时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. | 每个力都有对等的反作用力 |
[00:06] | Emergency rooms are kept in business | 急诊室能长年有病人 |
[00:07] | by people who’ve learned that lesson the hard way… | 是因为总有人不知道这一点 |
[00:10] | You made waffles in our kitchen. | 你竟然做了华夫饼 |
[00:13] | No, not me — | 不是我 |
[00:15] | Your sister, in between weepy phone calls with the fiancé. | 是你妹妹 一边和未婚夫诉衷情一边做的 |
[00:19] | Skydivers, bull riders — | 特技跳伞员 斗牛士 |
[00:21] | people whose bold ideas can often result | 这些大胆的探险者们 |
[00:23] | in broken bones and smushed spleens. | 往往要么缺胳膊少腿 要么内脏破裂 |
[00:26] | Well, being away from home is hard. | 也是 离开家确实不好受 |
[00:28] | I’ve been in D.C. for so long. I know how she feels. | 我自己在华盛顿待了这么久 感同身受啊 |
[00:30] | You’re the one who brought her here. | 是你把她拽过来的 |
[00:31] | She doesn’t need your sympathy. | 你别假惺惺同情她了 |
[00:32] | She needs you to send her home. | 快送她回家就是了 |
[00:34] | Now, did she say that? | 这是她的意思么 |
[00:35] | I’m sure she’s telling James all about | 我只知道她肯定在和詹姆斯诉苦 |
[00:37] | how we’re holding her hostage. | 被我们栓在这了 |
[00:38] | Well, we can negotiate the terms of her release | 好吧 等我晚上回家的时候 |
[00:40] | – when I get home later tonight. – Tonight? | -再谈谈如何放她回去 -今晚么 |
[00:41] | You and I have a surgery scheduled this afternoon together. | 你不是下午还和我有个手术么 |
[00:45] | Another meeting popped up. | 这边有个临时会议啊 |
[00:47] | I’m gonna have Amy cover for me. | 让艾米替我一下 |
[00:49] | – MM! – Sorry. | -噢 -抱歉 |
[00:50] | No. Not you. The waffles are amazing. | 不是你的问题 是这个华夫饼太美味了 |
[00:54] | I’m gonna miss having a hostage. | 我真会想念她的 |
[00:56] | Surgeons are trained to deal with the fallout of bold ideas. | 外科医生训练有素 就是为了处理这些问题 |
[01:00] | We pick up the pieces | 收拾烂摊子 |
[01:01] | and do our best to fit them back together. | 尽全力让其恢复到原有的样子 |
[01:04] | Guys, Jo’s dying. | 亲们 乔要挂了 |
[01:07] | They’re stress hives. | 那些只是压力疹子 |
[01:08] | I’ve been a mess since I heard Hunt and Webber | 自听到亨特和韦伯说要开了我们中的一个 |
[01:10] | talk about firing one of us. | 我就一直心神不宁 |
[01:11] | You’re a mess? I’ve gained eight pounds this week. | 你这就叫心神不宁啦 我这个周长了八磅肉诶 |
[01:14] | You could stop eating. | 谁让你吃这么多 |
[01:15] | Where do you even get these at 7:00 a.m.? | 一大清早你怎么买到这东西的 |
[01:17] | Drop it before I drop you. | 识相的给老娘放下 |
[01:19] | You know who’s not getting fired? Me. | 你们知道谁不会被开么 那就是我 |
[01:21] | I’m gonna keep my head down and stay out of trouble. | 我一直小心翼翼 没惹过麻烦 |
[01:23] | No, we should be impressing them, | 不成 我们得惊艳他们 |
[01:25] | – showing them they need us. – Wait. I’m confused. | -让他们知道我们必不可缺 -等等 我糊涂了 |
[01:27] | Should I keep my head down, or should I put on a show? | 到底是该小心翼翼 还是锋芒毕露 |
[01:29] | You just need to go one week | 你还是看看能不能一周之内 |
[01:31] | without having a nervous breakdown. | 争取不精神崩溃吧 |
[01:32] | Why does everything keep coming back to that? | 怎么总提这件事 |
[01:35] | It happened once! | 只发生过一次好不好 |
[01:36] | Relax. Hey, I’m the one who’s in trouble. | 别紧张了 我才是该紧张的 |
[01:38] | – Last one in, first one out. – Oh, please. | -最后一个进医院 最先一个走 -拜托 |
[01:40] | Even if you weren’t Dr. Bailey’s husband, | 且不说你是贝利医生的亲亲老公 |
[01:42] | you’re still Webber’s favorite. | 你可还是韦伯的最爱好么 |
[01:43] | Okay, I need two of you for rounds. | 我要两个跟我去巡房 |
[01:45] | Warren, Murphy, let’s go. | 沃伦 墨菲 跟我走 |
[01:47] | Nice knowing you. | 再会了亲 |
[01:52] | Braden Morris’ alc and t-cell counts are fantastic. | 布莱登·莫里斯的淋巴细胞和T细胞都很好 |
[01:57] | Do you think it might actually be time | 是不是可以让他 |
[01:58] | for the boy to come out of the bubble? | 走出保护隔离气泡了 |
[01:59] | It would appear so. | 似乎如此 |
[02:01] | So why do you look like I just punched a kitten? | 那你为嘛还一脸不爽 |
[02:04] | We can’t send him home until I tell his parents | 我得先告诉他父母我到底是怎么治好他的 |
[02:06] | the truth about how I treated him. | 然后再让他出院 |
[02:08] | And before I do that, I need to inform the board. | 在这之前 我得先告诉董事会 |
[02:12] | – Yang. – MM? | -杨 -恩 |
[02:13] | I gave a patient a stem-cell transplant | 为了治好一位病人的严重联合免疫缺陷 |
[02:16] | using deactivated H.I.V. as a viral vector | 我用无活性的HIV病毒为载体 |
[02:20] | in order to cure his SCID. | 给他做了干细胞移植 |
[02:21] | I did so against his parents’ wishes. | 我没有经得她父母的同意 |
[02:25] | Whoa. | 哇 |
[02:28] | Did it work? | 手术成功了么 |
[02:29] | Damn right, it did. | 当然成功了 |
[02:32] | Up top! Hey! | 那就够了 |
[02:35] | I’ve just informed the board. | 董事会没问题了 |
[02:37] | Now, let’s go see his folks. | 现在去告诉他父母吧 |
[02:43] | Ooh, look at this cute, little fetus. | 我们的胎儿多可爱啊 |
[02:45] | I want to send this to my mom. | 我想寄一张给我妈妈 |
[02:47] | Of course, right after the first trimester — | 当然可以啊 等过了第一孕期吧 |
[02:49] | – Two more weeks. – Come on, that’s far. | -还有两周就好了 -不要嘛 还得这么久 |
[02:50] | Look, if we start telling people, we got to tell my mom. | 如果我们把消息公布于众 那也要告诉我妈 |
[02:53] | She already tried to torpedo our relationship once | 她之前假设我们有孩子 |
[02:55] | over a hypothetical child. | 弄得我俩都不开心 |
[02:56] | What do you think she’s gonna do with a real one? | 现在你告诉她你真有了 你觉得她会怎么做 |
[02:59] | Oh. Hey, guys. | 孩子们好啊 |
[03:00] | Hey. Hi! Hey! | 嗨 |
[03:03] | Just, uh, having a checkup with old ob-gyn, | 我们只是来妇科查查身体 |
[03:06] | making sure all the parts are…in order. | 确保身体功能都完好 |
[03:09] | Yeah. | 对 |
[03:11] | Both of you? | 你俩都看妇科么 |
[03:12] | – Callie Torres? – Hi. Yes. That’s me. | -凯丽·托瑞斯 -是我 |
[03:14] | Uh, I think I can handle this on my own. | 这事我一人能搞定 你们走吧 |
[03:16] | Okay. | 必须的 |
[03:20] | That was terrible! | 我们太不会说谎了 |
[03:22] | – And what’s up with this? – I don’t know! | -这什么和什么啊 -我也不知道 |
[03:24] | The, uh, first candidate’s here | 第一位申请人过来了 |
[03:25] | and waiting in the conference room. | 在会议室里 |
[03:27] | Mm. I’m on my way now. | 好的 我就过去 |
[03:30] | So, I still can’t believe | 我还是不敢相信 |
[03:31] | he’s making you pick your replacement. | 他让你选替代你的医生 |
[03:35] | I’m interviewing Dr. Russell’s replacement, not mine — | 我是面试替代拉塞尔医生的 不是我的 |
[03:38] | Which I volunteered to do, by the way. | 还有 是我自愿的 |
[03:39] | It’s a punishment. | 你这是找罪受 |
[03:41] | It’s like making you clean the apartment you’re vacating. | 就好像让你清扫自己要搬出的房间一样 |
[03:44] | No, Owen knows this is the right move for me. | 没有 欧文知道这对我是最好的 |
[03:46] | – He’s been nothing but supportive. – Mnh-mnh. | -他一直支持我呢 -是么 |
[03:48] | Something’s coming. I can feel it in my bones. | 反正有什么不对头的 我感觉得到 |
[03:55] | – Ew. – I hate his face. | -太恶心了 -那张脸真讨厌 |
[03:57] | Okay, now look me in the eye | 现在你看着我 |
[03:58] | and tell me this isn’t a punishment. | 告诉我这不是找罪受 |
[04:01] | Thank you for this waffle. | 谢谢你的华夫饼 |
[04:04] | All right, Ms. Campbell. | 好了 坎贝尔太太 |
[04:05] | I’m just gonna grab you some gauze and — | 我去先拿点纱布 |
[04:07] | Non-adherent gauze, Dr. Kepner. | 不粘纱布 凯普娜医生 |
[04:08] | Do you prefer tape or coban? | 你要带状的还是片状的 |
[04:10] | Where did you come from? | 你从哪冒出来的 |
[04:11] | Oh, just trying to be useful, proactive. | 只是想帮帮忙么 热心肠呀 |
[04:13] | Finding needs and filling them — | 哪里有需要 我就去哪里 |
