时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Let’s see. Maybe… | 应该是这个 |
[00:12] | Crap. | 我靠 |
[00:12] | Doctors never mean to screw up. | 医生从来都不想搞砸任何事 |
[00:14] | Crap, crap, crap. Crap! | 惨了 惨了 惨了 |
[00:16] | Are you sure you don’t want me to call for– | 真的不要找… |
[00:17] | No! There’s no time. | 不用 没时间了 |
[00:18] | You make a bad call, and… | 做一个了错误的决定 |
[00:21] | the unthinkable happens. | 坏事便接踵而至 |
[00:22] | Can I help you? | 要帮忙吗 |
[00:25] | Yeah, do you have any just, um, regular panty hose? | 要 你们有普通的连裤袜吗 |
[00:27] | We can’t do that. | 不能这样做 |
[00:28] | Well, we have to. Lap pads! | 只能这样 棉垫 |
[00:29] | – But we still haven’t– – I don’t care! We’re closing him up. | -但我们还没 -我不管 要马上缝合 |
[00:31] | Zero vicryl. Zero vicryl now. | 零号薇乔线 马上 |
[00:34] | Am I not being clear? Why do you look so confused? Why– | 没听懂么 怎么一头雾水的样子 为什么 |
[00:36] | What about these? They’re popular. They shimmer. | 这种怎么样 卖得最好的 带闪的 |
[00:38] | No. No, no shimmer. | 不要 不要带闪的 |
[00:40] | No footless tights | 也不要紧身裤 |
[00:41] | or freaky little toe sock thingies. | 或是那些脚趾袜 |
[00:42] | I just–I just want panty hose, basic nude. | 我只要普通的一双连连裤袜 肉色的 |
[00:45] | I used to buy them at the grocery store. | 我以前都在杂货店买 |
[00:46] | They come–they come in a little plastic egg kind of panty hose! | 装在鸡蛋型的塑料包装里 |
[00:49] | That’s–that’s what I need! | 我就只穿这种 |
[00:50] | Is that really so hard to understand?! | 你丫这都听不懂么 |
[00:52] | It’s not like we do it on purpose. | 我们并不是有意这样 |
[00:53] | It’s not like we want to hurt anyone. | 并不是有意要伤害别人 |
[00:55] | But sometimes we do. | 但有时确实伤害了 |
[00:57] | Sometimes we make mistakes. | 有时候我们也会犯错 |
[00:59] | I’m… | 我 |
[01:01] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[01:02] | And when we blow it, we’re sorry. | 而当搞砸事情时 我们也很抱歉 |
[01:04] | That was–that was inappropriate. | 刚才我太过分了 |
[01:05] | I’m… | 我 |
[01:07] | I’m just–I’m under a lot of pressure right now, | 我最近压力太大 |
[01:08] | and I have a really big day tomorrow. | 明天对我非常重要 |
[01:11] | You know what? That’s fine. | 算了 这个不错 |
[01:12] | These are–these are– these are fine. These are great. | 这些都不错 很好 |
[01:14] | Actually, I’ll take all these. | 我都要了 |
[01:16] | I’m gonna– I’m gonna take ’em all. | 都给我包了吧 |
[01:18] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的么 -对 |
[01:19] | Just, uh, ring me up. | 赶紧过机结账吧 |
[01:20] | Even these, the ones with the rhinestones? | 这些带有水钻的也要么 |
[01:22] | Even those. Okay. | 对 也要 |
[01:23] | Not that being sorry really matters. | 但抱歉也没什么用了 |
[01:25] | Not anymore. | 于事无补了 |
[01:27] | No apology in the world matters now. | 当今世界 单一个抱歉不顶用了 |
[01:30] | Brain mapping is not an exact science yet. | 大脑绘图还不算严密的科学 |
[01:33] | But this array brings us one step closer. | 但这个阵列模型让我们更上一层楼 |
[01:36] | Dr. Torres and I have had tremendous success so far, | 我和托瑞斯医生至今取得了不错的成果 |
[01:39] | and because of that, | 因此 |
[01:40] | we are moving from an animated hand | 我们现在可以用机械人手 |
[01:42] | to a robotic one. | 而不是仅是电脑模拟 |
[01:45] | – Oh, she’s on the stage. – I’m sorry, sir. Are you lost? | -她在台上 -先生 您是迷路了吗 |
[01:47] | Sorry. I’m looking for… Dr. Torres? | 抱歉 我是来找托瑞斯医生的 |
[01:49] | Yes. Hi. | 我是 你好 |
[01:50] | Great. You’re being sued. | 太好了 你被告了 |
[01:53] | Love what you’re doing here, by the way. | 还有 我挺喜欢你做的这个 |
[01:55] | Robot hands. Freaky! | 机器人手 诡异得好 |
[01:57] | Who is that from? | 谁告你 |
[01:58] | – Travis Reed? – Uh-huh. | -传说中的特拉维斯·里德 -对 |
[01:59] | As in the Travis Reed, the snowboarder? | 就是那个滑雪运动员 特拉维斯·里德么 |
[02:01] | Uh, he needs a new hip. | 对 他要换个臀部 |
[02:02] | I told him he wants you. | 我就推荐了你 |
[02:04] | Wait. How do you even know him? | 慢着 你怎么认识他的 |
[02:05] | I was a second-year resident. | 当时我还是两年住院医师 |
[02:06] | He was my first solo valve replacement. | 他是我首次主刀心脏瓣膜移植手术的病人 |
[02:09] | Yeah, and six months before he came out of nowhere | 是呀 手术六个月之后 |
[02:11] | and won all those gold medals on the half-pipe. | 他就在极限滑雪比赛获了冠军 |
[02:14] | I believe my valve is what gives him his edge. | 想来是我给移植的瓣膜发挥了神力 |
[02:17] | His heart is my “Mona lisa.” | 他的心脏就是我的成名作 |
[02:20] | Don’t screw it up. | 别给我丢脸 |
[02:20] | Excuse me. Where’s the onesie decorating station? | 打扰一下 装饰婴儿连体衣的地方呢 |
[02:25] | There isn’t one. | 没有 |
[02:25] | There’s a margarita decorating station, though. | 那有调玛格丽塔的 |
[02:27] | What? | 什么 |
[02:28] | Limes. | 酸橙的 |
[02:29] | – Whoa, whoa, whoa. What kind of baby shower… – Salt. | -慢着 宝宝洗礼派对 -还有盐 |
[02:30] | doesn’t have a onesie decorating station? | 怎么能没有连体衣 |
[02:32] | I mean, I had already figured out my design. | 我已经把整个设计都想好了 |
[02:34] | It was gonna be a star and a moon, | 月亮配星星 |
[02:35] | and it was gonna say “McDreamy”. | 然后写着”梦幻先生” |
[02:36] | – Get it? That’s cute, right? – Excuse me. | -懂了吧 可爱吧 -打断一下 |
[02:38] | Is it time to open the gifts yet? I need to sit down. | 到拆礼物的环节了么 我得坐一坐了 |
[02:40] | – My feet are like sausages. – Oh, come on, Mer. | -我的脚肿成香肠了 -可怜的梅 |
[02:42] | Oh, look at her. She’s all glowy and pregnant, | 你看她 怀着孕多美啊 |
[02:45] | with sausage feet. | 还有香肠脚 |
[02:47] | Let’s have a baby. | 我们也生一个吧 |
[02:48] | What? | 什么 |
[02:49] | Wait. Wait, what? Are you serious? | 慢着 真的么 |
[02:51] | We’ve had such a hard year since the crash, | 坠机发生后的这一年里我们过得很不好 |
[02:54] | and… wouldn’t it be nice | 若有个孩子 |
[02:55] | to have something new and happy to think about? | 生活肯定会很幸福的 |
[02:57] | Yes. Yes. But, um, I– | 说的是 但 |
[02:58] | And, you know, I could carry– I could carry this time. | 这次我可以来怀 |
[03:00] | And then that way, only one of our feet would be sausages. | 这样 我们只会肿一只腿 |
[03:03] | Arizona… | 亚利桑那 |
[03:04] | So… you want to? | 你觉得呢 |
[03:05] | Yes! Oh, my god, yes! | 当然可以 |
[03:07] | You seem happy. | 看你乐的 |
[03:08] | Oh, I am happy. I am really, really happy. | 是啊 我太快乐了 幸福死了 |
[03:12] | He is so much more attractive in person. | 他本人更帅啊 |
[03:14] | – I got him to sign my board. – I got him to sign my bra. | -一定要他签我的滑雪板 -签姐的胸罩 |
[03:17] | – Yeah, sign my cast! – So are they. | -签我石膏上 -他们也幸福死了 |
[03:21] | Cristina Yang! | 克里斯蒂娜·杨 |
[03:26] | Oh, you look better and better every time I see you. | 我每次见你 你都更漂亮了 |
[03:29] | Dump your husband. Run away with me. | 抛弃你丈夫 跟我私奔吧 |
[03:30] | Oh, come on. Don’t you have a girlfriend? | 别闹了 你不是有女朋友吗 |
[03:31] | Oh, we’ve got a deal. | 我们都说好了 |
[03:33] | I’m allowed to flirt with hot doctors | 对于把手放进我胸口的性感医生 |
[03:34] | who’ve had their hands inside my chest. | 我完全可以跟她搞暧昧 |
[03:36] | It’s a very short list. | 有这样机会的人可不多 |
[03:38] | Hey, I’m Travis. | 嗨 我是特拉维斯 |
[03:40] | – Hi. – You’re the ortho god? | -嗨 -你就是骨科上帝 |
[03:41] | – Callie Torres. I prefer goddess. – Right on. | -凯丽·托雷斯 我更喜欢女神 -明白 |
[03:45] | Ready to build me a new hip? | 准备好帮我弄个新臀部了吗 |
[03:47] | He needs to be able to do this. | 他需要能做这个动作 |
[03:49] | See? Right… there. | 看见了吗 就是这个 |
[03:51] | Can a new hip do that? | 新的髋关节可以做到吗 |
[03:52] | More importantly, will he be doing it by December? | 更重要的是 他能在12月前恢复吗 |
[03:54] | He’s got olympic qualifiers coming up. | 他要参加奥运会选拔赛 |
[03:55] | You mentioned a crash last year? | 去年你出了一次撞车事故 |
[03:57] | They said it gave me arthritis. | 他们说我因此得了关节炎 |
[03:58] | He can’t win the gold with arthritis. | 得了关节炎可没法拿冠军 |
[03:59] | I want the Peterson hip. | 我想用彼得森髋关节 |
[04:02] | Buddy of mine got this one. | 我有个朋友用了这个 |
[04:03] | He was back on the mountain in no time. | 没多久就重回赛场了 |
