have. | 这是我从未有过的 |
[28:21] | God, I wish he could know how good he made me feel. | 天呐 我真希望他能知道 他让我感觉有多好 |
[28:25] | Wouldn’t you want to be remembered like that? | 你不想这样被铭记吗? |
[28:29] | -I would. -Yeah. | -我想 -对啊 |
[28:30] | And you will be. Trust me. | 你会的 相信我 |
[28:33] | The people who love you will never remember you as ordinary. | 爱你的人永远不会把你当做普通人 |
[28:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:47] | And in a way… | 从某种程度上说… |
[28:50] | that powerful insight came because I made you call your brother. | 是因为我让你给你弟弟打电话 才有这种顿悟 |
[28:56] | So in saving you… | 所以在拯救你的时候… |
[28:59] | I also saved myself. | 我也拯救了自己 |
[29:03] | Yes. Fine. Whatever. | 对 好 你怎么说都行 |