[04:14] | That’s my business. | 我的神圣使命 |
[04:16] | 30-year-old male, motorcycle versus S.U.V. | 30岁男性 摩托车和越野车相撞 |
[04:19] | Complex scalp lac and bilateral hip dislocations. | 头皮撞伤 两边臀部移位 |
[04:21] | Vitals are stable. | 生命体征稳定 |
[04:23] | Wilson, you want to be useful? | 威尔逊 想要帮忙么 |
[04:25] | – Yeah. – Take him to trauma one. | -当然 -带他去创伤一室 |
[04:26] | Start the ABCs, get him off the board, | 检查气道 呼吸和血液循环 把支架取下来 |
[04:28] | and get him his trauma x-rays. | 给他照个X光 |
[04:29] | And I will join you as soon as I finish up | 我弄完坎贝尔太太这 |
[04:31] | with Ms. Campbell over there. | 就去找你 |
[04:32] | Absolutely. Of course, Dr. Kepner. | 好的 凯普娜医生 |
[04:34] | Thank you for the opportunity. | 谢谢您给我机会 |
[04:35] | You’re welcome! | 不用谢 |
[04:39] | I don’t believe it. | 这是真的么 |
[04:41] | – We can take him home? – Absolutely. | -他可以出院了 -对 |
[04:44] | Oh! | 太好了 |
[04:45] | This is just — this is just wonderful. | 这 简直太棒了 |
[04:48] | Thank you, Dr. Bailey. | 谢谢您 贝利医生 |
[04:49] | Thank you so much for hearing us | 感谢您听我们的 |
[04:51] | and just letting him get better on his own. | 让他自己复原 |
[04:56] | Uh, Mr. Morris… | 莫里斯先生 |
[04:58] | Braden did not get better on his own. | 布莱登不是自己好起来的 |
[05:03] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[05:04] | I gave him the treatment. | 我给他做了治疗 |
[05:07] | They did not react as I had hoped they would. | 他们的反应跟我想的不一样 |
[05:11] | Legal action never crossed your mind? | 你从来没考虑过法律后果吗 |
[05:13] | I had hoped that they would see the bigger picture. | 我原本希望他们能看得长远一点 |
[05:17] | Uh, Dr. Edwards should be excused. | 你不要责怪爱德华兹医生 |
[05:19] | She wasn’t involved. | 她没有参与其中 |
[05:20] | Did she know what you were doing | 她知道你在干什么 |
[05:21] | and fail to report it? | 却没有告发你吗 |
[05:27] | She was involved. | 那她就参与其中了 |
[05:30] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[05:31] | I’m gonna get someone on the phone from legal, | 我需要打电话咨询法律部门 |
[05:33] | and till I come back, don’t go anywhere. | 我回来之前哪里都别去 |
[05:35] | Don’t speak to anyone. Don’t move. | 不要跟任何人说话 不要动 |
[05:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:53] | Parents authorized your treatment with signed consent. | 病人父母书面同意 让你进行治疗 |
[05:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:57] | Then they told Dr. Edwards that they changed their mind. | 然后又告诉爱德华兹医生他们反悔了 |
[06:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:02] | Dr. Edwards informed you, Dr. Bailey, | 爱德华兹医生通知了你 贝利医生 |
[06:05] | of the parents’ withdrawal of consent. | 病人撤销了同意 |
[06:07] | – Yes. – Yes. | -是的 -是的 |
[06:08] | And then you gave the patient | 然而你还是给病人 |
[06:09] | the stem-cell transplant anyway. | 做了干细胞移植 |
[06:14] | Have you told anyone else about this? | 这件事你还告诉过别人吗 |
[06:16] | I informed Dr. Yang this morning | 我今早告诉了杨医生 |
[06:18] | as a representative of the board. | 她是董事会的成员 |
[06:20] | What did she say? | 她怎么说的 |
[06:21] | She gave me a high-five. | 她跟我击了掌 |
[06:23] | And did you apologize? | 你道歉了吗 |
[06:26] | To Dr. Yang? | 向杨医生吗 |
[06:27] | To the parents. | 向病人父母 |
[06:28] | An apology could go a long way in circumstances like this. | 像这种情况道歉会起很大作用 |
[06:32] | An apology is only effective | 只有发生失误的时候 |
[06:34] | when a mistake’s been made. | 道歉才有用 |
[06:36] | I chose not to honor their wishes. | 我无视了他们的意愿 |
[06:38] | It wasn’t a mistake. | 可这不是失误 |
[06:45] | All right, Dr. Ross. | 好吧 罗斯医生 |
[06:46] | Tell us what’s so special about little Jacob here. | 告诉我们小雅各有什么特别之处 |
[06:49] | Jacob has an omphalocele. | 雅各有脐疝气 |
[06:50] | He was born with his abdominal organs outside of his body. | 他出生的时候腹部器官凸出了身体 |
[06:53] | We’ve been managing him with | 我们每天 |
[06:54] | daily application of silver-sulfadiazine ointment | 为他涂抹磺胺嘧啶银药膏 |
[06:56] | – as a bridge to delayed closure. – And that’s your job. | -避免伤口感染 -这正是你要做的 |
[06:58] | And to keep an eye on the other tiny humans. | 还包括监护其他小孩 |
[07:01] | It should be a quiet and adorable day. | 这会是安详美好的一天 |
[07:05] | Look at you, all grown up. | 瞧你 成熟男人了 |
[07:07] | – How’s the private sector? – Oh, couldn’t be better. | -私人诊所怎么样 -非常好 |
[07:09] | I, uh, just came by to check on my inguinal-hernia kid. | 我就是过来看一下腹股沟疝气的小朋友 |
[07:12] | Oh. Oh, great. Well, don’t be a stranger. | 挺好的 不用拘谨 |
[07:15] | Yeah, you too. | 你也是 |
[07:16] | Hey, Ross, hold up. | 罗斯 等等 |
[07:19] | I’m not gonna hit you. | 我不会打你的 |
[07:20] | I just, uh, want you to check up on an old patient of mine — | 我只是希望你帮我查一个病人 |
[07:22] | Kevin Platt, short-gut kid. | 凯文·普拉特 短肠综合症 |
[07:25] | Did he get his S.T.E.P. procedure yet? | 给他作串行横肠成形术了吗 |
[07:26] | Robbins has it scheduled for wednesday. | 罗宾斯预约了周三 |
[07:28] | He’s here for TPN till then. | 那之前需要全肠外营养支持 |
[07:31] | Cool. Got it. | 好的 知道了 |
[07:34] | That’s my tablet. | 那是我的平板啊 |
[07:35] | Monica Zarr, 27, in remission from rectal cancer. | 莫妮卡·扎尔 二十七岁 直肠癌转好 |
[07:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:42] | Uh, Monica now suffers from poor sphincter control | 莫妮卡由于做了直肠低位前切除术 |
[07:44] | due to her low anterior resection. | 对括约肌的控制力很差 |
[07:47] | She’s here today for the implantation | 她今天来是为了 |
[07:48] | of the permanent rectal pacemaker. | 植入永久肠道起搏器 |
[07:50] | Gosh, when you say it, it sounds so sexy. | 你说这个的时候特别性感 |
[07:55] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:56] | Honey, there’s no need to apologize. | 亲爱的 不需要道歉 |
[07:58] | They’re doctors. | 他们是医生 |
[07:59] | Um, Monica, I asked you to keep records | 莫妮卡 我之前要你记录 |
[08:02] | of your movements after your last surgery. | 上次手术后的肠道蠕动情况 |
[08:04] | Right. The log log. | 对了 便便记录 |
[08:07] | – Paul, give him the poop diary. – Sure. | -保尔 能把”便便日记”拿给我吗 -当然 |
[08:10] | Every 4 hours and 26 minutes. | 平均间隔四小时二十六分钟 |
[08:14] | The sacral-nerve-stimulator lead we implanted | 我们植入的骶神经刺激导线 |
[08:17] | should have cut your frequencies down far below this. | 本应让频率远低于此 |
[08:20] | I’m sorry. I’m gonna recommend | 不好意思 我建议 |
[08:21] | that we not implant the permanent pacemaker. | 不要植入永久起搏器 |
[08:23] | In fact, I think we should use the O.R. time | 实际上我们觉得应该把手术时间 |
[08:26] | to remove the lead wire. | 花在去除导线上 |
[08:27] | But I’m pooping way less. | 可我便便的量少了很多 |
[08:29] | But it’s not enough to consider the device effective. | 但不足以说明该装置有效 |
[08:31] | – We should explore some other options. – Such as? | -我们得找点其他办法啊 -比如说 |
[08:35] | Antidiarrheals, high-fiber diet, smaller meals. | 止泻药 高纤维素饮食 少吃多餐 |
[08:38] | I’m a professional dancer. | 我是个专业舞蹈演员 |
[08:40] | My diet’s pretty much leaves and twigs already. | 我的食谱本来就都是叶子了 |
[08:43] | There has to be something else. | 肯定还有别的办法 |
[08:45] | Sweetie, we made it through your cancer. | 亲爱的 我们战胜了你的癌症 |
[08:48] | We’ll make it through this. | 我们肯定也能战胜这个 |
[08:51] | I am so sorry. I couldn’t help it. | 非常抱歉 我没控制住 |
[08:53] | But also, she farted like 80 times, and I did not laugh once. | 而且她放了至少八十次屁 我都没笑 |
[08:55] | No, you just belched to rattle the windows. | 你只不过打嗝打得玻璃都震了 |