[04:05] | This is what I need. | 这正是我需要的 |
[04:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:07] | Even if I did agree that a hip replacement | 即使我同意髋关节置换 |
[04:10] | is the right course of treatment, | 是正确的治疗方式 |
[04:11] | I-I’ve never even used, the, uh, | 我从来没有用过 |
[04:12] | Peterson resurfacing hip joint. | 彼得森髋关节 |
[04:14] | I doubt you or your team want you to be my first. | 你和你的团队不会让你做我的第一个病人吧 |
[04:18] | She makes a good point. | 她说得在理 |
[04:19] | I was Yang’s first valve replacement. That worked out. | 我是杨的第一个瓣膜置换术病人 成功了 |
[04:22] | I was the first guy to land a triple cork in competition. | 我是第一个做出空中转体三周成功落地的 |
[04:24] | Now it’s practically standard. | 现在这都是标准动作了 |
[04:26] | You’re the first orthopedic surgeon to grow cartilage | 你是第一个从无到有 培育出软骨的 |
[04:28] | out of nothing. | 骨科医生 |
[04:30] | The reason we are who we are, | 我们能出类拔萃 |
[04:31] | is ’cause we’re not scared of firsts. | 就是因为不怕做第一个吃螃蟹的人 |
[04:41] | I’ll research the joint. I’ll learn what I can. | 我会查查这个办法 尽最大努力 |
[04:43] | I’m not making any promises. | 但我不能做任何保证 |
[04:45] | I’m not worried. | 我不担心 |
[04:47] | You’re gonna say “Yes.” | 你一定会说 “好的” |
[04:49] | For the hundredth time, no. | 一百个不行 |
[04:51] | I am not admitting to negligence | 没有任何过失存在 |
[04:52] | when there was no negligence. I– | 我为什么要承认有过失 我… |
[04:54] | They’re willing to call you a “Nonparty at fault”. | 他们会叫你 “过错第三方” |
[04:56] | Jury payouts are always bigger than pretrial settlements. | 陪审团的判决会比审前和解贵很多 |
[04:59] | If this goes south– | 万一变得更糟糕 |
[05:00] | Do you think it’ll go south? | 你觉得会变得更糟糕 |
[05:02] | There was a minor complication during surgery | 在手术过程中出现了一个小并发症 |
[05:04] | because we thought the patient had developed | 因为我们认为病人 |
[05:05] | a pulmonary embolus. | 出现了肺栓塞 |
[05:07] | Postoperative infections are a common recognized risk. | 术后感染是被大家所熟知的手术风险 |
[05:09] | – Everybody– – And that’s when the jury’s eyes will glaze over. | -大家 -陪审团就是这样子失去兴趣的 |
[05:12] | All they’re gonna hear is a bunch of big words | 他们听到一堆不明白的词 |
[05:13] | they don’t understand. And what they will see | 无法理解 他们只知道 |
[05:16] | is that you made a mistake, and your patient paid the price. | 你犯了错误而你的病人付出了代价 |
[05:19] | No, it wasn’t a mistake, | 不 那不是错误 |
[05:21] | Greg. I’m not settling. | 格雷格 我不同意和解 |
[05:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:29] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好吧 |
[05:31] | Then there are things to remember tomorrow– | 那你明天一定要记住 |
[05:33] | let the jury see your face. You wear a suit. | 让陪审团都认识你 你要穿正装 |
[05:34] | Dark not bright. Skirt not pants. | 黑色不要太亮 裙子不是裤子 |
[05:37] | Minimal jewelry, heels, | 少量珠宝 高跟鞋 |
[05:39] | – panty hose– – Panty hose? | -连裤袜 -连裤袜 |
[05:40] | Professional but feminine. | 这样显得专业又有女人味 |
[05:41] | You still have your wedding ring? | 你还有你的婚戒吗 |
[05:44] | – Yes. – Wear it. | -有 -戴上它 |
[05:45] | Juries respond better to married women with families. | 陪审团会同情有家室的女性 |
[05:48] | Now there’ll be water in front of your seat. | 在你的座前面会有水 |
[05:50] | You drink it sparingly. | 别喝得太急 |
[05:51] | There are no bathroom breaks | 因为中间不能上厕所 |
[05:52] | till the judge calls for recess. | 除非法官要求休庭 |
[05:53] | I don’t own any panty hose. | 我没有连裤袜 |
[05:55] | I-I-I have to go shopping. | 我得去买一双 |
[05:58] | Did you flush? | 你冲厕所了吗 |
[05:58] | I didn’t-I didn’t hear you flush. | 我没有听见你冲厕所啊 |
[06:00] | Oh, and wash your hands! It’s almost time to go! | 还要记得洗手 该走了 |
[06:02] | Hey, I’m sorry I’m late. There was traffic. | 抱歉我来晚了 路上太堵 |
[06:04] | No, no, it’s fine. She’s ready. | 不用 没关系 她准备好了 |
[06:05] | Well, she was until she decided she had to wear | 她本来准备好了 然后她又决定 |
[06:07] | the purple dress instead of the heart dress. | 穿紫色的裙子而不是心形的裙子 |
[06:09] | And then she had to go potty | 然后她又要去拉屎 |
[06:09] | but she didn’t want help going potty. Sofia! | 而且她不想让人帮她 索菲亚 |
[06:11] | You should probably go check | 你应该去看看 |
[06:12] | and make sure she’s okay in there. | 确定她在里面没事 |
[06:13] | – What–are you okay? – Uh, I have no idea. | -你没事吧 -我不确定 |
[06:16] | Hey, listen, I know you’re supposed to have Sofia tonight, | 我知道今晚轮到你带索菲亚 |
[06:18] | but if it’d be easier for you to spend some time alone | 但如果你想自己待一会儿 |
[06:20] | or if you’d rather not be alone then, you know, | 或者你不想自己待着 |
[06:22] | you just tell me, and whatever you need that’s what we’ll do. | 你就告诉我 怎么样我都听你的 |
[06:26] | Okay, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[06:31] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:33] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[06:36] | You put your ring back on. | 你把戒指又戴上了 |
[06:39] | They told me to. | 他们让我戴上的 |
[06:40] | Anyway, good luck today. | 无论如何 祝你好运 |
[06:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:53] | You ready? | 准备好了 |
[06:54] | Sure. | 嗯 |
[06:57] | Excuse me. No comment. | 借过 无可奉告 |
[07:03] | – Doctor, what happened? – Greg? Greg?! | -医生 发生了什么 -格雷格 |
[07:04] | – Step aside. – Good morning. | -请回避 -早上好 |
[07:05] | Hey, what are you doing here? | 嗨 你怎么来了 |
[07:06] | Uh, a bunch of us are taking shifts. | 我们都换班了 |
[07:08] | We wanted you to have at least one person | 我们想着至少有一个人 |
[07:10] | in court with you the entire time. | 能在法庭上陪着你 |
[07:12] | I had to fight Bailey for this first shift. | 我得跟贝利争夺第一班 |
[07:14] | Turns out she punches pretty hard for such a little person. | 结果没想到她人那么小巧 劲儿还真大 |
[07:16] | – Excuse us! Thank you. – Dr. Torres! | -让一让 谢谢 -托瑞斯医生 |
[07:20] | I can’t even swallow. My mouth is so dry. | 我想咽口水都难 嘴巴好干 |
[07:23] | You can do this. I will be sitting right behind you. | 你能行 我就坐在你后面 |
[07:25] | We’re up here. | 我们坐这里 |
[07:37] | Callie? | 凯丽 |
[07:45] | Oh, damn it! | 糟糕 |
[08:08] | All rise! | 全体起立 |
[08:17] | Would if I could. | 我也想起立可惜我不能 |
[08:22] | Crap. | 惨了 |
[08:34] | This case is about a man that you probably already know– | 此案的原告你们应该都认识 |
[08:36] | at least by reputation, Mr. Travis Reed. | 至少知道他的名气 特拉维斯·里德先生 |
[08:39] | I got here as soon as I could. | 我尽快赶来了 |
[08:40] | My nephrectomy went long. What’d I miss? | 我的肾切除术时间太长 到哪儿了 |
[08:43] | They’re still on opening statements. | 还在做开庭陈述 |
[08:45] | This guy’s been going for a while. | 这家伙讲了半天了 |
[08:46] | He’s doing that folksy charm thing, | 他在施展个人魅力 |
[08:49] | and the jury is eating it up. | 陪审团还挺吃这一套 |
[08:50] | Now serving as a juror in a medical malpractice case isn’t easy. | 作医疗事故案件的陪审员挺难 |
[08:54] | I don’t know about y’all, but I’m no doctor. | 我不了解你们 但我不是医生 |
[08:56] | Hell, I barely made it through high school biology, so… | 我险些没有通过高中生物 |
[09:01] | But you are going to get a crash course education | 不过等会你们会快速学到 |
[09:04] | in orthopedic medicine and postoperative infections. | 整形骨科及术后感染方面的知识 |
[09:08] | And you’re gonna hear words like “Pseudomonas” and “Emboli.” | 将听到”假单胞菌”和”栓塞”这种词汇 |
[09:13] | Don’t let that intimidate you. | 不要被专业知识吓住 |
[09:16] | The only thing that matters is the evidence. | 只有证据是最重要的 |
[09:19] | Those things are part of the evidence. | 那些东西也是证据的一部分 |
[09:20] | – What is he talking about? – Shh. | -他在胡说什么 -嘘 |
[09:22] | And the evidence in this case will focus on | 本案件的证据集中在 |
[09:24] | a 16-day period last spring. | 去年春天的十六天 |
[09:26] | And during this time we will establish that Dr. Torres | 在这个过程中我们会证明托瑞斯医生 |
[09:29] | agreed to perform a surgery she did not fully understand. | 同意实施一个她不能完全胜任的手术 |
[09:34] | We will establish that Dr. Torres made a series | 我们会证明托瑞斯医生做了一系列 |
[09:37] | of faulty decisions, eventually costing Mr. Travis Reed– | 错误的决定 最终导致特拉维斯·里德先生 |
[09:41] | a thriving, healthy olympic athlete– | 一位健康而事业有成的运动员 |
[09:45] | his legs. | 失去双腿 |
[09:47] | And we will establish that all of this started | 我们会证明所有这一切 |
[09:50] | because of one careless mistake made in surgery. | 都起源于手术中的一个疏忽 |
[09:55] | Implant’s in place. Everything looks good. | 植入物到位 一切正常 |
[09:58] | Now I just need to irrigate– | 现在我只需冲洗 |
[10:00] | His heart rate just jumped to the 150s. | 他的心率突然上升到150了 |
[10:01] | Having trouble ventilating. | 呼吸困难 |
[10:03] | Increasing his oxygen to 100%. | 加氧至100% |
[10:04] | Damn it. All right, could be a P.E. | 糟糕 可能是肺栓塞 |
[10:05] | We’ve gotta get him off this table. | 得快点完成手术 |
[10:06] | All right, let’s start closing. Irrigation, please. | 开始缝合 麻烦给他冲洗 |
[10:08] | Wait, the sponge count is off. | 等一下 我们数过了海绵 |
[10:09] | We’re missing one sponge. | 少了一个 |
[10:10] | – Are you kidding me? – We can’t close until we find it. | -不是吧 -找不到就不能缝合啊 |
[10:13] | Sats are continuing to drop. Switching to manual ventilation. | 血氧饱和度仍在下降 改为人工通气 |
[10:15] | All right, you know, it’s gotta be on someone’s shoe | 好吧 肯定在某个人的鞋上 |
[10:17] | or something. There’s nothing in here. | 或者哪儿 他体内没有 |
[10:18] | You want me to call for a portable X-ray? | 需要我去找个手提X光仪吗 |
[10:19] | No, that’ll take too long. He could go into shock. | 不用 那要等太久 他可能会休克 |
[10:20] | B.P.’s dropped to 70 over 40. | 血压从70下降到40 |
[10:22] | Oh, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap. | 惨了 惨了 惨了 |
[10:23] | – Are you sure you don’t want me to call for… – No, there’s no time. | -真的不要找… -不用 没时间了 |
[10:26] | All right, we’re closing him up. | 我们要缝合伤口 |
[10:27] | You can’t do that! | 不能这样做 |
[10:27] | Well, you know, uh, we have to. Lap pads. | 只能这样 棉垫 |
[10:29] | – We still haven’t– – I don’t care. We’re closing him up. | -但我们还没 -我不管 要马上缝合 |
[10:31] | Zero vicryl. | 零号薇乔线 |
[10:33] | Zero vicryl now! | 零号薇乔线 快点 |
[10:35] | Now! | 快点 |
[10:37] | Hang on, hang on, hang on. | 等等 等等 |
[10:39] | Are you saying that Dr. Torres knew she left a sponge | 你是说托瑞斯医生知道她 |
[10:43] | in Mr. Reed’s body, | 在里德先生体内留了一块海绵 |
[10:44] | and she didn’t care? | 而她不在乎 |
[10:46] | – No, of course she cared but… – No, but still, | -不 她当然在乎 但是 -但是 |
[10:49] | she knowingly left behind a sponge. | 她知情但仍然留了一块海绵 |
[10:51] | The patient was running out of time. He would have– | 病人快要不行了 他可能会… |
[10:54] | Hon, hon, it’s a yes or no question. Thank you. | 亲爱的 回答对或错 谢谢 |
[10:57] | Did she knowingly leave a sponge? | 她是不是明知故犯 |
[11:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:06] | You know, I’ve got a– I’ve got a boy in college. Good kid. | 我有个儿子在上大学 好孩子 |
[11:09] | And I went to visit him last month, | 上个月我去见他 |
[11:10] | and you would not believe the sponge I found in his sink. | 你肯定不信我在他水槽里找到了那块海绵 |
[11:13] | I mean, there’s no tellin’ what was going on– | 根本不知道会发生怎样的危险 |
[11:15] | Objection. Irrelevant. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[11:17] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[11:17] | All right, let’s fast-forward | 让我们快进到 |
[11:18] | to the next time you saw Mr. Reed. | 下次你见到里德先生的场景 |
[11:21] | About two weeks later. | 大约两周后 |
[11:22] | And how was he then? | 他当时怎样 |
[11:23] | Was he… good? Happy? Recovering well? | 他情况如何 高兴吗 恢复得好吗 |
[11:29] | He had an infection. | 他被感染了 |
[11:31] | Hi, there. | 你好 |
[11:32] | Travis, I hear you got quite the fever. | 特拉维斯 我听说你发高烧了 |
[11:34] | Temp’s 103. I’m just starting his workup. | 体温39度4 我正在检查病情 |
[11:36] | He’s burning up. He won’t eat. | 他烧得厉害 不肯吃东西 |
[11:37] | I had to force him to come in. | 我逼着他来这里的 |
[11:39] | How are you feeling, Travis? | 你感觉怎样 特拉维斯 |
[11:40] | I’ve seen worse. | 我遇过更糟的情况 |
[11:41] | – Dr. Torres, you wanna take a listen to this? – Yeah. | -托瑞斯医生 你听听这里 -好的 |
[11:51] | Is that a murmur? | 是杂音吗 |
[11:53] | A small one. Travis, | 微弱的杂音 特拉维斯 |
[11:55] | I’m just gonna take a look at your incision site, okay? | 我要看看你的伤口 行吗 |
[12:03] | – Oh, wow. – Oh, wow? What does “Oh, wow” Mean? | -哇 -哇是什么意思 |
[12:05] | Whitney, I don’t want you to worry. | 惠特尼 不要紧张 |
[12:07] | The wound looks a little infected. | 伤口看起来有点感染 |
[12:08] | So we’re just gonna go in and clean it all out, okay? | 我们需要对伤口进行清创 好吗 |
[12:10] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[12:15] | Okay, get him on vanc and clinda, stat. | 给他上万古霉素和克林霉素 马上 |
[12:17] | Call upstairs. I need an O.R. right now. | 给楼上打电话 我马上要用手术室 |
[12:18] | What about the murmur? | 杂音怎么办 |
[12:19] | Could the infection have traveled to his heart? | 感染会扩散到他的心脏吗 |
[12:21] | His vitals are stable. | 他的生命体征很稳定 |
[12:21] | So first, We’ve got to clean out that joint, okay? | 首先 我们得清理关节 |
[12:23] | We can’t afford any delays. | 一秒都不能拖 |
[12:24] | Okay. Should I call Yang? | 好的 需要通知杨吗 |
[12:26] | All right, if she’s not available in the next five minutes, | 可以 但如果五分钟内她不到 |
[12:28] | she waits until post-op. | 她就只能等到术后 |
[12:29] | We’ve got to get in there | 我们必须马上手术 |
[12:30] | and kill this infection before it spreads any further. | 得在感染进一步扩散前 清理干净 |
[12:33] | I am not turning an olympic athlete into a doorstop. | 我可不能把奥运选手变成瘸子 |
[12:38] | Yeah, the infection’s going through the fascia | 感染通过筋膜 |
[12:40] | down to the prosthesis. | 深入到假体 |
[12:41] | Get in here and irrigate before we move on. | 到这冲洗 然后我们继续 |
[12:42] | Looks like there’s pus in the acetabulum. | 髋臼处有化脓 |
[12:44] | Oh, damn it! | 我靠 |
[12:46] | No, there’s no way to salvage the joint. | 没办法保住人工关节了 |
[12:47] | I’m gonna have to remove the whole thing. | 我要全部取出来 |
[12:49] | – And just… leave him with no hip? – Well, for now. | -那他就没有臀部了 -暂时如此 |
[12:52] | It’s the only way to get this completely cleaned out. | 这是彻底清理的唯一方法 |
[12:53] | Osteotome and mallet? | 骨刀和锤子 |
[12:54] | That sounds pretty nasty. | 听起来很糟糕 |
[12:56] | Post-op infections are very common. They happen all the time. | 术后感染很常见 时有发生 |
[12:58] | Is that your professional opinion? | 这是你的专业意见吗 |
[13:00] | – It is. – I see. | -是的 -明白了 |
[13:01] | And in your professional opinion, | 根据你的专业意见 |
[13:02] | is it also common for a post-op infection | 因为术后感染 |
[13:05] | to result in a double amputation? | 导致双腿截肢 |
[13:07] | Does that happen all the time, too? | 这也时有发生吗 |
[13:08] | No, but, uh… | 不 但是… |
[13:09] | No, uh, no further questions, your honor. | 没有问题了 法官大人 |
[13:11] | That’s not fair! You’re not letting me finish. | 这不公平 我还没说完 |
[13:12] | – That’s enough, Dr. Wilson. – But I need to explain… | -威尔逊医生 可以了 -我得解释 |
[13:15] | Another word out of turn, and I’ll hold you in contempt. | 再多说一句 视你藐视法庭 |
[13:27] | Tell me I packed a spare pair. | 希望带了一双备用的 |
[13:29] | Oh, thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[13:32] | Oh, hi. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:34] | – I-I’ll come back. – No, no, no, it’s fine. It’s fine. | -我一会再来 -别 没事 |
[13:36] | I’m just, um, I have to sit in there and listen to that guy. | 只是我干坐着 听那个人讲话 |
[13:38] | And I can’t react | 却不能有任何表情 |
[13:39] | or that’ll make me look unlikable or petty. | 不然就会讨人厌 或显得很卑劣 |
[13:42] | But how the hell am I not supposed to react? | 我怎么可能无动于衷 |
[13:44] | He’s awful. | 他很讨厌 |
[13:45] | And he’s making me sound awful. | 他说得我像坏人 |
[13:51] | I think I have something that will make you feel better. | 我这有样东西 可能会让你好受些 |