[08:58] | And Dr. Warren did neither, | 而且沃伦医生也没有笑 |
[08:59] | so he’s gonna take the lead on the lap chole. | 所以由他来主刀腹腔镜胆囊切除 |
[09:01] | – You prep Monica for surgery. – Yes, sir. | -你帮莫妮卡准备手术 -是 |
[09:03] | And take an antacid before you go back in there. | 回去之前吃一颗解酸剂 |
[09:11] | No, you need to bend the knee first. | 不 你得先把膝盖弯曲 |
[09:14] | Did you get those x-rays, Wilson? | 你做X光了吗 威尔逊 |
[09:15] | Think I’d be in here if she hadn’t? | 要是她没有我会出现在这吗 |
[09:17] | Well, somebody’s sure a grumpus today. | 有些人今天有点小挑剔啊 |
[09:20] | Wilson, fill me in. | 威尔逊 说明情况 |
[09:22] | Hey, what the hell? | 你搞什么啊 |
[09:23] | I’ll be with you in two shakes of a lamb’s tail, Dr. Torres. | 我马上就过去 托瑞斯医生 |
[09:27] | Vitals have been stable. Trauma lab’s done. | 生命体征稳定 创伤检验完成 |
[09:29] | Primary survey revealed a large, briskly bleeding scalp lac. | 初步检查显示有一个巨大的出血点 |
[09:31] | I put a pressure dressing on for you to assess. | 我做了加压包扎等你评估 |
[09:34] | C.T. negative for abdominal or intracranial hemorrhage, | CT显示没有异常或颅内出血 |
[09:36] | but did show bilateral hip dislocations, | 但有双侧髋关节脱位 |
[09:38] | one anterior and one posterior, | 一侧前位一侧后位 |
[09:41] | with an etabular wall fracture, but both have been reduced. | 并伴有髋臼内壁骨折 但情况已好转 |
[09:43] | Wilson, this traction pin’s not gonna place itself. Let’s go. | 威尔逊 牵引针是不会自己到位的 快点 |
[09:45] | Oh, yes. Sure. Of course. | 当然 马上开始 |
[09:47] | Such a grumpus! | 你今天这是怎么了 |
[09:50] | Do you see this pin, Kepner? | 看到这个针了吗 凯普娜 |
[09:52] | You call me that nonsense word one more time, | 你要是再敢用那个词叫我 |
[09:54] | you won’t like where I stick it. | 小心我扎你 |
[10:02] | So, you’ll access the spine through the retroperitoneum, | 你穿过腹膜后隙到达脊柱 |
[10:05] | and I will perform the fusion with bone graft between l5 and s1. | 而我完成第五腰椎和第一荐椎间的骨瓣融合 |
[10:10] | Do you need to take that? | 你要接电话吗 |
[10:13] | Nope. | 不用 |
[10:14] | So, Derek usually does the — | 德里克通常会 |
[10:18] | You can take the call. It’s okay. It’s fine. | 你可以接电话的 没事的 |
[10:21] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:21] | Just because Derek and I | 就因为德里克和我 |
[10:23] | are having a hard time juggling our lives, | 生活上有些矛盾 |
[10:24] | that doesn’t mean that we should keep you from yours. | 不代表你的生活也要受影响 |
[10:26] | You know what? I liked you a lot better | 你知道吗 我更喜欢 |
[10:27] | when you were the sister-in-law who didn’t give a crap. | 那个不多说废话的嫂子 |
[10:29] | Could we just go back to that? That would be great. | 你还能回到那样吗 |
[10:33] | Am I qualified to run the department? | 我是否有能力管理整个部门 |
[10:36] | Yikes. You know, not my call. | 这个不是我来决定的 |
[10:38] | What I do know is that for some strange reason, | 我只知道我作为一个住院医师 |
[10:40] | since I was a resident, I keep getting thrown the riskiest, | 总是莫名奇妙被交予 |
[10:43] | high-profile cardiothoracic surgeries. | 风险极高备受瞩目的手术 |
[10:45] | I mean, why me, you know? | 我就想 为啥呢 |
[10:50] | So, you did your fellowship | 你是在费城 |
[10:52] | in Philadelphia under Jack Alexander? | 杰克·亚历山大手下做的研究 |
[10:54] | Oh, do you know Dr. Alexander? | 你认识亚历山大医生吗 |
[10:56] | Oh, such a great guy. Really, sweet as pie. | 人好得没话说 |
[10:59] | Which is why it was always a little embarrassing | 所以每当我们外科主任找我会诊 |
[11:02] | when our chief of surgery would come to me for consults | 而不是亚历山大医生 |
[11:04] | instead of Dr. Alexander. | 我也总是有点过意不去 |
[11:06] | I took it as a compliment, but still, awkward. | 我知道这是一种赞赏 但还是很不好意思 |
[11:14] | – Knock, knock. – Who’s there? | -咚咚 -谁啊 |
[11:16] | – Interrupting jellyfish. – Interrupting je– | -来捣乱的水母 -来捣乱的… |
[11:18] | Ohh! That’s my favorite one! | 我最喜欢的 |
[11:21] | Hey, Dr. Ross. | 罗斯医生 |
[11:22] | Kevin doesn’t need the T.P.N. this afternoon. | 凯文今天下午不需要做全肠外营养了 |
[11:24] | Dr. Karev said he could do his surgery today. | 克莱夫医生说他今天就可以手术 |
[11:26] | Oh, that’s — but Dr. Robbins. | 这样啊…但是罗宾斯医生说 |
[11:29] | Ross, let me explain short-bowel syndrome to you. | 罗斯 我来给你讲解一下短肠综合症 |
[11:33] | Kevin here is missing a big chunk of his small bowel, | 凯文现在少了很大一段小肠 |
[11:36] | which means he needs surgery to lengthen it. | 所以需要手术加长 |
[11:38] | The sooner we operate, the sooner he goes home. | 我们越早手术 他就能越早回家 |
[11:41] | – Sound good to you? – Yeah. | -听起来如何 -太棒啦 |
[11:43] | We just need to transfer you onto my service. | 只要把你转到我这就行了 |
[11:45] | Dr. Ross will pick up the paperwork for you. | 罗斯医生会把表格给你们的 |
[11:52] | Hey, I should let Dr. Robbins know. | 我得告诉罗宾斯医生啊 |
[11:53] | He’s my patient. | 他是我的病人 |
[11:55] | Or he will be, as soon as they sign the transfer papers. | 或马上就是了 一旦他们签了转交手续 |
[11:58] | I don’t feel good about this. | 我觉得这样不好啊 |
[11:59] | You got two choices. | 你有两个选择 |
[12:00] | You can feel good about it and scrub in with me, | 心安理得的和我一起上台 |
[12:02] | or you can rat me out to Robbins | 或者把我告发到罗宾斯那 |
[12:04] | and I tell her you didn’t check placement | 或者我告诉她 你没有检查 |
[12:05] | of some kid’s feeding tube | 某个孩子的饲管 |
[12:06] | and he nearly died from aspiration pneumonia. | 让他差点死于吸入性肺炎 |
[12:08] | But that’s not true. | 你这是说谎啊 |
[12:09] | Yeah, but I worked with her for years. | 是啊 但我和她一起工作那么多年了 |
[12:11] | You went nuts and killed my dad. | 你呢 发疯害死了我爸 |
[12:13] | Who’s she gonna believe? | 你说她会信谁 |
[12:21] | You’ve already been the head of your own department | 你已经在你自己的科室 |
[12:23] | for two years. | 做了两年主任 |
[12:26] | You think I look too young. | 你觉得我看起来太年轻了 |
[12:28] | I finished high school early, | 我提前读完了高中 |
[12:30] | also med school. | 以及医学院 |
[12:32] | It’s pretty annoying, right? | 挺招人烦的是吧 |
[12:34] | Yeah, it’s pretty annoying. | 是挺烦人的 |
[12:37] | Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt. | 不好意思 打扰了 |
[12:38] | Can I borrow Dr. Yang for a moment? | 我能和杨医生说句话吗 |
[12:41] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[12:45] | Hope you saved the big guns for last. | 我希望你是把最好的留到最后了 |
[12:48] | They’re all solid candidates on paper, | 他们的资历都没问题 |
[12:50] | but between the humble-bragger | 但在那个以谦虚为名拼命自夸的人 |
[12:51] | and the girl who rode in on the big wheel — | 和这个乘着风火轮的女孩之中 |
[12:53] | Cristina, I need to know | 克里斯蒂娜 我问你 |
[12:54] | exactly what Bailey said to you this morning. | 今天早晨贝利到底和你说了什么 |
[12:57] | About? | 关于什么 |
[12:58] | Her patient — the deactivated H.I.V. | 她的病人 注入了无活性病毒的那个 |
[13:01] | Drawing a blank. | 完全想不起来 |
[13:02] | Really? | 真的 |
[13:03] | Well, I’ve been interviewing all day. | 我整天都在面试别人 |
[13:05] | I’m surprised I remember my own name. | 能记得自己的名字就不错了 |
[13:06] | You know what? It’s probably for the best. | 这样倒是好 |
[13:09] | Oh, and… go easy on these guys. | 还有…别对他们太苛求了 |
[13:11] | You know, they can’t all be you. | 他们不可能都像你一样 |
[13:16] | Dr. Avery, I haven’t held my son in months, | 艾弗里医生 我已经几个月没碰过我儿子了 |
[13:19] | and I want him to come out, but for all we know, | 我当然想他出来 但是据我们所知 |
[13:21] | she could be making up numbers to cover her own ass. | 她很有可能为了保全自己编数据 |
[13:23] | Yeah, we can’t trust that it’s safe. | 我们不相信这是安全的做法 |