[13:55] | So Sofia drew this in the car this morning. | 索菲亚今早画的这幅图 |
[13:58] | And she said that it’s of a jellyfish and a rainbow mermaid. | 她说是一只水母和一条彩虹美人鱼 |
[14:04] | I’m not sure which one is which. | 我分不出来谁是谁 |
[14:06] | But you should have it. | 但你该收着 |
[14:07] | And then when you feel like screaming, | 你觉得压抑难受时 |
[14:08] | you can look at the jellyfish and then it will calm you down. | 就看看水母 就能冷静些 |
[14:17] | I’m surprised you’re here. | 没想到你会来 |
[14:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:25] | I should get back. Oh, god. | 我该回去了 天呐 |
[14:30] | Um, Callie? | 凯丽 |
[14:32] | – Yes? – Are you sure that you wanna wear, um, | -什么 -你确定你想穿着 |
[14:34] | rhinestone butterflies in court? | 水钻蝴蝶上庭吗 |
[14:36] | I mean, it’s–it’s your choice. | 由你决定 |
[14:39] | It’s a strange one. | 虽然很奇怪 |
[14:40] | But I suppose that lots of people like butterflies so… | 但可能很多人都会喜欢蝴蝶 |
[14:44] | They’re cute. | 还挺可爱的 |
[14:46] | What? | 什么跟什么啊 |
[14:51] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[14:53] | No more ridiculous than vetoing every guy under 6’3″. | 身高1米9作为筛选标准太苛刻啦 |
[14:57] | We are not choosing our sperm donor based on his taste in music. | 我们也不能以音乐品味来筛选精子提供人 |
[15:02] | Well… oh, look. Oh, this one’s cute. | 好吧 看 这个很有爱 |
[15:06] | Oh, that’s a super cute baby. | 这宝宝真是太萌了 |
[15:08] | He would make super cute babies. | 他的宝宝肯定特别萌 |
[15:09] | – Yeah! – Mm-hmm. | -是啊 -同意 |
[15:10] | Okay, so. Here… | 那么… |
[15:13] | He’s a college dropout. | 他大学就辍学了 |
[15:15] | – Pass. – Pass. | -淘汰 -淘汰 |
[15:15] | Okay, uh–ooh, I’m empty. | 好吧 酒杯空了 |
[15:18] | Now this one says he’s a mathematician | 这个说他是数学家 |
[15:21] | with a graduate degree. | 研究生学历 |
[15:22] | And… he runs marathons. | 他还跑马拉松 |
[15:25] | Oh, picture? | 照片呢 |
[15:31] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[15:32] | Well, I still like the Ivy League poet. | 我还是喜欢这个常青藤诗人 |
[15:34] | – Okay, let’s… – Smart and crtive. | -好吧 来看看 -聪明又有创造力 |
[15:39] | You think I’ll like being pregnant? | 你说 我会喜欢怀孕吗 |
[15:41] | Oh, yeah. It’s the best. | 肯定会 最美妙的时候 |
[15:43] | Oh, except for the nausea. Oh, and the stretch marks. | 除了孕吐 还有妊娠纹 |
[15:46] | And the peeing. | 还有尿急 |
[15:48] | And the lack of sleep, the exhaustion. | 还有少眠 精疲力竭 |
[15:50] | Oh, and then the… the no booze. | 还有禁酒 |
[15:53] | – No booze. – Mnh-mnh. | -禁酒 -一点不能沾 |
[15:57] | Oh, I will miss you most of all. | 我会最最想你的 |
[16:21] | Arizona? | 亚利桑那 |
[16:23] | You’re, uh, you’re early. I thought– | 你提前到了 |
[16:25] | I thought you said you weren’t bringing her by till after dinner. | 我记得你说晚饭后才送她回来的 |
[16:30] | – Daddy. – Mija. | -老爸 -女儿 |
[16:42] | You mentioned the trial like it was nothing. | 你竟然说上法庭不是大事 |
[16:44] | It’s never nothing. | 明明是大事中的大事 |
[16:46] | You know how many times I’ve been sued? | 知道我吃了多少官司吗 |
[16:48] | My lawyer’s on speed dial, for crying out loud. | 我的快速拨号设的可是律师号码 |
[16:50] | He’s very good. Technically, his tactics are legal. | 他很厉害 更准确地说 他很有手段 |
[16:53] | You really didn’t have to come all this way. | 你真的不用那么远跑来 |
[16:55] | Of course I did. Of course I did. | 当然要 一定要 |
[16:57] | My baby’s in trouble. | 我的宝贝有麻烦了 |
[16:59] | But first, where’s my grandbaby? Mm-hmm. Come on, now. | 不过 我的乖孙女哪去了 |
[17:03] | Abuelo needs a hug. | 祖父要抱抱 |
[17:06] | Don’t tell me she’s already asleep. | 别跟我说她已经睡了 |
[17:08] | No. N-no. She’s, um… | 没有 她… |
[17:11] | She’s–well, she’s not here. | 她不在这 |
[17:14] | Arizona’s gonna bring her by in an hour. | 亚利桑那一小时内会送她回来 |
[17:16] | Oh, all right. Well, I don’t understand. | 好吧 我不明白这状况 |
[17:19] | Wh-what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[17:22] | We split up. She cheated on me. It’s been bad. | 我们分居了 她出轨了 很糟糕 |
[17:25] | I really don’t wanna talk about it. | 我真的不想谈 |
[17:27] | – When did this happen? – A couple months ago. | -什么时候的事 -几个月前 |
[17:28] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 为什么不告诉我 |
[17:29] | I just, I didn’t wanna get into it, Dad. | 爸 我不想多说 |
[17:31] | I-I fought so hard just to get you to accept us. | 我费了那么大劲 才让你接受 |
[17:34] | Mom hasn’t spoken to me since the wedding. | 妈妈自婚礼以来 至今没跟我讲过话 |
[17:36] | And I just… appantly, I marry people who cheat on me. | 只是…很明显 跟我结婚的人出轨了 |
[17:39] | It’s pathetic. | 多可悲啊 |
[17:41] | I am pathetic. | 我太可悲了 |
[17:43] | No. | 不是 |
[17:45] | When that O’malley kid cheated on you, | 那个欧麦利出轨时 |
[17:47] | I was ready to knock his teeth out. | 我都想打得他满地找牙 |
[17:50] | Now–now I won’t hit a lady but, you know, I can make it happen. | 我不能对一位女士出手 但我能找人 |
[17:53] | I know people. Just say the word, all right? | 我有资源 你只有开口就好 |
[17:55] | No, dad. God, no. | 别 爸爸 千万别 |
[17:59] | All right. | 好了 |
[18:01] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[18:03] | Mija, look at me. | 女儿 看着我 |
[18:11] | Nothing about you is pathetic. | 你一点都不可悲 |
[18:22] | Don’t hate me! | 别怨我 |
[18:23] | I know I said I was gonna cook dinner tonight, | 我知道自己说了今晚我会做饭 |
[18:24] | but I’ve still got a lot of work to catch up on. | 但我还有好多事要做 |
[18:26] | So… who wants pizza? | 今晚就吃匹萨吧 |
[18:28] | Hey, sweetie. Where’s mommy? | 宝贝 妈妈在哪 |
[18:30] | Callie? | 凯丽 |
[18:31] | Yeah. Hi, I’m home! | 我回来了 |
[18:33] | Is everything okay? | 一切还好吗 |
[18:35] | Callie! | 凯丽 |
[18:40] | Are you okay? Is ev-everything all right? | 你还好吗 一切还好吗 |
[18:48] | We’re having a baby. | 我们又有宝宝了 |
[18:51] | My boobs were hurting, and– and then I thought… maybe? | 我的胸部有点疼 我就在想是不是有了 |
[18:54] | But I’m only a day late and I-I didn’t even think | 经期只是晚了一天 我都没想到 |
[18:57] | that it would show up on a test so soon. | 这么快就能检测出来了 |
[18:58] | – We’re having a baby! – We’re having a baby! | -我们有宝宝了 -我们有宝宝了 |
[19:05] | Hi. | 宝宝 |
[19:07] | Hi, sweet baby. | 小宝贝 |
[19:24] | All right, gonna make this quick. | 好了 我们速战速决 |
[19:26] | I know we are all busy. | 我知道大家都很忙 |
[19:27] | Callie, I thought you understood you can’t be here. | 凯丽 你应该知道你现在不能出席 |
[19:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:30] | I know it’s a conflict of interest. | 有利益冲突 |
[19:31] | I just–I wanted to say something before you get started. | 我只想在你们开始前说两句 |
[19:34] | Travis Reed is suing both me and the hospital. | 特拉维斯·里德在起诉医院和我 |
[19:36] | I have no intention of settling with him, | 我没有意向和他和解 |
[19:38] | but the hospital should. | 但医院应该和解 |
[19:40] | As an owner and a member of the board, | 作为所有人和董事会的一员 |
[19:41] | I know how hard it’s been to get this place back on its feet. | 我知道重整医院有多难 |
[19:43] | And I don’t want you to jeopardize that because of me. | 而我不希望因为我而让医院陷入危机 |
[19:53] | What did our legal team say? | 我们的法律顾问怎么说 |
[19:54] | Um, yeah, they said that we should settle now, quickly and quietly. | 他们认为我们应尽快而低调地和解 |
[19:58] | – What if we don’t? – Well, this thing goes to trial | -如果不呢 -若上了法庭 |
[20:00] | and there’s a judgment against us, | 而判决又对我们不利 |
[20:01] | we could owe millions or we could settle this for much less. | 赔款可能是数百万 和解会便宜很多 |
[20:03] | If we go to trial, we risk bankruptcy all over again. | 如果上庭 就又要面临破产的风险 |
[20:06] | Only if we lose. There’s another side to this. | 那是败诉的情况 但还有另一种可能 |
[20:08] | If Callie isn’t settling, maybe neither should we. | 凯丽不和解 也许我们也不应 |
[20:10] | Uh, no. I was there. | 不行 我当时在场 |
[20:12] | I saw firsthand what happened with this patient. | 亲眼看到了这个病人的情况 |
[20:13] | And he has a case. A good case. | 他是有理的 而且会令人信服 |
[20:16] | We should settle. | 我们应该和解 |
[20:17] | And, frankly, Callie should, too. | 而且说实话 凯丽也该和解 |
[20:19] | Dr. Yang, what is your relationship with Travis Reed? | 杨医生 你和特拉维斯·里德是什么关系 |
[20:21] | Uh, Travis first came to me six years ago | 特拉维斯六年前因二叶主动脉瓣 |
[20:23] | with a bicuspid aortic valve. | 而碰到了我 |
[20:25] | I replaced the valve, | 我做了瓣膜移植 |
[20:26] | and have overseen his cardiac care ever since. | 之后一直在观察他的心脏状况 |
[20:28] | And it was you, I believe, who recommended him to Dr. Torres. | 是你向他推荐托瑞斯医生的吧 |
[20:31] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[20:32] | – That’s right. – Why was that? | -是的 -为什么呢 |
[20:34] | Because she was the best orthopedic surgeon I knew. | 因为她曾是我认识的最好的骨科医生 |
[20:36] | Was? | 曾是 |
[20:38] | As in past tense? | 过去时吗 |
[20:41] | You don’t believe she’s the best anymore? | 你认为她不再是最棒的吗 |
[20:44] | There are vegetations all over his aortic valve. | 他的心脏瓣膜上满是赘疣 |
[20:46] | Why didn’t you page me sooner? | 你怎么不早点叫我 |
[20:47] | We just heard the murmur this morning. | 我们今早才听到杂音 |
[20:49] | This morning? | 今早 |
[20:50] | Look at this growth. You knew he was a heart patient. | 你瞧这增生速度 你知道他有心脏问题 |
[20:52] | This didn’t concern you? | 都没考虑过吗 |
[20:53] | Of course it did. That’s why you’re here. | 当然有 所以才找你 |
[20:56] | – So what do we do? – The infection is eating away at his graft. | -我们怎么办 -移植瓣膜被大片感染 |
[20:58] | Best case–I go in, clean it out, and repair it. | 最理想的情况 开刀后我修复好 |
[21:01] | Worst case–he needs a whole new valve. | 最坏的话 他需要全新的瓣膜 |
[21:03] | Dr. Torres, you need to see this. | 托瑞斯医生 你需要看看这个 |
[21:06] | I was changing his compression socks and I saw this. | 我在替他换运动袜时发现的 |
[21:09] | His leg’s gray, cold. I can’t find a pulse. | 他的腿发灰 冰冷 没有脉搏 |
[21:11] | Okay, where’s Whitney? | 惠特尼在哪 |
[21:12] | I told her she had time to grab lunch before Travis woke up. | 我告诉她 在特拉维斯醒来前可以吃个午饭 |
[21:14] | All right, you need to go find her | 你要找到她 |
[21:15] | – and tell her that Travis needs another surgery. – Okay. | -告诉她特拉维斯需要手术 -好 |
[21:20] | Okay, I’ve gotta go in and do an embolectomy on this leg– | 我需要开刀做 栓塞移除 |
[21:22] | Unh-unh, no. I gotta go in and fix his heart. | 等下 是我先修复他的心脏 |
[21:23] | You can do that later. I need to do this now. | 你可以等等 我现在就要做 |
[21:25] | – Later? It’s already later. – He has lost blood flow! | -等等 已经等太久了 -他供血不足 |
[21:27] | He’s clearly throwing emboli into his extremities. | 显然有栓塞进入他的四肢 |
[21:29] | And where do you think the emboli is coming from? | 那你觉得栓塞是哪来的 |
[21:31] | His infected heart. | 是被感染的心脏 |
[21:31] | – Cristina– – Hey, hey, hey! | -克里斯蒂娜 -二位 |
[21:33] | I can hear you two from all the way the damn hallway. | 我在走廊上都能听到你们俩吵 |
[21:35] | Will you tell Callie to back off and let me do my job? | 你能告诉凯丽先退下 让我先来么 |
[21:36] | Yeah, tell Cristina to back off and let me do mine. | 是让克里斯蒂娜先退下 我先 |
[21:38] | If I don’t try this embolectomy, | 如果我不做栓塞移除 |
[21:39] | – he could lose his leg. – Well, he can live without a leg. | -他可能会失去双腿 -没有腿他也能活 |
[21:41] | He can’t live without a functioning heart. | 没有正常工作的心脏就不行 |
[21:43] | Look, if you do the heart tomorrow, | 如果你明天做心脏手术 |
[21:44] | it gives him an extra day on antibiotics, all right? | 让他先用一天的抗生素 |
[21:46] | He’ll be more stable, and the heart surgery will be less risky. | 他状况更稳定 也会减少心脏手术的危险性 |
[21:49] | Cristina, this is Travis Reed we’re talking about. | 克里斯蒂娜 这可是特拉维斯·里德 |
[21:51] | Let me try to save his leg. | 让我挽救他的腿 |
[21:52] | Dr. Torres performed the embolectomy that afternoon. | 托瑞斯医生那天下午做了栓塞移除 |
[21:55] | Against your wishes? | 违背你的意愿 |
[21:57] | We had a professional difference of opinion. | 我们在专业上有点分歧 |
[21:59] | You know, in my office, if one of my co-workers | 在我的办公室里 如果我的同事 |
[22:02] | was shouting at me so loudly that | 对着我大吼大叫 |
[22:04] | you could hear him all the way down the hall, | 弄得整个走廊都能听到 |
[22:05] | it would more than just a difference of opinion. | 那就不只是专业分歧那么简单 |
[22:07] | It would be grounds for a dismissal. | 直接就是开除的节奏 |
[22:08] | We are passionate about our work. | 我们都对工作充满热情 |
[22:11] | And in the end, I agreed with Dr. Torres, | 但最后 我同意托瑞斯医生 |
[22:14] | that the heart surgery could wait. | 那个心脏手术可以缓一缓 |
[22:16] | – You agreed? – Yes. | -你同意了 -是的 |
[22:17] | Are you sure you weren’t bullied? | 你确定你没有被恐吓吗 |
[22:19] | – Objection. – Yeah, I know. | -反对 -我当然知道 |
[22:20] | The embolectomy could not have gone better. | 栓塞移除相当成功 |
[22:22] | I mean, his leg was already pinking up | 我昨晚在康复室看到他时 |
[22:23] | by the time I saw him in recovery last night. | 他的腿已经变红软了 |
[22:25] | What’s his temp? | 他的体温多少 |
[22:25] | Oh, he was febrile overnight but his white count’s stable. | 他整晚都发热 但他的白细胞稳定 |
[22:32] | – What’s going on? – Travis? | -我是怎么了 -特拉维斯 |
[22:33] | – What aren’t you telling me? – What’s wrong? | -你还有什么没告诉我的 -怎么了 |
[22:39] | What the hell is wrong with my legs?! | 我的腿到底怎么回事 |
[22:49] | Are we losing this case? | 我们这场官司要输了吗 |
[22:50] | It’s… too early to panic. | 现在下结论还为时过早 |
[22:52] | We haven’t presented our side. | 我们还没陈述我们的观点 |
[22:53] | There she is. | 她在这啊 |
[22:56] | Richard! Well, you shouldn’t be here. | 理查德 你不该来这的 |
[22:58] | That’s what I told him, but he insisted on coming. | 我就是这么跟他说的 但他坚持要来 |
[23:01] | It’s a miracle I made it here at all. | 我能来这简直是奇迹 |
[23:03] | Kepner’s a terrible driver. | 凯普娜真是个糟糕的司机 |
[23:06] | How’s it goin’? | 进行得怎样 |
[23:07] | You knew it was bad. | 你知道情况很糟 |
[23:10] | His legs were black. I knew it wasn’t good. | 他的腿都发黑了 我知道情况不妙 |
[23:14] | They cut them off that night. | 他们当晚就给他截肢了 |
[23:15] | Now did you have any indication that Dr. Torres | 那你感觉 托瑞斯医生曾有担心过 |
[23:18] | was even worried about something like amputation? | 截肢这种可能吗 |
[23:20] | I mean, did she ever mention that it might be even a risk? | 我是说 她有提到截肢可能有风险吗 |
[23:22] | No. | 没有 |
[23:23] | But she was worried about it. | 但她曾有过忧虑 |
[23:26] | She was worried about what it would do to her reputation. | 她担心这会对她的名声造成影响 |
[23:29] | – What is she talking about? – Now why would you say that? | -她在说什么 -你凭什么这么说 |
[23:31] | – I-I have no idea. – I heard her talking in the hallway. | -不清楚 -我听到她在走廊的谈话 |
[23:34] | She didn’t know I could hear her. | 她不知道我可以听到 |
[23:36] | What did she say? | 那她说了什么 |
[23:39] | She said, “I can’t be the doctor | 她说 “我可不能当一个 |
[23:41] | who turns an olympic athlete into a doorstop.” | 把奥运选手变成瘸子的医生” |
[23:45] | All right, quiet down! | 好了 肃静 |
[23:46] | Quiet down, everyone! | 肃静 各位 |
[23:49] | Quiet down! | 肃静 |
[23:51] | Do we knock? | 我们要敲门吗 |
[23:52] | No, there’s an open house on Sunday. | 不用 这星期日就会开放 |
[23:53] | We can come back then. | 我们那时再来吧 |
[23:54] | Oh, oh! There’s a swing set! | 天啊 那里有秋千架 |
[23:56] | Oh, and a pool! A pool! | 还有个泳池 是泳池啊 |
[23:57] | Callie there’s a pool! | 凯丽 那里有泳池哎 |
[23:58] | Ooh! Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[23:59] | – Yeah. – Oh, I can just see us | -真的 -我都能预见到我们 |
[24:01] | playing with the girls in this yard, | 在院子里和女儿们嬉戏 |
[24:03] | having a picnic, and swinging on the swings. | 野餐 荡秋千的场景了 |
[24:06] | Ohh. What makes you think we’re having another girl? | 你为啥觉得我俩又会迎来一个女儿 |
[24:08] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[24:10] | Can you get off of that thing for five seconds | 你就不能停下你的手机 |
[24:12] | and look at this place? | 好好看看这里吗 |
[24:12] | Yeah, I know, hold on a second. | 我知道 很快了 |