[13:25] | I mean, what if we get him home and something happens? | 万一我们回了家然后出了事呢 |
[13:27] | You know what? I understand your concerns. | 我理解你们的心情 |
[13:29] | What I’m saying is if the labs show — | 我想说的是 如果数据表明… |
[13:31] | Are you a parent, Dr. Avery? | 你有孩子吗 艾弗里医生 |
[13:39] | My, um — my wife and I are, uh, expecting. | 我的…我妻子和我就要有了 |
[13:44] | Well, if someone did this to you, your child, | 如果有人对你 对你的孩子做了这样的事 |
[13:47] | how would you react? | 你会怎么想 |
[13:51] | I’ll go ahead and run some new labs for you myself. | 我会亲自帮你们再测一次的 |
[13:59] | All right, that might be enough weight. | 行了 重量应该够了 |
[14:01] | All right. Ready for that X-ray? | 好 X光好了吗 |
[14:02] | – Right away. – Whoops! Looks like I need more irrigation. | -马上 -看来我需要冲洗一下 |
[14:05] | Uh, Wilson, can you take over? | 威尔逊 你能接手吗 |
[14:06] | Yes, absolutely, Dr. Kepner. | 当然了 凯普娜医生 |
[14:11] | “Absolutely Dr. Kepner.” | 当然了 凯普娜医生 |
[14:13] | Who are you? I thought you had grit. | 你怎么回事啊 我以为你是有胆的 |
[14:16] | I do! I do have grit! | 我有啊 我有胆啊 |
[14:18] | Okay, well, all I see is some “Yes, ma’am, no, ma’am” sissy girl, | 我所见到的就是一个唯命是从的胆小鬼 |
[14:20] | and there’s no place in ortho for sissy girls. | 骨科可容不下这样的胆小鬼 |
[14:22] | Do you hear me? | 听到没有 |
[14:24] | Check yourself before you wreck yourself. | 好好反省别毁了自己 |
[14:27] | Sweetie, look. | 亲爱的 你看 |
[14:29] | This says yoga might help. You love yoga. | 这个上说瑜伽有用 你很爱瑜伽啊 |
[14:32] | Are you crazy? I can’t do downward dog. | 你神经吧 我可做不来下犬式 |
[14:36] | In a hot room? | 还在汗蒸房里 |
[14:41] | A bunch of yoga won’t get me my job back. | 做瑜伽不能让我找回工作 |
[14:45] | You lost your job over this? | 你因为这个丢掉了工作 |
[14:47] | They can’t fire you over something you can’t control. | 他们不能因为人力不可控的事情 |
[14:50] | After the cancer, | 癌症好了之后 |
[14:52] | I was supposed to have my big return to the stage. | 我本应该重返舞台的 |
[14:55] | I was able to make it through rehearsals, | 排练的时候我都应付过去了 |
[14:56] | running back and forth to the bathroom, | 一趟一趟跑去洗手间 |
[14:59] | But then, the first full run-through, | 然后 第一次全程彩排时 |
[15:02] | no breaks… | 没有休息 |
[15:03] | Oh, no. | 哎呦 |
[15:04] | …blastoff, in the middle of a pirouette. | 直接崩了 就在做脚尖旋转时 |
[15:08] | The fact that it didn’t happen in front of an audience | 要是在观众面前 |
[15:10] | is the only thing that kept me from shooting myself in the face. | 我就直接一枪把自己崩了算了 |
[15:13] | She’s exaggerating. | 她说得太夸张了 |
[15:15] | Paul, it was like frickin’ spin art. | 保尔 当时满地就像旋转艺术画一样 |
[15:26] | Hey, where’s Kevin Platt? | 凯文·普拉特去哪了 |
[15:27] | Dr. Karev took him up to surgery. | 克莱夫医生带他去手术了 |
[15:30] | Hey, what, are you poaching patients now? | 你现在开始偷病人了 |
[15:31] | I didn’t poach anything. | 我什么也没偷 |
[15:32] | – You stole my short-gut kid. – All right. | -你把我的短肠孩偷走了 -行了 |
[15:34] | Up until a few weeks ago, he was our short-gut kid. | 几周前他还是我们的短肠孩 |
[15:37] | Look, his parents know me. They’re fine with this. | 他父母认识我 他们没意见 |
[15:39] | Consents are signed, and he’s just about…prepped. | 同意书也签了 他已经做好术前准备了 |
[15:42] | Ross? | 罗斯 |
[15:44] | Really? | 认真的 |
[15:47] | The kid’s on the operating table. | 那孩子现在在手术台上了 |
[15:49] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么办 |
[15:51] | This was a jerk-ass move, Karev, | 你这就是犯浑啊 克莱夫 |
[15:53] | and you know it. | 而且你也知道 |
[15:58] | So, no one’s qualified? | 没有合适人选 |
[15:59] | No, I mean, they’re all qualified… | 不是 他们都挺合适的 |
[16:02] | But Owen’s right. | 但是欧文说的对 |
[16:03] | I need to accept that none of them are gonna be me. | 我得接受他们不可能成为我 |
[16:07] | – That’s his plan. – What’s his plan? | -这是他的计谋 -什么计谋 |
[16:09] | Owen. Didn’t make sense before. | 欧文啊 我之前就想不通 |
[16:11] | A fellow interviewing potential department heads, | 让下属面试未来的科室主任 |
[16:13] | showing you a bunch of people you won’t like | 让你看一堆你不喜欢的人 |
[16:15] | to get you to stay. He wants to offer you the job. | 从而把你留下 他想把这工作给你 |
[16:18] | Mer, you — you’re thinking about this way too hard. | 小梅 你…你想太多 |
[16:20] | You don’t offer a first-year attending | 不可能让第一年主治医生 |
[16:22] | head of cardiothoracic surgery. It’s just not done. | 做心科主任 不能这么做 |
[16:24] | You just got hired to run an entire research facility. | 你刚刚被聘去管理整个研究机构 |
[16:27] | You’re perfect for the job. | 你是这职位的完美人选 |
[16:30] | Wait, two seconds ago, | 等等 两秒前 |
[16:32] | I wasn’t qualified to interview the candidates, | 你说我不够格面试候选人 |
[16:34] | and now you’re saying that I’m perfect for the job? | 现在又说我是完美人选 |
[16:36] | – Yeah, because you’re you. – Okay, I’m lost. | -对啊 这职位非你莫属 -好吧 我理解无力 |
[16:39] | Is Owen the one plotting to keep me here, or are you? | 是欧文用这招留我 还是说这是你的主意 |
[16:43] | Now you’re the one thinking about it too hard. | 你才是那个想太多的人 |
[16:46] | She’s a dancer. This isn’t just a job. | 她是舞者 这不仅是她的工作 |
[16:47] | This is who she is. | 更是她的生命 |
[16:49] | And we’re just gonna send her home | 难道就这样让她出院 |
[16:50] | farting and pooping uncontrollably | 让她下半辈子都 |
[16:52] | – for the rest of her life? – And we’re done with the chili. | -大便失禁吗 -吃不下这辣椒了 |
[16:55] | – Webber told you to take an antacid. – I did! | -韦伯不是叫你吃抗酸药吗 -我吃了 |
[16:58] | I drank half a bottle, and it didn’t do anything, | 喝了半瓶都没用 |
[16:59] | and then I got all anxious about that, | 然后我就更加紧张了 |
[17:01] | and the next thing you know, I’m on the train to pizza town. | 接下来你懂的 我又暴吃披萨 |
[17:03] | You know what you need? A magnetic esophageal sphincter. | 知道你需要什么吗 磁性食管括约肌 |
[17:06] | Bailey put one in an old lady last week — | 贝利上星期给老太太做了类似手术 |
[17:07] | A ring of little magnets | 一小块磁铁 |
[17:08] | at the end of the esophagus, just above the stomach. | 植入到食管下端 靠近胃上端的位置 |
[17:11] | Lets food in, stays closed so you don’t keep… | 食物进入胃部之后会闭合 就不会… |
[17:15] | – …doing that. – Yes. Yes. | -…打嗝 -是 是 |
[17:16] | P-please get that thing. | 请…请这样做吧 |
[17:17] | – It’s a magnetic sphincter? – Yeah. | -是磁性括约肌吗 -没错 |
[17:20] | So, if it closes the opening for the food on the way in, | 食物进入胃之后 这能帮助胃闭合 |
[17:23] | wouldn’t it work on the way out? | 也能帮助肠道闭合吗 |
[17:25] | What, for our cancer dancer? | 来治疗那个癌症舞者吗 |
[17:27] | – It’s actually pretty good. – Yeah. You should pitch it to Webber. | -这想法很好 -对 你该跟韦伯说 |
[17:31] | Hey, Edwards, um, you’ve been working with bailey, right? | 爱德华兹 你和贝利一起工作 对吧 |
[17:33] | She was supposed to meet me for lunch, | 我们约好吃午饭的 |
[17:35] | but she hasn’t returned any of my calls. Something up? | 但她不回我电话 有什么事吗 |
[17:41] | What the hell’s the matter with you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[17:42] | – How could you be so reckless? – Whoa, how did you — | -你怎么就这么冲动 -你怎么知道 |
[17:44] | I had to hear it from Edwards! | 还是爱德华兹告诉我的 |
[17:45] | – I sure as hell didn’t hear it from you! – I couldn’t tell you. | -你居然没告诉我 -我不能告诉你 |
[17:48] | I didn’t want you to have to lie for me. | 我不想你为我撒谎 |
[17:50] | Dr. Warren, I’d appreciate it if you stepped outside. | 沃伦医生 麻烦你出去一下 |
[17:54] | Look, she is my wife. | 她是我妻子 |
[17:59] | Okay, um… | 好吧 |
[18:01] | The lawyers are meeting now. | 律师们正在开会 |
[18:03] | We’re discharging Braden soon, | 我们在给布莱登办理出院 |
[18:05] | but it does not look like the Morrises are gonna let this go. | 但莫里斯一家似乎不想大事化小 |
[18:08] | – So it looks like a malpractice suit? – Worse. | -所以是医疗事故的官司 -比这还糟 |
[18:12] | Assault and battery charges. | 伤害人身罪 |
[18:22] | Tuck’s soccer practice is gonna be over soon. | 塔克足球训练就快结束了 |
[18:25] | I was supposed to pick him up. Can you? | 我本来要去接他 你能去吗 |
[18:30] | There’s nothing you can do for me here. | 你在这也帮不上我的忙 |
[18:55] | Braden’s coming out of the bubble? | 布莱登要离开隔离病房了吗 |
[18:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:02] | I wish I could have seen that. | 我多希望能看他出院 |
[19:08] | Suction, please. | 请抽吸 |
[19:12] | You can go, Ross. I’ve got it from here. | 罗斯 走吧 我来接手 |
[19:14] | Come on. We’re in the middle of a surgery here. | 搞什么 我们在做着手术呢 |
[19:16] | I know. You stole my patient, but you can’t steal Ross. | 我知道 你能偷我病人 但不能偷罗斯 |
[19:19] | He works for us. He’s my resource, | 他在这家医院工作 他是我的下属 |
[19:21] | and I need him in the NICU doing what he was told to do. | 我需要他到新生儿监护病房去做事 |
[19:25] | You need an assist? You’ve got one. | 你需要助手吗 我就是 |
[19:30] | How can I be of help to you? | 有什么需要我帮忙 |
[19:34] | Sorry, I’m having a little bit of trouble | 抱歉 我遇到点问题 |
[19:36] | dividing these branching vessels. | 分离树枝状血管比较麻烦 |
[19:38] | I can retract the iliac vein medially | 我可以提起髂静脉 |
[19:40] | – to help with exposure. – Thanks. | -让你看得更清楚 -谢谢 |
[19:42] | – Derek’s coming home tonight. – Yep. | -德里克今晚就回来了 -是的 |
[19:44] | Which means you can go home. | 也就是说你可以回家了 |
[19:47] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[19:48] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:50] | You were just trying to be nice, and I bit your head off. | 你友善待我 我却很无礼 |
[19:53] | I will be out of your hair first thing tomorrow. | 我明天一早就走 |
[19:57] | Oh, that? No. This is not about that. | 那事啊 不是 跟那事没关 |
[19:59] | I’ve already forgotten you said that. | 我都不记得你说什么了 |
[20:01] | So, this isn’t you kicking me out for being a bitch? | 所以不是因为我无礼而赶我走 |
[20:05] | No. No, we love having you here, | 不 不 我们非常欢迎你 |
[20:08] | but we don’t want to keep you from your life | 不过我们不想继续 |
[20:10] | any more than we have to, so… | 影响你的正常生活 所以… |
[20:17] | What’s so funny? | 有什么好笑的吗 |
[20:19] | N– I’m sorry. It’s just… | 不 抱歉 只是… |
[20:21] | If I had spoken to anyone at Seaside Wellness | 如果我跟我医院的人说话 |
[20:23] | the way I spoke to you, I-I would have to have | 像跟你说话一样 我就可能要 |
[20:25] | a conversation for six hours about it. | 经受六个小时的谈话 |
[20:28] | I love it here. | 我很喜欢这里 |
[20:29] | James and I have not been fighting | 詹姆斯和我吵架不是因为 |
[20:31] | about the fact that I’m still here. | 我一直待在这 |
[20:33] | We have been fighting | 我们吵架是因为 |
[20:34] | about the fact that I never want to leave. | 我没想离开这里 |
[20:37] | So, you want to give me a bionic butthole? | 就是说 你想给我植入仿生屁眼 |
[20:41] | It’s magnetic. | 是磁性的 |
[20:43] | Yeah, it was Dr. Murphy’s idea. | 是 这是墨菲医生的想法 |
[20:45] | Well, it’s commonly used as the esophageal sphincter | 这个手术原本是用于食道括约肌 |
[20:48] | to reduce reflux and prevent food from coming back up the throat, | 减少反酸 防止食物倒流回喉咙 |
[20:52] | but we think, with a bit of modification, | 当时我们认为 加以调整 |
[20:54] | that it might work just as well for your stool. | 这也许能帮助你解决失禁的问题 |
[20:57] | Have you done this before? | 你们做过这样的手术吗 |
[20:58] | No, but, uh, it wouldn’t be the first time | 没有 不过也不是第一次 |
[21:01] | that a medical device was adapted to something | 我们通过调整医疗设备 |
[21:03] | other than its original intention. | 使其发挥不一样的功能 |
[21:06] | But, uh, we’re willing to give it a shot if you are. | 如果你们愿意 我们可以尝试 |
[21:09] | W-what do you think, honey? | 你怎么想 亲爱的 |
[21:13] | Yes. Please. | 我同意 |
[21:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:17] | Oh, my god. Thank you. | 天啊 谢谢你 |
[21:19] | – Paul, you okay? – I am ecstatic. | -保罗 你还好吗 -我太高兴了 |
[21:21] | My heart broke when Dr. Webber said the pacemaker wouldn’t work, | 当韦伯医生说起搏器没用 我心都碎了 |
[21:24] | but now you can have a normal life. | 但现在你可以正常生活 |
[21:27] | I mean, you can be comfortable. | 你能自由自在 |
[21:29] | This can all end here. | 这事总算到头了 |
[21:31] | Baby, I love you so much, | 宝贝 我好爱你 |
[21:33] | and, I mean, that cancer was one thing, | 癌症虽然过去了 |
[21:35] | but I don’t know how much more of this I could take. | 但我真不知道还能忍受多久 |
[21:38] | – I-I-I — the smell — – Okay, yeah. | -我 我 我 这气味 -好啦 |
[21:40] | We’ll take one magnetic butthole, please. | 请给我们来个磁性屁眼 谢谢 |
[21:49] | 20 pounds. Let’s see if it’s fully reduced this time. | 20磅 看看这次是不是真减少了 |
[21:51] | – All right, you ready to shoot? – Uh, wait. I’m almost finished. | -你那边好了吗 -我快好了 |
[21:54] | Okay, well, I need to make sure that his hip | 我得要确认病人 |
[21:55] | isn’t grinding on broken bone pieces. | 髋部没有骨折 |
[21:57] | Yeah. Hold o– just give me a second. | 好 等下 等下 |
[21:58] | – Just put on a lead apron! – Please give me a second! | -加个铅防护板就可以了 -等等 |
[22:00] | Kepner. Dr. Kepner, put on the damn apron! | 凯普娜 凯普娜医生 加铅防护板就好了 |
[22:07] | Torres, I can’t be in here | 托瑞斯 你照X光的时候 |
[22:09] | while you do the x-ray. | 我不能在这 |
[22:19] | Um…Wilson, take over for Dr. Kepner. | 威尔逊 接手凯普娜医生 |
[22:30] | God, you’re so weird today. | 天啊 你今天好奇怪 |
[22:32] | – I’m sorry. I — – Shut it. | -抱歉 我 -闭嘴 |
[22:33] | Just shut it. | 闭嘴 |
[22:36] | I’m telling you, kid, this is the place to be. | 小宝宝啊 在这准没错 |
[22:40] | It’s quiet. | 这很安静 |
[22:41] | The company’s great. | 还有小伙伴陪你 |
[22:45] | You and me, we got a lot in common. | 我们有很多相似之处 |
[22:49] | My intestines are on the inside, but still, | 虽然我肠子是在体内 |
[22:52] | I know what it’s like to feel exposed. | 但我知道暴露在外是什么感觉 |
[22:56] | If we stick together, | 如果我们互相支持 |
[22:58] | I think we’ll be okay. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[23:00] | In fact… | 事实上… |
[23:02] | What the hell, man! I thought we were friends! | 搞什么 小哥 我们是哥们啊 |
[23:04] | His omphalocele’s ruptured! | 他的脐疝破裂了 |
[23:06] | Get me saline, sterile dressings, | 立刻给我生理盐水 消毒纱布包 |
[23:07] | and Vicryl Mesh, now! | 还有薇乔网片 |
[23:12] | Reload stapler. | 放回缝合器 |
[23:14] | You’re not gonna oversew the staple lines? | 你不打算双层缝合吗 |
[23:16] | Staples alone should do it. | 单层缝合就足够了 |
[23:18] | Hmm. You don’t want to take the time? | 你不想慢慢来吗 |
[23:20] | I mean, I would, but, you know, I don’t like leaks, so… | 换我 我就会慢慢来 可我不喜欢渗漏 |
[23:23] | This isn’t my first S.T.E.P. procedure. | 这不是我第一次做连续横向肠形成术 |
[23:25] | Oh, I know. I taught you how to do your first S.T.E.P. procedure, | 我知道 你做的第一次还是我教的 |
[23:27] | which is why it blows my mind that you would try and poach my patient. | 所以我很震惊 你居然偷走我的病人 |
[23:31] | Why are you making such a big deal? | 为啥你要这么大惊小怪 |
[23:32] | Because it’s freaking rude, Alex, | 因为这太不厚道了 阿历克斯 |
[23:34] | and I don’t deserve to be treated like that. | 你不该这么对我 |