[24:13] | I’m just, uh, I’m following up on that clinical trial | 我只是在跟进那个德国的 |
[24:15] | in Germany using Peterson hip joints. | 使用彼得森髋关节的临床试验 |
[24:17] | I’m trying to get them to send me their data. | 我试着让他们给我试验数据 |
[24:18] | Well, they’re not gonna release anything until it’s published. | 在没发表前 他们可不会泄露任何东西 |
[24:20] | It’s worth a shot. | 至少值得一试啊 |
[24:23] | There, sent. | 好了 发送出去了 |
[24:24] | All right, now you can show me the swing set. | 你可以带我看看那秋千架了 |
[24:25] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:27] | You okay? You all right? | 你没事吧 还好吗 |
[24:28] | Yeah. I got it. | 还好 没事 |
[24:30] | I’ve got it. | 我自己来就行 |
[24:51] | Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, | 你发誓你说的是真话 句句实言 |
[24:53] | and nothing but the truth? | 全部属实吗 |
[24:54] | I do. | 我发誓 |
[24:57] | Hey, Travis. | 你好 特拉维斯 |
[24:58] | Hey. | 你好 |
[25:00] | You know, I’m, uh… | 我… |
[25:02] | I’m thinking about snowboarding. | 我在考虑去滑雪 |
[25:05] | In fact, I picked up a board– | 事实上 我选了一款滑雪板 |
[25:06] | a Burton blunt. | 是伯顿的单板滑雪板 |
[25:07] | – You familiar with that one? – That’s a good board. | -你应该很熟悉吧 -那款很不错 |
[25:09] | There’s better boards for beginners. | 对于初学者还有更好的滑雪板 |
[25:10] | What size shoe are you? | 你穿多大的鞋 |
[25:12] | I’m a 13. | 我穿13码 |
[25:14] | You might wanna look into an extra wide, | 那你可能需要加宽码 |
[25:16] | so your toes don’t hang over too much. | 这样你的脚趾就不会挤得太紧 |
[25:17] | A little over hang’s fine, | 当然紧一点没关系 |
[25:18] | but too much is gonna cause drag. | 但太紧会导致阻力过大 |
[25:19] | – And drag’s bad? – Well– | -那时可就麻烦了 -那是 |
[25:21] | Objection, your honor. Where’s this going? | 反对 法官大人 这是在闹哪样 |
[25:22] | Look, I’m simple consulting an expert on snowboarding | 我只是在向滑雪专家咨询 |
[25:25] | about a snowboard. | 滑雪板的事而已 |
[25:26] | I mean, who should I trust more, | 难不成我还要相信 |
[25:27] | this guy or the kid who’s helping me out at R.E.I.? | 在REI向我推销的小鬼头 |
[25:30] | Get to the point, Mr. Hamilton. | 说重点 汉密尔顿先生 |
[25:32] | Travis, when you first met Dr. Torres, | 特拉维斯 你第一次见到托瑞斯医生时 |
[25:35] | did you ask her about a certain kind of joint? | 你有问过她某种人工关节吗 |
[25:37] | The Peterson joint. | 彼得森髋关节 |
[25:38] | I’d heard it was good for athletes. | 我听说它很适用于运动员 |
[25:40] | You know, quicker recovery, better range of motion. | 可以恢复得更快而且更灵活 |
[25:42] | So you were consulting an expert on joint replacement | 那你那时咨询了关节置换专家 |
[25:45] | – about a joint. – Yeah. | -有关关节的事 -是的 |
[25:47] | Is it true that Dr. Torres had never actually done | 事实上托瑞斯医生以前从没用这类关节 |
[25:49] | an operation with this kind of joint before? | 做过手术 对吗 |
[25:51] | – It’s true. – But you went ahead with it anyway. | -是的 -但你还是同意了 |
[25:53] | She said she had done a lot of research. | 她说她做过大量的研究 |
[25:54] | She said she was confident. | 对自己有信心 |
[25:55] | So you trusted her to use her expertise to advise you, | 所以你相信她提出的专业意见 |
[25:59] | and to keep you safe. | 相信她能保证你的安全 |
[26:01] | When, in fact, what you got was a botched surgery, | 但结果 你经历了一个有失误的手术 |
[26:04] | an infection, a revision surgery, | 一场感染 一个修复手术 |
[26:07] | a heart surgery… and… | 一个心脏手术 还有 |
[26:11] | I mean, look at you now. | 现在的你 |
[26:13] | Just let me pull up the blanket. | 让我盖上毯子吧 |
[26:17] | Why? So you don’t have to look at them? | 为什么 这样就不必看着它们了吗 |
[26:20] | There’s nothing there. | 那什么都没有 |
[26:28] | Is it her? | 是她吗 |
[26:35] | – Hey, Travis. – Tell her to go. | -嗨 特拉维斯 -让她走 |
[26:37] | I don’t wanna see her. I don’t wanna talk to her. | 我不想看见她 不想跟她说话 |
[26:43] | Um, I just brought you some information on support groups. | 我就是带了些互助小组的信息 |
[26:47] | Um, try to get him to go. And, oh, on the back, | 尽量让他参加吧 这背面 |
[26:50] | there’s a name of an incredible prosthetist– | 有个修复学专家 |
[26:52] | Tell her to get out. I trusted her. | 让她滚 我信任过她 |
[26:56] | I trusted her completely, and… | 我完全信任她 结果 |
[27:00] | you know, I get that people live without legs | 我明白失去双腿的生活 |
[27:02] | and it’s not the end of the world, but… | 并不是世界末日 但是 |
[27:06] | it’s the end of my world. | 对我的世界来说 就是末日 |
[27:09] | I’ve been snowboarding since I was 5. | 我5岁开始滑雪 |
[27:10] | I used to steal cafeteria trays from school | 我曾经从学校偷了自助餐盘 |
[27:12] | and ride ’em down my parents’ driveway. | 在家里的车道上用它们滑 |
[27:14] | Snow or no snow, I didn’t care. | 有没有雪都无所谓 |
[27:17] | It was the thing I did for fun. | 这是我用来取乐的方式 |
[27:18] | Then it became my job and my world. | 然后它变成了我的工作和全部 |
[27:21] | And now it’s… everything– | 现在它就是我的一切 |
[27:24] | my family, my friends. | 我的家庭 我的朋友 |
[27:26] | Without it… | 失去它 |
[27:29] | I don’t know who I am. | 我的人生毫无意义 |
[27:32] | And now it’s gone. It’s just… | 现在我不能滑了 就这样 |
[27:36] | gone. | 不能滑了 |
[27:44] | And it’s Dr. Torres’ fault. | 这都是托瑞斯医生的错 |
[27:54] | You feel very strongly about that. | 你对此感觉如此强烈 |
[27:55] | It’s not just a feeling. | 这不只是种感觉 |
[27:57] | I know it. She told me. | 这是事实 她告诉我了 |
[27:59] | What, she admitted that she was at fault? | 什么 她承认过是她的错吗 |
[28:00] | Yes, she did. | 是的 承认过 |
[28:02] | The day she cut off my legs, she came into my room, | 切掉我的腿的那天 她来我的房间 |
[28:05] | she’d been crying. | 一直在哭 |
[28:06] | – She told me she was sorry. – Objection! | -她说她很抱歉 -反对 |
[28:08] | It is illegal to use a physician’s apology | 用医生对他们的道歉 |
[28:11] | against them as evidence of guilt. | 当作罪证是不合法的 |
[28:12] | Your honor, this isn’t about the apology. | 法官阁下 重点不是道歉 |
[28:15] | This is about everything else she said with the apology. | 重点是道歉时她说的其它内容 |
[28:19] | I’ll allow it. | 允许提问 |
[28:24] | Travis, I know this is gonna be painful, | 特拉维斯 我知道会很痛苦 |
[28:25] | so you take your time. | 所以别急 |
[28:29] | What else did Dr. Torres say? | 托瑞斯医生还说了什么 |
[28:33] | She said if there was anyone to blame, it was her. | 她说如果要追究谁的责任 那就是她 |
[28:37] | She said this never should’ve happened. | 她说这本不该发生 |
[28:39] | She said if there was any way | 她说如果有可能 |
[28:40] | she could change things, she would. | 改变一切 她愿意去做 |
[28:42] | Those were her exact words? | 这些是她的原话吗 |
[28:47] | Yes, they were. | 是的 没错 |
[28:55] | The prosecution rests. | 控方提问完毕 |
[29:08] | Yes, we had so much fun today. Big hugs. | 我们今天玩得很开心 抱抱 |
[29:11] | – I love you. I love you. – Mwah. I know! | -我爱你 我爱你 -我知道 |
[29:14] | Okay, all right, honey. I’ll see you soon. | 好了 亲爱的 一会儿见 |
[29:16] | Hey, your dad’s making me a little nervous. | 你爸爸让我有点紧张 |
[29:18] | Yeah, you should probably go now. | 好了 你快走吧 |
[29:19] | Definitely go now. | 必须走 |
[29:21] | – Bye! – Bye! | -拜拜 -拜拜 |
[29:22] | – Bye bye! – Bye bye! | -拜拜 -拜拜 |
[29:26] | Thank you for not saying anything to her. | 感谢你什么都没跟她说 |
[29:31] | If my grandbaby hadn’t been standing right there, | 要是我外孙女刚才不在 |
[29:33] | believe me, I would’ve said plenty. | 相信我 我会滔滔不绝的 |
[29:35] | Dad, don’t start right now. I have to be in court soon. | 爸爸 现在别说了 我要去法庭了 |
[29:37] | I have to take the stand today, and I’m just… | 我今天要出庭作证 我有点 |
[29:39] | Your mother and I have been married 38 years. | 我和你妈结婚38年了 |
[29:41] | – You think it’s been easy? – No, don’t. | -你觉得这容易吗 -不觉得 |
[29:43] | You think we haven’t had troubles? | 你觉得我们没有问题吗 |
[29:44] | Don’t do that. Don’t start comparing. Don’t. | 别介 别比较 千万别 |
[29:46] | What happened to her “Good man in a storm” baloney? | 她当年对我说的那些敢作敢当的鬼话呢 |
[29:49] | It’s not right. She should be here | 这不对 她应该每天都来 |
[29:50] | every day trying to fix it. | 努力解决问题 |
[29:52] | It’s not like that. | 不是那么回事 |
[29:53] | Oh, no? The hell it isn’t. | 不是吗 真不是 |