[23:36] | I taught you better than this. You’re out in the world now… | 我不是这么教你的 你现在是离开了 |
[23:38] | …but what you do reflects on me, | 可你的行为影响到我了 |
[23:39] | And I do not approve of this, and neither will Lebackes. | 我一点都不欣赏 莱贝克斯也不会高兴 |
[23:42] | So, what, you’re gonna tattle on me? | 所以呢 你要去打小报告 |
[23:44] | Dr. Robbins, you’re needed in NICU. 911. | 罗宾斯医生 儿科重症监护室紧急呼叫 |
[23:47] | And I spearheaded a hybrid O.R. that offered more flexibility | 我牵头建立了一间混合型手术室 |
[23:50] | between non-invasive and invasive techniques, | 可灵活选择非入侵性或入侵性手术 |
[23:53] | gamma cameras, the whole works. | 还有射线照相机 效果显著 |
[23:55] | I definitely want to bring that here. | 我真心想把这些引入这家医院 |
[23:57] | Wow, impressive. | 令人惊叹 |
[23:59] | Uh, well, do you have any questions for me? | 您有想问的问题吗 |
[24:01] | One. | 有一个 |
[24:03] | There’s a rumor that working here | 传说到这工作等同于 |
[24:05] | means giving up hope of ever winning the Harper Avery. | 从此与哈珀-艾弗里奖绝缘 |
[24:09] | Oh. That’s… | 这个问题 |
[24:14] | That would make a difference for you? | 对你会有影响吗 |
[24:16] | Of course it would. | 肯定会有 |
[24:17] | I mean, it’s the goal, right? | 那是所有人的目标 不是吗 |
[24:19] | I assume it’s why you’re leaving. | 我猜测这是你离开的原因 |
[24:26] | No. | 不是 |
[24:29] | You’ll probably never win a Harper Avery. | 你可能永远都不能获哈珀-艾弗里奖 |
[24:33] | I’ve known people who have deserved Harper Averys, | 我认识该得奖却没得的人 |
[24:35] | and people who have won them, | 也认识获得奖的人 |
[24:37] | and the thing they all have in common was | 他们共同的特点是 |
[24:40] | the work. | 工作 |
[24:42] | They are focused on the work and the patient, | 他们全身心奉献给工作 给患者 |
[24:44] | on making someone better or someone whole | 致力于治愈他们 让他们痊愈 |
[24:48] | or someone live. | 或让他们继续活下去 |
[24:50] | That’s their goal. | 这才是他们的目标 |
[24:54] | So…no. | 所以 不是 |
[24:56] | I mean, you, specifically, | 而你 就你而言 |
[24:58] | will never win a Harper Avery. | 永远都不可能得哈珀-艾弗里奖 |
[25:00] | Not if that’s what you’re after. | 如果你的目标是得奖的话 |
[25:02] | Uh… so, that’s — | 这么说来 |
[25:05] | You know, I wouldn’t give this | 我是你的话就不会考虑 |
[25:07] | place another thought. You’d be a terrible fit. | 待这医院的 而且你也不适合这 |
[25:12] | I don’t know what happened. | 到底发生什么了 |
[25:13] | It burst, Ross. That’s what happened. Move. | 伤口炸开了 罗斯 就这么简单 让开 |
[25:15] | Fran, get me a larger Vicryl Mesh. I need to protect his organs. | 弗兰 给我一块更大的薇乔网片 我得保护他的脏器 |
[25:18] | – Can I do anything? – You can step outside. | -我能做什么 -请你出去 |
[25:20] | Go. | 出去 |
[25:24] | We ran the labs twice, | 我们做了两次检测 |
[25:26] | and his immune-system values are within the normal range. | 他的免疫系统指标在正常范围之内 |
[25:33] | Let’s do it. | 我们开始吧 |
[25:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:40] | Come on. | 出发 |
[26:07] | Oh, baby! | 我的宝贝 |
[26:20] | She went about it the wrong way, | 虽然贝利的行为不对 |
[26:21] | but Bailey’s treatment did work. | 但她的方案确实有效 |
[26:24] | A-a-are you looking for a “Thank you,” Dr. Hunt? | 你还希望我感谢你们吗 亨特医生 |
[26:27] | She’s lucky he’s alive, | 他还活着 是她走运 |
[26:28] | because we’re only gonna take her license. | 我们只要撤销她的从医执照 |
[26:30] | When we’re done, she won’t practice medicine ever again. | 我们起诉完毕 她就不能从医了 |
[26:34] | And if we lost him, | 如果孩子不幸死亡 |
[26:36] | I wouldn’t stop until she was behind bars. I — | 她不进监狱 我决不罢休 |
[26:40] | It wasn’t Dr. Bailey’s fault. | 这不是贝利医生的错 |
[26:42] | She didn’t do anything wrong. | 她什么都没做错 |
[26:43] | It’s my fault he got the treatment. | 他继续接受治疗 是我的错 |
[26:46] | It’s mine. | 是我的责任 |
[26:53] | I-I forgot to tell her you wanted to | 我忘了告诉她 |
[26:54] | withdraw consent, so she just went ahead, | 你们要终止治疗 所以她继续治疗 |
[26:56] | And when I told her the truth, she covered for me. | 当我告诉她真相时 她替我掩护 |
[27:01] | – It was a mistake. – You forgot?! | -这是个失误 -你忘了 |
[27:02] | You just…forgot?! | 你居然 忘了 |
[27:04] | Hold on. David, please. | 请稍等 戴维 |
[27:05] | Look, Dr. Edwards is a resident, a trainee… | 爱德华兹医生还是住院医生 是新人 |
[27:08] | And if you want to yell at someone, then — | 如果你想责怪谁 那… |
[27:10] | In what world does that make it okay? | 凭什么这就没事了 |
[27:13] | My son could have died, | 我的儿子可能会死 |
[27:15] | and you’re just gonna stand there and tell me that | 而你们就这么站着 说没什么大不了 |
[27:16] | It’s okay because it would have been a mistake?! | 就因为这是一个小失误 |
[27:19] | – David. – Wha– | -戴维 -什么 |
[27:20] | – Honey. – David, come here. | -亲爱的 -戴维 过来 |
[27:22] | Come here. | 过来 |
[27:24] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[27:27] | David, he’s alive, | 戴维 孩子活着 |
[27:28] | And he’s healthy, and we can take him home. | 他健健康康的 我们可以带他回家了 |
[27:32] | Maybe — maybe we should just go home, hm? | 我们就这么回家吧 |
[27:35] | Can we, dad? Can we go home? | 可以吗 爸爸 我们可以回家吗 |
[27:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:46] | You’re gonna want to position the ring in apposition | 你现在要把环放置到 |
[27:50] | at the level of the anorectal junction. | 肛门直肠的连接处 |
[27:53] | Good. Uh, careful. | 很好 小心点 |
[27:56] | Okay, once it’s aligned, | 好的 一旦连接上 |
[27:57] | we’ll use the attached sutures to tie the ends together. | 我们就用缝合线将两端缝合起来 |
[28:00] | – Like this? – N-no. | -像这样 -不对 |
[28:02] | Now, you need to provide passive reinforcement to the canal. | 你得让它自己成结 |
[28:06] | That’s better. | 这样好多了 |
[28:07] | Now, don’t add tension when you throw your knots. | 现在 放手的时候别太用劲 |
[28:10] | When it’s connected, | 连接好之后 |
[28:10] | we will confirm placement with the fluoro. | 我们用荧光剂确认植入是否成功 |
[28:24] | How far along are you? | 怀孕多久了 |
[28:28] | 10 weeks, today. | 今天刚满10周 |
[28:34] | I know it’s still early. | 我知道现在还早 |
[28:35] | We’re not really supposed to be telling anyone, but… | 我们不该那么早告诉别人的 但… |
[28:40] | But we’re happy about it? | 但你们都很开心吧 |
[28:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:44] | Yeah, we are. We’re really… | 是的 我们真的… |
[28:47] | Really happy. | 真的很开心 |
[28:51] | Oh, hey. | 别哭 |
[28:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[28:57] | Oh, those — those tears aren’t — | 你哭的原因 |
[28:58] | aren’t for me, are they? | 不是因为我 对吧 |
[29:01] | There’s a reason you were such a grumpus today? | 你今天成了个”小愤包”是有原因的吧 |
[29:03] | – That is not a word! – Sorry. I know. | -那是什么词啊 -抱歉 我知道 |
[29:05] | My mom says it. | 我妈妈就这么说 |
[29:06] | It sounds so stupid that once you hear it, | 这词听起来太傻了 |
[29:09] | it’s hard to stay angry. | 所以别人听了就不会生气了 |
[29:10] | Note to self — does not work on Callie. | 默默记下 这词对凯丽没用 |
[29:13] | We’re trying to have another baby… | 我们还想再生一个孩子 |
[29:16] | And, uh, I had an appointment this morning. | 我今早有预约 |
[29:18] | You know, just to get the lay of the land. | 你知道的 受精卵着床 |
[29:20] | But, uh, I guess since the car accident, | 大概是因为那场车祸 |
[29:22] | I’ve developed all these adhesions, | 我子宫有粘连 |
[29:24] | and so I can’t carry another baby. | 所以我无法再生育了 |
[29:29] | Callie, I’m so sorry. | 凯丽 真抱歉 |
[29:32] | – No, I’m sorry. – I’m sorry, too. | -不 是我该抱歉 -我也很抱歉 |
[29:35] | Wilson, we need to put a bell on you. | 威尔逊 你走路怎么不出声啊 |
[29:37] | I owe you both an apology for snapping. | 我得向你们道歉 之前我不该发火 |
[29:40] | We overed that one of the residents | 只是 我们听说明年 |
[29:42] | isn’t coming back next year, | 要辞掉一名住院医生 |
[29:44] | and I’ve just been so afraid that it might be me. | 我超级担心被辞掉的会是我 |
[29:48] | – Could be. – Totally possible. | -有可能 -绝对可能 |
[29:53] | It’s not that James isn’t amazing. He is. | 并不是因为詹姆斯不好 他很出色 |
[29:55] | I mean, he really helped me through something. | 他确实帮助我成长 |
[29:58] | But I’m through it now, you know? | 但我已经过了那个阶段了 你懂吗 |
[30:00] | I mean, I’m on the other side, you know? | 我已经到另一阶段了 |
[30:02] | And now, when I stop and look around, I just — | 而现在 当我停下来思考时 |
[30:06] | I don’t think I need him anymore, | 我觉得自己不再需要他 |
[30:07] | which is terrible, right? | 我很可怕 对吧 |
[30:11] | – I-I-I don’t know. – When we’re done here, | -我不知道 -手术之后 |
[30:12] | I am gonna go and meet with our patient’s family, | 我会去见病人的家属 |
[30:14] | and then I’m gonna go home and bake a cake with your kids | 然后回家和你的孩子一起烤个美味蛋糕 |
[30:17] | and read them a really long bedtime story. | 再给他们读个长篇睡前故事 |
[30:20] | And then, when I have absolutely no more ways of avoiding | 当把所有能逃避的借口都用尽 |
[30:24] | breaking the heart of this man who deserves better, | 不得不让他伤心时 我会给他打电话 |
[30:27] | I’m gonna call James, | 他值得更好姑娘的 |
[30:29] | and I’m gonna tell him that I love him… | 告诉他 虽然我爱他 |
[30:33] | but I can’t do this anymore. | 但是不能和他结婚 |
[30:41] | She’s lying! | 她在撒谎 |
[30:42] | Bailey, that is enough. | 贝利 够了 |
[30:44] | I understand you wanting to protect our residents, | 我知道你想保护我们的住院医生 |
[30:45] | but you should not have let it go this far. | 但你不该把她纵容成今天这样 |
[30:48] | Well, you’re taking her word over mine! | 你竟然信她而不信我 |
[30:49] | It is over, Bailey. | 一切到此为止 贝利 |
[30:51] | The Morrises have agreed to drop the charges | 莫里斯一家已经同意撤销起诉 |
[30:53] | in exchange for Edwards receiving | 代价是 爱德华兹要停职一周 |
[30:55] | one week’s disciplinary suspension. | 以示惩戒 |
[30:58] | They have gone home. | 他们已经回家了 |
[31:00] | You should both do the same. | 你们也回家吧 |
[31:07] | What the hell is wrong with you?! | 你到底怎么想的 |
[31:09] | If you got fired over this, | 如果你因此被辞退 |
[31:12] | no one would benefit from this treatment | 就没人会像布莱登一样接受治疗 |
[31:14] | the way Braden did. | 从而获救 |
[31:16] | You were gonna go down for this, Dr. Bailey. | 你会因此失去一切 贝利医生 |
[31:18] | You knew it could happen, but you were willing | 你明知会如此 但你仍愿意冒着 |
[31:20] | to risk everything to save that little boy. | 失去一切的危险 拯救那个小男孩 |
[31:23] | What kind of surgeon would I be | 如果我连这点事都不敢做 |
[31:24] | if I wasn’t willing to do the same? | 还算哪门子外科医生 |
[31:28] | Plus, there’s a chance I won’t even be here next year, | 而且 明年说不定我就不在这里了 |
[31:30] | so I was just rolling the dice. | 所以还不如赌一赌运气 |
[31:33] | I was looking at the bigger picture. | 我是在为全局考虑 |
[31:41] | You’re not going anywhere without a fight from me. | 谁想要辞退你 必须先过我这关 |
[31:50] | If it’s all right with you, sir, | 如果您同意的话 |
[31:51] | I’d like to stay on Monica’s case. | 我想继续跟进这个病例 |
[31:54] | I want to be there when she comes back for a follow-up. | 我想跟到她来复查 |
[31:57] | Come over here. | 到这里来 |
[31:59] | Let’s… let’s have a seat. | 咱们坐下谈 |
[32:11] | That was a good move today, Murphy. | 今天表现不错 墨菲 |
[32:13] | You’re very bright, and you have what it takes | 你很聪明 以你的资质 |
[32:15] | to be a very good doctor. | 可以成为很棒的医生 |
[32:20] | But you’re not a surgeon. | 但你做不了外科医生 |
[32:24] | What? | 什么 |
[32:25] | Standing next to you in surgery today only confirmed it. | 我今天看你做手术更证实了这一点 |
[32:29] | You make five moves | 第二年的住院医师 |
[32:31] | where a second-year resident should make two. | 只需动两次就能完成的 你却动了五次 |
[32:33] | Your knots aren’t square. | 你打的结并不平整 |
[32:34] | You can’t see the planes of dissection. | 你看不清解剖体的平面 |
[32:37] | Next year, you’d only fall farther behind. | 下一年 你只会落后更多 |
[32:40] | N– I-I can work harder. | 我可以更努力 |
[32:42] | I can — I can do better. | 我能做得更好 |
[32:43] | A surgical residency | 外科住院医师 |
[32:46] | just isn’t the right fit for you. | 并不适合你 |
[32:49] | Is… | 是因为 |
[32:50] | Is this because I filed that harassment complaint? | 难道是因为我投诉骚扰的事情吗 |
[32:52] | No, Murphy. No. | 不 墨菲 不是 |
[32:56] | Letting you go isn’t a punishment. | 让你走不是惩罚你 |
[32:59] | It’s a kindness. | 而是对你的善意 |
[33:01] | And you deserve every opportunity | 应该尽可能给你机会 |
[33:03] | to figure out what your next steps might be. | 让你想清楚下一步该做什么 |
[33:05] | In the meantime, Dr. Miller | 同时 华盛顿大学的 |
[33:08] | at the University of Washington runs a research lab, | 米勒医生负责研究实验室 |
[33:10] | and I think you would do very well there. | 我觉得你在那里会大有发展 |
[33:12] | She owes me a favor. | 她欠我一个人情 |
[33:15] | I’d be more than happy to make a phone call. | 我十分愿意致电向她推荐你 |
[33:22] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 |
[33:42] | So, observe him carefully overnight, | 今晚要彻夜观察他 |
[33:44] | and in a few weeks, we’ll do a double-thickness skin graft. | 几周内 我们要做一个双层皮肤移植 |
[33:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[33:54] | What, did you come to steal more babies? | 干什么 你又来偷小孩吗 |
[33:56] | Don’t tell Lebackes. | 别告诉莱贝克斯我过来了 |
[34:00] | Oh, god. That makes it worse. | 天啊 你说这个还不如不说 |
[34:03] | – You– get out. – Look, I’m sorry. | -你出去 -我很抱歉 |
[34:04] | I screwed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[34:06] | Kind of… | 是的 |
[34:08] | I’m drowning over there. | 我在那边撑得很辛苦 |
[34:10] | Here, cases come in all the time. | 这里总有病人 |
[34:12] | I can prove myself. | 我能证明自己 |
[34:13] | Over there, if you’re not bringing in the cases, | 而在那里 如果你不能让更多人来看病 |
[34:15] | you’re not bringing in the money, and you’re a nobody. | 就不能创收 你就是无名小卒 |
[34:18] | I don’t want to lose this gig. | 我不能失去这个机会 |
[34:19] | I didn’t know what else to do. | 我不知道还能怎么办 |
[34:27] | I’m in trouble, and I need help. | 我有麻烦了 我需要帮忙 |
[34:29] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[34:30] | When something like this happens, | 出现这样的事 |
[34:32] | you call me, and you say, | 你就给我打电话 告诉我 |
[34:33] | “Arizona, I’m in trouble, and I need help.” | 亚利桑那 我有麻烦了 需要你帮忙 |
[34:36] | And I help you. | 我就会帮你 |
[34:38] | – Do you understand? – Right. | -明白吗 -好的 |
[34:47] | I couldn’t tell you. | 我当时不能告诉你 |
[34:49] | So you said. | 你就知道这么说 |
[34:54] | I — I need to know. | 我要知道真相 |
[34:57] | This risk, w-was it absolutely necessary? | 冒这种险 真的值得吗 |
[35:00] | He was dying. | 他生命垂危 |
[35:02] | And I created something out of thin air. | 我突发奇想的办法 |
[35:06] | I took a virus that kills | 我用致命病毒 |
[35:09] | into something that heals, | 治愈了另一种疾病 |
[35:12] | and I saved his life. | 我救了他一命 |
[35:16] | I saved his life. | 我救了他 |
[35:19] | *For I toss and turn* | *我辗转反侧* |
[35:21] | *I can’t sleep at night* | *彻夜无眠* |
[35:25] | *Once I ran to you* | *曾投向你怀抱* |
[35:28] | *I ran* | *用力奔跑* |
[35:29] | *Now I run from you* | *而今离开你* |
[35:33] | *This tainted love…* | *这被玷污的爱* |
[35:34] | You know, I’ve thought about it, | 我考虑过了 |
[35:36] | And if you want to send the ultrasound to your mom, | 如果你想把超声波图片给你母亲看 |