[29:55] | She hurt you. And now she’s too much of a coward | 她伤了你 现在她简直是个懦夫 |
[29:57] | to even– to even face you. | 见都不敢见你 |
[29:58] | Now she’s running away abandoning her family. | 她就这么抛弃家逃开这里 |
[30:00] | No, she’s not running away, all right? I kicked her out. | 不 不是她要走的 是我赶她走的 |
[30:03] | It was my choice to split up. It was mine. | 是我选择分开的 是我的问题 |
[30:04] | All right, so just drop it, okay? | 别再提了 好吗 |
[30:07] | You chose to break up your family? | 你选择结束你的家庭吗 |
[30:09] | Dad, not now. | 爸爸 现在别说了 |
[30:14] | – Did you even try to work things out? – Dad | -你都没试着解决问题吗 -爸爸 |
[30:17] | I knew what I was doing. | 我知道我在干什么 |
[30:18] | I did extensive research on the Peterson hip. | 我对彼得森髋关节做了深入研究 |
[30:21] | I even spoke with the team who invented it. | 甚至和它的发明团队联系过 |
[30:23] | Everyone agreed that Travis was an ideal candidate. | 大家都认为特拉维斯是理想手术人选 |
[30:26] | And the surgery? It went smoothly? | 手术呢 进行得顺利吗 |
[30:29] | The cut position and the femoral resurfacing were perfect. | 切口位置和股骨头表面置换非常成功 |
[30:33] | What wasn’t perfect? | 哪里不成功呢 |
[30:34] | Well, at the end of surgery, the patient desatted– | 手术快结束时 患者出现了去饱和… |
[30:37] | which means his oxygen level went down | 也就是说他的血氧下降 |
[30:39] | and his heart was beating really fast, | 而且心跳极快 |
[30:41] | which is really dangerous. | 非常危险 |
[30:43] | We thought he might have a clot in his lungs, | 我们认为他也许肺部出现凝血 |
[30:45] | so it was vital we finish the surgery quickly. | 所以亟需迅速结束手术 |
[30:47] | And that’s when you left the sponge. | 也就是这时你落下了海绵 |
[30:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:50] | And I would do it again. | 再来一次我也会这样做 |
[30:55] | Well, the patient’s life was at risk. | 患者出现生命危险 |
[30:57] | I-I believe that the sponge wouldn’t compromise the joint. | 我相信海绵不会伤及关节 |
[31:00] | I made a call, and I was right. | 我做出了决定 我是对的 |
[31:03] | It was the right call. | 判断是正确的 |
[31:04] | So leaving the sponge was deliberate. | 所以留下海绵是深思熟虑的结果 |
[31:06] | Not a mistake. | 而不是疏漏 |
[31:07] | You weren’t being careless or distracted. | 你当时并没有大意或分心 |
[31:10] | Make sure his B.P. and O-2 sats stay stable. | 确保他的血压和血氧量稳定 |
[31:12] | And bring me his post-op X-ray. | 把他术后X光片给我看一下 |
[31:14] | I wanna locate that sponge. | 我要找一下那块海绵的位置 |
[31:15] | Got it. | 明白 |
[31:20] | You missed our appointment. | 你没来我们的预约 |
[31:23] | Oh, damn it! | 该死的 |
[31:24] | I-I’m so sorry. I– my surgery went long, | 真的对不起 我手术太久了 |
[31:27] | and I completely forgot. How’d it go? | 我给彻底忘了 那进行得怎么样 |
[31:28] | I mean, I know the ultrasound’s just a blob at this point, | 我知道在这个阶段 B超只能看到个团 |
[31:30] | but still… | 但还是 |
[31:31] | Did you get a picture of the blob? | 你有拿到照片吗 |
[31:35] | There’s no picture. | 没有照片 |
[31:37] | And no heartbeat. | 也没有心跳 |
[31:40] | What? | 什么 |
[31:41] | She did the ultrasound and she looked and she looked. | 她做了超声波 但她反复地看啊看 |
[31:45] | But there’s no heartbeat. | 但孩子没有心跳 |
[31:51] | We lost the baby? | 我们的孩子没了吗 |
[31:54] | I remember the day very clearly. | 关于这一天 我记忆犹新 |
[31:55] | I wasn’t distracted. | 我并没有分心 |
[31:58] | Sure, I had other things going on. | 的确 我手边有些私事 |
[32:01] | Big things, actually. | 其实是很重要的事情 |
[32:02] | But… it’s my job to prioritize my patient, | 但我的工作就是把病人放在第一位 |
[32:06] | and that’s exactly what I did. | 而我就是这么做的 |
[32:08] | I wasn’t focused on anything or… | 我没有将我的注意力放在 |
[32:11] | anyone other than my patient. | 除了病人以外的人或事上 |
[32:14] | Let’s talk about this embolectomy. | 那我们来谈谈这个栓塞移除 |
[32:16] | Dr. Yang wanted to do the heart surgery first. | 杨医生想要先做心脏手术 |
[32:18] | You wanted to work on Travis’s leg. | 但你却想要先处理特拉维斯的腿 |
[32:21] | – Yes. – Why? | -是的 -为什么 |
[32:23] | Well, his foot was turning gray, | 因为他的脚已经开始发灰了 |
[32:25] | which is an indication that the limb is starting to die. | 这是腿开始坏死的迹象 |
[32:29] | And I wanted to restore blood flow. | 而我想修复腿部的血液循环 |
[32:31] | Once a limb turns black, there’s nothing we can do. | 一旦腿变黑了 我们就无力回天了 |
[32:33] | According to Dr. Yang’s testimony, she wanted to go first | 根据杨医生的证词 她想要先动手术 |
[32:36] | because the infection had moved to Travis’s heart, | 是因为特拉维斯的心脏已经被感染了 |
[32:40] | throwing out emboli– or clots– all over his body. | 从而栓塞或血块在他身体内四处流散 |
[32:42] | And she knew that the heart would keep throwing out clots | 而且她知道在心脏修复完之前 |
[32:45] | until it was repaired. So– | 还会生成新的血块 |
[32:48] | Do you cook? | 你会做饭吗 |
[32:51] | Uh, a little. | 会一点 |
[32:53] | Okay, let’s say you’re cooking, | 好 那我们假设你正在做饭 |
[32:55] | and you start a grease fire in your kitchen. | 你在厨房间引发了一场油火 |
[32:58] | And then it spreads to your curtains. | 然后它蔓延到了你家窗帘 |
[33:01] | What do you do? | 你会怎么做 |
[33:02] | Do you put out the grease fire? | 你会把油火灭了 |
[33:04] | Or do you extinguish the curtains? | 还是去扑灭窗帘上的火 |
[33:06] | Which disaster do you tackle first? | 你会先处理哪个 |
[33:09] | If I hadn’t treated the emboli when I did, | 如果我当初没有处理栓塞 |
[33:11] | Travis would’ve lost his leg for sure. | 特拉维斯的腿肯定是保不住的 |
[33:13] | I was just picking which disaster to tackle first. | 我只是选择其中一个先处理 |
[33:16] | I cannot believe you’re picking this fight right now! | 我真不敢相信你现在要跟我吵架 |
[33:18] | I’m not trying to pick a fight. | 我不是要跟你吵架 |
[33:19] | I am trying to tell you how I feel. | 我只是想告诉你我现在的感受 |
[33:21] | Okay, well, I feel like crap, too. | 行 我现在感觉也很糟 |
[33:23] | Okay? It wasn’t just your kid. | 满意了吗 它不仅仅是你的孩子 |
[33:25] | I know. I know that. | 我知道 我知道 |
[33:31] | Look, we just–we’ll just, look, we don’t– | 听我说 我们不必 |
[33:33] | We don’t have to try again right away, all right? | 我们可以等等再要孩子 对吧 |
[33:35] | We can wait a while before we try again. | 我们可以再等一段时间 |
[33:36] | No. We– | 不 我们 |
[33:37] | No, no. You’re missing the point. | 不 不 你没有抓住重点 |
[33:39] | What point? | 什么重点 |
[33:40] | I can’t take another loss, Callie. | 我无法再承受这种痛了 凯丽 |
[33:43] | I can’t handle it! | 我不能再承受了 |
[33:44] | I can’t–I can’t think about this right now. | 我不能 我现在都不能再去想这件事 |
[33:47] | It’s just–it’s too hard. It’s just too hard! | 太痛苦了 太难以承受了 |
[33:53] | What–what are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[33:56] | Now you don’t want another baby? | 你难道不想再要孩子了吗 |
[34:00] | Answer me. | 回答我 |
[34:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[34:08] | I have to go check on my patient. | 我得回去查看我的病人了 |
[34:11] | – Tell her to get out! – Travis– | -让她滚 -特拉维斯 |
[34:12] | I don’t want her here. Kick her out, Whit, now! | 我不想看到她 让她滚 立马滚 |
[34:15] | God knows I can’t do it by myself. | 我多想亲自把她赶走 但我现在是个废人 |
[34:16] | So get her the hell out of here! | 所以你赶紧让她滚出去 |
[34:20] | What’s wrong with you?! Why aren’t you doing anything?! | 你丫蠢了啊 怎么蠢站着不动 |
[34:22] | Okay, that’s enough! | 好了 够了 |
[34:25] | Whitney, go to the family lounge and get a snack. | 惠特尼 去家属休息室吃点点心 |
[34:28] | We need a minute, okay? | 让我和他谈谈 好吗 |
[34:43] | Don’t you dare take this out on her. | 你再把气撒在她身上试试 |
[34:47] | You are hurt and angry | 你很受伤 很气愤 |
[34:49] | and you have every right to feel those things. | 有这些情绪理所当然 |
[34:52] | But Whitney has nothing to do with that. | 但是惠特尼与这一切无关 |
[34:55] | You–you wanna take your crap out on somebody, | 如果你想把气撒在别人身上 |
[34:57] | you take it out on me, all right? I can handle it. | 就冲着我来 我能承受 |
[34:59] | You–you need somebody to blame? Then blame me. Go on. | 你要怪别人 那就怪我吧 来吧 |
[35:02] | Yell all you want. | 想怎么发泄随你 |
[35:07] | This never should’ve happened to you. | 这本就不该发生在你身上 |