[35:39] | that wouldn’t be the worst thing. | 也没什么大不了的 |
[35:41] | – You’ve told! I d– – I-I kind of — | -你竟然告诉别人了 -我不小心 |
[35:44] | Who did you tell? | 你告诉谁了 |
[35:47] | Stephanie? | 斯蒂芬妮 |
[35:50] | So, after all the crap you gave me this morning, | 你今天早上极力劝阻我不要昭告天下 |
[35:51] | you went and told your ex-girlfriend? | 结果你自己跑去告诉前女友 |
[35:53] | It was an accident, okay? I’m sorry. | 我不是故意的 抱歉 |
[35:58] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你了 |
[36:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:03] | Still don’t know how we’re gonna tell my mom. | 我还没想好我们该怎么告诉我妈妈 |
[36:05] | What do you mean, “We”? | 谁要和你一起 你自求多福吧 |
[36:07] | That is all you, Talkie Tina. | 这都是你的事 小话痨 |
[36:14] | How are your hives? | 你的压力疹怎么样了 |
[36:15] | Oh, my back looks like | 我的背看起来就像 |
[36:17] | a political map of the United States — | 一张美国政区地图 |
[36:19] | big mess of red down the middle, plus Alaska. | 中下那一大块红的 再加阿拉斯加就齐了 |
[36:22] | – Bad day? – Bad day. | -糟糕的一天 -很糟糕 |
[36:24] | Did you pop a baby? I popped a baby. | 你搞炸过孩子吗 我就把一孩子搞炸了 |
[36:26] | I don’t even know what that could mean. | 我都不知道那是什么意思 |
[36:28] | And do not elaborate. | 不过别再解释了 |
[36:30] | You guys are gonna be fine. | 你们大家都会没事的 |
[36:32] | That’s easy for you to say. | 你当然这么说啦 |
[36:33] | Your big victory in the O.R. — you’re fine. | 你在手术室大获成功 没事的是你 |
[36:36] | One of us is definitely going down. | 我们中的一个肯定要被淘汰了 |
[36:38] | Come on, let’s go drink about it. | 走吧 我们去边喝边聊这事 |
[36:44] | You really think I’m gonna be okay? | 你真的觉得我会没事吗 |
[36:47] | I really do. | 真的 |
[36:52] | Go, go, go. I’ll meet you there. | 快去 快去 我等下去找你 |
[37:11] | Well, I — I could do it. | 好吧 我 可以我来 |
[37:13] | – No. – I could. | -不 -我可以 |
[37:16] | I could carry the baby. | 我可以怀孩子 |
[37:19] | I won’t ask you to. | 我不会让你怀的 |
[37:21] | But I’m offering. | 但我主动提出来了 |
[37:24] | Because we want this. | 因为我们都想要 |
[37:25] | I want this. | 我想要 |
[37:27] | And I can do it. | 我可以做到 |
[37:30] | We just got good again. | 我们刚刚和好 |
[37:35] | Now we’re too fragile. | 现在我们之间还太脆弱 |
[37:37] | And something like this — | 像这样的事情 |
[37:38] | if it goes badly, we won’t make it. | 如果出什么乱子 我们肯定没法走出来 |
[37:40] | I’m not gonna put us in that position. | 我不会让那种情况发生 |
[37:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:52] | We have a beautiful life. | 我们有美好的生活 |
[37:55] | We have a beautiful daughter. | 有个美丽的女儿 |
[37:59] | And that can be enough, right? | 这就足够了 是吗 |
[38:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:06] | That can be enough. | 这就足够了 |
[38:13] | I love you, Calliope. | 我爱你 卡莉欧碧 |
[38:16] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[38:31] | How’d it go? Do we have a new head of cardio? | 怎么样 选出新的心外科主任了吗 |
[38:33] | Ugh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:35] | I did screen all these applicants before they came to you. | 这些申请送给你之前我都筛选了一遍 |
[38:37] | They couldn’t have been all that bad. | 他们不可能都这么差吧 |
[38:38] | No, they’re mostly fine. | 不是 他们不错 |
[38:39] | No, not fine. Good. | 不对 不是不错 是很好 |
[38:41] | Any one of them could do the job. | 他们中的任何一个都能胜任这份工作 |
[38:44] | Except humble-bragger. | 除了那个自大狂 |
[38:50] | What? | 怎么了 |
[38:52] | The Harper Avery Foundation’s been looking for ways | 在你的事情之后 哈珀-艾弗里基金会 |
[38:54] | to mend fences with us | 一直在想办法 |
[38:57] | after what happened to you. | 改善和我们之间的关系 |
[39:01] | A large cash infusion into our cardio department | 给我们的心外科投入大笔资金 |
[39:04] | could allow us to attract a higher-caliber of talent, | 可以让我们吸引到更高级别的人才 |
[39:07] | – and then — – Owen, don’t. | -然后 -欧文 别这样 |
[39:09] | The worst they can do could allow us say no to | 他们要使坏的话完全可以让我们 |
[39:10] | – Please don’t — – higher-caliber of talent, | -求你别这样 -告别高级人才 |
[39:12] | Please don’t offer me this job. | 求你别邀请我来做这份工作 |
[39:20] | I wanted to… | 我之前是想的 |
[39:23] | for a week. | 想了一个星期 |
[39:29] | But I know you have to go. | 但我知道你肯定会走 |
[39:34] | And I know nothing good | 我也知道 |
[39:36] | can come of me asking you to stay. | 求你留下对大家都没有好处 |
[39:42] | So I’m not. | 所以我没打算留你 |
[39:48] | And I won’t. | 我也不会留你 |
[39:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:02] | But I will ask you something else. | 但我想问你要点别的东西 |
[40:05] | What? | 什么 |
[40:14] | – Owen… – Just until you go. | -欧文 -就到你走 |
[40:18] | Don’t leave me until you’re leaving me. | 你走之前不要离开我 |
[40:22] | Just until you go. | 就到你走 |
[40:45] | Hey, stranger! | 你好 陌生人 |
[40:48] | What are you drinking? | 你在喝什么 |
[40:49] | You know what? Doesn’t matter. You can dump it out. | 好吧 没关系 把它扔了 |
[40:53] | This is better. | 这个更好 |
[40:58] | Champagne is perfect, because… | 香槟最好 因为 |
[41:00] | I was wrong about the Amelia situation. | 艾米的情况我完全想错了 |
[41:03] | She doesn’t want to leave. She wants to stay. | 她不是想走 她想留下 |
[41:05] | She can take over your service. | 她可以做你的工作 |
[41:07] | She can help out with the kids. | 她可以帮忙带孩子 |
[41:08] | You can brain map to your heart’s content. | 你可以尽情地给大脑绘图了 |
[41:10] | I don’t have to pull my hair out. | 我不用再纠结了 |
[41:12] | It is the answer we’ve been looking for. | 这就是我们一直在找的答案 |
[41:15] | – This is great! – It is, right? | -这太好了 -是啊 |
[41:17] | Amy can move to Seattle, and we can move to D.C. | 艾米可以搬来西雅图 我们可以搬去首都 |
[41:22] | That wasn’t the point of my story. | 这不是我说的意思 |
[41:24] | I met him, Meredith. | 我见到他了 梅瑞狄斯 |
[41:26] | I met the president. | 我见到总统了 |
[41:28] | He came to us. | 他来找我们 |
[41:30] | We walked him through everything we’ve been working on. | 我跟他讲了我们研究的所有内容 |
[41:33] | And then, at the end of it, he said that | 然后 在这之后 他说 |
[41:34] | he wanted to make this a weekly thing. | 他想把这变成每周一次的例会 |
[41:36] | They offered me a position at the N.I.H. | 给我提供一个国家卫生研究院的职位 |
[41:39] | It’s the job. | 就是我想要的工作 |
[41:40] | I’ll be right there, on the ground, | 我在那可以 |
[41:42] | doing the actual brain-mapping work myself. | 做真正的大脑绘图了 |
[41:44] | They’ve given me everything. | 他们给我提供一切 |
[41:48] | Well, we can’t just… pack up | 我们不可能 打个包 |
[41:50] | and move across the country. | 就这么搬家搬到国家的另一头去 |
[41:51] | They have promised to have an attending position | 他们承诺让你在 |
[41:52] | waiting for you at James Madison Hospital. | 詹姆斯·麦迪逊医院做主治 |
[41:54] | The thing about the bold moves… | 任何大胆的行动 |
[41:56] | they’re terrifying. | 总是很吓人的 |
[41:58] | Could end in nothing but tears and broken bones. | 可能一事无成徒留伤心和痛苦 |
[42:00] | If Amy wants to move to Seattle, | 如果艾米想来西雅图 |
[42:02] | she can take over my practice | 她可以自动接替我的工作 |
[42:03] | without me hovering over her, and she will thrive. | 还不用我劝她 她一定能做得很好 |
[42:06] | Alex is leaving, Cristina’s moving on. | 阿历克斯离开了 克里斯蒂娜也走了 |
[42:07] | They’re — they all have their next step. | 他们 都有自己下一步的计划 |
[42:09] | This could be our next step. | 这就是我们的下一步 |
[42:12] | This should be our next step. | 我们应该更进一步 |
[42:14] | And that’s exactly what makes them so damned exciting. | 但正是如此 这些行动才让人异常兴奋 |