[35:10] | And if there were any way, | 如果有任何办法 |
[35:12] | that I could magically change things, | 可以让我奇迹般地改变这一切 |
[35:14] | believe me, I would. | 相信我 我一定会的 |
[35:17] | I wish there was something I could do. | 我希望我可以为你做些什么 |
[35:20] | I wish I could fix this. | 我真希望我能治好你 |
[35:26] | I tried. I tried so hard. | 我试过了 真的尽力了 |
[35:33] | I’m so sorry, Travis. | 我很抱歉 特拉维斯 |
[35:36] | I’m so, so sorry. | 我非常 非常地抱歉 |
[35:41] | Yes, I apologized. | 是的 我道歉了 |
[35:43] | I understood what Travis was feeling. | 我理解特拉维斯的感受 |
[35:46] | I went through the same thing with my wife. | 我和我的妻子经历过同样的事情 |
[35:48] | She… she lost her leg last year, | 她在去年失去了她的腿 |
[35:50] | and, um, it’s changed us. | 而这一点 改变了我们 |
[35:53] | It’s, uh, cost us in ways that I… | 它让我们付出了很大代价 |
[35:57] | I can’t even begin to understand. | 我到现在还不能完全忘却 |
[35:59] | I wouldn’t wish this experience on anyone. | 我不希望这发生在别人身上 |
[36:04] | And now it was happening to my patient. | 而现在这一切却发生在我病人身上 |
[36:06] | Of course I was sorry. | 我当然很抱歉 |
[36:09] | I still am. | 我依然非常抱歉 |
[36:10] | I’m–I’m so, so sorry this happened to you, Travis. | 发生在你身上一切我深表歉意 特拉维斯 |
[36:14] | Th-that makes me human. | 我是个人 所以我有感情 |
[36:15] | That does not make me negligent. | 而我抱歉并不是因为我的疏忽 |
[36:18] | And if I can’t feel for my patients without getting sued, | 若对病人怀有同情就免不了被起诉的话 |
[36:21] | then I guess I’m just gonna keep on getting sued, | 那就让我一直被起诉吧 |
[36:23] | because that’s who I am. | 因为这才是真实的我 |
[36:26] | I won’t apologize for that. | 我不会为此而道歉 |
[36:33] | Dad, we’re home. | 爸爸 我们回来了 |
[36:35] | We’re back. Oh, I guess he’s still out in the park with the girls. | 我们回来了 我猜他还在公园里跟孩子们玩 |
[36:40] | How long do you think it’s gonna take | 你说陪审团多久 |
[36:41] | for the jury to come back? | 能达成一致的判决 |
[36:42] | I don’t know. Could be days, sometimes weeks. | 我不知道 可能几天 有时候要几周 |
[36:47] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[36:48] | I think it’s from a clinical trial on the Peterson hip. | 我想是关于彼得森髋关节临床试验的 |
[36:53] | I thought I never heard back. | 我以为我没收到回复 |
[36:58] | “Enclosed is the data you requested.” | “随信附上您所要的数据” |
[36:59] | “But please be advised, | “然而我们特此通知 |
[37:00] | we’ve currently put a stop to our trial. | 我们的试验目前已经暂停 |
[37:02] | There’ve been five instances | 之前曾有五例 |
[37:03] | of infection caused by the pseudomonas bacteria.” | 假单胞菌引起的感染” |
[37:06] | “We’ve traced the source back to the Peterson joint.” | “我们发现这是由彼得森髋关节带来的” |
[37:11] | What’s the postmark on that? | 邮戳是什么时候的 |
[37:15] | Three weeks before Travis’ surgery. | 特拉维斯手术前三个星期 |
[37:22] | I can’t just sit on this. I have to tell them, right? | 我不能保持沉默 我必须告诉他们 |
[37:23] | I wouldn’t. You didn’t willfully ignore any data. | 要我就不说 你没有蓄意无视任何信息 |
[37:26] | You didn’t act irresponsibly or maliciously. | 你并没有故意地不负责 |
[37:29] | You worked off the information you had at the time. | 你是以你当时所拥有的信息作出决定的 |
[37:31] | And then an act of god happened. | 之后的事情完全就是天意 |
[37:34] | The letter fell behind the bookcase. | 这信掉在书柜后面 |
[37:36] | It could’ve just as easily gotten lost in the mail. | 它完全有可能在邮寄过程中丢失 |
[37:38] | But it didn’t. | 但它没有 |
[37:38] | Accidents happens.It’s the job. | 偶尔发生意外 就像我们的工作 |
[37:40] | This one happened in your living room, not in the O.R.. | 这个发生在你的客厅 而不是手术室 |
[37:43] | I–you know, I-I was distracted. I-I wasn’t paying attention. | 我 我当时心烦意乱 我并不专心 |
[37:45] | I should’ve followed up when I never heard back. | 没有收到回复时我应该及时追问的 |
[37:47] | You feel bad because of what happened, | 发生的事情让你很难过 |
[37:49] | and anybody would. | 换谁都不会好受 |
[37:50] | But that envelope is not a magic cure. | 但这封信不是仙丹 |
[37:52] | It’s not going to grow his legs back. | 不可能让他再长出腿来 |
[37:54] | But what it could do? It could sway a jury. | 但可能带来什么呢 它可能让陪审团犹豫 |
[37:56] | It could make a jury think differently about you, | 可能会让陪审团对你改变看法 |
[37:58] | and that could end your career– | 从而终结你的职业生涯 |
[38:00] | Not because you were negligent | 不是因为你的过失 |
[38:01] | and not because you did anything wrong, | 不是因为你做错了什么 |
[38:03] | but because you feel bad? Because you feel guilty? | 而是因为你很难过 因为你心存愧疚 |
[38:05] | Let’s not confuse emotion with fact. | 不要把感情和事实搞混了 |
[38:08] | And the fact is, you did nothing wrong. | 而事实是 你没有做错任何事 |
[38:13] | Yes, I did. | 不 我做错了 |
[38:17] | Hey. | 喂 |
[38:19] | Okay. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[38:23] | They’ve reached a verdict. | 他们作出裁决了 |
[38:28] | We’ve all done things we aren’t proud of. | 我们都曾做过不那么光彩的事情 |
[38:34] | I understand that. | 我能理解 |
[38:39] | I know nobody’s perfect. | 没有人是完美的 |
[38:44] | But how do you live with it? | 但如何能心安理得 |
[38:48] | How do you get up every morning and face the world, | 当你明明知道自己本可以做得更好 |
[38:51] | knowing you could’ve done better? | 还有何颜面每天起来面对世界 |
[38:54] | That you should’ve done better? | 你本应该做得更好 |
[39:00] | Is being sorry enough? | 说对不起就够了吗 |
[39:07] | Can an apology actually heal our wounds, | 一声抱歉就能治愈我们的创伤 |
[39:18] | ease our pain? | 抹平我们的痛苦吗 |
[39:41] | Can they undo the hurt that have caused? | 能让时间倒退 挽回已造成的伤害吗 |
[39:54] | I really don’t think so, dad. | 我真的不这么想 爸爸 |
[39:56] | I-it’s not enough. Just because she says she’s sorry… | 这不够 就因为她说了对不起 |
[40:00] | You’re married. You took a vow. | 你结了婚 你发过誓 |
[40:02] | You don’t walk away from that. | 你不能一走了之 |
[40:04] | If things get hard, you work harder. | 如果事情很糟 就得更加努力 |
[40:07] | I mean, you have a child together, for god’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上 你们还有个孩子 |
[40:11] | She cheated on me. | 她出轨了 |
[40:16] | I cheated on your mother. | 我也出过轨 |
[40:19] | What? | 什么 |
[40:20] | I-I’m sorry. What?! | 对不起 什么 |
[40:21] | A long time ago. | 很久以前了 |
[40:22] | We–we–we were young. I was stupid. | 我们 我们很年轻 我当时很傻 |
[40:25] | But your mother found it in her heart to forgive me. | 但你母亲发自内心地原谅了我 |
[40:28] | Why? Why would she do that? | 什么 她为什么会 |
[40:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[40:31] | Because she believed we were stronger than one mistake. | 因为她相信我们之间比一个错误要坚定 |
[40:34] | And I thank god every day she did. | 感谢上帝她这么想 |
[40:38] | Because otherwise, I wouldn’t have you. | 否则 我就不会有你了 |
[40:43] | 38 years. | 38年 |
[40:44] | We’ve shared a life. | 我们共同生活 |
[40:47] | And it all started after that one mistake. | 这一切都是从那一个错误开始的 |
[40:52] | Now things between you and Arizona might not work out. | 你和亚利桑那的关系可能不会有转机 |
[40:53] | You know, you might not be able to fix it. | 你也许不能改变什么 |
[40:57] | But how will you know if you never try? | 但如果都不试一下你怎么知道呢 |
[41:12] | Just a second! | 等一下 |
[41:16] | Oh, you’re not bringing me extra pillows. | 你没说会过来睡啊 |
[41:18] | You did something impulsive, | 你一时冲动做了那事 |
[41:19] | and, uh, you were thinking about yourself. | 而且 你只想着自己 |
[41:22] | It seemed right at the time, | 那会儿看起来挺对的 |
[41:24] | and, uh… | 然后 |
[41:26] | you made a mistake. | 你犯了个错误 |
[41:28] | One mistake. | 一个错误 |
[41:29] | Do we have to get into this now? | 我们非得这会儿谈这事吗 |
[41:30] | I did something like that today. | 我今天也犯了同样的错误 |
[41:32] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:34] | Look, I have something to ask, and, uh, | 我想问你件事 |
[41:36] | you should probably take some time to think about it. | 你应该花点时间想清楚 |
[41:38] | I don’t need an answer tonight, but I-I would like to know… | 我不必今晚就得知道 但我想知道 |
[41:43] | if you’ll come home. | 你愿意回家吗 |
[42:08] | You should get dressed now | 你应该穿好衣服 |
[42:10] | and leave. | 走吧 |